IRC log for #koha, 2013-03-19

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 NateC joined #koha
00:03 qu-bit joined #koha
00:04 oleonard joined #koha
00:05 oleonard Hi #koha
00:07 * jcamins waves
00:08 dcook hey ya oleonard
00:10 tcohen hi dcook, r u the one that commented on bug 9659?
00:10 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9659 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , Undefined authorised value category yields empty dropdown menu on SQL reports
00:11 dcook Last month? Yup
00:13 tcohen thanks for testing, I fixed the problem you found and fredericd's comment and bgkriegel signed it
00:15 oleonard jcamins, I wonder if you've looked at the 'needs signoff' list to see what things would not make it into 3.12 even if they were signed off now?
00:15 dcook You're welcome, tcohen. I noticed that bgkriegel signed off on it. Looks useful :)
00:15 jcamins oleonard: I have not.
00:16 jcamins It's a good idea, though.
00:17 tcohen yes, its part of my preparation for bug 9634
00:17 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9634 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, NEW , Allow for parameters re-use on SQL reports
00:17 tcohen which requires quite more code changes, and found that bug when starting to work on it
00:18 tcohen silly question, how do I create a new page on our wiki?
00:19 oleonard One way is to link to it from an existing page
00:19 tcohen i thought of it, but I want to start an RFC
00:20 tcohen and didn't find where to point it from
00:20 tcohen aoh, my profile perhaps?
00:20 rangi do a search
00:20 rangi if you get no results you can create a page
00:24 oleonard We really need a standardized way of hooking system preference choices into database columns
00:25 oleonard ..so that users are not free-typing things which are in the database, like csv profile names
00:27 oleonard Hi druthb
00:27 druthb Hi, oleonard!
00:27 oleonard Are you moved?
00:27 druthb Moved, and today was my first day on the new gig
00:29 oleonard Congratulations. I hope it went well
00:30 druthb It went *very* well.  I'm gonna love it.
00:30 oleonard Awesome
00:30 druthb There were six new-hires today, and I felt totally out-classed by the brains in the room.
00:31 druthb (one told me later, that he felt out-classed by *me*.  The Usual Problem.)
00:32 oleonard What kind of stuff will you be working on?
00:37 oleonard I want a script that checks every 'needs signoff' bug for a test plan and automatically fails it if it has none.
00:38 rangi hmm would be kinda tricky to write
00:40 oleonard Yeah, the best you could hope for would be checking for no commit message at all (which we still get)
00:40 rangi yep
01:05 wizzyrea hey, it's an oleonard!
01:06 * oleonard waves
01:06 oleonard I probably have two more minutes before my wife tells me to get the hell off the computer and go to sleep
01:07 rangi heh
01:07 * wizzyrea tells you all the things
01:09 * druthb chuckles.
01:09 * druthb waves an angry fuzzy cat at wizzyrea
01:10 wizzyrea ! is he still mad at you?
01:10 druthb He is greatly pissed, yes.
01:10 wizzyrea hm
01:11 * wizzyrea sends pixel lovey head butts
01:11 druthb Oh, I caught him in my bed for a while last night, pretending to ignore me while wanting to give me his lovey head butts.
01:11 oleonard wizzyrea I got an email from Corey today saying there were some issues with the new Bootstrap stuff, but without providing details
01:11 druthb As soon as I petted him, he turned around and stalked off again.
01:11 oleonard Still waiting to hear back.
01:12 cjh oleonard: the drop downs within a button group behaved differently from the drop down menus within a navbar
01:12 cjh oleonard: namely that you couldnt use the keyboard to navigate through the button group drop down.
01:12 cjh oleonard: however it was found that it only appears in chrome / chromium.
01:12 oleonard Oh really? That's discouraging.
01:13 wizzyrea and it looks like it's an upstream bug
01:13 wizzyrea and they know about it
01:13 wizzyrea ultimately I think it's ok.
01:13 cjh wizzyrea: was there a bug that mentioned them knowing it was only in chrome (webkit I guess) and not FF?
01:13 oleonard So we need to keep up with upgrades. I hope the fix goes into the 2.x branch
01:13 wizzyrea yea, afaict it should be going in there. we'll see.
01:13 oleonard I'm not sure if we're ready to ditch IE7 support, which Bootstrap 3 will do.
01:14 cjh I think holding on to ie7 support is useful for a while still.
01:14 wizzyrea the ones I saw were generalised "keyboard accessibility of button drop downs"
01:14 wizzyrea non specific, but fixes recently pushed.
01:14 wizzyrea I could look again
01:14 cjh wizzyrea: the ones I noticed were quite old, and most had been closed at some point (without a matching 'resolved' comment)
01:15 wizzyrea there were about a zillion of them
01:15 cjh heh yeah
01:15 * oleonard had better split
01:15 wizzyrea yes you should go to bed :)
01:15 oleonard See y'all in 11 hours
01:15 cjh see ya!
01:15 wizzyrea later!
01:33 jcamins You know, I'm starting to suspect that Chrome's handling of submit events is buggy.
01:35 jcamins My forms randomly submit despite a 'return false' in the handler.
01:36 dcook Which forms?
01:36 dcook Koha or other project?
01:36 jcamins Other project.
01:36 dcook Hmm
01:36 dcook I ran into a problem that sounds the same but it might not be
01:36 * dcook tries to remember the details
01:40 dcook How do your forms submit and how are you preventing them from submitting?
01:40 dcook Here's what happened to me
01:41 jcamins It seems to be specific to when I hit enter.
01:41 dcook Hmm
01:41 jcamins And I'm using 'return false' at the end of the function.
01:44 dcook So when you click on the button it prevents the submit but if you hit enter it still submits
01:44 dcook Bizarre indeed
01:45 jcamins Yeah.
01:46 jcamins I just moved all my handlers into separate functions and it seems to be working better.
01:46 dcook The issue I had before was with competing Javascript
01:46 jcamins Yeah, I think that must be the problem.
01:47 dcook But that's just that was just the one script doing a document.form.submit() before the prevention script could work
01:47 dcook Are you using the .submit jquery handler?
01:48 jcamins Yeah.
01:53 dcook Still having an issue with it?
01:54 jcamins I don't think so...
01:54 dcook \o/
01:55 * jcamins is mostly just avoiding hitting enter now.
01:55 dcook lol
01:56 jcamins ... and it's not putting in links.
01:56 jcamins Humbug.
01:57 dcook :(
01:57 jcamins Oh, that's because I don't have links enabled.
01:58 dcook Always nice when it's that easy
02:14 jcamins Ooh... I now have a link loop. I wonder whether the display will recurse infinitely before exploding.
02:16 * druthb watches Pootle updating 3.8...
02:16 dcook I had a link loop earlier as well. I had a timeout pre-set...for 6 minutes.
02:17 dcook Now I just want to output a multidimensional array from a resursive function :@
02:42 Irma joined #koha
03:54 Tabrenus joined #koha
04:05 eythian http://instacod.es/66133
05:43 wizzyrea1 joined #koha
05:57 BobB joined #koha
06:34 cait joined #koha
07:04 dcook hey cait :)
07:11 dcook @wunder Sydney, Australia
07:11 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Sydney, New South Wales is 23.0°C (5:30 PM EST on March 19, 2013). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 50%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1023 hPa (Steady).
07:12 cait @wunder Marseille
07:12 huginn cait: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 6.0°C (7:30 AM CET on March 19, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: 2.0°C. Windchill: 4.0°C. Pressure: 29.74 in 1007 hPa (Steady).
07:12 dcook You win :p
07:18 dcook Night #koha. Hope everyone has fun at the Marseille hackfest!
07:25 cait left #koha
07:31 mega joined #koha
07:56 paul_p joined #koha
07:56 drojf joined #koha
07:58 drojf good morning #koha
07:59 rangi hi paul_p and drojf
07:59 paul_p good morning #koha.
07:59 khall morning all!
07:59 paul_p Hackfest day 2 starting
07:59 rangi hi khall
08:00 drojf hi rangi, paul_p and khall
08:00 rangi paul_p: get below 100 today? :)
08:01 paul_p would be cool, but I wouldn't bet, as librarians are feeding the list at the same time...
08:02 drojf you have a bug reporting librarian force? :)
08:04 bag good morning
08:06 Joubu hi #koha
08:06 cait joined #koha
08:08 reiveune joined #koha
08:08 reiveune hello
08:08 rangi hi bag, Joubu cait and reiveune
08:09 cait bonjour rangi
08:09 lds joined #koha
08:14 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:15 gaetan_B hello
08:15 frido_s joined #koha
08:16 frido_s good morning all
08:20 christophe_c joined #koha
08:20 christophe_c hello #koha
08:36 alex_a_ khall: Are you the author of these 3 patches: 8037, 8352 and 8956 ?
08:39 khall alex_a_: yes, that is correct
08:40 alex_a_ khall: these 3 patches does not apply
08:41 alex_a_ But i think there is not lot of work to get it works
08:41 christophe_c magnus_away:++
08:43 cait magnus_here++ :)
08:47 sophie_m joined #koha
08:50 * magnuse waves from marseille
08:51 * cait waves too
08:51 asaurat joined #koha
09:01 khall alex_a_: I should be able to get all those rebased today. Thanks for the heads up!
09:04 alex_a_ khall: cool ! thx
09:05 gerundio joined #koha
09:09 * wizzyrea waves to europe
09:09 wizzyrea good morning :)
09:10 cait hi wizzyrea :)
09:12 magnuse kia ora wizzyrea
09:13 wizzyrea kia ora magnuse!
09:15 clrh o/
09:16 clrh does the koha-comunity have the "replace text" extension ? just wanted to rename a category (without editing all pages ;))
09:16 clrh http://www.tipsandtricks-hq.co[…]-in-mediawiki-547
09:18 magnuse clrh: don't think so...
09:18 clrh yup so manual move =D
09:23 magnuse clrh: yeah, unless you want to wait and ask gmcharlt if he could install the extension
09:24 drojf1 joined #koha
09:29 mtj hi peeps, bonjour Marseille :)
09:29 mtj Joubu, about?
09:31 mtj i have a suggestion regarding the koha qa-tools
09:32 mtj basically, the idea was to have the 'offical' repo for the qa-tools at git.kc.org
09:33 mtj … and the github repo as a synced mirror only
09:34 mtj so, i am suggesting that this would be the offical repo - http://git.koha-community.org/[…]qa-test-tools.git
09:36 mtj (both repos are currently synced/identical, fyi)
09:39 mtj also, the repo name has been renamed too. as chris.c created an existing koha-qa-tools repo, already
09:40 Joubu mtj: yes you are right
09:40 mtj so, a bad repo name choice by me :/
09:40 mtj heya Joubu  :)
09:41 Joubu hello mtj
09:41 sophie_m joined #koha
09:42 mtj are you ok to push to git.kc.org? and i will sync the github repo from the kc.org repo…
09:43 Joubu mtj: yep, but I don't know if I have rights for pushing on git.kc.org
09:43 mtj 1 tic….  i'll PM you some info
09:47 bag Joubu: bug 5334 already pushed to master so I have that h2 > Acquisitions detail < already in the code
09:47 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5334 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , add explicit foreign key constraints
09:47 bag it's just not working for me
09:54 * magnuse shifts into signing off-mode and hopes to remain there for the rest of the day
09:58 * magnuse takes a shot at Bug 9745
09:58 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9745 trivial, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Don't nuke translated permissions with changes introduced in bug 9382
10:07 paul_p cait I won't QA bug 9358 because it's MARC21 specific and can't say if it's valid or not
10:07 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9358 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, Signed Off , Fixed field plugins for MARC21 should be updated for MARC21 update #15
10:07 cait paul_p: oh ok, can you put me in as qa contact maybe?
10:08 cait i will look at it a little later
10:08 paul_p cait done
10:10 cait thx
10:11 cait jcamins: ping me when you are around later?
10:15 paul_p cait QAing bug 8190
10:15 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8190 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Add a logging module to Koha, that can report log message to staff interface (for developer use)
10:21 clrh jcamins: hello awaken ?*
10:21 tater joined #koha
10:22 corsair__ joined #koha
10:22 clrh I did a big wiki refactoring categories in "search" part.. would like feedbacks before sending to koha-devel list
10:22 fredericdem joined #koha
10:22 clrh http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]ory:Search_Engine >> http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]egory:Solr/Lucene and http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]ki/Category:Zebra
10:23 alohalog` joined #koha
10:24 cait clrh: looks logical to me
10:28 chris_n joined #koha
10:28 sivoais joined #koha
10:28 Joubu joined #koha
10:28 rangi joined #koha
10:28 magnuse joined #koha
10:28 clrh I hope I won't break to much habits ><
10:28 clrh thanks cait
10:29 cait magnuse: (11:19:58) clrh: http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]ory:Search_Engine >> http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]egory:Solr/Lucene and http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]ki/Category:Zebra
10:29 magnuse looks good!
10:30 magnuse clrh++
10:33 Barrc joined #koha
10:50 alex_a joined #koha
11:12 sophie_m joined #koha
11:22 christophe_c joined #koha
11:34 jwagner joined #koha
11:44 tcohen joined #koha
11:59 NateC joined #koha
12:00 jcamins clrh: I'm around for a bit now.
12:08 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:13 msales joined #koha
12:21 clrh jcamins: I sent a mail to koha-devel about doc refactoring
12:21 clrh this morning I presented solr integration to french librarians
12:21 jcamins I saw. :)
12:21 jcamins Well, I saw the e-mail.
12:22 clrh I got a question about your work:
12:23 clrh what is really behind "1(d). Implement Koha::SearchEngine::Zebra" http://www.cpbibliography.com/[…]earchrewrite.html
12:23 jcamins Mostly it's about refactoring C4::Search.
12:23 clrh http://wiki.koha-community.org[…]earch_Rewrite_RFC#.28d.29_Adjust_the_query_parser_​to_use_Koha::SearchEngine::Zebra I must read this I think ;)
12:24 jcamins As you know, without refactoring our existing search code we'll never be able to use a consistent interface to Solr/Zebra.
12:24 clrh actually I found your "estimation effort" really few compared to the work I see in my mind (cleaning existing code and moving in right place)
12:24 clrh jcamins: yep
12:25 jcamins The estimate *is* low.
12:25 clrh :)
12:25 clrh and today if you have this proce for "d" only, would it be sufficent to have solr / zebra switch "working" ?
12:25 jcamins I didn't estimate "this is how much it would take to finish the work," I estimated "this is how much I would have to be paid in order to volunteer my time to do this important project."
12:26 clrh okay
12:26 jcamins There also needs to be a QP driver for Solr.
12:26 clrh qp ? query parser yep
12:27 clrh I must have a look ><
12:27 jcamins Fortunately QP drivers are very easy. :)
12:27 clrh \o/
12:27 oleonard joined #koha
12:27 jcamins Myshkin says hi.
12:27 jcamins Loudly.
12:29 oleonard Hi #koha
12:31 * oleonard wonders what's up with the dashboard
12:31 * oleonard sees nothing under 'bug statuses'
12:33 oleonard Oh, I left JS disabled last night :P
12:34 bag anybody looking to sign off on something?  if so bug 8037
12:34 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8037 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , Add holds and funds to items already received in parcel.pl
12:34 bag :)
12:35 tcohen joined #koha
12:41 tcohen joined #koha
12:42 jcamins How does one get news to show up on the OPAC?
12:42 jcamins Ah.
12:42 jcamins You have to put something into the position box.
12:42 tcohen you create the message
12:46 jcamins tcohen: I created a news item, but I didn't put anything in the box for position.
12:46 jcamins When I stuck a 1 in, that fixed it.
12:55 NateC joined #koha
12:56 cait joined #koha
12:57 oleonard Hi cait
12:58 oleonard I'll be glad to see 3.8.x go, I'm tired of using the wayback machine to find the documentation on the old tabs plugin
12:59 * oleonard can never remember how to trigger a certain tab to show
12:59 talljoy joined #koha
12:59 * cait waves to oleonard
12:59 cait working on bug 9256 now
12:59 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9256 critical, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Signed Off , Search is broken for 3.10 package-installs when marcflavour != marc21
12:59 magnuse \o/
12:59 jcamins oleonard: hehe.
13:00 clrh feeling alone on #hfk13 hashtag on twitter, evrybody works ;)
13:00 cait I have a nonpublic account :(
13:00 cait but I did use the hashtag yesterday... until I remembered
13:00 cait that noone would see it
13:00 edveal joined #koha
13:02 magnuse cait: hehe
13:02 jcamins cait: I'm around for a few minutes.
13:02 cait @wunder marseille
13:02 huginn cait: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 12.0°C (1:30 PM CET on March 19, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 44%. Dew Point: 0.0°C. Pressure: 29.74 in 1007 hPa (Steady).
13:04 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
13:04 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Cordoba Aerodrome, Argentina is 15.0°C (9:00 AM ART on March 19, 2013). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 67%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 30.07 in 1018 hPa (Rising).
13:04 tcohen I feel like I was in marseille
13:05 cait heh
13:05 cait you have your own personal hackfest? :)
13:05 magnuse @wunder boo
13:05 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is -6.0°C (1:50 PM CET on March 19, 2013). Conditions: Low Drifting Snow. Humidity: 42%. Dew Point: -17.0°C. Windchill: -16.0°C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1023 hPa (Steady).
13:05 tcohen not exactly but the weather conditions match
13:05 * magnuse made the right choice
13:07 reiveune :)
13:08 jenkins_koha Starting build #1084 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
13:08 Viktor joined #koha
13:10 oleonard I'll bet you hackfest folks would like to sign off on Bug 8278 and Bug 9773!
13:10 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8278 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Replace YUI autocomplete in UNIMARC 210c plugin
13:10 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9773 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Replace YUI AJAX calls in cataloging plugins with jQuery
13:10 tcohen cait, i've had my own hackfest now that u mention
13:11 * magnuse waves to Viktor
13:11 tcohen i'll have to assist our librarians the rest of the week didn't have my attention for a while!
13:11 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_8979' into 3.12-master <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]6c11a9749ac4087e6> / Bug 8979 - simple addition of news to CCSR theme <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]b7f4ad8a3555ab54e> / Merge branch 'bug_9832' into 3.12-master <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]f;h=84d8cce883afa
13:12 matts Bug 7673 has been signed-off... now waiting for QA...
13:12 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7673 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, matthias.meusburger, Signed Off , New patron permissions
13:13 * Viktor waves back to magnuse from Hylte
13:14 tcohen jcamins, have you made up your mind on what won't get into 3.12?
13:26 Viktor I think I just hit a RFC - is it possible to buffer/queue barcodes when issuing loans/returning? I think not and that the RFC :)
13:27 Viktor I would absolutly love a AJAX solution where you can scan as fast as you want to a (visible) box where the system fetches barcodes to process.
13:27 Dyrcona Viktor: We have not quite that in Evergreen (by accident) and it causes all kinds of problems for staff.
13:28 Viktor Some testing today on a 70Mbit+ fiber indicated that the system is slower than the staff/scanners. At least without Plack.
13:28 Viktor Dyrcona Interesting - do you have time to tell me more?
13:28 magnuse yeah, that is a weak point...
13:29 Viktor Since we will still have a lot of manual issuing I want to speed things up. Barcodes are lost when scanning to quick.
13:29 Dyrcona Viktor: The short of it is, the staff can't be bothered to pay attention to the screen, so they'll scan a bunch of things, and hand them to the patron, only to find out later that half the stuff didn't check out for some reason or another.\
13:29 Dyrcona Yeah, I'd expect the system to be slower than the staff/scanners. If it isn't, then it isn't doing much.
13:29 Viktor Dyrcona - Sound like the same problem you get without that function too :)
13:30 oleonard "staff can't be bothered to look at the screen" seems to be a common problem
13:30 Viktor oleonard :)
13:30 Dyrcona Viktor: It is worse when this "feature" is enabled. Mainly because staff don't really understand what it does.
13:31 Viktor Dyrcona: Does the system show visually that there are barcodes not yet processed?
13:31 Viktor I figure you would have to be very clear visually with this sort of thing...
13:32 Dyrcona Viktor: Not really, no. It turns out it was an experiment that found its way into the master repo before we had much in the way of rules about such things.
13:32 Viktor Or could we just add some sort of "checkout in batch"?
13:32 Dyrcona Anyway, I'll let you discuss your feature, and maybe I'll learn how to fix ours. :)
13:32 Viktor Dyrcona: Sad to hear. But it gives me hope of being able to make something like this happen in a working way :)
13:33 Viktor Dyrcona :) Learning from others is great. Good to hear from someone that uses something like this.
13:34 magnuse Viktor: an enhancement request in bugzilla describing the problem and your suggestion for a solution would be a good start
13:34 Viktor I?d say that it would have to be coded so that no closing of the checkout session is possible when there are barcodes left to process.
13:35 magnuse Viktor: and a link to an RFC on the wiki, if you have a lot to say about it :-)
13:35 frido_s I rebased 9163 for signed off, it is a P1 new feature
13:35 Viktor magnuse: I'll add it. But as long as I feel like a n00b I'll keep asking here first so I dont RFC stuff that already in there ;)
13:38 magnuse Viktor: good idea. but we are really kind to n00bs, so don't be too afraid of doing things ;-)
13:38 cait bug 9163
13:38 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9163 new feature, P1 - high, ---, vfernandes, Needs Signoff , Cataloguing validation workflow
13:40 oleonard cait: I assume that bug doesn't qualify for inclusion at this stage
13:40 oleonard frido_s: Isn't it too late to add new features like 9163? jcamins?
13:42 frido_s oleonard: I just rebased for testing
13:42 Viktor Oh by the way - does anyone use Koha with RFID? At least here in Sweden libraries usually allow batch issuing with RFID. Does SIP2 take care of all that?
13:53 clrh cait++
13:54 clrh @cait++
13:54 matts cait++ too
13:54 huginn clrh: I suck
13:54 cait clrh: what did I do? :)
13:54 clrh Oo
13:54 clrh bug 5635 \o/
13:54 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5635 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, stephane.delaune, Passed QA , bulkmarcimport new parameters & features
13:54 cait oleonard: I don't know - haven't taken a look at it
13:54 cait clrh: ah :)
13:55 cait reiveune++ :)
13:55 reiveune ???
13:55 laurence joined #koha
13:55 clrh caitbug 9117 too thx ;)
13:56 cait :)
13:56 cait as you are mentining it... I really need someone to test someting :)
13:57 clrh matts: bug 7677 shouldnot be new I think
13:57 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7677 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, NEW , New area in subscriptions and new function when receiving
13:57 cait bug 8378
13:57 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8378 minor, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, Needs Signoff , <fine> syntax not working on overdues anymore
13:57 cait this is really a big bug for our libraries and I woud love to see that tested and hopefully signed off
13:57 cait so it can go into qa
13:58 cait it requires the overdues and fine cronjobs to be run, so it's probably not possible to test this on sandboxes :(
14:01 tcohen leme see
14:01 dpavlin Viktor: I don't quite understand what do you mean by "batch issuing"
14:01 dpavlin we are using RFID as fancy replacement for barcodes and it works well for us with Koha
14:03 tcohen i think Viktor might be suggesting that their librarians are faster at reading barcodes than the submission-then-re-render-chekin-page step
14:04 Viktor dpavlin Glad to hear! That how they are used here to :) What I wonder is how the system handles the fact that you can put a bunch of books on a RFID-based station at once.
14:04 cait Viktor: we found it's never a good idea
14:05 cait because they miss problems
14:05 Viktor tcohen dpavlin - For manual checkout/returns indeed.
14:05 cait if everything is checked out -it's great
14:05 cait but if you have one not for loan item in the stack
14:05 cait it gets hard to find the book
14:05 cait in the stack
14:05 cait so that takes more time than doing it one by one
14:05 cait and reacting instantly to any error messages or warnings
14:06 Viktor tcohen dpavlin cait - Yes that's what I suspected. But sometimes when using machines the machine itself has a graphical interface to explain these problems to the user.
14:06 cait yep self check machines do
14:06 cait we just didn't find it working well at the circ desk
14:07 Viktor I made a reques by the way for a barcode queue (checkout / returns) in the staff interface. http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9844
14:07 huginn Bug 9844: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Add a barcode queue to checkout / return
14:07 tcohen where are currencies set?
14:07 cait in administration currencies :)
14:07 cait tcohen: I will help you with configuration :)
14:07 Viktor Sorry about mixing two topics - self service with RFID and staff interface :)
14:08 cait I really need this problem resolved :)
14:08 Viktor cait Thanks!
14:08 cait Viktor: no problem - hope I made sense - lots of things going on at the same time :)
14:09 Viktor cait - It did. And confirmed by suspicion :)
14:16 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1084: SUCCESS in 1 hr 8 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1084/
14:16 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 9832: avert software error with QP enabled and misconfigured
14:16 jenkins_koha * Liz Rea: Bug 8979 - simple addition of news to CCSR theme
14:16 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9832 critical, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , QueryParser causes software error if koha-conf.xml has not been updated
14:16 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8979 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , "News" does not work with CCSR
14:16 matts you're right clrh
14:16 maximep joined #koha
14:27 oleonard http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2[…]013-tech-leaders/
14:27 oleonard gmcharlt++
14:27 sophie_m joined #koha
14:28 maximep dpavlin++ for bug 8378
14:28 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8378 minor, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, Needs Signoff , <fine> syntax not working on overdues anymore
14:31 magnuse gmcharlt++
14:31 datadoctor joined #koha
14:32 tcohen hmmm cait:  Barcode: XXX Fine: $0.00
14:32 tcohen when the UI says $5.00
14:32 cait do you have a fine on the patron account?
14:32 cait bah.
14:32 cait is it an overdue fine?
14:32 tcohen " Patron has Outstanding fees & charges of 5.00."
14:32 cait created by the fnes cronjob?
14:33 tcohen yes
14:33 cait maximep: feel free to give it a test drive
14:33 cait gmcharlt++ too
14:33 gmcharlt thanks!
14:34 cait very cool :)
14:34 cait tcohen: what was the syntax you used in the overdues template?
14:35 tcohen I edited the default ODUE notice,
14:35 tcohen <item>"<<biblio.title>>" by <<biblio.author>>, <<items.itemcallnumber>>, Barcode: <<items.barcode>> Fine: <<items.fine>></item>
14:35 dpavlin tcohen: patch doesn't touch fine calculation, it just inserts calculated value in template
14:36 dpavlin is that item checkouted in last three days?
14:37 tcohen i checked out with a due date two days ago
14:37 tcohen the UI says there is a 5.00 debt
14:38 cait which code has the debt? when you look at the fines tab?
14:39 tcohen 03/19/2013 Rental View item Saludos 5.00 5.00 Print
14:39 cait that is rental :)
14:39 cait it will only print overdue fines
14:39 cait because it's an overdues notice :)
14:40 cait you will have to set up circulation rules to charge fines
14:40 cait and then you make sure system preference finesmode is production (set to calculate)
14:40 cait and then you run the fines job
14:40 cait and then there should be a fine on the bug with a F or FU type
14:40 cait hat will get printed to the notice
14:41 jcamins gmcharlt: congratulations!
14:44 tcohen cait, i had the calculate and email the admin setting
14:44 tcohen this are my circ rules http://snag.gy/yI92A.jpg
14:45 tcohen the fact that it says a rental charge is another bug i think, because I've not set rental charges
14:47 jcamins The new updatedatabase code is too dangerous for 3.12 I think, but other than that anything that can be finished by the end of the week is fair game.
14:47 magnuse cait: should bug 9820 be "in discussion"?
14:47 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9820 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Missing space between 100/700 $a and $c (MARC21/XSLT)
14:48 cait magnuse: maybe, I was hoping to get some more input
14:48 jcamins I like the class idea.
14:51 jcamins What we really need is a way for users to easily style fields however they want.
14:51 jcamins But that's not really practical.
14:54 francharb joined #koha
14:55 francharb hi
14:55 wahanui salut, francharb
14:56 magnuse dpavlin++
15:04 magnuse jcamins: do you think bug 9843 fixes the packages too?
15:04 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9843 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , OpenILS/QueryParser.pm not (always) installed when installing from tarball
15:04 jcamins magnuse: should do, yes.
15:04 magnuse cool
15:07 tcohen cait: how did those circulatio rules lookd to you?
15:09 paul_p joined #koha
15:09 cait you need a fine and a fine interval
15:09 cait like tell it 1.50 every day (interval = 1) grace period 0 max cap 4.50
15:10 tcohen http://snag.gy/yI92A.jpg
15:10 cait don#t give a suspension
15:10 cait and give an overdue fines cap instead
15:11 cait that is like 3* your fine or so
15:12 maximep cait: ok, will try the patches for 8378 as soon as my fines are calculated on my dev... hopefully this hour -_-
15:12 mib_vrwg6n joined #koha
15:12 alohabot Hi mib_vrwg6n, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
15:12 mib_vrwg6n hi alla
15:12 tcohen cait, got it
15:12 tcohen its functional as expected
15:13 tcohen the problem was the finesmode
15:13 tcohen setting
15:14 mib_vrwg6n is it possible to copy marc record to a textbox and automaticly filling catalogging form
15:14 mib_vrwg6n i mean is there a marc parser on koha?
15:15 oleonard mib_vrwg6n: You can import MARC files
15:15 mib_vrwg6n just mrc files?
15:15 jcamins mib_vrwg6n: yes and no. You can import MARC, but there's functionality to copy and paste non-standard MARC into the interface for cataloging.
15:15 jcamins Right.
15:16 jcamins *no functionality...
15:16 jcamins You can import but not copy-and-paste.
15:16 * jcamins has terrible keylag and doesn't know what he's said until several seconds after he hits enter.
15:16 mib_vrwg6n i think importing and caopying marc record to a textbox are same things
15:18 msales Hi, we are having problems with the zebra indexing
15:18 oleonard mib_vrwg6n: No, one requires a MARC file, the other involves plain text
15:19 jcamins If you're talking about copying the binary MARC, just stick it in a file and import it. It's one extra step but in the end you get what you want.
15:19 Herwig joined #koha
15:19 jcamins And think about using Z39.50 instead, since that's more likely to be what you want to do.
15:19 Herwig Hey Koha
15:20 Herwig where do i find the koha databas structure  i lost the link
15:20 oleonard schema?
15:20 wahanui somebody said schema was tracked in git. or found at http://schema.koha-community.org
15:20 Herwig yay thats the one :) thx
15:21 msales We installed the koha-common with the Unimarc  format, run the Portuguese installer (we previously installed the Portuguese language package), created and the tried to index an authority and a bibliographic record using the command: koha-rebuild-zebra -v -f library and got an error. Can anyone help?
15:21 jcamins msales: you'll need to tell us what the error was.
15:21 mib_vrwg6n i just want to copy plain text format marc format and paste it in textbox after koha will parse it and automaticly will fill cataloginig form
15:21 mib_vrwg6n i need this func.
15:21 oleonard mib_vrwg6n: Then you'll have to write it or sponsor its development
15:21 msales here's the error: zebraidx(7930) [warn] /etc/koha/zebradb/authoriti​es/etc/dom-config-marc.xml: stylesheet authority-zebra indexdefs.xls not found in path /etc/koha/zebradb/authorities/etc: /etc/koha/zebradb/etc: /etc/koha/zebradb/marc_defs/unimar​c/authorities:/etc/koha/zebradb/la​ng_defs/fr:/etc/koha/zebradb/xsl…
15:22 jcamins msales: oh! Of course... you should be using GRS-1 with authorities for UNIMARC.
15:22 mib_vrwg6n i just can give a kiss for this (((:
15:23 jcamins msales: I think packages default to DOM for authorities.
15:23 jcamins It should be pretty easy to change, but I don't know the exact commands off the top of my head.
15:26 jcamins mib_vrwg6n: that feature would be quite difficult to implement most likely. You should see if there's any way you can get Z39.50 access to the catalogs you're screen scraping
15:26 jcamins Or use a screen scraper that extracts MARC data.
15:26 jcamins There are a few out there in various places.
15:26 msales jcamins: thank you! we will make the change you suggest.
15:32 cait tcohen++
15:33 tcohen jcamins, 9843 is for a standard install, right?
15:35 francharb joined #koha
15:37 jcamins bug 9843
15:37 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9843 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , OpenILS/QueryParser.pm not (always) installed when installing from tarball
15:37 jcamins Yes.
15:38 tcohen also the all-in-one-place install?
15:39 jcamins I don't believe the all-in-one-place install works at all.
15:39 tcohen (was called single, right?)
15:39 jcamins But... probably.
15:39 * jcamins doesn't remember what it's called.
15:39 tcohen testing right now
15:39 tcohen "single"
15:44 clrh oleonard: hello - I am doing some point on rebases and I would like to know if you plan to do something on bug 7264
15:44 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7264 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Display information about library on OPAC detail
15:45 * magnuse claims bug 9726 for testing and possible signoff
15:45 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9726 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Needs Signoff , XISBN service throttle not initialized
15:46 oleonard clrh: That bug is fixed by Bug 9572
15:46 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9572 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Opac info tooltip from branches is not well positioned
15:46 oleonard clrh: I did not remember that 7464 was still open because of that issue
15:46 clrh ah ha :)
15:47 clrh May I let you closing it ?
15:47 msales jcamins: It didn't work, we got the error message when searching for the authority record: Can't call method "raw" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/AuthoritiesMarc.pm line 338.
15:47 oleonard Sure
15:47 msales We set the environment variables this way:export KOHA_CONF =/etc/koha/sites/biblioteca/koha-conf.xml export PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib
15:48 clrh oleonard: thanks
15:49 jcamins msales: but no problems now when reindexing?
15:49 jcamins (note: I'm working on other things and don't have a usable internet connection, so my troubleshooting is pretty much limited to asking questions that you've probably already considered)
15:49 cait jcamins: are you talking about a package install with non-marc21?
15:50 jcamins cait: yes.
15:50 jcamins UNIMARC.
15:50 wahanui i heard unimarc was http://www.ifla.org/en/publica[…]ted-documentation
15:51 jcamins sophie_m: I just copied and pasted the instructions from the bug report.
15:51 magnuse msales, jcamins sounds like bug 9256
15:51 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9256 critical, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Passed QA , Search is broken for 3.10 package-installs when marcflavour != marc21
15:51 * cait nods
15:52 magnuse it's qa'ed now, just needs the attention of some rm or other... ;-)
15:52 jcamins But that won't happen until sometime either much later today or tomorrow.
15:53 * oleonard demands that Myshkin stop hogging all of jcamins' time!
15:53 sophie_m jcamins: the pb of carriage returns is dealt in Bug 9372
15:53 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9372 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, stephane.delaune, Failed QA , Automatic carriage return in message_queue where content_type is html
15:54 cait I was wondering about that patch actually... *goes to take a look at it*
15:55 sophie_m jcamins: if you look at bug 6030, you will see that there are many bugs concerning genarating notices
15:55 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6030 critical, P3, ---, stephane.delaune, Signed Off , Allow for html in letters in overdue notices
15:55 sophie_m cait : which one ?
15:55 cait the whitespace one :)
15:55 msales jcamins and magnuse: thank you for your answers. Do you think that it is better to install the 3.8 version?
15:56 jcamins sophie_m: okay, so different problems.
15:56 * jcamins did not realize that.
16:05 magnuse msales: probably
16:06 melia joined #koha
16:08 msales magnuse: we'll do that! :) thank you.
16:10 cait oh
16:10 cait has he sent a photo?
16:10 oleonard :)
16:15 reiveune bye
16:15 reiveune left #koha
16:19 oleonard How is Bug 5858 to be tested?
16:19 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5858 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Default frameworks missing many MARC21 tags
16:22 jcamins I suspect it's woefully out of date again.
16:22 oleonard bkriegel added an update
16:22 frido_s see you
16:22 frido_s left #koha
16:25 jcamins Oh.
16:26 jcamins Confirm that recently-added tags show up.
16:26 jcamins I guess.
16:27 oleonard jcamins: I should be able to import the updated file via the interface or through mysql?
16:28 jcamins oleonard: I thought it was a patch for the default framework.
16:29 oleonard Yes, but how does it update my default framework? It doesn't trigger updatedatabase
16:31 jcamins New installation.
16:31 jcamins Don't want to clobber anyone's changes.
16:32 oleonard And if one wanted to use the updated version (clobbering any changes)?
16:32 libsysguy joined #koha
16:33 jcamins You can load the SQL file with MySQL.
16:35 oleonard ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 49: Duplicate entry '999-a' for key 'PRIMARY'
16:38 * jcamins isn't sure, then.
16:40 magnuse @later tell dpavlin: looking for encoding problems? bug 9772 is weird
16:40 huginn magnuse: The operation succeeded.
16:42 magnuse gah!
16:43 * magnuse is seeing the symptoms of bug 9256 on a dev install now too...
16:43 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9256 critical, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Passed QA , Search is broken for 3.10 package-installs when marcflavour != marc21
16:43 jcamins magnuse: did you re-run the installer?
16:43 magnuse yup
16:43 magnuse twice
16:43 jcamins Hm.
16:44 jcamins I ran into a problem that went away when I reran the installer.
16:44 magnuse also after applying the patch for 9256, in the hope that it would fix it
16:45 jcamins A change added by QueryParser that triggers it?
16:45 magnuse hm, could be perhaps
16:46 asaurat left #koha
16:46 jcamins (assuming it's new as of the last few days)
16:47 christophe_c left #koha
16:49 magnuse jcamins: i'm not sure, it might have been a while since i tried searching on a dev install...
16:52 dpavlin joined #koha
16:53 libsysguy joined #koha
16:59 jcamins magnuse: git bisect? :)
17:00 tcohen if you have a script that can test for the bug, use git bissect
17:01 * magnuse looks up git bisect
17:06 magnuse tcohen: that should not be too hard
17:07 magnuse i might have to upgrade between each test, though, because the problem involves config files...
17:14 clrh jcamins: I am having a look to PQF query parser, is there a better way to understand things ? I looked at test, but I don't understand well the purpose of OpenILS directory
17:15 clrh if it can be considered as external library why not moving it in a cpan module for example ?
17:15 clrh (continuing reading )
17:17 cait clrh: not sure jcamins is still here - but I think they are planning to do that - moving it into cpan long term
17:17 clrh http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]g.cgi?id=9239#c19 ookay
17:17 huginn Bug 9239: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Koha should share Evergreen's QueryParser module for parsing queries
17:17 clrh cait: yep it was into the next comment ><
17:18 cait long day :)
17:20 jcamins Yes, what cait said.
17:21 cait oleonard: was your comment earlier about bug 9535?
17:21 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9535 normal, P5 - low, ---, cnighswonger, NEW , Patron card creator "Remove duplicates" function doesn't work
17:21 cait pretty hard to keep track of things right now
17:21 cait and I meant bug 9353
17:21 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9353 minor, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, Signed Off , Missing subfields on MARC21 frameworks
17:21 oleonard cait: Yes
17:21 cait no i tihnk we should not delete I think
17:21 cait but hm.
17:22 cait what do other think? the problem with deleting fields is that koha throws away fields it does not know on saving
17:23 jcamins I think bgkriegel is fixing the patch to not delete any fields.
17:24 dpavlin joined #koha
17:25 cait ah good
17:26 cait can I move it to failed qa then? or in discussion?
17:26 cait we just need 6 more bug activies to reach yesterday :P
17:26 oleonard Assigned I suppose
17:29 bgkriegel joined #koha
17:32 sophie_m bye #koha
17:32 sophie_m left #koha
17:34 Barrc left #koha
17:36 cait :)
17:44 TheBrookinator joined #koha
17:44 tcohen bye #koha
17:44 TheBrookinator Hey
17:45 eythian joined #koha
17:45 TheBrookinator Ugh can't see chat through mibbit on my touch
17:48 cait left #koha
17:49 TheBrookinator Ha! I will ghetto alt tab the logs.
17:49 magnuse 106 bugs need signoff - the hackfesters in marseille are calling it a day - it's up to the people in the americas now! ;-)
17:49 magnuse and nz soon
17:50 magnuse perhaps there wil be less than 100 when the hackfest resumes? ;-)
17:50 magnuse have fun, anyway!
17:51 datadoctor Thank you hackfesters!
17:51 TheBrookinator Marseilles++
17:54 nancyk joined #koha
17:56 maximum07 joined #koha
17:56 libsysguy joined #koha
17:59 bgallagher joined #koha
18:02 nancyk #startmeeting KohaCon 13 Planning
18:02 huginn Meeting started Tue Mar 19 17:59:10 2013 UTC.  The chair is nancyk. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:02 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
18:02 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: KohaCon 13 Planning)
18:02 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'kohacon_13_planning'
18:02 nancyk #chair nancyk
18:02 huginn Current chairs: nancyk
18:02 nancyk #topic introductions
18:02 Topic for #koha is now introductions (Meeting topic: KohaCon 13 Planning)
18:02 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
18:02 TheBrookinator joined #koha
18:03 TheBrookinator Hi KohaCon folks :)
18:04 rhcl joined #koha
18:04 nancyk have i goofed up because of daylight savings time?
18:05 jcamins Most people are in Marseilles.
18:05 rhcl #info Greg Lawson Rolling Hills Consolidated Library, St. Joseph, MO
18:05 jcamins So far as I know you have the correct time.
18:06 nancyk i'll give it a minute, and then report
18:07 TheBrookinator Don't look at me I'm just following the date and time link.
18:08 nancyk ok, i'll go ahead then
18:08 nancyk #topic KohaCon 13 update
18:08 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon 13 update (Meeting topic: KohaCon 13 Planning)
18:08 nancyk #info 23 people have registered for KohaCon 13 so far.
18:09 nancyk #info We have 8 presentation offers so far.
18:09 nancyk #info Please submit your idea for a presentation now, rather than later.  They will attract people to come to the convention.
18:10 TheBrookinator Hooray moar folks at Conference
18:10 nancyk #topic we could use a co-chair
18:10 Topic for #koha is now we could use a co-chair (Meeting topic: KohaCon 13 Planning)
18:11 nancyk any volunteers?
18:12 nancyk #topic Master of ceremonies  Do we need someone to announce people and keep things moving along per schedule?
18:12 Topic for #koha is now Master of ceremonies  Do we need someone to announce people and keep things moving along per schedule? (Meeting topic: KohaCon 13 Planning)
18:13 Thebrookinator joined #koha
18:14 nancyk #topic Cut-off date for submission of programs
18:14 Topic for #koha is now Cut-off date for submission of programs (Meeting topic: KohaCon 13 Planning)
18:14 nancyk How do we get people who have promised to do one, to get them posted?
18:15 nancyk Hey nancy, you are doing a great job!
18:15 nancyk Thanks
18:15 Thebrookinator If you ever figure that out, you'll be a rich lady. We're largely a community of procrastinators. It all comes right in the end though
18:16 nancyk I know
18:16 nancyk #topic hackfest
18:16 Topic for #koha is now hackfest (Meeting topic: KohaCon 13 Planning)
18:16 rangi We do need a cut off date
18:17 rangi Set deadlines and ppl will stop procrastinating
18:17 nancyk ok set one
18:18 rangi Otherwise we will run the risk of not having the programme finalised in time for ppl to ask for permission to attend
18:18 rangi I'd go April 14
18:18 nancyk ok, you got it!
18:19 nancyk #topic Opening speaker
18:19 Topic for #koha is now Opening speaker (Meeting topic: KohaCon 13 Planning)
18:19 rangi We had an mc at kohacon10, Russel, worked well
18:19 Thebrookinator So you'll be all finished your talk with slides by next month or what?
18:20 rangi No but your proposal will be
18:20 rangi Slides can be the day before
18:20 nancyk when do we need to see the final product, as in more than an idea?
18:21 rangi The day they present it :)
18:21 nancyk Yikes!  That's exciting!
18:22 nancyk ok, on the the opening speaker RM, who?
18:22 rangi well maybe 2 days before so you can load them onto the presenation computer :) but we've never done submit your whole talk before you do it before, and it works better than any conference ive been to that does that :-)
18:22 rangi hmm
18:23 rangi do you want to do a traditional keynote of someone totally outside the area?
18:23 rangi or more of the kohacon style ?
18:23 Thebrookinator KohaCon has done both of those
18:23 nancyk don't know, new at this..... I like to be different
18:23 rangi (paul and I did kohacon09, rosalie blake (the first koha librarian) did kohacon10)
18:23 rangi it has ?
18:24 rangi Thebrookinator: who keynoted from outside library land?
18:24 Thebrookinator Yeah Jo is hardly Indian  xd
18:24 rangi no, outside the area of the conference, not geography :)
18:24 nancyk be thinking, we can talk about it more
18:24 nancyk later'
18:25 WilliamCarlin joined #koha
18:25 rangi lots of conferences have a keynote from someone who they think would be interesting but often knows nothing about the conference/topic :)
18:25 rangi sometimes it works, sometimes it goes horribly wrong :)
18:25 Thebrookinator Yeah that's so. I'd not mind that changed or kept the same. No preference as long as it's inspirational
18:25 * rangi is sorry he was late, i have 2 kids im trying to get ready for school and kindergarten at the same time
18:26 rangi (everyone else is in marseille out eating dinner i suspect)
18:26 nancyk sounds great
18:26 rangi nancyk: maybe look at the proposals and pick one :)
18:26 Thebrookinator ^
18:27 rangi at least none of those ones will want payment :)
18:27 Thebrookinator Hehehe
18:27 nancyk good point
18:27 nancyk #topic other
18:27 Topic for #koha is now other (Meeting topic: KohaCon 13 Planning)
18:28 nancyk We are buying a Go Pro camera for some live streaming .....  The Todd cam
18:28 rangi ohh awesome
18:28 Thebrookinator I've to change the laundry then get to another meeting. Email me if ye want.
18:29 nancyk ok, thaanks
18:29 nancyk i have a plan to email an invite to library orgs who might be interested in attending
18:29 rangi if you could do slightly delayed streaming, ie record and stream .. the recordings are useful
18:29 rangi to look back on
18:30 rangi did i show you the kohacon10 ones?
18:30 nancyk We have a company that may do that for us for some chosen programs
18:30 tcohen joined #koha
18:30 nancyk I saw some a while ago
18:31 rangi https://blip.tv/the-curious-and-wondering-eye/
18:31 rangi cool
18:31 nancyk i'll have a look
18:32 nancyk i also want to get a list of libraries and contacts from attendees for next year
18:32 rangi right, you might want to add a button the registration form then
18:32 nancyk #topic next meeting
18:32 Topic for #koha is now next meeting (Meeting topic: KohaCon 13 Planning)
18:32 rangi asking (can we share your details)
18:33 nancyk what time of day would you prefer?
18:33 nancyk what details?
18:33 rangi their names, library etc
18:34 nancyk I want to be clear it will be shared with members
18:34 rangi yep, so you will want to have a button that they can opt in to that
18:34 nancyk ok
18:34 rangi we have some privacy concious people
18:35 rangi i think most will opt in though
18:35 nancyk would the wiki be hidden enough?
18:36 rangi hmm if its opt in yep
18:36 rangi i think almost everyone did at kohacon12
18:36 nancyk where can i find that?
18:36 wahanui that is, like, in march
18:36 rangi it was shared with attendees
18:37 nancyk next meeting March 23
18:37 rangi for kohacon10 we used koha to track registrations :)
18:37 rangi and circulated people :)
18:37 rangi (silly gimmick)
18:37 nancyk but fun
18:37 rangi yup
18:38 rangi checked them out when the picked up their badge
18:38 nancyk what time of day would you like for the next meeting?
18:38 rangi hm what time is it now for you?
18:39 nancyk 11:38 AM
18:39 rangi ohh easy
18:39 rangi how about 1pm your time?
18:40 rangi that would be 9am
18:40 nancyk ok, then your kids will be in school
18:40 rangi id be at work and could type without a 3 year old helping
18:40 rangi and still early enough for the europeans in the evening
18:40 rangi (9pm for them)
18:41 rangi thanks very much for all your hard work, and tell me to shut up if i get annoying :) it will work out fine, it always does :)
18:42 nancyk i was just pulling chains
18:42 nancyk #action next meeting March 23 UTC 21
18:43 nancyk Thanks for not making me talk to myself .... I'm determined, not discouraged
18:44 rangi :)
18:44 nancyk #endmeeting
18:44 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software http://koha-community.org. Next general IRC meeting 3 April 2013 at 10:00 UTC
18:44 huginn Meeting ended Tue Mar 19 18:41:18 2013 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
18:44 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-03-19-17.59.html
18:44 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]3-03-19-17.59.txt
18:44 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]19-17.59.log.html
18:44 rangi ok school run time
18:48 rhcl joined #koha
18:54 datadoctor joined #koha
19:08 oleonard 104. Help me out guys, only 5 more to get us below 100.
19:10 oleonard On the other hand, only 21 non-enhancement bugs awaiting signoff, which is a pretty nice number.
19:12 oleonard Oh look Bug 8278 is on that list, that one looks like fun!
19:12 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8278 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Replace YUI autocomplete in UNIMARC 210c plugin
19:32 bgallagher joined #koha
19:34 oleonard A better way to say "Patron was earlier restricted until 04/03/2013" ?
19:34 * oleonard is looking at Bug 8231
19:34 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8231 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha, Needs Signoff , Warning on Check in if borrower is restricted
19:34 oleonard "Patron is still restricted until 04/03/2013" ?
19:34 bgallagher Cool - how about previously restricted
19:35 oleonard "Patron was previously restricted until 04/03/2013" Does that not potentially imply that they are no longer restricted?
19:35 bgallagher Oh yeah it could
19:37 oleonard Back from dinner eh bgallagher?
19:38 bgallagher Owen I am so sick
19:38 bgallagher Bad food or water sometime
19:38 bgallagher Not good
19:38 oleonard :(
19:38 oleonard Oh no
19:39 bgallagher I can finally lay in bed now so that's good and makes it better
19:40 oleonard I sure hope you feel better soon
19:42 bgkriegel oleonard:  testing 8278, where are the publishers defined?
19:43 bgkriegel found: authoritites.
19:44 oleonard biblioitems.publishercode
19:44 oleonard It's not a true authority, just pulling from existing entries.
19:44 bgkriegel ok
19:45 jcamins bug 8278
19:45 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8278 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Replace YUI autocomplete in UNIMARC 210c plugin
19:46 * oleonard crosses his fingers
19:46 bgkriegel it works, i'm signing
19:46 jcamins \o/
19:48 oleonard bgkriegel++
19:50 aquaman joined #koha
19:54 aquaman joined #koha
19:59 drojf joined #koha
20:00 rambutan joined #koha
20:04 oleonard 101
20:05 bgkriegel almost :) I'm redoing 5858.
20:11 dpavlin joined #koha
20:13 oleonard See you later #koha
20:17 drojf good evening #koha
20:17 drojf how is the hackfest going?
20:24 dpavlin_ joined #koha
20:27 jcamins drojf: it's going well.
20:27 jcamins In fact, everyone is waiting for you to sign off on two patches and bring the needs signoff queue below 100.
20:29 dpavlin joined #koha
20:30 jcamins Bug 9817 looks fun!
20:30 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9817 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Add Goodreads reviews tab to the OPAC
20:30 jcamins ^^ see? Fun!
20:33 cait joined #koha
20:35 cait hi wizzyrea
20:36 * wizzyrea waves
20:36 * jcamins waves to wizzyrea, who surely wants to sign off on two patches.
20:36 wizzyrea I had two in mind actually, but headed into a meeting :(
20:36 wizzyrea but I will def try to today
20:37 jcamins Yay!
20:37 wizzyrea those two may have been grabbed already
20:37 wizzyrea will check when I have a minute
20:37 jcamins You can do any two and you'll still get karma. :)
20:38 wizzyrea oh I don't care about karma - I do care about koha though
20:39 bgallagher joined #koha
21:00 laurence left #koha
21:14 drojf ha. i signed off on bug 9817
21:14 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9817 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Add Goodreads reviews tab to the OPAC
21:14 jcamins Woohoo!
21:14 jcamins drojf++
21:20 cait drojf++
21:44 tcohen joined #koha
21:56 drojf i rebased bug 9295 for your signoff pleasure
21:56 huginn Bug http://bugs.koha-community.org[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9295 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Needs Signoff , Introduce operator equal/ notequal to OAI set mapping instead of hardcoded 'equal' value
22:18 dcook joined #koha
22:18 dcook Morning #koha
22:35 maximep anyone knows why the item barcode would be shown in serials edit ? I guess PrepareItemrecordDisplay in Items never returns a value for the field ?
22:49 maximep well, ignore that question. Turns out that code is complicated -_-
22:49 qu-bit joined #koha
22:57 tcohen_ joined #koha
23:11 papa joined #koha
23:21 maximep left #koha
23:37 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_9843' into 3.12-master <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]0ac1bad3d6d8022ef> / Bug 9843: Include OpenILS directory in Perl lib directory <http://git.koha-community.org/[…]4e3f90820bc8a3e1f>
23:39 jenkins_koha Starting build #1085 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
23:56 rangi http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2[…]013-tech-leaders/
23:56 rangi (in case it hasnt been posted before)

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary