IRC log for #koha, 2011-08-05

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 jcamins Wait...
00:01 jcamins This conversation seems familiar.
00:01 rangi *nod*
00:01 jcamins I mean, not the one with IndexData. I wasn't there for that part of it.
00:01 rangi its annoyingly familiar but i cant remember specifics
00:02 jcamins I mean, you and I discussed this.
00:02 rangi yeah
00:02 Judit pancakes???
00:02 wahanui pancakes are always good
00:02 jcamins I remember the conclusion was "good grief, no wonder relevancy doesn't work!!!"
00:03 rangi yeah and then at the hackfest we discovered that yes, yet again, we are doing dumb things
00:03 rangi but i cant remember the specific fix
00:03 rangi i hope sekjal can
00:03 jcamins Me too.
00:03 rangi i took notes, but cant find them ;(
00:06 Irma joined #koha
00:07 bg rangi jcamins aren't you talking about the attributes?
00:07 rangi maybe
00:08 rangi what i want is a way to weight title and author higher than the rest
00:08 rangi im sure can do so by changing a file maybe
00:08 jcamins I feel like that should be in, but I feel like I actually *found* where we were doing it at some point, and I'm just not seeing it in
00:08 jcamins Oh, wait.
00:09 jcamins I remember.
00:09 rangi # Rank Weights
00:09 bg isn't there a cql file?
00:09 jcamins bg: yes, but the Zebra side of the configuration is in, because that's what uses.
00:10 bg right there is a cql file for koha - also...
00:10 jcamins rangi: search for "Keyword, or, no index specified" in (somewhere around line 768).
00:10 wahanui left #koha
00:10 jcamins Cry.
00:10 wahanui joined #koha
00:10 jcamins bg: yes.
00:10 rangi ta
00:10 rangi bg: yes but we dont use it
00:10 rangi because C4::Search is crap
00:11 jcamins You know, making that part user-configurable wouldn't even be that hard.
00:12 jcamins I mean, that's all in Perl.
00:13 rangi yeah
00:14 rangi oh god
00:14 * rangi weeps
00:15 rangi right, well i have to change this for a client, ill see what i can do to make it configurable
00:15 jcamins Horrifying, isn't it?
00:16 rangi yeah
00:18 jcamins Ooh look, I correctly guessed who had written it.
00:32 libsysguy1 how would I add "<link rel="stylesheet" href="mobile.css" type="text/css" media="handheld" />" without editing koha base code?
00:33 libsysguy1 can i do it in an opac pref?
00:33 rangi yeah
00:33 rangi opac css
00:33 rangi i forget the exact name
00:33 libsysguy1 so the opacusercss
00:33 rangi thats a text area one eh?
00:33 libsysguy1 interesting
00:33 wahanui well, interesting is sometimes bad
00:33 libsysguy1 yeah it is
00:33 eythian won't that put it inside a style block?
00:33 rangi slap it in there and see if it shows up ;)
00:33 rangi you can be tricky
00:33 rangi </style>
00:34 rangi blah
00:34 rangi <style>
00:34 libsysguy1 haha clever
00:35 pastebot "mtj" at pasted "oops" (91 lines) at
00:36 rangi ?
00:37 eythian that's not so hot
00:38 eythian I mean, to start with, who uses an Apple machine?
00:38 Judit i am
00:38 Judit 10.6
00:38 jcamins 1909? Shouldn't we be in the low hundreds?
00:39 rangi its been up a while
00:39 rangi must be due for a flush soon
00:40 jcamins Yeah, spammers have found it.
00:42 pastebot left #koha
00:42 pastebot joined #koha
00:42 rangi flushed
00:44 jcamins Thanks.
01:28 mtj ps: sorry about that paste before, was sposed to be a private one  :/
01:44 Judit left #koha
02:17 eythian <-- here you go mtj, this'll make you feel better
02:30 BrookeenTauride joined #koha
02:30 BrookeenTauride 0/
02:32 jcamins eythian: how do you access the staff client with the packages?
02:33 eythian jcamins: you go to the URL the corresponds to whatever you set up
02:33 eythian typically something like <library>-admin
02:33 eythian but it's configurable
02:33 jcamins Shouldn't it have asked me about how I wanted to configure it?
02:34 rangi you had to set it up in the config file
02:34 jcamins Ah.
02:34 jcamins I think your packages work better than mine, because I did this in the past with your packages, and they Just Worked.
02:34 eythian I don't know what it does if you don't set it up, probably makes it the same name for each one, which will upset apache
02:35 eythian have a look in the apache config to see what it did
02:35 rangi[…]ueeze#Quick_Start   <-- that bit there
02:35 jcamins rangi: thanks.
02:36 Soupermanito joined #koha
02:36 BrookeenTauride So I have a beef with my unpaid for Catalyst support.
02:36 BrookeenTauride There doesn't appear to be a good synching over here with Beervana.
02:37 eythian what are you talking about?
02:37 eythian I have my ticket
02:37 eythian if you didn't get in on time, that's hardly our fault
02:37 eythian in fact, I have a 9:30am AGM at a pub, followed by beervana
02:37 BrookeenTauride totally your fault I don't have beer :P
02:38 BrookeenTauride but for serious, I hope it is teh awesome Robin :)
02:38 eythian I expect that it will be :)
02:42 jcamins Okay, apparently making my own packages doesn't work.
02:43 BrookeenTauride what's the failure point?
02:47 jcamins The default Apache page insists on coming up.
02:47 eythian jcamins: I'll trade you: explain how analytics (with 000-7 set to 's') differs from volumes (with 000-19 set to 'a') from sets (with 000-19 set to 'c')
02:48 LBA left #koha
02:48 eythian and how I want to be setting up these things, which are, e.g. a song book containing multiple songs, or a file containing multiple names (of text clipopings)
02:48 eythian s/pop/pp/
02:49 eythian in return, I'll tell you that you don't have NameVirtualHost enable quite right, and start by doing a2disable 000-default
02:49 jcamins eythian: 000-7 is for a serial publication with more than one items.
02:50 jcamins s/items/articles in it/
02:51 jcamins A volume (000/07=m 000/19=a) is a book consisting of more than one article.
02:52 jcamins 000/07=m 000/19=b/c is a part of another item.
02:52 jcamins Clear?
02:52 eythian all except that last part.
02:52 jcamins An analytic entry would have 000/07=a or 000/07=b
02:52 eythian oh wait
02:52 eythian I see
02:53 miguelxercode joined #koha
02:53 jcamins Figured out the problem.
02:54 jcamins Forgot to run a2ensite.
02:54 eythian so I'd use 000/07=m 000/19=a for the parent, and 000/07=m 000/19=b/c for the parts
02:54 eythian a2ensite runs automatically, unless you hadn't enabled rewrite the first time and it spat the dummy cos of that
02:54 eythian what actually is/are "analytics" in this context anyway?
02:55 jcamins eythian: ah, that's probably what happened.
02:55 jcamins Analytics are records for things that make up a part of something else.
02:55 jcamins Usually articles.
02:55 BrookeenTauride it's describing the big thing and the little thing simultaneously
02:55 BrookeenTauride so if you're doing a World Book
02:56 BrookeenTauride your doing the set of encyclopaedia
02:56 BrookeenTauride AND the volume you're looking at, say S
02:56 eythian I see. so how does that differ from sets?
02:57 BrookeenTauride the little part lets you add in more detail than you could get away with on the big one
02:57 eythian but sets are little parts, too
02:57 BrookeenTauride all great danes are dogs, but all dogs are not great danes
02:57 eythian from what I can tell in the code
02:57 eythian because a set links to the Control number of a parent record
02:58 BrookeenTauride you might go into exhaustive detail about table of contents stuff, for instance that would apply to a member of the set where you couldn't cataloguing the series since it's not a common thinger.
02:59 eythian hmm OK
02:59 eythian I think I see enough to make this work
03:00 jcamins What are you trying to do?
03:01 eythian jcamins: Make it so if you look for a song, it links to the song book.
03:01 eythian or when you search for a local person, it shows you the file with clippings about them
03:01 BrookeenTauride neat
03:04 jcamins Oops. I needed to run the upgrade to 3.4 script.
03:04 jcamins eythian: ah. That's gonna be a teeny bit complicated.
03:04 eythian well, they have the records in place, and I've linked them up using 773$w and 001
03:05 eythian I just need to know how to tell Koha to show them properly
03:05 jcamins Oh, in that case, it should work properly.
03:07 jcamins What's happening with it?
03:08 eythian two things: one is a koha issue, rcn isn't being indexed, the other is it's using words that don't fit.
03:08 jcamins Ah.
03:09 jcamins rcn should be indexed.
03:10 kmkale joined #koha
03:10 jcamins kf submitted a patch for that.
03:10 eythian $ grep rcn etc/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/biblios/record.abs | wc -l
03:10 eythian 0
03:10 eythian not in the file, though I should see when the patch is for
03:10 eythian I'm on about 3.4.2 or so here
03:11 jcamins It should be Control-number.
03:12 eythian no
03:12 eythian Record-control-number
03:12 wahanui Record-control-number is an index in koha, not used in the 29.50 search options
03:12 jcamins (not rcn- that's supplied by
03:12 eythian oh?
03:12 eythian hmm
03:13 kmkale Namaskar #koha
03:13 jcamins eythian: how do I make Zebra start automatically?
03:13 eythian it just does
03:14 BrookeenTauride namaste
03:14 jcamins eythian: oh, excellent. :)
03:14 eythian the /etc/init.d/koha-common takes care of it
03:14 BrookeenTauride automagically++
03:14 eythian if you do a restart of that, it'll show you
03:15 eythian so I'm looking at a record with:
03:15 eythian 773 ## - HOST ITEM ENTRY
03:15 eythian w Record control number 140680.7129
03:15 eythian but getting: No results match your search for 'rcn:140680.7129'.
03:15 jcamins Cool! It does work.
03:15 eythian anyone have ideas?
03:16 eythian ohh
03:16 eythian I bet I know
03:16 jcamins eythian: unfortunately I don't have any test data for it.
03:16 eythian ah, I had an old
03:16 eythian in my dev system
03:17 jcamins That explains it.
03:17 eythian very annoyingly, this would have just worked fine on the client's staging system
03:17 eythian because it uses more current files
03:18 Soupermanito left #koha
03:23 libsysguy1 left #koha
03:25 eythian What is a "Festschrift"?
03:25 eythian Looks like "party writing"
03:25 BrookeenTauride it's a cheerleading thing
03:25 BrookeenTauride like a work of suckuppery
03:26 BrookeenTauride like I'd publish a festschrift on jransom
03:26 jcamins BrookeenTauride: hehehe.
03:26 BrookeenTauride :)
03:27 BrookeenTauride <--- taking the piss out of academic rhetoric since 1977.
03:27 jcamins eythian: it's something published in honor of a person's birthday or retirement or the like.
03:28 glernil joined #koha
03:28 BrookeenTauride left #koha
03:35 tcohen left #koha
03:46 glernil left #koha
03:59 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
04:07 mtj [% IF ( singleBranchMode ) = 'foo' %]
04:07 mtj is that eval ok in T::T?
04:07 mtj anyone?
04:08 rangi thats not an eval
04:09 rangi well it is, but not the way you are probably thinking :)
04:09 mtj [% IF ( singleBranchMode ) == 'foo' %]
04:09 mtj yeah, ok :)
04:09 rangi thats more like it, prolly eq in that case too
04:09 mtj sorry, friday-brain
04:10 mtj [% IF ( singleBranchMode eq 'foo')  %]
04:10 rangi yep, and the brackets arent nessecary
04:11 rangi ahh sorry it is ==
04:11 rangi[…]UNLESS_ELSIF_ELSE
04:11 mtj aah, me no see the 'Directives' page
04:12 mtj thanks again :)
04:12 mtj mtj?
04:12 wahanui DeM KraZy NutZ!!
04:12 mtj right on!
04:30 kmkale left #koha
04:50 kmkale joined #koha
05:32 miguelxercode left #koha
05:38 miguelxercode joined #koha
06:19 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
06:19 magnuse kia ora and happy gbsd#3, #koha!
06:30 alex_a bonjour magnuse and all !
06:31 magnuse bonjour alex_a - how's life in rue breteuil?
06:38 alex_a magnuse: it's hot in rue de breteuil
06:38 magnuse ah
06:38 alex_a :)
06:39 magnuse @wunder mariseille
06:39 huginn magnuse: Error: No such location could be found.
06:39 magnuse @wunder marseille
06:39 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 24.0�C (8:30 AM CEST on August 05, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 69%. Dew Point: 18.0�C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
06:39 magnuse oooh
06:39 magnuse @wunder boo
06:39 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 17.0�C (8:20 AM CEST on August 05, 2011). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 68%. Dew Point: 11.0�C. Pressure: 29.92 in 1013 hPa (Steady).
06:39 magnuse that's not bad, actually
06:39 magnuse @wunder wellington, nz
06:39 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 9.0�C (6:00 PM NZST on August 05, 2011). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: 5.0�C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Steady).
06:40 alex_a ouch
06:40 magnuse well, it's winter...
06:40 alex_a yes
06:41 alex_a each turn
06:41 magnuse hehe
06:44 bigbrovar joined #koha
06:48 lds joined #koha
06:48 julian joined #koha
06:49 julian_ joined #koha
06:50 julian_ hello
06:50 wahanui salut, julian_
06:50 magnuse bonjour julian_
06:50 julian_ hi wahanui, magnuse
06:50 julian_ how are you today?
06:51 magnuse fine - the sun is shining and it's friday and it's gbsd ;-)
06:51 julian_ :-)
06:54 magnuse and how are you julian_?
06:56 julian left #koha
07:01 julian_ magnuse, i'm fine too, but it's too hot in Marseille...
07:01 magnuse ouch! glad the hackfest was so early in the year...
07:03 paul_p joined #koha
07:04 magnuse kia ora paul_p
07:04 paul_p hi magnuse & others
07:05 julian_ is now known as julian
07:15 kmkale left #koha
07:17 kmkale joined #koha
07:19 sophie_m joined #koha
07:20 sophie_m hello
07:32 magnuse bonjour sophie_m
07:32 paul_p quitting home, going to office now.
07:32 sophie_m hello magnuse
07:33 paul_p magnuse, only a few BibLibre contributions to be expected for this GBSD: summer holiday...
07:33 paul_p is now known as paul_bike
07:38 kmkale_ joined #koha
07:40 kmkale left #koha
07:41 kmkale joined #koha
07:41 paul_bike left #koha
07:45 clrh hello koha
07:46 kmkale__ joined #koha
07:46 magnuse bonjour clrh
07:48 kmkale_ left #koha
07:49 clrh bonjour magnuse
07:51 kmkale left #koha
07:51 kmkale__ is now known as kmkale
07:52 paul_bike joined #koha
07:54 paul_bike is now known as paul_p
07:54 paul_p back
08:02 clrh does someone work with xmleditor for koha doc?
08:02 clrh I have an encoding problem
08:02 clrh but my editor is in utf-8
08:02 kf joined #koha
08:02 kf hi #
08:02 magnuse kia ora kf
08:02 kf hi #koha and happy gbsd!
08:02 clrh &lsquo; is translated into ‘
08:02 magnuse clrh: sounds like a question for nengard...
08:03 clrh[…]g_the_Koha_Manual I read it
08:03 clrh magnuse: yep
08:04 magnuse i have only ever used a plain old text editor to make small patches for the docs
08:13 clrh thx magnuse
08:13 miguelxercode left #koha
08:15 jati left #koha
08:19 magnuse paul_p: seen bug 6537 and[…]pref_handling_RFC ?
08:19 wahanui I haven't seen 'bug', magnuse
08:19 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6537 enhancement, P5, ---, magnus, ASSIGNED , Simplified sysprefs for the web installer
08:19 magnuse it's similar to what you propose
08:20 paul_p magnuse, nope, I missed that !
08:20 miguelxercode joined #koha
08:20 kf magnuse++ :)
08:21 paul_p magnuse++
08:22 paul_p VERY GOOD idea/suggestion !
08:22 paul_p I think i'll adopt this method & bug entry & do the job !
08:24 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6390] Basket only visible for librarian who created it <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6390>
08:24 magnuse ...or i could have another go at finnishing what i started... ;-)
08:25 jati joined #koha
08:33 kmkale left #koha
09:05 alex_a fredericd: ping
09:06 alex_a @seen fredericd
09:06 huginn alex_a: fredericd was last seen in #koha 2 weeks, 1 day, 2 hours, 56 minutes, and 12 seconds ago: <fredericd> hello druthb
09:07 paul_p left #koha
09:08 paul_p joined #koha
09:09 paul_p oups... laptop frozen... if someone wrote something to me since 10:24, i missed it
09:12 kf perhaps you need a new laptop ;)
09:13 bigbrovar left #koha
09:17 bigbrovar joined #koha
09:17 bigbrovar left #koha
09:19 bigbrovar joined #koha
09:24 miguelxercode left #koha
10:04 kf gbsd++
10:07 nengard joined #koha
10:08 kf hi nengard
10:08 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5981] OPAC: Add limits to search history <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5981>
10:08 nengard hiya
10:21 paul_p 'morning nengard
10:21 nengard hiya
10:22 magnuse kia ora nengard
10:23 magnuse ready to squash some bugs?
10:25 nengard wasn't that yesterday?
10:25 magnuse nope, today!
10:25 nengard rangi said it was yesterday :)
10:25 nengard I was signing off on patches when I should have been sleeping :) hehe
10:25 nengard but yes, I can squash bugs
10:26 magnuse[…]bug_squashing_day
10:26 nengard :) I believe you
10:26 nengard I'm very jeet lagged so I have no clue what day or time it is
10:26 magnuse it started in kiribati while it was still yesterday for us, if you see what i mean... ;-)
10:27 magnuse hehe
10:27 * kf hands nengard coffee
10:33 nengard thanks kf, not a coffee drinker - plan on taking a nap to get back on schedule
10:33 nengard was in Seattle and took the red eye home and then this morning woke at 3am to get Bri to the airport
10:33 nengard my body is very confused
10:34 magnuse understandable!
10:40 magnuse is now known as magnus_lunch
10:40 kf nengard: was travelling too yesterday - 6 hours on trains
10:41 kf not as bad as switching timezones, but glad weekend is near
10:41 nengard :)
10:41 kf hope the nap helps :)
10:41 paul_p nengard, it's always friday. It's just that friday starts sooner for him than for you ;-)
10:42 paul_p (it's already saturday for kiwis now !)
10:42 kf lucky kiwis
10:42 paul_p kf, well, it's also winter for them now...
10:42 paul_p not so lucky ;-)
10:42 kf hm good point
10:44 paul_p ok, time for lunch for us. (and end of our half day dedicated to community. We made quite a lot of work with the few ppl not on holiday)
10:44 kf biblibre++
11:00 kf left #koha
11:10 druthb joined #koha
11:10 druthb o/
11:13 BrookeenTauride joined #koha
11:13 BrookeenTauride kia ora!
11:14 BrookeenTauride @later tell sekjal we need to create bug rugby. :D
11:14 huginn BrookeenTauride: The operation succeeded.
11:15 druthb g'morning, BrookeenTauride. :)
11:16 BrookeenTauride how's it?
11:17 jwagner joined #koha
11:18 BrookeenTauride wahanui friday?
11:18 wahanui friday is probably It's Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
11:18 druthb lol
11:18 druthb wahanui: druthb?
11:18 wahanui no idea, druthb
11:18 druthb good
11:29 bigbrovar left #koha
11:30 BrookeenTauride off oh la times xword you are so punny
11:30 bigbrovar joined #koha
11:31 NateC joined #koha
11:47 cait joined #koha
11:57 JesseM joined #koha
11:58 Agent_Dani Heya druthb
12:03 jati left #koha
12:11 sekjal joined #koha
12:13 druthb left #koha
12:16 druthb joined #koha
12:35 BrookeenTauride left #koha
12:39 drojf joined #koha
12:39 drojf hello #koha
12:40 talljoy joined #koha
12:43 BobB left #koha
12:48 Callender left #koha
12:50 druthb is now known as druthb_brb
12:54 Callender joined #koha
12:59 talljoy is now known as talljoy_away
13:00 druthb_brb is now known as druthb
13:02 magnus_lunch is now known as magnus_afk
13:02 sekjal left #koha
13:03 cait left #koha
13:04 sekjal joined #koha
13:06 paul_p hello sekjal / ian
13:07 paul_p sekjal, community day for you too it seems ;-)
13:08 sekjal paul_p:  just trying to keep caught up
13:08 paul_p ;-)
13:08 paul_p sekjal, will you come to KohaCon11 ?
13:09 sekjal paul_p:  that's the plan; still need to get some of the paperwork (Visa, specifically) taken care of
13:10 paul_p visa ? you need one ? ... checking ... yikes ! frenchies also need a visa !
13:10 paul_p thanks for noticing !
13:10 Oak joined #koha
13:10 druthb hi, oak!
13:11 Oak hi druthb :)
13:11 Oak hello #koha
13:11 paul_p hello Oak & druthb & all american ppl waking up
13:11 Oak bonjour paul_p :)
13:13 Agent_Dani Waking? I've been up for four hours now.
13:14 drojf i have a question regarding import of marc21 records. for koha 3.2 i would put the holdings data in 952 and import it, but i understand that in 3.4, 9xx-fields are not used anymore. where would i put the holdings data in my records to be imported in 3.4?
13:14 paul_p west coast ppl are just waking up right ?
13:15 paul_p drojf, they are not STORED INTERNALLY, but they're still here if you export/need to import
13:15 drojf ah, ok. thanks paul_p
13:34 libsysguy left #koha
13:38 magnus_afk bbl
13:38 magnus_afk is now known as magnus_away
13:42 matts_away is now known as matts
13:42 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5725] Batch modifications for Biblios <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5725>
13:43 Agent_Dani paul_p: Naw, a lot of east coast ones probably are, too. I'm an early riser for a few current-job-related reasons.
13:44 * wizzyrea is a CDT riser
13:44 paul_p hi wizzyrea
13:44 wizzyrea good morning, paul_p
13:44 Agent_Dani Mornin' wizzyrea
13:44 Agent_Dani My alarm goes off at 05:30 EDT.
13:44 wizzyrea due to an error in my alarm settings, that's about when mine went off too >.<
13:45 Agent_Dani Ouch...
13:45 wizzyrea so. GBSD
13:53 sekjal left #koha
13:57 matts is now known as matts_away
14:17 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 4966] no way to finish receiving <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4966>
14:20 Guillaume joined #koha
14:25 jcamins_away wizzyrea: am I the only one who thinks "Google Blue Screen of Death" when I see that abbreviation?
14:26 * gmcharlt predicts that Google will do that as an April 1st gag one day
14:27 nengard left #koha
14:28 wizzyrea HEE
14:28 wizzyrea you guys crack me up
14:37 talljoy_away is now known as talljoy
14:40 Guillaume left #koha
15:02 SJeffery joined #koha
15:12 wizzyrea that is a really good question... I know that statistics are kept when a patron is deleted, but what about their reading history?
15:17 SJeffery Is there any provision for detecting/preventing duplicate records by their OCLC number when importing via Z39?
15:19 jcamins_away SJeffery: it would be possible to set that up.
15:20 jcamins_away SJeffery: I don't believe the patch adding an index on 035 has been submitted to Koha yet, so it will require a server-side change.
15:20 SJeffery Heh, I am always glad to see when it is NOT some variable in the configuration that I have just been missing
15:22 jcamins_away Does anyone know of any reason *not* to upgrade from to latest Master?
15:23 jcamins_away Wait... never mind.
15:23 * wizzyrea doesn't
15:23 jcamins_away Excellent.
15:23 wizzyrea i think we're running 008 in production
15:25 wizzyrea which is a couple behind
15:25 jcamins_away Looks like Master is 008.
15:26 wizzyrea database revisions :)
15:26 wizzyrea oh sorry, we're 006, hence "a couple behind"
15:26 wizzyrea so I was half right :P
15:27 drojf left #koha
15:29 alex_a left #koha
15:37 SJeffery left #koha
15:37 sophie_m left #koha
15:37 cait joined #koha
15:37 julian left #koha
15:39 clrh left #koha
15:43 wizzyrea GBSD is Global Bug Squashing Day
15:43 wizzyrea GBSD?
15:43 wahanui i think GBSD is Global Bug Squashing Day
15:44 Agent_Dani :)
15:51 paul_p 006 is at least 2 days old...
15:51 paul_p you're really late ;-)
15:52 * paul_p filling RFCs of pending features from BibLibre. believe it or no = 140 lines !!!
15:52 paul_p won't have finished today...
15:52 paul_p still 110 to do...
15:54 wizzyrea yikes!
15:56 paul_p some are tiny (add a link here), some are huge (like solr)
15:56 paul_p wizzyrea, entering them on a ggdocs for now. Do you want access to it when it's done ?
15:56 wizzyrea sure :()
15:56 wizzyrea :)
16:00 libsysguy joined #koha
16:04 oleonard joined #koha
16:06 cait new features?
16:06 * cait perks up ;)
16:07 * druthb perks up, seeing cait and libsysguy.
16:07 cait :)
16:07 wizzyrea and oleonard!
16:07 wahanui oleonard is the master UI designer of koha or an awesome bug wrangler
16:07 oleonard Hi
16:07 wizzyrea heya ruth :)
16:08 cait hi all
16:10 druthb hi oleonard and wizzyrea!
16:11 libsysguy HI druthb
16:18 druthb left #koha
16:19 druthb joined #koha
16:24 jcamins_away Have there been any additions to the package requirements recently?
16:24 bg @wunder 93109
16:24 huginn bg: The current temperature in K6LCM - Westside / Mesa, Santa Barbara, California is 19.0�C (9:23 AM PDT on August 05, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 84%. Dew Point: 16.0�C. Pressure: 29.91 in 1012.8 hPa (Rising).
16:25 bg jcamins_away: not that I've seen - I know larryb have some fail the other day
16:25 jcamins_away Hm. Thanks.
16:37 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6671] Change name of variable used when renewing patron expiration <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6671>
16:37 oleonard Not sure why the changes in that bug were made, but I dutifully have pulled them out into their own patch from 5436
16:45 lds left #koha
16:45 lds1 joined #koha
16:51 paul_p time for week end for me !
16:51 paul_p bye guys (& girls)
16:52 cait bye paul_p
17:01 paul_p left #koha
17:01 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6673] Create Batch Label from Staged MARC Records fails after upgrade to 3.4.x <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6673>
17:03 jcamins_away Does anyone have a record with an 035 from OCLC I could borrow for testing?
17:03 jcamins_away Oh, here's one. Never mind.
17:04 oleonard Is the first patch on Bug 5749 obsoleted by the second?
17:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5749 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, stephane.delaune, NEW , The display of borrower adresses composed of streetnumber, streettype and address is broken
17:10 lds1 left #koha
17:16 lds joined #koha
17:37 nengard joined #koha
17:44 lds left #koha
17:50 cait hey - it's friday!
17:50 cait why are we not talking about cookies?
17:50 libsysguy TGIF
17:50 oleonard Cookies are delicious delicacies.
17:52 * libsysguy wishes i had cookies
17:56 rhcl_away libsysguy: you going to the LITA conference by any chance?[…]um/2011/index.cfm
17:59 sekjal joined #koha
18:01 libsysguy that'd be awesome but the great state of texas cut all of our travel budget
18:01 rhcl_away ic
18:01 libsysguy :'(
18:01 libsysguy they never let me go anywhere...they just lock me in the server closet
18:01 libsysguy and its cold in here
18:01 rhcl_away The Mo State Lib just got permission to use some unused admin funds for grants for us to attend.
18:02 libsysguy hmmm
18:02 rhcl_away Well, you need a new working location.
18:02 libsysguy i might check into it...i think it'd be awesome to go...may i ask why you asked?
18:02 wizzyrea i suspect he wanted to know if his pals were going to be there
18:03 rhcl_away I'm being herded into going, and I didn't know if any other Koha people might be there.
18:03 rhcl_away is now known as rhcl
18:03 rhcl There are some mildly interesting ILS-related sessions.
18:04 libsysguy hmm
18:04 libsysguy Margo said I could go if I got to do a presentation
18:04 libsysguy lol
18:05 rhcl well, work up something for next year, and we'll hope it's in some more exotic location like....Dayton...Omaha...
18:06 wizzyrea I have a question of best practice
18:07 libsysguy rhcl: lol
18:07 wizzyrea in git, what is the best way to make sure your branches are up to date
18:07 Oak left #koha
18:07 wizzyrea put another way
18:07 wizzyrea what's the best or right way to update them
18:08 libsysguy all at the same time?
18:08 wizzyrea not necessarily
18:08 oleonard wizzyrea: Your testing or in-progress branches?
18:08 wizzyrea testing
18:08 wizzyrea (in progress also, if you feel compelled to share)
18:09 oleonard Either way I fetch and then git rebase origin
18:09 oleonard And no one has yet told me that's wrong :)
18:09 wizzyrea :)
18:09 wizzyrea so you do both.
18:09 wizzyrea which seems right
18:09 oleonard both fetch and rebase?
18:10 wizzyrea I usually do git pull, but i'm not 100% certain of the reason why
18:10 wizzyrea which is why I asked
18:10 libsysguy im not sure of the difference betweel pull and fetch either
18:10 oleonard I've always been confused about what git pull does
18:10 * wizzyrea too
18:10 druthb left #koha
18:10 jcamins_away Wow, step away ten minutes, and there's too much scrollback!
18:10 jcamins_away git pull is really simple.
18:11 jcamins_away What it does is it runs git fetch, _then_ it applies all the new patches from upstream to your branch.
18:11 wizzyrea hmm
18:11 wizzyrea I don't think my git pull is working correctly
18:11 jcamins_away So you end up with a git log that looks like this:
18:12 jcamins_away [all the patches up until you created your branch]...[your patches]...[everything that was done upstream while you were working]
18:12 oleonard Whereas if you fetch+rebase your patches appear after .[everything that was done upstream while you were working] ?
18:12 jcamins_away git pull is perfect for if you're maintaining a separate branch longterm.
18:12 jcamins_away Exactly.
18:13 wizzyrea hmm
18:13 sekjal wizzyrea:  git pull = git fetch + git merge
18:13 wizzyrea oho
18:13 wizzyrea thoughts on which strategy is better?
18:13 sekjal there is an option to have it do rebase, instead
18:14 oleonard So is there an advantage either way for getting a dev branch up to date?
18:14 wizzyrea ^^ and that
18:14 sekjal avoid rebasing a public repo; it'll screw up anyone who's pulled from you
18:14 sekjal but, for private repos, rebase is nice because it puts your changes at the top of the git log
18:15 jcamins_away Grr.
18:15 libsysguy hey rhcl today is the last day for proposals
18:15 libsysguy there is hope if i type fast
18:16 libsysguy is anybody else going?
18:16 wizzyrea i'm not
18:16 jcamins_away The reason I couldn't find this record is that I hadn't imported it.
18:16 wizzyrea oops.
18:17 wizzyrea so i think i'm hearing that fetch, rebase is the way to go for a non-public repo
18:17 jcamins_away That's my recommendation.
18:17 jcamins_away I'll give you a concrete example of how I use the two options.
18:17 wizzyrea <3 thanks
18:18 jcamins_away In fact, I'll give you a concrete example of what I'm doing _right now_.
18:18 wizzyrea hehe
18:18 jcamins_away I am currently working on fixing a bug.
18:19 jcamins_away I have a branch for the bug which I created several weeks ago (
18:19 jcamins_away I rebased my changes onto latest Master with git fetch && git rebase kc/master
18:19 jcamins_away (I did that last bit today)
18:20 cait yay :)
18:20 jcamins_away I am also building packages, which have a number of changes from Master that could never make it into Koha proper (for good reason).
18:20 wahanui okay, jcamins_away.
18:20 jcamins_away jcamins?
18:20 wahanui jcamins is supposed to be an outstanding cook. or well-traveled and brilliant. or trying to think of a solution, but short of a set of three sysprefs (ShelfBrowserUsesLocation, ShelfBrowserUsesCcode, and ShelfBrowserUsesHomeBranch), I don't really have any ideas. or awesome fixing broken email notifications
18:20 jcamins_away I?
18:20 wahanui i think jcamins_away is currently working on fixing a bug. or building packages, which have a number of changes from Master that could never make it into Koha proper (for good reason).
18:21 jcamins_away Hehe.
18:21 jcamins_away Anyway, so I have my own branch for building packages from.
18:21 wizzyrea forget I
18:21 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot i
18:21 wizzyrea I is <reply>
18:21 wizzyrea i?
18:21 jcamins_away Every time I build a package, I modify the change log.
18:22 jcamins_away I commit those changes and add a tag so that I know where I was when I built a package.
18:23 jcamins_away Every time I want to build a package, I do a git pull, so that I don't lose my place, and I can also get my branch as close as possible to current Master.
18:23 jcamins_away Does that clarify things at all?
18:23 wizzyrea yes, I think so
18:23 jcamins_away Yay!
18:25 bigbrovar left #koha
18:29 wizzyrea nengard, about?
18:29 nengard physically
18:29 nengard mentally i make no promises
18:29 wizzyrea ohsnap
18:29 wizzyrea hehe
18:32 jcamins_away Apparently the documentation for making packages is no longer accurate.
18:33 * jcamins_away crosses "try out lastest Master" off his to-do list.
18:38 jcamins_away Oh, never mind. Got it.
18:39 jcamins_away Oh, I have a meeting in 50 minutes.
18:57 wizzyrea hey speaking of bug squashing
18:58 wizzyrea bug 6488
18:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6488 normal, P5, ---, paul.poulain, NEW , opachiddenitems not working in master
18:59 oleonard You're wrong wizzyrea, no one is speaking of bug squashing
18:59 wizzyrea pf, it's implied as today is bug squashing day
18:59 oleonard :)
18:59 wizzyrea neener
19:00 wizzyrea i honestly hope that the next time rangi runs stats
19:00 wizzyrea that "neener" is my quote.
19:00 jwagner left #koha
19:05 cait ?
19:05 wizzyrea so 6488
19:06 wizzyrea am I to understand that the items are not hidden now/
19:07 cait Rain!
19:19 * oleonard almost got Bug 6674 squashed, the last remnant of Bug 5436 to be split out.
19:19 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6674 enhancement, P5, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Collapse display of patron address by default
19:19 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5436 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, guillaume.hatt, ASSIGNED , Extended patron attributes display improvements
19:24 nengard hello all, i need me some reports help.  this report is one of the first i wrote - and it's wrong :)[…]Library#Patrons_w.2F_Fines
19:25 nengard it's wrong because there are negative in the amountoutstanding column
19:25 nengard anyone have an idea on how i can do it so that it's right?
19:26 oleonard left #koha
19:27 cait you want a report that lists all patrons with fines?
19:27 cait I think I have one for that
19:28 nengard yes please
19:29 nengard outstanding fines
19:29 pastebot Someone at pasted "borrowers with fines" (13 lines) at
19:29 cait some of my libraries are using it
19:31 nengard cait thank you!!
19:31 nengard testing now
19:31 cait cool, let me know if it works :)
19:31 magnus_away is now known as magnus_afk
19:32 magnus_afk is now known as magnuse
19:33 nengard cait
19:33 nengard ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT (SELECT CONCAT('<a href=\"/cgi-bin/koha/circ/ci​' at line 4
19:33 cait I am checking it
19:33 cait probably a bad paste from the iwki
19:33 cait wiki
19:35 cait give me a min
19:35 nengard no prob
19:36 cait yes, there is a mistake in our internal wiki - trying to fix
19:39 pastebot "cait" at pasted "SELECT (SELECT CONCAT('<a href" (12 lines) at
19:39 cait this should work
19:40 cait ah, small thing you might want to fix, both the name and the fine link to the fines page in the borrower account, the first should link to the details page
19:41 nengard cait that works!!
19:41 nengard thank you
19:41 nengard I'll update the links and the language :)
19:41 cait no problem :)
19:41 nengard what is Ausleihen
19:42 druthb joined #koha
19:43 cait checkout
19:43 cait s
19:44 nengard thansnk
19:44 nengard thanks
19:44 cait the number of current checkouts
19:46 nengard i have erased my report and put yours in there (with a few edits by me)
19:46 nengard[…]Library#Patrons_w.2F_Fines
19:47 cait cool :)
19:47 cait my first report in the sql library!
19:47 cait thx nengard
19:47 cait nengard++
19:48 nengard cait you had another in there actually
19:48 cait I did?
19:48 magnuse i thought there was a test to find sysprefs missing from sql files, but i can't find it... does that ring any bells for anyone?
19:48 nengard[…]rts_Library#Title.2FSubtitle_List
19:48 cait yep
19:48 cait it's in xt I think
19:49 magnuse ah, that looks promising cait - i was only looking in t/
19:50 cait more xp for me -muhar
19:50 cait hehe
19:50 nengard i don't like the interface in that game
19:50 nengard too hard to enter in everything i'm doing
19:50 cait hm?
19:50 cait to many clicks?
19:50 cait to = too
19:53 cait magnuse:[…]11-08-04#i_729059
19:54 nengard yes cait
19:54 cait I like the pictures
19:55 cait the picture on the front page is great
19:55 nengard :)
19:55 cait and I still want to gain a chocolate fish
19:55 cait but have to write patches for that
19:55 nengard heh
19:56 libsysguy w00t i got our urls working
19:56 libsysguy
19:56 libsysguy
19:57 magnuse woohoo
19:57 magnuse libsysguy++
19:57 magnuse n00b question: what's the difference between t/ and xt/ for test?
19:58 nengard congrats libsysguy
19:58 libsysguy :D thanks guys
19:58 cait hm
19:58 cait magnuse: hm, not sure
19:59 magnuse extra tests? nah...
19:59 cait extensible tests?
19:59 cait hm we already have database dependent tests
19:59 cait so this could probably not be it
20:02 magnuse not so n00b after all then, perhaps... ;-)
20:11 Guillaume joined #koha
20:11 Guillaume left #koha
20:27 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
20:33 Soupermanito joined #koha
20:39 jcamins_away Hi guys, didja miss me?
20:43 druthb always, jcamins_away!
20:43 jcamins_away I missed you, too. :)
20:44 cait :)
20:44 cait have you brought cookies?
20:45 jcamins_away Alas, no.
20:45 nengard left #koha
20:46 * jcamins_away is very, very proud of himself- he has been an exemplary husband, making sure everything high-calorie in the house is healthy.
20:46 wizzyrea hehe
20:46 wizzyrea exemplary_husbands++
20:46 wizzyrea you have avocados then?
20:46 wizzyrea ^.^
20:47 jcamins_away Not at the moment.
20:47 jcamins_away We're out.
20:47 jcamins_away However, I've been thinking about buying some this evening.
20:47 rangi still wanna know the diff between xt and t ?
20:48 rangi xt are tests to be run when packaging/building releases etc
20:48 rangi t run then as well, but also when installing
20:51 cait :)
20:51 cait rangi++
20:51 cait will tell magnuse later :P
20:51 cait it's weekend!
20:55 cait jcamins_away: what is the healthy substitute for cookies?
20:55 wizzyrea oatmeal cookies with fruit :P
20:55 rangi healthy smealthy
20:55 jcamins_away cait: frozen yogurt.
20:56 cait ok, I will take that then ;)
20:56 jcamins_away With alcohol!
20:56 jcamins_away Actually, the alcohol helps the consistency quite a lot.
20:56 jcamins_away :)
20:56 wizzyrea booze helps most things.
20:57 jcamins_away Also chocolate.
20:57 wizzyrea yea, dark chocolate is actually quite good for you
20:58 wizzyrea especially if it's not too sweet
20:58 jcamins_away (dark chocolate is _very_ healthy, thank you very much)
20:59 jcamins_away Yeah, no worries about it being too sweet.
21:00 cait ok
21:00 jcamins_away 70% dark chocolate, yogurt, Bailey's Irish Cream, and a small amount of agave syrup (the natural alternative to splenda;).
21:00 cait yum
21:00 cait can I have some frozen joghurt please?
21:00 * jcamins_away hands out yogurt ice pops.
21:01 wizzyrea you can make tequila out of agave syrup ;)
21:01 druthb mmmm
21:01 * druthb takes a yogurt pop.
21:02 jcamins_away wizzyrea: I think I'm allergic to tequila.
21:02 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
21:02 wizzyrea but not agave syrup?
21:02 jcamins Nope.
21:02 cait thx jcamins :)
21:02 wizzyrea or you're allergic in the way that drinking tequila makes you hang on to the floor for fear of falling off the world
21:02 wizzyrea because I'm allergic in that way.
21:02 wizzyrea :P
21:03 jcamins No, allergic in the sense of "even a small taste of something with tequila makes me really sick."
21:03 * druthb has the same allergy as wizzy
21:03 wizzyrea but I still like it :)
21:03 cait I am allergic to coffeine and alcohol in that way
21:03 wizzyrea oo, that's bad.
21:03 * druthb is laughing so hard it hurts a lil
21:04 cait hm. actually it's more that my company and friends are allergic to me consuming coffeine or alcohol
21:04 jcamins cait: better avoid kahlua, then. :P
21:04 talljoy left #koha
21:05 cait I still get teased for the last time I had coffee at a role playing convention years ago :)
21:06 wizzyrea what I appreciate most about you people, is that every single day you make me laugh.
21:07 bigbrovar joined #koha
21:07 rangi cait: is that when you threw a d20 at people and danced on tables?
21:07 jcamins Someone small and fuzzy is nibbling my fingers affectionately.
21:07 bg rangi?
21:07 jcamins It makes typing really difficult.
21:07 druthb bg?
21:08 cait rangi: not quite
21:08 cait druthb?
21:08 wahanui druthb is probably currently convincing the amish that they need to web 2.0
21:08 cait i was either asleep or talking - and that changed every few seconds
21:09 rangi lol
21:09 * rangi goes to search youtube for that
21:09 druthb !
21:09 cait that was before youtube :P
21:10 cait druthb: do they have alibrary?
21:12 wizzyrea i read that up there as "someone small and fuzzy is nibbling my fingers" and it looks like bg suggested that it might be rangi. This makes me laugh.
21:12 cait me too
21:13 cait now it's finally a real friday :)
21:13 jcamins Heh. Someone small and fuzzy has stopped nibbling my fingers. He's now considering whether he's a match for the Hungarian cow that was made into my shoes.
21:14 rangi hey, i only nibbled his fingers once!
21:14 jcamins I'm getting the sense he feels neglected.
21:15 wizzyrea rangi? or small and fuzzy?
21:15 * wizzyrea is getting confused.
21:15 jcamins Small and fuzzy.
21:15 jcamins rangi: are you feeling neglected too?
21:17 cait lol
21:17 libsysguy has anybody used the setDelimiter method in Text::CSV
21:17 cait oh
21:17 cait a serious question from libsysguy
21:18 libsysguy sorry to butt in...
21:18 cait jcamins: you should give him a pop
21:18 * jcamins gives libsysguy a yogurt ice pop.
21:18 rangi i havent libsysguy
21:19 jcamins libsysguy: I did at some point, I think. Don't remember anything about it, though.
21:19 libsysguy hmm...i get an error of can't locate metod setDelimiter
21:21 * rangi consults cpan
21:22 libsysguy rangi...that is where i found the method :'(
21:22 rangi you have 05 eh?
21:23 libsysguy v5.10.1
21:24 rangi ump
21:25 rangi from cpan?
21:25 cait this smiley looks so tired
21:25 cait ah, sad not tired
21:25 libsysguy hmm maybe I should try updating from cpan
21:25 * cait wonders how a tired smiley looks like
21:25 rangi[…]1/lib/Text/
21:25 rangi there are a few Text::CSV
21:25 rangi trying to figure out what one you have :)
21:26 rangi thats the one i have installed 1.21
21:27 rangi ./ -i will tell ya
21:27 rangi and that module has no setdelimiter
21:28 libsysguy grr yes ies 1.21
21:29 rangi there ya go :)
21:29 rangi looking at the wrong man page :)
21:29 libsysguy so im confused
21:29 jcamins libsysguy: ask druthb which module sheuses.
21:30 jcamins s/sheuses/she uses/
21:30 libsysguy i think druthb is afk
21:30 rangi was it this one ?
21:30 druthb no, she's not.
21:30 libsysguy eeek druthb
21:30 rangi
21:30 libsysguy your back
21:30 rangi your face
21:30 druthb I use Text::CSV_XS, mostly]
21:30 sekjal libsysguy:  I've been working on the wrapup for bug 5079
21:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5079 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, tdavis, ASSIGNED , Make display of shelving location and call number in XSLT results controlled by sysprefs
21:31 libsysguy sweet...anything you need from me?
21:31 sekjal not at this time
21:31 sekjal going to add two more
21:31 libsysguy two more patches?
21:31 sekjal the one I described before (about not showing location if there are no items)
21:31 libsysguy oh right
21:32 libsysguy sorry to cause some kind of stirr with that patch
21:32 sekjal and one that will give distinct all the distinct combos of location/callnumber in the same line, separated by commas, independent of status
21:32 sekjal libsysguy:  don't worry about it, you're just fine.  it's good work
21:33 NateC left #koha
21:33 sekjal bug 4032 is completely independent
21:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4032 enhancement, P1, ---, henridamien, NEW , XSLT systempreference should take a path to file rather than YesNo
21:33 libsysguy that is what I was kind of glad you guys are really strict on scope creep
21:33 wizzyrea wait wait
21:33 wizzyrea did someone just say they were GLAD
21:34 wizzyrea that we were STRICT
21:34 wizzyrea someone quote him quick
21:34 wizzyrea :)
21:34 libsysguy hehe
21:34 libsysguy wayy better than the last place i was constant creep
21:35 sekjal I'm all for using Bugzilla's "blocks" and "depends on" feature to link many, narrowly-focused bug reports together
21:35 druthb left #koha
21:35 sekjal small patches are easy to test
21:35 druthb joined #koha
21:35 rangi sekjal++
21:36 cait sekjal++ :)
21:36 libsysguy druthb how do you set a delimiter in CSV_XS...i don't see it in the man just says you can
21:36 libsysguy sekjal++
21:37 libsysguy oh wait
21:37 libsysguy i just missed it druthb
21:37 druthb libsysguy:   my $csv=Text::CSV->new({sep_char=>'|'});
21:37 * sekjal holds his tongue about how small patches are easy to test, and he likes that because he's lazy
21:38 rangi lazy is good
21:39 rangi its the learning that doing stuff upfront to get set up, means you can do lots less later thats the good lazy
21:40 wizzyrea ^^
21:40 rangi im too lazy to go round having to pull commits out of mater
21:40 rangi master
21:40 rangi id rather we are sure about them before we put them in :)
21:41 sekjal agreed
21:41 sekjal and with that, I've got to dash
21:41 rangi another question from disney
21:41 sekjal there are hungry cats somewhere in Northampton
21:42 sekjal goodnight, all!
21:42 sekjal left #koha
21:44 wizzyrea oh, my question from earlier
21:44 wizzyrea maybe someone knows
21:44 wizzyrea does deleting a patron delete their reading history?
21:44 cait hm
21:44 cait it should not I think
21:44 cait but never looked into it
21:44 wizzyrea keeps their borrowernumber?
21:44 wizzyrea their usage stats are kept I'm sure
21:44 cait I am not entirely sure - but you keep the patron too
21:45 cait in deletedborrowers
21:45 wizzyrea oo
21:45 wizzyrea yea
21:45 wizzyrea true
21:45 rangi the stats table exists
21:45 cait so why should it delete the oldissues
21:45 druthb left #koha
21:45 rangi that wont get delete
21:45 rangi d
21:45 rangi but check the foreign key constraints
21:45 rangi it might be set to cascade deletes for old_issues
21:46 wizzyrea I personally think it'd be a good thing
21:46 rangi so the db might delete that row
21:46 wizzyrea to delete the oldissues when a patron is deleted
21:46 wizzyrea but not the stats
21:46 rangi but the stats are still in statistics
21:46 wizzyrea I was thinking about the question from ms. peel
21:46 cait hm
21:46 rangi and like cait said borrowers in deletedborrowers (assuming you use the interface to delete them, not in the db that is)
21:47 wizzyrea right right
21:47 rangi either way, yeah the statistics are still there
21:47 rangi is the short answer to her
21:47 rangi you can get the xp for that:)
21:47 cait people use issues tabe a lot for statistics too... and if the deletedborrower borrower is deleted, you couldn't reconstruct the person from the borrowernumber, right?
21:47 cait lol
21:47 cait this game is evil
21:48 rangi no
21:49 rangi yeah, ppl should use the stats table :)
21:49 rangi its what its for
21:50 wizzyrea ah, that has been bugging me all day.
21:52 cait 131 gold pieces - I am rich, but still no chocolate fish
21:52 rangi ?
21:52 wizzyrea her question
21:52 wizzyrea :)
21:52 wizzyrea I didn't have the opportunity to dig up the answer myself
21:52 rangi so
21:52 rangi if the next ALA is at anaheim
21:52 jcamins Ooh, I helped people on IRC yesterday and today. :)
21:52 rangi and disney use Koha
21:52 bg rangi football today?
21:52 rangi that oughta work
21:52 cait and you fed us joghurt pops
21:53 cait :)
21:53 rangi bg: he didnt want to play
21:53 wizzyrea aww
21:53 rangi we'll try again next week
21:53 bg yeah awww
21:53 cait aww
21:53 wizzyrea that means we should have kohacon at disney world
21:53 jcamins Who did I help yesterday?
21:53 wizzyrea :P
21:53 wizzyrea probably everybody jcamins
21:53 wizzyrea because you're helpful like that
21:53 rangi nz vs australia in rugby tonight tho
21:53 wizzyrea woot woot
21:53 jcamins :)
21:53 bg jcamins you helped rangi with weighted fields
21:53 rangi yep
21:53 jcamins Right! Thank you.
21:54 rangi who knows about marcedit?
21:54 wizzyrea you helped me with git today
21:54 rangi and can help the disney dude
21:54 bg terry reese
21:54 rangi wish he would just release it with a floss license
21:54 jcamins Disney? Huh?
21:54 wizzyrea no lie
21:54 bg yeah you ever ask him that?
21:54 rangi lots of people have
21:54 wizzyrea wasn't he concerned about it not being perfect?
21:54 bg I asked him once and got the answer - it's his employers decision or something like that
21:55 rangi david hartman, on the devel list
21:55 bg gotta run
21:55 wizzyrea we should approach his employer :P
21:55 rangi ive heard both of those
21:55 rangi but it is copyright him istn it?
21:55 wizzyrea yea, but if it's a cop out
21:55 wizzyrea maybe his boss could compel him.
21:55 wizzyrea :P
21:55 * wizzyrea is evil.
21:56 wizzyrea so what if it's got a horrid wrong hack in it?
21:56 wizzyrea let someone else fix it :P
21:56 jcamins rangi: to be fair, employment law in the US is pretty screwed up, so it could be that it actually is his employer's decision.
21:56 rangi yeah thats true
21:56 rangi oregon state
21:56 wizzyrea oo
21:56 wizzyrea and universities are weird about that stuf
21:57 rangi
21:57 rangi doesnt seem like it would be a hard sell
21:57 wizzyrea bug uni tho
21:57 wizzyrea the values may not carry over :/
21:57 rangi true
21:58 wizzyrea aight, see u peeps later
21:58 rangi cya later
22:02 libsysguy left #koha
22:03 * rangi is off too
22:25 Callender left #koha
22:25 JesseM left #koha
22:25 Johnindy_ left #koha
22:25 chrisdothall left #koha
22:25 Agent_Dani left #koha
22:25 phasefx__ left #koha
22:25 davi left #koha
22:25 phasefx_ left #koha
22:25 Soupermanito left #koha
22:25 wahanui left #koha
22:25 Irma left #koha
22:25 alohalog` left #koha
22:25 gmcharlt left #koha
22:25 eythian left #koha
22:25 slef left #koha
22:25 liw left #koha
22:25 cait left #koha
22:25 fredericd left #koha
22:25 Ropuch left #koha
22:25 jenkins_koha left #koha
22:25 matts_away left #koha
22:25 huginn left #koha
22:25 chris_n left #koha
22:25 bugg left #koha
22:25 magnus_away left #koha
22:25 bg left #koha
22:25 rhcl left #koha
22:25 jcamins left #koha
22:25 sijobl left #koha
22:25 rangi left #koha
22:25 bigbrovar left #koha
22:25 thd-away left #koha
22:25 moodaepo left #koha
22:25 chilts left #koha
22:25 mtj left #koha
22:27 rangi joined #koha
22:27 jcamins joined #koha
22:27 sijobl joined #koha
22:27 rhcl joined #koha
22:27 bg joined #koha
22:27 Johnindy joined #koha
22:27 magnus_away joined #koha
22:27 bugg joined #koha
22:27 chris_n joined #koha
22:27 huginn joined #koha
22:27 Soupermanito joined #koha
22:27 cait joined #koha
22:27 wahanui joined #koha
22:27 Irma joined #koha
22:27 Ropuch joined #koha
22:27 slef joined #koha
22:27 liw joined #koha
22:27 fredericd joined #koha
22:27 matts_away joined #koha
22:27 eythian joined #koha
22:27 jenkins_koha joined #koha
22:27 gmcharlt joined #koha
22:27 alohalog` joined #koha
22:30 Callender joined #koha
22:30 chrisdothall joined #koha
22:30 Agent_Dani joined #koha
22:30 phasefx__ joined #koha
22:30 davi joined #koha
22:30 phasefx_ joined #koha
22:32 davidnind joined #koha
22:35 Topic for #koha is now Next General IRC Meeting 7 September 2011 at 18.00 UTC. This is a nominations meeting.
22:41 rhcl ooohhh netsplit
22:43 cait left #koha
22:44 bigbrovar joined #koha
22:44 thd-away joined #koha
22:44 chilts joined #koha
22:44 mtj joined #koha
22:44 moodaepo joined #koha
22:52 bg hiya rhcl
22:55 rhcl hey, whats up?
22:57 rhcl 6:00pm, we're closing -- I'm out!
22:57 rhcl left #koha
23:25 davidnind left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary