IRC log for #koha, 2023-02-22

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
01:53 mtj hi tcohen, about re bz 32994 ?
04:42 mtj ..short version, both patches are required :)
05:26 dcook mtj++
05:27 dcook Now if only time would slow down so that I could test and QA all the things...
05:33 mtj we need to tell ./build-resources.PL that we are a prod/dev install
05:37 mtj
05:37 mtj i recently spotted this ^
05:37 mtj https://chromium.googlesource.[…]/v0.4.4/
05:38 mtj
05:38 mtj ^ better link :)
05:39 mtj ive found it helpful to correct some of my bad bash habits 🤓
06:08 reiveune joined #koha
06:09 reiveune hello
06:16 fridolin joined #koha
06:41 mtj hi reiveune
06:41 mtj
06:42 mtj ^ oops, does this look wronky to others?
07:00 Joubu yes nav menu is too width
07:20 thibaud_g joined #koha
07:20 ashimema Morning
07:50 cait joined #koha
07:52 alex_ joined #koha
07:54 alex_ Bonjour
07:59 cait good morning #koha
08:03 cait1 joined #koha
08:14 mtj hi europe
08:20 mtj i thought it might be time for me to finish-up that jenkins tar build 🤔
08:57 ashimema cait
08:57 ashimema I think I finally have the notes building again
08:58 ashimema PERL5LIB was giving me the run around it seems..
09:02 cait1 nice!
09:02 cait1 ashimema++
09:06 Joubu prove t/db_dependent/www/auth_values_input_www.t
09:06 Joubu Is this passing in ktd? It's failing for me
09:06 Joubu KOHA_INTRANET_URL is not
09:06 Joubu is that just me?
09:11 cait1 my ktd is not the super latest - would it still help to run it?
09:12 Joubu yes
09:12 cait1 give me a moment
09:13 cait1
09:15 Joubu hum, thanks, what I am getting as well
09:15 Joubu but jenkins is green...
09:22 cait1 hm not running the www tests or knowing something we don't know?
09:25 Joubu it's coming from ktd's latest changes. I let a comment on #335
09:26 magnuse talking of ktd... i just did "git pull", "ktd pull" and "ku". now when i try to "git bz attach
09:27 magnuse " i get "NameError: global name 'host' is not defined"?
09:27 magnuse the .env file looks unchanged
09:31 Joubu koha user?
09:32 magnuse oops, looks like i am root
09:32 magnuse how did that happen?
09:34 magnuse this works: "koha-shell -c "git bz attach -e 29449 HEAD" kohadev"
09:35 fridolin left #koha
09:40 magnuse paulderscheid[m], domm[m]: example of the Alex plugin in action:[…]iblionumber=90504 The picture and text below "More searches" is provided by the plugin
09:41 paulderscheid[m] Good stuff!
09:42 paulderscheid[m] Goes on my list for adoption.
09:55 mtj magnuse++ very nice 🥂
09:56 magnuse mtj: thanks, but it's not my plugin :-)
10:05 mtj liked and subscribed
10:37 cait1 magnuse: you should automatically be the koha user now when you do ktd --shell
10:37 cait1 where does Alex pull its data from?
10:38 ashimema huh
10:42 magnuse cait1: but not when i do kshell?
10:43 cait1 i think nothing happens now when i do kshell
10:43 magnuse cait1:
10:44 magnuse cait1: "ktd --shell" gives me "Error: No such container: koha-koha-1"
10:44 magnuse kshell logs me in as root
10:44 * magnuse needs food
10:44 cait1 hm kshell doesn't do anything for me anymore
10:44 cait1 maybe you have an alias I don't?
10:46 cait1 ... food sounds good
11:04 * ashimema just had cake and coffee
11:04 ashimema brain is better now
11:05 cait1 hmm cake.
11:07 ashimema black bannana cake.. Nikki makes it.. I'm sooo lucky to have her 🙂
11:07 Joubu black? lot of chocolate?
11:08 Joubu no, don't tell me, I don't want to know
11:08 ashimema haha
11:08 ashimema older bannana's, i.e going brown.. and dates rather than chocolate
11:09 ashimema it's dark.. no black.. just called black
11:19 oleonard ashimema: I would call that "banana bread," is that a different thing?
11:23 ashimema we have both.. one has sugar the other not so much I think?
11:24 * ashimema likes both
11:24 cait joined #koha
11:24 ashimema my banana bread recipe certainly tastes different and is of a different texture too.
11:24 ashimema but yeah.. I can see the similarity
11:24 oleonard Gotcha
11:25 * ashimema does a banana bread with yeah and wholemeal flower.. it's more.. erm.. chewy/springy and a little less sweet
11:25 ashimema s/yeah/yeast
11:26 ashimema the cake uses plain flour and baking powder
11:26 * ashimema is easily distracted today
11:33 * oleonard refrains from talking about carrot cake
11:34 * ashimema salivates
11:40 tcohen hola #koha o/
11:40 * tcohen is caffeine low
11:50 tcohen Joubu: is the problem present in stable?
11:51 tcohen bug 22678
11:51 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=22678 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dcook, RESOLVED FIXED, Set 'Koha::Logger' as the default mojo logger for the REST API
11:55 Joubu 22.11
11:55 Joubu I haven't tried, but I don't see why it wouldn't
11:57 tcohen I wasn't sure if it was in 22.11
11:57 tcohen :-D
11:58 tcohen thanks
12:18 alex_ joined #koha
12:28 mtj hi cait1, did you get your ktd/kshell problem sorted?
12:28 mtj ^ magnuse too :
12:30 mtj i wonder about a plan to slowly swap a/some unreliable selenium tests with cypress
12:32 davewood hi, I want to use C4::Biblio::DelBiblio but since the biblio has items I get the warning "This Biblio has items attached, please delete them first before deleting this biblio" ... I am now trying to find out how to delete the associated items.
12:35 Joubu Koha::Biblios->find(42)->items->delete
12:35 Joubu wait
12:35 Joubu that's... destructive
12:35 Joubu it won't move them to the deleteditems table
12:36 Joubu there is a safe_delete method if you want to move them
12:38 magnuse mtj: no, didn't look more into it yet
12:39 akilsdonk joined #koha
12:39 phasefx joined #koha
12:40 davewood Joubu: 'move them' means to the deleted* tables I assume. I am looking to "delete" the items in a way that fits whatever DelBiblio does. Would it make sense to add a --delete-items param to AddBiblio
12:41 davewood or add a DelItem function equal to DelBiblio
12:42 Joubu DelItem has been removed, and replaced by Koha::Item->move_to_deleted and ->delete
12:42 kidclamp bug 32804 could use a bump
12:42 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32804 critical, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Importing and replacing items causes inconsistency when itemnumber match and biblio match disagree
12:43 Joubu you want to loop over $biblio->items and call $item->move_to_deleted; $item->delete;
12:45 davewood Joubu: thank you! for the record ... how would I find out how to do that properly other then asking here in IRC and being blessed with a responsive community?
12:45 davewood is there a resource im missing is the underlying question
12:49 Joubu davewood: I would have searched for "DelItem" in the git log, then found "Bug 23463: Remove DelItem"
12:49 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=23463 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, CLOSED FIXED, Move C4::Items CRUD subroutines to Koha::Item
12:49 Joubu and see there the DelItem replaced by the 3 lines I gave you
12:50 Joubu but it's always good to come and ask here, it's a good opportunity to say hi ;)
12:50 bill-k[m] joined #koha
12:51 davewood I dont mind that at all i just dont want to be disruptive with issues that I can handle by myself.
12:52 Joubu (almost) always happy to help!
12:56 bill-k[m] I have a bit of a two-fold question both related to serving a video in Koha. A library that I'm volunteering to help me maintain is trying to serve videos to be viewable in browser. As of right now with the way that it is configured it looks like when we click link to resource it is going to our AWS bucket directly and leaving the Koha site... (full message at <[…]EBdwKSZcdesRfdgdB>)
12:59 cait1 mtj: all good here, was commenting on magnuse' issue
13:01 cait1 davewood: there is I think, but not sure how current it is
13:01 cait1 I would probably have gone to Koha::Item looking at the object methods
13:01 cait1 or... starting in a script where items are deleted seeing what that does
13:02 lukeg joined #koha
13:02 cait1 bill-k[m]: i know this is possible for youtube videos... there are some prefs to give you a viewer in Koha
13:02 cait1 let me have a look
13:03 cait1 HTML5MediaYouTube
13:03 davewood cait1: good input, but with Koha there is always a bit of a mystery involved 'what i think is the right way to do things' VS actual-best-practice. :)
13:04 cait1 davewood: true in part
13:04 cait1 davewood: I was wondering - the geographic search is still waiting for sign-off - do you have any update on that?
13:05 davewood cait1: i fowarded your question to our signal group and get back to you asap.
13:05 cait1 bill-k[m]: I am not sure if it's possible with anything but Youtube right now - probably not because you need some kind of viewer to run the video
13:05 cait1 not urgent - but thx!
13:05 tcohen mtj: around?
13:05 cait1 I was just wondering if you were still working on it maybe, expecting the library woudl sign-off
13:07 tcohen mtj: I need to check with you about the build process, what OS base.tgz you're using, etc
13:07 mtj hi tcohen
13:07 bill-k[m] @cait1 Alright thank you! I saw an enhancement request to add some more, but wasn't sure if there was anything else that existed. Do you have any idea on the second part of that, having items generate a presigned url for aws instead of directly linking to the item in s3?
13:07 huginn bill-k[m]: I suck
13:08 bill-k[m] huginn: I doubt that!
13:08 huginn bill-k[m]: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
13:08 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
13:08 cait1 huginn is a bot, they react to the @
13:08 huginn cait1: downloading the Perl source
13:08 cait1 so you can ignore those comments
13:08 cait1 wahanui @botsnack cookie
13:08 wahanui thanks cait1 :)
13:09 cait1 the developer who did the youtube one is no longer around, I am not aware of any plans to extend it
13:09 cait1 I think it would embed the youtube player component somehow - so not sure how easy you can implement self hosted, maybe well possible, but it's not something  I have ever looked into - someone else might have an idea
13:10 oleonard We don't need a YouTube link to embed video anymore
13:11 oleonard We've got HTML5 embedding working in some places
13:11 oleonard Bug 8377
13:11 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8377 new feature, P5 - low, ---, mirko, CLOSED FIXED, Show HTML5 video/ audio for media files in OPAC and staff client
13:13 marcelr joined #koha
13:13 marcelr o/
13:14 marcelr Joubu: I can change status to SO on 33020 ?
13:14 cait1 oleonard++ :)
13:15 Joubu marcelr: I don't have time to retest right now, and if you think it's ok please do
13:15 cait1 ah i see my mistake, i searched the prefs for video, html5 brings them all up
13:15 Joubu but I didn't change the config, only checked out an old commit and I got the trace
13:15 Joubu not on master
13:16 cait1 bill-k[m]: ^
13:16 bill-k[m] https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/HTML5_Media_RFC
13:16 bill-k[m] Would this be implemented and working then? It reads like it might be a feature plan and not yet implemented
13:18 marcelr Joubu: will do, tested a few levels
13:18 marcelr default is warn
13:18 marcelr remember that mojo had a trace default in dev mode or so
13:19 Joubu I didn't change anything between my checkout..
13:20 cait1 bill-k[m]: it links to the bug oleonard found at the top which is marked closed
13:20 cait1 there is also an example record on that bug - that might help also the test plans
13:23 Joubu Me writting 40 days ago "We need this ASAP for 22.11."... lol
13:23 bill-k[m] Awesome, will see if we can get something going with this. Thank you for the help!
13:46 marie-luce joined #koha
13:51 caroline Did I imagine that we stopped using the term "fines"? I thought we used "charge" now or "fee"? I can't find it in the terminology list, so I'm wondering if I dreamt that part
13:55 oleonard caroline: Maybe in some places? My understanding was that "fine" is specific to late fees and that other terms might be more general
13:55 magnuse joined #koha
13:57 caroline I think I thought that because at one point the 'Fines' tab became 'Accounting' and 'Pay fines' became 'Make a payment', etc. because a lot of libraries don't have fines anymore, but have other types of charges
13:58 caroline I probably imagined a larger directive
13:59 ashimema to me, a fine is one type of charge
13:59 ashimema I would say the general collective sohuld be 'charges'
14:01 caroline I was thinking in this case for example, 'Pay an amount towards all fines' should be 'towards all charges' no?
14:01 ashimema I would totally take that as a patch 🙂
14:01 ashimema yes.. 100% agree with you on that one
14:03 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:03 tcohen +1
14:03 caroline But I can't find an official source to support my claim (aka terminology list), so...
14:04 tcohen oleonard++ # dart-sass
14:04 caroline should I add it to a dev meeting for a vote? how does it work?
14:04 cait caroline: +1 from me also
14:04 cait caroline: we shoudl add it, maybe add to meetin gagenda? quick one :)
14:05 cait I wonder if someone could give me a hand on writing tests for bug 32548
14:05 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32548 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, NEW , Make illrequestattributes easily available to ILL notices
14:06 cait i have the patch, it's tested and working, but the unit tests have me scratching my head...
14:06 caroline mext meeting?
14:06 cait next meeting?
14:06 wahanui rumour has it next meeting is https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings
14:06 caroline right, thanks cait!
14:08 cait it loosk like there are current tests, but they don't seem to use the notice template... but mock it? so I am not sure how to add the new info to the test
14:10 cait patch attached - if someone wants to have a look
14:30 cait hm trying to dump my database in ktd, but failing
14:30 cait i tried with the koha and the root user
14:30 cait mysqldump: Got error: 2002: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)" when trying to connect
14:30 cait mysqldump -u koha_kohadev -p koha_kohadev
14:30 cait verified connection data in koha-conf.xml too
14:31 Joubu -h db
14:32 cait hm doesn't seem to know -h
14:32 cait gives me the usage back
14:32 cait mysqldump -u koha_kohadev -p -h koha_kohadev ?
14:34 cait I read it that the db is the last param after the options and -p can be used without 'content' so you do't have it in history
14:35 Joubu you need to pass the dbms server, which is named "db"
14:36 cait that definitely makes more sense
14:36 Joubu mysqldump -h db -u user -ppass db_name
14:36 Joubu something like that
14:36 cait yes, that looks good
14:36 cait now i just need to remember to actually reroute that into a file too :)
14:37 cait Joubu++
14:38 Joubu can we trade karma for PQA?
14:39 cait not easily right now, I try to make time, but it slips away...
14:39 ashimema lol
14:39 ashimema Sorry.. I'm falling behind on my QA at the moment..
14:40 ashimema having said that.. my ratio's are still better than the majority out there 😜
14:40 marcelr ashimema++ you ask for it :)
14:41 marcelr numbers are just numbers
14:41 Joubu I think I will simply bribe the RM and offer him beers at the hackfest
14:41 Joubu that's how it always worked, right?
14:42 marcelr unfortunately
14:43 cait ... doesn't lke beer
14:43 Joubu you are not RM
14:44 Joubu RM can skip QA :D
14:44 ashimema lol
14:44 cait ... disrespect.
14:45 marcelr we need a fast self_qa path
14:45 cait mutiny.
14:56 * ashimema has been recently scarred by the lack of QA in another project...  Painful as it might be sometimes slow QA is waaaay better than no qa
15:01 cait thx ashimema :)
15:01 cait at least some of my crew...
15:04 fred joined #koha
15:08 caroline Is the dev meeting later today or now?
15:09 Joubu in ~7 hours
15:10 caroline ok thx!
15:12 caroline Not sure why, the google calendar in my thunderbird shows it as now, but if I go to my google calendar, it shows as later today, hence my confusion
15:18 cait oh i had 16:00 too
15:18 cait I think tuxayo fixed/changed it
16:00 oleonard joined #koha
16:18 cait Joubu: commented on bug 31056 - can you check again please?
16:18 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=31056 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Signed Off , Unable to 'Close and export as PDF' a basket group
16:18 cait I think basketgroup.js is dead code
16:18 cait apart from that one function
16:19 cait oleonard: maybe you could confirm? it appears to be a side efect of removing YUI
16:19 oleonard I will look
16:19 cait thanks!
16:22 tcohen hi all, hope you saw my message on koha-devel and are not struggling with ktd today
16:22 tcohen (i.e. sass related)
16:30 cait thx for the heads up :)
16:34 PedroAmorim[m] hi yes thank you
16:38 kidclamp joubu++
17:14 tcohen Joubu++ # taking care of things for the team
17:14 tcohen ashimema++ # always
17:14 tcohen cait++ # even if grumpy about the QA speed
17:15 cait I am one person, the QA team is many people...
17:15 cait I can only beg, remind and nudge - I can't force anyone
17:15 ashimema Hugs all round
17:15 ashimema tcohen++
17:15 cait but even if that sounded grumpy - you know I love you all
17:17 tcohen we know :-D
17:18 cait tcohen: maybe you should stop stealing my QA people for other tasks :P
17:21 tcohen <.< ?
17:21 cait ?
17:21 tcohen need a clarification m'am
17:22 tcohen I'm not stealing, I'm the RM, they are all mine
17:22 tcohen hahaha
17:22 cait just referring to the comment about Joubu and ashimema :)
17:22 cait lol
17:22 tcohen well, there's a bunch of Vue related things in the queue
17:23 tcohen that require some KTD and misc4dev interventions
17:23 tcohen which we almost finished
17:24 tcohen boo, I depleted my 4g data plan. I now need to rely on the sloooooooow wifi for a ktd pull
17:35 cait left #koha
17:49 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted "Joubu: there" (4 lines) at
17:50 tcohen we can now merge and add it to misc4dev
17:51 tcohen PedroAmorim[m]: ktd pull
17:51 tcohen and ktd will be capable of running cypress out of the box
17:56 oleonard I seem to have issues again today with git and ownership...
17:56 oleonard I thought that was all fixed...
17:56 tcohen it should, oleonard
17:56 tcohen is your clone clean?
17:56 tcohen no node_modules?
17:59 oleonard tcohen: No node_modules before ktd up?
18:01 tcohen the clone should not contain a node_modules dir
18:05 cait joined #koha
18:12 tcohen mtj: sudo docker run       --volume=/home/tcohen/git/koha:/koha       --volume=/home/tcohen/tmp/debs:/debs       --privileged       --env VERSION=       --env RELEASE=master koha/koha-dpkg:master
18:18 PedroAmorim[m] tcohen++ #am I doing this right? =D
18:27 ashimema Are you using the perl build script in ktd.. it add node_modules
18:28 fridolin joined #koha
18:28 ashimema I didn't put that in it, but mtj added it.. I think we need to ensure people run just the yarn build bits and never yarn install
18:28 tcohen ashimema: what if we added an alias?
18:29 fridolin yellow
18:29 tcohen yarn_install => yarn install --modules-dir /kohadevbox/node_modules
18:29 tcohen or smth
18:29 ashimema Do we need one... Just some documentation is probably enough
18:29 ashimema 'yarn build' should do the trick right?
18:29 ashimema Just don't do build_dependancies.PL
18:30 ashimema As that runs install internally which really isn't needed when being run from inside ktd
18:30 ashimema Oh, that could work.. maybe
18:30 ashimema I'm out and about at the minute so can't think so well
18:32 tcohen I've been like that since I botted my workstation ashimema, no worries
19:02 reiveune bye
19:02 reiveune left #koha
21:25 bag joined #koha
21:47 tuxayo meeting in 10 min!
22:02 JesseM_ joined #koha
22:02 cait i am here
22:03 davidnind I am here too'
22:03 davidnind #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 22 February 2023
22:03 huginn Meeting started Wed Feb 22 22:03:33 2023 UTC.  The chair is davidnind. Information about MeetBot at
22:03 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
22:03 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_22_february_2023'
22:03 davidnind #info Agenda https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_22_February_2023
22:04 davidnind #chair cait tuxayo
22:04 huginn Current chairs: cait davidnind tuxayo
22:04 davidnind #topic Introductions
22:04 davidnind #info David Nind, New Zealand
22:04 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
22:04 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
22:05 tuxayo #info Victor Grousset, Tuxayo-Bibliotheksservice-Zentrum, France
22:05 tuxayo dcook sent apologies, can't be here due to schedule conflict.
22:05 cait tuxayo: new place of work? :)
22:06 tcohen <.<
22:06 tuxayo cait: I got subsidiaries everywhere and of all the legal kinds ;)
22:07 davidnind #topic Announcements
22:07 davidnind #chair tcohen
22:07 huginn Current chairs: cait davidnind tcohen tuxayo
22:08 davidnind #info Swedish Koha network user meeting 28-30 March 2023[…]en-i-vastmanland/
22:08 tcohen tuxayo has a new job
22:08 tuxayo XD
22:09 davidnind tuxayo++
22:09 tcohen I need to leave soon, anyone else has announcements to make
22:09 tcohen tuxayo++
22:09 cait not me
22:09 davidnind #topic Update from the Release manager (22.11)
22:09 tcohen Hi all :-D
22:10 davidnind We'll get straight into it 8-) (I have to leave 10 minutes before the scheduled end time, and it is late for some)
22:10 tcohen #info there are failing selenium tests in master. Please take a look and help fixing them. I've exhausted my bandwidth and I'm
22:10 tcohen #info behind my schedules with all the things :-D
22:11 tcohen #info There's been a recent push of breaking changes in how we handle compiled assets
22:11 tcohen #info it includes both the koha codebase, but also koha-misc4dev and ktd
22:11 tcohen make sure you are up to date with ktd and the codebaes
22:12 tcohen #info khall put together some cool stuff we published as koha-dpkg-docker
22:13 tcohen #info mtj is looking and working towards integrating package building in the test pipeline
22:13 tcohen that's all I had
22:13 davidnind #action There are failing Selenium tests in master, please take a look at fixing
22:13 davidnind thanks tcohen
22:14 davidnind #info koha-dpkg-docker[…]/koha-dpkg-docker
22:15 davidnind A lot of things happening, thanks everyone for making things happen!
22:15 davidnind #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
22:15 tcohen :-D
22:15 tcohen davidnind++
22:15 davidnind Not sure we have any Release Maintainers around, so moving on...
22:15 davidnind #topic Updates from the QA team
22:16 davidnind over to you cait
22:17 cait hm I'll cite the RM
22:17 cait #info  behind my schedules with all the things
22:17 cait #info queues are full, we need to find the time to process and test
22:17 cait Joubu communicated that there is a backlog for the ERM module that is kinda urgent
22:18 cait but there is also a lot of bugfixes waiting for stable, including some bad bugs as always
22:18 cait please make time to QA and sign off
22:18 cait things are never hopeless, but it's 3 months to release... so we need to get up to speed a bit more
22:18 cait #info queues are full, please all hands on deck - do QA!
22:19 cait done
22:19 davidnind thanks cait!
22:20 davidnind #topic KohaCon 2024 - start bidding process
22:20 davidnind Anyone here willing to do, or should I just ask on the mailing list for a volunteer?
22:20 cait tuxayo: you asked on the mailing list for a volunteer to manage the next steps, have you had any replies
22:20 cait ?
22:21 cait tuxayo already did that, but there wer eno replies on the list
22:21 tuxayo nope! :o
22:21 tuxayo I might have only asked on koha-devel!
22:21 tuxayo indeed :/
22:21 cait i think you did only koha-devel - was just looking for the mail in the koha archive
22:21 cait so shoudl we give it anothre go?
22:22 tuxayo Yes, I'll send to Koha general
22:22 cait and add to agenda in 2 weeks as well to make sure we have somene then?
22:22 tuxayo And resent to koha-devel
22:22 davidnind +1
22:24 davidnind #action tuxayo to post request for volunteer to organise the call for bids for KohaCon 2024
22:24 davidnind thanks tuxayo
22:24 davidnind #topic Status of roadmap projects
22:24 cait shoudl we jump over roadmap tonight?
22:24 cait #link[…]p_for_Koha_v23.05
22:25 davidnind Happy to so we can get through the actions from previous meetings....
22:25 tuxayo action done :P
22:25 davidnind #topic Actions from last meeting
22:26 cait I didnt find a good spot for the note yet
22:26 cait i'll add it to my todo now so I'll remember to do it until next time
22:26 davidnind cait++
22:26 davidnind #action cait add info about the 'important' tag to RMaint documentation
22:27 davidnind tcohen?
22:27 wahanui tcohen is DO IT WITH THE REST API!
22:27 tuxayo lol
22:27 davidnind lol
22:27 tcohen not much to add about the roadmap
22:27 tuxayo API++
22:27 tcohen there's been a positive call betwen the RM and InLIbro to unlock some dev
22:28 cait that's cool :)
22:28 davidnind excellent
22:28 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
22:28 tuxayo oh, nice
22:28 cait tcohen++ inlibro++
22:28 tuxayo tcohen++ inlibro++
22:28 tcohen the bug tree is exciting for the 23.05 release
22:28 cait tcohen To schedule/call a "CSRF day" to work on related patches together (previously deferred until after the 22.11 release). ?
22:28 tcohen Theke has provided a lot of items/biblios/authorities endpoints for the next release
22:28 tcohen and InLibro had shared interests
22:29 tcohen about CSRF, ashimema and I need to talk  about it and set a time and dat efor that
22:29 tcohen hopefully before the hackfest so we can focus on other things in Marseille
22:29 cait tcohen To draft proposal for master→main change and draft of action list (previously deferred until after the 22.11 release).
22:29 davidnind #action tcohen To schedule/call a "CSRF day" to work on related patches together
22:31 cait any update on the main/master change?
22:32 cait I think oleonard's and joubu's need to get postponed for next time too
22:32 cait ok?
22:32 davidnind #action tcohen To draft proposal for master→main change and draft of action list
22:32 tuxayo #action oleonard ashimema Draft in the developer handbook how to form our modals. With template of a simple case and a case with form inside. Update: focus is currently on staff interface redesign changes, see the draft style guide:[…]-styleguide-draft (previously deferred until after the 22.11 release).
22:32 davidnind beat me to it!
22:32 tuxayo #action tuxayo postpone to next meeting "Joubu we need to vote on forgejo move at some point"
22:33 davidnind Thanks!
22:33 tuxayo yw :)
22:33 davidnind #topic General development discussion
22:33 cait anyone knows about the "security releases" agenda item?
22:34 davidnind Anyone able to talk to the security releases item?
22:34 davidnind Otherwise, I will add to the next agenda
22:34 tcohen mtj had an idea
22:34 tcohen mtj: around?
22:34 tuxayo mtj said they were close to getting it working a few weeks ago
22:35 tuxayo That's the only factor: having someone managing to do it, otherwise it's 100% needed.
22:35 davidnind Without knowing any details, I would say go for it if it helps minimise issues/improve things (and if the release manager is OK with it!)
22:36 tuxayo That's always a stress and a technical hassle to get all RMaints to run locally the test suite
22:37 tcohen I can explain
22:37 tuxayo And last time it wasn't done and some branch had a major breakage
22:37 tcohen the thing is, when we are about to make a security release
22:37 tcohen rmaints push to a secure (i.e hidden from public scruntiny) repository
22:38 tcohen the problem mtj proposes to solve is that we really want to run the full test suite on those hidden branches
22:38 tcohen but we cannot leak the commits until we announce the release (i.e. packages are built, announcement made, etc)
22:39 tcohen we really need to build the same we have for the rest of the branches but on ly visible for some selected users (rmaints, QA team maybe)
22:39 tcohen so we are sure the security release doesn't introduce regressions
22:39 tcohen so, yeah
22:39 tcohen we need to define where, how
22:40 tcohen and we've got mtj volunteer
22:40 cait mtj++
22:40 davidnind mtj++
22:40 tcohen mtj++
22:40 tuxayo and who already explored the thing a long time ago, mtj++
22:41 tuxayo But I didn't got to know what were the last blockers.
22:41 davidnind #info mtj to add security builds to Jenkins so that the full test suite is run, to help avoid regressions and issues with security releases - to work through details with tcohen, Release Maintainers, and others interested
22:41 davidnind Is that an OK summary?
22:42 tuxayo from what I undestand of the topic, yes :)
22:43 davidnind Thanks tcohen for the update and explanation!
22:43 davidnind Anyone on Perltidy, or shall we defer that one? I did see some discussion, but it is over my head..
22:43 cait I added it, but maybe easier with some more peopl earound
22:44 cait we ask people to perltidy things, but have some conflicting information about which perltidy config to use
22:44 tcohen yeah, I think we need to come up with something to put on the guidelines
22:44 tuxayo #action tuxayo postpone perltidy agenda item and mention bug 30002 for context
22:44 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30002 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Remove unused xt/perltidyrc
22:45 davidnind #info Perltidy - need to resolve conflicting information about what to do and put in guidelines
22:46 davidnind caroline around to talk to the terminology item, unless anyone else wants to comment?
22:46 caroline I'm here
22:47 tuxayo hi!
22:47 caroline I thought I remembered we changed the terminology for fines to 'Charge', but it seems I imagined it
22:47 cait no you are right
22:48 cait we renamed in the OPAC too
22:48 caroline I talked about it here earlier this morning, and people who were around seemed to agree that 'fine' is a type of 'charge'
22:48 cait I think fine is only used for 'punishing' things
22:48 cait charges is more neutral
22:48 cait so charges cover fines and all other things
22:48 cait like a hold fee
22:48 caroline This is an example where I would think it should be changed to charge (or fee)
22:48 cait fines and fees = charges ? davidnind?
22:49 caroline a lot of libraries are moving away from fines too, so it would make sense to change the terminology
22:49 cait i think it's not about renaming fines to charges
22:49 davidnind yes, I agree - charges is the "higher" term, fines and fees are a subset of these
22:50 cait but everywhere we have displays that are for both, use charges
22:50 caroline yes this ^
22:50 davidnind +1
22:51 caroline it seems to be a consensus, to we need to vote?
22:51 cait i think we can do without
22:52 cait but maybe someone to add it to terminology?
22:52 caroline you can action me, I'll do it tomorrow
22:53 davidnind #action caroline Update/add terminology guidelines for usgage of charges and fees as discussed
22:53 davidnind Thanks everyone!
22:53 davidnind caroline++
22:53 caroline thanks davidnind!!
22:53 davidnind cait++
22:53 caroline thanks davidnind++ (it's late)
22:53 tcohen davidnind++
22:54 davidnind any other items before we close?
22:54 caroline see you all tomorrow/later!
22:54 davidnind #topic Set time of next meeting
22:54 davidnind It's already set, so will just add...
22:55 tuxayo "09 March 2023, 15 UTC"
22:55 tuxayo from the logs
22:55 tuxayo #info Next meeting: 09 March 2023, 15 UTC
22:55 davidnind thanks tuxayo!
22:55 tuxayo so now for this time slot, in 4 weeks
22:56 davidnind as we don't seem to have much attendance, shall we give it one last shot?
22:56 tuxayo Same time? (dcook confirmed it worked for them (9am local))
22:56 davidnind OK with me
22:57 cait it's late here - so I am biased :)
22:57 cait 11pm
22:57 davidnind cait++ for staying up so late to attend!
22:57 tcohen 8pm here, but the kids are demanding :-D
22:57 tuxayo "shall we give it one last shot"
22:57 tuxayo Good question to continue with this time slot. yes, at least once. It's odd we don't have people from north america. Because the other timeslot it out of workhours for them.
22:58 tuxayo I'll retry to directly advertise the meeting to people at bywater.
22:58 cait I am owl... 6 am would be worse :)
22:58 davidnind OK, will see how we go next time
22:58 davidnind Thanks tuxayo
22:58 davidnind #endmeeting
22:58 huginn Meeting ended Wed Feb 22 22:58:56 2023 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
22:58 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-02-22-22.03.html
22:58 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]3-02-22-22.03.txt
22:58 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]22-22.03.log.html
22:59 tuxayo davidnind++
22:59 tuxayo thanks for chairing.
22:59 davidnind Thanks everyone for attending and participating!
22:59 tuxayo So the 22th of march for next next meeting?
23:00 tuxayo It should be noted here so it's easy to find in two weeks.
23:01 davidnind sorry, I missed adding - seems fine to me with that date and this time
23:01 tuxayo #info The meeting after this is scheduled for 22 March 2023, 22:00 UTC
23:01 davidnind tuxayo++
23:05 davidnind caroline++ for volunteering to do the KohaCon24 bidding
23:05 cait caroline++!
23:05 cait good night all!
23:06 tuxayo caroline++
23:06 davidnind night/evening/morning everyone!
23:07 tuxayo see you all, have to cook now >_<
23:09 tuxayo (there is a slight ambiguity that one or two people fell for me inventing factitious entities/workplaces for meetings[…]3-02-22#i_2350209 , I could just be confused though)
23:16 dcook tuxayo: Would've been there but when I confirmed by email I forgot I already had a booking for that time
23:17 tuxayo dcook: yes, I relayed your message at the beginning.
23:17 dcook Thanks :)

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary