IRC log for #koha, 2012-02-13

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 mtj heya BobB
00:03 mtj ... and everyone else in #koha :)
00:08 Space_Librarian left #koha
00:16 jcamins_away Finished going through all the patches without a patch-related status.
00:16 jcamins_away Good night, #koha.
00:16 eythian later
00:16 rangi cya jcamins_away
00:21 eythian yay, building packages finally works again.
00:22 * eythian makes an updated dev package.
00:33 mtj ... sounds like some real interest for Koha at VALA last week
00:38 eythian new dev koha packages uploading
01:06 rangi heh
01:06 rangi jcamins_away cant stop
01:07 jcamins_away rangi: I need something to do with my hands.
01:07 jcamins_away Like signing off.
01:10 jcamins_away eythian: git says your patch for 7238 was already applied.
01:11 jcamins_away I'm confused.
01:11 eythian jcamins_away: it's definitely not. It blew up on me half an hour ago
01:11 rangi in master?
01:11 eythian it's just the very last patch on that bug
01:11 jcamins_away Ohh.
01:11 eythian it's not in master
01:11 jcamins_away The other two can be obsoleted?
01:11 eythian no
01:11 eythian the other two are already appliec
01:11 eythian d
01:11 jcamins_away Right, so they're now obsolete.
01:11 eythian oh, OK :)
01:12 eythian I didn't realise that's how it worked.
01:12 eythian but it makes sense.
01:21 jcamins_away How do I change who the packags say "Source changed by"?
01:21 jcamins_away *packages
01:21 eythian what do you mean?
01:21 jcamins_away It has the wrong e-mail address for me.
01:21 eythian oh
01:21 jcamins_away And I have no idea where it got it from.
01:22 eythian[…]g_Debian_Packages <-- see the DEBEMAIL line
01:22 jcamins_away Thanks.
01:26 eythian "One time a group of drunk librarians hushed my friend so hard he couldn't speak above a whisper for a week."
01:33 mtj ha, thats classic :)
02:20 Phlunk3 left #koha
02:27 Soupermanito left #koha
03:29 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
03:36 Amit_Gupta heya bag
03:47 wizzyrea joined #koha
03:54 luisb left #koha
04:04 Amit_Gupta left #koha
04:04 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
04:06 wizzyrea left #koha
04:09 rgbv left #koha
04:16 wizzyrea joined #koha
04:22 Amit_Gupta left #koha
04:24 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
04:32 kathryn left #koha
04:33 bag heya Amit_Gupta
04:51 Amit_Gupta_ joined #koha
04:58 Amit_Gupta left #koha
05:11 wizzyrea left #koha
05:18 cait joined #koha
05:27 cait good morning #koha
05:35 Amit_Gupta_ left #koha
05:36 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
05:42 Amit_Gupta_ joined #koha
05:45 cait hi Amit_Gupta
05:48 Amit_Gupta left #koha
05:48 Amit_Gupta_ is now known as Amit_Gupta
06:42 cait @wunder Konstanz
06:42 huginn` cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is -12.1�C (7:39 AM CET on February 13, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 90%. Dew Point: -13.0�C. Windchill: -12.0�C. Pressure: 30.40 in 1029.3 hPa (Steady).
06:43 rangi @wunder nzwn
06:43 huginn` rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 19.0�C (7:00 PM NZDT on February 13, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 64%. Dew Point: 12.0�C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017 hPa (Steady).
06:44 cait 19...
06:54 Amit_Gupta_ joined #koha
06:59 Amit_Gupta left #koha
06:59 Amit_Gupta_ is now known as Amit_Gupta
07:03 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
07:03 magnuse kia ora #koha!
07:04 cait good morning magnuse
07:04 magnuse hiya cait
07:04 cait @wunder boo
07:04 huginn` cait: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 0.0�C (7:50 AM CET on February 13, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 80%. Dew Point: -3.0�C. Windchill: -6.0�C. Pressure: 29.71 in 1006 hPa (Steady).
07:04 cait unfair
07:05 cait rangi has 19, you have 0 and I get -12
07:05 magnuse wow, 12 degrees warmer
07:05 magnuse hm, how about living in nz for half the year?
07:05 cait I am all for that
07:05 magnuse hehe
07:08 magnuse we got a couple cm fresh snow - hope i remember where the ice is underneath that
07:09 cait you better do
07:27 rangi[…]-your-price-free/
07:31 cait left #koha
07:33 Amit_Gupta left #koha
07:36 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
07:39 reiveune joined #koha
07:39 reiveune hello
07:40 rangi hi reiveune
07:41 reiveune :)
07:42 mbalmer joined #koha
07:43 alex_a joined #koha
07:47 laurence joined #koha
07:48 paul_p joined #koha
07:49 alex_a morning #koha
07:51 Amit_Gupta_ joined #koha
07:55 rangi hi alex_a
07:57 magnuse bonjour france!
07:57 julian_m joined #koha
07:57 Amit_Gupta left #koha
07:57 magnuse nice stats for debian!
07:57 Amit_Gupta_ is now known as Amit_Gupta
08:00 hdl joined #koha
08:00 laurence left #koha
08:00 Amit_Gupta heya magnuse
08:00 magnuse namaste Amit_Gupta
08:01 laurence joined #koha
08:02 rangi fredericd: hmm i didnt do that patch, that was srdjan (i just wrote a comment)
08:08 hdl left #koha
08:09 hdl joined #koha
08:14 paul_p left #koha
08:18 matts joined #koha
08:18 marcelr joined #koha
08:18 marcelr good morning koha
08:21 SFM joined #koha
08:21 SFM hi there!
08:21 SFM how can i create a simple page in koha 3.0
08:21 SFM ?
08:22 paul_p joined #koha
08:22 SFM like contact us, faq
08:22 paul_p_ joined #koha
08:22 SFM anyone?
08:24 magnuse SFM: Koha is not really meant for that, but there is this:
08:24 magnuse i have never tried it, though
08:25 paul_p_ left #koha
08:25 paul_p left #koha
08:25 SFM i have seen this wiki page before
08:25 paul_p joined #koha
08:25 magnuse it's probably better to use something else for a cms - like wordpress or drupal, and then make that and the opac look as similar as possible
08:25 paul_p left #koha
08:26 SFM it souldnt be that much difficult to create simple static page
08:26 paul_p joined #koha
08:26 magnuse kia ora paul_p
08:27 paul_p kia ora magnuse
08:28 paul_p phew... lot of work made by jared during the week-end !
08:29 marcelr hi paul_p
08:29 marcelr paul_p: i looked at 7345 and 7392 again
08:30 paul_p marcelr and ?
08:30 marcelr should be ok now
08:30 magnuse bug 7345
08:30 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7345 enhancement, P3, ---, jcamins, Passed QA , Should be possible to export MARC records without private fields
08:31 magnuse bug 7392
08:31 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7392 enhancement, P3, ---, katrin.fischer, Passed QA , Add system preference to configure export options for OPAC detail page
08:34 Amit_Gupta_ joined #koha
08:36 francharb joined #koha
08:38 francharb morning
08:39 Amit_Gupta left #koha
08:39 Amit_Gupta_ is now known as Amit_Gupta
08:48 sophie_m joined #koha
08:57 kf joined #koha
08:57 kf good mornign #koha
08:57 marcelr hi kf
09:00 kf hi marcel
09:00 kf :)
09:27 Amit_Gupta_ joined #koha
09:33 Amit_Gupta left #koha
09:33 Amit_Gupta_ is now known as Amit_Gupta
09:44 Amit_Gupta_ joined #koha
09:50 Amit_Gupta left #koha
09:50 Amit_Gupta_ is now known as Amit_Gupta
10:08 chris_n` joined #koha
10:08 chris_n is now known as Guest2421
10:08 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
10:15 Guest2421 left #koha
10:17 sophie_m left #koha
10:19 sophie_m joined #koha
10:26 matts left #koha
10:26 matts joined #koha
10:33 marcelr left #koha
10:34 paul_p kf i'm about to push bug 7345 and bug 7392 :-)
10:34 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7345 enhancement, P3, ---, jcamins, Passed QA , Should be possible to export MARC records without private fields
10:34 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7392 enhancement, P3, ---, katrin.fischer, Passed QA , Add system preference to configure export options for OPAC detail page
10:52 slef anyone here know horizon in detail?
10:56 marcelr joined #koha
10:58 Amit_Gupta left #koha
11:00 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
11:02 slef @seen schuster
11:02 huginn` slef: schuster was last seen in #koha 5 days, 12 hours, 33 minutes, and 16 seconds ago: <schuster> ok done for now!  I'm working on my batch picture upload command line and borrower batch command line utilities for cron jobs that we have running
11:02 slef @seen danielg
11:02 huginn` slef: danielg was last seen in #koha 1 year, 13 weeks, 0 days, 16 hours, 30 minutes, and 10 seconds ago: <danielg> lucky you! i'm in day 11. longest cold i've ever had
11:07 kf slef: I know horizon 5.3 - does that help?
11:08 * kf just came back from the dentist
11:08 kf hi paul_p - yay
11:08 paul_p kf sorry, but I fall in some problems. Probably misunderstandings but they're worth some more explanations
11:08 paul_p writing comment now
11:09 kf really??
11:09 kf sorry
11:09 slef kf: yes! Can one export the circulation data?
11:09 kf only this is a neverending story somehow
11:09 kf slef: you mean from the program?
11:09 slef kf: from Horizon
11:09 slef kf: I don't mind attacking its database if that's easier
11:09 kf slef: I don't think so - but I might be wrong. we always worked on database level
11:12 paul_p kf comment added on bug 7392
11:12 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7392 enhancement, P3, ---, katrin.fischer, Passed QA , Add system preference to configure export options for OPAC detail page
11:13 kf hm
11:13 kf I think your comment is on the wrong bug
11:13 kf that's jared's part
11:14 kf did you push 7345 first?
11:15 marcelr paul_p: only marcstd should delete the 9xx fields
11:17 paul_p marcelr yes. kf, yes too
11:17 * paul_p continues testing and tries to understand what's happening
11:17 kf I can only imagine something with the recent changes broke it
11:17 kf because it was tested successfully before
11:17 matts left #koha
11:17 kf the patch got squashed and amended, perhaps one of those changes
11:17 marcelr did you test marcstd instead of utf8?
11:18 paul_p marcelr yep. I've even updated the syspref to have ONLY marcstd to be sure i'm exporting the right thing
11:18 paul_p then marcdump, and I see 090 and 995
11:18 kf marcdump?
11:18 marcelr let me try again too
11:19 kf paul_p: I agree about the text change, it's a good idea to make it more clear
11:19 paul_p kf yep, a tool to see marc in a human readable form
11:20 kf ah
11:20 paul_p -same as yas-marcdump, provided with MARC::Record -
11:20 kf so you downloaded the file from the opac and used marcdump to check  - I get it now :)
11:24 marcelr paul_p: i see what you mean now; if i call marcstd from the menu, it does not work it runs utf8 instead; if i call export via the right url, it works
11:25 paul_p marcelr so it's a bug, not a mistake from me ?
11:26 paul_p marcelr could you make a follow-up (and not a fix on the same patch). Everything is ready for pushing on my computer, a fu will be easier for me
11:27 kf +                [% CASE 'marcstd' %]<option value="utf8">MARC (Unicode/UTF-8, Standard)</option>
11:27 kf my fault
11:27 kf copy paste error
11:28 kf I can't do a follow up now - no dev installation for master
11:28 marcelr you found it few secs earlier!
11:28 marcelr in sidebar include
11:29 marcelr paul_p: shall i send it?
11:29 kf I wrote it - I had a slight advantage knowing where I did something wrong
11:29 kf :(
11:29 kf marcelr: It would be great if you could
11:29 paul_p marcelr & kf : if it's so easy, I can do it
11:29 kf team_work++ :)
11:29 marcelr one second, it comes now
11:29 kf thx paul for testing again
11:29 * paul_p head for lunch
11:30 BobB You guys and gals are just awesome.  Team koha ++
11:31 * kf waves at BobB
11:31 * BobB waves back, with a smile
11:32 jenkins_koha Starting build #621 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #612 10 j ago)
11:32 kf :)
11:32 Amit_Gupta_ joined #koha
11:33 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7511 [ENH] Template caching (T::T feature) <[…]e72291af35d6f9b98> / Bug 7519 - show patron's street number in search results <[…]f532e1bfaa45287d5> / Bug 7501: OPAC auth browser should have alternating colors <
11:33 * kf feels guilty for her typo now *sigh*
11:34 marcelr done
11:34 kf marcelr++
11:34 kf thank you
11:34 marcelr np
11:34 marcelr tested it too ;)
11:36 kf :)
11:36 kf and searchfortitlein will work correctly in all views now too - yay :)
11:38 Amit_Gupta left #koha
11:38 Amit_Gupta_ is now known as Amit_Gupta
11:43 Amit_Gupta_ joined #koha
11:46 magnuse typos happen
11:46 * magnuse waves at BobB
11:47 Amit_Gupta left #koha
11:47 Amit_Gupta_ is now known as Amit_Gupta
12:00 Amit_Gupta_ joined #koha
12:05 Amit_Gupta left #koha
12:05 Amit_Gupta_ is now known as Amit_Gupta
12:13 Amit_Gupta_ joined #koha
12:13 ibeardslee left #koha
12:15 SFM left #koha
12:16 jwagner joined #koha
12:19 magnuse paul_p: trouble with bug 7511 - i put <template_cache_dir>/tmp/koh​ahead/</template_cache_dir> in koha-conf.xml and now i get this when i try to access the opac:
12:19 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7511 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Pushed to Master , Caching Templates
12:19 magnuse mkdir /tmp/kohahead//home: Permission denied at /usr/lib/perl5/Template/ line 388
12:19 Amit_Gupta left #koha
12:19 Amit_Gupta_ left #koha
12:22 francharb left #koha
12:22 paul_p magnuse do you have write permission to access this directory ? what about /tmp/kohahead (no / at the end) ?
12:23 magnuse paul_p: i used this instead, and that solved it: <template_cache_dir>/tmp</template_cache_dir>
12:24 magnuse never mind - works nicely now
12:24 paul_p probably because user "magnus" has created the /tmp/kohahead and user apache2 tries to write into it
12:24 magnuse yup, guess so
12:24 psulasal joined #koha
12:24 paul_p tmp, is world-writeable, but sub aren't if you don't specify !
12:24 * magnuse trying to be too clever for his own good...
12:24 psulasal hello guys
12:24 magnuse got it :-)
12:24 psulasal is now known as janPasi
12:25 janPasi the irc channel seems to have moved
12:25 francharb joined #koha
12:25 janPasi I'been hanging at wondering why nobody speaks there :D
12:25 magnuse janPasi: yeah, we have been over here for a while...
12:26 janPasi ok :D
12:26 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #621: STILL UNSTABLE in 54 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/621/
12:26 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 7501: OPAC auth browser should have alternating colors
12:26 jenkins_koha * robin: Bug 7519 - show patron's street number in search results
12:26 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7511 [ENH] Template caching (T::T feature)
12:26 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7501 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , OPAC authority browser should mark alternate rows as highlighted
12:26 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7519 minor, P5 - low, ---, robin, Pushed to Master , Street number missing from patron search results
12:26 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7511 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Pushed to Master , Caching Templates
12:27 ibeardslee joined #koha
12:27 janPasi I'm actually in trouble with a couple of Koha systems, so would someone have a time to help me out a bit?
12:28 janPasi I broke both of them when upgrading... :D
12:30 matts joined #koha
12:31 laurence left #koha
12:34 kf janPasi: just ask - if someone has an idea, they will answre
12:34 kf woohoo paul_p++ marcelr++ jcamins_away++
12:34 paul_p ;-)
12:34 marcelr kf++
12:35 janPasi well... the other system acts up by displaying software errors when trying to check items in or out
12:36 janPasi or trying to add new issues to subscriptions
12:36 janPasi and on several other occasions
12:36 janPasi Can't call method "subfield" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 3008.
12:36 janPasi that's what it says
12:37 paul_p Zaroo bugs in the passed QA list !!!
12:37 marcelr paul_p++
12:37 magnuse paul_p++
12:37 * paul_p head to his mailbox, there are many bugzilla updates recently, maybe some are worth passing QA as well ;-)
12:38 paul_p 123 mails in mailbox, 80% from bugzilla
12:38 paul_p looking at bug 6137 now
12:38 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6137 trivial, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Fix a little bug when userenv is null
12:39 janPasi this is Koha version 3.06 and it has it's database on a separate mysql server
12:40 marcelr paul_p: could you please have a look at reproducing bug 3264 ?
12:40 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3264 major, P2, ---,, Needs Signoff , Uncloning a dropdown list in MARC authorities/biblio editor may clear all subfields (see comment 17)
12:41 paul_p marcelr it's not on my mailbox list. But will deal with it asap. Could you send me a mail to be sure I don't forget ?
12:41 marcelr ok
12:48 kf janPasi: what did you change before it broke?
12:50 janPasi everything ;D
12:50 janPasi it's a new installation alltogether
12:50 janPasi but with old database from previous koha system
12:51 janPasi but really, everything is different, including the machine it runs on :D
12:51 magnuse janPasi: what did you upgrade from/to?
12:51 magnuse janPasi: did you run the script to remove items from marcxml?
12:51 janPasi you mean previous koha version?
12:52 collum joined #koha
12:52 matts left #koha
12:52 matts joined #koha
12:53 janPasi i just had web-installer do the changes in the old database
12:53 janPasi koha's web installer that is
12:53 magnuse janPasi: yes, previous koha version
12:54 janPasi i'm not sure actually, i think it was 3.02 maybe
12:54 janPasi the new one is 3.06
12:54 janPasi here's what's in koha-error_log:
12:54 janPasi [Mon Feb 13 12:46:59 2012] [error] [client nn.nn.nn.nn] [Mon Feb 13 14:46:59 2012] DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'marc_subfield_structure' was not locked with LOCK TABLES at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 852., referer:[…]rc/
12:54 janPasi [Mon Feb 13 12:46:59 2012] [error] [client nn.nn.nn.nn] [Mon Feb 13 14:46:59 2012] DBD::mysql::st fetchrow failed: fetch() without execute() at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 853., referer:[…]rc/
12:54 janPasi [Mon Feb 13 12:46:59 2012] [error] [client nn.nn.nn.nn] [Mon Feb 13 14:46:59 2012] Can't call method "subfield" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 3008., referer:[…]rc/
12:55 janPasi [Mon Feb 13 12:46:59 2012] [error] [client nn.nn.nn.nn] [Mon Feb 13 14:46:59 2012] DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'sessions' was not locked with LOCK TABLES at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.3/CGI/Session/Driver/ line 50., referer:[…]rc/
12:56 janPasi it does check items in/out and so on, though
12:56 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: 7392 last follow up <[…]dad5ff5dde5455bfb> / Bug 7345 DBrev numbering <[…]fbba567c09cfaf91e> / bug 7345 tiny change = replacing () by -- <[…]c2e6c91edef4fd446> / 7392 Follo
12:57 janPasi but it stops at the software error with each item
12:57 magnuse janPasi: see the note about here:[…]0ec2;hb=HEAD#l341
12:58 magnuse if you did not run that it might be causing problems
12:59 janPasi ok, i'll check that out
12:59 magnuse i'm not sure if that is causing your specific errors, but it will give you trouble
13:00 jcamins_away Woohoo! Bugs 7392 and 7345 are pushed!
13:01 kf morning jcamins_away :)
13:01 kf and Woohoo!
13:01 marcelr hi jcamins
13:01 magnuse goood morning jcamins_away!
13:01 jcamins_away Good morning.
13:02 jenkins_koha Starting build #622 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #612 10 j ago)
13:02 jcamins_away marcelr: I still can't duplicate bug 3264.
13:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3264 major, P2, ---,, Needs Signoff , Uncloning a dropdown list in MARC authorities/biblio editor may clear all subfields (see comment 17)
13:02 marcelr jcamins: i asked paul too check
13:02 marcelr too/to
13:03 jcamins_away Good idea.
13:03 janPasi says Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 2969.
13:03 janPasi but it seems to complete anyway
13:04 janPasi however the software error is still there
13:05 janPasi rebuild_zebra said 15:04:09-13/02 zebraidx(13052) [warn] No such record type: grs.marcxml.record
13:05 jcamins_away paul_p: when you finish the "Passed QA" bugs, bug 5327 fixes the jenkins build.
13:05 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5327 major, P3, ---, sam-sanders, Signed Off , Unit tests required for all C4 modules
13:06 paul_p jcamins_away yes, i've seen this one, he's on my list ;-)
13:06 jcamins_away :)
13:06 jcamins_away paul_p: what would you think of marking the Harley patches "RESOLVED-WONTFIX"?
13:07 jcamins_away They're cluttering up the "Patch doesn't apply" search, and I think it's safe to say no one is going to rebase them.
13:08 kf +1
13:08 paul_p jcamins_away +1. But i've suggested to mark "reso-wontfix" old does not apply or failed QA patches, some months ago, and got what I understand as a "no" from the community. I'm very uncomfortable with this "no", as I agree with you that we should not have patches "does not apply" pending for years
13:08 paul_p jcamins_away are you really away ?
13:08 paul_p ;-)
13:08 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
13:08 jcamins For example, bug 5193.
13:08 kf I think if it's new features
13:08 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5193 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, jwagner, Patch doesn't apply , Add specialized auction indexes and search options to Advanced Search
13:08 kf wontfix is ok for now
13:08 kf or we could just remove the status
13:08 kf that's perhaps better
13:09 kf there are no patches attached anyway and the repository is out of date
13:09 jcamins kf: some of them have patches.
13:09 kf hmm
13:09 marcelr +1 for wontfix
13:10 kf I am one of the opponents of wontfix for enhancement requests and feature ideas - but I think in this case I agree
13:12 * jcamins is going to make the change. If anyone objects they can unclose them.
13:12 marcelr :-)
13:16 marcelr quite long
13:17 marcelr np
13:20 oleonard joined #koha
13:20 oleonard Hello #koha
13:20 marcelr hi oleonard
13:21 paul_p good morning oleonard
13:22 schuster joined #koha
13:23 jcamins Done.
13:23 marcelr jcamins++
13:25 jcamins And there are only eleven bugs with patches where I couldn't figure out what the status was.
13:25 oleonard jcamins was on a tear yesterday
13:25 jcamins paul_p: could you please take a look at bug 5575 and decide what the status of those patches is?
13:25 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5575 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, paul.poulain, NEW , 3.4 BibLibre circ & members improvements
13:25 jcamins oleonard: yeah, sorry about the 200+ e-mails.
13:26 jcamins I hope you use gmail or another threaded e-mail reader!
13:26 magnuse jcamins++
13:26 oleonard jcamins: No problem, since at the end there wasn't an email saying, "Oops, sorry I mistakenly changed the status on 100 bugs, I'll change them back now" ;)
13:26 hdl paul_p is in a meeting.
13:27 janPasi Could my software error be due to some package/library/perl-thingy missing from the system?
13:27 janPasi or could it be caused by the database being on a different server?
13:28 schuster jcamins - the cookies were good everyone liked them almost too much!  Thanks for the recipe!  I had made them look like half circles so they came out as heart shaped!
13:29 jcamins hdl: in that case, I hereby nominate *you* to look at bug 5575. :)
13:29 jcamins schuster: glad to hear it! :)
13:29 janPasi I'm lost...
13:30 hdl jcamins: paul_p i think decided to mark it as wontfix...
13:31 marcelr there is not much fixing here anymore ;)
13:31 jcamins hdl: we can wait for paul_p, if you're not sure.
13:31 kf janPasi: for missing packages you can check the about page
13:31 kf janPasi: if something is read there it might be a clue
13:33 oleonard marcelr: I can sign off on the first patch on Bug 5877, but since I submitted a follow-up myself I don't know if that gets us anywhere
13:33 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5877 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Needs Signoff , Offline circulation improvements : upload all files, apply at once
13:33 hdl jcamins: I am /quite/ sure of this, in fact.
13:33 jcamins hdl: I will mark it, then.
13:33 marcelr looking at 5877
13:33 janPasi I know I'm missing DG, Graphics::Magis and DBD:Sqlite2
13:33 janPasi intentionally, but that shouldn't be a problem
13:34 janPasi all the other perl-modules are there
13:34 kf hm don't know what dg is, the other 2 shouldn't be a problem
13:34 janPasi I thought maybe it was something unlisted
13:34 janPasi like about page doesnt list UNIX::Syslog, though it is required
13:34 kf have you checked the release notes for new dependencies?
13:34 jcamins GD.
13:34 marcelr oleonard: if you signoff, we will get a step further
13:35 jcamins But that's nto required either.
13:35 jcamins *not
13:35 janPasi I thought GD was optional?
13:35 jcamins janPasi: it is. I was clarifying for kf.
13:35 kf still no idea :)
13:35 jcamins You definitely don't need it.
13:35 jcamins janPasi: apparently it didn't really clarify much, though.
13:35 jcamins ;)
13:35 janPasi :D
13:36 magnuse janPasi: you could also try the script as described here:[…]bian;hb=HEAD#l325
13:36 janPasi I also have memcached module installed
13:36 jcamins marcelr: why was bug 6536 set back to ASSIGNED?
13:36 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6536 enhancement, P3, ---,, ASSIGNED , Z3950 Enhancements: SRU targets, MARC conversion, additional XSLT processing
13:36 janPasi and memcached compiled, but not in use
13:37 janPasi could that be the problem?
13:37 jcamins janPasi: probably not.
13:37 janPasi I've ran, and it seems to be satisfied
13:38 janPasi I did that when installing Koha
13:39 janPasi [Mon Feb 13 15:37:44 2012] UNIVERSAL->import is deprecated and will be removed in a future perl at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5​.12.3/Memoize/ line 6
13:39 janPasi it says that
13:39 jcamins hdl: while I have you, what's the status of bug 4857?
13:39 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4857 critical, P5 - low, ---, henridamien, ASSIGNED , consideration of Planning categories with authorised values
13:39 janPasi and the names of the 3 missing modules
13:40 jcamins janPasi: based on the errors you listed, I think it's a Zebra config issue.
13:40 janPasi Could problems with Zebra really effect checkins/checkouts and that king of stuff
13:40 janPasi the search does work in this system :D
13:41 janPasi that kind of stuff even :D
13:41 marcelr jcamins: 6536 is waiting for jonathan druart to look at xslt file for marc->unimarc
13:41 jcamins marcelr: I see.
13:43 janPasi the Zebra config is pretty much the way it is "out of the box"
13:43 janPasi nothing's been done with it
13:44 jcamins janPasi: odd. That's what I conclude from the rebuild_zebra error, though.
13:45 janPasi the grs.marcxml.record thingy?
13:45 edveal-away joined #koha
13:45 jcamins Right.
13:46 jcamins Down to six Without a patch-related status.
13:49 jcamins marcelr: wouldn't 6536 be an improvement even if the MARC21->UNIMARC transformation isn't perfect?
13:49 marcelr i think i should change it
13:50 marcelr but is was a good idea :-)
13:50 marcelr the patch i mean
13:50 talljoy joined #koha
13:50 paul_p jcamins++ (lot of bugzilla traffic today !)
13:51 jcamins marcelr: yeah, it looked very intriguing.
13:51 janPasi well... I'll try tinkering with Zebra tomorrow
13:51 janPasi thanks guys
13:52 jcamins paul_p: bug 4857 and 6536 are the only two with patches without patch-related statuses.
13:52 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4857 critical, P5 - low, ---, henridamien, ASSIGNED , consideration of Planning categories with authorised values
13:55 * jcamins would like to look at 6536, if he has a chance.
13:55 edveal-away is now known as edveal
13:55 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #622: STILL UNSTABLE in 53 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/622/
13:55 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 7345: Enable exporting records sans private fields
13:55 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7392: Add system preference to define export options in OPAC
13:55 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7392: Follow-up
13:55 jenkins_koha * 7392 Followup on pref description
13:55 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: bug 7345 tiny change = replacing () by --
13:55 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7345 DBrev numbering
13:55 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7345 enhancement, P3, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Should be possible to export MARC records without private fields
13:55 jenkins_koha * 7392 last follow up
13:55 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7392 enhancement, P3, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Add system preference to configure export options for OPAC detail page
13:55 hdl bug 6536
13:55 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6536 enhancement, P3, ---,, ASSIGNED , Z3950 Enhancements: SRU targets, MARC conversion, additional XSLT processing
13:57 collum left #koha
14:00 ago43 joined #koha
14:00 collum joined #koha
14:01 kf oleonard++ for testing bug 5877
14:01 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5877 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Needs Signoff , Offline circulation improvements : upload all files, apply at once
14:02 marcelr oleonard++
14:03 jcamins paul_p: sorry, I missed the "Failed QA" step on that one. I corrected it.
14:03 paul_p back from my meeting
14:03 oleonard "The Harley integration project has been stalled for some time." Ha, that's an understatement :)
14:04 jcamins oleonard: the bugs were cluttering up my reports.
14:04 oleonard I think it would be worthwhile to change such things to "NEW" if they look like they contain good ideas.
14:05 jcamins oleonard: if you do that, obsolete the patches.
14:05 * oleonard agrees
14:08 kf yeah, that makes sense
14:09 * jcamins just spent hours making sure there were no bugs with patches set as NEW, ASSIGNED, or REOPENED.
14:09 oleonard jcamins++
14:09 marcelr jcamins++
14:09 oleonard I just don't want to be around when you crash from that caffeine high!
14:10 jcamins lol
14:10 kf lol
14:17 jenkins_koha Starting build #623 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #612 10 j ago)
14:17 jcamins paul_p: only one of the patches shouldn't be applied.
14:18 jcamins Two of them worked fine.
14:18 jcamins So I signed off on them.
14:19 paul_p oups... seems I missed something (that's the problem with patches having 168 comments...)
14:19 jcamins (bug 5327)
14:19 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5327 major, P3, ---, sam-sanders, ASSIGNED , Unit tests required for all C4 modules
14:19 jcamins Ignore the first one (Added unit tests for C4/
14:20 paul_p jcamins see[…]g.cgi?id=5327#c68 and c69 for my comments about those 2
14:20 jcamins The other two can be pushed.
14:21 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_5327' <[…]a1a9f6025e900df3a> / Bug 5327 : Removing a broken test <[…]3073dbdc919e4ce7a>
14:21 huginn` Bug 5327: major, P3, ---, sam-sanders, ASSIGNED , Unit tests required for all C4 modules
14:21 jcamins Hrm.
14:21 jcamins All tests passed with those two applied for me.
14:24 jcamins Okay, heading out now.
14:24 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
14:25 oleonard Aaaand... he passed out. I hope onto a pillow.
14:27 NateCurulla joined #koha
14:29 wizzyrea joined #koha
14:34 oleonard Hi wizzyrea. You gettin' snowed on?
14:34 nengard joined #koha
14:38 oleonard Should Koha have an UPGRADE file to go along with the INSTALL file?
14:41 oleonard Do we have upgrade instructions published somewhere?
14:41 marcelr left #koha
14:43 magnuse oleonard: in the INSTALL.* files?
14:44 oleonard Of course, thanks magnuse
14:45 magnuse np
14:52 paul_p oleonard++ (for bug 5877 signoffed)
14:52 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5877 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Needs Signoff , Offline circulation improvements : upload all files, apply at once
14:52 mbalmer left #koha
14:53 wizzyrea yep we're getting snowed on, a little
14:55 maximep joined #koha
14:56 NateCurulla left #koha
15:04 maximep oh man, I did miss some spots in bug 6634 :/
15:05 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6634 critical, P1 - high, ---, koha.sekjal, ASSIGNED , manager_id not populated when paying fines
15:05 maximep there's like 8 subs for paying fines -_-
15:06 magnuse gah, my brain is frozen. where's the part of the intranet that has three tabs for setting things related to patron notices? 1st notice, 2nd notice etc?
15:07 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
15:09 jcamins magnuse: Tools->Notices or Triggers or something like that.
15:09 oleonard Overdue notice/status triggers
15:10 jcamins That's it.
15:10 magnuse thank you oleonard and jcamins - thought i was loosing it there for a minute...
15:11 oleonard Seems like an Admin thing, doesn't it, rather than tools
15:11 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
15:11 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #623: FIXED in 54 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/623/
15:11 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: Bug 5327 : Removing a broken test
15:11 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5327 major, P3, ---, sam-sanders, ASSIGNED , Unit tests required for all C4 modules
15:11 magnuse yup, that's what i was thinking too
15:12 magnuse woohoo \o/ for fixed build!
15:12 * magnuse wanders off
15:12 magnuse is now known as magnus_afk
15:17 druthb joined #koha
15:21 skushner joined #koha
15:28 data_doctor joined #koha
15:28 tcohen joined #koha
15:30 data_doctor data_doctor formerly known as fredpierre
15:30 kf hi fredericd
15:31 kf sorry
15:31 kf I am confused
15:31 kf hi data_doctor
15:31 data_doctor Other Fred from Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library in Ohio U.S.
15:31 data_doctor We have been working through some fines issues here. Turns out a lot of our data got corrupted.
15:32 kf oh
15:32 jcamins There was a bug about that recently, wasn't there?
15:32 kf yep
15:32 kf about the id's in accountlines
15:32 kf and I think there is a script to repair that somewhereon bugzilla
15:33 data_doctor We haven't upgraded from 3.5 to 3.6 yet. We are going to try the script tonight, after we close.
15:33 kf data_doctor: does that fit your problem?
15:33 kf ah ok
15:33 data_doctor Thanks. I think it will work. Basically it renumbers all the accountlines sequentially.
15:33 kf dump your data
15:33 kf :)
15:33 data_doctor Will do! Thanks for the tip. The bug is patched in 3.6, so should be gone after upgrade.
15:34 data_doctor Or we may have a local patch until we can make the shift.
15:34 data_doctor We didn't catch it until 319,000 lines had been written with the same accountno
15:35 data_doctor So paying one fine, or writing off one item would affect several lines in the patron account.
15:35 data_doctor Luckily, you folks have solved it, and we hope to catch up soon!
15:36 data_doctor I will let you know how the script works - tomorrow!
15:38 wizzyrea yay, glad you saw my comment :)
15:38 mveron joined #koha
15:39 data_doctor Koha is getting better and better - I love the new pay fines and partial payments.
15:39 mveron Hi everybody
15:39 data_doctor Hi mveron!
15:39 kf hi mveron
15:40 kf mveron: Have you seen my comment on the xml plugin bug?
15:40 data_doctor bug no?
15:40 kf mveron: you could create a German plugin and link that to the field - this way it will not kill your translations when you update or rerun the translation script
15:40 kf data_doctor: translation issue:)
15:41 data_doctor cool
15:42 NateCurulla joined #koha
15:42 mveron kf: Hmm, I do not (yet) know how I can creat a plug-In. Perl involved? (It's not my mother tongue, I speack merely C++ and PHP)
15:42 mveron KF: Oops, a lot ov English typos, should put my glasses...
15:42 wizzyrea it's ok we speak typo
15:45 mveron kf: My original idea was that the translate script could do first  its stuff as before, then check for language dependent XMLs and copy them to their location as appropriate
15:46 mveron data_doctor: bug 6709
15:46 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6709 normal, P5 - low, ---, frederic, NEW , marc21_field_006.xml and marc21_field_008.xml can't be translated.
15:47 kf mveron: hmm I think the ideal solution would be using a po file
15:47 kf mveron: because translating files is something that not a lot of people can do
15:47 edveal left #koha
15:48 kf mveron: cataloguing has a plugin system - but you would just copy the files from the english plugin and make a german version. plugins are linked to fields using the bibliographic frameworks - administration > bilbiographic frameworks
15:48 kf they are used to autofill fields
15:48 kf when you see ... behind a field in cataloguing, it means a plugin is linked to that field
15:50 edveal joined #koha
15:50 nengard question - when setting the system preference of where to look for the call number can you put two fields in there?  like this: 099ab 086ab -- will that work?
15:50 nengard is there some other symbol I should use other than space?
15:51 jcamins nengard: so far as I know that cn't be done.
15:51 nengard k
15:51 nengard thanks for confirming
15:53 mveron kf: Ok, translated plugin is the better solution for sure. I will dive into the code and try to understand how it works.
15:57 oleonard My list of branches waiting for approval is getting dangerously low! :)
15:57 mveron kf: Other question, regarding the plug-In for field 007 (German). Parts of the text is German, other parts are in English.
15:58 mveron e.g. MAterialtyp: Text. Specific material designation a- Regular print (...) z- Anderer
16:00 julian_m left #koha
16:01 melia joined #koha
16:03 jcamins oleonard: better get to work doing new things!
16:03 mveron kf: ...and this is the question to field 007: It seems, that not every string in was covered by Pootle. It seems that parts of JavaScript were not translated.
16:03 kf mveron: not sure about this plugin - are the string in pootle?
16:04 kf mveron: it sounds like it - there will be something wrong in the markup
16:04 kf so the scripts didn't pick up the strings correctly
16:04 kf could you paste? I am working on something else right now (
16:05 mveron kf: OK, Will do.
16:06 schuster left #koha
16:07 tcohen hi #koha
16:07 tcohen ru  there jcamins
16:07 tcohen ?
16:07 jcamins tcohen: I am.
16:08 tcohen about bug 6193
16:08 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6193 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, tomascohen, In Discussion , Use memcached cache koha-conf.xml configuration variables
16:08 jcamins Yes.
16:08 tcohen I used some debug messages to test it, but removed them from the patch
16:08 jcamins What am I supposed to set in the Apache config?
16:09 sekjal joined #koha
16:09 tcohen SetEnv MEMCACHED_SERVERS ""
16:09 tcohen in both the opac and staff vhosts
16:09 jcamins Okay, I will test.
16:10 tcohen thanks
16:11 pastebot "mveron" at pasted "Parts of Strings not translated in" (53 lines) at
16:13 julian_m joined #koha
16:15 wizzyrea kyle: on bug 7112 - I couldn't ever get the fallback to active currency to work - do you have an example record that you were using?
16:15 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7112 major, P3, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , Having two prices in 020$c causes basket creation to fail from staged marc import
16:16 schuster joined #koha
16:16 schuster @seen slef
16:16 huginn` schuster: slef was last seen in #koha 5 hours, 6 minutes, and 41 seconds ago: <slef> kf: I don't mind attacking its database if that's easier
16:16 kf mveron: I am not sure
16:17 kf mveron: the construct is a bit confusing
16:17 kf mveron: you have to put _() around javascript strings for them to be translated
16:18 kf it might be a problem with the linebreaks here
16:18 kf mveron: I would file a bug
16:20 mveron kf: Oh, I see now that some of the strings inside the JavaScripts are translated. Will try to find a pattern an then file a bug as proposed.
16:21 libsysguy joined #koha
16:21 jcamins tcohen: I can't confirm that memcached is doing anything with the latest patch.
16:21 jcamins tcohen: what is a page that should show memcached usage?
16:21 hdl mveron : _('') is your best bet I guess
16:24 jcamins tcohen: never mind.
16:24 jcamins The frameworks were already cached. ;)
16:25 tcohen i'm sorry, was out
16:25 jcamins tcohen: I answered my own question.
16:25 jcamins Sign off coming soon.
16:25 tcohen i'll look for a tool to report memcached usage
16:25 slef hi schuster
16:25 schuster Hey slef did you get what you needed about Horizon?
16:26 slef schuster: kf says we can access the db, so I guess there's no problem?
16:26 schuster It's been 3 years and LibLime did our migration, but as long as someone has access to the Sybase tables you should be good to go.
16:27 wizzyrea left #koha
16:27 slef cool, thanks. You OK otherwise?
16:28 tcohen jcamins++
16:29 druthb left #koha
16:31 NateCurulla left #koha
16:32 jcamins tcohen: I'm a little uncertain about bug 6000.
16:32 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6000 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, paul.poulain, In Discussion , Performance enhancements for C4::Context and C4::Languages
16:32 jcamins I think you are using the incorrect timeout syntax?
16:33 schuster slef you asking if we are OK... HA...  We hope to be even better this summer when we move to some new hardware and a new version of Koha...  from Harley 3.2
16:35 nengard jquery question - would it be possible on the stage marc import form to force utf-8 to be the chosen encoding using jquery?
16:35 hdl tcohen: the memcached protocol is quite straight forward. but you can take a look at :
16:35 hdl nengard: quick answer is yes.
16:36 nengard thanks hdl :) anyone have a longer (aka do it for me) answer? :)
16:36 oleonard I can take a look nengard
16:37 nengard you rock!!
16:38 reiveune bye
16:38 reiveune left #koha
16:39 kf nengard: utf-8 is default now in 3.6.3
16:39 kf preselected
16:39 kf are you looking at an older version?
16:39 oleonard nengard: Try this: $("#processfile #encoding").val("utf8");
16:40 nengard trying
16:40 nengard kf - yes older version
16:40 jcamins nengard: encourage them to update, if the version predates my encoding patch.
16:41 schuster slef wow...
16:41 slef schuster: who said co-ops are dull...
16:42 matts left #koha
16:43 schuster Little behind - congrats to bywater on getting Kyle Hall on board!
16:44 edveal Anybody know a way to hide the Street number form the "Your Personal Data" page in the opac. I have used the following  jQury $("#streetnumber").parent().hide(); and every time I do it hides all three address fields, streetnumber, address and address2 not just the first street number block.
16:45 nengard left #koha
16:45 oleonard edveal: You don't need the "parent()" part
16:45 jwagner edveal, try $("#opac-userupdate #streetnumber").remove();
16:46 edveal Yep I was doing that as you were typing...
16:46 edveal LOL
16:46 edveal This works $("#streetnumber").hide();
16:48 nengard joined #koha
16:48 julian_m left #koha
16:59 kf bye all :)
16:59 kf left #koha
17:00 khan joined #koha
17:01 khan hi all
17:02 mveron bye all
17:02 mveron left #koha
17:04 khan I have enabled icu indexing but i found an error while rebuilding zebra
17:04 khan [warn] previous transaction didn't reach commit
17:04 jcamins khan: there will be an earlier error message.
17:05 khan 0089f000-008a2000 rw-p 00000000 00:00 0  00904000-00907000 r-xp 00000000 08:06 731617     /lib/ 00907000-00908000 r--p 00002000 08:06 731617     /lib/ 00908000-00909000 rw-p 00003000 08:06 731617     /lib/ 0093d000-009fa000 r-xp 00000000 08:06 840237     /usr/lib/ 009fa000-009fb000
17:05 sophie_m left #koha
17:07 khan root@tls-laptop:/usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools# ./ -b -r 22:05:49-13/02 zebraidx(6906) [warn] Unknown register type: 0 22:05:49-13/02 zebraidx(6906) [warn] Unknown register type: n 22:05:49-13/02 zebraidx(6906) [warn] Unknown register type: d 22:05:49-13/02 zebraidx(6906) [warn] Unknown register type: y *** stack smashing detected ***: ze
17:10 khan complete message is at
17:11 jcamins Yikes!
17:11 nengard i know there is a bug for this - but can't find it - what is the bug number for deleting the bib record after the last item is deleted using the batch item delete
17:11 jcamins That's bad.
17:11 nengard nevermind!
17:11 nengard[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6027
17:11 huginn` Bug 6027: enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, matthias.meusburger, Failed QA , Delete biblios if deleting all their items in batch deletion
17:14 luisb joined #koha
17:14 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6838: Add pagination and filtering on subscriptions table <[…]8efe373a62eda198e> / Fix for Bug 5280 - Fix password field so that the password is masked as it is entered <[…]42b7f4307cd2a4370> / Bug 6634 manager_id and itemnumber not populated when paying
17:14 jcamins Looks like a problem in Zebra... I don't have any advice, sorry.
17:17 jenkins_koha Starting build #624 for job Koha_master (previous build: FIXED)
17:17 chris_n khan: looks like it might be a problem with the default.idx file being present rather than the ???? one
17:18 tcohen jcamins, bug 6000
17:18 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6000 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, paul.poulain, In Discussion , Performance enhancements for C4::Context and C4::Languages
17:18 chris_n I would assume the unknown one would be the one that the koha installer installs
17:18 khan i have added index: icu.idx in zebra-biblios.cfg file
17:18 tcohen i just rebased against 6193
17:18 * chris_n is quoting from google btw
17:21 nengard is now known as nengard_lunch
17:24 jcamins tcohen: I was talking about the cache invalidation patch.
17:24 jcamins bug 7432.
17:24 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7432 critical, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Signed Off , Changing frameworks should refresh cache
17:26 cait joined #koha
17:28 cait hi again #koha :)
17:29 tcohen i haven't worked on that patch yet
17:29 tcohen it is a patch for memoize::memcached
17:31 jcamins tcohen: you have to adjust the way the timeout is set. See bug 7432.
17:31 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7432 critical, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Signed Off , Changing frameworks should refresh cache
17:32 tcohen i read it
17:32 jcamins Okay.
17:33 tcohen the problem with 6000 is that it proposes to catch preferences
17:33 tcohen i'll check 6193 for that bug in the way we set timeout
17:37 jcamins Thanks.
17:41 juan_sieira joined #koha
17:43 jcamins I probably should've checked 6193, but I just thought of it.
17:45 oleonard "Your branch and 'origin/master' have diverged, and have 1 and 1282 different commit(s) each, respectively." Yeah, I guess I was discouraged about that one.
17:45 jcamins oleonard: yikes!
17:45 jcamins What bug was that?
17:46 oleonard Bug 6178
17:46 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6178 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , tag cloud diff depends on where you click
17:46 jcamins Oh, tag clouds. I don't use them.
17:46 * oleonard always regrets trying to decipher the tags code
17:46 jcamins lol
17:46 jcamins ^^ that would be why.
17:49 oleonard Rebased without conflict. Because /no one/ wants to touch the damn tags code
17:50 jcamins Can you blame us?
17:51 cait heh
17:55 tcohen jcamins
17:55 sekjal I've been thinking about dumping the tags into a MARC field to make searching easier
17:55 tcohen I'll send a new version of the patch you just signed
17:55 tcohen so that we set that 10' lifetime
17:55 hdl sekjal: we too.
17:55 jcamins tcohen: okay, I'll sign off again, then.
17:56 jcamins :)
17:56 tcohen ls
17:56 hdl But would mean reindex biblio as soon as one is updating tag...
17:56 jcamins sekjal: that seems like a good idea, at least in theory.
17:56 hdl And this sounded really heavy processing.
17:56 jcamins sekjal: but does anyone actually *use* tags?
17:56 sekjal jcamins: good question
17:57 sekjal hdl: do you see a lot of tags usage on your libraries' sites?
17:57 hdl erm.... well please define lot of tags usage ?
17:58 sekjal hdl:  greater than 10% of circulation volume
17:58 sekjal for any given time period
17:58 jcamins hdl: "more than one person using tags at a given library"?
17:58 * jcamins sets the bar low.
17:58 jcamins ;)
17:58 wizzyrea joined #koha
17:59 hdl 10% of circulation volume ? No. Never. Ever.
17:59 sekjal since circulation actions still trigger a reindex, I would think that would be a good benchmark for any non-cataloguing reindex action
17:59 nengard_lunch is now known as nengard_dentist
18:00 nengard_dentist left #koha
18:00 tcohen jcamins, i cannot find the expire_timeout spec in memoize::memcached or cache::memcached
18:00 sekjal including tags could be done the same way as including items, so we don't have to process MARC and MARCXML each time we add/update a tag
18:00 tcohen i'm a bit confused
18:00 jcamins tcohen: I don't know how it works either.
18:01 jcamins tcohen: but I can confirm bug 7345 works.
18:01 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7345 enhancement, P3, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Should be possible to export MARC records without private fields
18:01 jcamins No.
18:01 jcamins Bug 7234
18:01 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7234 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, NEW , koha-common Debian package should include koha-sites.conf
18:01 jcamins No.
18:01 jcamins Whichever bug I said earlier. ;)
18:01 tcohen bug 7432
18:01 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7432 critical, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Signed Off , Changing frameworks should refresh cache
18:01 jcamins That's the one.
18:01 jcamins :)
18:04 tcohen found it jcamins, thanks
18:08 paul_p éok, time to go back home for me. won't be on the internet tomorrow
18:09 jcamins paul_p: how will you survive?!?
18:10 khan left #koha
18:11 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #624: SUCCESS in 54 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/624/
18:11 jenkins_koha * maxime.pelletier: Bug 6634 manager_id and itemnumber not populated when paying fines
18:11 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 5280 - Fix password field so that the password is masked as it is entered
18:11 jenkins_koha * julian.maurice: Bug 6838: Add pagination and filtering on subscriptions table
18:11 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6634 critical, P1 - high, ---, koha.sekjal, ASSIGNED , manager_id not populated when paying fines
18:11 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5280 enhancement, P4, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Fix password field in so that the password is masked as it is entered
18:11 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6838 enhancement, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Master , Filtering and pagination in subscriptions table
18:12 paul_p left #koha
18:12 talljoy is now known as talljoy_lunch
18:14 jcamins Would anyone else find a LimitToUser syspref useful?
18:15 jcamins I need the ability to make it so that users can only see their own records.
18:16 sekjal jcamins:  their own patron records?
18:16 jcamins Bib records.
18:16 sekjal how does a user 'own' a bib record?
18:17 jcamins sekjal: in this particular case, by creating it.
18:17 hdl left #koha
18:18 jcamins sekjal: there's an easy way for me to handle this, and a hard way, with the hard way involving an actual syspref.
18:18 wizzyrea left #koha
18:18 hankbank joined #koha
18:18 sekjal jcamins: you'd need some kind of mechanism to transfer ownership to others
18:18 jcamins The easy way is just with Apache rules.
18:18 jcamins sekjal: yeah, it's stored in 583$k.
18:19 sekjal is that 583$k mapped to a DB field?
18:19 jcamins Nope.
18:19 jcamins I'm doing it through Zebra.
18:19 jcamins I'm pretty sure this requirement is very specific to me.
18:19 sekjal OPAC, staff client, or both?
18:20 jcamins Both.
18:20 sekjal having the ownership info in MARC only will make it harder to control access to these biblios, since the record will need to be parsed before it can know whether to display or not
18:21 wizzyrea joined #koha
18:21 sekjal and there are a lot of places where at least some of the biblio information could be pulled in
18:21 mbalmer_ joined #koha
18:22 jcamins sekjal: right, but this isn't answering my question, which was: does anyone else care at all about this?
18:22 mbalmer_ n'evening
18:22 sekjal jcamins:  not precisely as you're describing it, but I have wanted a way to filter out some records to some people some of the time.
18:23 sekjal so my friends and I could use the same union catalog, say, without having to share that one or two of us own the Twilight Saga
18:23 sekjal (not I)
18:23 * jcamins interprets this to mean "in order to meet my needs, the development would be much, much larger than you're willing to do."
18:23 sekjal jcamins:  yeah, I think that's what I'm saying
18:23 sekjal sorry
18:23 jcamins :)
18:23 jcamins Thanks.
18:23 jcamins That's what I figured.
18:25 juan_sieira left #koha
18:32 edveal is now known as edveal-lunch
18:35 rangi Morning
18:36 jcamins Morning.
18:37 oleonard Hi rangi
18:44 jcamins ...
18:44 jcamins Yikes.
18:44 jcamins Folks, I have crossed a threshold.
18:45 jcamins A rather grim one.
18:45 jcamins I know the Z39.50 completeness attributes.
18:46 rangi Heh
18:46 * jcamins runs screaming into the...
18:46 jcamins middle of the day.
18:47 talljoy_lunch is now known as talljoy
18:48 jcamins 6=1? 6=2? 6=3? Makes sense to me.
18:48 jcamins Weird.
18:48 jcamins Is 3.6.x broken?
18:49 jcamins No, data issue.
18:49 jcamins (I got that same error about '' being an invalid tag)
18:50 jcamins (and since that was just reported, I was briefly concerned that it wasn't just data)
18:51 tcohen hi rangi
18:54 cait morning rangi
18:54 jcamins Hey, someone remind me how to check for superlibrarian privileges?
18:54 jcamins Or somewhere I could find an example?
18:55 nengard joined #koha
18:56 tcohen jcamins: u mean checking its userflags or testing features that r exclusive to superlibrarian?
18:57 jcamins tcohen: I mean I want to find out if the currently logged in user is a superlibrarian, and I don't remember how to.
18:58 jcamins C4::Context->userenv->{flags} % 2 == 1?
18:58 cait hmm
18:58 * jcamins sees why he couldn't remember that.
18:58 cait there is a check
18:58 cait in something I did
18:58 cait let me find it for you
18:58 sekjal bitwise AND
18:59 jcamins sekjal: that's equivalent to C4::Context->userenv->{flags} & 1.
19:00 tcohen left #koha
19:00 cait $userenv->{'flags'} & 1
19:01 jcamins Can I just say, that particular construction does not make the code easy to read.
19:02 cait yes, it's confusing
19:03 jcamins I bet no one ever noticed that it's hard to understand before I pointed it out, too. :P
19:13 rangi it should be a sub hidden somewhere
19:14 rangi $borrower->is_superlibrarian
19:14 jcamins That's a good idea.
19:14 rangi then it would only have to be changed in one place
19:15 sekjal the permissions system definitely needs a re-unification, and perhaps overhaul
19:16 data_doctor left #koha
19:16 data_doctor joined #koha
19:26 edveal-lunch is now known as edveal
19:32 francharb see ya
19:32 francharb left #koha
19:34 jcamins There's no way to include a custom JS *file* on every page on the OPAC, is there?
19:35 cait hm
19:35 cait opacuserjs?
19:35 cait oh a file
19:36 oleonard You could do it a hackish way jcamins
19:36 jcamins oleonard: a <script> tag in the footer?
19:36 cait script tag in opacusercss?
19:37 oleonard Put the closing <script> tag in either opacuserjs or opacusercss, embed your file, then re-open
19:37 cait @wunder Konstanz
19:37 huginn` cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is -5.9�C (8:29 PM CET on February 13, 2012). Conditions: Light Snow. Humidity: 83%. Dew Point: -8.0�C. Windchill: -6.0�C. Pressure: 30.22 in 1023.2 hPa (Steady).
19:37 jcamins Ooh, clever.
19:38 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "Before we had intranetusercss" (13 lines) at
19:39 jcamins Well, color me glad not to have had to deal with that.
19:41 jcamins Time to build new packages.
19:42 * jcamins forgot how to update the changelog.
19:42 jcamins Again.
19:42 rangi dch -i
19:42 jcamins Thanks.
19:47 jcamins Heading home.
19:47 jcamins Might be back later.
19:47 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
19:56 * oleonard is confounded by this SQL conundrum
19:59 cait which?
20:00 oleonard Well, now that I try to compose my question I'm thinking it can't be done in SQL
20:00 oleonard to improve the tag cloud it should show all tags, but also be able to show which tags match your tags
20:01 oleonard The tags_approval table has all the approved tags, the tags_all table has each tag along with the borrower number of the submitter
20:01 cait why should it not be possible?
20:01 oleonard If I join them I get dupes (potentially a lot)
20:01 cait you can do it I think
20:02 cait ok, what do you want your result table to look like?
20:02 cait meh I have no tags
20:03 cait a list of all tags
20:03 cait and a column marking which the patron did?
20:04 oleonard Yes
20:05 sekjal SELECT term, borrowernumber FROM tags_approval LEFT JOIN tags_all USING (term) WHERE borrowernumber = ?
20:05 sekjal perhaps
20:06 cait yeah; I always forget how the different joins are called
20:06 mbalmer_ left #koha
20:06 cait but you can do it on the all and show null or the borrowrenumber for the matching
20:07 oleonard sekjal: Would that exclude tags which the logged-in user hadn't submitted?
20:07 sekjal oleonard:  hmm... it might
20:07 sekjal (no data available right now for me to test)
20:07 cait hm didn't you want all but being able to tell which belong to the submitter?
20:07 oleonard Yes
20:09 paul_p joined #koha
20:09 sekjal perhaps a UNION?
20:10 cait hm no not a union
20:11 cait meh
20:11 * cait grabs her sql book
20:13 rangi hmm i think there is a bug in getlanguage
20:14 cait left join perhaps
20:14 cait rangi: I am not surprised :
20:16 rangi its that stupid browser thing again
20:16 rangi it will override the syspref
20:16 rangi if i set only de .. turn english off
20:16 rangi but my browser says english, it overrides the syspref and shows me english
20:17 kathryn joined #koha
20:17 rangi then it checks says thats not in the syspref
20:17 rangi and then defaults to english anyway
20:17 rangi its only a bug with english
20:18 rangi im sure i protested that stupid use the browser setting thing going back in?
20:18 cait hm yes
20:18 sekjal bug 7445
20:18 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7445 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Clicking on a tag gives "Language ... does not exist"
20:18 cait and I told you we kind of need it :(
20:18 cait I was wron gsaying different before
20:18 cait because
20:18 cait if you have a german browser... and german patrons
20:18 cait you want them to see a german opac
20:19 cait and without browser detection and a way to select a default language in koha... it just does not work
20:19 cait so
20:19 cait can now someone tell me where the stupid bug in my sql is?
20:21 rangi why dont they just select the language at the bottom to set the cookie?
20:21 rangi because this is shit
20:21 rangi and doesnt work
20:21 oleonard I wondering if I'm approaching it the right way? Perhaps there's a way in Perl to merge the result sets...
20:21 collum oleonard: SELECT tags_approval.term, tags_all.borrowernumber FROM tags_approval LEFT JOIN tags_all on (tags_all.term = tags_approval.term)
20:22 collum I'm going by sekjal's query above.
20:22 collum I don't have access to the data either.
20:22 collum You may have to do a distinct(tags_approval.term)
20:23 rangi sekjal: thats actually unrelated to this
20:23 sekjal rangi:  oh
20:23 rangi this is just the browser setting totally overriding any syspref you might have set
20:24 rangi if the browser is set to english
20:24 cait collum: no, duplicats
20:24 cait :(
20:24 cait I added data to test now
20:24 cait I know that this works, only have to figure out how
20:24 cait rangi: because you want them to see the opac in their normal language
20:24 rangi no i dont
20:25 cait you don#t want users to see an english opac
20:25 cait yes
20:25 cait but others don't
20:25 rangi yes, thats why i set the syspref to no english templates
20:25 rangi it should obey
20:25 rangi that
20:25 rangi or why have it?
20:25 cait yeah
20:25 cait but we want english and german
20:25 cait but german the one to show up
20:25 rangi yes, but your implementation should not break it for everyone else
20:25 cait and then foreign students can go and select english
20:26 cait now it's my implementation?
20:26 aarkerio joined #koha
20:26 cait I never even touched that code
20:26 rangi the real fix then is to implement a default choice
20:26 * cait goes to play with swl
20:26 rangi you are defending it
20:26 cait sql even
20:26 cait I said we need a default choice before we can take out browser detection
20:26 rangi not reimplement a feature that was broken and removed on purpose
20:27 cait and working browser detection falling back to english and only using activated languages would be kinda nice
20:27 rangi it cant fall back to english and only use activated languages, if english isnt an activated language, thats the whole problem we have now
20:29 jwagner left #koha
20:32 cait oleonard: still around?
20:32 oleonard Yes
20:32 cait I think i got it working
20:32 cait
20:33 Space_Librarian joined #koha
20:33 cait hi Space_Librarian
20:33 Space_Librarian hi cait
20:34 cait rangi: ok, I see
20:34 oleonard cait++
20:34 oleonard That looks like it's working great, thank you!
20:35 cait you are welcome
20:39 cait oleonard: the only problem is, I always forget the syntax. I know it's possible and then I have to start looking it up all over again. meh.
20:43 rangi[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3754
20:43 huginn` Bug 3754: normal, P5 - low, ---, henridamien, ASSIGNED , Language detection doesn't take really care of syspref
20:48 aarkerio hi! what is  "Koha full call number" ?
20:49 * oleonard hopes he can remember where he left off come tomorrow morning
20:49 oleonard See ya #koha
20:49 oleonard left #koha
20:49 talljoy is now known as talljoy_away
20:50 jcamins_away aarkerio: that would be the full call number of the item.
20:51 aarkerio jcamins_away, there is a doc or url can I check to see the details? I googled unsucessfuly
20:51 jcamins_away documentation?
20:51 wahanui documentation is at
20:51 jcamins_away ^^ I'd look there.
20:52 jcamins_away However, we should start elsewhere.
20:52 jcamins_away the first question?
20:52 wahanui it has been said that the first question is "What are you trying to do?"
20:52 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
20:54 alaquerre joined #koha
20:55 alaquerre Hi everyone, Question for you : Is there a way to not send any email to the user after his suggestion is approved or rejected ? Can't find any sys. pref on that...
20:56 cait delete the mail templates
20:56 cait there currently is no system preference
20:56 alaquerre Ok
20:56 cait but I think if you delete the templates in tools > notices that might work
20:56 alaquerre ok thanks!
21:03 ago43 is now known as ago43_away
21:05 collum left #koha
21:05 wizzyrea left #koha
21:09 alaquerre left #koha
21:15 talljoy_away is now known as talljoy
21:20 skushner left #koha
21:26 sekjal left #koha
21:27 data_doctor Well, if you are all going home...
21:28 cait left #koha
21:28 data_doctor Great day on Koha. I'm trying to get the patron's barcode to show up on when they log in to mobile koha.
21:28 data_doctor There's a nice plug-in for jquery.
21:29 data_doctor Generates barcodes very quickly. Patron could be searched by name, but this could be fun for mobile users.
21:29 jcamins paul_p: I do not. I will try again.
21:29 jcamins paul_p: you pushed the English first, right?
21:30 paul_p jcamins yep. And the "advertise" one
21:30 * jcamins will try fixing it.
21:31 jcamins Hm.
21:31 jcamins That's weird.
21:32 jcamins Same problem.
21:32 jcamins Okay, I'll reattach.
21:33 jcamins Later.
21:38 jcamins paul_p: the first two can be pushed without the two follow-ups, though.
21:38 paul_p what's the problem with those patches ?
21:38 jcamins I have no idea.
21:39 jcamins And it's been eight hours since I had a very small breakfast, so I'm not in a state to fix them, either.
21:55 paul_p mailbox down-ed to 82 mails pending. and it's 11PM, so time to go to bed !
21:55 paul_p bye #koha !
22:00 nengard left #koha
22:01 talljoy is now known as talljoy_carpool
22:02 data_doctor see ya!
22:03 data_doctor left #koha
22:03 ago43_away is now known as ago43
22:09 magnus_afk g'night #koha
22:09 magnus_afk is now known as magnus_away
22:12 schuster left #koha
22:14 wizzyrea joined #koha
22:17 paul_p left #koha
22:20 Phlunk3 joined #koha
22:21 Phlunk3 hi, with the stocktake tool, is it possible to import a list of items and mark them if seen, however skipping those which are currently on loan? When I choose the checkbox "Skip copies on loan" on this page it is still returning them all which leads me to rolling back the database each time. I presume I misunderstand the screen and the skip items on loan is for something else?
22:22 eythian is there a useful description in the help for the page?
22:23 eythian slef: totally missed that bug of yours! Guess I shoulda checked first.
22:25 libsysguy left #koha
22:25 Phlunk3 help page explains what the skip copies on loan was for (for making a list not loading one). But question still remains (I think feature doesnt exist but wanted to check), can I load a list of items into the stocktaking system, have it mark the inventory date as chosen but not return them all (leave them checked out).
22:27 Phlunk3 its just for a small school library, they did a stocktake at the end of last year, then forgot to load it into the system I guess. Now they have students with books out and still want to complete their stocktake.
22:28 eythian I thought that was what that option was for, tbh. But I've never used it in anger.
22:29 Phlunk3 yeah, seems likely that option is just for the export part of the system. No worries, I'll presume that the functionality doesnt exist at this time.
22:31 talljoy_carpool is now known as talljoy
22:32 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
22:35 maximep left #koha
23:38 Phlunk3 I have been asked to look at the feasibility of updating the last seen date on items manually with a mysql query, can someone point me to where that data is held?
23:40 wizzyrea items.datelastseen perhaps?
23:40 * wizzyrea consulted the schema
23:40 wizzyrea schema?
23:40 wahanui well, schema is tracked in git. or found at
23:40 ago43 is now known as ago43_away
23:42 talljoy left #koha
23:42 Phlunk3 thx wahanui
23:48 NateC joined #koha
23:53 BobB_ joined #koha
23:55 Irma left #koha
23:57 BobB left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary