IRC log for #koha, 2011-08-25

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Fix for Bug 6602 - Reports dictionary doesn't properly recognize text columns <[…]b4aad591d17359830>
00:02 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6727] can't import frameworks <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6727>
00:14 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'kc/new/bug_5498' into kcmaster <[…]03f48e94fab0bb308> / Follow-up fix for Bug 5498, Standardize markup and style of pagination menus <[…]7b32108e6cf14a5a5>
00:17 cait joined #koha
00:17 cait hi again #koha
00:31 JesseM joined #koha
00:32 JesseM left #koha
00:35 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #392: STILL UNSTABLE in 44 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/392/
00:35 jenkins_koha oleonard: Fix for Bug 6602 - Reports dictionary doesn't properly recognize text columns
00:35 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6602 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Reports dictionary doesn't properly recognize text columns
00:36 jenkins_koha Starting build 393 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #385 6 j 14 h ago)
00:38 mtj left #koha
00:38 eythian left #koha
00:38 wizzyrea left #koha
00:38 jcamins_away left #koha
00:38 gmcharlt left #koha
00:38 bg left #koha
00:38 rangi left #koha
00:38 mtj joined #koha
00:38 eythian joined #koha
00:38 wizzyrea joined #koha
00:38 gmcharlt joined #koha
00:38 bg joined #koha
00:38 jcamins_away joined #koha
00:38 rangi joined #koha
00:41 rangi where are you now cait ?
00:43 cait hotel
00:43 cait finaly
00:43 cait we had to take a taxi from the station, was too late
00:43 sekjal joined #koha
00:43 cait hi sekjal
00:44 sekjal hi cait
00:44 rangi glad you made to the hotel
00:44 rangi and the hotel has wifi?
00:46 cait nope
00:46 cait or yes it has, but using umts
00:46 cait way cheaper
00:46 rangi ah ok
00:46 cait 3 euro/hour vs. 2.50 for 24 hours
00:46 rangi wow
00:46 rangi yes
00:48 cait time to sleep - long day tomorrow :)
00:49 cait bye all
00:49 rangi sleep well
00:49 rangi and have fun
00:49 cait left #koha
00:50 rangi https://infomalias.wordpress.c[…]gaining-momentum/
00:50 rangi good to see its 3.4.4 :)
01:11 NateC joined #koha
01:13 druthb joined #koha
01:13 druthb o/
01:14 Agent_Dani \o
01:14 * Agent_Dani just got home from class.
01:14 NateC left #koha
01:18 mtj rangi:  wow, great news re: maldives libraries
01:19 mtj and heathnet, nepal++ :)
01:19 mtj s/heath/health/
01:20 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #393: STILL UNSTABLE in 44 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/393/
01:20 jenkins_koha oleonard: Follow-up fix for Bug 5498, Standardize markup and style of pagination menus
01:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5498 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Standardize markup and style of pagination menus
01:24 mtj ... its great seeing koha installation knowledge spreading around the world
01:31 meliameggs left #koha
01:32 druthb left #koha
02:07 mtj
02:18 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5866] At larger hold volume, for all libraries times out, can cause generalized slowness <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5866>
02:19 Brooke joined #koha
02:19 Brooke kia ora
02:20 rangi hi brooke
02:20 Brooke :) howdy
02:20 sekjal oooh, that's a free Pass QA if anyone can test and verify that it does indeed reduce slowness on a large hold volume
02:20 sekjal (easy patch to read)
02:21 rangi yeah i need liz or someone with a big db of holds
02:21 rangi it sped it up on mine, but i want to know if that was the only cause of slowness (it was doing an exhaustive search)
02:22 sekjal I can't see how it could slow anything down
02:22 sekjal except possible the time to do the database update
02:22 sekjal but that's a one-time thing
02:23 sekjal would I could do more, but my eyes are crossing.  time for some rest
02:25 rangi yep
02:40 bg ah that could be pretty sweet
02:40 bg thinking if I have a sample somewhere…
02:40 bg maybe vokal test?
02:41 bg the database is getting refreshed this weekend
02:42 sekjal wouldn't even have to apply the patch; could just make the change in the DB directly
02:43 rangi yup
02:43 sekjal record the time it takes before application, the time it takes to actually do the indexing, and the time it takes after
02:43 sekjal that would make a QA Manager VERY happy
02:43 bg yeah that's what I was thinking
02:43 bg not worried about the patch :)
02:44 sekjal alright, the next thing to make the QA Manager happy is some sleep
02:44 sekjal night, all
02:44 sekjal left #koha
02:44 bg 1500 holds in there
02:45 bg is that big enough?
02:45 rangi rule the query in there now
02:45 rangi just in mysql
02:45 rangi and it will tell you how long it takes
02:46 rangi if it takes a while, then yep
02:46 bg 0.00 sec
02:46 bg not big enough though only 139 rows
02:46 bg for the query
02:46 rangi yeah
02:47 rangi how many in nekls?
02:47 rangi since they reported it
02:47 rangi (there test db maybe)
02:47 rangi their even
02:47 rangi :)
02:48 bg 6768 holds
02:49 bg 1566 in query - seemed pretty fast though
02:49 bg (0.00 sec)
02:49 rangi hmm
02:49 rangi can you do this for me
02:49 rangi explain then the query
02:50 bg explain SELECT borrowernumber,reservedate,itemnumber,waitingdate FROM reserves
02:50 bg WHERE   priority='0'  AND found='W';
02:50 bg or explain;
02:50 bg then the query
02:50 rangi the first
02:50 wahanui rumour has it the first is the command i ran
02:50 bg cool - what do you want to know
02:51 bg I ran the first
02:51 rangi is it using an index now?
02:51 bg key = priorityfoundidx
02:51 rangi ohh
02:51 rangi so you have already created the index
02:51 bg yup
02:51 bg did that first
02:51 rangi ahh
02:51 rangi dang
02:52 rangi now we cant tell if it sped it up or not
02:52 rangi :)
02:52 bg ahhh...
02:52 rangi altho 0.00 is pretty fast :)
02:52 bg heh
02:52 rangi you should be able to drop it
02:52 bg I can run that fast
02:52 rangi drop index priorityfoundidx;
02:52 rangi then try the explain, and just the query
02:52 talljoy left #koha
02:52 rangi see if its much slower
02:53 bg DROP INDEX priorityfoundidx;
02:53 bg no cigar
02:54 rangi hmm i cant remember the command
02:54 * rangi googles
02:54 bg nope it's not dropping for me
02:54 eythian just 'drop' maybe
02:54 rangi ahhh
02:54 eythian or delete
02:54 eythian no, I think just drop
02:54 rangi alter table reserves drop index  priorityfoundidx;
02:54 rangi try that
02:55 bg yup does the trick
02:55 bg ok same result 0.00 - let me try explain
02:56 bg yup all NULL now
02:56 rangi yeah result will be in mysqls query cache now
02:56 rangi so hard to test
02:57 rangi i dunno if you can tell that to flush
02:58 bg well trying it in the staff-side (but my results are only 320)
02:58 rangi but the good news is, it doesnt make it any slower ;)
02:58 bg wait is this holds queue or holds awaiting
02:58 rangi holds awaiting
02:59 bg ah whoops
02:59 bg ok spinning away
03:01 bg still spinning
03:01 bg let me add the index and see what happens
03:02 rangi hmm if its still spinning it may be that that query is only part of the issue
03:02 bg well I added back the index and it's sitting there spinning away now
03:03 rangi right so thats only fixed a bit of it, there must be something else without an index
03:03 rangi in mysql
03:03 rangi can you run
03:03 rangi show full processlist;
03:04 bg what do you wanna know
03:05 rangi is there a query that has been running for a while there?
03:05 bg no
03:05 bg 3 rows all with a time of 0
03:05 rangi hmm, but it still spinning?
03:05 bg still spinning
03:05 rangi hmm ok ill keep hunting
03:07 bg ok that time it went through
03:07 bg I've got 1566 holds over
03:07 rangi but it took a while still eh?
03:07 bg I selected a branch that time
03:07 rangi yeah
03:07 bg I was in as NO_Library_set
03:07 bg let me try it again
03:07 rangi seems that a branch makes it faster, without a branch slower
03:08 Soupermanito joined #koha
03:08 Brooke 0/
03:09 rangi but the only thing different is the query it runs
03:09 bg yup took about 45 seconds to load
03:09 rangi right so its a function of the number of results returned it seems
03:09 rangi ok, well that index will speed it up, but it needs more speed, working on that now :)
03:10 Brooke Move to plaid!
03:10 bg :)
03:11 rangi ah ha
03:11 rangi yeah its the looping over each reserve that is the slow bit
03:11 eythian rangi: eventually we should hook this recommendations stuff to work with the star rating stuff.
03:12 Brooke
03:12 rangi yeah
03:14 rangi right i see what we are doing
03:14 rangi we are fetching a craptonne of info about the borrower
03:14 rangi when all we need is name, phone and email address
03:16 rangi yay
03:16 rangi got a fix
03:16 rangi do you have a sec to test something for me (it works on my 400 items) bg?
03:16 bg yup shoot it here
03:16 rangi in circ/
03:16 rangi there is a line
03:17 rangi my $getborrower  = GetMemberDetails( $num->{'borrowernumber'} );
03:17 rangi comment that out
03:17 rangi and replace it with
03:17 rangi my $getborrower = GetMember(borrowernumber => $num->{'borrowernumber'});
03:17 rangi then try the webpage again
03:19 bg yup about 15 secs
03:19 bg maybe less
03:19 rangi yay!
03:19 rangi will attach updated patch
03:20 bg that time about 8 secs
03:20 bg no stopwatch here
03:22 rangi k updated patch
03:22 bg cool
03:22 rangi creates index, and fixes the perl
03:22 bg noice
03:40 libsysguy1 joined #koha
03:41 Brooke 0/
03:42 libsysguy1 So I have a random question for anybody that feels up to answering it
03:42 libsysguy1 I know that Notifications really needs to be rewritten
03:42 libsysguy1 is there anybody out there interested in teaming up on it?
03:43 rangi probably better hitting the list with that
03:43 libsysguy1 the bugs list or the rfc wiki?
03:43 libsysguy1 I wasn't really sure where to start with it
03:44 rangi id email the main koha list, see if other libraries are interested
03:44 libsysguy1 ok will do
03:44 Brooke you might also want to put an rfc on the wiki if one isn't there
03:44 libsysguy1 on a scale of 1-10 how deep in it am I?
03:45 rangi its a fairly big job
03:45 libsysguy1 yeah that is what I thought.  I know that notifications are in at least 3 cron scripts but i haven't really looked anywhere else
03:48 rangi its mostly in a module
03:48 libsysguy1 I was afraid of that lol
03:54 Soupermanito left #koha
04:07 Oak joined #koha
04:07 Brooke hey oak :D
04:08 * Oak waves
04:08 Oak hey Brooke :^]
04:10 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
04:10 Amit_Gupta heya chris
04:10 Amit_Gupta Brendan there ?
04:10 Brooke hi Amit
04:11 bg hi amit
04:11 Amit_Gupta heya Brooke
04:11 Amit_Gupta bg: Brendan
04:11 bg yup
04:22 libsysguy1 left #koha
04:22 Brooke bid!
04:22 Brooke left #koha
04:24 Amit_Gupta left #koha
04:38 paulnz joined #koha
05:05 paulnz left #koha
05:08 jcamins_away left #koha
05:08 gmcharlt left #koha
05:08 eythian left #koha
05:08 rangi left #koha
05:08 bg left #koha
05:08 wizzyrea left #koha
05:08 mtj left #koha
05:09 mtj joined #koha
05:09 eythian joined #koha
05:09 wizzyrea joined #koha
05:09 gmcharlt joined #koha
05:09 bg joined #koha
05:09 jcamins_away joined #koha
05:09 rangi joined #koha
06:05 raj joined #koha
06:14 hdl joined #koha
06:15 raj hi
06:15 raj when we try to create barcode labels i get the following error.
06:16 raj "MarkIssueReturned" is not exported by the C4::Circulation modu
06:16 raj any suggestions?
06:37 raj ??
06:39 reiveune joined #koha
06:39 reiveune hello
06:39 wahanui hola, reiveune
06:46 julian joined #koha
06:51 reiveune left #koha
06:52 reiveune joined #koha
06:54 matts_away is now known as matts
06:57 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6772] Implementation of a recommendations engine <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6772>
06:58 lds joined #koha
07:05 raj left #koha
07:10 francharb joined #koha
07:11 francharb hello
07:14 Oak left #koha
07:14 cait joined #koha
07:15 cait morning
07:22 sophie_m joined #koha
07:32 hdl hi all
07:36 sophie_m hello #koha
07:43 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
07:45 magnuse kia ora #koha
07:58 magnuse woohoo for bug 6772!
07:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6772 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, robin, ASSIGNED , Implementation of a recommendations engine
08:01 cait left #koha
08:49 cait joined #koha
09:02 cait left #koha
09:04 chris_n` joined #koha
09:04 chris_n is now known as Guest7067
09:04 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
09:10 Guest7067 left #koha
09:39 jcamins_away left #koha
09:39 gmcharlt left #koha
09:39 eythian left #koha
09:39 rangi left #koha
09:39 bg left #koha
09:39 wizzyrea left #koha
09:39 mtj left #koha
09:40 mtj joined #koha
09:40 eythian joined #koha
09:40 wizzyrea joined #koha
09:40 gmcharlt joined #koha
09:40 bg joined #koha
09:40 jcamins_away joined #koha
09:40 rangi joined #koha
09:56 raj joined #koha
10:08 raj hi
10:08 raj anybody there?
10:09 raj rangi you there?
10:14 Oak joined #koha
10:14 * Oak waves
10:16 raj i am getting an issue in koha if anybody can help me please reply..
10:17 magnuse we won't know if we can help until you have described your problem, raj
10:19 raj thanks magnuse
10:19 raj i will provide the information now
10:20 raj when i try to create a label it generates the following error..
10:20 raj Software error:
10:25 matts is now known as matts_away
10:35 raj "MarkIssueReturned" is not exported by the C4::Circulation module
10:38 raj this what the error i got
10:39 magnuse hm, that's a strange error
10:39 magnuse what version are you using?
10:41 raj
10:42 raj using 64 bit cent os
10:42 magnuse hm, that's quite old, 3.4 is the current stable
10:42 magnuse any plans on upgrading?
10:44 raj tats ok but we are trying to migrage from 32 bit os to 64 bit and after the fresh installation of the 64 bit koha we have restored the old database. everything works fine now other than the issue while creating the label..
10:44 raj if upgarding is the only solution means we can do. but i prefer to solve this with out upgrading.
10:48 druthb joined #koha
10:48 druthb left #koha
10:50 raj this is the complete error log
10:51 raj "MarkIssueReturned" is not exported by the C4::Circulation module
10:51 raj Can't continue after import errors at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 27
10:51 raj BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 27.
10:51 raj Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 31.
10:51 raj BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 31.
10:51 raj Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 25.
10:51 raj BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 25.
10:52 raj any suggestion magnuse
10:54 magnuse looks like this issue might have been solved 3 years ago:[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2006
10:54 huginn Bug 2006: major, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, RESOLVED FIXED, Fines Payment Broken
10:55 raj looking magnuse
10:55 magnuse the patch is not attached to the bug...
10:56 magnuse if i were you i would at least upgrade to the most recent version of 3.2 - i believe that is 3.2.10
10:56 magnuse or preferably 3.4.4 which is the most recent stable
10:56 magnuse that will give you a ton of bugfixes and new features as well
10:57 raj sure magnuse
10:58 raj i will try to fix it or upgrade to the latest stable one :)
10:58 magnuse a quick and dirty fix might be something like adding "MarkIssueReturned" to the list of exported subroutines in C4/
10:59 raj even to /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ , am i right?
11:00 magnuse hm, not if the error says "MarkIssueReturned" is not exported by the C4::Circulation module
11:03 raj ooh it says so :(
11:08 Oak left #koha
11:19 druthb joined #koha
11:19 druthb o/
11:20 magnuse \o
11:20 magnuse is now known as magnus_lunch
11:28 jwagner joined #koha
11:42 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6786] False detection of index names in Search; make index names case insensitive <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6786>
11:43 Agent_Dani o/
11:57 matts_away is now known as matts
12:00 raj thanks magnuse the dirty fix worked for me .. thanks a lot
12:06 JesseM joined #koha
12:09 lds1 joined #koha
12:09 lds left #koha
12:15 NateC joined #koha
12:18 lds1 left #koha
12:19 oleonard joined #koha
12:19 lds joined #koha
12:20 druthb left #koha
12:22 oleonard left #koha
12:25 oleonard joined #koha
12:26 * oleonard tries again
12:26 oleonard Once again in a branch where the network admin has blocked IRC ports
12:26 oleonard ...and possibly whatever port git uses as well?
12:37 magnus_lunch sounds like fun...
12:39 oleonard Yeah, that limits my ability to get stuff done.
12:39 oleonard Oh well, just killing time before a meeting shortly.
12:40 sekjal joined #koha
12:46 oleonard left #koha
13:01 talljoy joined #koha
13:06 rangi` joined #koha
13:06 rangi left #koha
13:11 jcamins_1way joined #koha
13:11 jcamins_away left #koha
13:15 bg left #koha
13:15 bg joined #koha
13:22 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6755] Problems with switching languages <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6755>
13:23 gmcharlt left #koha
13:23 gmcharlt joined #koha
13:25 tcohen joined #koha
13:28 tcohen left #koha
13:29 wizzyrea left #koha
13:29 wizzyrea joined #koha
13:33 pelletiermaxime joined #koha
13:35 eythian left #koha
13:35 eythian joined #koha
13:36 mtj left #koha
13:37 tcohen joined #koha
13:37 mtj joined #koha
13:53 hdl left #koha
14:03 larryb joined #koha
14:03 hdl joined #koha
14:08 raj left #koha
14:13 rhcl_away is now known as rhcl
14:45 Soupermanito joined #koha
14:47 jcamins_1way is now known as jcamins
14:47 jcamins Good morning, #koha.
14:48 jcamins Was I "jcamins_1way" overnight?
14:48 jcamins Oops.
14:53 magnus_lunch is now known as magnus_afk
15:02 rhcl wonders if 10:00am is too early for lunch...
15:02 jwagner rhcl, call it brunch!
15:04 jcamins rhcl: it's 4:03pm in London- it's a late lunch!
15:04 rhcl I'll just call it food and eat it! Course, I'll have to sneak away so nobody knows I'm gone...
15:05 rhcl I know. Independent research. We need some more receipt printers, and I need to go see what Arby's uses.
15:05 rhcl And of course, I'll want to get a sample printout from their printers...
15:06 jcamins :)
15:07 Agent_Dani left #koha
15:08 rhcl So, anybody wanna talk about children's computers?
15:09 rhcl No takers, huh? OK, time's up.
15:11 rhcl @seen slef
15:11 huginn rhcl: slef was last seen in #koha 21 hours, 53 minutes, and 19 seconds ago: <slef> yes, that needs quite a few
15:11 jcamins Yale does not receive accolades for their thoroughness wrt making sure their holdings in their catalog match their holdings in OCLC.
15:12 rhcl something more than just a periodic update of their holdings?
15:12 jcamins It looks like when they had OCLC do a recon project, they failed to load some of the records.
15:12 rhcl maybe there's just an end-of-month update waiting to reflect new holdings recently added to their db?
15:14 jcamins Nah, it's an old RLIN record that wasn't loaded into their own catalog.
15:16 meliameggs joined #koha
15:22 Agent_Dani joined #koha
15:24 oleonard joined #koha
15:28 julian left #koha
15:29 * chris_n looks down the barrel of a loaded hurricane :P
15:30 * Agent_Dani will likely be just out of range.
15:34 rhcl chris_n: are you in the path?
15:35 chris_n rhcl: Irene is projected to make landfall in NC near Jacksonville. I'm about 80-90 miles from there.
15:36 oleonard Are your hatches battened?
15:36 chris_n we also are a host county for one of the coastal counties
15:38 libsysguy1 joined #koha
15:38 libsysguy1 morning #Koha
15:40 jcamins Good morning, libsysguy1.
15:40 libsysguy1 *crack knuckles* im ready to start working on overdues/notices
15:42 lds left #koha
15:47 aogle joined #koha
15:47 Agent_Dani chris_n:'re a good bit south of me, then.
15:49 oleonard Hooray, two patches pushed.
15:49 libsysguy1 If I was going to work on notices would it be better to wait on 3.6?
15:49 oleonard libsysguy1: Don't wait on anything!
15:49 oleonard Git makes it possible to start your work now
15:50 libsysguy1 haha is there already a branch for 3.6?
15:50 oleonard Whatever you write won't make it into an official release until 3.6 or later either way
15:50 libsysguy1 right
15:50 jcamins libsysguy1: just use Master for your work.
15:50 libsysguy1 gotcha
15:50 jcamins (i.e. not the 3.4.x branch)
15:55 * larryb is away:
15:57 matts is now known as matts_away
16:02 sophie_m left #koha
16:08 jwagner is Authen/CAS/ a new Perl dependency?  My latest git pull on current head is complaining about it.
16:09 jcamins jwagner: it's been listed since prior to 3.2.
16:09 jwagner Really?  I've been running this system for a couple of years, and as recently as a couple of weeks ago (last time I did a git pull) it never complained.
16:09 jwagner Wonder what happened....
16:09 jcamins jwagner: how's it complaining?
16:10 jwagner When I try to go to the staff URL: Can't locate Authen/CAS/ in @INC
16:10 jwagner That's usually an indication of a new module.
16:10 jcamins Hm. I've never gotten that error message. It just shows red in the About page.
16:11 jwagner What has been pushed in the last couple of weeks, anyone know?  Anything related to CAS?
16:12 * jcamins hasn't updated to Master in a while.
16:12 jcamins I'm on
16:13 oleonard Bug 5630 maybe?
16:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5630 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , CAS improvements
16:16 jwagner sounds likely -- there's a call in there to use Authen::CAS::Client;
16:17 jwagner Can someone else update a test current head server & see if it works for you?
16:17 oleonard jwagner: I'm always working off of master and I never got an error about it
16:17 jwagner Hmmmm.
16:19 jwagner oleonard, you updated this morning?
16:19 oleonard hdl, isn't Bug 6775 something Biblibre was working on?
16:19 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6775 enhancement, P5, ---, savitra.sirohi, NEW , Allow reason to be specified when debarring
16:19 oleonard jwagner: Yes
16:19 jwagner Double hmmmmmm.
16:19 sekjal there has been some CAS work recently... would need to look at the 'use' statements to see if it's being called in other, non-CAS parts of the code now
16:20 sekjal but it's been a dependency for quite a while, so I don't have any servers where it's not already installed to test this theory
16:21 jwagner I've asked my IT people to make sure the module is installed.  But if it's been required for that long, it should have been installed long ago.  I've had this server for a couple of years now.
16:21 jwagner I dunno.
16:22 hdl oleonard: it is already done...
16:22 oleonard Has it been pushed hdl?
16:23 hdl debarredcomment
16:23 * hdl don't know
16:27 oleonard libsysguy1: Your email about notifications mentions something you're calling the collection code--we already have collection codes.
16:28 oleonard Does anyone here know of a script which automatically undebars patrons with no overdues?
16:30 reiveune bye
16:30 reiveune left #koha
16:49 jcamins oleonard: I thought there wasn't one.
16:49 oleonard Me neither, but it doesn't hurt to ask :)
16:50 oleonard Seems like the kind of thing a developer would brag was 'trivial' to write ;)
16:50 wizzyrea oleonard: nekls has been wanting that forever
16:52 Johnindy_ left #koha
16:52 Johnindy joined #koha
16:52 oleonard I wonder if we have any $ left in the development budget...
16:55 rhcl So, <undebar/debar> automatically would do what exactly? For example, we might bar someone who has no fines/overdues, but who has vandalized equipment, or who has a known bad address on record.
16:56 wizzyrea and actually, we were looking for cosponsors for that
16:56 wizzyrea oleonard:
16:56 wizzyrea there's a bug open for it
16:56 oleonard The first example is valid rhcl, the second could be handled with gonenoaddress, no?
16:56 wizzyrea bg 2720
16:56 wizzyrea bug 2720
16:56 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2720 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Fines that debar automatically, should undebar automatically when paid.
16:56 rhcl these people might need to see a staff member to update records or The Director to offer penance
16:56 wizzyrea (sorry bg :P)
16:56 bg hi wizzyrea
16:57 oleonard rhcl: I have the same reservations, as indicated in that bug report
16:57 * wizzyrea waves
16:57 wizzyrea certain types of fees should be marked as "trivial" and others "not trivial"
16:57 wizzyrea :P
16:57 oleonard If we got that "debar explanation" feature in some form you could have the job check to see whether there was a reason entered
16:58 rhcl well, it's just that we're in the beginning of our FY, and I have a little bit of dev money, and somebody will snatch it if I don't spend it.
16:58 oleonard Did I not see that NEKLS was seeking co-sponsors, or did I forget?
16:58 oleonard Or did I assume we were already out of money? :P
16:59 sekjal originally, "debarred" meant more like "vandalized equipment" or "is a physical threat to the librarians"
16:59 sekjal it's being used a little differently now, just to designate that the patron cannot borrower
16:59 sekjal ~borrow
17:01 wizzyrea I think you must have missed it
17:01 wizzyrea did I not put the message on the bug, that was dumb of me
17:01 wizzyrea oh, I did
17:01 wizzyrea whew.
17:02 rhcl We us the term "barred" to mean a patron's account is essentially frozen - no checkouts and no use of the computers until the problem, whatever that may be (as above), is fixed.
17:02 wizzyrea well oleonard in your defense that was only a month ago
17:02 oleonard Ah wait, that's not the bug I'm thinking of!
17:02 rhcl However, we're willing to be accommodating as long as the terminology is clear to us.
17:02 oleonard (plus the QA contact isn't the bugs list)
17:03 oleonard Bug 1698
17:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1698 enhancement, P3, ---, chris, NEW , Undebar patron if all items are returned
17:04 oleonard Similar ends. But harder to get money to spend on something relating to fines, for us.
17:04 rhcl same here--we don't charge fines
17:05 rhcl but it's all in the wording--make it related to overdues and being barred, and we're interested.
17:05 wizzyrea ok, that then
17:06 rhcl I have a friend that works for the gvt, and every project they request funding for is related to climate change, because that's where all the grant money is, even though the project may not have that as a primary study objective
17:06 wizzyrea "things" that debar should be able to have the debarment lifted automatically
17:07 wizzyrea rhcl did you see the 2nd to last comment
17:07 wizzyrea she talks about overdues
17:07 wizzyrea (and she was from NEKLS
17:08 rhcl I'm talking to my TS manager over my shoulder--I don't have personal opinions on this myself...
17:08 wizzyrea all good
17:08 sekjal break it out to Patron Privileges:  CanBorrow, CanRenew, CanPlaceHold, etc. etc
17:08 rhcl RE "Things that debar should be able to have the debarment lifted automatically"  : we agree
17:09 sekjal table has three columns:  borrowernumber, privilege, suspension
17:09 sekjal suspension is normally 0, meaning the permission is in effect
17:09 oleonard sekjal wants EVERYTHING in a matrix! ;)
17:09 * larryb is back (gone 01:13:35)
17:09 sekjal but if they do something that revokes that permission, its bumped to 1
17:09 sekjal or, instead of numerics, have suspension_reason
17:09 sekjal which is freetext
17:10 sekjal or a set of configured keys
17:10 wizzyrea can you blame him
17:10 sekjal I'm like the Anti-Neo
17:11 wizzyrea @quote add <oleonard> sekjal wants EVERYTHING in a matrix! <sekjal> I'm like the Anti-Neo
17:11 huginn wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.  Quote #148 added.
17:11 rhcl what about being barred for a given number of days (typically kids for misbehavior), but lifted automatically on a certain date?
17:11 wizzyrea isn't that fine in days?
17:11 wizzyrea and already in
17:12 sekjal could have suspended_until field
17:12 slef hi. Any other sysadmins in?
17:13 wizzyrea shoot, maybe someone can answer
17:14 wizzyrea (I consider all here "smart kids" so chances are good someone's got the answer I'm seeking)
17:14 slef would like to test with one before I make a fool of myself in public :)
17:14 slef if no answer in a few, I'll ask then :)
17:19 rhcl come on slef, we're waiting to go to lunch but none of us can leave until we see your question.  :)
17:24 slef oh ok. Has anyone else secured their Koha servers against the just-published apache DoS and did you have any problems doing so? (Yes, we're secured now, but something struck me as a bit odd and I just spent a while without getting to the bottom of it.)
17:26 rhcl this?[…]0&utm_medium=feed
17:26 jcamins slef: I just tried to look up the Apache DoS exploit that you mention, but it would appear that Apache's advisory site is down.
17:27 slef[…]ca/attachment.obj
17:28 oleonard If you don't allow the self-checkout system to automatically log in does that mean a staff member has to log in manually?
17:29 slef rhcl: that
17:31 jcamins It seems like Koha wouldn't need to serve slices of pages.
17:31 hdl left #koha
17:32 slef jcamins: maybe, maybe not. Koha's virtualhosts also serve files (images, javascript and so on) and some browsers and proxies behave in the funniest ways.
17:32 slef so I'm not sure I'd want to bet against it completely
17:33 rhcl this afternoon I may do the test mentioned...
17:33 rhcl /bin/echo -en "HEAD / HTTP/1.1\r\nHost:localhost\r\nRange:bytes=0-,$(perl -e 'for ($i=1;$i<1300;$i++) { print "5-$i,"; }')5-1300\r\nAccept-Encoding:gz​ip\r\nConnection:close\r\n\r\n" | nc localhost 80
17:34 slef rhcl: you might want something smaller than 1300 in there, to reduce the pain to non-fatal levels. Also you mainly want to read the Content-Length in the header and junk the rest.
17:34 rhcl yep, that's why I will wait--I want to look it over first.
17:35 jcamins slef: I'd think browsers and proxies would have to be able to cope?
17:35 slef ok... I'll be in and out all evening.
17:35 slef jcamins: they should but some people still use AOL, so do you want to bet on it? ;-)
17:36 jcamins slef: ah, that's not an issue for me.
17:37 jcamins I just tell my clients "you must use Firefox or Chrome."
17:37 wizzyrea sekjal, in the gamifying wiki post tehre's a link to stack overflow that talks about how they do asnyc achievements (because looking at that amount of comment data realtime would be overwhelming)
17:37 wizzyrea though I love the idea of a plugin.
17:37 wizzyrea that's what would do
17:37 wizzyrea or they could be used together
17:37 wizzyrea but I think there's some opposition to "yet another thing to run alongside koha"
17:37 wizzyrea jcamins is a ruthless dictator
17:37 wizzyrea :)
17:37 jcamins wizzyrea: I sure am.
17:37 francharb left #koha
17:38 wizzyrea get back in the kitchen and bake me a pie?
17:38 slef jcamins: wow, harsh. Screw software freedom, huh? ;-)
17:38 * wizzyrea teases. only teasing.
17:38 wizzyrea yes, people should be free to use netscape 1.0
17:38 * slef too. That's what the ;-) is about.
17:38 wizzyrea hehe
17:38 wizzyrea (I got it :))
17:39 jcamins slef: you bet. If you want to ask why something's not working, you'd better be using it exactly the way I told you to. ;)
17:39 * wizzyrea imagines jcamins with a whip made of old versions of internet explorer
17:39 wizzyrea oh I just made myself laugh.
17:39 jcamins wizzyrea: I like to think I look kind of like the Balrog.
17:40 wizzyrea horns and all?
17:40 oleonard I think he means he's currently on fire.
17:40 wizzyrea tee hee
17:40 jcamins oleonard: hehe.
17:40 sekjal jcamins:  Brother's Hildebrandt version, or movie version?
17:40 sekjal s/'//;
17:41 jcamins sekjal: movie. I imagine a whip made of IE would be burning in much the way it does in the movie.
17:41 wizzyrea burning with the fire of 1k firefox 1.0 installations
17:41 wizzyrea this metaphor has merit.
17:41 oleonard I'm pretty contrary about the movies, but I did like that Balrog.
17:41 * wizzyrea gasps
17:46 jcamins Viaf can't handle question marks in queries.
17:46 jcamins That's embarrassing.
17:47 slef OCLC's Viaf?
17:47 jcamins Yup.
17:47 slef ow
17:47 jcamins And to make it doubly embarassing (however that's spelled), the question marks were automatically inserted by Javascript.
17:48 slef My ISP?
17:49 jcamins Huh?
17:49 slef nm
17:51 slef rallying in fast cars?
17:51 wahanui rallying in fast cars is, like, fun
18:08 slef now the world?
18:08 wahanui it has been said that now the world is in balance again
18:09 slef turns out there?
18:09 wahanui turns out there is, like, a template bug too, fixing that now as well
18:09 slef @roulette
18:09 huginn *BANG* Hey, who put a blank in here?!
18:09 * huginn reloads and spins the chambers.
18:09 slef botsnack :)
18:09 slef wahanui: botsnack?
18:09 wahanui thanks slef :)
18:09 rhcl is now known as rhcl_away
18:09 * slef ambles off
18:17 Johnindy left #koha
18:17 Johnindy joined #koha
18:22 NateC left #koha
18:25 NateC joined #koha
18:27 * larryb is away:
18:34 Soupermanito left #koha
18:56 * larryb is back (gone 00:28:36)
18:56 wizzyrea libsysguy: about?
19:27 jwagner left #koha
19:27 rangi` is now known as rangi
19:28 wizzyrea welcome
19:29 rangi Welcome?
19:29 rangi Bug 5866
19:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5866 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, NEW , At larger hold volume, for all libraries times out, can cause generalized slowness
19:29 wizzyrea back
19:29 rangi wizzyrea: do u have time to test that one?
19:30 wizzyrea probably, I think it's on our test server, 1s.
19:30 rangi sweet
19:30 wizzyrea yea bg put it on our test server last night I'll check it right now
19:31 wizzyrea 6 seconds on our crap test server, no timing out
19:31 wizzyrea 1566 holds olver
19:31 wizzyrea over*
19:32 rangi woot
19:32 wizzyrea just for fun
19:32 rangi worth a signoff?
19:32 wizzyrea imma run it on our production
19:32 wizzyrea yep, gimme a min
19:32 rangi cool thanks
19:32 wizzyrea and see what the diff is
19:34 wizzyrea over 40s
19:34 wizzyrea it's still going
19:34 wizzyrea (do note, I say "crap" I mean "slower than production by quite a lot")
19:34 wizzyrea (the server itself i'm sure is not crap.)
19:35 rangi nod
19:38 rangi @wunder wellington nz
19:38 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 11.0�C (7:00 AM NZST on August 26, 2011). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 8.0�C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Rising).
19:41 * oleonard is sorry cait isn't here to coordinate with on Bug 6458
19:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6458 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, ASSIGNED , incorrect parsing result in translation processing
19:51 tcohen left #koha
19:54 sekjal 5866 passed QA
19:56 rangi yay
20:00 * rangi hopes to knock a few more small bugs off today
20:00 rangi and push all the waiting ones
20:01 oleonard Seeing bugs get fixed makes me inordinately happy.
20:02 jcamins Amazon has introduced a Memcached service.
20:02 jcamins Kind of nifty.
20:04 rangi ok my stop bbiab
20:11 rangi back
20:13 larryb left #koha
20:14 sekjal is now known as celebrimbor
20:14 celebrimbor is now known as sekjal
20:14 wizzyrea celebrimbor?
20:15 sekjal whoops
20:15 sekjal sorry, was doing bot maintenance
20:16 oleonard He was the son of Curufin, fifth son of Fëanor (son of Finwë and his first wife Míriel) and Nerdanel, and the only known grandchild of Fëanor. Little is said of his deeds during the First Age.
20:16 oleonard Duh.
20:17 libsysguy1 @wunder 75799
20:17 huginn libsysguy1: The current temperature in Ellis Weather Central, Tyler, Texas is 37.2�C (3:17 PM CDT on August 25, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 38%. Dew Point: 21.0�C. Pressure: 29.20 in 988.7 hPa (Steady). Heat advisory in effect until 9 PM CDT this evening...
20:17 wizzyrea omg, sekjal is a bot?
20:23 jcamins wizzyrea: with all that QA-ing, I guess sekjal would have to be a caffeine-fueled machine. :)
20:23 wizzyrea hee
20:33 jcamins Has there been a bumper crop of pushy "it doesn't work, fix it now" messages on the mailing list recently, or am I just even grouchier than usual?
20:33 wizzyrea I'm thinking it is a cultural/language thing
20:33 rangi i think its a bit of both
20:33 rangi the more popular it becomes
20:34 rangi the more we'll get
20:34 wizzyrea ^^
20:34 jcamins I definitely understand where the stereotype that developers are unfriendly could come from.
20:35 wizzyrea they do get worn down
20:35 wizzyrea which is why we often talk about cookies :P
20:35 jcamins Yes.
20:35 wizzyrea to build you back up with humor and delicious food
20:35 jcamins I baked cookies for the first time all summer yesterday.
20:35 jcamins It was glorious.
20:35 wizzyrea :D
20:35 jcamins And the cookies were delicious.
20:35 wizzyrea what kind?
20:35 jcamins Sandtarts.
20:36 * wizzyrea imagines something completely different than cookies when she reads that name
20:36 * wizzyrea googles sandtarts
20:36 * wizzyrea braces herself
20:37 jcamins 3/4 c. or 1 c. butter (the recipe says 1 c., but I think it's wrong), 1-1/4 c. sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 tsp. lemon extract, 1 egg, 2 c. flour, 2 c. chocolate chips.
20:37 wizzyrea oh those look yummy
20:37 wizzyrea tart bc of the lemon
20:37 jcamins Yeah. Online "sandtart" refers to a different cookie, though.
20:37 wizzyrea and sandy because they're rolled in sugar?
20:37 jcamins I think.
20:37 jcamins Yeah, those are not the same thing.
20:38 jcamins The recipe I follow is not shaped or rolled in sugar in any way.
20:38 jcamins We have no idea where the name came from.
20:38 jcamins Nor the recipe, for that matter.
20:39 jcamins I thought for a moment it was the recipe in Joy of Cooking, but it turns out that although that recipe is slightly similar, it's not the same thing.
20:39 rangi ok, time to crank some patch testing and pushing music
20:39 rangi[…]awn-penn-you-dont
20:39 * oleonard cheers on rangi
20:41 oleonard ...even though I don't get your taste in testing and pushing music.
20:41 rangi heh
20:41 rangi it has to be loud and bassy
20:42 * oleonard realizes he's late for quitting time
20:43 rhcl_away OK, so I bought some cookie dough from somebody here at the lib raising funds for their kids for something or other...
20:43 oleonard left #koha
20:44 rangi and its bad?
20:44 rhcl_away I keep forgetting to take it home. So. I have a George Foreman grill thinger. Suppose I can bake cookies on that?
20:44 rangi why not
20:44 rangi :)
20:44 jcamins rhcl_away: sure.
20:45 jcamins You'll want to tilt it, though, so the cookies don't slide out (aren't the grills angled?).
20:45 wizzyrea yea, in the toaster oven tho
20:45 wizzyrea too*
20:45 aarkerio joined #koha
20:45 rhcl_away The only time I think about it is when I'm here at the library....OK, lemme go try.  (We don't have a toaster oven, but good idea).
20:46 rangi others having trouble with ?
20:46 jcamins rhcl_away: when do you leave?
20:48 aarkerio Hi!! somebody can help me? I have two Items but I can not ask for any of them:
20:48 aarkerio[…]aarkerio_2265.png
20:48 aarkerio why?
20:49 aarkerio need I set a "flag" when I add a new Item?
20:50 aarkerio is a "Library" user
20:51 rangi aarkerio: check your systempreferences
20:51 rangi there is one for allowing holds on items on the shelf
20:51 rangi make sure that is on
20:51 rangi then also check your circulation rules
20:51 wizzyrea re, it's very slow, possibly not responding
20:51 rangi to make sure holds are allowed for those item types
20:52 rangi wizzyrea: yeah i get no response
20:52 rangi hmm no larryb
20:52 wizzyrea ping sekjal
20:52 rangi bg: can you take a look at the git server? its a bywater machine eh?
20:53 sekjal on it
20:53 wizzyrea awesomesauce
20:54 rangi thanks
20:55 JesseM left #koha
20:55 aarkerio thanks, BTW, what is the "regular" user in Koha?  Student?
20:55 aarkerio I mean, he must be able to borrow items
20:56 rangi its whatever you set up
20:56 rangi its totally up to the rules you set
20:57 aarkerio ok, thanks again
21:00 sekjal responding more quickly now
21:00 rhcl_away jcamins: when do I leave for where?
21:01 jcamins rhcl_away: home.
21:01 rhcl_away cookies on George Foreman have decidedly mixed results. The top is so heavy is squeshes 'em really flat and hard to scrape them off the grids
21:01 rhcl_away is now known as rhcl
21:01 wizzyrea jcamins:[…]ox-cookies-154621
21:01 rhcl Oh, I'll be here for two more hours
21:02 jcamins rhcl: how hot is it?
21:03 jcamins If it's not too hot, you could just keep the cookie dough by your keys, and bake them as soon as you get home.
21:04 rhcl @wunder 64506
21:04 huginn rhcl: The current temperature in St Joseph, Missouri is 27.9�C (4:03 PM CDT on August 25, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 45%. Dew Point: 15.0�C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1019.9 hPa (Steady).
21:04 jcamins wizzyrea: intriguing.
21:04 jcamins rhcl: I meant inside. ;)
21:06 rhcl First batch I put four of these small cookies on the grill, and they all ran together and came out exactly like a pancake.
21:07 rhcl So next I tried just two side-by-side, and they looked a little like something else.
21:07 wizzyrea lol
21:08 wizzyrea two blobs and some ran down the middle between them?
21:08 wizzyrea you might try propping up the front feet :P
21:08 wizzyrea more like a griddle
21:08 wizzyrea and forget the lid
21:08 jcamins I suggested that way back at the beginning.
21:08 wizzyrea ah
21:09 wizzyrea nm
21:09 wizzyrea i was on the phooooone
21:09 wizzyrea sorry
21:09 jcamins No, it's a good idea. ;)
21:09 jcamins I was just pointing out my suggestion so that I can claim experience for it on chorewars. ;)
21:09 wizzyrea ohsnap
21:09 wizzyrea only if rhcl gets a successful cookie out of the deal
21:09 wizzyrea *giggle*
21:11 rhcl I'll just send you the whole box. There's only about 6 oz of sugar in each little drop. Exactly what I need.
21:18 rangi goddamnit
21:19 wizzyrea !!
21:19 rangi someone stop me replying to amy
21:19 jcamins Huh.
21:19 * wizzyrea is afraid
21:19 wizzyrea don't answer!
21:19 rangi koha mailing list
21:19 jcamins No, that was a question.
21:19 jcamins s/was/wasn't
21:20 jcamins Picture Captain Reynolds from Firefly saying "Huh."
21:20 rangi :)
21:20 wizzyrea deep breaths
21:20 jcamins That's the intonation I was going for.
21:22 wizzyrea um, best to say thanks and let it die?
21:22 rangi how about thanks and will you be submitting patches to Koha?
21:22 rangi :)
21:23 rangi otherwise go play on your own list
21:23 sekjal too late; Lori's replied
21:23 jcamins Does "unified git repository" mean that they're reconciling Koha and LibLime Koha?
21:23 rangi naw
21:23 rhcl rangi can has a flat cookie. and Sanka
21:23 rangi i bet they arent, theirs is still html::template pro
21:23 sekjal "unified git repository" means no branches
21:23 rangi yeah one big pile of shit
21:23 wizzyrea i'm completely serious
21:23 wizzyrea do not bite on this.
21:23 rhcl is now known as ketchup
21:24 * jcamins isn't.
21:24 * jcamins just didn't know what "unified git repository" meant.
21:24 rangi yep ill just leave it at lori's reply
21:24 wizzyrea yep
21:24 wizzyrea let's hope others do too
21:24 wizzyrea do not give this power.
21:24 wizzyrea responding gives it power
21:25 rangi otoh so does not responding
21:25 wizzyrea naw, lori responded
21:25 rangi its a damned if you do, damned if you dont
21:25 rangi to me, its like s/d advertising symphony on the koha list
21:26 wizzyrea it is, but we would consider that spam, right?
21:26 rangi yup, and delete the message
21:27 jcamins :D
21:27 rangi heh
21:30 rangi sekjal: thanks for the git fix
21:30 sekjal rangi: gladly
21:31 aarkerio what is a library/branch ?
21:31 rangi aarkerio: have you seen the manual?
21:32 rangi sekjal: hmm or not
21:32 rangi rorohiko:[git/kcmaster-]:~/git/koha% git fetch
21:32 rangi fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
21:33 rangi aarkerio:[…]on/3-4-manual-en/  might help
21:35 magnus_afk is now known as magnuse
21:35 * magnuse wishes #koha a peaceful night or other time of the day
21:35 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
21:35 sekjal rangi:  checking
21:36 rangi thanks
21:38 ketchup is it safe to come out now?
21:38 ketchup is now known as rhcl
21:39 aarkerio rangi, gracias!!
21:39 rangi oh and have you seen the espanol site?
21:39 rangi ?
21:40 rangi[…]a-3-2-en-espanol/
21:41 sekjal rangi:  server has resources available, and git-daemon appears to be running
21:42 aarkerio gracias otra vez
21:43 rangi hmm
21:43 rangi i pushed ok
21:43 rangi cant fetch
21:43 * wizzyrea checks fetch
21:43 wizzyrea i have the same problem
21:43 wizzyrea can't fetch.
21:44 Brooke joined #koha
21:44 sekjal fetching on git://, right?
21:44 rangi sup brooke
21:44 Brooke 0/
21:44 rangi yup
21:45 wizzyrea ya
21:46 sekjal okay, git-daemon must not be running right
21:47 gmcharlt I've bounced it, better now?
21:48 rangi nope, still spazzing out
21:48 * gmcharlt starts digging
21:49 rangi yay! newsletter
21:50 Brooke all PEI schools on Koha++
21:50 rhcl rangi: we're really doing quite well with our children's computer project. Should we release it as straight GPL 3, skipping the 2+  ?   AGPL?
21:51 Brooke I say 3. Cause it's bettah.
21:51 jcamins I'd say 3+ instead of 3.
21:52 jcamins But I have no opinion, I'm just commenting on the choice of 3 versus 3+.
21:52 gmcharlt there's rarely a good reason to pin to a single GPL version
21:52 rangi hmm its not something youd use as a SaaS thing eh?
21:52 gmcharlt + is the way to go
21:52 rhcl Input noted from Brooke. And yes, a bit sloppy but ment 3+.
21:52 rangi GPLv3+
21:52 rangi would be my choice
21:52 rhcl We do have a very simple server which serves up the web page used by the clients.
21:54 rangi right but the client software has to be installed on the client machines right? thus being distributed
21:55 rhcl The clients only run a very simple py script which calls everything it needs from the webwerver. That way any changes are made in just one place and updates are very simple and easy.   Uses MySql.
21:56 rangi sweet
21:56 rhcl The actual content is all online from commercial/proprietary/copyrighted sources like PBS Kids and Nickelodeon. Perfectly willing to discuss this if desired...
21:57 rangi i think probably gplv3+ still
21:57 rhcl ack
21:57 rangi but you could ask someone like bradley kuhn or someone else at sflc
21:57 rangi for an opinion
21:57 gmcharlt ok, seems happier now
21:58 rangi so it does
21:58 jcamins Time to call it a day.
21:58 jcamins Good night, #koha
21:58 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
21:59 Brooke you mean like reservation junk?
21:59 rhcl Brooke: yes, something for time allocation on public computers
22:00 Brooke I'm surprised that hasn't been stitched in. It's one of those things.
22:00 Brooke It's a sticky thing like the label stuff.
22:01 gmcharlt sekjal: bg: ok, /etc/init.d/git-daemon munged so that git-daemon should start up properly the next time that the box is restarted
22:02 sekjal thanks, gmcharlt!
22:02 rangi yay
22:02 rangi gmcharlt++
22:02 * gmcharlt 's brain is hurt - I *hate* looking sh's bizarre notion of quoting and conditional statement syntax
22:02 Brooke gmcharlt++
22:03 Brooke there there
22:03 * Brooke hands galen a slice of raisin cake.
22:03 gmcharlt hey, how about we rewrite all boot scripts in Perl ... who's with me?!?!
22:09 rhcl Five minutes of total silence. Guess gmcharlt is on his own?
22:10 gmcharlt rhcl: no worries, it's a good sign that everybody else isn't crazy ;)
22:10 rhcl hehe
22:10 rhcl I was going to suggest csh instead of sh
22:11 gmcharlt ouch
22:11 gmcharlt you wound me, sir
22:11 gmcharlt at least make it tcsh
22:12 rangi zsh
22:12 rhcl I remember having to adjust to ksh on Sirsi...
22:13 gmcharlt heh
22:13 gmcharlt how to tell that gmcharlt has logged on to your server: check the sh history for "set -o vi"
22:15 libsysguy1 left #koha
22:16 Brooke I thought it was just by numerous performance upgrades with an empty brag log.
22:18 gmcharlt :)
22:18 gmcharlt heading home, laters
22:18 rangi cya later
22:18 Brooke cheers
22:18 rhcl ltr
22:19 NateC left #koha
22:21 cait joined #koha
22:21 Brooke cait :D
22:22 cait hi Brooke, hi all :)
22:22 rangi heya cait
22:23 cait hi rangi
22:23 rangi hows berlin?
22:27 cait big :)
22:27 cait nah nice
22:27 rangi hehe
22:27 cait we did a guided bus tour, visited the dali museum
22:27 cait were at a musical and I hadmy first frozen yoghurt :)
22:27 cait oh, and brandenburger tor
22:28 rangi :)
22:31 cait we wanted to do the television tower(?)
22:31 cait but there were too many people
22:31 rangi ahh
22:31 rangi what are you doing tomorrow
22:31 rangi ?
22:32 cait we are planning right now
22:32 cait perhaps a boat tour
22:33 Brooke baton mouche ftw
22:33 cait and anja wants to see castle charlottenburg
22:33 cait Brooke?
22:33 wahanui i guess Brooke is absolutely convinced
22:33 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Follow-up to Bug 4868, Improve controls for cloning and deleting subfields <[…]2198eb09c2c35e22c> / Bug 6690: If multiple issues are received in, changing the status... <[…]b4d84258dacd2c1c4> / Bug 6727 - Change on exporting and importing csv
22:37 Brooke whops eaux
22:37 pelletiermaxime left #koha
22:44 sekjal does anyone have a Koha DB with a biblio with so many items that it breaks MARC size restrictions?
22:44 rangi not on me
22:44 Brooke hmmm
22:44 rangi i thought if we used -x .. we were ok with that?
22:45 Brooke someone did a long time ago when animals could talk
22:45 Brooke it was a serial thing...
22:45 rangi i could well be wrong though
22:45 sekjal I'm finding that even with -x, there are issues
22:45 Brooke i think it was an academic...
22:45 sekjal the search results appear
22:45 Brooke if I think long enough, I might shake it out of the olde bean...
22:45 sekjal but the link to the biblio detail page is broken, because there is no biblionumber
22:46 rangi hmmm
22:46 rangi should be able to craft one pretty easy eh?
22:46 rangi get a record
22:46 rangi use the add multiple copies to add 3000 items
22:46 rangi that oughta do it ;)
22:47 cait hehe
22:52 rangi how the hell do you manually debar someone now?
22:52 cait hm?
22:52 cait have you applied fine in days?
22:52 rangi you used to be able to do it editing a patron
22:52 rangi no i dont want that crap
22:52 rangi just to debar someone manually
22:52 rangi cos they punched the security guard
22:52 * rangi makes up a scenario
22:53 Brooke was the guard fresh first?
22:53 Brooke ;)
22:53 rangi but thats what the debar used to be before, before it got hijacked
22:53 Brooke lemme go see if I can figger it
22:53 rangi can't i do that anymore?
22:53 sekjal rangi:  should be able to set that flag still on the borrower detail page
22:53 rangi is it called something else now?
22:53 rangi restricted maybe?
22:53 sekjal "restricted"?
22:54 rangi ta
22:54 sekjal there were some recent terminology changes to the templates pushed
22:54 rangi yup i remember now
22:54 * rangi is glad you can still do that
22:55 Brooke it's a few levels down now
22:55 rangi woulda been really annoying if the suspension thing had killed it
22:55 * Brooke nods.
22:56 sekjal was yakking about this a little earlier today
22:56 sekjal setting up patron Privileges, like "CanBorrow", "CanRenew", "CanPlaceHold", etc
22:56 Brooke we can gamify that by making it a ginormous ban hammer.
22:56 talljoy is now known as talljoy_away
22:56 sekjal and making some kind of suspension flag or date or whatever to temporarily pause those privileges
22:57 rangi yeah
22:57 cait configurable blocks
22:58 Brooke Friday?
22:58 wahanui it has been said that Friday is It's Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
22:58 rangi restricted is more than that, and needs to be retained
22:58 cait would be nice to make it use conditions, like overdues or has fines too
22:58 rangi its used here as 'get the hell out of hte library'
22:58 rangi not just a suspension
22:58 Brooke I pick both because it's more work for Ian.
22:58 Brooke yep
22:58 Brooke bells and whistles should go off for debar
22:59 sekjal privilege "CanEnterLibrary"
22:59 rangi :)
23:00 Brooke oleonard++
23:00 sekjal have a suspension_date or suspension_interval, and then the suspension_reason
23:00 Irma joined #koha
23:00 Brooke set_default was knob
23:02 sekjal ah ha!
23:02 sekjal I think I may see where the problem is with the many-items biblios
23:02 sekjal it's not us
23:02 sekjal it's Net::Z3950::ZOOM
23:02 sekjal it doesn't provide an option for invoking ZOOM connection options
23:03 sekjal there is a connection attribute called maximumRecordSize
23:03 sekjal ... hmmm, but it defaults to 1MB
23:03 aarkerio left #koha
23:03 sekjal shouldn't that be enough, even for a MARCXML file with 1000 item fields?
23:05 rangi you'd think so
23:12 sekjal HA
23:12 sekjal 1.2 MB
23:13 bg 1.2?
23:13 bg is that the default
23:13 bg or the size of your record?
23:13 rangi well theres the issue ;)
23:13 sekjal the size of the XML record output
23:13 bg ah
23:13 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6562: Silence runtime error in reserve/ <[…]13278d7f5a49fa269> / bug 6538 update help file <[…]fa0279fc2b2054780> / Fix for Bug 6695 - Layout of patron category add/edit form slightly broken <
23:13 sekjal 1676 items attached in that case
23:14 bg hmmm…  very interesting
23:14 bg ok gotta run
23:14 bg ;)
23:14 sekjal okay, so is it easier to a) alter Koha to handle this rare case, or b) fix Net::Z3950::ZOOM to use connection options?
23:15 rangi the later is better
23:15 rangi maybe not easier
23:15 sekjal I've already got the patch for the former
23:16 rangi belts and braces
23:20 sekjal my patch just makes sure the 999$c is within the first 1MB
23:20 sekjal by putting all the 952s at the end
23:20 rangi ahh
23:27 cait night all
23:28 cait left #koha
23:28 Brooke will it truncate summat else if you swap the caboose with the engine?
23:29 sekjal anything in the file that exceeds the 1MB limit would just not be indexed... so the last few items, maybe
23:29 sekjal better losing those than the biblionumber
23:37 Brooke left #koha
23:43 Irma left #koha
23:48 paulnz joined #koha
23:51 sekjal going to get some rest.  night, #koha
23:52 sekjal left #koha
23:52 rangi night sekjal
23:54 rhcl is now known as rhcl_away

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary