IRC log for #koha, 2017-05-23

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:04 alexbuckley joined #koha
01:52 Kafilini joined #koha
03:36 Kafilini joined #koha
05:09 cait joined #koha
05:15 sophie_m joined #koha
05:21 mveron-away joined #koha
05:21 mveron-away Good morning / daytime #koha
05:46 mveron-away @wunder Allschwil
05:46 huginn_ mveron-away: Error: No such location could be found.
05:48 * mveron looks out of the window. Tiny layer of white clouds, blue sky visible.
06:05 magnuse joined #koha
06:05 laurence joined #koha
06:06 ashimema @wunder stevenage, uk
06:06 huginn_ ashimema: Error: No such location could be found.
06:25 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:33 * magnuse waves
06:36 paul_p joined #koha
06:37 * mveron waves back
06:46 alex_a joined #koha
06:46 alex_a bonjour
06:46 magnuse god morgen alex_a
06:50 alex_a salut magnuse
06:51 fridolin joined #koha
06:51 fridolin hie tehre
06:53 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:09 mveron Meeting...
07:09 wahanui i guess meeting is in two days, i thought was tomorrow. plenty of time then
07:10 wilfrid joined #koha
07:31 oha o/
07:33 greenjimll joined #koha
07:48 baptiste joined #koha
07:54 reiveune joined #koha
07:55 reiveune hello
07:59 atheia joined #koha
08:26 alex_a joined #koha
08:31 eythian hi
08:31 wahanui salut, eythian
08:37 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:37 gaetan_B hello
08:46 cait joined #koha
09:01 sonOfRa joined #koha
09:12 Infra_3600 joined #koha
09:30 alex_a joined #koha
09:31 Kafilini joined #koha
09:55 Kafilini joined #koha
10:02 JoshB joined #koha
10:03 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
10:05 Bhootrk_ joined #koha
11:01 khall joined #koha
11:37 oleonard joined #koha
11:40 oleonard Hi all
11:42 meliss joined #koha
11:44 Dyrcona joined #koha
11:49 khall joined #koha
11:49 NateC joined #koha
12:00 kidclamp joined #koha
12:00 nengard joined #koha
12:02 alex_a joined #koha
12:12 khall joined #koha
12:21 edveal left #koha
12:21 edveal joined #koha
12:33 eythian[…]0/?type=3&theater <-- cait
12:38 Joubu kidclamp: around?
12:38 kidclamp o/
12:38 Joubu kidclamp: maybe a bit too early for me, but I do not understand barton's comment on bug 18651
12:38 huginn_ Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18651 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Move of checkouts is still not correctly handled
12:39 Joubu well actually yes I understand it, but what he describes must be fixed (by 18242)
12:40 Joubu on the other hand I admit I completely failed to fix the original problem we found yesterday, but fixed 3 others...
12:40 kidclamp that was going to be my question for you though :-) doesn't the scenario I described yesterday shwo that 18242 doesn't always work?
12:40 kidclamp hah!
12:40 oha joined #koha
12:40 kidclamp exactly, he wants to fix the original
12:40 kidclamp also, barton, maybe you want to jump in
12:40 barton looking at 18242...
12:40 Joubu I think what bartin describes is fixed
12:41 kidclamp hmmm
12:42 barton kidclamp: look at https://bugs.koha-community.or[…].cgi?id=18242#c21
12:42 huginn_ Bug 18242: critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Move of checkouts to old_issues is not handle correctly
12:43 kidclamp he is describing the same thing I described in my email
12:44 barton Joubu, does 18242 fix the auto_increment itself?
12:45 Joubu barton: 18242 executes the move in a transaction (avoid data lost) and will check if the id already exists in old_issues
12:45 Joubu if already exists, the id is changed to MAX(issue_id) FROM old_issues
12:45 Joubu +1 !
12:45 kidclamp but that number may already exist in issues, and the update fails
12:46 Joubu max(issue_id) from old_issues + 1 cannot exist
12:46 kellym joined #koha
12:47 Joubu it's max +1 :)
12:47 kellym left #koha
12:47 Joubu ha in issues
12:47 kidclamp but we are changing the issue_id before the move right?
12:47 Joubu yes, but that does not matter
12:47 kidclamp so we try to update, and it fails
12:47 Joubu ha...
12:47 Joubu reading the code
12:47 tcohen joined #koha
12:48 marcelr joined #koha
12:48 marcelr hi #koha
12:48 Joubu indeed
12:48 Joubu this sounds very stupid :)
12:48 Joubu hi marcelr
12:48 marcelr hi Joubu
12:49 marcelr could you pass qa on the moremembers bug
12:50 Joubu marcelr: nope :p
12:50 Joubu we do not need this variable
12:50 marcelr why not?
12:50 marcelr i remember crashing on it
12:50 Joubu marcelr: 290 $template->param(%$data);
12:51 Joubu need patron's info, there are either picked from borrower.$field, or $field
12:51 Joubu in moremember we have $field, because of l.290
12:51 Joubu we just need to reset the state to the one before the patron's club ft
12:51 Joubu and so delete the line
12:51 tcohen good catch, Joubu
12:51 marcelr ok
12:51 Joubu unless you see something I don't
12:52 marcelr will adjust it (again)
12:52 tcohen I didn't understand where it was being populated
12:52 eythian hi marcelr
12:52 marcelr hi
12:52 wahanui salut, marcelr
12:52 marcelr will restart a plack a few times ;)
12:52 Joubu kidclamp: ok will write a patch, sounds fun...
12:52 kidclamp heh
12:53 barton Joubu, I'd be more comfortable if we updated the new issue_id in old_issues to IF( max(issues.issue_id) > max(old_issues.issue_id), max(issues.issue_id), max(old_issues.issue_id) ), *and* set the auto_increment to that + 1, in a single transaction.
12:54 mveron joined #koha
12:54 mveron Hi again #koha
12:55 barton morning mveron!
12:55 mveron good afternoon barton :-)
12:56 barton heh.
13:00 marcelr mveron: 18647 was not trivial after all
13:00 marcelr that trivial
13:01 JoshB joined #koha
13:04 jenkins joined #koha
13:05 marcelr khall: when do you exactly plan to release this week (if etc.) ?
13:06 tcohen 26th
13:07 marcelr friday morning, afternoon ?
13:07 mveron marcelr: Nope. But I was totally wrong if I read back the logs...
13:07 marcelr hi mveron
13:07 mveron Daag marcelr :-)
13:08 mveron Wat een weertje vandaag...
13:08 khall marcelr: probably late on friday. I'll be in the middle of moving into a new house
13:09 marcelr good timing :)
13:09 marcelr will be qaing on friday morning then
13:10 marcelr mveron: the summer is this week in europe
13:11 kmlussier joined #koha
13:11 talljoy joined #koha
13:11 * mveron sends some ice cream...
13:11 twojoy joined #koha
13:41 JoshB_ joined #koha
13:42 barton Joubu, I just got to thinking about the fix you describe in bug 18242. We need to think about what that does to accountlines.
13:42 huginn_ Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18242 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Move of checkouts to old_issues is not handle correctly
13:42 Joubu barton: done on 18651
13:43 barton ok, just making sure :-).
13:49 Joubu barton, kidclamp: should be ok now
13:49 barton Joubu++
13:56 cait hm lots of errors in our rss form the result list
14:14 oleonard cait: Validation errors, or broken?
14:16 cait validation errors
14:17 cait an the library says that it's not recognized by a feed reader, i have asked for more information about what they use
14:17 eythian presumably running it through a validator will tell you what's up
14:19 cait yep they did that
14:20 cait does not validate, just wondering if it might be fixed in newer versions, will have to check that later
14:22 cait oleonard++ eythian++
14:23 oleonard Looks like 16.11 is better:[…]c%26format%3Drss2
14:24 cait yep
14:24 cait good to know!
14:26 fridolin left #koha
14:32 kellym joined #koha
14:39 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #179: ABORTED in 1 hr 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/179/
14:40 jenkins joined #koha
14:44 baptiste :q
14:45 LibraryClaire left #koha
14:45 JoshB joined #koha
14:47 kellym left #koha
14:49 JoshB_ joined #koha
15:00 TGoat joined #koha
15:04 reiveune bye
15:04 reiveune left #koha
15:22 Joubu khall: I am not sure I understand your comment on bug 18651
15:22 huginn_ Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18651 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Move of checkouts is still not correctly handled
15:23 Joubu which loop are you talking about?
15:25 khall Joubu: added a splinter review to the bug
15:28 Joubu khall: I do not think we could have a race condition, the whole sequence is executed inside a transaction
15:29 khall Joubu: it would be two separate processes running that code simultaneously. One would win, and the other would attempt to insert a duplicate issue_id into old_issues
15:32 Joubu ok got it
15:33 Joubu then we could use the LOCK TABLE trick we used for notices
15:33 Joubu in SendCirculationAlert
15:34 khall Joubu: yes, that sounds like a good solution!
15:35 khall Joubu: sometimes I wonder if we should just merge the old_issues table with the issues table. It seems like we really jump through hoops that we shouldn't have to
15:35 Joubu yes of course we should
15:35 khall put that in Taiga and I'll take it ; )
15:35 Joubu merge all of the old_ & deleted_ tables
15:36 khall agreed
15:36 Joubu I already tried several times to raise the problem on the list, but it does not interest a lot of people
15:37 khall Joubu: I'd be happy to do that work as part of my community volunteering
15:38 Joubu noted
15:47 * mveron has just filed bug 18662 - but no time to sort it out
15:47 huginn_ Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18662 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Can not delete any curreny (used by Koha::Acquisition::Booksellers=HASH(0xec48a4c) vendors)
15:47 * mveron is called
15:55 * Joubu takes it
15:58 laurence left #koha
16:08 rocio joined #koha
16:32 kellym joined #koha
16:52 greenjimll Just tried the patch for bug 18662 on our Koha test instance and it seems to work OK (by following the test plan of create a new currency and then delete it).
16:52 huginn_ Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18662 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Can not delete currencies
16:53 cait cool
16:53 cait then you can sign off :)
17:07 greenjimll Ah, looks like it already is signed off. I didn't realise anyone could sign off - sorry.
17:08 JoshB joined #koha
17:25 kellym joined #koha
17:26 kellym left #koha
17:37 cait left #koha
17:37 oleonard Just had an interesting phone call with someone at Midwest Tapes to talk about the API for their Hoopla product.
17:38 oleonard It's not as full-featured as I hoped, I think in part because they initially developed it with Sirsi's needs in mind.
17:38 lari_ joined #koha
18:28 atheia left #koha
18:54 paul_p joined #koha
19:12 oleonard kidclamp++ # thanks for the dev meeting reminder
19:14 * kidclamp has to remind kidclamp too
19:19 Joubu kidclamp, tcohen: bug 18600 and bug 18663 fixes 2 jenkins failures, very easy
19:19 huginn_ Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18600 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Missing db update for TalkingTechItivaPhoneNotification
19:19 huginn_ Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18663 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Missing db update for ExportRemoveFields
19:34 Joubu kidclamp, tcohen: and bug 18664
19:34 huginn_ Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18664 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , IssueSlip.t is failing - IssueSlip should return if params are not valid
19:45 cait joined #koha
19:48 tcohen later #koha
20:06 Joubu @later tell tcohen bug 18289 comment 3
20:06 huginn_ Joubu: The operation succeeded.
20:16 TGoat joined #koha
20:27 kellym joined #koha
20:27 kellym left #koha
21:00 rangi hmm josef isnt on irc eh?
21:01 cait not often, sometimes
21:01 cait was at the last meetings
21:01 rangi do you know their nick?
21:03 cait not without looking in the logs :)
21:04 rangi :)
21:04 rangi was just gonna up the karma they signed off the workaround patch already
21:08 bag heya cait
21:08 cait hey bag :)
21:10 nuentoter joined #koha
21:11 Joubu rangi: josef_moravec++ :)
21:12 edveal left #koha
21:13 rangi josef_moravec++
21:19 Francesca joined #koha
22:10 eythian Yo rangi
22:13 KatieCPL joined #koha
22:16 KatieCPL Hello all, our library is beginning the process of creating genre sections for some of our adult ficiton section. As a cataloguer, what is the easiest way to edit our current records for our patrons to be able to search/locate by genre? Would it have to be a call number change? Create new collection codes? Any ideas are appreciated.
22:17 KatieCPL BRB, I have to switch computers...
22:17 rangi heya eythian
22:17 wahanui i heard eythian was Time's Person of the Year for 2006.
22:18 rangi eythian: this had just popped up in my timeline again for some reason[…]epreserve#lessons
22:26 eythian Neat
22:31 Katie_CPL joined #koha
22:31 rangi hi Katie_CPL
22:31 rangi I would use collection codes
22:31 Katie_CPL Hello all, sorry for the delay.
22:31 cait collections are easy to search for from the advanced search
22:31 cait that's a definite plus
22:32 Katie_CPL CCodes was what I was thinking too. We are trying to not have to change the spine labels. We plan on adding genre labels instead.
22:32 cait if you need more than one per item, maybe subjects - but not as easy to search from advanced search
22:33 Katie_CPL We are trying to place each item under only one genre. We were going to use primary the 655 field as our guide.
22:33 cait makes sense
22:33 cait brb
22:34 Katie_CPL Yeah, collections seem to be easy for the KOHA search engine
22:35 rangi useful trivia, Koha is a māori word, not an acronym so you don't have to capitalise it (unless you really really really want to ;))
22:35 Katie_CPL Lol, Rangi. Good to know. :)
22:37 Kafilini joined #koha
22:37 Katie_CPL Speaking of the Koha search engine, our library has been experiencing a hard time since migration last year with the search parameters being too vague. It will pull words like 'the' and 'an', and it won't pick your exact string of words as a top result. Is there a way to reconfigure this or is it a bug?
22:38 cait try taking a look at the parameters under search in administration
22:38 rangi do you have fuzzy or stemming switched on in the systempreferences? there are a few settings there, I would try changing them
22:38 rangi and see if you get better results
22:38 cait yep
22:39 rangi yeah, what cait said
22:39 cait hehe
22:39 cait queryautotruncate
22:39 wahanui i guess queryautotruncate is your usual suspect when something goes wrong
22:39 cait and fuzzy
22:39 cait i think are good candidates to start with
22:39 Katie_CPL Aha, I will try those things. Thank you all so much for the help. :)
22:39 cait you are welcome
22:40 cait :)
22:40 * cait has to go to sleep - bye #koha
22:40 rangi cya cait
23:18 Francesca joined #koha
23:24 kathryn joined #koha
23:25 kathryn joined #koha
23:33 dilan joined #koha
23:45 dilan joined #koha
23:49 dilan joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary