IRC log for #koha, 2017-07-26

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:09 * Francesca waves
00:23 wizzyrea joined #koha
00:25 papa joined #koha
00:59 Francesca joined #koha
01:19 Francesca joined #koha
03:14 Francesca joined #koha
03:34 Francesca joined #koha
05:09 cait joined #koha
05:13 alexbuckley hi cait
05:25 Francesca joined #koha
05:31 cait hi alexbuckley :)
06:00 JesseM_a_ joined #koha
06:04 Francesca joined #koha
06:14 Francesca joined #koha
06:24 Francesca joined #koha
06:24 laurence joined #koha
06:25 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:51 JesseM_away joined #koha
07:21 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:21 gaetan_B hello
07:21 wahanui hey, gaetan_B
07:21 cait joined #koha
07:28 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:36 fridolin joined #koha
07:37 fridolin hie ehtere
07:38 cait mtj++
07:38 cait hi fridolin
07:39 fridolin cait: bonjour
07:40 atheia joined #koha
07:40 cait good morning atheia
07:43 atheia Good morning!
07:43 wahanui the only good morning is a dead one
07:43 atheia Think I may have to quit and rejoin…
07:43 atheia left #koha
07:44 atheia joined #koha
07:44 atheia left #koha
07:45 atheia joined #koha
07:46 atheia left #koha
07:47 atheia joined #koha
07:49 atheia left #koha
07:50 alex_ joined #koha
07:51 alex_ joined #koha
07:52 atheia phew. Think I got it now.
07:52 paul_p joined #koha
07:52 atheia Somehow ended up with both Polari & Empathy connecting to Koha at once. Got it down to just Polari now :-)
08:05 cait atheia: how are things? :)
08:06 atheia cait: Busy busy, but generally good! How about you?
08:07 cait same
08:07 Francesca joined #koha
08:13 d_antonakis joined #koha
09:19 eythian hi
09:21 fredericd joined #koha
09:24 paul_p_ joined #koha
09:26 Francesca joined #koha
09:32 d_antonakis joined #koha
09:35 LibraryClaire joined #koha
10:10 Francesca joined #koha
10:18 Francesca joined #koha
10:42 Francesca joined #koha
11:03 LibraryClaire joined #koha
11:23 caboose joined #koha
11:23 jzairo joined #koha
11:26 meliss joined #koha
11:35 JesseM joined #koha
11:47 marcelr joined #koha
11:47 marcelr hi #koha
11:48 eythian hi marcelr
11:48 marcelr o/
12:00 paul_p joined #koha
12:05 nengard joined #koha
12:17 barton joined #koha
12:20 nengard joined #koha
12:46 LibraryClaire joined #koha
12:46 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:08 LeeJ joined #koha
13:08 * LeeJ waves
13:08 LeeJ morning #koha
13:10 cait left #koha
13:11 LeeJ dev meeting is in an hour correct?
13:11 kidclamp 49 minutes :-)
13:13 LeeJ kidclamp: thanks..still getting used to UTC conversions :)
13:13 kidclamp I use the link every time
13:13 tcohen joined #koha
13:14 tcohen hi everyone
13:14 marcelr hi Leej tcohen and kidclamp
13:14 kidclamp hi marcelr tcohen
13:15 JoshB joined #koha
13:15 * LeeJ waves to tcohen marcelr
13:17 kellym joined #koha
13:17 kidclamp LeeJ++
13:20 kmlussier joined #koha
13:37 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
13:38 mveron joined #koha
13:39 mveron Hi again #koha
13:40 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
13:41 Freddy_Enrique me: waves at everyone
13:41 Freddy_Enrique anyone here? :)
13:41 tcohen hi mveron Freddy_Enrique
13:42 mveron :-)
13:42 Freddy_Enrique Pleased to meet you
13:42 * LeeJ waves to Freddy_Enrique mveron
13:42 Freddy_Enrique I hope you can aid me with this questions
13:43 Freddy_Enrique these*
13:43 LeeJ we'll certainly try!
13:44 Freddy_Enrique Yay, well. I'm not so familiar with opac customization. if I want to make my OPAC look like this:
13:45 Freddy_Enrique Will I only need the web interface to do that? or should I touch config files?
13:47 LeeJ Freddy_Enrique: for OPAC visual customizations you should only need to touch OPAC template files
13:47 Freddy_Enrique Koha administration interface
13:48 kholt joined #koha
13:48 Freddy_Enrique could you tell me which files I need to config
13:49 Freddy_Enrique As far as I know, I can change my staff interface too, but I'm happy how it looks :)
13:49 LeeJ Freddy_Enrique: well it may be possible to do quite a bit of customization from the web interface staff client using the Administration interface's CSS and JS fields
13:49 LeeJ let me see if I can remember the syspref names
13:50 Freddy_Enrique thanks :)
13:50 LeeJ Freddy_Enrique: OPACUserCSS and OPACUserJS are the two system preferences that would control the OPAC appearance
13:51 Freddy_Enrique Uhm... what would you recommend? system preferences or config files?
13:51 LeeJ Freddy_Enrique: though they may restrict what you hope to accomplish. If so, template files are located under <koha directory>/koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl
13:51 Freddy_Enrique ohh.....
13:52 LeeJ Freddy_Enrique: they edit *almost* exactly like regular HTML files.
13:52 Freddy_Enrique say.... if I change the template, will it automatically load?
13:53 LeeJ Freddy_Enrique: I'd suggest the template files directly because the system preferences may become a problem if a future bug report makes changes to the way it functions
13:53 mveron Freddy_Enrique: Try to go with the system preferences first like OpacMainUserBlock  or OPACUserCSS. If you change template files you risk that they are overwritten with the next update!
13:53 Freddy_Enrique !!!
13:54 Freddy_Enrique let me get this straight....If I change the template files there's a risk That I lose them with upcoming updates?
13:55 mveron Yes. Recommended customising is by system preferences.
13:55 kidclamp you can do a lot in system preferences and with JS
13:56 talljoy joined #koha
13:58 Freddy_Enrique I see. Ill fisrt try with system preferences then. I heard that there was a second way to customize the OPAC so I wanted to investigate a little bit
13:58 LeeJ listen to mveron and kidclamp they've been doing this much longer than I have :)
13:59 cc_ joined #koha
13:59 Freddy_Enrique Then. About the picture I posted... how do they do? do they keep a backup of the template to avoid problems with updates?
13:59 * Dyrcona waves to Freddy_Enrique. :)
13:59 Freddy_Enrique Hey there!!!! Dyrcona
14:00 Freddy_Enrique So glad to see you here as well
14:00 tcohen Hi everyone, it is meeting time
14:00 d_antonakis joined #koha
14:00 mkuhn joined #koha
14:00 LeeJ okay
14:00 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 26 July 2017
14:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Jul 26 14:00:51 2017 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
14:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 July 2017)
14:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_26_july_2017'
14:01 Joubu #topic Introductions
14:01 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
14:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 July 2017)
14:01 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:01 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy, Rijksmuseum
14:01 tcohen #info Tomás Cohen Arazi
14:01 mkuhn #info Michael Kuhn, Switzerland
14:01 LeeJ #info Lee Jamison, Marywood University
14:01 LibraryClaire #info Claire Gravely, BSZ, Germany
14:01 cc_ #info Colin Campbell PTFS Europe
14:01 mveron #info Marc Véron, Koha Support Schweiz
14:02 d_antonakis #info Dimitris Antonakis, Athens Greece
14:02 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_26_July_2017
14:02 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWaterSolutions
14:03 atheia #info Alex Sassmannshausen, PTFS Europe
14:03 thd joined #koha
14:03 Joubu #topic Announcements
14:03 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 July 2017)
14:03 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:04 Joubu Anyone have something to announce?
14:04 Joubu Awesome, next
14:04 kidclamp Koha US is in two weeks
14:05 kidclamp The deadline to register for this conference is next Friday, July 28th.
14:05 kidclamp this friday
14:05 kidclamp[…]oha-US_Conference
14:05 kidclamp #link[…]oha-US_Conference KohaUS Conference
14:05 kidclamp that's all
14:06 Joubu #topic Update from the Release Manager (17.11)
14:06 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (17.11) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 July 2017)
14:06 Joubu I will complain a bit, sorry in advance...
14:06 Joubu 17.11 cycle has started 2 months ago, an I am feeling a bit struck.
14:07 Joubu How do we do guys? I have created a Kanban to prioritize tasks, I have created a "ws" to display important bugs on your dashboard (if you like)
14:07 Joubu We had (and still have...) a blocker for stable releases for 2 months and only few people are *really* involved. I have to ask for help and ping people individually to get feedback.
14:08 Joubu I have to repeat myself dozen of times and explain again and again the same things, it is really exhausting.
14:08 Joubu Not enough people attend dev meetings (last time we were 2...), my emails on the ML are not read or did not receive the necessary attention, kanban is not followed and the dashboard is ignored.
14:08 Joubu So I have a question, and it is a simple one
14:09 Joubu Where can I put a BIG RED URGENT WARNING to get the needed attention?
14:09 CJSHayward joined #koha
14:09 Joubu (Do not tell me I need holidays, I had 10d very lately.)
14:09 marcelr you can't do much more imo
14:09 Joubu This is the first point, I have others. So we can discuss now about it, or just ignore it and I continue with the next one.
14:10 CJSHayward If I create an instance foo, what is the name of the admin user to use to do setup.
14:10 Joubu CJSHayward: meeting time, come back later please
14:10 CJSHayward OK
14:10 Joubu (well, you can stay, but ask later :))
14:11 thd Joubu: Try more carrots. Carrots are orange, not red :)
14:11 atheia Problem is, what carrots do we have?
14:11 Joubu carrots or baton?
14:11 atheia (I'm speaking as an RM assistant who is painfully aware that I should be doing more here…)
14:12 Joubu The carrots in this case would have been to not get 10 of your customers complaining because they lost circulation data
14:13 LeeJ It's evident the amount of time you've put into the kanban but my question would be (to the community in general) is it possible the kanban is *too* decentralized?
14:14 mkuhn What is a kanban anyway?
14:14 wahanui a kanban is probably[…]rm-1711/wiki/home
14:14 mkuhn There is a lot of good will and competence etc etc - BUT there is also chitter chatter, chaos, ineffiency, few time, frustration, new abbreviations, another new software to communicate etc etc etc - we all have to deal with it.
14:14 Joubu seriously...
14:14 Joubu LeeJ: well, the idea was to centralized things :)
14:15 thd One thing which I have experienced more than I should given my networking situation is the excessive JavaScript running the kanban etc. requires so much RAM that it brings my netbook to a mere crawl.
14:15 marcelr you dont need the kanban to know that this circulation bug is a blocker
14:16 tcohen marcelr is right
14:16 tcohen there's certaintly something wrong on how things are working a while back
14:17 thd marcelr++ Bugzilla can be used without draining RAM.
14:18 Joubu you have bugzilla, the dashboard and the several emails I sent to koha-devel, no need to use the kanban if you do not want to use it
14:18 Joubu tcohen: and?
14:19 Joubu guys, are you here or not?
14:19 mkuhn How many people are in this chat at the moment, giving their time, waiting for some lines to read, expecting what?
14:19 LeeJ second members of the community it is our obligation to take responsibility as a whole for dropping the ball on glaring issues (except for those who handle it regularly)
14:20 tcohen Joubu: maybe it is time to accept we are a smaller group of people coding than we thought
14:20 Joubu tcohen: ok then I will prefer to spend the next dev cycle to make Koha stable and robust and stop new enh
14:20 LibraryClaire with re to the blocker, I had been testing it here at work, but in terms of coding my knowledge runs out.
14:21 * tcohen doesn't like that Joubu
14:21 mkuhn Joubu: +1
14:21 marcelr Joubu: prioritize making it stable but allow enhancements
14:21 kidclamp new enhancements draw more people in  - but I agree we should resolve blockers as fast possible
14:21 mveron marcelr: +1
14:21 Joubu I am talking about adding a "BIG WARNING I NEED HELP" that cannot be ignore by other devs
14:22 Joubu and without the need to ping people individually during 2 months
14:22 Joubu It's not related to the size of the group
14:22 marcelr no but why are people less interested ?
14:22 thd I personally have too much of a preoccupation coaxing my elderly neighbour through what is involved in changing her heart valve and living situation which is scary for her after she has spent decades ignoring medicine.
14:23 tgoatley joined #koha
14:23 mveron It's a question of time...
14:23 Joubu ok next, I will send I email to the list, please think about it
14:23 tcohen this is not a personal question
14:23 Joubu next
14:23 LeeJ one thought I have on how to alert more it possible to have some sort of "Needs Urgent Attention" on the BZ homepage?
14:23 tcohen to each one to explain why cannot spend more time in Koha
14:23 Joubu I would also suggest people to continue/finish what is already in our bug tracker rather than starting new developments.
14:23 atheia This may be really frustrating to ask, but maybe the all caps subject line for WARNING I NEED HELP could be useful to prioritise urgent stuff?
14:24 Joubu I personnaly will continue to improve our testing suite, write test, reduce execution time, etc. You can follow this job on the kanban.
14:24 marcelr no please
14:24 wahanui
14:24 marcelr atheia: IN NO TIME CAPS ALL OVER THE PLACE
14:24 atheia marcelr: who are you reacting to?
14:25 marcelr your question :)
14:25 atheia Well, it could be restricted to the RM for use in their judgement?
14:25 atheia clearly it is not right that Joubu is currently simply not getting the attention when he needs it for a critical discussion,
14:25 thd Joubu: I know that the kanban is not essential to accomplishing the necessary tasks, however, I think that it can help despite the resource demand..
14:25 Joubu There is the dashboard, "blocker" and "critical", the saved BZ searches, and the kanban marked "important" with a red flag
14:25 Joubu cannot do more
14:25 Joubu it's your job to check them
14:26 atheia And I'm speaking just for myself here, but I'm drowning in information, so I delete koha email threads on occasion…
14:26 atheia Joubu: fair enough.
14:26 Joubu atheia: you are a good exemple I think
14:27 Joubu what could be added to make it you aware of an important discussion/feedback to follow/give?
14:27 atheia I have primarily an email based workflow, which is why I was suggesting the special subject tag.
14:28 atheia But if I'm the only one in that position, then maybe it's on me to change my workflow…
14:28 Joubu Nope, that cannot work. Are you aware of the "ws" to display the section "BZ status" of our dashboard onto your dashboard?
14:29 atheia I wasn't even aware I had my own dashboard?
14:29 thd Joubu: Despite the resource demand, I think the kanban could be more useful if the interface had better ergonomics.  Can the kanban be arranged to only require scrolling up and down, not left to right?
14:29 Joubu I am talking about that stuff:
14:29 Joubu thd: no
14:29 Joubu let's continue, I have other things
14:30 Joubu going to c/p
14:30 atheia Joubu: cool.  I did not know about that.
14:30 atheia I will start using that.
14:30 Joubu I am going to publish the result of the poll (Ready to help the Koha community?) I am still waiting for the 80+ people and 1000h who were ready to dedicate to the project (per month!)
14:30 Joubu The next "what's on in koha-devel" and blog post about the kanban is still on my todo list, will come when the next stable versions will be released.
14:30 Joubu I also have a list of paid support companies to remove from the website, how do I process?
14:30 Joubu Hea: People manage to enter alpha characters in a readonly input, the geolocation data are not always set correctly on the hea website, I fixed it yesterday to display the map correctly.
14:31 atheia I imagine this is 4 issues rolled into one discussion?
14:31 marcelr 80 guys probably on vacation
14:32 mkuhn Some are giving 0.5 h of their time here at this moment
14:32 Joubu Nope, will skip them, not the time to process everything
14:32 marcelr hang on mkuhn
14:32 wilfrid joined #koha
14:32 Joubu #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:32 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 July 2017)
14:32 Joubu fridolin, mtj ?
14:32 Joubu cait is not around
14:33 Joubu ok I will do this job too...
14:33 Joubu #info stable release are delayed, because of the checkin/out bugs
14:33 Joubu #info bug 18966 is waiting for QA and block next releases
14:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18966 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , Move of checkouts - Deal with duplicate IDs at DBMS level
14:34 Joubu #topic Updates from the QA team
14:34 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 July 2017)
14:34 marcelr our queue is still > 100
14:34 marcelr we should look at the older ones too..
14:35 fridolin soorry im quite buzy
14:35 Joubu QAers, nothing else to add?
14:36 Joubu #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:36 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 July 2017)
14:36 Joubu subtopic?
14:36 Joubu #subtopic REST api
14:36 Joubu no
14:37 thd Some things are sadly flat ;(
14:37 Joubu #topic REST api
14:37 Topic for #koha is now REST api (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 July 2017)
14:37 Joubu tcohen: ?
14:38 tcohen a while back I tried to propose what's on the wiki, but the meeting didn't take place
14:38 tcohen I basically propose myself to coordinate the efforts to move the REST api patches
14:38 tcohen this means:
14:38 Joubu yes it did, but we were 2...
14:38 tcohen - put all the pieces together
14:39 tcohen - create a more detailed doc with details of the needed endpoints and the current implemetnation statuses
14:39 tcohen many of them are already in BZ but need to be refactores
14:39 tcohen d
14:39 tcohen I don't think it is something to be voted
14:40 tcohen I'm just proposing people interested on the REST api evolution
14:40 tcohen can contact me to organize tasks
14:40 tcohen and provide the community with more fine grained details of the goals
14:41 tcohen #info We need to push bug 18137 so we move to the new OpenAPI plugin, and all endpoints submitted to bugzilla will need to be refactored (minor changes)
14:41 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18137 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, lari.taskula, Passed QA , REST API: Migrate from Mojolicious::Plugin::Swagger2 to Mojolicious::Plugin::OpenAPI
14:41 Joubu you have on the kanban ([…]-rm-1711/epic/34) a list of people that said they are interested in helping the REST api work
14:42 Joubu if you add a task or let a comment, they will be notified
14:42 tcohen Joubu: yes, thanks!
14:42 tcohen OpenAPI requires some dependency changes, Mirko has them packaged already
14:43 tcohen I will try to submit a followup adjusting the deps versions to what Mirko answered
14:43 tcohen so pushing it doesn't yield any inconsistency
14:44 tcohen comments?
14:44 wahanui comments are turned on
14:44 Joubu As I said last week I push to master on your go
14:44 tcohen #info people interested on the REST api evolution should add thmeselves to the REST epic in Kanban and/or contact tcohen
14:45 kidclamp tcohen++
14:45 tcohen Joubu: thanks, I'll ask Mirko to update the unstable repo so we don't break people's dev environments
14:45 tcohen that's all about REST
14:45 tcohen frmo me
14:45 marcelr tcohen++
14:45 Joubu #topic Development environment
14:45 Topic for #koha is now Development environment (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 July 2017)
14:46 Joubu tcohen again?
14:46 tcohen Yup
14:46 tcohen I've been trying to set a more productive dev environment
14:46 tcohen thinking of baking it into kohadevbox too
14:47 tcohen I tried the following editors/IDEs
14:47 Joubu yes that would be great
14:47 tcohen - Visual Studio Code
14:47 tcohen - Sublime 3
14:47 tcohen - Atom
14:47 tcohen - Komodo IDE
14:47 tcohen - Eclipse
14:48 tcohen remote debugging Perl apps requires using a bridge lib that implements some remote debugging abstract protocol
14:48 tcohen and translates to perl -d
14:48 Joubu - Vim
14:48 tcohen Joubu: yes, Vim too
14:48 Joubu seen the wiki page, right?
14:48 wahanui I haven't seen 'the', Joubu
14:49 tcohen Joubu: yes
14:49 tcohen https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]/Debugging_in_VIM
14:49 tcohen #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]/Debugging_in_VIM
14:49 tcohen the remote debugger lib implements the xdebug protocol
14:49 tcohen people interested should google for xdebug support
14:50 tcohen I will send an informative email I think
14:50 tcohen so, to sumarize
14:50 tcohen remote debugguing cli scripts is pretty straightforward
14:50 tcohen what's more difficult is to do it on a running Plack
14:50 tcohen that's what I've been playing with
14:51 tcohen and I submitted a patch for the koha-plack script
14:51 tcohen #link bug 18964 proposes adding a --debugger switch to koha-plack
14:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18964 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , koha-plack should have a --debug switch
14:51 Joubu You managed to make it work under plack?
14:52 tcohen somehow
14:52 tcohen IDE integration was not ideal
14:52 tcohen I think it is a bug in the connector
14:52 tcohen the main complication is URI mapping
14:52 tcohen it is tricky and I think there's a bug in the connector
14:52 tcohen BUT
14:53 tcohen using  $DB::single = 1; on the line you want to stop at
14:53 tcohen you can effectively inspect variables, evaluate things, etc
14:53 tcohen my koha-plack tweak is not intended for a specific tool
14:53 tcohen is it just making starman run in single thread mode
14:54 tcohen and wrapping all the env needed to make it connect to the remote debugger
14:54 tcohen starting the debug session
14:54 deb-CSPL joined #koha
14:54 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
14:54 Joubu I will take a look this week
14:54 tcohen anyone willing to put their eyes on koha-plack --debugger, please contact me
14:54 tcohen or comment on bugzilla
14:55 tcohen I would love to have it in master and be able to add to kohadevbox tools to make it accessible to anyone
14:55 tcohen sorry to take the stage for this ling
14:55 tcohen *long
14:55 Joubu #topic help update the manual
14:55 Topic for #koha is now help update the manual (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 July 2017)
14:56 Joubu From cait:
14:56 Joubu We are looking for volunteers to help update the manual, please get in touch or just give it a try (see Editing the Koha Manual for instructions)
14:56 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_the_Koha_Manual
14:56 Joubu #info We are looking for volunteers to help update the manual, please get in touch
14:56 LeeJ Also I created a quick YouTube video that shows the edit process
14:56 LeeJ the video is linked in the Editing the Koha Manual wiki
14:57 Joubu LeeJ++
14:57 Joubu #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:57 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 July 2017)
14:57 Joubu something?
14:57 wahanui something is probably fishy
14:57 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
14:57 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 July 2017)
14:57 kidclamp I am working with Khall towards getting ES sandboxes setup
14:57 kidclamp you are fast man :-)
14:58 Joubu nothing on the agenda man :)
14:58 kidclamp I wanted to say any comments on bug 18948
14:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18948 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Needs Signoff , Elasticsearch - Reindexes should use aliases to avoid down time while reindexing
14:58 kidclamp or bug 18950
14:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18950 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Needs Signoff , Elasticsearch - Add password access for admin functions
14:58 kidclamp woudl be appreciated, these will both ease testability of ES
14:59 kidclamp I will try to send an updated ES status soon - stil things to work on, but I am excited about possibilities
14:59 kidclamp thanks Joubu
14:59 Joubu kidclamp: could you add the new ES bug to the kanban?
14:59 Joubu I did it few weeks ago
14:59 kidclamp can do
14:59 Joubu It helps to have a good overview of what is in the bug report
15:00 LeeJ if it's alright I'd like to also point out I'm working with cait on getting the Koha manual command line method integrated in kohadevbox
15:00 TGoat joined #koha
15:00 Joubu LeeJ: do you have a link?
15:01 LeeJ Joubu: the steps to setup for working with the command line method are in the Editing the Koha Manual wiki
15:01 LibraryClaire left #koha
15:02 Joubu to integrate in kohadevbox, did not you open an issue on the github?
15:02 Joubu of KohaDevBox
15:02 LeeJ Joubu: ah! yes I misunderstood! One moment
15:02 LeeJ Joubu:
15:03 Joubu #link
15:03 Joubu thx
15:03 Joubu Next meeting: August 9, 21 UTC?
15:03 Joubu We were 2 at the last 21UTC meeting
15:04 LeeJ1 joined #koha
15:04 tcohen Joubu: 21 is the time I pick Manuel
15:04 meliss joined #koha
15:05 kidclamp 21 is to catch NZ folks I think, 22 maybe?
15:05 Joubu #info Next meeting: August 9, 22 UTC
15:05 Joubu #endmeeting
15:05 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is | kanban is[…]rm-1711/wiki/home
15:05 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jul 26 15:05:59 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:05 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-07-26-14.00.html
15:05 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]7-07-26-14.00.txt
15:05 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]26-14.00.log.html
15:06 tcohen cool :-D thanks kidclamp
15:06 tcohen Joubu++
15:06 thd 21 or 22 UTC is more likely to be a conflict for me than earlier hours.
15:06 eythian wahanui: forget a kanban
15:06 wahanui eythian: I forgot kanban
15:06 mveron Joubu++
15:06 LeeJ Joubu++ # for putting up with everyone's shenanigans
15:06 eythian wahanui: forget \a kanban
15:06 wahanui eythian, I didn't have anything matching \a kanban
15:06 eythian wahanui: kanban is <reply>[…]ha-rm-1711/kanban
15:06 wahanui OK, eythian.
15:07 kidclamp Joubu++
15:07 kidclamp Joubu++
15:07 LeeJ kidclamp: maybe put Joubu in a for loop?
15:08 Joubu with a not $joubu->burning_out condition
15:09 Joubu To make things clear: I will not push anything "big" until I do not have a BIG F!!** RED BUTTON to get attention on something
15:11 thd Joubu: Only rest, relaxation, and sleep protect against burn out.  Above all sleep.  [I have been well past burn out point in the past month and a half helping my neighbour who could not even let visiting nurses into the building herself.]
15:12 LeeJ Joubu: yes...with that not condition!
15:15 Joubu I cannot sleep more, trust me. And I am not going to burn out either, no worries :)
15:15 eythian Joubu: sounds like you have time for porting koha to perl 6.
15:15 thd :)
15:16 Joubu I was more thinking about Java
15:16 Joubu or Pascal, to make things fun
15:16 mveron Basic?
15:16 eythian been a good year or 15 since I've done pascal in anger.
15:17 thd If BASIC had the equivalent of CPAN we would all still be using it ;)
15:19 mveron APL? -[…]ramming_language)
15:19 * mveron did his very first programming with APL
15:21 Joubu kidclamp: To me the "assign to" of the kanban is not the one from BZ. If the card is in "Ready for test" the assignee is the one who is going to test it
15:22 thd I grew up with the MELVYL system using APL created by the California Digital Library as an automation system for the University of California and other state libraries.
15:23 Freddy_Enrique uhm... did the meeting end
15:23 Freddy_Enrique ?
15:23 kidclamp Ah, okay, I misunderstood
15:23 thd Freddy_Enrique: yes
15:24 Freddy_Enrique ^_^
15:28 mveron For your OPAC customization: Maybe you can find some inspiration here: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_customized_OPACs
15:28 mveron ...and here: http://manual.koha-community.o[…]5/en/impopac.html
15:29 mveron Freddy_Enrique: ^
15:30 Freddy_Enrique mveron: thanks, ill take a look and see what happens :)
15:31 mveron Welcome :-)
15:35 * thd needs to try returning to sleep to have any chance of being productive later today.
15:40 fridolin left #koha
15:43 jbeno joined #koha
15:53 laurence left #koha
15:55 Freddy_Enrique if I want to change font and color do I need to tocuh this file? opac.css?
15:55 Freddy_Enrique touch*
16:00 eythian don't touch installed files
16:00 eythian I think there's a syspref that allows you to provide your own CSS file
16:00 eythian if you edit existing files, they may be overwritten when you next upgrade.
16:04 jbeno1 joined #koha
16:07 Freddy_Enrique eythian: got it
16:20 mveron Freddy_Enrique: Use OPACUserCSS if you want to define styles (colors) for OPAC, or use opaclayoutstylesheet to point to a CSS file on your Koha server
16:22 Freddy_Enrique mveron: Do you recommend a particular software to make changes to this file?
16:23 Freddy_Enrique Wait, my bad. Not gonna change it directly, first I'm gonna make a copy of it
16:33 Freddy_Enrique I found it here /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/bootstrap/css/opac.css
16:35 Freddy_Enrique if i were to change it to custom_opac.css, then I should point it using opaclayoutstylesheet indicating that name?
16:37 jac joined #koha
16:59 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 18966: Do not deal with duplicate issue_id on checkin <[…]c48014fce8bc17eec> / Bug 18931 - Follow up - Typo fix in template for holds <[…]531aad6b3e1e665f3> / Bug 18931: (followup) Tidy text <[…]it;a=commitdiff;h
17:02 dcook joined #koha
17:02 Joubu @later tell fridolin for the next release, you should pick bug 18910 as well
17:02 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
17:02 Joubu @later tell cait for the next release, you should pick bug 18910 as well
17:02 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
17:03 Joubu @later tell mtj for the next release, you should pick bug 18910 as well
17:03 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
17:11 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 18910: Revert "Bug 18152 : fix unimarc label in SetMarcUnicodeFlag" <[…]3a34a749f4e87da84> / Bug 18910: Revert "Bug 18152: Add tests" <[…]a24340564f61cd5e7>
17:12 cait joined #koha
17:17 * cait waves
17:17 Joubu hi cait
17:18 cait just got your later - cooking dinner, then checking on the bugs and meeting logs
17:23 cait jzairo: around?
17:23 cait just saw the email from gitlab
17:23 jzairo cait
17:23 jzairo I am
17:39 * LeeJ waves to cait
17:39 Joubu lari++
17:39 LeeJ cait: I put in a plug at the dev meeting about the kohadocs integration into devbox :)
17:40 kmlussier joined #koha
17:45 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 18976: (follow-up) Fix t/db_dependent/Search/History.t cleanup <[…]d29fff8bc963e5291> / Bug 18976: Fix t/db_dependent/Auth.t cleanup <[…]0dd3c5d757aba3a19> / Bug 18977: Rollback branch in t/db_dependent/SIP/Message.t <
17:55 cait LeeJ++ :)
17:56 cait I mentioned your youtube video
17:56 cait wrote sth for the next what#s on
18:01 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #229: ABORTED in 1 hr 3 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/229/
18:01 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 18982: Remove data in the correct order
18:01 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 18931: Add a "data corrupted" section on the about page - MySQL AI
18:01 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 18931: Add items/deleteditems tables
18:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18982 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , selenium tests needs too many prerequisites
18:01 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 18931 - Follow up - Typo fix in SQL statement
18:01 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 18931: (followup) Tidy text
18:01 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 18931 - Follow up - Typo fix in template for holds
18:01 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 18966: Do not deal with duplicate issue_id on checkin
18:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18931 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Add a "data corrupted" section on the about page
18:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18966 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Move of checkouts - Deal with duplicate IDs at DBMS level
18:05 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15140 (QA Followup) lowercase the search index <[…]1751fada84e5c4b61> / Bug 15140: Display $i when ind2==8 <[…]dd4eae7e28d53a60a> / Bug 15140: Add MARC21 776 to OPAC and staff display <[…]mmitdiff;h=7b7ffe
19:03 LeeJ have a good night #koha
19:12 kmlussier joined #koha
19:24 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #230: ABORTED in 1 hr 22 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/230/
19:24 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 18910: Revert "Bug 18152: Add tests"
19:24 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 18910: Revert "Bug 18152 : fix unimarc label in SetMarcUnicodeFlag"
19:24 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 18977: Rollback branch in t/db_dependent/SIP/Message.t
19:24 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 18976: Fix t/db_dependent/Auth.t cleanup
19:24 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 18976: (follow-up) Fix t/db_dependent/Search/History.t cleanup
19:24 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 15140: Add MARC21 776 to OPAC and staff display
19:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18910 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Regression: Z39.50 wrong conversion in Unimarc by Bug 18152
19:24 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 15140: Display $i when ind2==8
19:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18152 major, P1 - high, ---, stephane.delaune, Pushed to Stable , UNIMARC bib records imported with invalid 'a' char in label pos.9
19:24 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 15140 (QA Followup) lowercase the search index
19:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18977 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, lari.taskula, Pushed to Master , Rollback branch in t/db_dependent/SIP/Message.t
19:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18976 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, lari.taskula, Pushed to Master , Fix t/db_dependent/Auth.t cleanup
19:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15140 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to Master , Add MARC21 776 to OPAC and staff display
19:25 Joubu ^ some tests do not clean up correctly and the selenium tests fail. The patron categories are created with big integer in the fields *fee
19:27 Bmagic joined #koha
19:41 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 17829: Execute rollingloans tests in a transaction <[…]309c3b1c031aec770>
19:53 kathryn joined #koha
20:10 JesseM joined #koha
20:15 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:33 lisettelatah joined #koha
20:33 kmlussier joined #koha
20:36 caboose-_ joined #koha
21:02 kmlussier joined #koha
21:26 TGoat joined #koha
21:29 wizzyrea hi
21:29 wahanui hello, wizzyrea
21:40 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #231: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/231/
21:40 jenkins Jonathan Druart: Bug 17829: Execute rollingloans tests in a transaction
21:40 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17829 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Move GetMember to Koha::Patron
22:52 Francesca joined #koha
23:13 cait joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary