IRC log for #koha, 2011-06-14

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 slef qwertytis is
00:04 Irma joined #koha
00:12 samerrill left #koha
00:28 NateC left #koha
00:33 BobB joined #koha
00:44 samerrill joined #koha
00:49 huginn New commit(s) kohagit32: Bug 2246 - (Partial) Label printing doesn't work with Unicode characters <[…]45cb4d1363a84a647>
00:50 bgallagher left #koha
00:57 jenkins_koha Starting build 30 for job Koha_3.2.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
01:01 huginn New commit(s) kohagit32: Bug 5653: Follow-up, correction to nb-NO sample creator data <[…]66ab211bd88335e8a> / bug 5653: use itemcallnumber in bib label layouts <[…]9888533f5883fba46>
01:03 druthb joined #koha
01:12 jenkins_koha Starting build 6 for job Koha_3.4.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
01:15 druthb left #koha
01:15 BobB mtj: about?
01:16 mtj heya BobB
01:16 BobB Hi Mason
01:16 mtj im about, but busy with a 3m-unit at kapiti today
01:17 mtj i can catch-up when i get home - if you are about then?
01:17 BobB OK.  I want to have a chat about our cava stuff.  But it doesn't have to be now.
01:17 mtj or any otehr time this week
01:18 BobB I've got time this evening if it suits you.  What time (NZ) will you be around?
01:21 BobB I'll buzz you after dinner, maybe.  Cheers.
01:24 mtj im heading over to a friends for tea, later tonight
01:24 mtj so tomrow morn will prolly work out better
01:29 BobB Hmm, maybe early then.  Otherwise late. :)
01:30 BobB Catch you tomorrow.
01:35 samerrill left #koha
01:36 hankbank joined #koha
01:51 hankbank left #koha
01:59 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.2.x build #30: SUCCESS in 1 h 2 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.2.x/30/
01:59 jenkins_koha * cnighswonger: Bug 2246 - (Partial) Label printing doesn't work with Unicode characters
01:59 jenkins_koha * gmcharlt: bug 5653: use itemcallnumber in bib label layouts
01:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2246 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, cnighswonger, NEW , Label printing doesn't work with Unicode characters
01:59 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 5653: Follow-up, correction to nb-NO sample creator data
01:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5653 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, ASSIGNED , default new label layout and sample data have broken call number placeholder
02:10 Space_Librarian left #koha
02:12 jenkins_koha Starting build 297 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
02:15 BobB left #koha
02:15 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6061: clearing up system preference on update <[…]5df1058804a0d14ca> / Bug 6050 Followup, edit a last function call <[…]1c31647db3f570ea9> / Bug 6050 Make calls to GetItemsInfo consistent <[…]a=commitdiff;h=2a
02:22 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.4.x build #6: SUCCESS in 1 h 10 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]job/Koha_3.4.x/6/
02:22 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 5929: use branch admin email for emails
02:22 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 5714 - Unescaped ampersands in OPAC facets
02:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5929 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, srdjan, ASSIGNED , Use branch admin email for emails
02:22 jenkins_koha * ruth: Bug 6397: fix variable name in template that mis-aligns table
02:22 jenkins_koha * nengard: bug 6442 change opacnav wording so it's more accurate
02:22 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6337 - Variable scope errors in staff client cart print view
02:22 jenkins_koha * cnighswonger: Bug 2246 - (Partial) Label printing doesn't work with Unicode characters
02:22 jenkins_koha * frederick.capovilla: Bug 6444 Corrects encoding problems in
02:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5714 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Unescaped ampersands in OPAC facets
02:22 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6446, batch item deletion interface problems
02:22 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 5268: Change all occurances of 'debar' to 'restrict'
02:22 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 5868 follow-up: missing subfields in subject index
02:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6397 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, ruth, ASSIGNED , Mis-named variable in .TT causes table cell shift
02:22 jenkins_koha * fridolyn.somers: BUG6067 When Add Duplicate changing framework would loose data
02:22 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 6472: HidePatronName on detail page broken
02:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6442 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, nengard, ASSIGNED , opacnav pref explained wrong
02:22 jenkins_koha * koha: Updating INSTALL.opensuse file with the changes by Freek de Kruijf
02:22 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Updating upgrade information to note the fact language templates need
02:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6337 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Variable scope errors in staff client cart print view
02:22 jenkins_koha * f.demians: Bug 6464 Check inconsistent placeholders in translated strings
02:22 jenkins_koha * tdavis: Bug 6491 Added: id in opac-privacy around the privacy policy div container Testing: An ID should appear in the container for the privacy rules saying userprivacy
02:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2246 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, cnighswonger, NEW , Label printing doesn't work with Unicode characters
02:22 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Remove a typo from serials-edit template
02:22 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6487 - No error explanation if patron expiration date is missing
02:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6444 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, fcapovilla, NEW , Encoding problems with vendor names in
02:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6446 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , batch item deletion interface problems
02:22 jenkins_koha * januszop: Bug 6463 - Authorities browsing error when using auth. plugins
02:22 jenkins_koha * januszop: Bug 6462 - Authority type is not displayed in OPAC
02:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5268 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, nengard, ASSIGNED , Language Issue: Debarred
02:22 jenkins_koha * magnus: Bug 6459 : Needless call to C4::Context->dbh in C4::Templates::themelanguage()
02:22 jenkins_koha * fridolyn.somers: BUG 6388 Broken pager images in
02:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5868 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED , Subject indexes do not search most 6xx fields
02:22 jenkins_koha * srdjan: bug_6433: exception handling
02:22 jenkins_koha * gmcharlt: bug 6409: fix pagination of SQL report output when parameters are used
02:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6472 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, NEW , HidePatronName no longer works as stated
02:22 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6402, Lists sorted by year appear to be empty
02:22 jenkins_koha * fridolyn.somers: BUG6389 Administration menu like Tools menu
02:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6464 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, NEW , Add inconsistence check for '%s' count in
02:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6491 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, tdavis, NEW , Add Div in privacy page
02:23 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6377 - fines should be red on patron search
02:23 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6375, Markup and style corrections for overdue report
02:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6487 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , No error explanation if patron expiration date is missing
02:23 jenkins_koha * frederick.capovilla: Bug 6363 : Make the "Item Location" selectbox appears correctly in
02:23 jenkins_koha * januszop: Bug 6357 : Displaying the unavailability of items corrected
02:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6463 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, januszop, ASSIGNED , Authorities browsing error when using auth. plugins
02:23 jenkins_koha * frederick.capovilla: Bug 6355: Correct GetLateOrders so it ignores cancelled orders
02:23 jenkins_koha * januszop: Bug 6353: Erroneous prefixes before the singleBranchMode preference removed
02:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6462 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, januszop, ASSIGNED , Authority type is not displayed in OPAC
02:23 jenkins_koha * fridolyn.somers: BUG4319 waiting items cannot be reserved
02:23 jenkins_koha * gmcharlt: bug 5653: use itemcallnumber in bib label layouts
02:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6459 trivial, PATCH-Sent, ---, magnus, ASSIGNED , Needless call to C4::Context->dbh in C4::Templates::themelanguage()
02:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6388 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, fridolyn.somers, ASSIGNED , Broken pager images in
02:23 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 5653: Follow-up, correction to nb-NO sample creator data
02:23 jenkins_koha * frederick.capovilla: Bug 5684 : Remove all items fields from a Z39.50 record imported for acquisition.
02:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6409 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, ASSIGNED , pagination bar for guided report output does not work if report has parameters
02:23 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: 5860 Fixing stocknumber index
02:23 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Updating Version Number to
02:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6402 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Lists sorted by year appear to be empty
02:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6377 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , fines should be red on patron search
02:23 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 6497: MARC URLs not showing up in OPAC detail page with XSLT off
02:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6375 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Markup and style corrections for overdue report
02:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6363 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, fcapovilla, NEW , The "Item Location" selectbox in doesn't appear when the default MARC framework is the only one avaiable.
02:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6357 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, januszop, ASSIGNED , Items (un)availability not displayed correctly (OPAC)
02:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6355 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, fcapovilla, NEW , Late orders report shows cancelled orders
02:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6353 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, januszop, ASSIGNED , Erroneous prefixes before the singleBranchMode preference
02:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5653 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, ASSIGNED , default new label layout and sample data have broken call number placeholder
02:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5684 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Z3950 search on OCLC pulls in items (tag 952)
02:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6497 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED , MARC URLs not showing up in OPAC Detail page with XSLT turned off
02:37 atz__ joined #koha
02:42 atz_ left #koha
03:00 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #297: SUCCESS in 48 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/297/
03:00 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Bug 6050 Make calls to GetItemsInfo consistent
03:00 jenkins_koha * f.demians: Bug 6050 Followup, edit a last function call
03:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6050 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, colin.campbell, ASSIGNED , GetItemsInfo ignores second parameter
03:00 jenkins_koha Starting build 298 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
03:03 SpaceLibrarian_home joined #koha
03:06 Oak left #koha
03:14 Irma left #koha
03:27 SpaceLibrarian_home_ joined #koha
03:29 SpaceLibrarian_home__ joined #koha
03:30 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
03:30 Amit_Gupta heya chris ;)
03:30 Amit_Gupta good morning koha ;)
03:34 SpaceLibrarian_home left #koha
03:35 Soupermanito joined #koha
03:36 SpaceLibrarian_home_ left #koha
03:43 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #298: SUCCESS in 42 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/298/
03:43 jenkins_koha jonathan.druart: Bug 6061: clearing up system preference on update
03:43 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6061 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , C4::Context clearing up system preference on update
03:56 samerrill joined #koha
04:02 Oak joined #koha
04:05 Oak left #koha
04:41 peleroform joined #koha
04:41 BobB joined #koha
04:42 peleroform hi
04:42 rangi hi peleroform
04:43 peleroform is it possible to upgrade direct to version 3.4. when I use version 3.0
04:44 peleroform because I use it on a ubuntu 10.04 LTS system (installed with a liveCD) and when I try to upgrade I always get some errors after
04:44 peleroform pearl path-to-installfile
04:45 peleroform when i start make
04:45 bgallagher_ joined #koha
04:49 peleroform left #koha
04:55 bgallagher_ left #koha
05:25 SpaceLibrarian_home__ left #koha
05:31 samerrill left #koha
05:40 Ropuch^ Morning #koha
05:42 Irma1 joined #koha
05:42 Irma1 left #koha
05:58 Oak joined #koha
05:58 Oak \o
06:00 hdl joined #koha
06:00 hdl hi
06:00 wahanui privet, hdl
06:01 Oak hello hdl :)
06:01 hdl hi oak
06:06 Soupermanito left #koha
06:14 hdl left #koha
06:33 hdl joined #koha
06:34 eythian sweet, I've got client SSL certificate authentication working in Koha now. Time to upstream it.
06:35 samerrill joined #koha
06:35 samerrill left #koha
06:41 reiveune joined #koha
06:41 reiveune hello
06:41 wahanui bonjour, reiveune
06:42 Oak hello reiveune :)
06:43 reiveune hi Oak
06:51 oakivil joined #koha
06:52 oakivil morning koha!
06:52 oakivil where cann i see the irc logs?
06:53 julian joined #koha
06:54 Oak[…]g/koha/2011-06-14
06:54 oakivil kiitos!
06:55 eythian g'day oakivil
06:56 matts_away is now known as matts
06:57 oakivil i need to rig something via my mobile to reach this chat
07:00 alex_away is now known as alex_a
07:00 alex_a hello #koha !
07:01 Oak hello alex_a :)
07:02 Oak oakivil, I don't know the answer, but which mobile you have?
07:02 oakivil I'll find out
07:02 oakivil :D
07:02 oakivil don't sweat
07:02 oakivil it was just a thought about my depressing current work situation
07:07 alex_a hi Oak :)
07:07 Oak :)
07:09 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
07:11 Guillaume joined #koha
07:11 magnuse kia ora #koha
07:11 eythian I swear, every time I think I understand rebasing, it just gets a bit more confusing.
07:12 magnuse ouch
07:12 eythian �Some say that [rebasing] is made so that when we are about to understand it, it changes into something even more incomprehensible. And then there are those who say that this has already happened.� --apologies to Douglas Adams
07:14 magnuse heh
07:16 sophie_m joined #koha
07:21 Oak left #koha
07:34 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6296] Allow authentication to Koha via PKI / x.509 certificates <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6296>
07:34 magnuse ooh, sounds cool
07:35 magnuse eythian++
07:36 miguel Hello Koha
07:36 magnuse hola miguel
07:37 eythian magnuse: yeah, we have a govt agency that uses that method for authenticating against all their internal services, so need it.
07:37 miguel Hola, buenos dias magnuse
07:38 hdl hola miguel
07:38 miguel Hola henri
07:39 julian left #koha
07:41 francharb joined #koha
07:42 miguel I would like to announce that we are going to publish some developments that can be interesting for the community
07:43 francharb left #koha
07:44 hdl miguel: nice.
07:44 magnuse miguel: cool!
07:44 miguel I would try to explain them through koha wiki, but some of them are manage facets or browser by directory
07:45 Irma joined #koha
07:51 julian joined #koha
07:52 Irma left #koha
07:54 BobB left #koha
07:55 julian_ joined #koha
07:55 julian_ hi #koha
07:56 magnuse bonjour julian_
08:01 julian left #koha
08:02 bigbrovar joined #koha
08:38 oakivil I found this message in the mailing list:[…]March/023264.html . Here a guy claims that by directly injecting the bare necessary author and title data to Koha's biblio, biblioitems, additionalautors, items & itemtypes -tables is not enough to make them searchable. This is exactly the approach I am doing. Do I need to somehow generate the marcxml as well?
08:38 oakivil I already tried to add a new biblio but couldnt find it afterwards to be edited via the cataloguing section, even thought there is a new bibliorow in the database
08:39 oakivil what fields should I supply to create a bare minimum testing environment? Where one could browse for items through the OPAC, loan and return books?
08:39 oakivil Do I need to index them with zebra?
08:40 oakivil how do I trigger the zebra indexing if so?
08:45 magnuse oakivil: what version of koha are you using?
08:47 oakivil 3.4
08:47 oakivil I am just trying to figure out the best approach to data migration
08:48 oakivil looking for any migration tools inside koha
08:48 oakivil that help me preserve the biblio-item-patron relations
08:52 magnuse hm, i think transforming your data to marc records with e.g. marcedit is a better bet than inserting into the database directly
08:53 magnuse you would need to assemble the marcxml somehow, and i don't think there is a way to sunc from the database tables to marcxml
08:53 oakivil ok
08:53 magnuse and you need to index them before they are searchable, which uses the marc or marcxml columns
08:53 oakivil so should i generate MARC21 or MARCXML?
08:54 oakivil MARCXML is easier for me
08:54 magnuse um, marc21 is a marc dialect, marcxml is a format
08:54 magnuse so you can have marc21 in marcxml format
08:54 magnuse it's either marcxml or iso2709
08:54 magnuse marcxml is probably the easiest to create
08:57 oakivil ok
08:57 oakivil yeah were talking about MARC21XML :D
08:58 oakivil but there are two fields in the database
08:58 oakivil marc and marcxml
08:58 oakivil bot are longstrings
08:58 oakivil can i just omit the marc-field?
08:59 oakivil and fill the marcxml?
08:59 oakivil it was speculated that it might cause problems
09:00 magnuse well if you create marcxml you can import that with the "stage records for import tool" in the web ui, or use the tool from the command line, and those tools will take care of all the syncing and everything
09:00 oakivil ok
09:00 oakivil how can i trace the id's
09:01 oakivil in our current database biblios are connected to items via a document id
09:01 magnuse sorry, that should be
09:01 oakivil now using this import script will change the pk
09:01 oakivil and i lose the connection from biblios to items and items to patrons
09:02 magnuse well, the easiest is probably yo create the items in the marcxml, in the 952 fields
09:02 magnuse[…]C21_Holding_field.2C_3.0_default_-_field_952
09:02 magnuse one 952 for each item connected to a record
09:05 oakivil ah ok
09:05 oakivil this clarifies a lot
09:05 magnuse cool
09:05 oakivil so instead of directly manipulating the database is hould create compålex marc21xml-records
09:06 magnuse that's what i would recommend, certainly
09:06 oakivil how are the items connected as loans to patrons?
09:06 magnuse there's a table in the database...
09:06 oakivil well if it is supposed to be made like that and it is the easiest way then ill do it just the way you said
09:06 oakivil ok
09:07 oakivil so i should directly modify that table?
09:07 magnuse that is possible
09:08 magnuse the table is called "issues"
09:09 oakivil ok
09:09 magnuse table structure:
09:10 magnuse what i did when i imported active loans/issues was i created a file in the format used by the offline clients
09:10 oakivil
09:10 oakivil im reading this one
09:10 magnuse to make sure i did not miss any "connections"
09:10 oakivil but its old
09:10 magnuse yeah, really old, a lot can have changed since then
09:10 oakivil hmm thats a good idea
09:11 oakivil uding the offline client to make those .koh files
09:11 magnuse or just generating files in the same format
09:11 oakivil yeah generating :D
09:12 oakivil not by hand..
09:12 oakivil scary thought
09:12 magnuse hehe
09:12 oakivil so now I have tools to create the record-item-issues-patrons chain
09:12 magnuse here's a perl script i used to do it:[…]er/tidem/
09:14 oakivil looks like ill be studying the PERL hello world for a while
09:14 sophie_m1 joined #koha
09:14 magnuse hehe
09:14 oakivil ok
09:14 oakivil but time for me to hit the office, thanks a LOT Mr. Magnus
09:14 magnuse no problem, oakivil
09:15 oakivil trying to get irc connection via mobile
09:15 oakivil to bother you evenmore
09:15 magnuse hehe
09:16 sophie_m left #koha
10:00 SpaceLibrarian_home joined #koha
10:00 SpaceLibrarian_home o/
10:03 raosoma joined #koha
10:03 raosoma hi good morning...
10:04 raosoma can anyone help me in configuring email in koha installed on debian server
10:16 raosoma left #koha
10:19 sophie_m1 left #koha
10:20 sophie_m joined #koha
10:21 matts is now known as matts_away
10:23 druthb joined #koha
10:23 druthb o/
11:01 adnc joined #koha
11:08 adnc left #koha
11:16 SpaceLibrarian_home left #koha
11:18 francharb joined #koha
11:18 francharb left #koha
11:20 kivilahtio joined #koha
11:21 kivilahtio yeah! Got static IP routing to work via mobile data connection!
11:29 kivilahtio left #koha
11:31 nengard joined #koha
11:50 matts_away is now known as matts
11:54 Amit_Gupta left #koha
11:57 oleonard joined #koha
11:58 kivilahtio joined #koha
11:58 marlened joined #koha
12:11 sekjal joined #koha
12:14 francharb joined #koha
12:14 francharb left #koha
12:21 jwagner joined #koha
12:22 NateC joined #koha
12:27 tcohen joined #koha
12:29 bigbrovar left #koha
12:30 bigbrovar joined #koha
12:35 samerrill joined #koha
12:36 jwagner left #koha
12:42 kivilahtio werent we supposed to have some kind of meeting here?
12:42 magnuse a little early i think
12:42 kivilahtio it was at 18:00?
12:42 magnuse 14 June 2011 at 18:00 UTC+0
12:42 kivilahtio its almost 16:00 here gmt +2
12:43 kivilahtio so in 4 hours
12:43 kivilahtio ok
12:43 magnuse[…]ur=18&min=0&sec=0
12:43 kivilahtio wow 21:00 :D
12:44 magnuse 5 hours, i'd say?
12:44 magnuse lahti - finland?
12:44 kivilahtio office closes at 19:00 :D maybe I'll get a special permission to stay
12:44 kivilahtio Helsinki
12:44 magnuse cool!
12:44 kivilahtio sorry
12:44 kivilahtio Joensuu
12:44 kivilahtio where did you get Lahti?
12:44 kivilahtio ip trace leads right into Joensuu
12:44 magnuse from your nick ;-) kivi-lahti-o
12:45 kivilahtio haha
12:45 kivilahtio actually i am oakivil
12:45 kivilahtio from my office this time
12:45 magnuse aha! ;-)
12:45 kivilahtio but i forgot my mirc open @ home so my primary nick is kinda reserved
12:45 kivilahtio and i cant kick oakivil
12:45 jwagner joined #koha
12:52 oleonard This is the first I've heard of this: http://www.librarytechnology.o[…]
12:52 oleonard "The National Library of the Philippines has launched this morning the Koha Integrated Library System "
12:53 magnuse hm, i think there was a news thing about that a while back? i might be mixing countries...
12:54 magnuse anyway: yay! ;-)
12:55 oleonard I wonder if the language barrier is too much for collaboration or if collaboration just isn't in some institutions' nature.
12:57 druthb could be both, oleonard.
12:57 oleonard Either way it always makes me sad. The more the merrier.
12:58 kivilahtio It will be hard time for them to figure it all out
12:58 oleonard But I have the luxury of speaking the dominant language.
12:58 kivilahtio multilinguistics is a richness
12:58 kivilahtio :D what a translation
13:05 magnuse here's a story from march: "National Library brings 'Koha' to Pangasinan"[…]SubCategoryId=473
13:11 talljoy joined #koha
13:15 samerrill left #koha
13:23 magnuse don't forget to give Koha the thumbs up at if you havn't done so already!
13:54 tcohen hi #koha, is there an entry on the wiki for holdings data in post-3.2 versions of koha?
13:54 tcohen more specifically, on importing holdings data INTO koha?
13:55 druthb tcohen++ #for 3.4-upgrade-problem-finder-script.
13:55 magnuse tcohen: i think this is your best reference:[…]_fields_%289xx%29
13:56 tcohen magnuse: then for importing records with holdings people should keep coding holdings data into 952 and koha will remove it?=
13:57 druthb is now known as druthb_away
13:57 magnuse tcohen: heh, yeah guess that is one way to see it...
13:58 magnuse koha will update the database with data from 952 and then reassemble the 952 when it is needed
13:59 tcohen magnuse: so, if you install 3.4.X from zero, and import data the-old-way (952-coded holdings) it will work as expected
13:59 magnuse it should, yes
13:59 tcohen ok, i'll try to update the wiki page then
14:00 magnuse cool
14:13 wizzyrea oleonard: is there any issue with these if ($input->param("del") in if's?
14:14 druthb_away is now known as druthb
14:16 slef anyone recognise this template syntax? {[content_viewer:popupMenu​:rootID=137&direction=H]}
14:18 oleonard left #koha
14:22 wizzyrea never mind lol I have a dumb.
14:23 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
14:31 Soupermanito joined #koha
14:34 rhcl_away is now known as rhcl
14:34 rhcl Magandang Gabi
14:35 * druthb checks to see if someone rearranged the keys on rhcl's keyboard while he wasn't lookin'.
14:35 rhcl druthb: kumusta po kayo?
14:37 atz_ joined #koha
14:37 * druthb has been accused of barely speaking English, and was firmly advised *not* to attempt taking a foreign language in college.
14:42 rhcl Yea, well, my tagalog wasn't from a formal college. :)
14:43 rhcl and I barely remember a few phrases here and there....
14:43 atz__ left #koha
14:47 miguel left #koha
14:47 miguel joined #koha
14:50 miguel Are there anyone connected from Cordoba University of Argentina?
14:50 bgallagher joined #koha
14:51 rhcl Isn't that tcohen?
14:52 rhcl miguel: I think you are looking for tchoen, but he may not be logged on yet.
14:52 clrh joined #koha
14:52 rhcl @seen tcohen
14:52 huginn rhcl: tcohen was last seen in #koha 52 minutes and 47 seconds ago: <tcohen> ok, i'll try to update the wiki page then
14:52 miguel ok, thanks
14:53 tcohen hola Miguel
14:53 tcohen miguel?
14:55 oleonard joined #koha
14:56 rhcl let me try this again :)
14:56 rhcl Magandang gabi oleonard
14:57 oleonard Gesundheit
14:57 * talljoy laughs
14:58 rhcl 안녕
14:59 clrh left #koha
14:59 julian_ left #koha
15:02 nengard just realized I haven't said "hi" in a while ... I've been here, just distracted and busy
15:02 nengard so "hi" #koha
15:02 oleonard I hope it's a good busy nengard
15:03 nengard I think it is ... sometimes I can't tell
15:03 nengard I have a book due to the publisher in a week and we're upgrading all our libraries to 3.4.1 and just finished SLA and have ALA coming up ....
15:03 nengard just a lot :0
15:03 slef rhcl: ĉio?
15:04 slef I mean
15:04 slef rhcl: kio?
15:05 talljoy nengard: have enjoyed reading the "librarian friendly" release notes on koha page.  Thanks!
15:05 talljoy nengard++
15:05 nengard glad to help!
15:05 talljoy left #koha
15:07 bgallagher left #koha
15:07 bgallagher joined #koha
15:08 alex_a is now known as alex_away
15:08 kmkale joined #koha
15:08 kmkale Namaskar #koha
15:11 rhcl guess I'm lost with the euro languages.. :)
15:11 wizzyrea oleonard: about?
15:12 druthb namaste, kmkale.  :)
15:13 oleonard left #koha
15:14 kmkale Namaste druthb :)
15:17 bgallagher left #koha
15:18 reiveune bye
15:18 reiveune left #koha
15:21 kmkale @later tell Brooke Yes that description of Thane is fairly accurate
15:21 huginn kmkale: The operation succeeded.
15:25 wizzyrea @later tell oleonard something has gone funny with your column hiding stuff on batchmod-edit and batchdel :(
15:25 huginn wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.
15:32 Johnindy joined #koha
15:32 kmkale_ joined #koha
15:33 marlened left #koha
15:37 kmkale__ joined #koha
15:37 kmkale left #koha
15:37 kmkale__ is now known as kmkale
15:39 nengard anyone know where the note you enter in acq when receiving an item is supposed to go?
15:39 kmkale__ joined #koha
15:40 clrh joined #koha
15:40 clrh left #koha
15:41 slef nengard: no. Shall I look?
15:41 nengard if you can that would be awesome
15:42 slef can you tell me the <input>s name?
15:42 slef URL ends, right?
15:42 slef sorry,
15:43 matts is now known as matts_away
15:43 kmkale_ left #koha
15:44 slef nengard: it ends up in aqorders.notes
15:44 nengard thanks!
15:44 slef (via C4::Acquisitions::ModOrder)
15:44 nengard can we see that anywhere in the GUI?
15:46 slef acqui/basket?
15:46 kmkale left #koha
15:47 nengard I need to test again ... but I don't think so
15:47 slef yeah, pretty sure that's it... there are quite a few fields called notes in koha though.
15:47 nengard k
15:47 slef small warning, I'm looking at 3.2 and you just said you're going to 3.4.1
15:47 bgallagher joined #koha
15:48 slef my 3.4 working directory is a mess of merges at the moment so I don't want to look at that
15:53 kivilahtio left #koha
15:56 kmkale__ left #koha
16:00 kmkale joined #koha
16:03 kmkale_ joined #koha
16:07 Oak joined #koha
16:07 Oak \o
16:07 druthb hi, Oak!
16:08 Oak Hello druthb :) how are you today?
16:08 kmkale left #koha
16:09 kmkale_ is now known as kmkale
16:09 druthb chugging along.  :)
16:11 druthb is now known as druthb_lunching
16:13 bgallagher left #koha
16:14 mib_cait joined #koha
16:14 mib_cait hi #koha
16:14 Oak hello mib_cait ... finally
16:14 mib_cait finally?
16:15 mib_cait my laptop is pulling the blinking grub> stunt again :(
16:15 Oak i was wondering where were you... not here i mean
16:15 mib_cait spent time with my family :)
16:15 Oak good good
16:15 mib_cait now tryint to repair my laptop...
16:17 * Oak uses lilo -- Always
16:17 bigbrovar left #koha
16:18 mib_cait lilo?
16:18 Oak never heard of lilo O-O
16:18 Oak Linux Loader
16:20 mib_cait not sure this will help here
16:20 mib_cait it's the third time it happened :(
16:21 mib_cait evertthing is ok... until I decide to update it
16:21 mib_cait and after that... grub>...
16:21 mib_cait I think the laptop's old graphic card and ubuntu don't like each other much
16:21 kmkale left #koha
16:23 rhcl wonder if Koha supports bitcoins....
16:33 nengard is now known as nengard_lunch
16:34 library_systems_guy does anybody know where the script is that handles notices and emails
16:34 library_systems_guy (assuming its one script)
16:38 mib_cait which notices?
16:38 mib_cait there are 3 cronjobs related to notices and emails I think
16:38 library_systems_guy overdues
16:38 wahanui hmmm... overdues is a cronjob, so that's easy
16:39 mib_cait it's under misc... cronjobs
16:39 Guillaume left #koha
16:39 mib_cait or similar
16:39 library_systems_guy thanks mib_cait
16:39 mib_cait you will also need process_message_queue
16:39 mib_cait to actually send the notices out
16:40 * library_systems_guy sobs softly
16:40 library_systems_guy Margo also wanted me to ask you guys if there was a setting to put the location of an itom in the results list
16:41 library_systems_guy item*
16:43 mib_cait in which list?
16:43 mib_cait the opac or intranet result list?
16:43 library_systems_guy opac
16:43 * mib_cait sobs too
16:43 mib_cait this grub repair thing doesn't work :(
16:44 library_systems_guy the grub repair doesn't work?
16:44 mib_cait no
16:44 library_systems_guy have you tried popping in the ubuntu disk and running a recovery?
16:44 mib_cait I only get a lot of error messages
16:45 library_systems_guy are you updating to 11.04?
16:45 mib_cait no
16:45 mib_cait I am already there...
16:45 mib_cait but sometimes when I run updates... something goes terribly wrong
16:45 library_systems_guy ohh
16:45 mib_cait and all I get on the next restart is a blinking grub>
16:45 mib_cait last time my coworker repaired it for me
16:45 * library_systems_guy is thinking
16:45 mib_cait one time I managed to do it... but took no notes :(
16:46 library_systems_guy and you've done the autoclean and autoremove stuff?
16:46 mib_cait ?
16:46 mib_cait I am still a linux newb
16:46 library_systems_guy apt-get autoclean
16:46 mib_cait I just agreed to update
16:46 library_systems_guy apt-get autoremove
16:46 mib_cait ubuntu desktip
16:47 mib_cait I think it should do that automagically
16:47 library_systems_guy i still have to do it on my ubuntu desktop install
16:47 library_systems_guy just to kill abandoned packages
16:48 library_systems_guy im running the latest updates now
16:48 library_systems_guy ill see if it kills mine too
16:49 mib_cait wellI guess it's too late for that now
16:49 mib_cait coworker said problem could be the graphics chip
16:49 mib_cait this laptop is really old
16:49 mib_cait about 8 years now
16:49 library_systems_guy ohh yeah that is really old for a laptop
16:49 library_systems_guy err desktop for that matter
16:49 mib_cait and it happened 3 times now...
16:49 mib_cait so you are good with linux?
16:50 mib_cait this manual says "change into a chroot environment"
16:50 library_systems_guy im ok...i get around pretty well
16:50 library_systems_guy for grub?
16:50 mib_cait yes
16:51 library_systems_guy i think you just use chroot from the grub command line
16:51 mib_cait ok?
16:51 library_systems_guy i've only had to do it once
16:51 library_systems_guy so where you see grub>
16:51 library_systems_guy do you have a link that you are looking at?
16:52 library_systems_guy you really only use chroot to reinstall grub
16:52 mib_cait[…]ur#chroot-Methode
16:52 mib_cait and thx for trying to help me :)
16:52 mib_cait library_systems_guy
16:52 mib_cait library_systems_guy++
16:53 library_systems_guy ok so this is saying there are several options
16:53 library_systems_guy but I would still try and reinstall grub from inside ubuntu if possible
16:53 library_systems_guy or will it not boot at all?
16:53 mib_cait not at all
16:53 library_systems_guy poo
16:53 library_systems_guy ok
16:54 mib_cait I have a terminal now
16:54 mib_cait from the live cd
16:54 mib_cait or not at all.. where not at all means I only get that screen with the grub> command line. but the possibilities from there seem limited
16:55 Oak at that prompt, does typing 'help' do anything?
16:56 slef pressing tab definitely helps
16:56 collum mib_cait: I had to add nomodeset to my grub settings on an old profile computer at home.
16:56 collum[…]artup-workaround/
16:57 library_systems_guy grub> root (hd0,0)
16:57 library_systems_guy assuming hd0 is where grub is installed
16:57 library_systems_guy generally if it is an older computer it is
16:58 library_systems_guy then can you let me know what you get?
16:58 mib_cait hm, I am still in the terminal from the live cd - so leave that and restart?
16:59 library_systems_guy yeah so you can get to a grub window
16:59 library_systems_guy err grub shell
16:59 library_systems_guy oh man
16:59 slef If you're really only got a grub> prompt then a boot syntax will be something like: root (hd0,0), then kernel (hd0,0)/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda1 5, then maybe initrd /initrd.img, then boot
16:59 library_systems_guy is the computer you are talking to us on there
17:00 slef but pressing tab a lot rocks
17:00 slef biab
17:00 druthb_lunching is now known as druthb
17:00 library_systems_guy hey druthb
17:00 Oak yes, slef ... this says same thing:[…]nux/grub/grub.htm
17:00 paul_p_home joined #koha
17:01 library_systems_guy have you had a chance to looks at those *ILS that shall not be named* scripts
17:01 mib_cait ?
17:01 mib_cait ok, I am confused by now
17:01 library_systems_guy lol sorry I tried to catch ruth
17:02 mib_cait it's ok... this laptop has realyl a sense for bad timing
17:02 library_systems_guy this is what i am using for reference[…]org/msg92047.html
17:02 slef Oak: good link. I didn't know about find.
17:02 Oak :)
17:03 mib_cait ok
17:03 mib_cait on grub command line now
17:03 mib_cait so root (hd0,0)
17:03 library_systems_guy yes
17:03 * mib_cait wants to cry
17:03 mib_cait have to find out first how to type ( and ) on an english keyboard
17:03 Oak mib_cait, don't
17:03 * library_systems_guy hugs mib_cait
17:05 mib_cait unknown command root
17:06 Oak huh, okay, you can cry now
17:06 Oak go ahead
17:06 mib_cait that is not helpful
17:06 mib_cait or nice
17:06 Oak uh oh,
17:06 * mib_cait is in a mood to throw something now
17:06 mib_cait library_systems_guy: what now?
17:06 mib_cait slef?
17:06 wahanui rumour has it slef is a proponent of all things cooperative
17:06 * library_systems_guy isn't giving up on mib_cait
17:07 library_systems_guy mount -o bind /dev /mnt/dev
17:07 library_systems_guy try that
17:07 library_systems_guy let me know if it work
17:08 * Oak will be quiet for one hour now
17:08 nengard_lunch is now known as nengard
17:08 * paul_p_home head for dinner, see you in 1 hours
17:09 mib_cait unknown command mount
17:09 library_systems_guy grr
17:09 mib_cait I think this will not work from the grub line
17:09 mib_cait most of the manuals suggest getting into a terminal from a livecd
17:09 library_systems_guy ok one last thing and then we can go back to the live cd
17:10 library_systems_guy chroot /bin/bash /
17:10 mib_cait ok
17:10 library_systems_guy try that, if it doesn't work we'll go back to the terminal
17:10 mib_cait unknown commant chroot
17:11 bgallagher joined #koha
17:11 library_systems_guy grr ok back to the terminal
17:11 library_systems_guy sorry mib_cait
17:12 Oak okay, hour is over, what does this do: find /sbin/init    ?
17:12 mib_cait your hours are fast :P
17:13 mib_cait library_systems_guy: starting the live cd takes a little, I am on my way
17:13 library_systems_guy its ok :)
17:13 library_systems_guy mind taking a look at this link while you wait
17:14 mib_cait ok
17:14 mib_cait about your question- location in result list. I think it's not possible right now, but might be wrong
17:15 mib_cait ok, back in termainal
17:15 library_systems_guy ahh ok...not possible in a setting or not possible with added code?
17:15 library_systems_guy ok cool
17:15 mib_cait the fdisk shows sda1 as linux
17:15 library_systems_guy sweet
17:15 mib_cait I have no other os on this laptop, only ubuntu
17:15 library_systems_guy its ok
17:16 library_systems_guy so does the sudo mkdir /media/sda1 work?
17:18 mib_cait looks good
17:18 mib_cait I did the first 3 steps
17:18 library_systems_guy so the last one should be
17:18 mib_cait sudo grub-install... gives me Installation finished. No error reported
17:18 library_systems_guy YAYY
17:18 mib_cait so this was it´?
17:18 library_systems_guy so if you reboot does it work??
17:18 mib_cait hm, we will see
17:18 mib_cait all fingers crossed please!
17:18 Oak moment of truth
17:19 sekjal left #koha
17:19 * library_systems_guy crosses fingers for mib_cait
17:19 * Oak goes prepare for celebrations
17:19 larryb joined #koha
17:19 mib_cait hm, shutting down... is looking weird
17:19 library_systems_guy uh oh
17:19 library_systems_guy what is weird about it?
17:19 mib_cait I/o errors
17:19 library_systems_guy 0_0
17:20 library_systems_guy is there anything on there that is preventing you from doing a clean install?
17:20 mib_cait yes, files and a koha installation I don't want to redo...
17:20 mib_cait ok, could get the files otu
17:20 mib_cait hm, grub
17:20 mib_cait didn't work
17:20 library_systems_guy poop
17:21 Oak crap
17:21 mib_cait yeah
17:21 * Oak returns the balloons and cake
17:22 library_systems_guy ok so this is for grub2
17:22 library_systems_guy larryb might have some insight on this too
17:23 francharb joined #koha
17:23 francharb left #koha
17:23 larryb I missed the beginning of the conversation. What up?
17:23 mib_cait trying to repair my laptop
17:24 library_systems_guy mib_cait is having issues with grub failing
17:24 mib_cait ubuntu, after update all I get is grub>
17:24 mib_cait regular update, finished without problems, not sure what's going wrong
17:25 library_systems_guy at the grub menu can you type boot
17:25 larryb Yeah, that's what I was going to suggest.
17:25 mib_cait ok, I am on the live cd terminal now... can go back to the grub line
17:27 Soupermanito left #koha
17:27 larryb If the ubuntu documentation for grub doesn't help, and if were me, I'd use the live cd to backup all my files, and do a clean install.
17:27 larryb But that's me.
17:27 mib_cait it will take hours
17:28 * library_systems_guy agrees wtih larryb
17:28 mib_cait I repaired it 2 times...
17:28 * library_systems_guy feels really bad that he can't find a fast solution
17:28 mib_cait why is this time so hard?
17:28 mib_cait ok... coworker did it the last time
17:28 Oak that's what we used to do with windoze problems... in linux we *fix* things
17:28 mib_cait following the instrcutions on the ubuntu page I run int o this
17:29 mib_cait /usr/sbin/grub-probe: error. cannot stat aufs
17:32 library_systems_guy can you run sudo apt-get install grub-pc
17:35 mib_cait is already the newest version
17:35 library_systems_guy sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt
17:36 Oak left #koha
17:36 mib_cait already mouted
17:36 Oak joined #koha
17:37 library_systems_guy sudo grub-install --root-directory=/mnt /dev/sda
17:38 mib_cait installation finished, no errors reported
17:38 library_systems_guy sudo grub-install /dev/sda
17:39 mib_cait ... cannot stat aufs
17:39 drojf joined #koha
17:39 Oak mib_cait, I asked in #ubuntu in Freenode, check this:[…]irect=RestoreGrub
17:40 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
17:40 * mib_cait waves to magnuse
17:40 mib_cait Oak: which part of it?
17:40 mib_cait and I didn't install windoes
17:40 * magnuse waves to mib_cait and sends some consolation cookies
17:41 mib_cait thx magnuse :)
17:41 * mib_cait shares with library_systems_guy and oak
17:41 drojf hello #koha
17:41 * library_systems_guy thanks mib_cait
17:42 Oak after booting into Live cd... try this: in above link, ctrl+f Restoring GRUB
17:43 library_systems_guy mib_cait i have to go afk for a bit
17:43 mib_cait ok
17:43 mib_cait the meeting starts in 12 minutes
17:44 mib_cait oak: can't install grub - wifi n ot working
17:44 Oak okay.
17:45 ricmarques joined #koha
17:46 ricmarques is now known as Guest4584
17:46 thd-away is now known as thd
17:46 Guest4584 is now known as ricardo1
17:46 Oak and in this link,, ctrl+f GRUB 2 Troubleshooting Preparation
17:47 ricardo1 is now known as ricmarques
17:47 ricmarques Hi all :)
17:47 Oak mib_cait, that was for you
17:48 ricmarques A few minutes ago, I fixed a small typo in the "Agenda" for today's IRC meeting in the Wiki - "Global *sign* off day" was written "Global *sing* off day" - I though the typo was cute... maybe it was intentional?  ;-)
17:49 mib_cait perhals, make it more look like fun instead of work.. :)
17:49 tajoli joined #koha
17:49 magnuse that's the idea! ;-)
17:49 mib_cait is now known as cait
17:49 oakivil makes me wonder how do we sing in irc
17:49 oakivil I'm singing in the IRC
17:49 ricmarques oakivil: eheh
17:49 drojf hehe, sing all the bugs away
17:49 oakivil bugdance
17:50 magnuse the bugs sure would flee if they had to hear me sing...
17:50 hdl Hi all... Sorry. Won't attend the irc meeting.
17:50 ricmarques magnuse: LOL! Quick: Start singing!  ;-)
17:50 hdl Will read logs
17:50 ricmarques hdl: OK Henri. Take care  :)
17:50 thd hdl: could you answer a quick question?
17:50 Waylon joined #koha
17:51 hdl if you ask quick
17:51 thd hdl: What is the general purpose of the crosswalk branch?
17:52 druthb left #koha
17:52 Oak \o
17:52 Oak left #koha
17:52 hdl enable libraries to get biblios from LOC when they are in UNIMARC.
17:53 thd hdl: Is that a one way mapping?
17:53 hdl (that could also help the other way round.... ;) )
17:53 hdl it is xslt
17:53 hdl and since you cannot roundtrip MARC21 to UNIMARC...
17:54 hdl yes it is one way
17:54 cait chris_n: around?
17:55 cait hm, this could be a short meeting
17:55 slef hi
17:55 wahanui hi, slef
17:55 cait hi slef
17:55 Waylon chris, without the n, is here, at least.
17:55 thd hdl: Thanks for the quick answer
17:56 slef no rangi?
17:56 cait yeah, our release managers/maintainers are missing
17:56 slef ok, anyone got a link to the meetbot instructions?
17:56 slef meetbot?
17:56 Waylon ... gah.. okay.
17:56 slef wahanui: you suck
17:56 wahanui slef: i'm not following you...
17:56 cait Brooke will not be able to attend tonight and she asked me to chair the meeting - but I will be happy if someone else volunteers
17:56 ricmarques cait: Missing or fleeing?  ;-)
17:56 thd Is there an agenda even?
17:56 slef thd: yes
17:56 cait http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]ha-td3264811.html
17:57 cait[…]ing,_14_June_2011
17:57 larryb left #koha
17:58 Waylon do we have an active, opable person?
17:58 slef who needs ops?
17:58 cait I don't think we need ops
17:58 Waylon ah okay.
17:58 cait ok, I will start the meetbot
17:58 slef apparently I have them if we need them
17:59 thd :)
17:59 cait #startmeeting
17:59 huginn Meeting started Tue Jun 14 18:04:15 2011 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
17:59 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:59 wizzyrea I also have them :)
17:59 cait let's start with introductions
17:59 Waylon OOOOO, huginn has had an upgrade... nice...
17:59 cait #topic introductions
18:00 * nengard Nicole C. Engard, Documentation Manager & ByWater Solutions
18:00 * wizzyrea Liz Rea, NEKLS (Kansas USA)
18:00 * slef MJ Ray, software engineering specialist,
18:00 * magnuse Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway (will have to run in an hour)
18:00 * cait Katrin Fischer, BSZ
18:00 thd Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
18:00 drojf Mirko Tietgen, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany (first time lurker;)
18:00 slef err I'm going to get a kick... why don't we #info these?
18:00 slef then they'd appear in the minutes
18:00 slef #info MJ Ray, software engineering specialist,
18:00 tajoli Zeno Tajoli, CILEA, Italy
18:00 magnuse good idea, slef
18:01 wizzyrea #info Liz Rea, NEKLS, KS USA
18:01 nengard so you want us to put #info in front of our names?
18:01 wizzyrea why not
18:01 ricmarques Ricardo Dias Marques... from Portugal (occasional translator and patch submitter)
18:01 slef like that
18:01 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway (will have to run in an hour)
18:01 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ
18:01 nengard #info Nicole C. Engard, Documentation Manager & ByWater Solutions
18:01 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
18:01 drojf #info Mirko Tietgen, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany
18:01 slef one less job to do :)
18:01 magnuse welcome drojf ;-)
18:01 thd :)
18:01 magnuse yay
18:01 cait slef++ :)
18:01 drojf thx magnuse :)
18:01 thd slef++
18:02 larryb joined #koha
18:02 tajoli #info Zeno Tajoli, Italy, translation and patch
18:02 cait ok, let's start with the first item on the agenda
18:02 Waylon #info Waylon, (arabic digital library archive), based in Saudi Arabia... I am in New Zealand
18:02 ricmarques #info Ricardo Dias Marques... from Portugal (occasional translator and patch submitter)
18:02 hdl left #koha
18:02 cait ready?
18:02 cait #topic Formally Close 3.0?
18:03 wizzyrea do it
18:03 cait ok, i think hdl said he will not be able to attend the meeting
18:03 magnuse yup
18:03 slef Have there been any offers to adopt it?
18:03 wizzyrea he's gone on record stating it's his intention to close it
18:03 nengard +1 to closing
18:03 * magnuse has not seen any
18:03 Waylon How much work is involved in adopting it?
18:03 slef #link[…]-05-11-02.01.html "Should 3.0 not be adopted by an RM by next meeting, it will be a very dead parrot"
18:04 cait Waylon: I think another release only makes sense if you have people writing bug fixes for it
18:04 wizzyrea Waylon: you would want to consult any of the release maintainers
18:04 ricmarques Waylon: I would say ONLY to offer to fix / accept fixes for any outstanding bug that gets reported.
18:04 slef Waylon: depends how many bugs are reported against it, but I think a minimum would be backporting the security fixes from late 3.2
18:04 paul_p joined #koha
18:04 cait and we currently do 3.2.x and 3.4.x bugfix releases
18:05 ricmarques slef++
18:05 paul_p hello, sorry to be late, i've problems with my internet access
18:05 slef Waylon: difficulty/risk of having to rewrite things yourself would increase as current development gets further away
18:05 slef paul_p: welcome. Sorry to hear that.
18:05 jwagner Jane Wagner Liblime/PTFS (chiming in a bit late)
18:06 * paul_p Paul Poulain, BibLibre
18:06 ricmarques Welcome Paul... Jane
18:06 Waylon the digital library archive im working for, has used it as the base.. so i am quite familar with at least the auth, search, branches and member modules and scripts.
18:06 thd paul_p: add #info in front of your information
18:06 ColinC joined #koha
18:06 Waylon but.. yeah.. sounds like alot of work for a dead parrot.
18:06 paul_p #info Paul Poulain, BibLibre
18:07 gmcharlt Galen Charlton, Equinox
18:07 cait ok, so how can we proceed on this?
18:07 ricmarques I admit I'm still running a 3.0.x installation. That's the problem of having many other non-Koha related tasks where I work (few time to test / do an upgrade)
18:07 ColinC Colin Campbell, PTFS Europr
18:07 thd gmcharlt: add #info in front of your information for autominutes
18:08 oakivil #info Olli-Antti Kivilahti, Library of Joensuu, Open Library 2013
18:08 slef Waylon: do you need to fix security/serious bugs anyway? If so, it would be a great give-back to share
18:08 gmcharlt #info Galen Charlton, Equinox
18:08 wizzyrea I formally propose to close version 3.0, until such time as it has an adoptive RMaint
18:08 hankbank joined #koha
18:08 francharb joined #koha
18:08 nengard +1
18:08 gmcharlt +1
18:08 cait Colin, jwagner: can you please do the #info too? for the minutes
18:08 magnuse the last minutes said "Should 3.0 not be adopted by an RM by next meeting, it will be a very dead parrot." there is no new RM so it's dead
18:08 ColinC #info Colin Campbell PTFS-Europe
18:08 slef Waylon: but planning an escape to 3.2 or 3.4 would be my advice.
18:08 cait wizzyrea: +1
18:08 slef magnuse: +1
18:09 slef so it's dead unless someone steps forwards to propose themselves in a future meeting
18:09 cait ok. so let's have a last vote - vote +1 for closing 3.0
18:09 slef +1
18:09 Waylon slef: agreed. as it is, im not up to date on security fixes and bugs and such. the git tree's been sawn in half and burned.
18:09 ColinC +1
18:09 paul_p +1
18:09 magnuse +1
18:09 cait +1
18:09 drojf +1
18:09 thd +1
18:09 Waylon +1
18:09 ricmarques I'd say "+1" (but I would like to have some link with some text to invite future Release Maintainers)
18:09 tajoli +1
18:10 wizzyrea ricmarques: that's easy enough.
18:10 paul_p (we still have a few libraries running 3.0, but plan to move them to 3.4 asap)
18:10 slef ricmarques: I think there was one
18:10 thd ricmarques++
18:10 cait #info Vote is to formally close 3.0
18:10 ricmarques thd: thanks :)
18:10 slef #link http://lists.koha-community.or[…]1-May/035542.html
18:10 slef "If anyone is interested in taking that action, please step in onlist and ask for access"
18:11 cait thx slef
18:11 jwagner #info Jane Wagner, LibLime/PTFS
18:11 thd This vote could never stop anyone from volunteering
18:11 wizzyrea safe to say no naysayers, vote carries?
18:11 slef move on cait! ;-)
18:11 cait ok
18:11 wizzyrea #info proposal to close 3.0 passed with no naysayers
18:11 cait #topic Update on Roadmap to 3.2
18:11 cait chris_n: ping
18:12 ricmarques wizzyrea: Yep...The text that hdl put seems in the Link slef put looks great to me ("If anyone is interested in taking that action, please step in onlist and ask for access.")
18:12 cait as chris_n seems not to be around, can someone else say something about this?
18:12 slef #link[…]ap_to_3.2#Release
18:12 cait ok, I think there was a message on the translator's list
18:13 sekjal joined #koha
18:13 cait there is some translation work to do and a release can be postponed if necessary
18:13 slef Looking at that, I think there are 2 blockers still needing attention
18:13 cait does someone have the link to the mail perhaps?
18:13 tajoli In fact the last commit of 3.2 was done for a marc21 fix
18:13 slef bug 3624
18:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3624 blocker, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, REOPENED , Basket group delivery place
18:13 slef bug 5449
18:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5449 blocker, PATCH-Sent, ---, brice.sanchez, ASSIGNED , JSON malformed in Koha - Blocker with jQuery 1.4.x
18:14 tajoli I sponsor the bug Bug 3013
18:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3013 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, salva, RESOLVED FIXED, Value builder for 006 and 008 need choices for all format types
18:14 tajoli is a feature of Amicus, not present in Koha
18:15 wizzyrea #link http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]le-td4398256.html
18:15 slef cait: do you mean http://lists.koha-community.or[…]-June/001584.html ?
18:15 tajoli The biggest italina Koha user is an ex-Amicus
18:15 cait hm no, it's ok
18:15 wizzyrea there was an announcement in the 3.2.8 release notes
18:16 tajoli But I have done the new translation, as I know
18:16 wizzyrea "Important announcement concerning EOL
18:16 wizzyrea "
18:16 wizzyrea at the link I pasted above
18:16 cait #link http://lists.koha-community.or[…]-June/001605.html
18:16 slef #link
18:16 cait ok
18:16 slef #info "After 3.2.10 or 04/15/2011, a motion will be made at the August 2011 general IRC meeting to officially announce EOL"
18:17 ricmarques Already near killing 3.2.x?! Gee... You move fast.
18:17 slef was repeated in
18:17 slef #link
18:18 slef ricmarques: a motion. We can persist if enough people want it.
18:18 slef ricmarques: given the changes to templates, maybe there will be some libraries willing to fund life-support for 3.2?
18:18 wizzyrea ricmarques: with new versions coming every 6 mo, there seems little reason to keep a lot of back versions
18:18 Waylon wow. We just killed 3.0.. now we're killing 3.2?
18:18 wizzyrea in AUGUST.
18:19 paul_p Waylon, nope, we PLAN to "kill" 3.2 in AUGUST
18:19 slef no, we PLAN to PLAN killing 3.2 in AUGUST :)
18:19 ricmarques slef: LOL!
18:19 paul_p slef lol
18:19 cait ok, want to #info something?
18:19 oakivil but that bureucracy
18:19 ricmarques I admit I'm more of a fan of ... err... "longer-lived" releases
18:19 wizzyrea #info the plan is to plan to talk about possibly EOL'ing 3.2 in AUGUST.
18:19 paul_p cait, plan to plan is a good info I think ;-)
18:20 cait yep
18:20 cait ok. let's move on
18:20 slef wizzyrea: :P
18:20 cait #topic Update on Roadmap to 3.4
18:20 Waylon Close, and depreciate the RM for 3.2, or just cease active work on it?
18:20 wizzyrea slef ;)
18:20 slef #link[…]erry-pick_for_3.4
18:20 slef Waylon: to be decided
18:20 ricmarques Waylon: No need to depreciate the RM for 3.2... He's a good fellow!  ;-)
18:20 slef Waylon: think about what you would prefer
18:20 paul_p as usual, if someone volunteer to be RMAint for 3.2, then no end
18:20 wizzyrea should there be a volunteer to rmaint, I imagine it could be managed
18:21 cait rangi: ping
18:21 wizzyrea #info As with 3.0, if there is a volunteer to take over RMaint for 3.2, that release can live on. Even so, that discussion will happen in August 2011.
18:21 ricmarques cait: I'm guessing rangi is still sleeping? Current time in NZ?
18:21 rangi hello
18:21 ajmalkhan joined #koha
18:21 cait ah
18:22 ricmarques My mistake! :)
18:22 cait there he is
18:22 Waylon about 6:30..
18:22 wizzyrea nope
18:22 library_systems_guy cait are you back?
18:22 ajmalkhan hi meeting started?
18:22 wizzyrea yes
18:22 cait can you say something about 3.4?
18:22 slef ajmalkhan: hi yes. See[…]-14-18.04.log.txt
18:23 rangi wanna do the topic thing?
18:23 rangi or not bothering with that ?
18:23 nengard she already ddi
18:23 nengard did
18:23 ajmalkhan how to copy this link in this applet
18:23 cait for 3.4 - but we can move on to 3.6
18:23 rangi ahh, yeah 3.4 is chris_n
18:23 cait ok, let's talk about 3.6 zhrn
18:24 cait then..
18:24 cait #topic Update on Roadmap to 3.6
18:24 Topic for #koha is now Update on Roadmap to 3.6
18:24 rangi its in progress,
18:24 slef #link http://koha-releasemanagement.[…]s/Work_for_3.6.x/
18:24 rangi you can track the progress at http://koha-releasemanagement.[…]s/Work_for_3.6.x/
18:24 rhcl sorry for late checkin - rhcl = Greg Lawson @ Rolling Hills Consolidated Library
18:24 tcohen Tomas Cohen, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba
18:25 slef #link[…]i-bin/
18:25 Soupermanito joined #koha
18:25 sekjal Ian Walls, ByWater Solutions, 3.6 QA Manager (sorry I'm late, I'm on a bus)
18:25 cait late comers, plz use #info - thx :)
18:26 rangi if you want the raw data for that table
18:26 rangi[…]
18:26 Waylon Meeting attending... on a bus... incredible what the worlds done.
18:26 slef rangi: what is most helpful for others to do?
18:26 sekjal #info Ian Walls, ByWater Solutions, 3.6 QA Manager (sorry I'm late)
18:26 rangi marking bugs resolved and signing others off
18:27 slef Waylon: I'm sure I've done IRC meetings from sat on the sand in Miami Beach :)
18:27 rhcl #info Greg Lawson, Rolling Hills Consolidated Library
18:27 cait on this topic - we have planned a global sign off day for today/tomorrow june 15th
18:27 slef #info global sign-off day for today/tomorrow june 15th
18:27 cait #link[…]f_day,_2011-06-15
18:27 * paul_p think this global sign-off day is a GREAT idea.
18:28 sekjal I agree with paul_p
18:28 ricmarques paul_p++
18:28 magnuse #link[…]f_day,_2011-06-15
18:28 magnuse oops
18:28 cait ;)
18:28 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Argentina
18:28 cait we hope a lot of people will attend... I will once my laptop is talking to me again
18:28 paul_p I've already told here, and sent a mail to cait&magnus to say that BibLibre just wanted to announce that we will have half a day every 2 weeks where everybody at BibLibre will just work on community things.
18:29 paul_p we will start in july.
18:29 magnuse biblibre++
18:29 cait biblibre++
18:29 ajmalkhan left #koha
18:29 slef paul_p: community or koha-community?
18:29 wizzyrea biblibre++
18:29 ricmarques biblibre++ (I just can't resist jumping on the bandwagon!  ;-)
18:30 paul_p slef, community things, so sign-off or anything usefull for the koha community
18:30 thd paul_p++ I always assume that BibLibre works on community things all day every day :)
18:30 paul_p (not sure I understand the question in fact)
18:30 library_systems_guy #info Elliott Davis, University of Texas at Tyler
18:30 slef paul_p: yeah, but I mean just koha or all community projects?
18:30 Waylon is there a good test data for koha to be tested against, that everyone can use? Would like to, on occasion, bugfix/signoff, but have no full data
18:30 magnuse Waylon: i think most of us make it up as we go along...
18:30 ricmarques paul_p: More seriously, I applaud that great initiative from BibLibre :)
18:30 ricmarques Waylon++
18:30 slef Waylon: there are some test data sets linked on the wiki IIRC. I think it's fine to ask for test data if it doesn't fail with that.
18:31 cait Waylon: there are some sample files that can be installed with koha (patrons, item types, etc.), no records and items so far
18:31 thd slef: Your question makes a distinction for the ambiguity but I am assuming the Koha community in the context.
18:31 paul_p cait & waylon = on, there is a repo with a test database we used during april hackfest. feel free to download & use it
18:31 Waylon Hmm... there needs to be a complete data set, so people don't need to hunt..
18:31 cait paul_p: unimarc?
18:31 wahanui unimarc is, like, translated I think
18:32 magnuse #link;a=summary
18:32 cait forget unimarc
18:32 wahanui cait: I forgot unimarc
18:32 Waylon Ah.. there we go, thankouy paul_p.
18:32 paul_p;a=summary
18:32 Waylon paul_p++
18:32 paul_p cait, I think it's marc21
18:32 sekjal one of my goals for this release cycle is to get one or more VERY robust sets of test data built, so one can test all sorts of different aspects of the codebase
18:32 slef thd: assumption is the mother, sadly.
18:32 paul_p mmm... nope, it's unimarc
18:32 cait Waylon: for most thigns you can make up data as you go - create some items and records for the thing you test, sometimes you don't need any of that
18:32 magnuse sekjal: yay!
18:32 ricmarques sekjal++
18:33 Waylon sekjal++
18:33 sekjal we'd need at least marc21 and unimarc setups... multiple language support, as well
18:33 sekjal but we could manage the SQL data in a git repo, so as new database revisions came out, you could use the appropriate data set to match the code you're using
18:34 cait this calls for an #action ;)
18:34 bgallagher #info Brendan Gallagher, ByWater Solutions
18:34 sekjal also, making date's relative to the current date, not absolute (so overdues will always be "3 days over", not some specific date)
18:35 paul_p_home left #koha
18:35 tcohen I'd like to ask on 'Work for 3.6.x' if bug 5166 is worth it or if I should abandon that work
18:35 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5166 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, tomascohen, ASSIGNED , Refactor into a library
18:35 rangi tcohen: its been signed off
18:35 rangi so its passed that
18:36 rangi its up to qa to check it now
18:36 tcohen ok, I get it
18:36 thd tcohen: That is important work for many people.
18:36 sekjal it's on my list to push through QA.
18:36 sekjal I apologize to everyone; I'm behind on that
18:36 ricmarques Newbie question: Doesn't  "Signed-Off"  (also) mean  "checked by QA"?
18:37 tcohen thd: its fine, i'm just asking in case something more is needed for it
18:37 rangi tcohen: no, passed qa means that
18:37 sekjal ricmarques:  no, they're different steps.
18:37 rangi sorry ricmarques :)
18:37 paul_p_home joined #koha
18:37 rangi[…]i-bin/
18:38 rangi the headings are basically the life of a patch
18:38 sekjal ricmarques:  patch is written, then signed off my someone else, then QA'ed, then pushed (assuming everything works as expected)
18:38 tcohen #link[…]nt-patch_Workflow
18:38 ricmarques rangi / sekjal: Thanks... Is there some "git" entry in the Log for the QA? Or is it "just" an additional "Signed-Off"?
18:38 rangi (it could go, does not apply, or failed qa as well)
18:38 ricmarques tcohen: Thanks... Reading
18:38 rangi ricmarques: bug status changes, and an additional sign off
18:39 sekjal we can condense those steps for smaller patches... a simple, one-line template change is extremely easy to test, and doesn't need as many eyes on it
18:39 margo joined #koha
18:39 ricmarques rangi: "An additional sign-off"... Right, that's what I was thinking now. Who does that typically now? Sekjal?
18:39 paul_p sekjal++
18:39 paul_p (and rangi does that already, for trivial patches)
18:40 margo #info margo duncan, university of texas at tyler
18:40 tcohen sekjal: is there an rfc for relative dates proposal?
18:41 sekjal tcohen:  no, I was just proposing to use relative dates in the SQL dataset, instead of absolute ones
18:41 rangi ricmarques: yep sekjal is qa manager so thats him, and he is looking at coding guidelines, as well as does it work
18:42 ricmarques rangi: Right. Thanks :)
18:42 cait ok, ready to move on?
18:42 druthb joined #koha
18:42 sekjal I also try to throw as many weirdo, fringe cases at a patch as I can, in the hopes of catching bugs before they're newly introduced
18:42 talljoy joined #koha
18:43 rangi cait: yep, thats all from me for 3.6, keep the patches coming
18:43 ricmarques sekjal: "Fringe cases"? That's cool. I guess we could call the next release of Koha "Olivia Dunham" -[…]ers#Olivia_Dunham  ;-)
18:43 cait next items are KohaCon11 and KohaCon12
18:43 druthb == D Ruth Bavousett, ByWater (apologies for the lateness.)
18:44 cait druthb: plz use #info for the minutes :)
18:44 cait #topic KohaCon11
18:44 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon11
18:44 druthb #info D Ruth Bavousett, ByWater
18:44 paul_p kmkale is not here, but I have some information I think I can give you about KohaCon11
18:45 magnuse "it will rock"? ;-)
18:45 ricmarques sekjal: (I'm joking of course... what you said is exactly what a good tester does :)
18:45 paul_p There are already 128 registered ppl from 19 countries
18:45 rangi #info chris cormack, 3.6 RM
18:45 paul_p There are 8 proposals for speaking so far.
18:46 paul_p and kmkale still hope to have rangi attending ;-)
18:46 rangi nope not gonna happen
18:46 Waylon ah, to attend a con... missed my chance when it was in NZ.
18:46 paul_p well, I make at least one proposal soon, so 9 (or 10) in fact
18:46 rangi im at 2 other conferences at the same time
18:46 thd :)
18:47 thd rangi: Which two?
18:47 slef Waylon: I suspect it will be back one day. Just need to keep going long enough.
18:47 rangi access in canada, then lianza in nz
18:47 Waylon con going to be streamed live?
18:47 paul_p rangi, 2 or 3, that's not a problem: if you can be divided in 2, you can be divided in 3 :D
18:47 rangi they both overlap slightly with kohacon11
18:47 rangi but not each other
18:47 paul_p (kidding)
18:47 slef #link http://lists.koha-community.or[…]-June/035775.html
18:47 rangi i may try to 'phone' in a presentation though
18:48 thd rangi++
18:48 slef #info to vote for the time of the next kohacon11 volunteers meeting
18:48 cait rangi: +1 :)
18:48 ricmarques paul_p: LOL
18:48 slef err, that link doesn't work any more for me
18:48 slef ah, delete the . that the archive includes in the link
18:48 paul_p About the subject of proposed papers, I think we still lack things for complete newbies, like "what is OpenSource", "demo of Koha", "history of Koha"
18:49 rangi i could do the history remotely
18:49 slef #info oh and delete the . that the archive includes on the end of the link
18:49 rangi depending on the internet
18:49 paul_p rangi++ if you do the history, i could do the demo itself then.
18:49 drojf1 joined #koha
18:50 paul_p (I plan to attend, with another person, depending on money...)
18:51 rangi my presentation at access kinda overlaps, and i have most of the history written down so it wont be too hard to do
18:52 paul_p rangi, I think the "10 years in 10 minuts" is definetly a "must show" !
18:52 paul_p (well, 11 years in 11 minuts for KohaCon11 ;-) )
18:53 rangi yup, andrew and I can remake it
18:53 magnuse cool
18:54 paul_p cait, ? anyone ? anything to add to KohaCon11 ?
18:54 cait not from me
18:54 paul_p s/to/about/
18:54 cait moving on?
18:54 rangi yeah
18:54 cait #topic KohaCon12
18:54 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon12
18:55 cait I see there is a link to a doodle poll
18:55 ricmarques cait: sure, move ahead (I'll consider attending a KohaCon if/when it takes place in Portugal  ;-)
18:55 cait #link
18:56 drojf left #koha
18:56 slef #action Everyone fill out that poll for KohaCon12 timing, please!
18:56 magnuse 4 people have taken the poll, including me 5 seconds ago
18:56 cait #info Doodle poll to decide about dates for KohaCon12
18:56 paul_p well, I voted, but I think it's up to the organizer to decide.
18:57 magnuse you don't show, paul_p...
18:57 nengard i see him
18:57 paul_p magnuse, refresh ;)
18:58 magnuse i'd suggest opening up for proposals so places can put themselves forward, with preferred times
18:58 magnuse thanks, paul_p ;-)
18:58 nengard just like we did for kohacon11
18:58 rhcl I'd like to mention that many US libraries apply for grant money to attend conferences. That process can take months sometimes, so we need as much lead time as we can possibly get.
18:58 nengard proposals on the wiki with date suggestions
18:59 magnuse nengard: yeah
18:59 slef #link[…]=n2ikfyxexc3ukb2d
18:59 paul_p rhcl, same thing for french libraries, and I think for most countries too
18:59 magnuse probably
19:00 cait ok, so we want to call for proposals?
19:00 slef from last meeting "IDEA: listserv eoi for KohaCon 2012"
19:00 Waylon Hmm.. to get my library to pay my way....
19:00 slef did that happen yet?
19:00 magnuse i don't think it's too early for proposals
19:00 magnuse eoi?
19:00 slef eoi is expressions of interest
19:01 thd All information may be helpful but sponsors need to find dates which work for the sponsor's proposal.
19:01 magnuse thanks, slef
19:01 tcohen I think ill pick my savings and attend kohacon12 on my own
19:01 ricmarques magnuse: Didn't know that one, as well
19:01 cait ok, should we vote? someone volunteering to start a wiki page / write an email to the list?
19:03 cait ?
19:03 thd slef: Considering the idea of a special listserv for KohaCon ...
19:03 slef I think we will bid again (probably with London or Edinburgh this time) so I don't want to volunteer.
19:03 slef thd: you trolling me? ;-)
19:03 thd A special listserv is too easy to ignore
19:03 thd slef no :)
19:03 nengard yeah, i don't want another list to watch
19:03 magnuse slef++
19:04 slef oh I thought that just mean "send a call for expressions of interest to the koha list"
19:04 slef s/mean/meant
19:04 ricmarques nengard++
19:04 cait slef: good to hear that
19:04 magnuse sorry folks, i gotta run, if noone else volunteers i can try to set the ball rolling
19:04 slef magnuse++
19:04 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
19:04 thd slef: sorry, I misunderstood.
19:04 cait #action magnuse volunteers to send a mail to the mailing list about proposals for KohaCon12
19:05 slef thd: hard to say. Brooke wrote it and she's not here to clarify.
19:05 thd slef:  Getting attention is the problem but still easiest on the koha mailing list.
19:06 cait yeah, I think koha mailing list has most subscribers
19:06 cait easy to miss another new mailing list
19:06 thd s/the/a major/
19:06 ricmarques cait++
19:07 cait let's move on, shall we?
19:07 rangi yep
19:07 cait #topic DB Documentation management
19:07 Topic for #koha is now DB Documentation management
19:07 cait nengard?
19:07 wahanui nengard is fast
19:07 nengard I am?
19:07 cait obviously :)
19:08 nengard anyway, I just think we need to document the database
19:08 nengard I like the idea of commenting the SQL file for ease of use and reading
19:08 nengard I am willing to do what I can on this, just need the okay from you all
19:08 nengard I know we had a volunteer a while back - but nothing came of it
19:08 rangi i only like that if it db independent comments
19:08 paul_p nengard++
19:08 paul_p rangi, how to have db independant comments ?
19:08 tcohen could we maintain some schemaspy available online?
19:08 rangi thats up to someone to figure out
19:09 rangi what i dont want is adding more mysql dependencies
19:09 nengard the db is MySQL ...
19:09 rhcl rangi++
19:09 rangi until i can fix that
19:09 ricmarques nengard++  ... but, yeah... didn't someone already produce some kind of output for the Database documentation in the past? Maybe it was tajoli?
19:09 rangi and making it more mysql does not help
19:09 tcohen rangi++
19:09 cait I think normal comments in the file should be ok?
19:09 thd nengard: You always have my OK for doing more work :)
19:10 rangi as long as their are ansi sql compliant comments then yes
19:10 cait not being used for creating the database, only for reading
19:10 rangi their=they
19:10 nengard i don't know what that means
19:10 cait so something like /* */
19:10 ricmarques Yep, it seems it was tajoli (for 3.0.x):
19:11 ricmarques Koha - Dev - SQL schema of Koha 3.0.3
19:11 ricmarques http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]-3-td3068617.html
19:11 thd nengard: Which meaning confuses you?
19:11 nengard yeah i remember that - it seemed like more work than was necessary
19:11 nengard thd the 'ansi sql compliant' part
19:12 nengard cait, yes i want them there for reading
19:12 tajoli sorry, I was out
19:12 cait iirc the schemaspy solution added some kind of comment into the database - I think that's what rangi doesn't want
19:12 cait normal comments should be ansi compliant afaik
19:13 nengard i think we want something in git on the sql file that says what each field is
19:13 thd nengard: Every database language has its own specific type of SQL.  ANSI compliant means it should work on MySQL, Postgres, etc.
19:13 nengard nothing fancy, just simple text somewhere that will make reporting easier
19:13 rangi -- is ANSI/ISO compliant
19:13 tajoli yes, with schemaspy you need comment in DB
19:13 nengard thanks thd
19:13 rangi /* */ is sql99
19:13 cait ah ok
19:13 cait sorry for that
19:13 tcohen tajoli: those comments qhere ansi right?
19:14 tcohen s/q/w/
19:14 rangi thats ok, most dbs will support sql-99, but more support ansi/iso
19:14 thd nengard: MySQL AB made an extra effort at being non-ANSI compliant to make some claim about licensing your SQL code.
19:14 tajoli the schemaspy comment are INSIDE the sql definiton of the fields and tables
19:14 nengard so is that how we want to do it? /* */
19:14 wahanui Hmm.  No matches for that, nengard.
19:14 rangi --
19:15 cait nengard: write -- comment at the end of the line
19:16 rhcl firebird++ "Firebird is a relational database offering many ANSI SQL standard features that runs on Linux..."
19:16 nengard cait so for example
19:16 nengard `borrowernumber` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, -- The primary key for identifiying all borrowers
19:16 nengard or some such comment?
19:16 cait rangi?
19:16 wahanui rangi is a proud Māori whose sense of humour matches his prowess in coding.
19:16 rangi yeah, and get rid of those `` would be nice too
19:17 rangi but one thing at a time
19:17 cait ok
19:17 nengard hehe - well i copied that from the file, but while editing i can remove them
19:17 nengard i don't mind
19:17 cait ok, so that's settled?
19:17 cait moving on
19:17 cait #topic Miscellaneous old business
19:17 Topic for #koha is now Miscellaneous old business
19:17 cait do we have som old business?
19:18 nengard wait - was i just given the okay to edit the sql file and add comments?
19:18 nengard as long as i do it with --
19:18 cait I thought so
19:18 nengard heh
19:18 tajoli I can show an examnple of schemaspy comments
19:18 ricmarques tajoli++
19:18 rangi yep, i wont reject that
19:18 tcohen please
19:18 nengard there wasn't a vote, I just want to know what to do from here on out ...
19:19 cait ok
19:19 cait #topic DB Documentation management
19:19 Topic for #koha is now DB Documentation management
19:19 nengard what's the syntax for calling for a vote?
19:20 thd nengard: That is what rangi and others of have said.
19:20 cait nengard: I think ther eis no special vote syntax
19:21 cait tajoli: the example?
19:21 tajoli ALTER TABLE borrower_attribute_types COMMENT '[pat] List of extended attribute types';
19:21 tajoli is an sql instruction,
19:21 cait ok, can someone verfiy if that is a mysqlism or ansi?
19:21 tajoli that insert commet in sql defintion
19:22 nengard which is what rangi doesn't want
19:22 tcohen postgresql tables don't have comments?
19:22 thd cait: if it works in both MySQL and Postgres then chances are good.
19:23 trea joined #koha
19:23 tajoli if the comment is inside SQL, schemaspy can use it
19:24 ColinC syntax is differemt for postgresql as its a mysqlism
19:24 tcohen Postgres1l COMMENT ON { TABLE ___ } IS 'text'
19:24 nengard I'm so confused now
19:24 cait ok
19:24 cait so normal comments are the safer option
19:24 rangi i dont want db specific comments
19:24 cait ok
19:24 rangi not mysql, not postgres
19:25 paul_p[…]/sql-comment.html  and[…]-createtable.html
19:25 cait so I think we don't need a vote for that really - rm decides
19:25 nengard so then I call for a vote - all in favor of me editing the SQL file with comments using the -- syntax please vote
19:25 cait +1
19:25 thd 1+
19:25 paul_p no comment on create table it seems
19:25 paul_p so -- syntax +1
19:26 thd +1
19:26 rhcl +1   --[…]-linecomment.html
19:26 tcohen +1 --
19:26 margo +1
19:27 ricmarques +1
19:27 cait ok
19:27 cait #info vote is to use -- style comments for db documentation
19:27 nengard okay one more question and then we're done - rangi you will approve of patches that put this syntax in?
19:27 nengard don't want to waste my time
19:28 rangi if its -- style comments then yes
19:28 nengard k we can move on - the doc manager will work on the db documentation
19:28 nengard and will be asking for help on list
19:28 nengard and here in irc
19:28 thd nengard: Ask if you are following the standard while you are working and you should be fine :)
19:28 cait #info doc manager (nengard) will work on the db documentation
19:28 * ricmarques was thinking that rangi would reply: "No... I'll promptly reject your patches with an Evil Laugh!" ;-)
19:29 cait lol
19:29 cait I am gonna skip old business if noone disagrees
19:29 cait let's start with misc
19:29 cait #topic Miscellaneous
19:29 Topic for #koha is now Miscellaneous
19:29 cait quick vote for posting the minutes to the mailing list?
19:30 ricmarques cait++
19:30 jwagner +1
19:30 cait #link[…]1-05-11-02.01.txt
19:30 tcohen +1
19:30 cait example minutes
19:30 cait +1
19:30 oakivil +1
19:30 slef +1
19:30 drojf1 +1
19:30 margo +1
19:30 Waylon +1
19:30 ricmarques +1 (example minutes look great, even if automated :)
19:30 sekjal +1
19:30 paul_p +1
19:30 rhcl +1
19:30 ColinC +1
19:31 cait ah, fast decision :)
19:31 nengard +1
19:31 cait #info vote: meeting minutes from meetbot to be posted on the mailing list
19:31 Waylon needs link for roadmap to 3.0 ... to adopt a parrot.
19:31 thd I propose an amendment or clarification.
19:31 cait thd: ?
19:32 ricmarques Waylon:  ?  ;-)
19:32 tcohen thd: r u talking about vulnerabilities...?
19:32 thd Any posting of abbreviated minutes should include a link to the full minutes or better the wiki page for the meeting with the link to the full minutes.
19:32 ricmarques thd++
19:32 thd Sorry that was wriitten poorly.
19:32 Waylon sorry, i ment, adopt a dead parrot. :)
19:32 slef Waylon: that was just an example. This meeting's one will have a link I think.
19:33 cait #info thd: Any posting of abbreviated minutes should include a link to the full minutes or better the wiki page for the meeting with the link to the full minutes.
19:33 thd Any posting of minutes should include a link to the full log or better the wiki page for the meeting with the link to the full meeting log.
19:33 cait I think that is a good idea, we can add a #link at the end or to the mail
19:33 thd +1
19:33 rangi bbiab
19:34 rangi gotta feed the kids and catch my bus
19:34 ricmarques rangi: You'd better NOT get those two mixed up!  ;-)
19:34 tcohen bye rangi
19:34 cait ok, next item is
19:34 cait #topic Vulnerabilites management
19:34 Topic for #koha is now Vulnerabilites management
19:34 thd This solves the problem of under informative autominutes.
19:35 ricmarques thd: agreed
19:35 cait there are some options listed on the wiki
19:35 cait 1) private mail to the RM
19:36 cait 2) dedicated mailing list
19:36 cait 3) hidden bugzilla entry
19:36 tcohen i think 1 and 3 should be used
19:36 cait I am not sure how the hidden bugzilla entries work - can someone explain?
19:36 jwagner I'd prefer a dedicated mailing list
19:37 jwagner I thought we discussed this a couple of months ago and agreed to set one up?
19:37 slef jwagner: got a link
19:37 slef ?
19:37 sekjal left #koha
19:37 jwagner slef, looking....
19:38 sekjal joined #koha
19:38 slef[…]-03-02-17.56.html shows no ACTION
19:38 jwagner The March 2nd meeting --[…]ing,_2_March_2011
19:38 thd jwagner: We did agree as I remember or at least to send a CC message to a select group of people who need to know and would not be exploiting the vulnerability.
19:38 slef reading the log
19:40 slef ok, so let me restate this
19:40 slef #action close koha-manage
19:40 slef #action create koha-security
19:40 slef #action gmcharlt to moderate it
19:40 slef err gmcharlt are you still willing to do that?
19:40 cait +1
19:41 gmcharlt slef: yes
19:41 tcohen +1 then
19:41 thd +1 again
19:41 ColinC +1
19:41 paul_p +1 for me
19:41 Waylon +1
19:41 tajoli +1
19:41 jwagner +1
19:42 slef but just to remind you I think this is a horrible idea
19:42 slef and does the failure to do it yet suggest it's not very important even to its supporters?
19:43 tcohen irc channel should serve for reporting sec vulnerabilities, but how do we manage them?
19:43 Waylon irc channel, not the best place... logbot.
19:43 cait tcohen: I think the question is if you want to make them public immediately or not
19:43 jwagner tcohen, anyone can log into the IRC and anyone can see the logs.  Not secure.
19:43 cait IRC is logged
19:44 sekjal there are also direct messages to people you trust
19:44 jwagner slef, the off command works if every person remembers to use it every time they say something.
19:44 cait but if you write on a page somewhere peole should report here, they will not use [off]
19:44 slef but no, not the best way. Your support co is the best way. Failing that, the RMs
19:44 Waylon that librarypolice log file... does not obey [off]
19:44 slef OK, I have to go away for a bit. Thanks cait for chairing and everyone else for participating.
19:44 slef Waylon: tee hee
19:44 cait I also like he idea of the list, because more people wll get to see it
19:44 thd tcohen: We discussed making a special mail box for reporting that would feed in to the security list.
19:45 cait not only those online or at the other end of a pm
19:45 sekjal I may have missed it, but did we ever discover what vulnerabilities that company that posted to the list had actually found?
19:45 tcohen thd: ok
19:45 cait sekjal: I think no - rangi will know. he wrote them another mail afaik
19:45 slef sekjal: not the recent one as far as we know.
19:45 sekjal that looked like an automated message to me
19:46 slef spam or what?
19:46 cait slef: thx for helping :)
19:46 paul_p I think the idea of a dedicated mailbox filling security ML is good : otherwise someone would have to subscribe to the list & be moderated before sending his report
19:46 sekjal either spam, or the code being run against a very limited set of standardized tests
19:47 thd Not to speak for slef, but In case anyone missed his argument.  slef favours being open about even the worst security bugs.
19:47 cait hm ok, are we ready for a vote?
19:47 paul_p thd, I had understood that, and disagree : full disclosure is fine, but after giving enough time to devs to provide a fix
19:47 thd I think it is important to report all security bugs openly after people have had time to patch systems with a fix.
19:48 Waylon for those with modified koha, who can't cope with security updates with an easy merge.. not a good idea.
19:48 thd paul_p :) we write the same sentence.
19:48 paul_p thd, right, but me 1st :D
19:48 thd :)
19:49 oakivil damn this security issues is so tricky
19:49 oakivil the more public the issues are the better fixes they get
19:50 Waylon vs the more possibility that they'll get used.
19:50 cait I think we got fixes very fast in the past
19:50 oakivil yeah
19:50 tcohen i'd vote for a security manager (perhaps the RM) to decide when to make it public, based on work on the koha-security list
19:50 oakivil you know better, I'm just observing :D
19:50 cait without going full public before the patch was ready
19:50 paul_p_home left #koha
19:50 thd oakvil: I think that we are mostly concerned with the scariest security issues which could cause you to loose your database for example.
19:50 cait only my observation :)
19:50 oakivil ok
19:50 paul_p I think we can agree about the rule to follow
19:51 oakivil agreed
19:51 oakivil for the scariest issues
19:51 oakivil atleast
19:51 thd oakvil: There are many trivial security issues which are not scary enough to need secrecy.
19:51 oakivil but time is running away
19:52 sekjal left #koha
19:52 oakivil i gotta go. Its 23:00 here and I still need to jog to clear my thoughts
19:52 cait yes, I think we should come to ane nd
19:52 oakivil +1 for security PM
19:52 jwagner I need to leave as well.  There was a vote -- we decided on the mailing list?
19:52 cait can we agree to create a mailbox that feeds a mailing list?
19:52 atz_ thd: agreed
19:52 cait plz vote
19:53 tcohen +1
19:53 paul_p cait, +1
19:53 jwagner +1
19:53 cait +1
19:53 ColinC +1
19:53 Waylon cait, +1
19:53 gmcharlt +1
19:53 drojf1 +1
19:53 tajoli -1
19:53 thd jwagner: We decided that previously as you reminded us :)
19:53 thd +1
19:53 tajoli no -
19:53 tajoli +1
19:53 cait ok
19:54 cait #info vote: create koha-security mailign list, fed by a mailbox
19:54 cait ok, last item for today, as we have previously talked about the global sign-off day!
19:54 cait please take the time to sign-off a patch!
19:54 cait #topic Date and time for next meeting
19:54 Topic for #koha is now Date and time for next meeting
19:55 rhcl is now known as rhcl_away
19:55 cait any suggestions?
19:55 cait I am not aware of the schedule we use right now
19:55 tcohen two weeks?
19:55 rangi monthly
19:55 cait normally about 4 - once every month I think
19:55 rangi shift time by 8 hours
19:55 cait wb rangi
19:56 jwagner It has normally been the first Wednesday of the month.  In July, that's right on the heels of a US holiday on Monday, folks might be on vacation.
19:56 jwagner Maybe 2nd week in July?
19:56 tcohen are there any topics for 3.6 that need to be discussed earlier?
19:56 ricmarques Sorry. I had to leave for a while and I have to go now. Take care! :)
19:56 wizzyrea meh, interested US parties would likely show up anyway
19:57 rangi tcohen: those can go on koha-devel meeting is more for summary
19:57 thd wizzyrea: Some people would prefer to show up but others may have an enforced holidy by relations whether they want one or not :)
19:58 rangi I agree with wizzyrea
19:58 tcohen rangi: ok
19:58 wizzyrea <laughing> i'd welcome the break from my relations </laughing>
19:58 hankbank left #koha
19:58 cait so middle of july
19:58 paul_p mmm... between 11th & 18th, i'll be on holiday, afk
19:59 rangi I vote first wednesday
19:59 ColinC left #koha
19:59 wizzyrea 6th
20:00 thd +1 6 July
20:00 tcohen +1 6th july
20:00 cait wednesday, 14th july
20:00 cait 4 am for europe?
20:00 cait 2:00 UTC? that right?
20:00 cait any objections?
20:00 cait 14 july 2011 02:00 UTC+0
20:00 cait ah, correction, we had 02.00 before
20:00 cait so shift 8 hours the other direction
20:00 paul_p jul 14th KO for me
20:00 thd 6 July is two days after the US holiday which should be enough to not miss paul_p
20:01 cait 14 July 2011 10:00 UTC+0
20:01 paul_p 6th ++
20:01 wizzyrea 6 july 2011 10:00 UTC+0
20:01 jwagner Gotta run, bye.
20:01 jwagner left #koha
20:01 rangi 6 july ++
20:02 rangi yep 10 utc
20:02 Waylon okay, thankyou all. gotta go... maybe sleep more.
20:02 Waylon left #koha
20:02 cait ok
20:02 cait #agreed next meeting is on 6 july 2011 10:00 UTC+0
20:03 cait #endmeeting
20:03 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.2.10 is the pending final release of the 3.2.x branch. Please get your patches in before 1 June for inclusion. | Next IRC meeting 14 June 2011 1800 UTC+0 | | This channel is logged | Pastes at
20:03 huginn Meeting ended Tue Jun 14 20:08:04 2011 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
20:03 huginn Minutes:[…]-06-14-18.04.html
20:03 huginn Minutes (text):[…]1-06-14-18.04.txt
20:03 huginn Log:  […]14-18.04.log.html
20:05 tcohen bye #koha
20:06 tajoli left #koha
20:07 rangi ok my stop
20:07 rangi bbiab
20:12 druthb left #koha
20:12 rangi back
20:13 tcohen left #koha
20:15 paul_p left #koha
20:16 nengard left #koha
20:16 trea left #koha
20:22 Johnindy_ joined #koha
20:25 collum left #koha
20:30 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6503] Variable $sth is declared 3 times (with keyword "my") in "makepayment" sub of "" <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6503>
20:30 Johnindy left #koha
20:31 paul_p_home joined #koha
20:32 cait library_systems_guy: it's alive!
20:32 drojf1 bye #koha
20:33 drojf1 left #koha
20:33 cait bye drojf1  :)
20:33 library_systems_guy YAYYY
20:33 cait library_systems_guy, Oak:[…]79319&postcount=5
20:33 library_systems_guy omg what'd you do cait
20:33 cait I will write it down now! and save that link, that's for sure
20:33 cait I think I missed the chroot part all the time
20:33 library_systems_guy *smh*
20:33 cait smh?
20:33 wizzyrea i kept reading his name ad "djrofl"
20:34 library_systems_guy shaking my head
20:34 wizzyrea which kinda makes me giggle
20:37 cait library_systems_guy++ Oak++
20:40 cait left #koha
20:41 pianohacker joined #koha
20:42 pianohacker Hola
20:42 wahanui hola, pianohacker
20:42 cait joined #koha
20:44 rangi oh for sign off day
20:44 rangi which has started in nz
20:45 rangi heres a little tip
20:45 rangi git send-email --format-patch kc/master
20:45 paul_p_home left #koha
20:46 cait I am back! :)
20:47 Brooke joined #koha
20:47 cait oh, what does that do?
20:47 Brooke kia ora
20:47 rangi formats and sends the patch in one go
20:48 cait ah, you don't have to do the --format-patch step separately?
20:48 rangi nope
20:49 cait cool :)
20:50 cait I think I will catch a few hours of sleep soon
21:00 ricmarques left #koha
21:01 larryb left #koha
21:08 pianohacker rangi++
21:08 pianohacker local git expert ftw
21:09 rangi eythian spotted that first
21:09 pianohacker oh, that works too
21:09 pianohacker rangi--
21:09 pianohacker eyethian++
21:09 pianohacker :)
21:09 cait hi pianohacker :)
21:09 cait participating in global sign off day? :)
21:09 pianohacker Oh, right
21:10 pianohacker has that started in the us yet?
21:10 cait starts on 15th
21:10 cait not sure when that is for you :)
21:10 slef hi again... sort-of back
21:11 pianohacker Heh, not for a while yet
21:11 pianohacker but yeah, will be participating
21:11 cait cool :)
21:13 Brooke oh no you di'int mod Chris down!
21:14 Brooke rangi++
21:14 pianohacker Brooke--
21:14 pianohacker hi brooke!
21:14 Brooke yeah
21:14 Brooke mod me down :D
21:14 pianohacker gotta keep it balanced
21:14 pianohacker How's it going?
21:14 * Brooke is gunnin for low karma.
21:15 pianohacker @karma Brooke
21:15 huginn pianohacker: Karma for "Brooke" has been increased 16 times and decreased 2 times for a total karma of 14.
21:15 pianohacker Hey, who's this other person harassing you?
21:15 pianohacker That's my job
21:15 Brooke heheh
21:16 * cait hides
21:16 cait nah, wasn't me
21:17 cait trttröstrssarahtt
21:19 pianohacker trttröstrssarahtt 'er? I hardly knew her!
21:19 Brooke ba dum cha!
21:28 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
21:28 cait ah
21:28 cait keyboard problems
21:28 cait sorry :)
21:29 cait left #koha
21:30 Brooke teh ohnoes, cait dropped from qwertytis!
21:30 magnuse hehe
21:31 cait joined #koha
21:31 cait back
21:31 magnuse yay
21:32 Brooke welcome back
21:32 cait now I cantype
21:32 cait it wouldn't let me type
21:32 talljoy left #koha
21:33 cait this laptop gets weirder every day
21:33 * Brooke nods.
21:34 cait perhaps it's angry with me... because I used it to reasearch newer models
21:34 magnuse heh
21:34 francharb left #koha
21:35 Brooke clearly!
21:35 wahanui clearly is not a task for 3.4 (april 2010)
21:35 Brooke wahanui forget clearly
21:35 wahanui Brooke: I forgot clearly
21:35 magnuse rangi still around? how often does[…]i-bin/ update?
21:35 Brooke wahanui clearly has been pushed for 3.6
21:35 wahanui Brooke: excuse me?
21:35 rangi magnuse: real time
21:36 magnuse ooh, cool, thanks
21:36 rangi look i just signed 3 off :-)
21:36 Brooke Ah!
21:36 rangi[…]
21:36 Brooke teh bugs! Tey are 75 when they were 66!
21:36 rangi real time too
21:36 magnuse cool
21:36 rangi so you can graph it using jquery if you like
21:36 magnuse amd what is the timezone? nz time?
21:36 rangi utc
21:37 rangi its already the 15th here, thats why im signing off :)
21:37 magnuse yay!
21:38 margo left #koha
21:39 cait rangi++
21:44 * rangi is signing off the package ones, cos i can test them easy
21:44 Brooke you and your flying cars!
21:44 * Brooke shakes her fist at rangi.
21:45 Brooke if everyone pretended to live in the opposite hemisphere, world signoff day could last 2 days ;)
21:46 rangi is it just me thats happy about the RDA announcement?
21:46 rangi!/JMarkOc[…]80740601565425664  <-- exec summary
21:47 cait rda announcement?
21:47 rangi  (links to the report and summary from there)
21:47 Brooke yeah they had hinted at that 24 May
21:48 rangi Most of the recommendations in the report call for changes in the current bibliographic control system that will move libraries toward this desirable future.  One recommendation--3.2.5--was notable in that it called for a suspension of work underway on RDA.  The Working Group suggested that further development work on Resource Description and Access (RDA) be suspended until a business case had been articulated, benefits demonstrated, and there had been
21:49 rangi We endorse the report, with the conditions articulated by the committee. Even though there are many in the library community who would like to see a single “yes” or “no” response to the question should we implement RDA, the reality is that any standard is complicated and will take time to develop. We also recognize that the library world cannot operate in a vacuum. The entire bibliographic framework will have to change along the lines recommende
21:49 rangi whole thing summaries nicely as
21:49 * Brooke thinks of the maths is hard Barbie.
21:49 rangi "So a definite maybe with all speed and great purpose by Jan. 2013?" - Michael Mitchell
21:50 Brooke it's the ALA refrain - if the matter is important, stall and stall again.
21:50 magnuse heh
21:50 cait had been...?
21:51 magnuse #marcmustdie
21:51 * Brooke wants "Is MARC lying by my side yet?" on her headstone.
21:51 rangi yeah the bit im happy about is
21:51 rangi we dont want RDA if it includes MARC
21:51 magnuse yeah!
21:51 rangi i can live with that
21:56 Brooke right, dinnah!
21:56 magnuse "Many survey respondents expressed doubt that RDA changes would yield significant benefits without a change to the underlying MARC carrier. Most felt any benefits of RDA would be largely unrealized in a MARC environment. MARC may hinder the separation of elements and ability to use URIs in a linked data environment." yay!
21:56 Brooke left #koha
21:56 rangi magnuse: yeah thats the bit i liked
21:56 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6485] Checkout slip should be more informative, especially for single-library catalogs <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6485>
21:57 magnuse i can haz koha with linked datas, ploise?
21:57 magnuse ;-)
21:57 rangi id push that patch magnuse
21:57 rangi :)
21:58 cait hm
21:58 magnuse i'll see what i can do, rangi ;-)
22:01 pianohacker left #koha
22:01 magnuse nah, definitely wont be me doing that...
22:01 magnuse would be a cool research project for the right person though
22:02 SpaceLibrarian_home joined #koha
22:02 SpaceLibrarian_home o/
22:02 magnuse \o
22:02 rangi heya voiceless SpaceLibrarian_home
22:02 SpaceLibrarian_home :) I have to resort to computer-talk. :P
22:03 SpaceLibrarian_home and tea...
22:04 rangi i normally talk to you on irc even tho you sit 4 metres away from me anyway
22:05 cait left #koha
22:05 cait joined #koha
22:06 SpaceLibrarian_home this is very true... :)
22:09 samerrill joined #koha
22:14 magnuse time to sleep a little before starting the signoff-fest!
22:22 cait left #koha
22:23 cait joined #koha
22:23 rangi[…]06-15#Claim_a_bug.21
22:23 rangi thats 6 done
22:23 rangi probably all i have time for today, have to get ready for a demo tomorrow and do some other client work, i might try some more this evening
22:24 cait ioh
22:24 cait oh
22:24 cait there are colors
22:24 cait so magnuse added some template magic?
22:24 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
22:25 rangi who knows
22:25 rangi i just edit the table
22:25 rangi its very cool though
22:26 cait it's a very good start
22:26 cait thx rangi!
22:26 eythian SpaceLibrarian_home: I'm blaming you for this not-quite-bad-enough-to-stay home sore throat thing I've got, just so you know :)
22:26 cait I will start in th emorning - it's not 15th here yet :)
22:26 eythian living in the past...
22:26 cait poor eythian
22:26 SpaceLibrarian_home eythian: moi? I thought you were feeling poorly before i was...
22:26 cait go and sign-off onsomething... thatwill make you feel better
22:27 * SpaceLibrarian_home gives cait another cookie. :)
22:27 eythian SpaceLibrarian_home: don't bring causality into this!
22:27 SpaceLibrarian_home you started it!
22:27 eythian you started it second!
22:27 SpaceLibrarian_home meh. chicken. egg....
22:27 eythian rooster.
22:28 SpaceLibrarian_home pukeko
22:28 eythian cait: I'll try, however I have a go-live on Friday that I just got the data for, so I'll have to see how that goes :)
22:28 eythian ohh.
22:28 eythian got me there.
22:28 eythian tricksy!
22:28 * SpaceLibrarian_home was scraping at straws
22:28 library_systems_guy live on friday eythian?
22:29 cait thx SpaceLibrarian_home :)
22:29 eythian library_systems_guy: yeah.
22:29 SpaceLibrarian_home he's been doing an awesome job migration 2 platforms onto 1 system
22:29 SpaceLibrarian_home migrating*
22:29 library_systems_guy good luck :)
22:29 eythian chur :)
22:29 library_systems_guy we are going live soon so im always curious to see how it goes
22:30 eythian By the time of the actual go-live, there's been so much prep done that it's usually pretty smooth.
22:30 library_systems_guy lol true true
22:30 library_systems_guy did you guys freeze your current catalog a long time before release
22:31 eythian it froze today
22:31 library_systems_guy what were you using before?
22:31 SpaceLibrarian_home eythian: have they sent it to you yet?
22:31 rangi library_systems_guy: we are a support company, not the people going live :-)
22:31 library_systems_guy sorry I don't mean to play 20 questions
22:32 eythian they (the people I'm setting up Koha for) were using Liberty and a bespoke app.
22:32 eythian SpaceLibrarian_home: yarp, it arrived this morning
22:32 library_systems_guy *smh* oops
22:32 * library_systems_guy turns red
22:32 eythian heh
22:32 bgallagher left #koha
22:32 rangi library_systems_guy: so we have done this a few times now :)
22:33 library_systems_guy lol i didn't know who eythian was
22:33 eythian hehe
22:33 library_systems_guy yeah rangi i suppose you have hehe
22:33 SpaceLibrarian_home lol.
22:33 SpaceLibrarian_home eythian: excellent! :)
22:35 eythian yeah. Haven't looked at it, but if they've followed instructions it should be fine. I put the odds of that at about 50/50 ;)
22:38 Soupermanito left #koha
22:39 eythian <-- rangi
22:43 rangi ah yep seen that ;)
22:43 pianohacker joined #koha
22:44 rangi excellent eh
22:44 eythian but have you heard the Samuel L. Jackson version? :)
22:44 eythian or, narration rather.
22:45 library_systems_guy left #koha
22:46 rangi downloading it now
22:48 rangi[…]ting-on-a-server/
23:07 cait good night all :)
23:08 rangi night cait
23:08 cait left #koha
23:11 eythian they're slightly wrong I think, apache2-mpm-itk is pretty much -prefork with the user stuff rolled in.
23:12 eythian actually, I'm more commenting on the linked IRC log I just realised.
23:13 rangi heh
23:18 Soupermanito joined #koha
23:18 eythian OK, at first glance, it looks my 50/50 odds above were unfounded. Both sources appear to have got the data export right :)
23:19 rangi w00t
23:22 * eythian puts on some loud Latin/medieval German music and gets to work transmogrifying data.
23:24 eythian[…]nd+Isolde/1629920 <-- (specifically)
23:34 pianohacker bye for now
23:35 NateC left #koha
23:42 pianohacker left #koha
23:46 BobB joined #koha
23:50 BobB left #koha
23:55 bgallagher joined #koha
23:56 bgallagher_ joined #koha
23:56 bgallagher left #koha
23:56 bgallagher_ is now known as bgallagher

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary