IRC log for #koha, 2023-02-16

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:05 tcohen show
00:13 cait joined #koha
00:13 mtj paulderscheid[m]: curious, whats the problem with node-sass? should we switch to something else?
00:20 oleonard-away mtj: "For 2 years now, LibSass and node-sass has been deprecated. A lot of reasons led the core team to this decision.
00:20 oleonard-away Above all, no functionality added since 2018 and a lack of support for new CSS features like calc()."
00:20 oleonard-away[…]ass-with-npm-3g3c
00:20 oleonard-away I don't know if paulderscheid[m] has other reasons
00:22 mtj aah makes sense
05:56 thibaud_g joined #koha
07:29 reiveune joined #koha
07:29 reiveune hello
07:49 cait joined #koha
07:53 cait1 joined #koha
07:57 cait1 new strings haven't dropped yet - waiting for the mess I created with my clean-up patches :)
07:57 lds joined #koha
08:05 alex_ joined #koha
08:06 alex_ Bonjour
08:08 magnuse_ joined #koha
08:27 ashimema morning #koha
08:43 magnuse_ anyone got a password manager they can recommend? suitable for a small company?
08:51 paulderscheid[m] My main reason is that node-sass has native bindings that break on aarch64. But it's also been deprecated for a couple of years, like oleonard already said. mtj
08:53 cait1 paulderscheid[m]: is there a bug yet?
08:55 paulderscheid[m] Nah, didn't get to it yet.
08:57 * paulderscheid[m] sent a code block:[…]FqbMlQlCPYYxdxYup
08:57 paulderscheid[m] * ```... (full message at <[…]tIQMEMxsLvlePCHpR>)
09:02 paulderscheid[m] In what category should I put this cait1? I think Architecture, internals and plumbing makes the most sense
09:02 paulderscheid[m] Should we add a category for dependency problems?
09:08 paulderscheid[m] It has been filed. bug 32978
09:08 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32978 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , 'npm install' fails in ktd on aarch64, giving unsupported architecture error for node-sass
09:09 magnuse__ joined #koha
09:37 cait1 paulderscheid[m]: sounds about right and we can still change it
09:37 paulderscheid[m] \o/
09:38 ashimema excellent paulderscheid
09:38 ashimema I've been hankering to get that done for a while
09:39 paulderscheid[m] Yeah, I bet your new colleagues are also struggling with their shiny new apple toys :D
09:39 ashimema i've been meaning to report that bug for a while.. but with the hole build stuff all being a bit up in the air I'd been holding off
09:39 ashimema do you think you might be able to work on it?
09:40 ashimema haha, indeed
09:40 ashimema not sure he's noticed yet
09:40 paulderscheid[m] Yes, I think it sounds harder than it is.
09:40 paulderscheid[m] Most certainly not today, but maybe next week for a first patch.
09:40 ashimema yeah... that was my feeling in the brief skim I did of a docs a couple of months back
09:40 ashimema excellent
09:40 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
09:40 ashimema hit me up for testing if you do get a chance to play 🙂
09:41 ashimema or matt of course.. he'll be good for testing that in the mac capacity
09:41 paulderscheid[m] Alright, noted 👍
09:42 ashimema are oyu hackfesting this year?
09:42 ashimema my whole team are coming and I'm sure they'd love to meet you in person 😛
09:43 paulderscheid[m] Yes
09:43 paulderscheid[m] I'm also really looking forward to this. Will be a blast.
09:44 paulderscheid[m] Just sad that we can't just teleport the whole community to Marseille :D
09:44 ashimema totally
09:44 ashimema awesome
10:12 magnuse_ joined #koha
11:13 cait joined #koha
11:14 tcohen hola #koha o/
11:31 oleonard o/
11:43 cait ?o
11:43 cait hm I am not getting this wave thing right
11:44 cait oleonard: I was working on bug 32946 last night - I did a follow up fixing the other form and hope you approve
11:44 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32946 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , 'Send list/cart' forms in OPAC is misaligned
11:44 oleonard Cool, thanks!
11:55 cait :)
11:55 cait stared at the wrong form forever of course.. and wondered why the patch hadn't fixed it
12:05 cait joined #koha
12:20 alex_ joined #koha
12:35 marcelr joined #koha
12:35 marcelr o/
13:01 lukeg joined #koha
13:12 oleonard paulderscheid[m]: I attached a patch to Bug 32978. I hope you can give your feedback
13:12 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32978 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , 'npm install' fails in ktd on aarch64, giving unsupported architecture error for node-sass
13:26 cait1 :)
13:26 cait1 oleonard++
13:35 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:52 ashimema did we settle on a look for buttons in modals?
13:52 ashimema i.e is it 'btn-primary' then 'link' for cancel ?
13:52 ashimema or two buttons
13:52 ashimema and what order.. primary on left of further right
13:52 oleonard No ashimema that's still on my list too
13:53 ashimema I see
13:53 ashimema okies
13:53 ashimema really must get[…]-styleguide-draft worked on some time
13:53 ashimema be so nice to have a proper style guide
13:53 oleonard I'm certainly open to suggestions, I don't have a particular plan. I do think we should ditch the text-link cancel in modals.
13:53 ashimema 🙂
13:54 ashimema glad you approve of ditching those
13:54 ashimema they bug me
13:54 tcohen PedroAmorim[m]:
13:54 tcohen around?
13:54 PedroAmorim[m] yes
13:54 tcohen I didn't manage (ever) to make the Cypress tests pass
13:55 tcohen got a message from Joubu saying he run them as root
13:55 tcohen and saw a comment from you on the same path
13:55 tcohen and I've got a question
13:55 tcohen the cypress.json file
13:55 tcohen and the tests
13:55 wahanui the tests are in the t/ directories
13:55 tcohen could be mounted an run on a cypress container?
13:56 PedroAmorim[m] you mean have a separate docker container to run the cypress tests on?
13:57 PedroAmorim[m] I run them outside of docker so that cypress can open chrome and run on it (and be able to see the UI testing as it's happening)
13:57 tcohen ok
13:58 PedroAmorim[m] to answer your question, I don't see why not although I have not run a cypress container before
13:58 tcohen but we are thinking of running things in the CI infrastructure
13:59 tcohen I think the cypress.json file we have is wrong
13:59 tcohen or useless
13:59 tcohen we need a way to generate something that has the right baseurl
13:59 tcohen and just run things on a separate container
13:59 tcohen will give it a try
13:59 tcohen so
13:59 tcohen ktd --cypress up
14:00 tcohen and a command to run things on the separate container
14:00 marie-luce joined #koha
14:00 tcohen the ktd base image doesn't need to ship cypress
14:01 PedroAmorim[m][…]e-docker-command/ seems to be a good resource and just the integration folder with the actual tests and cypress.json file seems to be enough
14:01 PedroAmorim[m] tcohen: yes that sounds great
14:01 tcohen exactly, we just need to 'mount' the cypress.json
14:13 MarkHofstetter1 joined #koha
14:14 tcohen PedroAmorim[m]: you can launch the browser from the docker container using the X protocol ;-)
14:15 MarkHofstetter1 hi, sometimes we run into the issue that only records with items are indexed (ES) - is this a known problem, or our fault? Thx!
14:19 PedroAmorim[m] tcohen: did not know that thanks!
14:20 tcohen it is explained in the article you passed
14:21 tcohen (the command to extract the actual IP is for macOS)
14:22 PedroAmorim[m] I see it yeah pretty cool
14:32 tcohen so
14:32 tcohen if you have the baseurl correctly set in cypress.json
14:33 tcohen we could just run the container with a oneliner
14:49 MarkHofstetter1 joined #koha
14:49 PedroAmorim[m] don't even need the baseUrl correctly set before hand, it seems we can just run the docker container with the "--config baseUrl" flag
14:50 tcohen oh
14:50 tcohen that makes things even easier
14:50 PedroAmorim[m] it's also in the article, I've just been reading it in pieces instead of whole xD
14:50 PedroAmorim[m] but it sure looks like it's worth a whole read
14:50 tcohen I'm trying to find a way to trigger the tests on the cypress container, from the koha-testing one
14:51 tcohen we can run a command and have the tests run
14:51 tcohen but we want to trigger them from within the koha container
14:51 tcohen for selenium what we do is using a Perl driver
14:51 tcohen that makes the external connection
14:57 PedroAmorim[m] I see, have not done anything of the sort before unfortunately
14:57 PedroAmorim[m] would be easier if the cypress test runner exposed an api that the koha container make use of but don't think that is the case
15:02 tcohen we'll see :-D
15:08 PedroAmorim[m] all I'm seeing in regards of executing a command on a container from another container is netwrok HTTP request (standard way) or by mounting the docker socket into the launching container (not so standard or even recommendable way)
15:09 PedroAmorim[m] containers are designed to be isolated so are we maybe fighting something we shouldn't? I wonder if making our own custom cypress image that accepts HTTP requests and runs the command upon receiving a given request would work
15:09 PedroAmorim[m] just brainstorming
15:12 oleonard joined #koha
15:42 reiveune left #koha
15:45 cait1 MarkHofstetter I haven't seen or heard of that behaviour, but we don't use Elasticsearch still
15:46 cait1 they don't get indexed at all? not searchable in OPAC and staff interface?
15:49 paulderscheid[m] oleonard: Just saw it. Engaging..
16:00 bag joined #koha
16:05 cait1 Joubu: around?
16:06 paulderscheid[m] oleonard: This patch works like a charm. Signing off.
16:06 oleonard Excellent!
16:06 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
16:06 paulderscheid[m] Thanks so much!
16:07 MarkHofstetter1 we are experiencing this from 21.05 to 22.11 on ES  but not 100% reproducible
16:07 oleonard The dashboard is ready to nuke us with needs-signoff bugs:
16:07 cait1 we got a sandbox issue with patches not getting applied, anyone an idea?
16:08 ashimema blimey
16:08 cait1 fatal: detected dubious ownership in repository at '/kohadevbox/koha' < on the sandboxes
16:10 cait1 I am not sure if I shoudl file that on ktd or sandboxes?
16:11 Joubu cait1: which ones?
16:11 cait1 all?
16:11 wahanui all is set
16:11 cait1 bywater is still dead
16:11 cait1 biblibre is hte one i picked the error from
16:11 cait1 when you start the sandbox with the bug, it just doesn't get applied
16:11 Joubu newly created sandbox?
16:11 MichaelaSieberBIB[m] yes
16:11 cait1 I then tried 'apply patch' and picked the error from there
16:11 cait1 MichaelaSieberBIB[m]: just tried all 3 :)
16:12 Joubu[…]n_log/invcurrency - that one?
16:12 Joubu there is another error there..
16:13 kidclamp Can another QA person take a look here: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32878
16:13 huginn Bug 32878: minor, P5 - low, ---, stalkernoid, Signed Off , Make it impossible to renew the item if it has active item level hold
16:14 cait1 hm i tried on the b32705
16:14 cait1 but that was also created today
16:14 cait1 kidclamp: maybe remind me tomorrow
16:14 kidclamp will try
16:15 MichaelaSieberBIB[m] Joubu: exactly
16:15 cait1 sorry, i had "tab confusion" but I think i tried it there, will not click anything while you have a look
16:19 Joubu tcohen, ashimema: did we change something in ktd that would be related to the git-bz config?
16:19 ashimema hmm
16:19 Joubu or the config in general?
16:19 ashimema I don't believe so
16:19 cait1 hm we did
16:19 ashimema the ptfs-e sandboxes don't have your git trusted dir change yet though.. I'm just checking that out now
16:20 cait1 the bug tcohen asked me to comment on mentioend git-bz
16:20 ashimema not sure why.. they should have pulled in the change
16:20 Joubu ashimema: did you already see "NameError: global name 'host' is not defined" in the sandbox?
16:20 cait1 udn was like 3 days ago
16:20 ashimema nope
16:20 ashimema not seen that one
16:21 Joubu ha, we remove the git config for root...
16:21 Joubu awesome
16:21 paulderscheid[m] node-sass is no more. bug 32978 is ready to be QAd.
16:21 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32978 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Signed Off , 'npm install' fails in ktd on aarch64, giving unsupported architecture error for node-sass
16:29 ashimema I reckon with all the recent ktd changes around permissions and the git repo and stuff.. we should probably be execturing our sandbox commands a little differently.
16:30 ashimema acting as the koha user
16:30 paulderscheid[m] I'm amazed how many cool improvements came down the pipe in such a short amount of time :D
16:31 Joubu cait1, MichaelaSieberBIB[m]: fixed, see
16:31 cait1 paulderscheid[m]++ :)
16:31 paulderscheid[m] oleonard++
16:32 cait1 usually people always complaim about how slow things are, but I think we just lose the outside view
16:32 ashimema 😄
16:34 cait1 Joubu: not applied in git log
16:35 ashimema wow..
16:35 MichaelaSieberBIB[m] and the relevant columns in aqorders are missing: https://staff-x32705.sandboxes[…]n%20this%20report
16:35 ashimema that removes a whole bunch of dependencies listed in the yarn file
16:36 Joubu I... just forgot to add the bugnumber in the correct input!
16:36 Joubu[…]vision_log/t32705 on its way, back in 2min!
16:37 MichaelaSieberBIB[m] 😆
16:37 MarkHofstetter1 joined #koha
16:41 Joubu It is now saying I've tried to apply 32695. I am a bit tired but pretty sure I did not enter random numbers in the input this time!
16:43 cait1 oook... that sounds like a deeper issue
16:43 cait1 can I do something to help?
16:44 cait1 did you scroll maybe? there is an HTML numeric on the bug number field and it can behave a little strangely
16:45 Joubu ha, that might be it
16:45 Joubu I think it's working now
16:45 Joubu but we reached the max number of sandboxes
16:45 Joubu and the one I deleted is stucked in "pending deletion"
16:45 Joubu ha, deleted!
16:48 ashimema oleonard still around..
16:48 ashimema or paulderscheid
16:48 paulderscheid[m] Yes
16:48 ashimema when running a yarn install with the dart-sass patch.. did you see warnings?
16:48 ashimema I see
16:48 ashimema `warning " > bootstrap@4.6.2" has unmet peer dependency "jquery@1.9.1 - 3".`
16:48 ashimema and
16:49 ashimema `warning " > bootstrap@4.6.2" has unmet peer dependency "popper.js@^1.16.1".`
16:49 ashimema wondering if they might have side effects
16:49 cait1 Ill be around a little longer, but need to switch computers
16:49 cait1 brb
16:50 paulderscheid[m] Yeah, I saw them but when poking around staff and opac everything seemed fine.
16:50 Joubu looks good now -
16:50 Joubu cait1, MichaelaSieberBIB[m] ^
16:51 cait1 looks good, thx Joubu!
16:51 cait1 Joubu++
16:51 MichaelaSieberBIB[m] whoop whoop, THANKS
16:51 cait1 @karma Joubu
16:51 huginn cait1: Karma for "Joubu" has been increased 1168 times and decreased 2 times for a total karma of 1166.
16:51 ashimema what was the change Joubu?
16:52 cait1 MichaelaSiberBIB++
16:52 kidclamp Joubu++
16:52 kidclamp @karma
16:52 huginn kidclamp: Highest karma: "Joubu" (1167), "cait" (977), and "ashimema" (800).  Lowest karma: "-" (-78), "failed" (-53), and "ie" (-40).  You (kidclamp) are ranked 6 out of 1228.
16:52 Joubu ashimema:[…]merge_requests/69
16:52 cait1 oh no
16:53 cait1 MichaelaSieberBIB++
16:53 cait1 time to go :) bbl!
16:53 cait1 left #koha
16:53 ashimema thanks
16:54 aude_c joined #koha
16:55 cait joined #koha
16:55 oleonard ashimema that warning isn't relevant, because we have our own copy of jQuery and Popper js
16:56 oleonard More things to move into our build process
16:56 ashimema coolios.. I thought that was probably the case
16:56 ashimema yeah.. be great to do that
17:01 aude_c hello
17:01 oleonard Hi aude_c
17:01 caroline ready for the meeting?
17:01 cait hi aude_c and caroline
17:01 cait I am :)
17:01 ashimema ooh.. tere's a meeting
17:01 ashimema I might stick around a little longer then
17:01 davidnind Me too
17:02 caroline #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 16 February 2023
17:02 huginn Meeting started Thu Feb 16 17:02:10 2023 UTC.  The chair is caroline. Information about MeetBot at
17:02 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
17:02 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_16_february_2023'
17:02 caroline #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_16_February_2023
17:02 caroline #topic Introductions
17:02 caroline please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes
17:02 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inlibro, Montreal, Qc
17:02 davidnind #info David Nind, New Zealand
17:02 aude_c #info Aude Charillon, PTFS Europe, UK
17:03 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
17:03 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
17:03 marie-luce #info Marie-Luce Laflamme, inlibro, Montreal, Canada
17:04 caroline #topic Review of action points
17:04 caroline caroline to branch the manual -> done!
17:05 caroline we now have a 22.11 and 23.05 (dev) manual
17:05 MarkHofstetter2 joined #koha
17:05 caroline[…]n/html/index.html
17:05 caroline[…]n/html/index.html
17:05 caroline and latest I think goes to 22.11
17:06 caroline[…]n/html/index.html
17:06 cait i emailed bgkriegel for po files, haven't heard back yet
17:06 caroline Big thanks to everyone who helped :)
17:06 caroline I also emailed him for the form thing, but didn't hear back either
17:07 caroline davidnind to check the scripts and translations tweaks in prevision of a possible switch to markdown
17:07 davidnind still working on my action points, apologies for not getting them done
17:07 caroline no prob!
17:08 caroline caroline to plan a screenshot replacing session for hackfest -> done, details to hash out
17:08 davidnind caroline++
17:08 aude_c hash out a bit more now or later? :D
17:09 cait someone eager to do screenshots, I like :)
17:09 caroline #info on Wednesday March 29, whatever time you are in, we're going to "get together" in person and virtually to update the screenshots in the manual with the new design
17:10 caroline The details I'm still thinking about are how to actually do it... I think we should just update the actual images, not the information in the images.rst file, otherwise, I will spend all day just rebasing everything
17:10 caroline what do you think?
17:10 aude_c I'll be in Marseille in person; Lucy is planning to join in virtually
17:10 MarkHofstetter1 joined #koha
17:10 aude_c I'm not sure I understand what you mean, sorry
17:10 caroline jzairo and kellym also said they'd participate virtually
17:11 aude_c nice
17:11 davidnind that sounds great!
17:11 cait I think there are some more people interested to help out in Marseille
17:11 cait could be a nice group
17:11 marie-luce nice
17:11 aude_c :)
17:12 ashimema excellent
17:12 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
17:12 caroline So when we make parallel changes to a same file, there can be clashes between the changes, that's why I was proposing we only update the actual images and not the images.rst file
17:12 * ashimema still thinks medium term we should move away from images.rst
17:12 cait i think we shoudl automate this
17:12 cait but not sure we can't this time
17:13 cait ... can
17:13 caroline ashimema, I'm now a bit colder to the idea since the images between bundles and erm were mixed up
17:13 ashimema it seems rather maddening to do it that way
17:13 marie-luce Is there a way to generate a new images.rst file after all images modifications?
17:13 ashimema I don't understand how they got mixed up honestly.
17:13 caroline ashimema, me either...
17:13 cait you don't need to chang eit if you just replace the image file with the ame name
17:14 aude_c caroline: does that mean we have to upload the new images with the same file name the old ones have, so we don't have to update the images.rst file??
17:14 ashimema correct cait
17:14 caroline marie-luce, not really because the changes to the images.rst file are mostly to add alt text
17:14 ashimema so in this case just changing the images themselves would work and not require rebasing
17:14 caroline aude_c, yes exactly
17:14 cait I think that's what caroline is suggesting, replace the images, don't change file names/references
17:14 aude_c got it, thanks
17:14 marie-luce make sense
17:15 caroline Is that ok with everyone? I really like adding alt text when updating images, but I don't hink in this case it's feasible
17:15 aude_c I was going to say: it does sound like a bit of a shame we're missing out on adding alt text at the same time
17:15 aude_c but if there's no other way it can just be a job for another time!
17:16 caroline cait, I did ask if someone would help us automate images at the hackfest, but didn't hear back from anyone... if you can lobby about it while there, it would be great :)
17:16 cait I can try
17:16 cait sadly no idea on how to do this myself, but it would be so nice to have
17:16 davidnind sorry, I haven't done much work recently on automating screenshots - maybe at the hackfest we could get some traction - I have started[…]mated-screenshots
17:17 caroline aude_c, yeah, I think it's a shame too, but I'm just anticipating the amount of clashes it would create and I'm not super good with git rebases
17:17 davidnind Just need to add some instructions
17:17 davidnind Maybe for the alt text have a shared doc, using googe docs or framapad, then it can be done as one commit after
17:18 cait that sounds like a good idea
17:18 aude_c yes, i was also thinking we'd need something shared
17:18 caroline that is going to be another big task davidnind right? we have to manually create the situations (like click here, enter X, click there, etc)?
17:18 aude_c not if we just have the whole page?
17:18 caroline davidnind, I like the framapad idea
17:19 caroline We could copy the images.rst file into frama and edit it as a group and then copy the result back in images.rst and commit that
17:19 cait +1
17:19 caroline I like it... I'm going to add it to my notes
17:19 aude_c yes, i like that
17:19 davidnind +1
17:20 davidnind for automated screenshots it would be a big task, particularly setting up the content required - I've mastered some basic scenarios, but am a little out of my depth with
17:20 ashimema what editors are people using/encouraging?
17:21 ashimema we've recently been using LiveShare in VSCode at PTFS-E...
17:21 aude_c while we're talking about screenshots; what do we do about the old screenshots? Can we delete the files? How do we make sure they're not used in several locations (and therefore shouldn't yet be deleted)?
17:21 ashimema it allows live editing of the same file by multiple participants in an editing session.. that might work for a hackfest scenario
17:21 caroline if they are used in many places, when we update, they should be updated everywhere
17:21 cait if they are used in several locations, should they not be replaced in all of them?
17:22 davidnind ashimema: I'm using VS Codium (basically VS Code without the Microsoft Tracking)
17:22 * ashimema too
17:22 cait i tihnk we'd not start with an empty images directory
17:22 caroline I have seen some instances where one image has different aliases, which I don't understand at all, but I think it should still work
17:22 cait but replace as we go and maybe if we do the framapad we could also mark the ones done or the ones people are working on there
17:22 ashimema I think when i last looked 99%+ of our images are unique.. we hardly ever share
17:23 aude_c caroline, cait: maybe I'm just not understanding how it's supposed to work.
17:23 marie-luce I've found an old wiki page the other day about ideas on how to automated screenshot. https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ted_Screencapture
17:23 caroline I try to reuse some when it just shows like a row of buttons, I use the same image in all the places where those buttons are refered
17:23 aude_c but you still use the same alias for that image?
17:24 caroline aude_c, yes, I use the same alias everywhere
17:24 caroline But like I said, at the beginning I think they were a bit zealous with aliases and used a different one for every place the same image was used
17:24 aude_c so to be thorough before deleting an old image, I'd need to search for its alias in every page
17:25 caroline Hopefully, we'll phase those out
17:25 davidnind bug 29716
17:25 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29716 enhancement, P4, ---, david, ASSIGNED , [DOCS] Automated screenshots using testing framework
17:25 caroline aude_c, only if you change the alias
17:25 caroline if you change lets say "image666" to "patronfile", then yes you need to change image666 in every file if it's used mor than once
17:26 aude_c ok
17:26 caroline I also check if images/patrons/patronfile.png is there more than once in images.rst with different aliases just in case
17:27 aude_c and then it's safe to delete the file
17:27 aude_c thanks
17:27 caroline exactly!
17:27 caroline but if you don't change the filename, you just sub it in the same directory and it's fine
17:29 caroline Ok so recap, we'll copy images.rst into a frama, change the aliases (? do we change the aliases?) and alt text in there, and sub the old image for the new ones, you can commit for each image or a group of images, and I'll commit the images.rst at the end
17:29 caroline Maybe I could create a frama for assigning chapters too? so we don't step all over each other?
17:29 aude_c that would be good
17:31 davidnind we may need to turn off the automated manual build, or run it each hour
17:31 caroline I'll probably do some the day before since y'all are gonna start in the middle of the night for me
17:33 caroline #info for hackfest screenshot update extravaganza, update screenshots in git, commit for each image or a group of images, DO NOT change images.rst in git, there will be a frama for that purpose
17:33 caroline #info there will be a frama to assign chapters
17:33 aude_c we could be inducting new people to the joys of Docs and screenshots in the morning (French time)
17:34 caroline #info remember to turn off auto build
17:34 marie-luce I'll be keen to learn!
17:34 aude_c should we set up a video call to have a chat too?
17:34 davidnind maybe also have a jitsi meeting session running ( for those participating virtually (or Zoom or whatever)
17:35 caroline I'm ok with jitsi
17:35 caroline does that link work already?
17:35 aude_c +1
17:35 aude_c it should
17:35 davidnind it should - you can basically make it naything
17:35 caroline #info have a jitsi meeting session running ( for those participating virtually
17:36 caroline alright, any other concerns or ideas regarding screenshot update? I didn't follow the automation convo, do I need to action or info anything?
17:38 davidnind probably not, if anyone is interested I'm happy to chat
17:38 davidnind feel free to comment on bug 29716
17:38 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29716 enhancement, P4, ---, david, ASSIGNED , [DOCS] Automated screenshots using testing framework
17:39 caroline davidnind++
17:39 marie-luce davidind++
17:39 caroline moving on to other action points...
17:39 caroline cait or ashimema to check if we can change 'manual' keywords to 'Nedds documenting' status in bugzilla in batch
17:40 caroline was thing feasible?
17:40 caroline *this
17:40 ashimema Oh, I hadn't realised I'd been volunteered for that
17:41 ashimema I imagine it's not too terribly difficult to do... But would need rangi.. I don't have the server access
17:41 ashimema I've not looked at the database closely enough to really judge
17:41 ashimema I like the idea though
17:41 caroline I think we had some reticence on the result, but I don't remember what they were
17:43 ashimema ?
17:43 caroline cait had said I think we can do bulk actions, but not sure if it might create a mess the Manual keyword is still kinda nice if you can't change the status yet, but already know it will affect manual
17:44 caroline https://meetings.koha-communit[…]19-15.02.log.html (around 15:40)
17:45 caroline I had added if not possible to change bz in batch we change them as we get to them
17:45 caroline so it was really just checking if it was possible
17:45 caroline last action point caroline to send an email to the mailing list about possibly closing it down --> done, no one answered
17:45 caroline So I guess we can closed it?
17:46 caroline cait can you do it?
17:46 davidnind +1
17:47 caroline #action cait to close the Docs mailing list
17:47 caroline delegating++ XD
17:47 ashimema I could try to catch the keyword and docs part of bugzilla instead
17:48 ashimema I've been meaning to, for the dashboard, just haven't found a moment
17:48 caroline I want to skip a couple of empty topics and go directly to content development guidelines to talk about sysprefs
17:48 caroline ok more delegating...
17:48 davidnind #info Manual reorganisation update and preview - still a work in progress but gives the general idea Comments welcome on bug 32391
17:48 caroline #action ashimema to check for the manual keyword vs Needs documenting status
17:48 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32391 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, david, ASSIGNED , [DOCS] Reorganise the manual contents
17:49 caroline #topic Content development guidelines
17:49 caroline we talked about bug 29063 before
17:49 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29063 major, P5 - low, ---, david, ASSIGNED , [DOCS] Manual: Translation issue with repeated strings in system preferences
17:50 caroline I tried some things
17:50 caroline
17:50 caroline What do you think?
17:51 caroline I had a bit of trouble with more complex sysprefs
17:51 caroline
17:52 ashimema Dinner time here I'm afraid so I'm clocking out, apologies
17:52 caroline bon appétit!
17:53 caroline it's almost the end of the hour, but please let me know if this could be a viable option for describing sysprefs
17:53 davidnind I've some ideas and will post on the bug
17:53 aude_c i don't think i know enough to comment on this
17:53 caroline I also tried something different for many sysprefs in the same block/sentence
17:53 davidnind Does this help with the translation issues (I assume it does)
17:54 caroline davidnind, I think so since the options are not separate from the sentence
17:54 davidnind great!
17:55 caroline the other options we found needed developer help, but this is something we can do to alleviate the problem
17:56 cait sorry had a call
17:57 cait the Default is probably an issue
17:57 cait on the last screenshot
17:57 cait if the Default is Enable
17:57 caroline cait the last screenshot, is something different
17:58 cait hm trying to catch up :)
17:58 MarkHofstetter1 joined #koha
17:58 cait I see what you mean about the complex one... that one is insance
18:00 caroline it's pretty insane already tbh[…]ldsignorestatuses
18:01 caroline but it's a good (if extreme) example of what we have to deal with
18:01 cait yeah
18:01 cait i wish we had some way to do context :(
18:02 davidnind A while ago I mapped out some of the elements for system preferences that you would want to know (name, system preference text (asks), options, description, warnings, important notes, history (when added, changed, etc), etc) - just need to decide how to present these and then make them work for translation 8-) (will add comments to the bug)
18:02 caroline Maybe if we separate it a bit like I did in the last screenshot (, it could help
18:03 caroline thx davidnind! please do!
18:03 cait hm the Default line is an issue there
18:03 cait and not sure how we'd do that for something with a lot of options?
18:04 caroline yes I know, this last one is only for the separation of several sysprefs in the same sentence, not for the options
18:05 caroline sorry, I'm confusing things by talking about two things at the same time because they are both about describing sysprefs
18:05 cait oh
18:05 caroline we can talk about it next meeting?
18:05 cait maybe better
18:06 cait hard to focus right now
18:06 caroline #topic Set time of next meeting
18:06 caroline would march 16 work?
18:06 aude_c yes for me
18:07 cait should be ok
18:07 davidnind +1
18:07 marie-luce +1
18:08 caroline 16UTC is noon Eastern, 5am in NZ and 5pm in central europe
18:09 caroline #info Next meeting: 16 March, 2023, 16 UTC
18:09 caroline #endmeeting
18:09 huginn Meeting ended Thu Feb 16 18:09:21 2023 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
18:09 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-02-16-17.02.html
18:09 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]3-02-16-17.02.txt
18:09 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]16-17.02.log.html
18:09 davidnind caroline++
18:09 caroline see you soon! thanks everyone!
18:09 cait caroline++
18:09 aude_c see you next time!
18:10 davidnind I'll run the meeting script later today, now that it is working again
18:12 marie-luce caroline++
18:13 ashimema Did you talk about moving meetings into vid calls?
18:14 * ashimema goes back to dinner
18:15 JesseM joined #koha
18:23 oleonard I wonder if there's a good reason why we have opac-tmpl/lib and opac-tmpl/bootstrap/lib...
18:26 davidnind ashimema: we didn't
18:34 ashimema I imagine it's just historic oleonard
18:34 ashimema I've wondered similar
18:34 ashimema Translations perhaps.. a long time ago
18:35 cait i think that's right
18:35 cait one gets copied, the other doesnÄt
18:37 oleonard I'll see if I can break some things...
19:13 davidnind caroline: agenda for next meeting created and calendar update
19:13 caroline cool! thanks davidnind!!
19:58 davidnind @later tell magnuse I use Bitwarden personally, not sure how it would work for a business (there are business plans and pricing)
19:58 huginn davidnind: The operation succeeded.
19:59 caroline We have bitwarden self hosted, I think it's free when it's self hosted?
19:59 caroline It works great!
22:35 cait joined #koha
22:42 cait joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary