IRC log for #koha, 2013-01-17

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 mib_vt11xz can i paste a image of linux command top
00:00 jcamins That won't help.
00:00 rambutan left #koha
00:00 trea left #koha
00:00 jcamins I'm sure is taking too much CPU.
00:00 jcamins The question is why.
00:00 jcamins How are you doing inventory?
00:01 mib_vt11xz too
00:01 jcamins What are the specs of your server?
00:01 jcamins And how many items do you have in the catalog?
00:02 mib_vt11xz suse linux 11
00:02 mib_vt11xz 8 gb
00:02 mib_vt11xz ram
00:02 mib_vt11xz vmware
00:02 mib_vt11xz 64 bits
00:03 rangi what version of Koha?
00:03 jcamins Yes! Good question!
00:04 mib_vt11xz of course
00:04 jcamins Usually I would have thought of that on my own.
00:05 mib_vt11xz 3.82
00:06 jcamins Oh, one more question... when you say it is using "too much CPU," you mean that it's a performance problem, not that you're surprised by it, right?
00:06 rangi 3.8.2 ? you definitely should not go live with that
00:06 mib_vt11xz about 200000 items in the catalog
00:06 jcamins 3.8.2 was very buggy.
00:06 rangi and there were security fixes in 3.8.4
00:07 rangi so id go to 3.8.8
00:07 jcamins Agreed.
00:07 mib_vt11xz i speak a little english
00:08 jcamins What is your native language?
00:08 mib_vt11xz we have 3.8.6
00:08 mib_vt11xz spanish
00:08 jcamins tcohen is the person I usually ask to translate, and he's on vacation.
00:09 BobB We are using 3.8.6 - there's a couple of minor things, but its OK
00:09 jcamins BobB: yeah, 3.8.2 is a problem, 3.8.6 is not.
00:10 mib_vt11xz we have a performance problem
00:10 jcamins Okay.
00:10 jcamins How many transactions are you doing a minute?
00:11 jcamins (on average)
00:11 mib_vt11xz the problem is in concurrence
00:12 jcamins I don't usually work with circulating libraries, so I don't know much about the performance in circ.
00:12 jcamins But I do know that there are a lot of large library systems using Koha with similar servers successfully.
00:12 mib_vt11xz 75 transactions
00:13 jcamins Hm.
00:13 jcamins Do you have MySQL on the same server/
00:13 jcamins *?
00:13 mib_vt11xz yes we have
00:13 rangi 75 a minute shouldn't be a problem
00:14 rangi on a server with specs like that, unless something else is eating all the RAM
00:14 jcamins rangi: I know. I was trying to think if there could be something else that would cause the problem to manifest.
00:14 rangi yeah
00:14 mib_vt11xz the problem is perl scripts
00:14 jcamins Where you _see_ the problem is Perl scripts.
00:14 rangi the perl scripts interact with the db
00:15 NateC joined #koha
00:15 mib_vt11xz linux command top
00:15 rangi yes, what jcamins means is you see the problem in the .pl files that doesnt mean they are the cause
00:15 rangi have you checked it isn't IO bound
00:16 rangi and not swapping right?
00:16 mib_vt11xz tyes
00:16 jcamins Do you have anything else running on the server?
00:16 rangi it must be something unique to your set up im afraid
00:16 mib_vt11xz no only koha
00:17 jcamins All I can think of is that there's a problem with Koha on OpenSuse 11.
00:17 jcamins But I don't know.
00:17 rangi yep, we can only guess
00:17 mib_vt11xz we have suse linux enterprise 11
00:17 kathryn jcamins, sorry I was eating a most delicious seafood vege udon. I don't really know, I'd check about now if they are in the oven :)
00:18 jcamins kathryn: bag said an hour, so I decided to go with plan B.
00:18 jcamins Quinoa.
00:18 rangi mib_vt11xz: there is no known performance problem with .. at least not a reported one, im afraid i dont know what could be causing it on your machine
00:19 kathryn jcamins mmn protein in disguise
00:19 rangi at least no known problem as bad as you are describing
00:19 mib_vt11xz and eats cpu
00:21 jcamins mib_vt11xz: it's only such a serious problem on your server, so it must be something specific to your server.
00:22 mib_vt11xz is necessary install mod_perl?
00:23 jcamins mod_perl does not work with Koha.
00:23 jcamins Plack?
00:23 wahanui Plack is a FastCGI thingy that works with Koha. See for more information.
00:23 jcamins You could try Plack, but I don't know how well it would work for you.
00:24 mib_vt11xz I am worried
00:24 jcamins It works great for me, but I use Debian.
00:25 mib_vt11xz everething works
00:25 mib_vt11xz only performance problem
00:26 wizzyrea pretty good stuff here
00:26 jcamins It requires _Java_?
00:27 jcamins That's still a thing?
00:27 wizzyrea heh yea unfortunately.
00:27 rangi its an insecure thing you shouldnt have runnign in your browser!
00:27 jcamins Huh. Live and learn.
00:27 jcamins rangi: and I don't.
00:27 rangi ditto
00:27 wizzyrea ah never mind then.
00:28 jcamins Someone should introduce them to HTML5.
00:28 jcamins :)
00:29 mib_vt11xz mysql CPU consumption is low
00:29 mib_vt11xz mysql 65 % RAM
00:30 jcamins Sounds like that might be the problem.
00:31 jcamins Not enough memory so is getting stuck.
00:31 wizzyrea
00:31 wizzyrea that is all tabs and arrow keys btw
00:31 jcamins Nice!
00:31 jcamins I'm sold!
00:32 rangi :)
00:32 jcamins As long as it's translatable.
00:32 wizzyrea should be it's all html
00:32 wizzyrea no strings in javascript.
00:32 jcamins Nice!
00:33 cjh the html has only been rearranged and restyled, so it shouldnt be any less translatable :)
00:33 * MrAgent075 is proud that he did the time. :)
00:33 cjh and keyboard access is much nicer, hope to get Julius to check it reads to him nicely too.
00:33 cjh MrAgent075++
00:34 wizzyrea so basically, if it's not clear, we've moved the set library and log out to a menu under the user's identity, rather like unity does
00:34 cjh and there is a 'help' button to the right, off the screencast though
00:35 wizzyrea yea, screen was too wide
00:35 jcamins Quinoa + kale pesto = just the thing when I am too tired to cook.
00:35 wizzyrea we got rid of the [ ? ]  and replaced it with a word
00:35 jcamins Yeah, I saw the patch for that.
00:35 mib_vt11xz but it has 8GB
00:35 wizzyrea well yea, this includes that change :)
00:35 wizzyrea the other change is for the existing interface
00:35 cjh jcamins: I dont know either of those things...
00:36 * cjh googles quinoa and kale pesto
00:36 jcamins mib_vt11xz: and 65% of it is needed for MySQL.
00:37 jcamins mib_vt11xz: the best thing to do would be to put MySQL on a separate server and see how it works.
00:37 mib_vt11xz yes
00:40 jcamins Give MySQL an 8gb server and give Apache/Koha an 8gb server and see how it goes.
00:40 jcamins For a circulating library with 200000 items I'd probably use 16gb for each since RAM is so cheap, but that's just me.
00:41 mib_vt11xz we did a controlled trials
00:41 jcamins I don't have any more advice to give you.
00:42 jcamins If performance isn't good enough, use a more powerful server. If you don't want to use a more powerful server, deal with the performance you can get with the less powerful server.
00:42 mib_vt11xz improper installation perl has to do
00:43 MrAgent075 joined #koha
00:43 jcamins Maybe Perl is installed wrong. I don't know.
00:43 rangi big clouds coming in from the south
00:44 eythian :<
00:44 jcamins And eythian's laundry hanging out to dry.
00:44 mib_vt11xz we have perl v5.12.1
00:44 eythian I bet it's dry now
00:44 rangi yeah, its nice and sunny at the moment, not for long tho
00:44 eythian oh well, at least the south is the sheltered side of my place. Between that and the trees overhead, maybe it won't be so bad...
00:45 jcamins Yeah, right.
00:45 jcamins Keep dreaming. :P
00:45 jcamins The moment you say something like that, you seal your clothes' fate.
00:46 mib_vt11xz thanks a lot jcamins for you help
00:46 eythian hush.
00:46 jcamins mib_vt11xz: good luck.
00:46 eythian (jcamins that is)
00:46 jcamins eythian: you're the one who said "maybe it won't be so bad," not me.
00:47 jcamins Well, not until after you'd said it.
00:47 jcamins :P
00:53 cjh heh
00:54 MrAgent075 joined #koha
00:57 rangi eythian:[…]94/in/photostream
00:57 eythian hrm
00:58 rangi that photo reminds me, i really should take that aerial down, its not as if it does anything
01:03 eythian the bittorrent aerial?
01:04 rangi heh i wish, the old vhf one .. which is not connected to anything and just makes whistling noises in high winds .. which is pretty much always
01:12 trendynick joined #koha
01:14 wizzyrea joined #koha
01:30 gerundio joined #koha
01:31 rangi raining now
01:32 aqualaptop rangi: not here it aint ;)
01:32 * aqualaptop looks forward to the fun
01:35 rangi yep, i reckon prolly 10-15 before it hits the cbd
01:36 rangi  <-- interesting!
01:36 ibeardslee does seem a couple of degrees cooler
01:36 cjh :(
01:36 rangi[…]94/in/photostream before
01:37 rangi[…]06/in/photostream now
01:51 Irma left #koha
02:21 barriers joined #koha
02:28 druthb_mobile joined #koha
02:28 druthb_mobile o/
02:28 jcamins o/
02:44 druthb_mobile joined #koha
02:49 barriers joined #koha
02:57 barriers joined #koha
03:17 aqualaptop woot, another bug down (bug 4437)
03:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4437 minor, P5 - low, ---, hugh, Needs Signoff , acq.js uses XMLHttpRequest() directly; should use jQuery
03:44 rangi aqualaptop++
03:45 cjh aqualaptop++ awesome work finding the evals
03:51 aqualaptop and bug 9411 fixed!
03:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9411 major, P5 - low, ---, hugh, Needs Signoff , Multiple uses of javascript eval on ajax responses in acq.js
03:52 rangi nice!
03:52 aqualaptop dodge code ;)
03:52 * druthb_mobile waves to rangi
03:52 rangi hiya druthb_mobile
03:53 * druthb_mobile has been vacationing, but an SSH client on her tablet can solve many things...
03:53 rangi :)
03:53 * druthb_mobile is a geek like that sometimes.
03:53 druthb_mobile 3.10 is just finishing up, 3.8 to follow. :)
03:54 rangi sweet thank you
03:55 druthb_mobile I am also thinking about how to automate that, and eleminate some of the fragile moving parts.
03:57 rangi i think moving the files to their own repo, then having pootle talk to git, would make it a bunch more scriptable, could even be cronned to update anytime a branch changes
03:57 druthb_mobile Yep.
04:21 janPasi joined #koha
05:22 aqualaptop bam, bug 4439 :D
05:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4439 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , two acq webservices should use C4::Service
05:35 cait joined #koha
05:45 trendynick joined #koha
06:01 cait joined #koha
06:02 cait morning #koha
06:04 barriers_ joined #koha
06:19 mtj hi cait, good morning to you :)
06:24 cait hi mtj :)
06:26 mtj long time,  no chat -  happy new year :p
06:26 cait yes, happy new year :)
06:27 cait been busy? :)
06:32 mtj not as busy as other people :)
06:35 mtj but yeah, always busy…
06:39 mtj cait… sorry, just gotta work on this report for a bit…
06:44 mib_cjnvyi joined #koha
06:45 trendynick joined #koha
06:45 mib_cjnvyi how to install koha
06:57 mtj how to install koha
06:57 wahanui i think how to install koha is[…]gory:Installation
07:01 Callender joined #koha
07:09 aquaghost joined #koha
07:11 cait @wunder Konstanz
07:11 huginn cait: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is -4.0°C (8:00 AM CET on January 17, 2013). Conditions: Snow. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: -5.0°C. Pressure: 29.91 in 1013 hPa (Rising).
07:11 cait brr
07:34 alex_a_ Bonjour
07:34 alex_a_ cait :)
07:34 alex_a_ -4 :o
07:34 cait morning alex_a_ :)
07:34 cait yeah :(
07:34 cait and i have to walk to work soon!
07:34 alex_a_ @wunder MRS
07:34 huginn alex_a_: The current temperature in Marseille, France is -1.0°C (8:00 AM CET on January 17, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 60%. Dew Point: -8.0°C. Windchill: -10.0°C. Pressure: 29.65 in 1004 hPa (Rising).
07:34 cait not much warmer where you are!
07:34 alex_a_ brr too
07:34 cait but I hope it will be nice and warm for the hackfest :)
07:35 alex_a_ When is the hackfest ?
07:35 cait hm in march :)
07:35 cait starting 18th I think
07:35 alex_a_ yes
07:39 * magnuse waves
07:39 magnuse @wunder boo
07:40 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is -4.0°C (8:20 AM CET on January 17, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 74%. Dew Point: -8.0°C. Windchill: -11.0°C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1020 hPa (Steady).
07:40 cait @wunder Konstanz
07:40 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is -4.7°C (8:35 AM CET on January 17, 2013). Conditions: Light Snow. Humidity: 92%. Dew Point: -6.0°C. Windchill: -5.0°C. Pressure: 29.83 in 1010 hPa (Steady).
07:40 cait I win.... :(
07:40 magnuse @wunder rrs
07:40 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Roros Lufthavn, Norway is -33.0°C (7:20 AM CET on January 17, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 69%. Dew Point: -37.0°C. Pressure: 30.15 in 1021 hPa (Steady).
07:40 magnuse ouch
07:42 cait hm have to go out there now...
07:42 cait bbiab
07:43 magnuse good luck cait
07:43 magnuse you can do it!
07:47 alex_a_ -33 magnuse ! It's a Martian temperatures ?
07:49 magnuse alex_a_: nope, inland temperature from the south of norway - probably one of the coldest places in norway, on average :-)
07:50 alex_a_ I could not survive over there
07:55 reiveune joined #koha
07:55 rangi @wunder nzwn
07:55 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 12.0°C (8:00 PM NZDT on January 17, 2013). Conditions: Light Rain Showers. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 10.0°C. Pressure: 29.47 in 998 hPa (Rising).
07:55 reiveune hello
07:57 lds joined #koha
08:07 magnuse wellington on the other hand sounds rather pleaseant :-)
08:12 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:12 gaetan_B hello
08:12 magnuse bonjour!
08:16 gaetan_B ;)
08:16 asaurat joined #koha
08:31 kf joined #koha
08:31 kf good morning #koha
08:43 trendynick_ joined #koha
09:52 magnuse i'm suddenly getting lots of the error "Can't use string ("") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 1555." on both searches and detail views both in intranet and opac on one of my 3.8.8 installs - anyone else seen that? same error everywhere, but not in other installs running off the same code
10:03 lms joined #koha
10:06 kf oh
10:06 kf not seen that in my tests this morning, but Ididn't search :(
10:09 magnuse i'm pretty sure it must be a data problem
10:12 mtj magnuse, heya
10:13 magnuse kia ora mtj
10:13 mtj i've spotted something similar recently on a dev koha
10:13 magnuse at the moment i spsuspect a missing autorized value
10:13 mtj for me, it was a data problem too - some missing auth_values, i think....
10:13 mtj snap ;)
10:13 magnuse a ha! :-)
10:14 mtj missing 'ccode', or 'lost' authcodes, perhaps?
10:23 qu-bit joined #koha
10:28 pastebot "magnuse" at pasted "it works! (not sure why)" (9 lines) at
10:28 magnuse looks like there is a problem with the $tagslib variable being passed to GetAuthorisedValueDesc?
10:34 mtj hmm, that looks like a fix, to me :)
10:39 magnuse but i'd like to know a little bit more about why $tagslib is not defined :-)
10:46 paul_p joined #koha
10:59 slef bah... any other developers get confused and sometimes submit patches against stable? :-/
10:59 kf hm no :)
10:59 kf ;)
11:00 slef libraries report bugs on stable, so we need to deploy fixes against stable without waiting for the transit from master to stable and possibly to oldstable
11:07 kf i always develop my patches against master and then backport
11:11 kf but not so often
11:11 kf I mean it doesn't happen all that often
11:11 kf that we get a library reporting a problem that can't wait for a fix
11:12 slef I do, but I backport, then bz attach... and sometimes I forget to switch back to the master branch.
11:12 mtj slef, sometimes i accidentally do that too :)
11:13 slef after all, I need to backport to test it on the catalogue reporting the error (which might depend on the whole database...)
11:13 mtj (but often the stable patch applies ok to master, so no problem)
11:14 slef mtj: I'm getting increasing failure frequency as stable ages.
11:15 mtj ahh yeah, i guess that is to be expected :/
11:28 vfernandes joined #koha
11:29 vfernandes hello :)
11:57 vfernandes can anyone explain me what is opac-ccsr?
11:59 kf it's an alternate theme for the opac
11:59 kf responsive design
12:03 vfernandes responsive design?
12:05 kf the display changes depending on the size of your screen
12:06 kf it's nice on your mobile phone and nice on your big desktop
12:06 vfernandes hummm ok :)
12:13 kf vfernandes: maybe just try it out :) I think it's probably not perfect yet, but should show you what can be done
12:14 vfernandes I don't have 3.10 installed yet
12:14 vfernandes only 3.8
12:15 vfernandes i'm doing 3.10 translations and I was suprised to see a opac-ccsr.po
12:15 kf ah right
12:15 kf I think I would finish the others first
12:30 gerundio hey, if I assign the plugin to the inventory number subfield (stock number?!? I don't know the original name) do I get incremental numbers like the barcode generator?
12:34 jwagner joined #koha
12:39 vfernandes kf by the way... once I've translated 3.8 completely to portuguese and almost 3.10, it's possible to add the company name to the about Koha?
12:39 kf vfernandes: I don't think we have strict rules about that
12:39 kf I think we sure can add yu to the translators tab
12:40 kf and you also did some patches, not sure how this shoudl be handles
12:40 slef gerundio: that depends on the a system preference called something like autobarcode. The function might be called something like fixup_barcode but I don't remember.
12:41 vfernandes yes that would be nice for me and the company I work for to appear in the About Koha
12:41 slef gerundio: but no, I suspect won't do incremental numbers. You'd need to read it to find out.
12:41 vfernandes do I need to talk to someone specifically?
12:43 vfernandes or you can pass the message to the responsible? :)
12:43 slef vfernandes: include it in the patch?
12:44 NateC joined #koha
12:44 vfernandes the first patches I've done I forgot the add the label "Sponsored-by"... in the last ones I've included the label
12:44 jcamins_away vfernandes: you only need Sponsored-by to appear once per release. :)
12:46 slef vfernandes: around line 360 of koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/ - could you correct our name to "" while you're there, please? ;)
12:46 slef @query
12:46 huginn slef: No results for ""
12:46 slef @query About Koha
12:46 vfernandes slef i'm not there :D I was just asking
12:46 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2705 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Patron import should warn about invalid characters
12:46 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6735 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, NEW , Note about range isn't showing range
12:46 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8404 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Show additional information about borrowers on routing list
12:46 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7750 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nengard, NEW , Release notes for stable releases should be in Master
12:46 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5968 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , News display on is particular about browser language settings
12:47 vfernandes can I change and submit as a patch? it's what you are saying?
12:48 jcamins Exactly. :)
12:48 slef vfernandes: yes
12:48 slef vfernandes: then I was looking to see if there was an existing bug for such things
12:48 vfernandes ohhh nice :) i'll do that this afternoon
12:48 slef vfernandes: let me know and I'll sign it off if it fixes our name too ;)
12:49 vfernandes of course slef :) I'll change it
12:49 slef (we're currently "Software Coop" for some reason)
12:50 vfernandes don't worry... considered it done
12:51 vfernandes still 18K words to translate...
12:51 jwagner slef, since both companies contributed code separately before the acquisition, I would leave them as separate entries
12:53 slef jwagner: But if one is now part of the other (and its company is inactive since 2008), I feel we should reflect that.
12:54 jwagner That list appears to be specific to a NZ subsidiary
12:54 jwagner s/list/link/
12:56 slef well, the US entity wasn't ever called liblime, was it?
12:57 jwagner So far as I know, it was. I don't know details of the incorporation
13:00 slef jwagner: I'm sure older US hands will remind me, but I'm pretty sure it was a trading name of Kados Inc or something like that.
13:01 slef jwagner: Paul POULAIN doesn't appear as a distinct company since BibLibre took over his business, which I feel is a similar situation.
13:01 slef (he used to trade in his own name)
13:02 jwagner I can't see why it's a problem, but if it disturbs you I can ask our management to clarify the various company names.
13:03 slef You might want to do that for your own benefit, to find out the history, but I'm not sure it matters for the purpose of deciding whether to replace a credit line after a business is acquired.
13:04 slef Else it could become as silly as the roadsign-spamming on our motorways... lots of differently named shell companies so they get lots of credit on the road signs.
13:12 slef lunch
13:13 kf enjoy :)
13:13 slef ww
13:17 oleonard joined #koha
13:18 kf good morning oleonard
13:18 oleonard Hi
13:21 * oleonard finds himself at Point A when he should be at a meeting at Point B shortly
13:22 francharb joined #koha
13:22 francharb hello  #koha
13:27 * magnuse hopes points A and B are really close to each other
13:27 edveal joined #koha
13:27 oleonard I'm telling myself I just needed to come in to work for 15 minutes before the meeting
13:27 oleonard Hi francharb
13:30 qu-bit_ joined #koha
13:42 edveal joined #koha
14:07 edveal left #koha
14:07 edveal joined #koha
14:09 gerundio slef, back from lunch
14:09 gerundio thanks for the feedback earlier and sorry to leave you hanging
14:10 gerundio this whole auto barcode and inventory/stock number thing is still not clear to me
14:11 gerundio from what I could tell there's a barcode generator perl script which can be defined on the global system preferences
14:11 gerundio the "autoBarcode" preference you mentioned
14:11 magnuse do we really have to say Koha *Online* Catalogue everywhere - in this day and age?
14:12 gerundio I looked into the source code and saw how that preference affects the script behavior
14:13 gerundio so basically I got that part figured out and I'm planing to use the incremental option (generated in the form 1, 2, 3.) from now on
14:13 gerundio my doubt relates to inventory/stock number generation
14:14 gerundio since there is a script I was thinking if I could use it to generate incremental numbers too
14:14 gerundio so, is it possible?
14:17 francharb joined #koha
14:23 libsysguy joined #koha
14:24 vfernandes slef and jcamins, since i've already submitted some patches to Koha can I add myself to the development team in
14:29 jcamins vfernandes: I thought I did?
14:29 jcamins If I did not, then yes, a patch is needed.
14:29 jcamins Yes, you are there. Right before Katrin. :)
14:30 jcamins It's alphabetical by last name.
14:30 vfernandes ohh there is :)
14:31 vfernandes but I can add the company I work for?
14:31 jcamins Sure. :)
14:31 vfernandes in the first patch accept i forgot the sponsored-by label
14:31 jcamins That doesn't matter.
14:32 jcamins The sponsored-by is used for release notes not
14:33 jcamins While you are in there, could you add "C & P Bibliography Services, USA"? :)
14:33 jcamins There's a standing bug for this...
14:33 vfernandes of course jcamins... i will correct the company of slef to... KEEP SOLUTIONS before of after Katipo? because of E capital
14:33 jcamins bug 7143
14:33 wahanui bug 7143 is ready for an easy signoff
14:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7143 trivial, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to Master , Bug for tracking changes to the about page
14:34 jcamins After. We ignore capitalization. :)
14:34 jcamins Thanks!
14:35 vfernandes I will create a new bug, that's fine?
14:36 jcamins Even better! :)
14:39 kf _=
14:40 talljoy joined #koha
14:40 kf vfernandes: I am not sure what you want to do - but there are several plugins for stocknumbers/inventory numbers right now
14:40 kf vfernandes: and they should be able to generate incremental numbers for you - even with prefixes
14:41 gerundio kf, you meant to talk to me, right?
14:41 kf ugh sorry
14:41 kf was not at my desk and just reading back
14:41 gerundio I just want incremental stocknumbers, like the barcode
14:42 gerundio my doubdt is since there is no system preference for it
14:42 gerundio all I have to do is assign the "" plugin to the respective field, right?
14:42 jcamins gerundio: there are value builder plugins for it.
14:42 jcamins Yes.
14:44 kf gerundio: the autobarcode is the exception - not the rule here
14:44 kf most plugins just work
14:44 gerundio I see
14:44 kf when connected to the field and don't have additional configuation options
14:44 gerundio from the looks of the source code the stocknumber is something like "$branchcode.'_'.$nextnum"
14:44 gerundio not just a clean incremental number
14:45 vfernandes bug 9418
14:45 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9418 trivial, P5 - low, ---, vfernandes, NEW , Some corrections and additions to
14:45 jcamins gerundio: there are a bunch of plugins.
14:45 vfernandes needs signoff :)
14:45 gerundio seems to do the trick :D
14:45 jcamins Look at..
14:45 jcamins That's the one.
14:45 jcamins :)
14:45 jcamins vfernandes++
14:45 gerundio kf++
14:45 kf :)
14:45 gerundio slef++
14:45 gerundio jcamins++
14:46 kf jcamins++ gerundio++ vfernandes++ :D
14:46 * kf was in the mood
14:46 JesseM joined #koha
14:46 kf ok... now who volunteers to finish the sql scripts for german library statistics for me?
14:46 kf ...
14:46 kf hi JesseM
14:46 jcamins Not me, sorry.
14:46 kf RMs are excused:)
14:46 JesseM Hi kf
14:47 jcamins kf: sneaky, getting Jesse to volunteer like that!
14:47 kf heh
14:47 JesseM oh no :)
14:48 kf I will spare your sanity :)
14:51 paul_p joined #koha
14:53 sturmtruppen joined #koha
14:54 sturmtruppen hi koha
14:54 sturmtruppen i have a problem with the installation on Debian with the packages
14:55 mib_7ppale joined #koha
14:55 mib_7ppale buenos Días
14:56 sturmtruppen i cannot reach the installer. I obtain "System Maintenance The koha online catalog is offline..."
14:57 kf sturmtruppen: you are probably looking at the opac url .)
14:57 kf how did you install?
14:57 sturmtruppen debian packages
14:57 wahanui debian packages are at
14:57 maximep joined #koha
14:57 kf most of the time it's your opac url plus port :8080
14:57 sturmtruppen same result
14:58 kf hm nt sure about the default for packages
14:58 jcamins sturmtruppen: Debian packages use DNS by default.
14:58 kf you can do things like opac. and intra. there
14:58 sturmtruppen koha:8080 kohaadmin:8080 - same result
14:58 jcamins If you don't have DNS configured yet, you'll need to adjust the Apache site file.
14:58 sturmtruppen how?
14:59 jcamins Take a look at /etc/apache2/sites-available/[instancename]
14:59 jcamins (you'll need sudo)
14:59 jcamins There are going to be two <Listen> sections
14:59 qu-bit joined #koha
14:59 sturmtruppen grep -i ServerName * result koha and kohaadmin
14:59 jcamins Do you have DNS set up?
15:00 jcamins It sounds to me like you do not.
15:01 sturmtruppen none <Listen> section, just 2 <VirtualHost *:80>
15:01 jcamins That's what I meant.
15:01 jcamins I don't use Apache anymore.
15:01 jcamins And I disliked it so much that I have gone out of my way to forget everything about it. ;)
15:01 datadoctor joined #koha
15:02 jcamins So you can adjust the intranet section to be <VirtualHost *:8080> and add "Listen 8080" to /etc/apache2/ports.conf.
15:02 sturmtruppen ok, i'll try now
15:03 jcamins Then restart Apache.
15:03 sturmtruppen it works!
15:03 sturmtruppen thanks.
15:03 jcamins Good!
15:03 jcamins For production you'll of course need to set up DNS.
15:04 * jcamins has an idea: we could provide a Zeroconf profile for OPAC and Intranet!
15:04 sturmtruppen it's school biblio, only one pc
15:04 jcamins If you're not making it available to the Internet, I might just leave it, then.
15:05 sturmtruppen no internet for sure.
15:07 mib_7ppale Por favor, Hay alguien que hable Español?
15:10 jcamins Yo no creo que alguien que está aquí ahora habla español. (que era de Google Translate)
15:13 jcamins ¿Qué problema tiene?
15:14 jcamins (si es que es bastante simple, tal vez te pueda ayudar sin saber español :)
15:18 mib_7ppale el problema es que cualquier proceso .pl esta consumiendo demasiado uso de cpu
15:18 mib_7ppale incluyendo el proceso
15:19 jcamins Oh, estuviste aquí ayer. Esto necesita un altavoz español. : (
15:19 mib_7ppale si señor
15:19 mib_7ppale ya aumentamos a 16 GB de RAM
15:19 jcamins "un altavoz español"... ¿no es así?
15:19 mib_7ppale si
15:20 jcamins Si 16GB no es suficiente, creo que hay un problema con el servidor. Tal vez porque es Suse.
15:21 vfernandes mib_7ppale percebes português?
15:21 mib_7ppale El servidor ya no esta realizando swapping
15:21 mib_7ppale y el consumo de memoria ya es normal
15:22 vfernandes mib_7ppale tenho tido um problema parecido num dos servidores e ainda não descobri o porquê
15:23 jcamins Creo que hay una lista en idioma español. Si, lo encontré:
15:23 mib_7ppale cuando realizo una busqueda por el OPAC llega hasta 70%
15:23 mib_7ppale de CPU
15:25 mib_7ppale we were trailing with 10 users
15:26 mib_7ppale load average: 9.82, 1.65, 0.76
15:26 jcamins o.O
15:26 mib_7ppale is this normal?
15:26 jcamins No!
15:27 jcamins Definitely not.
15:30 gaetan_B left #koha
15:31 gaetan_B joined #koha
15:34 mib_7ppale this consume is only with .pl process
15:38 jcamins It seems like this is not a problem with Koha per se.
15:38 jcamins All I can think of is that it has something to do with Suse.
15:40 druthb_mobile joined #koha
15:41 maximep 10 users searching when a rebuild is running could make the load go up to 9.82 for a minute, no ?
15:42 druthb_mobile Hi
15:42 jcamins maximep: I guess, but that seems like an awfully high load.
15:43 jcamins I guess maybe if you sent 10 exactly simultaneous requests.
15:43 jcamins Hi, druthb!
15:43 mib_7ppale yes sir 10  simultaneous requests
15:43 druthb_mobile Hi.:)
15:44 jcamins mib_7ppale: down to the _second_?
15:44 mib_7ppale they are in loans
15:45 mib_7ppale circulation
15:45 wahanui hmmm... circulation is really much faster with that... But also display of biblios with many items......
15:45 jcamins I have never seen a load that high when my server wasn't getting DOSed by a Chinese search engine.
15:46 mib_7ppale this operation is in borrows
15:46 mib_7ppale however, processes are released rapidly
15:47 mib_7ppale these are peaks cpu
15:47 jcamins Do you have the VM limited to just 1 or 2 cores?
15:47 mib_7ppale 9.82 is not in minutes
15:48 mib_7ppale This figure is in terms of load
15:48 slef jcamins: we've had one catalogue getting spidered by some froggy colo this week. Had to block it at the firewall :-/
15:48 mib_7ppale of linux
15:48 jcamins slef: ditto.
15:48 jcamins mib_7ppale: I know. But that still seems high.
15:48 slef jcamins: froggy colo?
15:48 jcamins slef: well, last week.
15:48 jcamins Blocking the spider at the firewall.
15:49 jcamins It was filling ~50 requests/second according to the logs when it kicked the bucket.
15:50 mib_7ppale we cimbed to 4 cores
15:50 jcamins (counting images, CSS, JS)
15:50 mib_7ppale we climbed to 4 cores
15:50 jcamins (this was on a server roughtly 1/4 the size of mib_7ppale's, shared between four catalogs)
15:51 jcamins mib_7ppale: I don't know why you would be seeing performance issues.
15:53 mib_7ppale yes
15:54 mib_7ppale what requisites are necesary to run perl?
15:54 mib_7ppale .pl files
15:55 jcamins Perl, and the various libraries listed as dependencies.
15:56 drojf joined #koha
15:56 mib_7ppale some version in particular for hoka 3.8.6?
15:56 jcamins Perl 5.10+
15:56 slef there's a dependency checker... but I doubt this causes your high load
15:57 mib_7ppale we have perl v5.12.1
15:57 jcamins I think it's more likely to be something about the way Perl is configured by Suse, or the scheduler that has been selected, or...
15:57 mib_7ppale the load is by .pl process
15:58 slef sure but it's probably something to do with what they're doing, rather than the versions in use
15:58 jcamins The only advice I can give you is "test it on Debian" to see if it's a configuration issue.
15:59 mib_7ppale we are do to borrows in the trail controlled with 10 users
15:59 jcamins So you see this on both Debian and Suse?
16:00 jcamins Or whichever distro you are using for production?
16:00 mib_7ppale we have ony suse linux linux enterprise 11
16:01 jcamins I don't have any more advice, sorry.
16:01 mib_7ppale unfortunately
16:02 vfernandes slef check bug 9418...
16:02 slef I'd try inspect the apache server-status and the pl processes with ps, maybe try running the pl processes in the perl debugger and/or test the underlying queries by using koha's perl API
16:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9418 trivial, P5 - low, ---, vfernandes, Needs Signoff , Some corrections and additions to
16:02 jcamins The two options I can think of are: 1) there is a problem with the server hardware it's on, such as the server is overload, or 2) there's something strange about Suse's configuration.
16:03 slef They're not easy things to explain how to do though. Sorry.
16:03 slef vfernandes: sorry got to go out the door like right now. :( I'll get it as soon as I can
16:03 jcamins *server is overloaded
16:03 mib_7ppale thanks
16:03 mib_7ppale before run process koha is ok
16:04 datadoctor mib_7ppale: We get problems when our zebra indexing stumbles on a malformed record - are your cronjobs active or inactive?
16:04 jcamins datadoctor: oh, there's a thought.
16:05 vfernandes no problem slef... it's only to inform you that the bug is already with a patch... be free to sign it off :)
16:06 mib_7ppale the cronjos are active
16:06 jcamins mib_7ppale: how frequently do you have them running?
16:07 mib_7ppale each 5 minutes
16:07 jcamins Hrm. That shouldn't be a problem.
16:07 jcamins Do you have any rebuild_zebra or zebraidx processes running right now?
16:08 datadoctor Good question jcamins.
16:09 mib_7ppale No
16:09 jcamins Hm. So it's probably not a Zebra issue.
16:10 jcamins I am out of ideas, again.
16:10 datadoctor The only other thing I can think of is table locking. Sometimes InnoDB data can convert to MyISAM when transferring, leading to table-level locking, which can slow modifications.
16:10 jcamins datadoctor: ouch. Painful!
16:10 mib_7ppale I verify the crons aren´t active
16:11 jcamins mib_7ppale: so you should check that the tables in your Koha database are InnoDB and not MyISAM.
16:11 gmcharlt mysqltuner might be useful to run as well
16:12 kf oleonard: around?
16:12 oleonard Yes
16:12 mib_7ppale if the crons aren´t active they can produce performance problems
16:12 kf hi :)
16:13 kf I am working on a patch for 9403
16:13 kf bug 9403
16:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9403 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Material type icons not showing for XSLT default view in intranet
16:13 datadoctor Indexing will take longer once you reactivate the crons, but that's not a huge performance hit.
16:13 kf I noted that we have a different file structure for the images in opac and intranet
16:14 kf /opac-tmpl/lib/famfamfam/silk/book_link.png
16:14 kf would be
16:14 datadoctor We had a problem with the indexing, and it generated large shadow files for indexing, and a huge temp file. How is your disk analysis looking mib_7ppale?
16:15 kf /intranet-tmpl/prog/img/famfamfam/silk... is there a plan to move the image directories above the prog too?
16:15 kf ah hm, ignore that
16:15 kf I will just keep it the way it is I guess
16:17 mib_7ppale Open suse is installed in spanish
16:17 druthb_mobile joined #koha
16:18 * oleonard obediently ignores kf
16:18 kf sorry :)
16:18 jcamins kf: eventually I would like to, but I don't have a tuit. :)
16:19 kf yeah, I figured me neither :)
16:19 oleonard You're doing well kf. Usually I don't resist the urge to fix the other thing that I see when fixing the thing and then I get in over my head.
16:21 kf oleonard: :)
16:21 kf i know what you mean.... trying to get this thing finished without doing too much
16:21 kf but I am implementing a new syspref...
16:21 kf so I am not doing all that well
16:21 kf i noticed you can turn the display off in the opac (materialtype icons, format and the like)
16:21 kf so I guess we want that too for the intranet
16:22 oleonard kf: I wouldn't fail a patch that didn't include that.
16:23 kf would you failone that did?
16:23 kf :)
16:23 * oleonard isn't saying :P
16:25 druthb_mobile How awesomely cool....I'm talking to a server in Argentina, while sitting in the cab of a *moving* vehicle in rural eastern Pennsylvania, USA.
16:26 druthb_mobile ..tcohen++
16:26 jcamins Nice!
16:26 jcamins Heading back to Lawrence?
16:26 oleonard Hopefully not by cab!
16:26 druthb_mobile Yes.  Working on the 3.8.x string freeze update now.  Did 3.10 last night late.
16:27 kf druthb++ :)
16:27 kf oleonard: I hope not :)
16:27 asaurat left #koha
16:31 mib_7ppale thanks a los for you help
16:36 rambutan joined #koha
16:37 lds joined #koha
16:38 reiveune bye
16:38 reiveune left #koha
16:40 kf oh
16:40 kf that's weird. the pref description for the existing one  is... misleading
16:41 kf On pages displayed with XSLT stylesheets on the OPAC show/don't show icons for itemtype and authorized values.
16:41 kf but it's actually turning off and on the format/audience/type line in the xslt?
16:41 oleonard Which pref?
16:41 kf DisplayOPACiconsXSLT
16:42 kf the description in syspref.sql would be ok, it's the .pref that is so different
16:42 oleonard Yeah that's not just misleading, it's wrong.
16:42 kf maybe one of the mistakes made by translating to the new pref editor?
16:43 kf I could change it
16:43 kf I put this in sysprefs.sql:
16:43 kf If ON, displays the format, audience, and material type icons in XSLT MARC21 results and detail pages.
16:43 kf we could make it: Show/Don't show the format.... maybe?
16:44 kf with and without the OPAC part
16:45 oleonard Show/Don't show the format, audience, and material type icons in XSLT MARC21 results and detail pages in the staff client
16:46 kf done
16:46 kf oleonard: see. I am being not good at all!
16:47 oleonard kf: Can you upgrade jQuery while you're at it? ;)
16:47 kf lol
16:47 kf no!
16:47 kf out of the scope of my bug :P
16:50 jcamins Hey, speaking of upgrading jQuery...
16:50 jcamins kf: why don't you change some of the menus to use Bootstrap so Agent075 doesn't have to do it all.
16:50 * oleonard puts his fingers in his ears and sings 'The Star Spangled Banner'
16:51 jcamins Since you're in there. :P
16:51 oleonard Is Agent075 working on that jcamins ?
16:51 jcamins oleonard: oh, you didn't see the video?
16:51 oleonard No
16:51 jcamins I guess you wouldn't have, since it was shared at about 11 o'clock last night.
16:51 jcamins I'm finding it.
16:51 * oleonard sleeps
16:52 jcamins
16:52 jcamins That navigation is entirely with the keyboard.
16:52 kf havent read the logs yet from last night
16:52 kf but it looks nice
16:52 oleonard I take it they evaluated it and found it more accessible than YUI jcamins?
16:53 jcamins Yeah.
16:53 kf I think anything is more accessible than yui....
16:53 oleonard that's good news
16:53 jcamins It's Bootstrap not jQuery, but the two are somewhat related.
16:53 oleonard I guess I could have pointed out the branch I have where I did all that work already :|
16:54 jcamins Hmmm... yes.
16:54 * oleonard smacks forehead
16:54 oleonard I asked wizzyrea if they could evaluate the accessibility of Bootstrap but didn't realize they were going to dive right in
16:55 kf oleonard: oh ouch
16:55 Dyrcona joined #koha
16:55 kf oleonard: but at least you seem to think it's a good idea? :)
16:55 jcamins Yeah, they did initial testing yesterday, and today they will be having Julian test the new interface.
16:55 kf Julius?
16:55 oleonard Oh yeah, it has been my plan kf
16:56 jcamins kf: their accessibility expert.
16:56 kf yep i know :)
16:58 jcamins Oh.
16:58 jcamins Yes, Julius.
16:58 * jcamins sighs.
16:59 kf hm
16:59 kf I don't know how to write a commit message that will not sound weird in release notes
17:01 melia joined #koha
17:02 oleonard Here's as far as I got:
17:03 jcamins I don't think they got to the buttons at all.
17:03 oleonard I don't know why I didn't think that branch was available when I talked to wizzyrea yesterday :(
17:03 * oleonard isn't having the best week
17:05 oleonard It's ip-bootstrap-2012-09-17 at
17:05 oleonard It hasn't been rebased in a while (but more recently than 2012-09-17 I think)
17:05 jcamins @later tell wizzyrea oleonard has a branch you should look at: ip-bootstrap-2012-09-17 at
17:05 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
17:06 oleonard I wanted to get Bug 6261 in before I worked more on it
17:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6261 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Consolidate patron toolbar include files
17:11 gaetan_B bye !
17:35 mib_dkj2ro joined #koha
17:46 libsysguy is rangi in yet?
17:46 libsysguy probably not
17:48 libsysguy @later tell rangi could I get a wip branch on and possibly push access to the migration toolbox?
17:48 huginn libsysguy: The operation succeeded.
17:50 talljoy joined #koha
17:50 oleonard Wow I sure don't like finding a github project and finding the download link leads to a PayPal page
17:50 oleonard Seems like a bait and switch
17:51 kf bye all :)
17:52 kf left #koha
17:55 talljoy1 joined #koha
18:32 cait joined #koha
18:37 aqualaptop joined #koha
18:42 jcamins_away libsysguy: what we need is a working repo.
18:42 libsysguy agreed
18:42 libsysguy stash for FOSS projects ;)
18:43 jcamins_away I don't remember why we got derailed from setting one up.
18:43 jcamins_away gmcharlt: do you remember why we didn't set up a working repo?
18:43 libsysguy I think that could go a long way in de-duplicating work
18:44 gmcharlt jcamins_away: just a lack of tuits
18:44 gmcharlt I'll set up one tonight
18:44 jcamins_away Yay!
18:44 jcamins_away gmcharlt++
18:45 libsysguy gmcharlt++
18:56 cait jcamins_away: how does a working repo work? :)
18:57 jcamins_away cait: anyone can get push access to it, but only for branches that are named something like user/jcamins/whatever.
18:57 gmcharlt cait:[…]git#working_repos
18:58 cait thx :)
19:00 libsysguy actually (I may be off base here) but it would make for an interesting change if all devs forked master and then patches could be branches…so to RM would handle merges of passed branches into master
19:01 libsysguy so each dev has a wip fork
19:02 jcamins_away libsysguy: that's how Evergreen does it.
19:02 libsysguy does it work?
19:03 gmcharlt libsysguy: quite well
19:03 libsysguy it seems like code traceability would be much easier
19:05 libsysguy actually I'd like to see us use something like this:[…]crucible/overview instead of comments on with to fix in BZ :D
19:05 sophie_m joined #koha
19:06 datadoctor Patch posted for bug 8401 javascript code deletes search terms from global system preferences custom css and js.
19:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8401 critical, P3, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Search term deleted from system preference content
19:08 datadoctor Search system preferences with no worries! :)
19:09 cait datadoctor++
19:16 rambutan joined #koha
19:20 trea joined #koha
19:29 sweil joined #koha
19:36 kathryn morn-ing
19:36 kathryn and eve-ning
19:36 oleonard Was Bug 9399 signed off by someone on the same team as the patch author?
19:36 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9399 trivial, P5 - low, ---, agent.075, Signed Off , Accessibility - Search box options aren't buttons
19:36 alohabot joined #koha
19:38 mtj … and what a nice morning it is :)
19:38 wizzyrea joined #koha
19:38 oleonard Hi wizzyrea
19:38 gerundio joined #koha
19:40 mtj oleonard, afaik yes
19:41 cait mtj: and a nice evening too :)
19:41 cait morning kathryn :)
19:41 kathryn hey cait
19:44 cait oleonard: I think we can be a bit less strict with the academy kids - but it would be great if you could take a look too
19:44 cait oleonard: I will try to look at the patches later, only have to deal with my 'pink' kitchen right now
19:44 jcamins_away Pink?
19:44 bag morning
19:44 jcamins_away Oh.
19:44 jcamins_away Beets.
19:44 cait beets
19:45 kathryn cait: haha!
19:45 * wizzyrea waves
19:45 oleonard cait: I see 9388, 9397, 9398, and 9399. Are there others I should be looking at?
19:46 oleonard So wizzyrea jcamins_away showed me the YouTube video of some Bootstrap work you guys did and I realized I had a work in progress I should have pointed you to
19:46 oleonard Did you get that msg?
19:47 wizzyrea yea just now
19:47 wizzyrea we found that we couldn't/shouldn't includethe css for tables and forms due to collateral damage
19:48 oleonard wizzyrea: Yeah that's one of the things we need to agree on, just how much of the css to bring in
19:48 oleonard I think I have that in one of the commit messages on that branch
19:48 jcamins_away I thought Bootstrap was CSS?
19:48 oleonard Bootstrap is CSS and javascript
19:49 wizzyrea some of it I quite like, for example, the prepend and appending of tips
19:49 wizzyrea on form fields
19:49 wizzyrea but some of it just makes koha go a bit mad.
19:49 oleonard jcamins_away: You can build a custom build of the CSS/JS and include coverage on only certain aspects of the UI
19:49 wizzyrea like their legend definition makes ours go all sorts of insane.
19:49 oleonard Yeah, and <span class="label">
19:50 wizzyrea so we just built a custom bootstrap that left out forms - which limits what we can do somewhat
19:50 wizzyrea (and tables)
19:50 oleonard wizzyrea: What I'm most interested in finding out is whether Bootstrap has the same accessibility problems YUI did
19:50 wizzyrea no!
19:50 wizzyrea it does not at all
19:50 wizzyrea it's quite good actually
19:50 oleonard That's good to know
19:51 wizzyrea at least, keyboard accessibility is vastly improved
19:51 wizzyrea and if you can get that, screen readers can usually get at it
19:51 sophie_m left #koha
19:52 cait oleonard: not sure - in and out right now, still doing housechores - wizzyrea will know
19:52 oleonard This is your last academy day wizzyrea?
19:52 wizzyrea yea - we were thinking of doing some of the circ buttons today, if we had time
19:52 wizzyrea on the toolbar.
19:52 * oleonard has that in the Bootstrap branch he worked on
19:53 wizzyrea ah cool
19:54 oleonard I'm not sure how far that branch is from master. I has been a few weeks I guess.
19:55 oleonard It won't rebase cleanly because of Bug 6261 though
19:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6261 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Consolidate patron toolbar include files
19:55 wizzyrea ahhh yea no it won't will it
19:56 oleonard Anyway, picking a different toolbar set would let you guys get something done without repeating what I did
19:57 aqualaptop joined #koha
20:00 wizzyrea yep, I will take a look at what you did here in a minute
20:02 cait wizzyrea: btw - all the accessibility work on the staff client is pretty cool! :)
20:02 wizzyrea yea corey worked really hard
20:02 oleonard wizzyrea: I apologize for not sharing that link before. I didn't mean to make anyone duplicate work
20:03 wizzyrea :) it's all good
20:03 lds joined #koha
20:15 oleonard wizzyrea: Are there any bugs you'd like me to look at?
20:16 wizzyrea did you do work on the top nav bar, oleonard/
20:16 wizzyrea ?
20:16 oleonard Yes, although mine looks a little different from what I saw in the video
20:17 wizzyrea yea, we hadn't gotten into custom styling the bar
20:17 wizzyrea that's basically default bootstrap stuff - but we did move some things around up there
20:18 wizzyrea mostly on the right hand side
20:18 oleonard Yeah I didn't get a close look but I think my preference is not to collapse any of that stuff
20:19 wizzyrea here's the logic, if it helps
20:19 wizzyrea in ubuntu, the username in the upper right hand corner
20:19 wizzyrea it's a menu, and it does stuff
20:19 wizzyrea you do user-y things there
20:20 wizzyrea setting library, and logging out
20:20 wizzyrea are user-y things
20:20 wizzyrea so it made sense to us to put it under that menu
20:20 wizzyrea the ? was simply off the screen when I did the screencast
20:21 wizzyrea but we changed it to the word "help"
20:21 wizzyrea "Help" actually
20:22 jcamins_away wizzyrea: wasn't that a film?
20:22 oleonard Looking again and seeing that you have both the username and branch showing I am more okay with it
20:22 wizzyrea yea, we did user @ branch
20:22 wizzyrea which was contentious here, as that looks like an email address
20:22 wizzyrea so we may change that bit.
20:25 cjh the koha cookie flavour is awesome!
20:25 oleonard Having a menu would let us put in a "my account" link which I would find useful
20:25 cjh wizzyrea++ baking!
20:25 wizzyrea oh yeaaaaa
20:25 jcamins_away Which one?
20:25 wahanui Which one is, like, the "native" files
20:25 wizzyrea I like that
20:26 wizzyrea it would be nice to be able to jump to your own user account.
20:26 wizzyrea lol, i've actually always wanted that. :)
20:26 cjh oleonard: fwiw:  we were really adamant on having both the username and current branch displayed, we didnt want to remove information.
20:27 MrAgent075 joined #koha
20:27 oleonard It will be an adjustment for existing users. I remember when Facebook hid their log out link it felt like they were doing it to be sneaky
20:28 jcamins_away It did?
20:28 jcamins_away Facebook hid their logout link?
20:28 wizzyrea mm yea, that's fair I guess - however - facebook has done one thing for us that is nice
20:28 wizzyrea and that is teach users that things just change sometimes.
20:28 jcamins_away If that's true, then clearly I don't pay much attention.
20:28 oleonard ...and that you have to click that menu to find the hidden log out link ;)
20:28 cjh generally things in the top are either buttons or dropdowns, it feels a bit odd to have non-clickable text (like the username) or have it have hidden function when you click, hence the dropdown.
20:28 ibeardslee and that regardless peoplewill cry over any changes
20:29 cjh there are other ways of doing it, we just quite liked the dropdown menu as it seemed 'obvious'
20:29 ibeardslee wizzyrea: ^^ see stupid spacebar
20:29 cjh ibeardslee: we feel your pain
20:29 jcamins_away cjh: cookie did wizzyrea bake?
20:29 wizzyrea haha yea
20:29 wizzyrea I baked the koha cookie :)
20:29 wizzyrea coconut curry oatmeal ones
20:29 cjh jcamins_away: indeed, curry + coconut + choc chips + cranberry
20:30 aqualaptop jcamins_away: they are the "worst" cookies I've had in my life
20:30 aqualaptop yet I keep eating thm
20:30 cjh ^^ he has had like 5
20:30 * wizzyrea ignores aqua
20:30 aqualaptop wizzyrea: :(
20:30 MrAgent075 omnom...
20:30 jcamins_away Nice!
20:30 * cjh is pretty sure aqualaptop is lying
20:30 jcamins_away I may have to bake those.
20:30 jcamins_away Actually, I _definitely_ have to bake those.
20:30 cjh I was really suspicious about the curry, but they are very yummy.
20:31 * MrAgent075 can count. but he prefers to do something more useful than to see how many cookie one person takes.
20:31 wizzyrea these guys are lucky I didn't bake the gluten free ones (though they are really no different)
20:31 jcamins_away The curried coconut cookie has spoken of, they must be summoned!
20:31 wizzyrea (and in some ways better)
20:31 jcamins_away MrAgent075: ah, hoping no one was counting how many you ate? :P
20:31 jcamins_away wizzyrea: what flour do you use?
20:31 wizzyrea for the gluten free ones?
20:31 jcamins_away Yeah.
20:32 jcamins_away Since the ones with gluten have gluten, I gather you use wheat flour. :)
20:32 MrAgent075 jcamins_away: eah... xd
20:32 wizzyrea somewhat less than it calls for almond flour, and about 1/8c coconut flour
20:32 jcamins_away Ah.
20:32 MrAgent075 Coconut Flour?
20:32 wahanui Coconut Flour is REALLY expensive
20:32 jcamins_away I don't have either.
20:32 jcamins_away And that's why.
20:32 MrAgent075 Didn't even know you could make flour out of coconut.
20:32 jcamins_away I have rice flour.
20:34 * oleonard didn't expect wahanui to know the price of coconut flour
20:34 jcamins_away oleonard: he's been hanging around me too much.
20:35 ibeardslee MrAgent075: the things one learns while working on koha.
20:37 jcamins_away ibeardslee: it's true. Until I started working on Koha, I did not know that pizza was on Fridays.
20:37 aqualaptop jcamins_away: pizza can be on everyday :D
20:37 wizzyrea oleonard: the branch you're referring to is ip-bootstrap-2012-09-17 right?
20:37 oleonard Yes
20:38 jcamins_away aqualaptop: true, but on Thursdays one doesn't necessarily know to expect pizza.
20:38 aqualaptop jcamins_away: at catalyst one would expect pizza on one thursday a month
20:39 wizzyrea cool
20:39 wizzyrea ty
20:39 jcamins_away aqualaptop: that's at one company in New Zealand, and maybe the UK. I know that pizza should be on the menu throughout the world on Fridays!
20:40 jcamins_away See what useful things I learned from #koha? :)
20:42 Dyrcona Is it beer o'clock, yet?
20:43 rangi nope only 6 hours tho
20:45 oleonard Ugh. jQuery 1.9 removes a long-deprecated feature used by the star-ratings plugin we have in the OPAC :(
20:45 jcamins_away Oh no!
20:46 jcamins_away What feature?
20:46 wahanui it has been said that feature is only for 856u (under xslt) and any links in the biblio or item in normal view.. ill do the xslt for normac and unimarc too when i figure it out
20:46 oleonard
20:46 rangi hmm can we code the star ratings in a way to not use that?
20:46 oleonard browser_sniffing--
20:47 mtj hmm, i wonder if theres a newer star-ratings release, with a fix?
20:47 jcamins_away Looks like we can replace it with
20:47 jcamins_away At least, the documentation says that.
20:48 oleonard Heck, the version of jQueryUI we have uses it too! But at least we can upgrade that
20:48 jcamins_away Didn't we just upgrade jQueryUI?
20:49 oleonard No
20:49 mtj bah, afaik we have the latest star-rating release ->
20:50 oleonard Yup
20:50 rangi so we'd have to fix it ourselves?
20:51 oleonard Wow, is there a jquery plugin we use which *doesn't* use .browser?!
20:52 jcamins_away oleonard: probably not?
20:52 jcamins_away Seems like maybe removing .browser was a bit premature if everything depends on it.
20:52 oleonard There goes my plan for a quick and easy upgrade to jQuery 1.9 :(
20:52 jcamins_away :(
20:53 jcamins_away I don't suppose it was moved into a handy plugi?
20:53 jcamins_away *plugin?
20:53 mtj ah, i am wrong - we are some minor releases behind on the ratings code
20:53 mtj[…]lugin/source/list
20:53 oleonard It's just the kind of mess I get myself into 20 minutes before I leave for the day.
20:53 mtj koha is on r41, latest is r46
20:54 wizzyrea jcamins: those two patches that are through qa - it's ok to push them whenever you are ready :)
20:54 mtj the commits say ratings is only tested on jquery 1.4
20:55 jcamins_away wizzyrea: I will when I can.
20:55 wizzyrea coool thanks
20:56 mtj ah, thats an old commit from 2010 - ignore me :p
21:03 oleonard http://jquery-howto.blogspot.c[…]uery-version.html
21:10 mtj hey, heres some good news… theres only 1 reference for $.browser in the ratings code, for IE6
21:10 mtj[…]2854d;hb=HEAD#l17
21:10 rangi IE6 ?
21:11 rangi i vote we just rip that out then :)
21:11 oleonard Seconded.
21:11 mtj ummm, yep! :p
21:11 rangi its irresponsible to allow ppl to use IE6 :)
21:12 jcamins_away jQuery doesn't work with IE6.
21:12 jcamins_away At least, not the jQuery in the 3.2 OPAC.
21:13 * oleonard is surprised by not particularly motivated by that statement
21:13 jcamins_away (no, that wasn't a typo... I don't use IE6, I just recall the jQuery in the OPAC didn't work on IE6)
21:14 rangi yeah supporting IE6 is not something we should spend time on
21:15 mtj pssh, so typical of 'the rock' to think the latest version of jquery was 1.6… :/
21:15 jcamins_away mtj: I thought it was 1.4.2...
21:15 oleonard Okay, world problems solved, time to go home. See you all later.
21:15 mtj cya owen
21:20 cait oleonard++ #while he is not looking :)
21:21 NateC joined #koha
21:27 NateC joined #koha
21:27 BigRig__ joined #koha
21:28 BigRig joined #koha
21:32 libsysguy joined #koha
21:46 rangi ohh cool a patch from datadoctor
21:48 rangi datadoctor: you are Fred P right?
21:48 rangi would you like me to tidy up your patch as i sign it off ... (you forgot to set you username and email in git config)
21:49 * rangi will do it and apologise later :)
21:51 datadoctor oh yeah
21:52 datadoctor Thanks! This is the first patch that I have made, and I think I neglected to configure my git properly.
21:52 datadoctor That's me Fred P!
21:52 datadoctor Thanks rangi!
21:54 rangi no worries testing it now and will tidy it up and sign off
21:56 rangi it works perfectly
22:02 rangi datadoctor:[…]g.cgi?id=8401#c11
22:02 huginn Bug 8401: critical, P3, ---, koha-bugs, Signed Off , Search term deleted from system preference content
22:02 magnuse datadoctor++ for the first patch!
22:03 cait congrats datadoctor
22:03 magnuse rangi++ for signing off on it
22:04 wizzyrea that's what 3 new developers this week :)
22:05 rangi yep
22:05 magnuse making it 200+ total?!?
22:05 rangi 201
22:05 magnuse w00t!!!
22:07 magnuse and so to bed
22:07 rangi sleep well
22:07 datadoctor see y'all! have a good evening / morning!
22:16 cait ... there you go
22:16 rangi sweet :)
22:16 cait bug 8401
22:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8401 critical, P3, ---, koha-bugs, Passed QA , Search term deleted from system preference content
22:25 wizzyrea joined #koha
22:27 maximep left #koha
22:29 rambutan joined #koha
22:44 jcamins_away rangi:
22:51 rangi heh
22:58 edveal left #koha
23:04 jcamins_away Oh, tax time.
23:04 jcamins That time of year when you are presented with a 20-page document and told "if you fill out this, you'll be able to fill out your fifty page tax return."
23:05 wizzyrea joined #koha
23:18 jcamins Eww. The discount/tax rate are pretty hideous without those patches.
23:19 rangi *nod*
23:19 rangi its a good improvement, if not perfect
23:20 rangi a ton better than before
23:21 * jcamins kills a tree.
23:23 jcamins Nice!
23:24 jcamins My git hook just informed me there weren't enough sign off lines.
23:25 cait oh?
23:25 cait did I forget?
23:25 jcamins Nope.
23:25 jcamins It was a patch to the history file.
23:26 jcamins I used git commit --no-verify.
23:26 cait ah right
23:26 jcamins But the point is, the hook worked. :)
23:26 aqualaptop bam, i'm in the cool club now :D
23:28 cait heh
23:28 cait congratulations :)
23:28 * wizzyrea is waiting to see proof
23:29 * cjh is camping out git.kc
23:32 jcamins Proof!
23:32 jcamins Bah. Forgot to note that Corey was a new developer on the bug.
23:33 cjh jcamins: thanks!
23:35 jenkins_koha Starting build #1012 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
23:35 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_9179' into 3.12-master <[…]eb0511a1c9e0005c6> / Add Corey Fuimaono to history <[…]3f67ad024b6ee5185> / Bug 9179 - Incorrect capitalization in <[…]ff;h=a3cb99841ea5
23:37 rangi
23:37 cait cjh, wizzyrea: congratulations to corey from me :)
23:37 wizzyrea he's in channel :)
23:37 wizzyrea MrAgent075:
23:37 cjh aqualaptop++ #199
23:37 jcamins Yeah, yeah, yeah... lots of patches passed QA.
23:38 wizzyrea jcamins++ aqualaptop++ MrAgent075++ cait++
23:38 rangi it was the new developers bit i was showing
23:38 cait ah, was trying autocomplete with a lower case mr :)
23:38 cait MrAgent075: congratulations! :)
23:39 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha 200 developers!! this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software The next general meeting is 7 February 2013, at 2:00 UTC
23:40 wizzyrea rangi++ ibeardslee++ too, for... stuff
23:41 kathryn yayyy!
23:41 cait :)
23:41 cait good night all!
23:42 rangi it'll be 201 pretty soon too
23:42 cait left #koha
23:42 rangi when datadoctors patch is pushed
23:42 cjh \o/
23:42 wizzyrea \o/
23:42 * jcamins contemplates his P&L and balance sheet statements.
23:43 jcamins I know these make sense to someone, but that person is not me right now.

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary