IRC log for #koha, 2014-06-03

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 eythian dcook: We do, koha-common.
00:02 eythian Ubuntu is moving to systemd in the future, as is Debian. However they'll have SysV compatibility for a long long time I expect.
00:02 tcohen both Debian and Ubuntu are moving away from upstart, in favour of systemd
00:02 tcohen ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that
00:02 tcohen heh
00:09 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #662: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 14 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]master_maria/662/
00:09 jenkins_koha Owen Leonard: Bug 12308 - show all title subfields on the holds list
00:09 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12308 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , show all title subfields on the holds list
00:16 tcohen joined #koha
00:19 tcohen night #koha, really bad connectivity time (currently mobile)
00:19 eythian later
00:29 dcook joined #koha
00:58 wizzyrea joined #koha
01:10 rocio left #koha
01:13 * wizzyrea waves
01:13 dcook yo wizzyrea
01:13 dcook How've you been?
01:14 wizzyrea well, busy :)
01:15 dcook Good busy?
01:20 wizzyrea yeah I think so, how about you?
01:22 * mtj_ waves to wizzyrea, dcook, eythian
01:22 mtj_ hiyas :0)
01:23 wizzyrea hi mtj_ :)
01:24 dcook wizzyrea: Mmm, up and down, but up at the moment :)
01:24 dcook yo mtj_
01:25 mtj_ ...reading the scroll-back, i didnt know debian was even using upstart
01:26 eythian It's not
01:26 mtj_ aah :)
01:26 eythian I'm not sure what it actually does use, might be plain old sysv
01:27 mtj_ yeah, thats what i thought
01:27 dcook I think everything I've ever played with used sysv :S
01:27 mtj_ ...with some recent vote to switch to systemd
01:29 * dcook actually has no idea aside from the vote now
01:34 mtj_ hey eythian: do you know of a clever way to make rows delete/expire after a certain 'age', in mysql?
01:34 mtj_ you mentioned something about it re: the carousel a few weeks ago..?
01:34 eythian there's not really such thing, short of having a date field in them and either searching and deleting ones older than a certain time, or excluding them from SELECT queries.
01:35 mtj_ ah, righto
01:36 mtj_ i had a google about, and didnt find much myself... other than mysql 'EVENT' stuff..
01:36 mtj_ which seemed a little brittle
01:37 mtj_ i might just go for an easy-peasy nightly cron
01:37 eythian yeah. On the surface though it looks like the event stuff may work. I wonder if it persists database dumps.
01:38 mtj_ you need a magic --event arg for mysqldump, afaik
01:39 eythian ah, that could be a problem. Yeah, I'd go for a cron job then
01:40 mtj_ ta :)
01:46 edveal joined #koha
01:49 SpaceLibrarian_home joined #koha
01:50 rangi oh hey its spacelibrarian!
01:50 eythian I assume that "home" means like the ISS or something, it's the only thing that makes sense.
01:50 wizzyrea spacelibrarian!
01:53 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1852: STILL UNSTABLE in 2 hr 59 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1852/
01:53 jenkins_koha Owen Leonard: Bug 12308 - show all title subfields on the holds list
01:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12308 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , show all title subfields on the holds list
02:07 SpaceLibrarian_home joined #koha
03:24 cait joined #koha
03:56 tgoat joined #koha
03:57 pianohacker joined #koha
03:58 pianohacker hi all
04:01 mtj_ hey jesse
04:03 mtj_ hmm, now time for a coffee-run...
04:06 * cait waves
04:17 eythian hi cait
04:17 eythian a bit early don't you think
04:17 cait hi eythian
04:17 cait oh i agree
04:17 cait but the train won't wait for me to be awake i think
04:18 cait annual library conf this week
04:18 cait left #koha
04:26 chris_n joined #koha
04:31 dcook Oh sweet jesus...I actually understand how to read an ISO marc record now...
04:31 * dcook isn't sure that he wants this...this...whatever it is
04:31 dcook Also, 'yaz-marcdump' is handy as
04:36 eythian ha ha
04:38 eythian[…]apas-collections/
04:38 eythian though, BY-NC-ND is not my favourite license.
04:38 tgoat joined #koha
04:42 wizzyrea nc-nd is really restrictive
04:42 wizzyrea I actually had a go at the creative commons fella a year or so ago regarding NC
04:43 wizzyrea and what exactly it meant for people/companies
04:47 wizzyrea it turns out it means almost exactly what we think it does, and it's exactly as fuzzy as we think it is.
04:48 eythian oh yeah, I remember a few years ago them trying to pin down what it meant
04:48 eythian Like, could you post it to your blog if your blog had ads?
04:49 wizzyrea can a for profit company ever use it, even if it doesn't directly make them money?
04:49 wizzyrea he didn't have an answer because no one has ever challenged it.
04:50 eythian I think a lot of people assume that it means you can't sell it, but that's not at all clear.
04:55 dcook Hmm, appears that Yaz doesn't look it when you have a datafield longer than 9999 octets
04:55 dcook s/look it/like it/
04:56 dcook Even though I think the MARC spec says that there are no length limits beyond the 99999 record length
05:07 eythian[…]inux-desktop.html <-- that looks nifty (for what I assume is still in alpha.)
05:10 paxed dcook: sounds like a typo (either a missing 0 or a 9)
05:11 dcook paxed: Sorry?
05:15 paxed nvm
05:18 mtj_ hiya paxed, congrats on your koha go-live :)
05:18 dcook[…]/bddirectory.html
05:18 dcook ^
05:18 dcook Oh didn't end, paxed? ;)
05:18 mtj_ ...hope its all going smoothly, on your 1st day
05:24 dcook Neato. I just edited Wikipedia for the first time ever...
05:25 dcook I would've done it in uni but I lived with a lot of other students and someone had managed to get the whole IP address range blocked...
05:26 laurence joined #koha
05:36 eythian anyone using Koha to track specimen/sample collections rather than bibliographic collections?
05:36 * dcook definitely didn't read that as "specimen"
05:36 dcook We have a library that tracks toys
05:43 eythian Hmm, that's possibly similar, although I imagine in this case they'd need more extensive metadata. It seems to me that replacing the MARC framework, and replacing the XSLT should get it 99% of the way to their requirements.
05:47 dcook O_o
05:48 dcook I suppose in terms of data entry and display
05:48 dcook What about indexing?
05:48 eythian oh yeah, I forgot about that.
05:49 dcook I wonder what might bust by not having a valid MARC blob a swell
05:49 dcook as well*
05:49 eythian Maybe elasticsearch will be near enough to ready by then, its indexing is database driven.
05:49 eythian i.e. what fields map to what is easier to configure.
05:50 dcook Yeah, I was thinking something like Solr or Elasticsearch would make the indexing dead easy
05:51 dcook Weren't we talking about a move to metadata independence anyway?
05:51 eythian that is probably a much longer, harder road.
05:51 dcook Oh absolutely :)
05:52 eythian My thinking about doing that sort of thing with ES is just to map everything to MARC when you index.
05:52 eythian though in the future it'd be possible to put anything in there.
05:52 dcook I suppose mapping to marc could work, although those mappings would be pretty arbitrary, yeah?
05:52 eythian yeah
05:52 dcook But if you're mapping to marc, you could probably do it with Zebra as well
05:53 dcook Although I suppose in either case you'd also have to change your search templates
05:53 eythian I find zebra to be pretty opaque when it comes to that sort of thing, mostly because I don't understand it very well.
05:53 dcook Not necessarily that hard to do that though..
05:53 * dcook ponders
05:54 dcook Well, in Zebra you have named indexes. Those should be matched to bib-1 attributes in bib1.att
05:54 dcook Map your ccl to your bib-1 attributes in, change your template, and you're golden
05:54 * dcook would think
05:55 eythian complications would come with things like the GetTitle function, but there's not many of them, and if you based your new framework around MARC21, it wouldn't be terrible.
05:55 dcook Ah, I guess you'd have to update your records.abs or your bib-blahblah.xml as well
05:55 dcook If you wanted to map particularly
05:55 dcook Yep
05:56 dcook MarcSubjects, MarcNotes
05:56 dcook But you could probably bend those to purpose as well
05:56 dcook Of course, this all sounds like a bit of a maintenance nightmare, but it could probably be done
05:57 eythian Well, ideally it'd be just configuration changes on top of stock Koha.
05:57 eythian maybe custom translations.
05:58 dcook Could be. I suppose it's tough to say without knowing the full requirements.
05:58 dcook Our toy folks also have books, so they just bend MARC to purpose with the toys
05:59 eythian yeah, we don't have them yet either, we're still at a speculation stage.
05:59 dcook It's mostly title, physical description, and notes anyway
05:59 dcook But yeah, specimen/sample collection...could be more detailed
05:59 dcook I wonder sometimes how systems like ICA-AtoM are set up for that
06:00 dcook I suppose that might presuppose a certain amount of archival standards though
06:00 dcook Just like Koha presupposes library standards
06:02 paxed dcook: world didn't end, no, but it's touch and go ...
06:02 eythian dcook: that's pretty much how ICA-AtoM works
06:05 dcook eythian: In terms of archival standards or...?
06:05 eythian yeah, archival standards
06:05 dcook paxed: Fingers crossed for you guys!
06:05 dcook eythian: Yeah, makes sense.
06:05 paxed dcook: i've still got about half a dozen bugs or other annoyances i should put up on the bugzilla
06:06 dcook paxed: That's not too bad at all. I have at least half a dozen on my local tracker waiting to go up ;)
06:06 paxed like, bug 12354 - which is currently on our system as hard-coded if-statements ...
06:06 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12354 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, Needs Signoff , Prevent reserving items based on item field values
06:10 paxed also, i'm off for summer vacay today, so i'm leaving it all on kivilahtio... may he have fun.
06:11 dcook Enjoy your summer :). I think it's finally turning into winter here...
06:13 Viktor joined #koha
06:13 dbs paxed: enjoy your vacation!
06:14 dcook dbs: Surely your summer vacation must be coming up as well?
06:15 dbs eh, maybe in July
06:15 paxed dbs: thanks - i will. :-}
06:17 eythian yay, I now have basic search back with elasticsearch. There's even a chance it'll now work with advanced search.
06:17 * dbs goes to enjoy sleep
06:17 eythian 'query' => '(book) AND and (rose) AND and ()',
06:17 eythian yeah nah
06:18 eythian that's not going to work
06:18 eythian where do all those 'and's come from...
06:19 dcook bizarre O_o
06:19 * dcook wonders why a ° is screwing up his record...
06:20 dcook I might the bizarre for your "and" though, eythian :p
06:20 eythian heh
06:20 dcook Although I find mine bizarre too
06:23 eythian ah, I think I have an undef leaking in somewhere.
06:24 eythian causing a join to go a step too far
06:24 eythian no, it's not that...
06:25 eythian erk, that can be a tomorrow job, I have to leave now anyway.
06:25 eythian later
06:26 dcook night
06:31 * magnuse waves
06:34 dcook hey magnuse :)
06:37 reiveune joined #koha
06:37 reiveune hello
06:37 wahanui hello, reiveune
06:38 ashimema morning all
06:38 ashimema evening for those about to leave ;)
06:39 magnuse hiya reiveune and ashimema
06:39 reiveune salut magnuse dcook
06:50 alex_a joined #koha
06:50 alex_a bonjour
06:50 wahanui what's up, alex_a
07:04 magnuse bonjour alex_a et matts
07:04 alex_a hello magnuse
07:07 matts hello !
07:13 pianohacker I need to go to bed and beat on z39.50 in the morning
07:13 pianohacker good night all
07:22 pianohacker joined #koha
07:22 jseplae joined #koha
07:22 paul_p joined #koha
07:24 paul_p hello world
07:26 magnuse bonjour paul_p
07:27 fridolin joined #koha
07:31 fridolin hie all
07:32 magnuse bonjour fridolin
07:33 fridolin bonjour magnuse, bonne journée à toi
07:34 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:34 gaetan_B hello
07:38 sophie_m joined #koha
08:02 paxed grmbl.
08:02 paxed patron goes and renews most of his books in opac. comes to library during the same day and checks out one book. the quick slip prints all of those books instead of just the one checked out today. blah!
08:24 paul_p joined #koha
08:53 magnuse welcome back barton
08:58 BobB joined #koha
09:00 cait-m__ joined #koha
09:05 magnuse joined #koha
09:05 * cait-m__ waves
09:38 magnuse joined #koha
09:43 paul_p joined #koha
09:44 cait joined #koha
09:45 cait hi #koha
09:49 magnuse hiya cait
09:49 cait hiya
09:49 cait my first train today got cancelled.. bit of an odyssey
09:49 cait but... i fund a shop that sells peanut butter cups and one of the stations :)
09:55 magnuse woohoo!
09:55 magnuse that is worty of an odyssey!
09:55 magnuse *worthy
09:55 cait well.. it certainly cheered me up :)
09:55 magnuse :-)
09:56 cait ben and jerry's icecream with peanut butter cups.
09:59 cait but now air condition is broken
09:59 cait ...
10:27 barton thanks magnuse!
10:27 barton (day late and a dollar short)
10:52 cait left #koha
10:54 Viktor joined #koha
11:14 collum joined #koha
11:16 NateC joined #koha
11:20 * magnuse does a little happydance
11:38 cait joined #koha
11:42 * cait waves from the train
11:43 * paxed waves from a stationary train
11:43 * paxed grumbles something about faulty, broken railroad equipment
11:44 * cait grumbles about cancelled trains? :)
11:52 * magnuse waves to cait and paxed on their trains
11:53 * cait waves at magnuse :)
12:00 meliss joined #koha
12:03 ashimema joined #koha
12:04 BobB joined #koha
12:11 pablito joined #koha
12:16 pablito hi all
12:16 pablito does anyone here have some experience with OAI-PMH in Koha?
12:18 oleonard joined #koha
12:20 oleonard Hi #koha
12:21 Viktor Hi all!
12:21 wahanui yeah, yeah, hello, hello. Now fix some bugs for me, please.
12:23 paul_p joined #koha
12:24 Viktor Is anyone else annoyed to loose all settings of advanced search if it returns no results and having to start over?
12:24 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:27 cait Viktor: yes
12:28 Viktor Sort of glad to hear it's not just me cait. But was hoping there was something I just didn't get :)
12:29 Viktor I created a bug for it (12356) but think it's a bit over my head.
12:30 cait Viktor: i think using the back button you lose the url parameters
12:30 cait maybe you need to ue a cookie for storing the settings instead
12:30 cait yeah above mine too
12:30 cait i had definitely libraries asking for that
12:31 ashimema us too
12:31 Viktor I'm guessing that the fact that an empty URL gives advanced search is one piece of the puzzle.
12:32 Viktor But even if you give a parameter to set normal/advanced mode you would have to create logic to pre fill all fields of advanced search. Which could be a bit of work if you added extra fields in the original search I guess.
12:33 Viktor I'll poke around a bit with it but I'm more expecting to learn a little bit about search than actually getting anything done...
12:34 cait i think the problem is that if you go back, the browser won't know
12:34 cait which is what people do
12:34 cait they do a search, get no results and then use the back button
12:34 cait and then i think only a cookie might help
12:34 oleonard Cookies usually help.
12:36 cait1 joined #koha
12:36 Viktor A different angle on the problem cait - but a good one too :)
12:37 Viktor It seems passing idx or q to search gives simple search and all other cases advanced.
12:39 cait1 ashimema++
12:42 cait1 if you are interested in searching
12:42 cait1 maybe take a look at the manual - there is a chapter about search
12:42 cait1 and how you can also do an expert search
12:42 cait1 typing things like ti=something and au=someone
12:46 Viktor I do think that I could learn to ones I need most often. But for opac and partly in staff too I'd like advanced search to be a little friendly and not make me start over when :)
12:47 cait1 you ar right about that :)
12:47 cait1 just thouht it might be helpful to learn a bit more :)
12:48 Viktor You are quite right. I'd like all three: learning to search without need for advanced search, cookies helping the back button stay working and advanced search actually keeping my settings.
12:49 Viktor I'll go stick my head in some code for a while :)
12:49 cait1 have fun :)
12:49 Viktor Thanks for the input guys!
12:49 cait1 don't get lost
12:50 Viktor I'll be careful :)
12:55 magnuse
12:55 wahanui i think is full of bees.
12:55 magnuse yeah, be careful!
12:57 yohann joined #koha
12:59 talljoy joined #koha
13:03 magnuse @wunder boo
13:03 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 20.0°C (2:50 PM CEST on June 03, 2014). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 40%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1020 hPa (Steady).
13:03 magnuse w00t!
13:10 cait joined #koha
13:17 paul_p @wunder grenoble
13:17 huginn paul_p: The current temperature in Grenoble / St. Geoirs, France is 22.0°C (3:00 PM CEST on June 03, 2014). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 27%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Falling).
13:17 druthb @wunder 77098
13:17 * paul_p at Koha 2014 symposium
13:17 huginn druthb: The current temperature in Greenway Plaza, Houston, Texas is 23.9°C (8:17 AM CDT on June 03, 2014). Conditions: Rain. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 23.0°C. Pressure: 29.96 in 1014 hPa (Falling).
13:22 pablito joined #koha
13:22 pablito anyone have experience converting Dublin Core to MARC?
13:32 rocio joined #koha
13:52 nengard joined #koha
13:57 kmlussier joined #koha
14:10 nengard left #koha
14:18 edveal joined #koha
14:19 edveal About to head to day to of Musuem hill training.
14:19 edveal talljoy can we skype real fast.
14:19 talljoy sure
14:33 druthb_away joined #koha
14:58 tgoat joined #koha
15:06 tgoat joined #koha
15:10 bag hello
15:10 wahanui hey, bag
15:13 reiveune bye
15:13 reiveune left #koha
15:25 paxed ok, our little library project got just mentioned in national news.
15:26 Pabloab joined #koha
15:28 yohann left #koha
15:35 tcohen joined #koha
15:35 tcohen morning
15:36 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
15:36 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Bo Alto de San Martin, Cordoba City, Argentina is 21.1°C (12:35 PM ART on June 03, 2014). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 48%. Dew Point: 10.0°C. Pressure: 29.71 in 1006 hPa (Falling).
15:46 tcohen gmcharlt jcamins: would you take a look at bug 12347
15:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12347 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Search performance improvements
15:52 gaetan_B bye!
15:54 sophie_m joined #koha
15:57 laurence left #koha
16:04 ashimema anyone here using the indexdata repo's?
16:04 tcohen +lkntr
16:04 tcohen ghyw
16:04 ashimema I'm getting 404's on them today when trying apt-get
16:05 sophie_m joined #koha
16:15 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted "QueryParser tests fail on Ubuntu 14.04 (presumably Perl 5.18)" (38 lines) at
16:17 fridolin see you all
16:17 fridolin left #koha
16:26 magnuse bag: HI
16:26 wahanui bonjour, magnuse
17:03 bag magnuse: HI
17:03 wahanui que tal, bag
17:05 magnuse bag: if you are interested in libraries and rdf, you might want to keep an eye on - it's early days yet, but it's a beginning
17:06 bag cool
17:08 magnuse for now, it's something petter hacks on when he has to wait for more data from their old ils, but it will get more attention when all the preparations for the migration is "done"
17:13 pianohacker joined #koha
17:14 pianohacker @seen oleonard
17:14 huginn pianohacker: oleonard was last seen in #koha 4 hours, 39 minutes, and 21 seconds ago: <oleonard> Cookies usually help.
17:14 SherryS joined #koha
17:17 pianohacker @later tell oleonard Hey, quick question for ya. On line 1042 of staff-global.css, there's a rule to right-align table headers in dialogs. What was the reasoning behind that?
17:17 huginn pianohacker: The operation succeeded.
17:26 Viktor joined #koha
17:40 SherryS left #koha
17:50 Viktor joined #koha
18:11 hankbank joined #koha
18:33 Viktor joined #koha
20:06 rangi morning
20:12 Dyrcona Afternoon, rangi. ;)
20:13 cait joined #koha
20:19 rangi after all this dickish behaviour by well dicks, I think we probably should adopt a Code of Conduct
20:20 rangi for koha events
20:20 rangi and i think copying would be a very good start
20:22 jcamins rangi: I thought we adopted a code of conduct?
20:22 cait hm?
20:22 rangi did we? that would be awesome
20:22 rangi but i cant recall us doing that
20:22 cait hm I don't think we formally did
20:22 cait maybe something for th enext irc meeting?
20:23 jcamins rangi: if not, we certainly should.
20:23 rangi yeah i cant see anyone having any objections
20:23 jcamins If you add it to the agenda, I will put my +1 on the wiki, since I won't be able to make the meeting tonight.
20:23 rangi ill put it on the agenda
20:24 cait oooh
20:24 cait it's to night?
20:24 cait ugh
20:24 cait when?
20:24 jcamins cait: uhhh... half hour?
20:24 cait oh
20:24 jcamins Hour and a half?
20:24 cait now decide please :)
20:24 jcamins What time is it?
20:24 jcamins I have no idea.
20:24 rangi looking it up now
20:25 rangi yep 1.5 hours
20:25 jcamins It is 20:24.
20:26 cait not sure i will make it that long
20:26 cait it was tooo early today
20:26 rangi[…]3_and_4_June_2014
20:27 cait so the other one is tomorrow then?
20:27 cait confusing :)
20:28 cait hm i think I won't make the one tomorrow for sure, the conference is still running then
20:28 rangi added to the agenda
20:29 cait :)
20:29 cait i forgot to deprecate something this time... ah wrong meeting anyway
20:29 cait and i think i amrunning out of things to deprecate :)
20:32 jcamins Entered apologies and entered a +1 on the code of conduct.
20:34 jcamins And I would like to repeat myself over again.
20:35 gmcharlt @later tell tcohen I'll be looking at search tomorrow
20:35 huginn gmcharlt: The operation succeeded.
20:47 cait hi gmcharlt
20:48 gmcharlt hi cat
20:48 gmcharlt er, cait
20:48 cait thx for doing qa :)
20:49 rangi[…]73928290504151040
20:49 rangi boo yah
20:49 cait wohoo!
20:50 cait hlt++
20:52 jcamins hlt++
20:58 gmcharlt hlt++
20:58 pianohacker woo!
20:58 pianohacker hlt++
21:04 pianohacker wow. Has anyone looked at openstreetmap lately?
21:04 pianohacker New interface is fancy
21:07 NateC joined #koha
21:26 rangi[…]efs/heads/MM-OPAC
21:26 rangi sending tcohen a pull request now
21:27 cait rangi++ :)
21:29 magnuse hlt++
21:29 magnuse rangi++
21:29 magnuse hm, am i the only one still doing the [SIGNED-OFF] thing on patches?
21:30 Guest12483 joined #koha
21:30 rangi it doesnt hurt for you to do that, but you might be
21:32 pianohacker imo except for the patches that have gigantic test plans attached, I can usually tell pretty quick from the signoff on the bottom and the different username on bugzilla
21:32 magnuse hehe, i might consider dropping it then :-)
21:33 cait ido passed qa stil
21:33 cait if that helps :)
21:33 magnuse i usually forget anyway, and then do an extra --amend to add it
21:38 pastebot "magnuse" at pasted "test all the (dbic) things!" (55 lines) at
21:38 magnuse rangi: if you have a moment, could you have a look and tell me if that looks completely bonkers?
21:39 magnuse i felt pretty clever when i realised i could do
21:39 magnuse my $db = Test::MockModule->new('Koha::Database');
21:39 magnuse $db->mock( _new_schema => sub { return Schema(); } );
21:39 rangi yep you sure can
21:40 magnuse but mocking a "private" sub like that might be a cardinal sin or something...
21:41 rangi i think its ok
21:43 magnuse yay :-)
21:44 cait magnuse++ :)
21:45 cait night all
21:45 wahanui goodnight cait. You'll be back.
21:45 cait left #koha
21:45 sophie_m joined #koha
21:46 magnuse rangi: thanks, i'll submit all of it soon, hopefully this week, and see what happens :-)
21:46 magnuse have fun #koha!
21:46 rangi sweet
21:47 magnuse oh btw rangi, you might want to keep an eye on
21:47 rangi ohh interesting
21:47 wahanui rumour has it interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
21:47 rangi i sure will
21:47 magnuse it's early days yet, but it is the beginnings of something that will become really cool :-)
21:48 * magnuse wanders off into the nightlight
22:04 rangi hmm meeting time
22:04 wahanui meeting time is always going to favour one section of the globe
22:04 rangi anyone want to chair or shall i?
22:05 rangi heh, maybe im meeting by myself
22:05 pianohacker hi rangi :)
22:05 rangi ah well a good meeting is a fast meeting
22:05 rangi #startmeeting General meeting
22:05 huginn Meeting started Tue Jun  3 22:05:51 2014 UTC.  The chair is rangi. Information about MeetBot at
22:05 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
22:05 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General meeting)
22:05 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_meeting'
22:06 rangi #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst, NZ
22:06 rangi #topic introductions
22:06 Topic for #koha is now introductions (Meeting topic: General meeting)
22:06 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
22:07 pianohacker #info Jesse Weaver, ByWater Solutions
22:07 jcamins #info Jared Camins-Esakov, C & P Bibliography Services (not absent after all)
22:07 rangi :)
22:07 rangi yay
22:08 rangi ok, we can move through the agenda and the second meeting can fill in the gaps
22:08 rangi #topic announcements
22:08 Topic for #koha is now announcements (Meeting topic: General meeting)
22:08 rangi #info The NZ TM has been registered and is being held in trust by HLT
22:08 rangi anything else?
22:09 pianohacker 3.16 was released, don't know it that qualifies
22:09 rangi we'll take it :)
22:10 rangi #topic update on releases
22:10 Topic for #koha is now update on releases (Meeting topic: General meeting)
22:10 rangi gmcharlt: are you about?
22:10 rangi i think you might be the only Rmaint around (if you are around)
22:10 gmcharlt yep
22:10 rangi anything to report on 3.16?
22:11 gmcharlt #info 3.16.1 will be released in mid-June; there will be some important bugfixes in it
22:11 rangi thanks
22:11 rangi ok, moving on
22:11 rangi #topic Code of Conduct
22:11 Topic for #koha is now Code of Conduct (Meeting topic: General meeting)
22:12 rangi #link
22:12 pianohacker I like the idea, but was this inspired by anything specific?
22:12 rangi I dont think we can vote on this yet, but there seems to be growing consensus, including from the conference organisers that this is a good idea
22:12 pianohacker okay, makes sense
22:12 rangi there have been some recent events
22:12 rangi that have solidified my desire anyway
22:13 * jcamins thought that there was a code of conduct already, but it would seem not.
22:13 rangi i fully expect us to not have to enact it, but if we need to, its too late to create one then :)
22:14 rangi im guessing some more discussion will take place that the next meeting, but id like to do a
22:14 gmcharlt a code of conduct has value even if it never gets invoked
22:14 rangi +1 #for a code of conduct
22:14 gmcharlt +1
22:14 pianohacker +1
22:14 jcamins +1
22:15 rangi we'll see what happens at the next meeting, then maybe post it on the wiki as a draft and perhaps vote on it next meeting
22:15 rangi (the next next meeting)
22:15 rangi :)
22:15 bgkriegel joined #koha
22:16 bgkriegel #info Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel, Argentina
22:16 rangi hi bgkriegel we are just finishing registering our support for a code of conduct
22:17 bgkriegel +1 of course
22:17 mtj_ #info Mason James, New Zeeland
22:17 mtj_ hi all :)
22:17 rangi #topic Kohacon14
22:17 Topic for #koha is now Kohacon14 (Meeting topic: General meeting)
22:18 rangi just in time bgkriegel :)
22:18 bgkriegel Hehe
22:18 bgkriegel Well, we have a meeting this morning, all seems right
22:18 bgkriegel asked tcohen about how many have registered so far
22:19 bgkriegel we are looking for translators (to english) for some spanish presentations
22:19 rangi ahhh
22:19 rangi i can order a beer, thats about the limit of my spanish im afraid
22:20 bgkriegel heh
22:20 bgkriegel and looking sponsors
22:20 bgkriegel but for now all is right
22:20 rangi have you had many people submit presentations?
22:21 bgkriegel not the exact number, four or five
22:21 rangi thats a good start
22:21 rangi cool
22:22 bgkriegel but there are time still
22:22 rangi please let us know if there is anything we can do to help
22:22 bgkriegel :)
22:22 bgkriegel yes, thanks
22:22 rangi ok
22:22 rangi #topic kohacon15
22:22 Topic for #koha is now kohacon15 (Meeting topic: General meeting)
22:22 rangi I see that there is a proposal from Nigeria, and an expression of interest from Zambia so far
22:23 rangi perhaps since the mailing list was playing up a bit last month
22:23 rangi we should do another post to the list?
22:24 mtj_ yeah, sounds like a good idea
22:24 nengard joined #koha
22:25 mtj_ perhaps just repost thd's email again?
22:25 rangi mtj_: would you be able to dig out thd's original mail and repost it?
22:25 nengard Hi everyone I'm in CA teaching a new Koha library - say hi
22:25 mtj_ yep, will do
22:25 rangi hi nengard (we are in meeting mode at the moment)
22:25 eythian hi
22:25 nengard Awesome!
22:25 wahanui That'll be $1 for the awesome jar, nengard
22:25 pianohacker hi nengard :)
22:25 rangi #action mtj_ is going to repost the call for conference organisers for kohacon15
22:25 eythian #info Robin Sheat, Catalyst IT, NZ
22:26 nengard #info Nicole Engard, ByWater Solutions
22:26 rangi #topic actions from the last meeting
22:26 Topic for #koha is now actions from the last meeting (Meeting topic: General meeting)
22:26 nengard #info 30+ California Librarians in Training
22:27 rangi afaik there are none
22:27 rangi anyone want to correct me?
22:28 * mtj_ looks...
22:28 mtj_[…]ting,_21_May_2014
22:29 mtj_ decide on a GBSD?
22:29 rangi hmm ill leave that for the 2nd meeting, for magnuse to decide :)
22:29 pianohacker should we wait until the dev meeting on the 11th?
22:29 rangi thats a good idea
22:30 rangi ok anyone have anything else before we move on to setting the time/date for the next one?
22:31 nengard Everyone here wants it on the record that they said Hi
22:31 mtj_ #action decide next GBSD at jun-11 dev meeting
22:31 rangi #topic date and time of next meeting
22:32 Topic for #koha is now date and time of next meeting (Meeting topic: General meeting)
22:32 pianohacker nothing for general meeting
22:32 nengard left #koha
22:33 rangi how about july 2nd and 3rd
22:33 rangi same times
22:34 rangi 22 UTC and 15 UTC
22:34 pianohacker sounds good
22:34 mtj_ +1 for me
22:35 bgkriegel +1
22:35 rangi +1
22:36 rangi right
22:36 rangi #agreed next general meeting 2 July 22 UTC and 3 July 15 UTC
22:36 rangi the next meeting can unagree that if they want :)
22:36 rangi #endmeeting
22:36 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.16.0 is available! Next general meeting is 3 and 4 June 2014 at 22:00 and 15:00 UTC. Welcome to the IRC home of Koha Please use for pastes.
22:36 huginn Meeting ended Tue Jun  3 22:36:46 2014 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
22:36 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-06-03-22.05.html
22:36 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]4-06-03-22.05.txt
22:36 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]03-22.05.log.html
22:36 rangi thanks all
22:37 bgkriegel rangi++
22:38 mtj_ ...and thank you rangi :)
22:38 rangi right time to go to the bakery for a custard twist
22:38 pianohacker I don't know what that is but it sounds wonderful
22:38 rangi mtj_++
22:39 rangi fast work
22:39 rangi
22:40 rangi like the lemon twist, but with custard not lemon
22:40 pianohacker oh my god
22:41 eythian you...don't have them?
22:41 eythian where on earth do you live?
22:41 eythian Antarctica?
22:41 pianohacker hahahahahaha
22:42 pianohacker don't think any of the nearby bakeries, have them, at least
22:43 eythian Sounds like a pretty deprived area you're in.
22:43 eythian I'd move if I were you.
22:43 pianohacker hahaha
22:43 pianohacker I'll just keep crying into my microbrew
22:43 eythian You only have one?
22:44 eythian Now you really should move.
22:44 pianohacker oh man...
22:45 eythian Wellington has now almost reached the point where if you throw a stone, you're likely to hit two breweries, rather than just one.
22:45 pianohacker I love local beer
22:46 eythian It goes well with custard twists.
22:46 pianohacker except for this one nearby that makes this... thing with an aftertaste of rotten banana peel
22:46 * pianohacker grunts as the knife is twisted deeper
22:47 eythian too much isoamyl acetate?
22:47 eythian though, that's more banana rather than rotten banana peel.
22:48 pianohacker yeah, their yeast might have went off on some crazy tangent, no idea, but it was terrible
22:48 eythian well, acetate comes from fermenting too hot, so that might be it, and the flavour combines with something else badly.
22:48 pianohacker acetate could have been a part of that, yeah
22:49 pianohacker you brew?
22:49 eythian No, just drink.
22:49 eythian (on day...)
22:49 eythian *one
22:49 pianohacker what kinds do you enjoy?
22:50 pianohacker I'm a big fan of stouts, saisons and wheats
22:51 eythian pretty much everything that's not a lager.
22:51 eythian but belgians and saisons are among the favourites.
22:51 pianohacker weird flavor at first but there's so much variety
22:53 eythian yeah, definitely.
22:54 eythian Also, we grow hops not too far from this area, so there's a lot of big hoppy *PAs too.
22:54 pianohacker nice
23:04 papa joined #koha
23:06 NateC joined #koha
23:34 dcook It's a bit late but +1 for code of conduct
23:35 dcook eythian: I'm thinking I need to visit Wellington...
23:36 eythian seems reasonable.
23:36 dcook I suppose a person could do a weekend, yet...I've never been to NZ so I'd want to take longer and don't have any more leave this year :(
23:36 dcook Plus, if you can hit 2 breweries per stone throw...
23:38 eythian A friend of mine has just signed the lease on a building to build another one.
23:40 eythian you could spend more than a weekend in Wellington no problem. Surely you can find some business reason to get flown over here on a Wednesday or so, back on the Monday-ish. :)
23:57 pianohacker hey, lazyweb, I'm unexpectedly in the market to replace my quickly degrading laptop. Any recommendations off the top of your head?
23:59 rangi i like my system76

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary