IRC log for #koha, 2015-01-23

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:21 eythian 3.18.03 packages uploading
00:38 dcook eythian++
00:49 eythian master packages uploading
01:20 rocio left #koha
01:24 rangi ouch
01:24 rangi that doesnt sound great
01:24 rangi also
01:25 dcook ?
01:25 dcook ww?
01:25 rangi[…]nuary/041856.html
01:27 tcohen joined #koha
01:29 wizzyrea that is probably not the way I would have gone about that.
01:29 wizzyrea but... I was trained by the best so...
01:30 rangi yeah
01:31 rangi those are pretty average instructions
01:31 rangi the first line is do this on a test install first
01:31 rangi i mean that's what it should be
01:32 eythian well, two problem they've got are looking in /var/lib/mysql and expecting it to make sense, and loading stuff into mysql as the root user
01:35 dcook I was wondering why they were looking in /var/lib/mysql rather than checking it through the mysql interface...
01:35 rangi yeah
01:36 dcook Sounds like they didn't create the koha_paclibrary mysql user...
01:36 dcook Or do the grants
01:36 eythian the instructions suggested a package install
01:36 eythian which would have done it for them
01:36 dcook I was just about to ask why they didn't do a package backup
01:36 eythian however, if they've dropped it, the grants have gone
01:37 dcook Mmm, yeah, right
01:37 dcook package install and they wouldn't even need to worry
01:37 rangi yeah
01:38 dcook Who's familiar with huginn?
01:38 dcook Actually, it's probably already a quote
01:42 rangi hmm
01:42 rangi @quote search TEST
01:42 huginn rangi: 3 found: #195: "jcamins: libsysguy's test plans all involve...", #222: "jcamins: test patches, don't feed trolls.", and #275: "<oleonard> I know a unit test for a flat cookie..."
01:42 rangi nope
01:51 huginn wizzyrea: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
01:51 huginn wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.  Quote #313 added.
01:51 wizzyrea \o/
02:35 dcook yay wizzyrea!
02:51 tcohen joined #koha
02:56 mtj hi tcohen, rangi, you pinged before..
02:56 rangi i sent you an email :)
02:56 mtj yep, read, will do
02:57 mtj ..thanks for the heads-up
02:57 tcohen hi mtj
02:57 tcohen i just wanted to mention that there's only a java runtime and a "jenkins" user on the jenkins nodes
02:58 tcohen with the public key for the jenkins server to access, implanted
02:58 tcohen all the magic is on the jeknins configuration
02:58 mtj aah, ok
02:59 tcohen if you take a look, I used some variables to handle specific paths, and also i used a specific schema for the dir names
02:59 tcohen (and now virtualhost definitions)
02:59 tcohen koha_version
02:59 tcohen koha_3.16, koha_master
02:59 * dcook should look at jenkins one of these days...
03:00 mtj tcohen:  where do i take a look?
03:02 tcohen mtj, i'm trying to figure how to give you access
03:02 mtj buy hey, lets not worry about this for now tcohen
03:04 mtj .. im happy to bump this to next month/release
03:05 tcohen mtj, let me know anything you'd like to do, I'll try to help you accomplish it
03:05 tcohen i already set several tests to run against apache on jenkins, next step is set it to run arachni and OWASP test suites against it too
03:06 * eythian notes that it's beer o'clock
03:06 dcook Wha?
03:06 * dcook wishes it were beer o'clock in oz
03:06 eythian right as I started being productive on something...
03:07 dcook Although I haven't eaten lunch so maybe not...
03:07 dcook eythian should stay until it's time for dcook's beer o'clock
03:07 * dcook nod nod
03:07 * eythian thinks not
03:07 dcook Probably not a good idea to stay
03:07 * dcook needs to be productive
03:07 dcook It might be telling that my test file was "stormageddon.txt"
03:08 dcook Or maybe that just means too much Doctor Who
03:08 * dcook still thinks it's "stormageddon" would be a perfectly reasonable name for an enfant...
03:16 chrisvella94 joined #koha
04:17 talljoy joined #koha
04:18 chrisvella94 joined #koha
05:04 mtj i have a Q about bug 5511
05:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5511 normal, P5 - low, ---, amitddng135, Pushed by Module Maintainer , Check for Change in Remote IP address for Session Security. Disable when remote ip address changes frequently.
05:05 mtj what happens to it now?
05:06 mtj MM has pulled it to his branch and then... tcohen will pull it to 'master' branch?
05:09 mtj ..just curious, (i dont think i've spotted a MM pushed bug yet)
05:11 mtj i was going to reply on the list - but i dont know the answer
05:19 chrisvella94_ joined #koha
05:58 rangi yep exactly that
06:15 mtj cool, ta chris
06:21 cait joined #koha
06:41 BobB_ joined #koha
06:49 chrisvella94 joined #koha
06:49 * magnuse waves
07:30 liw joined #koha
07:30 laurence joined #koha
07:34 liw joined #koha
07:35 * cait waves
07:35 cait what does the fox say?
07:35 wahanui
07:39 magnuse lol?
07:41 reiveune joined #koha
07:41 reiveune hello
07:49 chrisvella94_ joined #koha
07:55 dcook night all :)
07:56 alex_a joined #koha
07:57 alex_a bonjour
07:57 wahanui hello, alex_a
08:03 fridolin joined #koha
08:03 fridolin hie community
08:08 sophie_m joined #koha
08:10 magnuse bonjour france
08:10 magnuse @wunder boo
08:10 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is -5.0°C (8:50 AM CET on January 23, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 43%. Dew Point: -16.0°C. Windchill: -14.0°C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
08:10 magnuse @wunder marseille
08:10 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Realtor, CABRIES, France is 0.3°C (9:04 AM CET on January 23, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 97%. Dew Point: 0.0°C. Windchill: 0.0°C. Pressure: 29.88 in 1012 hPa (Rising).
08:11 magnuse ooh, that's not too hot
08:11 magnuse hope you are saving some heat for the beginning of march
08:15 mtj hey peeps, can anyone recommend a good android phone series?
08:15 mtj im having a look about for myself
08:16 * mtj <- 1st time smartfone buyer
08:17 mtj ive been amazed at how much bang-for-buck the cheap fones are?!
08:19 mtj anyhoo.. ill try and get some advice from #koha peeps, over the next week..
08:23 mtj i'm a big fan of 'elephone',  atm
08:23 mtj
08:24 mtj ..i played with my dad's g6? over xmas - super impressed
08:29 paul_p joined #koha
08:31 alex_a joined #koha
08:55 Mahdi joined #koha
08:57 atheia joined #koha
09:00 Joubu hello #koha
09:00 Joubu rangi: still awake? :)
09:06 paul_p hi #koha
09:09 Mahdi joined #koha
09:16 cait joined #koha
09:29 bensinober joined #koha
09:34 Mahdi joined #koha
09:44 magnuse paul_p++ for the hackfest spreadsheet! :-)
09:46 Mahdi joined #koha
09:57 tom joined #koha
10:23 Joubu magnuse: I added a link on rest rfc wiki page to the discussion Tomas start in july: http://lists.koha-community.or[…]-July/040640.html
10:23 Joubu started*
10:31 magnuse excellent!
10:31 Mahdi joined #koha
10:31 * cait waves
10:31 cait just got out of the weekly koha meeting :)
10:41 magnuse alive? ;-)
10:46 Mahdi joined #koha
10:53 ashimema morning
10:54 magnuse kia ora ashimema
10:54 magnuse ashimema: did you get the @later from pianohacker and why are you missing from the marseille spreadsheet? ;-)
10:57 ashimema skI did indeed :)
10:58 ashimema Still need to book my accommodation for hackfest.. been debating how long I should come with bubs on the way very soon.
10:58 ashimema also.. need to poke Colin and Alex to register properly.. alex at least is all booked.
10:58 magnuse yay
10:58 magnuse bubs?
10:59 magnuse oh well, lunchtime
10:59 wahanui lunchtime is a terrible time for a meeting
10:59 magnuse it sure is
11:03 ashimema bubs, english slang term for baby
11:05 ashimema silyl question.. do we use modal dialogue in koha staff client anywhere.. I can't think of any at the minute?
11:05 ashimema I thoug the select library peice might be a modal.. but it appears not :(
11:29 magnuse ah, congrats!
11:30 magnuse i can't think of any modals
11:34 Joubu ashimema: yep, I used it for bug 11395
11:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11395 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , Batch modifications for records
11:34 Joubu git grep GB_showCenter
11:34 ashimema cheers Joubu..
11:35 ashimema they're relatively easy to get your head around.. just wanted ot make sure I was following our own style :)
11:35 ashimema I'm all for keeping code relatively standardised ;)
11:47 Mahdi joined #koha
12:10 kivilahtio when was the Koha hackfest?
12:10 kivilahtio ashimema: what do you mean with "modal"?
12:10 kivilahtio I already got the link but misplaced it :(
12:10 ashimema modal.. a dialogue that pops up
12:10 ashimema[…]cript.html#modals
12:11 kivilahtio thanks
12:11 ashimema no worries
12:11 magnuse kivilahtio: the hackfest is 2. - 6. march
12:11 kivilahtio ok. I need to write a travel permission request
12:11 kivilahtio magnuse: can you post the link again?
12:15 gerundio joined #koha
12:18 magnuse kivilahtio: i think this is the most official: http://lists.koha-community.or[…]ember/041008.html
12:18 magnuse no blog post yet, i thinl
12:19 magnuse or think
12:22 Mahdi joined #koha
12:25 kivilahtio thanks!
12:27 tcohen joined #koha
12:29 magnuse kia ora tcohen
12:29 magnuse we'll be staying at the same hotel in marseille :-)
12:32 kivilahtio I might go to hotel sylvabelle again :)
12:32 kivilahtio if it is still standing :)
12:33 magnuse they might have torn it down because you stayed there? ;-)
12:33 kivilahtio magnuse: well.. ...
12:34 kivilahtio you got me there
12:37 tcohen morning magnuse
12:37 tcohen YAY
12:38 ashimema ?
12:46 meliss joined #koha
12:47 * cait waves
12:50 * magnuse waves
12:50 ashimema may get you to test some stuff for accessibility at some point if that's ok cait.. not for a while though ;)
12:51 ashimema Or perhaps you could talk me through what to look for.. I'm never all that good at that side of stuff
12:56 collum joined #koha
12:57 Mahdi joined #koha
13:05 Mahdi joined #koha
13:05 Mahdi joined #koha
13:06 tcohen hi cait
13:13 Joubu khall: did you see my comments on bug 13040 before you changed the status?
13:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13040 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, Failed QA , Improve exporter to allow multiple branch selections
13:14 khall Joubu: you mean the checkbox/select issue?
13:15 Joubu khall: yep
13:16 Joubu What is your thinking about that?
13:16 khall yeah, I didn't weigh in because koha-qa failed before I even got to look at it. TT invalid errors
13:16 Joubu k
13:17 Joubu khall: Actually I let the status to SO, to get other QA pov, maybe should have switched to in discusion
13:17 khall Joubu: I'd think your plugin with the checkboxes may work, but I think we'd need to A/B both variations. The one strong point of the checkboxes is we could *possibly* restyle them to not be a long list.
13:18 khall however, since I didn't even see it in action, I'm unable to make that call.
13:18 khall let me see if I can fix up the failures
13:27 khall Joubu: can you point me to the code where you make use of the select with checkboxes? I know it was in the system prefs, but I can recall exactly where it is
13:27 khall s/can/cannot
13:30 Joubu khall: koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/e​n/modules/admin/ search for "multiple"
13:30 khall thanks!
13:30 Joubu khall: commit 2a69a2c826c91258728a2bd5b4be3316a43a0f3
13:30 cait ashimema: i can't test myself - we asked the library to do that in the past
13:30 cait but let's talk about it and see what i can do
13:34 Mahdi_ joined #koha
13:37 magnuse[…]ary-chooses-koha/ <-- now with a longer summary in english!
13:38 magnuse sub++
13:41 edveal joined #koha
13:42 khall Joubu: I'd say it doesn't look to great with the multi-select plugin:[…]5fe2/00000013.png
13:47 fridolin me releasing 3.14.13
13:47 tcohen fridolin++
13:48 fridolin FYI Bug 12428 was passed QA. since it was made not for master but 3.16 and below i've set its status to "pushed to stable"
13:48 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12428 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Stable , "OPAC info" is not displayed in the OPAC
13:48 JoshB joined #koha
13:54 oleonard joined #koha
13:55 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.18.3 is released! Welcome to the IRC home of Koha | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | The next Koha General IRC meeting is 11 February 2015 at 19 UTC | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
13:57 magnuse fridolin++
13:59 cait khall: maybe just needs an align left?
13:59 oleonard Hi #koha
14:03 Mahdi joined #koha
14:04 cait hi oleonard
14:05 khall cait: yeah, but there are other potential problems as well, I left a not on the bug
14:05 cait oleonard: what do you think about bug 13040?
14:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13040 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, Passed QA , Improve exporter to allow multiple branch selections
14:05 khall oleonard: see[…]5fe2/00000013.png for other option
14:05 cait hm which versions released now since yesterday?
14:06 cait do we have a 3.16?
14:08 NateC joined #koha
14:09 oleonard I like the simpler solution better. I don't think this needs a multi-select.
14:09 oleonard I don't have 40 branches in my test system, but I would think it would scale up just fine
14:12 Joubu khall: it's weird, the pref display looks good
14:13 khall yeah, not sure what's going on there
14:13 Joubu khall: did you include the css file?
14:13 khall yep
14:14 Mahdi joined #koha
14:17 * magnuse wanders off to make pizza
14:30 carmen joined #koha
14:32 ashimema oleonard.. any thoughts on hinting regarding inline editing?
14:32 ashimema the quotes editor gives a wordy description..
14:32 ashimema above the table
14:33 oleonard ashimema: meaning, How to make it clear to the user that something is editable inline?
14:33 ashimema yup
14:34 oleonard khall, Joubu: Lots of export checkboxes with some style added:
14:34 khall oleonard++ !
14:34 khall that looks great!
14:34 ashimema in most other apps I work with the majority of the interface is editable inline.. so we just 'hint' that something is or is not editable by adding a underline or similar
14:35 fridolin 3.14.13 is out
14:35 khall love the Arkansas line! ; )
14:35 ashimema :)
14:35 ashimema did HEA make it in?
14:35 Joubu oleonard: looks beter, thanks!
14:35 oleonard khall: Just showing what it would look like with a long branch name ;)
14:35 * oleonard has never actually been to Arkansas
14:36 khall that's what I figured ; )
14:37 oleonard ashimema: I think inline editing is still new interface territory. I don't think there is an established pattern that many users will have encountered
14:37 ashimema k
14:37 oleonard ashimema: My instinct would be to seek out good examples outside of Koha
14:37 ashimema I'll stick some hinting in, and add a description below too
14:38 ashimema I have good examples outside.. it was more inside koha I was interested in ;)
14:38 ashimema and of course.. koha has no inline editing.. (bar quotes)
14:41 atheia joined #koha
14:53 cait hi atheia :)
14:54 Mahdi joined #koha
15:09 fridolin left #koha
15:27 * jcamins sings the IE song.
15:27 jcamins ie--
15:27 jcamins ie--
15:27 jcamins ie--
15:27 jcamins ie--
15:27 jcamins ie--
15:27 jcamins ie--
15:27 jcamins ^^ the song
15:27 Joubu ie--
15:27 jcamins @karma ie
15:27 huginn jcamins: Karma for "ie" has been increased 0 times and decreased 18 times for a total karma of -18.
15:30 Joubu khall: Is there something voted about tidying files? I don't understand why you tidied on bug 13517.
15:30 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13517 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Show waiting date on reserve/
15:32 khall I was under the understanding that tidying became a non-issue when we discovered git can ignore whitespace changes for blaming
15:32 khall really, I tidy'd it because it was hard to read in its original form
15:33 Joubu I am not sure it's a good idea, it will cause conflicts on other patches
15:34 Joubu moreover the indentation is quite correct on this file
15:40 thd-away` joined #koha
15:40 cait jcamins: nice photo :)
15:41 cait khall: i think perltidy can also change how the lines break - so that -w wouldn't help in that case
15:42 khall cait: in some cases, but by largely it's just whitespace
15:43 rocio joined #koha
15:49 bag khall: did piano submit some of that api and angular circ yesterday night?
15:50 khall not sure, I'll have to look into it
15:52 khall not that I'm seeing
15:56 cma joined #koha
16:05 cma Hi all--would someone be able to clue me in as to why facets would be completely missing from the catalog in a "fresh" dev install of 3.18.2?  I say "fresh" because I'm upgrading from 3.01 so I ported my database.
16:05 cma What's weird is they're there on my test server.
16:06 khall cma: are you set for dom indexing, or grs?
16:07 cma dom, because the installer saidgrs is deprecated
16:07 cma said grs, that is
16:08 cma and I'm following my install notes from the test server, so it should be the same.  Is there a syspref or cronjob involved?  I don't recall having to do anything to make it work on the test server, but I haven't set up any cronjobs yet on this server.
16:09 TGoat joined #koha
16:09 khall cma: go to the about page in the staff side, see what it says about your facets
16:11 reiveune bye
16:11 reiveune left #koha
16:11 cma i don't see anything at all in there about facets
16:11 khall I was thinking maybe it was the new zebra facets
16:13 khall do you have <use_zebra_facets>1</use_zebra_facets> in your koha conf?
16:14 Mahdi joined #koha
16:14 cma maybe you're right...on the *test* server under System information it says "The <use_zebra_facets> entry is missing in your configuration file.  Falling back to legacy facet calculation."
16:14 cma On the new server it says nothing on that tab.
16:16 khall cma: are they running the same version of koha?
16:17 cma yeah.
16:18 cma but the test server was running master for a while, so it might have been installed before the new zebra facets were added, hence the missing config entry
16:19 khall that would make sense
16:40 cma ah-ha--I think this is what I need.[…]g_to_dom_indexing  Thanks khall for the clue!
16:40 khall np!
16:44 Mahdi joined #koha
16:58 jcamins cait: thanks.
17:01 edveal joined #koha
17:14 Mahdi joined #koha
17:18 TGoat joined #koha
17:31 cait left #koha
17:31 Mahdi joined #koha
17:33 Mahdi_ joined #koha
17:45 Mahdi joined #koha
17:47 laurence left #koha
17:58 Mahdi joined #koha
18:05 Dyrcona joined #koha
18:19 cait joined #koha
18:29 rocio joined #koha
18:29 Mahdi joined #koha
18:47 Mahdi joined #koha
18:57 edveal left #koha
19:11 Mahdi joined #koha
19:30 Mahdi joined #koha
19:41 mtompset joined #koha
19:42 mtompset Greetings, #koha. :)
19:42 meliss joined #koha
19:42 meliss joined #koha
19:57 talljoy1 joined #koha
20:19 edveal joined #koha
20:30 mtompset Have a great weekend, #koha.
20:43 carmen joined #koha
20:46 meliss joined #koha
21:25 rocio1 joined #koha
21:50 NateC joined #koha
21:51 NateC joined #koha
21:53 cait left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary