IRC log for #koha, 2011-10-06

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 thd-awa`` joined #koha
00:00 thd-away` left #koha
00:00 thd-awa`` left #koha
00:00 thd-away` joined #koha
00:02 mtj bah,  iSteve has died ?!?
00:03 wizzyrea ya
00:04 thd-awa`` joined #koha
00:04 thd-away left #koha
00:06 Judit joined #koha
00:06 Judit hi
00:06 wahanui hi, Judit
00:07 Judit
00:07 Judit is this an old news?
00:08 thd-away` left #koha
00:09 wizzyrea no maam
00:09 wizzyrea just happened
00:09 wizzyrea today
00:11 rangi wow
00:12 ibeardslee rangi: doesn't follow #catalyst does he?
00:12 rangi nope
00:12 rangi aka #trollytrolltrolltrollers
00:13 Judit he was a kinda asshole, but he was a genius
00:13 ibeardslee yup
00:13 rangi *nod*
00:13 wizzyrea ya
00:14 wizzyrea when iphone was the only touchscreen smartphone, I had one - it was revolutionary.
00:14 ibeardslee same here
00:14 wizzyrea i know that my android phone would not be what it is without the influence of the iphone
00:14 wizzyrea so for that I am grateful.
00:14 wizzyrea same with my android tablet
00:14 wizzyrea though I never had an iPad
00:15 Judit yeah he changed the world
00:15 ibeardslee wizzyrea: I think mainly because of the "see it can be done"
00:15 wizzyrea ^^ this, yes
00:16 mtj yeah, apples stuff mostly 'just worked'
00:16 wizzyrea *nod*
00:16 eythian wizzyrea: the iphone was never the only touchscreen phone, their marketing just made you think that
00:17 wizzyrea naw, it was the only one that worked properly
00:17 wizzyrea the rest -- you wouldn't want to use it
00:17 mtj i wasted a decade using MS crapware, that sometimes worked
00:17 wizzyrea I know it wasn't the only touchscreen smart phone
00:24 Judit1 joined #koha
00:28 Judit left #koha
00:29 Irma left #koha
00:40 Soupermanito joined #koha
00:45 eythian left #koha
00:47 Irma joined #koha
00:47 eythian joined #koha
01:04 novice joined #koha
01:06 novice Hello everyone, I have a question about MARC record import, the Author's name is not a mandatory field and therefore when a MARC record is imported into the library, the author's name does not come across (even when typed in). How can I make it mandatory?
01:07 jcamins novice: I think you have a different problem, because whether or not a field is mandatory has nothing to do with it being imported.
01:07 wizzyrea ^^
01:07 wizzyrea you type too fast. :)
01:08 jcamins In fact, if you made the author mandatory, it would cause you very big problems as soon as you had a work with a corporate author.
01:08 jcamins Or a work with no author at all.
01:09 novice Ok thanks, so you are saying that the best practice is not to have the Author field mandatory?
01:09 jcamins That is correct.
01:09 novice Great, thanks for the info.
01:10 jcamins As for why you don't have the author appearing after importing records, are you sure your old system is exporting real MARC?
01:10 wizzyrea uh, for the record: i'm totally cool shepherding circulation
01:10 wizzyrea in re: to the meeting this morning
01:12 jcamins What?
01:12 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6974] MARC21 Leader plugin no longer auto-fills the 000 field <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6974>
01:14 wizzyrea swapping out the bugzilla default asignees
01:14 melia left #koha
01:21 mtj hey, i'm very happy we managed to get a perltidy style accepted
01:21 eythian what was it in the end?
01:22 mtj i thought stupidity might win, for a bit there... but no :)
01:22 mtj larry-wall style
01:22 eythian oh good, second best to pbp imo.
01:22 eythian mostly because it's very similar.
01:22 mtj aka perltidy -nopro
01:22 eythian that's the default for perltidy with no options?
01:22 eythian ah
01:23 mtj yeah.. ill take that as a win, too ;)
01:23 mtj yep
01:23 eythian and actually is relevant to perl, that's a definite thing going for it, too.
01:26 mtj ... now we get to discuss who/when/why old code gets tidyfied
01:27 eythian I think that just tidying a block as you work on it is best, avoids messing up git history everywhere.
01:27 eythian using the vim bindings, it's pretty quick and easy.
01:28 mtj yeah, i agree on that 'safe' option
01:28 * rangi too
01:29 eythian also, to do everything you'd have to have a commit freeze, or everyone would have a billion conflicts.
01:29 mtj people just need to learn how to get perltidy to clean selected-blocks, on their editor
01:30 mtj using perltidy always removes stupid whitespace junk, from files too
01:31 wizzyrea mtj: if you write a wiki page of recommendations, that might help
01:31 wizzyrea that way we can point people to it
01:31 eythian wizzyrea: already done
01:31 wizzyrea oh
01:31 wizzyrea right sorry
01:31 mtj oops, using perltidy removes whitespace errors too
01:31 eythian <-- at least, a start
01:32 wizzyrea well and I knew that there were coding guidelines
01:32 wizzyrea is that doc still relevant?
01:32 eythian probably not really
01:32 jcamins eythian: that might cause a bit of debate.
01:32 eythian jcamins: naw, it's all true
01:33 * jcamins agrees with you, of course.
01:33 eythian it's also objective. It says so.
01:33 rangi i fixed it
01:33 * eythian tends to tidy a block before he starts working on it, it reduces chances of making mistakes due to bad indenting.
01:34 rangi now covers all cases
01:34 eythian you made it subjective! shame on you!
01:34 rangi hehe
01:39 rangi you ppl all know about
01:39 rangi git show --word-diff=color
01:39 rangi eh?
01:39 jcamins No, what's it do?
01:39 rangi try it :)
01:39 rangi its cool
01:39 rangi makes reading diffs a lot easier
01:40 rangi git diff --word-diff-color works too of course
01:40 eythian that is pretty nice
01:40 rangi yup
01:40 eythian it's all christmasy
01:40 rangi heh
01:40 rangi its good for finding what actually changed
01:40 jcamins Hm. I wonder why it doesn't work on this other VM.
01:40 rangi when all that changed was one letter
01:40 rangi old git maybe
01:41 novice left #koha
01:41 jcamins Right you are.
01:41 jcamins :)
01:47 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6975: OPACBaseurl instead of OPACBaseURL <[…]1756e68d2558c59f2>
01:54 jenkins_koha Starting build 455 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
02:02 Brooke joined #koha
02:03 Brooke 0/
02:03 rangi hey bus driver
02:03 * Brooke laughs.
02:03 * Brooke is sorely tempted to draw up pools based on Release Rolls.
02:03 eythian pedestrians are even less safe!
02:04 Brooke argh roles.
02:10 Brooke England France?
02:10 Brooke also
02:10 Brooke Wales Éireann?
02:10 rangi england
02:10 rangi wales
02:10 Brooke chur ya think?
02:11 rangi unless france suddenly stop hating each other and decide to play as a team
02:11 Brooke it has been known to happen
02:12 Brooke I think the Boks might lose to the West Islanders, but the Oirish could best em, so who knows...
02:13 rangi depends, the aussie forwards are hopeless
02:13 rangi i mean the US scored a try, from a scrum
02:13 Brooke crouch
02:13 Brooke touch
02:13 Brooke pause
02:13 Brooke ENGAGE
02:13 rangi if the boks play it tight and smash up the middle
02:14 rangi they'll win
02:14 rangi thats how england will beat france too
02:14 * Brooke crosses ye olde fingers.
02:14 rangi boring rugby
02:14 rangi but effective
02:15 Irma left #koha
02:16 Brooke I think I might be forced to go to a pub for Cymru Éireann
02:22 Judit1 left #koha
02:29 mtj
02:29 mtj read ok?
02:30 eythian npro, not nopro
02:30 eythian according to the man page
02:31 eythian maybe also add "...unless it's really terrible" to the bit about not refactoring other code :)
02:31 mtj ta
02:32 mtj eythian, um yeah, ok :)
02:33 Judit joined #koha
02:33 mtj i'm the 1st person *itching* to tidy all that terrible terrible wonky code :p
02:34 eythian heh
02:36 * Brooke is tempted to crash the party that is surely happening in someone else's flat...
02:42 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #455: SUCCESS in 47 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/455/
02:42 jenkins_koha ian.walls: Bug 6975: OPACBaseurl instead of OPACBaseURL
02:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6975 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, ian.walls, NEW , OPACBaseURL called as OPACBaseurl in many templates
02:44 Judit left #koha
02:54 Judit joined #koha
02:56 Irma joined #koha
03:04 Judit left #koha
03:06 Irma left #koha
03:08 Brooke left #koha
03:08 eythian hmm found one default perltidy thing I don't like: two-space indents when continuing a statement on the next line.
03:10 jcamins eythian: what would you do instead?
03:11 eythian 4-space indents
03:11 jcamins Ah.
03:12 Soupermanito left #koha
03:36 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5459] merging records loses holds from one <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5459>
03:42 * eythian gets to reformat a whole file as its indenting was so bad it was causing bugs.
03:45 jcamins The _indenting_ was causing bugs?
03:46 jcamins Which file?
03:46 huginn left #koha
03:46 eythian jcamins:
03:46 jcamins Ah. Haven't had the misfortune of looking at that one.
03:46 eythian not the indenting specifically, but the whole middle chunk is supposed to be indented by a level and isn't
03:47 eythian so I wasn't sure why there was another block at the bottom, and deleted it as it didn't make sense.
03:47 eythian So the indenting made me make bugs :)
03:48 jcamins Ah.
03:50 phlunk3 left #koha
03:51 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
03:57 gmcharlt left #koha
04:02 wajasu indenting makes people do funny things
04:07 ibeardslee eg python
04:09 eythian heh
04:09 eythian funny cos it's true
04:32 Tyree left #koha
05:01 cait joined #koha
05:03 fa joined #koha
05:05 cait morning #koha
05:06 fa hello, tell me if can I put Koha in the usual hosting server?
05:07 cait fa: usual web hosting will not work I think, you need a server
05:08 cait you will need to be able to use perl, mysql, cronjobs...
05:09 fa I do not have enough money to hire experts, if you can show the way to do it. thanks
05:13 cait there are lots of manuals on the wiki and in koha
05:13 cait I can't do better than that
05:13 cait if you download koha look out for the INSTALL*files that come with it
05:15 fa thanks a lot cait!
05:15 fa left #koha
05:18 Callender left #koha
05:26 rangi hi cait
05:26 cait hi rangi :)
05:26 bg heya ciat
05:26 bg AHH
05:26 bg cait:
05:26 bg heh
05:26 cait hi bg :)
05:27 * bg types too fast
05:27 cait np
05:41 Callender joined #koha
05:50 ropuch Morning #koha
05:53 cait morning ropuch :)
06:03 laurence joined #koha
06:03 phasefx left #koha
06:03 ropuch cait: I'm not sure, but I remeber 3rd action to chose when uploading .po file to pootle
06:04 cait a merge thing?
06:04 ropuch Rather something like overwrite
06:04 Callender left #koha
06:04 cait I think fredericd says it kills pootle because our files are too big
06:04 cait ah
06:04 cait it#s a permission thing I think
06:04 cait perhaps ask fredericd about it
06:04 cait I have no access to give you rights
06:04 ropuch So you have the right for german translation?
06:05 ropuch Yea, I know, just wasn;t sure if I just imnagined it being there
06:06 ropuch I've spend couple of ours correcting fuzzy translation i polish and - without "overwrite" option
06:07 ropuch I just don;t feel like sspending even more hours going over my corrected terms and aproving them, as they are now showed as suggestion ;>
06:09 cait I will check
06:10 cait I can do overwrite
06:10 cait merge
06:10 cait and add all new as suggestions
06:10 ropuch Ha!
06:11 ropuch So I remeber it right - i had overwrite permission earlier
06:13 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
06:16 ropuch cait: so fredericd is the one to bother about pootle permissions?
06:16 cait he is current and new translation manager
06:16 cait you can write to the koha-translate mailing list
06:16 ropuch I will
06:19 magnuse kia ora #koha
06:19 magnuse eythian still around?
06:20 alex_a hello #koha
06:20 ropuch Hi magnuse, alex_a
06:20 magnuse hiya alex_a and ropuch
06:20 mtj hah, i had a chuckle at the 'Non-technical questions' mail thread...
06:20 magnuse :-)
06:20 alex_a hi ropuch, magnuse :)
06:21 cait cookies!
06:21 wahanui Cookies are delicious delicacies
06:26 ropuch Oh, 'non-technical' still alive? ;>
06:27 cait wahanui botsnack cookies
06:27 wahanui thanks cait :)
06:28 mtj http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]se-td4873696.html
06:37 magnuse mtj++ # for perltidy info on the wiki
06:39 cait mtj++
06:41 mtj next to update the file...
06:41 mtj[…]b;f=xt/perltidyrc
06:45 reiveune joined #koha
06:46 reiveune hello
06:48 rangi hi reiveune
06:49 cait hi reiveune
06:49 magnuse hi reiveune
06:49 reiveune hi rangi, hi cait
06:49 reiveune hi magnuse
06:49 wajasu i'm trying to ascertain if there is something up with my barcode label printing.  could someone search for a author Jürgen and print a barcode label to pdf.  then using a hex editor (or od -x -c the.pdf | less)  see if the ü is C3BC or F9?
06:50 wajasu oh, and whether the label showed ü or two other characters instead.
06:52 wajasu i do: select author,HEX(author),CHAR_LENGTH(author) from biblio where HEX(author)
06:52 wajasu like '3BC%';  to see  lines like:  Moltmann, Jürgen.  | 4D6F6C746D616E6E2C204AC3BC7267656E2E | 17
06:52 wajasu in the DB.
06:55 wajasu So currently i see C3BC in the labels, and get two characters in my PDF.   Is that what others get? C3BC  in the PDF?  or do you get F9, which maps to the latin1 ü just fine.
06:57 cait left #koha
06:57 matts_away is now known as matts
06:58 wajasu is what I've described in Bug2246 not really exists for others?
07:05 hdl joined #koha
07:10 paul_p joined #koha
07:11 magnuse kia ora hdl and paul_p
07:12 paul_p hello magnuse
07:13 christophe_c hello all
07:15 hdl left #koha
07:15 Guillaume joined #koha
07:16 hdl joined #koha
07:20 marcelr joined #koha
07:20 marcelr morning koha
07:23 julian_m joined #koha
07:23 hdl left #koha
07:23 julian_m hello
07:23 wahanui salut, julian_m
07:23 julian_m hi wahanui
07:23 wahanui salut, julian_m
07:23 hdl joined #koha
07:25 paul_p hi marcelr & welcome to the Koha team as QA assistant !
07:25 clrh_ hello
07:25 marcelr hi paul_P
07:26 kf joined #koha
07:27 hdl thanks for your involvement.
07:27 kf good morning #koha
07:28 marcelr hi kf
07:28 kf hi marcelr :)
07:28 alex_a kf: o/
07:28 kf and hi alex_a :)
07:28 alex_a :)
07:33 paul_p left #koha
07:35 clrh joined #koha
07:36 clrh_ left #koha
07:41 sophie_m joined #koha
07:42 clrh_ joined #koha
07:44 clrh left #koha
07:48 paul_p joined #koha
07:49 sophie_m left #koha
07:50 francharb joined #koha
07:50 francharb left #koha
07:55 phasefx joined #koha
08:00 sophie_m joined #koha
08:08 Callender joined #koha
09:14 sophie_m1 joined #koha
09:14 sophie_m left #koha
09:15 chris_n` joined #koha
09:15 chris_n is now known as Guest12730
09:15 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
09:21 Guest12730 left #koha
09:36 Irma joined #koha
09:44 clrh joined #koha
09:45 clrh__ joined #koha
09:45 clrh__ left #koha
09:45 clrh__ joined #koha
09:52 clrh_ left #koha
09:53 clrh left #koha
10:06 magnuse bugzilla down?
10:15 Judit joined #koha
10:15 sophie_m1 it works for me magnuse
10:16 magnuse for me too, thanks
10:22 matts is now known as matts_away
10:23 juan_sieira joined #koha
10:26 kf hi magnuse :)
10:26 magnuse guten tag kf
10:33 magnuse it's on! (in kiribati)[…]bug_squashing_day
10:36 ropuch So bug squashing officialy started 35 minutes ago? ;>
10:38 magnuse nah, it's a never ending quest, of course...
10:38 magnuse but gbsd started 38 minutes ago
10:39 ropuch I mean gbsd of course ;>
10:39 magnuse ;-)
10:40 magnuse well, it's October 7th in the timezone of your choice, and if you choose kiribati it started 40 minutes ago, to be precise
10:49 * kf cheers
10:51 magnuse @later tell wizzyrea: can you add owen as bug wrangler here?[…]ase-team-elected/
10:52 Brooke joined #koha
10:52 Brooke 0/
10:53 magnuse \o
10:53 ropuch \o/
10:53 magnuse oh no, where's huginn?
10:53 Brooke God morgen.
10:55 kf vacation?
10:55 kf hi Brooke
10:55 Brooke guten morgen!
11:05 sekjal joined #koha
11:06 julian_m left #koha
11:06 Brooke ahoy sekjal
11:06 sekjal howdy, Brooke
11:07 magnuse kia ora sekjal
11:07 kf hi sekjal :)
11:08 sekjal kia ore, magnuse kf
11:11 Brooke
11:18 ropuch Closely reminds me of my sanskrit courses ;>
11:18 Brooke it should
11:18 Brooke some of it is the same :)
11:18 ropuch Yup
11:19 ropuch It's been so long time ago I hardly remember anything
11:19 Brooke you prolly have the same issues I have with Italian occasionally.
11:19 Brooke I bet you remember half the alphabet at least
11:19 Brooke which is much better than me :D
11:19 ropuch I'm not so sure ;>
11:23 juan_sieira_ joined #koha
11:24 Brooke 0/
11:25 juan_sieira left #koha
11:30 francharb joined #koha
11:30 francharb left #koha
11:39 jwagner joined #koha
11:44 hdl left #koha
11:45 matts_away is now known as matts
11:47 Judit left #koha
11:50 collum joined #koha
11:55 * chris_n nearly has koha from master running on win32 again, fwiw
11:55 Brooke noice
11:56 chris_n a few changes and it "should" be a simple as doing an install on *nix
11:56 chris_n well
11:56 chris_n almost
11:57 jcamins_away That would be impressive.
11:58 kf yes :)
11:58 nengard joined #koha
12:00 hdl joined #koha
12:00 Brooke nengard
12:00 nengard Brooke
12:04 Brooke left #koha
12:09 julian_m joined #koha
12:12 julian_m_ joined #koha
12:12 julian_m left #koha
12:17 oleonard joined #koha
12:21 paul_p sekjal: around ?
12:22 sekjal paul_p:  yes
12:22 paul_p sekjal: I don't understand = "Only two trivial bugs that are signed off right now:". I see 71 bugs signed-off & waiting QA !
12:22 sekjal yes, but only two of those are marked 'trivial'
12:23 clrh__ left #koha
12:23 clrh joined #koha
12:23 paul_p well, some are not marked trivial but are in fact
12:23 hdl left #koha
12:24 sekjal ah
12:24 sekjal I was being literal
12:24 hdl joined #koha
12:24 sekjal :)
12:25 paul_p for example 6076
12:25 paul_p the patch is trivial, but it fixes a "normal" bug
12:25 kf bug 6076
12:26 nengard is there a bug report for the item barcode not incrementing anymore? or is it just my system?
12:26 kf hm no wahanui?
12:26 kf nengard: I think there were some fixed about that - I have seen problesm with branchcode + incremented value
12:26 kf and I think the plugins in serials have problems
12:26 * paul_p is a fan of "git bz" !
12:26 sekjal paul_p:  yup, that looks pretty straight forward
12:27 paul_p very handy to test a patch !
12:27 sekjal marking as Passed QA
12:27 nengard love git bz!!
12:27 oleonard It's huginn we're missing
12:27 nengard kf, i'm on master as of 3 min ago ? but it's still not working
12:27 nengard any idea on the bug number?
12:28 oleonard huginn left and took gmcharlt with him (or perhaps vice versa)
12:28 kf git_bz++
12:28 kf nengard: hmm. let me check
12:28 magnuse @karma git_bz
12:28 magnuse gah
12:28 * kf misses huginn so much
12:29 oleonard Now we know what it will feel like after the robot rebellion
12:29 magnuse ouch
12:30 sekjal oleonard:  got a proposed patch from Srdjan on bug 6974
12:30 sekjal[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6974
12:30 oleonard Yup, testing now
12:31 sekjal cool; logically, it does what my testing did, so I think it'll work
12:31 kf nengard: try a search for ALL autobarcode in bugzila
12:31 oleonard sekjal: it's clear that the auto-fill works again on blank records. Anything else you think I should check? Side-effects?
12:31 kf 5659 looks like my candidate
12:31 nengard wooo hoooo
12:31 nengard bug 5459 signed off finally :)
12:32 nengard sekjal go to QAing it :) hehe
12:32 nengard thanks kf
12:33 sekjal oleonard:  do updates to the leader save correctly?
12:34 sekjal that may be independent of this particular fix, but it'd be worth noting
12:35 nengard kf, i don't have branchcode on my barcode ? i'm going to report a new bug
12:36 nengard kf bug 6981
12:37 nengard for those on facebook - who love dogs:[…]s/132289780205791
12:37 nengard :)
12:39 sekjal 5459 looks good (reading the code)
12:39 sekjal could be improved when we finally get reservenumber primary key added to the table, but until then, uses the best logic we have
12:40 nengard and has ben tested like 8 times :)
12:43 magnuse[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6953 is a real simple one, just adding one character and only affects normarc, hint, hint ;-)
12:45 sekjal magnuse:  6953 passed QA
12:45 magnuse yay, thanks sekjal!
12:46 JesseM joined #koha
12:48 sekjal oleonard:  thanks for test 6974.  passed QA
12:50 Topic for #koha is now Global Bug Squashing Day is underway:[…]bug_squashing_day | Koha 3.4.5 is now available; Next General IRC Meeting 5 October 2011 at 10:00 UTC
12:50 nengard bug 6210 signed off
12:51 nengard how do we get huginn back?
12:51 oleonard Find gmcharlt I think
12:54 sekjal I think 5459 may have yet another issue
12:59 nengard no no no :(
13:00 sekjal testing now
13:00 oleonard I sent gmcharlt a briefcase of unmarked bills
13:00 sekjal but, if a borrower happens to have a hold on both records being merged together....
13:01 gmcharlt joined #koha
13:02 paul_p is it me or bugzilla must be freed like huginn ?
13:02 gmcharlt paul_p: it's also running on a linode .. so possible
13:03 huginn joined #koha
13:03 gmcharlt @quote random
13:03 huginn gmcharlt: Quote #153: "<rangi> merging code in git doesn't make me angry, I just think back to svn and cvs, and git could punch me in the face and it would still be better" (added by gmcharlt at 07:49 PM, September 13, 2011)
13:03 juan_sieira joined #koha
13:05 sekjal nengard:  the merge works even if a borrower's got a hold on both titles
13:05 sekjal however
13:05 nengard WOO HOO
13:05 nengard that was one test i didn't do
13:05 juan_sieira_ left #koha
13:05 sekjal the holds list for that title will have weirdness if a borrower is on there twice
13:06 sekjal (borrowernumber, biblionumber) is the only key we've got
13:06 gmcharlt paul_p: I checked, bugzilla works for me
13:06 sekjal and if that's duplicated.... kaboom
13:06 gmcharlt does is still not work for you?
13:06 paul_p gmcharlt: ok, works
13:06 gmcharlt cool
13:07 gmcharlt oleonard: negotiations have successfully concluded
13:07 oleonard You're a regular Kevin Spacey gmcharlt.
13:08 nengard sekjal so it fails?
13:08 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6466] hung socket read causes SIP tests to fail <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6466> / [Bug 6817] In, downloading the overdues as a file ignores the filters if the page isn't in english. <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6817> / [Bug 6977] Support for repeated subfields when importing an authority into a biblio record field. <http://bugs.koha-community.o
13:08 sekjal nengard: hmm... I can't seem to produce a kaboom by perturbing the list order
13:08 nengard :) that's a good thing ? right?
13:08 sekjal yes, that's good
13:08 sekjal will try filling some holds, see how that affects it
13:08 nengard k
13:09 nengard i tested with item level holds and next available holds
13:09 nengard and hols that are waiting and in transit
13:09 nengard brb
13:10 nengard linux experts, is there a way to set up my debian VM to get the right date and time everytime it restarts? automatically?
13:11 thd-away joined #koha
13:11 * oleonard would think it would already be configured to do so automatically...
13:12 thd-awa`` left #koha
13:12 * oleonard is not being helpful, is just muttering
13:12 NateC joined #koha
13:13 sekjal nengard:  marking a hold as 'waiting' with multiple borrowers entries is a bit problematic
13:13 gmcharlt nengard: ntpd
13:13 sekjal gmcharlt (or anyone else):  how about running a VM in accelerated time?
13:14 sekjal so one hour in the real world is a day on the VM's clock
13:15 Johnindy_ joined #koha
13:15 oleonard Gotta Inception up that VM
13:15 gmcharlt nengard: to expand, 'sudo apt-get install openntpd' will do what you want
13:16 gmcharlt sekjal: serious question?  I suppose advancing the system clock with a cronjob could simulate it, at least roughly
13:17 thd-away` joined #koha
13:18 sekjal gmcharlt:  yes, serious.  I want to run usage simulations, but I'm impatient
13:18 sekjal I'd like to be able to collect a year's worth of simulated data in a less than year
13:18 sekjal perferrably much less
13:18 nengard thanks gmcharlt trying now
13:19 nengard gmcharlt "Package openntpd is not available, but is referred to by another package."
13:20 thd-away left #koha
13:22 Johnindy left #koha
13:23 gmcharlt nengard: try an apt-get update, then the apt-get install openntpd
13:23 gmcharlt also, which version of Debian?
13:24 nengard i know i should know that ?
13:24 nengard how do i find out?
13:24 gmcharlt /etc/debian_version will tell
13:24 nengard 6.0
13:25 nengard after an update it still gives me the same error message
13:26 gmcharlt sekjal:[…]09.html#warpguest looks interesting
13:27 oleonard sekjal: Your other option is to leave your VM on Earth and accelerate away at near the speed of light
13:28 nengard :)
13:28 gmcharlt Koha ... In ... Spaaaaaace!
13:28 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6616] Move common table pager markup to include <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6616>
13:28 sekjal NateC?
13:28 wahanui I LIKE SPACE AND MY WIFE
13:28 nengard LOL
13:29 NateC HA
13:29 NateC well, I do :)
13:29 nengard better be more than like!!
13:30 NateC your right I love space :)
13:30 nengard oooooo
13:30 nengard you're in trouble ;)
13:30 NateC bahahhahah
13:30 nengard I'm gonna tell!!
13:30 NateC and I LOVE MY WIFE
13:30 nengard there you go
13:31 nengard now i have to open the door for coda cause she doesn't seem to understand that mommy doesn't like her fingers to freeze off!!!
13:31 nengard brb
13:31 nengard gmcharlt - any other idaes on my time thing?
13:32 sekjal gmcharlt:  that looks like a good starting place, thank you!
13:32 gmcharlt nengard: couple things
13:32 gmcharlt first, see if your /etc/apt/sources.list contains backports
13:32 gmcharlt e.g., a line like this
13:32 gmcharlt deb squeeze-backports main
13:32 gmcharlt if it doesn't, add it, then do an apt-get update
13:33 gmcharlt if that does help, an alternative to to apt-get install chrony
13:33 gmcharlt sekjal: glad to help - looks like the term to google if you're using another host would be "time warp", believe it or not
13:34 nengard no backports
13:34 nengard and i did do the update
13:34 nengard let me do it one more time
13:34 * oleonard votes to pass 5459
13:34 Danielle \0
13:34 nengard +1
13:34 nengard gmcharlt chrony is working
13:35 nengard :)
13:35 nengard thanks!
13:38 marcelr left #koha
13:43 thd-away joined #koha
13:43 maximep joined #koha
13:46 thd-away` left #koha
13:48 tcohen joined #koha
13:49 wajasu can someone verify the behavior of diacritics not printing in barcode labels as I am trying to understand if its only true for my system. see bug 2246 comment 16. it seems to work for kf, but not for me unless i apply my patch.
13:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2246 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, cnighswonger, NEW , Label printing doesn't work with Unicode characters
13:50 kf wajasu: I am not sure when i fill find time to test - i am sorry
13:50 kf have you tried creating a new record and printing that?
13:50 kf perhaps copying umlauts from wikipedia or somewhere else?
13:57 druthb joined #koha
13:57 druthb o/
13:58 * druthb is hoping for a jQuery god or goddess:  On the main Authorities screen, one site wants to default that to "search main heading".  I've tried using .addClass/.removeClass, but it doesn't appear to be working.  Anyone played with that one?
14:01 kf hmmm
14:01 kf druthb: how urgent do you need it?
14:02 druthb They're not freaking about it, but would like to get it done and off my plate.
14:02 kf tonight ok?
14:02 druthb oh, absolutely!
14:07 gmcharlt druthb: .removeAttr/.attr ?
14:07 gmcharlt the selected attribute is, well, an attribute, not a class
14:07 druthb oh-hoh.
14:08 druthb Tried this, and that doesn't fly, either:
14:08 druthb $("#authority_search").attr("ui-tabs-hide");
14:08 druthb $("#main_heading").removeAttr("ui-tabs-hide");
14:08 oleonard You can also say $('#header_search > ul').tabs('select', 1); , but then you have to figure out how to only trigger it on that page
14:09 gmcharlt doh, /me was looking at the wrong thig
14:10 oleonard if($("#authority_search").length > 0){
14:10 oleonard $('#header_search > ul').tabs('select', 1);
14:10 oleonard }
14:11 druthb That's got it!
14:11 druthb oleonard++
14:11 gmcharlt oleonard++
14:12 kf oleonard++ :)
14:12 oleonard Working with the tabs is tricky because it's an old jqueryUI version. They seemed to change the syntax for that with every upgrade for a while
14:18 trea joined #koha
14:23 wajasu kf: i created a new book with Jürgen in the author field and printed the barcode label and got two chars. no umlaut.
14:24 kf hm
14:24 kf weird
14:38 wajasu maybe its a mysql setting or perl thing. my only option is to set up a vm with debian and compare. i'm interested in knowing if your mysql db has C3BC in the author field as comment 16 mentioned.
14:39 wajasu it might just be that i'm running on archlinux and something in the character food chain is gumming up the works.
14:40 kf wajasu: I am not sure how this can be tested
14:40 kf and I am really short on time this week
14:43 * oleonard hates configuring Apache so much... So many places for something to go wrong...
14:48 juan_sieira_ joined #koha
14:49 hdl left #koha
14:50 juan_sieira left #koha
14:55 Guillaume left #koha
14:56 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
14:57 * wizzyrea got distracted looking at the quotes generated by bugzilla
15:04 * druthb waves to wizzyrea!
15:05 wizzyrea hi druthb :D
15:08 talljoy_away left #koha
15:20 jwagner left #koha
15:22 sophie_m1 left #koha
15:23 kf left #koha
15:29 julian_m_ left #koha
15:41 JoeLib001 joined #koha
15:42 cait joined #koha
15:42 JoeLib001 I am trying to add a local subject in the 690 field, but the a field is locked. Anyone know what I should be doinng?
15:43 wizzyrea you probably have an authority on for it?
15:45 JoeLib001 I hate to sound totally inept, but I really don't know. :-)
15:45 wizzyrea naw, not inept :)
15:45 wizzyrea lemme see if I can find the proper bit of the docs... sec
15:46 cait wizzyrea: rangi fixed the blog entry
15:46 cait in case you wondered :)
15:46 wizzyrea ?
15:46 wizzyrea ok
15:46 wizzyrea i guess I didn't know what was broken about it
15:48 JoeLib001 I have a list of subjects that I need to assign to each of my records. Should I be creating an authority record for each subject?
15:50 nengard when is the string freeze?
15:50 wizzyrea 8th
15:50 nengard aka how long do i have to write help files ?. OH CRAP
15:50 nengard okay
15:51 nengard will get it done this week then
15:51 ropuch wizzyrea: what time zone is this 8th? ;>
15:51 nengard making good progress
15:51 JoeLib001 They are not standard subjects as far as I can tell. I will be pulling from them to create an alphabetical list by subject of my collection. I am in the process of moving our Serials from EOS Glas to Koha and that is one of the things I am supposed to make functional.
15:51 wizzyrea it ends when the last time zone leaves the 8th ;)
15:51 ropuch wizzyrea: kk
15:52 laurence left #koha
15:54 melia joined #koha
15:55 reiveune bye
15:55 reiveune left #koha
15:57 JoeLib001 I found this statement. "In order for a cataloger to be able to add or edit a heading in the bib
15:57 JoeLib001 record without being *required* to open a popup window for each
15:57 JoeLib001 heading, BiblioAddsAuthorities must be turned on." Would that mean it would remove the lock and let me add the subjects I want?
15:58 wizzyrea that or you need to modify your framework to make sure the 690 field doesn't require authority
15:58 wizzyrea sorry to be so in and out - i'm at a workshop today
15:59 ropuch How can I properly view manual.xml from kohadocs?
15:59 wizzyrea you mean, how to edit it?
15:59 wizzyrea it's in docbook format
15:59 wizzyrea so you'd probably want a docbook editor
15:59 wizzyrea there are some open source ones
16:03 matts is now known as matts_away
16:04 JoeLib001 Awesome! :-) Thanks wizzyrea. I edited the Framework and changed TOPIC_TERM to nothing in the Thesauras option for the 690 field.
16:04 wizzyrea yay!
16:05 oleonard paul_p: Université de Limoges is using a custom template? They need to duplicate it for English speakers too!
16:05 ropuch wizzyrea: and then I need to generate some html-or-whatever from the xml to see "readable" version of manual?
16:05 wizzyrea right
16:05 paul_p hi oleonard, yep, they have a fully customised/local set of templates. We've explained the pain they'll face, they are ready to face it !
16:05 wizzyrea there's a linux tool docbook2html
16:06 nengard ropuch can you not read the manual that's online in HTML already?
16:06 ropuch Oh, sure I can
16:06 paul_p & i'm not sure they're interested in translating into english. Limoges is a small city, a small university, maybe they don't have english native students.
16:06 wizzyrea oleonard - link?
16:06 ropuch nengard: I'm thinking about translating some parts of it, so i reached for the source [;
16:07 oleonard paul_p: Maybe not a whole translation, but because I was shown the English version automatically I didn't see their design
16:07 nengard awesome! well you can translate the XML and submit the translation to the docs list
16:07 nengard so that others can benefit from it
16:07 oleonard
16:07 wizzyrea ty
16:07 oleonard Switch to French to see their design
16:07 wizzyrea *nod*
16:07 wizzyrea oh puuurty
16:08 nengard very puuurty
16:08 sekjal ooooooh
16:08 paul_p yikes ! strange ! they worked directly in fr-FR scope ! silly they !
16:08 * paul_p will warn our project manager immediately !
16:08 sekjal browser language auto-detect
16:08 wizzyrea well it's pretty anyway
16:08 paul_p sekjal: I know it's language auto-detect, what I missed is that their design was only in french !
16:08 sekjal paul_p:  ah
16:09 paul_p (as I see french by default ;-) )
16:09 oleonard Very nice design, it should be seen by English speakers too! :)
16:09 ropuch :)
16:10 wizzyrea yea I like that a lot actually
16:10 ropuch Bookmarked, I'll show it to students as an example how can you further customzie Koha [;
16:11 oleonard ...but warn them that this is a custom template ropuch, with all the future upgrade issues which come along with custom templates
16:13 nengard is now known as nengard_lunch
16:13 paul_p in the french design, you'll notice : "Catalogue BfM". It's the public library of Limoges. And you know what, they use Koha too ;-)
16:13 ropuch Nice nice
16:13 paul_p Add Limoges history museum & a CNRS research laboratory, Limoges is a 100% Koha city ;-)
16:13 paul_p (all of them being BibLibre customers)
16:14 paul_p the only bad side : Marseille <=> Limoges = 7Hours !!!
16:14 paul_p (by train or car, no airlines)
16:14 ropuch You mean ping response? ;>
16:16 ropuch I wonder if they have similar customization in stuff interface
16:16 trea is now known as trea-afk
16:37 trea-afk is now known as trea
16:37 druthb left #koha
16:38 cait left #koha
16:42 paul_p sekjal: excatly 37 patches QAed this afternoon, from 71 that were pending. I'll continue tomorrow. If you can QA the BibLibre ones i'll be thankfull !
16:43 sekjal paul_p:  awesome, thanks!
16:43 sekjal next few weeks will be QA-palooza
16:44 paul_p mantra for today : sekjal-6328-sekjal-6328-sekjal-6328-​sekjal-6328-sekjal-6328-sekjal-6328- ;-)
16:44 paul_p QA-palooza ???
16:45 paul_p sekjal: QA-palooza ???
16:45 wizzyrea QA-palooza is a festival of looking at patches and a generally joyous expression of testing
16:46 sekjal
16:46 juan_sieira_ left #koha
16:46 wizzyrea QA-palooza is also a play on the Lollapalooza music festival
16:46 wahanui okay, wizzyrea.
16:47 * paul_p learned something today
16:47 wizzyrea lollapalooza was a big deal for us teens of the 90's
16:47 * wizzyrea never went, but knew people who did
16:49 * oleonard saw the very first incarnation when it was in Chicago (or nearby anyway)
16:51 nengard_lunch is now known as nengard
16:52 paul_p is now known as paul_away
17:08 cait joined #koha
17:08 cait hi all
17:08 Danielle Hi
17:09 wahanui hello, Danielle
17:10 rangi morning
17:10 oleonard is now known as oleonard-away
17:10 cait morning rangi :)
17:12 cait hi Danielle - sorry, wrong sequence
17:13 Danielle I see how I rate. ;)
17:13 Danielle No problem.
17:13 * Danielle has good news today.
17:13 Danielle First-round job interview went well.
17:14 cait grats :)
17:14 Danielle Thanks.
17:15 Danielle It was with the hiring manager who directly said he was going to have me in for an interview with the whole team.
17:31 fcapo joined #koha
17:31 Topic for #koha is now Global Bug Squashing Day is underway:[…]bug_squashing_day | Koha 3.4.5 is now available; Next General IRC Meeting 16 November 2011 at 02:00 UTC+0
17:45 JesseM left #koha
17:48 JesseM joined #koha
17:56 JoeLib001 left #koha
18:09 sekjal @tell later magnuse what's the NORMARC equivalent of MARC21's 773 or UNIMARC's 461?  Host Item Entry
18:09 huginn sekjal: Error: I haven't seen later, I'll let you do the telling.
18:09 sekjal @later tell magnuse what's the NORMARC equivalent of MARC21's 773 or UNIMARC's 461?  Host Item Entry
18:09 huginn sekjal: The operation succeeded.
18:10 trea any ideas how to hide the CallNumber in the masthead search via jquery?
18:10 trea was trying to use $("select[name='idx'] option:sixth").hide(); but that's no bueno
18:12 sekjal $("select[name='idx'].contains("Call Number")).hide(); ?
18:12 trea lemme try that
18:14 trea no luck, i'll keep fiddlin
18:18 cait let me take a look
18:19 cait hm
18:19 cait masthead - simple search in opac?
18:19 trea right
18:20 cait hm
18:20 cait sec
18:21 oleonard-away is now known as oleonard
18:21 cait $("option[value='callnum']").hide();
18:21 trea cait++
18:21 trea ty ty
18:22 cait :)
18:22 * oleonard will brb
18:22 oleonard left #koha
18:25 oleonard joined #koha
18:31 chris_n its awful quiet in here
18:32 rangi the bugs list isn't
18:32 rangi thats noisy :)
18:33 maximep probably my fault :/
18:33 rangi heh no its good noise
18:34 rangi lots passing qa
18:34 maximep well it's not for me
18:34 maximep lots of patches we had to change the status
18:34 maximep because turns out we should not have sent them
18:34 maximep :/
18:37 rangi ohhh crappy
18:37 cait :(
18:37 cait one of my favourites too it seems
18:37 rangi not tech issues eh? client ones?
18:38 maximep clients
18:38 maximep they have to have the features before we can send them
18:38 maximep so that means probably a few months
18:38 cait ?
18:38 cait perhaps you should change your strategy there
18:38 maximep hard to explain
18:39 rangi *nod* others have got into that situation before
18:39 rangi we write our contracts so we can't, but u can't go back in time
18:39 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6980] Existing extended patron attributes are shown on patron screens even when ExtendedPatronAttributes is disabled <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6980>
18:40 cait so you can't?
18:40 rangi you can?
18:41 sekjal lol
18:42 sekjal maximep:  sorry to hear you had to pull patches.  hopefully they'll be in a place where you can distribute them again soon
18:44 maximep at least we can send bug fixes. Better than nothing, I guess
18:45 rangi I guess main thing is try to keep them rebase on their own branches
18:45 rangi so when u are allowed easy to send
18:48 maximep yeah we keep everything in their branch
18:50 rangi sweet
18:55 rhcl_MLA joined #koha
18:55 rhcl_MLA ping wizzyrea
18:55 tcohen left #koha
18:55 rhcl_MLA ping rangi
18:56 Guillaume joined #koha
18:56 rhcl_MLA @seen joanne
18:56 huginn rhcl_MLA: I have not seen joanne.
18:57 rhcl_MLA @seen joann
18:57 huginn rhcl_MLA: joann was last seen in #koha 22 weeks, 0 days, 13 hours, 47 minutes, and 1 second ago: <joann> night all
18:57 rhcl_MLA @seen everybody
18:57 huginn rhcl_MLA: I have not seen everybody.
18:58 trea ok, in the Opac Search results, there is a little bit in the breadcrumbs div that says "kw,wrdl:<your search term>" - can you hide the "kw,wrdl:" bit?
18:58 rhcl_MLA @seen rangi
18:58 huginn rhcl_MLA: rangi was last seen in #koha 8 minutes and 15 seconds ago: <rangi> sweet
18:58 rhcl_MLA @seen wizzyrea
18:58 huginn rhcl_MLA: wizzyrea was last seen in #koha 2 hours, 10 minutes, and 53 seconds ago: * wizzyrea never went, but knew people who did
18:58 wizzyrea sup rhcl
18:58 wizzyrea trea - probably
18:58 rhcl_MLA hey hey
18:59 rhcl_MLA hey hey rebecca Hammond here from Lawrence PL too, so met her
18:59 trea noice
18:59 rhcl_MLA what the heck...will resend
19:00 rhcl_MLA I'm here at MLA, and just attended a table talk about Kete. Rebecca Hammond from Lawerence PL was at the talk.
19:00 wizzyrea ah
19:01 rhcl_MLA It seems there is some interest by the Mo State Gen. Lib. about starting to use Kete
19:01 wizzyrea interesting
19:01 wahanui interesting is good
19:01 rhcl_MLA They had lots of questions about using Kete w/ Koha, et al
19:02 rhcl_MLA wish Joann was online...
19:02 wizzyrea ugh gotta go again
19:02 wizzyrea thought i might have some time to hang out
19:05 rangi sorry was getting off the bus
19:06 rhcl_MLA we just had a table talk discussion about Kete here at the Missouri Library Association annual conference
19:06 rangi cool
19:07 rangi were there some ppl using it there?
19:07 rhcl_MLA The attendees were really impressed that I could name-drop "Joann" and "Rangi"
19:07 rangi heh
19:08 rhcl_MLA The Missouri State Historical Society is apparently considering starting to use it, and wanted input from others.
19:09 rangi cool
19:09 rhcl_MLA also the Midwest Geneological Center at Mid-Continent Public Library
19:09 rhcl_MLA does anyone (Catalyst?) support Kete?
19:10 rangi catalyst dont no
19:10 rangi do you use twitter?
19:11 rhcl_MLA only when I have to
19:11 rangi send wtem a tweet
19:12 rhcl_MLA send who a tweet?
19:12 rangi wtem
19:12 Guillaume left #koha
19:12 rhcl_MLA ah, ok
19:12 rangi walter wrote kete, and still works on it
19:12 rhcl_MLA though that was a garble for "them"  :)
19:12 rhcl_MLA thought
19:13 nengard lots of easy sign offs needed on bug 6966
19:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6966 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, nengard, ASSIGNED , Update Help Files for Koha 3.6 Release
19:13 rhcl_MLA gotta go...
19:13 rhcl_MLA left #koha
19:14 nengard oops scared him away
19:14 rangi heh
19:16 Johnindy_ left #koha
19:19 nengard i have asked this before, but i'm trying again - has anyone gotten results from the holds statistics report - ever? cause I never have ? I don't have a help file for this one cause I've never seen it work
19:21 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6983] Item type filter on overdues report does not respect item-level_itypes preference <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6983>
19:22 oleonard ^ adding to the pile
19:22 rangi :)
19:22 oleonard nengard: I just tried it on our production system which should have lots of data. No results.
19:22 oleonard I'm guessing broken.
19:22 nengard exactly what i found
19:22 nengard on my system and a production system
19:22 nengard okay bug report
19:23 rangi hmm 19 passed qa
19:23 rangi i guess i know what im doing today
19:24 trea reposting:  in the Opac Search results, there is a little bit in the breadcrumbs div that says "kw,wrdl:<your search term>" - can you hide the "kw,wrdl:" bit?
19:24 wahanui i already had it that way, trea.
19:24 nengard Bug 6984 reported
19:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6984 critical, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Holds Statistics Doesn't Work
19:24 rangi trea: no, but we should
19:24 nengard :)
19:24 rangi thats dumb on the opac
19:24 rangi i vote we replace it with
19:24 rangi ah:asa:aiwdh111!#$
19:25 trea ^^^
19:25 trea rangi++
19:25 nengard hehe
19:25 cait hehe
19:25 rangi cos its about as useful to a borrower
19:25 cait I had complaints about that too
19:25 cait +1 for removing
19:25 nengard +1
19:25 rangi +1
19:25 trea +1
19:25 sekjal move to a hidden dev or an HTML attribute?  for debugging purposes?
19:26 rangi yeah hiddent div would be fine
19:26 cait hm, why div?
19:26 cait span?
19:26 oleonard HTMl comment?
19:26 rangi marquee
19:26 rangi its not used enough imho
19:27 oleonard heh
19:27 * oleonard wonders if Bug 6483 will make it in... haven't checked it in a while
19:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6483 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, salva, ASSIGNED , Paging in opac-detail when coming from a search
19:27 sekjal HTML_comment++
19:27 * rangi may have had too much energy drink this morning
19:27 trea WOOO! I'm a hummingbird!
19:27 * trea hovers
19:28 rangi hehe
19:29 rangi its still fair game at this point oleonard
19:29 cait trea?
19:29 trea cait?
19:29 wahanui cait is kf or a programmer or really sweet or a source of great chocolate or the purveyor of an infinite supply of virtual cookies or not sure we need the page(s)... but that might just be me or Ms. Cait to you.
19:29 cait I was wondering about the hummingbird
19:30 trea ah, the energy drinks
19:31 nengard oleonard i hope so - i love that feature
19:31 nengard it's NICE
19:32 melia is now known as melia_lunch
19:32 rangi does it introduce any new strings?
19:32 cait probably
19:32 oleonard It certainly introduces template changes, probably new strings
19:32 cait if it changes the template it will cause fuzzys
19:32 cait but nice
19:32 nengard but it made it in before the feature freeze
19:32 rangi then its got a couple of days
19:32 cait it's still possible
19:33 rangi before string freeze
19:33 rangi which is 24:00 UTC October 8
19:33 sekjal it sure would be nice if we had a readily accessible way of checking if a submitted patch introduces new strings
19:33 cait you  hve
19:34 cait take a complete po file
19:34 cait run perl translate update somelanguagecode
19:34 rangi yeah, it only takes about 5 mins to run
19:34 cait utc?
19:34 cait not my time zone?
19:34 cait ah,it's not that much, it runs pretty fast
19:34 rangi well, ill give a couple of hours leeway
19:34 cait at least on my new laptop :)
19:36 rangi nengard: you should should tom how to submit patches for documentation
19:36 rangi show even
19:36 rangi if you do it on the main list, we may even get more ppl :)
19:40 oleonard Oh sure, get all technical with them.
19:40 nengard is that the one who found my mistakes?
19:41 cait perhaps tell them to put text and reports on bugzilla?
19:41 cait or a wiki page?
19:41 wahanui a wiki page is probably broken again.
19:41 cait as an option to get it included
19:41 cait reports like bugs or mistakes they find
19:45 * oleonard wonders if we'll hit 7000 bugs before GBSD is over
19:46 cait filing more bugs than resolving?
19:48 oleonard Seems like I usually discover at least one bug for each bug I fix or sign off on
19:48 cait I know that feeling
19:48 cait some days it feels like everything falls apart that you touch
19:54 nengard for tom's email - QueryRemoveStopwords - does it do anything anymore?
19:55 nengard oleonard i hate that - that's what training is like for me
19:57 cait only when you are still running nozebra i guess
19:57 cait nengard: or presenting for me
19:59 melia_lunch is now known as melia
19:59 sekjal cool idea of  get the Dependency Graphs working
19:59 sekjal s/of/for/
20:01 nengard cait i thought nozebra was deprecated ? am i wrong?
20:01 cait nengard: we ar enot offering it on new installs
20:01 cait but people are still using it
20:01 cait when you update from koha with nozebra activated
20:02 cait or zebra deactivated, whatever :)
20:02 Brooke joined #koha
20:02 Brooke kia ora
20:03 nengard thanks cait
20:03 nengard i'll see what i can add to the manual
20:06 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6689] Improve styling of table pager <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6689>
20:06 trea i think this is a CSS question possibly:  There is a span class "Actions" per-item in the search results. This is the HTML <span class="label">Actions:</span>
20:06 trea how do you hide this?
20:08 Brooke why not comment it out initially so you don't break summat accidentally
20:08 cait hm not so easy with css i think
20:09 gmcharlt sekjal:[…]graph.cgi?id=6070
20:09 Brooke /* */
20:09 cait Brooke: I think without changing the templates
20:09 cait that's the art :)
20:09 trea ^^
20:09 rangi yeah changing templates for local use = bad, wrong and evil
20:09 cait trea: very easy with jquery probably
20:09 rangi But
20:09 rangi a trick you can use
20:09 cait rangi: yeah, make me feel bad about my newest project :P
20:09 sekjal gmcharlt: nice!
20:09 rangi is make a language
20:10 rangi a 'language'
20:10 rangi and put the changed template in theer
20:10 rangi the way it works it will fall back to english
20:10 rangi for all the others
20:10 gmcharlt sekjal: for even more fun,[…]graph.cgi?id=5917
20:11 nengard oleonard 6689 - i applied and shift refreshed and don't see a difference
20:11 nengard other ideas?
20:11 oleonard nengard: It depends on the patch for Bug 6616
20:11 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6616 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Move common table pager markup to include
20:11 nengard well that would be it :)
20:11 nengard so i apply that first and then this
20:12 sekjal gmcharlt:  I'm thrilled by this
20:12 oleonard nengard: Or vice-versa. They don't conflict.
20:13 oleonard trea: span.results_summary.actions { display : none; }
20:14 gmcharlt sekjal: and for the ultimate view -[…]=doall&rankdir=LR
20:14 cait oh
20:14 cait oleonard++
20:14 trea oleonard++
20:15 * oleonard scrolls down expectantly to 5917
20:15 * oleonard is not disappointed
20:16 Brooke holy mf
20:16 nengard oleonard signed off
20:16 nengard sekjal signed off on bug 6689
20:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6689 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Improve styling of table pager
20:16 nengard :)
20:16 nengard Brooke what's up?
20:16 Brooke just looking at the template toolkit dependency
20:17 nengard oh
20:17 nengard :)
20:17 Brooke that many lines = naval class swearing.
20:17 nengard must go - hubby says so - need to do my exercises cause i'm feeling tight
20:17 nengard be back
20:17 nengard is now known as nengard_afk
20:17 oleonard left #koha
20:34 nengard_afk is now known as nengard
20:39 jenkins_koha Starting build 456 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
20:39 rangi one of many builds today i think
20:41 Brooke jenkins gonna get blisters on his bot fingers.
20:41 rangi heh
20:42 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: bug_6770: removed doubled override increment when using AllowHoldPolicyOverride <[…]15a6ff8acd21cbbd9>
20:43 cait !huginn botsnack blister cream(?)
20:47 chris_n2 joined #koha
20:50 trea Brooke: reminds me a Dire Straits song
20:50 rangi we gotta move these colour tvs
20:50 trea iknorite
20:50 rangi now its stuck in my brain
20:50 * rangi whacks his head
20:50 rangi "out you demon song, out"
20:50 chris_n2 for anyone who's interested:
20:51 rangi[…]tuff/3HJOrj?src=5
20:51 rangi this will get rid of it
20:51 * Brooke assualts rangi with E Papa Waiari
20:51 rangi chris_n2: you win the persistent bugger badge :-)
20:51 rangi well done
20:51 Brooke oooh
20:52 Brooke can we have one of those?
20:52 chris_n2 lol
20:52 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6958 : Fix for leading spaces being stripped on translation <[…]6ab0045351273cc53>
20:52 chris_n2 Brooke: you really want one?
20:52 Brooke no I think it's a stellar addition to the cheevo system :P
20:53 cait yay!
20:53 * Brooke has a one track mind.
20:53 collum left #koha
20:53 chris_n2 well, I decided to keep notes this time
20:53 * Brooke cheers Chris squared.
20:53 chris_n2 it is slooooooow as cold molasses, however
20:54 * chris_n2 suspects its the low end hardware he's running
20:54 * trea wonders if virtual box on WinXP running a debian VM is faster
20:54 chris_n2 not on this box ;-)
20:55 trea ;)
20:55 chris_n2 its an old, old pentium4 with maybe 2GB of memory
20:55 chris_n2 and lots of junk running in the background
20:56 * chris_n2 remembers when he thought his TI-990 was fast along with its whopping 28k of memory
20:57 trea anyone recall a bug about doing a search with parens returning no results?
20:57 rangi there are some bugs about that
20:58 trea bug 1807? perhaps
20:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1807 blocker, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , ':' character blocks search ; search () give odd results
20:58 trea ya that looks like it
20:59 rangi thats it
20:59 rangi it all stems from us
20:59 rangi trying to do ccl, in a half arsed fashion
21:02 NateC left #koha
21:03 JesseM left #koha
21:03 rangi that jesse
21:03 rangi always int he shadows
21:07 bg HA
21:08 cait hi bg :)
21:08 rangi heya bg :)
21:09 Brooke left #koha
21:10 nengard left #koha
21:12 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: bug_6974: bugfix: do not create empty record before building input for new biblio <[…]2f73de4d7ebfbd279>
21:23 * rangi really appreciates the testplans on the bugs he has been pushing
21:23 rangi it makes life a lot easier
21:27 sekjal testplans++
21:27 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #456: SUCCESS in 48 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/456/
21:27 jenkins_koha srdjan: bug_6770: removed doubled override increment when using AllowHoldPolicyOverride
21:27 sekjal more QAing to follow
21:27 sekjal but for now, I rest
21:27 jenkins_koha Starting build 457 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
21:27 sekjal night, all
21:28 sekjal left #koha
21:28 cait night sekjal
21:28 cait sekjal++
21:31 fcapo left #koha
21:32 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6076: acqui pdf error when marcxml wrong <[…]40c46a63d04ab1e3f> / BZ6074: setting import flag when staged file imported in aqbasket <[…]4a3c4d17ba97f4863>
21:35 * cait cheers
21:36 rangi :)
21:57 trea left #koha
21:58 maximep left #koha
22:06 eythian[…]id=social_retweet <-- remember everyone, today is black metal friday
22:06 cait morning mr robin :)
22:06 eythian hello cait
22:07 cait you are here, time to go to sleep for me :)
22:07 cait bye all
22:07 eythian heh cya
22:07 rangi cya cait
22:08 cait left #koha
22:09 bg so who wins tonight - the yanks or the tigers?
22:10 rangi hmmm
22:10 rangi the tigers?
22:11 bg it's in yankee stadium
22:12 bg so home field advantage
22:12 bg I'm rooting for the tigers
22:12 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: BZ6268 follow-up for the form <[…]1dc02b27d4f271a3c> / Bug 6268: (MT #6408) Bad Total in <[…]66babeba3cb453b1b>
22:13 bg where's slef - he'd have an opinion or at least tell me to watch football (non-US)
22:13 rangi hehe
22:13 rangi asleep is my guess
22:13 bg eythian: you're going to india right?
22:13 eythian bg: yarp
22:13 bg awesome
22:13 bg when do you arrive?
22:14 eythian The night before the conference starts
22:14 bg ahhh..  we're getting in two days early
22:14 bg I think we'll need more time to adjust to the time difference
22:15 eythian I'm usually pretty good with jet lag, also for me it'll just be staying up later :)
22:15 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #457: SUCCESS in 47 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/457/
22:15 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6958 : Fix for leading spaces being stripped on translation
22:15 bg do you have a place you're staying yet?
22:15 jenkins_koha * srdjan: bug_6974: bugfix: do not create empty record before building input for new biblio
22:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6958 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, NEW , Missing spaces in translated templates
22:15 jenkins_koha Starting build 458 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
22:15 eythian yeah, Vihang's Inn, which is where many others are staying.
22:15 * bg needs to look up the name again
22:16 bg Ah cool we are at the same place
22:16 eythian sweet
22:16 bg been to india before?
22:16 * eythian should chase up the status of his visa today, too
22:16 eythian nope
22:16 bg heh - just got mine last week
22:17 eythian I sent mine away a week and a half ago, so it should be almost ready.
22:17 chris_n2 for all of you brave people:
22:17 bg well anything is possible in india (a drive said that to me before)
22:17 bg s/drive/driver
22:17 eythian heh
22:17 eythian in that case, I plan to try skiing through a revolving door.
22:18 chris_n2 that sounds fun
22:18 eythian also impossible anywhere else :)
22:18 eythian chris_n2: what's a .exe file?
22:18 chris_n2 LOL
22:19 bg short skis and you can do it
22:19 chris_n2 its short for ex<plod>e
22:19 eythian heh
22:22 chris_n2 libreoffice writer has a cool export to wiki option
22:22 rangi oh, i didnt know that
22:24 chris_n2 yeah, it took a very small amount of cleanup
22:24 chris_n2 but that page I just created was based on such an export
22:24 chris_n2 saved a *bunch* of time
22:25 rangi cool
22:26 eythian it has utf-8 issues though I noticed.
22:27 chris_n2 yeah
22:27 chris_n2 I just hand edited those out
22:28 chris_n2 or it may have been a winders problem
22:29 Johnindy joined #koha
22:44 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Fix for Bug 6600, Library name linking wrong if current location is different <[…]53aecae26a9997243>
22:47 Johnindy_ joined #koha
22:55 Johnindy left #koha
23:01 BobB joined #koha
23:02 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #458: SUCCESS in 47 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/458/
23:02 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: BZ6074: setting import flag when staged file imported in aqbasket
23:02 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 6076: acqui pdf error when marcxml wrong
23:02 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 6268: (MT #6408) Bad Total in
23:02 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: BZ6268 follow-up for the form
23:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6076 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , acqui pdf error when marcxml wrong
23:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6268 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , Bad Total in
23:02 jenkins_koha Starting build 459 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
23:02 book_labels8 joined #koha
23:03 book_labels8 Hi guys, does anyone know if you can create a custom book label with the branch name and barcode on it? Running version 3.4.2
23:03 phlunk3 joined #koha
23:04 trea joined #koha
23:05 book_labels8 Also, is there a way to increase the barcode font size?
23:10 mtj book_labels8: hmm, pass on that
23:14 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6953 - Value builder for NORMARC 007 does not show further options <[…]4a23d85234ed9e505>
23:28 Irma left #koha
23:29 Irma joined #koha
23:36 wizzyrea book_labels8: unfortunately there isn't really a way to do that
23:36 wizzyrea but there is dev in the pipeline to allow that
23:37 wizzyrea (that was in regards to the barcode font size
23:37 wizzyrea book_labels8: have you had a look at the labels documentation? I think that it tells how to make those labels
23:40 book_labels8 I have had a look at the documentation, but it doesn't say how to do that
23:47 book_labels8 left #koha
23:49 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #459: SUCCESS in 47 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/459/
23:49 jenkins_koha oleonard: Fix for Bug 6600, Library name linking wrong if current location is different
23:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6600 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Library name linking wrong if current location is different
23:49 jenkins_koha Starting build 460 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
23:53 thd-away` joined #koha
23:54 bg rangi
23:54 bg do you know the command for a package it I wanted to set long
23:55 bg or do I need just edit/add to one of the crons
23:56 jcamins_away bg: I think you need to edit cron.daily.
23:56 bg ok thanks
23:57 bg how you doing?
23:57 thd-awa`` joined #koha
23:57 jcamins_away I'm doing pretty well.
23:57 thd-away left #koha
23:57 jcamins_away Tired. Allergy season arrived with a vengeance.
23:58 thd-away` left #koha
23:58 Callender left #koha
23:58 bg yeah I was up all night with a sick puppy - so I'm tired also
23:58 jcamins_away Oh no! I hope it's something with a quick recovery?
23:58 wizzyrea poor pup

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary