IRC log for #koha, 2011-11-30

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 wizzyrea[…]8&feature=related damn you.
00:05 maximep left #koha
00:17 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
00:24 aogle left #koha
00:53 Irma left #koha
00:55 NateC left #koha
00:55 NateC joined #koha
01:04 Irma joined #koha
01:08 NateC left #koha
01:39 NateC joined #koha
01:44 melia left #koha
01:45 nengard joined #koha
01:49 NateC left #koha
01:54 sekjal left #koha
02:13 jenkins_koha Starting build 6 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE)
02:20 talljoy left #koha
02:42 rangi another 2.2.9
02:42 rangi i installed 2.2.9 .. then i used my slate to write some notes, while ugg hunted bison
02:42 chrisdothall hahaha
02:43 wizzyrea waht is with all of the 2.2.9 stuff?
02:43 rangi it appears india have stumbled onto the windows download page
02:44 rangi its a pretty crazily bad idea
02:44 wizzyrea umya
02:46 jcamins_away rangi: apparently Delnet is pushing 2.2.9 pretty hard.
02:46 rangi ahhh
02:46 rangi that explains it
02:46 jcamins_away Someone should send them a cluebat.
02:46 wizzyrea amit said something on facebook about it
02:46 rangi yeah
02:46 jcamins_away Along with an arm to bludgeon them with it.
02:46 rangi they arent doing their members any favours
02:46 wizzyrea or indradg - can't remember which
02:47 jcamins_away indradg is the one who told me.
02:47 rangi i think indradg
02:47 wizzyrea must have been him then.
02:47 * wizzyrea doesn't have faebook open at the mo
02:48 jcamins_away wizzyrea's in a dangerously magical mood.
02:48 wizzyrea O.O
02:49 jcamins_away If you don't watch out, she'll grammar you!
02:49 jcamins_away :P
02:49 ago43 left #koha
02:50 wizzyrea keke
02:55 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #6: STILL UNSTABLE in 41 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]job/Koha_3.6.x/6/
02:55 jenkins_koha f.demians: 3.6.1 Translation Update
02:57 Oak joined #koha
02:57 Oak kia ora #koha
02:57 Oak how do we pronounce Kete?
02:58 jcamins_away Kete.
02:58 jcamins_away :P
02:58 wizzyrea keh teh, or kitteh
02:58 Oak like cait?
02:58 Oak ah
02:58 wizzyrea someoe can correct me if that's wront
02:58 Oak good. and what about "Horowhenua"
02:58 wizzyrea wrong
02:58 rangi 2 secs
02:59 * wizzyrea has listened to jransom say it a zillion times, and I still can't get it right (kete)
02:59 rangi[…]ronunciation.html
02:59 jcamins_away wizzyrea: well, at least you're honest about how we pronounce it. ;)
02:59 rangi you click on the letters to hear
03:00 rangi if you pronounce the vowels as if they were spanish
03:00 rangi or italian, or japanese
03:00 rangi you are right
03:00 rangi if they have a macron
03:00 rangi its a long sound
03:00 Oak oh thanks.
03:00 rangi roll the r
03:01 wizzyrea based on that, it sounds to me like "keh teh" (now, that's with a regionless midwestern dialec)
03:01 wizzyrea (dialect, even)
03:01 rangi http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]ua-td3229083.html
03:01 Oak Horowhenua = Horo-new-a ?
03:02 Oak oh cool
03:02 rangi horo fen u a
03:02 rangi ho ro fen u a
03:02 Oak thank you rangi  :)
03:02 Oak and wizzyrea :)
03:02 wizzyrea ho ro fen oo ah, for the midwesterners :)
03:02 rangi :)
03:03 wizzyrea I suspect that your boot an my boot sound different ;)
03:03 rangi probably :)
03:04 rangi
03:04 rangi[…]w&feature=related
03:04 * Oak memorizes the pronunciation for the presentation, bookmarks the links, and goes back to sleep
03:05 rangi[…]E&feature=related
03:05 rangi theres nothing you cant find on the internet
03:05 wizzyrea is so true
03:06 wizzyrea wh I totally get.
03:06 rangi[…]k&feature=related
03:06 rangi one for spud
03:07 wizzyrea hehe@
03:07 wizzyrea !
03:08 aarkerio joined #koha
03:35 AmitG joined #koha
03:38 F3RHD joined #koha
03:39 wizzyrea left #koha
03:40 AmitG heya rangi
03:40 F3RHD ey aarkerio you there
03:49 Phlunk3 left #koha
03:51 nengard left #koha
03:53 trea left #koha
04:01 Oak left #koha
04:07 schuster left #koha
04:17 aarkerio left #koha
04:18 aarkerio joined #koha
04:43 kathryn_ joined #koha
04:43 kathryn_ left #koha
04:57 kathryn left #koha
05:01 aarkerio left #koha
05:07 Oak joined #koha
05:07 Oak kia ora #koha
05:07 Oak :-)
05:24 mtj left #koha
05:33 huginn left #koha
05:34 huginn joined #koha
05:42 F3RHD left #koha
05:44 Oak left #koha
05:45 cait joined #koha
05:45 cait morning #koha
06:10 Judit joined #koha
06:10 Judit left #koha
06:24 hdl joined #koha
06:27 indradg joined #koha
06:46 indradg left #koha
06:46 indradg joined #koha
06:50 sophie_m joined #koha
06:50 hdl left #koha
07:07 rangi evening
07:09 cait evening rangi
07:20 Oak joined #koha
07:21 Oak oh good, cait still at home
07:21 cait hehe yes
07:21 Oak kia ora #koha
07:21 cait but only for another 25 mins
07:21 Oak ah
07:21 cait morning mr Oak
07:21 Oak morning miss cait :)
07:31 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6935] SYStem preference XISBNDailyLimit preference text error <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6935>
07:34 reiveune joined #koha
07:34 reiveune hello
07:34 wahanui bonjour, reiveune
07:35 Oak hello reiveune :)
07:35 alex_a1 joined #koha
07:35 cait hi reiveune and alex_a :)
07:35 alex_a1 left #koha
07:35 alex_a1 joined #koha
07:35 reiveune hi cait, everybody
07:36 alex_a1 left #koha
07:36 alex_a1 joined #koha
07:42 alex_a left #koha
07:44 cait @wunder Konstanz
07:44 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 1.0�C (8:39 AM CET on November 30, 2011). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 97%. Dew Point: 1.0�C. Windchill: 1.0�C. Pressure: 30.40 in 1029.3 hPa (Rising).
07:44 cait bbiab
07:45 cait left #koha
07:51 matts_away is now known as matts
07:52 magnus_away is now known as magnus_afk
07:52 magnus_afk is now known as magnuse
07:52 magnuse kia ora #koha
07:55 julian_m joined #koha
07:55 Oak magnuse
07:55 magnuse Oak
07:56 julian_m hi
07:56 wahanui hey, julian_m
07:56 julian_m hi wahanui
07:56 wahanui hi, julian_m
08:08 kf joined #koha
08:08 magnuse guten morgen kf
08:08 kf god morgen magnuse :)
08:11 asaurat joined #koha
08:15 kf guten morgen asaurat
08:16 asaurat kf: guten morgen!! :)
08:16 kf :)
08:16 asaurat wie geht es dir ??
08:18 kf gut :) und dir?
08:19 asaurat sehr gut, danke =)
08:20 kf :)
08:21 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:26 indradg left #koha
08:29 kf hi gaetan_B
08:29 gaetan_B hello !
08:29 Oak hello !! gaetan_B
08:31 francharb joined #koha
08:31 kf bonjour francharb :)
08:31 francharb hi kf !
08:31 gaetan_B i can't remember wether i have already introduced myself here so far ? i came to ask questions a couple times already : i'm a new project manager at biblibre
08:31 Oak gaetan_B, introduce yourself again please :)
08:32 magnuse welcome gaetan_B!
08:32 gaetan_B :)
08:32 kf welcome :)
08:33 gaetan_B Oak: ah not much else to say about me i'm afraid, i've studied library and information science, and then was in charge of a very small library, and here i am working on Koha with you !
08:33 kf :)
08:33 Oak cool :)
08:33 magnuse now that's what i call a career! ;-)
08:33 Oak true
08:34 Guillaume1 joined #koha
08:34 kf heh
08:37 kf @later tell wizzyrea can you please add teh koha-translate mailing list to[…]a-mailing-lists/?
08:37 huginn kf: The operation succeeded.
09:01 paul_p joined #koha
09:01 paul_p good morning #koha
09:02 kf good morning paul_p
09:05 Guillaume1 left #koha
09:06 kf magnuse++
09:07 magnuse yay!
09:07 magnuse kia ora paul_p
09:07 paul_p hi magnuse
09:07 paul_p kf why ++ ?
09:07 paul_p magnuse, when do you plan the next GBSD ?
09:08 paul_p BibLibre next friday is planned to be one.
09:08 kf paul_p: ah, he did me a favor :)
09:09 magnuse hm, i have challenged kf to suggest a date, but she has not done it ;-)
09:09 kf ah right
09:09 kf I had asekd the @eightball
09:09 kf what about next wednesday?
09:10 kf we had talked about switching days around
09:10 magnuse December 7?
09:10 kf perhaps alternating between firday and another day
09:10 kf hm
09:10 magnuse there's the irc meeting
09:10 kf or make it 6th
09:10 magnuse and i will be travelling
09:10 kf ah
09:10 kf right
09:10 kf santa gbsd? :)
09:11 magnuse but gbsd should not relay on my availability
09:11 kf is it good or bad to have it on the same day as the irc meeting?
09:11 magnuse but i would like try another day than friday for a change
09:11 magnuse dunno
09:11 magnuse could be good perhaps?
09:11 kf we could perhaps grab some of the people from the meeting and make them wrangling bugs :)
09:12 magnuse yeah, my thought too
09:12 kf so you will not be available for the meeting?
09:12 magnuse well, some of it maybe
09:12 magnuse i have a plane leaving at 8pm, and i think the meeting starts at 7pm?
09:13 magnuse so i'll just be hanging around the gate for part of it anyway
09:14 magnuse i think 7th is worth a try
09:15 magnuse and there is always the "in the timezone of your choice" bit ;-)
09:16 Guillaume1 joined #koha
09:17 magnuse dowe have an agreement on the 7th?
09:17 kf no disagreement I think
09:17 kf paul_p: ?
09:19 paul_p mmm... moving the GBSSD to the 7th... it's a little bit too late for us: ppl have planned things on 7th.
09:20 magnuse i don't think the gbsd necessarily has to align with the biblibre day, though...
09:21 paul_p maybe we will have our day on 2nd, and you organise GBSD for 7th.
09:22 paul_p agreed with you. was discussing with clrh, and 7th is clearly not a possible day for us (except for me, as i'm dedicating half time, so i'll be available to test/push)
09:23 magnuse yay
09:23 magnuse i think that sounds like a plan
09:27 magnuse so maybe we should decide on one in january too? to avoid these short notices?
09:27 magnuse paul_p: have you set a date for january yet?
09:29 kf magnuse++ :)
09:32 paul_p magnuse, we have automatically the 1st friday set. But we can alway change. it's just that 2 days before, it's hard.
09:32 magnuse yeah, completely inderstandable!
09:32 magnuse s/ind/und/
09:33 magnuse my fault for not organizing a date earlier
09:33 magnuse so first friday in january is... 6th?
09:34 paul_p for january, choose any date, it will be OK
09:34 magnuse yeah, lokks like it
09:34 magnuse kf: what do you think about friday 6th january?
09:34 paul_p magnuse, yikes... 6th is a bad date for us. Unlucky man...
09:34 paul_p oups, no, made a mistakte, it's OK
09:34 paul_p (was 6th december that was impossible)
09:35 magnuse :-)
09:35 paul_p jan 6th is the date already booked in our agendas
09:35 magnuse cool
09:35 magnuse unless kf objects real soon i think we will nail that date
09:35 kf hehe
09:35 paul_p (only the 3 is already impossible for us)
09:35 kf was making tea
09:35 kf yeah, sounds good to me
09:35 kf should be back from xmas vacationb y then
09:37 magnuse yay
09:37 magnuse i'll create wiki pages and send an email
09:39 lastnode left #koha
09:40 kf magnuse++ again :)
09:40 kf glad huginn is back :)
09:40 magnuse yay
09:41 paul_p (testing huginn) heading to bug 7141 to do some tests...
09:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7141 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, fcapovilla, ASSIGNED , The biblio details page in the intranet doesn't work if XSLT is activated and the xsl file contains "&nbsp;"
09:42 paul_p thx huginn !
09:45 Oak left #koha
10:05 paul_p just for fun = we've just recieved a mail saying a library agrees with our recent proposal to switch to Koha (made 2 weeks ago). What's fun ? the 1st contact with this library was ... in october ... 2005 !!! not kidding ! 6 years to choose their new ILS...
10:06 magnuse well, at least they made the right decision ;-)
10:06 paul_p will this be beaten one day ?
10:06 paul_p magnuse, right !
10:06 paul_p (and it's a small library 30k books only)
10:06 magnuse will they want the koha version they looked at 6 years ago, or a current version? ;-)
10:34 Irma left #koha
10:35 Irma joined #koha
10:38 kf heh
10:39 kf at least the proposal is up to date :)
11:20 ropuch_ Hello #koha
11:20 matts is now known as matts_away
11:20 kf hi ropuch_ :)
11:21 ropuch_ Hi kf [;
11:22 kf how's things
11:22 kf ?
11:23 ropuch_ Good :)
11:23 ropuch_ How about you?
11:23 kf busy
11:23 kf but overall good :)
11:56 AmitG left #koha
12:03 gaetan_B left #koha
12:11 Irma left #koha
12:12 gaetan_B joined #koha
12:19 jwagner joined #koha
12:23 gaetan_B left #koha
12:59 trea joined #koha
13:00 matts_away is now known as matts
13:04 gaetan_B joined #koha
13:14 JesseM joined #koha
13:20 trea left #koha
13:20 sekjal joined #koha
13:21 NateC joined #koha
13:22 talljoy joined #koha
13:25 Schwitzd joined #koha
13:25 Schwitzd Hi to everybody!
13:25 Schwitzd I have a question about the login page
13:26 Schwitzd I want to modify the text but I not able to find the right page
13:26 jwagner Schwitzd, staff or OPAC login?
13:26 Schwitzd OPAC
13:26 paul_p left #koha
13:28 jwagner You can modify the text with a jquery statement -- there's an example in oleonard's post here
13:28 paul_p joined #koha
13:28 paul_p hello back (why my xchat has been closed silently ???)
13:29 jwagner That's done through a syspref setting, which is easier/safer than modifying code directly.
13:29 jwagner paul_p, maybe it wants a vacation?
13:29 paul_p jwagner, maybe, but it will have to wait for 3 weeks ;-)
13:29 schuster joined #koha
13:29 jwagner I'm going to be forced to take a vacation before the end of the year.  How terrible :-)
13:30 schuster Good for you!
13:30 jwagner (Use-or-lose leave time)
13:30 kf Schwitzd: you can find examples for jquery in the wiki.
13:31 Schwitzd kf: thanks I'm reading :)
13:34 schuster where is the zebra.cfg file located?
13:34 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7279] intranet print.css width settings causing 'squashing' of columns <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7279>
13:34 kf schuster: what are you trying to do?
13:35 schuster I tried to reindex last night and received some errors.  One of them was to adjust the limits in the zebra.cfg...
13:35 schuster The first was mf_write dict-b no more space - but there is plenty of space on the server so something isn't right.
13:36 schuster The second error was autohrities/shadow max 1073741824 used 1073739392 available 2432
13:37 schuster Then the third was the zebra.cfg limits
13:39 kf it depends a bit on your installation type
13:39 kf for a dev install the file should be somewhere in the koha-dev folder
13:41 kf paul_p++
13:42 paul_p kf, did I make you a favour like magnuse ?
13:42 paul_p ;-)
13:42 kf yep
13:42 kf the sip thing
13:42 kf are you complaining about getting good karma? :)
13:43 paul_p not complaining. I never complain !!! :D :D :D
13:44 ago43 joined #koha
13:46 kf heh
13:47 kf hi ago43
13:47 kf :)
13:47 kf hm
13:47 kf library wants me to treat the first 5xx field appearing in the code different than the second...
13:47 kf trying to wrap my head around that (xslt)
13:47 ago43 good morning!
13:48 kf jcamins_away: ?
13:49 kf I think it's perhaps possible... but I get a feeling that it will fail for something else then
13:52 sekjal which do y'all think would be a more valuable facet to add to search results?  item type, or material type as per the MARC leader?
13:52 Schwitzd kf: sorry but I don't understood with jquery
13:53 Schwitzd kf: you know in with page are written this information?
13:54 schuster sekjal - item type is not part of the leader is it?  just material type?
13:55 sekjal schuster:  item type is user-defined, and stored in 942$c or 952$y.  material type is the AACR2 value in the leader
13:55 sekjal at least how I mean it
13:55 sekjal a cataloger may be able to better clarify
13:55 sekjal from my experience, MARC leader data is... iffy.  Item types are usually more reliable, because the library defines them, and they have to be explicitly set when cataloging/migrating
13:57 Schwitzd jwagner: you know in with page are written these informations?
13:58 jwagner Schwitzd, do you mean jquery?  It's not a page, it's a way to use a command to modify the display text.
13:58 paul_p kf, if you want/can test patch for 7272, feel free !
13:58 trea joined #koha
13:59 maximep joined #koha
13:59 Schwitzd jwagner: nono not jquery
13:59 schuster sekjal - that's what I was thinking too - but with possibly 20 items on a particular record how would you decide on one for the facet?
13:59 Schwitzd the .tt page where are written these information
14:02 sekjal paul_p:  I believe we did the database update suggested for bug 7272, and it cleared up our issue.
14:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7272 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , Fix for Bug 6328 causes user accounts to be frozen (SIP2)
14:02 sekjal another confirmation would be appreciated, though
14:02 paul_p kf, if you want to confirm ...
14:06 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 2629] Diacritics not being ignored when searching <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2629> / [Bug 7272] Fix for Bug 6328 causes user accounts to be frozen (SIP2) <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7272>
14:22 Schwitzd left #koha
14:28 jwagner Has anyone noticed a problem in the last few days with Amazon dust jackets?  Some are displaying so the link works, but a lot of titles that used to display now aren't.
14:28 jwagner Has Amazon been mucking about with their database again?
14:29 magnuse @later tell wizzyrea re: gamification - seen lemon tree?[…]/proj11_lemon.php
14:29 huginn magnuse: The operation succeeded.
14:30 sekjal jwagner:  haven't noticed anything yet, myself
14:30 jwagner I have a site reporting a problem just within the past day or two.  Maybe keep an eye out for it....
14:36 trea left #koha
14:37 trea joined #koha
14:39 sekjal jwagner: thanks for the heads up; we'll keep our eyes open
14:39 rhcl_away So, uh, who created Koha 2.2.9 for Windows XP?
14:39 rhcl_away is now known as rhcl
14:46 oleonard joined #koha
14:48 oleonard Hi #koha
14:54 magnuse rhcl: i guess it was more cross platform back then?
14:56 trea left #koha
14:56 sekjal rhcl: fewer Perl deps in those days, and no Zebra to factor in
15:00 * oleonard had a report of Amazon covers not showing up just yesterday. Some show, some don't.
15:02 jwagner oleonard, sounds like the same problem w/Amazon -- some show, some don't
15:03 rhcl Well, that version has quite a record of longevity--staying power.
15:03 magnuse it sure does
15:04 magnuse would be so interesting to see a pie chart of koha versions actually running somwhere
15:05 rhcl google could probably come up with the data
15:06 magnuse yeah, or at least be a help
15:08 kf paul_p: I can't test - that's the problem
15:08 kf paul_p: 7272
15:09 magnuse bug 7272
15:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7272 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , Fix for Bug 6328 causes user accounts to be frozen (SIP2)
15:09 kf and my coworker has too much to do right now, perhaps libsysguy can, he ran into it yesterday
15:13 * oleonard will say again that it's probably time to ditch all Amazon integration in Koha
15:13 * magnuse ends to agree with oleonard
15:13 magnuse s/ends/tends/
15:15 jcamins_away oleonard: isn't all the Amazon integration broken anyway?
15:16 oleonard Cover images are the only thing not broken, and it's starting to look like they're breaking now too
15:16 oleonard ...if intermittently
15:16 * oleonard is bothered by the fact that the word "mitten" is inside "intermittent"
15:17 magnuse lol
15:18 jcamins_away oleonard: So, cover images are broken interglovely
15:18 kf oleonard++ for ditching
15:18 oleonard If anything is intermittent, it's a glove. A mitten is continuous.
15:18 chris_n ditching++
15:19 kf our libraries use it... but it opens a can of worms... because of privacy
15:19 kf because amazon can see your ip address... and such
15:19 bag left #koha
15:19 bg joined #koha
15:20 oleonard kf: That will be true of any external source for cover images won't it?
15:20 kf yep
15:20 kf I am very frustrated right now about privacy things... please don't ask
15:20 * oleonard discovers there's a city in Ohio called "Washington Court House"
15:21 bg is now known as bag
15:22 rhcl s/amazon/?????
15:23 oleonard s/?/???
15:23 jcamins_away Why do cats like my jacket so much?
15:23 trea joined #koha
15:24 jcamins_away The cat (not mine) just hopped onto the chair next to me, and is staring at me.
15:24 rhcl my TS people are reporting borkened images here too
15:24 magnuse jcamins_away: 'cause it's made from catnip?
15:24 jcamins_away magnuse: maybe so.
15:24 rhcl jacnip?
15:24 jcamins_away The cat is now sitting across the table from me, winning a staring contest with the window.
15:26 jcamins_away chris_n: brave!
15:37 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
15:44 paul_p hi jcamins & rhcl & other ppl that just wake up !
15:44 bag hi there paul_p
15:44 jcamins Hello.
15:45 kf tuesday++
15:45 kf um
15:45 kf tuesday-- tuesday--
15:46 jcamins Heh.
15:46 kf ok, today is wednesday... wednesday--
15:46 kf doesn't make a lot of difference
15:46 paul_p kf, which day is worth a ++ ? friday ?
15:47 kf no, only having a bad week so far
15:47 kf we will see about friday
15:47 jcamins saturday++
15:52 magnuse holiday is worth a ++ in my book
15:54 chris_n everyday++
15:54 * chris_n hands paul_p a cup of espresso
15:58 paul_p hi chris_n (thx but I don't drink coffee -don't like it-. Just finished some chocolate with nuts though ;-) )
15:58 kf chocolate...
15:58 wahanui chocolate is finite, we ate it all :)
15:59 kf wahanui!
15:59 wahanui i am a repository of important and useful and accurate information or at least partially slow.
16:00 chris_n wahanui: chocolate is the most wonderful thing among food
16:00 wahanui ...but chocolate is finite, we ate it all :)...
16:01 chris_n ouch
16:01 chris_n wahanui is selfish
16:01 chris_n paul_p: this is a stimulating conversation, but I'd love to hear others chime in
16:02 paul_p chris_n, yep, that's also why i've said in my last mail "let's continue on koha-devel"
16:02 chris_n incidentally, my mother has never drunk coffee, but makes the best pot of coffee I've ever had :-)
16:04 Guillaume1 left #koha
16:05 chris_n paul_p: so what is the hangup with hourly loans?
16:05 kf I think it waits for another sign-off
16:06 kf bug 5549
16:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5549 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED , Hourly Loans
16:06 * chris_n looks
16:07 kf circ is a critical module - I think we need more people looking at it
16:07 kf a system preference with a different setting can sometimes change a lot
16:07 kf and this changes a lot
16:08 * chris_n is hoping to upgrade his production system over the holiday break
16:08 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7270] Removing double itemtype on shelve contents page when no icon is shown <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7270>
16:09 chris_n I may try to put hourly loans into production and test it that way
16:09 jcamins chris_n++
16:09 magnuse chris_n++
16:09 chris_n circulating reference items will be easer that way
16:10 chris_n easier, even
16:10 chris_n and course related resources
16:11 kf you might get a lot of pain with rebasing
16:11 kf and it changes a lot in the database
16:12 chris_n paul_p: any chance those patches for bug 7167 could be squashed to one for easy pulling with git bz?
16:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7167 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , updatedatabase improvements
16:12 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'new/bug_6328' <[…]f10881366cc55b2ae> / Bug 7272 setting NULL to debarred field, to avoid having 0000-00-00 <[…]bb86cdee7d2ce0177>
16:12 chris_n kf: I expect a bunch of data issues as we are some where on 3.5.x
16:13 kf yes, but what I mean is
16:13 kf hourly loans
16:13 wahanui hourly loans are indeed on the horizon, that would help you. Patron records can be kept indefinitely (though probably you'd want to archive them periodically
16:13 Johnindy_ joined #koha
16:13 kf changes types
16:13 kf of columns
16:13 kf updates a lot in your existing circulation data
16:13 kf you will have to be careful with that
16:13 jenkins_koha Starting build 543 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #491 1 mo. 12 j ago)
16:13 * chris_n keeps good backups :-)
16:14 kf :)
16:14 chris_n I'll have three weeks to accomplish the feat
16:14 kf can I interest you in backporting a fix for stage_marc-biblios? )
16:14 chris_n bug number?
16:14 kf chris_n, paul_p: not only enhancements require database update, we had bugfixes doing that too
16:14 chris_n right
16:15 paul_p chris_n, jonathan & my patch could be squashed, but as there are 2 different authors, I thought it was better to keep 2. The 3rd one is here for sample only
16:15 jcamins chris_n: libsysguy regularly rebases hourly loans. Just did it yesterday. He'd be happy to share.
16:15 chris_n a clone of his repo would make switching back if things blew up real easy
16:16 paul_p chris_n & kf, right. But how would be deal with a large ENH, from user pov, that would not be pushed into stable ? (like hourly loans ?)
16:16 paul_p chris_n, how do you decide if something must be ported to stable and what shouldnot ?
16:16 chris_n paul_p: that's why I'm contending for back porting the db improvement
16:17 jcamins chris_n: you may need to walk him through setting up some of that, since he got much of his git instruction from me, but if you send him an e-mail, I am 100% sure he will do everything he can for you.
16:17 paul_p well, in fact, i've nothing against this idea, as the new system would handle this case with ease, it's just that i'm uncomfortable with this "new stuff" being in stable.
16:17 chris_n paul_p: it is a candidate for back porting if  it is not a "new feature" and if it offers a desirable improvement on an existing feature
16:18 paul_p chris_n, gotcha !
16:18 chris_n paul_p: also, if it is an administrative sort of "feature" ie. new scripts, etc
16:18 chris_n ie the user does not "see" it
16:18 jcamins There were a few scripts that had to be added to 3.4 to retroactively fix data errors caused by bugs.
16:18 paul_p (evn if, sometimes, it must be hard to decide it it's a desirable improvement or a real new feature)
16:19 paul_p hourly loans for example ? new feature or desirable improvement ?
16:19 jcamins paul_p: new feature!
16:19 * paul_p think it's debatable for hours...
16:19 jcamins Big change from the user's point of view.
16:19 chris_n well, with my Koha administrator and librarian hat on, it is very desirable
16:19 chris_n but with my Koha Release Maintainer's hat on, it probably won't make the grade
16:20 paul_p well, but the feature for circulation already exist, minor ergonomic change, no change if you don't want to use it...
16:20 paul_p (playing devil advocate here -frenchism suspected-)
16:20 chris_n paul_p: probably the real issue there is the major db schema changes
16:20 chris_n talk about potentially unstable code dumped into the stable branch... :-P
16:21 Johnindy left #koha
16:21 chris_n mucking around with someone's data could be disastrous
16:22 chris_n paul_p: we have devil's advocates in english too ;-)
16:23 paul_p chris_n, let me kiss you :D That was exactly how I thought "stable" should/could be handled, but many disagreed (was for 3.0 release afaik). The more against the idea is no more in the project, and has sell his company to another US company though, so we should not care ;-)
16:23 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Revert "Fix for Bug 6291, Cart printing truncated in Firefox" <[…]ad0f5a2d285d91f77>
16:24 asaurat left #koha
16:24 oleonard Looks like PTFS finally shut down's z3950 server
16:33 kf sorry, had to talk to someone
16:33 kf reading back
16:34 kf chris_n: 7250
16:36 kf so chris_n and paul_p agree now?
16:36 kf :)
16:36 sophie_m left #koha
16:37 paul_p kf, it seems
16:37 chris_n I think so
16:37 kf yay :)
16:38 chris_n I plan to test the db code today/tomorrow and will sign off
16:38 kf paul_p: can/should the fines in days go back? I am still a bit worried about that
16:38 chris_n it should not imho
16:38 paul_p kf what do you mean by 'go back' ? revert ?
16:38 kf no
16:38 kf into 3.6
16:38 chris_n back port
16:38 kf you wrote you only pushed bug fixes so far
16:38 kf but fines in days is debatable imho
16:38 paul_p chris_n, I think it should, as it's a bug !
16:39 kf it changes a lot at api level
16:39 kf which is what gave us so much headache!
16:39 kf still not sure we caught it all
16:39 kf and a lot of changes in the interface
16:39 kf it appears as a new feature there - will confuse librarians
16:39 chris_n so do we do hourly loans already?
16:39 * chris_n is puzzled
16:40 kf chris_n: different feature - fines in days
16:40 sekjal 6328 was pretty huge.
16:40 kf fines in days != hourly loans
16:40 paul_p (here almost all of our libraries have fines in days. That's one of the reason we haven't deployed 3.4)
16:40 paul_p kf++
16:40 jcamins bug 6328
16:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6328 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , Fine in days does not work
16:40 jcamins Ah.
16:40 * chris_n will have to look at the bug
16:40 kf paul_p: I am worried it might be confusing - people don't expect htat much of a change with a minor release update
16:41 paul_p kf, you may be right, that may confuse librarians (ie: debarred becoming a date suddenly...)
16:41 chris_n I am predisposed to back port all bugs and would need strong persuasion not to
16:41 kf and still worried what we might hav emissed
16:41 kf chris_n: it's a bug because it never worked...
16:41 kf meaning
16:41 chris_n ahh
16:41 chris_n a broken "new" feature
16:41 kf you were able to configure fines in days in the circ matrix, but nothing more than that
16:41 paul_p chris_n, => all french libraries, and many european others *need* this feature, that was supposed to be in 3.4 !
16:41 paul_p s/supposed/announced/
16:41 kf paul_p: it was reported it didn't work
16:42 kf the code was not submitted - sorry to say that
16:42 kf I think fines in days is even in 3.2!
16:42 kf the field
16:42 wahanui i heard the field was mandatory or not
16:42 kf only not working
16:42 paul_p (kf maybe you're right for 3.2)
16:42 kf yeah, it is in 3.2
16:42 kf so basically, it hasn't been repaired since release of 3.2
16:43 chris_n maybe this should be written up and posted to the dev list for some discussion
16:43 chris_n paul_p: I'm agree that if we are going to implement the db update enh, we need to do it while the branches are in sync
16:44 kf so perhaps we have to backport fines in days...
16:44 julian_m left #koha
16:44 kf we could make it a system preference
16:44 chris_n which means asap
16:44 paul_p chris_n, about fine in days = maybe also ask koha@ ML
16:44 matts is now known as matts_away
16:44 kf orperhaps we can cover it with one of nicole's videos and release notes
16:44 chris_n agreed
16:44 kf but we should document it's a major change
16:44 kf and I really really hope no more problems appear with it
16:44 kf it also broke tests
16:45 kf I really don't like that bug
16:45 paul_p kf, no (for a syspref to have it or no) ! that would add more risk of instability
16:45 chris_n kf: perhaps a huge, red banner warning when the webinstaller runs for the update :-)
16:45 kf chris_n: hehe yes
16:45 kf paul_p: not instisting on one - although we disagree about sysprefs :)
16:45 chris_n I tend to agree with paul_p on the syspref thought
16:46 kf yeah, I think it's ok
16:46 paul_p kf, my concern here is that it will be *hard* to keep 2 versions of the debarred field behaviour
16:46 kf but we need to document how it works
16:46 chris_n yup
16:46 paul_p agreed.
16:46 paul_p I could write an OOo document about that
16:46 paul_p with some screenshots.
16:46 chris_n kf: would you work up an email to the dev and user list regarding this?
16:47 kf I can't really
16:47 kf I don't understand how it works in parts
16:47 * chris_n either
16:47 chris_n paul_p?
16:47 wahanui paul_p is the 3.8 release manager, and is very tall.
16:47 chris_n hehe
16:47 kf I only made sure it doesn't break things we use .)
16:47 kf paul_p: I think that would be great
16:47 chris_n wahanui: forget paul_p
16:47 wahanui chris_n: I forgot paul_p
16:48 kf paul_p: I never heard about fines in days before seeing your development
16:48 chris_n wahanui: paul_p is the 3.8 release manager, and is very tall, and does not like coffee.
16:48 wahanui OK, chris_n.
16:48 kf paul_p: it's not something we do here at all - might be similar for other places
16:48 chris_n fines in days == debarment rather than $$$?
16:49 kf paul_p: could you plz do a pdf this time too? OOo is a bit hard if you have to use the other thing...
16:49 chris_n lol
16:49 kf chris_n: afaik yes
16:49 chris_n "the other thing..." being M$
16:49 kf yep
16:51 paul_p kf, OK, will do an OOo/PDF document
16:51 kf thx :)
16:51 reiveune bye
16:51 reiveune left #koha
16:51 paul_p chris_n, right. Usual behaviour in academic libraries (and many public) is : "you're 7 days late, you cant check out for 7 days"
16:52 chris_n wow... that hurts
16:52 chris_n especially with papers due, etc...
16:53 * magnuse has never heard of libraries in norway doing that
17:00 chris_n ok, lunch....
17:00 kf people here tend to pay fines if they get to keep the books
17:01 kf especially during exams / end of semester
17:02 schuster so how does the merge feature in 3.4/6 work with those that are hosted?  If you do merges then the hosting company has to reindex everything for you?  Do you do merges once a month or how are you handling that?  Refering to the docs on merge at the end says you must reindex
17:02 oleonard schuster: indexing should be running regularly anyway
17:03 melia joined #koha
17:03 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #543: STILL UNSTABLE in 49 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/543/
17:03 jenkins_koha paul.poulain: Bug 7272 setting NULL to debarred field, to avoid having 0000-00-00
17:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7272 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , Fix for Bug 6328 causes user accounts to be frozen (SIP2)
17:03 jcamins schuster: it calls for a full reindex? That doesn't seem quite right.
17:04 jenkins_koha Starting build 544 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #491 1 mo. 12 j ago)
17:04 schuster Important  It is important to rebuild your zebra index immediately after merging records. If a search is performed for a record which has been deleted Koha will present the patrons with an error in the OPAC.
17:04 schuster That is from the documentation page.
17:07 paul_p chris_n, yep, that hurts. and in France, libraries are complaining their audience is going lower and lower... maybe this explain that... (you don't want me ? OK, I won't annoy you anymore, and never come back)
17:07 oleonard schuster: The same it true for deletions. I don't think it's something to be too worried about
17:08 kf jcamins: seems unlikely the zebraqueue can''t deal with deletes?
17:08 kf scary thought
17:11 jcamins kf: yeah, that doesn't seem right.
17:12 kf I have to leave - and still hoping only the help text is confusing there!
17:12 kf left #koha
17:13 jcamins schuster: I have no explanation.
17:22 paul_p OK, it's time to go back home for me. tomorrow morning meeting in AixMarseille universities, I should be back at 2PM (french time, GMT+1)
17:31 indradg joined #koha
17:32 schuster OK guess I'll have to do some testing thanks
17:37 cait joined #koha
17:38 cait back
17:39 jcamins chris_n: looks like libsysguy has figured out how to share his rebased branches.
17:41 magnuse is now known as magnus_afk
17:45 indradg @seen libsysguy
17:45 huginn indradg: libsysguy was last seen in #koha 23 hours, 7 minutes, and 19 seconds ago: <libsysguy> cait++
17:45 cait hi indradg
17:46 indradg cait, hi :)
17:47 sekjal can anyone currently in chat confirm that UNIMARC also puts item types in 942$c and 952$y like MARC21 does?
17:47 * jcamins can state that he's pretty sure UNIMARC does not, but that's not confirmation.
17:48 jcamins And I'm not an expert.
17:48 jcamins I just recall this being a problem.
17:48 cait sekjal: check the framework files for the mappings?
17:48 sekjal cait: good idea
17:49 sekjal seeing something in there about 995 fields
17:49 sekjal for items
17:49 cait it's what I normally do :)
17:49 jcamins Yeah, 995 sounds right.
17:49 cait yep, but not sure about biblio level things
17:49 paul_p left #koha
17:49 sekjal I'm trying to add Item Type as a Facet in search results
17:50 sekjal I'm pretty sure I can do it for item-level itypes, or for biblio-level itemtypes
17:50 sekjal but not both mixed together
17:50 jcamins sekjal: new index?
17:50 sekjal no, existing
17:51 jcamins sekjal: that was a suggestion.
17:51 sekjal but the way the code is written in C4::Koha::GetFacets
17:51 sekjal while it can take multiple fields
17:51 cait 414 ('200', 'b', 'type de document', '', 1, 1, 'biblioitems.itemtype', 2, 'itemtypes', '', '', 0, 0, '', NULL, '', ''),
17:51 sekjal it doesn't seem to be able to associate those with different subfields
17:51 cait ah
17:51 cait adding new facets is quite easy
17:51 cait I have done that for a curent project
17:52 sekjal you can have 700, 710 and 720, all pulling from 'a'
17:52 sekjal but not 700a, 710b and 720c
17:52 cait ah, but not from different subfields?
17:52 cait but
17:52 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #544: STILL UNSTABLE in 48 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/544/
17:52 jenkins_koha paul.poulain: Revert "Fix for Bug 6291, Cart printing truncated in Firefox"
17:52 sekjal just the way the code is written up
17:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6291 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Cart printing truncated in Firefox
17:52 cait you can put a if (MARC21) in
17:52 cait in
17:52 sekjal cait:  right, I can do it different based on flavour
17:52 cait check of rthe marc flavour, build facets accordingly
17:52 sekjal that's in tehre
17:52 cait does it already do now
17:52 cait ype
17:52 sekjal but within a  flavour
17:52 cait yep
17:52 cait ah
17:52 sekjal item type info is in two places
17:53 cait hm yes
17:53 sekjal 942$c and 952$y in MARC21
17:53 cait you have to check the syspref item_level-itypes too
17:53 cait that's what I would do
17:53 sekjal the project I'm looking at requires mixing and matching
17:53 magnus_afk (normarc does items the same way as marc21, in 952, btw ;-)
17:53 cait not sure mixing and matching always makes sense
17:53 cait wouldn#t for us
17:53 cait we don't use them at all or set all to NORMAL
17:53 sekjal they want item level itypes for records with items, but a fallback to biblio level item types for item-less biblios
17:53 sekjal like serials and electronic materials
17:53 cait you can't do that with indexing
17:54 cait so that will get hard anyway
17:54 chris_n paul_p about?
17:54 cait falling back I mean
17:54 sekjal we've done it
17:54 cait hm.
17:54 chris_n ahh sekjal: have you tested 7167?
17:54 magnus_afk chris_n: paul_p left a little while back
17:54 sekjal the 942$c value gets put into the itype index as well as the itemtype index
17:54 cait yes, but falling back?
17:54 cait you will have both indexed
17:55 jcamins What's the problem you're facing?
17:55 cait I think i am worried about our setups
17:55 cait because we don't use it at all as I said
17:55 cait but can perhaps be worked around.
17:56 sekjal chris_n:  not yet
17:56 chris_n I think I've figured it out :P
17:56 sekjal jcamins:  being able to do item-type limits in search for electronic materials or serials, and still get results, even if there are no item records
17:57 jcamins sekjal: right, and I'm confused about why there's a problem after you added 942$c to the itype index.
17:57 sekjal jcamins:  search is all set now
17:57 sekjal it's facets I need to get working
17:57 sekjal and the GetFacets subroutine is written poorly
17:57 sekjal I can't put different fields+subfields into the same facet
17:57 sekjal different fields, yes, but not subfields
17:57 sekjal they're not associated
17:58 sekjal I mean, I could probably specify multiple subfields
17:58 jcamins sekjal: ah, I thought that Zebra handled faceting.
17:58 sekjal jcamins:  no
17:58 sekjal C4::Koha::GetFacets
17:58 jcamins Oh. Hm.
17:58 sekjal then C4::Search::getRecords builds on that
17:59 jcamins Eww.
17:59 sekjal it's a hot mess
17:59 jcamins Sounds like an overhaul of GetFacets is required, then.
17:59 sekjal yeah
17:59 sekjal which escalates the time necessary to do the work
17:59 jcamins Right.
18:00 sekjal would be easier, probably to just move 942$c to $y
18:00 cait I think starting to rebulid now is not a good time
18:00 sekjal all this will be solved with Solr, I'm sure
18:00 cait perhaps better spend the time to make the configurable facets in the solr branch working for  zebra
18:00 cait yep
18:00 sekjal I was just hoping for something quick I could do to make my library happy
18:01 cait I am facing the same problem with a project now - but didn't run into your problem
18:01 * oleonard is off to the dentist
18:01 oleonard left #koha
18:01 chris_n ich
18:01 * chris_n 's teeth hurt now
18:02 cait hehe
18:07 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7280] Can't place hold without selecting on list <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7280>
18:12 gaetan_B left #koha
18:13 magnus_afk @later tell wizzyrea the MARC flavor of the Libriotech demo listed here: should be normarc, not marc21 kthxbai
18:13 huginn magnus_afk: The operation succeeded.
18:14 Oak joined #koha
18:14 Oak Guten Abend cait :)
18:14 Oak kia ora #koha
18:16 libsysguy joined #koha
18:17 libsysguy afternoon #koha
18:17 rangi morning
18:18 cait morning :)
18:18 libsysguy glad im past the morning
18:18 libsysguy but i guess its thursday for you guys
18:19 cait h libsysguy :)
18:19 libsysguy (and girls)
18:19 libsysguy hi cait
18:19 rangi @wunder wellington nz
18:19 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 13.0�C (7:00 AM NZDT on December 01, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 77%. Dew Point: 9.0�C. Pressure: 30.45 in 1031 hPa (Rising).
18:20 rangi gonna be a nice day
18:21 libsysguy @wunder 75799
18:21 huginn libsysguy: The current temperature in Tyler One Weather, Tyler, Texas is 13.3�C (12:18 PM CST on November 30, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 41%. Dew Point: 0.0�C. Pressure: 30.16 in 1021.2 hPa (Falling).
18:21 libsysguy cool outside
18:22 magnus_afk @wunder boo
18:22 huginn magnus_afk: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 4.0�C (6:50 PM CET on November 30, 2011). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 81%. Dew Point: 1.0�C. Windchill: -3.0�C. Pressure: 29.03 in 983 hPa (Steady).
18:24 chris_n @wunder 28334
18:24 huginn chris_n: The current temperature in Dunn, North Carolina is 11.5�C (1:18 PM EST on November 30, 2011). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 21%. Dew Point: -11.0�C. Pressure: 29.53 in 999.9 hPa (Falling).
18:25 cait @wunder Konstanz
18:25 huginn cait: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 7.0�C (7:00 PM CET on November 30, 2011). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 100%. Dew Point: 7.0�C. Pressure: 30.39 in 1029 hPa (Falling).
18:25 sekjal enhancement idea:  syspref to hide/show patrons that are expired when searching in the staff client
18:25 sekjal worth pursuing, or YASP?
18:26 sekjal YASP is Yet Another System Preference
18:26 rangi I for one dont share peoples irrational fear of choices
18:26 rangi so dont mind more sysprefs
18:27 sekjal is it a good idea, though, hiding expired patrons?  would it create more problems that it, theoretically, solves?
18:28 rangi hmmm potentially if ppl forgot they had it on
18:28 rangi otoh
18:28 rangi the search page could say
18:29 rangi expired patrons not shown
18:29 jcamins What's the problem with showing expired patrons? Librarians are getting excessively long lists?
18:29 sekjal jcamins: I think so, yet
18:29 sekjal ~yes
18:30 sekjal the alternative would be deleting expired patrons
18:30 jcamins In that case, I see no problem with a syspref.
18:30 sekjal but that's kind of excessive... and it's confusing "deletion" with "archiving"
18:30 * jcamins would've thought that most places were batch deleting expired patrons for privacy reasons.
18:30 sekjal the current patron batch deleter only works on last checkout date
18:31 sekjal so any expiry-date based deletions would need to happen manually
18:31 sekjal which, without care, could by-pass the deleted_borrowers table
18:31 sekjal making things inconsistent
18:31 rangi maybe the fix is that then
18:31 rangi changing the batch deletion
18:32 rangi to have a delete expired before some date
18:32 rangi as an option
18:32 sekjal yeah, that's probably the best plan
18:32 sekjal not every library does circ as their primary function
18:32 sekjal especially in a serials/e-resources type environment
18:33 rangi *nod*
18:33 rangi full bus today
18:35 sekjal the more I think about it, the more Borrowers need to become full XML objects like Biblios and Authorities are
18:35 rangi its a sunshine and ddub day
18:35 jcamins Preferably with fewer blobs.
18:35 sekjal everyone wants to record different info, and make that display differently, and search on it differently
18:35 sekjal Patron Frameworks
18:36 sekjal with sub-objects for Addresses, Phone Numbers, and Email Addresses
18:36 chris_n installer's "Select Default Settings" screen needs a "select all" button
18:36 rangi good idea chris_n
18:37 chris_n and installer needs a "restore from backup" options
18:37 chris_n option rather
18:37 jcamins chris_n: packages provide restore from backup.
18:37 chris_n or "load from sql file" option
18:37 rangi easy with packages
18:38 chris_n jcamins: not everyone uses packages
18:38 rangi koha-restore
18:38 jcamins chris_n: I know. I'm telling you anyway.
18:38 rangi they should :)
18:38 * jcamins has drunk the package coolaid.
18:38 jcamins It tasted like coolaid.
18:38 chris_n sadly, what folks should, is often different from what folks do
18:38 rangi but the script is still there as a base
18:39 jcamins With a lot less mess than unpackaged coolaid.
18:39 rangi even without packages
18:39 chris_n coolaid tends to run everywhere when not in a package
18:40 chris_n cool, bug 7167 patches apply clean to 3.6.x
18:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7167 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , updatedatabase improvements
18:41 rangi cool
18:41 chris_n and function as stated
18:41 chris_n very  coool
18:41 chris_n opps
18:41 chris_n coool == cool too
18:42 chris_n slick, nice, and other odd and assorted terms indicating excellence
18:42 lizzy joined #koha
18:43 rangi its lizzy again
18:43 lizzy hmm
18:43 lizzy is now known as wizzyrea
18:43 rangi Hehe
18:43 wizzyrea take that!
18:44 wizzyrea magnus_afk: k
18:44 rangi I hate that band
18:44 * wizzyrea giggles
18:44 cait lol
18:44 cait hi wizzyrea :)
18:44 wizzyrea hey there
18:44 cait I left a note for you ... with huginn...
18:45 wizzyrea i saw it
18:45 wizzyrea :)
18:45 cait pleease? :)
18:45 wizzyrea
18:45 cait I think so
18:45 cait it's on the page
18:45 cait for the biblibre lists
18:45 cait only missing on the front page
18:45 wizzyrea ah ok
18:46 rangi oh
18:46 cait oh?
18:46 rangi I need to do 3.6.1 stats
18:46 rhcl p?
18:47 wizzyrea cait - done
18:47 rangi ok my stop bbiab
18:47 cait thx a lot :)
18:47 cait wizzyrea++
18:49 cait chris_n++
18:50 cait chris_n: you know, laptop at home has linux!
18:51 * chris_n hands cait a penguin
18:51 cait hehe
18:51 cait cute, but I don't have fish?
18:53 * chris_n successfully screws up his repo royally :-(
18:54 cait hm looking at page 4 - will this display not get to be really really confusing?
18:54 cait why not show the last patch successfully applied only?
18:54 jcamins cait: because you might apply patches out of order.
18:55 cait I know
18:55 cait but
18:55 cait then I can check the databse thing
18:55 cait I am only saying it display there, will only blow up the page and make it unreadable
18:56 cait pretty soon
18:56 jcamins cait: I'm not looking at the document. I think I didn't understand what you were asking.
18:56 cait[…]hment.cgi?id=6476
18:56 chris_n cait: it needs a table sorter to be sure
18:56 cait page for
18:56 cait way down
18:56 * chris_n check to see of oleonard is out of the chair yet
18:57 chris_n then one could sort on status
18:57 jcamins cait: oh, in the About page?
18:57 cait and my next question - how are we to find out what stable version someone is running?
18:57 jcamins Yeah, eww.
18:57 jcamins cait: stable versions should be assigned version numbers.
18:57 cait yeah they should
18:57 cait asking if that patch wroks that way :)
18:57 cait think that number should display there
18:57 cait and a link to the overview page
18:57 jcamins Agreed.
18:58 * jcamins nominates cait to offer feedback on the bug.
18:58 cait I saw that coming
18:58 cait ...
18:58 cait can I go to slepe instead?
18:58 jcamins Sure.
18:58 jcamins Just summarize your feedback first. :P
18:58 jcamins On the bug.
18:58 jcamins Or list. :P
18:59 * chris_n groans
18:59 chris_n git has got up and got out
18:59 wizzyrea troubles?
18:59 chris_n only my 5 year old working repo is now throughly busted
19:00 chris_n oh well
19:00 * chris_n needed an excuse to clean house so I suppose this is one
19:00 wizzyrea :(
19:00 cait ok done
19:01 chris_n it appears the indexes are scrambled
19:01 rangi back
19:01 cait jcamins: you have to read it!
19:01 chris_n stupid git
19:01 cait and comment on it. so.
19:01 * cait gives git a cookie
19:01 cait chris_n: be nice to git!
19:02 mtate joined #koha
19:02 tater left #koha
19:03 cait jcamins: and you have to correct me if I didn't make any sense
19:03 jcamins cait: looks good to me.
19:03 jcamins And makes sense.
19:05 * chris_n realizes he was on the wrong page
19:05 chris_n I agree cait
19:06 cait hah! hehe
19:06 chris_n that will definitely not work
19:06 chris_n as is, that is
19:06 chris_n it needs oleonard's touch
19:06 rangi ok
19:06 cait not sure displaying it there and on the other page works well
19:06 chris_n maybe a link to the update page
19:06 chris_n and table sorters there
19:06 cait check my comment ;)
19:07 cait rangi: ok?
19:08 * jcamins leaves it for someone else to respond.
19:08 rangi done
19:13 Oak left #koha
19:14 * wizzyrea is so lost
19:14 rangi ?
19:14 rangi another 4.2 email
19:24 cait chris_n: still around?
19:25 chris_n yup
19:25 chris_n feeding bugzilla
19:25 cait i see it :)
19:25 cait wanted to ask: how will it work
19:25 cait if you have the same update files, in 2 different versions
19:26 cait say you are updating form 3.6 to 3.8
19:26 chris_n well, the old should handle all updates up to and including the one which kicks things over to the new system
19:27 chris_n so there should be no issues going from 3.6 to 3.8 I think
19:27 cait oh
19:27 cait no, that's not what I meant
19:27 cait say the fines in days thing
19:27 cait was an update with the new system
19:27 cait and you backport it
19:27 cait and later people update from that, with the backported change
19:27 cait to the newer stable release, which also has the change
19:28 chris_n the updater should be smart enough to catch that, however, we have that sort of issue at present
19:29 cait hm yes
19:29 cait we have
19:29 chris_n ie, sometimes db updates fail for reasons like duplicate keys where a db update was backported
19:29 cait true
19:29 chris_n and the installer attempt to do it again in the next version series
19:29 chris_n so far as I know they are harmless
19:29 * chris_n could be wrong
19:30 * jcamins thinks that it should be easier to make updates idempotent with the non-linear update mechanism.
19:30 chris_n I'm really only signing off on the functionality of the patch series as advertised
19:30 cait idempotent?
19:30 chris_n if there are outstanding serious issues with the over-all implementation, someone needs to comment to that effect
19:30 cait chris_n: not trying to torture you, only not understanding it totally yet and trying to figure out :)
19:31 chris_n :-)
19:31 gmcharlt cait: idempotent means that if you repeat an operation more than once, nothing changes
19:31 jcamins cait: it can be repeated more than once with no side effects.
19:31 cait thx gmcharlt :)
19:31 jcamins What gmcharlt said.
19:32 rangi i want it to be omnipotent
19:32 rangi so if i run it, it changes everywhere at once
19:32 * rangi doesnt help
19:32 jcamins rangi: vote for me as dictator of the world, and I'll require that it be so. ;)
19:32 rangi heh
19:34 mtj joined #koha
19:40 wizzyrea hmm I rather like limesurvey's site - latest forum posts front and center on the home page, that's rather neat.
19:40 rangi yeah that is kinda cool
19:40 wizzyrea the double column in the single column layout beyond the first post I could do without.
19:41 * cait is too tired to imagine
19:41 wizzyrea that would not be terribly difficult to do
19:41 wizzyrea on our site
19:41 wizzyrea but, would bump news posts even further down
19:41 * wizzyrea will ponder this.
19:45 * chris_n wonders why git am -3 --abort only seems to do a soft reset and then when followed by a hard reset screws up the indexes
19:45 indradg left #koha
19:46 rangi ahh i never hard reset
19:46 rangi do a soft one
19:47 rangi then git stash
19:47 rangi cos then i can get it back
19:47 rangi if i have to
19:48 chris_n the problem arises when doing 'git am -3 *.patch' and several apply but a later one borks
19:48 chris_n doing the abort appears to do a soft reset leaving the earlier patches in place, but uncommitted
19:50 chris_n doing a hard reset should (as I understand it) reset back to HEAD prior to running git am
19:50 chris_n throwing out the changes which are not committed
19:51 chris_n it seems to do this, but it does not appear to reset the index
19:51 chris_n oh well
19:51 jcamins chris_n: git am -3 --abort always leaves me in detached head state.
19:51 jcamins I then have to do git checkout master
19:51 cait ?
19:51 * cait never had to do that
19:51 chris_n weird
19:51 * chris_n either
19:52 cait normally do something like git reset --hard / --soft HEAD^
19:52 cait to revert the last commit, or similar to go back before that
19:52 * cait now wonders if she does it wrong
19:57 trea anyone encountered this error yet in master while trying to check out?
19:57 trea [% UNLESS is_child" %]
19:57 trea er, not that
19:57 trea
19:57 aarkerio joined #koha
19:58 rangi not me
19:58 rangi but its a typo
19:58 rangi get rid of the "
19:58 trea you're saying it should be - [% UNLESS is_child %]
19:58 rangi yup
19:58 trea gotcha
19:59 * wizzyrea is looking at that, but I don't see it in my master...
19:59 wizzyrea maybe pull again?
19:59 rangi yeah me either
20:00 jcamins trea: translation?
20:00 wahanui i heard translation was done through the pref files
20:00 trea confusing?
20:00 wahanui confusing is probably "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"
20:00 jcamins What?!?
20:01 jcamins :)
20:01 trea hehe
20:01 wizzyrea is it a translation issue?
20:01 wizzyrea they're not using EN-GB or something
20:01 ago43 is now known as ago43_lunch
20:01 jcamins What wizzyrea said.
20:01 * wizzyrea imagines that would probably be ludicrous, but has to check
20:01 rhcl left #koha
20:01 trea it's an error on a test install, so i'm inclined to believe that they need to just do another pull
20:02 jcamins wizzyrea: I agree it would be ludicrous, but that's the conclusion I reach, too.
20:02 jcamins trea: probably a good idea.
20:03 jcamins trea: just for fun, run "git status" and see if it locates any changes.
20:04 cait trea: that has been patched
20:04 cait you are probably not on master
20:04 cait was a follow up to the bogus patch
20:04 cait for which I did another follow up
20:04 jcamins Ah.
20:04 jcamins cait has the answer.
20:04 jcamins As usual.
20:04 wizzyrea oh there you have it
20:04 trea awesome
20:04 wizzyrea it was an intermediate thinger :)
20:04 trea cait++
20:04 wizzyrea cait++
20:04 trea that's what i suspected
20:05 cait 5974
20:05 cait 5974
20:05 wizzyrea bug 5974
20:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5974 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Bogus auth check for "StaffMember" role
20:05 cait paul emoved the " in a follow up
20:05 cait not on bugzilla I think
20:05 cait and there are more template issues - my patch fixes them
20:05 cait rangi signed-off this morning :) rangi++
20:05 wizzyrea supergood.
20:06 wizzyrea oh no it's on the bug
20:06 wizzyrea been marked obsolete tho
20:07 jcamins Does that "could not find ParserDetails.ini" error on the list imply that they failed to follow the SAX setup bit.
20:08 cait wizzyrea: ah good, both pushed tomaster though
20:08 cait not sure about 3.6
20:08 rangi i infer from that email, they dont read well
20:09 jcamins rangi: agreed.
20:13 * chris_n zips up the broken repo for posterity and clones up a new one
20:13 jcamins rangi: I think we may have observed this before.
20:13 chris_n *sigh*
20:14 * chris_n wants bad for it to be git's fault
20:15 chris_n but it is probably my own
20:15 ago43_lunch is now known as ago43
20:18 kathryn joined #koha
20:40 Phlunk3 joined #koha
20:47 melia is now known as melia_lunch
20:48 jwagner left #koha
20:53 cait night all :)
20:53 wizzyrea gnite cait
20:53 wizzyrea yes I beat her!
20:53 cait lol
20:53 cait ouch
20:53 cait left #koha
20:53 rangi heh
20:56 wizzyrea not literally!
20:56 wizzyrea sheesh
20:58 jcamins @later tell kf wizzyrea is sorry she bludgeoned your alter-ego. She hopes you won't hold it against her.
20:58 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
20:59 * chris_n arrives at the conclusion that git am stinks
20:59 wizzyrea lol
20:59 chris_n applying multiple patches and having one bork and doing git am -3 --abort leaves your repo in a very unstable state
20:59 rangi ahh
20:59 rangi what i do
20:59 chris_n and the oracles at #git seem to think that's fine
20:59 rangi git checkout -b my_am_branch
21:00 rangi git am blah
21:00 rangi git checkout where_i_came_from
21:00 rangi git branch -D my_am_branch
21:00 * chris_n wonders if he can just 'git stash' and then forget it is there :-)
21:01 rangi i never apply patches or merge or even cherry-pick into my 'clean' branch
21:01 rangi without trying it on a throw away branch first
21:01 chris_n I'm working on an am branch
21:02 rangi cool, if i get a mess, i just throw the branch away and start again, or just git stash and forget it
21:02 chris_n but if you 'git am -3 --abort' you end up with changes which have not been committed; if you then do 'git reset --hard HEAD' you end up with untracked files and a messed up index which haunts you forever
21:02 chris_n :-P
21:02 rangi yeah
21:02 rangi like i said
21:02 rangi i never reset hard
21:02 rangi just stash
21:02 * chris_n will do that from now on
21:06 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
21:09 chris_n git_stash_drop++
21:13 csharp joined #koha
21:17 * chris_n signs off on bug 7167 and head out the door
21:17 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7167 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , updatedatabase improvements
21:19 melia_lunch is now known as melia
21:31 Brooke joined #koha
21:32 Brooke 0/
21:32 collum left #koha
21:47 Brooke left #koha
21:59 tcohen joined #koha
22:00 JesseM left #koha
22:02 francharb good night guys/ladies
22:02 francharb ;)
22:02 francharb left #koha
22:05 BobB joined #koha
22:08 trea left #koha
22:32 Irma joined #koha
22:35 schuster :q
22:36 schuster left #koha
22:37 ago43 left #koha
22:48 tcohen left #koha
22:52 libsysguy left #koha
22:56 Judit joined #koha
23:11 maximep left #koha
23:13 Judit good morning
23:20 aarkerio Judit,  17:18 in Mexico City
23:51 BobB @wunder Sydney, New South Wales
23:51 huginn BobB: The current temperature in Sydney, New South Wales is 17.0�C (10:30 AM EST on December 01, 2011). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 63%. Dew Point: 10.0�C. Pressure: 30.15 in 1021 hPa (Steady).

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary