IRC log for #koha, 2012-06-15

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:38 melia left #koha
02:15 m1n3cr4f7 joined #koha
02:15 m1n3cr4f7 new site to get premium minecraft upgrades, no info needed: supplies are limited so get yours now!
02:15 m1n3cr4f7 left #koha
02:18 ibeardslee thanks
02:23 mib_e3t80p joined #koha
02:23 mib_e3t80p hi
02:24 mib_e3t80p please help me about koha?
02:25 wajasu ask.
02:25 mib_e3t80p i install koha 3.8.1 on ubuntu
02:26 wajasu ok.
02:27 m1n3cr4f7 joined #koha
02:27 m1n3cr4f7 new site to get premium minecraft upgrades, no info needed: supplies are limited so get yours now!
02:27 m1n3cr4f7 left #koha
02:27 mib_e3t80p currently we do not seek anything from the OPAC and staff interfaces?
02:28 wajasu verify that you have run/rebuilt the zebra index. and that zebrasrv is running.
02:31 wajasu i assume you have imported some records, via staging or z3950 first.  there should be a cron job that runs the zebra indexer to reindex the database.  the search always uses the zebra server to "find" records.
02:33 mib_e3t80p you can go to my website with information koha: + Web for Employees: 8080 => user: koha; pass: 123 @ koha + Web OPAC: => user: binhdd; pass: 123 @ binhdd
02:35 wajasu if you correctly define KOHA_CONF and PERL5LIB in your commandline environment, you can run a /usr/share/koha/bin/migrat​ion_tools/  (see INSTALL in
02:37 wajasu on the wiki I see a warning for Ubuntu:[…]ki/Koha_on_Ubuntu
02:37 wajasu i reached your site.
02:38 wajasu   is not accessible, probably and apache web config thing, but the OPAC is.
02:38 wajasu Demo Phần mềm quản ...
02:39 mib_e3t80p Demo Phần mềm quản:
02:40 mib_e3t80p with info: user: koha
02:40 mib_e3t80p password: 123@koha
02:40 mib_e3t80p you login and test.
02:40 wajasu its trying to connect, but port 8080 may not getting to the koha host.   works though.
02:41 wajasu it may work for you in your intranet, if its behind a firewall, or NAT router.
02:43 wajasu if you are behind a NATed router, you might need to port forward port 8080.  but folks don't usually do that on the internet.
02:44 wajasu the OPAC works.  nothing to find though.  must need zebra index to be run.
02:44 mib_e3t80p i I was in Vietnam, I have internet but no static IP so I use the free service fai of no-ip
02:45 wajasu thats working fine.
02:47 wajasu maybe you need Listen 8080 added to /etc/apache2/ports.conf
02:49 wajasu did you install from git, ot koha-common
02:49 wajasu git, or koha-common?
02:50 mib_e3t80p Vietnam all over the country have access to the link: or you use a proxy for the link: see it?
02:50 druthb joined #koha
02:50 druthb o/
02:50 wajasu i don't see it from USA.
02:51 wajasu only the OPAC
02:52 mib_e3t80p i not install koha from git.
02:53 wajasu export KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/koha-conf.xml;export PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib
02:53 wajasu $KOHAPATH/bin/migration_tools/ -a -b -z 2>&1 > /dev/null
02:54 mib_e3t80p now you only own a "how to get the data to find the name of the book can easily spend a" thank you!
02:57 wajasu on kohsa staff interface (8080), if yo installed z3950 servicers, you can select "Cataloguing" and z3950 search button.  then search for author, then  click on import link, and and an item.
03:04 mib_e3t80p can you give me a list of titles on the Z39.50 I find it?
03:16 wajasu library of congress:   title: abraham lincoln     or    title: animal farm
03:16 wajasu i've got to go. late here.
03:26 mib_e3t80p I found the name harry potter found "An AZ of Harry Potter" I have install it and create successful item. then I go back home and find the catalog with staff from: "harry potter" shall receive the message: "No results match your search for 'kw, wrdl: harry potter' in Library Catalog System." so was it you?
03:34 whois joined #koha
03:46 druthb left #koha
03:57 wajasu can you look on the wiki to try to rebuild the zebra index.  and make sure the zerbasrv service is running.  then the search may find your item.
04:08 whois i used command $KOHAPATH/bin/migration_tools/ -a -b -z 2>&1 > /dev/null
04:09 whois but receive the message: Can't locate C4/ in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at ./migration_tools/ line 6.
04:15 whois + Have the following problem: if I search for "harry potter" in cataloging the Biblios Seach reservoir in the list
04:15 whois even if I search for "harry potter" in the catalog Seach receive the message: "No results match your search for 'kw, wrdl: harry potter' in Library Catalog System."
04:15 whois + Note that the interface is only found in the catalog OPAC Seach.
04:54 wajasu Can't locate C4/ in @INC      i think you need to set the PERL5LIB and KOHA_CONF variables before running the rebuild script.
04:55 mtj wajasu++
05:17 Oak joined #koha
05:18 Oak kia ora #koha
06:08 papa joined #koha
06:08 mveron joined #koha
06:08 mveron Good morning #koha
06:15 papa1 joined #koha
06:27 cait joined #koha
06:29 alex_a hello #koha !
06:32 stuartyeates joined #koha
06:32 stuartyeates left #koha
06:37 cait hi #koha
06:38 stuartyeates joined #koha
06:39 papa joined #koha
06:41 reiveune joined #koha
06:42 reiveune hello
06:42 wahanui bonjour, reiveune
06:43 julian_m joined #koha
06:43 drojf joined #koha
06:43 drojf good morning #koha
06:44 * cait waves
06:44 * mveron waves back
06:45 drojf moin cait and mveron
06:46 mveron Guete morge drojf
06:48 laurence joined #koha
06:56 hdl joined #koha
06:56 julian_m hi
06:58 whois joined #koha
06:58 whois hi all
06:59 whois please help me!
07:02 mveron whois: Go ahead, ask questions :-) I got a lot of help here
07:03 whois yes!
07:04 Oak joined #koha
07:04 Oak kia ora #koha
07:04 Oak cait!
07:04 mbalmer joined #koha
07:05 mveron Hi mbalmer
07:05 mbalmer morgen!
07:05 hdl joined #koha
07:05 whois while ago I talked with you in room # koha wajasu
07:05 drojf moin mbalmer
07:05 whois you can access the web staff koha: 8080 is not?
07:06 drojf whois: works without the space before the number
07:06 drojf
07:07 whois i install koha ver 3.8.1
07:08 drojf and what is the question?
07:08 wahanui the question is "What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?"
07:08 drojf heh
07:09 mbalmer and what is the answer?
07:09 wahanui i think the answer is always go back to sleep or 42
07:11 drojf wahanui botsnack beer
07:11 wahanui thanks drojf :)
07:11 cait hey!
07:11 drojf a happy little bot ;)
07:11 cait ts
07:11 asaurat joined #koha
07:12 drojf whois: what do you need help with?
07:12 whois My current problem is as follows:
07:12 whois + For cataloging Seach: I can find the word "harry potter"
07:12 whois Seach for the catalog +: I do not find the word "harry potter" and receive the following message: "No results match your search for 'kw, wrdl: harry potter' in Library Catalog System."
07:12 whois Note: the OPAC interface not found any word, for example from "harry potter"
07:12 whois you can fix this Christmas? not?
07:15 drojf whois: sounds like you have to (re)index your files
07:17 sophie_m joined #koha
07:23 whois can you give me the solution does not fix?
07:29 whois My current problem is as follows:
07:29 wahanui i already had it that way, whois.
07:29 whois 1). Seach for cataloging: I can find the word "harry potter"
07:29 whois 2). Seach for the catalog: I do not find the word "harry potter" and receive the following message: "No results match your search for 'kw, wrdl: harry potter' in Library Catalog System."
07:29 whois Note: the OPAC interface not found any word, for example word "harry potter"
07:29 whois => can you give me the solution fix?
07:30 drojf whois:[…]ch-stuff-up-help/
07:37 connor_l_dewar joined #koha
07:37 connor_l_dewar who is wahanui
07:37 wahanui rumour has it i am a repository of important and useful and accurate information or at least partially slow
07:37 connor_l_dewar can you tell me a joke
07:38 connor_l_dewar can you tell me a joke wahanui
07:38 connor_l_dewar @wahanui jokes?
07:38 huginn connor_l_dewar: I've exhausted my database of quotes
07:38 cait connor_l_dewar: you woudl have to find the right words :)
07:38 cait germs?
07:38 wahanui Germs originated in Germany, before rapidly spreading throughout the rest of the world.
07:39 connor_l_dewar haha this is highly entertaining if i couldwork it
07:40 connor_l_dewar what is wahanui
07:40 wahanui i guess i am a repository of important and useful and accurate information or at least partially slow.
07:40 connor_l_dewar how old is wahanui
07:41 cait first question?
07:41 wahanui "What are you trying to do?"  "What is the goal?" or "What problem are you experiencing?"
07:41 cait second question?
07:41 wahanui second question is, like, "What is the exact error message?"
07:41 cait third question?
07:41 wahanui third question is "What version of Koha are you using?"[…]ion-koha-running/
07:41 whois I installed koha 3.8.1 follow the instructions at:; a = blob; f = INSTALL.ubuntu.lucid; hb = HEAD
07:41 whois _ I installed under: Option B: Download Koha from
07:41 whois _ Now I fai reconfigure zebra by any commands line?
07:42 connor_l_dewar i found this great article[…]oping-AI-chatbots and then mum told me about this so i thought id check it out.
07:46 cait i am not sure about the software
07:46 cait perhaps you can find something in the wiki
07:46 connor_l_dewar I need to work out how to do in python but that article outlines the methods
08:03 Waylon joined #koha
08:03 Waylon hiya all!
08:04 Waylon how would i use siege with koha, with a login required server?
08:11 whois thank you: drojf, wajasu, and all
08:15 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:16 sophie_m joined #koha
08:25 connor_l_dewar joined #koha
08:28 laurence1 joined #koha
08:40 hdl joined #koha
08:45 eythian joined #koha
08:47 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:48 paul_p joined #koha
08:49 mle : )
08:50 julian_m joined #koha
08:54 drojf joined #koha
08:55 sophie_m joined #koha
08:58 cait hi mle :)
09:00 hdl joined #koha
09:02 hdl joined #koha
09:07 mveron joined #koha
09:13 mle hey cait ;)
09:13 mle its wonderful to be able to put faces to anmes. : )
09:13 mle names even!
09:14 cait :)
09:14 cait yeah it is!
09:15 cait can you hear the voices too? ;)
09:17 hdl joined #koha
09:19 mle_afk cait: nein
09:19 eythian joined #koha
09:20 cait ooh
09:20 cait hey eythian
09:20 eythian hi
09:20 cait in brighton now?
09:20 eythian yep
09:20 eythian just getting stuff set up
09:20 eythian jcamins_away: I'll hopefully get on to that today
09:20 cait :)
09:21 * mle_afk waves to eythian
09:21 eythian hiya mle
09:21 * cait got a great photo of mle in a kilt :D
09:21 sophie_m joined #koha
09:22 mle : /
09:22 cait oooh don't look like that
09:23 * mle is worried
09:23 cait what about?
09:24 mle nothing really, just the normal photographic shyness i guess
09:24 drojf hi mle
09:24 cait aw
09:24 cait but you looked great :)
09:24 drojf mle: the heather ale is pretty nice!
09:26 mle droif: it will protect you from midges if you have enough of it
09:27 mle droif: i am glad you like it, i think it is an unusual flavour. they are a really cool brewery too, an early entry in the craft market
09:27 drojf you can actually order it online in germany, they seem to have a problem with the german recycling system though, one shop had to take it out again before that is settled
09:28 connor_l_dewar joined #koha
09:29 drojf looking forward to try their other ales. i may continue doing that in the bathtub, worked quite well the first time
09:33 reiveune1 joined #koha
09:33 mle heheheh
09:41 jransom joined #koha
09:42 laurence2 joined #koha
09:43 gaetan_B joined #koha
09:46 vfernandes joined #koha
09:47 vfernandes hi guys
09:48 whois left #koha
09:49 alex_a joined #koha
09:49 vfernandes one little question: the koha notices templates supports HTML?
09:49 vfernandes can I put an image in the template?
09:59 zioha joined #koha
10:00 reiveune joined #koha
10:07 hdl joined #koha
10:09 cait bug 7943
10:09 wahanui bug 7943 is perfect, thanks.
10:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7943 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Untranslatable strings in OPAC's authority search
10:10 cait bug 6720
10:10 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6720 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Saved authorities always show as 'Default'
10:11 cait 8206
10:11 cait bug 8206
10:11 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8206 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Add additional search options to authority browser in OPAC
10:13 laurence1 joined #koha
10:13 cait bug 8205
10:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8205 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Should be possible to hide unused authorities in OPAC
10:14 drojf eythian: there are actually arm packages for idzebra-2.0 and mysql-server in the debian repository. just need koha packages at main/binary-armel/Packages for raspberry koha ;)
10:15 eythian drojf: that should be possible - at the moment it does amd64 and i386,l however they're not really binary packages so would work anyway.
10:16 eythian I'll have to figure out how it determines which arch to create
10:16 drojf that would be great!
10:16 eythian debian/control has "Architecture: all" so it's probably a matter of changing a default somewhere in the build system
10:18 cait jcamins_away: awake?
10:20 julian_m joined #koha
10:21 drojf eythian: so it would work if i could get apt to just use the i386 part of the repository? (if that is possible somehow)
10:22 eythian drojf: it should, I don't think there are any XS modules in there (though there will be eventually for the solr stuff)
10:25 hdl joined #koha
10:25 laurence2 joined #koha
10:31 reiveune1 joined #koha
10:33 julian_m joined #koha
10:39 nengard joined #koha
10:41 drojf eythian: i got it tweaked to use i386 packages. i need 600mb diskspace though, only have ~400mb free on the small sd card so i can't try it now
10:42 eythian why does it need so much disk?
10:42 drojf dependencies i guess. 197 packages
10:43 eythian I suppose, there are a lot of them
10:44 alex_a joined #koha
10:49 jcamins cait: unfortunately yes.
10:49 cait oh
10:49 cait I only wanted to ask about the overlay patch
10:50 jcamins Don't sign off on that one yet.
10:50 jcamins I attached the wrong patch.
10:50 cait oki
10:50 jcamins fredericd++
11:02 alex_a joined #koha
11:23 gaetan_B1 joined #koha
11:26 jwagner joined #koha
11:51 gaetan_B joined #koha
11:54 oleonard joined #koha
11:55 oleonard Hi #koha
11:56 cait hi oleonard :)
11:57 * oleonard is happy to be back at his own computer today
11:59 cait :)
12:03 sophie_m1 joined #koha
12:06 wajasu :)
12:06 hdl joined #koha
12:16 gaetan_B joined #koha
12:17 laurence1 joined #koha
12:17 alex_a1 joined #koha
12:22 asaurat1 joined #koha
12:24 eythian[…]6/woordgrap11.jpg
12:25 jcamins Hehe.
12:35 drojf joined #koha
12:39 NateC joined #koha
12:45 talljoy joined #koha
12:52 asaurat joined #koha
13:03 edveal joined #koha
13:07 cait1 joined #koha
13:12 maximep joined #koha
13:13 gaetan_B joined #koha
13:16 asaurat1 joined #koha
13:18 ago43 joined #koha
13:21 laurence1 joined #koha
13:33 laurence2 joined #koha
13:39 reiveune joined #koha
13:40 laurence2 left #koha
13:41 jcamins Wow. That's a lot of people joining and quitting.
13:42 cait1 perhaps time to hand out some duct tape again?
13:44 oleonard No time to stay and work. I've got a lot of coming and going to do!
13:44 cait1 ah
13:45 cait1 when I keep up walking around at work it normally means I have to write slides for a presentation
13:45 cait1 keep getting up and walking around annoying my coworkers... ;)
13:45 jcamins lol
13:45 cait1 hm
13:45 cait1 I think I have figure it out
13:45 cait1 it's the only $a
13:45 cait1 but
13:46 cait1 it's labelled irritatingly
13:46 cait1 ah, wrong window, but doesn' tmatter :)
13:46 * cait1 is playing with authority search
13:46 oleonard Wheee!
13:46 cait1 whee? ;)
13:47 cait1 jcamins: when I select the tab an explanation is on top
13:47 cait1 jcamins: but ... it still feels kinda wrong to me
13:47 * wizzyrea waves
13:47 jcamins Oh, there it is.
13:47 jcamins cait1: agreed.
13:48 jcamins I don't like the options for searching in the authority module.
13:48 jcamins My improved options in the OPAC are much more useful.
13:48 * jcamins waves back.
13:48 cait1 hope you don't mind... I am adding some enhancement ideas to the bug report
13:48 jcamins cait1: please do.
13:48 jcamins cait1: actually, chances are good that some of the suggestions are already underway.
13:49 cait1 even better :)
13:49 cait1 I think it should remembermy search term
13:49 jcamins You are signing off on patch one of 20ish.
13:50 cait1 hm maybe I am wrong, but the search term shows up nowhwere
13:50 jcamins cait1: you are right.
13:50 jcamins Good point.
13:52 * cait1 is thinking about datatables
13:52 * cait1 hides
13:52 jcamins Datatables?
13:52 cait1 well
13:52 cait1 did you realize the pagination on top and on bottom of authority search looks differently?
13:52 sophie_m joined #koha
13:53 cait1 and wouldn't it be nice to see the authtype in the reulst list?
13:53 jcamins You mean in the staff client?
13:54 cait1 yep
13:54 * jcamins isn't rewriting the authorities module in the staff client, sorry.
13:54 cait1 I can still note it :)
13:54 jcamins I think noting what the search is would be nice, though.
13:54 cait1 maybe your customer sees it...
13:54 jcamins Hehe.
13:56 cait1 hm
13:56 cait1 in staff we say details
13:56 cait1 in opac we say: View full heading
13:56 cait1 In wonder if details wouldn't be easier to understand for people?
13:57 cait1 jcamins: bad news
13:57 wahanui i guess bad news is that you're probably royally screwed
13:57 cait1 Template process failed: file error - /home/katrin/kohaclone/koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/​prog/en/modules/ not found at /home/katrin/kohaclone/C4/ line 127.
13:58 jcamins Hmm.
13:58 jcamins Lemme check why that is.
13:58 cait1 when I click on "view full heading"
13:59 jcamins I will upload a new patch with the correction.
13:59 jcamins (that's from a follow-up)
13:59 jcamins Remind me which bug we're on?
13:59 jcamins 7943.
13:59 cait1 you are faster than me
13:59 cait1 and can you do a follow up?
14:00 cait1 oh well, guess I can copy my notes
14:00 jcamins Sure, a follow-up would be easy.
14:01 cait1 whatever you prefer :)
14:01 cait1 I will get another juice
14:03 cait1 hm probably too much sugar
14:03 jcamins Yay!
14:03 jcamins Sugar!
14:03 * jcamins bounces enthusiastically on his exercise ball.
14:04 hdl joined #koha
14:05 jcamins Oh, bother.
14:05 jcamins This database update is going to take ages.
14:05 cait1 heh
14:05 cait1 what about my fixed patch?
14:05 cait1 wait or better move on to something else?
14:05 jcamins I'm just about to upload it.
14:06 cait1 ah
14:06 cait1 you renamed the file
14:07 cait1 so the link will not work
14:07 cait1 opac-auth_MARCdetail
14:07 jcamins Attached.
14:07 cait1 k
14:07 cait1 thx :)
14:08 cait1 almost glad I found something -makes me feel like a serious tester ;)
14:08 jcamins :)
14:10 wizzyrea looks like the holidays bug has escaped
14:10 wizzyrea is there a proper bug for that
14:10 wizzyrea bug 8110
14:10 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8110 normal, P5 - low, ---, savitra.sirohi, In Discussion , Fines accruing on closed days
14:11 cait1 hm
14:11 cait1 slow internet
14:11 cait1 takes minutes for git bz apply
14:11 nengard but 8243
14:11 nengard bug 8243
14:11 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8243 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , calendar being ignored
14:11 cait1 hi nengard
14:11 nengard there are two bug reports
14:11 cait1 hi wizzyrea
14:11 cait1 :)
14:11 nengard related to the calendar
14:11 nengard :(
14:11 wizzyrea yea they are  both blockers imo'
14:11 nengard I agree
14:11 nengard but when i put blocker on it's always removed so I didn't do that
14:12 jcamins Is the problem in 3.6.x?
14:12 wizzyrea well I'm going to keep changing it to blocker
14:12 wizzyrea no
14:12 wizzyrea not that I know of
14:12 sophie_m joined #koha
14:12 wizzyrea seriously, when patrons money is involved
14:12 jcamins Good.
14:12 wizzyrea you just don't screw around.
14:12 julian_m joined #koha
14:13 wizzyrea nengard did you file a bug for the double fines thing too?
14:13 nengard i agree wizzyrea
14:13 wizzyrea here again, money = blocker.
14:13 nengard um ?. no because we haven't tracked down what's causing it yet
14:13 nengard kyleh is researching
14:13 wizzyrea doesn't matter
14:13 wizzyrea file ti
14:13 wizzyrea it
14:14 wizzyrea koha community minds > one mind
14:14 nengard filing
14:14 nengard the problem was that we didn't see it consistently ? so we weren't sure if it was us or KOha
14:14 nengard Koha
14:15 nengard Bug 8253
14:15 wizzyrea well, whatever it is
14:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8253 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Fine doubling
14:15 wizzyrea no doubt that it's better to have more eyes on it
14:15 wizzyrea as it has to do with fines.
14:15 wizzyrea nothing discredits a library faster than incorrect fines.
14:15 wizzyrea NOTHING.
14:15 sekjal joined #koha
14:16 Waylon fines--
14:16 wizzyrea awesome, thanks
14:16 wizzyrea yes, agreed on that point
14:16 * cait1 sends wizzyrea some cookies
14:16 Waylon wizzyrea++
14:16 cait1 calming cookies
14:16 jcamins wizzyrea: the discovery that the recently-hired director was a felon who is stealing all the library's books?
14:16 wizzyrea hey, I had a library where that happened
14:16 cait1 ah
14:16 Waylon damn
14:16 cait1 referring to the library in italy?
14:16 jcamins Hehe.
14:16 jcamins Yes.
14:17 * wizzyrea is not, I was referring to the Tonganoxie library several directors ago
14:17 nengard that's a story i've heard many other times
14:17 wizzyrea something like 15k in credit card purchases on the library card for "books" that went into the director's house
14:17 nengard sad ? but true
14:17 wizzyrea yea, you'll find corruption anywhere
14:18 Waylon Although, i volunteered at a library (the one i started with koha for), and one of our most frequent borrowers, and lecturers.. was not only stealing the books, but selling them to used book stores.
14:18 jcamins cait++
14:18 wizzyrea oh wow
14:19 wizzyrea yea, we have patrons in our area
14:19 wizzyrea that go from library to library stealing DVD's
14:19 wizzyrea the consortium has made it a lot easier to spot these patrons
14:19 Waylon i mean, some of these books were priceless, being a spiritual centre.
14:19 wizzyrea as they use the same account in every library
14:20 jcamins Wow.
14:20 gaetan_B joined #koha
14:20 cait1 ok
14:20 cait1 first one done :)
14:20 cait1 moving on to next
14:20 cait1 bug 6720
14:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6720 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Saved authorities always show as 'Default'
14:21 cait1 with an additional thank you to jared for fixing that :)
14:21 cait1 as i filed it in august 2011
14:24 jcamins Glad to be of service.
14:28 cait1 ok, easy to test, signed off and moving on
14:29 cait1 oh
14:29 cait1 the next one is harder
14:29 cait1 bug 8206
14:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8206 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Add additional search options to authority browser in OPAC
14:29 drojf left #koha
14:31 JesseM joined #koha
14:32 tcohen joined #koha
14:35 cait1 hm jcamins? - perhaps bad news
14:35 cait1 I am testng the authority search options
14:36 cait1 and I do a search for "anton"
14:36 cait1 and I get lots of results, one of those is  used for/see from: Bucher, Anton
14:36 cait1 so shouldn't I find that one when searching for anton with the last search option for see from?
14:36 jcamins Yes.
14:37 jcamins Did you reindex?
14:37 cait1 your test plan didn't say so
14:37 jcamins Oops.
14:37 jcamins Sorry!
14:38 cait1 I am doing it now, but your patch does no change to the indexes?
14:38 jcamins Oh, that may be dependent on the overlay patch, then.
14:38 jcamins I'll have to split them up a bit.
14:38 cait1 can you chck? researching is a bit painful for me righ tnow
14:38 cait1 slow internet
14:39 jcamins Yep. After I finish my follow-up to 6720.
14:39 cait1 :)
14:39 nengard has anyone notices that isbn and issn searches on z targets aren't finding results??
14:39 cait1 me
14:39 cait1 I have one target that stubbornly refuses to work, while it does using yaz :(
14:39 cait1 might be more, but that was the one I got the report for
14:40 cait1 and it seems not broken on their side
14:40 cait1 jcamins: moving on for now :)
14:41 jcamins Additional patch 6720.
14:41 jcamins *on bug 6720
14:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6720 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Signed Off , Saved authorities always show as 'Default'
14:42 cait1 added a note on 8206
14:42 cait1 moving back to 6720
14:44 sekjal hi, #koha!
14:45 jcamins Hi, sekjal!
14:45 jcamins Wanna QA something cool?
14:45 sekjal jcamins:  I do; today is the Scholarly Retreat at the library
14:45 jcamins Bug 7943 is very cool!
14:45 cait1 ohoh, jcamins has switched into qa nagging mode ;)
14:45 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7943 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Signed Off , Untranslatable strings in OPAC's authority search
14:46 jcamins ;D
14:46 cait1 hi sekjal :)
14:46 cait1 but he is right - it's cool, because it fixes translatability and rewrites some really evil code
14:47 sekjal hi, cait1
14:47 sekjal jcamins: will look at that one next
14:47 sekjal my goal is to get the QAQ under 10
14:48 sekjal we'll see how well I do
14:48 jcamins sekjal++
14:48 cait1 sekjal++
14:48 cait1 ok, working on 8205 now
14:48 cait1 bug 8205
14:48 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8205 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Should be possible to hide unused authorities in OPAC
14:50 wizzyrea oleonard: no icons yet, but what do you think of this:
14:51 oleonard I wonder if we even need "set library" there since it's in the header at all times
14:52 wizzyrea Ooo good point
14:52 * oleonard honestly didn't notice it was on that page
14:52 cait1 neither did I  :)
14:53 sophie_m joined #koha
14:53 * oleonard wishes wizzyrea good luck finding icons that differentiate all those holds reports
14:53 cait1 oh yes
14:53 cait1 well... i don't need icons
14:53 oleonard ^ and that's why icons are problematic
14:54 cait1 is that the right time to say - I dislike icons?
14:54 cait1 ;)
14:54 oleonard What about a set of icons for the top 4 functions, say check out check in transfer and fast cataloging, then a box under all that with report links?
14:54 cait1 I tihnk another problem is grouping
14:54 cait1 the new buttons ar enice
14:55 cait1 but it's also nice to have some groups - holds reports for example
14:55 nengard left #koha
14:55 cait1 hierarchies
14:55 * jcamins would like rolldown trays for things that are less commonly used.
14:55 wizzyrea I like these ideas
14:56 wizzyrea but I don't like hiding things, sorry jcamins.
14:56 wizzyrea people don't find them
14:56 cait1 I think it#s hard to tell what's not commonly used here
14:56 cait1 the only time I go to that page is when I want to run a report from it
14:56 cait1 for checkout and checkin I use other paths
14:56 jcamins wizzyrea: we don't have an authority search/new authority link at all from the main page anymore.
14:57 jcamins wizzyrea: so adding a roll-down tray would reduce clicks for those of us who use those links regularly.
14:57 cait1 now you scared gaetan_B away :)
14:57 wizzyrea well *there* it might make sense, but i'm not sure there is anything that is "not commonly used" on circ-home
14:58 clrh cait1: have to catch his train :)
14:58 jcamins wizzyrea: for me, "circ" would fall under that heading.
14:58 jcamins :P
14:58 wizzyrea you aren't typical :P
14:58 cait1 clrh: :)
14:58 wizzyrea but yes, I like the idea of icons for some things, and lists of reports for others
14:59 alex_a1 left #koha
14:59 cait1 jcamins: hmmmmmm
14:59 * wizzyrea will piddle about some more
14:59 cait1 I have lots of erros in my logs...
14:59 cait1 or warnings
15:00 jcamins cait1: you do?
15:00 jcamins Uh-oh.
15:00 jcamins That's not good.
15:00 cait1 probably warnings
15:00 cait1 but I still want to ask you to fix it :)
15:00 jcamins If you tell me what they are, I will.
15:01 cait1 [Fri Jun 15 16:57:49 2012] [error] [client] [Fri Jun 15 16:57:49 2012] Use of uninitialized value $i in string eq at /home/katrin/kohaclone/C4/ line 255., referer: http://localhost/cgi-bin/koha/[…]
15:01 cait1 seems to happen with each authority search
15:01 cait1 lots
15:02 jcamins Yikes.
15:02 wizzyrea well here's "add patron"[…]brary/#icon-No682
15:02 jcamins I will look to see what that is.
15:02 * wizzyrea sighs
15:02 cait1 hm seems on current master too
15:02 cait1 but if you would still take a look it would clean up the logs quite a bit
15:02 cait1 seems I get one line for each search result
15:03 * wizzyrea considers this for hold queue
15:03 wizzyrea
15:04 jcamins Wait...
15:04 jcamins You get that error on master?
15:04 cait1 hm
15:04 cait1 yes
15:04 cait1 Ithink so
15:04 cait1 I can retest
15:04 cait1 but before I have to tell you something unpleasant about the unused authorities
15:05 jcamins I've been troubleshooting an error that I think might be caused by that.
15:05 jcamins What's that?
15:05 cait1 I have in use a person with ab and a subject absurdes theater, when I turn the hiding on and search for ab, only the person is found
15:05 cait1 when I search for absurd it shows correctly my other
15:05 jcamins Is absurdes theater used?
15:05 cait1 it is
15:05 reiveune bye$
15:05 reiveune left #koha
15:05 cait1 when I search for absurd it shows up
15:06 cait1 I only don't get them both on one result list
15:06 jcamins But it shows up when you search for ab?
15:06 cait1 maybe something with the maximum retrieved? paging?
15:06 cait1 with ab only the person shows up
15:06 cait1 abel-struth
15:06 cait1 I only have very few linked records in this catalog
15:07 cait1 I get a reswult list with 1 result
15:07 cait1 and lots of paging on top
15:07 jcamins cait1: I mean, when you don't have the syspref turned on, ab shows them both?
15:07 jcamins "ab" shouldn't ever bring up "absurdes" in the default search.
15:07 cait1 why not?
15:07 sekjal jcamins: bug 7943 processed
15:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7943 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Passed QA , Untranslatable strings in OPAC's authority search
15:07 cait1 well, it's a paging problem I think
15:07 cait1 if I page, the records are there
15:08 cait1 but some pages are empty
15:08 cait1 and others have only very few results
15:08 jcamins Because the default search is absurd.
15:08 jcamins Yay!
15:08 cait1 I suppose you just hide the records unused?
15:08 jcamins sekjal++
15:08 cait1 without redoing the paging?
15:08 jcamins cait1: right. That's why it changes the count.
15:08 jcamins (it says "about X records")
15:08 cait1 Showing 2 of about 155 results
15:09 cait1 it's confusing
15:09 cait1 I know it's probably hard to fix that
15:09 cait1 but... it's very confusing
15:09 jcamins cait1: I wouldn't recommend you turn the syspref on. :P
15:09 cait1 I missed the paging the first time, because I assumed only 1 rsult was right
15:09 cait1 jcamins: is that a proper solution to the problem? ;)
15:09 jcamins cait1: unfortunately, yes.
15:10 jcamins cait1: it's the same reason the opachiddenitems syspref is so unpleasant to use.
15:10 cait1 my result pages 7 and 8 are empty, 6 shows one record... and so on
15:10 cait1 meh.
15:10 jcamins With solr we may be able to work around it, but Zebra doesn't really give us any option. :(
15:10 cait1 we do paging wrong then.
15:10 jcamins We sure do!
15:11 cait1 hm
15:11 cait1 it's an optoin
15:11 cait1 I could sign off on it with a note
15:11 cait1 but it really looks not nice with my badly linked data
15:11 jcamins Paging should be done consistently, but until we move all the search code to one place (Koha::SearchEngine), we can't do that.
15:11 jcamins :(
15:12 cait1 oh, don't do the sad smiley on me!
15:12 jcamins Actually, the problem will be fixed to a large extent by my proposed RecordProcessor, though that's more a side effect than anything else.
15:15 asaurat1 left #koha
15:15 jcamins But before my RecordProcessor code can be submitted, bug 7943 needs to be pushed.
15:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7943 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Passed QA , Untranslatable strings in OPAC's authority search
15:16 jcamins Yay!
15:16 jcamins cait++
15:19 druthb joined #koha
15:19 druthb o/
15:20 oleonard Hi druthb
15:21 druthb hi, oleonard!
15:21 cait1 hi druthb
15:21 mib_m1g889 joined #koha
15:21 mib_m1g889 helllo guys
15:21 oleonard On the batch mod screen is it more technically correct to say "check to delete subfield 3" or "check to delete the value of subfield 3?"
15:21 druthb hi, cait1  :)
15:21 mib_m1g889 query about sql under Koha
15:21 mib_m1g889 anyone can help plz
15:22 wizzyrea just ask :)
15:22 eythian mib_m1g889: you're going to have to ask a question before anyone can help
15:23 cait1 eythian: I still have to get used to you at this time of the day :)
15:24 jcamins eythian: wow, that's really weird.
15:24 mib_m1g889 Is there any relationship maitained (PK - FK) for the table action_logs and borrowers Table
15:24 jcamins schema?
15:24 wahanui somebody said schema was tracked in git. or found at
15:25 SJeffery joined #koha
15:27 cait1 ok
15:27 cait1 running out of battery
15:27 cait1 bbl
15:27 druthb kk
15:28 eythian How do people typically do items in stack? Have a location, ccode, or item type, or have the stack as a branch?
15:28 jcamins eythian: what do you mean?
15:29 eythian jcamins: you have books in the stack (i.e. in the back room, not the general collection) and people can get them out by asking a librarian to go fetch them
15:29 jcamins I use location.
15:29 eythian That's what I was thinking would be most appropriate
15:29 cait1 eythian: we use a location
15:29 jcamins ccode would also work, if there's a logical collection division.
15:29 eythian The library asked for a separate item type
15:29 cait1 eythian: to have the allowonshelfholds in circ matrix would help quite a bit
15:29 eythian which I didn't think was correct
15:30 cait1 but as long as this is global... not much difference in how you do it I think
15:30 cait1 I mean no method with big advantage over another afaikt
15:30 jcamins eythian: separate itemtype makes sense if they circulate differently.
15:30 eythian yeah
15:30 cait1 eythian: itemtype can be correct too - for managing hold sfor those items
15:30 eythian I guess I need more details from them
15:31 eythian cait1: why managing holds?
15:31 cait1 I think they want to put holds on them?
15:31 cait1 so they know they have to get ti?
15:31 cait1 or do they prefer people ask for it and not have people place holds on those? than you could do that with the circ rules
15:31 eythian I dunno
15:32 cait1 and you could limit (if maxreserves was working) how many stack holds a person can do
15:32 cait1 but the problem is
15:32 eythian it's a small community library
15:32 cait1 atm all those features are quite broken probably
15:32 eythian so probably just like it was on the shelf
15:32 wizzyrea I always think of itemtypes as "types of things that circulate," Locations as "physical places those itemtypes live," and collection codes as "groups of like things"
15:33 cait1 ^^
15:33 SJeffery ^^
15:33 eythian yeah, that's my distiction too
15:34 wizzyrea but cait is right, hold limits are broooken right now
15:34 tcohen hi #koha
15:34 tcohen is ian here?
15:34 wizzyrea @seen sekjal
15:34 huginn wizzyrea: sekjal was last seen in #koha 26 minutes and 52 seconds ago: <sekjal> jcamins: bug 7943 processed
15:34 jcamins sekjal was a moment ago.
15:34 wizzyrea seems so
15:34 cait1 oook, now I am really leaving
15:34 cait1 bbl from home :)
15:34 wizzyrea later :)
15:35 tcohen sekjal is ian? :-D
15:35 wizzyrea irc regulars?
15:35 wahanui irc regulars is at
15:35 wizzyrea ;)
15:35 drojf joined #koha
15:35 sekjal my name is Ian, yes
15:35 sekjal one of a couple in the Koha community, though
15:35 tcohen do u have a minute to talk about
15:36 tcohen _FixFineDaysOnReturn
15:36 sekjal tcohen: sure
15:36 tcohen ( deltadays - grace )->is_positive is true for 0 and 0
15:37 SJeffery lol, I never realized that sekjal=ian
15:37 tcohen ence we are debarring patrons when check-in occurs the same day the check-out happened
15:37 tcohen (using finedays of course)
15:38 sekjal tcohen: that's what the thread on koha-devel was leading me to believe, yes
15:38 tcohen indeed
15:38 sekjal so we need to change our comparison
15:38 tcohen i was asked by bgk to check that
15:38 tcohen as we are going into production with 3.8
15:39 jcamins tcohen: you are?
15:39 jcamins tcohen: are you sure you want to do that?
15:39 tcohen now we are not
15:39 jcamins tcohen: I mean, seriously, you've considered this at length and written out pros and cons?
15:40 tcohen jcamins, no
15:40 jcamins Not to be pessimistic, but .1 is early.
15:40 tcohen haven't found a pros and cons list
15:41 jcamins tcohen: you can, of course, go to 3.8 if you'd like, I just hear more about problems with that decision than I do about benefits. ;)
15:42 tcohen jcamins, i've tons of koha-devel emails to read
15:42 tcohen been out for a while
15:42 jcamins tcohen: fair enough.
15:42 tcohen (from koha stuff)
15:42 jcamins Welcome back.
15:43 jcamins dpavlin is going to be redoing the caching code.
15:43 * jcamins is very excited. :)
15:43 SJeffery jcamins: I am looking at the 3.8 bugs list and nothing is jumping out as being a major issue...?
15:43 tcohen yes, i've read bout it
15:43 tcohen and i'm glad to hear that!
15:43 sekjal tcohen:  so it looks like the problem is in Koha::Calendar
15:43 tcohen if you're using finedays, wait until we get that fixed
15:44 sekjal we're getting the absolute value of days between due and today, rather than a positive or negative duration
15:44 wizzyrea SJeffery: oh my
15:44 wizzyrea so many bugs.
15:44 wizzyrea bad bugs
15:44 wizzyrea double fines
15:44 wizzyrea no hold limits
15:44 oleonard If you're using hold limits wait until we get that fixed (unless it's already broken in your installation)
15:44 wizzyrea calendar days not working
15:44 wizzyrea dropbox mode not working
15:44 tcohen _FixFineDaysOnReturn->deltadays: 0
15:45 tcohen _FixFineDaysOnReturn->grace: 0
15:45 SJeffery ah, ok. We do not use holds, serials module, acquisitions module, fines, or checkout periods:)
15:45 wizzyrea due dates set at 00:00 instead of 23:59
15:45 SJeffery That could be why I do not see anything!
15:45 tcohen ( deltadays - grace )->is_positive = 1
15:45 wizzyrea yea, that would explain it.
15:45 wizzyrea ;)
15:45 wizzyrea basically, if you only want to catalog stuff, you're pretty good
15:45 jcamins SJeffery: it's little problems that add up to a big nuisance... lots of issues with fines, some with holds, the UI isn't quite finished, etc.
15:45 wizzyrea if you want to circ
15:45 wizzyrea with all of the
15:45 wizzyrea @quote get 123
15:45 huginn wizzyrea: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
15:45 wizzyrea mad schemes
15:45 wizzyrea that libraries like to do
15:45 jcamins Except that authority linking may be broken in 3.8.1.
15:45 wizzyrea don't use 3.8
15:45 * jcamins bangs his head on the desk.
15:46 sekjal ::sigh::
15:46 jcamins I just fixed it!
15:46 jcamins *Just* fixed it.
15:46 tcohen authority linking? finedays?
15:46 jcamins Under six months ago fixed it.
15:46 jcamins The patch got into 3.6.x a month ago.
15:46 SJeffery I have no clue what mad schemes you could be referring to *whistles innocently*
15:47 eythian I used that patch on a slightly older 3.6, it worked magically
15:47 jcamins eythian: authority linking works beautifully on 3.6.x.
15:51 slef hi all
15:52 drojf hey slef
15:52 eythian hello slef
15:53 * wizzyrea waves to slef the kohacon conquering hero!
15:53 slef wizzyrea: it only looks that way because several other volunteers had to do tasks away from the hall... like getting HMRC to release the book bags
15:54 wizzyrea pft
15:54 wizzyrea modest as always
15:54 slef it was fun... but very tiring
15:55 slef and I've done over 1000 miles since 4pm Monday
15:55 slef so looking forward to the England football match tonight
15:55 slef and listening to the French getting beat just now
15:56 sophie_m left #koha
15:58 wizzyrea 1000 miles… on bike?
15:58 wizzyrea or...
15:59 slef foot, car, bike, train, bike, car
15:59 wizzyrea good heavens.
15:59 wizzyrea mostly train though eh
15:59 slef mostly car, sadly
15:59 wizzyrea ooo
16:00 slef we lugged too much kit between edinburgh and Norfolk to use the train
16:03 melia joined #koha
16:06 oleonard Item batch mod can't set lost status?
16:07 wizzyrea wha?
16:07 wizzyrea srsly? that used to work.
16:08 oleonard I don't see it in the list of subfields
16:08 * wizzyrea looks
16:09 oleonard Wait, is my framework messed up?
16:09 eythian that sounds plausible
16:10 jcamins eythian: what is it that I had asked you to do?
16:10 eythian <jcamins> Could you please upload a package for libtemplate-plugin-htmltotext-perl to the oldstable dist on
16:10 jcamins You said you were working on it, but I have no recollection what "it" is.
16:10 jcamins Ah.
16:10 jcamins Thanks.
16:10 eythian probably not today actually
16:10 eythian given it's after 5 already
16:10 jcamins That's not going into 3.6.6 anyway.
16:10 eythian OK cool
16:10 wizzyrea oleonard: I don't see it either
16:10 wizzyrea in master… let me check 3.8
16:10 wizzyrea 3.6
16:11 eythian who scans a bunch of items just to mark them lost anyway? They're clearly in your pile ;)
16:11 wizzyrea it's subfield 1
16:11 wizzyrea and it's in 3.6
16:11 wizzyrea actually that's a really good point ^.^
16:12 jcamins eythian: you mark them not lost.
16:12 eythian Oh, you just "happened" to find them behind the couch eh?
16:12 eythian suspicious
16:13 oleonard eythian: Because don't tell me what to do!
16:13 jcamins eythian: the problem patron that took out fifty books and didn't return them for a year?
16:13 jcamins s/he just found them all when you sent him/her to collections.
16:13 eythian stop bringing loginc into this!
16:13 eythian or logic
16:13 jcamins eythian: so where are you?
16:13 eythian jcamins: Brighton
16:13 wahanui i guess Brighton is where the catalyst UK offices are
16:13 * oleonard wishes Bug 8229 would get pushed so he could properly check his framework
16:13 eythian what wahanui said
16:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8229 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , Tabs in marc subfield structure is not shown correctly
16:15 jcamins eythian: ah. I'm sure they have decent beer in Brighton.
16:15 oleonard wizzyrea: My subfield 1 was hidden for some reason.
16:15 eythian jcamins: the Darkstar brewery is in these parts somewhere
16:15 eythian and The Evening Star, where it's served, is nearby.
16:16 wizzyrea well it's the same in mine
16:17 eythian there is a sad lack of untappd activity in the region however
16:17 oleonard So anyway, on the batch mod screen is it more technically correct to say "check to delete subfield 3" or "check to delete the value of subfield 3?"
16:17 * jcamins is not a beer drinker, but understands that Fridays mean beer o'clock at Catalyst.
16:18 jcamins The first.
16:18 wahanui somebody said the first was the command i ran
16:18 wizzyrea delete the value
16:18 eythian jcamins: it is in Wellington, apparently not so much in the UK however, alas
16:18 wizzyrea hmm, I'm disagreeing with jcamins - you're not actually deleting the subfield right?
16:18 jcamins eythian: introduce them to the concept! Isn't Catalyst an NZ company?
16:18 jcamins wizzyrea: yes you are.
16:19 eythian jcamins: it is. About half the staff here are from NZ
16:19 jcamins eythian: ergo, you are eighteen minutes late to beer o'clock!
16:19 jcamins wizzyrea: you can't have a subfield with no value.
16:19 eythian 1 hour 18 minutes
16:20 jcamins !!! Even worse!
16:20 eythian I know!
16:28 dpavlin jcamins: I didn't drink beer before Scotland either, but ale got me over to the dark side :-)
16:29 eythian dpavlin: if all you've had previously is crappy lagers, you've been missing out.
16:29 * oleonard has been in the mood for a good ale lately
16:30 dpavlin I know :-)
16:30 brylie joined #koha
16:30 jcamins dpavlin: I've been to Scotland. The reason I don't drink beer is the bubbles.
16:30 eythian jcamins: cask ales aren't very carbonated at all
16:30 jcamins A friend of mine brews the occasional beer without any secondary fermentation so that I can drink it.
16:31 jcamins (why yes, most of my friends *do* brew their own beer)
16:32 oleonard Showoff :P
16:32 eythian that's nothing, a number of my friends brew commercially :)
16:32 sekjal homebrewing is definitely "in" these days
16:32 eythian We've passed it by already
16:32 * wizzyrea recalls that eythian is a beer geek beyond any other I know
16:32 eythian the US is so far behind ;)
16:32 jcamins eythian: would that be why they're your friends? ;)
16:32 dpavlin jcamins: bubbles help with alchocol transfer to bood, which is the point of beer, I guess...
16:33 dpavlin s/bood/blood/
16:33 jcamins dpavlin: I can't drink soda, either.
16:33 eythian jcamins: heh, it's about 50/50 ;)
16:35 wizzyrea yea, the cool kids have moved on to making their own kombucha
16:35 wizzyrea or something.
16:38 cait joined #koha
16:40 * cait waves
16:40 jcamins cait: how did you get those warnings?
16:43 cait search
16:43 cait all I did was a search in opac authorities browser
16:43 cait I think maybe my "abs"
16:44 jcamins Huh.
16:44 * eythian is outta here, bye!
16:44 jcamins Ohh.
16:45 dpavlin I'm missing ui-bg_flat_75_ffffff_40x100.png and friend in master what did I do wrong?
16:45 oleonard dpavlin: What page?
16:45 wahanui it has been said that page is too big?
16:45 dpavlin every intranet page
16:46 dpavlin I don't have files on filesystem.
16:46 jcamins Bug 8205
16:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8205 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Signed Off , Should be possible to hide unused authorities in OPAC
16:46 jcamins bug 8206
16:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8206 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Failed QA , Add additional search options to authority browser in OPAC
16:46 jcamins There's the one I wanted.
16:46 cait eythian: nice evening :)
16:47 oleonard dpavlin: Clear your browser cache?
16:47 jcamins cait: it turns out that your authority search for "ab" was only working because we're producing invalid authorities queries on the OPAC.
16:47 dpavlin oleonard: nop. I don't have them in git checkout. Where are they surposed to come from?
16:47 cait jcamins: interesting
16:47 cait jcamins: i always search for a, b or something else to produce big result lists
16:47 cait I assumed auto truncation
16:48 jcamins cait: nope. Just a bug.
16:48 * cait waves at dpavlin :)
16:48 cait jcamins: hmmm
16:48 cait jcamins: but i like being able to do truncate searches?
16:48 oleonard dpavlin: It's not that you're missing those files, it's that some CSS is calling images which it shouldn't
16:49 oleonard dpavlin: That's why I suggested clearing your cache. Your staff client CSS shouldn't call those images if it is up to date
16:49 nengard joined #koha
16:49 jcamins cait: that's why I added the options.
16:49 jcamins cait: because I would like to be able to automatically truncate.
16:49 cait hm
16:49 cait I thouht that was what contains and the others were for?
16:50 cait I am confused now, but you are probably right
16:50 jcamins cait: the default authorities index was phrase only.
16:51 dpavlin oleonard: make sense. But I have references to them in koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/pro​g/en/lib/jquery/jquery-ui.css
16:52 oleonard dpavlin: Yes, but those calls should be overridden by staff-global.css. My datepicker follow-up consolidates all that a bit.
16:54 dpavlin oleonard++ we have our own staff-global.css which is culprint.
16:55 cait supermarket
16:55 cait bbiab
17:01 * oleonard is off
17:01 oleonard Have a nice weekend
17:04 sekjal QAQ at 27
17:07 jcamins Bug 8206 is ready for cait's sign off.
17:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8206 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Add additional search options to authority browser in OPAC
17:12 cait :)
17:12 cait back
17:12 cait sekjal++
17:14 jcamins cait: and when you are done with bug 8206, bug 8202 would welcome your attention.
17:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8206 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Add additional search options to authority browser in OPAC
17:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8202 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Add authorities to export tool
17:14 jcamins wizzyrea: that one may be relevant to your interest, as well.
17:14 cait I think wizzyrea is probably busy in circulation righ tnow :(
17:15 cait wizzyrea: are there patches for the big problems yet?
17:16 jcamins cait: yes, but I thought she might need a break before her head exploded.
17:18 cait testing something nice? ;)
17:18 cait I will prepare my dinner, then I am back to teesting
17:18 jcamins cait: yep. Many nice things. Also, bug 8203.
17:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8203 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Should be possible to save individual authorities
17:18 cait ok, give me the sequence again :)
17:19 jcamins cait: bug 8206, followed by 8202, followed by 8203.
17:19 jcamins All should be pretty easy to test.
17:21 cait k
17:21 cait but first cutting onions
17:21 jcamins sekjal: you're getting there!
17:23 jcamins And a bunch of these (based on the subjects) look like they should be pretty small, and therefore easy to QA. :)
17:24 sekjal under 20
17:24 * cait starts crying
17:25 jcamins cait: if you run water over the onions first, it will help a bit.
17:25 cait too late
17:34 sekjal QAQ = 15
17:37 * cait cheers sekjal on
17:42 sekjal QAQ = 13, and everything left is classed as "ENH"
17:45 Oak joined #koha
17:45 Oak @wunder islamabad
17:45 huginn Oak: The current temperature in Islamabad, Pakistan is 35.0°C (10:00 PM PKT on June 15, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 23%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 29.50 in 999 hPa (Steady).
17:46 Oak kia ora #koha
17:46 jcamins Bah, humbug.
17:46 * jcamins finds two bugs.
17:50 sekjal going to grab a cookie from downstairs, then will start QAing bug 8130
17:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8130 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Signed Off , attach PDF files to a patron record
17:55 cait :)
17:59 sekjal well that was anti-climactic... doesn't apply
17:59 talljoy1 joined #koha
17:59 sekjal sorry, kylemhall... probably a simple rebase, but I know how annoying those can be to have to do repeatedly
18:05 talljoy2 joined #koha
18:05 jcamins How many places do you think we use get_saved_report?
18:06 cait too many?
18:07 jcamins Surprisingly few places, actually.
18:07 * jcamins carries on.
18:08 cait oh
18:08 cait what are you working on?
18:09 jcamins Bug 8255.
18:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8255 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Local cover images should be cacheable
18:09 jcamins No.
18:09 jcamins Bug 8256
18:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8256 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Reports webservice should allow selection by name
18:09 cait selection by name?
18:09 cait ah report name?
18:10 jcamins Yup.
18:13 jcamins Cool.
18:13 jcamins My change worked.
18:14 * wizzyrea returns from lunch
18:15 sekjal QAQ = 9
18:15 wizzyrea sekjal++
18:15 sekjal paul_p will have plenty of work for Monday :)
18:16 wizzyrea sekjal - opinion - on bug 6976 which fix do you think is better?
18:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6976 major, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, colin.campbell, Needs Signoff , User hold limit can be avoided by users in OPAC
18:16 wizzyrea or do you have an opinion on that because… that really needs to be fixed.
18:16 sekjal wizzyrea:  reading patches, will try to formulate an informed opinion
18:17 jcamins wizzyrea: the second patch is a rewrite of the first.
18:17 jcamins At least, that's what it looked like to me.
18:17 wizzyrea i know but ...
18:18 wizzyrea i'm a waffler.
18:18 * jcamins isn't. I was fine with the first patch.
18:18 sekjal so the root of the problem is that doing multiple holds at once from the results list bypasses the limit?
18:19 wizzyrea from anywhere, I think
18:19 wizzyrea hold limits are currently totally broken
18:20 jcamins sekjal: right. And without any sort of global holds limit, there's no way around that.
18:20 sekjal easy:  stop doing holds
18:20 * wizzyrea gives sekjal "the look"
18:20 wizzyrea you know the one.
18:20 wizzyrea ;)
18:23 sekjal I like the second patches' warning message in the OPAC
18:25 sekjal all in all, it seems simpler and more direct.  but it may not do the iterative calculation that the first does
18:25 sekjal in fact, given the warning message, I'm sure it doesn't
18:26 sekjal so, the difference (I think) is whether we let some of the multiple holds go through, or if we say "Hey, too many, go change your selection to less than X"
18:26 sekjal is that what everyone else is seeing?
18:28 SJeffery joined #koha
18:35 cait bug 8206
18:35 wahanui bug 8206 is ready for your sign off.
18:35 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8206 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Add additional search options to authority browser in OPAC
18:36 jcamins Indeed it is. :)
18:36 cait it also applies ;)
18:37 jcamins I would think so.
18:37 jcamins I rebased it just a few minutes ago.
18:38 SJeffery joined #koha
18:38 cait jcamins: hmm
18:38 cait I am looking at the html form
18:38 cait and wonder why we have 2 fields with the same name? not sure if that's intended?
18:39 jcamins cait: we have two fields with the same name still?
18:39 jcamins That was the problem you pointed out to me earlier.
18:39 cait it seems to me
18:39 cait hm?
18:39 jcamins I thought I fixed it.
18:39 cait let me show you my paste
18:39 jcamins With the warnings.
18:39 cait perhaps it's just me getting it wrong
18:39 cait
18:39 cait marclist seems doubled up to me
18:39 jcamins I could have uploaded the wrong patch.
18:40 jcamins Hm.
18:40 cait the see from option is gone
18:40 jcamins It does indeed.
18:40 jcamins Yeah, I'll do that in a follow-up.
18:40 cait k
18:40 * jcamins will fix the marclist issue.
18:40 cait moving on to the other
18:40 jcamins After I finish this commit.
18:40 cait bug 8202
18:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8202 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Add authorities to export tool
18:44 cait oleonard++ for shiny new tabs
18:44 wizzyrea hm, not sure how I feel about this:
18:44 cait hm
18:45 cait maybe with some css tweaking to the right side?
18:45 wizzyrea such as?
18:45 dpavlin cait: I can hear Marijana's voice in my head: "I will have to send e-mail to librarians about this change"
18:45 jcamins cait: attached a new patch.
18:45 cait more room between lines
18:45 cait dpavlin: heh
18:45 wizzyrea yes, we could all do well to hear that voice in our heads now and again
18:45 cait wizzyrea: lots of free space on one side, almost no space on the other
18:46 wizzyrea well I have my window up pretty big.
18:46 SJeffery It kinda looks like someone reworked the left side and then stopped.
18:46 wizzyrea heh.
18:53 wizzyrea the big buttons look dumb on both sides though.
18:53 rangi morning
18:53 wizzyrea imo.
18:54 wizzyrea heya!
18:54 * wizzyrea is impressed you're awake
18:54 rangi 12 hours sleep :)
18:54 wizzyrea good stuff!
18:55 cait sounds like you needed it
18:55 cait good morning rangi :)
18:56 sekjal well, my scholarly retreat time is just about over.  QAQ under 10, as I'd hoped.  I think I can be satisfied with today's work
18:56 rangi yay sekjal
18:56 mle rangi : )
18:57 jcamins Yay!
18:57 jcamins sekjal++
18:57 jcamins Good morning, rangi.
18:57 sekjal I'm going to head back to my office, and get some UMass-related work done before I leave
18:57 sekjal have a great [timeofday], #koha!
18:59 cait hmm
18:59 * wajasu testing building debian packages in my koha dev VM ( using robin's build-git-snapshot)
18:59 cait should I be able to use marcdump less on the exported files?
18:59 cait or does it not work because it's authorities?
18:59 cait Couldn't open less: Died at /usr/share/perl5/MARC/ line 71.
19:00 rangi marcdump file | less
19:00 rangi right?
19:00 cait hmm
19:00 cait I should looked in my wiki
19:01 rangi hey mle :)
19:01 mle ahoy from sunny embrah
19:02 mle its "warm" here, "warm" and "dry"
19:02 rangi heh, the morning i flew out, was the best weather we'd had :)
19:02 mle indeed
19:02 cait yeah
19:02 rangi but i had a window seat so i got a great view
19:02 cait I was all sweaty carrying around all my stuff when I reached waverly :(
19:02 cait but the view was nice
19:04 * drojf drinks innis & gunn rum finish
19:04 rangi i luckily could catch the n22 night bus, which left just around the corner from our hotel
19:04 drojf i have my edinburgh with me, bottled
19:04 rangi the bus system in edinburgh is really quite fantastic
19:05 rangi oooh an awake 3 year old
19:06 * rangi will bbiab
19:07 * mle looks at that pile of video editing
19:07 * mle goes out for another bottle of wine
19:08 cait lol
19:12 trea joined #koha
19:19 jenkins_koha Starting build #55 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:22 cait rangi++ ... of course I had the syntax wrong, my marc files read quite nicely now
19:24 cait jcamins++
19:24 cait amazing auth export :)
19:24 cait works perfectly
19:30 jcamins :)
19:31 cait ... and makes it even easier to get your data out of Koha
19:32 cait I think all the rest can be easily done with reports
19:34 drojf when i use 'koha-create --create-db name'
19:34 drojf i get 'ERROR 1396 (HY000) at line 1: Operation CREATE USER failed for 'name'@'%''on :8080 i then see Unknown database 'koha2' at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 758. and severl more lines of errors. when i then use 'koha-remove name' i get 'ERROR 1396 (HY000) at line 1: Operation DROP USER failed for 'koha_koha2'@'%''
19:34 drojf either i am missing something or there is a problem with the package?!
19:34 cait looks like mysql
19:35 cait are you installing on ubuntu?
19:35 drojf debian
19:35 drojf it should not try to delete a different user than it tried to create?!
19:35 cait sorry, still haven't played with the packages
19:41 nengard left #koha
19:47 rangi definitely not drojf, you should try to catch eythian next time he is around, he is still in your timezone :)
19:47 rangi[…]est-termin%C3%A9e
19:47 rangi
19:50 brylie_ joined #koha
19:55 rangi hi brylie_
19:55 * cait waves
20:01 cait jcamins: aorund?
20:09 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #55: SUCCESS in 50 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.8.x/55/
20:09 jenkins_koha * dpavlin: Bug 7952 - PDF::Reuse under plack writes to console STDOUT instead to browser
20:09 jenkins_koha * dpavlin: Bug 7952 - followup to fix t/Creators.t
20:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7952 normal, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, Pushed to Stable , PDF::Reuse under plack writes to console STDOUT instead to browser
20:13 rangi @wunder nzwn
20:13 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 9.0°C (8:00 AM NZST on June 16, 2012). Conditions: Light Rain Showers. Humidity: 71%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Rising).
20:20 cait hm
20:20 cait not really outdoor weather
20:21 rangi nope, its yuck
20:22 cait indoor activities then?
20:22 rangi yeah, staying inside with the heater on I think
20:23 trea left #koha
20:24 wizzyrea @wunder 66049
20:24 huginn wizzyrea: The current temperature in Lawrence Live-Courtesy of the Khoury's, Lawrence, Kansas is 29.2°C (3:23 PM CDT on June 15, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 53%. Dew Point: 19.0°C. Pressure: 29.91 in 1013 hPa (Steady).
20:24 wizzyrea a bit warm, but gorgeous
20:43 JesseM left #koha
20:45 Soupermanito joined #koha
20:55 wajasu using build-git support,  but get tar: koha-build/labels: Cannot mkdir: No space left on device
20:55 jcamins wajasu: you're out of diskspace.
20:55 wajasu :o
20:57 drojf jcamins: do you still have that 3.6 repo?
20:57 drojf if so, where is it?
21:03 magnuse @wunder boo
21:03 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 8.0°C (10:50 PM CEST on June 15, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 66%. Dew Point: 2.0°C. Windchill: 7.0°C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Steady).
21:03 jcamins drojf: I do.
21:03 magnuse yay!
21:03 jcamins 3.6.x main
21:03 * magnuse wanders off again
21:03 drojf thanks
21:04 jcamins You're welcome.
21:09 stuartyeates joined #koha
21:26 wajasu i changed BUILDPLACE  /var/cache/pbuilder/build  to get it to write to mounted filesystem for space.
21:28 rangi wow its pouring
21:34 cait night all :)
21:34 cait left #koha
21:35 wajasu now with build-git-snapshot  i get      Cannot change ownership to uid 0, gid 0: Permission denied
21:35 wajasu so close
21:36 jcamins wajasu: it should be shelling out to sudo.
21:36 maximep left #koha
21:38 jcamins Alternatively, you are mounting in userspace?
21:38 wajasu even though i run it as my "koha" user.  i am using sshfs, and -o allow_other
21:38 jcamins Yes, that would be the problem.
21:39 jcamins pbuilder uses chroot.
21:39 wajasu so that script must run as root.
21:39 jcamins So you have to either have sshfs remap uid 0 to your koha user (no idea how to do that) or mount via root.
21:39 jcamins No, the script runs as your Koha user.
21:39 jcamins pbuilder must run as root.
21:40 jcamins build-git-snapshot uses sudo to do that.
21:43 wajasu i build the tar.gz, and there is a point where it  untars, but now its trying to untar /var/cache/pbuilder/base.tgz   as koha, and since the chroot failed using fakeroot(i think), its trying to do it in my VM.
21:44 melia left #koha
21:47 jcamins wajasu: you have to do something complicated to get pbuilder to go somewhere other than /var/cache/pbuilder.
21:47 jcamins Plus, pbuilder requires proc.
21:48 Soupermanito left #koha
21:48 gml joined #koha
21:50 gml cait: found error from yesterday
21:50 gml cait: it was[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8135
21:50 huginn Bug 8135: critical, P1 - high, ---, chris, Pushed to Stable , Services Directory and File Missing After Install
21:51 eythian joined #koha
22:02 jcamins @later tell cait Updated patch on bug 8256.
22:02 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
22:08 senator joined #koha
22:31 senator joined #koha
22:31 eythian joined #koha
22:31 brylie_ joined #koha
22:31 drojf joined #koha
22:31 mbalmer joined #koha
22:31 wajasu joined #koha
22:31 thd-away` joined #koha
22:31 wahanui joined #koha
22:31 ibeardslee joined #koha
22:31 bshum joined #koha
22:31 sijobl joined #koha
22:31 cjh joined #koha
22:31 gmcharlt joined #koha
22:31 magnuse joined #koha
22:31 pastebot joined #koha
22:31 jeff joined #koha
22:31 bag joined #koha
22:31 phasefx_ joined #koha
22:31 jcamins_away joined #koha
22:31 mtj joined #koha
22:31 Callender joined #koha
22:31 kylemhall joined #koha
22:31 dpavlin joined #koha
22:31 mglavica joined #koha
22:31 janPasi joined #koha
22:31 lamiette joined #koha
22:31 jenkins_koha joined #koha
22:31 fredericd joined #koha
22:31 slef joined #koha
22:31 liw joined #koha
22:31 mle joined #koha
22:31 clrh joined #koha
22:45 edveal left #koha
23:02 rangi weird being back in the timezone where everyone is asleep again
23:04 jcamins_away Heh.
23:09 drojf :)
23:09 drojf for the record: koha runs on a raspberry pi. slooowly
23:09 jcamins_away drojf++
23:10 wajasu give some stats/benchmark so when folks run it on arm, they can compare.
23:10 cjh drojf: awesome.
23:10 wajasu or is rasberry an arm-based cpu
23:11 davidnind joined #koha
23:11 cjh resberry is an arm based mini computer, kind of :)
23:11 drojf raspberry pi is arm-based
23:11 wajasu coolbeans
23:11 cjh drojf: do you have any notes on the set up you used? (ie web server, distro, etc.)
23:11 cjh rangi: wb :)
23:13 drojf cjh: i tried to document the setup but ran in problems with the deb packages for 3.8 (not pi-related i think). i re-did it with jcamins_away's 3.6 repo. i try to write it down over the weekend. basically i just tweaked apt to use the repo (that has no official arm packages) and used packages.
23:14 eythian drojf: what issues with 3.8 did you have?
23:14 eythian I don't think they should be hugely different
23:14 drojf when did you sneak in?
23:14 drojf ;)
23:14 drojf mom
23:15 eythian oh, a little while ago :)
23:17 jcamins_away eythian: there are a few extra dependencies for 3.8 that will be problems with ARM.
23:17 eythian there are, I'm curious about what they are
23:18 eythian I don't have any non-pure-perl ones built.
23:18 jcamins_away DateTime.
23:19 eythian that's in regular debian, I think
23:19 drojf jcamins_away: i had to get one dependency from the 3.8 repo before i could install 3.6
23:19 jcamins_away eythian: but do they have it in the raspberry pi repo yet?
23:19 jcamins_away It's XS for me.
23:20 drojf for 3.8 all seemed to be there, it was more some problem with koha-create
23:25 wajasu i guess to build-git-snapshot, one needs CHI CHI::Driver::Memcached and Template::Plugin::HtmlToText
23:26 eythian wajasu: yep
23:26 eythian I'm working on packaging those
23:27 wajasu what do you guys change.  the debian/... control files?   or should i wait.   or should I just git clone, and in my branch use v3.08.01 for now.
23:27 eythian wajasu: well, the CHI etc. packages don't exist in Debian squeeze yet
23:27 eythian s/yet//
23:28 eythian so I'm going to create some and put them in the koha repo
23:28 wajasu so i'll set my branch back to v3.08.01
23:29 eythian probably best for now :)
23:30 wajasu for my understanding, will you then add those to the debian/control file as a dependency  on master?
23:30 eythian yeah
23:30 eythian debian/update-control will do that where it can
23:30 eythian (automagically)
23:30 eythian and I have a patch in bugzilla to make it understand the ones that don't exist in debian
23:30 wajasu haven't use that yet.
23:31 eythian it just regenerates the list of dependencies
23:31 eythian and writes them into debian/control
23:33 wajasu i did pbuilder create --othermirror 'deb squeeze main' --mirror
23:33 wajasu should i be putting squeeze and main after the mirror?
23:34 eythian I don't
23:34 wajasu and what does squeeze-dev give me over squeeze?
23:34 eythian I tend to build against unstable actually, it gives me forewarning of packages going away.
23:34 eythian squeeze-dev tracks master
23:34 eythian squeeze tracks current stable
23:35 wajasu ok.  so for patches against the latest release, I'm ok.
23:35 eythian yeah
23:35 eythian I think (aside from changelog changes) the squeeze packages are exactly 3.8
23:36 eythian by the end of the cycle they tend to diverge slightly with package-specific changes, but they always go into upstream master
23:37 wajasu so when do you think you will have those new deps available?  i can work on something else until those are ready.
23:37 eythian Not sure, hopefully early in the week
23:37 drojf jcamins_away: i think the dependency i had to get from the 3.8 repo to install 3.6 was libcgi-session-driver-memcached-perl
23:38 eythian drojf: that should also be in the 3.6 repo, fwiw
23:38 eythian (though the 3.6 repo isn't really quite official yet)
23:38 wajasu thx
23:39 drojf wasn't there for me ;)
23:40 eythian hmm curious
23:40 eythian will double check that some time
23:40 eythian drojf: you were using "oldstable"?
23:42 drojf i used deb dists/3.6.x/main/binary-i386/
23:42 drojf it may or may not be relevant that i changed the path so i get no complains about missing arm packages
23:43 drojf or what di you mean by oldstable?
23:43 drojf do
23:44 eythian oh, I'm adding 3.6 to the k-c repo, so there'll be an "oldstable" distrib on it.
23:44 eythian it's there now, just have one or two things still to add to it
23:44 drojf ah, ok
23:45 tcohen joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary