IRC log for #koha, 2011-09-06

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 em could not find any package whos name or description matched "libtemplate-toolkit-perl"
00:01 em :s
00:02 eythian libtemplate-perl rather
00:02 em lol, ok
00:02 em found :)
00:03 em also, after make test failed, i cant save any new items :(
00:03 em oh, nevermind
00:03 em that is my fault
00:03 em ignore ^^
00:03 em finshed installing, re-doing make
00:06 em doing make test
00:07 em works
00:07 em the make test
00:07 em :D
00:08 em oh no
00:08 em there was an error :(
00:08 em chown: invalid user: 'koha:koha'
00:08 em make: *** [set_koha_ownership] Error 1
00:09 eythian you didn't create a user and group called 'koha'
00:09 em how do i do that?
00:11 eythian
00:11 em thanks
00:12 em that is just ads ...
00:12 em oh
00:12 em never mind
00:13 em Help
00:13 em useradd: cannot lock /etc/passwd
00:13 eythian use sudo
00:15 em ok
00:16 em re-doing
00:20 em doing sudo make upgrade
00:21 em worked :D
00:22 em are you still here, can i ask you to help me again?
00:22 em i have another problem
00:23 em not really a problem, just i need help with code
00:24 em ...
00:24 em i'll take that as a no?
00:25 eythian if it's quick, I'm doing other stuff at the same time, and am probably going to have a meeting soon.
00:26 em ok
00:26 em i need to know how to turn on zebra
00:27 eythian which aspect of that, it's not a small question. Do you mean the server, or the reindexing tasks, or having Koha talk to it?
00:28 em server
00:28 em on update, it stops working
00:28 em i think its shut off
00:29 eythian what do you mean "on update"?
00:29 em i just upgraded koha
00:29 eythian is the zebrasrv process running?
00:29 em after that, my searches broke
00:29 em thats what i need to find out
00:29 eythian ps ax|grep zebra
00:29 eythian if you see zebrasrv in there, then it's running, if not, it's not
00:30 em i dont see zebrasrv, but i see zebra in red
00:31 em if it is not on, how do i turn the zebrasrv on?
00:31 eythian I don't know your setup. You may have an init script in /etc/init.d/ (probably called 'koha') that starts it.
00:32 em ok, thanks
00:37 em umm, still confused about turning on zebrasrv
00:39 em can someone please email me on how to turn on zebrasrv at as i need to go but need to get it fixed asap :o
00:41 druthb joined #koha
00:41 druthb o/
00:42 lastnode i setup iptables last night and it has blocked everything incoming except 80,8080 and 22
00:42 lastnode mysql listens but on localhost
00:42 lastnode i should be fine, right?
00:43 Callender left #koha
00:49 eythian lastnode: yep
00:49 em hey, can someone help me turn on zebrasrv
00:50 lastnode eythian: thanks, mate. i installed fail2ban last night. i installed it while a japanese ip was hitting me with a bruteforce
00:50 lastnode my vps has ben up 3 days
00:50 lastnode teh Internet is brutal yo :(
00:50 druthb left #koha
00:50 eythian yeah, I installed that too. It's a dangerous place out there :)
00:50 * eythian lunches
00:50 em can someone help me turn on zebrasrv
00:50 lastnode eythian: do you run sshd on 22 or a non standard port?
00:54 em ...
00:58 em uhh
00:58 em i geuss people left
00:59 lastnode em: eythian is lunching
00:59 lastnode hang around :)
00:59 em launchin means what?
00:59 lastnode em: eating lunch. lunching.
01:00 em oh
01:00 em lunch?
01:00 em im eating dezzert
01:08 yhager joined #koha
01:09 em left #koha
01:09 em joined #koha
01:17 Technicus left #koha
01:18 em uhh
01:18 em there needs to be manuals for people like me, stupid people ;)
01:24 lastnode there are em
01:24 lastnode[…]on/3-4-manual-en/
01:24 em where :o
01:24 em thanks
01:25 em that does not help me with my problem though :(
01:27 eythian well, keep in mind that Koha is a server application, trying to set it up without being at all comfortable working with Linux is never going to be easy.
01:27 em no it is not :(
01:27 em but once it is up, i dont have to touch it again :)
01:28 em can you help me turn it on now?  :D
01:28 eythian what happened when you tried to use the init script to start it?
01:29 em i will get the code i used, no errors occoured, but search still broken
01:31 em sudo -u koha KOHA_CONF=/path/to/koha-conf.xml perl -I /usr/share/koha/lib /path/to/ -b -x -v -r
01:31 em i fixed the path/to parts
01:31 eythian that rebuilds your zebra index
01:31 eythian that doesn't start the zebra server.
01:31 em oh
01:31 em that is what the other guy said to do
01:31 eythian do you have an init script in /etc/init.d relating to koha or zebra
01:31 eythian ?
01:31 em yes
01:32 eythian what do you have?
01:32 em /etc/init.d/koha-zebra-daemon
01:32 rangi[…]11-09-05#i_756196
01:33 eythian and what happens when you run 'sudo /etc/init.d/koha-zebra-daemon start'?
01:33 eythian yeah. that thing in that link.
01:33 em just a sec
01:34 em asks for password
01:34 em says Starting Zebra Server
01:34 em then goes back to
01:34 em emery@koha-serer:~$
01:34 eythian right. So hopefully zebra is running now.
01:35 em hopefully, testing
01:35 em search broken
01:35 trea-away left #koha
01:36 em still broken :(
01:36 eythian you're best of finding a friendly, local, sysadmin to do it. Teaching all the required knowledge on how to diagnose things is impossible in a reasonable time frame via IRC.
01:37 em :(
01:37 em that would be hard
01:37 em my town is small
01:37 em like i said, it works before upgrade, then it breaks
01:38 eythian that's a bit odd in itself, really. Upgrading shouldn't really touch zebra.
01:38 eythian Is the zebrasrv process running?
01:38 em how do you check again?
01:39 eythian you can scroll up through the history of the conversation.
01:40 em i left by accident, it is not there :s
01:40 eythian <eythian> ps ax|grep zebra
01:40 eythian <eythian> if you see zebrasrv in there, then it's running, if not, it's not
01:41 em there is zebra a bunch of times in red
01:41 em but not zebrasrv
01:41 eythian zebrazrv?
01:41 eythian hmm
01:41 em oh
01:42 em just wait
01:42 em yes
01:42 em there is zebrasrv
01:42 eythian then maybe you need to do the rebuild again, but otherwise it should be working.
01:43 em ok
01:43 em still broken
01:43 em after re-index
01:44 em with no errors
01:44 em and where it says RECORDS EXPORTED: 2 - that is the right number
01:44 eythian I'm not sure then.
01:44 em someone said something about crontabs once upon atime
01:45 eythian crontabs are for updating the index when something changes.
01:45 em oh
01:45 em why would it be broken
01:46 eythian Usually because zebrasrv isn't running, but if it is, then I'm not sure.
01:46 em argggggg
01:46 mtj em: fyi: heres todays logs...
01:46 mtj[…]g/koha/2011-09-06
01:46 Callender joined #koha
01:47 em ok
01:47 em argggggg
01:48 em will search work if i shut off zebra
01:48 mtj you can read eythian and rangi 's advice, and have another go, later on...
01:48 mtj ... after you cool down
01:48 em :s
01:48 eythian search is done by zebra, it won't work if it's not running.
01:48 em well thats dumb
01:49 em why is there stuff in nozebrasearches
01:50 * eythian usually recommends installing from packages, as that magically takes care of it all for you.
01:50 eythian do you have zebra enabled in Koha? It is by default, but maybe you've changed it.
01:50 em how do i do that? -- yes i do have it enabled, just checkd
01:51 eythian wahanui: packages?
01:51 wahanui packages are so easy to build from any branch that was based on master
01:51 eythian wahanui: forget packages
01:51 wahanui eythian: I forgot packages
01:51 em lol
01:51 eythian wahanui: packages is <reply>package info is at[…]on_Debian_Squeeze
01:51 wahanui OK, eythian.
01:52 em im confused
01:52 eythian but it still requires being comfortable around Linux to a reasonable degree.
01:52 em i am somewhat comfertable :)
01:52 em what do they do?
01:53 eythian it's a way of installing Koha so that it's integrated into the system better.
01:53 em that is good
01:53 em how do i do this?
01:53 eythian But, you'll need to know how to tweak apache to behave how you want it to.
01:53 eythian and other things.
01:53 em oh no
01:53 em i have never touched apache
01:54 eythian It's not a one-click install, because that's virtually impossible to do for server software that has to talk to a network.
01:54 em :(
01:55 em ok, well, im gonna go :(
01:55 eythian I'd find someone who's good with Linux to have a look for you, odds are it'll take them half an hour to figure out.
01:55 em probably :s
01:58 em left #koha
02:05 mtj guys, make sure you claim your chorekraft gold for that one :p
02:09 eythian heh
02:09 eythian <-- track for today
02:09 eythian (unrelated, I just like it)
02:10 eythian <-- also, same band.
02:14 mtj i've been working on getting some rss feeds up...
02:15 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6488] opachiddenitems not working in master <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6488>
02:16 mtj oops, but no external dns to my page...
02:27 mtj ah, that works ->
02:29 miguel left #koha
02:30 mtj i thought it would be good to add an general list of Koha rss feeds to a page on
02:31 mtj ... and then use a wordpress rss plugin to display those feeds on seperate pages on the website too
02:38 miguel joined #koha
02:48 bg @seen druthb
02:48 bg @seen druthb
02:48 huginn bg: druthb was last seen in #koha 2 hours, 6 minutes, and 21 seconds ago: <druthb> o/
03:08 bug left #koha
03:11 bug joined #koha
03:25 druthb joined #koha
03:28 * druthb sees from the log that bg was lookin' for her.
04:17 druthb left #koha
04:18 cait joined #koha
04:18 Oak joined #koha
04:18 * Oak waves
04:18 cait hi Oak :)
04:18 Oak hello cait :)
04:18 cait morning #koha
04:19 eythian hi cait
04:19 Oak Hello Mr. Robin :)
04:19 cait hehe
04:19 eythian Hello Oak :)
04:19 cait evening mr robin
04:20 Oak ah evening in nz... hm
04:21 eythian well, afternoon. But almost evening.
04:22 Oak nice
04:22 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6770] AllowHoldPolicyOverride not working <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6770>
04:23 Brooke joined #koha
04:24 Brooke kia ora
04:24 Oak Kia ora Brooke :}
04:24 * Brooke hugs oak
04:24 Oak uh oh. wrong bracket
04:24 cait hi Brooke :)
04:24 Brooke 0/
04:25 cait eythian: not trying to send me back to bed? :)
04:25 Brooke Robin won't send you back to bed if you don't try and get me to go to sleep :P
04:25 eythian would it do any good? :)
04:25 eythian heh
04:26 Oak no sleep for the awesome. both of you. :)
04:27 Brooke pfft
04:27 Brooke that rule only is reliable for Cait
04:27 eythian On the flip side, sleep is for the week. And it's most definitely a weekday.
04:28 Oak good one Mr. robin :)
04:28 cait :)
04:40 miguel left #koha
04:49 Brooke damn you wiki autoformat XD
04:49 miguel joined #koha
04:53 rangi why is the kohacon11 page a category, not a page, and can i fix it, cos it annoys me
04:54 Brooke I'm willing to hazard a guess that it's a category and not a page because of all the crap that used to be broken with categories on the wiki
04:54 rangi right, ill shift it then :)
04:54 Brooke knock yerself out
04:54 Brooke just lemme know when you're done so I can go back to messin' with it
04:57 rangi
04:57 rangi its all yours again
04:58 rangi[…]ategory:KohaCon11
04:58 Brooke hooray
04:59 Oak :)
05:02 eythian
05:28 cait hi rangi
05:30 rangi back from the bus
05:31 Brooke welcome back
05:32 yhager left #koha
05:33 rangi oh hey cait
05:34 rangi for 3 saturdays in a row now, kahu has a brezel and a bratwurst for lunch
05:34 Brooke he!
05:34 rangi he's allowed to spend 5 at the market thats what he always buys
05:34 Brooke if he starts insisting on lederhosen, worry.
05:40 cait hehe
05:41 * Oak googles lederhosen
05:41 cait perhaps you should bring him to germany... so he can compare
05:42 rangi ahh they are made by bavarians, so probably pretty close
05:42 Oak :)
05:43 rangi I usually have an italian potato donut and a coffee
05:43 cait :)
05:44 rangi atarau is usually too busy trying to climb a tree to eat much
05:46 rangi ok my stop cyas later
05:47 Oak later rangi
05:47 Oak :)
05:47 cait time to go - cya
05:47 cait left #koha
05:49 Brooke right schedule is up
05:49 Brooke I'm down for the count,.
05:49 Brooke left #koha
05:55 laurence joined #koha
06:10 alex_a joined #koha
06:11 alex_a hi
06:11 wahanui niihau, alex_a
06:18 Oak Bonjour alex_a :)
06:20 alex_a hello Oak
06:29 kf joined #koha
06:29 kf good morning #koha
06:30 alex_a morning kf
06:31 kf hi alex_a :)
06:32 julian joined #koha
06:33 julian hello #koha
06:40 reiveune joined #koha
06:40 reiveune left #koha
06:41 miguel left #koha
06:50 miguel joined #koha
06:59 kf hi julian
06:59 kf is now known as kf_afk
07:02 reiveune joined #koha
07:02 reiveune hi
07:02 Oak heya reiveune :)
07:02 reiveune :)
07:09 sophie_m joined #koha
07:09 sophie_m hi #koha
07:10 Oak hello sophie
07:19 clrh_ hello
07:19 wahanui hello, clrh_
07:19 Oak hello :)
07:20 hdl joined #koha
07:21 lds joined #koha
07:21 julian left #koha
07:24 matts_away is now known as matts
07:32 julian joined #koha
07:37 francharb joined #koha
07:37 Guillaume joined #koha
07:37 francharb left #koha
07:50 hdl left #koha
07:55 rangi evening
07:56 kf_afk hi rangi
07:57 Oak so it *is* evening now in nz. cool.
08:01 clrh_ left #koha
08:07 Callender left #koha
08:11 slef rangi: doesn't any feed aggregator do the same as pipes?
08:14 rangi nope
08:14 rangi pipes does much more than just aggregate
08:15 rangi dont worry tho, yahoo will kill it, they do everything else they touch
08:17 Irma hi all
08:18 hdl joined #koha
08:18 Irma just got an inquiry about Kiritaki Koha
08:18 miguel left #koha
08:19 rangi cool
08:19 Irma Marc Osbone's utube video I found already but I wonder if sine this was written there is more info re future dev
08:20 Irma sine = since
08:20 rangi marc osbornes video isnt using kiritaki koha
08:20 rangi its just using the barcode scanner that comes with android
08:20 Irma I thought it shows how he placed a hold on a book
08:21 rangi yes you can do that with standard koha
08:21 Irma
08:21 rangi yes
08:21 Irma this one was uploaded in june 2011
08:21 rangi ah yep i thought you meant his old one
08:22 Irma all good then ...
08:22 rangi no, no one is working on kiritakikoha
08:22 rangi unless someone wants to pay us to
08:22 Irma well that should be a suggestion I make aspa in my reply
08:23 Irma what would be the time involved approx?
08:23 Irma several days work?
08:23 rangi to do what?
08:25 Irma Phase 3 (Something for the future?)Basically all additional functionality depend on Koha API being available (and suitable) for Android client to push information and read formatted response. Mimicking a web-user may not be the right approach here.Show overdue itemsShow fines
08:25 clrh joined #koha
08:25 Irma I think renewals would be useful
08:26 rangi id have to ask alan
08:26 rangi we could do a quote, with a spec
08:28 Irma I will get back to you ...
08:28 miguel joined #koha
08:30 Irma I don't know how important it is to our client to provide Koha with a mobile capability
08:32 Irma I think it would be great because they have many students and students always have their phones with them (of course not all have Android phone)
08:32 Irma thanks for the additional info rangi
08:32 rangi yes, a mobile stylesheet might be better
08:33 Irma can you expand on why that would be
08:34 rangi because its not device specific
08:34 Irma I see
08:35 Irma Has there been much interest in providing Koha with mobile capability from other libraries?
08:36 rangi not in any real way
08:36 Irma I am having a quick look in Git
08:36 Irma for a dev request
08:38 Irma no match!
08:38 kf_afk what are you searching for Irma?
08:39 Irma Mobile capability for Koha
08:39 Irma and
08:39 Irma reuests for development
08:39 Irma requests
08:39 kf_afk I think there was some discussion on the mailing list a whie ago
08:39 kf_afk have not seen a bug yet
08:40 Irma do you think it would be nice to offer this?
08:40 kf_afk I think a mobile styleshee as rangi suggested would be a good addition to koha
08:41 clrh left #koha
08:43 clrh joined #koha
08:45 Irma I wonder if Alan Mc C would be available/interested in writing code for a mobile stylesheet
08:45 Irma I don't think I know Alan
08:46 rangi no he wouldnt
08:46 rangi but one of our design team might
08:54 Irma oh that's good news so I will call out when I know how much interest there really is.
08:55 Irma thanks kf_alf and rangi :-)
08:58 hdl left #koha
08:59 julian left #koha
09:00 julian joined #koha
09:03 hdl joined #koha
09:10 sophie_m left #koha
09:12 Callender joined #koha
09:17 sophie_m joined #koha
09:19 kf_afk is now known as kf_away
09:19 sophie_m left #koha
09:20 sophie_m joined #koha
09:51 miguel left #koha
10:01 miguel joined #koha
10:44 clrh_ joined #koha
10:46 clrh left #koha
10:47 julian left #koha
10:48 lastnode anyone around?
10:55 nengard joined #koha
11:03 miguel left #koha
11:12 miguel joined #koha
11:19 hdl lastnode: ?
11:19 hdl hi miguel
11:20 miguel hello Henri
11:21 clrh joined #koha
11:23 clrh_ left #koha
11:25 lastnode hi hdl
11:26 lastnode im just gonna setup a production environment of koha
11:26 lds left #koha
11:26 lastnode was wondering if someone may be around if i run into any probs
11:26 hdl how are you miguel?
11:26 reiveune left #koha
11:26 hdl around but busy.
11:26 lastnode ok
11:30 lds joined #koha
11:32 reiveune joined #koha
11:32 julian joined #koha
11:34 druthb joined #koha
11:34 lastnode hdl: miguel marc vs unimarc, thoughts?
11:34 druthb o/
11:35 druthb Funny, how much better the campground wi-fi works when the campground is nearly empty...
11:35 Oak left #koha
11:35 hdl unimarc if you are french or european. marc for the rest of the world.
11:35 lastnode hdl++
11:35 lastnode google failed me, and you explained it in 1 line
11:36 miguel marc
11:37 lastnode is tehre a guide taht explains all teh options in  koha install stage 3
11:37 lastnode Koha Web Installer . Step 3
11:37 druthb @wunder sioux falls, sd
11:37 huginn druthb: The current temperature in Sioux Falls, South Dakota is 12.0�C (5:56 AM CDT on September 06, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 80%. Dew Point: 8.0�C. Pressure: 30.13 in 1020 hPa (Steady).
11:38 jwagner joined #koha
11:41 francharb joined #koha
11:41 francharb left #koha
11:43 slef lastnode: maybe some are explained more in the manual, but ultimately, you can look at the sql files for the full detail.
11:43 slef marc21 not marc
11:43 lastnode ok
11:43 slef marc21 and unimarc are both marc
11:43 lastnode slef: no im looking for stuff like (sample_creator_data)
11:43 lastnode what does that mean
11:43 slef lastnode: hasn't it got a description under it?
11:44 lastnode Sample Label and Patron Card Data
11:44 lastnode (sample_creator_data)
11:44 lastnode is what it says
11:44 slef It means that it is sample label and patron card data :)
11:44 slef I think sample_creator_data is the base of the filename
11:44 slef so sample_creator_data.sql will show what that data actually is.
11:44 lastnode ok
11:45 slef If the description isn't quite right, send a bug report and it should get fixed pretty quickly.
11:45 slef Or send a patch. Or maybe someone here has time to patch it quickly.
11:45 lastnode ok
11:45 slef But opening a bug report will help with QA.
11:45 lastnode sample label and patron card ata is probably just themes/profiles
11:45 lastnode for creating cards, right?
11:46 slef I'd expect it's layouts, templates and so on, yes.
11:46 lastnode i just dotn want sample patrons (which is another option in itself)
11:46 lastnode thanks
11:46 slef np. Hope I'm right :)
11:47 lastnode slef++
11:52 lastnode slef: if i dont isntall (marc21_simple_bib_frameworks)
11:52 lastnode is there an easy way to import them after?
11:53 slef Some things you can load the sql in phpmyadmin afterwards, but it depends if the sql contains primary key ids and so on.
11:53 slef or mysql command-line client
11:53 lastnode generally, id want (marc21_simple_bib_frameworks)
11:53 lastnode right?
11:53 lastnode i mean it is a little expansive for our library at the moment
11:54 lastnode but i figure it wouldnt hurt to have them lying around for later
11:54 slef "It depends" but I think we usually install them. I'm installing something else, so don't have my koha notes handy today.
11:54 lastnode ok np slef thank you
11:55 slef well, most things you probably want to decide before you start using them in earnest
11:55 lastnode i dont get you
11:55 slef but I think maybe worst case with frameworks is things we'll revert to default framework
11:55 lastnode ok
11:55 lastnode slef: oh, atm we'll be using Fast Add
11:56 lastnode just got what you maent
11:56 slef Well, for example, if you start using something like a branch code, then you change your mind on it, you have to get all books out of that branch before you can delete it and even then I think it's non-trivial.
11:56 lastnode slef: oh right
11:56 lastnode yeah we're doing a 100 book trial
11:56 lastnode first
11:56 lastnode to see sup
11:57 lastnode slef: either way as long as i koha-dump regularly (usign deb packages), i can edit these isntall values later, right?
12:00 slef I don't use the deb packages so I'm not sure.
12:00 lastnode ok
12:00 lastnode slef: you justbackup usign sql dump?
12:01 slef (our hosting is networked cooperatively in various ways)
12:01 slef I think we've mysqldumps and the hot sync/mirror thingy whose name I've forgotten right now
12:02 lastnode slef: do you know waht this means? * SHOW_BCODE - Show barcode on the patron summary screen items listings
12:02 lastnode (patron_atributes)
12:02 lastnode option is - Useful patron atribute types:
12:03 slef I think it makes it optional. Seriously, are you reading the manual?
12:03 slef manual?
12:03 wahanui manual is at
12:05 slef although I say that, I can't find that one :)
12:05 lastnode slef: yeah, i have the manual open
12:05 lastnode what you said, yeah
12:05 Jesse joined #koha
12:06 slef I think it means that if you install patron_atributes, it makes it optional whether patron's barcode is shown on their summary screen
12:06 slef although I don't remember testing that myself
12:06 lastnode patron_attributes here is a plugin?
12:06 slef I thought you were still choosing data files?
12:07 lastnode i dont follow
12:07 lastnode ive setup koha like 15 times now, but i never eralyl figured out what htese do
12:07 lastnode these bits im asking you about
12:07 slef I'm confused. I don't understand how this is a plugin.
12:07 slef I thought you were choosing data files.
12:07 slef Files that get loaded into the Koha database at installation time.
12:07 lastnode oh right, patrno_attributes, when you said "install" you mean select it in tbhis screen
12:08 lastnode gotcha
12:08 lastnode Some basic settings including USD currency, and a sampling of Z39.50 servers.
12:08 slef Heh, bad jargon use by both of us = fail!
12:08 lastnode the sample servers are mentioned here, and in teh last opton too
12:08 lds left #koha
12:08 slef what's that one called? I'll bring it up in a browser
12:08 lastnode (parameters)
12:09 slef I suspect that's a bad description but I'll check
12:09 lastnode ok
12:09 slef[…]34413e9ef;hb=HEAD
12:09 lastnode (sample_z3950_servers)  is the other one
12:09 slef yeah, no z39.50 servers in there
12:09 slef they're all in sample_z3950_servers
12:09 lastnode haha
12:09 lastnode thanks slef
12:10 druthb left #koha
12:10 * lastnode bookmarks the git repo
12:10 slef there's a simple bug for you to report.[…]0944b3850;hb=HEAD is wrong
12:11 lastnode ok
12:12 slef lunchtime... bbl
12:13 lastnode thanks slef!
12:13 lastnode haev a good lunch :)
12:13 lds joined #koha
12:18 oleonard joined #koha
12:18 Kmkale joined #koha
12:19 Kmkale left #koha
12:24 oleonard Hi #koha.
12:27 lds left #koha
12:28 lds joined #koha
12:32 lds left #koha
12:32 clrh_ joined #koha
12:34 clrh left #koha
12:35 lds joined #koha
12:36 lds left #koha
12:37 tcohen joined #koha
12:41 lds joined #koha
12:49 lastnode in koha, the great gatsby is classified in LC as 813/.52
12:49 lastnode still trying to figure out how .52 are arrived at
12:49 oleonard LC catalogers decide.
12:50 oleonard And the library is given the option, via the "/" of whether or not to be that specific in their own classification of the book.
12:58 pelletiermaxime joined #koha
13:00 coryj joined #koha
13:00 talljoy joined #koha
13:02 lastnode oleonard: so / means not-specific?
13:02 coryj Is there a tool/option to "check out" items to users based on a CSV file?  We are migrating one of our libraries with a large number of existing checked out items.
13:02 trea joined #koha
13:03 oleonard lastnode: the "/" indicates where the local cataloger could truncate the call number if they choose
13:05 oleonard coryj: I don't know what the best option is, but one is to use the offline circulation data upload tool
13:05 oleonard /cgi-bin/koha/offline_circ/
13:05 oleonard[…]ation_file_format
13:07 hdl1 joined #koha
13:10 hdl left #koha
13:11 lastnode we dont have offline data oleonard
13:12 lastnode new library
13:12 oleonard I wasn't talking to you lastnode
13:16 lastnode oh my bad, oleonard
13:33 ibeardslee left #koha
13:34 sekjal joined #koha
13:34 oleonard Grr... I'm tired of people emailing the same question to the list over and over.
13:37 * kf_away offers oleonard a cookie
13:48 talljoy is now known as talljoy_away
13:58 lds1 joined #koha
13:58 lds left #koha
14:08 lds1 left #koha
14:08 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6190] Custom field removal from patron entry screens <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6190>
14:08 lds joined #koha
14:09 oleonard that's been a tough one apparently.
14:13 jcamins_away How many times does the same message need to get sent?
14:14 jcamins_away Two minutes later, replying to the first one with the exact same text?
14:15 Oak joined #koha
14:15 * Oak waves
14:18 Oak left #koha
14:20 clrh joined #koha
14:21 clrh_ left #koha
14:27 clrh_ joined #koha
14:28 gmcharlt left #koha
14:29 alex_a left #koha
14:30 alex_a joined #koha
14:30 libsysguy1 joined #koha
14:32 clrh left #koha
14:32 lds left #koha
14:40 miguel left #koha
14:46 gmcharlt joined #koha
14:47 lds joined #koha
14:50 miguel joined #koha
14:51 wizzyrea_away is now known as wizzyrea
14:51 Guillaume left #koha
14:52 wizzyrea mornin peeps
14:53 oleonard Hi wizzyrea
14:55 libsysguy1 morning wizzyrea
14:55 wizzyrea I trust your long holiday treated you well?
14:56 libsysguy1 for the most part...but I fear that i have a Monday tuesday today
14:56 libsysguy1 there is really no escaping monday
14:56 jcamins_away Looks like someone has a case of the Mondays!
14:56 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
14:56 nengard wish i stayed in jamaica instead of coming home
14:56 * jcamins is very impressed with himself for coming up with a cultural reference.
14:56 nengard it's dreary and rainy and my baby girl is sick
14:56 nengard and it's "monday"
14:56 Johnindy joined #koha
14:57 * sekjal had a VERY full weekend, and could use another to help recover from it
14:57 nengard vacation pics for all to see:[…]72157627606452296
14:57 wizzyrea hehe
14:57 * oleonard is ready for some work to get over the weekend
14:57 wizzyrea ooh yea and welcome back nengard :)
14:57 nengard :)
14:58 oleonard nengard announces her return with signed-off patches
14:58 nengard yuppers
14:58 julian left #koha
14:58 kf_away nengard++ sekjal++ :)
14:58 kf_away and time to go for me - distance study deadline is near...
14:59 kf_away bye all
14:59 nengard bye
14:59 kf_away left #koha
15:03 reiveune bye
15:03 reiveune left #koha
15:04 sophie_m left #koha
15:06 coryj is now known as coryj_away
15:08 alex_a left #koha
15:12 Johnindy left #koha
15:14 wizzyrea can someone explain to me the difference between what happens when you do this[…]ual-en/?ch=x15097 and when you do a "normal" reindex (sudo -u <kohauser> misc/migration_tools/ -b -a -r) ?
15:16 hdl1 yes.
15:16 hdl1 wizzyrea: -b -a are not working when they are used on the same command line.
15:17 hdl1 And -r is done only when rebuild_zebra (Koha) exports an iso2709 file
15:17 wizzyrea right
15:17 hdl1 when -r
15:18 hdl1 then if Koha exports a file, then it will do a zebraidx init.
15:18 hdl1 and then reindex the whole stuff.
15:18 sophie_m joined #koha
15:18 libsysguy1 ohh hdl1 you are here
15:18 libsysguy1 excellent I have a question for you
15:18 wizzyrea hm
15:18 hdl1 if nothing in file, then it just do nothing.
15:19 sophie_m left #koha
15:19 hdl1 (It is a bug of the imho, but no library complained about that)
15:19 sophie_m joined #koha
15:20 libsysguy1 hdl1: you guys are the ones working with Solr right?
15:20 hdl1 (just me, when I first had the problem.)
15:20 hdl1 libsysguy1: we are.
15:20 hdl1 is now known as hdl
15:20 libsysguy1 is now known as libsysguy
15:21 libsysguy how much extra horsepower are you guys using over zebra
15:22 talljoy_away is now known as talljoy
15:25 sophie_m left #koha
15:25 matts is now known as matts_away
15:37 melia joined #koha
15:37 sophie_m joined #koha
15:43 jcamins iphone-- # I get that standards are anathema to peole as cool as Apple fans, but the "Experience" would be a lot better if you rendered the page in such a way that it actually fits on the screen.
15:45 lastnode im writing a bash script i hope to run daily across machines
15:45 lastnode basically koha-dump then rsync /var/spool/koha/mysite with another server
15:45 lastnode does that make sense?
15:46 wizzyrea *nod*
15:46 hdl libsysguy: sorry ?
15:46 hdl libsysguy: how much extra horsepower are you guys using over zebra ?
15:47 hdl Why are you asking ?
15:47 wizzyrea probably curious, or trying to make a plan. :)
15:48 coryj_away Thanks oleonard.  Sorry for the delayed thanks... was pulled away from my desk for a while.
15:48 hdl libsysguy: I donot understand the meaning of your questions.
15:48 hdl libsysguy: I donot understand the meaning of your question.
15:48 hdl in fact, at the moment, we are only stabilising the solr work.
15:49 hdl And trying to port features we already did into 3.6 3.8.
15:49 hdl libsysguy: at the moment we are willing to help ppl getting zebra into that.
15:50 hdl But we cannot build that from scratch.
15:50 jcamins hdl: libsysguy's question was about how powerful a server you need to run solr.
15:51 hdl jcamins: ah ... this is why I said i did not understand the meaning....
15:51 hdl It could be understood in many ways.
15:52 oleonard jcamins: Is your complaint about text flow?
15:52 hdl we have one library with 400000+ items with solr being allocated 1G.
15:53 jcamins oleonard: I have a custom mobile stylesheet that changes my menu from being horizontal to being vertical, so that no scrolling is required.
15:53 jcamins It would seem that iPhone will not use the mobile stylesheet.
15:53 jcamins Even though every other mobile browser (with the possible exception of mobile IE, which I don't care about) handles it correctly.
15:55 libsysguy sorry guys i stepped away
15:55 libsysguy *catching up*
15:56 libsysguy hdl what do you mean by of Ram or extra Harddisk space?
15:56 oleonard jcamins: Seems unlikely that the iPhone is refusing to use the stylesheet arbitrarily
15:56 hdl 1G RAM.
15:56 libsysguy that is next to nothing imo
15:57 hdl hard disk space is the same as the DB with zebra.
15:57 sophie_m left #koha
15:58 jcamins oleonard: probably you have to use a different technique to trick it into using a mobile stylesheet.
15:59 laurence left #koha
16:00 libsysguy hdl sorry for bugging you with questions but im pretty interested in trying out solr when you guys get it ready
16:00 libsysguy so there would be no delay in adding records with solr
16:01 wizzyrea does anyone know, is the patch for apache2 out yet?
16:02 wizzyrea the one that fixes the super-exploit discovered a couple of weeks ago?
16:02 hdl actually, there is an indexing queue we are working on at the moment because on 400000 records, and the way koha is structured... (touching items multiple times in the circulation process) the indexing process would slow down the circulation process.
16:02 hdl Which is not good.
16:03 wizzyrea ^^ very not good
16:03 libsysguy right we'd have the same issue since we have 500000 records
16:03 wizzyrea 500000 bibs?
16:03 libsysguy yup
16:03 wizzyrea cool
16:03 hdl So there will is delay, but it is a deamon which sends records to solr some biblios at once.
16:03 libsysguy or close to it
16:04 hdl it packs biblios and sends them to solr
16:04 libsysguy gotcha
16:04 hdl Therefore, less indexing.
16:04 libsysguy have you worked out the delay time yet?
16:05 libsysguy or is it variable
16:06 hdl libsysguy: it depends on your volume of biblio/items record edition at once.
16:06 libsysguy gotcha
16:07 libsysguy so if we added 22K new ebooks all at once it would be slower?
16:08 Johnindy joined #koha
16:08 hdl it indexes 200 biblio edits in less than 2 mn at the moment but we are indexing 10 by 10 which is a parameter we will raise up to 100.
16:08 hdl But we are experimenting so that we find the best parameters for that at the moment.
16:09 libsysguy ok cool
16:10 hdl I hope we can also master some shards implementation and mergeFactor so that indexing time is reduced.
16:10 libsysguy that would be all for faster indexing
16:15 wizzyrea can someone verify for me -- the buttons on to reorder/delete holds
16:16 wizzyrea none of them seem to be working, they all seem to try and place the hold again for that person
16:16 wizzyrea instead of reordering the holds
16:16 oleonard I've seen that too wizzyrea, and I thought there was a bug report for it
16:16 wizzyrea i suspect this has something to do with the patch that changed to use borrowernumber instead of cardnumber
16:16 wizzyrea hmm
16:16 wizzyrea i will look thanks owen
16:19 hdl wizzyrea: we fixed that one on master.
16:20 wizzyrea oo, when?
16:20 hdl on our branch.
16:20 hdl Maybe sophie_m could take the patches for that.
16:20 hdl And send them.
16:20 wizzyrea that would be super :D
16:20 oleonard Why haven't they been submitted already?
16:21 oleonard Bug 6691
16:21 wizzyrea i'd sign off on them :)
16:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6691 critical, P5, ---, pianohacker, NEW , Can't place hold even with override on
16:21 oleonard No, not that one.
16:21 oleonard Bug 6687
16:21 wizzyrea no, def not
16:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6687 critical, P5, ---, ian.walls, NEW , cannot move people in the holds queue
16:21 wizzyrea YES that
16:21 hdl oleonard: because we need to rebase /rewrite all the patches.
16:21 hdl because of tt move.
16:22 wizzyrea ooo
16:25 * oleonard didn't realize the bug was that old
16:26 nengard is now known as nengard_lunch
16:26 wizzyrea actually, I think this is the 2nd time it has happened
16:26 wizzyrea hdl, I don't think that your patches would help on this, since the thing that broke it was post TT
16:27 wizzyrea but I could be completely misunderstanding.
16:27 hdl wizzyrea: would need to see what is causing that.
16:28 hdl wizzyrea: I definitely think that selenium tests would help.
16:28 hdl (if it is the second time the problem occur, it is one time too much)
16:28 wizzyrea mhm
16:34 * oleonard thought he had tested that holds bug, sees from his comment on the bug that he did...and forgot he had commented.
16:34 wizzyrea I've looked at that before too
16:34 wizzyrea and I also forgot
16:35 wizzyrea hdl: thanks for the selenium idea
16:35 wizzyrea I hadn't ever looked at that before.
16:35 wizzyrea fascinating
16:39 * jcamins crashes LibreOffice.
16:39 jcamins Don't do a Replace All to globally change the font in a file of labels.
16:39 wizzyrea oops
16:39 hdl left #koha
16:51 wizzyrea chris_n about?
16:51 chris_n here
16:52 wizzyrea question on 6841 -- I've backed down the necessary permissions to set the branch from circ to view catalog
16:52 chris_n k
16:52 wizzyrea and I've made the template look for "can user edit catalogue"
16:52 wizzyrea to allow changes only to catalogers
16:52 wizzyrea but I wonder if that's best for all "independent branches"
16:52 wizzyrea libraries
16:52 wahanui libraries are the kings of overcomplication
16:52 wizzyrea *giggle*
16:52 wizzyrea how apt.
16:52 chris_n heh
16:53 chris_n I could see situations where there is non-centralized cataloging where one may not want the catalogers to be able to change their branch
16:53 wizzyrea what do you think? I think in any case, view catalogue is all that is required to change set branch
16:53 * chris_n screams as he sees yet another syspref coming
16:54 wizzyrea no no
16:54 wizzyrea I won't do that to you
16:54 chris_n :-)
16:54 wizzyrea i'm sure there's a solution
16:54 jcamins nengard_lunch: if you notice that the RSS/Atom feed for isn't working, could you let me know?
16:54 chris_n wizzyrea: what you've done sounds good to me
16:54 wizzyrea s/is required/all that should be required
16:55 wizzyrea it would certainly fix your problem. Is there another permission that would be better?
16:55 wizzyrea (for the template)
16:55 wizzyrea i'm looking at them and I just don't know
16:56 chris_n no, I think that it makes sense to make it dependent upon catalogue edit permission
16:56 chris_n unless we want to create a permission for the label tool
16:56 wizzyrea it seems logical to me that there would be cases in most independent branches setup that would require changing the set branch sometimes
16:56 wizzyrea from a cataloger's point of view
16:57 wizzyrea what it looked for originally
16:57 wizzyrea was "can user management"
16:57 chris_n sheesh
16:57 * chris_n is really not paying attention
16:57 chris_n sorry
16:57 wizzyrea sok
16:57 chris_n yes
16:58 chris_n I think that's sound reasoning
16:58 * chris_n looks at the permissions a moment
16:58 * wizzyrea is just trying to think of the broader implications of such a change
16:58 wizzyrea it's easy enough to fix. :)
16:59 wizzyrea but *should* it be fixed in the way I'm thinking
16:59 chris_n I'm not sure where else we would put it
17:00 wizzyrea "can set branch" or some nonsense.
17:00 chris_n and I cannot think of a situation in which one would want to prevent the viewing of certain branches catalogs
17:00 wizzyrea k, i'll go ahead and submit it
17:00 chris_n branch's even
17:00 wizzyrea and if they don't like it
17:00 wizzyrea well
17:00 wizzyrea you'll have the patch anyway :)
17:01 wizzyrea but, right after lunch :P
17:01 * chris_n passes wizzyrea some fresh guacamole sauce and chips
17:01 wizzyrea YUM
17:01 wizzyrea thanks!
17:01 chris_n thanks to you
17:09 trea is now known as trea-lunch
17:12 nengard_lunch is now known as nengard
17:24 jcamins nengard: I changed the RSS/Atom feeds for my website. Let me know if you have any problems.
17:24 jcamins nengard: I already told you that, sorry for the repeat.
17:24 * jcamins has a case of the Mondays, too.
17:24 * jcamins corects his to-do list so he doesn't tell nengard a third time.
17:24 nengard i missed it the first time, so glad you repeated it
17:25 matts_away is now known as matts
17:26 jcamins Always glad to belabor the point. :)
17:26 jcamins Whatever the point might be.
17:33 matts is now known as matts_away
17:34 rhcl joined #koha
17:43 Emery joined #koha
17:45 Emery can anyone help me? many people have tried but no-one can find out why, after upgrade to 3.40.40 search breaks, zebra srv is running and everything is fine, i go back to 3.2 and search works !?!?!?!?!? :o so if anyone wants to help it would be apriciated
17:48 libsysguy not an upgrade expert but was teh search server running as a daemon?
17:49 Emery yes
17:49 Emery sorry, for slow responce
17:50 libsysguy its ok
17:50 Emery yeah i dont know what happens
17:51 libsysguy you might want to stop the daemon and just move the server script to /etc/init.d
17:51 libsysguy i think the daemon is depricated
17:51 Emery what do you mean? move the script, it is already at /etc/init.d ...
17:52 libsysguy right but its the daemon script no?
17:53 Emery yes it is
17:53 libsysguy right so that is the wrong script to be in there
17:53 Emery oh
17:54 Emery so what am i moving?
17:55 coryj_away left #koha
17:56 Emery im confused ...
17:56 libsysguy one sec
17:56 Emery ok
17:57 Emery note: when i do perl Makefile.PL this error occours,
17:57 Emery Warning: per
17:57 Emery ignore ^^
17:58 Emery Warning: prerequisite CGI::Session::Driver::memcached 0.04 not found
17:58 Emery Warning: prerequisite CGI::Session:: Driver::memcached 0.04 not found
17:58 Emery Warning: prerequisite Template 2.22 not found
17:58 libsysguy this should help with the above errors[…]modules_on_Debian
17:59 Emery ok
17:59 libsysguy i can't seem to remember the name of that file
17:59 Emery ok, i will do that and will be back once im done :D
18:01 Emery installing ...
18:02 libsysguy ok so im pretty sure you ln -s /koha-dev/bin/ to /etc/init.d/koha-zebra-daemon
18:02 Emery do you know if it will erase my records on update?
18:02 libsysguy and then run rc-d update
18:02 Emery ok
18:02 Emery it has not finshed yet
18:02 libsysguy umm have you backed up your db just incase?
18:03 Emery no, but i only have 2 records at the moment, no big deal
18:03 libsysguy it shouldn't but i would most certainly wait until its finished
18:03 libsysguy oh haha
18:03 Emery ok
18:04 Emery it errors unable to locate package
18:04 libsysguy what package
18:04 ibeardslee joined #koha
18:05 Emery the one you tolde me to install
18:05 libsysguy I don't think I've told you to install any package
18:05 libsysguy what exactly did you run?
18:05 Emery the link you gave me to install the missing stuf
18:05 trea-lunch is now known as trea
18:06 libsysguy oh the wiki
18:06 wahanui rumour has it the wiki is
18:06 Emery yea
18:06 Emery it cant find them
18:06 Emery i am on the step where it says
18:06 libsysguy so you did libtemplate-perl?
18:07 libsysguy and libsession-driver-memcached-perl
18:07 Emery no ... ?
18:07 Emery i was fallowing what it said to do
18:07 libsysguy right but keep in mind these are abstract as to fit your pacakges
18:08 libsysguy so foo-bar would refer to your package
18:08 wizzyrea heh
18:08 Emery yeah
18:08 wizzyrea you want to do sudo apt-get install libtemplate-perl
18:08 Emery ok
18:08 wizzyrea and sudo apt-get install libsession-driver-memcached-perl
18:09 wizzyrea then try your makefile again.
18:09 Emery unable to locate package libtemplate-perl
18:10 wizzyrea what OS?
18:10 Emery ubuntu
18:10 Emery 10.10
18:10 libsysguy you can also try cpan install Template
18:10 Emery ok
18:10 wizzyrea sudo cpan install Template
18:11 libsysguy ^^
18:11 libsysguy my bad
18:11 cait joined #koha
18:11 libsysguy cait :D
18:11 Emery it errors : dont use install , just cpan Template
18:11 cait hi libsysguy
18:11 Emery should i do that?
18:11 wizzyrea sudo cpan -i Template
18:11 cait should I be scared?
18:11 libsysguy i want to schedule a meeting with you and sekjal about notices
18:11 wizzyrea yes. oh, wait.
18:12 wizzyrea you meant about libsysguy.
18:12 wizzyrea >.>
18:12 libsysguy hehe
18:12 wizzyrea nah, prolly not.
18:12 Emery do i want to build the XS Stash module ???
18:12 libsysguy yes to all
18:12 wizzyrea ^^
18:12 Emery ok
18:12 libsysguy there will be a lot...hope you are in for some rapid Y pressing
18:13 Emery lol
18:13 Emery Sure! thats always fun :D
18:13 Emery Install -- OK
18:14 Emery no what? re-do perl Makefile.PL
18:14 Emery now what? re-do perl Makefile.PL
18:14 libsysguy after you do that for all the missing packages
18:14 libsysguy so memcached too
18:14 Emery oh, how do i install that
18:14 wizzyrea sudo apt-get install libsession-driver-memcached-perl
18:15 Emery thanks
18:16 Emery Unable To Locate libsession-driver-memcached-perl
18:16 libsysguy then build it with cpan just like you did with template
18:16 Emery ok
18:17 Emery that would be sudo cpan -i libsession-drive.....
18:17 libsysguy replace the - with ::
18:17 Emery ok
18:17 libsysguy and strip the lib
18:17 libsysguy and perl
18:17 Emery ok
18:17 wizzyrea sudo cpan -i session::driver::memcached
18:17 Emery ok
18:17 cait libsysguy: ok, ask me in 15 minutes ;)
18:18 libsysguy haha
18:18 libsysguy will do
18:18 wizzyrea actually
18:18 cait is now known as cait_dinner
18:18 Emery Command not Found
18:18 wizzyrea that will be sudo cpan -i CGI::session::driver::memcached
18:18 libsysguy hehe oops i missed that one
18:18 Emery ok
18:18 Emery :D
18:19 Emery Command not Found
18:19 libsysguy emery what library do you work for that only has 2 books
18:19 wizzyrea oh bother. one more for the girls in the back.
18:19 wizzyrea sudo cpan -i CGI::Session::Driver::memcached
18:19 Emery lol, We have not finished entering our records yet :p
18:19 libsysguy how many do you have?
18:19 Emery 500
18:20 Emery approx
18:21 Emery Unable To Locate libsession-driver-memcached-perl
18:21 wizzyrea command not found or package not found? I just verified that CGI::Session::Driver::memcached installs
18:21 Emery yes, i just did that, typo :D but ,
18:21 Emery Unable To Locate libsession-driver-memcached-perl
18:21 Emery still :s
18:21 wizzyrea if you typed that you typed it wrong.
18:21 libsysguy so you are typing exactly this: udo cpan -i CGI::Session::Driver::memcached
18:21 libsysguy sudo**
18:22 Emery yes, i have done that
18:22 Emery and it worked
18:22 libsysguy ok then that is all you need
18:22 Emery oh
18:22 Emery so i dont do sudo apt-get install ...
18:22 libsysguy nope
18:22 Emery ok
18:22 libsysguy rerun the installer
18:22 Emery ok
18:24 Emery Warning: prerequisite CGI::Session:: Driver::memcached 0.04 not found
18:24 Emery :'(
18:24 libsysguy its cool
18:24 libsysguy with 500 records I doubt your using it
18:25 Emery ok, that is good :D
18:25 Emery so i continue?
18:25 libsysguy yeah you should be able to proceed
18:25 Emery ok
18:25 Emery i have done make
18:25 Emery doing make test now
18:26 libsysguy gotta run for a bit
18:26 libsysguy is now known as libsysguy_afk
18:26 Emery yep
18:26 Emery almost done, i hope :D
18:26 Emery RESULT: PASS :D
18:26 Emery sudo make upgrade?
18:27 wizzyrea \o/
18:27 Emery yes?
18:27 wizzyrea is that what the instructions say?
18:27 Emery umm, i dont know, i think so ...
18:27 Emery i have not looked in awhile
18:27 wizzyrea you know what they say
18:28 wizzyrea give a man a fish and he'll be hungry tomorrow. Teach a man to fish and he'll never go hungry again.
18:28 Emery lol
18:28 wizzyrea go fishing. ;)
18:28 Emery yay :D i love fishing
18:28 Emery ok, i have done that and there is an error :( as fallows
18:28 Emery chown: invalid user: 'koha:koha'
18:29 Emery make *** [set_koha_ownership] Error 1
18:29 wizzyrea do you have a koha user and group?
18:29 Emery i though i did
18:29 Emery maybe not :o
18:30 Emery i will create them
18:30 Emery do i have to re-do perl Makefile.PL after or can i just re-do sudo make upgrade
18:31 wizzyrea ok, first. You should probably be logged in as your Koha user to be doing this
18:32 Emery oh
18:32 Emery sudo -u koha ?
18:32 wizzyrea yep
18:32 Emery ok
18:32 Emery created user and group
18:33 * wizzyrea has no idea what state your permissions are in
18:33 Emery now do i have to re run the Makefile.PL or can i log in as koha and run sudo make upgrade
18:33 Emery that may not be good :o
18:33 wizzyrea I would log in as koha and run the makefile again, but I'm cautious like that
18:33 Emery ok
18:33 Emery will do
18:35 Emery oh no
18:35 Emery Unable to open MakeMaker.tmp Permission denied
18:35 wizzyrea heh.
18:35 Emery :s
18:36 wizzyrea looks like you have a date with the googles.
18:36 Emery :(
18:36 nengard i need some report help - i need a report that shows all the patrons who have email addresses on their account but do not get the hold filled email - here's what I have ... but i'm not sure this is right
18:36 nengard select  b.branchcode, b.surname, b.firstname, b.cardnumber,
18:36 nengard from borrowers b WHERE b.borrowernumber NOT IN (SELECT borrowernumber from borrower_message_preferences p where  p.message_attribute_id = 4) and is not null order by b.branchcode, b.surname, b.firstname, asc
18:36 Emery wizzyrea, how do i fix this?
18:37 Emery do i give perrmissions to the user koha or ...?
18:38 Emery ...
18:38 wizzyrea
18:39 Emery ok
18:39 Emery REally?
18:39 Emery :D thats the second time today
18:39 wizzyrea that's the way we figure out our problems.
18:39 cait_dinner nengard: do you have a  little time for it?
18:39 wizzyrea remember that saying about teaching a man to fish?
18:39 Emery i hate google
18:39 Emery yeah yeah
18:39 wizzyrea that's your right.
18:40 Emery i will do that
18:40 cait_dinner nengard: i could try to figure it out in a few minutes
18:40 oleonard Emery: You hate Google, or you hate searching for the answers to your questions? There are other search engines if it's the former.
18:41 wizzyrea more specifically, in those results
18:41 wizzyrea http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]ha-td3395866.html
18:42 Emery i just hate searching for awnsers :D
18:42 wizzyrea perhaps you're in the wrong line of work :P
18:42 oleonard :|
18:42 Emery :D ehh, feeling lazy today
18:43 Emery Just like all the suckers who have to go to school today :D
18:43 wizzyrea me too *yawn*
18:43 Emery lol
18:43 * oleonard is feeling lazier by the minute.
18:43 * wizzyrea wanders off to do something productive.
18:43 Emery what time is it where you are?
18:43 Emery its 11:42 am here
18:44 oleonard Productivity time.
18:44 Emery lol
18:44 wizzyrea ^^
18:44 Emery Hel[p
18:44 Emery i ran
18:44 Emery sudo -u koha make upgrade
18:45 Emery and it still errors but this time it is , Cant write-open blib/man3 ...
18:45 Emery i geuss i will googles it :/
18:47 Emery google says to do it as root
18:47 Emery but you say to do it as koha
18:47 Emery im confused
18:49 chris_n` joined #koha
18:49 chris_n is now known as Guest9213
18:49 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
18:49 Emery help?
18:51 Emery i geuss i dont get help ..
18:52 Emery :( *sniff* *sniff*
18:54 hankbank joined #koha
18:54 Emery help?
18:55 Emery ARG
18:55 Emery search is broken
18:56 Guest9213 left #koha
18:59 Emery :'(
19:01 hdl joined #koha
19:03 wizzyrea chris_n: bug 6841
19:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6841 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, wizzyrea, ASSIGNED , A member with cataloging permissions cannot change branches (when independent branches is set on)
19:03 wizzyrea bbiab
19:03 Emery can you help me now?
19:03 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6841] A member with cataloging permissions cannot change branches (when independent branches is set on) <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6841>
19:04 Emery i have suscessfully installed koha 3.4 but search still broken
19:05 Emery please
19:05 oleonard searching faq?
19:05 wahanui i think searching faq is at[…]on/faq/searching/
19:05 Emery i have looked ther
19:05 AndroUser joined #koha
19:05 Emery it does not help
19:06 Emery and my problem is not there
19:07 Emery :(
19:08 AndroUser is now known as lizzzzzzzzzy
19:09 Emery plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
19:09 Emery helpssssssssssssssss
19:12 jwagner Emery, it doesn't look like anyone is available right now who can help you. You might try back later when users in another timezone are online.
19:13 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6390] Basket only visible for librarian who created it <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6390>
19:15 Emery ok
19:15 Emery bye
19:15 Emery left #koha
19:17 mib_56ic17 joined #koha
19:18 mib_56ic17 left #koha
19:19 cait_dinner nengard++
19:19 nengard cait++  (for report help)
19:21 libsysguy_afk is now known as libsysguy
19:21 AndroUser2 joined #koha
19:22 lizzzzzzzzzzzzzy joined #koha
19:22 AndroUser2 left #koha
19:23 lizzzzzzzzzzzzzy left #koha
19:28 lizzzzzzzzzy left #koha
19:35 hdl left #koha
19:45 pelletiermaxime Is there any doc in the wiki or anywhere on how to run the Test::More suite in t/ ?
19:46 rangi Morning
19:46 pelletiermaxime not sure what I need to do before running the db_dependent tests
19:46 oleonard Hi rangi
19:48 cait_dinner morning rangi
19:50 libsysguy cait_dinner: i forgot to bug you
19:50 libsysguy aww i was hoping bug you would make the bot jump
19:51 cait_dinner is now known as cait
19:51 cait bug me now
19:51 libsysguy hehe
19:51 rangi perl t/db_dependent/name.t oughta do it
19:51 libsysguy ok poke cait
19:51 cait make the bot jump?
19:51 libsysguy yeah like if you do bug 1234
19:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1234 enhancement, P2, ---, paul.poulain, RESOLVED WORKSFORME, Parameter: Bar Code # Prefix for book / patron searching
19:51 libsysguy hehe
19:51 rangi hmm
19:52 pelletiermaxime rangi: really? Ok, must be a problem on my db because I get fk constraints fails :/
19:52 rangi no change to the syspref .sql for bug 6390 either ... has magnuses patch been pushed so we dont need that? I think even with that still need english eh
19:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6390 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, ef, ASSIGNED , Basket only visible for librarian who created it
19:53 rangi what test pelletiermaxime ?
19:53 pelletiermaxime Members
19:53 jwagner left #koha
19:53 libsysguy anyway so between when and when are you cool with meeting
19:53 rangi you could look at jenkins see how it runs them?
19:53 libsysguy sekjal I think prefers after 3 his time
19:53 libsysguy which is after 2 my time
19:53 rangi
19:53 tcohen left #koha
19:54 rangi im on the bus so hard for me to look
19:54 cait what time is it for younow?
19:54 pelletiermaxime rangi: ok thanks. Trying to figure out how jenkins work hehe
19:54 cait libsysguy:
19:54 libsysguy 2:53
19:54 libsysguy what time is it for you now?
19:55 libsysguy oh almost 10
19:56 cait almot 10 pm
19:56 cait 7 hours
19:56 libsysguy i see...well I have classes kind of randomly throughout the day
19:57 cait evening is better for me - but not too late
19:57 pelletiermaxime rangi: the test adds a member with S as a categorycode. Surely I need to have something in my bd before executing the tests ?
19:57 Jesse left #koha
19:57 libsysguy so around 5 or evening like 8 or 9
19:58 cait not later than 10 pm for me
19:58 rangi ah yeah the sample data
19:58 cait for before now your time
19:59 libsysguy ok so im always free at 1
19:59 libsysguy i wonder how that works for sekjal
20:00 sekjal tomorrow at 1pm (Eastern) is the Koha IRC meeting... I imagine that will be going on for at least two hours
20:01 sekjal thursday or friday I'm pretty free midday
20:02 pelletiermaxime hmmm and where can I find that sample data ?
20:02 cait oh yes, tomorrow!
20:02 cait almost forgot about it
20:02 cait the meeting...
20:03 rangi someone should send a reminder now
20:03 cait sekjal: could you look at bug 6537 when you have time?
20:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6537 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, magnus, ASSIGNED , Simplified sysprefs for the web installer
20:03 libsysguy thursday would work best for me
20:03 cait if we get that in it will get a lot less work to add new sys prefs
20:04 rangi yeah that would rule
20:05 cait libsysguy: what do you want to achieve with the meeting?
20:05 cait brain storming?
20:05 libsysguy yes basically
20:05 libsysguy just to make sure we have all of our bases covered
20:05 libsysguy and maybe generate some interest
20:06 pelletiermaxime ah, it's in the installer. Never used it before hehe
20:07 cait ok
20:08 cait :)
20:08 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
20:08 cait just let me know when and where
20:08 libsysguy ok so thursday at 1?
20:08 libsysguy i can send out the email?
20:09 rangi send out a reminder for general meeting too while ur at it :)
20:09 libsysguy hehe ok :)
20:10 rangi ok my bus stop bbiab
20:10 hdl joined #koha
20:11 cait 1 + 7 = 8 here
20:12 cait that should be ok
20:13 oleonard left #koha
20:21 sekjal cait: do you know if the new files for 6537 were generated algorithmically, or manually?
20:21 cait not sure
20:22 cait I think manually perhaps
20:22 cait you only have to do it once
20:22 cait but I don't think we had language specific changes recently
20:23 cait and only en needs to include all files
20:23 cait magnus_away will be back on thursday
20:24 rangi back
20:25 Brooke joined #koha
20:25 Brooke @later tell Oak A Peck on the Cheek
20:25 huginn Brooke: The operation succeeded.
20:25 Brooke left #koha
20:28 sekjal 6537 passed QA
20:31 rangi w00t w00t
20:31 rangi looks like ive got some pushing to do
20:34 nengard :)
20:36 rangi ohh bug's first patch
20:37 hdl bug 6537
20:37 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6537 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, magnus, ASSIGNED , Simplified sysprefs for the web installer
20:38 rangi libsysguy++ #for the reminder email
20:38 libsysguy welcome
20:39 cait bugs first patch?
20:39 rangi bug 6724
20:39 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6724 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, brett, ASSIGNED , Holds Ratio does not allow decimals
20:40 cait is his nickname bug?
20:40 rangi yes
20:40 * wizzyrea giggles
20:41 rangi libsysguy: your reward
20:42 cait :)
20:42 libsysguy i love crazy mixes
20:47 nengard left #koha
20:49 rangi 154 already
20:57 hankbank left #koha
20:59 cait good night all
21:00 cait left #koha
21:00 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6732 : Showing the bibliographic title on the manual invoices line <[…]0c0c252b5550da2d0> / Updating about file and history doc <[…]466447012b1b2775b> / bug 6724: enable decimals on values greater than 1 <[…]web/?p=koha.git;a
21:06 hdl left #koha
21:06 jenkins_koha Starting build 403 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #385 19 j ago)
21:10 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Follow up for 6665 : Fixing the hide_marc pref also <[…]f6eea542f38f60de3> / Bug 6665 : TT problem was preventing AdvancedMARCEditor pref from working when catalo... <[…]a870bd2cb5e021e9e> / Bug 6555 : only 10 lists show in the staff client <http://git.koha-c
21:14 rangi testing 6537 now
21:15 sekjal rangi:  cool.  gtg.
21:15 sekjal have a good night, #koha
21:15 rangi cya sekjal
21:15 sekjal left #koha
21:32 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6537 [SIGNED-OFF] follow-up = removing non specific lines for french unimarc <[…]3e89c4a40886d0049> / Bug 6537 - squashed version of the previous 5 commits, signed-off <[…]378c69825ddac2a43>
21:41 trea is now known as trea-away
21:43 libsysguy left #koha
21:48 pelletiermaxime left #koha
21:51 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #403: STILL UNSTABLE in 45 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/403/
21:52 jenkins_koha * brett: bug 6724: enable decimals on values greater than 1
21:52 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Updating about file and history doc
21:52 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6732 : Showing the bibliographic title on the manual invoices line
21:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6724 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, brett, ASSIGNED , Holds Ratio does not allow decimals
21:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6732 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW , Missing Title for Manual Invoice
21:52 jenkins_koha Starting build 404 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #385 19 j ago)
22:03 danielg1 joined #koha
22:03 rangi heya danielg1
22:10 danielg2 joined #koha
22:11 danielg1 left #koha
22:18 danielg2 left #koha
22:30 tahoejohn joined #koha
22:30 danielg2 joined #koha
22:36 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #404: STILL UNSTABLE in 43 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/404/
22:36 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Bug 5605 [ENH] SIP: Add Support for the Fee Paid Message
22:36 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6555 : only 10 lists show in the staff client
22:36 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5605 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, colin.campbell, ASSIGNED , Add Support for SIP Fee Paid Message
22:36 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6665 : TT problem was preventing AdvancedMARCEditor pref from working when cataloguing
22:36 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Follow up for 6665 : Fixing the hide_marc pref also
22:36 jenkins_koha * magnus: Bug 6537 - squashed version of the previous 5 commits, signed-off
22:36 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 6537 [SIGNED-OFF] follow-up = removing non specific lines for french unimarc
22:36 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6555 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , only 10 lists in pull down when adding from a bib record
22:36 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6665 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, NEW , advancedMARCeditor preference not functioning
22:36 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6537 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, magnus, ASSIGNED , Simplified sysprefs for the web installer
22:38 danielg2 left #koha
22:59 danielg joined #koha
23:02 tahoejohn left #koha
23:03 miguel left #koha
23:07 danielg left #koha
23:09 danielg joined #koha
23:13 miguel joined #koha
23:17 danielg left #koha
23:23 Soupermanito joined #koha
23:27 daniel_g joined #koha
23:28 daniel_g hi
23:28 wahanui hola, daniel_g
23:28 daniel_g good gosh, i just spent a couple hours trying various ways to get here
23:30 daniel_g pidgin, irc2go, work, home. wresting with nicksrv & ident. finally got here via plain old mibbit and a new nick
23:36 rangi heh
23:40 daniel_g left #koha
23:54 rhcl so much for the mibbit connection....

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary