IRC log for #koha, 2012-02-15

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
09:16 logbot joined #koha
09:16 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.6.3 & 3.4.8 & 3.2.11 are now available ; Next General IRC Meeting 21 March at 18:00 UTC+0 | |
09:17 magnuse kf, paul_p: yup
09:23 stuartyeates left #koha
09:39 paul_p only failed QA for this morning :\ should I do something else ?
09:39 magnuse nah, if they fail they fail
09:41 * magnuse wishes normarc would wither and die
09:43 rangi cept 7432 doesnt actually fail
09:44 paul_p hi rangi.
09:45 rangi[…]hment.cgi?id=7586  changing from 600000 (which is hours and hours) to 600
09:45 paul_p pfeww...
09:45 paul_p rangi++
09:45 rangi to match what the comment said
09:45 paul_p sorry, will push it now !
09:46 rangi no worries, it was tricky to spot
09:46 rangi and even trickier to spot why the timeout was never being set
09:46 rangi but now it does timeout ... we can actually use it in more places :)
09:46 magnuse yay!
09:51 rangi the trick is need to make a different memcached object, for each time .. but thats not so bad means could even do some trickier with namespaces
09:52 gaetan_B joined #koha
09:52 gaetan_B hello
09:52 wahanui bonjour, gaetan_B
09:52 gaetan_B :)
09:53 rangi hi gaetan_B
09:59 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_5327' <[…]d4bdcb31c5b269458> / Added coverage to unit test for TTParser <[…]5c878db8f21f2e4dc> / Bug 5327: Patch removes unneeded self=shift from TTParser::unshift_token <
10:02 jenkins_koha Starting build #626 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
10:05 mib_vn551c joined #koha
10:21 mib_91b68z joined #koha
10:36 mib_k7qbi2 joined #koha
10:56 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #626: UNSTABLE in 53 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/626/
10:56 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 7432 : Fix how we are setting expiry time when caching
10:56 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 7432 : Fixing caching for SQLHelper
10:56 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 7432 : Fixing caching for C4::Languages
10:56 jenkins_koha * chrish: Bug 5327: Patch removes unneeded self=shift from TTParser::unshift_token
10:56 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7432 critical, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Pushed to Master , Changing frameworks should refresh cache
10:56 jenkins_koha * duncan: Added coverage to unit test for TTParser
10:56 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5327 major, P3, ---, sam-sanders, ASSIGNED , Unit tests required for all C4 modules
11:06 kf hm seems we got a translation problem
11:07 magnuse ?
11:07 kf jenkins unstable
11:07 magnuse ah
11:17 hdl joined #koha
11:32 kf_lunch bbiab
11:33 juan_sieira joined #koha
11:34 * magnuse needs a reboot
12:03 Suzzane joined #koha
12:03 Suzzane Hi people
12:03 Suzzane hope most of us are now awake
12:06 Suzzane i need some assistance
12:09 Suzzane kf...Hi :-
12:19 laurence left #koha
12:21 tcohen joined #koha
12:32 paul_p hi Suzzane
12:33 Suzzane hi paul-p
12:33 Suzzane phewx
12:33 Suzzane finally you are here
12:34 Suzzane am in a fix
12:34 Suzzane you have afew?
12:37 tcohen good moooorning #koha
12:42 Suzzane good mooorning tcohen
12:42 Suzzane you should be telling me good evening coz its heading 4pm here
12:42 tcohen ooops
12:42 tcohen good eeeeeevening Suzzane
12:44 Suzzane hahaha
12:44 Suzzane am good tcohen
12:44 Suzzane you might be of helpp....
12:44 tcohen lets see then
12:44 Suzzane am not being able to customize the opac
12:45 tcohen what r u trying to do?
12:45 Suzzane and when we try to search, its giving some error
12:45 tcohen r u touching the templates? or just CSS + JS?
12:45 Suzzane make is have the new arrivals with the book/periodical top page
12:46 Suzzane ops! is this language for programmers or?
12:46 Suzzane i am a librarian
12:46 tcohen oops!
12:46 Suzzane should the costomizing be done by the programmers or librarians can also do it?
12:46 tcohen librarians can do it
12:47 tcohen just need to learn some bits of HTML
12:47 Suzzane really...... with all those commands
12:47 Suzzane HTML....ok
12:47 Suzzane how do i get to learn that?
12:49 Suzzane sorry i lost you but am back
12:49 tcohen mmm, I'm not sure which is the best place to get info on that
12:49 paul_p a question for english natives : is "Export today checkin barcodes" ? Shouldn't it be "Export today checked in barcodes" ?
12:49 tcohen you have a stock koha installed, what would you like to 'customize'?
12:49 Suzzane we have already installed 3.6.2
12:50 Suzzane we have done the configurations
12:50 Suzzane the only part remaining is the appearance part of the OPAC
12:50 Suzzane then we hit the road
12:51 Suzzane pls help
12:52 Suzzane if you can
12:52 tcohen the OPAC should be customized using CSS
12:52 jwagner joined #koha
12:52 tcohen which is a language for arranging and changing things aspect
12:52 Suzzane please elaborate on the meaning of CSS
12:52 Suzzane Ohhh
12:53 tcohen in koha you have a simple way of adding things to the OPAC
12:53 matts joined #koha
12:53 tcohen using HTML inside some preferences
12:54 Suzzane ok
12:54 Suzzane i will try it out
12:54 tcohen but the main look and feel / arrangement should be changed using CSS, puting CSS in other preferences
12:54 Suzzane so while at the OPAC, what happens when you try to such and an error appears?
12:54 tcohen
12:55 tcohen usually you come here or the koha list and let us know exactly what did you do prior to getting the error
12:55 tcohen as detailed as posible
12:56 Suzzane ok
12:56 Suzzane thanks so much tcohen
12:56 Suzzane you have been helpful
12:56 Suzzane i will get back to you
12:56 Suzzane btw, were you are the kohacon 2011?
12:57 collum joined #koha
12:57 tcohen
12:58 tcohen there oleonard usually tries to dig into the details of changing OPAC arrangement and such
12:58 paul_p jenkins should be back to stable in next build...
12:58 tcohen i haven't managed to make my bosses send me to kohacon
12:58 paul_p (tcohen) a question for english natives : is "Export today checkin barcodes" ? Shouldn't it be "Export today checked in barcodes" ?
12:59 Suzzane you will soon
12:59 tcohen i hope so
12:59 Suzzane :-)
12:59 tcohen as spanish native, the second one looks better
12:59 kf paul_p: not a native speaker
12:59 kf but second looks better
12:59 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_5327' <[…]1b26fdb4ff9c04a42> / Revert "Added coverage to unit test for TTParser" <[…]55f3194a09295e185> / Revert "Bug 5327: Patch removes unneeded self=shift from TTParser::unshift_token" <http://git.koha-communit
13:00 kf Export barcodes of today's check-ins?
13:00 paul_p that's my feeling too. Will wait for some US guy to jump in...
13:00 kf good plan :)
13:00 paul_p marcelr++
13:00 paul_p (for QAing the "de nesting C4/Packages" patches)
13:01 tcohen oh, with these senheizer earphones I realize my super-high-quality MP3 are crap
13:02 NateC joined #koha
13:02 jenkins_koha Starting build #627 for job Koha_master (previous build: UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #625 15 h ago)
13:03 Suzzane tcohen you can souve me with them :-)
13:03 Suzzane will pay for shipping...
13:04 tcohen i'm happy with these earphones, its just that i cannot buy a David Gray CD here in Argentina
13:04 kf paul_p++ for fixing jenkins
13:04 tcohen i just got these MP3 *somewhere*
13:05 Suzzane ohhh,
13:05 Suzzane so not the earphones, the problem is the MP3 or the player
13:08 Suzzane tcohen give me your email
13:08 Suzzane pls
13:08 tcohen tomascohen
13:09 tcohen at gmail
13:10 francharb joined #koha
13:10 nengard joined #koha
13:10 JesseM joined #koha
13:12 magnuse paul_p: "Export barcodes of today's check-ins" gets my vote, but not a native speaker, of course
13:12 magnuse nengard will know!
13:13 Suzzane ok tcohen
13:14 hdl joined #koha
13:15 nengard know what?
13:15 paul_p 'morning nengard
13:15 nengard hiya
13:15 paul_p a question for english natives : is "Export today checkin barcodes" ? Shouldn't it be "Export today checked in barcodes" ?
13:15 wahanui i already had it that way, paul_p.
13:15 paul_p (or even Export today's checked in barcodes
13:15 paul_p )
13:15 paul_p and a persistent rumor is that nengard is english-native, so has a valid opinion ;-)
13:16 kf I have heard that rumour too
13:16 * magnuse too
13:16 nengard So we're trying to get a file of the barcodes of items that were checked in today?
13:17 nengard "Export barcodes for today's checkins"
13:17 nengard or if we don't need to mention barcodes  "Export today's checkins"
13:19 oleonard joined #koha
13:22 * kf kf_mtg
13:26 paul_p thx nengard, taht's for a new feature i'll push soon. yes, it's to get a file of the  barcodes of items that were checked in today.
13:31 oleonard paul_p, I liked your idea to put it in the menu
13:32 oleonard ...but I'm still not sure what the feature is for
13:52 oleonard paul_p: FWIW my vote is "Export barcodes of today's checkins"
13:54 paul_p ...but I'm still not sure what the feature is for => sometimes libraries (using Koha) issue books to other libraries (not -yet- using Koha). Once "issued" has checked-in the books to "issuing", they provide a list of barcode, that is used to compare which has been checked-in in Koha and checked-out/removed from the other ILS.
13:55 paul_p in France, each "département" has a library dedicated to issuing books to small libaries. The small libraries don't own any book, they just get them from the "BDP", and renew their collections every 6 months
13:55 oleonard Hm.... Okay. Sounds like a very obscure feature, but it seems to work well :)
13:55 alex_a joined #koha
13:55 paul_p (100 départements in France)
13:55 alex_a hello
13:56 hdl oleonard: in fact, it is for special libraries, a kind of ILL between ILSes but before ILL was written and designed.
13:56 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
13:56 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #627: FIXED in 54 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/627/
13:56 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Revert "Bug 5327: Patch removes unneeded self=shift from TTParser::unshift_token"
13:56 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Revert "Added coverage to unit test for TTParser"
13:56 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5327 major, P3, ---, sam-sanders, ASSIGNED , Unit tests required for all C4 modules
13:58 magnuse \o/
14:02 edveal joined #koha
14:02 ago43 joined #koha
14:03 sophie_m joined #koha
14:05 mveron joined #koha
14:06 mveron hi again to everybody :-)
14:11 wizzyrea joined #koha
14:11 * wizzyrea waves
14:12 * oleonard whacks wizzyrea heartily on the back
14:17 talljoy joined #koha
14:21 schuster joined #koha
14:21 nengard there is a spreadsheet floating around comparing Koha to EG if people want to add in Koha stuff: The spreadsheet currently lives here:[…]pDUmtQbmFScE5xM3c
14:22 schuster schuster is curious about the "new feature" mentioned by paul_p and the export of barcodes checked in...
14:22 paul_p schuster what's the question ?
14:22 oleonard schuster: Bug 6751
14:22 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6751 enhancement, P2, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Link in to export a barcode file
14:23 paul_p (not a lot of details about the use case on bugzilla...)
14:23 wizzyrea thanks?
14:24 paul_p hi wizzyrea & all other ppl from US that wake up !
14:24 paul_p a sunny day in Marseille, but highly windy. as often in winter...
14:24 * oleonard woke up 4 1/2 hours ago :P
14:24 paul_p oleonard wake up on IRC ;-)
14:25 * oleonard would wake up to IRC if his kids didn't demand all kinds of crazy things like food and clothing
14:26 paul_p ;-)
14:26 paul_p oleonard about the weather in march in Marseille :
14:27 paul_p avg min = 7°C, avg max = 15.9°C, avg avg = 11.5°C
14:27 paul_p avg see temp = 15°C
14:28 paul_p an avg of 5 days with more than 1mm of rain
14:28 druthb joined #koha
14:29 paul_p 10.4 days with more than 56km/h of wind
14:29 maximep joined #koha
14:32 talljoy left #koha
14:38 wizzyrea zowie!
14:38 schuster OK thanks not a lot there, just curious what they are going to do with the info...
14:39 schuster nengard - that is quite a list of comparisons...  wonder who "owns" the list...
14:40 wizzyrea lori ayre.
14:40 talljoy joined #koha
14:41 nengard i think it's being used to choose between the two systems, i don't think it's the right way to go personally, I'm more a try it and see kind of person
14:41 wizzyrea it's based on the evergreen feature list and thus highly biased towards things evergreen has. Or at least it was the last time I looked at it.
14:41 nengard it does seem that way
14:41 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6875 de-nesting <[…]ab76e584c4cd4c59d> / Bug 6875 de-nesting C4::VirtualShelves <[…]e2647aad15683a2b9> / Bug 6875 de-nesting C4::Heading <[…]fb5bd7d4d0d887f24> /
14:43 schuster Ah thanks for the clarifications.  It's always interesting to look at the list and go hmmm I wonder how Koha does that...  I was looking at the Authority Control items...
14:45 wizzyrea i'm sure jcamins has some patches you could help test to improve that area
14:47 jenkins_koha Starting build #628 for job Koha_master (previous build: FIXED)
14:49 mveron I need advice regarding upgrade and language handling on debian squeeze, apt-get update, then apt-get upgrade, koha-version is now
14:49 mveron I think I need an additonal step to update the languages (German, French). I found following link, but nothing about upgrade there:
14:49 mveron[…]ANET_staff_client
14:50 schuster wizzyrea - I'm working to get there!
15:22 kf mveron: did you installl koha using the koha-common pacakges?
15:22 kf 3.06.02 is not the current version - current is
15:22 kf with one dot less...
15:24 druthb left #koha
15:25 mveron kf: Yes, koha-common
15:25 wahanui koha-common is the one you want, the main koha one needs a bit more work (its for setting up a single instance)
15:26 kf mveron: I am not sure about languages with the packages :(
15:26 kf who did install the language in the first place?
15:27 kf and I think there might be another command to do the update, did you get through the webinstaller?
15:29 mveron No, I just did apt-get update and the apt-get upgrade (as root) and then got version (Oh, I mistaked with the number, not ...02)
15:30 mveron kf: Checked the .po file, the strings seem to be translated.
15:30 kf hm
15:31 kf perhaps there is no package for 3.6.3 yet
15:31 kf I should really spend some time on the packages :(
15:31 kf to understand how things owrk using them
15:33 oleonard Was there really a message on the Koha list saying no KUDOS 2012?
15:33 * oleonard doesn't remember that
15:33 kf me neither
15:35 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #628: SUCCESS in 47 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/628/
15:35 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 6875 de-nesting
15:35 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 6875 cleaning
15:35 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 6875 cleaning
15:35 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 6875 de-nesting C4/Serials
15:35 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6875 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Needs Signoff , de-nesting C4 packages
15:35 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 6875 de-nesting C4::Heading
15:35 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 6875 de-nesting C4::VirtualShelves
15:35 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 6875 de-nesting
15:38 * jcamins_away does indeed! What area?
15:38 jcamins Authorities?
15:38 wahanui Authorities are working fine.
15:38 jcamins Excellent!
15:38 jcamins wahanui: that's a lie.
15:38 wahanui jcamins: what?
15:39 jcamins schuster: yes indeed, bug 7284 is worth a look.
15:39 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7284 major, P3, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Authority matching algorithm improvements
15:39 mveron kf: Just to be sure, was apt-get update and apt-get-upgrade the righ thing to do? Should that handle languages automatically?
15:51 jcamins I'm going to have to rebase 7284 now that the C4-decycling has been pushed.
15:53 wizzyrea kf tanslations w packages are the same as normal
15:53 kf wizzyrea: ok
15:53 kf I was not sure
15:57 kyle_ joined #koha
15:58 kyle_ joined #koha
16:01 nengard left #koha
16:02 kf bye all
16:02 kf left #koha
16:05 reiveune bye
16:05 reiveune left #koha
16:06 mveron kf / wizzyrea: Do I have to run a script in share/misc/translator?
16:07 jcamins mveron: I think you just do `translate update de-DE` but I'm not sure.
16:08 melia joined #koha
16:14 wizzyrea ^^ should suffice
16:17 mveron jcamins: translate aborts on line 23 (says Compilation failed in require at line 25). Line 25 is: use LangInstaller;
16:17 jcamins mveron: I have no idea what to make of that. I don't generally use translations.
16:17 jcamins If I had to guess, I'd say you don't have PERL5LIB and KOHA_CONF set properly.
16:18 wizzyrea ^^
16:20 mveron jcamins: Thanks, will try to find out.
16:34 matts joined #koha
16:39 wizzyrea had anyone noticed that editing other libraries patrons is possible w indybranches?
16:40 wizzyrea seems it shouldnt be possible
16:40 jcamins wizzyrea: I had not, but are you logged in as superlibrarian?
16:40 wizzyrea ohh derp
16:40 wizzyrea yes
16:41 wizzyrea ty
16:41 jcamins superlibrarians aren't affected by indybranches.
16:41 wizzyrea < has the dumb
16:41 jcamins You're welcome.
16:46 sophie_m left #koha
16:51 matts_ joined #koha
16:52 jcamins I think I made a mistake leaving the "Add me to CC list" box checked.
16:53 * jcamins adds a filter to his mail so that all the bug messages don't end up in his Inbox.
16:54 cait joined #koha
16:54 jcamins Hi cait.
16:55 cait hi jcamins :)
16:55 cait hi #koha
16:57 jcamins paul_p: around?
16:58 paul_p around. Or aquare, not sure :D
16:58 jcamins :)
16:58 paul_p s/aquare/asquare/
16:58 jcamins paul_p: I was going to suggest we push 3264 anyway, but I forgot to say that on the bug report.
16:59 jcamins I tested that patch quite thoroughly on a half dozen browsers.
16:59 jcamins If confirming that it doesn't break anything is what we're looking for now, you have my sign off. :)
16:59 cait lol
16:59 cait paul_p: I like your comments :)
17:00 paul_p jcamins you add that to the bug & i'll push it ?
17:00 jcamins Will do.
17:00 paul_p cait which one ? all, in general or a specific one ?
17:00 cait not the one that requires me to test agian, but 5875 :)
17:00 paul_p jcamins you're doing a *lot* of work on bugzilla those days. Can we hope it will last for a long time ?
17:00 cait paul_p: he had a cold, he will be back to normal soon ;)
17:01 * cait hides
17:02 jcamins lol
17:02 jcamins paul_p: cait's correct, I fear.
17:02 paul_p really. /me will pray for more snow, wind & cold where you leave then :D
17:03 paul_p inbox downed to 49 !
17:03 jcamins lol
17:03 cait paul_p: that's not nice... but I can understand it :)
17:03 * cait sends jcamins chocolate
17:03 cait my deadline is march 7th to finish the distance study courses... hopefully getting more testing done then :(
17:06 jcamins paul_p: Signed off.
17:07 paul_p cait why :( :) would be better !
17:07 jcamins paul_p: if I'm able, I hope to continue being more active with bugzilla. I'd like to cut down a bit on our backlog.
17:07 jcamins The script that automatically marks patches "Does not apply" will be very helpful, I think.
17:08 cait because it's a long time to march but perhaps not enough time to finish the accounting thing
17:08 cait and testing koha is more fun :)
17:08 cait time to cook some dinner
17:09 jcamins paul_p: there's a patch attached to 7177 that still applies.
17:12 jcamins The branch on git does not.
17:13 gaetan_B bye !
17:25 luisb joined #koha
17:29 nengard joined #koha
17:29 paul_p jcamins about the patch still applying, I don't see why I should push it. What does it add ? I think this small 5 lines script should not be included into Koha (or in a specific misc/devel/ directory)
17:29 prometheus-rising joined #koha
17:30 paul_p guys, it's 6:30 here, time for me to go back home !
17:30 cait have a nice evening paul_p
17:30 paul_p I don't think i'll push more patches today.
17:32 prometheus-rising Hi all. I have bibliographies and items coming from Follett to Koha. Using MarcEdit, I now have a mrk file.  I know I must get data from 852 to 952. When I import none of the call numbers are imported. I get bibs and items just fine.
17:32 jcamins paul_p: I don't think it should be pushed, I just think it needs sign off or to be failed.
17:33 jcamins My personal feeling is that it should be obsoleted, as it is applicable only to his test database.
17:33 prometheus-rising I'm not a LS major, just a sysadmin trying to understand MARC.
17:33 paul_p jcamins agreed with that.
17:33 cait you have the item information in 852 currently? instead of 952=
17:33 cait ?
17:33 cait items?
17:33 wahanui items are attached to biblios, yes
17:33 prometheus-rising I moved it to 952
17:33 cait ah ok
17:34 cait you will need at least: $a $b with your branchcode
17:34 cait and $y with your barcodes
17:34 prometheus-rising But the call numbers aren't coming in
17:34 cait $p with callnumber?
17:34 cait where did you store the callnumbers?
17:34 prometheus-rising Looking . . .
17:35 prometheus-rising Looks like Follett keeps them in =082
17:35 cait ah, you don#t have callnumbers in your items?
17:35 prometheus-rising cait, correct
17:35 cait if you want them ot show on the items, you should copy them to $p I think
17:36 cait you can have callnumbers at bilbiographic level, but koha will only show them in cataloging
17:36 prometheus-rising Ah, $p is a subfield of 952?
17:36 cait yes
17:36 cait there was good documentation somewhere about tiems
17:36 prometheus-rising That should be easy enough using MarcEdit
17:36 cait item information?
17:36 wahanui hmmm... item information is interesting
17:36 cait wahanui be more helpful!
17:36 wahanui cait: huh?
17:36 cait prometheus-rising: wahanui is our bot... trying to get him to give me the link I am looking for
17:36 cait 952?
17:37 cait items?
17:37 wahanui items are attached to biblios, yes
17:37 jcamins wahanui: forget items
17:37 wahanui jcamins: I forgot items
17:37 cait[…]_fields_%289xx%29
17:37 jcamins 952 is the field used for items in Koha. See[…]_fields_%289xx%29
17:37 cait uhoh
17:37 jcamins 952?
17:37 wahanui it has been said that 952 is the field used for items in Koha. See[…]_fields_%289xx%29
17:37 prometheus-rising cait: cheers
17:37 cait prometheus-rising: I was wrong
17:37 cait $o
17:37 cait I am sorry
17:37 cait $p is barcode, $o is callnumber
17:38 prometheus-rising Gotcha
17:38 prometheus-rising Cheers, I'm so close.
17:38 cait I think if the callnumber is the only problem - you are very close!
17:38 jcamins Shelving books on very high shelves would be much easier if I were not terribly afraid of heights.
17:39 prometheus-rising Yep, all the other data looks good.  No patrons to import on this project.
17:41 jcamins Maybe standing on a chair would be less unnerving.
17:42 cait mayve
17:42 cait maybe
17:43 oleonard You need one of these jcamins http://nibsblog.files.wordpres[…]rary-ladder-1.jpg
17:43 jcamins oleonard: I have one of those.
17:43 jcamins Well, one of the 19th century folding ones.
17:44 oleonard Then you're shelving in style. What do you need a chair for?
17:46 jcamins Making me feel more like I'm standing on the floor and less like I'm standing on a ladder built before my great-great grandparents were born? :P
17:47 prometheus-rising left #koha
17:58 oleonard Your death would be nothing if no poetic jcamins
17:58 jcamins lol
18:00 luisb joined #koha
18:05 cait oleonard++ :)
18:06 mveron jcamins / wizzyrea: Thanks a lot. I had to set the PERL5LIB and KOHA_CONF manually, now update runs through with 'perl translate update de-DE'.
18:07 mveron Have to leave now, going to the theatre. By everybody
18:15 jcamins Lunch time!
18:34 edveal left #koha
18:37 * jcamins wonders if anyone on #koha can explain the use of feather dusters.
18:37 jcamins All they do is distribute dust over a wider area.
18:38 oleonard Theoretically a significant percentage of the dust falls to the floor where it can be properly picked up.
18:38 jcamins There's still just as much dust in this room as there was before I dusted the shelf, but now it's on my head instead of the shelf.
18:38 jcamins oleonard: hm. I don't buy it.
18:40 jcamins It's a good theory, though.
18:42 rangi Morning
18:45 jcamins Morning.
18:47 cait morning rangi
18:48 Johnindy joined #koha
18:51 aarkerio joined #koha
19:00 rangi @wunder nzwn
19:00 huginn` rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 14.0°C (7:00 AM NZDT on February 16, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 72%. Dew Point: 9.0°C. Pressure: 30.15 in 1021 hPa (Steady).
19:01 cait @wunder Konstanz
19:01 huginn` cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 1.3°C (7:59 PM CET on February 15, 2012). Conditions: Light Drizzle. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 0.0°C. Windchill: -1.0°C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1017.8 hPa (Steady).
19:01 cait 14 is a bit disappointing
19:01 rangi It's more like 17
19:02 rangi No clouds
19:02 rangi My stop bbiab
19:02 wizzyrea joined #koha
19:03 hankbank joined #koha
19:12 rangi back
19:16 hdl joined #koha
19:18 kyle_ joined #koha
19:25 * magnuse waves
19:25 rangi hi magnuse
19:25 hdl joined #koha
19:25 cait heya magnuse
19:25 cait hi hdl
19:25 magnuse kia ora rangi cait hdl
19:25 hdl hi
19:25 wahanui hi, hdl
19:26 magnuse @wunder boo
19:26 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is -4.0°C (7:50 PM CET on February 15, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 69%. Dew Point: -9.0°C. Windchill: -11.0°C. Pressure: 29.65 in 1004 hPa (Steady).
19:26 cait hah
19:26 cait finally
19:26 cait @wunder Konstanz
19:26 huginn` cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 1.3°C (8:24 PM CET on February 15, 2012). Conditions: Light Drizzle. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 0.0°C. Windchill: -1.0°C. Pressure: 30.07 in 1018.2 hPa (Rising).
19:26 magnuse hehe
19:27 magnuse back to normal... ;-)
19:29 oleonard I just had a library call to ask me how I did my OPAC's ebook links ([…]ort_by=relevance)
19:30 oleonard I had to tell them sorry, you can't because you're on on real Koha :(
19:30 jcamins oleonard: you're not on real Koha?
19:30 oleonard sorry, "you can't because you're /not/ on real Koha"
19:30 jcamins Ah.
19:31 jcamins I like that.
19:31 jcamins You should put it on the wiki.
19:31 magnuse yay, those links sure are prominent :-)
19:32 pastebot "nengard" at pasted "I get this error if I try to edit items on master (I just did a pull today) - ideas??" (3 lines) at
19:32 rangi done a git blame to find the commit that introduced those lines?
19:33 jcamins oleonard: did you use a border image or just border-radius?
19:33 oleonard cait++ # For Bug 6901 which made that customization possible
19:33 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6901 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, katrin.fischer, RESOLVED FIXED, Add CSS classes/ids to OPAC and staff XSLT views
19:33 oleonard jcamins: border-radius
19:33 jcamins cait++
19:33 cait oh
19:33 cait thx :)
19:36 rangi nengard: it will be one of hte de-nesting patches
19:37 oleonard Oh no, line 485 git-blames me!
19:37 nengard k - well i should add a note that it breaks things :) do you know a bug number
19:37 * oleonard hides
19:37 rangi oleonard: that was pushed ages ago
19:37 smeagol joined #koha
19:37 nengard rangi - I've never done git blame at all :)
19:37 rangi so someone has changed it so that value is no longer passed in
19:39 rangi yep
19:39 wizzyrea ohhhh
19:39 * wizzyrea steals that for nexpress
19:40 cait wizzyrea: stealing... tss... borrowing ;)
19:40 magnuse nengard: it's fun: "git blame -L <linenumber> <path to file>" ;-)
19:40 wizzyrea paying homage to owen with complimentary appropriation of his features
19:40 nengard but how do i know the line number and path to file?
19:40 cait I think you can give a few lines too
19:40 cait start line,end line
19:40 magnuse nengard: it's in the error message! ;-)
19:41 magnuse cait: true
19:41 nengard well silly me
19:41 nengard guess i should look there :) hehe
19:41 magnuse it's too simple to be true ;-)
19:41 nengard did anyone else fine the patch that did it? so I can reverse it? or should i try git blame?
19:42 magnuse hm, what's the correct procedure for fixing a syntax error in a .po file in master? bug & patch?
19:42 collsk12 joined #koha
19:43 wizzyrea nengard that's going to be the one that de-nests C4
19:43 rangi magnuse: fix it on pootle
19:43 rangi nengard: add a use C4::Search;
19:43 rangi to
19:43 rangi then test that, and if it works send a patch
19:43 cait what rangi said - upload the file with the correction?
19:44 magnuse hmm, this is master, not 3.6.x though?
19:44 wizzyrea[…]547032d47d79cfa0f this one maybe
19:44 nengard rangi, where in do i put that?
19:44 nengard got to find the file
19:44 nengard just got my computer back today
19:44 nengard getting sorted
19:44 rangi take a look, you'll figure it out
19:44 rangi :)
19:45 collsk12 joined #koha
19:45 wizzyrea also I just confirmed that bug
19:46 wizzyrea better hurry nengard or I'll beat you to it ;)
19:46 nengard rangi that fixed it
19:46 nengard so you want me to submit a patch?
19:47 nengard do we have a bug report? if not i'll do a bug, a patch and let wizzyrea sign off :)
19:47 rangi do a bug, link it to bug 6875
19:47 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6875 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Needs Signoff , de-nesting C4 packages
19:47 rangi because changes on there broke it
19:47 rangi and may have broken other things also
19:48 oleonard Thanks to cait's SQL help I've made progress on the tag cloud:
19:48 cait woohoo :)
19:49 oleonard That shows a different color for my tags versus other people's tags
19:49 rangi cool
19:49 wizzyrea noice!
19:49 cait happy I could help!
19:49 oleonard Not a very accessible solution, though, so I'm thinking about other ways to show the difference
19:51 nengard bug 7545 submitted and ready for sign off wizzyrea
19:51 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7545 blocker, P5 - low, ---, nengard, Needs Signoff , can't edit items
19:51 wizzyrea k sec
19:53 wizzyrea oleonard did I ever tell you how much appreciate the place hold, edit items links from the staff client results page.
19:53 wizzyrea that is so awesome.
19:53 oleonard Thanks! Laziness is the mother of invention.
19:55 rangi
19:56 magnuse hehe, crazy finns ;-)
19:56 rangi yup :)
19:57 magnuse thats mace - he's the coolest librarian in all of the nordic countries
19:57 wizzyrea ^^ i agre
19:57 wizzyrea agree
19:57 magnuse one of the organizers of "cycling for libraries"
19:57 wizzyrea with all of those sentiments. Mace is awesome and also that is a funny photo.
20:00 wizzyrea @later tell paul_p bug 7545 is a big deal, fixes a problem caused by the de-nesting effort
20:00 huginn` wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.
20:12 Space_Librarian joined #koha
20:13 Space_Librarian o/
20:14 wizzyrea heya
20:15 jcamins Wow.
20:15 * jcamins just turned on nickcolor.
20:15 jcamins Kind of psychadelic.
20:15 Space_Librarian hey :)
20:15 jcamins And, hi.
20:15 rangi ahh wizzyrea found another
20:15 Space_Librarian nickcolor?
20:15 rangi hi Space_Librarian
20:15 Space_Librarian hi rangi :)
20:15 jcamins Space_Librarian: for irssi. It gives each nick a different color.
20:16 Space_Librarian rangi you're still awesome. jcamins, I need to find this platform. Sounds interesting.
20:17 jcamins Space_Librarian: rangi will laugh at you if you use irssi. He says that irssi is last century.
20:17 jcamins Hmmm... I think two of the de-cycling patches must have an interaction.
20:17 jcamins I tested creating, editing, and receiving serials with the C4::Serials patch.
20:18 Space_Librarian hey, I'm on a mibbit web platform. I'm sure last century is an upgrade.
20:18 Space_Librarian :p
20:18 rangi i will?
20:18 cait I like pidgin
20:18 * rangi uses irssi
20:18 rangi with bip
20:19 wizzyrea i think it's auth that did it
20:19 * Space_Librarian misses her linuxbox
20:19 wizzyrea jcamins
20:19 rangi wizzyrea: hmm yeah you are probably right
20:19 jcamins rangi: oh, I guess it wasn't you who made fun of me for using irssi.
20:20 wizzyrea common between the 2 :P
20:20 rangi eythian uses it too and cjh
20:20 Space_Librarian lol
20:21 wizzyrea rangi - is that the best way to go about fixing those? add them to the files where they are needed/
20:21 wizzyrea or is there a better way
20:21 rangi you might want to do a
20:21 cait rangi: do we want to use qw/... / after the uses?
20:21 rangi use C4::Search qw/the string/; # this is needed for blah
20:22 cait ah
20:22 cait that answers my question :)
20:22 wizzyrea gotcha
20:24 janPasi irssi is fine ;)
20:24 janPasi pidgin doesn't run very well in screen
20:24 jcamins janPasi: lol.
20:25 rangi janPasi: you've seen bip eh?
20:25 janPasi nope?
20:25 chris_n bip++
20:25 janPasi oh, yeah
20:25 janPasi somekind of proxy
20:25 janPasi too much trouble
20:25 janPasi screen+irssi is much more simple
20:26 janPasi and then i'd need a separate client for all my devices and computers
20:26 janPasi can't be bothered ;)
20:27 rangi nope i still run it in screen, but means i can connect to bip from machines that block ssh access, or my phone etc
20:27 rangi so you dont have to use a diff one for every machine, but it means you can
20:27 janPasi oh, ok
20:28 janPasi well i don't use any machines that block ssh
20:28 rangi i have to sometimes
20:28 rangi like airports
20:28 janPasi fair enough ;)
20:28 oleonard[…]z-koha-trademark/
20:29 chris_n turkeys
20:29 cait ?
20:30 chris_n see oleonard's link
20:30 wizzyrea on to the courts then eh
20:30 cait I read it
20:30 Space_Librarian *headdesk*
20:31 cait but I don't know what turkeys have to do with it?
20:31 chris_n cait: sorry, its a colloquialism
20:31 Space_Librarian means idiots
20:31 Space_Librarian (politely)
20:31 cait collo...?
20:31 chris_n ^^
20:31 chris_n oops
20:31 cait thx Space_Librarian
20:31 chris_n :)
20:31 cait I had a long day :P
20:31 Space_Librarian np
20:32 Space_Librarian :)
20:32 chris_n cait:
20:32 chris_n third entry down
20:32 cait aah
20:32 cait I remember it now, thank you
20:34 * chris_n hands cait some chocolate mints
20:34 cait mmh chocolate
20:34 cait :)
20:34 cait that's vocabulary I could never forget
20:34 rangi hehe
20:53 talljoy i smelled chocolate....
20:53 talljoy that's my second food after data.
20:55 cait :)
20:55 * cait hands talljoy some of her chocolate mints
20:55 talljoy nom nom nom
20:55 talljoy thanks cait!
21:03 cait good night #koha
21:04 cait left #koha
21:17 nengard left #koha
21:17 wizzyrea nengard: re bug 7544 - it doesn't search the mobile phone number
21:17 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7544 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Signed Off , Add ability search borrowers only on email / phone
21:17 wizzyrea and I think it should
21:18 * wizzyrea would put it as fail qa for that
21:20 rangi coffee time
21:23 oleonard Quittin' time.
21:24 * oleonard will return to the [tag] cloud tomorrow...
21:27 Space_Librarian Dear Koha peeps - I love you to bits and pieces. Riddle me this: Can I set a holds rule to default to a 10 day lending period when more than 5 holds are placed on a record? (Current rule is 21 days, regardless for number of holds))
21:27 mbalmer joined #koha
21:27 Irma joined #koha
21:27 * Space_Librarian is completely changing library processes for the good of all in her library
21:27 cjh heh
21:28 rangi Space_Librarian: not that im aware of you cant
21:28 rangi but
21:28 rangi with the holds ratio report
21:28 rangi you could get a list of all those with a high ratio of holds
21:29 rangi and use batch item modification to switch them all to an itemtype that only allows 10 day issues
21:29 rangi as a workaround
21:29 rangi its possible that could even be cronned, so run automagically each night
21:30 rangi switching htem back, when the fall back under the threshold .. would need dev work tho
21:34 edveal joined #koha
21:34 jcamins rangi: I don't see why.
21:34 jcamins It's just the same query.
21:34 rangi no the cron job would
21:34 jcamins Oh.
21:34 rangi you'd have to remember what they came from for one
21:34 * eythian doesn't use irrsi, he uses xchat.
21:34 rangi so you could put them back
21:34 Soupermanito joined #koha
21:35 jcamins rangi: right.
21:35 jcamins rangi: unless you had matching pairs of itemtypes.
21:35 rangi *nod*
21:39 magnuse g'night #koha
21:41 mtj hmmm, i have a stupid dns problem, specific to telstra-nz
21:41 mtj ... anyone else in nz using telstra-nz now-ish?
21:43 mtj 'dig' doesnt seem to work for me :/
21:44 jcamins mtj: time for OpenDNS?
21:44 rangi works for me
21:44 rangi dig @
21:45 rangi (thats one of tcl's dns servers)
21:45 rangi gets me back an answer
21:47 eythian mtj: tcl often has dumb dns issues.
21:47 eythian and I've seen that particular one somewhat regularly
21:48 mtj hmm, looks like tcl powered off their old dns box ''
21:48 mtj but thanks guys.... the new dns ip works fine for me :)
21:52 jcamins patch_for_bug_7284++
21:52 Space_Librarian hmmm... I'm going to have a tinker. Thanks guys!
21:53 mtj meh, is up, yet is down
21:54 jcamins Okay, time to call it a day.
21:54 jcamins Good night, #koha.
21:54 rangi cya jcamins_away
21:54 eythian <-- mtj, can't be the case, their status is saying clearnet is all good!
21:55 eythian they wouldn't lie!
21:55 rangi oh
21:55 rangi[…]/mix-1-2-albanian
21:55 rangi check it out
21:55 rangi and kick soile a few bucks if you can spare some
21:57 rangi (liw's fiance for those that don't know)
21:59 luisb joined #koha
22:12 maximep left #koha
22:20 * liw blushes
22:20 mtj rangi: ooh, very interesting indeed
22:21 mtj i'll chip in $25 bux for soile and liw
22:22 liw mjt, ooh, thank you very much
22:22 mtj (will have to be later tonight tho... i need to check my visa card details)
22:23 mtj ha, no thank *you* liw :p
22:31 Judit joined #koha
22:34 Judit hi
22:34 rangi hi Judit
22:36 eythian hello Judit
22:37 JesseM left #koha
22:47 moo joined #koha
22:48 Space_Librarian hey Judit
22:48 Judit u
22:48 Judit give me a sec
22:48 mtj yo Judit !
22:48 Judit i have something for you
22:48 * Space_Librarian is now quad-shot caffeinated.
22:49 mtj Space_Librarian: woah, thats seriously impressive :)
22:50 Space_Librarian quad shot ristretto. seriously good stuff
22:50 Space_Librarian makes for one helluva caffeine low though...
22:50 BobB hi team koha
22:53 mtj heya BobB
22:53 BobB hi mason
22:53 Space_Librarian hey BobB!
22:55 BobB Hi Space_Librarian nice to 'see' you!
22:56 Space_Librarian lovely to 'see' you too. :)
22:58 Judit so kintta! for you:[…]ey-hey_page_1.jpg
22:58 Space_Librarian Judit: I <3 it! That's just awesome
22:59 Judit check out the whole website
23:05 kathryn joined #koha
23:06 melia left #koha
23:28 librarygeekadam joined #koha
23:28 librarygeekadam good day
23:28 librarygeekadam I was wondering if anyone knew of a good site that walks you through linking VuFind with Koha?
23:29 rangi not that ive seen
23:30 librarygeekadam do you know where i can get the driver file for koha (koha.php)
23:30 rangi probably best to ask on the vufind site/mailing list etc
23:31 librarygeekadam ok i will do that
23:31 librarygeekadam thanks for the help...have a good day

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary