IRC log for #koha, 2012-02-12

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:09 sphinx left #koha
00:09 sphinx joined #koha
00:59 Waylon joined #koha
01:00 Waylon hiya all! question.... koha is set up to use a local sendmail server... but my server admin thinks the ideal is to get koha to use our mail service provided by googlemail... how do i do that?
01:01 Waylon how do i get koha sending mail via a remote smtp?
01:07 wizzyrea left #koha
02:01 eythian Waylon: the best way is to make the local sendmail server relay via your google mail service
02:03 Waylon eythian, how do i do that?
02:03 eythian that depends, are you actually using sendmail (or are you using postfix or exim or something?)
02:06 Waylon postfix and dovecot are running... im guessing postfix.
02:08 eythian yeah, postfix
02:08 eythian I'll look up the config details
02:09 eythian <-- Waylon
02:10 eythian "postfix smarthost relay gmail" are the search terms I used in case you need more info
02:15 Waylon great... my boss is now looking at using Open Journal Systems instead of koha,
02:15 Waylon great, being sarcasm of course.
02:17 Waylon ah ... damn.. its in php.
02:19 eythian Keep in mind that research has shown that PHP causes brain tumors in rats and PHP developers.
02:20 eythian it looks to me that OJS does a different task to Koha
02:25 Waylon yeah.. is a digital library archive of journals.
02:25 eythian ah right
02:26 Waylon so.... instead of upgrading koha and re-modifying it, i think they might go to this and modify that instead...
02:26 Waylon will mean i won't have any work.
02:26 eythian bugger :/
02:27 Waylon Yeah.. will have to advertise for part time work on Koha. At least ill probably be working on current koha... if someone picks me up.
02:27 eythian Waylon: where are you based?
02:28 Waylon working on ancient koha... was difficult. #koha couldn't really help much... and yeah... Im in New Zealand.
02:28 Waylon Palmerston north.
02:30 eythian ah right. Can't think of many Koha libraries around that way unfortunately.
02:30 Waylon oh... can work remotely.
02:30 Waylon anyway.. PHP... that bad?
02:31 eythian I'm not a fan. I've had to use it before, and much prefer Perl.
02:32 eythian I find it strange that the function to give you the list of what a borrower has borrowers is called GetPendingIssues...there doesn't seem to be anything pending about them.
02:34 Waylon can koha organize journals into journals, volumes, issues then articles?
02:34 Waylon how?
02:34 eythian Waylon: yeah, I think that's what analytics does
02:34 eythian I'd ask jcamins_away about that, he knows the most.
02:35 Waylon right now, each article is its own biblio record.
02:35 Waylon so can't really browse along the journals like OJS says it can do.
02:35 eythian I think it's only really doable in 3.4 and above, 3.6 preferred.
02:36 Waylon but it is doable?
02:36 eythian I think so, yeah
02:36 eythian I'm not really an expert in it
02:38 Waylon right. but jcamins_away is away... so guess i have to wait.
02:44 wizzyrea joined #koha
02:44 Waylon hello wizzyrea ?
03:26 jcamins_away One moment.
03:27 * jcamins_away is here.
03:28 jcamins_away Waylon: OJS and Koha serve *completely* different purposes.
03:28 jcamins_away If Koha is mostly meeting their needs, OJS is very unlikely to.
03:28 jcamins_away Likewise, if they're switching to a publishing model, Koha is probably the wrong package.
03:29 * eythian just had a lot of trouble realising that Date::ICal and Data::ICal are actually two quite different things.
03:30 jcamins_away eythian: what's the difference?
03:30 jcamins_away Oh, never mind.
03:30 eythian yeah, that was my problem :)
03:32 * jcamins_away is trying to think of a use case where OJS and Koha might overlap.
03:34 * jcamins_away can't do it.
03:34 jcamins_away Waylon: around?
03:35 * jcamins_away eyes the pull-out couch sleepily.
03:40 jcamins_away Waylon: even with 3.6 there is no browse functionality with analytics. Or with anything else, really.
03:43 * jcamins_away is going to sleep.
03:43 jcamins_away Good night.
03:44 jcamins_away Waylon: with DOM indexing one could conceivably add analytics browsing. ByWater and Equinox are involved in a DOM indexing project, so hopefully we'll see a start on that sometime soon.
03:44 * jcamins_away really leaves now.
04:05 wizzyrea oh hi?
04:05 * wahanui waves
05:13 luisb joined #koha
05:25 luisb left #koha
05:28 luisb joined #koha
05:45 wizzyrea left #koha
06:30 cait joined #koha
06:31 cait good morning #koha
07:12 luisb left #koha
07:42 mbalmer joined #koha
07:42 mbalmer left #koha
07:43 mbalmer joined #koha
07:44 mbalmer left #koha
07:45 mbalmer joined #koha
07:46 cait morgen mbalmer
07:47 mbalmer hi cait!
08:59 luisb joined #koha
09:17 stuartyeates left #koha
09:47 sphinx left #koha
10:09 Viktor-sweden joined #koha
10:10 luisb left #koha
10:13 Viktor-sweden Hi! If anyone is still on the computer :)
10:15 tfaile left #koha
10:15 huginn` left #koha
10:15 davi left #koha
10:15 rangi left #koha
10:15 wahanui left #koha
10:15 chris_n left #koha
10:15 Callender left #koha
10:15 magnus_afk left #koha
10:15 gmcharlt left #koha
10:15 thd-away` left #koha
10:15 jcamins_away left #koha
10:15 cjh left #koha
10:15 bshum left #koha
10:15 bag left #koha
10:15 pastebot left #koha
10:15 mle left #koha
10:15 cait left #koha
10:15 Viktor-sweden left #koha
10:15 fredericd left #koha
10:15 dpavlin_ left #koha
10:15 liw left #koha
10:15 jenkins_koha left #koha
10:15 mbalmer left #koha
10:15 clrh left #koha
10:15 slef left #koha
10:15 Guest2198 left #koha
10:15 phasefx_ left #koha
10:15 sijobl left #koha
10:16 Viktor-sweden joined #koha
10:16 mbalmer joined #koha
10:16 cait joined #koha
10:16 thd-away` joined #koha
10:16 jcamins_away joined #koha
10:16 wahanui joined #koha
10:16 chris_n joined #koha
10:16 cjh joined #koha
10:16 slef joined #koha
10:16 jenkins_koha joined #koha
10:16 fredericd joined #koha
10:16 dpavlin_ joined #koha
10:16 clrh joined #koha
10:16 liw joined #koha
10:16 Guest2198 joined #koha
10:16 Callender joined #koha
10:16 bshum joined #koha
10:16 magnus_afk joined #koha
10:16 tfaile joined #koha
10:16 gmcharlt joined #koha
10:16 huginn` joined #koha
10:16 rangi joined #koha
10:16 davi joined #koha
10:16 phasefx_ joined #koha
10:16 pastebot joined #koha
10:16 mle joined #koha
10:16 bag joined #koha
10:16 sijobl joined #koha
10:20 Viktor-sweden Some kind of API for sending order data to vendors?
10:23 Viktor-sweden Or is it possible to extract data like ISBN, quantity etc from the acquisitions module from Koha and use in a vendor-specific standalone script?
10:45 cait Viktor-sweden: Hi Viktor-sweden
10:46 cait you can print orders as PDF, currently there is no EDIFACT support - if you meant that by API
10:46 cait you can extract all data from all modules using custom reports and sql
11:03 sheikh303 joined #koha
11:03 sheikh303 hello everyone
11:05 sheikh303 can anyone tell me. how can i create a simple page contact us/about us page
11:40 magnus_afk tj�nare Viktor-sweden and cait and #koha!
11:41 cait hi magnus_afk
11:41 magnus_afk sheikh303:
11:41 magnus_afk is now known as magnuse
11:55 magnuse @wunder boo
11:55 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 2.0�C (12:20 PM CET on February 12, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 75%. Dew Point: -2.0�C. Windchill: -3.0�C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Steady).
11:55 cait @wunder Konstanz
11:55 huginn` cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is -8.8�C (12:54 PM CET on February 12, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 69%. Dew Point: -13.0�C. Windchill: -12.0�C. Pressure: 30.44 in 1030.7 hPa (Falling).
11:56 cait hmpf.
11:56 magnuse ~10 degrees difference...
11:56 cait yeah
11:56 cait moving to norway wins points every day...
11:57 Viktor-sweden Thanks Cait!
11:57 cait Viktor-sweden: I forgot, you can also export ordres in csv
11:58 Viktor-sweden Ah, excellent!
11:58 cait and you are welcome
11:58 cait :)
11:58 Viktor-sweden Sorry it took so long. Went out for lunch and forgot to mention it :/
11:58 cait it's ok - np
11:59 Viktor-sweden But CSV should be very useful.
11:59 cait my answer came a bit late, was not sure you were still around
11:59 cait you can also get csv from reports, I think there are lots of ways to get the data out
11:59 Viktor-sweden If we would go ahead and create something that post an order to a webshop.
12:00 magnuse yeah, exporting reports as csv is very flexible!
12:00 Viktor-sweden Still EDIFACT or some standard XML-based protocol would be great if someone were to implement. But I'd say Koha is still very competent on acquisitions anyhow.
12:01 Viktor-sweden And hi magnuse :)
12:01 magnuse tj�nare Viktor-sweden
12:01 magnuse :-)
12:02 Viktor-sweden And hi huginn'
12:02 cait ah, be warned
12:02 cait huginn is our bot :)
12:02 cait or one of them - wahanui is the other
12:02 cait @marc 245
12:02 huginn` cait: The title and statement of responsibility area of the bibliographic description of a work. [a,b,c,f,g,h,k,n,p,s,6,8]
12:03 Viktor-sweden Oh I see :) Only knew about logbot.
12:03 cait There is some code for EDIFACT - but I think it's still in development
12:03 cait not ready for testing yet
12:03 magnuse Viktor-sweden: there's bug 2443 - but i'm far from certain what the status of that is
12:03 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2443 enhancement, P3, ---, mjr, NEW , Acquisitions by EDIFACT
12:03 magnuse ah, great minds... ;-)
12:04 Waylon hello all!
12:04 magnuse kia ora Waylon
12:04 Waylon can koha organize journals into journals, volumes, issues then articles, to be browsable?
12:05 magnuse Viktor-sweden: slef would be the one who would know about edifact, but he's probably not around now
12:06 cait Waylon: hmm not an easy queston
12:06 cait Waylon: if you are using the seirals module, you can have serials with bound volumes as items and issues from the subscription
12:06 cait but volumes and issues will be on the same level
12:06 magnuse Waylon: i guess you could catalogue articles and link to full text elsewhere
12:07 Viktor-sweden magnuse Ah, ok.
12:07 Waylon the full text is in pdf files.. to be downloaded
12:07 cait Waylon: yes, what magnuse said, you can always catalog links, and there are functions for analytics
12:07 cait and ways to link them and make those link appear in the catalog
12:07 Waylon done that.
12:07 Waylon but currently, all articles are a biblio each.
12:07 cait you currently can not upload pdf files into koha directly, you would have to store them somewhere and link to them
12:08 Waylon oh? my boss had that coded in.
12:09 magnuse and i think you would have to have 1 biblio = 1 article, and link them to issues through the analytics stuff that i don't really know
12:09 Waylon this analytics stuff is 3.4-3.6?
12:09 cait 3.6
12:09 cait in 3.4 you can link using $w subfields
12:10 cait in 3.6 there is another implementation called EasyAnayltics that works differently
12:10 Viktor-sweden We are thinking about syncing Koha to a master database by OAI.-MPH. We would then order at the vendors e-shop who talks to the master database (a national resource) who then syncs the MARC-data to us.
12:10 cait it also includes items somehow, but I can't really explain it
12:10 cait jcamins_away is a good source for easyanalytics
12:10 Viktor-sweden In that scenario: would acquisitions mostly be useful as a tool to follow up on the budget?
12:11 magnuse Viktor-sweden: i think it sounds like it, yes
12:11 Waylon when will jcamins_away be not away?
12:11 Waylon usually?
12:11 magnuse but maybe also for chekcing that you're actually getting what you ordered?
12:12 cait Waylon: he is in new york
12:12 Viktor-sweden magnuse True!
12:12 Viktor-sweden Keeping track of what's been ordered is quite useful.
12:12 Viktor-sweden (can't contribute with serials - sorry. But listening and learning)
12:13 Waylon so... when, is new your's waking hours?
12:15 magnuse Waylon: hard to tell on  sunday ;-)
12:16 Viktor-sweden :)
12:16 Waylon ah. good point.
12:17 cait Waylon:  he is around often, or you can try and write a mail on the list
12:17 magnuse brb
12:17 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
12:19 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
12:19 magnuse back
12:19 Viktor-sweden Going away for a while to finish of some e-mails to relevant bosses - not sure if the mibbit-widget supports chaning names/status. But it's been nice to have a first chat! And thanks again for the help.
12:20 Viktor-sweden Popping in again if e-mailing is quick :)
12:20 cait have a nice sunday Viktor-sweden
12:20 magnuse have fun Viktor-sweden!
12:21 magnuse i think you can do "/nick somethingelse" on mibbit
12:21 Viktor-sweden is now known as Viktor-away
12:21 magnuse but i also think you get kicked out if you are inactive for a while...
12:21 Viktor-away Sweet :)
12:22 magnuse yay!
12:50 Viktor-away left #koha
12:51 sheikh303 left #koha
13:17 cait is now known as kf_away
13:47 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
13:55 kf_away is now known as kf
14:08 jcamins_away kf: why are you at work on a Sunday?
14:11 kf oh
14:11 kf is now known as cait
14:11 cait thx
14:11 jcamins_away :)
14:11 cait although it feels like work with all the distance study stuff
14:21 cait @wunder Konstanz
14:21 huginn` cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is -6.9�C (3:19 PM CET on February 12, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 64%. Dew Point: -13.0�C. Windchill: -7.0�C. Pressure: 30.41 in 1029.7 hPa (Steady).
14:55 mbalmer left #koha
14:56 mbalmer joined #koha
14:59 Callender left #koha
15:13 Callender joined #koha
15:24 Waylon left #koha
15:30 Soupermanito joined #koha
15:58 luisb joined #koha
16:06 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
16:14 magnuse @wunder boo
16:14 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 0.0�C (4:50 PM CET on February 12, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 80%. Dew Point: -3.0�C. Windchill: -5.0�C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Steady).
16:46 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
16:57 luisb left #koha
17:11 luisb joined #koha
17:26 Callender left #koha
17:30 Callender joined #koha
18:03 wizzyrea joined #koha
18:30 ibeardslee left #koha
18:33 cait confusing_bug_numbers--
18:34 ibeardslee joined #koha
18:34 wizzyrea left #koha
18:49 rangi Morning from the bus
18:49 magnuse kia ora rangi!
18:49 jcamins Morning.
18:49 Soupermanito left #koha
18:50 magnuse hiya jcamins
18:51 cait morning rangi
18:54 Soupermanito joined #koha
18:55 * magnuse wanders off to make more "kn�ckebrot"
18:56 * cait hands rangi a cinnamon roll
18:58 * jcamins tests 7432.
18:58 rangi Mm yum
18:58 rangi Yay jcamins
18:59 The_Soup joined #koha
18:59 cait oh
18:59 magnuse bug 7432
18:59 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7432 critical, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Needs Signoff , Changing frameworks should refresh cache
18:59 * cait hands jcamins a cinnamon roll
18:59 magnuse jcamins++
18:59 jcamins cait: if you're already testing it, we can both sign off. :)
18:59 cait jcamins++
18:59 jcamins Well, assuming it works, which I'll know in... 7 minutes.
19:00 cait ah, i am about to correct my sign-off on 7289
19:00 cait I saved the 'waiting' for when I get tird
19:00 rangi I see eythian worked during the weekend too
19:01 Soupermanito left #koha
19:03 rangi And indradg has done some cool things with gnome and the packages
19:03 jcamins Yeah, I saw that on Facebook.
19:03 rangi Yup
19:04 jcamins rangi: so was the consensus that we should use SetEnv for memcached?
19:04 rangi I think both
19:04 * jcamins bangs his head on the table.
19:04 jcamins What was the point of delaying all those patches then?
19:05 rangi Env for variables but still allow the syspref to turn it off
19:05 jcamins Ah.
19:05 jcamins That makes sense.
19:05 rangi Oh that's just my consensus
19:05 rangi :)
19:05 jcamins So the follow up to 6971 still needs sign off?
19:05 cait perhaps add your consensus to the bug
19:05 rangi Not sure what the lords decided
19:05 cait so we can +1 it :)
19:05 jcamins +1
19:05 cait um I menat the wiki
19:05 jcamins Oh, on the bug.
19:06 jcamins Oh, on the wiki.
19:06 wahanui on the wiki is more information about the packages
19:06 rangi Yep if I get a chance today I will
19:09 rangi Syspref allows hosted ppl to control it which is important
19:09 jcamins Woohoo!
19:09 jcamins It works!
19:09 rangi Yay
19:10 rangi My stop bb after #hrmmbreakfast
19:10 cait I never had any doubts it would
19:10 cait have fun :)
19:10 jcamins Neither did I.
19:13 cait ok
19:13 cait I finally fixed the signoff
19:14 cait working on 7514 now
19:15 magnuse bug 7514
19:15 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7514 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, frederic, NEW , Choose OPAC language with URL parameter
19:15 jcamins That should be set to needs signoff.
19:15 * jcamins will test bug 7511.
19:15 magnuse yay, that sounds good!
19:15 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7511 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Needs Signoff , Caching Templates
19:16 magnuse yay!
19:16 cait hehe
19:16 cait we have a norwegian cheerleader ;)
19:16 * magnuse cheers his heroes on in their quest
19:16 * cait giggles at the picture that appeared in her head
19:17 * magnuse blushes
19:17 jcamins Signing things off is easier than anything else I could do.
19:17 cait and drink your tea?
19:17 * jcamins has a number of writing projects, but it's too hard to focus on those.
19:17 jcamins Yes, I'm drinking tea.
19:18 cait good
19:21 * magnuse goes back to baking
19:23 * jcamins does weird things with Apache.
19:27 jcamins Wow!
19:28 jcamins Bug 7511 is very impressie.
19:28 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7511 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Needs Signoff , Caching Templates
19:28 jcamins *impressive
19:32 * jcamins is doing lots of signing off this year.
19:32 jcamins I have to find out from rangi how to get a list of all the bugs I've signed off on.
19:33 * jcamins tests 6193.
19:35 cait :)
19:35 cait you are fast
19:35 cait signing off on bug 7514 now
19:35 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7514 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, frederic, NEW , Choose OPAC language with URL parameter
19:35 cait works nicely
19:35 jcamins Hm.
19:36 magnuse cait++ jcamins++
19:38 jcamins Okay, so much for testing 6193.
19:38 jcamins I can't figure out how to.
19:38 cait bug 6193
19:38 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6193 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, tomascohen, In Discussion , Use memcached cache koha-conf.xml configuration variables
19:38 cait hm I am not sure
19:39 jcamins I think there's an additional patch missing.
19:40 jcamins Maybe.
19:44 cait going to look at 7080
19:46 cait jcamins: if you get really bored... i did a patch for serials that awaits sign-off...
19:47 jcamins cait: which bug?
19:47 cait 7521
19:47 jcamins bug 7521
19:47 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7521 normal, P3, ---, katrin.fischer, Needs Signoff , Cannot receive serials without full serials permissions
19:48 * jcamins can do that.
19:50 cait yay :)
19:51 jcamins Yikes! That's ugly!
19:51 jcamins (the bug)
19:51 cait yeah
19:51 cait permissions are
19:51 jcamins And the patch works.
19:52 cait I want to build a follow up to make routing work better on that patch next
19:53 jcamins magnuse: do you have a test dataset for NORMARC?
19:53 jcamins Preferably a small one?
19:53 cait which bug are you looking at?
19:53 jcamins Bug 7489.
19:53 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7489 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , Implement DisplayOPACiconsXSLT for NORMARC XSLT
19:54 jcamins I could test it with a MARC21 dataset, and it'd probably work, but I feel like I should be using NORMARC to test NORMARC features.
19:55 cait hm true
19:55 jcamins Now testing bug 7530 if I can figure out how.
19:55 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7530 minor, P5 - low, ---, gcollum, Needs Signoff , Missing <li> tag in
19:55 cait you could add a few fast adds
19:55 cait for that bug
19:55 cait owen's patch looks good too
19:55 cait signing off :)
19:56 jcamins Hm. True.
19:58 cait looking at 5280 next
19:58 jcamins bug 5280
19:58 wahanui rumour has it bug 5280 is cool, finishing testing it for sign off
19:58 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5280 normal, P4, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Fix password field in so that the password is masked as it is entered
19:58 Space_Librarian joined #koha
19:58 cait hi Space_Librarian
19:58 Space_Librarian o/
19:59 cait oh
19:59 Space_Librarian Hi cait!
19:59 cait it already is signed off
19:59 cait moving to
20:01 jcamins Okay, I can't tell if it works or not.
20:01 cait the missing li?
20:02 jcamins Right.
20:02 luisb left #koha
20:02 jcamins And since it doesn't seem like a big deal to me, I'm not inclined to spend a huge amount of time trying to figure out what it's supposed to do.
20:04 cait ah
20:04 cait you can just do what the patch suggests
20:04 cait w3c xhtml validator
20:04 cait you can copy paste the html code on that page and let it check it
20:04 cait before and after the patch
20:05 jcamins Yes, I did that, and there were so many errors I couldn't tell whether it had behaved appropriately or not.
20:05 cait oh
20:07 kathryn joined #koha
20:07 cait lots of bugs from my list are already signed off now :)
20:08 jcamins Yay!
20:08 cait yeah, some people were really busy :)
20:08 cait wizzyrea++ jcamins++ oleonard++
20:10 kathryn morning all : )
20:10 cait hi kathryn :)
20:11 Space_Librarian morning kathryn  - did you enjoy Melbourne?
20:12 kathryn hi Space_Librarian, yes I did!
20:12 kathryn such a nice city
20:12 kathryn we were pretty busy talking with people at Vala2012
20:12 kathryn from people who had never heard of koha, to koha librarians we didn't know were out there : )
20:13 cait :)
20:13 cait jcamins: testing 4969 - are you still testing and drinking your tea?
20:13 jcamins bug 4969
20:14 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4969 minor, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Patch doesn't apply , Vendors can not be deleted / show only active vendors
20:14 * jcamins didn't try that one.
20:14 cait it didn't apply for owen
20:14 cait but did for me
20:15 jcamins Applied fine for me
20:15 cait yep for me too
20:15 cait I wonder if it catches deleting vendors with subscriptions
20:15 cait testing that now
20:21 cait failed qa
20:22 rangi back
20:22 cait wb rangi
20:22 rangi thanks
20:23 magnuse jcamins: normarc records should not be necessary for bug 7489 - just check that any old icons are showing up before the patch and hidden after the patch (in line with twhat the syspref says it should do)
20:23 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7489 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , Implement DisplayOPACiconsXSLT for NORMARC XSLT
20:23 jcamins magnuse: okay. :)
20:23 The_Soup left #koha
20:24 * jcamins is marking old patches "Does not apply."
20:25 jcamins And, rarely, needs sign off.
20:25 cait jcamins++
20:26 cait ok, checking on a possible bug one of our libraries reported now
20:27 rgbv joined #koha
20:28 cait cool, it's fixed on master
20:29 jcamins Yay!
20:30 cait jcamins: are you working on 7489?
20:30 jcamins bug 7489
20:30 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7489 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , Implement DisplayOPACiconsXSLT for NORMARC XSLT
20:30 jcamins I am not, no.
20:30 cait ah ok
20:30 cait I will pick it up :)
20:30 * magnuse wanders off and wishes everyone happy hunting
20:30 magnuse cait++
20:30 magnuse is now known as magnus_afk
20:30 cait bye magnus_afk :)
20:32 The_Soup joined #koha
20:34 jcamins Okay, time to make pizza.
20:34 jcamins Bye.
20:34 cait :)
20:34 cait yum
20:34 cait bye jcamins
20:35 jcamins Just another 74 bugs with patches that are marked NEW, ASSIGNED, or REOPENED.
20:36 cait oh
20:36 cait which search are you using?
20:36 jcamins I searched for bugs with those statuses and Attachment is patch = 1 and Attachment is obsolete != 1.
20:37 cait oh
20:37 cait can you sav eit perhaps?
20:37 cait and share?
20:37 jcamins I saved it, but I'm not sure how to share it.
20:37 cait go to preferences
20:37 jcamins Ah, figured it out. :)
20:37 cait oki :)
20:38 jcamins "Patches not yet marked"
20:38 cait thx :)
20:38 jcamins Next one to check is 3317.
20:39 jcamins Okay, really making pizza now. :)
20:39 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
20:41 The_Soup left #koha
21:02 Soupermanito joined #koha
21:11 Soupermanito left #koha
21:13 Soupermanito joined #koha
21:30 Soupermanito left #koha
21:30 eythian hi
21:30 wahanui bonjour, eythian
21:31 cait hi eythian
21:32 Soupermanito joined #koha
21:33 mbalmer left #koha
21:35 Soupermanito left #koha
21:37 jcamins_away More than a third through.
21:38 Soupermanito joined #koha
21:38 pastebot "rangi" at pasted "top 6 sign offers for feb" (9 lines) at
21:38 jcamins_away Wow!
21:40 jcamins_away No wonder I felt like I was spending a lot of time signing off on things.
21:40 eythian way to make everyone else look bad, jcamins_away ;)
21:40 rangi heh
21:40 rangi
21:41 cait :)
21:41 cait @wunder Konstanz
21:41 huginn` cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is -12.4�C (10:40 PM CET on February 12, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 83%. Dew Point: -15.0�C. Windchill: -12.0�C. Pressure: 30.44 in 1030.7 hPa (Steady).
21:42 jcamins_away eythian: you still have time to beat me!
21:45 Space_Librarian @wunder wellington, nz
21:45 huginn` Space_Librarian: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 16.0�C (10:00 AM NZDT on February 13, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 68%. Dew Point: 10.0�C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Rising).
21:48 jcamins_away eythian: bug 7362.
21:48 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7362 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, ASSIGNED , Allow searching by item number as a fallback
21:49 jcamins_away eythian: never mind, it doesn't apply anyway.
21:50 cait jcamins_away: I get dizzy watching you
21:50 cait :)
21:50 jcamins_away cait: I need something easy.
21:50 cait to test?
21:51 jcamins_away No, to do.
21:51 jcamins_away So I'm doing this.
21:52 cait ah
21:52 cait and drink your tea!
21:52 eythian jcamins_away: I did some packaging updates yesterday that you might have a look at, one of them was for a bug you reported :)
21:53 eythian bug 7409 and bug 7532
21:53 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7409 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , Missing dependencies for Debian package
21:53 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7532 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , opac-ics depends on Date::ICal which is largely unmaintained
21:53 jcamins_away eythian: I saw that. I'll be doing packaging later in the week, at which point I'll sign off on those.
21:54 jcamins_away Unless I get through this first. ;)
21:54 eythian ah right, sweet as
21:58 jcamins_away Pizza time!
21:58 cait enjoy your pizza jcamins_away
22:03 cjh_ joined #koha
22:04 cjh_ left #koha
22:04 cjh_ joined #koha
22:05 cjh_ left #koha
22:06 Irma joined #koha
22:06 cait hi Irma
22:07 Irma hi cait :-)
22:08 Space_Librarian hey Irma
22:08 cait :)
22:08 Irma hi Space_Librarian :-)
22:09 cjh left #koha
22:22 cait @marc 500
22:22 huginn` cait: General information for which a specialized 5XX note field has not been defined. (Repeatable) [a,3,5,6,8]
22:22 rangi @marc 550
22:22 huginn` rangi: Information about the current and former issuing bodies of a continuing resource. (Repeatable) [a,6,8]
22:23 rangi not in authority records its not
22:23 rangi its see also from tracing
22:23 rangi topical term
22:23 wahanui topical term is, like, a general subject
22:23 rangi apparently
22:23 cjh joined #koha
22:31 magnus_afk cait++ for signing off my patch and generally for being awesome
22:32 magnus_afk jcamins++ for being awesome
22:32 cait magnuse++ for being more awesome
22:33 magnus_afk no way!
22:33 eythian magnus_afk: bug 7409 and bug 7532 may be of interest to you too
22:33 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7409 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , Missing dependencies for Debian package
22:33 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7532 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , opac-ics depends on Date::ICal which is largely unmaintained
22:33 magnus_afk eythian: yup!
22:34 magnus_afk bug 6440 is top of my list though
22:34 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6440 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Koha's OAI-PMH does not support sets
22:35 Phlunk3 joined #koha
22:36 rangi jcamins_away: about?
22:37 magnus_afk g'night #koha
22:37 eythian bye
22:37 magnus_afk is now known as magnus_away
22:37 cjh_ joined #koha
22:37 Phlunk3 hey guys, we have had a server reboot on a koha server, now zebra isnt working (no search) and the error log from zebra spits this out:
22:38 rangi look for a lock file
22:39 rangi and or busted permissions
22:40 Phlunk3 thx, I know a colleague messed with some permissions to get it this far, will try ensure he returns everything to how it was and then have a look myself. thx rangi.
22:40 eythian also look for more logs
22:40 rangi i bet its permissions either of hte lock file, or the index files themselves
22:41 rangi but yeah more logs good too
22:43 cjh left #koha
22:44 cjh_ is now known as cjh
22:44 Phlunk3 hmmz, it was days ago the server rebooted
22:44 Phlunk3 since then been spitting that error every 30 secs, will have a look though
22:45 eythian basicaly all it's saying is that zebrasrv is dying as soon as it starts.
22:45 Phlunk3 yeah
22:45 Phlunk3 apparently the guy made the lock folders manually.
22:46 rangi that'd do it
22:46 Phlunk3 as he was getting an error earlier, nm I'll get him to rollback and then see if I can fix the original issue.
22:46 rangi i think ubuntu kills those dirs, the newer versions of koha (using the packages) makes the dirs
22:46 Phlunk3 probably he just had to start a process, but instead tried to start wrong one etc
22:46 rangi but it probably needs the dirs /var/lock whatever
22:47 Phlunk3 ahh, it is package installed on ubuntu. but the dirs were gone he said.
22:47 rangi but just owned by the user zebra is trying to run as
22:47 rangi probably permissions then, check the dirs are owned by the right user
22:48 Phlunk3 who should own them? koha?
22:49 rangi whats the user the zebra process is running as?
22:49 eythian $ ls -ld /var/lock/koha
22:49 eythian drwxr-xr-x 16 root root 4096 Dec 19 08:53 /var/lock/koha
22:49 eythian but the zebra process should create the dirs as needed in there.
22:49 rangi yup, for the packages
22:49 Phlunk3 yeah I wont make them then
22:49 eythian it should end up looking like:
22:49 eythian drwxr-xr-x 4 demo-koha        demo-koha        4096 May 21  2010 demo
22:50 eythian underneath that
22:50 Phlunk3 sorry to ask stupid q, but how can I see who its running as?
22:50 Phlunk3 it quites out when I run it lol
22:50 Phlunk3 quits*
22:50 eythian how are you running it?
22:51 Phlunk3 Im not running it manually, its just from a koha install package, whatever it gets setup to do on boot.
22:51 eythian so, that uses an init script
22:51 Phlunk3 I believe I didn't make any changes to startup scripts etc
22:51 Phlunk3 yeah
22:51 rangi packages from eh?
22:51 Phlunk3 koha-common I presume
22:51 eythian yeah
22:51 rangi yup
22:51 Phlunk3 1 moment Ill check
22:51 jcamins_away rangi: yeah.
22:52 eythian what about in /var/log/koha/libraryname/zebra*log
22:53 Phlunk3 same as I posted earlier?
22:53 rangi jcamins_away: so im trying to create authority files from a csv file
22:53 rangi i have a column USEFOR
22:53 jcamins_away Oh, you poor, poor man.
22:53 Phlunk3 lol
22:53 rangi example LEADTERM=Accounting USEFOR=Bookkeeping
22:54 rangi im thinking 150a and 450a respectively?
22:54 rangi right track?
22:54 jcamins_away Yes.
22:54 rangi yay, cait was helping me
22:54 jcamins_away Your indicators will both be blank.
22:54 cait lol
22:54 Phlunk3 should any of the commands like koha-restart-zebra help me with making the log folder? or shall I just manually attempt it?
22:54 cait glad I got it right ;)
22:55 eythian Phlunk3: it should be there already
22:55 eythian look in /var/log/koha
22:55 jcamins_away 008/09=a, 008/10=d, 008/11=z, 008/15=a, 008/17=a
22:56 Phlunk3 I dont have that either eyth
22:56 eythian how do you not?
22:56 Phlunk3 lol
22:56 eythian that's pretty strange
22:56 Phlunk3 lemme check
22:56 Phlunk3 wait
22:56 Phlunk3 ofc I do :P
22:56 Phlunk3 wrong vps
22:56 eythian heh that won't help any :)
22:56 rangi jcamins_away: aahh ok :)
22:57 Phlunk3 koha-error-log is there, no errors recently for it.
22:57 Phlunk3 same with koha-opac-error
22:57 eythian no
22:57 eythian zebra-*
22:57 Phlunk3 yeah, I pasted those earlier sorry thought you'd seen, moment
22:58 Phlunk3 zebra-error-log:
22:58 rangi jcamins_away: i guess i just have to create the leader and 003 and 007 now
22:58 Phlunk3 output-log gives this every 30 seconds: 11:56:54-13/02 [fatal] lock file /var/lock/koha/mylibrary/biblios/ [No such file or directory]
22:58 rangi hmm
22:58 rangi no
22:58 rangi 003
22:59 rangi i dont think need 007
22:59 jcamins_away rangi: no 007.
22:59 rangi gah, this hurts my brain
22:59 rangi thanks
22:59 jcamins_away The 003 is going to be the same for all of them.
22:59 rangi leader and 003 i can do
22:59 rangi sweet
22:59 jcamins_away Just a code for the library.
22:59 rangi *nod*
22:59 eythian I wonder if you have an old version of the packages, I think the newer ones mkdir that.
22:59 cait you can do it :)
22:59 Phlunk3 Ill check what version it was.
23:00 Phlunk3 it is quite old tbh needs updated
23:00 jcamins_away rangi: what's the story with bug 6431?
23:00 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6431 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , New Circulation modules for Hourly Circulation
23:01 rangi ah they have been pulled into the main one already
23:01 jcamins_away all three patches apply without conflict.
23:01 rangi by colin
23:01 eythian In the short term, you can just mkdir them yourself, and chown them to koha-mylibrary
23:01 rangi yeah 5579 has them applied already
23:01 jcamins_away Okay, so, mark the bug RESOLVED-WONTFIX?
23:01 rangi yeah i think so
23:02 rangi with a note, these are in 5579 already
23:02 jcamins_away Same deal for 6430?
23:03 jcamins_away bug 6430
23:03 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6430 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW , DB changes needed for Hourly Circulation
23:04 Phlunk3 have manually made them and will check out how it likes things now, thanks.
23:05 rangi i think so
23:06 jcamins_away Thanks.
23:09 rangi hmm so if USEFOR =450a i wonder what USEPREF should be
23:09 rangi eg LEADTERM=Accountability USEPREF=Responsibility
23:09 jcamins_away Oh, I see.
23:10 jcamins_away That is 450 $aAccountability, 150 $aResponsibility.
23:10 jcamins_away Please don't gouge your eyes out!
23:10 cait uhoh
23:11 rangi eek
23:11 cait jcamins_away: you make his brain hurt!
23:11 jcamins_away cait: it makes my brain hurt, too!
23:11 cait perhaps my brain is too tired to hurt
23:12 jcamins_away lol
23:12 rangi ok, im gonna go get lunch and try again :)
23:12 rangi thanks, makes sense, just hard to code
23:12 * eythian goes for lunch while my package build hopefully succeeds finally
23:12 Phlunk3 okay this seems like a db issue? wasnt sure.
23:13 jcamins_away Phlunk3: no, that's because you're missing the directories so that zebrasrv can start.
23:13 eythian that's not a db issue
23:13 eythian it's...
23:13 eythian what he said
23:13 jcamins_away mkdir /var/run/koha/mylibrary/
23:13 Phlunk3 ahh thanks
23:13 jcamins_away *sudo* mkdir ...
23:13 Phlunk3 who should own them?
23:16 jcamins_away Phlunk3: good question.
23:16 jcamins_away (one moment while I find out)
23:16 Phlunk3 gave them to mylibrary-koha and that fixed it
23:16 jcamins_away mylibrary-koha
23:16 Phlunk3 thanks jc and the lunchroom team.
23:17 Phlunk3 okay seems we need to upgrade that system to a newer koha version
23:17 Phlunk3 anyone knows where I can spitout current version via command line?
23:17 jcamins_away locate
23:18 Phlunk3 our $VERSION = '';
23:18 Phlunk3 isnt that really old?
23:18 jcamins_away Uhhh... yeah, it is.
23:19 Phlunk3 ffs I think someone has booted the wrong virtual machine
23:19 jcamins_away That is... 7 months out of date.
23:19 jcamins_away Phlunk3: if it makes you feel any better, I know of another library that did that, too.
23:19 Phlunk3 thx man lol
23:23 BobB joined #koha
23:23 cait left #koha
23:27 hephzibah joined #koha
23:29 hephzibah left #koha
23:29 hephzibah joined #koha
23:30 Irma left #koha
23:31 Irma joined #koha
23:31 hephzibah hello
23:31 jcamins_away Hello.
23:31 hephzibah I have just installed koha ils on my server
23:32 hephzibah i will like to catalogue my books at the library into the software
23:33 hephzibah how can i use a bar code reader to read  the book information to catalogue
23:33 jcamins_away hephzibah: I recommend you read the manual.
23:33 jcamins_away documentation?
23:33 wahanui somebody said documentation was at
23:33 jcamins_away ^^ there.
23:33 wahanui ^^ there is that very good point
23:33 hephzibah left #koha
23:34 jcamins_away And... I guess that's all I had to say.
23:34 hephzibah joined #koha
23:35 jcamins_away hephzibah: the short answer is, you won't be able to just scan books in and have Koha catalog them for you.
23:35 jcamins_away You can use the Z39.50 feature to download records from the Library of Congress (for example), though.
23:36 hephzibah left #koha
23:36 hephzibah joined #koha
23:38 hephzibah left #koha
23:39 mib_a3y53e joined #koha
23:41 mib_a3y53e hello
23:41 wahanui privet, mib_a3y53e
23:41 mib_a3y53e how do i take in records of my books into the koha ils i just installed
23:42 mib_a3y53e left #koha
23:46 eythian jcamins_away: bug 7238 is another one if you want to do packaging stuff that causes the build to break.
23:46 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7238 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, chris, Needs Signoff , move SIPconfig.xml, sip_run and sip_shutdown outside from C4 (NOT FOR 3.6)
23:47 eythian (well, the patch I have there prevents the build from breaking)
23:48 BobB mib_a3y53: there's a utility on the Tools menu you can use.
23:49 luisb joined #koha
23:49 BobB @seen mtj
23:49 huginn` BobB: mtj was last seen in #koha 5 days, 2 hours, 18 minutes, and 58 seconds ago: * mtj waves to all

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary