IRC log for #koha, 2011-02-09

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:07 brendan__ joined #koha
00:11 brendan_ left #koha
00:12 Nate_ left #koha
00:23 Nate_ joined #koha
00:24 Nate_ left #koha
00:28 brendan_ joined #koha
00:31 brendan_ left #koha
00:32 druthb joined #koha
00:33 druthb Howdy, from Bloomington, Indiana.
00:35 rangi hows the hackfest going?
00:35 druthb Starting in about 40 minutes.  :)
00:35 rangi cool
00:36 druthb sekjal has run off to see if he can find a couple of twelve-packs of soda or something.
00:36 rangi cool
00:44 Brooke_ joined #koha
00:44 Brooke_ kia ora
00:44 rangi heya Brooke_
00:45 druthb hi, Br
00:45 druthb grrr..nails.  Howdy, Brooke.  :)
00:46 * Brooke_ feels the love.
00:47 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5726 : MT1059 Follow-up : Fix merge reference selection presentation <[…]2aa2bc5f030dd44f8>
00:53 Brooke_ sanctuary!
00:56 nengard left #koha
00:57 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 3495 : Providing a link to the fast add screen in circulation for an item that... <[…]78157e069278085c9>
00:57 hudsonbot Starting build 351 for job Koha_Master (previous build: SUCCESS)
01:07 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: adding some copyright BibLibre statements <[…]855bdf0e6924c2a09>
01:20 druthb left #koha
01:25 * Brooke_ grins impishly
01:25 Brooke_ do we have a kete?
01:26 rangi[…]1906416&show=html
01:26 hudsonbot Project Koha_Master build #351: SUCCESS in 29 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]/Koha_Master/351/
01:26 hudsonbot * Paul Poulain: Bug 5726 : MT1059 Follow-up : Fix merge reference selection presentation
01:26 hudsonbot * Chris Cormack: Bug 3495 : Providing a link to the fast add screen in circulation for an item that isn't found
01:27 hudsonbot Starting build 352 for job Koha_Master (previous build: SUCCESS)
01:28 rangi does the koha project have a kete? nope
01:29 Brooke_ is Walter bribeable?
01:30 rangi probably
01:38 brendan_ joined #koha
01:38 * Brooke_ waves to brendan
01:38 brendan_ hi brooke
01:39 rangi hi brendan_
01:39 brendan_ rangi :)
01:39 sekjal joined #koha
01:40 brendan_ hiya sekjal
01:40 sekjal hey, brendan
01:40 Brooke_ hi sekjal
01:41 sekjal hi, Brooke!
01:41 sekjal koha hackfest at Code4Lib
01:41 rangi find the soda?
01:41 sekjal yes, got a couple twelvepacks
01:42 sekjal and a growler of local beer for anyone who prefers
01:42 Brooke_ omnomnomnomnom
01:42 Brooke_ can't
01:42 Brooke_ might have to drive.
01:46 eythian a "growler"?
01:46 Brooke_ yep
01:47 sekjal eythian: a very large bottle of beer
01:47 Brooke_ like a pint, but better and bigger :D
01:47 eythian Oh. A rigger perhaps then.
01:47 eythian usually PET bottles, 1, 1.5, 2L
01:47 brendan_ oh cool sekjal - are there a few of you there for a koha hackfest?
01:48 sekjal so far it's druthb, bshum and myself
01:48 sekjal we just opened the doors not too long ago
01:48 rangi make sure you show bshum the packages :-)
01:48 eythian every day is a koha hackfest here at Catalyst :D
01:48 Brooke_[…]&biw=1187&bih=924
01:48 Brooke_ for growler's sake
01:50 eythian ah yep
01:51 eythian similar things, although ours aren't usually glass.
01:51 * Brooke_ doesn't think jugs are interchangeable with growlers.
01:51 Brooke_ thanks to sekjal, I now have the jug song in me head. :P
01:52 hudsonbot Project Koha_Master build #352: SUCCESS in 24 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]/Koha_Master/352/
01:52 hudsonbot Paul Poulain: adding some copyright BibLibre statements
01:53 brendan_ ah bshum should hop in channel here ;)
01:56 druthb joined #koha
01:58 bshum joined #koha
01:58 rangi hey druthb and brendan_
01:58 rangi hmm tab fail
01:58 rangi bshum even
01:58 Brooke_ :)
01:59 bshum /waves at the Koha folk :)
02:00 brendan_ hiya
02:00 Brooke_ left #koha
02:01 druthb howdy from a mini hack fest.  :)
02:07 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5702 : Adding if statement condition to highlight toggle <[…]7b0fe636c7ed3d1b9>
02:12 hudsonbot Starting build 353 for job Koha_Master (previous build: SUCCESS)
02:13 bshum Oh, hi rangi :)
02:23 rangi right that will make cait happy, i just pushed her fix for 3009
02:23 druthb making_cait_happy++
02:24 mtj[…]996-1226002713751
02:24 * mtj waves ...
02:24 mtj heya folks
02:24 rangi !hudson status
02:24 hudsonbot status of all projects:
02:24 hudsonbot Koha_3.0.x(disabled) : last build: 2 (3 mo 11 days ago): FAILURE: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]job/Koha_3.0.x/2/
02:24 hudsonbot Koha_3.2.x: last build: 97 (1 day 2 hr ago): SUCCESS: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]ob/Koha_3.2.x/97/
02:24 hudsonbot Koha_Docs_3_2_x_Branch: last build: 6 (7 days 1 hr ago): SUCCESS: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]s_3_2_x_Branch/6/
02:24 hudsonbot Koha_Docs_Master_Branch: last build: 56 (7 days 1 hr ago): SUCCESS: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]Master_Branch/56/
02:24 hudsonbot Koha_Master(BUILDING: 12 min and counting): last build: 352 (57 min ago): SUCCESS: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]/Koha_Master/352/
02:25 mtj !hudson help
02:25 hudsonbot Available commands:
02:25 hudsonbot abort <job> - specify which job to abort
02:25 hudsonbot alias [<alias> [<command>]] - defines a new alias, deletes one or lists all existing aliases
02:25 hudsonbot botsnack [<snack>] - om nom nom
02:25 hudsonbot build <job> [now|<delay>[s|m|h]] [<parameterkey>=<value>]* - schedule a job build, with standard, custom or no quiet period
02:25 hudsonbot comment <job> <build-#> <comment> - adds a description to a build
02:25 hudsonbot h [<job>|-v <view>] - show the health of a specific job, jobs in a view or all jobs
02:25 hudsonbot health [<job>|-v <view>] - show the health of a specific job, jobs in a view or all jobs
02:25 hudsonbot jobs [<job>|-v <view>] - show the status of a specific job, jobs in a view or all jobs
02:25 hudsonbot q - show the state of the build queue
02:25 hudsonbot queue - show the state of the build queue
02:25 hudsonbot s [<job>|-v <view>] - show the status of a specific job, jobs in a view or all jobs
02:25 bshum left #koha
02:25 hudsonbot schedule <job> [now|<delay>[s|m|h]] [<parameterkey>=<value>]* - schedule a job build, with standard, custom or no quiet period
02:25 hudsonbot status [<job>|-v <view>] - show the status of a specific job, jobs in a view or all jobs
02:25 hudsonbot testresult [<job>|-v <view>] - show the test results of a specific job, jobs in a view or all jobs
02:25 hudsonbot userstat <username> - prints information about a Hudson user
02:25 mtj oooh, nice help
02:25 druthb ibot: jcamins?
02:25 wahanui jcamins is supposed to be an outstanding cook. or well-traveled and brilliant. or trying to think of a solution, but short of a set of three sysprefs (ShelfBrowserUsesLocation, ShelfBrowserUsesCcode, and ShelfBrowserUsesHomeBranch), I don't really have any ideas.
02:26 druthb ibot:  sekjal?
02:26 wahanui somebody said sekjal was a wonderful geek.
02:26 rangi heh did we scare bshum off
02:26 druthb rebooting.  :)
02:26 sekjal rangi: he's having some networking troubles, we think
02:27 rangi ahh
02:27 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote branch 'kc/new/bug_3009' into kcmaster <[…]8326a33a21638338b> / Bug 3009 - Change items.content field so it prints due date by default <[…]b212d5333852dd41f> / Adding id tags to some OPAC templates. <
02:27 rangi windows?
02:27 wahanui windows is only version 7
02:28 bshum joined #koha
02:29 rangi wb bshum
02:29 bshum rangi: Thanks.  Wifi is being mean to me :(
02:30 Ahmuck joined #koha
02:31 brendan_ left #koha
02:37 hudsonbot Project Koha_Master build #353: SUCCESS in 24 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]/Koha_Master/353/
02:37 hudsonbot Brice Sanchez: Bug 5702 : Adding if statement condition to highlight toggle
02:37 hudsonbot Starting build 354 for job Koha_Master (previous build: SUCCESS)
02:41 bshum left #koha
02:45 bshum joined #koha
02:47 * druthb gets out the Velcro for bshum.
03:03 kmkale joined #koha
03:04 kmkale namaskar #koha
03:04 rangi namaste kmkale
03:05 druthb namaste, kmkale.
03:05 kmkale kia ora chris
03:05 kmkale Good morning druthb
03:05 kmkale did I get that right chris?
03:06 rangi you sure did
03:07 kmkale :)
03:10 kmkale @weather Mumbai
03:10 huginn kmkale: The current temperature in Mumbai, India is 22.0�C (8:10 AM IST on February 09, 2011). Conditions: Smoke. Humidity: 60%. Dew Point: 14.0�C. Pressure: 29.80 in 1009 hPa (Steady).
03:12 eythian >  Conditions: Smoke.
03:12 eythian wut?
03:14 kmkale too many vehicles
03:14 space_librarian smoggy
03:16 eythian but 'smoke'? It makes it sound like Perth or something.
03:17 druthb @weather bloomington, in
03:17 huginn druthb: The current temperature in Bloomington, Indiana is -11.6�C (10:20 PM EST on February 08, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 81%. Dew Point: -14.0�C. Windchill: -12.0�C. Pressure: 30.34 in 1027.3 hPa (Falling).
03:18 kmkale actually its really pleasant. Not smokey or smoggy at all
03:18 eythian heh
03:18 kmkale had a nice drive to office
03:24 hudsonbot Project Koha_Master build #354: SUCCESS in 46 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]/Koha_Master/354/
03:24 hudsonbot * koha-preprod: Bug 5629 : Adding an HTML anchor in the link in order to choose the right tab when we click on the link
03:24 hudsonbot * koha-preprod: Add markers to text in Javascript variable in order to be translate.
03:24 hudsonbot * Koustubha Kale: Adding id tags to some OPAC templates.
03:24 hudsonbot * Katrin Fischer: Bug 3009 - Change items.content field so it prints due date by default
03:24 * druthb cheers wildly
03:25 rangi 0 in the signed off queue now
03:26 druthb yay!
03:33 kmkale 5712 must have one of the fastest patches created, signed-off and pushed ;) thanks to chris and owen
03:34 rangi it was easy, cos it cant really break anything :)
03:35 kmkale :)
03:52 sekjal rangi: bug 5716?
03:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5716 trivial, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED, Whitespace correction for browse shelf link
03:54 rangi yep, wasnt marked signed off, but i fixed that
03:55 rangi (they dont show up in my list if they arent marked signed off)
03:55 hdl joined #koha
03:58 LBA left #koha
04:08 hdl left #koha
04:10 sekjal my fault on that one... still have to mentally add that to my workflow
04:18 space_librarian left #koha
04:22 druthb left #koha
04:23 jransom left #koha
04:25 bshum left #koha
04:38 indradg @weather kolkata
04:38 huginn indradg: The current temperature in Kolkata, India is 25.0�C (9:50 AM IST on February 09, 2011). Conditions: Haze. Humidity: 54%. Dew Point: 15.0�C. Pressure: 29.83 in 1010 hPa (Steady).
04:48 brendan_ joined #koha
04:49 brendan_ left #koha
04:51 brendan_ joined #koha
04:57 sekjal alright, it's tomorrow, time for sleeps
04:57 sekjal g'night, #koha!
04:57 sekjal left #koha
05:28 brendan_ left #koha
05:30 brendan_ joined #koha
05:33 cait joined #koha
05:34 cait good morning #koha
05:38 kmkale hi cait
05:54 cait hi kmkale :)
06:28 indradg left #koha
06:45 magnuse joined #koha
06:58 francharb joined #koha
07:04 francharb hello all
07:13 cait hi francharb
07:16 Oak joined #koha
07:33 cait left #koha
07:45 mtj a random perl Q....
07:46 mtj how do i load text into a $scalar until XXXX
07:46 mtj something like =cut or EOL/EOF ?
07:48 magnuse kia ora, #koha
07:49 mtj ah,   print <<EOF;
07:49 magnuse mtj:[…]t/perlheredoc.htm ?
07:50 hdl joined #koha
07:50 mtj ta magnuse :)
07:52 magnuse mtj: or more appropriate, perhaps - look for "<<EOF" here:[…]te-like-Operators
07:52 magnuse bonjour hdl!
07:52 hdl hi magnuse
07:55 sophie_m joined #koha
08:04 kf joined #koha
08:04 kf good morning #koha
08:09 hdl hi kf
08:10 kf hi hdl :)
08:10 hdl magnuse: it is called heredocs
08:10 mtj heya folks
08:11 mtj magnuse:  hdl  - thanx heredocs worked well
08:17 magnuse is now known as magnus_breakfast
08:20 paul_p joined #koha
08:23 kf hah - the perl book already works. I know what a heredoc is (since yesterday)
08:23 * kf waves to magnus_breakfast
08:23 kf hi paul_p
08:23 paul_p 'morning everybody
08:24 ebegin left #koha
08:26 jransom joined #koha
08:30 kf hi jo, were you able to sort out your numbers and calculations?
08:31 jransom hi Katrin
08:32 jransom i'm still standing and still have a job
08:32 kf this whole borrower message structure is a bit insane
08:32 kf that's good to hear, but they would be crazy to fire you
08:33 kf and the first comment was not directed to you - only trying to find out how to make this work
08:33 jransom yep.
08:33 jransom the accountant was really gracious actually
08:34 jransom said so long as we have identified the mistake and I have a solution to fix it we'll be fine ... just have to work through it.
08:35 kf so it will be ok?
08:36 jransom yep.
08:36 jransom phew :)
08:37 kf :)
08:37 jransom babe, I have to go help my son do his homework.
08:37 jransom cya
08:40 kf cya
08:43 Ropuch left #koha
08:46 hdl hi jransom
08:47 Ropuch joined #koha
08:53 paul_p kf & magnus_breakfast :[…]om-apr-4th-to-8th
08:54 magnus_breakfast is now known as magnuse
08:56 magnuse paul_p: sounds really cool!
08:56 jransom waves at hdl and paul and magnus
08:57 hudsonbot Starting build 355 for job Koha_Master (previous build: SUCCESS)
08:57 magnuse kia ora jransom! how are the plans for Te Takere coming along?
08:58 kf paul_p: yep - really cool
08:58 kf paul_p: traduction = translation?
09:02 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Fix for Bug 5716 - Whitespace correction for browse shelf <[…]5a7aa7e3649f20d0b>
09:08 kmkale left #koha
09:11 irmaB joined #koha
09:12 hdl kf: yes
09:15 jransom its looking really good
09:15 jransom consulattion (yes - another round) finishes Saturday.
09:16 jransom but the councillors are right behind it and getting lots of positive feedback
09:16 magnuse jransom: cool!
09:18 paul_p magnuse, right. traduction=translation. Fixed
09:19 magnuse paul_p: that was kf, not me ;-)
09:19 kmkale joined #koha
09:19 magnuse hiya kmkale!
09:19 kmkale hi magnuse
09:20 glernil joined #koha
09:21 * magnuse agrees with paul_p: never underestimate the power of eye-candy...
09:22 hudsonbot Project Koha_Master build #355: SUCCESS in 25 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]/Koha_Master/355/
09:22 hudsonbot Owen Leonard: Fix for Bug 5716 - Whitespace correction for browse shelf
09:28 jransom left #koha
09:49 kf magnuse: yeah, but colors are difficult - having some different stylsheets to choose from is probably best
09:49 kf grey/black/white are nice and neutral, whatever corporate design your institution has
09:49 magnuse kf: yeah, choice would be good
09:50 magnuse it could be different themes, blue, green, grey etc
09:53 magnuse if we decided on one "palette" of a handful of colours and applied it to different elements it shouldn't be too hard to replace it with another "palette" that applied to the same elements just with different colours...
09:53 magnuse but then, i'm no designer...
09:55 kf magnus: EAN :)
09:55 kf yep, for the colors - this is what I had in mind
09:56 kf or even make the palette configurable like other software does
09:56 kf so you could choose a handful of colors that will be used in the stylesheet
09:57 kf magnus: I was thinking EAN could be an ID for dvds
09:59 magnuse kf: it probably can, but do libraries put that in their records?
09:59 magnuse kf: yeah, having the colours configurable through the web ui would be very cool!
10:00 magnuse letting individual librarians set their own palette would be cool too! ;-)
10:00 kf individual settings would be cool in a lot of places
10:00 kf like search preferences in advanced search
10:00 kf individual default settings for frameworks and such
10:00 kf I had a presentation where they asked for that
10:02 magnuse it would probably introduce a whole new level of complexity, but yes, it would be a good "selling point"
10:08 kf yeah, let's start with stylesheet per library :)
10:08 kf library = installation
10:09 magnuse how hard can it be? ;-)
10:17 kf hehe
10:31 irmaB left #koha
10:35 hdl kf EAN is a number identifying CDs and DVDs
10:35 hdl[…]an_Article_Number
10:36 * magnuse had a vision of the OPAC as a social network this morning - give users a profile page and let them show off recent comments, stars and things added to lists - lett them connect with other users and display recent activity from their connections...
10:37 kf hdl: thx - that was what I thought - but not sure about cataloging practice
10:38 kf magnuse: have you read the evergreen 2.0 feature list?
10:38 magnuse we use a program called DVD Profiler ( to keep track of our DVDs/Blu-rays, and that program is based around EANs
10:39 magnuse kf: nope
10:39 kf "There is backend code support for a method to allow patrons to link  their records in a way that grant privileges. This could be utilized in  future implementations for social networking features. "
10:39 kf not sure about the concept
10:39 kf[…]=feature_list_2_0
10:40 magnuse not sure i understand "link  their records in a way that grant privileges"...
10:47 kf yeah, same problem here
10:48 kf perhals let users see something?
10:48 kf let ohter users see my lists/recommendations/comments
10:49 magnuse yeah, maybe
11:55 kmkale left #koha
11:55 kmkale joined #koha
11:57 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
12:04 kmkale left #koha
12:04 kmkale joined #koha
12:18 slef kmkale (or anyone else near that part of the world): do you offer distance Koha training in English?
12:18 kmkale slef: yes we can
12:18 slef kmkale: would you msg me with details, please, or a URL to a page about it?
12:19 kmkale slef: I dont have a page. Could you tell me a bit more about it? For library staff is it? or installation and configuration stuff?
12:20 slef kmkale: doing so in private, thanks.
12:28 glernil left #koha
12:33 slef @marc 001
12:33 huginn slef: The control number assigned by the organization creating, using, or distributing the record. The MARC code for the organization is contained in field 003 (Control Number Identifier). []
12:34 jwagner joined #koha
12:34 slef @marc 008
12:34 huginn slef: This field contains 40 character positions (00-39) that provide coded information about the record as a whole and about special bibliographic aspects of the item being cataloged. These coded data elements are potentially useful for retrieval and data management purposes. []
12:43 marcelr joined #koha
12:44 marcelr hi all, anyone having seen problem of having no marc details for a record in staff client in current master?
12:44 jcamins_away marcelr: doesn't ring any bells.
12:44 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
12:44 jcamins Good morning, #koha
12:45 marcelr there was some reverting done on
12:45 kmkale hi jcamins
12:46 jwagner Morning, all
12:52 Oak left #koha
13:07 oleonard joined #koha
13:10 jwagner Can anyone confirm -- for the -library option on the overdue notices, can you enter multiple libraries like -library BRANCHA,BRANCHB etc.?
13:10 jwagner Or would you need to cron the branches separately?
13:11 jwagner I _think_ from looking at the code you'd have to cron them separately.
13:17 * kf waves to marcelr
13:17 marcelr hi kf
13:17 * jcamins waves to kf
13:17 kf I wrote you a minute ago
13:17 * kf waves to jacmins :)
13:17 marcelr yes saw it
13:17 sekjal joined #koha
13:18 kf hope it's helpful
13:18 marcelr will look into it, thanks
13:19 kf marcelr++
13:19 hdl jwagner: you would have to use -library BRANCHA -library BRANCHB
13:19 kf I really appreciate your patches and xslt work
13:19 jwagner hdl, thanks!
13:19 marcelr ok
13:20 hdl I don't remember whether patch done were pushed in master
13:20 jcamins marcelr++ # I also appreciate the XSLT improvements
13:20 marcelr well..
13:21 jcamins @karma marcel_de_rooy
13:21 huginn jcamins: Karma for "marcel_de_rooy" has been increased 2 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 2.
13:21 jcamins marcelr++
13:21 jcamins marcelr++ # since I've been giving your karma to the wrong nick
13:23 sekjal morning, #koha!
13:23 slef hi sekjal
13:23 * slef goes to lunch
13:23 marcelr koha, i updated #5462 for not showing the marc details in current master
13:24 hdl jwagner: daae4090e3a1e716495dd505c68b758dc25ac05a this patch on our git
13:25 jwagner hdl, ?
13:25 hdl jwagner: since I cannot confirm this patch was pushed. I let you know what we did to allow multiple libraries.
13:26 jwagner Oh, OK.  I'll see if I can tell
13:26 jwagner Do you have a URL to that page on your git repo?
13:28 hdl[…]791056e54;hb=HEAD
13:28 hdl It contains all our devs and bug fixes on overdue_notices.
13:30 jwagner Thanks much!
13:31 hdl you are welcome
13:31 oleonard Hm, so template toolkit can't handle a TMPL varialbe beginning with a number?
13:32 oleonard[…]98f3aef52d#patch2
13:33 hdl :S
13:34 oleonard That change to MARCdetail.tmpl seems to have been made without a corresponding change to
13:35 marcelr seems to be the case, yes
13:37 * oleonard has a fix
13:41 oleonard Patch sent
13:42 marcelr oleonard: could you attach it to the bug?
13:43 oleonard Done
13:43 marcelr ok, will test it now
13:47 oleonard Thanks marcelr
13:54 jwagner hdl, it looks like at least the parts of your commit that allow the multiple branchcodes are in current head.  Not sure about the entire commit, but I see the line: my @branchcodes; # Branch(es) passed as parameter
13:55 marcelr left #koha
14:01 druthb joined #koha
14:03 sekjal is now known as sekjal_away
14:06 oleonard Can anyone tell me how to create the conditions to duplicate bug 5723?
14:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5723 enhancement, P5, ---, oleonard, NEW, tiny 'continued by' font with xslt on in staff client
14:06 * oleonard doesn't know how "continues" and "continued by" work
14:06 jcamins oleonard: didn't we already fix that?
14:07 jcamins It's caused by using a self-closing tag.
14:07 jcamins Firefox doesn't like that.
14:07 oleonard nengard filed the bug yesterday
14:07 oleonard I think we fixed it for some other circumstance?
14:08 jcamins Yeah, that might be.
14:08 jcamins I'll try and find an example record.
14:08 jcamins Ooh, I bet I know what the problem is- the fix was for OPAC only.
14:09 jcamins Bug 4928
14:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4928 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, camins, RESOLVED FIXED, With multiple 76x-78x fields, the font display gets progressively smaller
14:10 tcohen joined #koha
14:11 jcamins I'm not sure I can think of any example records for you off the top of my head.
14:11 oleonard jcamins: Since you supplied the original fix can I assign this new one to you?
14:11 jcamins Sure.
14:29 * oleonard is pleased to discover he can tab-complete git stash apply
14:35 oleonard Wow, Inbox 5.
14:36 jcamins Lucky. I'm at, like, Inbox One Billion.
14:36 * oleonard feels the gravitational pull of jcamins' inbox
14:37 * jcamins does too
14:37 magnus_away inbox 2, todo-list one billion...
14:38 kmkale bye all. good night
14:38 kmkale left #koha
14:43 jcamins I am cautiously optimistic about my sourdough starter... hooray for my new apartment!
14:44 oleonard Your apartment is sourdough starter-friendly?
14:45 jcamins Yup.
14:45 jcamins In my old apartment, anything without live yeast grew mold.
14:46 oleonard jcamins: Do you create your own starter or do you have one that you've nurtured?
14:46 jcamins oleonard: I'm trying to get a starter going.
14:46 nengard joined #koha
14:46 jcamins Then I will nurture it through the decades and it will grow old with me. :)
14:47 magnus_away how sweet... ;-)
14:48 jcamins magnus_away: sour, actually. ;)
14:48 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
14:48 magnuse hehe
14:50 oleonard jcamins: Are you following a recipe for your starter?
14:50 jcamins oleonard: yeah, I have a textbook, Professional Baking by Wayn Gisslen, that I use.
14:50 oleonard Wow, a textbook!
14:51 jcamins oleonard: it's fantastic.
14:51 jcamins I also have Bernard Clayton's book of breads, but the textbook is a lot more consistent.
14:51 sekjal_away is now known as sekjal
14:52 oleonard I should suggest that my local library get that
14:53 nengard left #koha
14:53 jcamins oleonard: do you bake bread?
14:53 oleonard Rarely, but I love sourdough pancakes
14:53 jcamins Oooh.
14:54 jcamins I bet those would be easy... start them a day in advance and let them ferment a bit.
14:55 sekjal idea:  keyword authority records
14:55 jcamins sekjal: a good idea, but first we need subfield authority records.
14:56 oleonard sekjal: I'm sorry, how does that relate to this very important discussion of food? :P
14:56 jcamins oleonard: it will allow us to relate the keyword "yummy" to the subject "sourdough bread."
14:58 nengard joined #koha
14:58 sekjal keyword search on "yummy" also does a search on "delicious", "tasty", "scrumptious" and "mmmmmm"
15:04 magnuse sekjal: have you found a bug number for the lexile-patch?
15:04 sekjal magnuse:  I don't think a bug report was filed
15:05 jcamins I'm confused.
15:05 jcamins Isn't lexile search already available?
15:06 jcamins lex:?
15:06 magnuse there's a patch submitted about a year ago, but it doesn't seem to have been accepted/integrated
15:07 magnuse at least as far as i could see...
15:07 jcamins magnuse: the thing is, I'm looking in my git log, and it's right there.
15:07 jcamins It's also functioning.
15:07 jcamins Look in record.abs.
15:08 jcamins What's confusing me is that I know I've had this conversation before, and I can't figure out why it's in my system and no one else's.
15:09 jcamins[…]272b17e67b2b3db8e
15:11 jcamins So the question is... what am I doing that is resulting in that feature being in my Koha codebase?
15:12 magnuse ah, looks like that sets up the index, but there is noe way to select it for searching in e.g. advanced search?
15:12 jcamins Ah-ha!
15:12 jcamins That's what I'm doing.
15:12 jcamins jquer.
15:12 jcamins *jQuery
15:13 jcamins $("select[name='idx']").append("<option value='lex'>Lexile</option>");
15:14 jcamins magnuse: thanks. Now I know that I'm not going completely crazy.
15:14 magnuse jcamins: np ;-)
15:16 magnuse does that just allow you to search for one exact lexile value, or can you search for bigger than, less than, between x and y?
15:16 jcamins Hm.
15:16 jcamins That's keyword mapping.
15:16 jcamins *matching
15:18 magnuse ?
15:19 jcamins The way I did the jQuery.
15:19 jcamins Sorry, my head is *very* fuzzy from Sudafed.
15:20 oleonard He's totally high on sourdough fumes
15:20 jcamins oleonard: heh.
15:21 magnuse ooh, addictive stuff, that
15:29 jcamins kf: do you know anything about getting branch information to appear in notices?
15:30 sekjal left #koha
15:31 sekjal joined #koha
15:32 druthb left #koha
15:32 druthb joined #koha
15:34 fcapo joined #koha
15:36 fcapo Hello, I have a problem with the script. It always seems to return an error when I run it witht he -b option :
15:36 fcapo Merging
15:36 fcapo {_conn} undefined: has this Connection been destroy()ed? at /usr/lib/perl5/ line 341.
15:37 fcapo Anybody got a solution or a fix?
15:38 jcamins Not me, sorry.
15:39 fcapo Almost forgot: Koha version
15:40 Nate_ joined #koha
15:41 Nate_ Hello #koha!
15:41 jcamins Good morning.
15:42 Nate_ left #koha
15:48 tcohen hi, what permission enables the user (on staff interface) to edit circulation rules?
15:52 oleonard I would think parameters - Set Koha system parameters
15:53 oleonard Yes, that's the one.
15:54 oleonard It's easy to test: revoke that permission and see if you can get to the admin pages
15:56 tcohen oleonard: thanks, i don't have right now my testing koha running
15:57 tcohen this permissions should be more granular I think
15:58 oleonard hdl or paul_p, do you have some patches pending for that?
15:59 hdl It has been there for a while iirc
16:01 tcohen ps -ef | grep zebrasrv | grep -v grep | grep -v daemon -c
16:01 tcohen 26
16:02 tcohen got them all working on a vm from the storage server :-D
16:03 jcamins Where does Koha put the messaging logs?
16:03 tcohen on the same partition on the storage
16:03 jcamins Oh, message_queue?
16:03 jcamins tcohen: that was a general question, not for you. ;)
16:04 tcohen jcamins: sorry!
16:04 oleonard is now known as oleonard-away
16:04 tcohen I think it reports to STDOUT only
16:05 jcamins It stays in message_queue, it looks like.
16:07 jcamins Hm.
16:08 jcamins Why would an e-mail be generated if to_address were NULL?
16:13 Nate_ joined #koha
16:14 gmcharlt jcamins: the message queue processor can pick the email address up from the patron's record
16:14 jcamins gmcharlt: ah. So that doesn't necessarily mean that the e-mail was lost in the ether.
16:14 nengard left #koha
16:14 gmcharlt right
16:15 kf jcamins: see your question - which notices?
16:16 kf overdue should work with the branches table
16:16 jcamins Renewal notice.
16:16 jcamins No, wait.
16:16 jcamins Item now due.
16:17 kf item due - not sure. I think I have the branch address hardcoded in there (one branch library)
16:17 kf I know that some notices don#t work with the branches table
16:17 kf but not sure now which :( have you checked bugzilla?
16:18 kf and yes, it's message_queue
16:18 jcamins I'll look in bugzilla.
16:18 kf there is also an entry for the print message to the library - that's the one with no email address
16:18 jcamins I figured you'd know off the top of your head.
16:18 kf I know it works for overdue - I was testing that recently
16:19 kf I would love to see some work there - there is also a problem with the new <item> syntax
16:19 kf you can't get date from the issues table - so no due date
16:26 oleonard-away is now known as oleonard
16:32 hdl Is slef the only one interested on data persistence.
16:33 * slef is less subtle than hdl
16:33 magnuse hdl: i'm interested as an observer, but that shouldn't affect when a meeting is held...
16:34 kf hdl: not my programming level
16:34 kf hdl: not about not being interested in getting that fixed, will probably lurk when there is a meeting
16:34 hdl I knew irc was a bad place for that call
16:35 kf hm?
16:35 hdl I mean the devel list should be the place.
16:41 paul_p is now known as paul_away
16:48 druthb left #koha
16:48 wizzyrea slef: have you seen
16:49 sekjal left #koha
16:49 slef wizzyrea: yes, but I don't remember it. Shall I look again?
16:49 slef :)
16:50 slef I think long-term webmastering screws up one's memory :)
16:50 paul_away left #koha
16:50 wizzyrea well it's a FLOSS online meeting software, looks pretty cool, but I don't know how accessible it is
16:50 wizzyrea I was mostly curious as to whether you had any opinions on it :)
16:50 slef "Alternate HTML content should be placed here. This content requires the Adobe Flash Player. Get Flash"
16:51 wizzyrea well, that about answers that
16:51 slef It's not FLOSS for the client.
16:51 slef Actually, might be. I can try it with my browser that has the Gnash plugin later.
16:51 wizzyrea indeed... when are we gonna kick this flash habit we've got going
16:51 slef but that's on another floor just now
16:51 wizzyrea we=the interwebs and it's denizens
16:51 wizzyrea np np
16:52 slef yeah, I was lamenting elsewhere that video is a solved problem, so why don't any webinar tools seem to use one of those solutions yet
16:52 slef I think it's probably a tribute to the perceived ease of "just use adobe".
17:07 fcapo left #koha
17:09 kf left #koha
17:11 drulm joined #koha
17:11 Nate_ left #koha
17:14 drulm left #koha
17:14 drulms joined #koha
17:14 drulms Hello all
17:15 oleonard Hi drulms
17:18 drulms Everything ready for 3.2.3 - everything, SIP too !
17:18 drulms But not the public facing Z39.50
17:18 drulms My config is:
17:18 drulms <listen id="publicserver" >tcp:@:2100</listen>
17:19 drulms In koha-conf.xml, but I get this error when trying to connect through the zebra-client:
17:19 drulms Z> open localhost:2100/biblios Connecting...OK. Sent initrequest. Connection rejected by v3 target. ID     : 81 Name   : GFS/YAZ Version: 4.1.3 3ec3ad2bd1e248022bbb7c9d762844bef7f8a461 Init response contains 1 otherInfo unit:   1: otherInfo unit contains 1 diagnostic:     1: code=1 (Permanent system error), addinfo='' Options: search present triggerResourceC
17:20 drulms Connection rejected by v4 target ??? Anyone know what any of this means?
17:20 magnuse drulms: could it be related to this:[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5667 ?
17:20 huginn Bug 5667: minor, P5, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED, koha-conf.xml missing entry for z39.50 publicserver
17:21 wizzyrea oh that could def be it, no server but a listening ID
17:21 drulms I added the <listen id="publicserver" >tcp:@:2100</listen> (and commented it out) and restarted zebra - still no dice
17:22 drulms should there be a way for me to fix it?
17:23 drulms zebra search works fine
17:23 drulms from Koha
17:25 wizzyrea right, that's outgoing
17:25 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
17:25 drulms So it should work, correct?
17:27 hudsonbot Starting build 98 for job Koha_3.2.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:33 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
17:35 fcapo joined #koha
17:35 huginn New commit(s) kohagit32: Fix for Bug 5716 - Whitespace correction for browse shelf <[…]72c5d609dda6f9844> / Bug 3009 - Change items.content field so it prints due date by default <[…]59b9000b94f9d6aa1> / Add markers to text in Javascript variable in order to be translate. <http://g
17:35 magnuse drulms: it's been a while since i did it, but i seem to remember having to copy both <server id="biblioserver"  listenref="biblioserver">...</server> and <serverinfo id="biblioserver">...</serverinfo> and then replacing those three occurences of "biblioserver" with "publicserver" so you get  <server id="publicserver"  listenref="publicserver">...</server> and <serverinfo id="publicserver">...</serverinfo>
17:36 magnuse and then restart zebra
17:36 drulms hmmmm, so I wonder if anyone has the Z39.50 public server working in Koha 3.2?
17:37 drulms magnuse: I suppose I can try that
17:37 jcamins drulms: it works on master, certainly.
17:38 magnuse drulms: good luck, i gotta run :-)
17:38 drulms jacmins: on master?
17:38 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
17:38 drulms magnuse: Thank you!
17:45 drulms jcamins: This makes the Z39.50 server work, but now the Koha search does not work ! :)
17:45 drulms (after restarting zebra)
17:45 drulms heh
17:46 jcamins drulms: Hm.
17:46 jcamins I know it can be done.
17:46 sekjal joined #koha
17:48 drulms jcamins: Authority searching works however
17:48 jcamins Ooh! I think I might know this one... change the port?
17:48 drulms So it seems like a one or the other thing
17:48 drulms I changed the port to 2100
17:48 drulms is that the probs?
17:49 jcamins I'm not sure. I wouldn't think that port would be a problem.
17:49 jcamins sekjal: welcome back. We're troubleshooting a Zebra server that won't work with both public Zebra and Koha at the same time.
17:49 sekjal which server
17:50 jcamins drulms' 3.2.
17:50 jcamins drulms: which version of 3.2?
17:50 sekjal I have a suspicion
17:50 hudsonbot Project Koha_3.2.x build #98: SUCCESS in 23 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]ob/Koha_3.2.x/98/
17:50 hudsonbot * Colin Campbell: Bug 2742 Correct language names in install
17:50 hudsonbot * Chris Nighswonger: Updating Version Number to
17:50 hudsonbot * Fr?d?rick Capovilla: Bug 5616: Corrects an utf-8 encoding problem in cardviews
17:50 hudsonbot * Chris Cormack: Bug 2742 : Fix typo
17:50 hudsonbot * Paul Poulain: Bug 5718 : fix permission of moveitem = edit_items needed
17:50 hudsonbot * Paul Poulain: Bug 5726 : MT1059 Follow-up : Fix merge reference selection presentation
17:50 hudsonbot * Paul Poulain: adding some copyright BibLibre statements
17:50 hudsonbot * Brice Sanchez: Bug 5702 : Adding if statement condition to highlight toggle
17:50 hudsonbot * koha-preprod: Bug 5629 : Adding an HTML anchor in the link in order to choose the right tab when we click on the link
17:50 hudsonbot * koha-preprod: Add markers to text in Javascript variable in order to be translate.
17:50 hudsonbot * Katrin Fischer: Bug 3009 - Change items.content field so it prints due date by default
17:50 hudsonbot * Owen Leonard: Fix for Bug 5716 - Whitespace correction for browse shelf
17:50 sekjal would need to see the koha-conf.xml to confirm
17:52 drulms 3.2.3 of course :)
17:52 sekjal does the <serverinfo> tag after the <server id="publicserver"> also have id="publicserver"?
17:53 sekjal I know when I implemented open Z39.50, it was a massive copy/paste job from the regular biblioserver, and I didn't make that change at first.
17:55 drulms OK, I got it!
17:55 drulms Ah, sekjal answered my question
17:55 sekjal that was it?
17:56 drulms I just copied the entire biblioserver block with the serverinfo block and then renamed the 3 tags to public server
17:56 sekjal huzzah!
17:57 sophie_m left #koha
18:03 hdl left #koha
18:05 drulms I mean publicserver (one word)
18:06 druthb joined #koha
18:08 fcapo hum... I got a problem when fetching records from a Canadian Z39.50 server. Accented characters are returned incorrectly :/
18:08 fcapo For example, I receive é when I should have é
18:08 jcamins fcapo: those look the same to me.
18:08 jcamins e-with-acute
18:09 fcapo yea, but the first one is a non-zebra searchable, decomposed version of the accented character
18:09 jcamins Ah. Right. That.
18:10 jcamins It seems that ICU chains is the best solution to searchable diacritics. Unfortunately I can't give you instructions on setting them up.
18:11 fcapo When we did our first record import, we did a conversion on our records with MarcEdit to get composed accented characters (canonical composition)
18:11 drulms fcapo - thank I cannot help with
18:11 drulms thanks everyone - have a good one(s)
18:12 drulms left #koha
18:13 fcapo I might be able modify Koha so that it does the canonical composition on the Z39.50 search results. But I don't know if it would be a good idea.
18:14 jcamins fcapo: I think the conclusion was that it wouldn't be a good idea.
18:14 jcamins Because Zebra lies about what sort of data it's returning.
18:14 fcapo :(
18:15 sekjal ICU chains would let you search 'e' and get 'é'
18:15 sekjal whether the marc record is normalized for composition or decomposition, that's not dealt with
18:16 fcapo ok... but the non-composed version of the characters look strange in the browser. And copy-pasting these characters and putting them in a search might not work
18:16 sekjal but searching in Zebra is just much nicer with ICU chains
18:17 sekjal fcapo:  yes
18:17 fcapo I don't know how our client's old system did it, but the accented characters were shown correctly while they were stored in non-composed format
18:18 sekjal we'd need to normalize the marc before displaying it... good, but much more difficult than to implement than ICU chains
18:19 tcohen left #koha
18:19 cait joined #koha
18:21 fcapo Right now, we did the normalization with MarcEdit before passing them to bulkmarcimport and it's working fine...
18:21 fcapo The only problem is when a user wants to create a new records from Z39.50 :/
18:22 cait not sure where this discussion started - but sounds very familiar
18:22 jcamins cait: feeling a sense of deja vu?
18:22 jcamins :)
18:22 cait yep
18:23 cait I think I was really getting on peoples nerves with my normalization issues
18:23 jcamins You think _you_ were? It's a miracle Ian still speaks to me with all my whining. ;)
18:23 cait fcapo: we do the same, normalize before import, z3950 is a problem (german umlauts), but our records are always overwritten through nightly imports - so the problem is temporary.
18:23 cait it would be great if the records could be normalized during import
18:24 fcapo One of my coworker might have asked the same questions a while ago too, that's how we got the MarcEdit normalization idea.
18:24 cait it's a common problem I think
18:24 cait if I understood you right and we are talking about unicode normalization forms
18:24 sekjal aside from current Code4Lib presentation: for maintaining CSS with logic
18:25 fcapo yep
18:25 cait the problem we have with umluats is wrong display in the browser
18:26 fcapo Right now we have a problem with new records from Z39.50 searchs being non-searchable because of decomposed accented characters.
18:26 cait and we have still problems with ß and other diacritics - still not sure if the problem is on side of union catalog or koha
18:26 cait fcapo: right
18:26 jcamins Do we have a list of new features that have been developed since Koha 3.2.0 was released?
18:26 fcapo and they also look wrong :P
18:27 cait fcapo: I think there is no solution in koha for that right now - and it's one of the reasons I think solving it for display is not enough
18:27 cait having only one form in the database is preferable
18:27 fcapo cait : yes, that's my goal
18:28 cait jcamins: I think not - I started one with new features, but lost track
18:28 cait jcamins: perhaps nicole? she updated the documentation for some things
18:29 jcamins cait: that's what I thought. Thanks. So much happened that we lost track, too.
18:31 cait i have three items on my list :(
18:32 cait * new text block in opac for no results page
18:32 cait * ppn in acq
18:32 cait ppn = control number
18:33 cait * control-number as parameter in the opac search box
18:33 cait not much
18:34 fcapo I think I'll just try to use Unicode::Normalize on my Z39.50 search results. Don't have much to lose.
18:34 jcamins Ooh, thanks, forgot about the no results page.
18:35 cait jcamins: :)
18:47 francharb left #koha
18:49 rangi Morning
18:50 rhcl hi rangi
18:50 cait hi rangi
18:53 oleonard left #koha
18:56 fcapo Ok, using SetUTF8Flag on the every record returned by the Z39.50 search does fix my problem.
18:56 cait will you send a patch?
18:57 fcapo Dunno, I'm unsure it's a good solution
19:00 cait me neither - but I would like to test it for our records :)
19:00 rangi How about adding an isutf8 test
19:00 rangi Before setting the flag
19:01 fcapo Well, its right after a call to MarcToUTF8Record...
19:01 gmcharlt indeed
19:01 fcapo The record is already UTF8, I just use that subroutine because it does the normalization on every subfield of the record.
19:03 rangi why not do it in the subroutine then?
19:03 rangi Ie if you are getting back an incorrect record from that sub
19:04 rangi Do we have a normalisesubfields syspref?
19:05 fcapo rangi : do it in which subroutine?
19:05 rangi MarcToUTF8Record
19:06 cait rangi: no sysprefs about unicode normalization
19:07 rangi Maybe if we think there might be a reason not to normalise we could do that, but is suspect we always want normalised unicode, but I'm not 100% on that
19:08 * rangi is on the bus before his morning coffee
19:08 rangi So I might be talking rubbish
19:09 cait we always want it - not sure about ohter languages
19:09 cait we do it on the import side from the beginning
19:09 fcapo rango :Well, I'm not 100% sure we always want normalized unicode, that's why I didn't touch the MarcToUTF8Record sub.
19:10 * sekjal just load tested his dev box.... very discouraging
19:10 fcapo ^^^ rangi* sorry
19:10 rangi How about adding a switch then, normalise
19:10 rangi If you pass that in, it normalises
19:11 rangi then if there is a place we don't want it, we don't pass that
19:11 * rangi just doesn't like big .pl files
19:11 rangi All the work should be in .pm
19:15 rangi @wunder wellington nz
19:15 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 13.0�C (8:00 AM NZDT on February 10, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 11.0�C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1020 hPa (Steady).
19:15 rangi Gonna be a nice day
19:19 rangi Bbiab
19:20 cait @wunder Konstanz
19:20 huginn cait: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 1.0�C (8:00 PM CET on February 09, 2011). Conditions: Heavy Fog. Humidity: 95%. Dew Point: 1.0�C. Pressure: 30.27 in 1025 hPa (Rising).
19:23 druthb Off to break, then breakouts!
19:23 druthb left #koha
19:26 Brooke_ joined #koha
19:26 Brooke_ kia ora!
19:26 wizzyrea hi brooke :)
19:26 cait hi Brooke
19:26 sekjal left #koha
19:29 fcapo Is there a place where I could send experimental patches like the Z39.50 modification I just made?
19:30 jcamins koha-patches
19:30 jcamins Just include in the commit message notes on your concerns.
19:33 fcapo Is there any help on how to send patches to koha-patchs? Never used a mailing list before :S
19:33 wizzyrea git?
19:33 wahanui freaking rules
19:33 wizzyrea ^^ wow, that's funny
19:34 wizzyrea[…]Control_Using_Git
19:34 wizzyrea sending patches is[…]Control_Using_Git
19:34 wizzyrea sending patches?
19:34 wahanui sending patches is[…]Control_Using_Git
19:35 jcamins wahanui: well done!
19:35 wahanui jcamins: what?
19:35 fcapo Thank you and sorry for my ignorance.
19:35 jcamins fcapo: you need to be subscribed to the mailing list for your message to go through.
19:45 hdl joined #koha
19:45 * Brooke_ waves to hdl
19:53 jcamins Does Koha work with FastCGI?
20:01 space_librarian joined #koha
20:02 * Brooke_ waves to space_librarian.
20:02 space_librarian morning!
20:03 * space_librarian blinks into her cup of coffee
20:03 ibeardslee empty?
20:03 space_librarian half full going to need a refill already
20:04 * ibeardslee really does need to learn how to do decent coffee from our machines
20:04 Brooke_ or you could get a one cup at a time jobby
20:04 Brooke_ those are saweet
20:05 Brooke_ and they are verbooten in me house with good reason
20:05 ibeardslee because they are only one cup at a time?
20:06 space_librarian one cup? like those nespresso thingymabobs
20:06 Brooke_ no because they fab such a nice cuppa, I'd be wired 24/7
20:07 space_librarian mmmm.... good coffee.
20:08 jcamins rangi: do you know anything about how the Koha packages configure Apache?
20:09 jcamins Apparently Apache on my VM is using way less memory than Apache on our servers.
20:09 jcamins Like, an order of magnitude less.
20:16 eythian jcamins: it's me you probably want to talk to about that
20:17 eythian but they don't really do anything funny
20:17 jcamins eythian: Wonderful!
20:17 jcamins Oh.
20:17 eythian the most funny is that they install the per-user thingamie
20:17 jcamins You didn't disable particularly wasteful thing?
20:17 eythian it's too early for me to remember what it's called
20:17 * eythian checks
20:17 cait eythian = new nick ?
20:18 eythian cait: oh yeah
20:18 eythian new channel, but I was already on this server with this nick
20:18 eythian and can't be arsed making two connections just for nick reasons.
20:18 rangi its a dfferent apache
20:18 rangi thats the main different
20:18 rangi gah
20:18 rangi difference
20:18 wahanui difference is, like, merely that 008 uses defined value lists and 260 $a is merely transcribed from the material
20:19 eythian jcamins: apache2-mpm-itk
20:19 jcamins Uh-oh. Where did my data go?
20:19 rangi yup, so that each virtual host can run as a different user
20:19 eythian famous last words...
20:19 * jcamins bangs his head against the desk.
20:20 jcamins Anyway, thanks. I thought our servers were using that same Apache, but maybe not.
20:20 eythian mpm-* is pretty much the same as the regular mpm, but allows for different system users.
20:21 rangi i doubt you other ones are using itk
20:21 rangi most likely worker
20:21 eythian *mpm-itk I mean
20:21 jcamins We were just talking about seeing if worker was more efficient than itk, but maybe we had it backwards.
20:22 jcamins Data's back. :D
20:22 eythian jcamins: on a modern server, the difference should be negligible.
20:22 jcamins InnoDB couldn't start with only 384MB/RAM.
20:22 eythian oh ah
20:22 rangi you need itk to be safe
20:22 rangi hosting more than one koha
20:23 eythian There's been a request to allow it to not use itk, but I'm not sure how I'd make that work so that it worked properly in both cases.
20:24 rangi oh who requested that?
20:24 jcamins Wait... where's my data?
20:24 wizzyrea left #koha
20:24 * jcamins sighs
20:24 rangi youd probably have to disable the multi functions
20:24 eythian s/Wait/Dude/
20:24 irmaB joined #koha
20:24 rangi make 2 different packages
20:24 wizzyrea joined #koha
20:24 rangi would be the only way i could think of doing it
20:24 eythian rangi: e.s. rosenberg
20:24 rangi koha-multi
20:24 rangi koha-single
20:24 irmaB g'day all
20:24 rangi something like that
20:25 rangi never heard of them
20:25 chrisdothall joined #koha
20:25 eythian rangi: well, it'd be a different template really. The zebra users could stay, but the apache template would blow up on non-itk I think
20:25 Brooke_ g'day Irma :D
20:25 rangi eythian: yeah
20:26 irmaB Brooke hi there :)
20:26 Nate_ joined #koha
20:26 rangi heya Nate_
20:26 rangi hi irmaB
20:26 irmaB is chris_n still online?
20:27 irmaB hi rangi (what was the score last night) Wellington vs Sydney?
20:27 chris_n troubleshooting memory errors in a servers ipmi log, but here for a moment
20:28 slef hi irmaB
20:28 * sijobl wonders if Irma is just rubbing it in
20:28 sijobl we've got a football team for sale, all reasonable offers considered :-)
20:28 irmaB ah thanks chris_n ...about barcode labels: where can I change the batch limit of 20?
20:29 irmaB re football nah ...just curious
20:29 sijobl 2-0 to sydney was what I recall hearing in the radio
20:30 sijobl might have been 2-1
20:30 chris_n irmaB: as in items per batch or total number of batches?
20:30 irmaB no wonder not a peep was heard from my lounge :(
20:30 irmaB items per bath
20:30 chris_n afaik there is none
20:30 irmaB batch
20:31 * chris_n is looking at batches of over 40 items as we  chat
20:31 irmaB 20 keeps on popping up when i create a new batch
20:31 chris_n are you referring to the batch ID?
20:32 * cait waves to chrisdothall
20:32 chris_n more_chrises++
20:33 chris_n never mind the spelling :)
20:33 irmaB no, @ "add new items"
20:34 slef they appear in pages of 20
20:34 chris_n ahh
20:34 slef and yes, it's rather irritating :)
20:34 chris_n that is a limitation of the search code which I did not write, only inherited and have tweaked from time to time
20:35 irmaB Results 1 through 20 of 70
20:35 slef as in, I get complaints and hack it around, but not in any neat enough way for a patch. Not checked if that's still in 3.2
20:35 chris_n but I believe there is a bug open for it
20:35 irmaB and yet when I print only 20 print
20:35 chris_n basically
20:35 chris_n you have to page through the results and add all on each page... I think
20:35 slef irmaB: you're doing "add all" and it only adds those on-screen, right?
20:35 slef chris_n: that's correct, at least in 3.0
20:36 cait and hi Irmab :)
20:36 chris_n the same basic search code is used in 3.2
20:36 irmaB left #koha
20:36 chris_n cait scared her
20:37 irmaB joined #koha
20:37 cait no I didn't
20:37 chris_n wb irmaB
20:37 cait hi IrmaB :)
20:37 cait but can correct the typo now :)
20:37 irmaB hi again
20:37 irmaB hi cait :)
20:37 Brooke_ everyone <3s irmaB
20:38 irmaB slef yes I select all but only 20 print (should be 70)
20:39 slef irmaB: select all = select the visible, sadly
20:39 chris_n irmaB: basically you have to: 'select all,' 'add checked,' next page, 'select all,' 'add checked,' ad infinitum
20:40 slef chris_n: you near finding that bug number or shall I?
20:40 davi joined #koha
20:40 chris_n looking
20:40 * Brooke_ waves to davi before heading to a meeting
20:40 irmaB ok. Got it chris_n thanks. Will give it a try.
20:41 chris_n bug 5656
20:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5656 normal, P5, ---, cnighswonger, NEW, Add Checked only adding first checked item to batch
20:41 davi hi Brooke_
20:41 irmaB waves goodbye to Brooke
20:41 davi hi rangi
20:41 slef chris_n: either that's missummarised or a different bug :(
20:41 Brooke_ left #koha
20:42 slef chris_n: looks like a different bug
20:42 chris_n ?
20:42 slef "when I press the 'Add Checked' button on the top of that page only the first item is being added to the batch"
20:42 rangi hi davi
20:42 irmaB thanks slef and saw your email. Will answer after breakfat :)
20:42 slef irmaB: thanks
20:42 rangi davi: i have hte perfect patch for you to sign off on ;)
20:42 davi great :)
20:42 chris_n slef: is that not the problem irmaB was describing?
20:43 davi let me know rangi
20:43 rangi[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5682
20:43 huginn Bug 5682: minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, POD in C4::Charset was wrong
20:43 slef chris_n: no and not the problem you were describing either :)
20:43 davi thanks rangi. Looking
20:43 rangi[…]gn_off_on_patches
20:43 * chris_n is totally unfocused atm... sorry ;-)
20:44 chris_n a file server with memory issues has me slightly distracted
20:44 slef chris_n: no problem. I'm trying to do two things at once and failing to spot the bug irmaB describes in bugs either.
20:44 slef chris_n: is it making you forgetful? ;-)
20:44 davi ack rangi
20:44 chris_n LOL
20:44 chris_n no, that is probably an age related problem... ;-)
20:45 sekjal joined #koha
20:45 slef Actually, I don't think this bug is reported. :-( I'll see if it's in the RESOLVEDs and so on...
20:46 jwagner left #koha
20:47 slef no, I can't find it at all... I fail :-(
20:57 irmaB slef do you want me to report it?
20:58 irmaB Also, an other attemp to add the library's name above the barcode number failed.
20:59 slef irmaB: yes, please, as long as chris_n doesn't object
21:01 irmaB in Bibliographic data to print, I choose : "items.homebranch items.barcode" in List Fields.
21:02 irmaB in new layout
21:02 slef I don't know about that. I've not played with the new labeller enough.
21:02 slef I used to hack the 3.0 one into submission.
21:02 irmaB chris_n perhaps?
21:03 irmaB yep that one way :)
21:04 davi I am creating my account and bugs.koha-community
21:04 hdl left #koha
21:04 davi rangi, about that patch I would say it is OK. I will review it a little more and then I will sign it
21:04 rangi excellent
21:04 rangi
21:05 rangi there is a link there
21:05 rangi patches needing signoff
21:05 rangi anything in there is fair game :)
21:05 fcapo left #koha
21:05 slef Does anyone know what "Permanent Flag" means to a library? (bbl, sorry)
21:09 space_librarian usually means when something is scanned a note will pop-up, and it can't be edited. like "this item cannot be checked out", etc.
21:10 space_librarian that's how we used it in circ anyway...
21:16 druthb joined #koha
21:17 davi rangi, I have not got the email about account creation yet
21:18 rangi account where?
21:19 davi[…]createaccount.cgi
21:21 rangi email is weird, theres about a million reasons why you may not have got it yet
21:21 davi I created it with email david AT
21:22 davi after trying
21:23 davi Reset password and getting the message:  There is no user named ' david AT leals dot com'. Either you mis-typed the name or that user has not yet registered for a Bugzilla account.
21:23 davi Any hint?
21:25 rangi no idea, seesm to work for everyone else
21:26 davi ok, I am going to try with another email
21:31 davi Now I have just got two email, one for each account creating. I will confirm only one
21:44 reed_ joined #koha
21:51 irmaB left #koha
22:00 magnus_away left #koha
22:02 Ahmuck-Sr joined #koha
22:06 Ahmuck left #koha
22:09 sekjal left #koha
22:22 cait left #koha
22:23 nengard joined #koha
22:23 druthb left #koha
22:24 wizzyrea koha does age calculations on the fly, correct?
22:26 wizzyrea and/or SIP Doesn't send age if asked, right?
22:30 gmcharlt wizzyrea: I think it just sends the birthdate, leaving it up to the SIP consumer to do the calculation
22:30 wizzyrea aha, interesting
22:31 wizzyrea I wonder if envisionware understands that, their code asks for "age"
22:31 wizzyrea apparently
22:32 wizzyrea from what I can grasp given that I can't actually look at it
22:32 reed_ left #koha
22:38 wizzyrea oh that's nice, the sip sends "greetings from koha"
22:38 wizzyrea very cute :)
22:45 slef space_librarian: thanks. I've got both Permanent and Circulate flags though :-/
22:46 space_librarian then it'll be permanant mark-ups like "this books has been stolen/pages are missing/etc"
22:46 space_librarian this book... sp
22:47 slef it's just a flag, Y or N :-/ I think I'll map it to damaged
22:47 slef no, restricted
22:47 slef if that's wrong, we'll rectify later :)
22:58 jcamins Good night, #koha
22:58 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
22:58 * mtj waves from the sunny coast
23:00 space_librarian that sounds suitably logical
23:10 Nate_ left #koha
23:11 rangi its pizza thursday!
23:11 rangi bbl
23:11 space_librarian bbl. Time to embarrass myself...
23:12 davi left #koha
23:12 mtj go get 'em ;)
23:39 Nate_ joined #koha
23:51 Nate_ left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary