IRC log for #koha, 2011-09-27

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 * wizzyrea waves to mrfixit
00:01 * mrfixit waves back and hopes he gets the siren back in the right place ;-)
00:02 jcamins_away Great books. :)
00:04 druthb joined #koha
00:04 druthb o/
00:14 mrfixit left #koha
00:20 Judit joined #koha
00:20 Judit good morning
00:34 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.4.x build #49: SUCCESS in 41 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.4.x/49/
00:34 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Release Notes for
00:34 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Updating Version Number to
01:02 trea-away left #koha
01:12 adnc joined #koha
01:25 druthb left #koha
01:31 Irma left #koha
01:41 jransom joined #koha
01:41 jransom hiya all
01:41 jransom frantically trying to remember Robin's handle ...
01:42 eythian I'll let you know if you get it right...
01:42 eythian ...damn, foiled!
01:42 jransom he!
01:42 jransom tere you go
01:42 jransom found ya baby
01:42 * wizzyrea giggles
01:42 wizzyrea hi jo
01:42 eythian hello
01:42 wahanui hi, eythian
01:42 jransom hey that NF sqyou did for me, i just ran it for 18months and it found excatly 10,000 records
01:42 jransom thats kinds weird isn't it
01:42 jransom hiya Liz
01:42 eythian that is a little suspect.
01:43 eythian I think there's a default limit actually
01:43 jransom and  couldn't find a 'limit' statement
01:43 wizzyrea jo saved report?
01:43 jransom yup
01:43 eythian trying sticking "limit 1000000" on to the end of it.
01:43 wizzyrea add a limit 40000 or something on the end
01:43 wizzyrea jinx!
01:43 jransom robin is my slave and makes gorgoeus things for me  like sql reports
01:43 * wizzyrea imagines eythian as your slave
01:43 eythian you make it sound so sordid...
01:43 jransom I know ...
01:43 wizzyrea is it getting hot in here?
01:44 * wizzyrea fans
01:44 eythian * wizzyrea swoons
01:44 jransom who ever imagined 'sql reports' could get thaffect
01:44 eythian haha
01:44 eythian I always knew there was something about them...
01:44 wizzyrea you, dearest, clearly have never seduced a geek ;)
01:44 jransom clearly I have underestimated the value of sql-skills
01:45 * wizzyrea has
01:45 wizzyrea rawr
01:45 jransom lol
01:45 wizzyrea ^.^
01:45 jransom imaginging pillow talk between you and Mr Liz now
01:45 wizzyrea oh 1010011011011
01:45 eythian "SELECT FROM...."
01:45 Judit :)
01:46 Judit omg
01:46 wizzyrea judit: did you get the notify that your weirdness with the logs was fixed as part of another bug?
01:46 jransom there you go - gazillions of results :)
01:46 eythian awesomecross
01:46 jransom its goes on and on and on
01:46 adnc left #koha
01:46 Judit yes, thank you
01:46 eythian yeah, it will :)
01:46 wizzyrea yw :_
01:46 wizzyrea :)
01:46 jransom aon and on
01:47 jransom and on some more
01:47 Judit have you seen that futurama part, where bender the robot has nightmare- he dreams with digit 2
01:47 jransom i quite like Bender
01:47 jransom "Oh Bender - j becuase you have an axe in your head doesn'tmean you can just give up"
01:48 jransom perhaps I like the chick more ...
01:48 eythian Leela?
01:49 Judit so you like a porn and alchohol addicted robot?:)
01:49 jransom eythian: I think you needd to follow me into a provate room
01:50 Judit :D
01:52 jransom whose porn and alcool addcted? the chick or Bender
01:53 jransom alking of which I've just finished Steven Tyler's autobio - very good
01:53 Judit bender
02:00 Judit telstra techinal support is hilarious
02:01 wizzyrea hilarious ha ha or hilarious uh oh
02:01 Judit i want to cry hilarious
02:01 Judit but irma promised chocolate
02:02 Judit they explained me that i cannot have 10.0.x.x ip address because that is for adsl modems not for cable
02:03 eythian what?
02:03 eythian that doesn't make sense.
02:03 Judit oh really
02:04 Judit :)
02:04 Judit ?
02:04 eythian yeah, ADSL and vable typically give your router a real-world IP address. Whatever addressing scheme you use behind that is completely irrelevant to the ISP's network.
02:05 eythian *cable
02:05 wizzyrea ya, 10.'s are private?!
02:05 wizzyrea judit the following site might help you with them:
02:05 wizzyrea that will give you your public IP
02:06 wizzyrea if they are asking for that
02:06 eythian <-- wizzyrea, not that?
02:06 wizzyrea lol WOW
02:06 wizzyrea that is EPIC
02:07 wizzyrea eythian++ that was funny
02:07 wizzyrea that brought the hubs out!
02:07 eythian haha
02:09 wizzyrea icanhazip is erm, more office friendly >.>
02:09 wizzyrea and why does it not surprise me that you have that at your "fingertips"
02:10 eythian I just memorise the whole internet, it's easier that way
02:10 wizzyrea mhm, a likely story
02:11 eythian would this font lie to you?
02:11 talljoy joined #koha
02:11 talljoy left #koha
02:12 Irma joined #koha
02:15 Judit no eythian according to telstra tech support, they own 10.x.x.x
02:15 Judit and i cannot use it only if i have adsl modem
02:15 Judit :D
02:15 eythian I assume you dictated RFC1918 at them then?
02:16 Judit :) no asked for the manager
02:16 eythian probably a good plan too.
02:22 Brooke joined #koha
02:22 Brooke 0/
02:24 Judit1 joined #koha
02:29 Judit2 joined #koha
02:29 Judit left #koha
02:30 Irma left #koha
02:30 Judit1 left #koha
02:37 jransom left #koha
02:40 Irma joined #koha
03:20 Judit2 left #koha
03:25 Judit joined #koha
03:27 Judit left #koha
03:27 Judit joined #koha
03:34 cait joined #koha
03:42 Brooke kia ora cait
03:43 cait Hi Brooke
03:43 cait go to bed? ;)
03:43 Brooke I've got like 20 minutes or so before I turn into a pumpkin ;)
03:47 cait mmmh pumpkin
03:48 Judit bake it!
03:49 Judit i found this recipe:[…]umpkin-bread.html
03:49 Judit :)
03:49 Judit but
03:49 cait oh,that looks yummy
03:50 Judit do you anything about .elm
03:50 Judit
03:50 Judit it doesnt say much on the website
03:51 jransom joined #koha
03:57 eythian Judit: we might be doing something with that in the not-too-distant future.
03:57 eythian As of yet, I know nothing about it though.
03:57 eythian jransom: your thing is done
03:57 eythian (I hope)
03:58 jransom cool - ta
03:59 jransom will run it tomorrow
03:59 cait morning mr robin and jo :)
04:00 jransom at home now in the wops -
04:01 eythian hi cait
04:01 Judit left #koha
04:01 Judit joined #koha
04:02 wajasu joined #koha
04:03 jransom hey Cait
04:03 wajasu finally. i got create-label.pdf to print my unicode foreign chars! hurray for me.
04:03 Brooke :)
04:03 cait :)
04:03 Brooke good on you
04:04 jransom woo hoo
04:04 cait wajasu: how did you do it? changing the code?
04:04 jransom well done
04:04 eythian wajasu: now document what you needed to do somewhere :)
04:04 wajasu yeah.
04:12 wajasu i changed 5 or 6 lines in   to use the simpler API.  and added a call to embed "/usr/share/fonts/TTF/arial.ttf"  Now I see  Jürgen
04:13 eythian <-- relevant in general
04:13 wajasu the 1 label pdf is 19KB.
04:13 cait oh jürgen :)
04:14 Brooke eythian stop looking at my scandalous whispers to Mr. Cormack.
04:14 wajasu i will document it and append it to the bug.  I'll experiment some more, paste findings.  Maybe you can get it in the next release?
04:15 eythian Brooke: hey, if your IRC connection isn't SSL enabled, it's not my fault that you're making everything public.
04:15 Judit hahahaha :)
04:19 Oak joined #koha
04:19 Oak kia ora #koha
04:19 Oak Hello Brooke :-)
04:19 Oak Guten Morgen cait :)
04:19 cait morning Oak
04:25 cait left #koha
04:59 fredericd rangi: thanks for finalizing cleaning up the mess introduced by my bug 6755 patch
04:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6755 major, PATCH-Sent, ---,, ASSIGNED , Problems with switching languages
05:23 rangi no worries, I think its all good now
05:37 Brooke ugh America junior is trailing badly now.
05:41 Brooke and again canucks
05:41 Brooke don't do me like the Scots
05:43 jransom 23 all!
05:44 jransom and the 80th minute rolls over ...
05:53 laurence joined #koha
06:10 alex_away is now known as alex_a
06:10 alex_a hello #koha !
06:10 Brooke hi
06:10 wahanui hello, Brooke
06:11 Brooke left #koha
06:48 francharb joined #koha
06:49 francharb hello all
06:51 jransom left #koha
06:54 paul_p joined #koha
06:54 Oak left #koha
06:58 hdl joined #koha
07:00 jransom joined #koha
07:01 reiveune joined #koha
07:02 matts_away is now known as matts
07:02 reiveune hello
07:04 paul_p good morning world !
07:08 rangi hi reiveune, francharb and paul_p
07:09 reiveune hi rangi
07:09 francharb hi rangi
07:10 paul_p hello rangi. Have you been happy with France<>NZ match ?
07:10 paul_p (I couldn't see it, unfortunatly)
07:12 rangi paul_p: the first half, but we went to sleep a little bit in the 2nd half .. but overall good
07:12 wajasu I'm glad I got the unicode characters showing in my barcode labels.  (i.e with embedded truetype font), but will have to look into how to get more than one line to print in the code.
07:12 rangi i was much more happy with the ireland vs australia game :)
07:15 paul_p rangi, yep, I thought you will be happy with Aussies loosing ;-) It seems we will have "north" all in the higher part of the final round and south in the lower part. At least that mean we should have a final north vs south. I'm not sure at all the north team will be france though...
07:16 Judit left #koha
07:17 rangi hm maybe not argentina might make it into the north half :)
07:19 paul_p right. Didn't you know Argentina is now in the north ? ( ;) )
07:19 rangi hehe
07:19 rangi scotland has to beat england, and beat them well
07:19 rangi which im not sure they can
07:20 paul_p -note I don't want to see argentina in our half, because they've beaten us many times... something like 6 times in the last 8 matches)
07:20 rangi but i think france can beat england
07:21 jransom left #koha
07:25 rangi so i think it will be ireland vs wales, england vs france, south africa vs australia, new zealand vs either scotland or argentina
07:26 rangi nz vs south africa, france vs wales
07:26 rangi nz vs france in the final :)
07:27 rangi which will be a victory for non boring rugby :)
07:29 sophie_m joined #koha
07:33 hdl left #koha
07:34 Guillaume joined #koha
07:34 hdl joined #koha
08:21 paul_p left #koha
08:36 paul_p joined #koha
08:40 Oak joined #koha
08:40 * Oak waves
08:43 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Fix for Bug 6872 - Can't set default SMS messaging options for patron category <[…]38ce0213dfa6119c7>
08:53 jenkins_koha Starting build 447 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
09:16 Oak left #koha
09:23 Judit joined #koha
09:24 Judit left #koha
09:41 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #447: SUCCESS in 48 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/447/
09:41 jenkins_koha oleonard: Fix for Bug 6872 - Can't set default SMS messaging options for patron category
09:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6872 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Can't set default SMS messaging options when defining a patron category
10:25 matts is now known as matts_away
11:05 talljoy joined #koha
11:27 jwagner joined #koha
11:32 lodac left #koha
11:43 collum joined #koha
11:57 nengard joined #koha
12:01 matts_away is now known as matts
12:07 oleonard joined #koha
12:10 NateC joined #koha
12:10 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6925] The way to show the plural of a word is not compatible with multilanguage <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6925>
12:12 sekjal joined #koha
12:14 oleonard Hi sekjal
12:15 gbarniskis joined #koha
12:15 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
12:15 jcamins Good morning, #koha
12:16 gbarniskis morning
12:18 oleonard What is the meaning of this change?[…]928870&oldid=prev
12:19 oleonard Someone is saying the Polish way of saying Koha is KOHA?
12:19 sekjal hi, oleonard
12:19 jcamins oleonard: what?
12:19 jcamins Hm.
12:20 jcamins (now I see it)
12:21 sekjal the Polish are very excited about Koha, and always shout it's name
12:21 gbarniskis me too!
12:23 gbarniskis it seems that to help sign off bugs, I really need a system that has usable data in it, so that realistic transactions can actually occur. suggestions please?
12:25 jcamins gbarniskis: depending on what you're testing, you might be able to get away with just sample data.
12:25 * jcamins has a demo with all the PG records and a handful of UMich records.
12:26 oleonard PG records? What am I, 12?
12:26 gbarniskis hehe
12:27 jcamins oleonard: at twelve I can't say I was reading D.H. Lawrence. :P
12:29 jcamins sekjal: is there a magical combination of sysprefs that hides all items from other branches from the patron on the OPAC, but not the librarian in the staff client?
12:30 sekjal jcamins:  not that I'm aware of...
12:30 jcamins sekjal: ah well.
12:30 gbarniskis if i want to run tests in multiple koha instances like 3.4.x, head, myhacks, qa_NNNN, etc., will I be happy enough with apache virtual hosts, or full isolation in separate debian vms?
12:31 jcamins gbarniskis: you'll be fine with virtual hosts.
12:31 jcamins I didn't learn how to set up virtual hosts until after I set up my testing environments, but that's probably how I'd do it now, if I were to start over.
12:32 gbarniskis cool
12:36 wajasu i am having success using a differnt user (koha344,koha36, ...) with perlbrew each with its own ~/.cpan using cpanminus.
12:36 gbarniskis am I right to think that one git clone and N git branches will manage all that dev workflow at once, if I populate each apache host's running code with something like "rsync mygitclone branchhost/path/to/koha"
12:38 gbarniskis assuming my repos is in the correct state when i rsync that host
12:39 gbarniskis wajasu: i see, I may have to have diff modules for the hosts... thx
12:40 gbarniskis i think that may tip me toward debian vms just to keep it cleaner in that respect
12:41 gbarniskis it's not that much more overhead to me for small numbers of hosts
12:43 * oleonard will be back later
12:43 oleonard left #koha
12:43 Irma left #koha
12:44 wajasu i was even able to download GraphicsMagick (C code) and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that my non pure perl code runs against that specific version. and recompile my personal cpan modules.
12:45 wajasu will be nice to have a working env and switch to newer perl version to see what breaks when people upgrade in the field.
12:47 wajasu i want to run production on a kohauser based on version,and be able to develop on same host, even with new "C" modules without updating my main system tht is running production.
12:49 wajasu but you still have a dependency on gcc and system libs. unless I create an lxc container for a self contained host (with gcc libraries/includes). but i haven't tried that.
12:51 gbarniskis i may actually have a go at adapting the wiki FreeBSD notes into a jail host system. I loves my jails.
12:52 jcamins Yeah, I kind of miss using FreeBSD for my servers.
12:52 gbarniskis where did you do that at?
12:52 wajasu i only had to fix my .pl scripts to call "#!usr/bin/env perl" and I found two places in zebra .cfg files that were missed (i.e. /home/kohauser344/usr )
12:53 wajasu running in "single" install mode.
12:54 jcamins gbarniskis: not Koha servers. I used to run the servers for a small technology company.
12:54 jcamins I only started using Linux when my laptop died hard and I had to borrow my wife's old laptop which had Ubuntu instead of FreeBSD.
12:56 jcamins I successfully installed Koha on FreeBSD twice, but when I tried to install it in production, it didn't quite work out.
12:56 wajasu tonight i need to figure out how to get multiple lines to print in my barcode labels, now that i got unicode printing my diacritics last night.
12:58 gbarniskis i wouldn't recommend it for production either I think, just because koha + Linux is so common. but as part of a dev environment for me, the idea of a jail host is very tempting
12:58 jcamins gbarniskis: see bug 4940 for an rc.d script.
12:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4940 enhancement, P5, ---, camins, NEW , Koha should include sample rc.d script(s) for *BSD
12:58 jcamins Hm.
12:59 jcamins huginn: are you feeling okay?
12:59 huginn jcamins: I suck
13:00 nengard ??
13:00 nengard hey does anyone (probably jcamins) know of the bug report for the problem with searching for subjets with parens?
13:00 jcamins nengard: it took huggin a long time to respond to my "bug 4940" pronouncement.
13:01 nengard heh
13:01 jcamins s/huggin/huginn
13:01 wajasu i embedded a TTF truetype arial font.  but, if i was to work on a patch, I would need to add a syspref for a path to the truetype font to use, and maybe a schema change for such a column.
13:02 paul_p hello #koha
13:02 jcamins Bug 4276 has that part of the fix.
13:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4276 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, RESOLVED FIXED, "Related subjects" search doesn't work with XSLT on and chained subject terms
13:03 paul_p is there someone around using the DUEGST notification ? I think that the default "letter" is wrong. It contains : You have <<count>> items due, but count is not set anywhere
13:03 paul_p could anyone confirm ?
13:04 sekjal paul_p:  <<count>> is calculated in, and should be applied to the digest letters
13:05 sekjal it's being applied to SOME letters, at any rate
13:05 paul_p ? OK, my tests are against And here, I think it's not working
13:06 sekjal won't work as intended for PREDUE, DUE or their digest forms
13:06 paul_p sekjal, and the contains :
13:06 paul_p $letter = parse_letter(
13:06 paul_p {   letter         => $letter,
13:06 paul_p borrowernumber => $borrowernumber,
13:06 paul_p substitute     => {
13:06 paul_p count           => $count,
13:06 paul_p 'items.content' => $titles
13:06 paul_p }
13:06 paul_p }
13:06 paul_p that is exactly what I needed to add to to get it working !
13:06 paul_p I think i'll file a bug ;-)
13:07 sekjal paul_p:  as well as to be sure $count is calculated somehow
13:07 paul_p (I just had to add count => $count line)
13:07 paul_p sekjal, yes it is
13:08 sekjal ah, right, I'm seeing "$itemcount" defined as the first field output by the SQL
13:09 maximep joined #koha
13:13 Topic for #koha is now 3.4.5 is now available; Next General IRC Meeting 5 October 2011 at 10:00 UTC
13:14 chris_n wahanui: 3.4.5 is available
13:14 wahanui OK, chris_n.
13:18 trea joined #koha
13:22 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6926] overdue_notices don't send itemcount to notification <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6926>
13:31 libsysguy joined #koha
13:32 libsysguy morning #Koha
13:32 tcohen joined #koha
13:38 Guillaume left #koha
13:48 tcohen left #koha
13:48 wajasu left #koha
13:48 * wizzyrea uses first thing
13:48 wizzyrea it's so awesome, I could cry.
13:51 libsysguy one of our librarians felt the same way wizzyrea
13:51 libsysguy she hated using the mysql workbench file lol
13:51 wizzyrea with the comments it's like, chorus of ahs
13:51 wizzyrea nengard++
13:52 tcohen joined #koha
13:52 * gbarniskis pictures the scene from "Despicable Me" where the smallest girl hugs her new stuffed unicorn and screams "It's so FLUFFY!"
13:53 wizzyrea hee
13:55 nengard huh what ? what'd i do?
13:55 nengard oh the db documentation :)
13:55 nengard I'll get back to that as soon as i catch up with work stuffs :)
13:55 wizzyrea ^^ yes, that
13:55 wizzyrea what you've already done is quite helpful :)
13:56 wizzyrea oy, messages.message_type: B or L?
13:56 wizzyrea anybody know what B and L stand for?
13:57 wizzyrea librarian and borrower?
13:57 libsysguy does anybody know of an issue on Master with patronflags
13:58 libsysguy im geting an undef subroutine checkoverdues
13:59 wizzyrea exact message?
13:59 libsysguy Undefined subroutine &C4::Members::checkoverdues called at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/ line 511.
14:00 libsysguy its defined in and looks like Overdues is included in Members
14:00 wizzyrea weren't you mucking about with overdue checking? maybe a bad merge?
14:01 libsysguy maybe...still odd becuase it looks like it should be good
14:03 libsysguy oh...odd it looks like it is looking in members and not overdues
14:04 jcamins sekjal: it looks like there's a discussion on autocat about personal name authority heading forms.
14:05 jcamins I haven't been reading it, but it's there.
14:05 sekjal jcamins:  thanks for the heads up
14:08 libsysguy ok so I found a typo bug but I don't have a copy of master to edit and commit back on...should I just drop a ticket for it
14:09 libsysguy its on line 172 of master
14:17 wizzyrea i'll help ya see your PMs
14:32 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6927] Typo in <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6927>
14:41 sekjal wow, who was the jerk who introduced that typo!
14:41 libsysguy haha
14:41 libsysguy not I
14:44 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6919] Implementing XSLTResultsDisplay <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6919>
14:46 sekjal ::sigh::  well, I'm embarassed
14:48 sekjal libsysguy: your fix is passed QA
14:55 libsysguy thanks sekjal
14:55 wizzyrea 6919 still no titles?
14:56 sekjal libsysguy:  thank YOU
14:57 wizzyrea i'm feeling confused: xslt for results in intranet wasn't implemented before?
14:59 wizzyrea
14:59 jcamins wizzyrea: nope, never.
14:59 wizzyrea (that's current master, pre patch)
14:59 sekjal I thought it used to be... and got deleted somehow
14:59 sekjal but that doesn't make any sense
14:59 wizzyrea so the syspref...
14:59 jcamins sekjal: nope, never.
14:59 jcamins wizzyrea: does nothing.
15:00 jcamins For IntranetXSLTResults.
15:00 sekjal kind of a glaring omissions, dontcha think?
15:00 sekjal how'd this go for so long?
15:00 jcamins Yep.
15:00 jcamins No one cared enough.
15:01 wizzyrea ok, visual inspection reveals that the displays are in fact identical
15:01 * wizzyrea had to know for sure
15:02 wizzyrea then... what stylesheet did cait add the css to/
15:02 * wizzyrea goes to look it up
15:02 jcamins There's an intranet stylesheet.
15:02 jcamins Just no Results XSLT.
15:02 wizzyrea oic
15:02 wizzyrea that was a rabbit hole I wish I'd not gone into
15:03 wizzyrea either way, alex's fix is still busted.
15:03 Johnindy joined #koha
15:03 jcamins Yeah, I noticed that.
15:04 wizzyrea he's got a few references to UNIMARCslimUtils.xsl, maybe that's the prob?
15:04 wizzyrea I really know thismuch about xslt.
15:05 jcamins That's part of it. The other part is that the MARC21 code still requires UNIMARC data.
15:05 wizzyrea i am glad you understand it.
15:05 Oak joined #koha
15:06 * Oak waves
15:06 * jcamins is not going down that rabbit hole any time soon.
15:07 * gbarniskis senses danger and instinctively reaches for the vorpal blade
15:07 Johnindy left #koha
15:07 Johnindy joined #koha
15:08 gbarniskis bbl
15:08 gbarniskis left #koha
15:10 hdl left #koha
15:13 alex_a wizzyrea: i've included the same xslt as in the previous patch
15:13 alex_a :(
15:13 alex_a :(
15:14 wizzyrea alex_a: if at first you don't succeed, try try again :)
15:14 wizzyrea we'll hang with ya until you get it, is np at all.
15:15 alex_a :)
15:19 reiveune bye
15:19 reiveune left #koha
15:20 alex_a wizzyrea: which field is used by default for the biblionumber with MARC21 ?
15:20 wizzyrea 999$c I think?
15:20 * wizzyrea double checks
15:21 jcamins Yup.
15:21 alex_a thx
15:25 julian left #koha
15:33 slef wahanui: 952?
15:33 wahanui slef: i haven't a clue
15:34 slef wahanui: 9xx?
15:34 wahanui 9xx are local
15:34 slef wahanui: no, 9xx are local use fields documented at[…]data_fields_(9xx)
15:34 wahanui ...but 9xx is local...
15:34 wahanui ...but 9xx are local...
15:35 slef wahanui: forget 9xx
15:35 wahanui slef: I forgot 9xx
15:35 slef wahanui: 9xx are local use fields documented at[…]data_fields_(9xx)
15:35 wahanui OK, slef.
15:35 matts is now known as matts_away
15:35 jcamins @marc 952
15:35 huginn jcamins: unknown tag 952
15:36 jcamins wahanui: @marc 952 is the tag used by Koha for to store item data in MARC21.
15:36 wahanui OK, jcamins.
15:36 slef jcamins: that's a plugin, harder to fix
15:36 jcamins @marc 952
15:36 huginn jcamins: unknown tag 952
15:36 wahanui @marc 952 is the tag used by Koha for to store item data in MARC21.
15:36 huginn wahanui: unknown field/subfield combination (952/is)
15:36 wahanui huginn: excuse me?
15:36 huginn wahanui: I suck
15:36 wahanui huginn: excuse me?
15:36 huginn wahanui: downloading the Perl source
15:36 wahanui huginn: what?
15:36 huginn wahanui: I suck
15:36 wahanui huginn: huh?
15:36 huginn wahanui: downloading the Perl source
15:36 wahanui huginn: excuse me?
15:36 huginn wahanui: I've exhausted my database of quotes
15:36 wahanui huginn: i'm not following you...
15:36 jcamins Oops.
15:36 huginn wahanui: downloading the Perl source
15:36 wahanui huginn: i'm not following you...
15:36 slef wahanui: shut up!
15:36 wahanui slef: i'm not following you...
15:36 huginn wahanui: downloading the Perl source
15:36 wahanui huginn: excuse me?
15:36 huginn wahanui: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
15:36 jcamins wahanui: change to something
15:36 wahanui ...but i'll give you the answer just as soon as rda is <reply>...
15:36 wahanui jcamins: that doesn't look right
15:36 wahanui left #koha
15:36 wahanui joined #koha
15:36 slef wahanui: silent
15:36 wahanui slef: i'm not following you...
15:36 jcamins Okay, that wasn't such a good idea...
15:36 slef bad man jcamins
15:36 slef wahanui: forget @marc 952
15:36 wahanui slef: I forgot @marc 952
15:36 * jcamins giggles.
15:37 wizzyrea botfight!
15:37 jcamins wahanui: @marc 952 is <reply> The 952 field is used by Koha for to store item data in MARC21.
15:37 wahanui OK, jcamins.
15:37 jcamins wahanui: forget @marc 952
15:37 wahanui jcamins: I forgot @marc 952
15:37 jcamins wahanui: @marc 952 is <reply> The 952 field is used by Koha to store item data in MARC21.
15:37 wahanui OK, jcamins.
15:37 jcamins @marc 952
15:37 huginn jcamins: unknown tag 952
15:37 wahanui The 952 field is used by Koha to store item data in MARC21.
15:37 jcamins There we go.
15:37 slef nearly
15:38 jcamins slef: well, it worked, and didn't result in a bot fight.
15:38 slef wahanui: @marc 952 is also <reply> 952 is described at[…]data_fields_(9xx)
15:38 wahanui okay, slef.
15:38 slef @marc 952
15:38 huginn slef: unknown tag 952
15:38 wahanui The 952 field is used by Koha to store item data in MARC21. or <reply> 952 is described at[…]data_fields_(9xx)
15:38 slef wahanui: I hate you!
15:38 wahanui slef: i'm not following you...
15:39 wizzyrea wahanui: I hate you.
15:39 wahanui wizzyrea: excuse me?
15:39 wizzyrea heh
15:49 Oak left #koha
15:53 melia joined #koha
15:54 oleonard-away joined #koha
15:59 alex_a 3 patchs for the same bug because of inattention :-/
15:59 oleonard-away is now known as oleonard
16:00 alex_a i hope this one is right one
16:00 wizzyrea testing now...
16:01 alex_a thx wizzyrea
16:01 wizzyrea
16:01 wizzyrea looks much better :)
16:03 alex_a ok, there is not lot of informations displayed, but this could be done in a patch ahead
16:03 wizzyrea right, I think it's going to be one that we build on before we get it in?
16:04 wizzyrea it would be extremely confusing for libraries
16:04 alex_a for xslt improment. 'cause i'm not a great xslt maker
16:08 oleonard paul_p still around?
16:08 paul_p yep oleonard
16:08 paul_p (hello)
16:08 oleonard sorry I missed your recent comments on Bug 5725. Should your latest patch be applied in addition to the existing ones?
16:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5725 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , Batch modifications for Biblios
16:09 wizzyrea to pass this, imo - it would have to at least duplicate the current normal view
16:09 wizzyrea but that's just m/o
16:09 wizzyrea but it's certainly a good place to start
16:09 * paul_p playing with ENH still "needs signoff" today...
16:09 talljoy is now known as talljoy_lunch
16:10 paul_p still something like 30 to go :'(
16:11 paul_p (well ;'( because most of them come from BibLibre and I can't self-signoff...)
16:14 laurence left #koha
16:15 oleonard paul_p: Should your latest patch for 5725 be applied in addition to the existing ones?
16:18 alex_a wizzyrea: what would be extremely confusing for libraries ?
16:18 wizzyrea if they happen to have the syspref on, and do an update, their display is radically different and significantly less useful
16:19 sekjal wizzyrea:  update should set the pref value to "OFF" as part of
16:19 wizzyrea I think that would be confusing
16:19 wizzyrea yes, I agree with that
16:19 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5565] Default OAI UNIMARC to Dublin Core XSL adds superfluous blanks <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5565>
16:20 wizzyrea but it doesn't?
16:20 wizzyrea or it does.
16:22 paul_p oleonard, the latest patch is a small follow-up just to fix the "update leader" problem. So yes, apply in addition to existing ones
16:22 alex_a wizzyrea: i hope it doesn't
16:23 alex_a in this case, each update will turn off the syspref ?
16:24 sophie_m left #koha
16:24 wizzyrea I don't think that would be good, no.
16:24 paul_p wizzyrea, I think alex_a could improve the marc21 xslt, but he knows nothing about xslt, so if you could give him a hand, he would be thankfull ;-)
16:24 wizzyrea i would love to help, but I probably know less about it than he does.
16:26 alex_a i don't about xslt, MARC21, and what a librarian would want to be displayed in intranet results ...
16:26 alex_a i don't know
16:27 wizzyrea well, they like the current display
16:27 wizzyrea i will look into it, but that's about all I can say - steep learning curve on that
16:28 alex_a time to go home
16:28 alex_a bye bye
16:28 wizzyrea have a good night :)
16:28 alex_a thx :)
16:28 alex_a and
16:29 alex_a @wizzyrea++
16:29 huginn alex_a: I've exhausted my database of quotes
16:29 alex_a for having tested 2 times
16:30 alex_a is now known as alex_away
16:30 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6919] Implementing XSLTResultsDisplay <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6919>
16:30 wizzyrea yvw, I'll see what I can do about making it more complete... it's a big help to have it started :)
16:32 * chris_n attempts to wrestle jQuery and DataTables into submission
16:33 chris_n it seems sort of like running through jello, though
16:33 wizzyrea wrestling... running through jello
16:33 wizzyrea I take it you've met some resistance
16:34 laurence1 joined #koha
16:34 chris_n yup, I've run square into ignorance ;-)
16:34 * wizzyrea does that all the time
16:34 wizzyrea see above.
16:34 libsysguy ok silly question. '2011-01-09 00:00:00' < '2011-01-05 00:00:00' = false right?
16:34 wizzyrea :)
16:35 sekjal libsysguy:  that comparison should be false, yes
16:35 chris_n not if its yyyy-dd-mm
16:35 libsysguy yy-mm-dd
16:35 libsysguy yyyy**
16:36 chris_n opps
16:36 * chris_n goes back to minding his own business :-O
16:36 libsysguy im asking becuase of this line in Getoverdues
16:36 libsysguy WHERE date_due < NOW()
16:36 libsysguy shouldn't the inequality be flipped?
16:36 libsysguy maybe im just crazy
16:37 chris_n well
16:37 chris_n if its a unix timestamp
16:37 chris_n then NOW( ) will be greater
16:37 chris_n because we are counting up
16:38 wizzyrea libsysguy: that makes sense to me, now is always greater than the due date if something is overdue.
16:38 libsysguy ok then im just not thinking about it correctly
16:38 * libsysguy goes back to crazy thoughts
16:38 * chris_n welcomes libsysguy to the club
16:38 libsysguy hehe
16:38 * wizzyrea comes up with a secret handshake for the club
16:39 wizzyrea crazy thoughts! crazy thoughts! Craaayyyyzeeee thoughts!
16:39 chris_n that would have to be something which logically makes sense, but tends to be misunderstood
16:39 libsysguy handshake: <("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")>​<("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")>​<("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")>​<("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")>
16:39 wizzyrea ROFL
16:39 chris_n okay... back into the jQuery foray
16:40 wizzyrea (you really just made me laugh a lot)
16:40 wizzyrea gl chris_n
16:40 libsysguy dancing kirby is my favorite
16:42 trea is now known as trea_lunch
16:44 libsysguy seen cait
16:44 wahanui cait was last seen on #koha 12 hours, 24 minutes and 21 seconds ago, saying: morning Oak [Tue Sep 27 04:18:52 2011]
16:44 libsysguy sekjal we still on for this thursday?
16:45 sekjal libsysguy: for Notices rewrite meeting?
16:46 libsysguy yes sir
16:46 paul_p before leaving: I call for a volunteer to test 5877 ! using a firefox module for offline circ is really GREAT and HANDY. It's live for all our customers since more than 1 year, it would be a true improvement for 3.6
16:47 oleonard Bug 5877
16:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5877 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , Offline circulation improvements : upload all files, apply at once
16:47 paul_p (note the testing is needed, as it has been heavily modified to fit version)
16:49 paul_p time to leave. good day everybody ! see you tomorrow
16:49 paul_p breaking news: we've found our new support guy, his name is adrien. And our librarian project manager, his name is Gaëtan. You should hear from them very soon ;-)
16:50 paul_p (BibLibre is now 18... do you believe it ? I can't ;-) )
16:50 rhcl_away paul_p++
16:51 rhcl_away looking forward to the FF tool
16:51 rhcl_away and congrats BibLibre!
16:57 sekjal libsysguy:  I haven't had too much time to think about further steps for the notices rewrite, but I'm up for meeting at the usual time, sure
17:00 paul_p left #koha
17:00 nengard left #koha
17:00 francharb left #koha
17:01 talljoy_lunch is now known as talljoy
17:01 libsysguy sekjal honestly I haven't either.  I have been really wrapped up with school
17:01 libsysguy I have to write an indexing engine for class :-\
17:02 libsysguy anyway I'm up for meeting but I just don't know what to talk about
17:14 oleonard I'm finding the staff client's marc import  process to be very flaky
17:14 jcamins oleonard: how so?
17:15 oleonard It keep stalling out
17:15 oleonard "Job progress" just stops
17:15 jcamins And the upload doesn't finish?
17:16 oleonard I'm already uploaded the file and staged it. Now I'm doing the import
17:16 jcamins Oh.
17:16 jcamins That's a new bug I'm not familiar with.
17:16 oleonard How could I check to see whether the background process is running?
17:17 jcamins ps ax | grep perl, if you're the only user on the system.
17:17 jcamins If you're not the only user replace "perl" with the name of the page.
17:17 oleonard Hm, nothing.
17:17 wahanui rumour has it nothing is ever gone in git
17:24 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5459] merging records loses holds from one <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5459>
17:25 nengard joined #koha
17:25 laurence1 left #koha
17:38 aarkerio joined #koha
17:48 nengard left #koha
17:51 libsysguy sekjal just stumbled across probably know about it[…]E/Lite/TT/
17:52 libsysguy could be really helpful in our future notification endevours
17:53 sekjal libsysguy:  hmmm, will look
17:55 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
17:55 trea_lunch is now known as trea
17:56 aarkerio hi! I am looking for some advice about how set the "physical"  barcode in my books I mean the sticker
17:56 aarkerio there is an Avery sticker template or some thing
17:57 aarkerio can I do it with a regular printer?
17:57 aarkerio and just use the 3M tape over it?
17:57 aarkerio is my first library
17:59 libsysguy id like to help aarkerio but I don't know the answer :'(
17:59 hankbank left #koha
18:00 aarkerio thanks , I found something:[…]nual/chapter4.pdf
18:03 wizzyrea aarkerio: truthfully it doesn't matter as long as a barcode reader can read it
18:03 wizzyrea some libraries do it on the outside, some on the inside
18:03 wizzyrea some have pre-made barcodes, some generate them and print (like you are)
18:04 wizzyrea whatever you do, it will need to be durable, so tape over it is probably a good idea
18:08 aarkerio wizzyrea, Thanks! Can  I generate barcode in Koha?
18:12 wizzyrea I am sure it can be done, I have never done ti
18:12 wizzyrea it*
18:12 * wizzyrea looked in the manual, but didn't find anything but one syspref for creating barcodes
18:12 wizzyrea it's apparently not documented.
18:12 aarkerio I think is this way: http://manual.koha-community.o[…]ncardcreator.html
18:13 wizzyrea that's patron barcodes, I think
18:13 aarkerio mmm, yea, I think is:   Home� Tools� Labels Home
18:14 wizzyrea the process may be similar, however.
18:15 aarkerio Home � Tools � Labels Home � Manage Label Layouts > Barcode
18:21 * rangi waves hi on his way to get the kids breakfast and catch his bus
18:21 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6633] Self Checkout Return Item button disappeared Renew Item button doesn't work <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6633>
18:21 * wizzyrea waves hiasrangispeedsofftostarthisday
18:22 wizzyrea whoosh
18:35 libsysguy left #koha
18:40 rangi hi from the bus
18:53 rangi ByWater++ #nice work with corpus christi
18:53 rangi biblibre++ #new hires and lots of testing
18:57 rangi chris_n++ #3.4.5
19:05 chris_n 3.4.5?
19:05 wahanui 3.4.5 is available
19:15 rangi :)
19:16 tcohen left #koha
19:16 rangi quiet today
19:19 NateC left #koha
19:35 hdl joined #koha
19:43 hdl left #koha
19:44 hdl joined #koha
19:51 jwagner left #koha
20:02 hdl mtj: are you there ?
20:04 hdl @later tell mtj about nabble, I would like to know what I should do exactly. Anyway galen is co-admin of koha-community lists iirc.
20:04 huginn hdl: The operation succeeded.
20:11 collum left #koha
20:12 hdl @later mtj if you need archives files, tell me I will make those acessible for you.
20:12 huginn hdl: downloading the Perl source
20:13 hdl @later tell mtj if you need archives files, tell me I will make those acessible for you.
20:13 huginn hdl: The operation succeeded.
20:13 gbarniskis joined #koha
20:22 * chris_n wins a strategic victory over jQuery, Datatables, and jEditable
20:23 chris_n so on that note I'll call it a day :)
20:23 gbarniskis grats
20:23 rangi cya chris_n, thanks again for the release
20:23 rangi ill do a stats run on it in a bit
20:26 aarkerio HI! somebody know a URL about how print ISBN barcode in Koha?
20:26 rangi not me
20:27 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6927-- Typo in <[…]e60af0277891cd19d>
20:27 aarkerio but that is possible right?
20:27 wizzyrea sekjal: can you have a look at 6871 for QA, pretty please?
20:27 rangi an ISBN one? don't know
20:27 rangi ive only seen barcode ones
20:28 slef left #koha
20:28 gbarniskis things that need ISBN barcode on them usually have one preprinted on them, no?
20:28 * rangi doesnt use the print labels stuff in koha
20:28 rangi gbarniskis: thats what i would have thought
20:29 gbarniskis i suppose i could see a case for having it on a printed report, as a librarian shortcut
20:29 sekjal wizzyrea: was just waiting on you to finish the paperwork :)  Passed
20:29 rangi :)
20:29 wizzyrea WOOT
20:29 wizzyrea ty :D
20:29 sekjal rangi:  thanks for pushing 6927
20:29 rangi np
20:30 * sekjal is embarassed
20:30 rangi hey i didnt spot it either
20:30 wizzyrea libsysguy did
20:30 wizzyrea cuzn he's awesome like that
20:30 sekjal nice thing about being part of a community; no one person has to be perfect
20:31 * wizzyrea is not perfect lots
20:31 rangi hmm i thought thatcher did a patch at kohacon, guess not, that will make him 157th
20:31 wizzyrea so I"m thankful for you all :P
20:31 wizzyrea oh that's funny
20:31 wizzyrea I was 87th
20:31 sekjal rangi:  158
20:31 wizzyrea lulz, nm.
20:31 oleonard left #koha
20:32 wizzyrea it was going to be all sweet and stuff that we both had 7s at the end
20:32 wizzyrea ;)
20:32 wizzyrea but no matter.
20:32 aarkerio or what about if I want to print the ID number book barcode?
20:32 trea huzzah, ty all
20:32 sekjal rangi:  bug 4841 introduced a new committer
20:32 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4841 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, larry, ASSIGNED , Advanced search returns 0 results if the itemtype have no items
20:33 rangi ahh true, 158 then
20:33 slef joined #koha
20:35 rangi lemme jus do the 3.4.5 stats and ill push and update the history too
20:38 jenkins_koha Starting build 448 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
20:43 aarkerio left #koha
20:47 rangi hokay thats that
20:48 rangi[…]e-and-koha-3-4-5/
20:49 rangi now to push this patch and the history updates
20:54 rangi aww right next to each other
20:55 rangi[…]cfcfa8c359e8878f7
20:55 rangi thats officially the first husband and wife team
20:55 wizzyrea mmm
20:55 rangi oh no i lie
20:55 wizzyrea engards
20:55 wizzyrea :)
20:55 rangi engards
20:55 rangi yeah
20:55 wizzyrea but 2nd :)
20:55 rangi yup
20:55 sekjal next trick is parent/child
20:56 wizzyrea that may go to the bavoussets
20:56 rangi :)
20:56 wizzyrea unless rangi's got kahu doing perl calisthenics
20:56 rangi dude
20:56 rangi i havent written a think the last 2 years, its all him
20:56 rangi he's my ghostwriter
20:56 wizzyrea LOL
20:57 wizzyrea this is really him right now, isn't it?
20:57 rangi i like mini golf
20:58 rangi there, you are famous on twitter now
20:58 cait joined #koha
20:58 rangi its the cait!
20:58 wizzyrea lol
20:59 wizzyrea kahu?
20:59 wahanui I LIKE MINI GOLF!
20:59 * wizzyrea nods
20:59 rangi lol
20:59 rangi and chest
20:59 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Updating history and about file <[…]cfcfa8c359e8878f7> / Merge remote-tracking branch 'kc/new/enh/bug_6871' into kcmaster <[…]e823170721905053c> / Bug 6871 - Have a link to the schema page on the reports page <;
20:59 rangi which is chess
20:59 rangi and stater blades
20:59 rangi which is bay blades
20:59 rangi beyblades even
20:59 wizzyrea what little boy doesn't love chest.
21:00 rangi
21:00 wizzyrea let's be honest.
21:00 rangi hehe
21:00 * sekjal needs to get one of his cats to write a patch... they're not very cooperative or interested, though
21:00 wizzyrea I bet they could be very effective at generating random patron names for test data
21:00 rangi :)
21:01 mtj ooh, so interesting...
21:01 * gbarniskis was just thinkin of fun ways to randomize patron test names
21:01 mtj[…]nagement/ba-p/440
21:01 sekjal every day at 6am and 5pm, Koha would dispense kibble all over the circ desk
21:01 * cait waves :)
21:01 wizzyrea patrons would go wild
21:02 rangi doesnt yours do that already?
21:02 sekjal oh, now there IS an idea... SIP2 connected cat food feeder
21:02 hdl hi mtj
21:02 cait hehe
21:02 cait we discussed connecting the espresso machine once...
21:06 gbarniskis you'll need a particularly striped cat to set off the bc reader
21:06 wizzyrea i like you.
21:06 cait lol
21:07 rangi
21:07 wizzyrea you'll fit in just fine here ^.^
21:07 * sekjal goes to scan his tabby with a QR code scanner...
21:07 cait gbarniskis: seems you passed the #koha test :)
21:07 rangi check out 12pm day one
21:07 gbarniskis lol, thx
21:07 rangi ohhh and the keynote for day 2
21:07 wizzyrea eythian! roxxor
21:07 * gbarniskis launches private dev vm instance #2
21:10 sekjal Coltrane is having none of my ridiculousness; he ran away from my when he saw the cellphone, and hid under the bed
21:11 trea you named your cat Coltrane. sekjal++
21:12 trea you don't have another cat named "Cannonball Adderly" by chance?
21:13 sekjal Morgana
21:13 sekjal is our other kitty
21:13 trea also good
21:15 trea left #koha
21:15 maximep left #koha
21:16 bg left #koha
21:16 bg joined #koha
21:17 rangi hey bg
21:26 rhcl_away left #koha
21:27 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #448: SUCCESS in 48 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/448/
21:27 jenkins_koha lrea: Bug 6927-- Typo in
21:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6927 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, henridamien, NEW , Typo in
21:27 jenkins_koha Starting build 449 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
21:30 eythian huh, one of the OSDC speakers is someone I met in Malaysia
21:30 cait hey mr robin :)
21:30 eythian hi cait :)
21:30 rangi some interesting keynotes, damian conway is always great
21:31 eythian wahanui: cait is also Ms. Cait to you.
21:31 wahanui okay, eythian.
21:31 eythian yeah, I've seen him a couple of times, worth seeing.
21:32 sekjal okay, time to go for the day.  cheers, #koha
21:32 wizzyrea bye sekjal :)
21:33 rangi cya sekjal
21:33 wizzyrea I almost typed "xsltresluts"
21:33 sekjal left #koha
21:33 * cait glares at eythian
21:33 eythian wahanui: wizzyrea is also all about the resluts
21:33 wahanui okay, eythian.
21:33 cait wizzyrea: lol
21:33 wizzyrea lol
21:33 rangi wizzyrea ?
21:33 wahanui I LIKE BAO or all about the resluts
21:34 rangi cait?
21:34 wahanui rumour has it cait is kf or a programmer or really sweet or a source of great chocolate or the purveyor of an infinite supply of virtual cookies or not sure we need the page(s)... but that might just be me or Ms. Cait to you
21:35 hdl good night
21:36 rangi night hdl sleep well
21:36 wizzyrea later hdl :)
21:37 cait good night hdl
21:37 eythian bye hdl
21:38 rhcl_away joined #koha
21:49 jransom joined #koha
21:50 rangi hey jransom
21:50 wahanui jransom is so pleased!
21:53 cait hi jransom :)
21:53 eythian hello jransom
22:02 talljoy left #koha
22:04 cait night all
22:05 cait left #koha
22:14 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #449: SUCCESS in 47 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/449/
22:14 jenkins_koha * thatcher.rea: Bug 6871 - Have a link to the schema page on the reports page
22:14 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Updating history and about file
22:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6871 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, wizzyrea, RESOLVED FIXED, Have a link to the schema page on the reports page
22:20 jo joined #koha
22:21 eythian[…]dude-is-epic.html <-- wub wub wub
22:30 jo left #koha
22:53 gbarniskis anyone on familiar with the koha-common squeeze package?
22:54 eythian yep
22:55 gbarniskis i used it to kick start a vm, but now i'm not sure I want to get into its way of managing stuff, and wondering if it is kosher to just install 3.4.5 by hand now
22:57 rangi i wouldnt, the 3.4.5 package will be out shortly, id just apt-get upgrade to that
22:58 * eythian is going to be making it today
22:59 gbarniskis thing is i want to learn the common package and its tools, and how to do that upgrade path, but i don't want that right now. right now I want to do the initial setup and deployment ye olde fashioned way
23:00 gbarniskis it's a learnin thing =)
23:00 eythian gbarniskis: my (self-serving) recommendation for that would be to learn how to build packages, that way you can help me fix bugs in them ;)
23:02 gbarniskis perhaps... i guess for now it's dinner time. i'll leave this vm and cut another so i can do it both ways. thx for the packaging, it worked really great for me
23:03 eythian cool :)
23:09 hdl1 joined #koha
23:15 hdl left #koha
23:15 gbarniskis when i did a manual install with install_misc/debian.packages, I got prompted for a mysql password, and for the koha-common install I don't remember that. did I skip something?
23:17 gbarniskis for the root user. I see where koha- stuff handles it for the instance users
23:18 rangi yeah the packages dont need it
23:18 eythian when using the packages, it's able to use the debian system for doing that stuff
23:18 rangi because you might have your server on another machine
23:19 rangi (im assuming you mean that it installed mysql-server and the packages dont by default)
23:19 gbarniskis so i skipped installing mysql-server. that explains that
23:21 gbarniskis thanks all, g'nite
23:21 gbarniskis left #koha
23:27 Brooke joined #koha
23:28 Brooke kia ora
23:29 rangi hi Brooke
23:30 Brooke how's it?
23:32 rangi not too bad at all
23:32 rangi @wunder wellington nz
23:32 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 15.0�C (12:00 PM NZDT on September 28, 2011). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 48%. Dew Point: 4.0�C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
23:33 eythian I wish that provided the wind
23:33 Brooke provided the wind or provided for wind?
23:33 eythian provided the wind speed.
23:34 eythian provided the wind speed value.
23:34 eythian provided the wind speed value in metres per second.
23:34 eythian provided the wind speed value in metres per second or the beaufort scale.
23:35 Brooke would a comparison to the velocity of a swallow be an acceptable alternative?
23:35 eythian laden or unladen?
23:36 * Brooke highfives eythian.
23:37 joann joined #koha
23:53 Irma joined #koha
23:54 Brooke ahoy Irma
23:54 Irma g'day Brooke
23:55 Brooke :)
23:58 rickx joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary