IRC log for #koha, 2010-10-13

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 wasabi oops, i take that back
00:04 chris :)
00:04 Johnindy_ joined #koha
00:08 Johnindy left #koha
00:08 slef chris: which gitorious branch is meant to be head?
00:10 chris hmm, i havent pushed for quite a while
00:10 chris lemme look
00:11 chris (not master anyway, i push the translation branch quite a bit for backup purposes)
00:11 chris i think master 2 secs ill go update it
00:14 slef cool, ta
00:24 chris done, master it is
00:24 chris
00:39 slef ok... checking my copy
00:41 slef seems to work - what's the recommended workflow now? branch per bug?
00:41 * slef goes to read the wiki
00:42 chris yeah that works
00:42 chris branch per bug, then either submit a pull request or patches
00:42 chris colin will then pull or apply, and send me a pull request if passes qa ok
00:43 chris and ill pull it into a branch, and then merge it
00:43 chris for now, ill just pull it into a branch
00:43 chris will merge it once rel_3_2 is branched
00:49 slef ok, have created enh_bulkmarcimport because there's actually no bug for that change (I thought there was but I can't find it now)
00:49 slef I'll look up how to submit a pull request now
00:50 chris ah
00:50 chris 2 secs i wrote that up somwehere
00:51 chris
00:51 chris fix the email address of course
00:52 * chris adds another comment to that effect
00:52 slef aha, cool
00:52 chris ok meeting time, bbiab
00:53 slef hrm, that seems to request lots else
00:54 slef or at least include log lines for it
01:05 slef ok, sorting out my confusion
01:37 ebegin Hey, am I the only want scratching his head to understand the logic behind the basket groups?
01:37 ebegin s/want/one
01:38 chris no
01:39 ebegin :)
01:39 ebegin Can we consider this as an 3.2 incompleted feature?
01:39 chris i think we need to ask biblibre how it is meant to work
01:41 slef ebegin should harangue them in their own language until they do :)
01:41 chris :)
01:42 ebegin Mais bien sur! Hehe... I'll send Paul an email about that
01:43 ebegin But I'm glad to see that I'm not crazy (yet)
01:46 slef ebegin: not yet. Are you going to NZ?
01:47 ebegin Unfortunatly I wont :(  I wish I could.
02:01 richard we've elected a new mayor for kohacon -[…]mayor-for-capital
02:04 ebegin Will she be at Kohacon?
02:05 chris heh she works next door
02:05 chris you never know
02:05 chris the conference is literally right next door to the mayors office
02:05 chris we will be definitely meeting the mayor of horowhenua though :)
02:09 ebegin @wunder NZ
02:09 munin ebegin: Error: No such location could be found.
02:09 ebegin @wunder wellington NZ
02:09 munin ebegin: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 15.0�C (3:00 PM NZDT on October 13, 2010). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 67%. Dew Point: 9.0�C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Steady).
02:10 ebegin @wunder montreal canada
02:10 munin ebegin: The current temperature in Montreal, Quebec is 6.0�C (10:00 PM EDT on October 12, 2010). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: 2.0�C. Windchill: 4.0�C. Pressure: 29.96 in 1014 hPa (Rising).
02:24 jcamins Ooh, bug.
02:25 jcamins In the OPAC, if you add an entire page of results to your shelf, then go to the next page and add all those bibs, it tells you that nothing's been added, but it did, in fact, add the bibs.
02:28 jcamins Wait, no.
02:28 jcamins That's not the bug.
02:29 jcamins Hm.
02:29 jcamins I don't know what the bug is.
02:29 jcamins (how's that for an awesome bug report)
02:29 jcamins *?
02:29 chris thats pretty normal
02:30 chris sad but true :)
02:32 jcamins You know what I would like? A mouse-over record preview.
02:32 chris in the staff interface?
02:32 jcamins I was thinking of in the OPAC, but staff interface would work too.
02:33 chris would have to be a pref for the opac, it could annoy people
02:33 jcamins Oh, certainly.
02:33 jcamins And mostly I would keep it turned off.
02:33 chris so being able to turn it on and off
02:33 chris like the highlighting
02:33 chris so a cookie based pref
02:33 chris might be something fun for the hackfest :)
02:34 robin we made something that whenever an error was detected, it dumped the entire DOM including all values for everything. That made tracking down where bugs where coming from a lot easier.
02:34 jcamins But I can definitely see instances when that would be useful.
02:34 jcamins robin: but how do you detect an error?
02:35 robin well, in this case, it was when the exception handler caught an otherwise-untrapped exception.
02:35 robin But if you had a little "report a bug" thing on pages, you could do the same.
02:35 jcamins Ooh, that would be awesome!
02:36 jcamins robin++ # for volunteering to implement a "report a bug" widget which includes a DOM capture
02:36 robin we also had the advantage of access to all the data to test with, which you won't have here.
02:36 robin haha
02:36 robin I'll get back to you on that :)
02:36 jcamins *which _optionally_ includes a DOM capture
02:37 jcamins Why is Zebra suddenly acting wonky for me?
02:37 jcamins No, never mind. I don't want to know.
02:37 jcamins It's quarter to 11 at night, and I just want to finish my work and go to sleep.
02:37 jcamins ;)
02:38 yhager_ left #koha
02:50 yhager_ joined #koha
02:53 Amit joined #koha
02:58 pianohack joined #koha
03:07 yhager_ left #koha
03:08 jcamins is now known as jcamins_a
03:12 yhager_ joined #koha
03:14 ebegin An easy question here...  what does the i in gist for?  Goods I??? Services taxe?
03:16 chris i have no idea
03:16 chris its something the biblibrans made up :)
03:16 chris in nz its GST
03:17 ebegin here to...
03:17 ebegin Hmm... Maybe it for Gi S T :)
03:19 ebegin We actually have 2 taxes here in canada.  GST and PST (Provincial Sales Tax).
03:19 ebegin And the worst is that the GST in computed over the PST.
03:20 chris ouch!
03:21 ebegin So, if you but something for 100$, you have 7.5% of PST.  And the GST applies on the 100$ + 7.50$
03:21 ebegin GST is 5%
03:21 chris gst is 15 here
03:21 chris (as of 1st october)
03:22 ebegin So how effectve taxe rate is acutally 12.875%.
03:22 ebegin how much was is before oct. 1st?
03:23 chris 12.5
03:23 indradg left #koha
03:23 ebegin You should have held KohaCon in September ;)
03:25 chris heh
03:28 ebegin Where those pdfformat::layout3pages comes from... ?
03:29 ebegin forget it.  I got it acqui/pdfformat/
04:11 richard left #koha
04:16 paul_p joined #koha
04:34 kmkale joined #koha
04:42 pianohack left #koha
04:42 darling left #koha
05:09 pianohack joined #koha
05:10 pianohack left #koha
05:12 paul_p left #koha
05:29 davi joined #koha
05:44 CGI875 joined #koha
05:44 CGI875 help how to login in intranet via remote computer?
05:45 CGI875 http://172.xx.x.xx
05:45 CGI875 http://172.xx.x.xx  will yield me opac
05:45 CGI875 but i want to go the intranet
05:45 CGI875 i've been figuring this out for 3 days but still can't
05:52 chris by default it will be on port 8080
05:56 saqib joined #koha
05:57 saqib hi
06:04 CGI875 i tried that chris but still was not able to connect
06:05 chris what version of koha?
06:06 saqib left #koha
06:06 saqib joined #koha
06:07 saqib hi
06:10 saqib left #koha
06:14 CGI875 left #koha
06:15 Amit left #koha
06:16 Amit joined #koha
06:20 thd-away` joined #koha
06:21 laurence joined #koha
06:23 thd-away left #koha
06:35 eric_b joined #koha
06:39 ebegin left #koha
06:42 hdl joined #koha
06:45 kmkale left #koha
06:46 mib_mpio6 joined #koha
06:50 mib_mpio6 left #koha
06:52 stephane1 joined #koha
06:55 bigbrovar joined #koha
07:04 ivanc joined #koha
07:09 francharb joined #koha
07:18 jcamins_a left #koha
07:19 Braedon left #koha
07:19 Braedon joined #koha
07:20 CGI658 joined #koha
07:21 CGI658 hello everybody
07:22 CGI658 in witch site to downlooad koha 3.0.6
07:23 chris
07:23 chris sorry this one
07:24 chris
07:26 CGI658 becouse in it  was with big problems
07:26 CGI658 no images etc...
07:27 chris weird, it works for others
07:28 chris it hasnt changed since may, and its worked fine for lots of people
07:29 CGI658 in witch download source are made the recent changes and fix bugs
07:31 chris that is still the most recent stable release, there is a release candidate for 3.2.0 if you want to try that, otherwise you can clone the git repository
07:31 yhager_ left #koha
07:33 CGI658 version 3.2 is not stable and im afraid because im setting up multi-library
07:34 CGI658 if i install an unstable version can i upgrade to  a stable version when is available without reinstallin
07:36 wasabi yes, choose a dev/git install...
07:40 wasabi CGI658[…]Control_Using_Git
07:43 paul_p joined #koha
07:53 kmkale joined #koha
08:01 cait joined #koha
08:01 cait @wunder Wellington nz
08:01 munin cait: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 12.0�C (9:00 PM NZDT on October 13, 2010). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 10.0�C. Pressure: 30.15 in 1021 hPa (Steady).
08:02 cait @wunder Auckland nz
08:02 munin cait: The current temperature in Auckland, New Zealand is 15.0�C (9:00 PM NZDT on October 13, 2010). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 13.0�C. Pressure: 29.80 in 1009 hPa (Rising).
08:02 chris cait: did you see the live page?
08:02 cait no
08:02 cait had no time to catch up with all mails
08:02 chris
08:08 wasabi oooh, it works
08:09 CGI658 left #koha
08:10 chris heh
08:10 wasabi with js, no flash....
08:11 chris oh cool
08:11 chris there is an rss feed
08:11 chris too
08:14 kmkale hi chris
08:14 chris hi kmkale
08:14 cait bye all :)
08:14 chris whats new?
08:14 chris cya cait
08:14 cait left #koha
08:17 kmkale not much chris. getting projects unrelated to Koha. so feeling a bit utof touch
08:17 kmkale s/utof/outof
08:21 magnus joined #koha
08:23 magnus g'day #koha! D-6!
08:23 chris heya magnus
08:24 magnus hi chris
08:30 Amit left #koha
09:07 kmkale is there a way I can see new sysprefs ( if any ) added in 3.2 rc?
09:08 chris new since when?
09:10 chris[…]a53a1553277cc17d6
09:10 chris if you do a git diff on that file from whatever commit to now, you should see them all
09:15 kmkale cool
09:28 * chris goes to sleep hoping
09:28 chris that no new nastiness overnight
09:28 chris night all
09:37 kmkale left #koha
09:50 kmkale joined #koha
10:07 kmkale @weather Mumbai
10:07 munin kmkale: The current temperature in Mumbai, India is 31.0�C (3:10 PM IST on October 13, 2010). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 62%. Dew Point: 23.0�C. Pressure: 29.77 in 1008 hPa (Steady).
10:07 kmkale @seen owen
10:07 munin kmkale: owen was last seen in #koha 14 hours, 58 minutes, and 28 seconds ago: <owen> It could be an amazing coincidence
10:07 kmkale @later tell owen need help re bug 4440
10:07 munin kmkale: The operation succeeded.
10:28 paul_p left #koha
11:06 paul_p joined #koha
11:13 nengard joined #koha
11:26 hdl left #koha
11:26 stephane2 joined #koha
11:27 stephane1 left #koha
11:31 slef is now known as slaf
11:31 slaf is now known as slef
11:33 jwagner joined #koha
11:34 kmkale left #koha
11:41 CGI273 joined #koha
11:42 CGI273 hi
11:44 hdl joined #koha
11:48 CGI273 left #koha
11:48 kmkale joined #koha
12:07 stephane2 left #koha
12:07 stephane1 joined #koha
12:10 schuster joined #koha
12:29 eric_b is now known as ebegin
12:30 chris_n[…]ease.php?id=13117
12:31 tcohen joined #koha
12:33 laurence left #koha
12:36 Nate joined #koha
12:41 schuster left #koha
12:41 schuster joined #koha
12:47 collum joined #koha
12:51 ebegin paul_p, hdl : Can you give an overview of the Basket groups feature?
12:52 Braedon left #koha
12:53 ebegin or point me toward documentaion about it
12:54 kmkale left #koha
13:05 Braedon joined #koha
13:26 Braedon left #koha
13:30 sekjal joined #koha
13:33 magnus is now known as mag_away
13:34 slef Is there a list of attendees for kohacon?
13:35 jcamins joined #koha
13:37 nengard slef i know chris was talking about publishing that - but i don't think there is
13:38 Braedon joined #koha
13:38 slef nengard: just unidly wondering who will be there. I know now ebegin won't :-(
13:39 nengard yeah a list would be nice - i bet one can be published pretty easily - i can tell you that me and mr. engard will be there
13:39 nengard :)
13:49 gmcharlt @quote random
13:49 munin gmcharlt: Quote #26: "<chris> as an aside C4::Search makes my brain hurt" (added by jdavidb at 05:21 PM, August 22, 2009)
13:50 Braedon left #koha
13:56 slef nengard: I think NZ privacy laws might prevent it. I don't remember being asked for permission.
13:56 slef nengard: most places have stronger privacy laws than the US
14:01 Braedon joined #koha
14:08 paul_p left #koha
14:11 Barrc joined #koha
14:17 jcamins left #koha
14:29 jcamins joined #koha
14:33 fcapo joined #koha
14:36 hudsonbot Starting build 70 for job Koha (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:38 slef I know any questions or objections are raised on-list, but how do patch submitters get positive feedback on patch application?
14:38 fcapo Hello, I have a problem with the script. It never links my biblios to my authorities.
14:38 fcapo If I add authority links with the BiblioAddsAuthorities option and then run, it even deletes the link that were added automatically.
14:39 munin New commit(s) kohagit: (MT #3697) Fixed GetAuthorityRecords <[…]32f9c8566be4fa249> / [MT3696] Fixed ILSDI GetAvailability call <[…]a86d403f47c05408a> / (MT #3698) Fixed ILSDI GetRecords <[…]f91bb13af48951e75
14:39 slef fcapo: ow. Have you checked bugs and email lists for similar symptoms?
14:40 fcapo found some old mailing list entries with no solution, I'll keep searching.
14:40 wizzyrea slef: lately we've been doing the "sign off" thing
14:40 wizzyrea that may not be what you meant
14:44 slef wizzyrea: don't sign-offs go to the list too?
14:44 hudsonbot Project Koha build (70): SUCCESS in 7 min 50 sec:
14:44 hudsonbot * Galen Charlton: (MT #3698) Fixed ILSDI GetRecords
14:44 hudsonbot * Galen Charlton: [MT3696] Fixed ILSDI GetAvailability call
14:44 hudsonbot * Galen Charlton: (MT #3697) Fixed GetAuthorityRecords
14:44 slef Galen is using Mantis too?
14:44 gmcharlt slef: nope, those are cherry-picks from BibLibre
14:45 slef fcapo: if it's not in bugs, it sounds worth reporting.
14:45 slef gmcharlt: so why does hudsonbot think you wrote them?
14:46 gmcharlt slef: it seems to be picking up patch committer, not patch author
14:49 jwagner left #koha
14:50 yhager_ joined #koha
14:51 fcapo Looking into the LinkBibHeadingsToAuthorities subroutine, it seems $heading->authorities() always returns 0 results for me.
14:53 ivanc left #koha
14:54 slef gmcharlt: can you make the change described in please?
14:56 slef option git.authorOrCommitter it seems
15:03 jcamins left #koha
15:06 Johnindy_ left #koha
15:08 Barrc fcapo: Did you do a Marc load of your data or add it manually?
15:09 fcapo Barrc: I imported my data with
15:10 Barrc thought so....had the same problem myself. You won't be able to retrospectivly relink the auths. How many bibs have you got?
15:11 jcamins joined #koha
15:11 paul_p joined #koha
15:11 fcapo only imported 100 for testing purposes, will have a lot more in production
15:13 Barrc You can auto create the Authorities by just going into a bib and simply clicking save. This is provided you have the syspre turned on to allow it, and you have Authorities working in the first case - where did you export the marc records from
15:13 Barrc can you export an Authority file too?
15:15 fcapo I tried using the BiblioAddsAuthorities option and saving. It creates some authorities, but I get duplicates by doing that with books with the same authorities
15:16 nengard chris_n around?
15:18 Barrc Can you search Authorities correctly?
15:18 Barrc Also, what version are you running?
15:18 fcapo Authority searching works correctly in the staff interface.
15:19 fcapo version:
15:20 Barrc I spent a good while trying to get link_bibs_to_authorities to run. Also tried to write my own script to run create new authorities but it turned out way too difficult. I have one small site with 10,000 bibs marc-loaded and we can't link to Auths, nightmare.
15:21 Barrc If you can export an Autority file from your current system you'd be better off
15:21 bigbrovar Hi guys, I am moving our spreadsheet based library to marc21. I am not a librarian and just starting to learn about this whole marc21 thingie.  I am currently stock at 852 code which is for location. from what I read its suppose to be for the holding organisation can I put that as my school?  how is it differentiated from 952$a  (sorry if my question sound too noobish :(  )
15:22 fcapo Well, I have the old authorities imported into my koha using -a, but they don't get linked to my bibs
15:22 jcamins fcapo: sorry for the belated answer... I thought that I was doing something wrong, but I had the same problem with link_bibs...
15:23 jcamins I never solved it.
15:23 Barrc bibbrovar: Have you looked here:[…]hic/bd84188x.html
15:24 Barrc Interesting, I never had any problem linking when I load Authorities. What was the source ILS?
15:24 jcamins Barrc: creating authorities from scratch.
15:24 Barrc Sorry jcamnis my post was directed at fcapo
15:25 Barrc I should have said!
15:25 jcamins Okay.
15:25 fcapo jcamins: ok, at least I know I'm not the only one having this problem :P
15:27 fcapo It's a custom ILS I guess, I only received the MARC files to migrate to koha
15:28 Barrc OK, I was just curious to see if I have come across a similar one.
15:29 Johnindy joined #koha
15:30 fcapo Barrc: How did you import you authorities so they got linked correctly?
15:30 rhcl left #koha
15:32 indradg joined #koha
15:37 Barrc fcapo: I am just testing something out at my end regaring this. I usually use for the auth file
15:45 indradg left #koha
15:46 slef bigbrovar: 852 is described in the LOC MARC stuff. 952 is Koha's internal codes, more or less.
15:48 brendan_l left #koha
15:51 Johnindy left #koha
15:54 Johnindy joined #koha
15:55 yhager_ left #koha
15:56 mag_away yay! http://www.librarytechnology.o[…]
15:58 Oak joined #koha
15:58 Oak left #koha
15:58 Oak joined #koha
15:58 Oak \o
16:01 chris_n nengard: here
16:01 nengard hi chris_n
16:01 nengard wondering about spine labels and call number splitting
16:02 nengard is there a setting to make it so that it doesn't split on the letter? I have a library that wasnt J300 to stay J300 on the spine label - but it's coming out as J on one line and 300 on the next
16:03 chris_n there's a splitting algorithm for ddcn and lccn and "other"
16:03 chris_n if it is a ddcn or lccn and is not splitting correctly there is a bug for it
16:03 * chris_n looks
16:04 chris_n if it is an "other" but should have its own splitting algorithm, we need a bug for it
16:04 chris_n bug 2500
16:04 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2500 enhancement, P3, ---, cnighswonger, ASSIGNED, Standing enhancement request for adding/updating call number splitting algorithms in C4/
16:04 chris_n if it is a local preference of how a number should be split, I'm not sure what to say
16:05 * chris_n had thought of a syspref allowing custom splitting algorithms
16:05 chris_n but they are regexps which are not for the faint of heart
16:06 yhager_ joined #koha
16:10 ronald joined #koha
16:11 nengard chris_n that's what I thought - that this was not something that needed to be fixed
16:11 nengard that it was the right way to split and they had a preference of their own
16:19 * chris_n would like feedback on such a syspref mentioned above, however
16:21 gmcharlt chris_n: maybe a plugin system tied to classifiction source?
16:21 chris_n nice announcement by and bywater
16:21 chris_n gmcharlt: good idea
16:21 chris_n I suppose some libraries might have multiple classification systems in use?
16:22 gmcharlt yes
16:22 gmcharlt generally a combination of Dewey or LC and SuDoc (in the States)
16:22 gmcharlt but some libraries are still in the middle of a Dewey to LC reclass
16:23 chris_n I hadn't thought about that... such a system would make transitions much easier as well
16:26 ronald goog morning.... ican enter default date in the worksheets marc?
16:28 ronald fields 001, 003, 005, 008?
16:30 ronald any can help me?
16:31 ronald i can enter default dates in the worksheets marc, fields 001, 003, 005,008?
16:31 nengard chris_n - it's all about collaboration and working together :)
16:32 nengard as for the preference ... i'd like to see a complete templating engine - like the one in WP - for Koha - for all screens, letters, messages, and lables
16:32 nengard labels
16:32 Oak WP?
16:32 ronald i can enter default dates in the worksheets marc, fields 001, 003, 005,008?
16:33 Oak ronald, can you?
16:33 nengard WordPress
16:33 Oak aah
16:33 * chris_n adds the beginning of an RFC and opens a enh req
16:34 fcapo What does the "ext" mean in a ccl search query? ex: 'Heading,ext=Search Terms' . Can't seem to find any references about ccl search queries...
16:34 chris_n extent, maybe?
16:34 ronald how i can enter default dates in the worksheets marc, field 001. 003. 005, 008?
16:37 wizzyrea oo, that is a nice announcement from bywater nand
16:37 wizzyrea bywater++
16:38 ronald how i can enter default dates in the worksheets marc, field 001. 003. 005, 008?
16:44 ronald left #koha
16:44 stephane1 left #koha
16:53 yhager_ left #koha
16:59 Oak I am installing Koha on Slackware 13.1. What does this step mean sudo ln -s /etc/koha/koha-httpd.conf /etc/apache2/sites-available/koha when on Slackware there is not /etcapache2 folder. There is an /etc/httpd folder but no 'sites-available ' sub-folder in it.
17:00 yhager_ joined #koha
17:01 jcamins Oak: I think that's Debian specific.
17:01 jcamins Is there a conf.d folder?
17:01 Oak in /etc/httpd ? nope.
17:01 jcamins Hm.
17:02 Oak there is /etc/httpd/extra
17:02 Oak with lots of .conf files in it
17:02 Oak 11 .conf files actually
17:02 jcamins[…]yout#Slackware_12.0.2B-_.28Apache_httpd_2.2.29:
17:03 Oak ooh thanks
17:04 jcamins Lots of people compiling Apache from scratch on Slackware.
17:13 ronald joined #koha
17:16 chris slef is right, nz privacy laws prevent us publishing a list since we didnt ask permission
17:16 sekjal is now known as sekjal_a
17:17 chris in fact we said
17:17 chris " By completing this form and registering for KohaCon10, you consent to the organisors of KohaCon10 contacting you via email to keep you up to date with any change in details about the conference and to confirm your attendance. We will never, ever, pass on your details to anyone else. Your information will be used to manage your registration at this conference only. "
17:18 chris under nz privacy law, information can only be used for the purpose for which it was obtained
17:18 chris without a court order of course :)
17:21 yhager_ left #koha
17:22 nengard oh well
17:23 cait joined #koha
17:24 cait hi #kopha
17:24 cait koha
17:25 chris hi cait
17:25 cait hi chris :)
17:25 chris nengard and others with android phones, did you see the wellington bus app thingy?
17:25 cait bought new suitcase and backpack - ready for packing now )
17:25 nengard chris - no i didn't
17:25 chris cait: excellent :)
17:26 cait no trying to reprogram my father's internet radio
17:26 cait hmpf!
17:26 chris ahh coveritlive will have caught it
17:26 chris
17:26 yhager_ joined #koha
17:28 chris thought it might be useful
17:32 chris_n nengard: do you know if there is a document anywhere describing the role of Documentation Manager?
17:32 * chris_n is moving pages from the old wiki :)
17:35 fcapo Anybody know the difference between the Heading and the Match-heading bib-1 attributes?
17:36 chris_n I think this is pretty well up to date now:
17:36 chris_n feel free to move/add as needed
17:37 nengard chris_n -- not that i know of - i pretty much just said - hey we need a manual, let me write that
17:37 nengard and got the role :)
17:38 chris_n nengard: sometime if you have time (HA!) maybe you can write up something for future generations of document managers :)
17:38 nengard chris said the job was mine til i dropped dead ....
17:39 nengard so i think i have a while before i have to write that :) hehe
17:39 nengard but yeah, makes sense
17:40 chris_n then may nengard live forever ;-)
17:42 chris well yeah, i dont see too many people volunteering :)
17:42 chris like mason said
17:42 francharb left #koha
17:43 cait nengard++ for being doc manager :)
17:44 cait one day I will perhaps have time (HA!) to translate the manual...
17:44 chris_n cait++ # for the hope of a german manual
17:44 cait oh, this is not earned yet
17:45 chris_n consider it encouragement and anticipation :)
17:45 cait but my coworker wrote some training materials for serials and acq that we want to put on our wiki
17:47 chris ok i hear little feet running round, time to get up
17:47 chris bbl
17:48 chris_n look out!
17:51 Oak damn it, looks like koha was made for Debian only
17:51 fcapo I think I solved my problem with ... had to modify C4/ , dunno if it's the best solution, but my bibs are linked to my authorities now
17:52 fcapo Changed the 'Match-heading' to 'Heading' in the query, and commented all the 'ifs' in
17:53 fcapo _query_limiters
17:53 jcamins Oak: it will work under other OSes, it's just difficult.
17:53 chris_n Oak: Koha has been installed on debian, fedora, opensuse, ubuntu, and others no doubt
17:53 gmcharlt fcapo: what MARC flavor are you using?
17:53 chris_n Oak: see[…]p=koha.git;a=tree
17:53 chris_n Oak: I have it running on XP as well fwiw
17:54 fcapo gmcharlt: MARC21
17:55 fcapo also, there were some FIXME comments in the _query_limiters lines I commented: # FIXME -- is this properly in C4::Heading::MARC21?
17:55 Oak I'm just tired, will try again tomorrow ...
17:56 Oak thanks jcamins, chris_n
17:56 jcamins Oak: where does the installation get bogged down?
17:56 * chris_n remembers the frustration of his first Koah install
17:56 chris_n Koha, even
17:56 * jcamins too.
17:56 Oak I keep getting Forbidden on 127
17:56 Oak
17:56 yhager_ left #koha
17:56 Oak I must be not configuring Virtual Hosts properly
17:56 chris_n sounds like permissions problems
17:57 jcamins My guess is you need to change the permissions.
17:57 jcamins chgrp -R www *
17:57 jcamins (or whatever the proper group is)
17:57 Oak hmm
17:57 Oak ok
18:01 gmcharlt fcapo: did you choose DOM or GRS-1 mode for indexing the authorities when you installed?
18:02 fcapo That I don't know, it wasn't me who installed it
18:03 yhager_ joined #koha
18:04 gmcharlt by the way, to answer your other question - Match-heading is a specially constructed index type for looking up headings and matching on subdivisions correctly
18:04 hdl left #koha
18:05 fcapo good to know
18:08 fcapo Still, Match-heading always returns 0 results for me
18:10 gmcharlt fcapo: what does the <config> element in <server id="authorityserver" ...> in your koha-conf.xml say?
18:12 cait jcamins: I see that analytical records came up on the mailing list again - do you think my solution is sufficient for these things?
18:12 fcapo <config>/home/koha/.../etc/zebrad​b/zebra-authorities.cfg</config>
18:13 gmcharlt k, that means that GRS-1 was chosen during install when DOM should have been
18:14 gmcharlt changing the reference from zebra-authorities.cfg to zebra-authorities-dom.cfg
18:14 Oak good night
18:14 Oak left #koha
18:14 gmcharlt and retrieval-info-auth-grs1.xml to retrieval-info-auth-dom.xml
18:14 gmcharlt restarting Zebra
18:14 fcapo reverting my changes and trying with DOM
18:15 gmcharlt and running -a -r shoudl fix it
18:16 reva joined #koha
18:16 jcamins cait: yes, I think so.
18:17 yhager_ left #koha
18:17 cait jcamins: ok - perhaps time to comment on the wiki.
18:17 cait I wanted to upload my test records too, did yo have time to look at them? I think 2 authorities crept in.
18:18 jcamins cait: I haven't had a lot of time yet.
18:18 reva hi all, I am having a record with a series statement in 490 ($a, $v) and series added 830($a, $v). The 490 is showing fine in staff Normal view. But neither the 490 nor the 830 or showing int the OPAC Normal view. Any ideas why?
18:18 jcamins I do plan to spend more time on it, though.
18:18 cait jcamins: no problem, you already took a lot of time looking at it
18:19 cait jcamins++
18:19 reva that was supposed to be "neither the 490 nor the 830 are"
18:19 jcamins It might need a little more tweaking with the way it handles LDR/07=c and LDR/07=d, but the concepts will cover everything, I think.
18:21 jcamins (because records with LDR/07=c might need to be treated specially, almost like a set)
18:22 fcapo gmcharlt: hum... now I can't find any authorities
18:23 yhager_ joined #koha
18:23 gmcharlt anything in the zebrasrv logs?
18:23 fcapo gmcharlt: where are they normally?
18:24 gmcharlt ps -ef | grep zebrasrv will likely tell you where they are you on your system
18:24 cait jcamins: what is 07 c?
18:24 cait oh, will look it up
18:27 saorge left #koha
18:27 saorge joined #koha
18:27 yhager_ left #koha
18:28 fcapo gmcharlt: There doesn't seem to be any recent error
18:28 gmcharlt and no error messages when you ran rebuild_zebra?
18:28 fcapo nope
18:29 jcamins cait: collection.
18:29 jcamins cait: and LDR/07=d is subunit.
18:30 cait jcamins: thank you! I am not sure whe have these in our data, but I can ask my coworker when I am back
18:30 cait jcamins: we have a project with manuscripts and koha planned too
18:31 cait jcamins: perhaps it will be used in this context?
18:31 jcamins Yup.
18:32 jcamins At least, that's the context when it would be used, if it were.
18:32 jcamins I think.
18:32 jcamins I'm a bibliographer, not an archivist. ;)
18:33 reva Anyone has an answer for why neither my series statement (490) nor my series added entry (83) are showing on OPAC Normal view?
18:34 cait jcamins: you are great - not important if you are a bibliographer or archivist ;)
18:34 jcamins :)
18:35 jcamins I do my best.
18:39 fcapo gmcharlt: ok, zebrasrv wasn't started, now search works, testing
18:39 * jcamins waits with bated breath to hear what fcapo has to say.
18:41 schuster left #koha
18:41 fcapo 83 bibs modified... let's see...
18:42 fcapo every authority still has 0 biblios :/ looks like it unlinked them
18:44 jcamins fcapo: that's disappointing. Could it be that you need to wait another few minutes for the Zebra indexer to catch up?
18:45 yhager_ joined #koha
18:48 fcapo well, the search does return some results now, maybe it worked...
18:49 chris_n fcapo: you could re-run with the -r option to drop and rebuild the indexes completely
18:50 fcapo chris_n: I'll try that. does link some authorities, just a small amount.
18:51 * chris_n imagines you should completely rebuild the indexes after running that script
18:52 fcapo wait... it works!
18:52 chris Back
18:53 jcamins \o/
18:53 chris_n w00t!
18:54 jcamins Wow. Is that message correct, or is the version a typo?
18:54 fcapo So, the solution really was to use DOM instead of GSR-1. Thank you gmcharlt and everyone that helped :D
18:55 * jcamins will have to ask ByWater what we're using, now that it turns out works when you have DOM enabled.
18:56 jcamins *turns out that works
18:57 fcapo well, it now works for me without any modification
18:58 chris Oh poor ahmed
18:58 chris He's in for a treat
18:59 chris He'll need to do 3 upgrades
18:59 chris_n can you spell "antique"?
19:01 jcamins o-n-e-p-o-i-n-t-a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g?
19:03 chris I have a soft spot for 1.2.3
19:03 chris And anyone who has been using koha since then, is cool with me
19:03 jcamins I'm sure it was a great version, but upgrading from that sounds painful.
19:03 chris Yep
19:04 nengard left #koha
19:04 sekjal_a we just need a version-inversion script:  1.2.3 to 3.2.1
19:04 sekjal_a is now known as sekjal
19:04 chris Heh
19:04 chris The hard bit is 2.2 to 3.0 actually
19:05 chris 1.2 to 2.0 and then to 2.2 is not so bad
19:05 chris But 2.2 to 3.0 had some major changes in db
19:06 chris Ill try to write an email when I get to work, and then wiki it
19:06 chris_n maybe we can have $my_koha->upgrade
19:07 chris jcamins: 1.2.3 was the last one with a working simple catalogue interface
19:07 tcohen left #koha
19:08 jcamins I guess that'll be quite an adjustment, switching to the MARC21 interface.
19:08 jcamins I don't think my simple cataloging interface is going to be done in the next few weeks.
19:08 jcamins Is there any way to force subfield 9s to be editable?
19:09 * chris_n seems to recall it has to do with authorities
19:09 jcamins Yep.
19:09 jcamins It provides the link.
19:09 chris_n I think you have to change the mapping... or some such
19:09 jcamins I'm looking at our duplicate authority records.
19:09 chris_n its been awhile
19:10 * chris_n is only a cataloger in a hackish sort of sense
19:12 chris :)
19:12 jcamins Wait...
19:12 jcamins Achaemenid dynasty, 559-330 B.C. is not a personal name.
19:13 jcamins That's not even a family name.
19:13 chris_n to say the least
19:13 jcamins jQuery?
19:14 jcamins Never mind.
19:14 chris_n are you just wanting to change it in one record?
19:14 chris_n you could use firebug to unlock the field
19:15 jcamins No, just trying to figure out the most efficient way to de-dup authority records.
19:15 jovax left #koha
19:15 jcamins I've decided that's not the most efficient way, though.
19:17 chris Hmm I there's an open bug for that I think?
19:17 richard joined #koha
19:17 richard hi
19:18 jcamins Oh, here's fcapo's problem. Bug 3072.
19:18 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3072 major, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, 'Heading-Main' authority-index breaks authority searching in STABLE
19:19 jcamins And bug 5271 is for an in-Koha authority merge.
19:19 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5271 enhancement, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Should be able to merge authority records from w/in Koha
19:20 jcamins Oh, I should check out bug 4309, see if it still works.
19:20 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4309 enhancement, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW, Authorities : Multiple values search leads to Error 500
19:20 jcamins And figure out how to fix bug 3343.
19:20 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3343 minor, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW, duplicate subfields in authority
19:21 * jcamins looks at his to-do list and weeps
19:22 chris_n wow, if bug 3072 is verifiable in HEAD/3.2, it should be updated to reflect that and fixed in the RC imho
19:23 chris My stop bbiab
19:23 reva jcamins, The personal names would be Darius and Xerxes, correct? Now, can someone tell me how I would turn the 830 field to show in OPAC Normal view?:)
19:24 jcamins chris_n: apparently it only affects Zebra with GRS-1.
19:24 jcamins Errr, that was a question.
19:25 Nate left #koha
19:25 chris_n it should still be updated to reflect the current HEAD and probably that information added as well
19:25 jcamins I don't have any spare servers I can use GRS on, so I will have to recuse myself from being the tester.
19:25 jcamins It might be a different problem that fcapo ran into, although it looks pretty similar.
19:27 Nate joined #koha
19:27 fcapo my problem was about a Match-heading I changed into Heading, not Heading-main
19:27 jcamins Oh, my mistake.
19:27 jcamins Sorry, false alarm.
19:28 jcamins Both "main" and "match" start with "ma-."
19:28 jcamins ;)
19:28 fcapo :D
19:30 chris_n jcamins must have his "fuzzy" search filter on ;-)
19:31 jcamins chris_n: of course. I'm looking through our authorities for duplicates, after all. ;)
19:31 chris_n lol
19:33 indradg joined #koha
19:33 jcamins I have the feeling I did this already.
19:33 chris back
19:33 jcamins There are way fewer duplicates than anticipated.
19:40 fcapo left #koha
19:42 reva Bug: in 830 series added entry, authority is storing the $v subfield; (and it stores it with an auto-generated label " v".) This should not be as one would want only the Series added title (an uniform title for the series series), not the part label and number when creating new records for other parts in the series.
19:43 chris_n reva: please file a bug @
19:44 reva sure; now can you chris_n tell me how I can make 830 display in my OPAC Normal view?
19:44 chris_n reva: sorry
19:45 chris_n not off the top of my head
19:45 reva ok; if you can find out sometime I will check back. Thanks.
19:46 chris_n reva: you can check the manual
19:46 chris_n that will be the quicker than waiting on me :-)
19:48 reva I will, chris_n.:)
19:51 jcamins Meeting time.
19:51 jcamins is now known as jcamins_a
19:54 cait left #koha
19:56 cait joined #koha
20:11 collum left #koha
20:13 indradg left #koha
20:18 darling joined #koha
20:20 reva left #koha
20:32 chris oh wow!
20:32 chris new katipo website
20:32 richard a bit prettier
20:32 chris i likes it
20:32 chris
20:43 ronald left #koha
20:44 darling nice
20:48 mag_away left #koha
20:50 Braedon left #koha
20:50 Braedon joined #koha
21:00 cait left #koha
21:31 yhager_ left #koha
21:40 Nate left #koha
21:42 Nate joined #koha
21:46 jim joined #koha
21:46 jim_ joined #koha
21:47 jim__ joined #koha
21:47 jim__ Hello all
21:48 sekjal left #koha
21:48 chris hi jim__
21:48 jim__ I'm working on installing, using the instructions at[…]0_on_Debian_Lenny
21:49 chris for production use or evaluation?
21:49 jim__ I'm at step 2.3 and when I try to issue the misc/ command I get this:
21:49 jim__ Can't locate object method "new" via package "XML::libXML::SAX::Parser" at /usr/share/perl5/XML/SAX/ line 43.
21:49 wizzyrea left #koha
21:49 jim__ Any ideas?
21:50 jim__ everything has gone swimmingly thus far
21:50 chris hmm sounds like that module isnt installed correctly
21:50 chris[…]on_Debian_Squeeze  <-- there are debian packages for squeeze
21:51 jim__ so the deb squeeze package will work on deb lenny?
21:51 jim__ and, I'm using koha 3.00.06
21:52 chris right, for production? or is it going to go live in a little while
21:52 jim__ it's a tester right now
21:53 chris because 3.2 has a release candidate out, and final release is pretty close
21:53 robin the squeeze packages won't work on lenny without some extra work
21:53 chris so it might be worth going straight to 3.2
21:53 jim__ I may do that
21:53 chris even if you dont use the packages
21:53 chris the INSTALL.debian file
21:53 robin also, squeeze has a release candidate, and final release is pretty soon :)
21:53 chris in the git repo, has good instructions
21:54 jim__ guess I'll wait on this a bit.
21:54 chris[…];f=INSTALL.debian
21:54 chris if you use the packages you can just apt-get upgrade when the final release hits ;)
21:55 robin for a testing setup, I'd strongly encourage doing squeeze+packages, as they'll both be stable and supported for a long while pretty soon.
21:55 yhager_ joined #koha
21:55 jim__ thanks chris & robin
21:56 chris no problem
21:57 jim__ left #koha
21:57 jim_ left #koha
21:57 jim left #koha
22:04 chris_n1 joined #koha
22:06 chris_n1 <<<< very cool story
22:06 chris it sure is
22:07 LBA joined #koha
22:08 yhager_ left #koha
22:09 chris hi LBA
22:09 LBA Hi Chris, and all!
22:13 chris whats new?
22:17 chris_n1 left #koha
22:18 LBA just over here working on my little part in subverting the dominant paradigm
22:19 chris :)
22:33 davi left #koha
22:46 Nate left #koha
23:16 yhager_ joined #koha
23:25 LBA left #koha
23:59 yhager_ left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary