IRC log for #koha, 2012-11-28

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:08 rambutan joined #koha
00:08 rambutan left #koha
00:24 maximep left #koha
00:58 Space_Librarian joined #koha
01:05 melia left #koha
01:05 rangi wizzyrea: 7805 wont be needed for 3.6.x the new permissions only came in in 3.8.x
01:06 wizzyrea right - that's what I gathered but since I was looking at them all, I figured I'd just close them with the note. Maybe that's not the right way to go about it - I do hate filling up people's inboxes.
01:07 wizzyrea (but for that one at least, I did know that the permissions weren't in 3.6)
01:08 rangi ah yeah for those ones i just leave them
01:09 rangi you could note, not needed for 3.6.x if you wanted
01:09 rangi but i usually just leave it
01:09 * rangi is lazy
01:10 rangi mtj++
01:10 rangi (its gonna generate the mail when you resolve it anyway so a little note doesnt hurt :))
01:12 mtj rangi, yeah ultimately the 'sign-off' discussion seemed like a no-brainer to me
01:13 mtj … a little extra effort, for a bunch more security
01:13 rangi *nod*
01:22 rangi hmmm
01:23 rangi that really doesnt seem right, maybe those issues are to do with ubuntu
01:23 rangi but i had none of those issues on debian
01:23 * rangi is talking about the email to the list
01:25 jcamins rangi: I had a problems just now with Debian.
01:26 jcamins Not so extreme.
01:27 jcamins apt seems confused about my architecture.
01:28 jcamins Of course, I don't actually know what architecture I'm on.
01:28 rangi heh
01:28 rangi the theme issue is a known bug .. the rest .. i dont know about
01:31 jcamins How do I find out what architecture I'm on?
01:31 wizzyrea uname -a
01:31 wizzyrea might tell you
01:32 jcamins Thanks.
01:32 jcamins It says amd64.
01:40 jcamins wizzyrea++
01:40 wizzyrea wha?
01:41 Space_Librarian you solved jcamins problem
01:41 wizzyrea oh :)
01:41 jcamins No, actually, for closing bugs.
01:41 Space_Librarian and she does that too.
01:41 * Space_Librarian gives wizzyrea chocolate
01:42 wizzyrea oo
01:42 wizzyrea thanks
01:42 rangi she has that in her drawer already
01:42 rangi and likes to tease us by snapping it loudly!
01:42 rangi :)
01:42 Space_Librarian in case of emergency?
01:42 wizzyrea every day is an emergency.
01:43 rangi yeah whenever i ask her to do something stupid
01:43 wizzyrea !
01:43 rangi snap goes the chocolate
01:43 wizzyrea no no
01:43 rangi i know your tricks
01:43 rangi :)
01:43 wizzyrea HA
01:43 * wizzyrea has no tricks
01:43 wizzyrea no really, it's true, I can't hide anything.
01:43 rangi hehe
01:44 Space_Librarian You need an invisibility cloak.
01:44 wizzyrea true!
01:48 jcamins Hey, does anyone have any really large datasets they want to share with me?
01:49 rangi youve got the ones from openlibrary?
01:49 jcamins Hmmm...
01:49 jcamins no.
01:49 jcamins Good idea.
01:49 rangi[…]ersity_of_toronto
01:49 rangi 5.2gig worth of records there
01:50 jcamins Oh, of course.
01:50 jcamins THanks!
01:50 jcamins *Thanks
01:51 rangi[…]rary_contribution
01:51 rangi 5.5 million from talis too
01:51 rangi[…]ection&sort=-week
01:51 rangi go for gold :)
01:51 jcamins Hehe.
01:52 jcamins I think probably I'll go with a slightly smaller dataset.
01:52 rangi :)
01:53 rangi
01:53 rangi thats a good one
01:53 jcamins I like UMich's.
01:53 rangi cos you can grab them at 2000 records at a time
01:53 rangi ah yep thats good too
01:54 mtj i've had a pet-project for stuffing as many MARC records as i could find into a koha, and making it a server
01:55 rangi how many did you get in?
01:55 mtj it would be a really useful thing!
01:55 mtj rangi, i havent even started yet :/
01:55 rangi ahh
01:56 mtj ive been thinking about it for about 3-ish months, now
01:56 bag I've had the same idea too
01:56 rangi im happy to point at it when its done :)
01:56 mtj yeah, but….. all those records out there…. they are not easy to pull via z39, yet :/
01:57 rangi assuming they are appropriately licensed records
01:57 rangi and
01:57 rangi we may as well offer them via sru/sw too
01:57 bag up I'd be down to help anyway possible
01:57 mtj ^^ rangi, yep that too :)
01:58 jcamins Ooh, Tuebingen!
01:59 jcamins I forgot about them.
01:59 mtj the big killer-feature *missing* from koha, is a way for new libraries to find MARC records for their books, i think...
01:59 jenkins_koha Starting build #69 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
02:00 mtj so, the fix for that could be - we ( build a huge z39/sru server, and provides that service?
02:00 rangi jcamins: your rewrite will help provide a better z3950 experience too, or is that pretty decent already? (talking about fetch from a z3950 server with koha)
02:02 jcamins It will help, yes.
02:02 bag I think kyle found a spot that z3950 causes some slowness - I think he may have commented on a bug but I forget
02:03 rangi cool
02:03 rangi we can always stick yaz-proxy out front
02:03 mtj atm , open-library has a zigabtye of bib records… but there is no easy way to get them from koha
02:04 rangi thats what library of congress did
02:05 mtj rangi, aah, i didnt know that
02:06 rangi
02:07 mtj the other way for Koha to get openlibrary records, is to teach Koha to import OL's  JSON, YAML or RDF/XML bib data
02:07 mtj
02:07 mtj anyhoo, a little off-topic...
02:08 rangi mtj: id love to go that route
02:08 jcamins I'd love to see that.
02:08 rangi talk to eythian at hashigo zake
02:08 rangi he started do some work towards that i think
02:08 rangi you know what
02:09 rangi lets go for google summer of code next year
02:09 eythian No, I was mostly looking at cover uploading
02:09 jcamins Definitely a good idea.
02:09 eythian but I ran out of time to complete it
02:09 rangi somethign like that, would be a perfect project
02:09 rangi ahh right
02:09 jcamins I tried to convince wizzyrea to submit a proposal, but she wasn't sold.
02:09 rangi
02:09 rangi came from summer of code
02:10 rangi one good thing that came out of the one year i was at liblime
02:10 rangi that and the move to git
02:11 rangi the rest im happy to forget :)
02:12 jcamins 190k authorities imported.
02:14 mtj i'm sure everyone agrees - teaching koha to import OL's bib format, is better than us building our own z39 box
02:16 mtj ^^ i think i talked myself out of starting the z39 thing, after i realised that
02:19 mtj yeah, so that could be Koha's new killer-feature… searching and importing bibs from open-library :)
02:19 libsysguy joined #koha
02:20 rangi i fear im losing my battle against panicky misinformation
02:20 rangi someone elses turn
02:25 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #69: SUCCESS in 26 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/69/
02:25 jenkins_koha * fridolyn.somers: Bug 8936: Search RSS feeds does not show there items when subscribing in Firefox
02:25 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8804 [Revised] Quiet errors in the log from
02:25 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 9024: Adding sample patron attributes to German web installer
02:25 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 9024: Add missing sample data to existing files
02:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8936 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, RESOLVED FIXED, Search RSS  feeds does not show there items when subscribing in Firefox
02:25 jenkins_koha * mirko: Bug 9024: Fix typo
02:25 jenkins_koha * fridolyn.somers: Bug 8983: Typo in UNIMARCslim2OPACResults.xsl
02:25 jenkins_koha * mathieu.saby: Bug 8954: Make languages list in advanced search translatable (revision 1)
02:25 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 5521 - item edit form appears if no items found
02:25 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 9073 - Download option from the cart should match the menu button in lists
02:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8804 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Quiet errors in the log from
02:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9024 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Stable , Add additional sample data to German installer
02:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8983 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Stable , Typo error in UNIMARCslim2OPACResults.xsl
02:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8954 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Stable , Languages list in advanced search always in english
02:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5521 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Stable , item edit form appears if no items found
02:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9073 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Stable , Download option from the cart should match the menu button in lists
02:27 eythian I might have a go at making a patch for that issue, see how that helps. I do note that the status of "blocker" doesn't actually seem to function as intended though
02:27 eythian (later that is, I have more urgent stuff to do right now)
02:28 jcamins I thought I already patched it.
02:29 jcamins Not sure where, though.
02:29 eythian if you did, it's not on bug 9052
02:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9052 blocker, P5 - low, ---, robin, NEW , YUI assets installed in the wrong place by packages
02:29 rangi yep thats a new bug
02:29 jcamins No, I thought I patched it a while ago.
02:30 rangi well new report
02:30 jcamins And I can't find it.
02:32 rangi actually yeah
02:32 rangi i think it is fixed
02:32 eythian in 3.10.x?
02:33 rangi hmm nope still a bug
02:34 pastebot "rangi" at pasted "reset-fonts-grids" (6 lines) at
02:34 rangi first 2 lines are the files in git
02:35 rangi the second 2 are where 3.10.0 installed them
02:35 jcamins Yeah, definitely a bug.
02:35 rangi sorry the next 3
02:36 rangi this one being the problem /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/prog/en/css/reset-fonts-grids.css
02:36 rangi actually that may have been left over from 3.8.x
02:36 rangi the real bug is there isnt one at
02:37 rangi /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac​-tmpl/lib/yui/reset-fonts-grids.css
02:37 rangi same issue with skin.css
02:37 * rangi hope that helps
02:39 jcamins Importing 700k records takes a long time.
02:40 rangi yep
02:44 eythian why is "address" not-null and not-default? That seems like a strange requirement.
02:44 eythian borrowers.address that is
02:45 * eythian notes that there's some hidden logic somewhere that seems to give it '' if it would otherwise be not defined.
02:45 eythian Silly band-aids.
02:45 jcamins 183k
02:45 bag I'm getting soo excited for the watching the premeir of the hobbit - live :)  let's see a parade!
02:46 bag mtj you going?
02:46 eythian[…]ent/film/8009390/ <-- bag
02:47 mtj i only just found out it was on, this morning :/
02:47 bag SOOO cool
02:47 eythian I had a wander down Courtney Place earlier this afternoon. Packed with people.
02:47 eythian mtj literally lives under a rock, you see.
02:48 Space_Librarian A couple of people at work are walking the carpet.
02:48 mtj i was planning to head to HZ for a beer later this arvo… but not anymoar!
02:48 eythian it's just outside the blocked off zone, it might not be so bad. malty will be hellish though.
02:49 jcamins 1/3 of the way there.
02:49 bag oh man you should go!!!  for us that can't!!!
02:49 bag oh man oh man oh man oh man
02:49 bag heh
02:50 bag left #koha
02:50 eythian eh, this kind of thing happens all the time here, what's another red carpet premiere really ;)
02:50 eythian oh, missed
02:51 bag joined #koha
02:51 mtj still gonna go for a beer/wander, but will prolly go to LBQ instead
02:52 eythian good day for it
02:52 Space_Librarian you should try the Sprig and Fern, but it is a little more out of the way.
02:53 mtj baggins, i did go to some previous LOTR prems, and… just gotz teh squashed!
02:53 bag logs?
02:53 wahanui hmmm... logs is
02:54 Space_Librarian bag: I never told you about my discussions with Sir Ian about his Shakespeare performances whilst ona plane back to Wellington, did I?
02:54 bag oh man there is only one hobbit premeir eythian
02:54 bag go!
02:54 bag heh
02:55 bag oh no you didn't Space_Librarian
02:55 Space_Librarian yep.
02:55 Space_Librarian Also have had conversations with Stephen Fry and Billy Connelly.
02:55 bag that's pretty cool - I studied a lot of shakespeare in uni
02:56 Space_Librarian I think he was more relieved that I was talking Shakespeare and not Gandalf.
02:56 wizzyrea ^.^
02:56 mtj Space, not too criticial, i hope?
02:56 Space_Librarian So *so cool* though.
02:56 Space_Librarian No, we discussed the finer points of the villians. (I loved his Richard III).
02:57 mtj … and you complimented him on his nice red shirt ;)
02:57 Space_Librarian hahahaha. That was pre-red shirt, but I would do it now. :P
02:58 wizzyrea translations + packages - I forget how one does this
02:58 wizzyrea how do you update them after an upgrade?
02:58 Space_Librarian mind you, people say red shirt = I think Star Trek.
02:59 * jcamins thinks Star Trek when he hears "red shirt," too.
02:59 Space_Librarian we have been indoctrinated.
02:59 jcamins wizzyrea: I build the packages with the translations I want.
02:59 jcamins I think the way eythian does it is to install the translations manually.
02:59 wizzyrea well that is a step next
03:00 wizzyrea (good to know, but doesn't help this particular moment :))
03:00 Space_Librarian joined #koha
03:00 wizzyrea eythian is not here (he's gone to hobbiton-courtenay-pl)
03:03 rangi im watching for him on tv
03:04 wizzyrea they just left a few minutes ago
03:04 rangi i bet kathryn knows tons of ppl in it
03:04 kathryn I know a pack of body doubles :)
03:05 * Space_Librarian does too. And cameramen
03:05 kathryn dressers, digital ninjas, gaffers, builder, sparkies! :)\
03:05 kathryn hi Space_Librarian
03:05 * wizzyrea knows reed
03:05 kathryn :)
03:05 rangi heh
03:05 wizzyrea that's about the extent
03:05 Space_Librarian very exciting for them. :)
03:06 mtj i, generally speaking, know lots little chubby hairy people...
03:06 kathryn uh speaking of that, my hobbit name... :(
03:06 kathryn Esmerelda Chubb
03:06 kathryn !!!
03:06 rangi lol
03:06 Space_Librarian at least you're not a grubb!
03:07 rangi we should totally do hobbit names for zoo doo
03:07 wizzyrea Ruby Trample of Woody End
03:07 Space_Librarian where is that name generator?
03:07 wizzyrea
03:07 rangi Bulbo Moss of Lake-by-Downs
03:07 wizzyrea Bulbo.
03:07 kathryn so close to fame rangi
03:07 rangi theyve seen my belly
03:08 * wizzyrea thinks woody end sounds a bit naughty
03:08 wizzyrea a bit bawdy eh
03:08 jcamins Dimple Cotton of Overhill
03:08 rangi heh
03:08 wizzyrea oh I like that
03:08 kathryn *wizzyrea is chronic
03:08 Space_Librarian Iris Hamwich of Buckleberry Fern
03:08 kathryn that's a goody jcamins
03:08 wizzyrea hamwich?
03:08 mtj Berilac Boffin of Whitfurrows
03:08 wizzyrea DELISH
03:08 wizzyrea O.o boffin.
03:09 kathryn Space_Librarian, very proper
03:09 jcamins wizzyrea: they're fairly closely related to the Bagginses.
03:09 * mtj wants kathryn's one :/
03:09 * jcamins just reread Fellowship of the Ring.
03:09 jcamins And Two Towers.
03:09 wizzyrea of course :)
03:09 * Space_Librarian loves LotR and Silmarillion more than the Hobbit.
03:09 jcamins I loaned them to a friend two years ago and only just got them back two weeks ago.
03:10 jcamins (but I got them back!)
03:10 Space_Librarian hooray!
03:10 wizzyrea because they kept getting overdue notices from your koha?
03:10 rangi heh
03:11 kathryn mtj: I didn't get a home like everyone else, just plain ol Esmerelda Chubb
03:11 jcamins wizzyrea: lol
03:11 jcamins That would've been a good idea, but no.
03:12 jcamins Is there a standard program I can use that will wait until another process has finished then execute a particular program?
03:12 wizzyrea a pipe? or &&
03:12 rangi Esmerelda Chubb lives down the pub
03:13 jcamins wizzyrea: assume that I'm half-way through a very long process.
03:13 wizzyrea oh.
03:14 rangi hmm
03:14 wizzyrea you mean like importing 5G of records
03:14 jcamins I'd like to go to sleep, but it's going to take another 40 minutes for the import to finish, and then I'd like to import the last file and reindex.
03:14 wizzyrea :P
03:14 rangi not really
03:14 jcamins In this case only 500MB.
03:14 jcamins You'd think there would be- it's easy enough to script.
03:15 rangi you could just at it
03:16 jcamins Hm. True.
03:34 eythian I usually sleep 600 && something
03:38 wizzyrea ^^ I like this idea, if you know about how long it's going to take
03:39 eythian[…]posts/HkfGnRw3nHC <-- bag
03:48 eythian[…]emiere-Livestream <-- bag, now that'll probably be what you want
03:48 bag I've got channel 3 streaming
03:49 rangi sweet
03:50 rangi you can see our crappy adverts at the moment
03:50 bag oh yeah that's much better go stuff
04:03 libsysguy left #koha
04:10 druthb o/
04:11 * druthb shivers.
04:14 rangi kahu runs and yells is it wizard gandalf styles yet
04:15 rangi somehow the hobbit has crossed over into gangnam style
04:16 eythian
04:16 rangi that'll be why
04:17 rangi his grandad must have shown him that
04:38 rangi[…]491759616/photo/1
04:38 rangi cant beat wellington on a good day
04:57 Oak joined #koha
04:58 * Oak waves
05:08 thd-away` joined #koha
05:08 thd-away` joined #koha
05:10 druthb Hi, Oak. :)
05:12 eythian today's magnum opus:
05:13 eythian ldapsearch -x -LLL -H ldaps://x.x.x.x  -D 'CN=testham,OU=CLIENT,OU=User Accounts,DC=ABC123,DC=CLIENT,DC=LOCAL' -w 'password' -b 'OU=CLIENT,OU=User Accounts,DC=ABC123,DC=CLIENT,DC=LOCAL' "(mail=*)" cn mail | grep '^cn\|^mail' | cut -f 2 -d ' ' | sed -e "s/'/''/g" | tr \\n \\0 | xargs -0 -n 2 echo | awk '{print "UPDATE borrowers SET userid='"'"'"$1"'"'"' WHERE email='"'"'"$2"'"'"';"}'
05:35 Oak hello druthb_away :)
05:39 thd-away joined #koha
05:40 cait joined #koha
06:11 alex_a_ joined #koha
06:13 francharb joined #koha
06:14 francharb hello #koha
06:30 rangi hi francharb
06:30 francharb 0/ rangi
06:41 cait hi francharb :) evening rangi :)
06:41 francharb hi cait :)
06:54 eythian rangi: I'd already written and was in the process of testing that patch :)
06:54 rangi heh
06:54 rangi whoops :)
06:54 rangi im unsure if it is need for the intranet too
06:55 eythian not sure
06:55 rangi so i just did the opac, as that is where it was obviously needed
06:55 eythian yeah
06:56 eythian hmm, beware that the whitespace fixing feature of git seems to do bad things to makefiles
06:58 sophie_m joined #koha
06:59 rangi oh yeah good point
07:02 cait hey eythian
07:02 eythian hi
07:07 alex_a joined #koha
07:07 laurence joined #koha
07:10 francharb joined #koha
07:15 eythian rangi: fails: install: target `/tmp/buildd/koha-​/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/lib/yui' is not a directory
07:17 rangi hmmm it must need to come later then
07:18 eythian later in the rules, there's a rewrite of the URLs for those two files in the CSS. I wonder if that's what needs to change instead.
07:19 rangi ahh
07:19 rangi rm -r \
07:19 rangi $(TMP)/usr/share/koha/opac​/htdocs/opac-tmpl/lib/yui
07:19 eythian Hmm
07:19 rangi up on 41
07:20 eythian it's immediately followed by an ln
07:20 rangi yeah
07:20 eythian that links in the system yui
07:20 rangi right
07:20 eythian but that's laid out differently
07:21 eythian I might leave it there for now and look more tomorrow.
07:21 rangi yeah
07:25 * magnuse waves
07:27 eythian oh, magnuse is here just as I'm leaving. He can fix the bug for us then ;)
07:27 rangi heh
07:27 * magnuse hides
07:27 magnuse :-)
07:28 eythian too late now! tag, you're it!
07:28 cait rangi++ for signing off patches
07:28 magnuse bug 9052, i presume?
07:28 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9052 blocker, P5 - low, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , YUI assets installed in the wrong place by packages
07:28 eythian yeah
07:28 magnuse doesn't rangi's patch do the trick?
07:28 eythian nope
07:29 eythian (see recent scrollback)
07:29 magnuse ah yes
07:29 * eythian makes like a tree and gets out of here.
07:29 cait since when can trees move?
07:29 magnuse of too middle earth?
07:30 magnuse ents!
07:30 cait oh right
07:30 cait never mind
07:30 magnuse eythian is probably going to an ent-moot
07:30 * eythian adds the Back to the Future series as compulsory watching for both of you
07:31 * magnuse notes that down
07:32 cait :)
07:33 * magnuse also notes that eythian is in the miffle of middle earth already
07:36 magnuse miffle?
07:37 * cait was not about to look that up... um
07:45 alex_a bonjour
07:46 reiveune joined #koha
07:46 reiveune hello
07:46 wahanui what's up, reiveune
07:49 cait hi reiveune
07:49 cait left #koha
07:59 julian_m joined #koha
08:01 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:02 lds joined #koha
08:03 lds hello
08:05 magnuse bonjour!
08:10 paul_p joined #koha
08:11 paul_p good morning #koha
08:14 rangi hi lds and paul_p
08:14 lds hi rangi
08:47 drojf "Milo Gamgee-Took of Bywater" <- looks like i'm a koha hobbit. bywater: please start to pay me :D
08:47 drojf and good morning #koha
08:49 thd-away` joined #koha
08:50 rangi heh
09:06 paul_p_ joined #koha
09:08 reiveune1 joined #koha
09:11 alex_a joined #koha
09:16 Herwig joined #koha
09:18 Herwig Morning
09:21 Herwig Question about koha is it possible to make different passwords with different rights for the staff client ?
09:22 magnuse Herwig: you can create different *users* with different permissions, yes
09:23 magnuse http://manual.koha-community.o[…]npermissions.html
09:23 Herwig dont find that :) anny tips
09:23 magnuse have a look at that link pasted
09:23 Herwig ah thx i go read it
09:23 Herwig :)
09:23 magnuse :-)
09:27 Herwig works ... i was close before i asked ... but now i got it thx
09:27 Herwig The last mile is always the hardest
09:28 magnuse hehe, true!
09:31 Herwig installed 3.10 at home yesterday for testing nice job works fine :) gratz to all who worked at it
09:54 lms joined #koha
09:55 vfernandes joined #koha
09:58 lms joined #koha
10:17 alex_a_ joined #koha
11:01 drojf joined #koha
11:07 thd-away joined #koha
11:15 * drojf yawns
11:18 gaetan_B joined #koha
11:22 vfernandes hi guys
11:24 gaetan_B hello
11:24 wahanui privet, gaetan_B
11:24 drojf hi vfernandes
11:24 drojf and hi gaetan_B
11:25 gaetan_B so i got analytics working, but there's still a question : is there a way to get the list of analytics from the host record in the opac like we have it in the admin ?
11:25 drojf i fail to find any mention of koha on the website of the company requesting to be listed as koha support provider
11:28 vfernandes in one of my clients I've implement a record cataloguing validation workflow with some code modifications... the cataloguer uses the MARC frameworks to catalogue the record (suppress = 1 and they can't change it), than the catalogue "bosses" uses a special framework (only some patrons have access to i) to validate the record catalogue and set the suppress = 0
11:29 vfernandes this could be a nice feature to add to Koha?
11:29 gaetan_B vfernandes: i have met some people asking for this feature actually :)
11:30 gaetan_B so it does sound like a nice idea
11:31 vfernandes in my client the implementation is directly in the code, but I can turn it more useful with system preferences
11:31 * gaetan_B is off to lunch
11:34 magnuse vfernandes: yeah, system preferences to make it optional is usually a good idea :-)
11:34 dpavlin ~
11:39 magnuse dpavlin: you're going home? ;-)
11:41 drojf lol
11:42 dpavlin magnuse: no, not yet unfortunatly, I just a bit sleepy so my finger slipped from esc to ~ :-)
11:42 magnuse :-)
11:44 vfernandes the system preferences needs to have 3 options... one to turn on/turn off the cataloguing validation, one to especify the code of MARC framework and the last to specify the usernames with access to the validation framework (empty for all)
11:46 vfernandes with the validation on all frameworks (expect validation framework) needs to have the suppress hidden because it will be filled automatically with value 0
11:46 vfernandes *with 1
11:47 vfernandes what you think about this magnuse?
11:50 magnuse instead of specifying a user in a syspref, maybe create a permission for it?
11:51 vfernandes can be... the problem is that with validation off there is "non" working permission
11:59 vfernandes if a record has no suppress (empty 942$n in UNIMARC) what happens? it is visible in OPAC?
12:02 Oak joined #koha
12:20 kf joined #koha
12:27 bgkriegel joined #koha
12:29 jwagner joined #koha
12:29 nengard joined #koha
12:30 tcohen joined #koha
12:34 drojf hi kf. late today ;)
12:34 kf ah meetings
12:36 tcohen morning #koha
12:37 kf hi tcohen
12:37 drojf kf: ok. i'm going to accept that excuse. for today :P
12:38 drojf hi tcohen
12:38 tcohen hi drojf
12:41 paul_p_ hi drojf, kf, tcohen & all others
12:41 kf hi paul_p_
12:42 drojf bonjour paul_p_
12:42 * paul_p_ plan to have some QA fun this afternoon
12:42 kf I had a bit of fun this morning :)
12:44 drojf lok at the QA people, they get all the fun
12:44 drojf look
12:44 tcohen heh
12:56 muaz joined #koha
12:56 muaz some help me
12:56 muaz in koha logo and interface
12:56 muaz iam so sad
12:56 ericar joined #koha
12:57 muaz holoooooooo
12:57 muaz i want to change the blue coloe in OPAC
12:58 jwagner muaz, do you mean the masthead bar? Where the search box and links to Advanced Search etc. are?
12:58 muaz yes
12:58 muaz that it is
12:59 jwagner Put something like this in your OpacUserCSS syspref:
12:59 jwagner #opac-main-search { background : #0800A5; }
12:59 jwagner Use the hex code for the color you want
12:59 muaz any boody here
13:00 muaz iam new in koha
13:00 muaz step by step please
13:00 kf muaz: jwagner answered your question
13:01 muaz who and where can i add hex cod
13:01 kf muaz: I think maybe start with the manual - there is not much more than she told you, adminsitration > systempreferences > OpacUserCSS is where you want to start looking and for the logo opacsmallimage
13:01 muaz that it my problem
13:02 muaz i find some result about you talk but i didnot find my answer
13:03 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 9142 - Remove the use of subtests <[…]a412e42c96fb40345>
13:04 jwagner manual?
13:04 wahanui manual is probably at
13:04 muaz iam use koha on ubuntu
13:05 tcohen no matter where did u install Koha muaz, you need to know CSS and read the manual to apply those CSS styles
13:08 muaz yes iam trying several day to install koha
13:08 muaz now it work probably
13:08 muaz but i want to change the blue coloe in OPAC
13:08 tcohen exactly
13:11 muaz to change the blue coloe in OPAC
13:11 jwagner Any CSS entered in the OpacUserCSS syspref overrides the default stylesheet settings. Therefore enter the code I sent you in that syspref, with the hex code for the color you want.
13:11 jwagner (Shouting doesn't help)
13:12 muaz OK
13:13 jenkins_koha Starting build #956 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
13:14 paul_p muaz = which version ? could you show us what your opac look like ?
13:14 muaz KOHA WORK GOOOD
13:16 drojf we should have a google group for video tutorials
13:19 muaz HI
13:19 muaz IAM WAITE
13:20 oleonard joined #koha
13:22 oleonard Hi #koha
13:22 drojf hi oleonard
13:23 jcamins muaz: your caps lock is turned on.
13:23 muaz sorry
13:37 talljoy joined #koha
13:43 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_7143' into 3.12-master <[…]3611216d1c4cbd31d> / Bug 7143: Small fix for About page <[…]93adc41966e28a3f3> / Bug 7143 About changes for 3.12 <[…]74730d8271741d02b
13:48 kf[…]log/archives/1123
13:50 oleonard Has anyone heard from him on the mailing list or IRC?
13:52 kf hm haven't seen anything
13:53 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_6680' into 3.12-master <[…]5f68dededa7bdb7cd> / Follow up to Bug 6680: tiny up download lists formats <[…]4617bd88711717df6> / Bug 6680 - simple tidy-up of cart download format descriptions <[…]web/?p=koha.git;a
13:54 oleonard I don't get it. Or maybe he doesn't get how open source works (contributing perhaps to the fact that MarcEdit isn't FOSS)
13:55 paul_p oleonard = same for me. Nice that he started by adding Koha, too bad that he made this on his island ;-)
13:55 paul_p jcamins_away = just passed QA bug 7167 (after testing the squashed I just uploaded)... hoping you'll push it...
13:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7167 new feature, P1 - high, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , updatedatabase improvements
13:55 edveal joined #koha
13:56 kf paul_p: I woud like to see a second qa opinon on this - you were heavily involved in development here
13:58 drojf kf++ # for being annoying :)
13:59 paul_p kf marcel made a lot of QA already. I really think we've enough. But jared final cut.
14:00 kf ok
14:00 drojf respect the QAMs authority
14:00 drojf :P
14:02 oleonard nengard:[…]ing-with-dropbox/
14:02 nengard neat oleonard
14:04 oleonard I know Jing works well, but it's nice that that is open source.
14:04 nengard yup, except that you need dropbox
14:04 oleonard Well, except for the Dropbox part :P
14:05 nengard hehe
14:08 libsysguy joined #koha
14:22 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #956: SUCCESS in 1 hr 8 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/956/
14:22 jenkins_koha tomascohen: Bug 9142 - Remove the use of subtests
14:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9142 blocker, P1 - high, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , Failing test case in 3.10.0 release.
14:22 jenkins_koha Starting build #957 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:30 maximep joined #koha
15:02 vfernandes guys what happens when OPACSuppresion is on and we add a record without suppress subfield?
15:05 nengard if you don't have at least one record with 942$n set to 1 then you will get no results at all for any search
15:05 nengard but if you have 1 in the system and you add another without it you're fine
15:10 Callender joined #koha
15:13 vfernandes I know that... imagine that I have one record with 942$n set, then I add another without 942$n
15:14 vfernandes what happens to the new record? appears or not in OPAC?
15:22 nengard It appears
15:22 maximep joined #koha
15:24 vfernandes ok thanks nengard :)
15:24 halcyonCorsair joined #koha
15:24 lms joined #koha
15:30 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #957: SUCCESS in 1 hr 8 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/957/
15:30 jenkins_koha * fridolyn.somers: Bug 9132: Paging through OPAC authority search results does not work
15:30 jenkins_koha * fridolyn.somers: Bug 9132: Paging through OPAC authority search results does not work (followup 1) input with and_ora instread of and_or
15:30 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 2832: [SIGNED-OFF] Followup: Add a default value
15:30 jenkins_koha * Bug 7143 About changes for 3.12
15:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9132 major, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Master , Paging through OPAC authority search results does not work
15:30 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7143: Small fix for About page
15:30 jenkins_koha * koha: Bug 9098 Replace tabulations by spaces in
15:30 jenkins_koha * robin: Bug 6680 - simple tidy-up of cart download format descriptions
15:30 jenkins_koha * nengard: Follow up to Bug 6680: tiny up download lists formats
15:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2832 normal, P3, ---, magnus, Pushed to Master , Make alphabet localizable
15:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7143 trivial, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to Master , Bug for tracking changes to the about page
15:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9098 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Replace tabulations by spaces in
15:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6680 trivial, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Cart download choices not understandable to patrons
15:32 jcamins Success! \o/
16:02 vfernandes patch submitted to validation workflow - BUG 9163
16:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9163 new feature, P1 - high, ---, vfernandes, Needs Signoff , Cataloguing validation workflow
16:03 drojf joined #koha
16:04 jcamins vfernandes: perhaps it would be better to make a new permission for users instead of having a list of users in a syspref?
16:04 reiveune1 bye
16:04 reiveune1 left #koha
16:04 jcamins permissions?
16:05 jcamins Alas, no wiki page on permissions.
16:05 rambutan joined #koha
16:06 vfernandes magnuse said the same thing but if the validation is off the permission makes no sense
16:06 drojf hi again #koha
16:06 vfernandes but I can create a permission for that
16:06 vfernandes which is the best way to do that?
16:07 jcamins vfernandes: I think it's still superior.
16:07 jcamins Unfortunately there's no wiki page explaining how to create permissions that I can see.
16:07 vfernandes that's bad :/
16:08 jcamins It's not very ahrd.
16:08 jcamins *hard
16:08 drojf oleonard: you actually found a koha link on the website! either i missed it or it was not there when i looked. it looks kind of arbitrarily placed ;)
16:08 oleonard Yes, I think hastily.
16:08 vfernandes jcamins perl is not a problem for me... founding things it's harder :D
16:09 jcamins vfernandes: I don't have an example, but you can certainly find one on bugzilla.
16:09 jcamins Bug 7673, maybe.
16:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7673 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, matthias.meusburger, Failed QA , New patron permissions
16:09 drojf oleonard: services: seo services ;)
16:12 vfernandes there is the need to change all language/mandatory/
16:12 jcamins Yes.
16:12 jcamins You must add the permission to every single language.
16:12 jcamins You don't have to translate it.
16:12 jcamins You can just put the English string in.
16:13 vfernandes ok...
16:13 vfernandes i'll try to change the code to use user permissions
16:14 vfernandes how in perl I check if a user have permissions to something? I don't want to search it on the code :P
16:15 jcamins It's in every single script.
16:15 jcamins I am confident you can find it.
16:15 jcamins I actually didn't memorize every single line in the entire Koha codebase. I just judiciously copy and paste what I need.
16:15 jcamins It should be near the top of each script... something to do with permissions.
16:16 vfernandes roger that :)
16:18 drojf (17:12:44) jcamins: I actually didn't memorize every single line in the entire Koha codebase. <--- WHAT KIND OF RELEASE MANAGER ARE YOU??!!?!11
16:18 jcamins drojf: a sane one.
16:18 jcamins :P
16:18 drojf heh
16:18 vfernandes $loggedinuser in get template gives userid logged?
16:18 drojf jcamins: i am shocked! :P
16:19 jcamins That's what I was thinking of. Yes.
16:21 oleonard Okay, the list of bugs marked "pushed to master" is now down to below 500. *whew*
16:22 vfernandes gives the borrowernumber
16:22 jcamins oleonard++
16:23 * chris_n gives oleonard a pat on the back and more strong coffee
16:24 oleonard I encourage everyone to generate a list of bugs which you have reported which are marked as pushed. Those should be the easiest ones for you to confirm as fixed.
16:29 jenkins_koha Starting build #3 for job Koha_Docs_3.8.x (previous build: FIXED)
16:29 jenkins_koha Starting build #235 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: STILL FAILING -- last SUCCESS #60 7 mo 4 days ago)
16:29 magnuse oleonard++
16:29 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs_3.8.x build #3: SUCCESS in 17 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]oha_Docs_3.8.x/3/
16:29 jenkins_koha nengard: update message crons
16:29 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #235: STILL FAILING in 17 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/235/
16:29 jenkins_koha nengard: update message crons
16:30 magnuse when a bug is "pushed to master", how do we know it's not a candidate for pushing to stable? should we assume that it will be pushed to stable quickly after it has been pushed to master or not at all?
16:31 jcamins magnuse: if it hasn't been pushed to stable within a month, it's not going.
16:31 magnuse jcamins: cool
16:39 rambutan joined #koha
16:39 jcamins oleonard: did you see I asked you to rebase some patchset?
16:40 jcamins Bug 7067 maybe.
16:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7067 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Patch doesn't apply , allow patron self registration via the opac
16:40 oleonard yes
16:40 jcamins Okay, good.
16:40 jcamins Take your time.
16:43 jenkins_koha Starting build #4 for job Koha_Docs_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:43 jenkins_koha Starting build #236 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: STILL FAILING -- last SUCCESS #60 7 mo 4 days ago)
16:43 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs_3.8.x build #4: SUCCESS in 14 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]oha_Docs_3.8.x/4/
16:43 jenkins_koha * nengard: fix formatting of AutoSelfCheckAllowed pref
16:43 jenkins_koha * nengard: update FRBRizeEditions preferences
16:43 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #236: STILL FAILING in 14 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/236/
16:43 jenkins_koha * nengard: fix formatting of AutoSelfCheckAllowed pref
16:43 jenkins_koha * nengard: update FRBRizeEditions preferences
16:49 jcamins Ooh, I'd forgotten about that logging module.
16:49 jcamins I'm very excited for it!
16:50 kf_mtg left #koha
16:53 drojf could somebody mute/unsub the out of office person on the patch list please? december 10 is still some time away
16:57 tcohen joined #koha
16:58 jenkins_koha Starting build #237 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: STILL FAILING -- last SUCCESS #60 7 mo 4 days ago)
16:59 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #237: STILL FAILING in 19 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/237/
16:59 jenkins_koha * nengard: add 'get there' statements
16:59 jenkins_koha * nengard: update patron permissions image
16:59 jenkins_koha * nengard: add more 'get there' statements
16:59 jenkins_koha * nengard: add description to holds
16:59 * jcamins sends a _very_ tetchy e-mail.
17:00 jcamins He is providing an incentive to *not* make it easy to search non-Roman character sets.
17:04 jcamins drojf: if only we had a Google Group, eh?
17:04 drojf :P
17:05 drojf behold the wrath of "all the people in the arabic world" regarding not making it easy to search non-roman characters
17:05 melia joined #koha
17:06 drojf i actually meant "beware", you will behold it later ;)
17:06 jcamins Ah.
17:07 jcamins He has an unusual amount of self-entitlement.
17:07 thd-away` joined #koha
17:10 drojf oh it's the indian world this time
17:11 jcamins drojf: no, that was koyauni.
17:11 drojf ha yes i just saw it. always trust the gut feeling :D
17:13 drojf i don't find appropriate words to express my feelings about that mail you got.
17:13 jcamins "wtf?" and "bwahahahaha" come to mind, depending on your view of humanity.
17:13 drojf :)
17:13 jenkins_koha Starting build #238 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: STILL FAILING -- last SUCCESS #60 7 mo 4 days ago)
17:14 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #238: STILL FAILING in 17 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/238/
17:14 jenkins_koha * nengard: update hold list image
17:14 jenkins_koha * nengard: updated holds section with links
17:14 jenkins_koha * nengard: update hold image
17:14 jenkins_koha * nengard: add more 'get there' statements
17:15 oleonard Man, asking a question in #jquery is like shouting into a tornado.
17:15 jcamins oleonard: very active?
17:16 oleonard Well, not especially I guess... Maybe it's more like asking a question of a small pile of rocks.
17:16 jcamins lol
17:16 drojf maybe that is where our friend with the opac colour came from. he still had the shouting
17:18 jcamins So here is a question.
17:18 jcamins You know how some people are underliners, and they underline things in books they read?
17:18 jcamins Does anyone ever get past page 50?
17:18 jcamins I have cataloged dozens if not hundreds of books with underlining, and I don't think I've ever seen it past page 50 or so.
17:20 drojf interesting. you should get some funding and write a paper on it ;)
17:21 jcamins lol
17:21 drojf i think i have seen underlining everywhere. but that may be just because of different articles in a volume
17:22 drojf so students don't read the whole book and can start with fresh underlining power at page 278
17:22 jcamins lol
17:22 jcamins Yeah, I have seen that.
17:23 nengard the view from where i sit[…]osted/2012/11/28/
17:24 jcamins nengard: does the gray one have a head?
17:25 nengard hehe - those are all Beau
17:25 nengard the ones with his head showing were this morning
17:25 nengard and in the one on his back his head is under the blanket
17:25 jcamins Hehe.
17:25 nengard trying so hard not to laugh at him
17:25 nengard don't want to wake him
17:28 jcamins vfernandes++
17:30 vfernandes jcamins second patch for the bug sent :)
17:32 vfernandes tomorrow i'll focus my energy solving bug 8347
17:32 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8347 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Koha forces UNIMARC 100 field code language to 'fre'
17:32 libsysguy joined #koha
17:33 jcamins vfernandes: that will make a lot of people very happy, I think. :)
17:35 vfernandes that should be a system preference and should be changed from enhancement to major bug (maybe)... I've already done the same thing to the authorities (bug 9144)...
17:35 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9144 trivial, P1 - high, ---, vfernandes, Needs Signoff , - Problem identifying errors
17:35 vfernandes bug 9145 :)
17:35 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9145 major, P1 - high, ---, vfernandes, Needs Signoff , Authorities: standard language for UNIMARC
17:37 jcamins Reindexing 720k records is painfully slow.
17:38 vfernandes 720k? the maximum that I've reindexed was 250k
17:38 vfernandes and it was slow slow slow
17:42 jcamins Yeah... unfortunately I didn't use enough '-v's and I'm not even getting any progress information.
17:45 jcamins When it finishes I am copying the Zebra indexes and trying to avoid ever reindexing again.
17:48 jcamins Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
17:48 jcamins It finished.
17:48 jcamins It died.
17:50 rambutan joined #koha
17:51 jcamins It takes 9 seconds per thousand records.
17:51 jcamins 9 * 721
17:51 jcamins wahanui: 9 * 721
17:51 wahanui 6489
17:51 jcamins That should be just under two hours.
17:52 vfernandes 2 hours... autch :P
17:52 jcamins Except it was running for almost four and hadn't finished.
17:53 jcamins So clearly it doesn't scale linearly.
17:53 * jcamins throws Zebra a bunch more RAM, starts again.
17:53 * chris_n suggests jcamins try throwing straw or hay instead
17:54 tcohen you should use nosanitize BTW
17:54 cait joined #koha
17:54 chris_n hi cait
17:54 tcohen if you have a bunch of RAM maybe a tmpfs and then copy to destination
17:55 jcamins tcohen: nosanitize is for exporting, though, isn't it?
17:55 cait hi chris_n
17:56 tcohen jcamins, for rebuild_zebra, for the export step (which takes way too much time without that switch)
17:56 jcamins tcohen: yeah, I already had everything exported.
17:56 jcamins Though that's a good point... could be that's what all the time was taken up with.
17:57 jcamins In fact, it almost surely was.
17:57 oleonard In debugging localization of the datepicker I notice people aren't translating the two-letter day abbreviations. Are these not common in other languages or are the strings too ambiguous in the translation process?
17:57 tcohen that, and IO are the bottlenecks
17:57 oleonard cait? magnuse?
17:58 drojf oleonard: they are common in german
17:58 drojf not sure why they are not translated
17:59 oleonard I could see how having, for instance, "Fr" come up in the translation process could be confusing.
17:59 drojf probably that, yes
18:00 cait oleonard?
18:00 wahanui oleonard is still here, if you just wish hard enough. or Koha's master UI designer
18:01 oleonard cait, see my datepicker localization question above
18:01 cait oleonard: Montag is Monday
18:01 cait Friday is Freitag
18:01 cait Saturday is Samstag ... lots of them are the same
18:01 cait for German
18:02 cait I think I caught the others in translation, but not everyone checks where the string comes from
18:02 cait so they are probably confusing for some translators
18:02 cait ah, now I finished reading back, was that the answer you were looking for? :)
18:03 * cait waves to drojf
18:03 oleonard I think so
18:06 drojf hola cait
18:08 drojf if i was more fond of live cds i could make one of koha as a business card for the workshop ;)
18:11 jcamins 96k in.
18:11 drojf "please keep the hard work" vs. "thank you for your hard work"…
18:11 jcamins lol
18:13 laurence left #koha
18:14 jcamins drojf: here's one with underlining on page 78.
18:14 jcamins I was very impressed.
18:14 jcamins Then I realized that it's page 2 of the conclusion.
18:15 drojf :D
18:15 drojf who has time to read the whole book? ;)
18:34 rangi Morning
18:34 wahanui Morning is a state of mind. or whenever the cat wants breakfast.
18:38 rambutan joined #koha
18:47 rangi @wunder nzwn
18:47 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 14.0°C (7:00 AM NZDT on November 29, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 77%. Dew Point: 10.0°C. Pressure: 29.68 in 1005 hPa (Steady).
18:47 rangi Nice
18:50 rangi[…]-going-electronic
18:52 trea joined #koha
18:53 rangi Hey trea
18:53 trea hi rangi
18:53 rangi 3 sunny days in a row
18:53 rangi It's a new record
18:53 trea heh
18:55 magnuse oleonard: i think i did piack out the abbreviations, and translate them
18:56 magnuse Fr is the same in nb-NO and en
19:02 cait no sun here... for like 2 weeks...
19:02 cait :(
19:02 jcamins cait: maybe now you can commiserate with magnuse? :)
19:04 drojf he may at least have northern lights
19:07 magnuse hm, it's been a while since i saw any aurora borealis
19:07 magnuse but i will not see the sun from where i live until ~9th of february...
19:07 cait ew
19:08 magnuse @wunder boo
19:08 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is -3.0°C (7:50 PM CET on November 28, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 55%. Dew Point: -11.0°C. Windchill: -10.0°C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017 hPa (Steady).
19:08 magnuse it hits the center of my town on ~9th of january, though
19:26 rangi oleonard wins the prize, first library card to arrive
19:27 oleonard Hooray!
19:27 magnuse oleonard++
19:27 cait oleonard++
19:28 rangi the prize is 2 beverages of your choosing in reno
19:28 rangi (ill post some of our koha stickers too)
19:28 * cait starts printing library cards
19:28 rangi heh
19:29 rangi i have none from germany yet!
19:29 cait BSZ own library is actually using Koha :)
19:30 rambutan joined #koha
19:31 drojf we don't have library cards :(
19:34 magnuse hm, i could send you a card from the naval academy, but then i would have to kill you ;-)
19:34 cait drojf: same for us
19:34 rangi heh
19:35 rambutan rangi is collecting library cards?
19:35 rangi you didn't see my email?
19:36 rambutan uh....
19:37 rambutan uh, oh, yea. I did. I see it.
19:37 rangi daniel is gonna put it in the newsletter anyway i think
19:37 francharb joined #koha
19:38 rangi progress is being made
19:38 rangi[…]63/in/photostream
19:38 * francharb waves
19:38 rangi[…]14/in/photostream  <-- now
19:39 cait :)
19:39 rangi hi francharb
19:41 francharb hi :)
19:41 kathryn joined #koha
19:43 cait good morning kathryn :)
19:43 kathryn and a good evening to you cait :)
19:47 magnuse rangi: cool 3d logo too!
19:48 rangi ah yep thats seen a few conferences :)
19:49 cait :)
19:49 magnuse yay
19:51 magnuse weirdness: i switch to the cssr theme, but nothing happens. on 3.10 running off the packages
19:51 magnuse are there any extra steps required?
19:54 magnuse i'm also getting logged out of the staff side a lot
19:54 magnuse and opac does not show me as logged in even though i am logged into staff
19:54 magnuse huh?
19:55 cait do you have both on different domains?
19:55 magnuse and
19:55 cait hm
19:58 jenkins_koha Starting build #239 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: STILL FAILING -- last SUCCESS #60 7 mo 5 days ago)
19:59 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #239: STILL FAILING in 17 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/239/
19:59 jenkins_koha nengard: update overdues image
20:09 nengard i'm working on the manual (obviously) and I need some help
20:09 nengard The analytics section says "To view all of the items tied to the host record, do a search for the record, click the Analytics tab on the left and the analytics tied to each barcode will be shown under the "Used in" column."
20:10 nengard but I don't see anything under the 'Used In' column on any of my records
20:10 nengard I do see 'Host records' with a link though
20:10 nengard what should show in 'used in'?
20:13 jenkins_koha Starting build #240 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: STILL FAILING -- last SUCCESS #60 7 mo 5 days ago)
20:14 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #240: STILL FAILING in 17 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/240/
20:14 jenkins_koha nengard: update cataloging images
20:28 jenkins_koha Starting build #241 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: STILL FAILING -- last SUCCESS #60 7 mo 5 days ago)
20:29 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #241: STILL FAILING in 19 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/241/
20:29 jenkins_koha * nengard: update analytics
20:29 jenkins_koha * nengard: update more cataloging images
20:31 oleonard jcamins_away: Rebased patches submitted to Bug 7067.
20:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7067 new feature, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Passed QA , allow patron self registration via the opac
20:33 oleonard Does anyone else see this "Debug is on (level 1)" message on, mentioned on Bug 5280? I don't.
20:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5280 enhancement, P4, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Fix password field in so that the password is masked as it is entered
20:35 cait hm not yet
20:36 garyb joined #koha
20:37 garyb Hello...hope someone can help with an upgrade of 3.8 to 3.10
20:39 drojf sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
20:41 oleonard jcamins: Bug 9106 says "pushed to master" but as far as I can tell it hasn't been
20:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9106 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Pushed to Master , Filtering list of uncertain price list by owner empties order information
20:42 jcamins oleonard: let me check.
20:43 jcamins Indeed it does not.
20:43 jcamins Okay, there it is.
20:43 jenkins_koha Starting build #242 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: STILL FAILING -- last SUCCESS #60 7 mo 5 days ago)
20:44 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #242: STILL FAILING in 18 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/242/
20:44 jenkins_koha nengard: update more cataloging images
20:46 oleonard jcamins++
20:48 rambutan jcamins: did the zebra index finish OK?
20:49 jcamins rambutan: alas, it segfaulted.
20:49 jcamins After finishing.
20:49 rambutan hummm
20:50 garyb Doing the upgrade from 3.8 --> 3.10 on 64-bit Debian 6.0.6 using koha-common package. I keep getting the message that the package is being "kept back". It appears libdigest-jhash-perl has a dependency of perlapi-5.14.2 but the standard version of perl in squeeze is 5.10.1-17. Is there a workaround?
20:50 jcamins It hates me, clearly.
20:50 jcamins garyb: I can tell you that the dependency is unnecessary, but I don't know how to work around it.
20:50 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_9106' into 3.12-master <[…]1328d07ebd5df0968>
20:53 jcamins Right... problem seems to be a massively corrupted record + ICU.
20:54 lavamind joined #koha
20:54 lavamind hello
20:55 lavamind I would like to run multiple instances of Koha, starting from an identical database
20:55 jcamins lavamind: you can copy the database as many times as you'd like using mysqldump.
20:55 lavamind my question is about zebra : can I simply copy the index files as well, or do I need to absolutely generate them with koha-rebuild
20:56 jcamins You can copy the index files.
20:56 lavamind yes!
20:56 jcamins Right... back to CHR I go for bibs.
20:56 lavamind thanks
20:57 jcamins Wait, we still can't switch off ICU for just one database.
20:57 * jcamins grumbles.
20:59 jenkins_koha Starting build #958 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
21:04 drojf garyb: have you tried dist-upgrade?
21:05 jcamins drojf: perl 5.14 is from Ubuntu.
21:06 garyb I have. That was one of the first things I found online. While the "Packages" file for 32-bit lists 5.10.1, the 64-bit one lists 5.14.2
21:06 drojf hrm
21:06 jcamins garyb: that's because the 64bit one was built on my system, wich has Perl 5.14.2, apparently.
21:06 jcamins Unfortunately, I don't know how to change that.
21:07 garyb Is this something that might be addressed in 3.10.1?
21:09 rangi garyb: you are running 32 bit now?
21:09 jcamins garyb: it depends if the package manager gets access to a 64-bit system.
21:09 garyb No, 64-bit
21:09 rangi right
21:09 jcamins I don't know how to change the version of Perl that my packages ask for.
21:09 rangi heres a trick you can do
21:09 rangi jcamins: you edit the control file
21:10 jcamins rangi: I didn't generate the control file, though.
21:10 jcamins rangi: it seems to be setting the version in spite of the fact that I'm using eythian's configuration.
21:10 rangi jcamins: what i do is this
21:10 rangi and garyb you could try this
21:11 rangi dh-make-perl make --cpan Digest::Jhash
21:12 rangi cd Digest-JHash-0.07
21:12 jcamins Maybe if I tried pdebuild that'd do it.
21:13 rangi dch -i
21:13 rangi edit the changelog
21:13 rangi mine now says
21:14 rangi libdigest-jhash-perl (0.07-1ubuntu1) quantal; urgency=low
21:14 rangi debuild -us -uc
21:14 rangi that will build a package that will work fine on my system
21:15 rangi so garyb could now
21:15 rangi sudo dpkg -i ../libdigest-jhash-perl_0.07-1ubuntu1_amd64.deb
21:15 rangi (thats only fixing it for his situation)
21:15 rangi but yes for general you would do all the above
21:15 rangi but first you would do
21:16 rangi sudo pbuilder --login
21:16 rangi and do it in there :)
21:16 rangi at least i think that would work
21:16 garyb Thanks rangi, but I'm also concerned that others running 64-bit squeeze are seeing the same issue
21:17 rangi yep they will be, it'll be something fixed before 3.10.1
21:17 jcamins rangi: ooooh, cever.
21:17 jcamins *clever
21:17 jcamins I hadn't thought of just logging into pbuilder and doing it there.
21:17 rangi we'll probably have a 3.10.0-2 shortly
21:17 rangi actually no
21:18 rangi we'll have a libdigest-jhash-perl_0.07-2 or something
21:18 rangi that is happy wiht 5.10
21:18 jcamins Yeah, now that you explained how to do it, I'll build the package and leave it for eythian.
21:18 rangi >= 5.10 anyway
21:18 rangi awesome thanks
21:19 garyb Thanks, all. I'll stick with 3.8 for now and try the upgrade later.
21:23 magnuse rangi++ jcamins++
21:24 cait :)
21:24 cait rangi++
21:24 cait he knows why
21:24 cait hehe
21:25 drojf1 joined #koha
21:26 magnuse my problems from earlier seems to have been solved by removing all the other instances on that server. must research it some more, but not now
21:27 jcamins What problems?
21:27 magnuse weirdness
21:27 magnuse getting logged out of the staff client
21:28 jcamins Okay, that didn't work.
21:28 rangi magnuse: using memcached ?
21:28 magnuse sysprefs not saving
21:28 magnuse rangi: nope
21:28 rangi hmm
21:28 jcamins debuild uses fakeroot.
21:28 magnuse plain vanilla install of the 3.10 packages
21:28 magnuse it could have been a mysql problem, somehow
21:29 jcamins magnuse: gibberish in your timeout syspref.
21:29 magnuse 12000000?
21:29 jcamins I've had that happen before, though I thought was fixed.
21:29 jcamins Oh well.
21:29 jcamins So much for that idea.
21:29 magnuse what it says now
21:30 magnuse i'll do some more research in a day or two, and let y'all know
21:31 * magnuse wishes #koha a good night or other time of the day
21:32 jcamins rangi: do you think you could build a package using dh-make-perl and tell me what dependencies the package ends up with?
21:33 rangi i just did, but its quantal, so 5.14
21:33 jcamins Oh.
21:33 jcamins Right.
21:33 jcamins Hm.
21:33 jcamins Oh!
21:33 jcamins The 32-bit package has Squeeze dependencies.
21:33 rangi ah yep
21:37 jcamins I think I got it.
21:38 jcamins @later tell eythian I have a new version of the amd64 packages for libdigest-jhash-perl at http://kohadev.cpbibliography.[…]hash-amd64.tar.gz
21:38 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
21:39 rangi nice!
21:40 tcohen joined #koha
21:40 jcamins 467k records in.
21:41 jcamins If it dies again I shall be very unhappy.
21:42 * cait shall send you cookies
21:43 jcamins I'd take those either way. :)
21:43 cait and cookies for everyone giving an opinion on my latest mail to koha devel :)
21:47 eythian jcamins: ta
21:50 rangi
21:50 rangi now running from the demo server
21:50 cait rangi: did you develop a hobbit mobile theme?
21:51 rangi naw, but can you check that is 3.8.6 for you?
21:51 cait rangi: broken js for me hm
21:51 rangi can you do a shift-refresh please
21:51 cait hm css
21:51 cait yep i did
21:51 rangi i had to do a couple then it seemed come right
21:51 rangi the cart?
21:51 cait diyoumaybe miss moving a separate css file?
21:51 wahanui it has been said that the cart is turned on, not sure lists should matter? (in the staff client)
21:51 rangi it is 3.8.6 for you eh?
21:52 eythian it doesn't reference files on an internal server does it?
21:52 rangi ah probably
21:52 cait rangi: layout still broken . checking version now
21:52 cait /opac-tmpl/prog/en/css/[…]en/css/mykoha.css" />
21:52 cait that does look a bit weird
21:52 rangi yeah, ill fix
21:53 cait but yes for the version :)
21:56 rangi shift refresh now?
21:56 eythian jcamins: new packages uploading
21:56 eythian s/ing/ed/
21:58 cait rangi: looks lots better
21:58 cait but still some weirdess
21:58 cait is it iintentional the cart pic is missing?
21:58 rangi probably not
22:04 jcamins Got up to 695k... that's farther than we got before.
22:08 drojf jcamins: fingers crossed
22:09 jcamins Merging now.
22:11 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #958: SUCCESS in 1 hr 12 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/958/
22:12 jenkins_koha oleonard: Bug 9106 - Filtering list of uncertain price list by owner empties order information
22:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9106 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Pushed to Master , Filtering list of uncertain price list by owner empties order information
22:12 jcamins I don't see anywhere to enter a barcode on the order receive page.
22:14 jcamins Oh, right.
22:14 jcamins I always forget that acquisitions DOESN'T WORK ON STOCK KOHA.
22:14 cait ?
22:15 jcamins Without an ACQ framework, which isn't automatically created, it doesn't work.
22:15 cait it used to work
22:15 cait they broke it :(
22:16 jcamins Hm.
22:18 eythian yeah, it definitely used to work.
22:21 cait jcamins: sounds like a bug
22:21 jcamins cait: yeah.
22:21 jcamins It's called the Acquisitions module.
22:21 cait well...
22:22 cait eah, but let's start with small steps
22:22 jcamins cait: small steps are going to be difficult... I'm not pushing anything that I can't even kind of test.
22:22 cait jcamins: i agree with you
22:23 cait which patch are you looking at?
22:23 cait and I meant rewriting the acq framework will be hard - so we have to fix it small steps
22:23 jcamins bug 8557.
22:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8557 normal, P3, ---, christophe.croullebois, Passed QA , in and the use of a barcode scan send the form unexpectedly
22:23 cait at least until you ifnished the search rewrite ;)
22:23 cait and then you can start on acq
22:23 cait hm rewriting acquisitions
22:23 * cait had a long day
22:24 cait jcamins: and your default framework has no barcode?
22:24 cait what exactly are you doing? I could test and I think I don't have one hm.
22:24 jcamins No, it's much worse than that.
22:24 jcamins The majority of the acquisitions module simply does not do anything at all.
22:25 jcamins The screen that the patch is supposd to change doesn't include anywhere to edit a barcode.
22:25 cait jcamins: did you set AcqCreateItem to on receive?
22:25 cait it sounds like you hve it 'on order'
22:26 jcamins I didn't set anything.
22:26 jcamins That's why I asked for a detailed test plan from the beginning.
22:26 jcamins I habitually avoid the Acquisitions module because it's bad for my blood pressure.
22:27 cait it's in the bug somewhere
22:28 francharb see ya later!
22:28 * francharb waves at #koha
22:28 * jcamins has an average of fifteen bugs to review every time he has a chance to work on RMy things. People will learn not to bury the lede. :)
22:28 cait hehe
22:28 jcamins And to provide test plans.
22:28 cait I can't find it in th bug now to be honest
22:28 jcamins It might be there.
22:29 rambutan joined #koha
22:29 * jcamins should have a rule: after ten minutes of not being able to figure out what the deal is with a patch, it is automatically failed.
22:30 cait jcamins: to do the patch justice - first sentence in the very first message on the bug :)
22:30 cait in orderreceive when you receive an order with 'AcqCreateItem ' on 'receiving', you must first fill the 'Item' block and validating by clicking 'add' before clicking the 'save' button.
22:31 cait maybe it would be good to remind people to put that into their commit messages too :)
22:31 jcamins Yes, I will do that.
22:34 eythian cait: that wouldn't work
22:35 eythian because if it's a bug reported by an end-user, you can't always expect it to be in that form.
22:35 eythian (I was going to say "coherent", but I guess it's just Cynical Thursday today)
22:35 jcamins eythian: sorry, if the developer can't copy and paste, I'm not pushing the patch anyway.
22:36 eythian jcamins: but what happens if the developer didn't create the bug request? They have no control over the first message on the bug.
22:36 jcamins But I don't look at the first message in the bug.
22:36 jcamins I couldn't care less what's there.
22:37 jcamins I want the commit message to tell me what I need to know.
22:37 jcamins Otherwise, I have to do the developer's job *and* my job.
22:38 eythian that's why I was replying to: <cait> jcamins: to do the patch justice - first sentence in the very first message on the bug :)
22:38 wizzyrea I wouldn't mind the description
22:38 jcamins Oh, cait's saying the explanation is there.
22:38 eythian ohh
22:38 eythian I misread then
22:38 jcamins I think.
22:38 * jcamins isn't looking.
22:38 * eythian goes back to whatever it is he's supposed to be doing
22:39 cait lol
22:39 jcamins I'm writing an e-mail saying "if you don't include the information I need on the commit message, you're begging for your patches to be left dangling."
22:39 cait I step away for a short moment...
22:39 * wizzyrea hopes you actually say what info you want >.>
22:39 cait eythian, jcamins: what I meant was remind the patch writers to put all needed informaton in the commit message - so I guess we all agree actually :)
22:39 jcamins wizzyrea: yes.
22:39 wizzyrea I consider test plans to be not-optional
22:39 wizzyrea :P
22:40 wizzyrea coherent test plans.
22:52 cait :)
22:52 cait good night #koha!
22:57 edveal left #koha
22:58 papa joined #koha
22:58 melia left #koha
23:08 thd-away joined #koha
23:17 jcamins mveron++
23:30 jcamins wizzyrea: was that clear enough?
23:30 jcamins About what I want, I mean. :)
23:31 jcamins And by "want" I of course mean "require."
23:33 jcamins Bet no one realized I was such an irascible martinet. :P
23:33 * eythian plans commit messages in sonnet form
23:34 jcamins eythian: commit messages of literary merit receive bonus points.
23:55 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_9030' into 3.12-master <[…]10bad4e3573a53f22> / Bug 9030: Increment version number <[…]8a5cb8289bc48a8f8> / Bug 9030: Add constraint on aqorders_items.ordernumber <[…]f;h=550ac77bfd019
23:59 jenkins_koha Starting build #959 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
23:59 jcamins @later tell melia If you run `git config --global "melia AT"` (without the backticks, and putting in an @ character) on the system you're using for testing, your actual e-mail address will appear on signoffs instead of the address. I think rangi and I both have mapping files so that those signoffs are collapsed into your regular address, but you might want to change it anyway.
23:59 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
23:59 jcamins Of course, I only noticed that after merging.

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary