IRC log for #koha, 2012-02-08

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 luisb joined #koha
00:04 luisb left #koha
00:04 luisb joined #koha
00:06 Jeeeeoooy left #koha
00:16 Albertus is now known as albertus_magnus_away
00:22 lculber joined #koha
00:23 lculber We have a serious problem with our production server 3.4. We tried to reindex using zebra -b -x -r -v (lots of long records which is why we use xml) and we get nothing.
00:23 lculber never any problem before
00:24 lculber A search of the database shows all of the bibliorecords are there.
00:25 eythian what do you mean by "get nothing"?
00:25 lculber A search for keywords "test" gets no results. A search for Mississippi which should give thousands gives nothing. and so on
00:26 lculber No results in the searches
00:26 lculber Using -v made everything look fine. There were no signs of trouble.
00:28 lculber We get "no results found"
00:30 lculber We've run the rebuild_zebra twice and are about to run it again our of pure desperation
00:31 lculber our/out
00:36 jcamins_away stadf
00:37 jcamins_away staff client too?
00:37 lculber Yes, both the staff client and the opac
00:38 lculber All types of searches
00:38 eythian lculber: what happens when you run rebuild_zebra? does it do anything?
00:38 eythian does it stop with an error?
00:39 jcamins_away rrestart  zebrasrv
00:39 lculber Zebra runs wilth with no errors.  We were using -v and it runs looking normal
00:39 eythian and is zebrasrv running?
00:39 eythian (either way, restart it)
00:40 lculber We  tried starting zebrasrv just before restarting this last rebuild
00:40 jcamins_away house open. time for show
00:40 eythian did you check that it is running? permission errors can prevent it from starting sometimes.
00:41 lculber zebrasrv was running, but we restarted it, right before restarting rebuilding the index for the third time
00:42 eythian run it manually in the foreground and it'll tell you what queries it's getting from Koha when you search.
00:42 lculber It is running slower and taking a lot longer this time. I had worried about it running so fast the last too times.
00:42 lculber too/two
00:43 lculber eythian: How do I run it in the foreround to see the queries?
00:44 lculber sorry, I'm getting tired,  I meant foreground.  How do I run zebrasrv in the foreground?
00:45 eythian have a look at the script you're using to launch it, and do the same thing it does, except don't redirect the output elsewhere.
00:45 eythian and add '-v all'
00:45 lculber Okay, Right. Makes sense
00:48 edveal joined #koha
00:50 liw left #koha
00:50 dpavlin_ left #koha
00:50 fredericd left #koha
00:50 drojf1 left #koha
00:50 jenkins_koha left #koha
00:50 Space_Librarian left #koha
00:50 clrh left #koha
00:50 slef left #koha
00:51 Space_Librarian joined #koha
00:51 drojf1 joined #koha
00:51 liw joined #koha
00:51 clrh joined #koha
00:51 dpavlin_ joined #koha
00:51 fredericd joined #koha
00:51 jenkins_koha joined #koha
00:51 slef joined #koha
00:56 lculber We finished the reindexing after restarting zebrasrv and still have no results for searches in either the opac or staff
01:02 eythian what happened when you ran zebrasrv in the foreground so you could see what it was doing?
01:03 oleonard joined #koha
01:04 oleonard left #koha
01:06 lculber We can't zebrasrv to run in the foreground. It says failed to listen
01:14 melia left #koha
01:18 lculber Okay we got zebrasrv to run in the foreground. One of the things it says is result set not immediately available
01:19 lculber Another is search bilbios error 109
01:20 eythian does it say anything about why? Although you've pretty much reached the end of my zebra knowledge.
01:24 slef replace the ZEBRAOPTIONS="-v none,fatal,warn" with ZEBRAOPTIONS="-v all" in the or /etc/init.d/koha-zebra-daemon and restart it, then look at the log files, but remember to put them back afterwards
01:24 lculber We don't really see any errors. It just says returning no log bits for search sets
01:25 slef now I'm really asleep else I'll fall asleep in tomorrow's meeting
01:26 lculber slef:  Should we do that and then reindex?
01:26 lculber Or just do that and then search?
01:26 eythian I think you've reindexed enough for now. If it was going to help, it would have done so.
01:26 lculber Okay
01:27 eythian I's suggest putting the whole output from zebrasrv into paste and seeing if anyone spots something.
01:28 cul_away left #koha
01:30 eythian anyone know why amazon reviews won't be showing up in the OPAC?
01:34 libsysguy joined #koha
01:35 pastebot "lculber" at pasted "zebrasrv" (58 lines) at
01:36 libsysguy @later tell jcamins hit me up when you get a chance I have a question about your linker patch
01:36 huginn` libsysguy: The operation succeeded.
01:37 lculber Looks like the error is Search biblios ERROR 109 1 1+0 RPN @attrset Bib-1 @not @attr 1=1016 @attr 4=6 test @attr 1=9011 1
01:37 lculber whatever that means
01:40 eythian lculber: it seems to be a not unknown problem, but I can't find a real solution for it.
01:41 eythian maybe re-initialise your zebra index from scratch.
01:41 eythian (I'm not sure how to do that, it might be as simple as deleting it and doing a reindex, but I'm not sure)
01:48 luisb left #koha
01:50 jwagner joined #koha
01:51 lculber eythian:  we are redoing the index again with the -r option yet again - this is for the fourth time. Hopefully, this time it will work. The zebrasrv isn't showing anything
01:52 thd-away` is now known as thd
01:53 eythian I don't think just doing a rebuild is likely to help if it didn't the previous three times. It's not a magical solution, unfortuntately.
01:53 pt joined #koha
01:54 lculber We could use some magic.
01:54 lculber I've been at work 13 hours and counting.
01:56 Brooke joined #koha
01:56 Brooke howdy
01:56 wahanui hi, Brooke
01:57 eythian I think what you should do is to reinitialise the whole zebra database from scratch. Rebuild doesn't do that.
01:57 eythian But you'll have to find someone who knows how, I don't.
01:57 Space_Librarian o/ Brooke
01:57 * Brooke hugs space_librarian
01:58 * Space_Librarian hugs Brooke :)
01:58 lculber Who knows how to reinitialise the whole zebra database from scratch without rebuilding the database?
01:59 RA joined #koha
02:01 eythian[…]ndex-start-again/ <-- lculber, the bit after "if this doesn't work" is what I was thinking.
02:01 pt left #koha
02:01 Brooke #startmeeting
02:01 huginn` Meeting started Wed Feb  8 02:00:14 2012 UTC.  The chair is Brooke. Information about MeetBot at
02:01 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
02:01 Brooke #topic Welcome
02:01 Topic for #koha is now Welcome
02:01 Brooke please introduce yourselves using #info
02:02 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
02:02 jwagner #info Jane Wagner LibLime/PTFS
02:02 Space_Librarian #info Shelley Gurney, NZICA, Wellington
02:02 eythian #info Robin Sheat, Catalyst IT, Wellington
02:03 RA #info rafael antonio, Portugal
02:03 paul_p joined #koha
02:03 paul_p hello #koha
02:04 Topic for #koha is now #Announcements
02:04 Brooke Anything to announce?
02:05 paul_p #info paul P, current Release Manager, BibLibre, France
02:05 Topic for #koha is now Roadmap to 3.4
02:05 Brooke 3.4 news anyone?
02:06 paul_p chris_n not here, I fear there won't be any
02:06 Topic for #koha is now Roadmap to 3.6
02:06 Brooke prolly the same thing but who knows
02:07 Brooke #info if you have stuff that you missed mentioning for 3.4 or 3.6 send it to the list or stick it in the newsletter or on the wiki
02:07 Topic for #koha is now Roadmap to 3.8
02:07 paul_p this one is for me probably...
02:08 Brooke yep
02:08 paul_p still trying to finish opening my eyes...
02:08 paul_p well, as usual, I made a gave all infos on my RM newsletter.
02:09 paul_p I sent a request for testing sandboxes on koha-devel a few days ago, and got no feedback
02:09 Brooke perhaps try duplicating that to the main list
02:09 Brooke I was going to suggest that for your Patch Discussion as well
02:10 paul_p I'd really liked to have feedback before deploying the sandboxes on the 10 servers.
02:10 Brooke #help test out the sandboxes
02:11 paul_p oleonard tested once, I know wizzyrea gave a try as well (but she didn't send me any feedback)
02:11 paul_p I'm really hoping it will help having more tester. I'm even thinking about organizing some training session for french libraries about that.
02:12 paul_p (ie : what's the workflow, how it works, how to use sandboxes)
02:12 thd If I would have time in a fully awake state, I would be happy to test and give some feedback.
02:12 paul_p to attract more ppl
02:12 paul_p thd don't hesitate ;-)
02:12 thd paul_p: If you can buy me some sleep I will have more.
02:12 oleonard joined #koha
02:13 * oleonard apologizes for his lateness
02:13 paul_p hi oleonard
02:13 thd I like Brooke's idea of asking on the main list where more people are giving attention.
02:13 RA I will be interested to participate on testing
02:13 Brooke RA++
02:14 Brooke anything else for 3.8?
02:14 paul_p Brooke RA ???
02:15 paul_p ah, OK sorry
02:15 Brooke he said he'd test. This is good :)
02:15 paul_p hi RA, I don't remember speaking with you here before
02:15 albertus_magnus_away is now known as ago43
02:15 RA Paul can i send you my email? We live in europe so we are very near...
02:15 paul_p well about 3.8 nothing more I think
02:15 paul_p RA of course you can
02:16 Topic for #koha is now #kohacon2012
02:16 RA Rafael.antonio at
02:16 Brooke K
02:16 paul_p RA = Rafael, PT, (seenn in the minutes)
02:16 Brooke Slef is asleep
02:16 Brooke but
02:16 Brooke #info Conference Tue 5 June 2012 to Thu 7th, Hackfest Sat 9th June-Mon 11th June
02:16 Brooke Deposit has been placed for the venue.
02:16 Brooke hooray :D
02:17 Brooke uhh looks like he wants us to spread the word
02:17 Brooke so I'd say
02:17 Brooke[…]n12_Announcements
02:17 Brooke look there and either edit or just plain gossip :)
02:17 paul_p (what does it mean -the frenchy don't understand- ?)
02:17 Brooke preferably if you send it out mark it with (I already bugged these people ; date )
02:17 paul_p (Deposit has been placed for the venue)
02:18 Brooke it means we have a place to go :)
02:18 Brooke d'argent has been le paid :)
02:18 Brooke or at least some
02:18 Space_Librarian :)
02:18 paul_p OK, got it
02:18 * oleonard groans
02:18 Brooke msg slef your email address to join the volunteers mailing list and he'll get back to you before the end of the week.
02:18 paul_p (and in fact I understood, but thought I hadn't)
02:18 thd paul_p: non-refundable payment as security against changing one's mind.
02:19 Brooke so I'ma say questions to slef.
02:19 Topic for #koha is now Patch Status Discussion
02:19 paul_p this one is for me too ;-)
02:20 paul_p We've recently added a "in discussion" bug status
02:20 lculber left #koha
02:20 paul_p so me must organize how to deal with "in discussion" to avoid having bugs staying in discussion but no discussion...
02:20 paul_p I made a proposal on the wiki agenda
02:21 paul_p have a wiki page "in discussion" pointing to all pending discussion. announce all discussion to koha-devel
02:21 paul_p each discussion will have a timeline for everyone to argue (2 weeks ? maybe depending on the complexity of the discussion, but should never be more than 1 month)
02:21 paul_p at the end of the timeline, if no clear agreement reached on the wiki discussion, open a vote, that would be made on the wiki page, announced on koha-devel mailing list, open for one week
02:21 paul_p depending on the result of the vote, change the status of the bug to "exit" in discussion
02:21 Irma joined #koha
02:21 paul_p there are something like 10 discussions to start already
02:21 Brooke okay
02:22 Brooke so
02:22 Brooke first thing
02:22 paul_p I'm OK to write the wiki page explaining the problems
02:22 RA Sorry but i am quiting. Bye
02:22 paul_p bye RA. sweet dreams
02:22 Brooke I'd like a wiki page to be called summat better than "In discussion" cause that's not terribly descriptive
02:22 * oleonard thinks the term "summat" is confusing to English and non-English speakers alike
02:23 Brooke this is true
02:23 RA left #koha
02:23 Brooke I'm thinking "Bug and Enhancement Discussion" Is that amenable?
02:23 paul_p Brooke of course. Your english is rumored to be better than mine
02:24 Brooke then we can have subcategories for bugs and enhancements
02:24 Brooke perhaps further subdivided by severity
02:24 Brooke so that folks get to talking about stuff that's more important first
02:24 Brooke it's just a rumour, paul
02:24 Brooke I think you're prolly easier to understand than me at most times
02:25 paul_p I was thinking that this page would be an entry, listing all discussions. This listing would, you're right have a column "severity"
02:25 paul_p Brooke not false ;-)
02:25 Brooke k
02:25 thd paul_p: Is discussion not useful for all bugs?  What is the special distinction which you are proposing?
02:25 jransom joined #koha
02:25 oleonard Not all bugs raise issues which don't have a clear consensus
02:26 Brooke I agree owen
02:26 paul_p thd : look at 7387, 7248 and 6193
02:26 jransom Apologies for lateness (Jo Ransom - HLT)
02:26 Brooke you wouldn't want to go discussing history.txt changes, yes?
02:26 paul_p they try to add caching, with different methods, and introduce some change over existing caching
02:27 paul_p what do we want to do ? we need to be consistent, so this must be discussed
02:27 paul_p then a decision, then we all know where we're going
02:28 Brooke I don't think we've fleshed this out quite enough for a vote just yet
02:28 Brooke I think the wiki component is done, but I could be wrong
02:28 oleonard I worry that a wiki page will not get noticed. Is a thread on the devel list not more amenable to discussions?
02:28 paul_p bug 7075 is a little bit different = seems it can't be reproduced anymore. Maybe it's not worth discussing a lot for this one. but it will at least highlight the problem
02:28 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7075 trivial, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, chris, In Discussion , Fine in days values are returned for patrons with past overdues when fine in days is set to 0
02:28 paul_p oleonard in y proposition, there will be both
02:28 Brooke there's going to be a thread on devel according to the proposal
02:28 paul_p do a page / send a mail to koha-devel
02:28 Brooke but I'd add the main list
02:29 Brooke I want to avoid programming in a vacuum at all costs.
02:29 SpaceLibrarian joined #koha
02:29 Space_Librarian left #koha
02:29 paul_p Brooke agreed for some discussions, but I feel that sometimes it would just confuse
02:29 paul_p for example, the "how to manage caching" discussion is a technical one
02:29 Brooke I think the folks that are confused would either not take part or perhaps might learn summat
02:30 oleonard I think already folks on the Koha list thing it's too technically-oriented
02:30 oleonard ...hence calls for a separate user list
02:31 paul_p I won't argue a lot against the idea to send mail to koha main list if you think it's a good idea.
02:31 Brooke I think it's worth it for a lot of the things that would change functionality
02:32 paul_p maybe there should be a specific title header, like [DISCUSSION TECH] or [DISCUSSION FEATURE]
02:32 paul_p Brooke definetly !
02:32 Brooke that would probably help folks sort their mail and hit their delete keys sooner :)
02:32 Brooke okay so timelines
02:32 Brooke we have meetings monthly
02:33 Brooke but you want this to be a 2 week span
02:33 Brooke also, GBSD is theoretically monthly too, yes?
02:33 thd paul_p: Librarians should probably be alerted where library science issues are at stake but those questions are generally different from what I think you are intending.
02:33 SpaceLibrarian agree with thd
02:33 paul_p thd probably
02:34 paul_p Brooke would you suggest something like : "open the discussion until next IRC -but no less than 1 week- and validate the decision here" ?
02:34 thd paul_p: Nothing should ever preclude subsequent discussion after some time period if there is a serious issue to be discussed.
02:35 paul_p (validate or vote)
02:35 Brooke #idea discussion mails will be flagged [Discussion Tech] [Discussion Feature] so folks that don't wish to follow a thread can easily delete
02:35 libsysguy left #koha
02:35 Brooke I think we need to separate that a bit
02:35 paul_p #idea discussion mails will be sent to both koha-devel and koha main mailing list
02:36 Brooke is there anyone here that thinks discussion should last LESS than a week?
02:36 thd Brooke: Your flagging idea is even better for alerting people to pay attention as opposed to ignoring.
02:36 Brooke not my idea, pauls :D
02:36 thd :0
02:36 Brooke going once
02:36 paul_p my main concern is to have everybody able to say what they think, not everybody is at the IRC meeting
02:36 Brooke going twice
02:37 Brooke I agree paul
02:37 Brooke going gone
02:37 paul_p Brooke sometimes the discussion will quickly reach an agreement
02:37 Brooke one hopes
02:37 SpaceLibrarian indeed
02:37 paul_p but less than a week seems really short
02:37 Brooke right
02:37 Brooke which everyone agreed with
02:37 thd the 2 UTC hour seems about the worst for IRC participation.
02:38 paul_p seems...
02:38 SpaceLibrarian possibly because a good chunk from our side are actually in the middle of a library conference this time.
02:38 Brooke seems that Kiwis make their plum time
02:38 eythian Yeah, everyone's at Vala
02:38 Brooke anyhow
02:39 paul_p Brooke also seems that rangi & bob/irma are at a conf
02:39 oleonard No excuses for the Americans :P
02:39 Brooke moving to vote
02:39 Brooke question will be
02:39 Brooke Discussion will be opened over the listserv and closed at the IRC meeting but never less than a week's time for input
02:40 Brooke all in favour +1
02:40 Brooke if that doesn't make sense, say so and I'll try a rephrase
02:40 oleonard +1
02:40 paul_p +1
02:40 SpaceLibrarian +1
02:40 thd Brooke: Discussion of what?
02:41 thd Brooke: I am confused about the question being put to a vote.
02:41 Brooke Bugs and Patchs as per paul's prior discussion
02:41 Brooke patches even
02:42 thd +1
02:42 Brooke okay
02:42 Brooke hopefully this will work
02:42 Brooke it carries
02:42 Topic for #koha is now GBSD
02:42 Brooke hey, guess what
02:42 Brooke it's global bug squashing day
02:43 Brooke :)
02:43 paul_p the pile of bugs pending QA has grown to 14 today. It was something like 8 yesterday.
02:43 Brooke I think we've got a lot done thanks to that
02:43 paul_p the pile of "need signoff" has moved from 94 to 66
02:44 Brooke hooray
02:44 oleonard[…]bug_squashing_day
02:44 Brooke #info thanks bug squashers :D
02:44 paul_p #info more bug testers needed
02:45 paul_p really.
02:45 Topic for #koha is now Actions from Last Meeting
02:45 paul_p cait noticed a few days ago that some bugs stay "need signoff" probably because they are hard to test.
02:45 Brooke Did we need to review anything from last meeting?
02:45 edveal left #koha
02:46 paul_p she said something like "easy or small bugs are usually fast to be signed off, but hardest ones are not"
02:46 paul_p (still on previous topic)
02:46 Brooke it's a sticky problem
02:46 paul_p agreed
02:46 Brooke just like attracting people that are not professional developers associated with the project is
02:47 Brooke if we could work on either
02:47 Brooke it'd be a damn fine day
02:47 Topic for #koha is now Miscellaneous
02:47 Brooke any other stuff?
02:47 thd paul_p: What we do not want and apparently do not have for these is people signing off without really taking the time to test properly.
02:48 paul_p thd ???
02:48 wahanui thd is concerned that CCL, Pazpar2, and Zebra support should not be an either that or Solr/Lucene option.  We need CCL and Pazpar2 for metasearch and we currently need Zebra for a Z39.50/SRU server. or concerned that indentation styles which do not collapse in vim lead to overly long lines which cannot always be broken across multiple lines.
02:48 thd old news wahanui
02:48 paul_p (well, I think I understand and agree)
02:49 thd paul_p: Send reminders about testing patches to the mailing list with catchy subject lines.
02:50 Brooke which was settled earlier under the discussion tag thing :)
02:50 thd :)
02:50 Topic for #koha is now Time of Next Meeting
02:50 paul_p that could be a good plan with sandboxes = it will be easier to do. will do that frequently, thx thd
02:50 Brooke I'm suggesting 14 March 18.00 UTC
02:51 Brooke good? +1
02:51 paul_p -1
02:51 thd [Test this bug for the great warm bug tester glow]
02:51 Brooke problem with the day paul?
02:51 paul_p could it be the next week ? because it's the hackfest in europe
02:51 Brooke ah crap
02:51 Brooke of course
02:52 edveal joined #koha
02:52 paul_p 21th could be fun = we could stay and have dinner while IRCing
02:52 Brooke 21 March 18.00 UTC
02:52 paul_p (will be 7PM for us)
02:52 thd +1
02:52 paul_p +1
02:52 jwagner Why the move away from the first week in March?
02:52 Brooke cause I'm going to the opera
02:53 paul_p lol (be it true or not ;-) )
02:53 Brooke if someone else wants to chair, fine by me
02:53 jwagner For the entire week?
02:53 thd jwagner: A fine reason.
02:53 thd jwagner: I think that the issue is also that Wednesday is favoured.
02:53 Brooke do you have an issue with 21 March jane?
02:54 paul_p wed++ for me
02:54 jwagner Just wondering -- the meeting is normally first week, and this will be a six-week gap
02:54 thd s/Wednesday/Wednesday UTC/  # actual day varies with time zone
02:54 Brooke might be a good thing
02:55 Brooke any other feedback?
02:55 oleonard 21st is fine with me
02:55 thd jwagner: People might have to actually use the mailing list and non-meeting IRC a bit more to communicate during the interval :)
02:55 Brooke #agreed Next meeting 21 March 18.00 UTC
02:55 Brooke #endmeeting
02:55 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.6.3 & 3.4.8 & 3.2.11 are now available ; Next General IRC Meeting 8 February at 2:00 UTC+0 | |
02:55 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Feb  8 02:54:44 2012 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
02:55 huginn` Minutes:[…]-02-08-02.00.html
02:55 huginn` Minutes (text):[…]2-02-08-02.00.txt
02:55 huginn` Log:  […]08-02.00.log.html
02:56 oleonard That meeting was...shall we say...intimate in scale.
02:56 paul_p yeah ! thx for this short meeting. Going to bed again !
02:56 oleonard Thanks for being here paul_p
02:56 Brooke the kiwi ones generally are
02:56 Brooke but I <3 them any way :)
02:56 Brooke also less than an hour is a happy thing
02:56 paul_p oleonard yep, was intimate and efficient.
02:57 paul_p is the later because of the former ?
02:57 Brooke mebbe
02:57 Brooke but there wasn't anything on the agenda that was cagematchy
02:57 Brooke which helps
02:57 paul_p I think it's also because we hadn't too many decisions to discuss
02:57 Brooke Aedunno, I think your patch thing was substantive
02:57 paul_p I think we should not *start* discussions during the IRC. We should *close* them
02:57 thd oleonard: This hour generally guarantees shorter meetings but unfortunately also less participation.
02:58 Brooke I'm fine with them starting and closing
02:58 lculber joined #koha
02:58 Brooke I'm not fine with never voting
02:58 Brooke which I think I'm dragging people into kicking and screaming
02:58 Brooke I'd rather know that no one likes summat than not know where anyone is
02:58 lculber Is there anyone still up who knows how to reinitialise the whole zebra database from scratch without rebuilding the database?
02:58 paul_p at BibLibre, clrh help us using timeboxing
02:59 lculber We've reindexed 5 times now
02:59 paul_p that was new to me, and I see it's really efficient.
02:59 Brooke paul is that a trick you kow?
02:59 paul_p Brooke ?
02:59 wahanui I'M TAKING THE PISS OUT OF 'EM. or a ratbag.
02:59 Brooke heh
02:59 Brooke can you help linda?
03:00 paul_p not now, i want my bed again ...
03:00 paul_p bye #koha (4AM for me)
03:00 oleonard Yes, let paul_p go to bed!
03:00 lculber Yeah, me too. I've been at work 15 hours now.
03:00 Brooke mebbe mail paul and he'll get back to ye
03:00 eythian lculber: what happened when you tried the info in that link I sent you?
03:00 thd paul_p: I think what Brooke had meant to ask is whether there is a timeboxing trick we could use more generally.
03:00 Brooke no that's not what I meant thd
03:00 thd never mind
03:01 Brooke the meeting time is always going to favour one section of the globe
03:01 Brooke the only equitable thing to do is rotate the time
03:01 oleonard lculber, you'll certainly be able to get advice tomorrow
03:01 * oleonard is zebra-ignorant
03:01 lculber We've still been working on it. What we've come up with is copying over from last night, and losing today.  That's the best we can do
03:01 Brooke I still don't mind the kiwi plum time because it's very seldom that we don't get lots of kiwis at their time
03:01 thd Brooke: what had you meant?
03:01 Brooke I had meant that Paul should help Linda XD
03:02 thd I took those as separate
03:02 eythian lculber: what did you do that caused it to start happening?
03:03 oleonard See you in 10 hours #koha
03:03 oleonard left #koha
03:04 jwagner left #koha
03:04 lculber We had made a change to the index in the test database that worked, Then did in another instance, and it worked, and then did the exact same thing in this one, and boom!!
03:05 thd perhaps eythian will help.  Zebra indexing seems a little too much like a black box for which an expedient method of killing phantom records from a previous indexing run is a mystery too me.
03:05 thd s/too/to/
03:05 eythian lculber: what change did you make?
03:06 lculber It was to make the call number index.  Kyle had shown us how to do it and it worked on the test server and in two instances on the production server.
03:06 thd s/to/too/ ; s/too me/to me/ ;
03:06 libsysguy joined #koha
03:06 eythian you didn't happen to make an error when making the change on the third?
03:06 SpaceLibrarian left #koha
03:07 lculber I ran a diff and it showed nothing. And, since I'm paranoid, I had made a backup and changed it back. It didn't help.  Still broken.
03:07 libsysguy seen bag
03:07 wahanui bag was last seen on #koha 9 hours, 37 minutes and 36 seconds ago, saying: bug 7458 [Tue Feb  7 17:28:48 2012]
03:07 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7458 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, srdjan, Needs Signoff , New call number allocation plugin
03:07 bag hey
03:07 libsysguy sup
03:07 bag wassup
03:08 libsysguy nm just working on some koha patches for my class project
03:08 libsysguy wondering if you still wanted my code for hourly
03:08 eythian lculber: did you try the thing in the link I sent?
03:09 paul_p left #koha
03:09 lculber Yes.  I've tried that, and pasted the error to the irc but it was right before the meeting.
03:10 eythian the only thing before the meeting was me sending you that link :)
03:11 Brooke thanks for coming back again after the meeting :)
03:11 lculber Right. And we ran that which you sent during the meeting - twice.
03:11 ago43 left #koha
03:11 lculber I actually lurked during the meeting.
03:12 eythian can you send the output from the last rebuild_zebra?
03:12 eythian (using paste)
03:13 pastebot "lculber" at pasted "output from index" (40 lines) at
03:14 eythian uhm that's fishy
03:14 eythian it shouldn't take <1 second to process 100,000 records.
03:14 lculber What we discovered was that it wasn't writing to the the zebradb at all and the permissions are fine. So we copied over from another instance that has the same data
03:15 lculber Well - not the same data - we are missing today
03:15 eythian does /etc/catalog/zebradb/zebra-biblios.cfg exist?
03:15 eythian that's an unusal path
03:16 lculber let me check
03:16 eythian and, if so, does it match what's on the machines that worked?
03:16 lculber what we found was that running rebuild -b -r  empties it out but doen't rebuild it.
03:17 eythian hmm
03:17 lculber The match is a day off.  The machine that is broken is the machine that the catalogers add to.
03:17 eythian well, it's more a case of "does the file exist"?
03:18 * thd must eat
03:18 lculber yes I see /etc/catalog/zebradb/zebra-biblios.cfg
03:18 Brooke left #koha
03:18 thd is now known as thd-away
03:19 lculber and it is owned by koha
03:20 eythian OK
03:21 eythian something has changed recently that seems to cause a reindex to not put out as much information as it should, previously it gave a summary of what it had done.
03:21 eythian THis change makes things harder to fix.
03:22 lculber The only thing different in the cfg files is the name of the instance name
03:22 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
03:23 Amit_Gupta heya bag
03:23 bag hey Amit_Gupta
03:25 eythian lculber: I'm kinda stumped really. It's tedious and tricky, but you could try doing the reindexing part by hand to see what's happening. Turning all the debug options you can find on.
03:25 Amit_Gupta heya Robin
03:25 eythian hi there Amit_Gupta
03:27 lculber We're giving up for tonight and going to try again tomorrow.  We think something happened today that we need to figure out and need some sleep. Thanks all.
03:28 lculber left #koha
03:31 cjh left #koha
03:35 cjh joined #koha
03:40 BobB joined #koha
03:42 BobB @seen mtj
03:42 huginn` BobB: mtj was last seen in #koha 6 hours, 12 minutes, and 18 seconds ago: * mtj waves to all
03:44 eythian wahanui: amazon reviews
03:44 wahanui eythian: excuse me?
03:44 eythian wahanui: amazon reviews is <reply>they won't work until bug 5568 is fixed
03:44 wahanui OK, eythian.
03:44 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5568 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Upgrade Amazon module to support Product Advertising API
03:50 Amit_Gupta @seen Amit_gupta
03:50 huginn` Amit_Gupta: Amit_gupta was last seen in #koha 24 minutes and 39 seconds ago: <Amit_Gupta> heya Robin
03:50 Amit_Gupta @seen mtj
03:50 huginn` Amit_Gupta: mtj was last seen in #koha 6 hours, 19 minutes, and 46 seconds ago: * mtj waves to all
04:11 BobB_ joined #koha
04:11 BobB left #koha
04:15 libsysguy anybody have a good idea of how receiving a new shipment works?
04:16 libsysguy I am trying to add some fields and it just occurred to me that I have no idea how it actually functions
04:16 jransom left #koha
04:44 Irma left #koha
04:50 BobB_ left #koha
05:01 Amit_Gupta left #koha
05:02 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
05:18 cait joined #koha
05:33 libsysguy hi cait
05:33 libsysguy i just saw your comment
05:34 cait :)
05:34 libsysguy I was reading through that bug report
05:34 cait I wanted to test it
05:34 cait but had no time yet
05:34 libsysguy is that ready to go or is it still waiting on table modifications
05:34 cait it sure looks very interesting
05:34 libsysguy I am not very familiar with that section of Koha
05:34 cait the table name is only a small bit, it waits still for testing mostly
05:35 cait but I think having a separate table is a good idea
05:35 libsysguy ok
05:35 libsysguy I was actaully almost done with the bug that I submitted
05:35 cait paul_p asked me to test the functionality but I had no time, so he suggested to move to in discussion for the table name
05:35 cait yeah I thought so
05:35 cait that's why you should file the bug first ;)
05:35 libsysguy lol yeah you know I work quick :p
05:36 libsysguy oh I did
05:36 cait and search bugzilla
05:36 libsysguy i filed then started working
05:36 cait alll I did was a search for invoices
05:36 libsysguy yeah…I didn't think to look for parcel
05:37 libsysguy i did a search for shipment date and invoice date
05:37 libsysguy I should probably just get better at searching for bugs
05:37 libsysguy :-\
05:37 cait broader terms are better in my experiecne :(
05:37 libsysguy its ok…what i've done didn't take much time
05:37 cait bugzilla is not really like koha
05:37 cait in terms of search *sigh*
05:37 cait I knew it was there
05:38 libsysguy i can just revert my work
05:39 libsysguy ill keep an eye on that bug so I can see when it gets pushed
05:39 libsysguy I just have to have this patch done for a project in one of my classes
05:39 cait oh
05:39 cait not sure it has both dates you wanted
05:39 cait you could test and perhaps built on it
05:39 libsysguy yeah that is what I was thinking about
05:40 libsysguy and just adding bug 5339 as a block
05:40 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5339 enhancement, P3, ---, julian.maurice, In Discussion , Parcel closing in acq
05:42 libsysguy ok guys im out for the night…gnight #Koha
05:42 libsysguy left #koha
05:48 Amit_Gupta left #koha
05:49 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
05:57 cait @wunder Konstanz
05:57 huginn` cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is -10.2�C (6:54 AM CET on February 08, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 80%. Dew Point: -13.0�C. Windchill: -15.0�C. Pressure: 30.47 in 1031.7 hPa (Rising).
06:03 Amit_Gupta @wunder Bangalore
06:03 huginn` Amit_Gupta: The current temperature in Bangalore, India is 19.0�C (8:30 AM IST on February 08, 2012). Conditions: Haze. Humidity: 86%. Dew Point: 17.0�C.
06:03 Amit_Gupta heya cait :)
06:04 Amit_Gupta @wunder Dehradun
06:04 huginn` Amit_Gupta: The current temperature in Dehradun, India is 10.0�C (8:30 AM IST on February 08, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 9.0�C. Pressure: 29.91 in 1013 hPa.
06:04 Amit_Gupta @wunder New Delhi
06:04 huginn` Amit_Gupta: The current temperature in New Delhi, India is 14.0�C (10:30 AM IST on February 08, 2012). Conditions: Haze. Humidity: 38%. Dew Point: 0.0�C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
06:18 edveal left #koha
07:02 laurence joined #koha
07:05 Guillaume joined #koha
07:13 hdl joined #koha
07:22 hdl left #koha
07:22 hdl joined #koha
07:27 luisb joined #koha
07:27 Amit_Gupta left #koha
07:29 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
07:29 luisb left #koha
07:30 luisb joined #koha
07:38 alex_a hello
07:38 wahanui privet, alex_a
07:38 alex_a privet, wahanui
07:38 wahanui alex_a: huh?
07:38 reiveune joined #koha
07:38 reiveune hello
07:38 wahanui hello, reiveune
07:43 sophie_m joined #koha
07:44 cait hi alex_a and reiveune :)
07:44 cait brb
07:44 cait left #koha
07:46 sophie_m hello #koha
07:50 sheikh303 joined #koha
07:50 julian_m joined #koha
07:51 sheikh303 need a good tutorial on System Preferences configuration of koha!!
07:52 julian_m hello
07:52 wahanui salut, julian_m
07:53 Suzzane joined #koha
07:53 Amit_Gupta left #koha
07:55 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
07:57 mbalmer joined #koha
07:58 mbalmer left #koha
07:58 mbalmer joined #koha
07:58 Suzzane Hi everyone
07:59 Suzzane am trying to configure the systems preferences and am stuck at OPAC
07:59 Suzzane it looks so technical
07:59 Suzzane kindly advice
08:00 Guillaume left #koha
08:02 Suzzane anybody home.....
08:04 asaurat joined #koha
08:05 Amit_Gupta heya Suzzane, asaurat
08:05 asaurat hi!!
08:06 francharb joined #koha
08:09 francharb morning #koha
08:09 Suzzane Hi Amit...
08:10 Suzzane kindly advice on my above stated issue
08:11 sheikh303 need the same assistance here too!!
08:11 Suzzane somebody,
08:14 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:14 gaetan_B hello #koha!
08:38 paul_p joined #koha
08:38 luisb_ joined #koha
08:39 Suzzane hi Paul
08:42 Amit_Gupta heya gaten_B
08:46 luisb left #koha
08:46 luisb_ is now known as luisb
08:54 sheikh303 left #koha
08:55 paul_p left #koha
09:15 kf joined #koha
09:15 kf good morning #koha
09:18 sheikh303 joined #koha
09:22 sheikh303 left #koha
09:22 drojf1 good day #koha
09:23 drojf1 moin kf :)
09:23 drojf1 seems we missed a rather small and short meeting
09:25 paul_p joined #koha
09:36 kf no surprise
09:36 kf haven't read the logs yet
09:42 Amit_Gupta_ joined #koha
09:42 Amit_Gupta left #koha
09:43 Amit_Gupta_ is now known as Amit_Gupta
09:56 matts joined #koha
09:57 matts left #koha
09:57 matts joined #koha
10:10 Suzzane left #koha
10:10 mib_63rhkq joined #koha
10:12 mib_63rhkq Anyone around that might know how to set debug on LDAP authentication? I have tried setting the C4::Debug::debug=1 but isn't working!
10:27 alex_a mib_63rhkq: you can add a setenv directive in apache virtualhost i think ?
10:29 alex_a otherwise you change $debug and warn 'xxxx' by warn 'xxxx' :)
10:30 mib_63rhkq alex_a: Thanks, I have tried both! Not even sure where it should be logging. I tried running from command line after setting DEBUG but still nothing related to LDAP appears!
10:32 alex_a mib_63rhkq: take a look at ErrorLog direction from apache virtualhost. Usualy logs message go in site_dir/var/log/koha-error_log or koha-opac-error_log
10:32 alex_a s/direction/directive/
10:34 alex_a else could be written in /var/log/apache2/error.log
10:36 alex_a and from command line is too verbose because writing all html ouput :)
10:38 mib_63rhkq yeah - nothing in either logs and the screen!
10:47 alex_a mib_63rhkq: nothing in /var/log/apache2 ?
10:53 Amit_Gupta_ joined #koha
11:00 Amit_Gupta left #koha
11:16 mib_63rhkq Nope, nothing at all - strange
11:16 Amit_Gupta_ left #koha
11:24 paul_p_ joined #koha
11:24 paul_p_ left #koha
11:24 paul_p_ joined #koha
11:26 kf hi paul_p
11:26 kf gbsd is still on!! :)
11:31 paul_p left #koha
11:39 * jcamins_away looks in from the bus.
11:39 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
11:41 jcamins @later tell libsysguy Do you have something against normal business hours? :P I should be around today 10/10:30-4 EST and then 6/7-late EST.
11:41 huginn` jcamins: The operation succeeded.
11:57 jcamins And the bus broke down.
11:58 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
12:01 kf oh
12:01 kf hi jcamins_away
12:07 drojf1 he's probably push-starting the bus right now ;)
12:07 * kf giggles at the image
12:08 jcamins_away lol
12:10 jcamins_away I am now on a different bus.
12:10 drojf1 should have pushed harder :P
12:11 drojf1 kf: do you know anything about getting authorities from dnb?
12:11 kf hmm no
12:11 kf but I can ask my coworker
12:11 kf what do you want to do?
12:12 kf only bibliographic records
12:13 kf our libraries are partcipating in the union catalog, so we get the authorities from there
12:13 drojf1 guess i will call my boss to get some details acout the account and then have a look
12:13 drojf1 *about
12:13 drojf1 and work from home
12:13 kf jcamins_away: sorry, it took me too long this morning to finish my notes on the distance study course - but will continue testng your linker tonight
12:13 jcamins_away kf: I look forward to hearing what you find.
12:13 drojf1 less distractions. well s/less distractions/nicer distractions :D
12:14 kf jcamins_away: I am curious too :)
12:14 kf nicer distractions like #koha? ;)
12:14 jcamins_away Hm.
12:14 jcamins_away Testing bug 7432 is really hard on a bus.
12:14 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7432 critical, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, Needs Signoff , Changing frameworks should refresh cache
12:14 kf ah
12:14 kf I can imagine
12:14 kf and you have to wait
12:14 drojf1 i could have #koha there too, i would take my notebook. but yes, less rl distractions ;)
12:15 jcamins_away kf: exactly. I might have to leave it for someone else to test.
12:15 jcamins_away Or do it tonight.
12:15 kf it's on my list too - but happy if you beat me to it
12:15 kf finding time is a bit hard at the moment :(
12:17 jcamins_away :(
12:24 jcamins_away Only a few minutes late to get to the city.
12:24 jcamins_away I'll be back from uptown in a few hours.
12:24 jcamins_away Bye.
12:25 jwagner joined #koha
12:34 laurence left #koha
12:46 collum joined #koha
13:01 NateC joined #koha
13:06 paul_p_ left #koha
13:18 oleonard joined #koha
13:23 oleonard Hi #koha
13:23 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
13:24 magnuse g'day #koha
13:24 tcohen joined #koha
13:27 tcohen hi #koha
13:28 tcohen i missed the irc meeting, hope you reached a procedure for desition making on discussed topic
13:29 oleonard We did.
13:29 tcohen hi oleonard
13:30 magnuse the meetbot minutes say: "discussion mails will be flagged [Discussion Tech] [Discussion Feature] so folks that don't wish to follow a thread can easily delete"
13:30 magnuse and "discussion mails will be sent to both koha-devel and koha main mailing list"
13:30 magnuse[…]-02-08-02.00.html
13:34 tcohen thanks magnuse
13:34 magnuse np tcohen
13:39 drojf1 @wunder berlin, germany
13:39 huginn` drojf1: The current temperature in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, Germany is -3.7�C (2:12 PM CET on February 08, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 54%. Dew Point: -12.0�C. Windchill: -8.0�C. Pressure: 30.75 in 1041.2 hPa (Falling).
13:40 drojf1 warmish :)
13:42 magnuse @wunder boo
13:42 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 3.0�C (2:20 PM CET on February 08, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 81%. Dew Point: 0.0�C. Windchill: -1.0�C. Pressure: 30.69 in 1039 hPa (Steady).
13:42 magnuse heh, that's better
13:42 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
13:42 huginn` tcohen: The current temperature in Cordoba, Argentina is 19.0�C (10:21 AM ART on February 08, 2012). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 100%. Dew Point: 19.0�C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Steady).
13:42 magnuse even better!
13:43 magnuse @wunder marseille
13:43 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 0.0�C (2:30 PM CET on February 08, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 44%. Dew Point: -11.0�C. Windchill: -5.0�C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1023 hPa (Steady).
13:43 magnuse warmer in bod� than in marseille!
13:44 alex_a left #koha
13:44 magnuse and the sun is shining again - life is good!
13:45 oleonard @wunder 45701
13:45 huginn` oleonard: The current temperature in Ohio University, Athens, Ohio is 2.0�C (8:40 AM EST on February 08, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 83%. Dew Point: -1.0�C. Windchill: 2.0�C. Pressure: 30.11 in 1019.5 hPa (Steady).
13:45 drojf1 we have sun too. i wonder if i should go out a little
13:47 magnuse sounds like a good idea!
13:47 drojf1 getting awake a little would definitely help with learning git
13:50 magnuse probably won't hurt ;-)
13:54 mib_63rhkq Anyone know if the Auth_with_ldap module minds if the LDAP server is Novell?
13:54 JesseM joined #koha
13:55 oleonard Maybe we should have a list on the wiki of "who uses X obscure feature of Koha" for question referrals.
13:55 * oleonard doesn't know anything about Koha's LDAP
13:55 magnuse yeah, that would be very cool!
13:55 * oleonard ...beyond unfulfilled promises of a certain former vendor CEO who shall not be named
13:56 mib_63rhkq I've had no problem with AD, but Novell isn't playing nice
13:57 drojf1 that's novell ;)
13:58 * magnuse thinks all the twitter feeds from gbsd should be restored now
13:59 oleonard magnuse++
13:59 magnuse yay ;-)
13:59 magnuse and here are the hourly stats for gbsd#9 so far:[…]ystatus-gbsd9.txt
14:04 ago43 joined #koha
14:06 kf magnuse++
14:06 kf @wunder Konstanz
14:06 huginn` kf: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is -6.6�C (3:04 PM CET on February 08, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 70%. Dew Point: -11.0�C. Windchill: -7.0�C. Pressure: 30.52 in 1033.4 hPa (Falling).
14:07 magnuse almost 10 degrees warmer here :-)
14:07 kf :P
14:28 trea joined #koha
14:31 tcohen git-email broken on precise
14:33 magnuse "broken on precise"?
14:35 gmcharlt precise pangolin
14:36 * oleonard can't get his pangolin to even color inside the lines
14:36 kf pangolin?
14:36 drojf1 lol
14:36 kf oh
14:36 kf ubuntu
14:36 magnuse
14:36 tcohen precise pangolin, the next ubuntu
14:38 maximep joined #koha
14:39 talljoy joined #koha
14:45 paul_p joined #koha
14:46 sekjal joined #koha
14:48 matts left #koha
14:54 paul_p left #koha
14:58 matts joined #koha
15:08 * oleonard is preparing a follow-up for Bug 6919 for MARC21
15:08 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6919 major, P1 - high, ---, alex.arnaud, Needs Signoff , Implementing XSLTResultsDisplay
15:11 matts_ joined #koha
15:13 matts left #koha
15:15 * wizzyrea waves
15:15 oleonard Hi wizzyrea
15:15 oleonard I wonder if people like having numbers on the staff client search results
15:16 wizzyrea I get a lot of "why is x result number 10 on the list"
15:16 wizzyrea without the numbers, they'd have to count
15:16 oleonard If we took out the numbers you could say "It's not, it's number 9" and they turn back to count and you'd run away.
15:16 wizzyrea not sure if that's necessarily a reason to keep them
15:17 wizzyrea hehe that's what I was thinking too... might cut down on support calls >.>
15:17 wizzyrea but that's almost certainly not a reason to remove them. Heh.
15:17 oleonard It's not a question of removing them but adding them to the XSLT results display
15:17 wizzyrea ohhh
15:17 wizzyrea then yes, I'd probably add them
15:18 * wizzyrea tries to figure out why this db update won't fire.
15:18 drojf joined #koha
15:19 * oleonard grumbles that now he has to go figure out how to do that :)
15:20 Soupermanito joined #koha
15:20 paul_p joined #koha
15:22 drojf1 left #koha
15:23 grharry joined #koha
15:31 libsysguy joined #koha
15:35 jcamins_away libsysguy: I am here.
15:35 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
15:36 libsysguy heyyy
15:36 paul_p left #koha
15:36 libsysguy yes I do have something against normal business job never lets me work on KOha during them
15:36 libsysguy so I was testing out the linker script
15:36 jcamins lol
15:37 jcamins Tell them to fix that.
15:37 libsysguy and I kept getting this weird unable to connect to database error
15:37 jcamins Uh-oh.
15:37 jcamins Unable to connect to database?
15:37 jcamins Are you sure you have KOHA_CONF set properly?
15:37 libsysguy let me verify taht is what it said
15:38 libsysguy i know it was something to that effect
15:40 libsysguy oAuth error: Database unavailable (109) authorities Bib-1
15:40 jcamins Ah.
15:40 libsysguy it just overflows the screen with that
15:40 jcamins And are you able to search for authorities in the web client?
15:41 libsysguy well I suppose I can search...nothing that I have searched for has turned up any results
15:42 jcamins Did you follow the instructions that said "be sure to install such-and-such files in etc/zebradb"?
15:43 libsysguy instructions!
15:43 wahanui instructions are coming right now to the wiki near you
15:43 libsysguy NEVER!!
15:43 libsysguy so no...really i missed that
15:43 libsysguy was it in the ticket?
15:43 jcamins wahanui: lol!
15:43 wahanui jcamins: i'm not following you...
15:43 jcamins Yup.
15:43 jcamins Also mentioned in the commit message, I think.
15:43 libsysguy and now I feel retarded
15:43 tcohen here we go
15:44 jcamins Which, granted, is the length of a Tolstoy novel.
15:44 kf I almost missed them too :)
15:44 libsysguy haha, yeah maybe you should have considered a tl;dr section
15:44 paul_p joined #koha
15:44 jcamins It's a big feature. What can I say?
15:45 libsysguy i did run the atomic update :p
15:45 jcamins Good, so now you just have to install the Zebra configs and reindex
15:46 libsysguy oh god...WHYYY
15:46 libsysguy i should just delete all my bibs except for like 10
15:46 jcamins Just the authorities.
15:46 libsysguy all harry potter
15:46 jcamins No, the bibs are fine.
15:46 jcamins Leave the bibs!
15:46 jcamins Don't reindex the bibs.
15:46 libsysguy ok not reindexing the bibs
15:46 * jcamins hopes he said that before you started the reindex.
15:46 jcamins Right. Just the authorities.
15:47 libsysguy oh I never just hit the nuke button on a reindex
15:47 libsysguy that kills a good 6 hours
15:48 tcohen
15:48 tcohen is it ok?
15:48 jcamins Please tell me that you aren't doing this on production, libsysguy.
15:49 jcamins tcohen: yeah, just looking at your e-mail now.
15:49 libsysguy oh heck no
15:49 jcamins tcohen: FWIW, I think the memoization modification that you proposed sounds brilliant, but I'm not an expert in memoization.
15:49 libsysguy I just moved the database over from prod
15:49 tcohen Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table (state 14).
15:50 jcamins tcohen: that's weird. On your message about caching?
15:50 tcohen koha-devel@lists.. didnt reject
15:51 kf tcohen: you are subscribed with this email?
15:52 paul_p tcohen you sent the mail to
15:52 paul_p this ML does not exist !!!
15:52 tcohen exactly :-D
15:52 paul_p it's
15:52 kf ah right
15:52 tcohen I should have let gmail choose the right address instead of typing it
15:52 tcohen :-P
16:02 hdl1 joined #koha
16:02 paul_p left #koha
16:03 hdl left #koha
16:04 hdl joined #koha
16:06 mib_63rhkq Hi, I have a 3.06.02 site that uses LDAP for account creation. The account is auto creating fine but the user gets a HTTP 500 screen on first login?
16:06 mib_63rhkq The second login works fine. The error logs shows "Bad header :--------------------------------"
16:06 mib_63rhkq and ideas?
16:06 * jcamins has never used LDAP with Koha, sorry.
16:07 jcamins Has anyone ever tried parallelizing rebuild_zebra?
16:07 libsysguy shudders at the thought
16:07 drojf no idea of ldap, but if you can't fox it make a nice custom http 500 screen. sorry for not being more helpful
16:07 libsysguy mib_63rhkq: so you're using update and replicate?
16:07 drojf *fix
16:07 mib_63rhkq jcamins: 2 indexing running together?
16:07 maximep mib_63rhkq: is there an error in your koha opac error log?
16:07 libsysguy ^^
16:08 jcamins mib_63rhkq: I meant having Zebra indexing on two (or more) cores.
16:08 mib_63rhkq yes, the error is " Malformed header, Bad header :--------------------------------"
16:08 luisb left #koha
16:09 mib_63rhkq malformed header from script. Bad header=------------------------------:, referer:
16:09 maximep oh wow, misread that you already told us
16:09 mib_63rhkq ^^ is the exact error
16:10 mib_63rhkq libsysguy: I am just using replicate
16:10 hdl1 left #koha
16:13 libsysguy and are you using ADLDAP or openLDAP?
16:14 mib_63rhkq So, editing the script to add a "print Content-type: text/html\n" makes this work - the screen looks terrible though as it dumps session info to the header
16:14 mib_63rhkq I am using Novell LDAP
16:14 mib_63rhkq I am happy the LDAP part is working as the account is acutally created and if you click "Log In" again it will log in correctly
16:15 mib_63rhkq It's just the first time an account is created it fails.
16:15 tcohen jcamins: do u mean processing different chunks with different processes?
16:15 jcamins tcohen: right.
16:16 tcohen never tried it
16:16 sophie_m left #koha
16:17 jcamins Nor have I.
16:18 oleonard Anyone know if there's a reason why OPAC built-in author searches end in 'q=au:"Author name"' and intranet ones end in '?idx=au&q=Author name' ?
16:18 oleonard Are they functionally identical?
16:18 jcamins oleonard: 'cause we hate the OPAC?
16:18 tcohen jcamins: I think it should be possible, taking care of using shadow registers
16:18 jcamins tcohen: yeah, that was my thought.
16:18 hdl jcamins: i would not advise to run parallel indexing.
16:18 jcamins It was more idle curiosity than anything else, though.
16:18 tcohen but no record overlap
16:19 oleonard jcamins: ?
16:19 tcohen because of the way shadow registers are commited
16:19 jcamins oleonard: the version in the intranet is unambiguous and avoids CCL (which sucks).
16:19 jcamins The version in the OPAC is potentially ambiguous and uses CCL (which sucks).
16:19 julian_m left #koha
16:20 hdl in fact, it works, since we acidentally have had some rebuild_zebra runing in //
16:20 oleonard Okay, so the the intranet version is preferred. That's what I needed to know jcamins
16:20 tcohen i mean, the chunks have empty intersection of records between
16:20 jcamins oleonard: right.
16:20 jcamins hdl: I was thinking for a complete rebuild.
16:20 hdl But problem is that zebraidx is really proc consuming
16:20 jcamins hdl: if you have sixteen idle processors, might as well use 'em all, though. ;)
16:20 hdl you would have to use cgroups imho
16:21 jcamins oleonard: right. We use CCL in the OPAC because it's easier, but it's probably not a good idea.
16:23 jcamins What would be a really good idea is using some sort of query parsing liberary.
16:23 jcamins *library
16:23 jcamins hdl: does BibLibre have a preferred query parsing library?
16:24 * jcamins won't be rewriting C4::Search anytime soon, but it's nice to imagine.
16:25 libsysguy haha aww jcamins I think your're the perfect guy to rewite C$::Search
16:25 jcamins libsysguy: that may be, but who is going to sponsor it?
16:25 libsysguy while you're at it you can just move it over to the Koha:: namespace
16:26 jcamins libsysguy: that's the plan.
16:26 libsysguy how much would it cost (jw not offering lol)
16:27 jcamins libsysguy: a lot.
16:27 jcamins Depending on exactly what the parameters were, probably 20k+.
16:27 oleonard Many an adventurer have eyed that lofty peak, but none have dared challenge it.
16:28 jcamins oleonard: for good reason!
16:28 sekjal moving to Koha:: would be a lot like rewriting the whole software package
16:28 jcamins sekjal: it would indeed.
16:28 sekjal s/a lot like//;
16:28 jcamins But keeping the community.
16:29 sekjal yes
16:29 sekjal that's the important part
16:29 jcamins sekjal: but that was just for moving C4::Search to Koha::Search.
16:29 jcamins And rewriting C4::Search to not suck
16:29 sekjal I think we need, as a group, to plan out some of the larger structural choices around the new Koha:: namespace
16:29 asaurat left #koha
16:30 kf sekjal: I think overplanning it will make it never happen
16:30 sekjal like having two layers:  DB access modules, and functional modules
16:30 kf sekjal: there have already been some points made
16:30 * jcamins is perfectly happy to accept any clear guidelines that are offered, but doesn't care enough.
16:30 jcamins (to spend time planning)
16:30 kf one could always add to these - they are on the bug or open discussion to incorporate another idea into the coding guidelines
16:31 jcamins "Maintain strict MVC separation" pretty much covers it.
16:31 jcamins (IMHO)
16:32 jcamins Kaizen.
16:34 * kf finally looked up kaizen
16:34 jcamins kf: it's my mantra. Stolen from rangi.
16:34 * oleonard has signed off on Bug 6919 but proposed a follow-up too which needs signoff
16:34 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6919 major, P1 - high, ---, alex.arnaud, Needs Signoff , Implementing XSLTResultsDisplay
16:35 jcamins Ooooh.
16:35 jcamins oleonard++
16:35 kf oleonard++
16:35 kf jcamins: I might steal it from you :)
16:35 jcamins It's a good mantra.
16:39 maximep the authorities search would output $ in front of results in 3.2, but doesn't seem to do it in 3.6. Any idea of why or how I could find out what changed ?
16:40 kf ?
16:40 kf maximep: authority search in opac or staff?
16:40 jcamins maximep: are you sure that it's not a difference in the data?
16:40 jcamins $9 at the beginning versus at the end?
16:40 maximep staff
16:41 maximep C4::AuthorieisMarc::SearchAuthorities is the same from what I see
16:41 maximep might be something in my data
16:42 * jcamins is pretty sure it's your data.
16:42 jcamins maximep: but, while we're on the subject of authorities...
16:42 jcamins Don't you want to test bug 7284?
16:42 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7284 major, P3, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Authority matching algorithm improvements
16:42 jcamins You do?!?
16:42 jcamins Excellent!!!!
16:42 jcamins :D
16:42 jcamins I knew it.
16:42 maximep nope, not my data
16:43 jcamins maximep: hm.
16:43 maximep just switched my symlink from 3.6 to 3.2
16:43 jcamins Bug 7284 won't fix that, but is still worth trying again. :P
16:43 maximep so should be using all the same stuff
16:43 jcamins maximep: if there's a change, it wouldn't be in SearchAuthorities.
16:43 jcamins It would be in BuildSummary.
16:44 maximep ok, will look at it
16:46 gaetan_B bye #koha!
16:46 gaetan_B left #koha
16:48 paul_p joined #koha
16:49 maximep aaaaaaaah found it
16:50 jcamins What is it?
16:50 reiveune bye
16:50 reiveune left #koha
16:50 maximep in 3.2           $heading.= $field->as_formatted();
16:50 maximep in 3.6 $heading.= $field->as_string('abvxyz68');
16:50 jcamins Ah.
16:50 jcamins Hm.
16:51 maximep now to look at who/when/why changed it
16:52 jcamins maximep: was I right about where it would be?
16:52 maximep yes
16:52 * jcamins isn't sure whether he should be glad or not.
16:53 maximep bug 4433
16:53 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4433 normal, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, katrin.fischer, RESOLVED FIXED, $a displayed in front of topical subjects in authority search
16:53 maximep haha
16:53 maximep for some reason your client wants it like is was :S
16:54 jcamins maximep: for some reason?
16:54 jcamins @quote get 123
16:54 huginn` jcamins: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
16:56 wizzyrea ^^ is always the reason
16:56 wizzyrea :)
16:56 wizzyrea it's not good or bad, it just is.
16:58 kf bye all :)
16:58 kf left #koha
16:59 talljoy left #koha
16:59 jcamins wizzyrea: how goes your testing of bug 7284?
16:59 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7284 major, P3, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Authority matching algorithm improvements
17:00 wizzyrea it would be going better if I could get 5 minutes in a row to look at it
17:00 oleonard jcamins: Ask again in 4 minutes
17:00 jcamins Hm, yes, that would help.
17:01 jcamins oleonard: good idea.
17:02 melia joined #koha
17:05 talljoy joined #koha
17:05 luisb joined #koha
17:05 luisb_ joined #koha
17:09 talljoy is now known as talljoy_lunch
17:09 * jcamins signs off on bug 6299, again.
17:09 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6299 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , Provide a list of authorized values for relator terms
17:11 luisb left #koha
17:11 luisb_ is now known as luisb
17:13 jcamins wizzyrea: how's it going? :P
17:13 wizzyrea lol
17:14 jcamins See, hdl's report on bug 6713 is a perfect example of something that would be fixed by a rewrite of C4::Search.
17:14 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6713 critical, P3, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , marc import not matching
17:20 adnc joined #koha
17:20 paul_p left #koha
17:26 drojf1 joined #koha
17:26 drojf left #koha
17:29 matts_ left #koha
17:36 talljoy_lunch is now known as talljoy
17:37 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.6.3 & 3.4.8 & 3.2.11 are now available ; Next General IRC Meeting 21 March at 18:00 UTC+0 | |
17:37 jcamins March 21? Isn't it usually the second Wednesday?
17:37 oleonard You could have objected if you'd been there :P
17:38 * jcamins doesn't care.
17:38 jcamins And, for the record, I rearranged my schedule to make the meeting.
17:38 oleonard The meeting chair proposed it for mysterious reasons.
17:38 jcamins Unfortunately, I rearranged my schedule to make the meeting on the wrong day.
17:38 jcamins I am available at 9pm tonight.
17:38 jcamins ;)
17:38 * oleonard almost did the same thing
17:43 * oleonard has worked all morning on Koha and has only increased the number of 'needs signoff' bugs...
17:44 wizzyrea well it is bug squashing day, sometimes squashing bugs happens *before* it gets into koha
17:44 wizzyrea I consider it good that we're doing our best to keep bugs out
17:45 * jcamins signed off on stuff.
17:45 wizzyrea quality > quantity?
17:45 * wizzyrea tried to but ended up fixing the patch instead
17:53 ago43 is now known as ago43_lunch
17:57 hdl left #koha
18:01 hankbank joined #koha
18:02 tcohen left #koha
18:05 trea is now known as trea-phone
18:11 slef boom
18:11 wizzyrea boom?
18:12 slef feels a bit like it :)
18:12 slef today started at something like 0811 and I've only just sat down to read email
18:12 jcamins wizzyrea: that was the sound of everyone rushing to look at cute cat pictures. :)
18:12 slef (10h ago, for those of you not in +0000)
18:13 slef jcamins: ?
18:13 jcamins Heh.
18:13 slef by the way, I tried a random image server last week
18:13 wizzyrea lol those are cute
18:13 jcamins A random image server?
18:13 slef serves a random image off the web
18:13 * jcamins needs a source of CC-licensed cute cat pictures.
18:13 jcamins Ah.
18:14 slef there's a lot more porn around than when I last used one in 1999
18:14 wizzyrea possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen:[…]1qiqo40o1_250.gif
18:14 jcamins I was going to say that doesn't seem like a good idea.
18:14 slef mah, I'm just an internet innocent
18:15 luisb_ joined #koha
18:15 slef No next meeting set last night?[…],_8_February_2012
18:15 jcamins 21 March.
18:16 slef ah topic
18:16 slef just spotted it
18:16 * slef edits the wiki
18:16 * jcamins waits for slef to ask why it isn't the second Wednesday.
18:16 slef hackfest
18:16 wahanui hackfest is slowly seing hackers leaving...
18:16 slef hehha
18:16 jcamins Ah, there actually was a reason.
18:16 jcamins Cool.
18:17 slef I thought you were just niggling me :)
18:17 jcamins That's next month already?
18:17 jcamins Wow.
18:17 jcamins Nope.
18:17 * jcamins asked, and then noticed that at least one other person had asked during the meeting.
18:17 * jcamins didn't actually finish reading the notes, though, so he didn't see an answer.
18:21 luisb left #koha
18:21 luisb_ is now known as luisb
18:22 slef ok I think I've added it to two places where it should be (today's meeting page, and the IRC Meetings page)
18:22 slef I guess I should check What Links Here on today's meeting page
18:22 slef yeah, just those
18:22 slef cool
18:24 luisb_ joined #koha
18:24 luisb left #koha
18:24 luisb_ is now known as luisb
18:28 wizzyrea gah I really need to get stupid marcedit working somewhere.
18:28 slef why?
18:29 trea-phone is now known as trea
18:29 * slef exports to marcxml and uses an xml editor
18:30 * jcamins too.
18:30 jcamins Well, vim.
18:30 jcamins It's like an XML editor, with less XML-y-ness.
18:30 libsysguy emacs
18:31 libsysguy its like an operating system
18:31 jcamins That's like an XML editor, but includes a kitchen sinnk.
18:31 wizzyrea meh.
18:31 * wizzyrea curses people who develop only using windows .net
18:32 libsysguy ^^
18:32 libsysguy i have a lot of friends that only code in C#
18:32 * wizzyrea curses them
18:32 wizzyrea CURSE CURSE CURSE
18:33 wizzyrea ok lunch.
18:33 oleonard Back later.
18:33 oleonard left #koha
18:35 slef emacs zen-coding
18:42 * jcamins tries to do the Twitter thing.
18:44 * maximep just installed zen-coding for his editor and is loving it
18:46 ago43_lunch is now known as ago43
18:58 slef damn, I knew I shouldn't be sharing our secret sauce ;)
18:58 maximep now I can't wait until I have a use for it
18:58 slef I just cited Cuba as an example of democracy to someone in the US. I wonder what will happen next.
18:59 slef maximep: ah good! If you're like me, you'll have forgotten the syntax by then!
19:02 maximep well there's really nothing to remember
19:02 maximep it's css syntax
19:03 maximep but maybe I will forget it exists :p
19:03 slef except when it isn't, like producing lots of li items
19:03 slef or adding attributes to html tags
19:03 slef which if you write marcxml, you will need to do
19:03 slef at least I don't think they're css syntax
19:03 maximep something[attribute] u mean ?
19:04 slef but maybe I don't write as evil css as I could
19:04 maximep hmmm maybe it's xpath
19:04 slef hey I said I don't remember :)
19:04 slef nah, I use xpath more and it's deffo not that
19:05 maximep anyway, it looks a lot like jquery selectors, so I will probably remember it
19:05 maximep cool stuff
19:05 slef like: ul attr="value">li*10
19:06 slef very cool, but quite Swiss Army Chainsaw
19:06 slef wahanui: Swiss Army Chainsaw?
19:06 wahanui slef: bugger all, i dunno
19:06 slef wahanui: a Swiss Army Chainsaw is very useful but when you get it wrong, it will take your leg off.
19:06 wahanui OK, slef.
19:07 slef wahanui: public domain means if you break it, you get to keep both pieces.
19:07 wahanui slef: i'm not following you...
19:07 slef wahanui: public domain is if you break it, you get to keep both pieces.
19:07 wahanui OK, slef.
19:08 slef wahanui: C# is like making an octopus by nailing extra legs onto a dog - no-one is happy with the result and especially not the dog.
19:08 wahanui OK, slef.
19:08 jcamins C#?
19:08 wahanui rumour has it C# is like making an octopus by nailing extra legs onto a dog - no-one is happy with the result and especially not the dog
19:11 slef wahanui: a Dolly Parton business case is one that looks impressive at first sight but on closer inspection is incredible because it has insufficient support.
19:11 wahanui OK, slef.
19:11 slef wahanui: co-ops are the bomb found at
19:11 wahanui OK, slef.
19:11 slef wahanui: 2012 is the International Year of Co-operatives
19:11 wahanui OK, slef.
19:11 slef which is evil bad and wrong as a domain name but meh
19:12 slef I once called a server beef without realising that's a valid hex number. Which caused some fun.
19:13 * wizzyrea imagines your bovine inspired server, giggles
19:26 talljoy is now known as tall_THE_joy
19:27 * jcamins waits for bag, trea, and ago43 to change their nicks.
19:27 wizzyrea !
19:27 jcamins Oh, and JesseM and NateC are here too.
19:27 bag heh ;)
19:27 trea i refuse to participate.
19:27 * jcamins waits expectantly.
19:27 trea i'ts how i stay unique
19:27 wizzyrea whut
19:27 trea is now known as trea-away
19:27 bag we are having THE fun
19:28 JesseM :P
19:28 wizzyrea oh.
19:28 tall_THE_joy is now known as talljoy
19:29 atz joined #koha
19:29 atz left #koha
19:30 slef wizzyrea: they were actually stew-inspired.
19:31 slef wizzyrea: we had beef, lamb, rabbit and veggie that I remember.
19:31 wizzyrea yum
19:31 wizzyrea i mean, the idea of stew in general
19:31 wizzyrea is appealing to me :P
19:31 jcamins wizzyrea: what about stone? I guess it's stone soup, though.
19:32 wizzyrea sure, why not
19:32 wizzyrea as long as it includes dumplings, we'll be cool.
19:32 slef rabbit was replaced with a cluster and they had names of particular rabbits. peter, brer, roger, tantumbunky and I'm sure there was one more.
19:32 wizzyrea hehe
19:32 jcamins Whoops, I meant that to be directed to slef.
19:32 jcamins Heh.
19:35 magnuse wow, "tantumbunky" has 5 hits on google?
19:36 slef magnuse: wow. Any of them me?
19:36 slef yes
19:37 slef three are mChicago, who I worked with; two are me
19:37 magnuse heh
19:37 magnuse a very particular rabbit, then
19:38 slef yes
19:38 slef It cracks me up
19:38 slef I must tell its former owner
19:40 slef hehe, the two that are me telling off another former colleague
19:40 slef drojf1: please summarise wiki edits
19:43 slef aha! THUMPER!
19:43 slef that was the other one
19:43 slef of course!
19:43 slef ahem
19:43 slef Nurse!
19:43 magnuse too many new patches, not enough signoffs ;-)[…]ystatus-gbsd9.txt (and yes, i'm guilty too!)
19:44 * jcamins did a bunch!
19:44 magnuse jcamins++
19:46 drojf1 slef: ah. will do that next time
19:50 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
19:51 slef drojf1: thanks. It makes the emails from the wiki more informative.
19:52 drojf1 makes sense. i didn't even see a field for that. not much wiki experience
19:56 slef it's just above the save and preview buttons?
19:58 Space_Librarian joined #koha
19:58 Space_Librarian morning #koha
19:59 slef[…]inment-industries
20:00 slef and for those of you in the US, your government is doing fast+secret trade treaty negotiations again![…]/?action_KEY=8229
20:00 wizzyrea YAY.
20:03 wizzyrea I mean, not yay.
20:03 wizzyrea ugh.
20:03 wizzyrea mornin Space_Librarian
20:06 wizzyrea didn't romania and czechoslovakia go in and then out of those negotiations?
20:06 wizzyrea I haven't read much about it today
20:08 Space_Librarian morning wizzyrea
20:10 luisb left #koha
20:17 jcamins Well I'll be.
20:17 jcamins Wait, what?
20:17 wahanui Wait, is it only in items?
20:18 jcamins There is a video tutorial for installing Koha.
20:18 jcamins On Windows.
20:18 Space_Librarian ?!
20:18 sekjal jcamins: how recent?
20:18 Space_Librarian I thought that was for an old version
20:19 Space_Librarian 3.2 or something
20:19 Space_Librarian or even earlier
20:19 jcamins Space_Librarian: the last version that works on Windows was 2.2.something.
20:19 jcamins sekjal: October.
20:19 jcamins On Windows 7.
20:19 luisb joined #koha
20:19 sekjal jcamins: but what version of Koha?
20:19 * jcamins is waiting to find out.
20:20 jcamins Ah, there's an image of the Koha interface.
20:20 jcamins Pre-3, certainly.
20:20 Space_Librarian yes, it came up in conversation last week, methinks
20:21 jcamins I guess these are the people indradg was talking about- they've suddenly decided to start promoting Koha on Windows heavily.
20:22 trea-away is now known as trea
20:25 luisb left #koha
20:25 drojf1 why would one want to run koha on windows?
20:26 jcamins Goodness only knows.
20:27 sekjal if Windows is all you're familiar with, then it may seem easier to force Koha to run on it rather than learn *Nix
20:27 jcamins True, but then you're all alone.
20:27 cait joined #koha
20:27 jcamins Though I guess whoever these people are they don't put much stock in sharing.
20:28 cait ?
20:28 cait hi all :)
20:28 sekjal less important than having the software installed and (hopefully) usable
20:28 drojf1 hi cait :)
20:28 jcamins Hi cait.
20:28 wizzyrea is this their way of "forcing" us to make a post 2 install available for windows?
20:28 wizzyrea that's more pain than I want to endure, but whatever.
20:28 cait hi drojf1, jcamins, sekjal and wizzyrea :)
20:28 sekjal hi, cait
20:28 jcamins sekjal: usable up until they hit a problem, at which point they have an unusable system that no one can help them with.
20:28 wizzyrea hi cait!
20:28 jcamins Hi cait.
20:29 sekjal jcamins:  true enough
20:29 wizzyrea or a feature that they want that isn't compatible with 2.2
20:29 sekjal I don't see any good reason to make Koha run on Windows, myself.  Nor Mac OS X.  installing a Debian server really isn't that horrifically hard
20:29 drojf1 i dont see why you would want to run anything you want to be accessed from the internet on a windows machine
20:29 cait ^^
20:30 cait what are you discussing?
20:30 * cait is still thawing from her little walk
20:30 cait @wunder Konstanz
20:30 huginn` cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is -10.3�C (9:25 PM CET on February 08, 2012). Conditions: Mist. Humidity: 86%. Dew Point: -12.0�C. Windchill: -10.0�C. Pressure: 30.57 in 1035.1 hPa (Steady).
20:30 drojf1 but then, if you have not much knowledge of computers, but you have a running windows machine, that might sound like a good idea
20:31 drojf1 but its not :(
20:31 jcamins Definitely not.
20:32 drojf1 if you cant do it there are people to help you. if its too complicated for yourself or you have better things to do you can pay somebody. i think if neither of that is good then koha is the wrong system.
20:33 cait hm bug 7112
20:33 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7112 major, P3, ---, henridamien, Needs Signoff , Having two prices in 020$c causes basket creation to fail from staged marc import
20:33 cait it's always talking about decimal points... guess it will not work for decimal commas :(
20:33 Space_Librarian @wunder wellington, nz
20:33 huginn` Space_Librarian: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 18.0�C (9:00 AM NZDT on February 09, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 73%. Dew Point: 13.0�C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Steady).
20:34 Guillaume joined #koha
20:34 oleonard joined #koha
20:34 drojf1 cait: should that not be a variable of some kind? decimal thingy, and you choose it in the prefs?
20:34 cait drojf1: yeah, that too
20:34 cait but here it's about an acq feature
20:34 cait so if your data has euro prices...
20:34 cait I doubt it works
20:34 drojf1 oh
20:34 cait not totally sure
20:35 adnc left #koha
20:37 grharry left #koha
20:40 wizzyrea it is nice to have kyle back doing stuff all the time :)
20:40 wizzyrea on koha, that is.
20:41 Space_Librarian lol. More minions?
20:41 bag @wunder 93109
20:41 huginn` bag: The current temperature in K6LCM-Westside/Mesa, Santa Barbara, California is 24.3�C (12:39 PM PST on February 08, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 32%. Dew Point: 7.0�C. Pressure: 30.03 in 1016.8 hPa (Falling).
20:44 drojf1 the map of anti acta demonstrations looks quite impressive. i wonder how many of these will end up as facebook protests without people actually going (sorry, google maps link)[…]&z=4&source=embed
20:46 jwagner left #koha
20:50 drojf1 left #koha
20:50 drojf joined #koha
20:50 drojf my internet is crazy :(
20:50 cait ooh
20:50 cait it's kicking you out?
20:51 drojf yes
20:52 cait ooh
20:52 * cait hands drojf the duct tape
20:52 drojf heh thanks
20:53 * Space_Librarian hands drojf a hammer (just in case)
20:53 drojf thanks. if i cant repair it, i'll smash it :D
20:54 Johnindy left #koha
20:54 Space_Librarian a la - http://ldsrr91.files.wordpress[…]computer-duck.png
20:55 wizzyrea rofl
20:55 slef drojf: it's because you're against ACTA, so you are being censored!
20:56 drojf i was actually thinking that for a second. "there he is, let's take his internet!" :/
20:56 jcamins Huh?
20:58 jcamins Never mind.
20:58 jcamins I'm calling it a day.
20:58 wizzyrea you should.
20:58 wizzyrea too many kittens
20:58 Space_Librarian lol ginger ones?
21:00 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
21:02 luisb joined #koha
21:06 Guillaume left #koha
21:08 drojf turns out i did not really learn much git today. shame
21:10 hdl joined #koha
21:10 collum left #koha
21:11 cait drojf: we could walk you through some things
21:11 cait there are also good notes on the wiki
21:12 cait git?
21:12 wahanui i guess git is[…]Control_Using_Git
21:14 drojf left #koha
21:14 drojf joined #koha
21:14 drojf duct tape did not work. now for the hammer…
21:15 drojf i give up. the internet does not like me tonight. good night #koha
21:16 Guillaume joined #koha
21:16 cait good night drojf
21:16 drojf left #koha
21:18 maximep @wunder cyqb
21:18 huginn` maximep: The current temperature in Quebec, Quebec is -5.0�C (4:00 PM EST on February 08, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 50%. Dew Point: -14.0�C. Windchill: -12.0�C. Pressure: 30.02 in 1016 hPa (Falling).
21:20 hdl left #koha
21:20 paul_p joined #koha
21:21 wizzyrea ok, i am totally digging fredericd's indexer daemon
21:21 wizzyrea hawt.
21:21 cait hi paul_p
21:22 wizzyrea hi ipaul
21:25 paul_p hi #koha
21:25 * paul_p about to go to bed
21:28 hdl joined #koha
21:30 Guillaume left #koha
21:30 Guillaume joined #koha
21:31 NCARMichael joined #koha
21:31 NCARMichael hey gang!
21:31 wizzyrea hiya
21:32 NCARMichael question regarding "hidden" fields and subfields
21:32 NCARMichael i went here http://manual.koha-community.o[…]/en/catadmin.html
21:32 NCARMichael and could not make sense of the coding system
21:32 NCARMichael what I want is for the 590 field(s) to appear.
21:32 NCARMichael currently, they're not.
21:33 oleonard Bye #koha
21:33 wizzyrea bye oleonard
21:33 oleonard left #koha
21:33 wizzyrea you mean the hidden values?
21:33 wizzyrea did you click on the in-app help?
21:33 cait NCARMichael: where do you want them to appear?
21:34 cait it will only work for the marc views, not for the normal view
21:34 JesseM left #koha
21:34 NCARMichael on tab 5 (for most frameworks) when i click on Edit Record
21:35 Guillaume left #koha
21:38 NCARMichael correction: "add MARC record"
21:38 sekjal okay, time for me to go.  night, #koha!
21:38 sekjal left #koha
21:38 NCARMichael 090 field and 590 fields do not show
21:39 cait what are the hidden fields set to?
21:40 melia is now known as melia_lunch
21:40 francharb left #koha
21:41 NCARMichael when i go into subfields for 090, I have all of them set (in the "hidden" field) to 0
21:41 cait ok, that should work
21:41 cait are you using memcache?
21:42 NCARMichael um, dunno
21:42 NCARMichael what is that
21:42 wahanui that is failed qa
21:42 cait caching tomake your server faster
21:42 cait it will also makes changes to the frameworks not appear
21:42 NCARMichael how do i find that out
21:42 cait becuase there is a little bug
21:42 cait hmm
21:42 cait not sure, perhaps try /etc/inid.t/memcache restart ? :)
21:43 eythian *init.d
21:43 cait right
21:43 NCARMichael i'm guessing Galen would have to do that for me...
21:43 cait good morning eythian :)
21:43 cait ah
21:43 eythian hi
21:43 cait he will also know if you are using memcache
21:44 NCARMichael okay, i'll shoot him an email
21:46 NCARMichael thanks, bye.
21:46 cait NCARMichael: you can also check someting else - like changing a description
21:47 cait if that shows up, it's not memcache and some problemwith the hidden fields
21:47 NCARMichael left #koha
22:02 paul_p left #koha
22:06 * Space_Librarian wants to throttle z39.50 servers
22:06 wizzyrea O.O
22:06 wizzyrea whyfor
22:07 Space_Librarian they're just not working for me. I had 2 up this morning, and even they're down now.
22:07 Space_Librarian And LC is simply refusing to connect
22:16 hdl left #koha
22:17 hdl joined #koha
22:21 libsysguy left #koha
22:24 wizzyrea i wonder if perhaps you have tons of stuff in your queue
22:25 eythian Space_Librarian: fixed.
22:25 wizzyrea :D noice.
22:26 Soupermanito left #koha
22:26 luisb left #koha
22:27 melia_lunch is now known as melia
22:29 * Space_Librarian blinks
22:29 cait night all
22:30 cait left #koha
22:30 Space_Librarian gasp! happy dance :D
22:30 Space_Librarian eythian ++
22:33 eythian <>: host[]
22:33 eythian said: 550 5.1.1 <>: Recipient address
22:33 eythian rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table (in reply to RCPT TO command)
22:34 eythian not ideal...
22:34 eythian oh wait
22:34 luisb joined #koha
22:34 eythian Someone else got it wrong and I reply-all'ed.
22:38 Soupermanito joined #koha
22:45 mbalmer left #koha
22:46 ago43 is now known as ago43_away
22:46 ago43_away is now known as THE_ago43_away
22:50 talljoy left #koha
22:53 jcamins_away Was there something else I wanted to sign off on tonight?
22:53 trea left #koha
22:56 maximep left #koha
22:57 NateC left #koha
23:15 hdl left #koha
23:38 luisb left #koha
23:40 luisb joined #koha
23:41 luisb left #koha
23:56 luisb joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary