IRC log for #koha, 2018-02-08

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
01:57 ebegin joined #koha
02:03 kellym joined #koha
02:03 kellym left #koha
02:52 Kafilini joined #koha
03:22 dilan joined #koha
05:25 sjamso joined #koha
05:28 sjamso Hello. I am trying to setup SIP server to integrate my koha 17.05 to 3m self-check system but I am not able to telnet to SIP server. telnet localhost 8023 the result is login:user1 password:passwd1 telnet: Connection closed by foreign host
05:28 sjamso Please help me out
05:36 sjamso I am not able to start SIP server with the command perl -IC4/SIP/ -MILS C4/SIP/ C4/SIP/SIPconfig.xml. Any solution to this
05:36 sjamso I get the following error
05:36 sjamso unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at C4/ line 243. unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at C4/ line 243. unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at C4/ line 243. unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at C4/ line 243. unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at C4/ line 243. unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.x
05:58 sjamso unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at C4/ line 243. How to solve this issue? Please help
06:13 cait joined #koha
06:16 sjamso Now I get the error File does not exist: C4/SIP/SIPconfig.xml at C4/SIP/Sip/ line 34.
06:16 sjamso Anyone with solutions?
06:17 sjamso when I try to start SIP with perl -IC4/SIP/ -MILS C4/SIP/ C4/SIP/SIPconfig.xml
06:25 josef_moravec sjamso: did you see this guide? https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]SIP2_server_setup
06:44 fridolin joined #koha
06:44 fridolin hi there
06:45 cait @later tell alex_a
06:45 huginn` cait: The operation succeeded.
06:59 laurence joined #koha
07:09 sjamso josef: yes I followed the guide. but this didn't help me
07:11 sjamso but when I do telnet localhost 8023. the connection is getting refused.
07:13 josef_moravec if you got the message about koha-conf.xml not found, you probably forgot to use koha-shell
07:13 magnuse sjamso: how did you install koha? debian packages?
07:14 josef_moravec and probably better way to start sip is koha-start-sip command if you are on debian packages installation
07:14 sjamso yes debian package on ubuntu 16.04
07:15 magnuse then you should do "sudo koha-enable-sip <instance>", edit /etc/koha/sites/<instance>/SIPconfig.xml, "sudo koha-start-sip <instance>"
07:16 magnuse you need to make sure SIPconfig.xml has users that are also set up in koha
07:16 magnuse and check that the port you set up for sip2 is open in the firewall, if you have one
07:18 sjamso magnuse: I did as you say. I followed the guide in wiki. I created user term1 in koha. and in SIPconfig.xml I have the the user term1 mentioned in the accounts. I also enabled the sip
07:20 sjamso magnuse: sip port 6001 and 8023 is open but when I telnet to port 8023 and login with the user term1 i get the error refused by foreign host
07:20 sjamso Connection closed by foreign host.
07:21 magnuse and you have the "institution" part of <login id="term1"  password="term1" delimiter="|" error-detect="enabled" institution="BIB" /> corresponding to an <institution> further down in the config?
07:21 magnuse and to a library in koha?
07:21 sjamso I can telnet but once I enter username and password i get Connection closed by foreign host.
07:22 magnuse what happens when you do "telnet localhost 8023"
07:22 magnuse what do you see on the screen?
07:22 sjamso yes .. my institution is JNEC and its specified in both accounts and institutions in the SIPconfig.xml file
07:22 magnuse good
07:23 sjamso Trying Connected to Escape character is '^]'. login: term1 password: term1
07:24 sjamso then i get the error
07:24 sjamso Connection closed by foreign host.
07:24 magnuse ah ok
07:24 magnuse hm, let me check something
07:25 magnuse you should not be getting the "login:" prompt
07:25 sjamso when I try to start SIP with  perl -IC4/SIP/ -MILS C4/SIP/ C4/SIP/SIPconfig.xml
07:26 sjamso i get this error File does not exist: C4/SIP/SIPconfig.xml at C4/SIP/Sip/ line 34.
07:26 marcelr joined #koha
07:26 magnuse never mind that, i think, you want to get the package-script-setup working
07:26 marcelr hi #koha
07:26 sjamso this happened after I did export KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml
07:26 magnuse try and edit your SIPconfig.xml and change transport="telnet" to transport="RAW"
07:27 magnuse then "sudo koha-stop-sip <instance> && koha-start-sip <instance>"
07:28 sjamso magnuse : I already have it set to transport="RAW"
07:29 magnuse both for 8023 and 6001?
07:29 sjamso not for both.. only for 6001
07:29 sjamso for 8023 it is set to telnet
07:29 magnuse try setting it to RAW for 8023 too
07:30 sjamso oki
07:30 magnuse or try telnet to 6001
07:31 sjamso telnet to 6001 works but does not ask to login
07:32 magnuse good!
07:32 magnuse now you need to talk sip2 to it
07:32 sjamso Trying Connected to Escape character is '^]'.
07:32 reiveune joined #koha
07:32 magnuse 9300CNterm1|COterm1|CPJNEC|
07:32 reiveune hello
07:32 wahanui hola, reiveune
07:33 magnuse ...if your username and password are both term1 and institution is JNEC
07:33 magnuse that should give you "941" as a response on a new line
07:33 sjamso yes but i get the error
07:33 sjamso Escape character is '^]'. 9300CNterm1|COterm1|CPJNEC| Connection closed by foreign host.
07:34 sjamso and also can't telnet to 8023
07:34 magnuse that is because of the telnet/RAW setting, i think
07:34 magnuse but it should not close the connection
07:35 sjamso I changed to RAW for both the port
07:35 magnuse do you have a user in koha with userid = term1 and password = term1?
07:35 sjamso yes
07:35 LibraryClaire joined #koha
07:35 sjamso with librarian previleges
07:36 magnuse so you can log into the opac with term1 + term1?
07:37 sjamso yes.. I can login too
07:39 magnuse hm not sure what is wrong then
07:39 magnuse sip logs to syslog, so you can try looking there for errors
07:40 magnuse or do "sudo tail -f /var/log/syslog | grep koha_sip" in another terminal while you feed the server the "9300CNterm1|COterm1|CPJNEC|" line
07:40 sjamso oki.. let me try
07:40 magnuse (you did press Enter after 9300CNterm1|COterm1|CPJNEC|, right?)
07:41 sjamso yes
07:41 magnuse just checking the obvious things :-)
07:43 josef_moravec On debian sip is logging to koha log files sip-error.log and sip-output.log
07:44 sjamso magnuse: I get this in the log : Feb  8 13:42:47 lib koha_sip[19995]: Configuration::find_service: Trying 6001/tcp Feb  8 13:42:48 lib koha_sip[19995]: Configuration::find_service: Trying *:6001/tcp Feb  8 13:42:48 lib koha_sip[19995]: Configuration::find_service: Trying Feb  8 13:42:48 lib koha_sip[19995]: raw_transport: timeout is 60 Feb  8 13:42:56 lib koha_sip[19995]: read_request trimmed 1 character(s) Feb  8 13:42:56 lib koha_sip
07:44 magnuse josef_moravec: not by default, i think?
07:44 josef_moravec magnuse: maybe not by default, but I can't remember to set it extra...
07:46 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:46 magnuse josef_moravec: you are right! but those files seem to contain very little info compared to syslog...
07:47 magnuse sjamso: did you try connectiong while you looked at the log?
07:47 josef_moravec magnuse: yes, just looking here and it is not very helpful
07:47 magnuse did you get anything after "trimmed 1 character(s)"?
07:47 magnuse paste?
07:47 wahanui paste is found at
07:48 sjamso magnuse: Yes I get this : I get this in the log : Feb  8 13:42:47 lib koha_sip[19995]: Configuration::find_service: Trying 6001/tcp Feb  8 13:42:48 lib koha_sip[19995]: Configuration::find_service: Trying *:6001/tcp Feb  8 13:42:48 lib koha_sip[19995]: Configuration::find_service: Trying Feb  8 13:42:48 lib koha_sip[19995]: raw_transport: timeout is 60 Feb  8 13:42:56 lib koha_sip[19995]: read_request trimmed 1 character(s) Feb  8 13:4
07:48 magnuse if you want to do a long paste it isbetter to do it there
07:48 magnuse looks like your text is too long to be pasted here, try
07:49 sjamso magnuse: after trimmed 1 character i get these
07:49 sjamso INPUT MSG: '9300CNterm1|COterm1|CPJNEC' Feb  8 13:48:40 lib koha_sip[20042]: Sip::MsgType::new('C4::SIP::Sip::MsgType', '9300CNterm...', '93'): '0', protocol 2 Feb  8 13:48:40 lib koha_sip[20042]: Sip::MsgType::_initialize('Login', '00CNterm1|COterm1|CPJNEC', 'A1A1', '2', ...)
07:50 pastebot "sjamso" at pasted "SIP" (3 lines) at
07:50 magnuse nothing more after that?
07:51 sjamso no
07:52 pastebot "sjamso" at pasted "sip" (8 lines) at
07:54 magnuse that is weird
07:56 magnuse sorry, phone
07:56 sjamso problem
08:01 pastebot "sjamso" at pasted "sip" (9 lines) at
08:01 alex_a joined #koha
08:02 alex_a bonjour
08:13 magnuse back
08:15 magnuse i have no idea why it does not say more than that
08:16 magnuse i get this, for example: Feb  8 08:58:12 frodo koha_sip[8549]: api_auth failed for SIP terminal 'term1' of 'BIB': failed
08:38 fridolin magnuse: ah, you are also a Tolkien fan ;)
08:38 wahanui okay, fridolin.
08:38 fridolin my first user is always frodo
08:38 cait joined #koha
08:40 magnuse fridolin: hehe, my laptop is frodo
08:40 magnuse not the biggest fan in the world, but it was the first thing that popped into my head
08:41 tuxayo hi #koha o/
08:41 marcelr o/
08:45 cait morning all :)
08:45 cait magnuse: my laptop is sloth ;)
08:45 marcelr hi cait
09:23 cait joined #koha
09:39 magnuse cait: named after the animal or the sin?
09:40 cait animal!
09:40 cait all my devices are named after animals
09:51 magnuse :-)
09:57 fridolin my prompt is : frodo@bagend
09:58 fridolin sure BW poeple have some funny namings
09:59 cait can someone explaint o me how relevancy works in koha?
09:59 cait like really worksß
09:59 cait ?
10:02 fridolin cait: i'm aware of it
10:03 cait we have a lbirary asking about it... repeatedly and i can't really explain
10:03 cait can you help me out?
10:05 magnuse put it on the wiki if you figure it out?
10:15 fridolin cait: is only works with queryweightfields enabled
10:15 fridolin it sorts with first Title-cover match
10:15 fridolin then title
10:15 fridolin then keyword
10:16 fridolin if QueryStemming in on, it does first without truncation then with right truncation on stemmed value
10:16 cait stemming reduces the word to it's 'base' or tries to
10:16 cait ?
10:24 cait joined #koha
10:24 cait frido++
10:24 cait fridolin++ even )
10:25 cait afk for a bit, will be bakc :)
10:25 fridolin cait: indeed stemming is for example "historical" > "histor*"
10:58 dersmon joined #koha
11:02 cait you are a hero, thx frido
11:02 dersmon hi
11:09 dersmon i am currently running https://perldoc.koha-community[…]lkmarcimport.html which works without complains and adds data to my auth_header file
11:10 dersmon but i can't search for the new authority files in the interface
11:10 dersmon do i have to force zebra to reindex or something?
11:10 cait how did you install koha?
11:10 cait and yes, using bulkmarkimport you probably will need to do a full reindex
11:10 cait if you use the staging tools it will happen automatically, but bulkmarcimport I think is more basic
11:10 dersmon ok
11:12 dersmon koha-rebuild-zebra?
11:12 wahanui i think koha-rebuild-zebra is a script wrapper for
11:15 cait yes
11:15 cait with -f -a probably
11:15 cait full and authorities
11:19 dersmon still no results in the interface :(
11:20 dersmon looks good actually in the log
11:20 cait hm
11:20 cait did you start zebra?
11:21 dersmon ah
11:21 dersmon ...
11:21 dersmon ok
11:21 dersmon thx ;)
11:24 cait does it work now?
11:24 dersmon yep
11:24 dersmon so the rebuild script does not complain if zebra is not running?
11:33 eythian the rebuild script doesn't actually interact with the daemon
11:33 eythian (but, it probably aught to check as a courtesy.)
12:25 cait joined #koha
12:32 meliss joined #koha
12:40 kellym joined #koha
12:43 oleonard joined #koha
12:44 oleonard Hi #koha
12:44 cait hi oleonard :)
12:44 marcelr hi oleonard
12:44 wahanui hi olé onard
12:48 LibraryClaire hi oleonard
12:48 wahanui hi dear loon
12:48 oleonard cait: I'm glad you were able to navigate that very heated CSV debate during the meeting yesterday.
12:48 cait ;)
12:49 cait just hope you didn't change your mind now... and that the strict RM will approve
12:50 kmlussier joined #koha
12:57 nengard joined #koha
12:57 jzairo joined #koha
13:05 tcohen joined #koha
13:06 tcohen late morning
13:07 ebegin joined #koha
13:08 marcelr tcohen: early afternoon?
13:12 tcohen he
13:19 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
13:19 Freddy_Enrique HI koha :)
13:22 Joubu dcook?
13:22 wahanui it has been said that dcook is a zebra expert now
13:22 Joubu @seen dcook
13:22 huginn` Joubu: I have not seen dcook.
13:23 oleonard dcook is elusive.
13:23 Margaret joined #koha
13:24 Joubu tcohen: Why is dcook talking about non-system?
13:24 Joubu he just needs to pick the psgi and that's it
13:24 Joubu Koha without Plack... I hope he runs 3.18...
13:25 tcohen dcook is a troll
13:26 tcohen he's probably not using Koha
13:27 Freddy_Enrique troll, here?
13:28 DonnaB joined #koha
13:28 marcelr tcohen: last "bit" or more?
13:28 oleonard dcook is a mole! A spy for the opposition!
13:29 marcelr hope he likes our comments
13:29 ebegin dcook++
13:29 ebegin :-)
13:29 tcohen I hope he laughs about my comments
13:29 oleonard dcook?
13:29 wahanui dcook is, like, another david -_-
13:29 oleonard dcook?
13:29 wahanui well, dcook is a zebra expert now
13:29 oleonard dcook?
13:29 wahanui i heard dcook was the designated masochist
13:29 Freddy_Enrique O.o.... I've never thought I've witness something like that HERE
13:29 oleonard :D
13:30 tcohen I would volunteer to help him make Koha build as an RPM package, but he always says he doesn't have time
13:31 Joubu lol
13:36 Freddy_Enrique Guys, First I am not a programmer in html :D, and I was wondering why my opac interface looks like this when I see it on my laptop...
13:36 Freddy_Enrique but on my pc it look just great
13:38 Freddy_Enrique
13:38 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:38 oleonard Freddy_Enrique: I'm guessing it's because on your desktop your browser width is big enough that your new acquisitions don't collide with the sidebar
13:38 oleonard Freddy_Enrique: Are those book covers being displayed in a table?
13:39 Freddy_Enrique yep
13:39 Freddy_Enrique I've heard something about being responsive... no idea what that is-....
13:39 oleonard Is it part of OpacMainUserBlock, or a plugin?
13:39 Freddy_Enrique uhm, I did everything on nthe opacmainuserblock
13:40 oleonard Freddy_Enrique: Is the OPAC public so that I could look?
13:40 Freddy_Enrique in the staff client interface
13:40 Freddy_Enrique I'm afraid not yet, is in the internal network. Still working on a migration :(
13:41 ncbaratta joined #koha
13:41 oleonard Freddy_Enrique: Give me a little time and I can share some HTML with you
13:41 Freddy_Enrique But students really like theis new way of searching for books that I decided to customize the opac a little bit
13:42 Freddy_Enrique I would really appreciate it
13:43 Freddy_Enrique Btw, I wish one suggestion. When someone implements Koha. That someone has to know a LOT of things. DO you guys work all by yourself or work in teams?
13:45 Freddy_Enrique, css...some java... man, is not that simple as many people put it.
13:46 marcelr perl plack ..
13:47 Freddy_Enrique T_T....
13:47 * Freddy_Enrique going nuts
13:47 marcelr not too fast Freddy_Enrique :)
13:50 eythian don't forget knowing about backups
13:51 Freddy_Enrique killing me softly....
13:51 oleonard Good grief why hasn't oleonard upgraded the OPAC to Bootstrap 3 yet
13:51 marcelr where is my backup ?
13:51 marcelr i thought i did that ;)
13:52 NateC joined #koha
13:52 Freddy_Enrique well...about backups... could snapshots be considered one?
13:53 Joubu Luckily it's javascript
13:53 ncbaratta Hi all - nengard is now ncbaratta :)
13:53 oleonard ncbaratta: Welcome :)
13:54 ncbaratta :D
13:59 oleonard It'll take some getting used to, but I'll get there.
14:01 mtompset joined #koha
14:01 mtompset @seen tcohen
14:01 huginn` mtompset: tcohen was last seen in #koha 31 minutes and 22 seconds ago: <tcohen> I would volunteer to help him make Koha build as an RPM package, but he always says he doesn't have time
14:04 tuxayo ncbaratta: You might want to update :)
14:04 ncbaratta thanks for the reminder
14:04 mtompset @later tell tcohen I've switched to dual boot Ubuntu 16.04 LTS / Windows 10. I'm having difficulty getting KohaDevBox up. I've had secure boot issues, and I have both docker and virtualbox installed, Am I able to do that? Suggestions would be welcome, if you have any. And by problems, I mean my entire machine locks.
14:04 huginn` mtompset: The operation succeeded.
14:05 * mtompset waves Bye to tuxayo
14:06 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "Freddy_Enrique: Some very basic markup you could try" (29 lines) at
14:06 fridolin @seen kidclamp
14:06 huginn` fridolin: kidclamp was last seen in #koha 5 days, 20 hours, 41 minutes, and 32 seconds ago: <kidclamp> drive by ping!
14:06 oleonard fridolin: I believe kidclamp is on vacation
14:07 eythian Freddy_Enrique: when you tested restoring from them, did it succeed? If so, they can be backups :)
14:07 fridolin sure ;)
14:07 Freddy_Enrique I'll check it out :)
14:07 * oleonard insists he's not social-media-stalking kidclamp
14:07 * fridolin also on vacation next week
14:07 Freddy_Enrique oleonard++
14:07 eythian (snapshotting mysql runs a small risk of corruption I think, but I'm not an expert on that.)
14:08 oleonard What's a small risk of corruption here and there *cough*Vader*cough*
14:08 Freddy_Enrique eythian: Yep, I used to do it quite a lot when practicing with migration
14:08 andrewfh joined #koha
14:08 fridolin we always perform a dump during backup
14:08 marcelr no more data corruption !
14:09 magnuse three cheers for ncbaratta!
14:09 ncbaratta :)
14:10 tuxayo @later tell mtompset Did you succeed to disable secure boot? Or are you trying to sign the VirtualBox module?[…]ecure-boot#915108
14:10 huginn` tuxayo: The operation succeeded.
14:11 LibraryClaire1 joined #koha
14:11 marcelr jajm: if you could have a look at 14769 ?
14:12 cait1 joined #koha
14:14 oleonard Yes I am trying to make changes to xslt why do you ask?
14:15 jajm marcelr, i'm looking at it right now ;)
14:15 marcelr so fast !
14:16 eythian oleonard: https://redwaspdesign.wordpres[…]/call-of-cthulhu/ I was playing this yesterday, maybe it's similar to what you're doing with xslt.
14:17 oleonard Yes, eythian, except what I'm doing involves more tentacles.
14:17 narcisgarcia joined #koha
14:19 marcelr Joubu: could bug 19790 be a candidate for RM_priority ?
14:19 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19790 normal, P5 - low, ---,, Needs Signoff , Remove from installer files
14:21 Joubu does it hurt?
14:22 marcelr removes very old stuff
14:22 marcelr it really hurts me to still see it :)
14:24 Joubu I will take a look
14:25 marcelr additionalauthors was a table in 3.0 or before
14:26 cait joined #koha
14:27 JoshB joined #koha
14:29 Joubu @later tell tcohen what's next with 18055? I cannot remember, like we are waiting for Mirko to package something? What?
14:29 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:33 magnuse bug 18055
14:33 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18055 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, chris, BLOCKED , Speed up '00-strict.t' test
14:37 cait fridolin: around?
14:38 fridolin cait: yep
14:38 cait was item search your baby?
14:38 fridolin cait: nope
14:38 Joubu I did not expect as many data corrupted :(/
14:38 cait np :) just had a question about the callnumber range search
14:38 cait will try to figure it out
14:38 cait Joubu: ?
14:39 fridolin ask it anyway
14:39 Joubu everyday someone on the list asks for help to fix data corruption
14:39 cait ah just had a report htat instead of including it shoudl be excluding
14:39 cait we say on the form it's inclusive
14:39 Joubu we need someone to clear the wiki page up
14:39 cait i was wondering if that is specific to their searches or a general thing
14:40 cait Joubu: I added some notes.... if you mean the data corruption one
14:40 Joubu thanks cait
14:40 cait not sure if it will help tho
14:40 Joubu they apply the fix but did not read the whole wiki page
14:40 fridolin cait: from : operator => '>=' for itemcallnumber
14:40 Joubu and do not fix the corrupted data
14:41 cait hm
14:41 fridolin so it is included
14:41 Joubu that the common problem I think
14:41 cait yeah should be
14:41 cait their example was
14:41 cait sec
14:41 cait 438.1 to 428.3
14:41 cait 438.2
14:41 cait gr.
14:42 cait 438.1 - 438.3
14:42 wahanui -0.199999999999989
14:42 cait thx wahanui :)
14:42 cait saying the 438.3 were not included
14:42 fridolin mm
14:42 edveal joined #koha
14:43 fridolin dont forget it is a string comparaison in SQL
14:43 cait yeah... bitlost ther
14:43 cait i had expected it to translate to a between and
14:43 fridolin maybe they talk about 438.3* like 438.39
14:43 cait it's in the last box of the item search
14:43 cait from call number: to callnumber:
14:44 cait hm you might be right
14:44 cait i have one hit of 438.3 that was hiding
14:45 cait right... so 438.32 is bigger than and not found
14:45 cait that makes sense
14:46 cait but i am nto surehow to explain it to the library :)
14:47 cait 438.1 to 438.3% seems to work better
14:48 fridolin yep % works everywhere it seems on itemsearch
14:48 tcohen joined #koha
14:49 fridolin callnumbers are the devel :(
14:49 tcohen back
14:50 tcohen Joubu: yes, we need feedback from drojf. Most likely he packaged it but forgot to let us know?
14:51 tcohen mtompset: you're saying your machine locks when running virtualbox? I'm not an expert but I would google for the symptoms, and maybe try older virtualbox
14:52 talljoy joined #koha
14:54 cait fridolin++ being very helpful today :)
14:55 fridolin cait: your welcome, we have the same crazy libarians ;)
14:55 fridolin see you at hackfest ?
14:56 cait yep :)
15:03 NateC_ joined #koha
15:04 cait Joubu++
15:09 cait nice What's on
15:13 tcohen Joubu++ # indeed
15:50 Joubu you can bookmark this url for the next 3 months:[…]
15:52 NateC joined #koha
15:54 jajm Joubu, gitlab tells me to log in, private repository ?
15:56 Joubu weird, the group is public
15:58 Joubu[…]munity/-/projects
15:59 Joubu all are public now
15:59 TGoat joined #koha
16:02 cait Joubu: what's library catalogue in French? :)
16:03 Joubu "catalogue"
16:03 wahanui it has been said that "catalogue" is the 3rd bit, so a mask of 4 is correct
16:03 cait and with library?
16:03 Joubu "catalogue de la bibliothèque" => catalogue of the library
16:03 cait thx!
16:04 reiveune bye
16:04 reiveune left #koha
16:05 jajm Joubu, thanks I can see it now :)
16:09 fridolin Bug 20131 funny bug
16:09 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20131 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , Inventory optional filters always shows "For loan" for value 0
16:11 fridolin left #koha
16:12 Joubu "__IGNORED__" => sounds wrong
16:20 LibraryClaire left #koha
16:27 cait joined #koha
16:43 tuxayo Bye #koha !
16:45 laurence left #koha
16:56 cait left #koha
17:12 kmlussier joined #koha
17:23 kellym joined #koha
18:11 kellym joined #koha
18:15 Freddy_Enrique breaking time, see ya all
18:16 * Freddy_Enrique afk
18:16 cait joined #koha
18:39 cait joined #koha
18:46 kathryn joined #koha
18:50 Joubu @later tell tcohen misc4dev must deal with apache *-git.conf files?
18:50 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
19:07 LeeJ joined #koha
19:07 * LeeJ waves
19:07 LeeJ hi #koha
19:19 cait joined #koha
19:22 andrewfh joined #koha
19:23 * cait waves
19:23 cait :)
19:26 LeeJ cait: told you I'd be on eventually :P
19:26 cait how are you doing?
19:32 kathryn cait: your Christmas card arrived later yesterday!! :D
19:33 cait wow!
19:34 cait great :)
19:40 LeeJ cait: can't complain too much I speed bump of life after another. Hopefully getting life back on track within the next week.
19:42 cait good luck, keeping fingers crossed for you
19:43 LeeJ thanks!
19:44 LeeJ would like advice on figuring out how to get the meeting schedule back on track though :P
19:44 cait set a date, announce it on the mailng list :)
19:44 cait make a wiki page .)
19:44 cait maybe Joubu can do it automatically, not sure about that
19:45 Joubu noe
19:45 Joubu nope
19:46 Joubu fill the "next meeting" part from the last one, then create a new page using the template page
19:46 Joubu tell the datetime and I will put it in the agenda
19:47 cait Joubu: bug 19928
19:47 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19928 normal, P5 - low, ---, victor.grousset, Passed QA , Acquisitions' CSV exports should honor syspref "delimiter"
19:48 cait not getting your last comment
19:49 cait was suggesting to leave the buttons as is
19:49 cait the patch doesn't hcange them now
19:50 LeeJ thank you cait and Joubu I'll do that today :)
19:50 cait LeeJ: we have missed other meetings before, don't worry about it too much
19:52 Joubu cait: I agree to obsolete it
19:52 Joubu I was noting it does not make sense as the CSV in the list can have differen  delimiters
19:52 cait ah
19:53 cait ok :)
19:53 Joubu I am a bit tired and it is very very hot here...
20:05 rocio joined #koha
20:10 cait Joubu: i am freezing...
20:10 cait not better
20:14 jbeno joined #koha
20:25 cait1 joined #koha
20:28 kmlussier joined #koha
20:29 Kafilini joined #koha
20:45 LeeJ when you spend over 100 hours trying to troubleshoot a template issue that throws no errors and it turns out that you typed "FOREACH item in items" instead of "FOREACH item IN items"
20:45 LeeJ *facepalm*
20:48 rangi LeeJ: you a trick for dev
20:49 rangi in C4/Templates
20:50 LeeJ rangi: ?
20:51 rangi[…]Config.pod#STRICT
20:51 rangi in the new sub in C4::Templates
20:51 rangi you caan switch a few options on
20:51 LeeJ rangi: ahhh
20:51 rangi which case things to explode loudly, instead of fail silently
20:51 rangi cause even
20:52 wizzyrea ^ will save many hours
20:52 wizzyrea will/has done
20:52 wizzyrea etc and so on
20:52 cait joined #koha
20:53 LeeJ was so frustrating! I was trying to populate a list that was just appearing blank
20:53 LeeJ will remember for the that I already fixed the issue :P
20:53 LeeJ many thanks as always rangi and wizzyrea
20:53 wizzyrea hehe wonder if we should teach devbox to have the options on
20:53 wizzyrea not sure how you'd do that but eh
20:54 rangi change the new to set them using config variables
20:54 wahanui rangi: that doesn't look right
20:54 wahanui joined #koha
20:54 rangi and have those set in teh devbox ?
20:54 * LeeJ chucks issue reports at tcohen
20:54 wizzyrea I like that
20:55 LeeJ I like it too
20:55 LeeJ I would really like to avoid shedding tears over a plugin again if at all possible :P
20:56 cait plugins make me sad anyway
20:56 cait I really wish they werle designed to be translatable
20:58 meliss joined #koha
21:16 LeeJ cait: I agree
21:17 LeeJ I enjoy plugins for their turn-key functionality to try various things
21:18 cait I'd like to be able to contribute translatons instead of being forced to fork
21:19 cait still want to play some witht them soon
21:24 cait1 joined #koha
21:30 LeeJ well you're welcome to help yourself to my current project :)
21:31 cait1 what are you working on?
21:35 LeeJ cait1: booking plugin[…]room-reservations
21:35 cait1 will keep it on mind :)
21:35 LeeJ it's basically what's kept me away from working on bugs and the better part of docs for a bit..orders from the top to add features :)
21:57 CrispyBran joined #koha
22:08 CrispyBran barton are you here?
22:11 barton CrispyBran: in body and spirit, yes, but the mind is spread waaaaaay thin the moment. I'm about 3 interruptions deep. I should be able to pop a few things off the stack and be clear in 30-45 minutes.
22:20 andrewfh joined #koha
22:20 cait1 good night #koha
22:22 JoshB left #koha
22:38 wizzyrea joined #koha
22:45 Kafilini joined #koha
22:53 edveal joined #koha
23:06 barton a'ight, CrispyBran, you're up! :-)
23:15 papa1 joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary