IRC log for #koha, 2018-02-07

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:22 ebegin joined #koha
00:25 talljoy joined #koha
00:27 kellym joined #koha
01:15 kellym joined #koha
02:39 Kafilini joined #koha
03:50 khall_away joined #koha
04:22 Kafilini joined #koha
04:23 enick_367 joined #koha
05:35 tuxayo_afk joined #koha
06:28 cait joined #koha
06:51 magnuse joined #koha
07:24 reiveune joined #koha
07:24 reiveune hello
07:29 fridolin joined #koha
07:42 sophie_m joined #koha
07:46 ashimema joined #koha
07:47 fridolin joined #koha
07:48 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:51 laurence joined #koha
07:52 alex_a joined #koha
07:53 alex_a bonjour
07:53 wahanui que tal, alex_a
08:06 greenjimll joined #koha
08:30 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:33 passerBy joined #koha
08:33 passerBy hola
08:34 passerBy any spanish speakers her
08:34 passerBy ?
08:36 cait joined #koha
08:36 cait good morning #koha
08:39 passerBy hola
08:39 passerBy no spanish speakers here? i read it on reddit
08:39 josef_moravec hi cait
08:42 passerBy vale, adios
08:42 passerBy left #koha
08:54 cait hi josef_moravec :)
08:55 ashimema joined #koha
08:55 cait good morning ashimema :)
09:01 eythian hi
09:02 josef_moravec hi eythian
09:06 LibraryClaire joined #koha
09:15 cait joined #koha
09:22 ashimema_ joined #koha
09:24 ashimema_ Morning #koha
09:27 josef_moravec hi ashimema_
09:29 LibraryClaire hi #koha
10:03 eythian say "hi, $_" foreach qw( ashimema_ josef_moravec LibraryClaire cait );
10:04 josef_moravec eythian: ;)
10:06 LibraryClaire o/
10:08 cait hi eythian :)
10:16 cait joined #koha
10:27 magnuse joined #koha
11:16 cait joined #koha
11:19 paxed Joubu: re. docs/history.txt, i think developer is spelled like that, not developper?
11:36 cait paxed: thx for the translation bugfixes
11:39 paxed cait: relearning koha, so starting with tiny fixes
11:39 magnuse paxed++
11:42 sonOfRa joined #koha
12:07 kellym joined #koha
12:09 tcohen joined #koha
12:13 oleonard joined #koha
12:16 oleonard Hi all
12:17 cait joined #koha
12:31 jzairo joined #koha
12:44 nengard joined #koha
12:45 laurence left #koha
12:46 meliss joined #koha
12:50 * cait waves
12:51 oleonard Hi cait
12:51 LibraryClaire hi oleonard
12:51 wahanui hi dear loon
12:51 oleonard Hi LibraryClaire
13:03 tcohen joined #koha
13:14 jzairo joined #koha
13:31 Margaret joined #koha
13:40 oleonard What if we take out some columns in the table of saved reports and put the info in a modal?
13:40 oleonard[…]?p=15180107152426
13:42 LibraryClaire I like the modal - would leave notes column in the table though?
13:43 oleonard yeah I think we'd have to have a international election on which columns to keep. The vote would be: all of them :|
13:44 sonOfRa joined #koha
13:44 LibraryClaire XD
13:44 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
13:44 eythian make it configurable
13:45 LibraryClaire syspref or option to show/hide columns
13:45 eythian the latter, i think. It'd probably best be a per user thing.
13:45 oleonard I'll bet it could be made to work dynamically with the show/hide columns thing
13:45 * eythian distracts from his own tricky programming challenges right now.
13:46 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:46 LibraryClaire I prefer show/hide columns
13:46 LibraryClaire and I like the idea of hiding info I don't need
14:01 andrewfh joined #koha
14:01 ebegin joined #koha
14:11 kmlussier joined #koha
14:19 cait joined #koha
14:22 JoshB joined #koha
14:29 Joubu paxed: thanks, I will fix the typo
14:29 cait oleonard: what is type?
14:29 wahanui type is, like, used for some things, like how to convert it when saving, and things like that
14:30 oleonard I'm not sure cait. Saved guided report vs. saved SQL report?
14:32 cait is there a difference visible once they are saved?
14:32 cait we don't use guided reports, so possibly i never noticed
14:38 oleonard I've got type 1 and type (empty). The schema shows the comment "always 1 for tabular"
14:39 cait ah
14:40 cait i think that might date back to the time where we offered more types - but only tabular was ever implemented
14:40 cait probably i woud not display it
14:40 talljoy joined #koha
14:44 Mfuerst joined #koha
14:55 oleonard I think I'll start a Koha Academy that forcibly conscripts participants.
14:56 Joubu yes please, every two days
14:59 Mfuerst Hey BW folks - is the server for having issues again? Getting a 403.
15:03 misilot joined #koha
15:04 LibraryClaire left #koha
15:05 NateC joined #koha
15:20 cait joined #koha
15:43 Infra_3600 joined #koha
15:59 TGoat joined #koha
16:01 oleonard joined #koha
16:09 reiveune bye
16:09 reiveune left #koha
16:12 tuxayo_afk Hi, is there someone from ByWater?
16:13 oleonard bag, barton, khall?
16:18 oleonard I guess not tuxayo_afk
16:21 jbeno joined #koha
16:22 barton I'm here!
16:22 barton ... mostly.
16:31 bag @later tell Mfuerst is this the site you are looking for?
16:31 huginn` bag: The operation succeeded.
16:32 edveal joined #koha
16:39 cait josef_moravec++ and alex_a++
16:40 rocio joined #koha
16:46 JesseM_ joined #koha
16:49 cait left #koha
16:54 tuxayo thanks oleonard :)
16:56 tuxayo barton: hi, about your sandboxes, when testing a Bug that doesn't compile. It also breaks the config page of the sandbox. Which makes it unusable http://staff.sandbox2.sandbox.[…]n/koha/
16:56 fridolin left #koha
16:59 barton tuxayo: I'll have khall take a peek. I think that larryb, is also looking at some apache issues on that box.
17:14 Joubu @later tell marcelr Hi Marcel, can you take a look at bug 19530#c10?
17:14 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
17:14 tuxayo barton: thanks :)
17:28 tuxayo Is there a guideline somewhere for syspref and variable names? Did I miss a place where to search? https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Coding_Guidelines https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ystem_Preferences
17:30 Joubu camelCase, complete words, readable, meaningful
17:33 saa joined #koha
17:34 saa how to upgrade koha 16.11 with new version of koha and with mariadb can one straight upgrade it without disturbing or it is necessary to backup database and then import
17:34 tuxayo Joubu: for the syspref, should it be upper camel case ? (initial upper case letter) Other than that, same a variables?
17:34 tuxayo *as
17:36 Joubu yep CamelCase, sorry :)
17:48 cait joined #koha
17:51 tuxayo Joubu:  In https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ystem_Preferences#.pref_files
17:51 tuxayo does «A name, which has the same syntax as a variable » refers to the naming conventions?
17:55 Joubu I do not know what it means
17:57 tuxayo Joubu: nor do I. The use of "syntax" is distrubing
18:01 notarock joined #koha
18:02 JoshB left #koha
18:16 tuxayo see you tomorrow!
18:36 cait tuxayo_afk: i tihnk variable here just refers to the database column - the pref: name should match what is in the db - also the same spelling/capitalization
18:41 Joubu cait: should be "the same name of the variable" then?
18:48 cait possibly
18:49 cait that's what I think it means - but it's not very exactly written
18:51 cait general irc meeting in an hour?
18:53 tcohen next meeting?
18:53 wahanui i think next meeting is https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings
18:53 tcohen damn
18:55 * oleonard has already registered his apologies
18:55 * tcohen just cursed
19:04 cait not sure, was there a reminder?
19:04 oleonard I don't think so. It was on my calendar.
19:04 oleonard Joubu++ # useful calendar
19:04 cait :)
19:07 cait should we try and send a late reminder?
19:07 cait oleonard: maybe still take a look at my button proble? *looks at you hopefully*
19:08 cait @seen kidclamp
19:08 huginn` cait: kidclamp was last seen in #koha 5 days, 1 hour, 43 minutes, and 16 seconds ago: <kidclamp> drive by ping!
19:08 oleonard cait: I did, but I didn't come up with any brilliant ideas.
19:09 oleonard Do we really need to have all that information in the button?
19:09 cait in my opinon 'file' would do
19:09 cait if all the  exports work the same, it seems like repeated information
19:11 cait i think the problem was that CSV (comma...) doesn't fit for non-comma separated
19:14 cait reminder sent
19:14 kathryn joined #koha
19:14 cait good morning kathryn :)
19:15 kathryn hi cait, I hope you enjoyed india :)
19:15 cait it was great, thank you :)
19:15 cait kathryn: did our christmas card arrive?
19:16 oleonard cait: The issue is that "CSV" might be misleading because it could use some other delimiter?
19:16 cait yes
19:17 kathryn cait:  this will sound terrible but I don't *think* it did
19:17 cait as far as I understood
19:17 cait kathryn: :( we sent it right before christmas, same address as always
19:17 cait wonder what happened
19:19 oleonard cait: In my opinion "CSV" is commonly understood to refer to a file which may be delimited by commas or something else
19:19 kathryn cai: hmmn, if it shows up I will apologise profusely! Thanks for sending it :D When looking for it just now, I found a collections of cards from you
19:20 cait oleonard: cool
19:20 cait could you note that?
19:20 cait we then could decide to just push the first patch
19:20 cait and leave the buttons as is
19:20 oleonard On the bug?
19:20 cait kathryn: don't worry, we will keep sending them every year - even if it doesn't show pu
19:21 cait i will check if we have a digital version tomorrow
19:24 josef_moravec1 joined #koha
19:25 cait oleonard: yes plz!
19:25 cait wb josef_moravec :)
19:27 oleonard Bye all
19:29 kathryn hi and bye oleanard :)
19:29 kathryn too late, wrong spelling!
19:29 cait he always does that quick leaving thing - I have given up :)
19:38 blou joined #koha
19:40 clintD joined #koha
19:47 m23_KohaCZ_ joined #koha
19:52 lisettelatah joined #koha
19:54 thd joined #koha
20:01 mkuhn joined #koha
20:01 mkuhn Hi Koha
20:01 cait hi all
20:01 cait get ready :)
20:02 cait #startmeeting General IRC meeting 7 February 2018
20:02 huginn` Meeting started Wed Feb  7 20:02:40 2018 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
20:02 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:02 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 February 2018)
20:02 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_7_february_2018'
20:02 cait #topic Introductions
20:02 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 February 2018)
20:02 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
20:02 cait Please introduce yourself following wahanui's example
20:03 mkuhn #info Michael Kuhn, Switzerland
20:03 clintD #info clint deckard, Anact, NZ
20:03 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_7_February_2018 Today's agenda
20:03 phred_ joined #koha
20:03 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
20:03 josef_moravec1 #info Josef Moravec, Municipal Library Usti nad Orlici, Czech Republic
20:03 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
20:03 cait giving it another minute
20:04 m23_KohaCZ_ $info Koha Czech community
20:04 cait #info :)
20:05 cait hm should have probably escaped that somehow
20:05 thd # info, Thomas Dukleth, New York City via Denver
20:05 cait m23_KohaCZ_: do you want to correct before I switch topics?
20:06 m23_KohaCZ_ #info Michal Denar, KohaCZ
20:06 cait #topic Announcements
20:06 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 February 2018)
20:06 cait anyone? :)
20:06 thd # info, Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City now Denver
20:07 cait Joubu: ?
20:07 Joubu nothing from me
20:07 cait ok, no announcements, moving on
20:07 cait #info no announcements were made
20:08 cait #topic Update on releases
20:08 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 February 2018)
20:08 cait Rmaints?
20:08 wahanui Rmaints is kidclamp (17.11), fridolin (17.05), rangi (16.11)
20:08 * cait learned that trick from Joubu
20:08 Joubu About 18.05: I have a lot of things to tell you :) I am currently writing the next what's on in koha-devel emails I am going to publish tomorrow hopefully
20:08 Joubu so just read it when it will be published :)
20:09 Joubu (even if it is a bit long)
20:09 cait will do :)
20:10 cait #info Please find all info about 18.05 in the next What's on email from Joubu to be released soon
20:10 cait moving on again?
20:10 cait this is going to be a quick on
20:10 cait e
20:10 cait if somoene something they want to discuss - please pm or state here
20:11 cait sorry, my keyboard is giving me a bit of trouble tonight, a bit slower than usual
20:11 cait #topic QA Team
20:11 Topic for #koha is now QA Team (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 February 2018)
20:11 cait QA team?
20:11 wahanui QA team is hunting all the bugs!
20:11 cait QA?
20:11 wahanui hmmm... QA is Quality Assurance?
20:11 cait hm... we need to fix that :)
20:11 cait the queue was high, we got it down some, it got up back high (almost 140) - we got it down some again (currently around 90)
20:12 cait i hope we can push it down some more this time around
20:12 * Joubu flaps QA team with RJ45 cables
20:12 Joubu qa_team?
20:12 wahanui qa_team is, like, alex_a jajm marcelr khall kidclamp tcohen josef_moravec
20:12 cait we are also working to get the long sitting bugs out of the queue
20:12 wahanui okay, cait.
20:13 cait so please have some more patience
20:13 cait i have added a bug to the agenda
20:13 cait bug 19928
20:13 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19928 normal, P5 - low, ---, victor.grousset, Signed Off , Acquisitions' CSV exports should honor syspref "delimiter"
20:13 cait i was looking for opinions on the changed buttons
20:14 cait oleonard suggested earlier that CSV can be interpreted not strictly as only comma separated in english but generally means some kind of ... separated values in everyday's use
20:14 cait so I will suggest to stick with the current labelling for shorter descriptions
20:14 cait last but not least... if you want to join QA, let me know ;)
20:14 cait Joubu: ?
20:15 Joubu yes?
20:15 cait or anyone else, something want to add as a topic or to this one before we move to setting the date?
20:15 thd However, having two different competing names for the same function could be a source of confusion.
20:17 cait why competing?
20:18 thd A different expectation for some people seeing system preferences screens and acquisition screens.
20:18 cait i am sorry, but I don't understand
20:19 cait maybe epxlain to me after the meeting?
20:19 thd Sorry, maybe I am reading something extra into the problem the bug report was supposed to raise.
20:19 thd Comment withdrawn.
20:20 cait #topic Set date of next meeting
20:20 Topic for #koha is now Set date of next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 February 2018)
20:20 cait so wednesday in march
20:20 cait march 7
20:20 Joubu yep
20:20 cait 14 utc?
20:21 cait I will read the quiet as agreement :)
20:21 cait #info Next meeting: 7 March 2018, 14 UTC
20:21 cait thx all!
20:21 cait #endmeeting
20:21 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
20:21 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Feb  7 20:21:57 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
20:21 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-02-07-20.02.html
20:21 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-02-07-20.02.txt
20:21 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]07-20.02.log.html
20:22 clintD Thank you. Best wishes to all
20:23 josef_moravec1 cait++
20:23 mkuhn Have a nice evening (if you're living in around Central Europe like me)
20:23 cait quick meeting - some more time for bugs :)
20:23 Joubu we have lost the Documentation meetings
20:23 cait true
20:23 cait we should get in touch with the documentation team
20:24 thd Joubu, Do you mean that they had not set a new date for meeting or do you mean some other form of lost?
20:27 cait we missed one meeting and no new date was set since
20:28 thd Ah, the lost your skipping stone sense of lost :)
20:30 thd [skipping stone is a weather rounded stone with flat sides which can 'skip' across a body of water if thrown properly.]
20:31 thd s/skip/bounce/
20:32 cait :)
20:35 Altiplano joined #koha
20:36 Altiplano Hi to all!
20:37 cait hello
20:37 wahanui hi, cait
20:39 Kafilini joined #koha
20:59 meliss joined #koha
21:46 JesseM joined #koha
22:01 shakalaka joined #koha
22:37 dilan joined #koha
22:41 NateC joined #koha
22:59 kmlussier joined #koha
23:14 irma joined #koha
23:27 papa1 joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary