IRC log for #koha, 2010-02-10

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:05 rhcl left #koha
00:20 wizzyrea_laptop left #koha
00:28 collum_ left #koha
00:29 owen joined #koha
00:29 chris hiya owen
00:30 owen Hi. Just got the kids in bed, thought I'd wander by
00:30 chris cool, tis pretty quiet at the moment
00:31 * owen worked on a fix for Bug 2970 today, wondering if it would make it into 3.2
00:31 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2970 enhancement, P3, ---,, NEW, Create a permission for modifying holds priority
00:31 chris if its a bugfix then id say highly likely it will make it
00:31 gmcharlt it'll be in future, at any rate
00:32 owen it's an enhancement, although minor
00:32 gmcharlt as it is an enhancement, pushing bugfixes, particularly for holds, will get priority
00:35 owen I've never submitted a patch that updates the database before-- gmcharlt are you managing database version numbers?
00:36 gmcharlt yes - in the code, use 3.01.00.XXX as the version number
00:36 gmcharlt and I'll assign the number
00:37 owen What about changing Will you do that as well?
00:37 gmcharlt yes
00:38 chris i have to say i much prefer that, to the complicated ideas being tossed out about revamping the updatedatabase
00:38 * owen will test more tomorrow and submit...assuming he's not snowed in
00:39 gmcharlt owen: being snowed in gives you more time to hack Koha without your pesky day job interfering ;)
00:39 owen Except my day job turns into a babysitting one!
00:39 brendan snow++ # /me won't be seeing any for awhile
00:40 gmcharlt brendan: you're going to code4lib in North Caroline in a couple weeks - better be careful saying that
00:40 brendan :)
00:42 chris is it bug day tomorrow?
00:44 * owen wonders if he could swing a trip to the code4lib preconference day...
00:44 chris how far is it?
00:44 * brendan would love to have you there
00:44 chris from the chatter on #code4lib the place sounds like quite tricky to get too
00:44 owen Google maps says 6.5 hr drive
00:44 chris without snow :)
00:44 gmcharlt chris: it is indeed bug day tomorrow
00:44 brendan we can set aside for time for you to talk present --> if you need some motivatiom
00:45 owen Yeah :|
00:45 chris cool, ill set aside my morning for bugs
00:46 owen I'd love to be there brendan but there's no way I'd attempt the drive if the weather was bad
00:46 owen ...and since there's no way to know...
00:46 brendan ok it's on you munin - make the weather good for that day
00:46 * brendan does the munin good weather dance
00:47 gmcharlt @wunder 99517
00:47 munin gmcharlt: The current temperature in Northern Lights/ Turnagain, Anchorage, Alaska is -2.6�C (3:42 PM AKST on February 09, 2010). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 73%. Dew Point: -7.0�C. Windchill: -3.0�C. Pressure: 29.42 in 996.2 hPa (Falling). Strong wind through tonight along Turnagain Arm and higher elevations...
00:47 gmcharlt wow, positively balmy in Anchorage
00:47 gmcharlt I'm quite serious, by the way
00:50 moodaepo @wunder 56001
00:50 munin moodaepo: The current temperature in South on Monks, Mankato, Minnesota is -6.4�C (6:45 PM CST on February 09, 2010). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 86%. Dew Point: -8.0�C. Windchill: -13.0�C. Pressure: 30.15 in 1020.9 hPa (Rising).
00:50 brendan @wunder northpole alaska
00:50 munin brendan: Error: No such location could be found.
00:51 gmcharlt @wunder barrow, alaska
00:51 munin gmcharlt: The current temperature in Barrow, Alaska is -29.0�C (3:45 PM AKST on February 09, 2010). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: -32.0�C. Windchill: -40.0�C. Pressure: 29.94 in 1014 hPa (Falling).
00:51 brendan there you go that's cold
00:54 brendan busy day tomorrow hoping that I can make it for part of the day for bug squashing
00:55 chris sweet
00:56 * owen wanders off again
00:56 owen is now known as owen-away
00:57 joetho <---looking at the merge option mentioned above, using the virtualshelflist thing.
00:57 joetho pretty interesting
00:57 chris yeah, seems to work too
00:57 chris that and the bulk item editing are pretty neat
01:01 joetho I want to test that too
01:02 joetho tomorrow.
01:03 joetho Hope the Bywater test server doesn't spring a leak.
01:03 braedon|work shouldn't it be bug squishing now?
01:03 joetho This is so much more fun than it was a month ago.
01:03 braedon|work "There is a bug squashing session tomorrow all day, all time zones in the #koha"
01:03 joetho Wow.
01:03 joetho Yes, I know
01:04 braedon|work 14 timezones should be in the 10th by now
01:04 brendan thanks joetho --> I'll make sure to update last thing tonight
01:05 brendan do you know why we choose the name ByWater (not anything to do with water)?
01:05 gmcharlt I'll bite - why did you pick that name?
01:06 joetho no idea
01:06 brendan it's a small community meeting place in the shire
01:06 brendan from LOTR
01:06 joetho hmmm
01:06 gmcharlt ah
01:06 brendan played on the literary reference and the community aspect of it
01:06 gmcharlt nice
01:07 * brendan spent my childhood in mid-earth
01:07 brendan sorry middle-earth
01:10 * chris_n wishes he could break away for the preconference koha meeting in ashville
01:10 chris_n @wunder 28334
01:10 munin chris_n: The current temperature in Dunn, North Carolina is 4.6�C (8:04 PM EST on February 09, 2010). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 89%. Dew Point: 3.0�C. Windchill: 5.0�C. Pressure: 29.38 in 994.8 hPa (Falling). High Wind Warning in effect from 6 am to 9 PM EST Wednesday...
01:11 brendan chris_n would love to have you
01:11 brendan how far is it for you?
01:11 chris_n ~5 hours
01:11 chris_n of easy driving
01:11 chris_n its very nice, I've been out there a bunch since moving to NC
01:11 chris_n you need to visit Biltmore while you're there
01:12 brendan biltmore?
01:12 chris_n
01:12 brendan ah
01:12 brendan jinx
01:20 joetho the new "batch modify a queryset of items" in "tools"  came from... BibLibre?
01:20 chris yep
01:20 chris ditto the merge
01:20 joetho I can't get it to work
01:21 joetho it is not in the 3.2 dox yet
01:21 joetho Obviously I am doing something wrong
01:21 joetho but I am kind of braindead
01:22 joetho But I am extreeeeeemely interested in it, so I will try to get a very clear idea of what I am trying to express, and see if I can do it in french.
01:22 joetho French people are amused by that, I think.
01:23 joetho Tomorrow will be a big day.
01:26 joetho_away joined #koha
01:26 joetho left #koha
02:20 user77 joined #koha
02:21 user77 is now known as rhcl_home
02:36 owen-away left #koha
03:00 brendan @seen pianohacker
03:00 munin brendan: pianohacker was last seen in #koha 4 days, 7 hours, 43 minutes, and 57 seconds ago: <pianohacker> brb work
03:01 brendan @quote random
03:01 munin brendan: Quote #43: "< Ropuch> Uh - beware of tea: it can burn your throat" (added by chris at 04:35 AM, October 30, 2009)
03:02 rage_ joined #koha
03:39 Genji left #koha
03:40 Genji joined #koha
03:44 brendan left #koha
03:45 Amit joined #koha
04:05 rage_ left #koha
04:06 braedon|work left #koha
04:11 richard left #koha
04:19 rhcl_home is now known as rhcl_sleeps
04:42 brendan joined #koha
05:16 Genji left #koha
06:24 nicomo joined #koha
06:34 brendan @wunder 06516
06:34 munin brendan: The current temperature in Third Avenue Park, West Haven, Connecticut is 1.2�C (1:09 AM EST on February 10, 2010). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 50%. Dew Point: -8.0�C. Windchill: 1.0�C. Pressure: 29.76 in 1007.7 hPa (Falling). Winter Storm Warning in effect until 6 am EST Thursday...
06:54 Genji joined #koha
07:37 magnus joined #koha
07:44 kf joined #koha
07:44 kf good morning
07:45 chris hi kf
07:47 kf hi chris
07:54 shamas joined #koha
08:01 shamas DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'id' at row 1 at C:/usr/koha229/intranet/cgi-bin/​koha/admin/ line 117., referer: http://intranet/cgi-bin/koha/a[…]
08:02 shamas i am having this error in "intranet error_log" while adding authorized values
08:02 shamas can u please help out
08:02 shamas can anyone please help out
08:03 chris i dont think anyone here uses windows shamas
08:03 chris you might be better off asking on the koha-win32 list
08:03 shamas ok
08:15 Amit heya kf, chris
08:21 Kivutar joined #koha
08:24 francharb joined #koha
08:26 paul_p joined #koha
08:30 ebegin left #koha
09:18 Colin joined #koha
09:24 tajoli joined #koha
09:26 tajoli Hi
09:26 tajoli Do anyone want to discuss about bug 3255 ?
09:26 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3255 minor, P5, ---,, ASSIGNED, [3.0.x], [3.2] With dev install you must create and use a 'koha' user
09:35 magnus hm, Makefile.PL asks for a user and inserts it into other files like koha-conf.xml, doesn't it? Seems it should be able to do so for the shell scripts too?
09:37 tajoli yes, but not during 'dev' install
09:38 tajoli during 'dev' install Makefile.PL doesn't ask you user and group
09:38 tajoli and it use the default
09:38 tajoli (koha)
09:42 tajoli my patch is here[…]9-May/003448.html
09:43 bigbrovar left #koha
09:43 tajoli But is only a warning during the install process
09:48 fredericd chris: ?
09:52 bigbrovar joined #koha
09:53 tajoli I need to quite, I have insert all info in the bug 3255
09:53 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3255 minor, P5, ---,, ASSIGNED, [3.0.x], [3.2] With dev install you must create and use a 'koha' user
09:53 tajoli bye
09:53 tajoli quit
09:53 tajoli exit
09:53 tajoli left #koha
10:00 shamas left #koha
10:00 mib_nfigx7 joined #koha
10:08 Genji left #koha
10:20 mib_nfigx7 left #koha
10:30 bigbrovar hi guys am with the librarian of the school where I work and we are both trying to setup system preference for koha ( my the school's system admin) I just want to know the different between bibliographic data aquisitions and budget-based aquisitions .. advantages and stuff
10:30 bigbrovar Or a link that would explain the concepts .. we are both noobs to library catalogue systems
10:46 gmcharlt greetings #koha
10:54 bigbrovar gmcharlt: thanks for yesterday I have koha running now, the LIbrarian and I are going through the system preference. And I have updated the wiki as promised
10:55 Amit heya bigborvar
10:55 gmcharlt bigbrovar++
10:55 Amit heya galen
10:55 gmcharlt hi Amit
11:08 chris_n @wunder 28334
11:08 munin chris_n: The current temperature in Dunn, North Carolina is 1.9�C (6:02 AM EST on February 10, 2010). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 27%. Dew Point: -15.0�C. Windchill: -3.0�C. Pressure: 29.23 in 989.7 hPa (Steady). High Wind Warning in effect until 9 PM EST this evening...
11:35 fredericd About new preferences editor translation...
11:36 fredericd Text pref doesn't come rather from templates nor from db
11:36 fredericd I have to code a new tokenizer (a kind of xgettext)
11:36 fredericd But since the editor mixes text, verbs and sypref into complex sentences
11:37 fredericd I'm not sure it's even possible to get something usable...
11:37 fredericd take a look at that article:[…]aketext/TPJ13.pod
11:38 fredericd any idea from anybody?
11:40 gmcharlt fredericd: one possibility, which would also require tweaking the  preference display code, is to add the ability the tag the YAML with linguistic hints
11:40 fredericd gmcharlt: and the YAML files would have to be translated by hand?
11:40 gmcharlt i.e., if the options in a choice: are verbs, add something to flag it
11:41 gmcharlt no, the linguistic tagging can come later
11:41 gmcharlt but there's an intermediate step
11:41 gmcharlt the syspref definition in the Yaml consists of syspref name (which should end up as a comment in the PO to help identify the context of the string)
11:42 gmcharlt various pieces of text
11:42 gmcharlt which, for now, could be translated as big strings
11:42 gmcharlt and things like the choice options, which are distinct and can be translated separately
11:42 fredericd the issue is that depending of languages, the order of text, verbs and syspref name must change
11:43 gmcharlt there are limits, of course - I agree that word order is an issue
11:43 gmcharlt however, I don't think that the syspref names should be translated - they act as keys into the database
11:44 fredericd I fear it's necessary to modify deeply YAML files syntax and consequently the new pref editor itself
11:47 gmcharlt hmm
11:47 gmcharlt that is a problem
11:47 gmcharlt of course, it's not like there was a PO-based translation system for systprefs before the new editor
11:48 gmcharlt but I was hoping that we could finally fold them into Pootle
11:48 gmcharlt changing the YAML syntax doesn't bother me as such
11:48 gmcharlt particularly to better tag linguistic elements
11:51 fredericd Ok. I give a try to a raw-tokenization of yaml files and see what happens. This is the simplest path
11:53 gmcharlt fredericd++
12:06 Amit left #koha
12:15 chris_n fredericd: FWIW, webif (a web interface for open-wrt) uses @TR<foo> to tag items for translation
12:20 nengard joined #koha
12:34 bigbrovar left #koha
12:37 jwagner joined #koha
12:38 tomascohen joined #koha
12:40 bigbrovar joined #koha
12:41 owen-away joined #koha
12:42 greenmang0 joined #koha
12:42 chris_n g'morning #koha
12:43 greenmang0 left #koha
12:43 greenmang0 joined #koha
12:44 jwagner Good morning.
12:44 * jwagner listens for squishing noises
12:46 gmcharlt theme song for the day: Ride of the Valkyries, Elmer Fudd version, substituting 'buuu-uugs' for 'wabbits'
12:46 hdl_laptop hi jwagner have you ever heard the call of bugs in he hoods ?
12:49 Colin left #koha
12:51 chris_n hehe
12:52 * chris_n is glad to see talk of ILL work on the list
12:52 jwagner hdl_laptop, do crickets count?
12:53 hdl_laptop hehe
12:55 hdl_laptop seems that bugzilla is s l o w
12:56 bigbrovar left #koha
12:59 Colin joined #koha
13:04 gmcharlt hdl_laptop: thoughts on 4144 and 3912 - I think dropping checkdate and comparedate from acq.js and using Date_from_syspref to create JS Date objects for the checks would handle it
13:04 gmcharlt if you don't have patches for those bugs yet, I'll work on it
13:05 hdl_laptop go for it
13:13 nengard can someone point me to where i can find: koha-zebradaemon-output.log  so i can troubleshoot a bug for gmchartl?
13:14 nengard or gmcharlt :)
13:14 gmcharlt it's in var/log from whereever you set your Koha run directory
13:14 gmcharlt or
13:14 gmcharlt cd ~
13:14 nengard k - off to find it
13:14 gmcharlt find . -name 'koha-zebradaemon-output.log'
13:15 chris_n @seen pianohackr|work
13:15 munin chris_n: pianohackr|work was last seen in #koha 3 days, 17 hours, 33 minutes, and 7 seconds ago: <pianohackr|work> gmcharlt: re: translation stopgap?
13:21 nengard gmcharlt bug 3938 updated - and sorry it's still an issue - but if no one else can reproduce it maybe it's something specific to my system ....
13:21 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3938 blocker, P5, ---,, ASSIGNED, Cannot Search Authorities After Upgrade
13:26 hdl_laptop nengard: ?
13:26 nengard hi hdl_laptop
13:27 hdl_laptop can you please tell me which page bug 4016 occurs please ?
13:27 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4016 blocker, P5, ---,, NEW, holds listing wrong pick up location
13:27 nengard checking now
13:28 nengard hdl_laptop - I put the URL in the bug  --  cgi-bin/koha/reserve/
13:28 nengard that said I'll check again to see if it's still an issue
13:28 hdl_laptop nengard: have you reindexed your authorities  for 3938 ?
13:29 nengard hdl_laptop yup - but not since i reported the bug, so if you want to tell me what to do I'll do it again
13:29 hdl_laptop -a -reset -v
13:30 hdl_laptop in misc/migration_tools
13:30 hdl_laptop and KOHA_CONF and PERL5LIB
13:30 ebegin joined #koha
13:31 collum joined #koha
13:33 nengard hdl_laptop - i get this:
13:33 nengard nengard@debian:~/kohaclone/misc/migration_tools$ -a -reset -v
13:33 nengard -bash: command not found
13:33 nengard i need to step away - be back ASAP
13:33 hdl_laptop perl -a -reset -v
13:34 ebegin Good morning, afternoon, night ;)
13:36 nengard this was my log as i rebuilt  - and i still find no results:
13:36 gmcharlt nengard: what does ls -l /home/nengard/koha-dev/var/lock​/zebradb/authorities/norm..LCK  show
13:37 gmcharlt and ls -lR /home/nengard/koha-dev/var/lock
13:37 nengard -rw-r--r-- 1 koha koha 0 2009-09-17 11:55 /home/nengard/koha-dev/var/lock​/zebradb/authorities/norm..LCK
13:37 nengard and
13:38 gmcharlt what's the output of the id command?
13:39 gmcharlt and ls -lR /home/nengard/koha-dev/var/lib/zebradb ?
13:39 gmcharlt upshot of where I'm getting at is if you have a separate 'koha' user, you have to change to that to run the
13:40 nengard
13:40 nengard oh - wait - I DO!!! Let me try something
13:41 nengard WOOO HOOOO - and DUH!! and I'm sorry :( - all is well now :)
13:42 gmcharlt another blocker bites the dust - it's all good
13:43 jwagner nengard, I got lost there.  Was the solution a lock file, or running rebuild zebra as another user?
13:43 nengard jwagner user
13:44 jwagner Hrmmm.  My only updated server is a bit old by now (, and its index has been rebuilt by the koha owner user, but I still don't see any authority records when I search.
13:45 jwagner Maybe it was fixed after the .100 level?
13:47 nengard hdl_laptop 4016 is still an issue - i chose to have the item picked up at Fairview and yet both the patrons show that they want to have the item picked up at Centerville
13:47 nengard I can record a video of what I did if you want
13:48 hdl_laptop 3938... OK
13:51 nengard yes
13:53 rhcl_sleeps is now known as rhcl_home
13:53 Colin left #koha
13:56 magnus gmcharlt: if you push the patch for bug 3751 i'll close it asap... ;-)
13:56 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3751 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---,, ASSIGNED, Typo in
13:58 gmcharlt magnus: done
14:00 magnus gmcharlt: thanks - closed
14:01 nengard are commit and bug emails coming in slow for everyone?
14:03 Colin joined #koha
14:08 chris_n bugzilla seems a big slow from here
14:09 wajasu joined #koha
14:10 gmcharlt BZ is a little slow for me to, but not deathly so
14:17 chris_n s/big/bit/
14:20 nengard i have no trouble on the site itself - just that i'm not getting emails from it
14:26 magnus is now known as magnus_away
14:34 bigbrovar joined #koha
14:36 bigbrovar HI guys I have registered for the amazon for amazonassoctag .. I have a secret access key  and an accesskey. But I dont know I to obtain AmazonAssocTag
14:37 ebegin What is your secret key? :)
14:37 bigbrovar ebegin: em er I thought it supose to the secret ?
14:37 bigbrovar ebegin: oh I use my secret key?
14:38 ebegin Nope.  I was kidding about the secret key.
14:38 bigbrovar ebegin: any idea how to get the AmazonAssocTag?
14:39 ebegin it is usually displayed in your amazon account
14:41 bigbrovar ebegin: hmm I just cant seem to find it.. maybe its in my aws-profile\
14:43 bigbrovar ebegin: is this the same as AWS Account ID ?
14:43 rhcl_home left #koha
14:49 hdl_laptop gmcharlt: Do you know if one is working on circulation and smart-rules at the moment ?
14:49 gmcharlt in general, you mean?
14:49 hdl_laptop in general and in bug fixing
14:51 hdl_laptop In fact, we are enhancing that and found some problems with the present day situation : e.g. GetLoanLength is defaulted to 21 Why 21 ? By default (no rule defined), a checkout is... allowed.
14:51 gmcharlt well, Kyle has volunteered to be bug assignee for circ
14:51 gmcharlt but there's plenty of room for others to take ownership of circ
14:52 hdl_laptop Has he already worked on that ?
14:52 gmcharlt and why 21?  that's just a default added back in the mists of time - quite likely it is a pre-3.0 thing
14:52 gmcharlt well, Kyle has submitted various reserves and circ patches over the years
14:53 gmcharlt and he did offline circ of course
14:53 hdl_laptop gmcharlt: yes... midst of ages
14:53 gmcharlt but he tends to come and go as far as being active on koha-devel
14:53 hdl_laptop and we also did one.
14:56 gmcharlt well, if you want ot toss your hat in the ring to be assignee for circ components in BZ, I don't think anybody would object
14:58 john joined #koha
14:58 john_brice left #koha
15:02 tajoli joined #koha
15:02 wizzyrea so, how are we going about this bug squashing?
15:02 nengard wizzyrea - put on some big shoes and start stomping :)
15:02 wizzyrea hehe
15:03 wizzyrea well, a pull is probably in order before we start that
15:03 nengard yup
15:03 nengard lots of commits last night and this morning
15:03 gmcharlt wizzyrea: pretty much as nengard says - pick a bug that you can fix, assigned to yourself, make the patch, and submit it
15:04 wizzyrea better to upgrade or start fresh?
15:05 gmcharlt either/or - it helps to have both upgrades and fresh installs tested
15:10 tajoli left #koha
15:10 ebegin bigbrovar, it should be in Account »  Security Credential
15:12 bigbrovar ebegin: thanks
15:15 eric_b joined #koha
15:15 braedon|home left #koha
15:15 kf left #koha
15:15 braedon|home joined #koha
15:16 kf joined #koha
15:17 eric_b is now known as ebgni
15:17 ebgni is now known as ebegin_inlibro
15:18 collum left #koha
15:21 nengard chris_n - i just printed my first batch of patron cards!! You rock!! It's awesome :)
15:22 ebegin left #koha
15:24 chris_n cool!
15:25 * chris_n is looking for a dye-sublimation id card printer for a reasonable price
15:26 chris_n and then will work toward coding that module to format for printing on that
15:31 Nate joined #koha
15:32 nengard gmcharlt the patch for 4010 was applied, but not the patch for 4009 and they were both submitted in one patch --- was there a merge issue? or a reason one went through and the other didn't?
15:33 bigbrovar It seems the language options for koha 3.0.5 is broken  If I choose english and french the default language would be set to french and cant be changed from OPAC
15:33 bigbrovar Even if I select the english language options it still stays french
15:33 gmcharlt nengard: what separate patch?  the one submitted covered both - 'bug 4009 & 4010 add required fields'
15:33 owen joined #koha
15:33 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4009 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---,, ASSIGNED, New list w/out title fails silently
15:34 nengard sorry - worded poorly - it was one patch but only 4010 was fixed and 4009 wasn't ... so the question is - is it possible my changes were overwritted by a merge issue?
15:35 owen Hi all
15:35 nengard morning owen!
15:36 bigbrovar left #koha
15:36 greenmang0 left #koha
15:38 gmcharlt nengard: I'm not seeing that 4009 is not fixed (sorry for the double negative)
15:38 gmcharlt i.e., it is prompt if you try to add a list with an empty title
15:39 nengard hmmm - well i can create a list without a title and i get no errors
15:39 nengard apparently my system is just all screwy!!!
15:39 nengard i'll checkout a copy of just that file and see if that fixes it
15:39 ebegin_inlibro is now known as ebegin
15:39 laurence joined #koha
15:39 owen OPAC or staff client?
15:40 gmcharlt OPAC in the case of bug 4009
15:40 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4009 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---,, ASSIGNED, New list w/out title fails silently
15:41 nengard owen - you are right, there is another bug i need to address -i was on the staff side - where there is no warning - off to report and patch
15:41 gmcharlt right, the you submitted was for the OPAC
15:46 gmcharlt hdl_laptop: unless I'm mistaken, I think 3609 is fixed
15:46 hdl_laptop bug 3069
15:46 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3069 enhancement, P5, ---,, NEW, Koha Z39.50 client process discussion
15:46 gmcharlt bug 3609
15:46 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3609 blocker, P5, ---,, NEW, updatedatabase from 3.0.x, new acq permissions
15:49 hdl_laptop i think it was an update problem on the database used
15:49 collum joined #koha
15:50 gmcharlt ok, then it can probalby be closed now - general DB udpate issues from 3.0.x to 3.2 can be added to bug 4141 if they still exist
15:50 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4141 blocker, P5, ---,, NEW, reconcile 3.0.x and HEAD database updates for 3.2.0
15:51 * owen would love to get someone's opinion on Bug 4123
15:51 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4123 critical, P5, ---,, NEW, Error in checking whether a checkout can be renewed
15:53 wizzyrea :( sysprefs say: [Sat Jan 30 06:41:41 2010] [error] [client] [Sat Jan 30 06:41:41 2010] Use of uninitialized value $text in pattern match (m//) at /home/liz/kohaclone/admin/ line 198., referer: http://localhost:8888/cgi-bin/[…]min/
15:54 owen I get that too wizzyrea
15:55 gmcharlt ouch - I noticed that I allowed that CanBookBeRenewed update go through including an SQL query that didn't use placeholders fro everything
15:56 wizzyrea it looks like it changes the setting though
15:56 wizzyrea or not
15:56 wizzyrea blerg.
15:57 gmcharlt owen: re bug 4123, at first glance that big query on issuingrules shouldn't have been used in the first place
15:58 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4123 critical, P5, ---,, NEW, Error in checking whether a checkout can be renewed
15:58 gmcharlt instead, something like GetIssuingRule() should be used to look up the relevant rule
15:58 francharb left #koha
16:02 gmcharlt there are several other places in C4 where queries on issuingrules ought to be replaced by a central circ rule lookup function
16:02 gmcharlt so that the rules for handling checks on branchcode, itemtype, and categorycode can be done consistently
16:02 owen thanks for looking gmcharlt. I'll have to leave it to cleverer folk than myself.
16:03 francharb joined #koha
16:04 wizzyrea sooo... how does one set the sysprefs with that error?
16:04 danielg joined #koha
16:05 gmcharlt is it a particular syspref?
16:05 wizzyrea nozebra
16:05 owen wizzyrea: You find that you can't set sysprefs? I get the error in my log but I haven't had problems saving prefs
16:05 wizzyrea could I turn off javascript?
16:05 wizzyrea it tells me internal server error
16:05 wizzyrea it *looks* like it sets it
16:06 wizzyrea but if you refresh, it's not set
16:06 wizzyrea at least in my case
16:06 wizzyrea I suppose I could dump the db and set it again at install time
16:06 gmcharlt hmm, not having any problem twiddling that syspref
16:06 wizzyrea gah
16:07 danielg hi, daniel grobani at samuel merritt university here. i'll be lurking on & off during today to see what y'all are up to
16:07 gmcharlt wecome danielg
16:07 owen Hi danielg
16:07 wizzyrea
16:07 wizzyrea note the message log
16:08 wizzyrea at the bottom
16:08 owen Interesting, I've never seen that before
16:08 wizzyrea and how it looks like it's set, but if you refresh it's off
16:08 gmcharlt what do you get when you run md5sum admin/  on the server?
16:09 gmcharlt and md5sum svc/config/systempreferences
16:10 wizzyrea maybe this is actually the problem
16:11 wizzyrea something about the searching of the sysprefs?
16:11 wizzyrea because that's how I found it
16:12 gmcharlt yep, svc/config/systempreferences is what actually changes syspref values
16:12 gmcharlt what do you get when you run perl -c svc/config/systempreferences ?
16:14 wizzyrea ah ty that is illuminating
16:14 pastebot "wizzyrea" at pasted "error" (1 line) at
16:15 wizzyrea is that a new requirement?
16:15 wizzyrea did I not properly read the readme
16:15 wizzyrea >.<
16:17 wizzyrea one moment, installing that little bugger
16:17 * wizzyrea feels really dumb
16:18 wizzyrea i installed the JSON perl module and it works now. Thanks gmcharlt for the diagnostic tip
16:19 wizzyrea (I haven't looked) is that a new requirement or is it documented that you need it?
16:19 gmcharlt wizzyrea: ok, cool - please file a bug, assigned to me, to write up or otherwise handle instructions for installing new perl modules that were since 3.0.0
16:19 sekjal joined #koha
16:19 wizzyrea I'll take that as a no :) will do
16:20 gmcharlt it is a new requirement, and it's properly accounted for in the install scripts
16:20 gmcharlt what's missing are instructions for catching them all when you upgrade
16:20 wizzyrea Ahh! I help!
16:20 wizzyrea :P
16:22 wizzyrea there isn't a component for Upgrade, maybe we want one? (I'll put it under installation/command line)
16:22 wizzyrea or installation/upgrade
16:24 gmcharlt I've now renamed the two installation components to cover upgrades
16:24 wizzyrea :D awesome thanks
16:32 pastebot left #koha
16:32 collum left #koha
16:32 GenjiScreen left #koha
16:32 danielg left #koha
16:32 john_ joined #koha
16:32 wizzyrea_ joined #koha
16:32 masonj_ joined #koha
16:32 paul_p2 joined #koha
16:32 munin left #koha
16:32 wizzyrea left #koha
16:32 munin joined #koha
16:32 thd left #koha
16:32 gmcharlt owen: still with us?
16:32 thd joined #koha
16:33 gmcharlt @wunder 32605
16:33 munin gmcharlt: The current temperature in FoxFire Woods, Gainesville, Florida is 6.0�C (11:30 AM EST on February 10, 2010). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 46%. Dew Point: -5.0�C. Windchill: 6.0�C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017.2 hPa (Steady). Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 9 am this morning to 7 PM this evening...
16:33 owen_ joined #koha
16:33 braedon|home left #koha
16:33 kf1 joined #koha
16:33 gmcharlt owen_: transitory, fortunately
16:33 SelfishMan left #koha
16:33 imp left #koha
16:33 tomas joined #koha
16:33 fredericd left #koha
16:33 braedon|home joined #koha
16:33 Colin left #koha
16:33 logbot_backup joined #koha
16:33 Topic for #koha is now Discussion channel for the Koha ILS | Bug squashing all day Wednesday, 10 Feburary 2010
16:33 slef left #koha
16:34 slef joined #koha
16:34 Nate left #koha
16:34 gmcharlt @quote random
16:34 munin gmcharlt: Quote #31: "<@gmcharlt> but hacking Koha *should* be a restful part of any vacation ;)" (added by chris at 07:31 PM, September 02, 2009)
16:34 Ropuch left #koha
16:34 fallor left #koha
16:34 paul_p left #koha
16:34 ebegin left #koha
16:34 owen left #koha
16:34 masonj left #koha
16:34 owen_ is now known as owen
16:35 owen Grrr.... OPACXSLTResultsDisplay pref broken...
16:35 pastebot joined #koha
16:35 wizzyrea_ I'm adding this to the install.debian, it's correct right (it always annoyed me that it told you to go edit the file, but didn't tell you what to do to it)
16:35 wizzyrea_ Example (in most cases, this example would be the correct entry to have at the bottom of the file):
16:35 wizzyrea_ [XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser]
16:35 wizzyrea_ = 1
16:35 wizzyrea_ The parser you are using should be at the bottom of the file, the last listed entry. Otherwise, you may get errors.
16:36 ebegin joined #koha
16:36 Ropuch joined #koha
16:36 Nate joined #koha
16:38 imp joined #koha
16:38 pastebot "wizzyrea" at pasted "proposed INSTALL.debian change" (19 lines) at
16:38 fredericd joined #koha
16:38 fallor joined #koha
16:38 saorge joined #koha
16:38 SelfishMan joined #koha
16:38 GenjiScreen joined #koha
16:39 wizzyrea_ zowie
16:40 jwagner @wunder 20740
16:40 munin jwagner: The current temperature in Hollywood, College Park, Maryland is -5.4�C (11:38 AM EST on February 10, 2010). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 91%. Dew Point: -7.0�C. Windchill: -12.0�C. Pressure: 29.35 in 993.8 hPa (Steady). Blizzard Warning in effect until 7 PM EST this evening...
16:40 gmcharlt wizzyrea_: looks good; also check INSTALL.debian-lenny and INSTALL.ubuntu
16:40 wizzyrea_ will do
16:41 wizzyrea_ (thanks, that one always grated me, I had to look it up every time)
16:42 nengard @wunder 19030
16:42 munin nengard: The current temperature in JAT Observatory, Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania is 0.2�C (11:30 AM EST on February 10, 2010). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: -1.0�C. Windchill: 0.0�C. Pressure: 29.09 in 985.0 hPa (Falling). Blizzard Warning in effect until midnight EST tonight...
16:42 nengard jwagner looks like you get some relief before we do...
16:43 jwagner We could use some.  Third blizzard of the winter, and the second in four days.  I like winter, but enough already!
16:44 jwagner Looks like about 6-8 new inches out there now, still coming down.  The wind is the worst -- whiteout conditions all over and snow drifting everywhere.
16:45 jwagner I've been trying for a month to get a new gas stove (heating kind, not cooking kind) installed.  Finally got it scheduled for ... today.  Ain't happening :-(
16:48 nengard oh no :(
16:48 gmcharlt wizzyrea_: btw, it looks like bug 3648 can be used for your patch
16:48 Kivutar left #koha
16:49 wizzyrea_ woot!
16:49 wizzyrea_ ^.^
16:49 * wizzyrea_ stomps
16:52 * owen too
16:55 wizzyrea_ is now known as wizzyrea
17:02 hdl_laptop left #koha
17:04 nengard can anyone get the inventory tool to work?
17:05 nengard it's not working for any options i select and it's not working for a CSV file of barcodes - and I know it worked because i documented it
17:09 wizzyrea erg
17:10 wizzyrea send me your CSV and I'll try it
17:10 wizzyrea wizzyrea at gmail
17:12 nengard wizzyrea it won't work for you - it's my barcodes :)
17:12 nengard you won't have the same barcodes as me
17:12 wizzyrea default data?
17:13 wizzyrea nm then
17:13 wizzyrea :)
17:13 nengard i used this sql to generate the list
17:13 nengard SELECT  items.barcode FROM items LEFT JOIN biblioitems on (items.biblioitemnumber=bib​lioitems.biblioitemnumber) LEFT JOIN biblio on (biblioitems.biblionumber=biblio.biblionumber)   WHERE items.holdingbranch='CPL'
17:14 nengard like i said - it's the same one i used 16 versions ago to document the inventory tool and it worked A-OK
17:14 nengard :(
17:14 nengard bug reported
17:14 nengard maybe im' wrong and we can close it right away
17:15 wizzyrea erm, that actually gave you data? because it gave me an empty file :/
17:15 wizzyrea but, that could be my data
17:15 wizzyrea I thought I imported the sample data but mayb enot
17:15 wizzyrea guess that would explain why I don't get any search results :(
17:16 nengard yeah - it had a bunch of barcodes in it
17:16 wizzyrea gah, i'm feeling so dumb today
17:16 nengard the sample data doesn't have items ... i don't think
17:16 nengard i've added most of mine by hand
17:18 Colin nengard: You may want to add AND items.barcode IS NOT NULL if you want only bcs
17:18 wizzyrea grr, I think (perhaps selfishly and wrongly) that there should be sample items in the sample data
17:18 nengard Colin, i can - but the CSV is not the problem .. the problem is the report in general - it doesn't work when i don't use a CSV either
17:18 nengard wizzyrea - i agree
17:18 wizzyrea optional to install, of course
17:19 wizzyrea actually, there should be a checkbox: give me a fully functioning catalog with sample patrons, bibs, and items, this is for testing"
17:19 * chris_n agrees
17:19 wizzyrea and it just installs everything you'd need for a demo/test install
17:19 * wizzyrea grumbles
17:19 chris_n one-click, instant library :-)
17:20 wizzyrea pretty much
17:20 wizzyrea chris_n: what do you do for items/testing?
17:20 wizzyrea get data from your production serveR?
17:20 chris_n yup
17:20 wizzyrea bargle.
17:20 * chris_n thought about writing a script to harvest records from LOC and build items for them automagically
17:21 chris_n but I ran out of time
17:21 wizzyrea on the bright side, everything looks very crispy in the staff interface, nice job owen and all
17:22 nengard okay the tool works if i select nothing and leave it at it's default
17:22 nengard i do have an error log i'm adding to the bug report
17:22 gmcharlt wizzyrea: it just needs somebody to contribute a small dataset
17:22 gmcharlt ideally, something coming from a real library so that the items look real
17:22 schuster joined #koha
17:23 gmcharlt auto-creating items is viable, sure, but having items that look like they come from a real shelflist would be nicer
17:23 wizzyrea gmcharlt I agree
17:23 wizzyrea well, you'd have to sanitize locations
17:24 wizzyrea and all that
17:24 wizzyrea to fit with the other default data
17:24 * wizzyrea thinks about this
17:24 * wizzyrea has some very small libraries currently using koha
17:24 wizzyrea single branch though :/
17:25 jwagner wizzyrea, grab data from two of them.  Instant multi-library :-)
17:25 wizzyrea truf
17:25 gmcharlt something between 1,000 and 5,000 bibs total would seem to be the right size
17:25 jwagner We've thought about some kind of sample data set too, just haven't done anything about it.  We randomized some data from one of our sites for a demo server, but it's not ideal.
17:26 joetho_away left #koha
17:26 jwagner The hard part with combining data is standardizing policies such as item types, locations, etc.  Ideally, you'd like it to be clean & tidy.
17:27 nengard okay I updated the inventory bug report: bug 4152 with my error log to help with debugging
17:27 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4152 blocker, P5, ---,, NEW, cannot run inventory
17:28 nengard i know i'm supposed to be squashing bugs, not finding bugs ... but i was testing a bug that was patched and found this problem :(
17:28 owen Today seems to be bug-finding day rather than bug-squashing day :(
17:28 owen (jinx)
17:28 nengard hehe
17:28 jwagner Every time you squash one bug, two arise from the pulp?
17:30 joetho_away joined #koha
17:30 owen Does squashing a dupe count? :P
17:32 jwagner Depends on who was duped....
17:33 owen What is this new table "fieldmapping" and should it not be empty?
17:33 chris_n is it typical practice to run the self checkout under a single account?
17:34 jwagner @chris_n, you mean the initial staff login?
17:34 munin jwagner: Error: "chris_n," is not a valid command.
17:34 jwagner picky, picky
17:34 chris_n yes
17:35 jwagner I have a couple of sites that use the self-check, and they both use a single login ID for it, but there's no real reason it _has_ to be one ID.
17:35 owen I see, new link on the Administration page, "Keyword to MARC Mapping"
17:36 owen (new to me anyway, I probably wasn't paying attention)
17:36 jwagner chris_n, one reason you might want to limit it (in practice) to a single login is security.  I set up a separate user with restricted permissions, rather than having a full superuser ID logged in.
17:37 chris_n jwagner: that was my concern
17:37 chris_n @dict bug
17:37 munin chris_n: wn, foldoc, jargon, gcide, and moby-thes responded: gcide: Bug \Bug\ (b[u^]g), v. t. to {annoy}; to bother or pester. [PJC] Bugaboo; wn: bug n 1: general term for any insect or similar creeping or crawling invertebrate 2: a fault or defect in a system or machine [syn: {glitch}] 3: a small hidden microphone; for listening secretly 4: insects with sucking mouthparts and forewings thickened (41 more messages)
17:38 jwagner "sucking mouthparts"????
17:38 jwagner chris_n, also see Bug 3738 for automating the login to self-check.
17:38 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3738 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---,, ASSIGNED, Automate login to web-based self-check system
17:38 owen nengard or anyone else, Do you know anything about "Keyword to MARC Mapping?"
17:38 nengard owen no! but I do need to know about it for documenting purposes - i think i emailed the list to ask for help and never heard anythng
17:38 nengard anything
17:40 owen Looks like subtitle display is broken because I don't have anything defined there
17:40 owen When I add a "mapping" for subtitle (245b) and the BKS framework, I get subtitle display
17:41 owen But what other bits of info require mapping there?
17:41 francharb left #koha
17:42 kf1 left #koha
17:44 schuster chris_n - we use self check and the librarians use a low level generic login for circ and self check - it also helps because it sets the location
17:45 schuster 245n
17:48 gmcharlt nengard: I've pushed a patch for 4152
17:48 nengard oo - okay will try again
17:49 nicomo left #koha
17:49 gmcharlt the fix may or may not be relevant to the specific use case you reported (CSV import)
17:50 collum joined #koha
17:50 nengard gmcharlt, it fixed it with everything but the csv import ...
17:51 nengard but it might be my file, so i'll try another file
17:53 * nengard lunching
17:53 paul_p2 left #koha
17:56 wizzyrea oh, I like the layout changes to the inventory tool
17:56 rhcl joined #koha
18:01 wizzyrea gmcharlt: did this patch get in?
18:01 wizzyrea[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3419
18:01 wizzyrea or it didn't fix it or...
18:02 * wizzyrea is trying desperately to stomp :P
18:02 gmcharlt not in yet
18:02 wizzyrea k
18:11 danielg joined #koha
18:13 ccatalfo joined #koha
18:14 gmcharlt hi ccatalfo
18:15 ccatalfo hey gmcharlt. Just dropping by to watch while i'll do other work.  If I have time i'll be on later tonight and might be able to contribute something then.
18:16 gmcharlt cool
18:17 nengard hi ccatalfo!!!
18:17 ccatalfo hey nengard!
18:17 * ccatalfo can't remember the last time i was on #koha. *sigh*
18:18 nengard munin probably knows :)
18:18 munin nengard: Error: "probably" is not a valid command.
18:18 nengard but i don't know the right command :) hehe
18:18 chris_n howdy ccatalfo
18:19 ccatalfo hey there chris_n
18:32 indradg joined #koha
18:33 Colin left #koha
18:37 gmcharlt nengard: pushed followup for 4152
18:37 nengard thanks gmcharlt - will test as soon as i finish the help files i'm adding now :)
18:38 chris_n owen about?
18:38 owen Yes
18:39 chris_n maxreserves is in the current sysprefs.sql
18:39 chris_n[…]493bc;hb=HEAD#l64
18:41 owen chris_n: But it's getting removed in Which one wins?
18:41 Colin joined #koha
18:41 chris_n I think we need to add a db update to add it back
18:42 chris_n but hdl_laptop would be the one to know if other code was changed rending it useless
18:43 laurence left #koha
18:45 gmcharlt the intention is for maxreserves the syspref to go away
18:46 gmcharlt it moves down to the circ matrix level as the issuingrules.reservesallowed column
18:47 chris_n gmcharlt: so does that render bug 4045 invalid?
18:47 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4045 critical, P5, ---,, ASSIGNED, No check for maximum number of allowed holds.
18:47 owen That's what bug 4045 is all about
18:47 owen The circ matrix lets the librarian define limits there, but those limits are not checked anywhere in the Koha code.
18:48 gmcharlt the ideal fix would be to have the remaining invocations of the old maxreserves syspref
18:48 chris_n hdl_laptop told me the other day that work they were doing would address 4045
18:48 chris_n but not in 3.2
18:48 gmcharlt check the appropriate issuingrules.reservesallowed values
18:48 fredericd gmcharlt: I begin to have something to allow preferences text translation
18:48 gmcharlt fredericd++
18:48 fredericd I will do partial french translation afetr dining, and send a patch
18:49 fredericd it's pure insanity
18:49 owen left #koha
18:49 chris_n gmcharlt: I'll do that then
18:51 gmcharlt chris_n: thanks
18:52 gmcharlt chris_n: although as is too often the case, there is a pushing on a string aspect to it
18:53 gmcharlt as the semantics of issuingrules is category/itemtype/branchcode
18:54 gmcharlt and one could envision want category-only limits, or branch-only limits, etc.
18:54 owen joined #koha
18:54 paul_p2 joined #koha
18:54 paul_p2 left #koha
18:55 tomas left #koha
18:55 chris_n gmcharlt: to digress a bit: it also seems to me that all hard coded defaults should be transformed to sysprefs
18:56 gmcharlt ultimately, yes,
18:59 brendan left #koha
19:04 * chris_n finds it interesting that owen has an alter-ego today :-)
19:05 owen That's the me that is staying home because the weather is too bad to go out.
19:05 owen Hence, he's not contributing any work.
19:05 tirabo joined #koha
19:07 chris_n hehe
19:08 Colin left #koha
19:08 owen In fact he's probably watching stuff on the DVR and deleting it before I get a chance to watch.
19:09 nengard :)
19:12 chris gmcharlt: bug 3797
19:12 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3797 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---,, NEW, The opac 404 page is sent with 200 headers
19:12 schuster In reality it is probably his child on the computer while dad is tied up in a chair forced to watch Disney channel - wait maybe not forced...  It's pretty cute.
19:12 chris did the patch for this get lost?
19:12 chris_n hey chris
19:12 chris (the fact it sends 200's not 404's makes google et al beat the hell out of the opac when it doesnt need to)
19:12 chris heya chris_n
19:13 * chris_n finds it interesting that someone with a Ph.D. cannot unsubscribe from the list
19:13 brendan joined #koha
19:14 chris and writes in huge red letters
19:14 chris that almost makes me want to subscribe them to more lists instead
19:14 * chris fights the urge and removes them
19:14 chris_n hehe
19:15 jwagner I used to work in a medical library.  The more letters someone has after their name, the less their actual real-world skills.  Or so it seemed....
19:15 chris heh, they arent even subscribed from that email address
19:15 nengard chris i was going to reply - Remove yourself!
19:15 nengard but I was a good girl
19:15 chris they already did
19:15 chris dorks
19:24 jwagner left #koha
19:30 chris_n owen:[…]2ead9cf376b90d570
19:30 chris_n re keyword to MARC mapping
19:30 jwagner joined #koha
19:30 chris thanks for pushing those patches galen
19:30 * chris will test and close
19:30 gmcharlt thx
19:33 chris yep, all nice and 404'y now
19:34 owen I wonder if this keyword-to-MARC-mapping is only enabled for subtitles so far
19:37 gmcharlt it's supposed to more general than that
19:38 owen Given the construction in the template, I'm assuming it has to be set up on a case by case basis: <!-- TMPL_LOOP NAME="subtitle" --> <!-- TMPL_VAR NAME="subfield" --><!-- /TMPL_LOOP -->
19:39 gmcharlt nengard: an idea popped in my head - should we call some sort of documentation day where developments are supposed to be in channel so tha tyou can bug them for documentation?
19:39 nengard I WOULD LOVE THAT!!!
19:40 chris nengard: can you check my update to bug 2918 please?
19:40 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2918 critical, P3, ---,, NEW, No Place Hold Button if AllowHoldPolicyOverride OFF
19:40 owen So far only references to "GetRecordValue('subtitle',...)" in the code
19:41 * chris_n wonders if the fine charging interval will work correctly if I enter 0.041666667?
19:42 chris_n which equals one hour
19:43 chris_n nope... INT
19:44 wizzyrea did bug 3655 ever get pushed?
19:44 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3655 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---,, ASSIGNED, Opac and News
19:44 wizzyrea there appears to be a patch
19:49 chris ohhh sweet
19:49 chris po files for sysprefs
19:50 gmcharlt wizzyrea: patch for 3655 is in HEAD
19:50 richard joined #koha
19:50 richard hi
19:50 chris hi richard
19:50 richard hi chris
19:51 wizzyrea sweet (just looking through all open bugs for 1. one that I could fix and 2. ones that are still open that could be closed (can I close them or does the submitter have to do it?)
19:51 chris if you can test and confirm its fixed you can close
19:51 nengard_ joined #koha
19:51 wizzyrea kool
19:51 nengard_ oh boy - lost power -
19:51 gmcharlt yep - submitter closing is the ideal
19:51 nengard_ if I log off again - you know why
19:52 gmcharlt but if a decent interval has passed, feel free to close after testing
19:52 nengard left #koha
19:52 wizzyrea k
19:55 gmcharlt chris: time to try an en-NZ syspref translation - good way of testing fredericd 's mechanism
19:55 chris yep could do
19:56 chris ill apply the patches and give it a whirl
20:01 chris sweet it makes the .po file just fine
20:01 chris lemme translate it and apply that
20:02 wizzyrea owen: about?
20:03 owen Yes
20:03 wizzyrea
20:03 wizzyrea it's not like, dire :/
20:05 * owen runs off to file a blocker bug
20:06 gmcharlt better do that - we'll kill the design pedants, kill them dead, if we let that stay in!
20:07 wizzyrea don't hit me
20:07 wizzyrea >.<
20:07 gmcharlt :)
20:07 wizzyrea :)
20:08 jwagner And I had one site that insisted on renaming Library Catalog to Keyword in that dropdown box....
20:08 schuster some webmistress' are just so darn picky...
20:08 jwagner Yep.  I feel that pickiness should be MY exclusive right!
20:09 owen wizzyrea: has three pixels of padding there. Shall we do four just to prove we're better?
20:09 * jwagner goes WOW -- major wind blast and lots of snow blowing around. Couldn't see the garage there for a minute.
20:09 schuster Looking at the git instructions I have a question.  So I have added the "Othername" feature to my 3.2 box.  I should be able to git commit right? or can I get a quick tutorial
20:10 gmcharlt btw, it'll be another 3-4 hours before I'm pushing patches to HEAD, but I'll try to get everything submitted today (that works!) pushed by the end of th enight
20:10 * chris_n likes wissyrea's cool arrows and text balloons
20:10 jwagner wissyrea???
20:11 jwagner Has she lost her zing?
20:11 schuster or should I drive nengard_ crazy and ask her directly for assistance ;)
20:11 owen chris_n: wizzyrea shelled out the extra money for NitPick Pro
20:11 chris_n wizzyrea even :-)
20:12 gmcharlt schuster: git add circ/ (and any other files you changed)
20:12 gmcharlt then git commit
20:12 chris_n or git commit -a
20:13 nengard_ huh? what? what's going on? I was on the phone
20:13 braedon|work joined #koha
20:13 nengard_ left #koha
20:13 wizzyrea oh man... i've made him mad now
20:14 * chris_n quickly hides the virtual snacks
20:14 * braedon|work tries to find the virtual snacks, but fails
20:15 braedon|work hmm, no pianohacker
20:15 braedon|work still hiding from my hug
20:15 schuster then how does it get linked to  Bug 2930 ?
20:15 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2930 enhancement, P3, ---,, NEW, Put other name on CKO screen
20:15 gmcharlt schuster: two ways
20:15 owen It might be too early braedon|work
20:15 gmcharlt 1st, when you are asked to enter the commit message, format it something like this:
20:16 chris what the heck
20:16 gmcharlt first line: Bug 2930: add the other name to the CKO screen
20:16 gmcharlt second line: blank
20:16 braedon|work owen: what timezone is he in?
20:16 gmcharlt third and subsequent lines: longer descriptoin of patch
20:16 chris ahh found it
20:16 chris_n longer descriptoin of patch++
20:16 gmcharlt 2nd part - after you create the patch file (using git format-patch origin)
20:16 owen braedon|work: US/Mountain I think, but he usually doesn't come in until his afternoon
20:16 gmcharlt send it to
20:17 gmcharlt and also attach the patch to the bug
20:17 chris gmcharlt: found a bug in sysprefs, i cant change my language
20:17 chris but frederics patch works a treat if you get in the db and change the language by hand
20:17 gmcharlt en-US is good enough for the whole world! </bad_usian>
20:18 chris there is a checkbox, changes to it don't stick tho
20:18 chris ill file a bug and attempt to fix it
20:18 gmcharlt cool
20:18 wizzyrea chris: dumb question (i hit this earlier) JSON is installed right?
20:19 chris yep
20:19 chris everything else works
20:19 chris ie i can change other sys prefs
20:20 wizzyrea i figured you wouldn't be such a nub as to have that problem, but had to ask
20:20 wizzyrea :)
20:21 schuster Last question - not sure I'll be able to do this from work but...  when I do -- git addcirc/ circulation.tmpl
20:22 schuster There are 2 files that's all I have to do for those 2 items to be bundled in the patch?
20:22 gmcharlt fredericd: please check email - small license issue with pref-trans - why is it Perl instead of GPL2+ ?
20:22 gmcharlt schuster: yep - git add file1 file2 , etc.
20:23 chris seems to be a bug with any syspref controlled by a checkbox
20:24 schuster Thanks - I've made notes...  I also have a file for that works really cool
20:25 wizzyrea schuster have you seen[…]lopment:git_usage
20:28 schuster yes I have it printed out but after the "do some work" section it only talks about if you want to submit everything you have modified.
20:28 schuster I have specific files I want to send seperate so they can get attached to the bugs.
20:29 schuster so after I have done the git add - only those 2 files will be in my commit or will the things prior be in the commit as well?
20:30 gmcharlt only those two
20:30 schuster ok cool.
20:30 gmcharlt git status will show you what's staged to be committed
20:32 schuster neat.
20:39 * gmcharlt is pleased with bug-squashing so far - the number of blockers has in fact gone down
20:39 * jwagner wishes I could contribute something besides snark :-(
20:41 richard left #koha
20:42 owen gmcharlt, I just sent a patch for Bug 2970. Please check it carefully since it's my first try at a database revision.
20:42 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2970 enhancement, P3, ---,, NEW, Create a permission for modifying holds priority
20:42 wizzyrea 2970=win
20:43 wizzyrea if that's fixed, I will be so excited
20:43 owen I hope my patch does the trick
20:43 fredericd gmcharlt: no reason. It's just a cut and past... I will resubmit.
20:43 gmcharlt fredericd: thanks
20:43 fredericd I can see a bug in the pref editor itself with DefaultClassificationSource preference
20:44 chris there are a few litte bugs in it
20:44 chris im sure jesse can stomp them pretty fast though
20:45 gmcharlt though he's been away the past few days
20:45 chris yup
20:45 fredericd I fill a bug for this little bug. What's jess's email?
20:46 chris[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4155 its on there
20:46 munin Bug 4155: blocker, P1, ---,, NEW, Can't change the language of the staff client in system preferences
20:47 gmcharlt owen: re 2970, need to update installer/data/mysql/en/mandatory/userpermissions.sql (and its kin) as well with the new permissions
20:47 owen Okay.  Kin?
20:48 chris fr/mandatory et al
20:48 gmcharlt yep
20:48 chris just do it in english
20:48 chris and someone will translate it for you
20:48 chris or you can ask on koha-translate
20:49 chris you will need english, french, ukranian, russian and i think polish :)
20:49 gmcharlt another thing that needs a translation mechanism :)
20:49 chris id just do them in english then mail the koha-translate list and say, there are some new strings that need to be translated
20:49 chris for now
20:50 chris yup
20:50 owen ...but copy the English strings into the other lang files?
20:50 richard joined #koha
20:50 gmcharlt yep
20:50 chris yup
20:50 owen Okay. I'll do that and resubmit.
20:51 gmcharlt if they're awake, hdl_laptop are pretty quick to supply french in-channel
20:51 gmcharlt and I see that ebegin is around
20:51 gmcharlt but it needn't hold up the patch
20:51 ebegin i'm here :)
20:52 ebegin what has to be translated?
20:53 Jo joined #koha
20:53 owen ebegin: Some new permissions
20:53 jwagner left #koha
20:54 owen "Place holds for patrons" "Modify holds priority" "Place and modify holds for patrons"
20:55 Jo Chris C not around by the looks of this
20:55 chris ?
20:57 ebegin owen: "Réserver pour des adhérents" "Modifier la priorité des réservations" "Ajout et modifications des réservations des adhérents"
20:57 owen Thanks ebegin!
20:57 gmcharlt owen: do you see the diacritics?
20:57 chris Jo: im here
20:57 ebegin owen, unfortunatly, i don't speak ukranian, russian or polish :)
20:57 owen gmcharlt: Yes
20:58 gmcharlt k, just checking :)
20:58 ebegin gmcharlt, good point :)
20:59 owen Lots of granular permissions not translated yet in fr-FR
20:59 chris might wanna file a bug for that
20:59 chris or email the translate list
20:59 Jo hola Chris
20:59 Jo couldn't see you on the list
20:59 * owen took enough French in high school to know to look for the diacritics but not enough to actually translate
21:00 ebegin owen, this is good for both fr-FR and fr-CA
21:00 owen No fr-CA in /installer/data/mysql/, I'm not sure why only certain languages are
21:02 chris because people have translated them
21:02 chris only the ones that people have sent patches for are there
21:04 liz-nekls joined #koha
21:04 * gmcharlt welcomes wizzyrea 's clone
21:04 liz-nekls hi again
21:04 Jo hi Liz
21:04 liz-nekls is now known as wizzyre_laptop
21:04 wizzyre_laptop man what a day >.<
21:04 wizzyre_laptop hi jo :)
21:05 ccatalfo left #koha
21:05 biglego left #koha
21:10 chris_n bbl
21:12 * braedon|work is compiling Koha on a local VM - it is making his computer REALLY laggy :(
21:14 * braedon|work thinks hyperthreading is useless :P
21:15 gmcharlt alas, hyperthreading helps I/O bound processes ... not at all :)
21:16 braedon|work yeah
21:16 braedon|work give me more real cores!
21:17 wizzyre_laptop hm, my mac handles hard VM tasks just fine
21:17 jransom joined #koha
21:17 braedon|work i don't know how i lived without multicore cpus
21:17 braedon|work this is a p4 pc
21:17 collum left #koha
21:17 braedon|work not the best
21:19 braedon|work fine at home on my phenom II x4 955 :)
21:20 braedon|work seriously considered taking it to work a few times
21:22 braedon|work so.. how is the bug squashing going all? does someone have a counter or something?
21:22 owen left #koha
21:23 gmcharlt @later tell chris_n regarding patch for 4102 - did you run it through perltidy?  if so, I'd prefer that whitespace-only patches be separate from ones that change functionality or fix bugs
21:23 munin gmcharlt: The operation succeeded.
21:33 tirabo left #koha
21:40 hdl_laptop joined #koha
21:53 schuster gmcharlt - just sent my patch for Othername on cko - let me know if you get it.  Now I will go and attempt to attach it to bugzilla.
21:54 schuster well looks like that will be a tomorrow job.  I'll also edit and send the - tomorrow.  How exciting!!!
21:58 schuster left #koha
22:04 sekjal left #koha
22:11 chris_n gmcharlt: I'll resubmit tomorrow
22:12 gmcharlt chris_n: thanks
22:12 * chris_n has vim automatically remove whitespaces on save
22:15 brendan ah finally got a little bit of time free  (will do a little log reading - then some bug squashing)
22:17 brendan @wunder 93117
22:17 munin brendan: The current temperature in Northwest Goleta, Goleta, California is 16.8�C (2:12 PM PST on February 10, 2010). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 54%. Dew Point: 7.0�C. Pressure: 29.97 in 1014.8 hPa (Falling).
22:17 brendan chris ? can you beat me :)
22:17 chris doubt it, its raining today
22:18 chris @wunder wellington nz
22:18 munin chris: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 17.0�C (11:00 AM NZDT on February 11, 2010). Conditions: Drizzle. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 16.0�C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
22:18 brendan oooh barely...
22:18 brendan :)
22:19 chilts our lovely summer :)
22:19 Jo pooring down here to
22:20 brendan you should all come here --> absolutely amazing outside
22:21 Jo left #koha
22:21 Jo joined #koha
22:24 danielg left #koha
22:25 chris_n @wunder 28334
22:25 munin chris_n: The current temperature in Erwin, North Carolina is 2.0�C (5:01 PM EST on February 10, 2010). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 30%. Dew Point: -14.0�C. Windchill: -3.0�C. Pressure: 29.64 in 1004 hPa (Rising). High Wind Warning in effect until 9 PM EST this evening...
22:29 magnus_away @wunder bodo, norway
22:29 munin magnus_away: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is -4.0�C (10:50 PM CET on February 10, 2010). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: -5.0�C. Windchill: -11.0�C. Pressure: 29.77 in 1008 hPa (Steady).
22:34 braedon|work @wunder tauranga nz
22:34 munin braedon|work: The current temperature in Tauranga Aerodrome Aws, New Zealand is 23.0�C (10:00 AM NZDT on February 11, 2010). Conditions: . Humidity: 60%. Dew Point: 17.0�C. Pressure: 30.02 in 1016 hPa (Rising).
22:36 magnus_away left #koha
22:56 imp @wunder hannover de
22:56 munin imp: Error: No such location could be found.
22:56 imp @wunder hannover germany
22:56 munin imp: The current temperature in Hannover, Germany is -5.0�C (11:20 PM CET on February 10, 2010). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 86%. Dew Point: -7.0�C. Windchill: -10.0�C. Pressure: 29.92 in 1013 hPa (Steady).
22:56 imp hmm, something is wrong, norway is a little bit warmer ;)
23:00 Nate left #koha
23:13 * gmcharlt just realized that we forgot to hold the vote for Translation Manager :)
23:13 brendan +1
23:13 chris heh
23:13 chris whoops
23:14 brendan well can't we hold it now?
23:14 brendan I think there is only one person who's up for it
23:15 brendan I'll offer my services as a backup if needed :)
23:15 gmcharlt yeah, frederic is the sole candiate now
23:15 gmcharlt cool
23:15 * brendan second's frederic
23:16 gmcharlt +1
23:16 brendan +1
23:16 brendan heh
23:16 gmcharlt I'll send an email to the lists about this, and if anybody feels a strong desire to -1, they can do so via email
23:16 collum_ joined #koha
23:16 brendan I think that takes it :)
23:16 brendan sounds good to me
23:19 brendan gmcharlt -> that felt like one of those nextel commercials; the ones where "what if the fire-department ran court"
23:19 brendan "what if the fire-department ran koha"
23:20 chris_n +1 # for frederic
23:21 collum_ +1 for frederic
23:21 hdl_laptop +1
23:24 gmcharlt ok, email sent
23:32 rage_ joined #koha
23:32 rage_ left #koha
23:39 rhcl is now known as rhcl_away
23:40 chris_n bbl
23:59 masonj_ left #koha
23:59 masonj joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary