IRC log for #koha, 2011-10-13

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 Oak left #koha
00:00 slef ok, back in 9h or so
00:05 Judit good night:)
00:18 melia left #koha
02:01 trea-away left #koha
02:01 mtj you know.... one of the problems that you get with 178 column editors
02:02 eythian can't spread them 3-wide on a normal sized screen?
02:02 mtj ... is that you can get away with $way_too_big_names_for_stuff_dot_com naming in your code :/
02:03 eythian $a_suffusion_of_yellow
02:05 mtj linus has a good post about linux-kernal code, saying 'if you cant fit your code happily in a 80 column window, its probably a too-complex block of code'
02:05 eythian yeah.
02:05 mtj ... which was a comment that made me have a good think
02:06 eythian PBP says that by the time you've read that far to the right, a) scanning back left is hard, and b) you're starting to load up on too information and will start forgetting things.
02:07 mtj either too much indentation, or $NamesThat_are_wayToo_long_DotCom' ...
02:07 eythian or really long expressions that shouldn't be so long
02:07 mtj yeah, thats my *big* pet peeve too
02:09 mtj .. people 'compressing' a perfectly readable block of code, into a brainfxed one-liner
02:10 * jcamins votes for adding the following variable into every single file, just to mess with people: $thisiStHemOstiMportantvAriableyOuwIlle​VereNcounteraNdyOuwIllsPendfArmOretImet​HanyOuwAnttOaDmittRyingtOfIgureoUtwHy.
02:10 jcamins Beautiful, isn't it?
02:10 rangi jcamins: 5528 is pushed :)
02:11 jcamins rangi: hooray!
02:11 jcamins rangi++
02:11 mtj 'verbose and readable' > 'tight but incomprehensible'
02:11 jcamins mtj: what about verbose AND incomprehensible?
02:14 rangi bug 7020
02:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7020 minor, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Items with no checkouts report does not output call number, barcode or item details
02:14 rangi bug report, and a patch from a school district all in one
02:14 rangi awesome
02:14 wizzyrea o/ HIGHFIVE \o
02:15 rangi patch isnt in git format but ill soon fix that
02:26 rangi done
02:31 eythian <-- better policies than most, really
02:35 rangi they are fixing it
02:35 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7020] Items with no checkouts report does not output call number, barcode or item details <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7020>
02:35 rangi hope some ppl got screenshots
02:36 rangi theres less bacon ipsum
02:39 jcamins Heh. I hadn't noticed that.
02:47 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
02:48 libsysguy joined #koha
02:48 libsysguy Does anybody know if you can use integers as perl hash keys?
02:49 libsysguy i keep getting an error Can't use string ("0") as a HASH ref while "strict refs"
02:49 rangi yeah
02:49 rangi thats not a hash key
02:49 rangi thats the whole hashref
02:50 rangi you cant use an integer as an actual hashref :)
02:50 libsysguy hmm maybe I've referenced it wrong
02:50 rangi youre variable contains 0, not a hashref is what that error is telling on
02:50 rangi you
02:51 libsysguy interesting…ok thanks rangi++
02:54 jenkins_koha Starting build 474 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
02:58 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6885 Follow up to fix superlibarian permission check <[…]0935e93736ce4dc3b> / Bug 6885 Allow superlib to delete items from any library <[…]88a1f26f8d207b18d> / 6278 Funny translation bug with XSLT subfieldSelect parameters <
03:01 bg oh yeah 10 days man - 10 days
03:05 talljoy left #koha
03:08 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6912 Test 008 presence in get CoinS function <[…]5757352a147e33d72>
03:21 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
03:21 Amit_Gupta heya chris
03:21 Amit_Gupta good morning
03:21 rangi hiya Amit_Gupta
03:23 libsysguy hey Amit…I knew that name looked familiar…one of our librarians bought your book on Koha 3
03:24 Amit_Gupta hyea libsysguy
03:24 libsysguy :)
03:24 Amit_Gupta yes koha 3 library management system
03:25 Amit_Gupta yes book written by Amit Gupta and Savitra
03:25 libsysguy yes I think she bought it thinking it was was a guide to using Koha not installing it :p
03:25 Amit_Gupta hmm
03:26 libsysguy you know how librarians love the books heh
03:27 Amit_Gupta ah!
03:27 jcamins_away Amit_Gupta: you'll be glad to know that the analytics code (bug 5528) made it in.
03:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5528 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, tajoli, ASSIGNED , Analytical records support
03:29 libsysguy jcamins_away: you are going to have to just leave it jcamins when you are away and when you are here you can say jcamins_present
03:29 jcamins_away :)
03:30 * jcamins_away isn't here.
03:30 Amit_Gupta heya jcamins
03:30 jcamins_away Writing a paper.
03:30 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
03:30 jcamins Well, book review.
03:30 libsysguy im writing a search engine for class
03:30 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6925 : The way to show the plural of the word "Item" is not compatible with multi... <[…]af571b7c543267ddd> / Bug 6840 warning in logs <[…]8cbb50741b27dae1d>
03:30 jcamins Oh?
03:30 jcamins From scratch, indexing engine and everything?
03:30 libsysguy in object oriented perl…i feel i have made a bad choice
03:30 libsysguy indeed
03:31 jcamins Object-oriented Perl?
03:31 libsysguy yeah…its normal perl written with Object Oriented paradigm in mind…like the new Koha modules that will be replacing C4
03:32 jcamins Oh, I know what it is.
03:32 libsysguy or parts of C4
03:32 libsysguy oh hehe
03:32 libsysguy oops
03:32 jcamins That was supposed to convey shock and awe at your bravery.
03:32 libsysguy there should be a font for that
03:32 jcamins I use irssi.
03:32 jcamins ;)
03:32 libsysguy and yes…i wrote it as a script first and did it in 38 lines (its basic)
03:32 Amit_Gupta thanks jacamins
03:32 libsysguy but the object oriented version is well over 100
03:33 jcamins Amit_Gupta: you're welcome. It would have been a shame for the code to not get into 3.6, either.
03:36 libsysguy huzzaah…inverted index engine successfully rewritten in OOPerl :D
03:36 bg hey Amit_Gupta
03:36 bg jcamins you're still up?
03:36 bg wowie
03:37 bg oh wait - timezone fail
03:37 jcamins bg: yeah, stupid book review. :(
03:37 bg it's only 23:00
03:37 bg oh book review?  sounds fun
03:37 bg if it's something you like I guess
03:37 bg HA
03:38 * bg is currently rereading LOTR
03:38 bg about half way through fellowship
03:38 jcamins Awesome books!
03:38 bg I think on the plane flights coming up I'll have enough time to finish the other two
03:40 bg jcamins you going to india?
03:40 jcamins bg: nah, too far.
03:40 jcamins Believe it or not, for someone who managed to cross the Atlantic five times in one year, I hate flying.
03:40 bg for you?  nothing is too far
03:40 bg ahhh…  no way
03:41 libsysguy bg you going to India?
03:41 bg heh get a boat :)   you'd have plenty of time to catalog :)
03:41 jcamins Actually, it's probably because of my experience almost crashing into Baku.
03:41 bg yes I am - my second time there
03:41 Amit_Gupta left #koha
03:41 libsysguy can you bring back a poor college student some curry?
03:42 bg of course!
03:42 * libsysguy loves curry
03:42 bg no problem
03:42 jcamins Also, I think KohaCon coincides with the major conference in Slavic Studies, where I'm presenting on a very star-studded panel.
03:43 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #474: SUCCESS in 48 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/474/
03:43 jenkins_koha 6278 Funny translation bug with XSLT subfieldSelect parameters
03:43 jenkins_koha Starting build 475 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
03:44 bg libsysguy: spicy or just normal - red, green?
03:44 jcamins bg: how long will you be in India?
03:44 libsysguy red for sure…and the spicier the better
03:44 bg 28th to the 6th
03:45 libsysguy there is a place here that makes the best Thai red curry I have ever had
03:45 bg ok cool - I'll get you a tin of curry powder
03:45 bg you'll need to send me your address
03:45 jcamins libsysguy: you know that Indian food in America is nowhere near as spicy as Indian food in India, right?
03:45 bg and it's a completely different food
03:45 jcamins That too.
03:45 bg the india food here - expands when it hits my stomach
03:45 libsysguy yes there are a lot of Indian grad students here
03:45 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
03:45 libsysguy so I get the full experience…kind of
03:45 jcamins Okay, just checking. :)
03:45 bg but the real india food didn't/doesn't do the same
03:46 libsysguy that is what I hear
03:46 bg I think it's the cream - we use different stuff here
03:47 bg so when I get indian food here - I don't get anything creamy - makes a big difference
03:47 libsysguy bg I can wire you some money over paypal or something to set me up
03:47 bg no worries man
03:47 bg a tin of curry is like 2.50 usd
03:47 bg :)
03:47 bg I'm planning on getting as much as I can fit
03:48 jcamins bg: when/why/where were you in India before?
03:48 jcamins I don't blame you.
03:48 * jcamins always buys spices when he goes interesting places.
03:48 bg Sonja and I went for a friends wedding
03:48 libsysguy was it arranged? serious question*
03:48 bg I actually proposed to Sonja on christmas morning as the sun rose at the Taj Mahal
03:48 libsysguy wow ^^
03:49 jcamins Wow, what a great proposal!
03:49 rangi yeah beat that !
03:49 Amit_Gupta wow
03:49 rangi :)
03:49 bg a girl's got to have a story right?
03:49 Amit_Gupta heya bg
03:49 rangi :)
03:49 bg yo Amit_Gupta
03:49 jcamins My proposal was very anticlimactic, I think. I turned to Shari and said "hey, let's get engaged." Her response was "okay, when?" To which I said "now." And that was it. :\
03:49 libsysguy bg gets the #Koha best marrage proposal award…any takers for a better story
03:50 jcamins I highly doubt it.
03:50 Amit_Gupta marrage->marriage
03:50 bg jcamins - that's great!
03:50 bg they are all great - cause it's the story that matters!
03:51 rangi nate has a good one too
03:51 bg yup
03:51 bg NateC?
03:51 wahanui I LIKE SPACE AND MY WIFE
03:51 rangi mine was in tokyo
03:51 bg noice!
03:51 bg not bad for an american woman
03:51 rangi hehe
03:52 rangi who all had a drumline march them down the aisle?
03:52 libsysguy oh oh rangi wasn't there an oil spill close to new zealand?
03:52 rangi still going
03:52 Danielle left #koha
03:52 rangi its a bloody mess
03:52 jcamins Has anyone else noticed that most of the marriage proposals on #koha seem to take place somewhere other than the participants' home countries?
03:52 libsysguy dang...
03:52 rangi[…]ation-Renas-owner
03:52 libsysguy and jcamins yes…don't tell my girlfriend
03:53 rangi douchebag container ship, trying to race to get into the harbour hit a reed
03:53 rangi reef
03:53 bg heh reed
03:53 libsysguy heh
03:53 jcamins libsysguy: this doesn't seem such a problem for you... didn't I hear that your girlfriend is Swedish? She's already outside her home country. ;)
03:54 libsysguy LOL!
03:54 rangi the big question is
03:54 rangi who won at pool
03:54 libsysguy true…but she wants to go back there to get married in one of thier big churches
03:54 libsysguy it actually came out to a tie rangi…I was disappointed in myself
03:54 libsysguy I'm pretty competitive
03:54 rangi :)
03:54 libsysguy I love to play though
04:04 bg yeah pool is great!
04:04 bg it's been awhile since I've played but I used to be decent
04:04 libsysguy that is how i was feeling when I played my gf
04:04 bg always let a girlfriend win
04:05 bg :)
04:06 rangi hometime
04:06 * rangi goes to catch the bus
04:07 libsysguy haha true story bg
04:14 Oak joined #koha
04:17 Oak kia ora #koha
04:17 Amit_Gupta heya Oak
04:17 Oak hello Amit_Gupta :)
04:18 rangi back from the bus
04:20 Oak welcome back then... :)
04:30 libsysguy off for the night…cya tomorrow
04:30 libsysguy left #koha
04:31 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #475: SUCCESS in 47 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/475/
04:31 jenkins_koha * f.demians: Bug 6885 Allow superlib to delete items from any library
04:31 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6885 Follow up to fix superlibarian permission check
04:31 jenkins_koha * f.demians: Bug 6912 Test 008 presence in get CoinS function
04:31 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 6840 warning in logs
04:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6885 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, ASSIGNED , Superlibrarian users can't delete items from another library when IndependantBranches
04:31 jenkins_koha * juan.sieira: Bug 6925 : The way to show the plural of the word "Item" is not compatible with multilanguage
04:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6912 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, ASSIGNED , OPAC display crashes for analytical biblio without 008 field
04:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6840 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , error in in logs
04:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6925 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, juan.sieira, ASSIGNED , The way to show the plural of a word is not compatible with multilanguage
04:55 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
05:06 cait joined #koha
05:09 cait good morning #koha
05:14 eythian hi cait
05:15 cait hi eythian :)
05:27 cait no huginn?
05:27 cait ah found him, was hiding
05:38 Amit_Gupta heya cait
05:38 cait oh 6973
05:39 cait eythian: I think I might forgive you the germs for 6973 :)
05:39 cait eythian: I remember us talking about it at kohacon last year :)
05:39 eythian yeah, it's been bothering me for ages.
05:39 eythian But, it'll need a lot of testing, it touches a lot of the mail systems.
05:40 eythian wahanui: germs.
05:40 wahanui Germs originated in Germany, before rapidly spreading throughout the rest of the world.
05:40 cait yeah
05:41 cait good that I can send mail from my laptop now :)
05:41 eythian cool :)
05:41 cait what about the 'new account' thing?
05:42 cait we can't put that in message queue I guesss
05:42 cait hm and addresschange
05:42 eythian why not?
05:42 laurence joined #koha
05:43 cait passwords in new account
05:43 eythian hmm, good point I suppose.
05:44 cait and you could have given it his own bug
05:44 cait hmpf :)
05:44 cait do I need to apply all 3 patches for testing?
05:45 eythian well, the basic reply-to stuff (the first patch) is standalone
05:45 eythian the others go on top of it
05:45 eythian I should have given it its own bug, yeah
05:46 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6904] Suggestion status 'pending' and 'asked' <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6904>
05:47 cait ok
05:47 cait can you clarify on the bug? :)
05:48 eythian can you add something asking me to, I'm heading now and I'll forget otherwise
05:48 eythian bye!
05:50 cait bye
06:10 Callender left #koha
06:11 phasefx left #koha
06:22 Judit left #koha
06:25 cait hm
06:25 alex_a left #koha
06:26 ropuch Morning #koha
06:27 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
06:27 alex_a joined #koha
06:27 alex_a left #koha
06:27 alex_a joined #koha
06:27 alex_a hello #koha
06:28 magnuse hiya alex_a and #koha
06:28 alex_a hi magnuse
06:29 mtj heya alex_a and magnuse  :)
06:29 magnuse kia ora mtj
06:30 magnuse so sad to hear about that container ship falling apart!
06:30 phasefx joined #koha
06:31 mtj yeah, ship happens :/
06:33 magnuse :-(
06:36 cait morning ropuch, magnuse, mtj and alex_a
06:36 cait can someone do a quick test for me?
06:36 cait I can't link authorities on current master in cataloging
06:37 cait I tried linking from 110 to a corporate author
06:38 Callender joined #koha
06:40 marcelr joined #koha
06:40 marcelr hello koha
06:41 reiveune joined #koha
06:41 reiveune left #koha
06:45 paul_p joined #koha
06:47 cait morning marcelr :)
06:47 marcelr hi cait; thanks for signing those two encoding patches
06:47 cait thx for your work on it :)
06:48 cait it's been annoying
06:48 cait I always find those things when doing presentations
06:54 reiveune joined #koha
06:54 reiveune Hello
06:54 laurence left #koha
06:58 cait left #koha
07:00 julian_m joined #koha
07:00 matts_away is now known as matts
07:02 julian_m hello
07:03 marcelr hi julian_m and reiveune
07:03 julian_m hello marcelr
07:03 reiveune hi marcelr
07:03 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6803] Removing remote include in MODS xslt <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6803>
07:05 francharb joined #koha
07:05 francharb hello everyonr
07:06 asaurat joined #koha
07:07 sophie_m joined #koha
07:12 francharb left #koha
07:15 francharb joined #koha
07:23 hdl joined #koha
07:27 Judit joined #koha
07:32 Judit left #koha
07:34 Callender left #koha
07:36 kf joined #koha
07:36 kf good morning (again) #koha :)
07:36 magnuse guten morgen kjf
07:36 magnuse ooops: kf
07:37 kf hi magnuse :)
07:39 asaurat hi !
07:39 kf hi asaurat :)
07:39 hdl hi all
07:39 kf hi hdl :)
07:43 Guillaume joined #koha
07:50 Amit_Gupta heya hdl
07:50 Amit_Gupta hdl around
07:50 Amit_Gupta ?
07:52 hdl hi Amit_Gupta.
07:56 Amit_Gupta hdl solr done
08:06 hdl yoohooo !!!
08:06 hdl \o/
08:06 sophie_m left #koha
08:16 Oak left #koha
09:07 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6938 - replace two subscription fields that were incorrectly removed <[…]55f289aaee9435848>
09:09 chris_n` joined #koha
09:09 chris_n is now known as Guest13383
09:09 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
09:10 jenkins_koha Starting build 476 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
09:10 Guest13383 left #koha
09:27 kf hdl: ?
09:28 hdl kf ?
09:28 wahanui it has been said that kf is cait or really, really sweet. or <reply>she gives me memory loss
09:28 kf I wonderes about your yohooo and the cryptic message exchange
09:29 hdl Amit_Gupta: said : solr done
09:29 hdl I replied Yooohoo
09:30 kf I saw that, but was curious about the meaning
09:31 * kf is courious about solr :)
09:31 hdl well just glad he did it.
09:31 kmkale joined #koha
09:31 hdl he had problems installing solr.
09:33 kf glad it works then :)
09:34 hdl so am I
09:35 hdl I think that julian_m will be able to show you if you go to India.
09:36 kmkale ping paul_p
09:36 kmkale hi kf hdl
09:37 paul_p kmkale: hi
09:37 wahanui niihau, paul_p
09:37 kf hi kmkale :)
09:37 kf hdl: not going to india this year, but scotland for sure next
09:39 kmkale paul_p: need artwork of your company logo asap
09:42 paul_p kmkale:[…]biblibre/logo.png
09:44 kmkale thanks paul
09:58 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #476: SUCCESS in 48 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/476/
09:58 jenkins_koha robin: Bug 6938 - replace two subscription fields that were incorrectly removed
09:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6938 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, robin, ASSIGNED , The "Subscription History" public and private note fields have gone missing
10:05 Amit_Gupta heya kmkale
10:05 kmkale hi Amit_Gupta
10:05 slef heh, more spam addressed to "Nicole C. Engard"
10:05 slef I'd blacklist that phrase, except maybe then I would miss email from nengard
10:05 kmkale hi slef
10:05 slef hi kmkale - how goes it?
10:06 kmkale going well
10:22 sophie_m joined #koha
10:26 Irma left #koha
10:31 BobB joined #koha
10:36 matts is now known as matts_away
10:39 Irma joined #koha
11:25 kf wizzyrea: around? :)
11:33 jwagner joined #koha
11:40 nengard joined #koha
11:44 collum joined #koha
11:45 slef nengard! kf! help! ;-)
11:46 nengard ??
11:46 slef how does a librarian add or remove message attributes?
11:46 nengard you can't
11:46 nengard it's all or nothing
11:46 hdl slef: you add entry in sql.
11:46 nengard or that :)
11:46 nengard hehe
11:46 slef I'm looking at a koha where some of them are missing
11:46 kf message attributes?
11:46 kf oh
11:47 slef and that's really strange
11:47 kf reload them from the sql files
11:47 nengard yeah, I have one of those too and I'm so confused
11:47 kf the problem is, they are not mandatory in web installer
11:47 kf which they should be
11:47 slef yeah, I'll offer to reload them from SQL
11:47 kf so some tables are empty if you forget to check them during install
11:47 slef @query attributes
11:47 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2847 normal, P1, ---, oleonard, NEW , Use HTML escape in templates where appropriate
11:47 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2810 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , corrupt marc data is causing the to abort
11:47 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3642 enhancement, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Modify export to include other borrower information
11:47 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4418 enhancement, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Enable required option for patron attributes
11:47 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4925 enhancement, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Remove Smithsonian as a delivered z39.50 target
11:47 kf there is no bug for that
11:47 kf I think
11:47 kf not from me at least
11:47 kf but I have been there... wondering what's gone wrong
11:47 nengard kf slef I call it enhanced messaging
11:47 slef shouldn't there be?
11:47 nengard not attributes ? if that helps in searching
11:48 kf slef: I think thre should. messages don't work without and you can't configure it from the GUI
11:48 kf so should be mandatory
11:48 kf message_transport_types might also be missing
11:48 slef @query enhanced messaging
11:48 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5918 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW , When AddPatronLists is set to "general" and EnhancedMessagingPreferences is set, messaging prefs not copied from defaults
11:48 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4819 enhancement, P5, ---, chris, NEW , Add ID tags to certain areas of OPAC so jquery can be used to hide them
11:48 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4171 enhancement, P5, ---, cnighswonger, NEW , needs an overhaul
11:48 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5539 enhancement, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW , Options for Suggestion Emails
11:48 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5647 normal, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW , Enhanced Notices are using name and not id
11:49 slef damnit
11:49 * slef fires up the web
11:49 nengard ooo ? that first one might be it ?
11:49 nengard no?
11:49 kf hm, I think that's a different problem
11:49 kf slef: are you missing the table content or the patrons are missing the preferences?
11:50 kf for the latter exists a script
11:51 slef kf: missing some table content I think
11:51 kf ah, than probably not being checked in web installer
11:51 slef I'll offer to reload for them.
11:51 kf as a reason
11:51 slef but then how would they have any table content?
11:51 kf they should be the same for all libraries, so reloading should not cause any trouble
11:51 slef ok, so the bug is: sample_notices_* should be mandatory?
11:52 kf hm not sample notices
11:52 kf message type something
11:52 kf although sample_notices are always good in my opinion
11:52 slef the files are called sample_notices_message_attributes and sample_notices_message_transports I think
11:52 kf and perhaps would make sense to have them recommended
11:52 jwagner message transports is what you're looking for, I think
11:52 kf slef: yep, those 2
11:52 amt joined #koha
11:52 slef sample_notices is already mandatory
11:53 kf hm
11:53 kf not much sense in that then
11:53 kf it's only a matter of moving some files around, perhaps we should get that done before 3.8
11:53 amt can it is possible to install koha live cd on hard drive
11:53 slef kf: yes, we should. I'm opening a bug.
11:53 kf slef: can you cc me?
11:53 amt can it is possible to install koha live cd on hard drive
11:53 wahanui i already had it that way, amt.
11:54 kf amt: we have seen your first question :)
11:54 amt how will you guide me?
11:54 kf what do you intend to do? for a production system a koha live cd might not be the way you want to go
11:54 amt then?
11:54 wahanui i guess then is equal to later.
11:54 kf wahanui: forget then
11:54 wahanui kf: I forgot then
11:55 kf then is <reply>
11:55 amt ok
11:55 kf wahanui is our bot, don't get confused by him
11:55 Amit_Gupta heya kf ;)
11:56 amt i am getting prb to install koha in ubuntu 11
11:56 kf hi Amit_Gupta
11:56 kf amt: for ubuntu you might want to consider the debian packages
11:56 kf amt: it's the easiest way to install koha
11:56 kf and will make it very easy to update too
11:56 kf debian packages?
11:56 amt let me know the procedure
11:56 kf debian packages are at
11:57 kf there is also a wiki page explainign about it
11:57 amt ok
11:57 slef edinburgh!
11:57 wahanui edinburgh is for sure now
11:57 slef wahanui: have a botsnack :)
11:57 wahanui :)
11:57 kf[…]on_Debian_Squeeze
11:57 slef kf: email address?
11:58 jwagner slef, speaking of Edinburgh, roughly when do you anticipate having dates, details, etc. available?  Next month or so?
11:58 slef jwagner: when they're ready.
11:58 jwagner It would be nice to get a jump on airfare etc....
11:59 slef Seriously, we a little bit at the mercy of mercenary venues. I don't think we have a co-op venue that would give us preferential treatment.
11:59 druthb joined #koha
11:59 slef yeah, I appreciate that
11:59 druthb o/
11:59 kf hi druthb :)
11:59 slef we'll get the basic dates / part of the city together first
11:59 druthb hi, kf. :)
11:59 Amit_Gupta heya slef
12:00 jwagner OK, will look forward to it.  I'm hoping/planning to go
12:01 slef I'd like to have dates by kohacon11 if we can but nYAAAAAAAAARGH :)
12:01 Amit_Gupta heya jwagner
12:01 Amit_Gupta jwagner: ru coming
12:01 jwagner Hi Amit_Gupta.  Not coming to this year's, but hoping for next year's
12:03 kf slef: thx :)
12:03 amt768 joined #koha
12:04 kmkale hi druthb
12:04 amt768 hello there
12:04 druthb hi, kmkale! :)
12:04 amt768 j
12:05 amt768 I have not found the solution to install koha on ubuntu 11.04
12:05 amt768 any body guide me to do so
12:05 kf I have posted you the link a bit earlier:[…]on_Debian_Squeeze
12:06 kf there is the wiki page, and the packages are under
12:06 kf when downloading koha there are also files named INSTALL.* with installation guides for various distributions
12:06 amt768 procedure not working as in link
12:07 magnuse there are also PPAs for ubuntu:
12:07 amt left #koha
12:07 matts_away is now known as matts
12:08 Judit joined #koha
12:08 Judit hi
12:08 kf hi Judit :)
12:09 Judit ehm, z39.50
12:09 kf not hi but z39.50? :)
12:09 Judit i have set it up in koha but i receive server acces denied
12:09 Judit yesyes
12:09 Judit i knw
12:09 Judit z39.50 is the new ji:)
12:09 Judit hi
12:10 Judit didnt you know?
12:10 kf no!
12:10 magnuse it is? wow! ;-)
12:10 kf I am so not up to date
12:10 magnuse me neither
12:10 Judit well, it is almost tmorrow here
12:10 kf right, that explains it
12:10 kf :)
12:10 Judit :D
12:11 Judit so
12:11 kf z39.50 download into koha or accessing a koha db from outside via z39.50?
12:11 Judit any idea why is this error message Server access denied
12:11 Judit using this to test
12:11 Judit from outside
12:11 Judit
12:12 kf hm
12:12 jwagner Judit, are you sure the incoming port is open at your firewall?
12:12 kf firewall perhaps?
12:12 Judit nope
12:12 kf could be the reason
12:12 Judit i can ping the port
12:13 kf perhaps some authentication mode activated?
12:13 jwagner You can ping it from outside your network?
12:13 Judit yes
12:13 Judit i can
12:13 kf I have never used this feature :(
12:14 jwagner Have you verified the Koha database name and port number?
12:14 Judit and the error is acces denied
12:14 Judit oh yes
12:14 Judit i have
12:15 magnuse hm, i think it's possible to set a password for z39.50?
12:15 Judit it is
12:15 Judit but i didnt
12:15 magnuse ah, ok
12:15 Judit nice try :)
12:15 magnuse have you tried connecting to it from localhost?
12:16 slef Judit: test with yaz-client ?
12:16 slef like magnuse suggests :)
12:16 Judit yaz-client?
12:16 wahanui yaz-client is the next debugging step....
12:16 Judit what is yaz-client?
12:16 wahanui well, yaz-client is the next debugging step....
12:16 slef part of the indexdata zebra tools
12:16 kmkale #koha can i have a show of hands to see who are attending kohacon11?
12:16 slef let me find a better link so I can tell wahanui something more useful
12:17 oleonard joined #koha
12:17 magnuse
12:17 Judit yaz-client!
12:17 wahanui rumour has it yaz-client is the next debugging step
12:17 slef wahanui: forget yaz-client
12:17 wahanui slef: I forgot yaz-client
12:17 slef wahanui: yaz-client is
12:17 wahanui OK, slef.
12:17 Judit dont go anywhere, i will be back
12:18 slef tough, I'm going to lunch and then out!
12:18 magnuse i'm stuck here...
12:18 Judit lunch? it is pretty late for lunch :)
12:18 Judit yz cient says permanent system error
12:18 Judit wow, i dont like yaz-client
12:19 slef you might also find "sudo netstat -pn --udp --listen" useful
12:19 magnuse hm, that sounds like it might be a problem with the config, somehow
12:19 slef it'll show if yaz is listening
12:19 slef zebra, not yaz
12:19 slef Judit: yay timezones
12:20 Judit :)
12:20 Judit slef it is kinda other way around now with the 2 of us
12:21 Judit re timezones
12:23 Judit it that TCP not an UDP by any chance?
12:23 magnuse Judit: back to basics: zebra is up and running, right? you can search in the opac and get hits?
12:23 Judit sure
12:23 Judit it is
12:23 Judit i can search, receive valid result
12:24 magnuse cool, that was the solution for me once, so just checking ;-)
12:24 Judit :D firts thing i have checked
12:24 magnuse yay!
12:25 Judit <listen id="mergeserver">tcp:@:11001</listen>
12:25 Judit do i need this?
12:27 * magnuse never touched that...
12:27 Judit :) wow
12:29 magnuse ?
12:30 Judit i should stay away from it- i guess
12:31 miguelxercode joined #koha
12:31 miguelxercode left #koha
12:31 nengard I'm looking for some report help
12:31 nengard I have need the number of items added to the collection in a time period by collection code
12:31 pastebot "nengard" at pasted "report help" (21 lines) at
12:32 nengard i have a working report and a non working report
12:32 nengard i'm missing something simple I'm sure
12:32 nengard kf around?
12:32 Judit have you ever seen something like this:
12:32 Judit 23:30:25-13/10 10faf7b5 [request] Auth none
12:32 Judit 23:30:25-13/10 10faf7b5 [request] Init ERROR 1 ID:34 Name:LC/CNIDR zclient/gateway Version:2.0
12:32 jcamins_away GROUP BY in the wrong place.
12:33 jwagner nengard, here's one I use for previous month by item type -- you can adapt for ccode:
12:33 magnuse Judit: where is that from?
12:33 jwagner SELECT items.itype, count(items.itemnumber) as ItemsCreated FROM items WHERE (items.dateaccessioned like concat(date_format(LAST_DAY(now() - interval 1 month),'%Y-%m-%')))  GROUP BY items.itype
12:33 magnuse i'm trying to take some notes here:[…]s_a_Z39.50_server
12:33 Judit zebrasrv -v all -1 -f ...koha-conf.xml
12:34 jcamins_away nengard: I'm running late, so I can't give you the new report, but the issue is the GROUP BY.
12:34 Judit yyyy-mm-dd)>> group by ccode
12:34 Judit this is missing from the second query
12:34 Judit first
12:36 NateC joined #koha
12:36 kf nengard: here
12:37 kf all solved?
12:37 nengard jwagenr th problem with your report is that it doens't look at the items that were deleted
12:37 nengard jcamind there are two group bys in there
12:37 nengard i added a third and it didn't work either
12:37 nengard kf not solved
12:38 kf ok, what was the question?
12:39 Amit_Gupta heya nengard
12:39 nengard "nengard" at pasted "report help" (21 lines) at
12:39 nengard I need the number of items added to the collection in a time period by collection code
12:39 nengard to accurately get the number that were added i need to check on those items that were deleted as well
12:41 Judit anyone for zebrasrv -v all -1 -f ...koha-conf.xml?
12:42 magnuse is that all the output you get?
12:42 Judit i ahve more
12:44 magnuse Judit:
12:44 Judit coming
12:45 pastebot "Judit" at pasted "zebralog" (69 lines) at
12:45 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.4.5 is now available; Next General IRC Meeting 16 November 2011 at 02:00 UTC+0 | |
12:46 kf nengard: looking now
12:47 talljoy joined #koha
12:47 kf nengard: goal is a list of  ccodes with counts?
12:47 nengard yes
12:48 kf hmm
12:49 magnuse Judit: and port 2103 is the one you are using?
12:50 Judit yes
12:51 nengard making kf think :)
12:51 kf hm I think I have an idea
12:51 kf paste coming
12:52 kf
12:53 magnuse Judit: this looks like a similar problem, maybe?[…]ember/001149.html
12:53 nengard kf - we might have it! let me test on another system
12:53 kf cool :)
12:53 Judit let me have a look
12:54 kf I think ah, but perhaps this is still wrong
12:54 kf hmhm
12:54 nengard kf it's only showing 1 ccode
12:54 kf yep
12:55 kf better version coming
12:55 kf
12:55 kf and it will only afford to give the dates once
12:56 kf for perf issues you have to ask ian - my databases are too small to care
12:56 nengard kf that seems to work and I love that it's only asking once!!!
12:56 Judit magnus, not really
12:56 Judit no
12:57 nengard kf i'll test on a bigger db and see what happens :)
12:57 magnuse Judit: could you let us have a look at you koha-conf.xml, minus the juicy bits?
12:58 Judit just a sec magnus
12:59 kf nengard: only a fair warning - for me pretty everything is fast. so I don't have much experience with optimizing :)
12:59 magnuse Judit: are you using the debian packages?
13:00 Judit yes i am
13:00 nengard kf it seems to run just fine! Thank you so much! sometimes I get stuck and only see what's in front of me and not what else it could be
13:03 maximep joined #koha
13:04 kf nengard: I know that feeling
13:04 kf nengard: sometimes you need another set of eyes or just someone to eplain the problem to
13:05 Amit_Gupta left #koha
13:06 tcohen joined #koha
13:06 magnuse Judit: how did you change koha-config.xml to enable z39.50?
13:06 Irma left #koha
13:06 magnuse Judit: i can't see the usual "uncomment this to enable"...
13:08 Judit with xmlstarlet
13:09 Judit is there any change to blame it on eythian? (the package) :) i wonder
13:09 oleonard nengard: Could you add a screenshot to Bug 7019?
13:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7019 normal, P5, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW , Circulation History Sort Order Wrong
13:10 kmkale left #koha
13:10 nengard oleonard done
13:11 oleonard Thanks. That's weird.
13:19 Judit magnus is a hero- officially
13:20 magnuse yay
13:21 kf magnuse++
13:21 kf Judit: I agree, he is :)
13:21 druthb magnuse++
13:21 * magnuse blushes
13:21 oleonard Sort by date is broken when the column has mixed date and text content
13:22 druthb left #koha
13:22 oleonard So, for instance, the sorting isn't broken if the user has nothing currently checked out
13:28 marcelr left #koha
13:28 trea joined #koha
13:30 Callender joined #koha
13:32 sekjal joined #koha
13:44 Judit thanks for all the help, good night!
13:44 Judit z39! :)
13:45 magnuse g'night Judit
13:46 Judit left #koha
13:46 tcohen hi  #koha
13:46 dschust1 joined #koha
13:47 tcohen its been a long time, congrats to those elcted for 3.8
13:47 hdl hi tcohen
13:51 BobB left #koha
13:51 BobB joined #koha
13:54 dschust1 Hey all...  I am doing some testing on different features and documenting a few things locally I have 3.03 running with a copy of my database and I have up and running a copy of what I think is 3.4.5 but it could be master(I think I cloned it from git) - everything is fine until I go into admin and select any of the options say circ/fine rules
13:55 wizzyrea what's it doing
13:55 dschust1 When I do one of the options my screen just shows stuff that I can't figure out what it is.  hmmm I need to connect it to the network and screen shot... and share.
13:56 wizzyrea ya, "shows stuff that I can't figure out what it is" isn't an error we can troubleshoot really :/
13:56 hdl jing
13:56 wizzyrea ^^
13:56 dschust1 all powerful wizzyrea just can't see my screen?...
13:57 kf she can do magic, but probably not that :)
13:57 kf wizzyrea: seen my note about the support provider's list?
13:57 wahanui I haven't seen 'my', kf
13:59 oleonard wahanui has his own kf?
13:59 wahanui i haven't a clue, oleonard
13:59 kf hehe
14:00 mib_ep1dnc joined #koha
14:00 magnuse in pootle, is there a way to see what rights are assigned to nobody and default?
14:00 magnuse i'm looking at http://translate.koha-communit[…]_permissions.html but it only shows my permissions
14:00 ropuch Let me look
14:00 magnuse oops, that's http://translate.koha-communit[…]_permissions.html
14:01 ropuch You should have drop down just under your nick
14:01 ropuch In permission section
14:01 magnuse yeah, and when i choose e.g. nobody, nothing happens
14:02 magnuse does that mean nobody has no permissions?
14:02 mib_ep1dnc whew back.
14:03 mib_ep1dnc hmm odd name...
14:03 mib_ep1dnc Schuster
14:03 wahanui Schuster is probably a fan of hawaiian shirts
14:03 mib_ep1dnc only at conferences.
14:03 mib_ep1dnc
14:04 mib_ep1dnc This is what I see when I go into circ/fine rules
14:04 mib_ep1dnc Not all of the preferences seem broken, but it could be my data I guess...  It migrated fine though to 3.3...
14:04 ropuch magnuse: don't know
14:04 ropuch bbl
14:07 oleonard mib_ep1dnc: Is that supposed to be a screenshot? I see garbled characters.
14:08 mib_ep1dnc Yep that is what I see when I go into circ rules.
14:08 magnuse it's copy/paste i think?
14:09 kf hm doesn't open for me
14:09 kf or still waiting...
14:10 oleonard mib_ep1dnc: You see this?
14:11 magnuse that's what i see too, at least
14:13 kf same here
14:13 mib_ep1dnc left #koha
14:13 kf looks really weird
14:13 kf hm 3.3 - after tempalte change?
14:15 schuster2 joined #koha
14:15 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6949] can't remove owner from budget <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6949> / [Bug 7024] Can't delete other library's messages to the patron with AllowAllMessageDeletion on <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7024>
14:16 oleonard schuster2: You see this on your screen?
14:17 oleonard schuster2?
14:18 schuster2 yep!
14:18 schuster2 I'm trying to snag a screen shot of the about page and share it too.
14:19 oleonard schuster2: If you see that garbage on your screen it has nothing to do with your version. Your installation is broken somehow
14:21 schuster2 I was afraid of that...  hmmmm guess I will have to play some more...  I was wondering if it could just be the templates, but will go and do some exploration...
14:21 schuster2 Thanks
14:21 schuster2 left #koha
14:22 libsysguy joined #koha
14:22 libsysguy morning #Koha
14:25 kf morning libsysguy :)
14:38 paul_p magnuse: ???
14:39 miguel joined #koha
14:41 miguel hello all
14:42 paul_p hi miguel
14:43 tcohen hi miguel
14:43 kf hi paul_p and miguel
14:45 libsysguy ok So i have a question about lists on the opac-results page
14:46 libsysguy when you click save on that form there is supposed to be a popup
14:46 libsysguy where is that code, becuase I am not getting the popup to save
14:47 kf hm I think you have to chooose an option first
14:47 kf I know I have asked about this too
14:47 kf yep
14:48 kf you have to select list or cart first
14:48 libsysguy from where kf?
14:50 JesseM joined #koha
14:50 juan_sieira joined #koha
14:51 oleonard libsysguy: From the "add to" menu
14:51 libsysguy[…]
14:52 libsysguy the Add to list: medu?
14:52 libsysguy menu**
14:53 libsysguy I have cart maybe thats why I don't see that option
14:54 nengard FB has changed it's policies related to pages - this means that the Koha FB page won't be auto fed with Koha news - I have a way around it but I need you all (those of you on FB) to go to this link: and validate me as the 'author' - I'm hoping there is a link on that page for you to do that, I'm not seeing it but it might be because I'm the one trying to get 'author' status
14:54 oleonard libsysguy: you'll see the option if you're logged in.
14:54 jwagner left #koha
14:56 magnuse nengard: done - i got your pic and name and "is this the author yes/no"
14:56 libsysguy hmm I'm logged in and I just get Add to list: -> Your lists: {my lists}
14:56 nengard thanks magnus
14:57 libsysguy but when I select one and click save I should get an popup right?
14:57 nengard i'll add more authors once it's approved
14:57 nengard kind of annoyed at FB right now
14:57 magnuse nengard: now it says "Received 3 of 6 confirmations."
14:57 nengard change the design all you want but don't screw with my functionality
14:57 wahanui nengard: that doesn't look right
14:57 libsysguy who's not annoyed with facebook
14:57 wahanui left #koha
14:57 wahanui joined #koha
14:57 nengard we just need two more confirmations :)
14:58 nengard anyone on FB willing to click the magic link?
14:58 bg left #koha
14:58 bg joined #koha
14:58 rhcl[…]ng-language-dies/
14:58 libsysguy what is the link
14:58 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6913] Improving koha-list and koha-create <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6913>
14:59 magnuse is now known as magnus_afk
14:59 nengard
14:59 libsysguy done
15:00 Guillaume left #koha
15:03 nengard thanks
15:03 nengard one more
15:03 wahanui one more is better than one less but yeah they should be the same
15:04 dschust1 ok I think you made it.
15:08 wizzyrea someone wants me to put the book "TURTLES IN YOUR POCKET
15:08 wizzyrea this makes me giggle.
15:17 libsysguy oleonard I think I see the issue
15:17 libsysguy if you don't have the book bag enabled then it never calls the cartList function
15:18 libsysguy which I think you need for lists too
15:20 oleonard I think you're right libsysguy. If you file a bug I'll work on it.
15:22 sophie_m left #koha
15:24 oleonard Or are you working on a fix libsysguy?
15:25 julian_m left #koha
15:25 libsysguy well I'm not exactly tracking master
15:26 asaurat left #koha
15:28 libsysguy oleonard to fix it i basically just removed the if opacbookbag
15:28 libsysguy i don't know why it was there in the first place
15:28 libsysguy maybe somebody just got tt happy
15:33 oleonard Did the command line syspref editor make it into master?
15:35 * oleonard finds it
15:37 matts is now known as matts_away
15:37 dschust1 oleonard - where did you find it?
15:37 oleonard misc/admin/koha-preferences
15:37 dschust1 thanks
15:38 juan_sieira_ joined #koha
15:38 kf bye all :)
15:38 kf left #koha
15:40 miguel left #koha
15:40 juan_sieira left #koha
15:44 sekjal I think I've successfully removed C4::Items dependency on C4::Reserves
15:49 miguel joined #koha
15:51 wizzyrea \o/
15:51 reiveune bye
15:52 reiveune left #koha
15:52 sekjal going to have to do all kinds of tests to prove whether or not that makes any speed improvement, but it certainly doesn't hurt
15:54 Johnindy joined #koha
16:00 miguelxercode joined #koha
16:00 dschust1 oleonard - about my problem earlier - for some reason some of my templates were corrupt.  I copied them over and they seem to be fine now...  who knows.
16:00 miguelxercode left #koha
16:00 oleonard Copied them over? I thought it was a git install?
16:03 dschust1 Ok I'm going to show my stupidity here...  After I git the files, I have always run a full install process to install it in /usr/share/koha
16:04 oleonard You should be using git to put the files in the same location that you run your installation
16:05 oleonard Are you following the INSTALL file?
16:05 dschust1 INSTALL.debian
16:05 wahanui i think INSTALL.debian is at​koha.git;a=blob;f=INSTALL.debian
16:08 oleonard Good.
16:08 dschust1 So what I did was git clone git:// kohaclone - which pulls the files to my local server.  Then I use the instructions for INSTALL.debian to "install" my system.
16:08 oleonard Right, but you shouldn't move the files from where git puts them
16:09 dschust1 I have never fully understood how to install a "test" system other than that.
16:09 dschust1 I put the kohaclone as a directory of its own - but when I run make and make test - it puts the files in /usr/share/koha
16:10 dschust1 My problem earlier - was that the in /kohaclone/koha-tmpl/intranet-​tmpl/prog/en/modules/ - was ok but the "copy" that was placed at:
16:12 oleonard I don't understand why there would be a copy...doesn't make sense to me.
16:12 dschust1 as
16:13 dschust1 usr/share/koha/intranet/htdocs/intr​anet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/ was corrupt
16:13 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7019] Circulation History Sort Order Wrong <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7019>
16:13 dschust1 All I know is when I compared those two the second one started with ULL - so I copied it and now it works fine.
16:16 cait joined #koha
16:16 cait hi #koha
16:17 rhcl hi #cait
16:17 cait hi rhcl :)
16:17 rhcl koha cait - has a certain ring I think
16:17 cait :)
16:19 dschust1 Well thanks again community I have a 3.4.5 version up and running to play with...  talk again soon.  I have to go pickup a storyteller at the airport for our Annual Lonestar Storytelling Festival this weekend in Frisco Texas!  Bil Lepp - nationally acclaimed liar!
16:20 dschust1 left #koha
16:22 miguel left #koha
16:23 oleonard I wonder if there are libraries that would like a separate preference for opac and staff virtual shelves
16:40 cait oleonard: I think it would be nice to make them more granular
16:40 cait oleonard: what I dream of is activting/deactivating open/public/private by category...
16:40 * oleonard too
16:41 oleonard I guess that means we should just do it :P
16:42 paul_p better and better = define groups that you share your shelves with
16:43 oleonard One step at a time!
16:43 bg heya oleonard and paul_p :)
16:45 oleonard Hi bg
16:46 cait oleonard: I amwilling ot help :)
16:46 cait oleonard: I stared at the code for lists for a while... beofre 3.4... but need some help there
16:47 oleonard Yeah, the lists code is hard (for me)... It was done in a style not very much like other Koha sections
16:51 * cait nods
16:51 cait I had system preferences done... and all, but couldn't figure out the logic
16:51 cait I think some of it could be less complicated now with TT
16:51 cait because we can check for tihngs more easily
17:01 jcamins_away cait: "Holding library" works.
17:02 druthb joined #koha
17:02 paul_p left #koha
17:05 nengard is now known as nengard_lunch
17:08 cait hi jcamins_away :)
17:08 hdl oleonard: some libraries ask for independent shelves between branches.
17:09 cait another good point
17:13 Johnindy_ joined #koha
17:17 tcohen left #koha
17:21 Johnindy left #koha
17:24 jcamins_away bug 6553
17:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6553 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , Parentheses in corporate author break tracings
17:31 adnc joined #koha
17:32 trea is there a syspref to show only available items by default in the opac search?
17:32 cait no
17:32 cait in the result list?
17:32 cait you can limit to available items
17:32 wizzyrea that would be awesome tho
17:33 cait perhaps you could construct something to add that parameter to the url always?
17:33 trea mmmk
17:33 wizzyrea well, show where? on the detail or results?
17:35 wizzyrea you might be able to nuke out rows in the items detail based on keyword
17:35 wizzyrea with jquery
17:35 wizzyrea (but I haven't tried it)
17:37 trea yes, sorry in the results list
17:39 juan_sieira joined #koha
17:41 trea is now known as trea_lunch
17:41 juan_sieira_ left #koha
17:42 nengard_lunch is now known as nengard
17:46 nengard need more report help if possible - i need a report to show me the patrons who have email addresses who aren't receiving the holds email
17:46 pastebot "nengard" at pasted "report" (12 lines) at
17:46 rangi slef: when you say 3.8 on bug 7022 do you mean 3.6 ?
17:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7022 normal, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW , should sample_notices_message_attributes and sample_notices_message_transports move to mandatory?
17:47 nengard that paste of mine isn't working ? obviously
17:47 rangi answer is yes, if someone sends a patch to do it
17:47 cait I can
17:48 cait it's only moving the files, right?
17:48 cait txt and sql?
17:48 rangi should be
17:57 oleonard good morning rangi
18:01 cait oh, and hi rangi
18:01 trea_lunch kia ora rangi
18:01 JesseM_ joined #koha
18:02 rangi heya
18:02 JesseM left #koha
18:02 JesseM_ is now known as JesseM
18:12 juan_sieira left #koha
18:15 nengard cait, wanna help with another report?
18:16 nengard [13:45]  <nengard> need more report help if possible - i need a report to show me the patrons who have email addresses who aren't receiving the holds email
18:16 nengard [13:45]  <pastebot> "nengard" at pasted "report" (12 lines) at
18:16 cait sure :)
18:16 cait ah
18:16 cait haven#t we done that before?
18:16 cait it sounds very familiar
18:16 cait or I have done it for liz
18:16 nengard maybe you helped me write that ?
18:16 nengard I don't remember writing it :) but it's not working
18:16 nengard :(
18:16 cait i will look at it :)
18:17 cait only have a small database here
18:18 cait hm
18:18 nengard i'm okay if you get one result - i'm getting none
18:18 cait works for me
18:19 nengard you get people?
18:19 nengard hmmm
18:19 cait yep
18:19 nengard and grrr
18:19 nengard okay
18:19 nengard i'm out of ideas
18:19 nengard ideas
18:20 wizzyrea syntax error?
18:21 cait hm
18:21 cait check this
18:21 libsysguy nengard just wanted to let you know that you can probably close that ticket that margo submitted to bywater
18:21 cait
18:21 nengard cait i get no results and i have at least one patron who meets the criteria
18:21 libsysguy about list**
18:22 nengard i just changed their settings
18:22 cait ah
18:22 nengard libsysguy okay
18:22 cait does he have any other message preference set?
18:22 cait he has
18:23 nengard yes
18:23 libsysguy nengard also I wrote a script for overdue notices and fines that can go in the cron incase you have anybody wanting to send out more than 3 overdues...just set the cron on whatever frequency...let me know if you want a copy
18:23 nengard libsysguy talk to sekjal about that
18:23 nengard cait my patron is getting 2 other notices, but not holds
18:23 libsysguy is he around?
18:23 libsysguy seen sekjal?
18:23 wahanui sekjal was last seen on #koha 2 hours, 31 minutes and 20 seconds ago, saying: going to have to do all kinds of tests to prove whether or not that makes any speed improvement, but it certainly doesn't hurt [Thu Oct 13 15:51:12 2011]
18:23 cait ok
18:23 cait let me check something
18:26 cait does this make a difference?
18:26 cait
18:26 hdl left #koha
18:26 nengard i get results
18:26 nengard let me see if they're accurate
18:27 nengard looks like it's working!!
18:27 nengard let me try on the partner's system
18:27 nengard grrrr - still nothing for them
18:28 cait werid
18:28 sekjal libsysguy: new script?
18:28 cait what I would do
18:28 cait for the patron where you know it should show up
18:28 cait check the conditions
18:29 cait go through them and see where the difference is
18:29 nengard k
18:29 libsysguy yeah I am attaching it to the bug now
18:29 libsysguy basically just a little script to send out overdues and fines that you can toss in the cron
18:30 wizzyrea libsysguy: i'm sure that people have been wanting that for a while
18:30 wizzyrea to get more than 3 notices
18:30 libsysguy yeah I know I have been...poor margo was doing them all by hand with mail merges
18:32 libsysguy bug 6833
18:32 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6833 enhancement, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW , Notifications Rewrite
18:32 libsysguy there you go
18:34 rangi back
18:55 sekjal libsysguy:  first things I notice about the script are the hardcoded values
18:56 libsysguy you mean for the email values?
18:59 trea_lunch is now known as trea
18:59 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 3385] Add checkout date and renewal date to display list of checked out items <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3385>
19:00 francharb left #koha
19:05 oleonard So now if you submit the checkout form with no barcode instead of clearing the screen you get a print receipt popup. Can we turn that off?
19:05 * oleonard has a hate-hate relationship with that feature
19:07 maximep anyone ever had the error "oAuth error: Unsupported Use attribute (114) Heading-Main Bib-1" in the logs when searching authorities ?
19:07 maximep and no results
19:13 cait hm
19:13 cait there were problems with authority searching
19:13 cait but htought that had been fixed
19:13 maximep oh. I have a master from a few weeks
19:13 maximep maybe that's it
19:14 rangi back
19:14 rangi again
19:14 maximep or not. It seems to work on another db, but not on one imported from 3.2. /me is confused
19:14 cait hm
19:15 cait you have run the items script and things?
19:15 cait right?
19:15 cait after importing from 3.2?
19:15 cait should not affect authority searching though
19:15 cait is this a git install?
19:16 maximep yes
19:16 maximep the items script and things?
19:16 cait yes to git?
19:17 cait because the indexing files live in koha-dev
19:17 maximep yes, like I said, it's master from a few weeks
19:17 cait and a git pull will not update them
19:17 maximep oh ok
19:17 cait so the files could be older
19:30 druthb left #koha
19:34 libsysguy ok so I have a query question
19:34 libsysguy I am trying to pull the 001 datafield from marc
19:34 libsysguy and i keep getting a blank
19:34 libsysguy but if I just output the marc I see it
19:36 libsysguy i am running "select ExtractValue(marcxml,'//datafield[@tag="001"]') AS OCLC, i.itemnumber FROM biblioitems b join items i on b.biblioitemnumber=i.biblioitemnumber WHERE location="REFERENCE" limit 1\G"
19:37 sekjal libsysguy:  use 'controlfield' isntead of 'datafield'
19:37 libsysguy just saw that
19:37 libsysguy thanks sekjal
19:37 melia joined #koha
19:40 rangi hiya melia
19:41 miguelxercode joined #koha
19:42 phlunk3 joined #koha
19:42 phlunk3 morning o/
19:42 rangi hey phlunk3
19:43 rangi you're in tauranga eh?
19:43 phlunk3 yeap
19:43 oleonard We don't have a global date-and-time format function do we?
19:43 rangi C4::Dates
19:44 rangi has that stuff oleonard
19:44 maximep updating koha-dev/etc/zebradb worked. Thanks for the help cait
19:44 rangi
19:45 cait maximep: glad it helped :)
19:46 oleonard ...but not a shortcut like format_date
19:47 rangi well you have to parse the thing first
19:47 rangi its a 2 liner
19:47 rangi there is format_date_in_iso shortcut
19:48 rangi my $date1 = C4::Dates->new("09-21-1989","us");
19:48 rangi print $date->output("iso");
19:48 rangi etc
19:48 oleonard We don't even have a time format system pref, so doing time formatting would be presumptuous.
19:48 rangi yep
19:48 rangi thats something we should extend it to do at some point too
19:48 rangi however
19:49 rangi with bug 5549
19:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5549 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED , Hourly Loans
19:49 rangi we have started on the move to the Koha/ names space
19:49 rangi so extending the new Koha::Dates would be the way to go
19:49 * rangi blathers
19:53 libsysguy anybody know how bug 5549 is going as far as QA
19:55 sekjal libsysguy:  I have it installed locally, but I haven't started putting it through the wringer yet
19:56 libsysguy all patches should fear the wringer of sekjal
19:56 cait yeah really
19:56 cait he gives me some headache about analytics
19:58 oleonard Is someone working on a Fines overhaul atm?
19:58 cait i thought robin started on it
19:59 rangi yeah its underway
19:59 sekjal oleonard:  yes, eythian is working on that
20:00 rangi its also shifting to the Koha:: namespace
20:05 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 2601] Order fines by date and time <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2601>
20:06 oleonard So maybe in the meantime ^^
20:06 hdl joined #koha
20:06 rangi sounds good
20:07 rangi hacky
20:07 rangi but will work
20:07 rangi this will hang the makeaccounts
20:07 rangi for a second
20:08 rangi ie slow down the browser
20:08 rangi so how about
20:08 rangi we do something like now()+5
20:08 Guillaume joined #koha
20:09 sekjal rangi:  just tried your mod_perl configs for Koha
20:09 rangi did they work?
20:09 * oleonard is happy to have a better suggestion prompted by a hacky fix for a 3-year-old bug :)
20:09 rangi its been a long time since i looked
20:09 sekjal after some tweaking to fit my particular install, yes
20:09 rangi cool
20:09 sekjal I am finding some strangeness on circ/, though
20:09 rangi yeah its not mod_perl safe
20:10 sekjal the circ toolbar is coming up as links only, and the checkouts table is only the headings, not the actual checkouts
20:10 rangi because we dont clean up, we bank on the cgi dying and doing that for us
20:10 * chris_n heads home
20:10 sekjal but only the SECOND time a visit the page
20:10 rangi *nod*
20:11 sekjal rangi:  what would such a clean up look like?
20:11 rangi any variables that shouldnt be persistent need to become not persistent
20:12 rangi heres an example
20:12 rangi if (exists $sysprefs{$var}) {
20:12 rangi return $sysprefs{$var};
20:12 rangi }
20:12 rangi in C4/Context
20:13 rangi fixed by this
20:13 rangi sub clear_syspref_cache { %sysprefs = ();
20:13 rangi }
20:13 rangi which needs to be done anytime a syspref is changed
20:13 rangi those kinda things
20:13 rangi does that help?
20:13 sekjal a bit...
20:13 rangi if you look at set_preference now
20:13 rangi it doesnt do that
20:13 rangi so under mod_perl you cant change a preference without restarting apache
20:14 rangi (it will change in the db, not in ram)
20:14 rangi there are bound to be other things like that
20:14 sekjal checkouts seem to be
20:14 rangi its likely
20:17 hdl rangi : we did wome work on set_preference to update the hash...
20:17 hdl It is working.
20:17 collum left #koha
20:18 hdl[…]a116cd03cd85074ba
20:19 ropuch Evening #koha
20:20 octp joined #koha
20:20 rangi hdl: yep, i remember you and i did it at kohacon
20:20 rangi but its never made it into master
20:20 hdl this was even better.
20:21 rangi you should submit it up (wont make 3.6 obv) but no reason it cant make 3.8
20:21 hdl since it is updating a syspref when it is updated.
20:22 octp hi. I emptied the mysql dbs biblioitems, items and biblios and rebuilt the zebra index, but can find my records in the search? how do I reset my whole catalogue?
20:22 octp tables* :)
20:22 ropuch Can you recommend some perl web-automation module?
20:22 hdl just wanted to tell you in case anyone needed that.
20:23 hdl WWW::Mechanizer
20:23 hdl You can also use Test::WWW::Mechanizer
20:24 hdl Or SeleniumHQ which is recording your web browsing.
20:24 hdl and can generate PERL scripts
20:24 ropuch I'll check Selenium then, thx
20:25 rangi hdl: excellent
20:27 hdl any experience with spagoBI anyone ?
20:27 Guillaume left #koha
20:29 rangi oleonard: i was thinking date_add(now(),'5 seconds')
20:29 rangi might do it
20:29 rangi if you had time to test that?
20:29 rangi or 1 second
20:29 rangi or whatever
20:30 rangi then it shouldnt slow the script down
20:31 hdl rangi: you told you had some success with nginx, Plack and circulation any hint on the configuration you realized ?
20:31 oleonard Okay rangi, I'll give it a try
20:32 rangi hdl: just using nginx to serve static, and to proxy through to starman
20:32 rangi using the koha.psgi we worked on
20:32 oleonard left #koha
20:32 rangi what needs to be done is make it installable, and remove any memory leaks
20:32 hdl no problems of memory ?
20:33 rangi yes
20:33 rangi thats why its not ready for master yet
20:33 rangi there are still things that dont get cleaned up
20:33 hdl was that stable enough for production though ?
20:34 hdl (restarting the server via runit or monit could be done)
20:34 rangi yep
20:34 rangi its too fragile yet
20:34 nengard left #koha
20:34 rangi but it works if you are keeping an eye on it
20:35 rangi its not far away from production, early next year i hope
20:35 rangi once im not rm and have some time to actually work on code
20:35 rangi gotta package starman for debian etc too
20:37 rangi after the release would you like to have a meeting to talk about persistence, we can make a wip branch we can all push to
20:37 Guillaume joined #koha
20:41 hdl could be interesting... But could also be the place to a C4::Context and configuration....
20:41 hdl In order to add etc/httpserver/apache2/configuration etc/httpserver/nginx
20:42 rangi yep
20:42 hdl wonder how this could get with debian packaging.... debconf would help... But it should ask the good questions.
20:43 rangi there are 2 packages
20:43 rangi koha-common and koha
20:43 rangi koha-common asks you the questions as config switches when you create an instance
20:43 rangi koha
20:43 rangi is for running a single server
20:44 rangi that one would do the debconf questions and call the scripts provided by koha-common
20:48 hdl maybe one day I can play more with that.
20:50 rangi hdl: make eythian spend some time with paul and julian at kohacon :) get him to show them the tricks and then they can show you
20:50 rangi :)
20:52 maximep left #koha
20:52 * gmcharlt is going to be annoying for a second
20:52 gmcharlt @arewethereyet
20:52 huginn gmcharlt: Not yet - wait 9 days
20:53 * gmcharlt will review patches as penance ;)
20:55 JesseM left #koha
20:57 rangi :)
21:06 sekjal left #koha
21:10 Guillaume left #koha
21:10 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7022] should sample_notices_message_attributes and sample_notices_message_transports move to mandatory? <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7022>
21:15 miguelxercode left #koha
21:16 Brooke joined #koha
21:16 Brooke kia ora
21:17 rangi heya Brooke
21:17 rangi jo was after you on twitter
21:17 Brooke eh oh
21:18 rangi :)
21:23 magnus_afk is now known as magnuse
21:23 magnuse g'night #koha
21:23 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6519 : Changing analytic searches from Title: to ti,phr <[…]9c3dfd394b6047f85>
21:23 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
21:25 jenkins_koha Starting build 477 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
21:26 adnc left #koha
21:27 hdl left #koha
21:27 NateC left #koha
21:30 Judit joined #koha
21:30 Judit morning
21:30 Brooke morena!
21:33 Judit i need coffeeee
21:33 cait wb Judit :)
21:36 Judit wb?
21:39 wizzyrea wb is welcome back
21:39 wizzyrea :)
21:39 Judit omg
21:40 Judit it is that early for me :)
21:41 Judit but thanks cait
21:42 rhcl Anybody know Brice Stanley by chance?[…]ter/sipapi.module
21:42 rangi not me
21:45 trea left #koha
21:45 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: bug 5780 followup: RIS export now includes all URLs <[…]c3f8dfb56bf74e755> / Bug 5780 - Export the URI as part of a RIS export <[…]2b2978b1bd088a885>
21:47 Brooke left #koha
21:55 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7027] Corrections to German web installer txt files <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7027>
21:56 libsysguy left #koha
22:07 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6807 - Add ISBN filter to advanced order search. <[…]9a4a6972a861fa9ca>
22:09 octp left #koha
22:13 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #477: SUCCESS in 48 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/477/
22:13 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: Bug 6519 : Changing analytic searches from Title: to ti,phr
22:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6519 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , Analytic links should use ti,phr
22:13 jenkins_koha Starting build 478 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
22:23 bg @wunder 93109
22:23 huginn bg: The current temperature in K6LCM - Westside / Mesa, Santa Barbara, California is 31.9�C (3:22 PM PDT on October 13, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 32%. Dew Point: 13.0�C. Pressure: 29.70 in 1005.6 hPa (Falling).
22:23 bg damn check that rangi
22:24 bg @wunder wellington nz
22:24 huginn bg: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 14.0�C (11:00 AM NZDT on October 14, 2011). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 63%. Dew Point: 7.0�C. Pressure: 29.77 in 1008 hPa (Steady).
22:24 rangi dizzam!
22:24 bg yeah was 35 here yesterday
22:24 rangi @wunder vancouver
22:24 bg in October
22:24 huginn rangi: Error: No such location could be found.
22:24 bg heh
22:24 rangi @wunder vancouver, ca
22:24 huginn rangi: Error: No such location could be found.
22:24 rangi you dumbhead
22:24 bg @wunder vancouver, bc
22:24 huginn bg: The current temperature in Vancouver, British Columbia is 11.0�C (3:00 PM PDT on October 13, 2011). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 8.0�C. Pressure: 30.20 in 1023 hPa (Falling).
22:24 rangi thanks :)
22:24 rangi hmm
22:24 rangi i best pack a warm jacket
22:24 bg ah that's cold - heh
22:25 bg come visit here again chris :)
22:25 rangi june eh?
22:25 bg yeah
22:25 bg totally
22:26 rangi :)
22:26 rangi if hte dates work, doing ALA then kohacon or vice versa would be excellent
22:27 cait but scotland beats ala, right? :)
22:27 rangi in a pinch
22:27 rangi but lets hope it doesnt come to that
22:40 bg ah yeah - would should let slef know
22:40 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bumping database version <[…]91e4b63fcaf3bfb02> / Bug 6825 OpacNav menu hide user menu on page <[…]fec16d506fa8f217f>
22:45 bg rangi it's almost too hot for a shaggy puppy here
22:46 rangi isnt it supposed to be going into winter?
22:46 bg he's slower today - but we went for a great run this morning when it was cool
22:46 rangi on the beach?
22:46 bg yup - but around here we don't get winter
22:46 bg on the beach oh yeah
22:46 rangi cool
22:46 rangi tis a good beach
22:46 bg we get a few weeks of cold - but that hovers between 7 and 14 :)
22:47 rangi right so never cold cold
22:47 bg yeah - I can wear shorts during the day in the winter here
22:48 bg I think my favorite email to read is always from Git repo owner
22:48 rangi heh
22:51 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bumping database version <[…]00b9898ac75fe7481> / Bug 6862: Duplicate VOKAL Book icons <[…]af48e283212d7a49a>
22:51 bg git_repo_owner++
22:51 rangi ohh bug 6070
22:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6070 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , On a new order defined from suggestion some fields were missing.
22:52 rangi glad thats fixed
22:52 rangi thats the next on my list to test and push
22:53 cait hm 6070?
22:54 rangi hmm no
22:54 rangi thats wrong
22:54 rangi 6970
22:54 rangi bug 6970
22:54 wahanui bug 6970 is the weirdest bug I've seen in a whlie
22:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6970 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , logout not redirecting to login page
22:55 cait hehe
22:55 cait wahanui botsnack butterkeks
22:55 wahanui :)
23:02 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #478: SUCCESS in 48 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/478/
23:02 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 5780 - Export the URI as part of a RIS export
23:02 jenkins_koha * gmc: bug 5780 followup: RIS export now includes all URLs
23:02 jenkins_koha * amit.gupta: Bug 6807 - Add ISBN filter to advanced order search.
23:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5780 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , RIS format export not exporting URI field
23:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6807 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, amit.gupta, ASSIGNED , Add ISBN filter to advanced order search
23:02 jenkins_koha Starting build 479 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
23:06 cait left #koha
23:21 miguelxercode joined #koha
23:29 miguelxercode left #koha
23:31 Judit left #koha
23:47 talljoy is now known as talljoy_dinner
23:49 NateC joined #koha
23:50 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #479: SUCCESS in 48 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/479/
23:50 jenkins_koha * f.demians: Bug 6825 OpacNav menu hide user menu on page
23:50 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bumping database version
23:50 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 6862: Duplicate VOKAL Book icons
23:50 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bumping database version
23:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6825 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, NEW , OpacNav menu hide user menu on page
23:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6862 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED , Duplicate VOKAL icons can cause problems on Windows file system

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary