IRC log for #koha, 2011-09-02

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:05 Callender left #koha
00:14 rangi[…]f-going-it-alone/
00:15 LBA joined #koha
00:16 druthb Hi, LBA!
00:16 eythian rangi: hey, you're scooping my talk, stop it :)
00:16 rangi francois started it
00:17 rangi :)
00:17 eythian
00:31 melia left #koha
00:46 druthb left #koha
00:48 mtj heya folks...
00:48 rangi heya mtj
00:48 mtj wow! fascinating read there
00:49 mtj and so perfectly fitting for the Koha project
00:51 mtj "Do NOT fall into the trap of adding more and more stuff to an out-of-tree project. It just makes it harder and harder to get it merged.There are many examples of this."
00:51 mtj a choice quote
00:53 rangi yup
00:56 mtj amazing to read about dev and integrating problems on that big level
01:10 Callender joined #koha
01:13 Soupermanito joined #koha
01:24 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Revert "Bug 5630 CAS improvements" <[…]e17bffe2bdb32747d>
01:28 Callender left #koha
01:34 aarkerio left #koha
01:34 Callender joined #koha
01:36 jenkins_koha Starting build 397 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #385 14 j ago)
01:44 Callender left #koha
02:06 sekjal joined #koha
02:10 sekjal good <localtime>, #koha!
02:14 rangi heya sekjal
02:14 sekjal hey, rangi
02:14 rangi its 2 hours from beer oclock time here
02:14 rangi cepting its juice oclock for me today
02:14 sekjal still sick?
02:14 rangi codeine and beer dont mix in a happy way :)
02:14 sekjal no
02:14 sekjal no they don't
02:15 sekjal having some tea while I work on this serials migration
02:15 rangi ahh serials
02:15 rangi always tricky
02:15 sekjal I see you pulled the fix for bug 5630
02:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5630 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , CAS improvements
02:15 rangi well i pulled the whole thing
02:16 rangi your fix was fine
02:16 rangi but marcel discovered more was broken, including it was changing the way search history was stored
02:16 sekjal ah, yeah, then it had to go
02:17 sekjal I should have come up with a more aggressive test plan
02:17 rangi i shoulda tested harder too
02:17 sekjal I thought that would have been sufficient
02:17 rangi still, one revert .. not too bad
02:17 rangi 2 months to go, but i think we are doing ok so far :)
02:17 sekjal and I still can't explain why Paul got LDAP results just fine, but my server erred
02:17 rangi im picking not testing on master
02:18 sekjal I'm having a hard time seeing how it could have been any other way....
02:18 rangi yup
02:18 sekjal are there any kind of Perl settings that would automatically import subroutines, without changing the code itself?
02:19 sekjal some kind of "import everything" default?
02:19 rangi not that i know of
02:20 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #397: STILL UNSTABLE in 44 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/397/
02:20 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: Revert "Bug 5630 CAS improvements"
02:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5630 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , CAS improvements
02:24 LBA left #koha
02:33 sekjal rangi:  did you see Tara Robertson's post to the Evergreen list about sharing serials prediction patterns?
02:33 rangi ah yeah
02:34 rangi im hoping to use the hackfest at access
02:34 rangi to brainstorm around that some more, since she will be there, and lots of evergreeners
02:34 rangi it would be sweet to be able to share
02:34 sekjal one of the things I did for this serials migration was create a bunch of config files for representing various frequencies in Koha
02:34 sekjal bimonthly, annually, 5xyear, etc
02:34 rangi ohhh cool
02:35 sekjal it's Koha specific, but it might be a start in the right direction towards reusability
02:35 rangi *nod*
02:37 kmkale joined #koha
02:39 Soupermanito left #koha
02:43 trea joined #koha
02:44 rangi heya kmkale and trea
02:44 trea well hey
02:45 kmkale Namaskar rangi & trea
02:45 trea hi kmkale
02:50 Callender joined #koha
03:20 indradg joined #koha
03:23 Callender left #koha
03:29 yhager left #koha
03:29 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6738] can't see funds as superlibrarian <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6738>
03:38 trea left #koha
03:40 yhager joined #koha
03:41 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6834] $template->{param_map} is deprecated with the introduction of Template::Toolkit <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6834>
03:43 kmkale left #koha
04:28 Callender joined #koha
04:44 cait joined #koha
04:45 cait morning #koha
04:49 yhager left #koha
04:52 bg heya cait
04:52 cait morning bg
04:58 indradg left #koha
05:02 yhager joined #koha
05:14 cait bg: silent here at this time :)
05:20 * sekjal makes some noise on his way out....back in a couple hours
05:20 francharb joined #koha
05:21 francharb morning #koha
05:22 rangi germs?
05:22 wahanui Germs originated in Germany, before rapidly spreading throughout the rest of the world.
05:22 rangi Hehe
05:22 cait bye sekjal
05:22 cait did you what I asked you to do? or just laugh? :)
05:23 rangi I did this
05:23 rangi germs?
05:23 wahanui Germs originated in Germany, before rapidly spreading throughout the rest of the world.
05:24 rangi good old eythian
05:24 rangi oh hey cait
05:24 cait hey rangi
05:24 rangi I fixed a couple of acq bugs
05:24 cait I see it :)
05:25 sekjal left #koha
05:25 cait how was juice o clock?
05:25 rangi orangey
05:26 cait hehe
05:26 rangi but there was raspberry buns so thats ok
05:26 cait any sign-off recommendation to start the day with?
05:26 cait ah, i have a nice one, bug 6750
05:26 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6750 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, NEW , Guarantor search broken on translated templates
05:27 rangi oh those 2 patches I sent
05:27 rangi very very easy
05:27 rangi and that one is good too
05:28 rangi actually maybe leave my ones for a new person
05:28 cait I will try :)
05:29 rangi :)
05:29 cait and the germs thing is not nice
05:29 rangi you really need to watch that movie
05:31 cait I have
05:31 rangi its pretty neat how they did it all and absolutely none of it is true
05:32 rangi there was a show here, the unauthorised history of nz
05:32 rangi which was like that
05:32 rangi all made up
05:33 cait perhaps I should watch that to counter the germs
05:34 rangi Hehe
05:34 rangi ill post you one when I get home
05:36 cait bug 6750 - signed off!
05:36 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6750 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, NEW , Guarantor search broken on translated templates
05:38 rangi ok my stop bbl
05:51 clrh left #koha
06:06 alex_away is now known as alex_a
06:06 alex_a hello
06:14 cait hi alex_a :)
06:15 alex_a hello cait
06:28 cait left #koha
06:29 cait joined #koha
06:31 cait left #koha
06:39 Callender left #koha
06:42 reiveune joined #koha
06:43 reiveune hello
06:43 wahanui hey, reiveune
06:44 reiveune1 joined #koha
06:45 magnus_away is now known as magnus_afk
06:45 magnus_afk kia ora, #koha!
06:45 hdl joined #koha
06:48 reiveune1 left #koha
06:49 magnus_afk is now known as magnuse
06:51 reiveune left #koha
06:54 sophie_m joined #koha
06:59 matts_away is now known as matts
07:00 reiveune joined #koha
07:00 reiveune hi
07:00 wahanui what's up, reiveune
07:02 marcelr joined #koha
07:02 marcelr morning koha
07:04 Barrc joined #koha
07:06 magnuse bonjour reiveune and marcelr
07:06 reiveune hi magnuse
07:06 hdl hi magnuse
07:06 hdl hi marcelr
07:06 magnuse kia ora hdl
07:06 hdl hi Barrc
07:06 marcelr hi magnuse and hdl
07:07 hdl hi #koha
07:07 paul_p joined #koha
07:07 magnuse kia ora paul_p
07:07 paul_p hello world
07:07 marcelr hi paul_p
07:07 Barrc Morning -)
07:08 marcelr hi barrc
07:10 marcelr magnuse: putting a comment on bugzilla helpful for bug squashing ?
07:11 BobB_ left #koha
07:15 magnuse marcelr: oh yes, everything that helps move bugs forward is very welcome!
07:16 kf joined #koha
07:16 kf good morning #koha
07:16 magnuse guten morgen kf
07:16 marcelr hi kf
07:17 kf hi marcelr and magnuse
07:17 marcelr magnuse: i mean for communicating that you are working on a bug
07:18 clrh joined #koha
07:18 Guillaume joined #koha
07:19 julian joined #koha
07:20 magnuse marcelr: ah yes, either assign it to yourself or just add a comment, i think
07:20 marcelr ok
07:22 * kf provides a big bowl of virtual cookies for the gbsd
07:22 magnuse yummy!
07:27 sophie_m thanks kf :-)
07:27 kf bonjour sophie_m
07:27 clrh left #koha
07:28 reiveune left #koha
07:28 clrh joined #koha
07:28 reiveune joined #koha
07:29 reiveune left #koha
07:32 sophie_m left #koha
07:34 magnuse fredericd: you just volunteered for Documentation Manager ;-)
07:34 sophie_m joined #koha
07:43 Callender joined #koha
07:53 paul_p hello marcelr & kf & others
07:53 reiveune joined #koha
07:53 * paul_p put some home made bred on the table, near virtual cookies
07:54 paul_p (the real home made bread is in my home ;-) )
07:54 paul_p reiveune, connected through the VPN ?
07:54 paul_p (if yes, it's fine...)
07:55 reiveune paul_p: yes, I am connected through the VPN
07:58 reiveune paul_p: home made bread ?? mmmm ...(function(){var src = document.getElementById('source');src.focus(​);;​​style.MsBoxSizing='border-box';})();Langue source : français Saisissez du texte, l'adresse d'un site Web ou importez un document à traduire.Annuler  Traduction (français > anglais)If you do not know what to do with it, tell it to me
07:59 paul_p (epic copy/paste failure :D )
07:59 reiveune shame on me :-(
08:07 kf magnuse++ for sign off :)
08:09 magnuse yay
08:14 indradg joined #koha
08:16 kmkale joined #koha
08:18 rangi paul_p: i track patches that way already
08:18 eythian rangi, kf: Forgotten Silver is what you're thinking of.
08:18 eythian (by Peter Jackson)
08:19 paul_p rangi, I know, but I would find it more convenient on RSS feed (you've the full title, files modified...)
08:21 kf eythian: ?
08:21 eythian kf: the NZ history documentary
08:21 kf ah
08:21 eythian germs?
08:21 wahanui Germs originated in Germany, before rapidly spreading throughout the rest of the world.
08:22 kf *sighs*
08:22 eythian :D
08:23 eythian wahanui: kf
08:23 wahanui kf is cait or really, really sweet. or <reply>she gives me memory loss
08:23 kf you wanted to fix that :P
08:23 eythian I've been meaning too
08:23 kf wahanui: eythian
08:23 wahanui it has been said that eythian is in NZ. ;) or a good influence
08:24 * eythian off home.
08:25 kmkale Namaskar #koha
08:33 kf hi km
08:33 kf hi kmkale :)
08:34 kmkale :)
08:34 magnuse so i used git-bz to apply the two patches for bug 6595, and now i want to sign off on both of them - is there a clever way to do it?
08:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6595 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, ASSIGNED , Add German translation for purchase suggestion mails
08:34 magnuse[…]_bz_configuration only talks about "the last commit"
08:35 magnuse and i have two...
08:36 magnuse rangi or slef got some insight on that, perhaps?
08:37 alex_a does anyone use for sending email here ?
08:40 rangi magnuse: git rebase 1stcommitid^ --interactive
08:41 rangi then you can switch pick to edit
08:41 rangi then run
08:41 rangi git commit --amend -s
08:41 rangi git rebase --continue
08:42 rangi then youre back at HEAD
08:42 rangi so git commit --amend -s again
08:42 rangi and you are signing off the latest one too
08:42 rangi make sense?
08:43 magnuse hm, i'll need to digest that a bit... ;-)
08:44 magnuse would that basically be squashing the commits into one? no?
08:46 rangi nope
08:48 kf alex_a: we do
08:49 magnuse it makes sense now! ;-)
08:49 alex_a kf: does sending email work for you ?
08:51 alex_a because it seems 'to_adress' parameter is never set in C4::Letters::EnqueueLetter
08:51 kf ah
08:51 kf it gets the address from the borrower
08:51 kf if you refer to it being empty in the database table - that's been like that from the beginning
08:52 kf I know it sends in 3.2.2 - my test installation can't send mails sadly
08:52 magnuse rangi: if i had 3 pathes, would i have to do:  "git rebase 1stcommitid^^ --interactive"? (with the ^^)
08:54 alex_a kf: the script gets correctly the email address (when it exists) but email is never passed in EnqueueLetter
08:54 rangi i think just the ^ is all
08:55 alex_a so either i'm wrong or sending email can't works
08:55 kf alex_a: I am not sure. I can only promise it works in 3.2.2
08:55 kf because that's what we are using in production
08:55 kf and I see the mails going out, get them cc and had libraries calling about typos and all that :)
08:55 * alex_a will checkout 3.2.2
08:57 magnuse rangi: ah, yes, i guess i'm already giving it the first commitid i want it to look at...
08:58 lastnode hi
08:58 lastnode so i got the go ahead from school today
08:58 lastnode to deploy a pilot version of koha!
08:58 lastnode w00t
08:58 lastnode o/
08:59 kf yay!
08:59 kf grats lastnode :)
08:59 kf lastnode++ :)
08:59 magnuse lastnode++
08:59 lastnode now i need to write up my concerns and pastebin it
08:59 lastnode so i can runit by you guys
09:00 lastnode i didnt tell them how much the hosting woul cost
09:00 lastnode gonna host it myself first few months, make sure they like it
09:00 lastnode then say oh btw
09:00 lastnode hosting :)
09:00 magnuse rangi: any tricks for "git bz attach -e xxxx HEAD"? does that also just work with the last patch?
09:00 rangi HEAD^
09:00 rangi etc
09:00 lastnode i read here yesterday that a future koha (deb packages) will have auto sql + config dump
09:00 lastnode is there a guide to how i can do it now
09:00 lastnode backup + restore?
09:01 rangi yep
09:01 magnuse just replace HEAD with HEAD^? that tells it to go back one commit from HEAD?
09:01 * magnuse will write this up on the wiki for later
09:01 rangi[…]ages#koha-restore
09:02 lastnode also are tehre any recommended koha hosts?
09:02 Irma left #koha
09:02 rangi magnuse: it does indeed
09:03 magnuse so if i had three patches i would use HEAD^^ ?
09:03 * magnuse needs to be spoon-fed sometines
09:04 rangi HEAD~2
09:04 rangi HEAD~220383 if you wanted :)
09:04 rangi its all the same as you can use with git-reset
09:05 lastnode rangi: koha-restore will work on even a completely new koha install right?
09:06 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5981] OPAC: Add limits to search history <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5981>
09:08 rangi if you are restoring from  koha-dump created files
09:12 hdl rangi: for bug 6834, there is a followup needed§.
09:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6834 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, NEW , $template->{param_map} is deprecated with the introduction of Template::Toolkit
09:12 rangi yes i saw
09:12 hdl What should I do ?
09:13 hdl ask for sign off or mark it as signed off.
09:13 * hdl don't know the consequences of those patches.
09:13 rangi ask for sign off
09:13 lastnode thanks rangi
09:14 lastnode and future versions will be able to restore thsi too?
09:14 lastnode like say Koha 5
09:14 lastnode *48
09:14 Callender left #koha
09:14 lastnode *4
09:14 lastnode argh
09:14 rangi well $template->{param_map} is always empty so now it will be actually testing those conditions
09:14 rangi so its worth testing
09:15 rangi lastnode: thats the plan
09:15 lastnode ok
09:15 lastnode cool,t ahnks
09:15 hdl rangi: so leaving needs sign off.
09:16 rangi cool
09:19 indradg left #koha
09:29 lastnode this may be a dumb question, but generally how big can a koha db with a few thousand books get?
09:29 lastnode im trying to calcualte how much data transfer ill need
09:29 lastnode for semi-regualr off site backups
09:33 rangi a few thousand?
09:33 rangi not big at all
09:34 rangi 2 secs
09:34 rangi ill tell
09:35 rangi 55M pnf-2011-09-02.sql.gz thats the db
09:35 rangi for about 30k records
09:35 rangi gzipped
09:36 lastnode neat
09:36 lastnode and if i rsync, rangi
09:37 lastnode it would even transfer the whole db right?
09:37 lastnode just the diff?
09:37 lastnode oh but it cant diff gzipped files?
09:37 rangi disk is cheap :)
09:37 rangi keep lots of back ups
09:38 rangi you'll never wake up one day and go 'omg i have too many backups'
09:38 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5724] Sometimes deletes aren't processed correctly by rebuild zebra <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5724>
09:38 rangi speaking of backups
09:39 rangi you should checkout obnam
09:39 rangi
09:40 * magnuse is trying out obnam, but has not actually tried to restore anything yet... ;-)
09:41 liw restore... restore? ... restore! RESTORE?! why, that's a bloody good idea, being able to restore your backups, I'll make a note of that so that I remember to implement it some day
09:41 rangi there is a #obnam on oftc :)
09:41 rangi hehe
09:41 magnuse lol
09:42 magnuse hm, when i do "git bz attach -e 6595 HEAD^" i get this:, edit it to this:, save and get this error: (have tried it several times now, too)
09:42 rangi ah yeah
09:43 rangi it times out if you take too long doing the edit
09:43 liw lastnode, for transferring the sql dump, you're probably better off without gzipping the dump first; however, you may have some luck with the --rsyncable option to gzip (but it may be Debian specific)
09:43 rangi and by long, its not long at all
09:43 rangi if i knew more python id fix it :)
09:43 magnuse wow, i did not expect that! let me try to be quick
09:43 lastnode im just terrified
09:43 lastnode bc IANA systems engineer
09:43 lastnode im an english teacher :/
09:44 rangi id dump the db each night, keep a weeks worth of nightly backups
09:44 liw lastnode, do you know how fast the network link is over which you transfer the backup?
09:44 rangi and then a few monthly ones too
09:44 lastnode well if i download it to home or school that's 512k/2mbps dsl rspecitvely
09:44 lastnode so im thinking
09:44 lastnode maybe to my dreamhost account
09:44 lastnode (ill be running koha on a linode vps)
09:45 lastnode on that note, 512mb should be more than enoughr ight
09:45 lastnode ram wise?
09:45 rangi it'll be pretty tight
09:45 rangi with mysql and apache
09:46 liw 512 kbit/s is about 15 minutes for the full dump transfer, so that should be pretty fast, I guess
09:46 hdl rangi: about renewals in items table.
09:46 hdl Is it ok not to reset that when the item is checked in ?
09:47 rangi yep, since we move it to old_issues now, thats fine
09:47 hdl i.e. what do libraries want ? to know how many times an item has been renewed ?
09:47 rangi can leave it as it was
09:47 hdl globally ?
09:47 rangi you can get that from the statistics table
09:48 hdl or to show in detail page : this item checked out has been renewed n times.
09:48 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6835] Ability to specify types of email address in <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6835>
09:48 magnuse wow, being real quick solved it - but that feels like doing gamification the wrong way! ;-)
09:48 rangi magnuse: the real fix is to learn python and fix git-bz :-)
09:48 lastnode liw: kilobits, so more like 64K
09:49 magnuse rangi: hehe
09:49 rangi hdl: yep it was a quick way to show that to the librarians
09:49 hdl my use case is that librarians have rather to show in detail page : this item checked out has been renewed n times.
09:50 rangi yep thats fine, because you can get the history from a report using hte statistics table
09:50 hdl So if this is your use case to. Then we need to reset the items.renewal on checkin
09:50 rangi well im not sure anyone is using it currently
09:50 hdl So patch from Fridolyn needs followup.
09:51 magnuse how about sending patches to the patches mail list? do we not worry about that when using git-bz?
09:51 hdl rangi: i am pretty sure one library of ours would LOVE this feature. (
09:51 hdl actually they already have thatà)
09:51 rangi i do that too
09:51 rangi magnuse: git send-email kc/master
09:52 hdl rangi: is there a bug for that ?
09:52 rangi makes the patches and emails them in one go
09:52 rangi hdl: a bug for what?
09:52 magnuse rangi: oh, cool!
09:52 rangi magnuse: kc is the name of my remote and master the branch
09:52 rangi you need a recentish git
09:52 hdl for the items.renewals not being reset.
09:53 rangi no idea
09:53 * magnuse always keeps his git uptodate
09:53 rangi hdl: not that i know of
09:53 hdl Do you use the items.renewal to show how many times it has been renewed for that checkout.
09:54 hdl ?
09:54 rangi no
09:54 hdl oh i thought i do that too... was for me.
09:54 rangi nope that was for magnuse sorry
09:55 lastnode for a small (100 user) library, is it feasible to run the database server
09:55 lastnode on treh same vps as teh koha server
09:55 lastnode *web server
09:56 rangi perfect magnuse :)
09:56 rangi lastnode: not with 512MB of ram its not
09:56 lastnode for now it's going to be just a few staff entering books though
09:56 lastnode up to what user load is it feasible
09:57 rangi cpu load wont be a problem
09:57 lastnode no i mean koha users
09:57 lastnode it will be a few staff accessing it
09:57 lastnode to add data
09:57 magnuse rangi: yay!
09:57 rangi 512MB for apache and mysql is never going to be feasible
09:57 lastnode :/
09:57 lastnode what would recommended be
09:58 rangi you could probably squeak in with 768
09:58 rangi i run on linode with that
09:58 rangi and its pretty easy to get into swap territory if you arent careful
09:59 rangi you'll want to wind the max connections and max threads on apache right down
09:59 rangi soon as you start swapping it spirals into madness very fast
10:02 indradg joined #koha
10:03 lastnode ok
10:03 lastnode i guess ill give it a shot with 512 and see though, rangi
10:03 lastnode not production ofc. testing
10:04 rangi make sure you wind down the max threads in apache, you dont want 12 perl processes all running at the same time :)
10:05 lastnode ok
10:17 lastnode__ joined #koha
10:18 lastnode__ left #koha
10:19 Callender joined #koha
10:26 * magnuse hopes this adds a little bit more clarification than confusion:[…]re_than_one_patch feel free to correct any errors on my part, rangi ;-)
10:26 rangi im too busy watching the world atheltic champs ;)
10:26 kf hdl: I think items.renewal should be the alltime total, issues the one for the current checkout
10:27 rangi my brain is dead, cant concentrate, so watching tv .. but ill take a quick look
10:27 hdl kf : why ?
10:27 hdl it looks nonesense to me.
10:27 kf hdl: perhaps because horizon does it like that hehe
10:28 rangi issues table has a renewals, thats per issue
10:28 hdl libraran want to see how many times it has been renewed NOW.
10:28 rangi yep issues.renewals will tell you that
10:28 kf hdl: I think faster for stats, and if you don't want to keep statistics that long but dump them
10:28 kf hdl: another thing to find out how the item is / was used
10:28 kf and what rangi said
10:28 kf use the issues.renewals for that
10:29 kf have to go - will be back
10:29 hdl but issues table is not used on displaying item.
10:29 kf is now known as kf_mtg
10:29 rangi i was confused before, i thought you were talking about issues table
10:29 rangi it is on the page
10:29 hdl k giving up
10:29 kf_mtg I think both values shoudl show in the reading histories
10:29 kf_mtg item histories
10:30 yhager left #koha
10:31 matts is now known as matts_away
10:36 rangi hdl: GetItemsInfo (which uses) hands back issues data
10:37 rangi line 1205 of C4/
10:37 rangi if you added
10:38 rangi $data->{'current_renewals'}=$idata->{'renewals'};
10:38 rangi then you could add [% items.current_renewals %] (or something like that) to the tt
10:39 rangi then if you wanted, you could show both, like kf would like
10:40 magnuse yay, needs signoff is down from 93 to 78! still some work to do, though...
10:43 indradg left #koha
10:44 paul_p ok, time to go to lunch...
10:47 Callender left #koha
10:49 magnuse is now known as magnus_afk
11:00 Agent_Dani left #koha
11:01 Agent_Dani joined #koha
11:02 rangi ok one more race then sleep for me
11:02 rangi usain bolt running the 200m, always worth watching
11:05 rangi night all, happy bug hunting
11:06 kf_mtg night rangi
11:06 kf_mtg is now known as cait
11:06 cait is now known as kf
11:15 jwagner joined #koha
11:15 paul_p heading to ride my bike...
11:23 paul_p left #koha
11:29 Jesse joined #koha
11:33 kf hi Jesse
11:33 Jesse Hello kf!
11:47 Irma joined #koha
11:51 paul_p joined #koha
11:52 Callender joined #koha
11:53 matts_away is now known as matts
12:15 kf rangi++ for new git tricks
12:16 oleonard joined #koha
12:17 kf hi oleonard :)
12:17 oleonard Hi
12:18 kf oleonard: could you take a look at 6458 suggestions? I am not sure the prefix is needed... or at least I don't see the difference when testing
12:22 oleonard Sure
12:22 kf thank you
12:22 kf I have also posted a summary on the bug, to see what still needs work
12:24 * oleonard has a patch in progress for 6458/
12:24 kf cool :)
12:24 kf I am trying to sign off on yours right now
12:24 kf nothing new in the works
12:26 magnus_afk is now known as magnuse
12:26 kf wb magnuse
12:27 magnuse ta!
12:31 * marcelr must leave now, hoping that someone could have a look on 6536 (z3950 enhancements)
12:32 marcelr left #koha
12:34 kf marcelr++
12:38 hdl kf : if you want to do what rangi suggested feel free.
12:38 kf hdl: sorry?
12:40 tcohen joined #koha
12:41 sophie_m1 joined #koha
12:41 sophie_m1 left #koha
12:41 sophie_m1 joined #koha
12:42 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 4966] no way to finish receiving <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4966>
12:47 sophie_m left #koha
12:49 jwagner kf, your computer is living in the past again :-)  Emails datestamped Tue 8/10/2010 8:58 PM
12:49 kf oh
12:49 kf thx
12:49 kf not used to working with the vm anymore
12:50 jwagner Just think, your computer has a whole year of disasters to live through again!
12:50 kf I beamed it into the present :)
12:51 jwagner Hmmm.  Wish i could learn that trick...
12:56 trea joined #koha
12:57 wizzyrea mornin peeps
12:57 magnuse hiya!
12:58 trea hi manguse
12:58 trea morning #koha
12:59 magnuse kia ora trea
13:01 lastnode could someone direct me to the koha page on barcodes
13:01 lastnode and generating barcodes for call numbers?
13:04 magnuse lastnode: have yuo looked in the manual?
13:04 sekjal joined #koha
13:05 lastnode magnuse: looking now
13:05 magnuse kia ora sekjal
13:06 sekjal God morgen, magnuse
13:07 magnuse :-)
13:07 kf hi wizzyrea and trea
13:07 kf oh and sekjal :)
13:07 sekjal hi, kf
13:17 trea morning kf
13:21 Agent_Dani \o
13:21 kf hi Agent_Dani
13:23 lastnode magnuse: ive spent some time looking, but would really like a poitner int eh right direction
13:23 lastnode re: generating bar codes for our own call numbers
13:25 lastnode *really appreciate
13:25 wizzyrea you mean just generating barcodes in general?
13:26 pelletiermaxime joined #koha
13:26 aogle joined #koha
13:27 magnuse ouch, that was all i had time for today, wish i could have done more. happy bug squashing folks!
13:27 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
13:27 sekjal magnuse++
13:30 vfernandes joined #koha
13:32 kf lastnode: do you want to generate labels or the numbers when cataloging items?
13:33 vfernandes hi ppl...
13:33 kf hi vfernandes
13:33 vfernandes there is a log for the preferences changes?
13:34 kf do you mean newly added preferences after an update?
13:34 vfernandes i mean if someone change a system preference
13:34 vfernandes that is saved?
13:34 kf yes
13:34 kf action_log I think
13:34 kmkale left #koha
13:35 glernil joined #koha
13:35 glernil hello
13:35 wahanui what's up, glernil
13:36 glernil i have a problem in the debian package
13:36 lastnode kf: generate numbers and then print labels i think
13:36 indradg joined #koha
13:36 kf system preference autobarcode
13:36 kf for generating a number automatically
13:36 kf there are different schemes
13:36 lastnode tthanks
13:36 lastnode is thre arundown of each scehem somewhere?
13:36 kf and for the label creators check the labels prefrences and the options under tools
13:37 kf there is a description in the pref text :)
13:37 lastnode oh yes
13:37 lastnode thank you very much
13:37 glernil how can i alter the cron settings of every koha instance in my debian installation?
13:38 kf glernil: are you using the koha-common packages?
13:38 glernil yup...
13:38 kf hm not sure about that
13:38 kf have you checked the wiki pages for the koha-common packages?
13:38 vfernandes kf i don't have any log on the system preferences
13:38 vfernandes how i can actiavte it?
13:39 vfernandes in the tab "logs" there isn't a option for that
13:39 kf h it should always log I think
13:39 glernil there are two instances of koha... i tried to upgrade from 3.2.9 to 3.4.4 and changed the cron settings just like changing the settings of a non-debian installation
13:39 kf it's in my action_logs table
13:40 kf vfernandes: have you checked yoru database table or only the log viewer?
13:40 vfernandes i've checked my database
13:40 vfernandes and also log viewer
13:41 kf it works for me
13:41 vfernandes the system preferences aren't being saved
13:41 kf select * from action_logs where module = "SYSTEMPREFERENCE"
13:41 sophie_m1 left #koha
13:42 vfernandes omg... i was checking my testing database instead of final database
13:43 kf ah good
13:43 kf better than a hidden bug :)
13:43 vfernandes yes :)
13:44 talljoy joined #koha
13:44 sophie_m joined #koha
13:44 lastnode when autobarcodeis enabled
13:45 lastnode where exactly is it generated
13:45 lastnode im sorry, i cant seem to fidn this info inteh docs
13:46 lastnode oh right it generated it
13:46 lastnode thanks!
13:47 vfernandes kf++
13:47 kmkale joined #koha
13:47 vfernandes another thing sometimes the cataloguinglog preferences in the catalogue tab is changed to not log
13:47 vfernandes anyone knows why?
13:48 glernil1 joined #koha
13:53 LBA joined #koha
13:53 glernil left #koha
13:54 glernil joined #koha
13:55 oleonard kf still around?
13:55 kmkale_ joined #koha
13:55 kf here
13:55 oleonard regarding and that variable scope issue...
13:55 oleonard I think your patch is correct in removing the scope
13:56 oleonard Line 305 of $template->param( "statusselected_$$suggestion_ref{'STATUS'}" =>1);
13:56 kf I was not sure -thx for checking
13:56 glernil1 left #koha
13:56 oleonard That's a variable all by itself, no no scope necessary as far as I can tell
13:57 kf it seems to behave the same before and after
13:57 kf although there is still a problem with tabs vanishing when you change a status of one suggestion
13:58 oleonard I can't see under what circumstances that variable would ever evaluate as true in the context of that status selector.
13:58 oleonard Why would a status be preselected in that "mark selected as..." form?
13:58 kf I am not sure
13:58 kf really
14:00 kmkale left #koha
14:00 kmkale_ is now known as kmkale
14:00 kf so the sign-off stands?
14:00 kf could you comment perhaps?
14:00 oleonard Commenting now.
14:01 kf thx!
14:01 kf I am about to sign-off on opac-reserve
14:01 kf I did a follow-up for memberentry
14:02 oleonard I saw that, thank you.
14:02 oleonard I'm not surprised I missed something, that thing was a beast.
14:02 kf yep
14:02 kf I think it needs more work still - and simplifying
14:02 kf it's still problematic for translations
14:03 vfernandes guyes there is some process/script that turn off cataloguing log
14:03 vfernandes ?
14:03 oleonard A system preference vfernandes
14:03 oleonard CataloguingLog
14:04 vfernandes yes I know... but it's the 3rd time that I turn on the preference
14:04 vfernandes something turns off the preferenece
14:04 vfernandes maybe
14:05 kf hm
14:05 kf weird
14:05 kf what do the logs show? not entries for turning it off I guess?
14:05 vfernandes no entries for turning off
14:06 vfernandes only turning on
14:06 kf is your turning on correctly save dto the systempreferences table?
14:06 vfernandes yes i've checked it now...
14:07 glernil left #koha
14:07 vfernandes CataloguingLog = 1
14:08 kf sorry, not sure how that can happyn
14:08 kf happen
14:08 kf oleonard: leaving now - will be back later and trying to sign-off on some more
14:09 oleonard Thanks kf
14:09 kf thanks to you :)
14:09 glernil1 joined #koha
14:09 kf left #koha
14:10 glernil1 how can i set the cron settings of every koha instance in a debian koha installation using the koha-common package
14:13 oleonard glernil1: If there's no one online now who can answer your question, you might have better luck emailing the mailing list
14:14 vfernandes oleanard i have no idea of what can be?
14:15 trea mailing lists?
14:15 wahanui mailing lists are at[…]ha-mailing-lists/
14:16 glernil joined #koha
14:19 glernil1 left #koha
14:20 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
14:20 jcamins Good morning, #koha
14:21 vfernandes hi jcamins
14:21 glernil1 joined #koha
14:24 glernil2 joined #koha
14:24 glernil left #koha
14:28 glernil joined #koha
14:29 glernil1 left #koha
14:31 glernil1 joined #koha
14:32 glernil2 left #koha
14:33 vfernandes left #koha
14:36 jcamins postfix?
14:36 wahanui somebody said postfix was found at
14:36 glernil left #koha
14:38 jcamins Hey, do we have an IRC meeting on Wednesday?
14:39 glernil1 left #koha
14:39 oleonard That's what Mr. Topic says jcamins
14:39 jcamins oleonard: ah, right.
14:42 jcamins oleonard: (or someone else) any chance you could do a quick check and see if the out-of-the-box Z39.50 configuration for Columbia is working for you?
14:42 jcamins It doesn't matter what you search for - "en damus chronicon" as title should do it.
14:43 oleonard I can't imagine why I would search for anything else.
14:44 oleonard That title doesn't return any results, but other searches work.
14:44 oleonard I searched "dictionary," and that returned results. Then I searched for a specific title in those results and got a correct hit
14:45 jcamins Okay, so you are able to connect.
14:45 * jcamins thinks he accidentally turned on a firewall.
14:48 oleonard I see that turns off the CataloguingLog and back on again. I wonder if an error in that script could cause it not to turn back on?
14:49 paul_p oleonard, yep, there is = the script is run without CGI, so without auth, so the librarian is 0, and Logger dislike librarian=0...
14:50 paul_p + when you bulkmarcimport 100k biblios, you loose a lot of time filling logs, and it's probably useless...
14:50 paul_p (to log)
14:50 wizzyrea since you already know who did it, and it wasn't through the web interface. Maybe 1 entry for "OMG SOMEONE LOADED A WHOLE BUNCH OF STUFF"
14:50 wizzyrea sorry, yelling.
14:51 paul_p lol wizzyrea
14:51 wizzyrea at least I made you laught
14:51 paul_p (good morning usa/canada/south america)
14:51 wizzyrea :)
14:51 trea morning paul_p
14:52 paul_p thx trea my morning was good, but it was a long time ago ;-) (5PM in France)
14:52 trea ah fair enough
14:54 trea whatever time of day we find you in, i hope it's going well.
14:56 oleonard paul_p: Lose a lot of time filling logs? I thought the script was turning logging off?
14:57 paul_p wizzyrea, your idea is not applicable, each entry must also have the biblionumber
14:58 wizzyrea an entry for beginning bibnumber, and ending one?
14:58 wizzyrea "I started here" "I ended here"
14:59 wizzyrea truthfully there's not a problem here
14:59 wizzyrea if no one cares that bulkimiports aren't logged, then I don't either
14:59 wizzyrea :P
14:59 wizzyrea yay I made up a word! imiports!
14:59 wizzyrea sigh
15:01 jcamins paul_p: if I wanted to have a rule that says consider 'v' and 'u' interchangeable in the title, could I do that in solr?
15:01 paul_p jcamins, i'm definetly not the guy to ask for solR stuff !
15:02 paul_p clrh, will be much more "usefull" here !
15:02 druthb joined #koha
15:02 jcamins paul_p: oh, I thought you were involved with that, sorry.
15:02 jcamins clrh: if I wanted a rule that said "treat the letters 'u' and 'v' interchangeably in the title," would solr be able to handle it.
15:02 jcamins s/\.$/?/
15:04 * jcamins goes to make 'u' and 'v' interchangeable in Zebra.
15:04 lastnode im having a problem where a lot of the z39.50 searches i do give me editions of books that dont match with the ones i have
15:04 lastnode (non american publications)
15:05 lastnode what are some international z39.50 targets i can try?
15:05 jcamins lastnode: that's going to happen a lot.
15:05 jcamins
15:05 lastnode are tehre any rememdies, jcamins?
15:06 jcamins lastnode: no, you just have to look through until you find the right one.
15:06 lastnode jcamins: no i mean they dont eve nshow up in the list
15:06 jcamins Ugh. This SSH client doesn't support Unicode.
15:06 jcamins lastnode: you can try other targets- that link was a list of z39.50 targets.
15:06 lastnode yeah im looking through
15:07 oleonard Could the title not show up on the list because the list doesn't show all results?
15:07 jcamins oleonard: it's possible.
15:08 druthb left #koha
15:08 Guillaume left #koha
15:08 clrh jcamins you have "fuzzy search" with solr but not sure it does it exactly like that
15:09 jcamins clrh: probably not. That's not really the usual definition of "fuzzy search."
15:09 jcamins ;)
15:09 clrh example imagine you do a query search like q=ste_title:world will find all biblio containing wolrd
15:09 clrh world
15:09 clrh but youshould do too q=ste_title:wordl~ to do a fuzzy search
15:10 clrh I think solr look at the similar world in his index if you use "~" char
15:10 clrh am I clear? or not?
15:10 clrh do I answer the question?
15:10 reiveune by
15:10 reiveune bye
15:10 clrh[…]syntax.html#Fuzzy Searches
15:10 reiveune left #koha
15:11 jcamins clrh: well, the challenge is that I would like to be able to specify that there has to be an exact match, except 'u's and 'v's can be interchangeable, as can be 'i's and 'j's.
15:12 clrh jcamins: ok I don't know how to do that - I never think to do it
15:12 jcamins clrh: understandable. It's a bit of an odd task.
15:12 lastnode the british national library has a record syntax called SUTRS
15:12 jcamins lastnode: Koha can't use SUTRS.
15:13 lastnode oh
15:13 oleonard
15:13 clrh I am sorry but I have to leave, could we continue on monday?
15:13 jcamins lastnode: however, if you're in the UK, you can license MARC syntax.
15:13 jcamins clrh: you answered my question. :)
15:13 clrh ok thanks jcamins :)
15:13 clrh have a good week end
15:13 clrh left #koha
15:14 lastnode license jcamins?
15:14 jcamins lastnode: yeah, I don't have any details beyond that.
15:14 lastnode as in pay for and license?
15:14 jcamins lastnode: slef may be able to find more details for you.
15:14 lastnode ok will look into it
15:16 julian left #koha
15:16 wizzyrea oleonard that is weird
15:16 oleonard Useless and yet fascinating.
15:17 wizzyrea I drew a line, and it correlated to tim mcgraw lyrics, of all things
15:18 oleonard I just did one that correlated to "public library association conference"
15:18 wizzyrea lol!
15:18 oleonard ...which matches "san diego panda cam"
15:18 wizzyrea lol
15:18 talljoy is now known as talljoy_away
15:20 lastnode when i import a book, how is the koha full call number generated?
15:20 jcamins lastnode: it's automatically pulled from the record, if the record has a call number in the field you specify, or you have to give it one yourself.
15:20 jcamins The syspref is...
15:21 jcamins itemcallnumber
15:21 lastnode thanks
15:22 lastnode so if using dewey, across teh board the call number will generally be the same, at whatever library?
15:22 lastnode (it ties the isbn = call number?)
15:22 jcamins lastnode: no.
15:22 lastnode ok
15:22 lastnode i will read up on this, thank you for clarifying
15:22 jcamins lastnode: the call number will generally be close, but it may be longer or shorter, depending on the library.
15:25 jcamins The call number is stored in the record, most likely in 082.
15:25 jcamins In principle, the call numbers stored in 082 are supposed to be consistent, but a lot of the consistency comes from the Library of Congress.
15:25 jcamins (wouldn't it be nice if there were a simple answer to this sort of question?;)
15:25 lastnode so the indeed
15:25 lastnode so teh part after the / and .
15:26 lastnode are generated by koha, correct?
15:26 jcamins Nope.
15:26 jcamins The slashes are put in to give catalogers clues about good places to break the call number, if they don't want such a long call number.
15:26 jcamins The . is an integral part of the call number.
15:28 lastnode and when you grab it from a search it pulls in the call number
15:28 lastnode from teh marc record
15:28 lastnode got it
15:28 lastnode !
15:29 alex_a left #koha
15:30 Callender left #koha
15:31 sophie_m left #koha
15:35 rhcl_away wizzyrea: you saw the news on the Alaskan earthquake surely. I want to be on record as saying New Madrid is going to hit us sometime
15:35 Callender joined #koha
15:35 wizzyrea oh I haven't been with the news today
15:35 wizzyrea alaskan earthquake. huh.
15:37 oleonard I wonder if melting permafrost affects earthquakes.
15:40 rhcl_away 6.8 near Atka, AK
15:40 rhcl_away is now known as rhcl
15:41 oleonard The news article I just read reported the locals as saying, "Yeah, whatever."
15:42 francharb hey guys, ladies! any sql expert around here? i'm looking to count how many records i got with a 009@ field! do you think this will work ? select count(*) from biblioitems where ExtractValue(marcxml,'//datafield[​@tag="009"]/subfield[@code="@"]') is not NULL;
15:42 rhcl yea, but it was so remote apparently, there weren't that many people very close to it
15:43 francharb it's the subfield[@code="@" that doesnt look good to me...
15:43 francharb any idea?
15:43 jcamins francharb: 009@?
15:43 jcamins 009 shouldn't have subfields.
15:44 francharb i dont know how it works with marc21, but with unimarc, anyfield with 9 in it (009 / 09X / 9XX...) is a local field...
15:44 matts is now known as matts_away
15:45 jcamins francharb: that's (mostly) true in MARC21, but you still shouldn't have any subfields in an 00x field.
15:45 francharb ok
15:46 francharb but the information is within the field, not the subfield 009_@_
15:46 jcamins francharb: yes, that's how it's supposed to be.
15:46 jcamins francharb: oh!
15:47 jcamins I just realized what you're asking.
15:47 francharb hehe
15:47 jcamins The @ is a peculiarity of Koha.
15:47 francharb yep
15:47 melia joined #koha
15:47 francharb and my request is working but not the way i want to... it counts every records i got
15:47 jcamins ExtractValue("//controlfield[@tag='009']") IS NOT NULL;
15:48 jcamins Wait, no.
15:48 francharb so maybe is the condition which is not working
15:48 jcamins ExtractValue("//controlfield[@tag='009']/text()") IS NOT NULL;
15:48 francharb humm!! :)
15:48 francharb i'm trying that right now!
15:49 francharb thanks
15:49 * francharb is crossing fingers
15:49 jcamins You're welcome. I hope it works.
15:49 jcamins It won't.
15:49 francharb haha
15:50 jcamins I don't think ExtractValue ever returns NULL.
15:50 jcamins Try checking that the length is greater than zero.
15:50 francharb good idea!
15:50 * oleonard quits early
15:50 oleonard left #koha
16:08 slef can someone please tell the world that Global Bug Squash Day does not mean I have to fix the entire globe's bugs today? ;-)  hi all
16:10 jcamins slef: but it does mean that.
16:11 Jesse left #koha
16:12 jcamins slef: starting with the roaches that keep on wandering into our apartment. :P
16:14 jcamins slef: any chance I could persuade you to sign off on bug 6800? Should be pretty easy.
16:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6800 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED , Koha authentication should handle proxies better
16:16 Jesse joined #koha
16:16 slef jcamins: I'm working on synchronisation for the next hour, sorry. Maybe if I get some more hack time after people leave this evening.
16:17 jcamins slef: ah well. It was worth a try. ;)
16:18 slef I'm sympathetic to the bug but I don't have a HTTP proxy immediately to hand (does it afflict SOCKS proxies?), so it's not simple.
16:18 wizzyrea well that's odd
16:19 jcamins I don't think it affects SOCKS proxies.
16:19 wizzyrea clicking the x for cancel hold prompts to create a new hold?
16:19 jcamins Actually, I guess I should try that.
16:19 wizzyrea and the up/down buttons do the same thing
16:20 slef jcamins: I can try that but I don't think it would because you don't often pool them, if the bug is what I think it is
16:20 slef proxy pools, isn't it?
16:20 jcamins Yeah.
16:20 jcamins Also reverse proxies.
16:20 slef when/where?
16:20 wahanui when/where is it?
16:21 slef ooh, I've tons of reverse proxies around... but no, I must sort this sync bug out first ;-) stop trying to tempt me
16:21 jcamins :)
16:21 slef Try checking that the length?
16:21 wahanui Try checking that the length is greater than zero.
16:22 kmkale bye all
16:22 kmkale left #koha
16:22 yhager joined #koha
16:23 jcamins slef: thanks for pointing out the SOCKS issue. That's not the specific problem I was looking to solve, but it would probably be good to have a follow-up that supports it.
16:23 slef oooh, if you have the new autocompleting google, type in "sometimes I like" and see if you get the jesus one. (ht: failblog)
16:24 aogle left #koha
16:24 aogle joined #koha
16:25 pianohacker joined #koha
16:25 aogle left #koha
16:26 trea is now known as trea-away
16:27 pianohacker Hallo
16:28 slef allo
16:30 Jesse_ joined #koha
16:33 cait joined #koha
16:33 cait hi all
16:36 Jesse left #koha
16:36 Jesse_ is now known as Jesse
16:39 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6840] error in in logs <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6840>
16:48 lastnode this probably isnt the place to ask stuff about the DDC
16:48 lastnode so please ignore it if it's not applicable
16:48 lastnode but i was just wondering, if a z39.50 doesnt bring up a DDC call number and i have to create my own
16:48 lastnode which publications do i combine dewey for
16:49 lastnode like 973 = north america + .05 (periodicals)
16:49 lastnode to make 973.50
16:49 slef you need a cataloguer. I'm not one but maybe one is here. There might be a better place, but I don't know where.
16:50 lastnode ok
16:50 jcamins lastnode: you'll probably want the official DDC book.
16:50 slef I wonder if this is the sort of thing AACR and so say.
16:50 jcamins No, it's not in AACR2.
16:51 jcamins See
16:51 jcamins They're mostly online, these days, but there's still a print version.
16:51 lastnode for most stuff tough
16:51 lastnode the march record we import should have it, right
16:52 jcamins lastnode: I'd give you...
16:52 jcamins even odds.
16:52 lastnode :)
16:52 Barrc left #koha
17:02 paul_p left #koha
17:04 hdl left #koha
17:06 talljoy_away is now known as talljoy
17:17 francharb jcamins: finally, i got what i wanted! it's maybe dirty but it worked :) select count(*) from biblioitems where marcxml like '%controlfield tag="009"%';
17:17 francharb ;)
17:17 jcamins francharb: heh. That works. :)
17:18 francharb :)
17:18 francharb hdl and laurence_l helped me!
17:19 cait hi francharb :)
17:19 francharb hi cait
17:19 francharb cait: i didn't forget you
17:19 francharb about the gst management development
17:20 francharb documentation
17:20 wahanui documentation is at
17:20 francharb it's on my todo list! ;)
17:20 francharb i couldn't make it last time but i will, hopefully, soon!
17:26 francharb i wake at 7am and start working a 7:30. it's 7:30pm... i need a break from work...
17:26 francharb good afternoon/evening/morning/whatever it is! ;)
17:26 francharb bye all
17:26 francharb left #koha
17:44 trea-away is now known as trea
17:48 Callender left #koha
17:51 Callender joined #koha
17:51 Barrc joined #koha
18:14 Barrc left #koha
18:18 libsysguy joined #koha
18:18 libsysguy sekjal you around?
18:19 sekjal libsysguy:  yup, I'm here
18:19 libsysguy just wanted to let you know that I just personally tested fines for hourly (instead of circ) and it seems to be working...but we aren't running automated notices so I can't give you a definite answer on those
18:21 sekjal libsysguy:  did you set up fines to accrue daily, or hourly?
18:21 libsysguy actually I didn't set up fines...margo did but i can go check her work
18:22 libsysguy fines are supposed to accrue hourly
18:22 chris_n does it seem odd to anyone that a staff member with catalog permissions must have circulation permissions in order to change branches to catalog under various branches?
18:23 wizzyrea hm. that soudns like a bug to me
18:23 chris_n we have a "central" cataloging crew for all of the various "branch" libraries on campus
18:23 libsysguy can somebody look at public lists real quick?
18:23 wizzyrea but what permission would that fall under, of the ones we have?
18:23 libsysguy i can create a public list but my items dont save :'(
18:23 wizzyrea libsysguy: masteR?
18:23 wahanui it has been said that masteR is for 3.6
18:24 wizzyrea master?
18:24 wahanui i heard master was for 3.6
18:24 wizzyrea weird.
18:24 chris_n wizzyrea: well, probably if one has cataloging permissions or circulation perms one should be able to switch branches
18:24 libsysguy actually
18:24 cait libsysguy: from staff or opac?
18:24 libsysguy i can't use master since I am testing the hourly branch
18:24 libsysguy either
18:24 wizzyrea oh
18:24 libsysguy but i was testing opac
18:25 wizzyrea i agree, both should be able to do it
18:29 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Fix for Bug 2539 - kohaspsuggest is deprecated, notes outmoded <[…]6ad8321dde50d12c1>
18:30 libsysguy wizzyrea or cait did you see the public thing?
18:30 libsysguy or was it a fix that i just missed
18:30 wizzyrea i haven't looked yet >.<
18:30 libsysguy eek sorry
18:30 libsysguy no rush
18:30 libsysguy i have to head up stairs for a sec
18:30 libsysguy is now known as libsysguy_afk
18:32 wizzyrea libsysguy_afk: I'm not seeing that problem
18:33 wizzyrea how exactly were you doing it
18:35 chris_n` joined #koha
18:35 chris_n is now known as Guest8361
18:35 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
18:35 * chris_n sure will be glad when they plow in that new 25pr service drop :-P
18:36 jenkins_koha Starting build 398 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #385 15 j ago)
18:38 cait oh
18:38 libsysguy_afk wizzyrea: i create a public list
18:38 libsysguy_afk then do a search
18:38 libsysguy_afk check some items
18:38 libsysguy_afk and then select the list from the dropdown and click save
18:38 libsysguy_afk but nothing shows up when i view the list
18:38 libsysguy_afk is now known as libsysguy
18:40 Guest8361 left #koha
18:40 libsysguy also sekjal when is a good time to schedule an IRC meeting about notices
18:42 sekjal libsysguy:  for me?  next week in the morning (East Coast time) or after 3pm (again, East Coast), Tue - Fri
18:42 sekjal need to factor in any other participants local times, though
18:43 libsysguy right
18:43 libsysguy i thought cait might want to be in on it
18:43 cait if you don#t make it between midnight and 6 am my time I will try to come
18:43 wizzyrea libsysguy: that's exactly wht i did
18:43 wizzyrea and it worked fine for me
18:43 libsysguy dang it so it is just broken in my branch
18:43 libsysguy grr
18:43 wizzyrea *nod*
18:44 wizzyrea looks that way
18:44 * libsysguy is not happy
18:44 libsysguy lol
18:44 * wizzyrea pats libsysguy
18:44 wizzyrea hey at least you didn't discover that the reordering of holds doesn't work.
18:44 * libsysguy wishes hourly was in master
18:44 wizzyrea it isn't because it needs testing or... what
18:44 wizzyrea lots want it i'm sure
18:45 libsysguy i've signed off on it
18:45 wizzyrea it's waiting qa?
18:45 libsysguy i guess its...yea that ^^
18:45 * wizzyrea pokes the qa ppls
18:45 wizzyrea (lovingly)
18:45 libsysguy i think i can only poke the qa's so many times before they start poking back
18:45 rangi it changes a crapton of stuff
18:46 wizzyrea oh, hi there
18:46 libsysguy yeah it does
18:46 rangi sekjal will want to have a pretty good look at it
18:46 libsysguy yeah rangi when did you sneak in
18:46 rangi scroll back and see when jenkins kicked off a build
18:46 rangi about then
18:46 libsysguy hehe
18:46 libsysguy rangi enters in stealth mode
18:47 * sekjal is buried up to his neck this week, and probably parts of next, so testing will take some time to complete
18:47 libsysguy yeah i figured you were buried up past your neck
18:47 rangi any others who want to run that branch for a while testing, will most certainly help
18:48 wizzyrea chris_n you must be running independent branches?
18:48 wizzyrea interestingly the header only checks for user management perms if you're in indy branches
18:48 chris_n correct
18:48 wizzyrea if you're not indy, it doesn't check perms at all (afaict)
18:48 chris_n probably a whole nest of bugs there, eh
18:48 * chris_n reaches for the bug spray
18:48 wizzyrea well you'd have to be logged in I guess ;)
18:48 * libsysguy looks for perl swatter
18:49 wizzyrea now, the question is
18:49 jcamins Why doesn't the standard bibliography note the existence of at least two issues and three states for this book?
18:49 wizzyrea do we want it to check for perms without indy branches or not? I'm guessing not?
18:49 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: bug 6834 followup removing param_map <[…]5bbc9de31e08d2e85> / Bug 6834 : Removing last of the $template->{param_map} <[…]01fc04330c9d9aba1> / Merge branch 'new/bug_6479' into kcmaster <[…]diff;h=afa94246d3
18:49 jcamins Good uqestion!
18:50 chris_n not sure about that
18:50 wizzyrea chris_n: I think I have a fix ready for your issue, gimme a min to test it
18:50 chris_n wow... that's fast :-)
18:50 wizzyrea file a bug for it?
18:51 chris_n om
18:51 wizzyrea well I didn't mean to stress you out to the point of requiring meditation
18:51 wizzyrea lol
18:52 chris_n bug 6841
18:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6841 major, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , A member with cataloging permissions cannot change branches (when independent branches is set on)
18:53 chris_n heh
18:53 wizzyrea ty :)
18:53 chris_n that'd be "oooommmmm" I think
18:53 wizzyrea hehe
18:53 * chris_n was just cherry-picking commits to 3.4.x
18:54 chris_n a pretty stress-free job actually :)
18:54 wizzyrea nice
18:54 gmcharlt cherry-picking as mediation?  I like
18:54 gmcharlt er, meditation
18:55 gmcharlt though I suppose it could also be mediation, at times
18:55 chris_n lol
18:55 gmcharlt actually, yes, it *has* to be mediation at times
18:55 * chris_n thinks that all patches filed against search code qualify as bugfixes and not enhancements
18:55 gmcharlt how else to resolve conflicts, merge ?
18:56 chris_n search  code == one big bug
18:56 rangi i like its stress free, means we are doing something right
18:59 chris_n heh... spoke too soon
18:59 * chris_n fixes up a failed merge
18:59 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6595: [ENH] [SIGNED-OFF] Fixing German translation and address formatting (HOLD_P... <[…]bbf3612f7bf0695b7> / Bug 6595:[ENH] [SIGNED-OFF] Add German translation of purchase suggestion mails <[…]f2f9655efaee6f993>
18:59 chris_n this sort of thing happens in road construction all the time: people fail to merge early enough
19:01 jcamins chris_n: actually, it's best to merge as late as possible.
19:01 wizzyrea ^^
19:01 wizzyrea scientifically proven
19:01 jcamins There was a book about it.
19:01 wizzyrea zipper merges are faster
19:01 jcamins wizzyrea: what was the book? I think you recommended it.
19:01 wizzyrea i don't remember!
19:01 jcamins Traffic?
19:02 wizzyrea[…]view-book-traffic
19:02 jcamins Yup. Traffic.
19:02 wizzyrea that seems right
19:03 rangi whats not best
19:03 rangi is to duck out of your lane
19:03 rangi zoom up and try to merge in front of me
19:03 rangi cos im gonna block your dumb arse
19:04 cait ?
19:04 wizzyrea right, he talks about the human tendency to do that :)
19:04 cait morning rangi
19:04 chris_n I've always been of the opinion that if everyone let one car in ahead, things would go more smoothly
19:04 wizzyrea because it's not fair
19:04 rangi thats the route cause of all merge problems
19:04 rangi queue jumping
19:04 rangi :)
19:04 * cait gives up
19:04 rangi cait: talking about traffic
19:04 rangi you dont drive eh?
19:04 cait nope
19:04 * rangi hates driving with a passion
19:04 wizzyrea right, if people just stayed in their lane up to the merge, and did it zipperlike, things would be nice and smooth
19:04 rangi makes me want to kill people
19:04 cait I avoided it altogether
19:05 rangi good choice
19:05 * chris_n loves driving
19:05 wizzyrea i like driving less than I used to
19:05 chris_n fast
19:05 wizzyrea but public transit sucks in kansas.
19:05 libsysguy if you think its bad in Kansas...
19:05 rangi we have new realtime signs now
19:05 rangi bus 4 is due in 4 mins
19:05 wizzyrea nice!
19:05 jcamins They've started adding those in the subways.
19:05 jcamins Still some glitches, though.
19:06 rangi cos they all have gps on them, to do the charging
19:06 rangi theyve had it in christchurch for about 6 years
19:06 cait bigger cities have those here
19:06 jcamins "No train scheduled."
19:06 rangi finally got it in wellington
19:06 rangi plus you can use it on your phone
19:06 wizzyrea ooo
19:07 rangi the nearest bus stop from you is 50 metres and the bus will be there in 7 mins
19:07 rangi handy
19:07 rangi handy for cafes too'
19:07 rangi cos an espresso takes about 4-5 mins to make
19:08 rangi so i know i can duck in a get one, and not miss my bus :)
19:08 cait hehe
19:08 jcamins rangi: yes, but does it tell you "the bus you are on is going to suddenly, and for no particular reason, change routes and bring you in the opposite direction from where you were going, dropping you off in a place that has no other bus stops, thus requiring you to walk the entire route you were trying to take the bus to avoid walking"?
19:08 rangi chris_n: actually i hated driving in the US less than here
19:09 rangi jcamins: luckily that doesnt happen here
19:09 rangi however the bus from toledo to cleveland
19:09 jcamins rangi: I guess the technology isn't ready for New York yet.
19:09 rangi im not doing that again
19:10 cait long?
19:11 rangi not super long, but scary
19:12 LBA left #koha
19:13 aarkerio joined #koha
19:14 rangi made quite a few stops along the way, some of those bus stations are scary!!
19:14 jcamins That does sound a bit hair-raising.
19:15 wizzyrea some places in the US are scary :P
19:15 chris_n rangi: the fix for bug 6656 does not apply cleanly to 3.4.x
19:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6656 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , Default sort preferences ignored on advanced search
19:16 jcamins wizzyrea: actually, my experience has been that most bus rides of any significant distance in the US are kind of unnerving.
19:16 wizzyrea ^^
19:16 wizzyrea plus, bus travel is sorely mismanaged in the US
19:16 wizzyrea they put bus stops in the weirdest places
19:16 wizzyrea and they're usually not looked after very well
19:17 wizzyrea hence, scary
19:17 wizzyrea well and the sheer size of the US makes busses... well, les easy
19:17 wizzyrea less*
19:17 * cait makes a mental not not to travel by bus in us
19:17 jcamins We were in Delaware a few weeks ago for Shari's cousin's daughter's wedding. We took the bus down.
19:18 rangi chris_n: whats the conflict?
19:19 chris_n both files have conflicts
19:19 rangi ill do a rebase of it for 3.4.x and attach to the bug
19:19 chris_n looks a bit messy
19:19 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 4966 - follow up - add xhtml closure for input tags <[…]891e816da014a8c4e> / bug4966 - follow up to 4966 changes language from 'end' to 'finish' <[…]67ac0da345d20a0a0> / bug 4966: Add a button in for confirm end receiving <http://git.koha-commun
19:20 chris_n so I figured I'd better leave it to you
19:20 jcamins It dropped us off in an empty parking lot behind a random strip mall.
19:20 jcamins cait: wise.
19:20 jcamins The word "finish" gives more closure than the word "end"?
19:21 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #398: STILL UNSTABLE in 44 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/398/
19:21 jenkins_koha oleonard: Fix for Bug 2539 - kohaspsuggest is deprecated, notes outmoded
19:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2539 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , kohaspsuggest is deprecated, notes outmoded
19:21 rangi apparently slow
19:21 jenkins_koha Starting build 399 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #385 15 j ago)
19:21 chris_n rangi: same lines in both files; starts about line 210 or so
19:21 rangi so too
19:21 rangi jcamins: personally i think 'i will end you' sounds more final :)
19:21 cait bug 6458 feels endless
19:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6458 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, ASSIGNED , incorrect parsing result in translation processing
19:24 chris_n man, that's one bunch of commits
19:24 aarkerio hi! there is  way to add a PDF in Koha? I mean, just add the URL to PDF file
19:26 jcamins libsysguy: looks like a fix to the RIS export was pushed.
19:26 jcamins aarkerio: if you're using MARC21, you probably want the 856 tag.
19:26 rangi chris_n: new patch attached
19:27 aarkerio great! thanks!!
19:27 chris_n rangi: tnx
19:29 rangi or 952u aarkerio if you want it to be attached to an item, the choice is yours :)
19:30 jcamins rangi: I didn't even know about 952u. Interesting.
19:30 libsysguy grr too bad im not on master jcamins
19:30 jcamins libsysguy: ah, yes it is.
19:31 libsysguy soon hopefully
19:31 libsysguy whenever hourly gets pushed i can go back
19:31 rangi libsysguy: you could cherry-pick the fix?
19:31 libsysguy thats true...but i did set up the server end
19:31 libsysguy i just need to call refworks to see if they can connect now
19:32 rangi 6 days to rugby world cup starts
19:32 jcamins libsysguy: oh, I guess I won't ask how it works, then.
19:32 libsysguy z39.50 i think
19:32 rangi
19:32 libsysguy but im not well versed on the topic
19:33 aarkerio I can't see 952, I have 955 in 9 tab (MARC21 FORMAT)
19:33 jcamins libsysguy: I meant, whether you were finding it successful. ;)
19:34 cait aarkerio: it's a field in the item
19:34 wizzyrea rangi, that's silly
19:34 rangi it is
19:34 aarkerio ooh! I see, thanks!
19:34 rangi first game is nz vs tonga
19:35 rangi[…]g&feature=related
19:35 rangi like this !
19:35 aarkerio I will go to NZ to open the first real chimichanga bar!
19:36 rangi hehe you should
19:36 rangi because i will eat all of them
19:36 rangi my sons love churros
19:36 jenkins_koha Starting build 39 for job Koha_3.4.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:37 aarkerio In :
19:37 aarkerio 4 means "d" ?
19:37 jcamins aarkerio: huh?
19:38 chris_n @later tell eythian I pushed 6275; let me know if there are others related to packaging that I've missed; thanks
19:38 huginn chris_n: The operation succeeded.
19:38 aarkerio I see "4 - HTTP"  in documentation, but I see letters (a,b,c) in Koha marc format
19:38 jcamins aarkerio: the 4 refers to the indicator.
19:39 jcamins You have to set the indicators and the subfields.
19:39 cait hm
19:39 cait someone using branch transfer limits?
19:39 rangi 856u aarkerio
19:39 rangi @marc 856u
19:39 huginn rangi: unknown tag 856u
19:39 rangi @marc 856
19:39 huginn rangi: The information needed to locate and access an electronic resource. The field may be used in a bibliographic record for a resource when that resource or a subset of it is available electronically. In addition, it may be used to locate and access an electronic version of a non-electronic resource described in the bibliographic record or a related electronic resource. (Repeatable) (1 more message)
19:39 cait I can't save changes and i can't switch to another library
19:39 jcamins aarkerio: actually, I'm not sure you need the indicator, since it's impossible to preview a PDF in Koha.
19:40 rangi u for url is how i remember it
19:40 aarkerio mm, I got it!!!  thanks
19:41 aarkerio I want to add the URL in MARC, so the user can download the PDF book
19:43 rangi yup 856u is all you need for koha to show the url, you can put stuff in v (i think) and it will use that as the text of the link
19:44 jcamins Hm. v doesn't sound quite right.
19:44 jcamins @marc 856 z
19:44 huginn jcamins: Public note  (Repeatable)
19:44 jcamins @marc 856 x
19:44 huginn jcamins: Nonpublic note  (Repeatable)
19:44 jcamins @marc 856 y
19:44 huginn jcamins: Link text  (Repeatable)
19:45 jcamins 856$y is preferred, but Koha will fall back to 856$z.
19:46 rangi ta jcamins
19:46 jwagner If I remember correctly, the XSLT first looks for a description in 856$3, then $z
19:47 jcamins jwagner: that sounds very familiar.
19:47 jwagner I remember thinking it was backwards -- I've always thought the $z was the preferred subfield.
19:48 jcamins No, $z should be a last choice.
19:48 * jcamins actually looks at the code.
19:48 jcamins Turns out that $y $3 and $z are all displayed, if they're available.
19:49 cait and if you don#t have that - the syspref kicks in
19:49 cait and after that a static text :)
19:49 rangi oh yeah thats right
19:49 rangi i forgot the syspref
19:49 cait am i the only one to think this is super cautious?
19:50 jcamins cait: I was just thinking we should an option so if you don't have anything in the record, and the syspref isn't filled in, the OPAC uses Javascript to ask the user what the text of the links should be. :P
19:51 rangi heh
19:51 cait hehe
19:52 jwagner Or displays one of oleonard's dancing icons....
19:53 jcamins Uses javascript to fetch the target site's favicon?
19:53 cait with accustic support
19:53 jwagner And retractable arm with hammer coming out of screen to bash user over the head?
19:53 cait nah, that's so violent
19:54 jwagner I think I'll go home, on that note.  Happy holiday weekend to those for whom it is a holiday.....
19:55 jwagner left #koha
19:59 Callender left #koha
20:00 cait hm
20:00 cait can someon confirm problems with branch-transfer-limits?
20:00 Jesse left #koha
20:01 jcamins Has anyone pointed out to Sheldon that nozebra is unsupported and deprecated?
20:02 rangi what does the nozebra table store?
20:02 rangi isnt it the indexes?
20:03 rangi if it is and he truncates, hes gonna have to use zebra
20:03 jcamins No idea.
20:03 jcamins Ah, good call. He'll notice that nozebra doesn't work after truncating.
20:04 cait I thik some might have confused it with tze zebraqueue table
20:04 cait you want to truncate that and there is a cronjob to do so
20:04 rangi yeah
20:04 jcamins True.
20:06 tcohen left #koha
20:10 cait hm
20:10 cait gbsd already over?
20:11 LBA joined #koha
20:12 sekjal any recall a problem with circulation receipts not printing properly onto new lines?
20:13 cait slips?
20:15 sekjal cait: yes
20:15 sekjal it looks like a bunch of the lines are writing over each other
20:16 cait sorry, have not seen it
20:16 rangi id suspect the printer first
20:16 rangi cos im not sure how its possible to make text over top of itself in html
20:16 sekjal as would I, but this has apparently just started with the upgrade to 3.4
20:17 * rangi struggles to think how it would be possible to do
20:18 sekjal my suspicion is that it has something to do with text that's not nested inside tags
20:18 rangi and the printer just keeps printing it overtop of itself?
20:18 sekjal on SOME of the lines
20:19 sekjal the library name is fine, then its a line of overwritten, then "checked out today" is fine
20:19 rangi mental
20:19 sekjal then several lines overwritten
20:19 sekjal second to last title shows up clear
20:19 sekjal then some space, and the News and news title show up fine
20:19 sekjal but the news content is overwritten
20:19 rangi maybe the printer is retarded and only does a new line on explicit linefeeds
20:19 rangi and the old template had them in or something
20:20 sekjal the "posted on" date is fine
20:20 rangi so short lines are ok?
20:20 sekjal line length could be it
20:20 rangi long lines it prints over itself
20:20 sekjal about 23 characters seems to be the limit
20:20 rangi sounds like a stupid printer driver, but we should be able to counteract that
20:21 rangi by making it wrap at 23 in the template
20:21 rangi but, its probably a localised problem
20:22 rangi so you might need a custom print.css
20:22 wizzyrea sekjal what kind of printeR?
20:22 wizzyrea do you know?
20:22 sekjal wizzyrea: no, I don't know the printer
20:22 sekjal apparently it's the "Windows Generic/Text driver"
20:22 wizzyrea oooo
20:23 * wizzyrea wonders what kind of printer it *really* is
20:24 cait hmm
20:24 rangi i hate printers
20:24 trea ^^^
20:24 wizzyrea uch, hard copy
20:25 sekjal I'm wondering why it worked before TT, but not after
20:25 rangi probably just whitespace changes
20:26 rangi they are sure they didnt change anything else, like upgrade windows or anything :)
20:26 wizzyrea nexpress didn't have any issues like that
20:26 rangi yeah, i havent bumped into it before either
20:26 sekjal addition of <script> tag, perhaps?
20:26 wizzyrea do you know, is it a thermal or a really old impact printer
20:27 rangi perhaps
20:27 sekjal yeah, comparing tmpl to tt, that's the only difference I can see
20:28 rangi checked the css changes?
20:28 rangi (if there were any)
20:30 wizzyrea chris_n: still about?
20:31 sekjal only one that seems relevant is the font-size:12px added to 'body' (which is the root element for all the overwritten text, I believe)
20:31 wizzyrea hm, can someone else check this for me - when adding a label batch by scanned barcodes, it never adds the items
20:31 rhcl we haven't had any strange printer issues w/ our upgrade
20:31 wizzyrea (master, please)
20:34 rangi sekjal: hmmmm i wonder if it was just a really small font before?
20:34 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #399: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 h 13 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/399/
20:34 jenkins_koha * frederick.capovilla: Bug 6479 Converts all the serialseq variables to UTF-8.
20:34 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6834 : Removing last of the $template->{param_map}
20:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6479 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, fcapovilla, NEW , Encoding problem in "recievedlist" when the numbering formula contains utf-8 characters
20:34 jenkins_koha * henridamien.laurent: bug 6834 followup removing param_map
20:34 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 6595:[ENH] [SIGNED-OFF] Add German translation of purchase suggestion mails
20:34 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 6595: [ENH] [SIGNED-OFF] Fixing German translation and address formatting (HOLD_PRINT)
20:34 jenkins_koha * alex.arnaud: bug 4966: Add a button in for confirm end receiving
20:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6834 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, NEW , $template->{param_map} is deprecated with the introduction of Template::Toolkit
20:34 jenkins_koha * nengard: bug4966 - follow up to 4966 changes language from 'end' to 'finish'
20:34 jenkins_koha * alex.arnaud: Bug 4966 - follow up - add xhtml closure for input tags
20:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6595 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, ASSIGNED , Add German translation for purchase suggestion mails
20:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4966 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, alex.arnaud, NEW , no way to finish receiving
20:35 wizzyrea bother!
20:35 wizzyrea BOTHER!
20:35 * wizzyrea mutters
20:36 rangi ?
20:36 wizzyrea labels.
20:38 wizzyrea it works in master, but definitely does not in our master as of yesterday production install
20:38 wizzyrea I find this bewildering.
20:39 rangi hmm, i dont think i pushed anything to do with labels for ages
20:39 wizzyrea well owen did some stuff to the interface not too long ago
20:39 jcamins wizzyrea: javascript run amuck?
20:40 wizzyrea oh, hm
20:40 wizzyrea good pt.
20:40 * wizzyrea checks
20:40 wizzyrea thanks for reminding me :)
20:44 jcamins You're welcome.
20:44 wizzyrea mmmm no, I don't think so
20:44 jcamins Darn.
20:45 jcamins Seemed logical.
20:45 wizzyrea very
20:46 wizzyrea what else is unique to ours
20:46 * wizzyrea ponders
20:46 cait hm
20:46 cait some configuration settings?
20:46 wizzyrea well yea
20:46 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.4.x build #39: SUCCESS in 1 h 10 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.4.x/39/
20:47 jenkins_koha * tomascohen: Bug 6744 - Acknowledge the actual es-ES translators
20:47 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6640, Locations not showing in circ reports
20:47 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6754, Improve breadcrumbs on lists pages
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6744 trivial, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, NEW , Acknowledge the actual es-ES translators
20:47 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6753, Markup corrections and improvements for label export window
20:47 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6703 : Link to invoice broken
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6640 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Template errors in defining default variable values causes information not to be displayed
20:47 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6728, Table sorter for receiving acquisitions
20:47 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6726 - When SMS is enabled the messaging table is misaligned
20:47 jenkins_koha * magnus: Bug 6540 - Followup - koha-create would die without --configfile
20:47 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6602 - Reports dictionary doesn't properly recognize text columns
20:47 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Follow-up fix for Bug 5498, Standardize markup and style of pagination menus
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6754 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Improve breadcrumbs on lists pages
20:47 jenkins_koha * salvazm: Bug 6727 - Change on exporting and importing csv to deal with spurious CR/LF
20:47 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Follow-up to Bug 4868, Improve controls for cloning and deleting subfields
20:47 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6695 - Layout of patron category add/edit form slightly broken
20:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: bug 6538 update help file
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6753 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Markup corrections and improvements for label export window
20:47 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Bug 6562: Silence runtime error in reserve/
20:47 jenkins_koha * wvanwanrooij: Bug 6723 : import-framework-crlf
20:47 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: 150th developer!!!
20:47 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Fixing typo in history doc
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6703 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, henridamien, RESOLVED FIXED, can't see invoice content
20:47 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Follow-up fix for Bug 6726 - When SMS is enabled the messaging table is misaligned
20:47 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Follow-up fix for Bug 6753, Markup corrections and improvements for label export window
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6728 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Table sorter for receiving acquisitions
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6726 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , When SMS is enabled the messaging table is misaligned
20:47 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 5866 : Updated patch to speed up holds awaiting pickup
20:47 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Updating Version Number to
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6540 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, magnus, ASSIGNED , Add more options to koha-create
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6602 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Reports dictionary doesn't properly recognize text columns
20:47 jenkins_koha * 6747 Checks in opac-export
20:47 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 6662: Remove Dewey Specific References in Sort
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5498 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Standardize markup and style of pagination menus
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6727 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, salva, ASSIGNED , can't import frameworks
20:47 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 4419 - cannot change module for notice templates
20:47 jenkins_koha * ulrich.kleiber: Bug 6765: sip2 unicode checksum
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4868 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Improve controls for cloning and deleting MARC subfields
20:47 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Bug 6733 - Change return page after printing routing slip
20:47 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6791 - editing list with apostrophe loses text
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6695 trivial, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Layout of patron category add/edit form slightly broken
20:47 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6652, Zip showing in funny place on libraries admin
20:47 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6696, New category button broken when no categories defined
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6538 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, nengard, ASSIGNED , help on is incorrect
20:47 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6712 - Remove memberofinstitution markup from templates until it can be completed
20:47 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Updating about page and history
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6562 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, colin.campbell, RESOLVED FIXED, Reserve request generates unnecessary runtime errors
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6723 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, wvanwanrooij, ASSIGNED , allow framework import with CRLF
20:47 jenkins_koha * preprod34: Bug 6715 - Fix xmlControlfield.js so the xml files are fetched in the correct language directory.
20:47 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6528 : Cataloguing search not showing location for available items
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5866 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, NEW , At larger hold volume, for all libraries times out, can cause generalized slowness
20:47 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 5524 : Cant delete list from the second page of lists
20:47 jenkins_koha * maxime.pelletier: Bug 6794 : Fixing a bug with member flags in IE
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6662 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, nengard, ASSIGNED , sort options in opac are dewey specific
20:47 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6704 : Escaping html in the merging records, so " don't break the merge
20:47 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 6351: Cannot delete library-specific holds polices and checkout limits
20:47 jenkins_koha * stevecallender: Bug 6822: fix RIS export from OPAC
20:47 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6656 : Fix for advanced search not respecting default sort order
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4419 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Cannot change module for notice templates
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6765 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, ulrich.kleiber, NEW , Enable correct checksums for UTF-8 encoded data
20:47 jenkins_koha Starting build 40 for job Koha_3.4.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6733 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, colin.campbell, ASSIGNED , printing routing list sends you to main serials page
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6791 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , editing list with apostrophe loses text
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6652 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Zip showing in funny place on libraries admin
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6696 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , New category button broken when no categories defined
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6712 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Remove memberofinstitution markup from templates until it can be completed
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6715 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, fcapovilla, ASSIGNED , xmlControlField.js always fetches the value_builder xml files in the "en" directory.
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6528 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Cataloging search issues - Holdings not displayed in location column
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5524 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , Can't delete list from second page of results
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6794 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Broken toggle in member-flags in ie
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6704 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , merging records cuts off fields at quotation marks
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6351 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, ruth, ASSIGNED , Cannot delete library-specific circulation rules
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6822 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, ASSIGNED , RIS export problem in with parsing the MARC
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6656 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , Default sort preferences ignored on advanced search
20:48 rangi 50 trillion patches pushed to 3.4.x i see :)
20:49 libsysguy bot fight
20:49 cait :)
20:50 mugwump joined #koha
20:51 rangi oh hey its sam :)
20:51 mugwump ohai
20:51 cait hi mugwump
20:51 rangi you stateside yet?
20:51 mugwump yeah
20:51 rangi cool
20:51 mugwump been working at Say for a week now
20:51 rangi sweet, enjoying it?
20:52 mugwump yeah it's good
20:52 mugwump a very well organized workplace
20:52 rangi awesome
20:52 mugwump I particularly respect their use of gerrit
20:53 rangi ahh yeah gerrit is pretty cool, mahara are using that now
20:53 mugwump I saw Shawn show it off in 2008
20:54 wizzyrea you know what
20:54 wizzyrea never mind, it has something to do with indexing.
20:54 sekjal have a good weekend, #koha!
20:54 sekjal left #koha
21:00 * cait gives up on branch transfers
21:02 wizzyrea !
21:02 wizzyrea uh oh
21:03 Soupermanito joined #koha
21:04 aarkerio left #koha
21:04 Callender joined #koha
21:05 cait oh
21:05 cait tranfer limits
21:05 cait that thing
21:05 wizzyrea oh. ordie
21:05 cait the template seems totally broken to me
21:06 libsysguy is anybody running cacti with their koha install
21:07 cait cacti?
21:07 libsysguy it is like a system resource monitoring utility
21:07 libsysguy its pretty popular
21:08 libsysguy
21:08 * jcamins always found it a bit too prickly, himself.
21:08 libsysguy hehe ^^
21:10 rhcl libsysguy: why do you ask? Setting it up here (but not on our Koha server) is one of the things I intend to do "real soon now".
21:10 libsysguy well I was installing it via apt but i want to use thold...but apparently there is a problem patching the plugin architecture with the apt version
21:11 rhcl um, don't know anything about that.
21:12 libsysguy were you planning to use thold?
21:12 rhcl I've often thought that cacti would be great on some portable appliance.
21:12 rhcl no
21:12 libsysguy oh darn...
21:12 libsysguy and it actually works really well if you are talking about viewing it on a mobile device
21:13 rhcl but that really wasn't a hard plan. I was just going to set it up and kick the tires and see what it would do for me
21:13 libsysguy well thold can send you email or sms when certain thresholds are reached
21:13 libsysguy so for instance if the load hits 10...alert the server is about to die
21:14 rangi catalyst use nagios for that
21:14 rhcl yea, I had fellow student (ex-student now?) that ran cacti, and he demo'd it on his iPad for one of our classes
21:14 rangi eythian actually has a bunch of nagios plugins for koha
21:14 rangi which we have to tidy up and put up somewhere for everyone to use
21:15 rhcl it was impressive, but I've just got lots of things to do in a day
21:15 rangi they do things like check the zebraqueue
21:15 rhcl and haven't gotten arount to that
21:15 rangi and other koha specific stuff
21:15 libsysguy nice...i may try that instead
21:15 rangi try to catch eythian next week
21:15 rangi he knows more about them than me
21:16 libsysguy ok cool
21:17 rangi i hope he is out enjoying the sunshine, he deserves a good break after covering for me at work for 3 days last week
21:17 libsysguy oh yeah how are you feeling?
21:18 rangi antibiotics seem to have done the trick
21:19 libsysguy excellent
21:19 wizzyrea ooo
21:19 rhcl sparks flea market this weekend wizzyrea
21:19 wizzyrea oo
21:22 rhcl
21:25 wizzyrea cool
21:25 indradg left #koha
21:26 jcamins Good night, #koha.
21:26 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
21:28 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.4.x build #40: SUCCESS in 41 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.4.x/40/
21:28 jenkins_koha robin: Bug 6275 - allow automated backups for packages
21:28 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6275 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, robin, RESOLVED FIXED, Automated backups of data and config
21:38 pelletiermaxime left #koha
21:42 cait left #koha
21:51 druthb joined #koha
21:54 rangi @wunder wellington nz
21:54 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 9.0�C (9:00 AM NZST on September 03, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 71%. Dew Point: 4.0�C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1020 hPa (Rising).
21:54 rangi nice, i should get out of the house and enjoy the sun
21:54 rangi see ya's later
21:54 wizzyrea *nod*
21:54 wizzyrea lata
22:00 druthb left #koha
22:13 libsysguy left #koha
22:22 rhcl left #koha
22:34 trea left #koha
22:53 rangi @later tell paul_p my kids are taking me here for fathers day tomorrow, i will be thinking of you and the rest of the biblibrans :)
22:53 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
23:27 wizzyrea that looks awesome
23:40 Soupermanito left #koha
23:44 moodaepo left #koha
23:48 Soupermanito joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary