IRC log for #koha, 2010-02-09

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:08 chris ah chris_n ... you will never escape from the spine lables
00:10 * chris_n looks
00:11 * chris_n never likes to take credit for another person's work
00:12 chris :)
00:12 chris_n hmmm... kyle did the quick spine label
00:12 chris ahh might like to reply and say that
00:13 chris poor daniel, i suspect he is pretty much screwed
00:13 * chris_n crafts a response...
00:15 masonj i recall a one-line regex to remove those blank lines..
00:18 chris i love dh-make-perl --cpan
00:27 Dubz joined #koha
00:28 owen-away joined #koha
00:29 Dubz left #koha
00:29 owen-away Did I hear that correctly? LibLime is refusing to provide support for a LEK feature?
00:29 owen-away is now known as owen
00:29 brendan fly-by owen
00:30 chris you heard correctly
00:30 chris they phrased it unable ... but it realy means unwilling
00:31 owen How could they even justify "unable?!"
00:31 chris cos they have no developers?
00:32 chris there really are 2 options
00:32 chris 1/ they dont have the skills to provide support they are paid to provide
00:33 chris 2/ they dont have the desire to provide support they are paid to provide
00:33 chris both suck
00:33 CGI008 joined #koha
00:34 owen I'm surprised they would even come out and say, "you know, we're just not going to support that feature."
00:34 owen What a big "screw you"
00:34 chris thats their standard line for anything not written in house
00:34 * owen is astonished how far things have come
00:34 chris yeah its pretty mind boggling
00:34 brendan *nods*
00:37 owen These folks coming to the Koha list, whether they're LEK or Koha Express, how can any solution offered by the list even be of use to them? They don't have the power to apply any fixes.
00:37 chris yeah thats the hard part, there isnt anything we can do
00:38 brendan except tell them that is fixed and he's the code
00:38 chris yeah
00:38 brendan s/he's/here's
00:39 owen In the end offering the solution helps us more (in good will) than it helps them (practically speaking)
00:39 chris *nod*
00:39 brendan ditto
00:40 * chris_n goes away to cool off for a bit
00:40 brendan hoping that those who find the fix are able to take the next step... whatever that is
00:43 rhcl left #koha
00:44 nengard joined #koha
00:44 nengard chris_n++
00:44 nengard you rock!!!
00:44 brendan hiya nengard
00:46 CGI008 Hi all new to Koha /wave
00:46 chris hi CGI008
00:46 brendan hi CGI008
00:47 CGI008 May I ask a question ; )
00:47 chris yep
00:47 brendan :)
00:47 CGI008 Does Koha have users and group permissions?
00:47 chris has user permissions
00:48 CGI008 As in a way to hide the Delete funtion I keep seeing all over the place
00:48 * imp still wonders if he should fill a bugreport for this or not ->
00:48 owen CGI008: Delete bibliographic records?
00:48 brendan for your reference CGI008 --> here's a link to a manual for koha -->[…]ation/3-2-manual/
00:49 chris yes if you log in as a user without the cataloguing permission you cant delete bibliographic material
00:51 CGI008 How would you set that type of permission, on a user account?
00:51 chris its all in that manual :)
00:51 chris 2 secs
00:52 brendan[…]-manual/?ch=x5118
00:52 CGI008 Ok sorry Noob here /bow
00:52 chris[…]-manual/?ch=x5118
00:52 chris ahh beat me ;)
00:52 chris no worries, we dont have a good search yet, when we do, finding things like that will be easier in the manual
00:53 brendan this is the best place for noob's
00:53 brendan faster than email - especially when chris is around
00:54 CGI008 Thank you both, Chris and Brendan : )
00:57 CGI008 Whats the best time to login here?
01:01 owen Almost any time of day, but US business hours cover the end of Europe's day and the beginning of New Zealand's.
01:01 imp CGI008: this channel is really international, so it doesn't matter that much ;)
01:01 owen That gives you a good chance of catching somebody
01:07 andy joined #koha
01:07 andy is now known as chilts
01:07 user77 joined #koha
01:08 chris nice email owen
01:09 owen Thanks.
01:10 chris[…]M&feature=related  <-- chill out music
01:10 * owen goes back to IRL
01:11 owen left #koha
01:17 brendan left #koha
01:25 brendan joined #koha
01:28 braedon|home left #koha
01:29 braedon|home joined #koha
01:36 nengard left #koha
01:59 schuster_home joined #koha
02:01 schuster_home problem continues...  I'm still having problems getting PDF::API2::Simple to work I keep getting an error
02:01 schuster_home won't make running test
02:05 CGI008 left #koha
02:08 chris_n schuster_home: what are the errors the tests throw?
02:09 user77 is now known as rhcl_sleeps
02:10 schuster_home
02:11 chris_n hmm... nothing there?
02:12 schuster_home - sorry I always mess that up
02:12 chris_n try this
02:12 chris_n cd /root/.cpan/build/PDF-API2-Simple-1.1.4-GmvWkM
02:13 schuster_home I tried to download the file and extract it, but it won't extract from the download.
02:13 chris_n then 'make test'
02:13 schuster_home ok
02:13 schuster_home make: *** No rule to make target `test'.  Stop.
02:13 masonj doesnt install for me either, on lenny..
02:13 chris_n ok
02:13 schuster_home that's what I have...
02:14 chris_n 'perl Makefile.PL'
02:14 chris_n then 'make'
02:14 chris_n then 'make test'
02:14 schuster_home Can't locate inc/Module/ in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at Makefile.PL line 1. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 1.
02:15 chris_n wierdness indeed
02:15 schuster_home masonj - thanks for making me feel not so stupid!
02:16 chris_n well, you can 'cd ~' and then try 'cpan Module::Install'
02:16 masonj w00t, success ;)
02:17 masonj i had to do a ' 'cpan Module::Install' too...
02:17 * chris_n thought Module::Install was core...
02:18 masonj
02:18 masonj yeah, pass
02:19 masonj and this too ' cpan  Archive::Tar '
02:19 schuster_home ok will try anything once or twice... ;)
02:20 masonj then,   rm -rf /var/spool/cpan/build/PDF-API2-Simple*
02:20 masonj then,   cpan  PDF::API2::Simple
02:20 chris_n could it be that your cpan was not setup to auto follow deps?
02:22 masonj my box prompts for deps, and wasnt fetching  Module::Install
02:22 masonj i had to get it manually, not sure why
02:24 chris_n it turns out that Module::Install is not core, but I don't remember having to fetch it before
02:27 masonj yep, me too :)
02:28 masonj yet cpan kinda assumes it should be installed by default
02:29 masonj and doesnt fetch it as a dep
02:29 masonj which is a bit of a fail, i guess
02:30 schuster_home running an OLD laptop so things are a bit slower here...  thanks for the clues.
03:04 chris_n g'night #koha
03:04 chris cya chris_n
03:36 schuster_home Brendan - read an article from Amy Terlaga today in Computers in Libraries - your name/company was mentioned several times...
03:39 braedon|work left #koha
03:44 Amit joined #koha
03:44 Amit heya brendan
03:57 brendan hi amit
03:57 brendan hey schuster_home thanks - yeah that was a nice article by Amy
04:07 schuster_home Thanks again chris_n and masonj - I believe I will have a working copy of 3.2 to play with in the next day!!  If the work gods don't get in the way.
04:08 masonj always as pleasure david ;)
04:10 masonj s/as/a/
04:14 braedon|work joined #koha
04:21 Genji joined #koha
04:21 braedon|work left #koha
04:22 Genji hiya all. is there a way to do two zebra queries, and combine the results, then pass it to the results display system, so the offet works correctly?
04:32 Amit heya mason, genji
04:33 Genji hey Amit.. you have any idea?
04:34 Amit Genji: i can't get u ur question
04:35 Genji is there a way to do two zebra queries, and combine the results, then pass it to the results display system, so the offet works correctly? i notice getRecords can get more than one search done, but it shoves the results into seperate rows of the results array.
04:36 Genji i want to run two zebra queries, and have them both shoved into the same results.
05:20 shamas joined #koha
05:21 Jo left #koha
05:30 CGI836 joined #koha
05:33 shamas left #koha
05:37 Genji left #koha
05:39 CGI836 left #koha
05:41 anon42 joined #koha
07:38 logbot_backup joined #koha
07:38 Topic for #koha is now Discussion channel for the Koha ILS | Next general IRC meeting at 11:00 UTC on 9 Feb 2010
07:38 Ropuch And I need to carry them inside
07:38 Ropuch @wunder Worclaw
07:38 munin Ropuch: Error: No such location could be found.
07:38 Ropuch @wunder Wroclaw
07:38 munin Ropuch: The current temperature in Wroclaw, Poland is -9.0�C (8:00 AM CET on February 09, 2010). Conditions: Light Snow. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: -10.0�C. Windchill: -12.0�C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Rising).
07:38 kf we have software training all day, will not be here for the meeting :(
07:38 Ropuch And it's no time in this temperature
07:40 Ropuch I mean: no fun ;>
07:40 nicomo joined #koha
07:41 imp at least interesting books?
07:44 laurence joined #koha
07:47 Ropuch imp: Yup, DAAD bought them for us
07:47 kf :)
07:48 Ropuch Big money, but after aquiring 6k of Jochimsen's books I'm not really sure if I have place for them ;>
07:49 Ropuch I don'rt really want to think when i manage to catalog them all, as I'm alone here
07:49 Ropuch boogie: go conquer youtube, we don't care
07:49 boogie they wont let me put that on youtube
07:51 Ropuch OK, see you all at the meeting
07:51 imp cya
07:52 paul_p left #koha
07:53 francharb joined #koha
07:53 boogie what times this meeting?
07:54 Ropuch Your computer class should end by then
07:54 Kivutar joined #koha
08:00 boogie left #koha
08:00 imp \o/
08:00 chris and thats the last of them for now
08:01 imp hope they don't come back...
08:01 chris yeah, i wish we had access to, i would remove that cgi-irc script
08:02 chris i think they should be blocked now
08:02 si two hours till meeting?
08:02 si just running apt updates on the irc server
08:02 si it might restart on us
08:02 imp think it's 3h ahead, or?
08:03 chris yeah 3 hours
08:03 CGI322 joined #koha
08:03 si ahh, midnight NZDT
08:03 si three hours then
08:03 chris (That cgi is me, have no fear)
08:03 imp puhhh
08:03 imp :D
08:04 logbot_backup joined #koha
08:04 rach joined #koha
08:04 masonj joined #koha
08:04 nahuel joined #koha
08:04 Amit joined #koha
08:04 si joined #koha
08:04 matts joined #koha
08:04 richard joined #koha
08:04 braedon|home joined #koha
08:04 kf joined #koha
08:04 laurence joined #koha
08:04 pastebot joined #koha
08:04 wizzyrea joined #koha
08:04 greenmang0 joined #koha
08:04 moodaepo joined #koha
08:05 Kivutar joined #koha
08:05 si well
08:05 hdl_laptop joined #koha
08:05 francharb joined #koha
08:05 si that was predictable
08:05 chris joined #koha
08:05 si chris: somebody should have ops now :-)
08:05 slef joined #koha
08:05 thd-away joined #koha
08:06 chris yep genji does
08:06 chris_n joined #koha
08:06 CGI322 joined #koha
08:06 CGI322 left #koha
08:06 Genji wow.. i have the power!
08:06 munin joined #koha
08:07 chris thanks :)
08:07 Genji Can i keep the power?
08:07 chris sure can
08:07 Genji Cool.
08:07 chris more ppl that have it, less likely we are to end up with no one having it
08:07 Genji okay, nows a good time to ask an esoteric question?
08:08 chris go for it
08:08 chilts joined #koha
08:08 SelfishMan joined #koha
08:08 fallor joined #koha
08:08 fredericd joined #koha
08:08 Ropuch joined #koha
08:08 saorge joined #koha
08:09 imp joined #koha
08:09 Genji i want to run two zebra queries, and have them both shoved into the same results arrayhash. the current implementation of getRecords can do seperate server iterations, doing more than  one search at a time. but  it  puts each resultset in its own element of the resultarray hash. i want the two zebra queries combined into one resultshash, so the ofsetting subroutine can offset correctly.
08:10 chris yeah, you are gonna have to write some code to combine those 2
08:11 chris or, use pazpar2
08:11 masonj Genji: fyi cgi::irc encodes your IP address in its user-string, so its not really anonymous
08:12 si righto, can somebody test that CGI now
08:12 si should be blocked at the iptables level now
08:12 * chris tries
08:12 si actually, no it won't
08:12 * si slaps forehead
08:12 si test it anyway, it'll be a good baseline
08:13 chris yeah, connected to the server, the ban stopped it joining the channel
08:13 Genji i figure im going to have to, but what values in the hash are independant of the actual results, that i have to account for the combining process? 'hits' is one correct?
08:13 chris Genji: checkout pazGetRecords
08:13 Genji is there any other?
08:13 chris in
08:14 chris *** - Welcome to
08:14 chris *** End of /MOTD command.
08:14 chris *** #koha Cannot join channel (+b)
08:14 si yup
08:14 si I'd added a rule to allow irc
08:14 si but not one to block from that IP
08:14 si try it now
08:14 chris righto
08:14 chris yeah that got it
08:15 chris sweet thanks si
08:15 si no problemo
08:15 si have a good meeting, all
08:15 chris ta
08:15 Genji chris: is 'hits' the only value outside of the actual result set?
08:15 magnus joined #koha
08:16 chris no idea, ive never actually used it
08:16 Genji hmm.. never dug into the workings of getRecords?
08:16 chris only enough to want to burn it and rewrite it
08:17 Genji hha
08:17 chris (which we will do for 3.4)
08:17 Genji haha.. fantastic.
08:18 Genji hmm.. how come we don't have a bot inside #koha that will keep the ops, if all the current ops leave, or become inactive/
08:18 Genji ?
08:18 imp just don't leave ;)
08:18 russ joined #koha
08:19 chris Genji: invariably the bot falls off too
08:19 * Genji hrms.... "think i'll set up a ncurses irc client on my work devel box.. and shove it in a screen process.. yup.. that'll work.
08:19 chris the trick is just to have enough ppl in different parts of the world so that they dont all fall off at the same time :)
08:20 Genji how is it that we don't have an op bot intergrated serverside?
08:20 chris cos thats a pita
08:20 Genji pita?
08:20 chris pain in the a
08:21 Genji ah.
08:21 imp maybe someone can restore the topic? :)
08:21 chris the only time we ever get trouble is from lame kids using the cgi-irc script
08:21 Genji ya.. sure..
08:21 chris which is now blocked at ip level
08:21 chris so we should be ok again
08:21 Topic for #koha is now Discussion channel for the Koha ILS | Next general IRC meeting at 11:00 UTC on 9 Feb 2010
08:22 imp :)
08:22 Genji yay! my name at the top of the channel, when anyone comes in.
08:22 chris heh
08:23 Genji okay, back soon. coffee...
08:23 imp nope, chris is the first here ;)
08:23 nod_ joined #koha
08:25 chris when you join you will see the topic and it will say "set by Genji"
08:27 imp thought about the /names ;)
08:40 Genji so.. im doing something so.. esoteric, that its unlikely anyone knows how to do it?
08:41 chris no one has tried to do it before
08:41 paul_p joined #koha
08:41 chris but the way to do it is by using pazpar2
08:42 chris which is a federated search tool (ie to be used to search multiple targets)
08:42 Genji and then it can be handed to for ofsetting?
08:43 chris yep
08:43 Genji hmmmmm...
08:44 * rach just realises she missed a meeting today - sorry chris
08:44 chris pazpar2 can do things like remove duplicates, and relevance rank etc
08:44 chris nope wasnt today rach
08:44 Genji hey rach!
08:44 chris its next week :)
08:44 rach ah well that's alright then :-)
08:44 Genji good seeing you alive!
08:44 bigbrovar joined #koha
08:44 chris midnight tonight is a general irc meeting, but next tuesday morning is the kohacon one
08:45 rach not dead yet - just feel like it some mornings :-)
08:45 Genji well. with a meeting at midnight, who wouldnt...
08:45 richard left #koha
08:47 rach my baby has stoped her very civil 5 hrs sleep, feed, 5 hrs sleep routine
08:47 rach and gone back to waking every 3-4 hours which is much less civil
08:47 rach and sometimes is awake for 1.5-2 hrs @ about 3am
08:48 * rach could probably make a meeting then :-)
08:48 rach so I tend to be a bit dozy in the mornings
08:48 Genji oh... congrats.. i think...
08:50 rach :-)
08:50 Amit heya rach
08:51 rach howdy
08:51 Genji pazGetRecords uses zebra?
08:52 hdl_laptop pazpar2
08:52 chris nope uses pazpar2
08:52 Genji pazpar2 uses zebra?
08:54 chris pazpar2 uses pazpar2
08:55 chris
08:55 Genji how does pazpar2 get the koha data?
08:56 chris you tell it what targets to search
08:57 Genji ahh .. connects to zebra via z39.50.
08:57 * rach heads off to work on her sleep dep problem
09:01 thd-away is now known as thd
09:03 Genji hey, i havent received a message since saturday, on koha-devel... has anyone else?
09:07 chris none in the archives
09:36 Colin joined #koha
09:39 Amit_G joined #koha
09:45 Amit left #koha
09:55 greenmang0 left #koha
10:05 davi joined #koha
10:14 Genji 50 minutes..
10:23 imp Can't call method "fields" on an undefined value at /root/koha/C4/ line 2026.
10:23 imp (latest git)
10:24 imp tried to add a new marc record
10:24 imp hmm
10:25 imp strange, went back to the page with all the fields, clicked save again and now i got: Can't call method "as_usmarc" on an undefined value at /root/koha/C4/ line 2367.
10:36 saorge_ joined #koha
10:36 saorge left #koha
10:39 munin left #koha
10:39 munin joined #koha
10:56 jwagner joined #koha
11:04 owen joined #koha
11:04 pmlozeau joined #koha
11:04 nengard joined #koha
11:04 hdl_laptop imp when you have a bad MARC in your search results, it braks the page.
11:04 Amit_G hi nengard, jwagner
11:05 jwagner Good morning.  We do have an IRC meeting now, don't we?
11:05 nengard thought so
11:05 hdl_laptop hi all
11:05 imp heyho :)
11:05 Amit_G heya imp, hdl
11:06 imp hdl_laptop: meeting first, problems later?
11:06 hdl_laptop yes
11:06 imp :)
11:06 * slef nominates nengard to chair
11:08 nengard slef is nuts
11:08 nengard nengard is still in bed
11:08 nengard trying to think straight
11:08 * jwagner wanders off in search of caffiene
11:08 slef on IRC, no-one can see you snooze
11:08 nengard fine - meeting called to order - please announce yourself
11:08 * nengard Nicole C. Engard ByWater Solutions
11:09 * imp Martin Janitschke, CCC Hannover
11:09 thd Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
11:09 owen Owen Leonard, Nelsonville Public Library
11:09 Colin Colin Campbell, PTFS Europe
11:09 davi Davi Diaz, worker for
11:10 fredericd F. Demians, Tamil
11:10 jwagner Jane Wagner, PTFS
11:10 hdl_laptop Henri-Damien LAURENT, BibLibre SARL
11:10 magnus Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
11:10 slef MJ Ray, member of
11:10 * Genji is Waylon Robertson, private library in
11:10 pmlozeau Patrick M. Lozeau, inLibro, Canada
11:11 Amit_G Amit Gupta Nucsoft Osslabs
11:11 chris_n Chris Nighswonger FBC
11:11 nengard okay- I didn't see gmcharlt - but here is the first agenda item ...
11:11 nengard Update on Roadmap to 3.2.
11:11 * gmcharlt here
11:12 nengard okay - floor is yours
11:12 gmcharlt 3.2 alpha is out
11:12 * Ropuch = Piotr Wejman, Biblioteka CSNE, Poland
11:12 * gmcharlt = Galen Charlton, RM (for the record)
11:13 gmcharlt as of now, I count 21 blockers
11:13 Genji gmcharlt++
11:13 nengard gmcharlt, 21 blockers with no patches?
11:13 gmcharlt I'm working on 4141, completing and testing the upgrade path from 3.0.x
11:13 nengard or do some have untested patches
11:14 gmcharlt some have patches, many don't yet
11:14 gmcharlt + there are two more that need to be added as blockers
11:15 gmcharlt creating a translation mechanism for the new syspref editor
11:15 gmcharlt and bug 3756
11:15 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3756 blocker, P5, ---,, ASSIGNED, new sys prefs - no way to add a new local use preference
11:16 gmcharlt so to do a quick poll of active contributors
11:16 * masonj running a little late
11:16 masonj hi all
11:16 gmcharlt is there anything pending that isn't submitted yet?
11:16 gmcharlt I'm aware of the circulation sounds, to be in 3.2 by popular demand, which Darrell is working on
11:17 thd yes but I have been in great pain
11:17 gmcharlt thd: sorry to here that
11:17 gmcharlt *hear
11:17 gmcharlt is a MARC21 framework update in the offing?
11:18 thd yes but I need some days to work on that
11:18 greenmang0 joined #koha
11:18 nengard gmcharlt i was wondering if bug 1997 could make it into 3.2
11:18 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1997 enhancement, P3, ---,, NEW, sys pref to Edit no results found page
11:18 thd I have lost  much of the past three weeks to back pain
11:18 nengard :(
11:19 thd I have now seen a doctor but I have much to catch up to
11:19 gmcharlt nengard: probably not - I see no submitted patch for that
11:19 nengard gmcharlt - i meant i know what i want to do and could write it today - but didn't cause of the freeze
11:19 nengard sorry
11:19 nengard still asleep - if i submit a patch today would that work - or should i wait
11:20 gmcharlt you can do it, but it will get put in future - I'm trying to keep new features down to just what I've mentioned in my koha-devel posting + circ sounds
11:20 nengard makes sense
11:20 hdl_laptop gmcharlt: I have some bugfix patches I should resend.
11:21 gmcharlt hdl_laptop: please do - I wasn't sure of the resolution of the 17 and 3 patches you sent on 2/5
11:21 masonj i have some recent fixes to the report-scheduler, its currently busted, i think
11:21 chris_n gmcharlt: there may be some futher tweaks to the patron card and label tools, but nothing major here
11:21 gmcharlt as a reminder, there's a general bugsquashing tomorrow
11:22 greenmang0 left #koha
11:23 masonj roger that
11:23 gmcharlt some of the blockers appear to be pretty straightforward, so I think we can get many of them fixed tomorrow
11:24 gmcharlt also, I reiterate nengard's call to comb through your bugs and close everything that has been resolved
11:24 gmcharlt at this rate, I think we have a decent chance of achieving beta around 3/1
11:24 nengard there were a lot of bugs that didn't have a patch sent status that had patches - so please make sure you keep your bugs up to date
11:24 chris_n nengard++ #for bug wrangling
11:25 gmcharlt nengard++
11:25 hdl_laptop nengard++
11:25 gmcharlt so .... any questions about 3.2?
11:25 jwagner If beta around 3/1, what's the target for release?
11:26 thd jwagner: after you submit patches for all remaining bugs :0
11:26 slef One slightly OT question: please can we use ISO dates YYYY-MM-DD instead of the confusing national forms?
11:27 hdl_laptop slef: for what ?
11:27 gmcharlt pending no surprising big blockers and good progress by the translaters, mid-to-end of March
11:27 slef hdl_laptop: discussion of release dates.
11:28 * gmcharlt reveals that 3/1 = 3 January 2010 -- not!
11:28 gmcharlt any other questions for 3.2?
11:28 hdl_laptop 1st, March
11:28 nengard if there are no other 3.2 questions then on to #2 - Update on Koha 3.0 Roadmap - from hdl_laptop
11:28 slef yes, that one is obvious although slower to read, but not all are like that
11:29 gmcharlt yes, hdl_laptop, please go ahead
11:29 hdl_laptop well, I should release 3.0.6 quite soon.
11:30 hdl_laptop We just discovered some embarassing bugs that we are coping. And they are quite serious.
11:30 hdl_laptop So would be released next week.
11:31 slef hdl_laptop: bug numbers?
11:31 hdl_laptop 4116
11:31 hdl_laptop for instance.
11:31 chris_n bug 4116
11:31 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4116 critical, P5, ---,, NEW, results from cataloging search is different from advanced search results
11:32 slef so are they all rel_3_0 and critical or higher?
11:32 chris_n beat me to it :-)
11:32 hdl_laptop yes.
11:32 hdl_laptop But not all of them declared as of now
11:33 hdl_laptop they were declared in french first.
11:33 gmcharlt hdl_laptop: is the French bugs database publicly available, for French speakers and those who could make do with machine translation?
11:35 hdl_laptop gmcharlt: one would have to ask for an account. But it is online
11:35 hdl_laptop
11:35 gmcharlt anybody can request an account?
11:36 hdl_laptop yes.
11:36 gmcharlt would you have any objection to having it be linked from and the like?
11:37 gmcharlt anyway, apologies for the digression - are there any more questions about 3.0.x?
11:38 nengard if not - are there any follow up items from the last meeting (#3 on the agenda)
11:39 gmcharlt if, not, then lets move on to 3.4 roles
11:39 gmcharlt[…]elopment:roles3.4
11:39 nengard agenda item #4 it is
11:39 fredericd gmcharlt: reading back... I will do a new syspref translation script...
11:39 thd Proposals are still pending as they had been last time
11:39 gmcharlt fredericd++
11:40 thd fredericd++
11:40 nengard fredericd++
11:40 chris_n fredericd++
11:40 fredericd new syspref editor++
11:40 nengard heck yeah!!!
11:41 nengard new syspref editor++
11:41 gmcharlt and speaking of proposals, I've tossed my name into the ring for module mainainer for cataloging and search
11:41 nengard does module maintainer mean the person bugs are assigned to?
11:41 nengard or something else?
11:41 thd gmcharlt++
11:41 chris_n yup
11:41 chris_n gmcharlt++
11:41 nengard gmcharlt++
11:41 nengard we needed a new person on search since search bugs are being ignored
11:42 gmcharlt nengard: that, but also (as I see it) reponsibility for mainitaining a tree and vetting patches releveant to that module
11:42 nengard awesome
11:42 gmcharlt so anyway, several positions have both proposals and no other candiates, so I move that we vote on the following:
11:42 gmcharlt Nicole Engard as Documentation Manager
11:43 gmcharlt Zeno Tajoli as DB documentar
11:43 gmcharlt Colin Campbell as QA manager
11:43 gmcharlt Chris Nighswonger as 3.2 Release Maintainer
11:43 gmcharlt so to take them in the order listed
11:43 gmcharlt nengard: any statement you want to make before we vote?
11:44 nengard gmcharlt i thought i was doc manager until I fell down - so i'm willing and able to stay your doc manager until that time :)
11:44 thd nengard++
11:44 gmcharlt nengard++
11:44 chris_n nengard++
11:44 imp nengard++
11:44 masonj nengard++
11:44 magnus nengard++
11:45 kf nengard++
11:45 hdl_laptop nengard++
11:45 fredericd nengard++
11:45 Colin nengard++
11:45 thd nengard we will catch you if you fall
11:45 Nate joined #koha
11:45 owen nengard++
11:45 gmcharlt ok, I think that settles it
11:45 gmcharlt next, Zeno
11:46 gmcharlt tajoli isn't here, but as far as I know he's still wiling, so I move that we accept him as DB documentor for 3.4
11:46 chris_n +1
11:46 kf +1
11:46 hdl_laptop +1
11:46 Ropuch +1
11:46 nengard +1
11:46 owen +1
11:46 fredericd +1
11:46 imp +1
11:46 magnus +1
11:46 masonj +1
11:47 thd tajoli++
11:47 gmcharlt ok, hearing no objection - done
11:47 gmcharlt next up
11:47 gmcharlt Colin: any statement?
11:48 Genji okay, i gotta crash. wahts the log url?
11:48 Colin Just that I think its important we look at making the source more useable we want more developers
11:49 gmcharlt Genji:
11:49 tajoli joined #koha
11:49 tajoli sorry for dealy
11:49 gmcharlt hi tajoli - we've just confirmed you as DB documentor for 3.4
11:49 tajoli thanks
11:49 tajoli Do you need extra info ?
11:49 gmcharlt ok, I move that we vote on Colin Campbell as QA Manager for 3.4
11:49 gmcharlt tajoli: no, I think we're fine at the moment
11:50 masonj hiya zeno :)
11:51 GenjiScreen joined #koha
11:51 slef back
11:51 thd Colin++
11:51 nengard okay - back on track
11:51 nengard let's vote on Colin
11:51 imp +1
11:51 magnus +1
11:51 nengard +1
11:51 Genji +1
11:51 owen +1
11:51 chris_n +1
11:51 hdl_laptop +1
11:51 gmcharlt +1
11:51 Ropuch +1
11:51 kf +1
11:51 slef 0
11:51 davi 0
11:52 masonj +1
11:52 owen 0 = abstention or downvote?
11:52 davi abstention
11:52 slef stand-aside
11:52 tajoli +1 on Colin Campbell
11:52 slef owen: -1 is downvote
11:52 slef AIUI
11:53 gmcharlt (
11:53 gmcharlt ok, I think that settles it
11:53 gmcharlt congrats, Colin
11:54 Colin thanks
11:54 gmcharlt on to 3.2 RMaint
11:54 gmcharlt chris_n: any words?
11:54 chris_n I am certainly still willing to be RM and will endevor maintain the standard set by past RMs.
11:54 nengard chris_n++
11:54 slef where are the platforms on the wiki?  not linked from meeting
11:55 gmcharlt[…]elopment:roles3.4
11:55 thd chris_n++
11:55 slef gmcharlt: ta
11:55 kf +1
11:55 fredericd +1 Colin
11:55 Ropuch +1
11:56 gmcharlt so to confirm, we're now voting on chris_n as RMaint
11:56 fredericd +1 chris_n
11:56 hdl_laptop +1
11:56 imp +1
11:56 magnus +1
11:56 masonj +1
11:56 Colin +1
11:56 gmcharlt +1 # but I'll hold you to your "minor enhancements"-only plank :)
11:56 tajoli +1
11:56 slef +1
11:57 chris_n gmcharlt: I hold a very conservative definition of minor :-)
11:58 gmcharlt ok, that settles it
11:58 gmcharlt congrats, chris_n
11:58 chris_n tnx all
11:59 gmcharlt ok, moving on
11:59 gmcharlt we have three proposals for bug wranglers
11:59 gmcharlt pianohacker, hdl_laptop, and CALYX
11:59 fredericd couldn't it be shared?
11:59 chris_n gmcharlt: is this not a position where more than one filling it might be desireable?
11:59 gmcharlt I think we should have bug wrangling be filled by as many people who want to (and do) do it
12:00 nengard agreed
12:00 gmcharlt so I move that we accept all three proposals
12:00 chris_n seconded
12:00 fredericd +1
12:00 nengard +1
12:00 Ropuch +1
12:00 masonj +1
12:00 Colin +1
12:00 thd +1 *
12:00 Nate +1
12:00 imp +1
12:00 kf +1
12:00 paul_p left #koha
12:01 slef 0
12:01 Genji left #koha
12:01 magnus +1
12:02 slef I think one should lead because there's scope for interference and not all have submitted full proposals.
12:02 slef But I'm willing to let you approve all three if you really think it can work.
12:02 gmcharlt from my POV, bug wrangling expands to fill all available volunteers
12:03 tajoli +1 on three Bug Wrenglers
12:03 thd :)
12:03 gmcharlt I'd suggest that the QA Manager help coordinate if there's a conflict
12:03 nengard that make sense to me
12:03 chris_n perhaps if there are enough people, they could be assigned areas to wrangle in
12:03 chris_n ie. north pasture vs south plains ;-)
12:04 gmcharlt hence the idea of module maintainer - i.e., somebody who not only wrangles, but maintains a tree and vets patches
12:04 Colin Its very useful to have people you know are familiar with an area
12:04 fredericd Colin: you could take SIP...
12:05 gmcharlt I've put in my name to be module maintainer for search and cataloging - I'll post a proposal on koha-devel, and also call for other people to volunteer to be module maintainers
12:05 Colin Sure
12:05 nengard this kind of touches on the next agenda item
12:05 gmcharlt we could then review the module maintainer propsals next meeting
12:05 slef I bake good apple pie, but that doesn't mean I should necessarily be in charge of a kitchen.
12:05 nengard #5 Bug Category Roles
12:06 gmcharlt nengard: one moment, though
12:06 gmcharlt one position that has not been voted on et
12:06 nengard ah
12:06 gmcharlt 3.4 translation manager
12:06 gmcharlt we have interest from fredericd and brendan
12:06 fredericd Nothing specific to add to my initial proposal
12:06 gmcharlt brendan hasn't sent in a proposal yet, though
12:07 gmcharlt one question I have about the TM role - will chris be maintaining the Pootle, or woudl that be moving?
12:07 nengard that may be because it was expressed that the translation manager should be a non english speaker - but he's not awake so i don't want to speak for him
12:07 fredericd I already have a pootle instance up and running.
12:08 chris_n gmcharlt: it may be good also request the current module maintainers to re-affirm their desire to remain so
12:08 chris_n set at response deadline
12:08 fredericd I'd need some help from Chris obviously at the beginning
12:08 Nate I believe nengard is correct regarding Brendan's proposal
12:08 chris_n and open up those positions with no response or a negative response by that date
12:10 nengard okay - so where are we? are we voting on translation manager? or are we moving on to the next agenda item?
12:11 chris_n it appears we lost gmcharlt
12:11 gmcharlt no, I'm still here
12:11 thd nengard: I thought that you were waking brendan :0
12:11 gmcharlt just waiting for comments re TM
12:11 nengard no - i said when he wakes - it's 3am there!!!
12:11 chris_n heh
12:12 gmcharlt ok, how about this - assuming that many of us will be around for the bug squashing tomorrow
12:12 gmcharlt we can give brendan the rest of today to complete or withdraw his proposal
12:12 gmcharlt and vote tomorrow
12:12 gmcharlt thoughts?
12:12 nengard +1
12:12 Ropuch +1
12:12 chris_n +1
12:12 masonj +1
12:12 imp +1
12:13 Nate +1
12:13 thd fredericd:  Would you care to make some comment about how you are hard at work or fast asleep and thus not seen at IRC meetings for those who do not know you?
12:13 jwagner gmcharlt, do you want to set a target time for voting tomorrow?
12:13 tajoli +1
12:14 gmcharlt jwagner: yes - I suggestion 19:00 UTC+0
12:14 fredericd thd: hard at sleep
12:14 masonj +1
12:15 Amit_G left #koha
12:15 thd +1
12:15 nengard +1
12:15 tajoli +1
12:15 Ropuch +1
12:16 nengard okay - on to #5 to which I agree with Chris_n's suggestion
12:16 owen left #koha
12:16 nengard we put out a call to see if people still want their roles as bug/module manager
12:16 nengard and give them until the next meeting to respond
12:16 nengard then we open up the roles
12:17 nengard and let people say what they want/can manager
12:17 nengard manage
12:18 * chris_n has to change locations... bbiab
12:18 kf \me needs to go back to meeting bbl
12:18 gmcharlt btw, the current list of bugs assignes is here[…]default_assignees
12:18 gmcharlt two things of note
12:19 nengard well if no on objects I'll put out the call and see if we can get some interest/renewed interest
12:19 gmcharlt 1) we need more people involved
12:19 nengard and we can move on to #6
12:19 gmcharlt nengard: I'll put it out
12:19 nengard okay - go for it
12:19 gmcharlt 2) the websites assignee is, of course, in an odd situation
12:19 nengard yeah
12:19 nengard but there are plenty of other roles that have gone dead as well -
12:20 nengard or that are assigned (in my opinion) incorrectly - acq should be someone at BibLibre since they dd so much work recently they know how things work better than anyone
12:20 nengard as an example
12:20 gmcharlt one thing I would like to emphasize, though - people should never feel restricted from picking up and owrking on a bug whose status isn't ASSIgned
12:21 nengard agreed
12:21 gmcharlt umm, nengard, I suggest that you look at the list of assignees
12:21 tajoli many roles for gmcharlt but now you are on Evergreen or not ?
12:21 nengard gmcharlt - that's not how it is in bugszilla
12:21 hdl_laptop nengard: it is someone at BibLibre in charge of Acq.
12:22 gmcharlt nengard: the default assignee list IS taken from Bugzilla
12:22 nengard or it wasn't the last bug in acq i reported i had to manuall change it to hdl
12:22 nengard k - i'll check again
12:22 nengard when i'm more alert
12:22 masonj ill think about a module or two that i can look after...
12:22 gmcharlt and new acq bugs are indeed going to hdl_laptop
12:22 nengard k good
12:22 nengard sorry for the confusion
12:22 gmcharlt masonj: cool, but more patches from you would be nice to see
12:23 nengard okay - on to #6 which is easy
12:23 nengard i just want to remind you all to send me articles for the newsletter by the 14th -
12:23 masonj yep, i do plan to start sending stuff in again, very soon
12:23 nengard they should be short and sweet
12:24 nengard #7 - Koha Tutorials
12:24 nengard[…]ntation:tutorials
12:24 nengard we talked about this back in August and did some work, but I'd love to see more tutorials from you experts out there to help us new to programming for Koha learn the ropes
12:26 nengard any comments? anyone still here?
12:27 nengard am I moderating myself?? :)
12:27 slef Yes, just pinged myself.
12:27 slef A bit confused about what we're being asked to do.
12:27 Ropuch ;>
12:27 thd we need a proper manual for programmers
12:27 slef Still willing, but still no resources for this.
12:27 nengard slef back in august we talked about writing up quick tutorials on using git or updating perl or whatever else that new developers can easily understand and feel more comfrotable chipping in
12:28 jwagner On the tutorials, I'd like to see it expanded to general training -- how do I create a record/item, how do I check out (and how do I set up my circ rules), etc.  That would be useful to a wider audience.
12:28 thd nengard: it would be useful if we could link the tutorial which paul_p gave at KohaCon
12:28 nengard thd i think i'll be working on something like that this year - but nothing I do will be as good as quides from those who have been in the thick of it for years
12:28 nengard thd - go for it!
12:28 nengard jwagner - isn't that in the manual already?
12:29 jwagner Not in terms of learning how to do it.
12:29 Colin We could have fuller how tos
12:29 thd schuster took photographs of the whiteboard
12:29 jwagner The manual is great at describing each setting, but making the intuitive leap of "which ones do I need to configure for _this_ result" is harder.
12:30 gmcharlt to the extent that people doing training want to contribute their webcasts and pre-recorded sessions, that would address jwagner's concern, I think
12:30 nengard NEKLS has a lot of that already public
12:30 nengard but I can always add more detail to the manual if we need/want it
12:30 jwagner And we've been referring people to the NEKLS stuff :-)
12:30 nengard I try to keep it generic - but don't mind being more specific
12:31 slef Is NEKLS stuff linked from[…]ntation:tutorials ?
12:31 jwagner I've been through a lot of migrations by now, and I'm always being asked the simple questions -- how do I check out a book, etc.
12:31 nengard slef yes, at teh bottom
12:31 slef oic
12:32 jwagner We've been working on training materials, and on my "someday" list is recording some webex sessions on the general topics.
12:32 slef so, again, what are we waiting for?  3.2 release and/or resources to run sessions?
12:32 nengard jwagner once 3.2 is out and the manual done i am going to do some video tutorials
12:32 slef I hope we can use something more open than webex.
12:32 Colin It would be good if biblibre have anything on acquisitions for 3.2
12:32 gmcharlt I'd encourage libraries who have written documentation to get themselves linked as well
12:32 nengard for now there is a link to some video tutorials at the bottom of the tutorials page
12:32 nengard that i did for those in CA
12:33 nengard yes hdl_laptop, I need some help writing the docs for the new acq
12:33 nengard on this topic - the 3.2 English Version of the manual is up at:[…]-manual/?ch=index
12:33 jwagner nengard, thanks -- that's the kind of stuff I'd like to see expanded.  The development/coding stuff is also needed, but general "how do I" is critical.
12:33 nengard still a work in progress and i have to fix the license
12:33 nengard but it's there
12:33 fredericd Colin: +1 on new acq module (black box)
12:34 slef nengard: needs a link to source code checkout instructions (a HACKING file in GNUspeak)
12:34 slef nengard: but well done on getting it there
12:35 nengard slef - yeah it's missing the appendices and the links section - which might have that ... wizzyrea and Ropuch did all the work
12:35 nengard and they're not done yet, but I thought I'd share
12:35 nengard okay - I think we need to agree to the time of the next meeting - unless anyone else has more to add?
12:35 Ropuch slef: you're welcome to fix my lame googled regexp
12:35 Ropuch ;>
12:35 tajoli quit
12:35 tajoli left #koha
12:36 slef Ropuch: regexp?
12:36 gmcharlt I suggest Wednesday, 3 March 2010 at 19:00 UTC+0
12:36 chris_n +1
12:37 nengard +1
12:37 Ropuch slef: on pull-and publish kohadocs in wordpress 'script'
12:37 Nate +1
12:37 imp thought we had the 5. march planed?
12:37 Ropuch Sorry, I was afk and misinterpreted your conversation with nengard
12:38 masonj +1
12:38 hdl_laptop nengard: will ask laurence and paul to improve documentation and post some on kohadocs
12:39 nengard okay next general meeting to be held on :  Wednesday, 3 March 2010 at 19:00 UTC+0
12:39 nengard and bug squashing all day on the 10 February
12:39 nengard I call this meeting to a close
12:39 gmcharlt thanks, nengard
12:39 Ropuch nengard++
12:40 imp nengard++
12:40 hdl_laptop thanks nengard
12:40 Ropuch But... which timezone tomorrow bug squashing starts?
12:40 Ropuch ;>
12:40 nengard Ropuch - all timezones!! :)
12:40 nengard all day in all timezones
12:41 nengard squash those bugs :)
12:41 gmcharlt plan on staying up 24 hours! ;)
12:42 * jwagner would prefer to sleep for 24 hours....
12:42 Ropuch Yak!
12:43 nengard left #koha
12:43 slef I'd prefer to be awake 24 hours, but I have to drive somewhere tomoz PM so not sleeping would be negligent
12:43 Ropuch I can't sleep more than 7h
12:43 nengard joined #koha
12:43 slef Ropuch: curious. 7h30 is more common.
12:43 Ropuch I feel like I have a hangover if I overslept
12:43 slef ack, metoo
12:44 * jwagner may be prejudiced by getting only about 3-4 hours of sleep last night
12:44 Ropuch hehe
12:45 thd jwagner: sleep all day today
12:45 Topic for #koha is now Discussion channel for the Koha ILS | Bug squashing all day Wednesday, 10 Feburary 2010
12:46 jwagner thd, maybe a nap....
12:46 * Ropuch prepares "Perl for dummies" copy for bug squashing ;>
12:48 jwagner Couple of git questions?  I know there's a command to look at the details of a commit -- maybe git log commit#?  Also, I think there's a way to do a git-diff between current branch and master -- what's that?
12:49 slef Ropuch: man perlintro, man perlretut, man perlboot and man perlcheat
12:49 slef jwagner: git log -1 commit#
12:49 slef jwagner: git diff master # I think
12:50 gmcharlt jwagner: also git show commit#
12:50 Colin git show
12:50 jwagner Thanks slef, gmcharlt, Colin
12:50 jwagner Can't wait until jdavidb is back online so I can pester him....
12:51 slef could try man git...
12:52 Ropuch jwagner: - quite useful for git newbie (like me)
12:53 jwagner Thanks.  We have a couple of git manuals, but I have trouble wading through them.  I try to stick to the basics :-)
13:00 tomascohen joined #koha
13:08 imp hdl_laptop: still here?
13:14 nengard how do you nicely say - I cannot and will not be your personal support person?
13:15 hdl_laptop imp: ?
13:15 gmcharlt nengard: sending them a price quote?
13:15 jwagner nengard, if they haven't gotten the point by now, there is no nice way to say it....
13:16 imp hdl_laptop: you said, if you got a bad marc record, it breaks the page (right before the meeting)
13:16 imp but it's the first record i try to add
13:16 imp (so i'm a little bit confused ;)
13:16 hdl_laptop MARC21 or UNIMARC ?
13:17 imp set my koha to marc21
13:17 slef nengard: I've got a form letter saying I'm sorry but I don't have enough free time, so their choices are asking a mailing list or contracting the co-op.
13:17 nengard slef - i tried that - didn't work
13:18 nengard and gmcharlt - guess that's my next step :)
13:18 slef nengard: rinse and repeat
13:18 nengard hehe
13:18 slef nengard: this is why it's a form letter :-/
13:18 nengard :)
13:19 nengard guess i'll need to write one up - to be honest this is the first time that the person didn't go the mailing list when i said that was the way to do this
13:19 gmcharlt there's always the chance that the response to a price quote will be a check :)
13:19 nengard oooooo
13:22 hdl_laptop imp: you may have some problems with your framework then.
13:22 hdl_laptop You should check that in admin
13:24 imp it's the same with the default framework and the fast-add one (where i've removed some fields)
13:24 imp MARC Bibliographic Framework Test ?
13:24 imp it says everything is ok
13:38 owen joined #koha
13:38 gmcharlt hdl_laptop: do you have any patches available for bug 3912?
13:38 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3912 blocker, P5, ---,, NEW, Can't add contracts
13:39 cabillman joined #koha
13:40 owen Hi all, sorry I had to leave the meeting early. Kids, school, etc.
13:40 gmcharlt excuses, excuses
13:41 owen gmcharlt: At least you had the opportunity to pile work on my plate in my absence.
13:41 * owen checks his plate
13:41 chris_n lol
13:42 gmcharlt owen: oops, forgot to tell you that we're sick of this XHTML stuff, we want to go back to HTML4
13:43 * owen rushes around unclosing tags and putting markup in UPPER CASE!!
13:43 owen <HTML><P>There. All done.</HTML>
13:43 * owen shudders to even joke about it.
13:44 * chris_n busies himself with trying to learn how to use the new patron card tool ;-)
13:56 bigbrovar_ joined #koha
13:58 Colin t/Dates.t appears to have the wrong number of tests... but this seems to have been wrong for a long time
13:59 bigbrovar_ am trying to install koha3.0.5 on ubuntu 8.04 following instructions on this wiki page[…]uide_ubuntu_hardy. everything seem to run fine but when I did make test I got the follow errors
14:02 slef looking
14:02 schuster joined #koha
14:02 slef anyone remember if make test works on ubuntu hardy for 3.0.5?
14:03 slef Is there some way to read the test results in detail, anyone?
14:03 slef bigbrovar_: any error lines before the Test Summary Report?
14:04 gmcharlt slef: prove -v test
14:04 bigbrovar_ well they were some error lines... unfortunately am on a screen session and I cant scroll up :(
14:05 bigbrovar_ slef, .
14:05 slef bigbrovar_: ctrl+A then [ then PgUp lots
14:05 slef bigbrovar_: then [ when finished
14:05 slef screen does its own scrollbuffer
14:06 bigbrovar_ slef, oh ok thanks
14:11 bigbrovar_ slef, that jump to the top of the page.. however well am already make install would have to wait till that runs.  or what do u think? (am quite new at this )
14:13 slef yes, I think it has probably scrolled off, so [ to stop it and wait
14:13 slef bigbrovar_: gmcharlt's prove command is probably a better bet, where "test" is "t/Circulation_barcodedecode.t" I think
14:13 slef I will soon go to lunch
14:16 bigbrovar_ slef, I will run the prove command once make install is done (kind of medicine after death I know but this is a test install not a production deployment) will u still be logged on when you are off to lunch?
14:16 bigbrovar_ slef, will pastebin the output of the prove command once(if) make install is complete
14:18 slef my client idles here as much as possible
14:18 slef but I might not read messages sent to me until the morning
14:18 slef but others here can also help, I'm sure.
14:20 bigbrovar_ slef, make install went fine
14:20 bigbrovar_ slef, about to run the prove command
14:21 bigbrovar_ slef, this is the output of the prove test
14:22 magnus left #koha
14:22 ebegin joined #koha
14:44 nengard left #koha
14:58 tirabo joined #koha
15:00 mib_71epkn joined #koha
15:04 owen I wonder if Kyle knows what he's getting himself into, volunteering for Circ and Holds bugs?
15:04 * owen would run away
15:09 bigbrovar left #koha
15:13 hilongo hello fellow kohaers ...  :)
15:16 hilongo I have just finished my switch from standard koha to dev-installation via GIT ... everything went well :)
15:17 gmcharlt hilongo++
15:19 hilongo gmcharlt: your tips were a great help :)
15:19 liz-nekls joined #koha
15:20 jwagner congrats, hilongo.  That's NOT an easy switch, especially if you've done any customizations.
15:22 hilongo jwagner: yep .. and more when it is already in production... I think I've aged a couple of years in this past days :)
15:23 hilongo but now that everything worked .. I can focus in fixing a couple of problems I'm having with Koha...
15:24 hilongo One is with Reserves not working and the other with Searching and some weird diacritic problem
15:29 hilongo Anyone can tell me why complains about 'uninitialized values' such a findborrower or transfertwhen ??
15:30 hilongo My error log here ->
15:32 Colin left #koha
15:43 Colin joined #koha
15:48 mib_rm6fvt joined #koha
15:49 tirabo left #koha
15:51 mib_71epkn left #koha
15:55 hilongo the opac and the staff interface give me the same msg: "none of these items can be placed on hold."
15:56 hilongo I have circ rules set ... at least as far as i know ...
15:57 user77 left #koha
15:57 liz-nekls which version?
15:57 liz-nekls is now known as wizzyrea_laptop
15:58 wizzyrea_laptop (sorry if I missed that part)
15:59 hilongo i'm on 3.0.6 dev-installation
15:59 bigbrovar joined #koha
16:00 hilongo to be exact :)
16:01 hilongo also .. I have sysprefs AllowHoldPolicyOverride AllowHoldsOnDamagedItems AllowOnShelfHolds and canreservefromotherbranches all set to ON ...
16:01 owen Do you have circulation rules set up for the patron category and itemtype you're trying to put a hold on?
16:08 hilongo I tried to re-set circulation rules and I find I'm no able to ... aparently, there is some finedays column that wants to fill but that column does not exist in the database...
16:09 hilongo I'll try to add that column manually and see what happens
16:21 hilongo ok ... I have re-set the circ rules .. the Default ones and the library specific ...  I have the holds policy as "Book - from any library"
16:21 Kivutar left #koha
16:21 hilongo but the problem is not solved :(
16:23 owen hilongo: you might try adding a specific rule for one borrower category and one item type and test with that combination
16:26 hilongo my koha-error log says this:
16:27 hilongo owen: .. ok ... I'll give it a try
16:28 * jwagner smiles. Two snowplows and a monster big front-end loader are doing things to the street outside. Things involving moving large quantities of snow....
16:31 * ebegin lol... this is almost a daily event in winter here :)
16:33 jwagner Yes, I know.  I grew up in snow country.  But the DC area is NOT used to this.  Doesn't have the equipment, experience, or planning to cope with major storms.  And there's a third one moving in this afternoon.  Three big blizzards in one winter?  Unheard of in this area.
16:33 joetho joined #koha
16:35 owen jwagner: Is jdavidb still snowed in?
16:36 jwagner Yep, he's been having a rough time.  He was without power for a couple of days (brrrrr) and is still without Internet.  Busses aren't running, so he can't get into work either.
16:36 hilongo it's no use ... setting specific rules doesn't work either...
16:36 jwagner I've been working from home since last Friday, and have been VERY lucky not to lose power throughout.  Knock wood....\
16:39 ebegin jwagner, over here, how strange it can be, we do not have a lot of snow this year...
16:39 jwagner ebegin, you're welcome to ours :-)
16:40 ebegin Should I bring my shovel? :)
16:40 jwagner Bring your shovel, snowplow, front-end loader, snowplow, snowplow.....
16:41 moodaepo @wunder 56001
16:41 munin moodaepo: The current temperature in South on Monks, Mankato, Minnesota is -4.6�C (10:35 AM CST on February 09, 2010). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 79%. Dew Point: -7.0�C. Windchill: -12.0�C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1019.9 hPa (Rising). Winter Storm Warning in effect until noon CST today...
16:41 owen @wunder 45701
16:41 munin owen: The current temperature in Ohio University, Athens, Ohio is -1.7�C (11:36 AM EST on February 09, 2010). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: -2.0�C. Windchill: -5.0�C. Pressure: 29.79 in 1008.7 hPa (Falling). Winter Storm Warning in effect until 7 am EST Thursday...
16:41 jwagner One of the many fun things is that there's simply no PLACE to put all the snow.  They're having to use dump trucks & try to find places to dump them.
16:41 jwagner @wunder 20740
16:41 munin jwagner: The current temperature in Hollywood, College Park, Maryland is 0.1�C (11:38 AM EST on February 09, 2010). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 67%. Dew Point: -5.0�C. Windchill: 0.0�C. Pressure: 30.11 in 1019.5 hPa (Rising). Winter Storm Warning in effect from noon today to 7 PM EST Wednesday...
16:45 owen Hellova day in weather.
16:46 paul_p joined #koha
16:46 jwagner s/day/month/
16:46 jwagner s/day/YEAR/
16:46 paul_p hello world !
16:46 jwagner Bonjour paul_p
16:46 paul_p (back from a meeting)
16:47 brendan joined #koha
16:47 wizzyrea_laptop @later tell chris any suggestions on setting the openjade max errors from Docbook2html?
16:47 munin wizzyrea_laptop: The operation succeeded.
16:48 wizzyrea_laptop for that matter, anyone else?
16:48 wizzyrea_laptop nengard: that's why your appendix is missing
16:48 wizzyrea_laptop you may be using invalid characters in the manual?
16:49 wizzyrea_laptop[…]sets/non-sgml.htm may help you
16:50 gmcharlt wizzyrea_laptop: does running xmllint --noout {name of docbook.xml} turn up anything?
16:50 wizzyrea_laptop good question, I shall try that
16:52 wizzyrea_laptop nothing :/
16:53 wizzyrea_laptop doesn't say anything, actually, is that odd?
16:53 gmcharlt that means it thinks it thinks it's valid
16:54 gmcharlt what is the character encoding declared in the XML header?
16:54 wizzyrea_laptop utf-8
16:54 wizzyrea_laptop hrm
16:54 wizzyrea_laptop I think openjade defaults to unicode
16:55 wizzyrea_laptop and I'm not sure how to change that...
16:55 gmcharlt unicode should be fine
16:55 wizzyrea_laptop manual.xml:17128:20:E: non SGML character number 152
16:55 wizzyrea_laptop are the errors
16:56 wizzyrea_laptop so I either need to tell openjade that this is ok, or change the xml
16:56 wizzyrea_laptop or set the max errors
16:56 wizzyrea_laptop which I haven't found a way to through docbook2html
16:57 wizzyrea_laptop 152 is the tilde, btw
17:00 gmcharlt what is the openjade command-line you're using?
17:01 wizzyrea_laptop it's being triggered from docbook2html :(
17:01 chris_n @wunder 28334
17:01 munin chris_n: The current temperature in Erwin, North Carolina is 4.0�C (11:41 AM EST on February 09, 2010). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 75%. Dew Point: 0.0�C. Windchill: 2.0�C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017 hPa (Rising). High wind watch in effect from Wednesday morning through Wednesday evening...
17:01 wizzyrea_laptop but if I were just using openjade I could -E0 and have unlimited errors
17:02 wizzyrea_laptop so it may just be a problem with docbook2html
17:03 gmcharlt does adding -w no-sgml work?
17:05 wizzyrea_laptop oooh, I missed that one
17:05 wizzyrea_laptop let me try that
17:05 gmcharlt or -e no-sgml
17:07 wizzyrea_laptop Unknown warning type "no-sgml". Allowed warning types are:
17:07 wizzyrea_laptop i could no-al
17:07 wizzyrea_laptop all
17:08 Colin left #koha
17:13 Brooke joined #koha
17:14 Brooke ha ha
17:14 Brooke this one works and not the other...
17:14 Brooke left #koha
17:16 bigbrovar_ left #koha
17:19 Colin joined #koha
17:23 jwagner is now known as jw-moreshovelin
17:29 brendan left #koha
17:30 laurence left #koha
17:32 kf left #koha
17:35 Brooke joined #koha
17:35 Brooke yo!
17:36 wizzyrea_laptop wb
17:39 Brooke wow, sleepy in here today :)
17:40 tirabo joined #koha
17:40 Brooke hi tirabo
17:40 tirabo hi
17:41 wizzyrea_laptop working furiously I think
17:42 owen Eying the snow worriedly
17:42 * owen is going to bail
17:42 owen left #koha
17:43 Brooke doh
17:43 wizzyrea_laptop doo eet
17:43 wizzyrea_laptop and drive safely
17:43 wizzyrea_laptop (not you I'm worried about, it's the other idiots)
17:43 * Brooke dug the war pony out earlier
17:44 wizzyrea_laptop hehe
17:44 Brooke yeah I keep telling the little mister that
17:44 Brooke we had a touch of snow a little while back and there was a 30 car pile up
17:44 Brooke so this time when there was a little more than a dusting
17:44 Brooke I told him this would be 75+
17:46 wizzyrea_laptop it's kind of spitting snow here
17:46 tirabo left #koha
17:46 wizzyrea_laptop like "peh, peh, peh"
17:46 wizzyrea_laptop little here, little there
17:47 Brooke it's not doing anything here for the moment *knocks on wood*
17:48 Brooke wish there were some active Frenchies on at the moment or other EU folk
17:48 * moodaepo the snow here is regrouping for the next attack
17:48 imp Brooke: i'm from germany
17:48 Brooke hawt
17:49 Brooke can you tell me about magazine frequency?
17:49 Brooke I've a bloke that asked after Finnish serials cataloguing
17:50 Brooke and it made me very curious about the rest of Europe in terms of how many issues one might receive in a year
17:50 * imp doesn't have any real bib background :|
17:50 * Brooke nods
17:51 chris_n is it me or is the self-checkout code a little half-baked?
17:51 Brooke dunno
17:52 Brooke I've never looked under the self - checkout code hood
17:52 Brooke and very little under the hood in general
17:52 chris chris_n: the stuff in opac/sco ?
17:52 * chris_n seems to stay under the hood :-)
17:53 chris_n yup
17:53 chris yeah its not just you
17:53 chris it works, but barely
17:53 chris_n it logs *nothing*
17:53 Brooke Oi, Chris
17:53 chris hiya Brooke
17:53 Brooke do you know any one with Wiki keys?
17:53 * Brooke forgets her password WAY too often.
17:53 gmcharlt Brooke: I can help you
17:53 Brooke hawt
17:54 gmcharlt just reset your password?
17:54 Brooke yes plox
17:54 Brooke it keeps saying it will and then like I never get an email
17:54 Brooke thank you :D
17:55 * Brooke does not want Russ thinking she's an absentee vol.
17:55 Brooke I am getting so psyched for conference.
17:57 slef This is why I like openID - it beats doing the lost password shuffly when you're not near your encrypted login details
17:58 jw-moreshovelin is now known as jwagner
18:00 paul_p left #koha
18:05 Colin Brooke: what was your eu question?
18:05 Brooke my EU type question is
18:06 Brooke what's the frequency of some of your magazines or serials
18:06 Brooke and is there a logical selection for that frequency within Koha?
18:07 Colin Weekly twice-weekly monthly bi-monthly quarterly and irregular
18:07 chris congrats/commiserations Colin :)
18:08 Colin chris: thanks (for both)
18:08 Brooke uh oh
18:08 Brooke what are we commiserating>
18:08 chris Colin is qa manager for 3.4
18:08 Brooke how regularly do you use the irregular option?
18:08 jwagner left #koha
18:09 jwagner joined #koha
18:10 Colin Not that often. I've got a library with lots of serials and lots of seemingly irregular publications but most have some sort of rhythmn
18:10 * Brooke nods
18:10 Colin (even although two years worth arrive in a lump)
18:11 Brooke this guy has stuff that comes in regularly but the tables do not appear to match the options that are currently there. Is there a flip that can be switched in Parameters, or am I hoping for too much?
18:12 chris_n hdl_laptop: what does USERBLOCKEDREMAINING mean?
18:13 Colin You may be hoping. I'm due to look at prediction patterns soon (when that libraries serial librarians give me the list of perceived oddities)
18:13 Brooke hawt
18:14 hdl_laptop USERBLOCKED And he has some books still not returned
18:14 Brooke it almost seems like this data should be somewhere in cyberspace, possibly behind OCLC's locked doors...
18:14 chris_n hdl_laptop: what controls this limit?
18:15 hdl_laptop IsMemberBlocked and the finedays in Circulation
18:15 chris_n tnx
18:15 gmcharlt Brooke: well, for MARC21, prediction patterns for a lot of serials are freely available via CONSER records, though not in an ideal form
18:15 Brooke HDL - proper credit has been given to BibLibre on the wiki now :D Thanks!
18:15 Brooke for sponsorship
18:16 Brooke G- thanks. I think I'll strategically torment a reference Librarian.
18:16 * Brooke cackles maniacally.
18:16 brendan joined #koha
18:16 Brooke hey Brendan
18:17 brendan hi brooke
18:17 hdl_laptop Brooke: don't mention it
18:18 chris Brooke: magnus at libriotech sent kohacon some money last night too
18:18 Brooke how tough code wise would massaging the frequency table for serials be? (time or $)
18:18 chris which reminds me, i need to chase up biblibre and bywater to hit the donate button, so we can pay the deposit :-)
18:19 Brooke I'll get right on it Chris :D
18:19 brendan how much is the deposit
18:19 brendan ?
18:19 chris bout 1knz
18:19 brendan deadline?
18:19 chris we are all set if either you or biblibre hit the button :-)
18:19 chris next couple of weeks
18:20 chris if not i can cover it
18:20 hdl_laptop chris_n: it is not a syspref.
18:20 chris or i can get work too
18:20 brendan ok marking in on my calendar now - as to not forget
18:21 chris thanks :-)
18:21 cait joined #koha
18:22 chris bbiab breakfast time for the kid
18:22 chris_n hdl_laptop: I have no rules defined and yet am still limited by this constraint
18:22 chris_n it seems that this should default to unlimited
18:22 cait hi #koha
18:22 brendan hi cait
18:22 brendan @wunder 93117
18:22 munin brendan: The current temperature in Northwest Goleta, Goleta, California is 10.6�C (10:18 AM PST on February 09, 2010). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: 8.0�C. Pressure: 29.94 in 1013.8 hPa (Rising). Flash Flood Watch in effect in and below the recent burn areas from 10 am PST this morning through this evening...
18:23 cait hibrendan
18:23 imp @wunder hannover germany
18:23 munin imp: The current temperature in Hannover, Wedemark, Germany is -4.6�C (6:59 PM CET on February 09, 2010). Conditions: Light Snow. Humidity: 78%. Dew Point: -8.0�C. Windchill: -7.0�C. Pressure: 29.74 in 1007.0 hPa (Rising).
18:25 Brooke Okay, I think I might risk a spin to the sto'.
18:26 Brooke thanks everyone for the responses.
18:26 Brooke left #koha
18:32 chris_n hdl_laptop: found my problem: no circ rules == loan period of NULL == item is overdue as soon as it is checked out
18:32 chris_n at least that appears to be it
18:32 jwagner chris_n, I've been bitten by that one before :-(
18:33 chris_n yup another NULL
18:33 hdl_laptop oh... we have just catched that on our issuingrules improvments
18:33 chris_n most db fields should be NOT NULL imho
18:34 chris_n hdl_laptop: are those improvements in HEAD?
18:34 hdl_laptop should be for 3.4
18:37 gmcharlt implementing DBIx::Class is going to give us an excellent excuse to examine the entire schema
18:37 chris *nod*
18:37 hdl_laptop Sure... But do we ant to use DBIx::Class in Circulation ?
18:37 chris_n it would seem that adding a default rule to the mandatory or optional data might avoid heartache in 3.2
18:38 chris_n or a hint on the circ rule page
18:38 gmcharlt hdl_laptop: ultimately, yes, though I don't think we have
18:38 gmcharlt to convert the entire DB layer to DBIC for 3.4
18:39 chris nope, it can be done a piece at a time
18:39 chris borrowers is the first candidate
18:39 gmcharlt chris_n: I thought there was a hard-coded fallback
18:39 gmcharlt although sample data is better anyway
18:39 hdl_laptop chris_n: you'd better manage the undefined values at first in TooMany and GetLoanLength
18:40 chris C4::Members that is
18:40 hdl_laptop gmcharlt: there are GetLoanLength defaults to 21
18:41 cait hi hdl_laptop - did you get my email with the public key?
18:41 hdl_laptop yes. I will send you an email when I have added you
18:42 hdl_laptop have you not received an answer from me ?
18:43 cait hm no, I just wanted to ask, because I used my personal mail account to reply
18:43 cait or perhaps yes - I got your mail with instructions and software tips
18:44 schuster While I was actually getting my 3.2 installation up and running today!!! YEAHHH...  I noticed on one of the pages an error about mysql version - not being compatable - should I put that into a bug?
18:44 schuster pages as in doing the web installer on a fresh install.
18:44 gmcharlt - HEAD, installation
18:44 schuster OK - it finished, but evidently one of the calls for the sysprefs it didn't like.
18:44 gmcharlt the web instasller component, specfically
18:44 schuster yes.
18:45 chris an xslt one schuster ?
18:45 chris if so yes, i can confirm that, it needs to be reported as a bug
18:46 hdl_laptop cait: I was thinking about that one.
18:50 chris ok, bus time
18:50 chris bbl
18:50 schuster mandatory data added      * authorities_normal_marc21.sql     * class_sources.sql     * marc21_framework_DEFAULT.sql     * message_transport_types.sql     * sample_notices.sql     * stopwords.sql     * subtag_registry.sql     * sysprefs.sql       ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 217: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your My
18:51 gmcharlt schuster: is this HEAD or the 3.2-alpha tag?
18:51 schuster This came up on the Mandatory data added screen - after the sysprefs.sql note ERROR...  The installation completed.
18:51 rhcl joined #koha
18:51 schuster This is HEAD.
18:52 schuster I'm on Lenny, Mysql 5.10
18:54 schuster @bug 4145
18:54 munin schuster: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4145 enhancement, P5, ---,, NEW, Error during Installation
18:55 chris_n bbiab
18:55 cait hdl_laptop: it was really helpful, I hope I did it all right
18:56 chris_n left #koha
18:58 gmcharlt schuster: I've pushed a fix for bug 4145
18:58 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4145 enhancement, P5, ---,, NEW, Error during Installation
18:58 tomascohen left #koha
18:59 schuster whle we are discussing this  chris_n...  Last night to get around the PDF::API2:Simple - we had to do cpan Module::Install - and then the cpan PDF::API2::Simple
19:00 schuster Yeah...gmcharlt...  debian-lenny install instructions...
19:01 schuster So how does that get documented into the install instructions?  As you all know I'm not much of a committer/editor, just a finder...right now...  I'll get into git by the end of the year!
19:01 imp schuster: had the same problem with Module::Install
19:02 imp imho it's a missing dep in PDF::API2::Simple and not a problem of koha
19:04 schuster Well it becomes a koha install issue and needs to be documented for other non techies like me so they don't get stuck on it.  I've been working to install a version of koha for 2 weeks now and keep hitting walls due to lenny and dependancies.
19:04 schuster Not complaining, just commenting...
19:04 gmcharlt schuster: including libmodule-install-perl in the apt-get list would do it
19:04 gmcharlt either way, file a bug
19:05 imp let's see if somebody already made a bug report on cpan
19:06 schuster OK - well I did the libmodule-install-perl last night but still got stuck on the PDF::API2::Simple - they were talking about Module::Install wasn't standard any longer...???  masonj and chris_n could speak more to that than I.
19:06 schuster I'll search bugs to see what I find before doing anything.
19:07 IrmaCalyx joined #koha
19:13 Colin left #koha
19:17 bigbrovar hi guys I trying to install koha 3.0.5 on ubuntu 8.04 following this guide[…]uide_ubuntu_hardy everything seems to work fine but when I run mate test I get the following errors
19:18 schuster @4146
19:18 munin schuster: Error: "4146" is not a valid command.
19:19 schuster @bug 4146
19:19 munin schuster: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4146 major, P5, ---,, NEW, dependancies needed for installation
19:27 braedon|work joined #koha
19:27 chris_n joined #koha
19:33 joetho_away joined #koha
19:34 bigbrovar hi guys I trying to install koha 3.0.5 on ubuntu 8.04 following this guide[…]uide_ubuntu_hardy everything seems to work fine but when I run mate test I get the following errors
19:35 gmcharlt bigbrovar: is the  libyaml-perl      package installed?
19:36 braedon|work bigbrovar: i had that issue also - as gmcharlt says, it is the perl yaml library that is missing
19:37 braedon|work worked fine after i installed that
19:39 richard joined #koha
19:39 chris back
19:39 richard ooh chanel ops
19:39 richard hi chris
19:39 chris heya richard
19:40 brendan RE: translation manager (my update to the wiki)
19:40 brendan agrees with paul_p - a non-english speaking person is preferred - will leave this here if no one else decides that they want to do this position
19:40 joetho_away left #koha
19:41 gmcharlt brendan: cool - fredericd is still interested, so we'll vote him in tomorrow
19:42 gmcharlt pmlozeau: re your tweet - Koha bug reports must be filed very seriously.  Sackcloth and ashes make the best outfit.
19:42 chris pmlozeau: humour is more likely to make me want to work on a bug ... but ymmv :-)
19:42 bigbrovar gmcharlt: oh am already running make install is that too late?
19:43 bigbrovar or can I install  libyaml-perl after installations?
19:43 bigbrovar gmcharlt: .
19:43 gmcharlt yes, you can do it afterwards
19:43 bigbrovar gmcharlt: thanks
19:43 joetho who is/was qa for 32?
19:44 chris gmcharlt was doing both roles
19:44 joetho wow
19:44 chris and a mighty fine job he did too
19:44 chris finding qa people is hard
19:44 chris so we must be nice to Colin
19:44 bigbrovar gmcharlt: guess I could add  libyaml-perl as one of the needed pacakges in the wiki for UBuntu hardy
19:44 joetho the qa would have to get along pretty well with the rm
19:45 chris that would be good bigbrovar
19:45 gmcharlt bigbrovar: and if you're even more ambitious, could patch the ubuntu package list under install_misc as well ;)
19:45 joetho Galen seems to like Galen ok
19:45 chris joetho: yep thats fairly important
19:45 joetho most of the time anyway
19:45 chris the good thing is, everyone gets along with everyone well
19:45 chris everyone who is still in the community that is
19:45 joetho Uh huh.
19:45 joetho what a weird world this is.
19:46 joetho anyway, looking forward here.
19:46 chris 11 years in august, theres only 1 person ive ever had problems with .. i think it was a anomaly never to be repeated ;-)
19:46 joetho schuster --
19:47 joetho knock knock
19:47 chris ohh mean!!!
19:47 chris you just dekarma'd him
19:47 joetho are you installing ubuntu? I scrolled up and saw yer troubles
19:47 joetho I did?
19:47 chris schuster++
19:47 joetho how did I do that?
19:47 gmcharlt schuster++
19:47 chris the -- aftter someones nick
19:47 joetho so if I go...
19:48 chris i think the space might have saved him actaually
19:48 joetho yourname MINUS MINUS MINUS it takes away three points?
19:48 chris naw, minus minus only takes away 1... --- probably does nothing
19:48 joetho joetho-
19:48 chris and - does nothing too
19:48 joetho joetho--
19:48 munin joetho: Error: You're not allowed to adjust your own karma.
19:49 joetho "Oh Joe, no use beating yourself up over it"
19:49 pmlozeau gmcharlt: I'll make sure to be serious in all of my writings from now on ;)
19:49 gmcharlt pmlozeau++ # hee
19:49 pmlozeau chris: Ha ha! I knew that would help ;)
19:49 joetho gmcharlt++  ...for wearing the qa hat
19:50 chris joetho: we have scared off about 4 qa ppl in koha history, Colin is made of sterner stuff tho
19:50 joetho anyway I have been trying to install ubuntu for MONTHS now
19:50 chris and git makes it a hell of a lot easier too
19:50 joetho always something
19:51 braedon|work joetho: what version, onto what?
19:51 joetho mostly, I run out of time to troubleshoot so I end up starting over (ubuntu install
19:51 * chris goes debian for server, ubuntu for desktop .. but thats just my preference
19:51 Genji joined #koha
19:51 * braedon|work has had nothing but trouble with debian servers
19:52 joetho ubuntu here, and I think I will use the alphabeta newest koha available, but it ain't happenin THIS week
19:52 chris heh funny, i find debian stable, rock solid :)
19:53 braedon|work well, my issues have mainly been with debian, not the install itself
19:53 braedon|work one major one was when the debian repos decided to not work with apt
19:53 braedon|work which was very helpfull
19:54 braedon|work a huge range of packages would just refuse to download, complaining about a size missmatch
19:54 braedon|work download the packages from exactly the same ftp server manually, and they install fine
19:54 chris sounds like someone set up the repo badly to me
19:54 braedon|work never had any issues with apt on Ubuntu
19:54 chris ive never had issues with it on debian, but a bad repo will cause that :)
19:54 wizzyrea_laptop i 2nd the debian = rock solid argument
19:54 braedon|work it was on all mirrors of  an official debian repo
19:55 braedon|work (all mirrors i tried, including the main, and NZ mirrors)
19:55 chris of course ubuntu is just debian, with non free stuff :-)
19:55 braedon|work yip
19:55 braedon|work and better repo management :P
19:55 chris thats where you are wrong
19:55 chris its exactly the same
19:55 chris the exact same package management
19:56 braedon|work no, i'm meaning the human managemnt of the repositories
19:56 braedon|work i know the system is the same
19:56 braedon|work but the actual repos are different
19:56 chris ah, ive had plenty of bad ppa's
19:56 braedon|work :P
19:56 braedon|work but pps are the best invention ever :)
19:56 braedon|work ppa's*
19:56 chris when they work
19:56 chris :)
19:57 braedon|work anywho, better get back to work writing an install guide for koha on ubuntu :)
19:57 chris :)
19:57 chris you could set up a ppa for the non packaged perl modules
19:57 chris dh-make-perl will package them for ya
19:58 braedon|work hmm, that is an awesome idea
19:58 * braedon|work makes a mental note to look into that at some point
19:58 chris :)
19:59 * braedon|work has been getting rather frustrated with cpan
19:59 chris cpanplus is pretty cool too
19:59 richard braedon: seen this[…];f=INSTALL.ubuntu
20:00 braedon|work yipyip, that is the basis of the guide
20:00 braedon|work s/the/my/
20:00 chris wizzyrea_laptop: do you reckon we should put an development roles .. or elected roles or something section on koha-community
20:00 braedon|work well, for the actual installatio nsection
20:01 braedon|work i'm doing installation, configuration, data import, etc
20:01 chris where we can list the ppl doing what for 3.4 ? (and 3.2)
20:01 wizzyrea_laptop yes, I do, if that's not outside the scope of the site
20:01 wizzyrea_laptop (which I don't think it is
20:01 wizzyrea_laptop I think at this point we should probably consider it to be what will take over for when we get it back
20:01 chris just thought it might be handy to have a page with names and contact details
20:01 wizzyrea_laptop when/if
20:01 chris *nod*
20:01 Genji hey all
20:01 wizzyrea_laptop hey genji
20:02 wizzyrea_laptop but yea, we can make a page, probably under "About"
20:02 chris good idea
20:02 * wizzyrea_laptop likes to organize
20:02 gmcharlt or possibly part of a history of Koha page?
20:02 joetho When I first began looking at Koha I noticed that the web presence was, umm, ...scattered
20:02 chris we could do both
20:03 chris history section, and current ppl to pester page
20:03 chris ?
20:03 joetho this was maybe three years ago
20:03 wizzyrea_laptop Ah history! yes, that too
20:04 wizzyrea_laptop release teams?
20:04 wizzyrea_laptop not sure what to call it >.>
20:04 gmcharlt release teams works for me
20:04 chris yeah that works
20:05 chris wizzyrea_laptop: the history.txt file in git is tab separated text, with the idea being to make it easy to suck into an html table
20:05 Genji "bug wrangling expands to fill all available volunteers" i love this.
20:05 wizzyrea_laptop gmcharlt has a gift for words :)
20:06 wizzyrea_laptop ok, the dummies are in
20:06 wizzyrea_laptop just need the content, some of which I can get myself
20:06 Genji it reminds me of a sign i rescued from soemewhere... "Work expands to fill time available for its completion."
20:07 gmcharlt exactly my source of inspiration
20:07 wizzyrea_laptop but never contracts
20:07 wizzyrea_laptop >.<
20:07 Genji parkinsons law..
20:07 jwagner @quote add <@gmcharlt> from my POV, bug wrangling expands to fill all available volunteers
20:07 munin jwagner: The operation succeeded.  Quote #54 added.
20:09 braedon|work who is responsible for the new syspref editor?
20:09 * braedon|work wants to hug them
20:09 wizzyrea_laptop Pianohacker
20:09 gmcharlt braedon|work: that be pianohacker
20:09 wizzyrea_laptop if you were going to hit him we might not tell you >.>
20:10 braedon|work :)
20:10 braedon|work i shall have to hug him when he comes on
20:15 Genji want to run two zebra queries, and have them both shoved into the same results arrayhash. the current implementation of getRecords can do seperate server iterations, doing more than  one search at a time. but  it  puts each resultset in its own element of the resultarray hash. i want the two zebra queries combined into one resultshash, so the ofsetting subroutine can offset correctly.
20:15 Genji what values in the hash are independant of the actual results, that i have to account for the combining process? 'hits' is one correct? any others?
20:16 gmcharlt Genji: stupid question - just 'and' the queries together before submitting to Zebra?
20:16 gmcharlt or are they separate Zebra DBs
20:17 Genji same zebra db... almost the exact same query. but i need the first queries results to always come before the second queries results.
20:18 IrmaCalyx left #koha
20:18 gmcharlt what's the use case?
20:18 IrmaCalyx joined #koha
20:19 francharb left #koha
20:21 Genji, a digital only library, has made a marc field, a journal number. and a mysql table keeps tabs on which journals are released for download, and which are not. so, in advanced search, one can search for all journals, for downloadable only journals...  or non-downloadable journals. zebra gets  given a huge list of journals  not to have in the results. for all journals however...
20:22 Genji downloadable journals are mixed in with non-downloadable.
20:22 Genji my boss wants the downloadable journals to be at the top of the results.
20:23 gmcharlt my inclination would be to copy the download flag to the MARC bib
20:23 gmcharlt index the target subfield
20:23 gmcharlt and have Zebra take care of the indexing
20:23 gmcharlt and sorting
20:25 Genji yet, every time journals need to get their download flag updated... talking 40k articles so far, each article needs to get updated, that got modified.
20:25 gmcharlt ah, an article-level database?
20:25 Genji yah. each article is a biblio.
20:26 Genji so having a download flag in marc would take alot of cpu time and rl time to update..
20:26 gmcharlt anyway, to answer in terms of your original question, 'hits' is the only top-level key
20:27 Genji so its 'hits' and 'results'... and results i can just combine, and hits i can just add?
20:27 gmcharlt assuming that there's no possibility of overlap, yes
20:28 Genji well.. either a article is downloadable or its not.
20:28 gmcharlt mod a possible race condition
20:28 gmcharlt although that can probably be ignored in practice
20:30 Genji hmm... so i combine them as they come out of zoom::query, or after they come out of getRecords, or somewhere in the middle?
20:31 richard left #koha
20:32 jwagner left #koha
20:37 gmcharlt Genji: I recommend as close to zoom::query as possible
20:37 thd chris_n chris_n: are you there?
20:38 * chris_n checks
20:38 chris_n yes
20:38 chris_n :-)
20:39 thd what is a minimal enhancement?
20:39 richard joined #koha
20:40 chris_n thd: only an attempt to not shut a door I might have been sorry I shut later on
20:41 * gmcharlt has a suggestion - a "minimal enhancement" is one that can be readily forward-porting to HEAD
20:41 thd chris_n: is there an exception for possibly integrating biblios as had been in the original 3.2 plan?
20:41 gmcharlt it's not the size that matters so much as reducing the risk of losing features between a maintenance version and the master branch
20:42 chris biblios has a flaw in that it doesnt work at all with unimarc
20:42 gmcharlt it's also stability - unstable new features shoudn't be backported until they are stable
20:42 thd I might fix that flaw
20:42 chris_n gmcharlt: I wholly agree
20:43 chris thd: if that was fixed, it would be a perfect 3.4 candidate
20:43 thd gmcharlt: is biblios unstable?
20:43 gmcharlt thd: unstable?  it needs some TLC because of Google Gears, but no, I wouldn't call it unstable
20:43 cait isnt gears a problem too?
20:43 IrmaCalyx left #koha
20:43 thd gears is certainly a problem
20:44 gmcharlt though as shows, it hasn't been updated (exept perhaps outside of in yonks)
20:44 chris_n gears does not work with FF atm I think
20:44 chris it does with hackery
20:45 chris if you trick it into thinking its older firefox than it is
20:45 chris then it will
20:45 thd chris_n: I had wondered about the constant messages I get from iceweasel about that problem
20:45 chris yep
20:45 chris gears isnt getting much love
20:45 chris focus is on html5 and chrome
20:45 * chris_n finally yanked it on his ff
20:47 gmcharlt ccatalfo is more than happy to strip the gears dependency, but tspauling is keeping him pretty busy
20:47 chris *nod*
20:47 chris i met one of the librarything sysadmins at linux conf
20:47 thd tspauling?
20:47 chris_n thd: I think there are a lot of other questions, etc. about biblios which would have to be resolved before we can consider the possibility of an exception
20:47 chris im hoping to convince him (john dalton) to come over for kohacon (he is in sydney)
20:49 thd chris_n: I am simply thinking about how troublesome the limitations of the internal record editor are.
20:49 chris yep, i think we have to live with that for 3.2 at least in a mainstream supported version
20:49 chris_n I share your pain... or my catalogers do at least
20:49 chris but we should certainly aim to fix it for 3.4
20:49 chris you should talk to pianohacker about his cut down editor too
20:50 thd chris_n: I very much like the good aspects of the internal record editor which are a great credit to paul_p and had not received enough attention in biblios
20:51 gmcharlt thd: tspaulding = Tim Spaulding
20:53 thd chris_n: however, I have tried to do useful high volume record ending in  the internal record editor and found it unusable for that purpose.
20:54 thd thanks gmcharlt: I had assumed that was the correct name but missed the 'd' in spaulding and had not recognised it
20:57 rhcl Any idea how well Koha (and associatedly MySql) performs on a hex-core opteron? Some of my reading indicates that many apps can't really utilize all 6 cores efficiently
21:01 bigbrovar left #koha
21:05 chris more ram will win you much more than more cores
21:06 chris if however you are running zebra, apache2 and mysql on the same machine having more than 1 core will certainly help
21:12 brendan @wunder 93117
21:12 munin brendan: The current temperature in Northwest Goleta, Goleta, California is 10.8�C (1:09 PM PST on February 09, 2010). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 79%. Dew Point: 7.0�C. Pressure: 29.88 in 1011.7 hPa (Rising). Flash Flood Watch in effect in and below the recent burn areas from 10 am PST this morning through this evening...
21:14 rhcl looks like I can get two Xeon QC's for about the same price as 2 6-core Opterons
21:14 rhcl I suppose that would be good enough to run Koha
21:14 rhcl :)
21:15 chris_n` joined #koha
21:17 chris_n left #koha
21:17 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
21:34 chris
21:37 richard what a great day August 26 2003 was
21:37 * richard has no idea what he did
21:37 chris i can find out
21:37 richard prolly some html
21:38 richard is the cgi:irc blocked now?
21:38 chris yes sir
21:38 * Genji is the 33rd committer.
21:38 richard way cool
21:38 Genji yup, blocked last night.
21:38 chris added help page links
21:38 richard ah
21:38 Genji we had idiots in channel.
21:38 richard yup i was watching them for a bit
21:39 Genji ooh.. ya.. you messaged me.
21:39 mib_rm6fvt left #koha
21:43 chris_n bbl
21:43 * ebegin is wondering if anybody did an integration of VDX in Koha?
21:45 chris not that im aware of
21:49 ebegin ok.  Thanks Chris!
21:49 pmlozeau left #koha
21:49 imp does somebody know how to fix problems with Encode ? ->
21:51 chris is your sax parser the right one?
21:51 Nate left #koha
21:51 imp dev-perl/XML-SAX-0.96 ?
21:52 chris misc/
21:52 chris try running htat
21:52 chris (in your git repo, or tarball)
21:53 imp chris: thanks :). i've got  XML::SAX::PurePerl and it needs XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser
21:54 wizzyrea_laptop richard: would have been my birthday :P
21:54 richard heh
21:54 chris imp: ah yep, thats often the way, we have to fix that properly, thats the main blocker for getting koha into debian/ubuntu
21:55 imp it's gentoo here :)
21:56 chris well that too ;)
21:56 chris basically we shouldnt depend on a system wide preference
21:56 chris but for now, we do
21:57 imp chris++
21:59 Genji left #koha
21:59 Genji joined #koha
22:00 bigbrovar joined #koha
22:00 * braedon|work wonders if Pianohacker is deliberately avoiding his hug?
22:04 chris coffee time
22:05 cait time to sleep here :)
22:05 cait good night all
22:05 cait left #koha
22:16 bigbrovar hey guys thanks to the helps of people here I have been able to install koha 3.05 on my ubuntu server. The only problem am having now is how to log into the koha true a web browser. I am behind a firewall and mosts ports are called. hence http:kohaserveradd:8080 wont work. (because I installled it on an headless server hence I would have to connect from another machine)
22:18 bigbrovar I tried using port forwarding and tunneling by doing ssh -L 8080:localhost:8080 bigbrovar@kohip that doesnt work and I get this error channel 3: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused
22:22 schuster by all - maybe I'll get to play with git tonight we will see...  I have a couple of things that may need "submitting"... if I can figure it out.
22:22 schuster left #koha
22:24 rhcl ping wizzyrea_laptop
22:25 wizzyrea_laptop sup?
22:25 collum_ joined #koha
22:26 moodaepo @wunder 56001
22:26 munin moodaepo: The current temperature in South on Monks, Mankato, Minnesota is -4.7�C (4:20 PM CST on February 09, 2010). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 80%. Dew Point: -7.0�C. Windchill: -11.0�C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1019.9 hPa (Rising).
22:26 brendan @wunder 93117
22:26 munin brendan: The current temperature in Northwest Goleta, Goleta, California is 12.7�C (2:19 PM PST on February 09, 2010). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 67%. Dew Point: 7.0�C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011.1 hPa (Falling). Flash Flood Watch in effect in and below the recent burn areas from 10 am PST this morning through this evening...
22:26 chris crappy day here today
22:26 wizzyrea_laptop @wunder 66047
22:26 chris @wunder wellignton, nz
22:26 munin wizzyrea_laptop: The current temperature in Lawrence Live-Courtesy of the Khoury's, Lawrence, Kansas is -2.5�C (4:24 PM CST on February 09, 2010). Conditions: Haze. Humidity: 81%. Dew Point: -5.0�C. Windchill: -6.0�C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1022.9 hPa (Rising).
22:26 munin chris: Error: No such location could be found.
22:26 chris @wunder wellington, nz
22:26 munin chris: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 19.0�C (11:00 AM NZDT on February 10, 2010). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 68%. Dew Point: 13.0�C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa (Steady).
22:27 wizzyrea_laptop crappier here
22:27 wizzyrea_laptop :P
22:27 moodaepo brendan: Back to the normal! +7 && -7
22:27 brendan :)
22:27 wizzyrea_laptop moo always beats me though
22:27 rhcl wizzyrea: Did Jim  Minges actually go out to the KUDOS meeting (in person) last month?
22:28 wizzyrea_laptop yes, he did
22:28 rhcl ic
22:29 collum_ @wunder 41017
22:29 munin collum_: The current temperature in Taylor Mill, Taylor Mill, Kentucky is -1.4�C (5:22 PM EST on February 09, 2010). Conditions: Light Snow. Humidity: 91%. Dew Point: -3.0�C. Windchill: -4.0�C. Pressure: 29.75 in 1007.3 hPa (Rising). Winter Storm Warning in effect until 6 PM EST Wednesday...
22:32 bigbrovar ok my bad I forgot to add Listening 8080 to /etc/apache2/ports.conf everything works fine now .. phew!
22:32 bigbrovar Listen* 8080
22:32 rhcl wizzyrea: wonder when KUDOS will have a meeting in KC? Or Dallas? (where is schuster?)
22:33 chris schuster is near dallas
22:33 GenjiScreen ah neat, irssi  works well.
22:36 rhcl Tulsa and OKC are about halfway between KC and DFW, wonder when Oklahoma libraries will start getting into Koha?
22:36 chris i suspect lots of US libraries are waiting to see how this PTFS-LL thing shakes out
22:36 chris but generally the answer is, when their existing contract ends :-)
22:37 rhcl yea on both comments
22:40 braedon|work left #koha
22:41 Genji ah.. getRecords goes through each record, and adds the raw to the resultshash. if i just move the my  resultshash and $j outside the loop... and have another loop for the second query... my raw results will be added to the resultshash... yay1
22:41 Genji !
22:44 braedon|work joined #koha
22:44 * braedon|work somehow managed to kick the power switch on the wall under his desk...
22:44 Genji ...
22:45 * braedon|work hopes his local virtual server isn't broken
22:46 Genji had that happen to me. a rsync fixed most of the damage.
22:47 braedon|work phew, everything seems to be alright
22:47 braedon|work only lost a bit of firefox history :)
22:47 Genji i had bad inodes and binary getting inside text files.
22:47 braedon|work ouch
22:51 Genji hmm.. actually.. think i  might of had to rebuild the entire devel server...  can't remember all that well.
22:52 Genji lesson... make backups of your VM.
22:53 braedon|work it wouldn't actually have been an issue if it was broken, so long as it was only internal - not virtualbox issues
22:53 braedon|work i am planning on rolling it back to a older snapshot later today
22:54 braedon|work (i have plenty of those - running out of HDD space :P)
22:55 Genji oh. and if you can't afford a ups... use a laptop. :)
23:03 chris im unusre what darrell was asking, i hope i answered him ok
23:03 chris "will this make it hard for people to maintain proprietary forks"
23:04 chris "i damn well hope so"
23:20 moodaepo proprietary_forks--
23:20 * chris_n wonders why we waited until now to discuss the 3.4 plans
23:21 chris_n the proposal has been up for at least 2 months
23:21 chris yeah
23:21 chris ah well, im glad he is happy with it, just seemed like a funny question to ask
23:24 collum_ Is there a way for catalogers to merge authority records in koha?
23:25 chris there have been, lemme see if there currently is
23:25 chris 2 secs
23:25 collum_ ok
23:29 chris yup there is
23:30 chris but damned if i can find the link to it
23:30 chris there is cataloguing/
23:30 imp Can't call method "leader" on an undefined value at /root/koha/C4/ line 1149. (if i try to search for the title from this record:
23:30 collum_ Ahh. For some reason I couldn't find it.
23:30 chris yeah i cant find it in the interface
23:30 chris i wonder how you get to it
23:31 chris i can see the file in the repo
23:32 chris ah ha
23:32 chris Give the user the ability to merge two records, one being kept and the other deleted. Selection of the records to merge can be done from virtualshelves.
23:33 chris so you add some records to a virtualshelf/list
23:33 collum_ OK.  I'll play with it.  Thanks chris.
23:34 collum_ If I'm ever to sell Koha to my co-workers this is definitely one thing they will want.
23:34 chris then you can go to the lists page, and now i get the option to merge
23:34 collum_ cool

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary