IRC log for #koha, 2022-08-17

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:21 alexbuckley joined #koha
01:25 wajasu when one configures a cronjob, do you use koha-shell -c "/usr/share/koha/bin/crontabs/ ..." <instance>
01:25 wajasu using the library user account crontab
03:14 Oak joined #koha
03:48 Oak joined #koha
03:55 fridolin1 joined #koha
04:09 fridolin joined #koha
04:18 Oak joined #koha
05:26 Oak joined #koha
05:35 Oak joined #koha
06:01 alex_ joined #koha
06:07 alex_ Bonjour
06:56 cait joined #koha
06:58 lds joined #koha
06:59 cait1 joined #koha
06:59 cait1 good morning #koha
07:01 Davaasuren joined #koha
07:08 cait1 @later tell liliputech strings have been updated, last later can be deleted :)
07:08 huginn cait1: The operation succeeded.
07:11 paulderscheid[m] morning #koha
07:14 dcook Ugh Mojolicious should really update their documentation...
08:17 Joubu @later tell tcohen please push the follow-up on 31313
08:17 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
09:32 Oak joined #koha
09:32 ashimema morning #koha
09:35 ashimema bug 15348
09:35 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=15348 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleisha, Signed Off , Change/Edit estimated delivery date per order line
09:41 * ashimema rebases bug 23681
09:41 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=23681 new feature, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Patch doesn't apply , Make patron restrictions user definable
09:51 oleonard joined #koha
10:18 cait joined #koha
10:19 dpk_ joined #koha
11:21 cait1 marcelr++
11:36 marcelr joined #koha
11:36 marcelr hi #koha
12:00 oleonard I wish we didn't have this double option
12:01 ashimema that is silly
12:01 ashimema I've never noticed it
12:01 marcelr 20 or 20 or even 20
12:02 oleonard Maybe create an array of the default options, add the custom option, sort and de-duplicate?
12:03 marcelr Joubu if you still have a few minutes, you are welocome to submit the patches for  bug 31383 :)
12:03 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=31383 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Additional contents: We need a parent and child table
12:03 oleonard marcelr: Do you suspect he has them already and is keeping them from us? :D
12:03 marcelr you never know
12:17 tcohen marcelr: can you file a follow-up bug for CMS? Maybe assign to Aleisha unless you want to provide the patch?
12:17 tcohen good morning everyone
12:17 tcohen thanks for the rebase, ashimema
12:18 ashimema 🙂
12:18 tcohen hi oleonard cait1
12:18 tcohen oh, a later from Joubu :-D
12:19 marcelr tcohen: we should go the 31383 way
12:20 marcelr but i fear that it wont reach 22.11 somehow..
12:22 marcelr tcohen: just thinking that translation was not really the focus during that development..
12:22 tcohen I'm pretty sure dutch are fearless
12:23 marcelr because everyone speaks english ?
12:24 tcohen I saw the translatability problem too
12:24 tcohen will take care of it myself
12:24 marcelr create another table
12:25 tcohen ah, no
12:25 tcohen I was thinking about the way template strings are build LOL
12:26 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 31313: Fix holds_count and priority <[…]c6119e596c2457309>
12:26 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23202: Fix screen freeze when ordereing several items <[…]9aecf358c71213733>
12:26 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26632: Remove two more occurrences <[…]d5f3aaef47e19ad5c>
12:26 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26632: (Bug 22532 follow-up) Remove random variables <[…]f14ddf890ef1e9039>
12:31 kidclamp Joubu++
12:31 Joubu marcelr: I wrote it somewhere already (cannot remember where however...). When moving from "news" to "additional contents" I copied the structure of "letters", and that was not a good idea at all. I should have exploded everything instead, and rethink from scratch
12:32 Joubu so yes, what you are suggesting is actually the way to go, and we need to adjust "letters" as well (or even consider it an 'additional content' and merge everything into the same structure: table and module)
12:33 ashimema fun times
12:33 Joubu will take a bit more than "a few minutes" :D
12:38 marcelr sure :)
12:39 marcelr having TT constructs in additional contents sounds like even more fun
12:51 khall joined #koha
13:04 khall_ joined #koha
13:12 Joubu tcohen: opinion on bug 31360?
13:12 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=31360 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, In Discussion , Add biblio_id to after_item_action hook
13:12 Joubu marcelr and I disagree, as often happens :D
13:12 anne joined #koha
13:13 tcohen what is the plugin?
13:16 tcohen I prefer to provide the plugin patch instead
13:18 Joubu QA team: bug 31222 - IN is faster than OR, keep that in mind!
13:18 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=31222 normal, P5 - low, ---, nick, Passed QA , DBIC queries for batch mod can be very large
13:20 tcohen kidclamp?
13:20 wahanui kidclamp is reply i guess kidclamp is the first RM not to be bribed
13:25 Joubu bug 29697 - this still needs attention, tests are failing
13:25 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29697 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Pushed to master , Replace GetMarcBiblio occurrences with $biblio->metadata->record
13:25 Joubu and I am stuck at fixing them
13:26 tcohen I was just re-reading it, Joubu
13:26 tcohen asked kidclamp to take a look as well
13:27 * cait1 comes in after meeting and waves
13:27 cait1 IRC meeting in 30?
13:27 * tcohen runs to get more coffee
13:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 31228: Intranet coce.js is not hiding the coce-coverimg div for single-pixel... <[…]0e6c91319d2760d25>
13:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19540: Tell the patron why a hold cannot be placed on items <[…]f8ea66e0a16b3f8c5>
13:28 marcelr Joubu: just pass the biblio_id thing :) harder issues enough
13:32 marcelr closed the stupid thing now
13:33 anne Hello, I imported 5000 records with Tools > Catalog > Stage MARC records for import. How can I change item types for all of them from "nothing" to "books" ?
13:35 thd joined #koha
13:37 tcohen anne: I'd import them, then use a report to list all the itemnumbers, save it at a file removing the first line (column title) and then use the Batch item modification tool
13:38 tcohen hola thd!
13:38 thd Hello
13:38 * cait1 waves
13:38 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27342: Fix C4::ILSDI::Services::AuthenticatePatron <[…]aaa059c3fb300ac55>
13:39 cait1 anne: what do you want to change? the framework or the itemtype?
13:39 anne the itemtype
13:39 kidclamp the reocrd itemtype? or the items itemtype?
13:39 tcohen heh :-D
13:39 cait1 yes, than the batch item edit tool is your friend :)
13:45 thd tcohen: Would you have time next Tuesday for running Canasta with me?
13:47 tcohen what do you mean? I mean, do we need it at this point?
13:48 tcohen other than that, I'm happy to help and can try to organize to be available :-D
13:48 thd Your recommendation was using a container was it not?
13:48 marcelr tcohen: 31385
13:49 thd Your discovery of Canasta must be the best container for MediaWiki.
13:51 * cait1 was thinking card game
13:53 tcohen thd: my plan was to steal their Dockerfile, but yeah seems complete
13:54 tcohen cait1: I love the game :-D
13:56 thd From a week and a half ago I have had pg_restore running on Debian 8 with no warnings or errors, then running database migration to MySQL; copying the MySQL dump to Debian 10 and upgrading on Debian 10 which could also be Debian 11.
13:56 thd tcohen: Yes, we should steal their Dockerfile and make some changes.
13:57 marcelr stealing is not recommeded
13:58 marcelr spelling is another thing
13:58 thd Their docker file has root as the database owner?  Is that just the common lack of security in Docker file configurations?
13:59 cait1 getting inspired by and leaving a note?
14:00 thd Stealing in this case is merely making some modifications some of which seem obvious.
14:02 thd tcohen: With the database running as the MySQL root user the implementer could not go wrong for non-security issues but it is easy enough to grant all permissions on the database to an ordinary MySQL user.
14:03 tcohen thd the official MySQL or MariaDB images allow using a non-root user
14:03 tcohen as koha-testing-docker does
14:03 cait1 tuxayo: ping?
14:05 thd What would stop changing the database user from root to another database user for any container?
14:05 tcohen the container doesn't need to know the root password
14:06 tcohen and the mariadb container network should be isolated and only shared with the app container
14:07 thd Of course but the database user password is stored in LocalSettings.php
14:09 thd The database should only be accessible from localhost or some container analog to localhost.  However, using root as the database user seems to give unnecessary excess permissions which would generally not be recommended.
14:10 cait1 hm dev meeting? (but actually don't want to interrupt any progress on wiki update)
14:11 lukeg joined #koha
14:11 wajasu in version 22.05.03, when you setup the crontabs like do you use root or the crontab of the intance user?
14:12 tcohen you use root, but run koha-shell
14:12 tcohen or koha-foreach
14:12 wajasu thanks.
14:12 tcohen thd: there's no security issues with the DB as far as I can tell, we can sort it
14:13 tcohen cait1: can you chair?
14:13 tcohen @seen tuxayo
14:13 huginn tcohen: tuxayo was last seen in #koha 14 hours, 41 minutes, and 0 seconds ago: <tuxayo> @later tell liliputech «there was this question about having a "LTS" release of Koha, and that would be 21.11» Actually it will be 22.11
14:13 cait1 wajasu: maybe look at the existing ones for debian?
14:13 cait1 tcohen: i can try, but need some help, haven't in a long time
14:14 thd cait: The meeting would not interrupt progress.  I am preparing to commit changes tonight which have the wiki database migration and update managed from different Debian versions to avoid warning and error messages from pg_restore.
14:14 tcohen wajasu: just touch /etc/cron.d/wajasu
14:14 tcohen and add your stuff there heh
14:14 wajasu i couldn't find any existing  with crontab -l for root
14:14 cait1 #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 17 August 2022
14:14 huginn Meeting started Wed Aug 17 14:14:28 2022 UTC.  The chair is cait1. Information about MeetBot at
14:14 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:14 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_17_august_2022'
14:14 cait1 #topic Introductions
14:14 cait1 Please introduce yourself using #info
14:14 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi
14:14 cait1 rmaints?
14:14 wahanui rmaints are lukeg, liliputech and tuxayo
14:14 cait1 qa_team?
14:14 wahanui it has been said that qa_team is cait, marcelr, khall, kidclamp, kohaputti, lukeg, aleisha, fridolin, ashimema, tuxayo, nugged, petrova and Joubu
14:14 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:14 ashimema bob
14:15 cait1 #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Konstanz
14:15 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
14:15 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:15 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:15 cait1 #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ng_17_August_2022 Meeting agenda for today
14:15 wajasu oh i see koha-common in /etc/cron.d
14:15 khall joined #koha
14:15 cait1 wajasu: all the important ones shoudl work out of the box
14:15 tcohen yeah, there's cron.weekly, cron.daily etc
14:15 tcohen for koha-common
14:16 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy
14:16 tcohen but I'd add your own as well
14:16 tcohen that's what I do
14:16 tcohen then when the community patches things (adding new crons, etc) it is easier to spot the changes
14:16 tcohen agenda?
14:16 wahanui agenda is probably in: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eting_5_June_2019
14:17 cait1 tcohen: already posted it above ;)
14:17 cait1 moving on
14:17 cait1 #topic Announcements
14:17 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
14:17 cait1 #info Online registrationf or KohaCon22 closes end of August - get registered!
14:18 cait1 ... and please all ignore my typos
14:18 cait1 anyone anything else?
14:18 Joubu yes
14:18 tcohen <.<
14:18 cait1 go on
14:18 Joubu thanks to thos how helped on bug 27272 and friends!
14:18 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27272 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Move C4::Items::GetItemsInfo to Koha namespace
14:18 Joubu those*
14:19 Joubu still a small bit missing, but most of the job has been pushed already \o/
14:19 Joubu that's all :D
14:19 cait1 as of this morning, it was only 2 bugs missing - go get them!
14:19 tcohen everyone is happy with those refactorings, well done Joubu
14:19 tcohen Joubu++
14:19 cait1 #info Joubu says thank for helping the complex Bug 27272 along
14:19 cait1 moving on
14:19 tcohen I wanted
14:19 tcohen to say
14:20 tcohen I'll be afk the week of 5th-10th September
14:20 tcohen will ask the RM assistants to assist if important stuff requires it
14:20 cait1 #topic Update from the release manager (22.05)
14:21 cait1 #info RM Tomas will be afk from 5th-10th September
14:21 tcohen thanks
14:21 cait1 #info RM assistants will step in if needed
14:21 ashimema oh.. does that leave me.. as Joubu will likely be away too
14:21 ashimema okies
14:21 ashimema noted
14:21 tcohen Things are pretty stable/solid in master. Only one failing test but it has more to do with how the tests are built than functionality
14:22 cait1 good point
14:22 cait1 still some time to break things too :P
14:23 tcohen #actions ashimema needs to remove an introduced warning on bug 28854 tests (or test for its existence)
14:23 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28854 new feature, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Pushed to master , Add ability to create bundles of items for circulation
14:23 tcohen #info The RM requests more eyes on bug 29697 failing test when run in non-light mode
14:23 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29697 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Pushed to master , Replace GetMarcBiblio occurrences with $biblio->metadata->record
14:23 tcohen kidclamp offered to take a look earlier today
14:23 tcohen kidclamp++
14:23 tcohen Joubu++
14:24 ashimema oop.. ta
14:24 ashimema I missed that
14:24 cait1 #action ashimema needs to remove an introduced warning on bug 28854 tests (or test for its existence)
14:24 tcohen ashimema: me too :-P
14:24 wajasu does the dashboard need to be updated with build status area? i don't have gitlab access yet, but someone could possibly take my edited template toolkit file and push it to git, etc.
14:24 tcohen wajasu: later, on a meeting
14:24 wajasu ok
14:24 tcohen cait1: something else
14:25 cait1 yes?
14:25 wahanui i think yes is something different :)
14:25 cait1 forget yes
14:25 wahanui cait1: I forgot yes
14:25 ashimema where did you put your edited template?
14:25 tcohen I feel confident about the things in PQA now
14:25 ashimema I'm not on a phone now.. so can take a look properly
14:25 tcohen But we need some teamwork on the koha-security bugs there
14:25 cait1 qa_team++
14:25 tcohen Volunteers should contact me
14:26 cait1 ok, I will need to check for that - but not sure I can help, but send an email to the ones not here today on the sec list
14:26 tcohen can we have a security@ list?
14:26 tcohen do we have it?
14:27 marcelr bugzilla grouip
14:27 cait1 i think we ask to file on bugzilla, no email list I know of, I'd have emailed the qa team as they are all members
14:27 tcohen ah, right, that's the right list
14:27 tcohen nm
14:27 tcohen I have a bunch of bugs that could deserve some coding guideline added
14:28 cait1 It loos like there are default CC in bugzilla: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]t=Koha%20security
14:28 tcohen but we can do it on the next section of the meeting
14:28 cait1 sec
14:28 tcohen Not sure what you mean cait, I don't have admin access there
14:28 marcelr cait1 thats the one i meant
14:29 cait1 #topic Updates from the release maintainers
14:29 tcohen ah
14:29 cait1 tcohen: you don't need to - open the link, it shows all the emails
14:29 cait1 and I and Joubu have access if you need it
14:29 tcohen 'Show advanced fields' did the trick, thanks
14:29 cait1 ah right, that's a default for me
14:29 tcohen I prefer not to :-D
14:29 cait1 rmaints?
14:29 wahanui rmaints are lukeg, liliputech and tuxayo
14:30 cait1 i thik they are not here but
14:30 cait1 #info String freeze has been called, translations have been updated, go translate!
14:30 tcohen lukeg just signed
14:31 cait1 #topic Updates from the QA team
14:31 cait1 #info Lots of progress on Joubu's bugs before his pendng leave - thanks to the team!
14:32 cait1 #info QA and NSO queues are down a little, but we got a bit more bad bugs
14:32 tcohen It was the right time to push those too
14:32 Joubu (bug 30718 is awesome, in can you don't know already)
14:32 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30718 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Signed Off , Use flatpickr's altInput option everywhere
14:32 cait1 still some stuff to finsh and refine, but glad to see soem bigger bugs already dealt with for this release
14:33 cait1 yes, some remaining - see today's QA email too, team :)
14:33 cait1 anything else to add anyone?
14:34 cait1 ok, moving on :)
14:34 tcohen +1
14:34 cait1 #topic Status of roadmap projects
14:34 cait1 can someone get the link for me?
14:35 tcohen #link
14:35 cait1 thx
14:35 thd From two weeks  ago I have had pg_restore running on Debian 8 with no warnings or errors, then running database migration to MySQL; copying the MySQL dump to Debian 10 and upgrading on Debian 10 which could also be Debian 11.
14:35 tcohen # Task queue streamlining
14:36 cait1 ?
14:36 cait1 thd: are we still aiming for an update in August?
14:36 tcohen there's been some shy progress. The discussion about RabbitMQ hasn't moved
14:36 cait1 thd: what's the next step?
14:36 wahanui the next step is to rewrite Koha into Whitespace language :D
14:36 thd I expect to commit the cleaned code tonight with the new options which invoke the different usage for different Debian versions.
14:36 tcohen the UI has seen some fixes
14:36 cait1 forget next step
14:36 wahanui cait1: I forgot next step
14:37 marcelr i take 27421
14:37 cait1 bug 27421
14:37 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27421 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Porting tools/ to BackgroundJob
14:37 tcohen marcelr++
14:37 marcelr and 30718
14:37 cait1 marcelr++
14:37 cait1 bug 30718
14:37 thd tcohen and I have been discussing running a migraton progress using the Canasta container for MediaWiki which tcohen found next Tuesday.
14:38 cait1 sounds great
14:38 tcohen thd++
14:38 cait1 fingers crossed. will this be a test run or the real thing?
14:38 cait1 thd++ tcohen++
14:38 tcohen about the task_queue...
14:38 tcohen There's a bug that introduces an API for tasks
14:38 tcohen I'll be taking a look shortly
14:38 tcohen Joubu provided the patches
14:38 Joubu bug 30462 and bug 30982
14:39 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30462 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Signed Off , Should the background job list view hide index tasks by default?
14:39 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30982 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Signed Off , Use the REST API for background job list view
14:39 cait1 #action Task queue: marcelr willt take on bugs 27421 and 30718
14:39 thd If the test run succeeds without problems we can make it official.
14:39 tcohen thd: awesome :-D
14:39 tcohen will get everything ready for next week then :-D
14:39 tcohen please email me about the specific versions you need for production
14:39 thd We probably will not lock the database for an initial run so as not to give false warnings.
14:39 tcohen (mariadb, mediawiki)
14:39 cait1 #info Wiki update: test run (and maybe more ) scheduled for next Tuesday (2022-08-23)
14:40 cait1 tcohen: bit lost about taks queue, anything to #info or #action?
14:40 tcohen qa_team: high priority for 30462 and 30982 please
14:40 thd We may never lock the database.  A warning message may be placed on the wiki instead.  Locking through MediaWiki was deprecated.
14:41 cait1 #action qa_team high priority for bugs 30462 and 30982
14:41 tcohen # ERM
14:41 tcohen Joubu?
14:41 wahanui Joubu is starting to brew again
14:41 tcohen \o/
14:41 thd tcohen: Everything is really ready now but I have not committed and have to go out this afternoon.
14:42 tcohen thd: I need to take the kids to school as well
14:42 cait1 we can come back to ERM
14:42 cait1 anything on other roadmap projects?
14:42 cait1 I think we arleady covered some of C4 rewrite and dates handling with the bugs mentioned before
14:43 tcohen only the CSRF framework they've been building, high priority and team work required. Andrii offered his team's help
14:43 tcohen nugged++
14:43 Joubu tcohen: nothing new
14:43 cait1 for the staff interface design, oleonard showed some really nice mock-ups for changing up the search a bit the other day
14:43 Joubu test the UI, read the code, be involved
14:44 cait1 #info ERM: test the UI (sandbox is provided), read the code, be involved
14:44 Joubu ERM entry point is:[…]oha-erm/wiki/home
14:44 Joubu everything is there
14:44 wahanui i already had it that way, Joubu.
14:44 cait1 #info Staff interface design: Test and give feedback, sandbox also provided
14:45 cait1 #info ERM: entry point is Taiga:[…]oha-erm/wiki/home
14:45 cait1 giving you another minute while i type the next topic
14:45 tcohen moving on
14:45 cait1 #topic Actions from last meeting
14:45 cait1 liliputech is not around - so I think we'll postpone that one again
14:46 cait1 #action liliputech (deferred from previous meeting) discuss koha CI (docker  image built + manual build) hosting on gitlab instance provided by  BibLibre's partner AFI.
14:46 cait1 #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas)
14:46 cait1 I got something here
14:46 * tcohen too
14:46 cait1 at the last dev meeting, which was in the other timeslot, we made a decision on LTS
14:47 khall_ joined #koha
14:47 cait1 #info First LTS version will be 22.11, maintained for 3 years. Regular releases maintained for 1.5 years. Support for LTS versions will overlap 1.5 years. 4 Rmaints required, but we expect lower load on the older LTS.
14:48 cait1 i think sending an email was planned - updating the wiki page for LTS at least
14:48 cait1 #action Katrin to update LTS wiki page with current information from last dev meeting
14:48 cait1 tcohen?
14:48 wahanui tcohen is the man you want to thank
14:48 Joubu tcohen: thanks
14:50 cait1 tcohen, your turn :)
14:51 tcohen a sec
14:52 tcohen ok
14:52 tcohen Bug 31374 introduces a non public attribute for suggestions
14:52 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=31374 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, lucas, NEW , Add a non-public note column to the suggestions table
14:52 anne Hello again, I want to change type document to book.  Thanks for the help : I tried to use the batch item modification tool. I got something like this : It will be processed as soon as possible. But nothing happens... Is there anything specific to be run ?
14:52 tcohen I would like to propose some guideline about generating the public_read_list sub
14:53 tcohen even if there's no public API yet
14:53 tcohen so there's no leak
14:53 tcohen once someone writes the API
14:53 tcohen this could be defered until the API is written, but worth asking if we shuold enforce at QA
14:53 tcohen opinions?
14:53 wahanui opinions are good, base for discussion
14:54 marcelr what is your guidline ?
14:54 cait1 what is a read_list?
14:54 tcohen "If you are adding a non-public attribute, and the class doesn't have public_read_list yet, you need to add it'
14:54 marcelr i remember writing the famous AllowList and DenyList
14:55 tcohen yes, marcelr that one
14:55 tcohen sort of
14:55 tcohen do we agree on such requirement?
14:55 marcelr yes
14:55 tcohen I know lukeg will do it because he asked me and it felt like a good compromise
14:56 ashimema from memory public_read_list is a allowlist..
14:56 tcohen it is
14:57 ashimema the question is do we require the sub yet.. or gracefully fall back to all fields
14:57 lukeg joined #koha
14:57 ashimema if we fall through.. we probably shouldn't
14:57 ashimema we should force devs to impliment the sub
14:57 tcohen I feel like we should force it
14:57 marcelr Koha Object ?
14:57 marcelr empty list
14:58 cait1 just a warning: please summarize your conclusion yourself, I got lost
14:58 tcohen marcelr: things don't break, there's an empty list
14:58 cait1 #chair tcohen
14:58 huginn Current chairs: cait1 tcohen
14:58 cait1 #chair ashimema
14:58 huginn Current chairs: ashimema cait1 tcohen
14:58 ashimema[…]ha/
14:58 ashimema we should throw an exception there instead
14:59 tcohen the situation is you're adding a non-public attribute and that's when you need to address it
14:59 ashimema so it requires devs to always impliment it
14:59 ashimema hmm
14:59 ashimema hard
15:00 tcohen if you delay it, the next one will need to go through the fields to check again...
15:00 ashimema 'private' could have been an attribute of the field itself.. but I don't think we ever got that far
15:00 ashimema it turned out more complex
15:00 bag joined #koha
15:00 tcohen we could've gone the is_boolean route at the schema level... hmmm
15:00 ashimema indeed, we could
15:01 ashimema I like the simple allowlist approach as it's fail safe though
15:01 ashimema but throwing an exeption would require all existing public endpoints get the corresponding public_read_list sub adding properly
15:01 ashimema not sure how many of those there are already.
15:02 ashimema I'm sure we could knock them off pretty quick
15:02 tcohen ok, I will make a counter proposal
15:03 tcohen let's accept patches introducing public_read_list() even if it is not used yet
15:03 cait1 #action tcohen will make a counter proposal about public_read_list()
15:03 tcohen that way devs can help our future us
15:03 cait1 i hope that makes sense
15:03 ashimema fair enough
15:03 tcohen it doesn't cait haha
15:03 ashimema I'm still not so sure
15:04 tcohen what's causing your doubt?
15:04 ashimema if your adding a private field now.. is it your job to ascertain which other fields that already exist should also be private?
15:04 cait1 tcohen: you can fix it :)
15:04 ashimema or.. should the person adding the /public route in the API do that job..
15:05 cait1 we are running a bit overtime
15:05 tcohen ashimema: that's why I counter-proposed
15:05 ashimema as it's an allowlist not a denylist we would fail safer by someone missing adding the a public field to the public_read_list
15:05 tcohen that if the dev has the time to invest on publid_read_list(), accept the submission
15:06 ashimema ah.. okies.. i see
15:06 ashimema yeah.. I'm game for that certainly
15:06 tcohen any objections?
15:06 ashimema I still think it would be a really good idea to throw an exception in that line I linked to above..
15:06 ashimema to 'force' use the public_read_list for any/all /public endpoints..
15:07 ashimema so we can't forget and inadvertently open a private field up.
15:07 tcohen Yeah, I like it
15:07 * ashimema did this only a day or two ago in a local development ;P
15:07 tcohen would you please file it?
15:07 ashimema sure
15:07 tcohen thanks, CC or assign it to me whatever you wanna do about it
15:08 cait1 please action and info now :)
15:08 tcohen #action Martin will file a bug making Koha::Object::public_read_list throw an exception
15:08 cait1 done?
15:08 tcohen #info When adding a private attribute to a Koha::Object class, remember to check public_read_list()
15:08 tcohen yes
15:09 cait1 #topic Review of coding guidelines
15:09 cait1 thx!
15:09 ashimema ho.. I'm wrong..
15:09 cait1 tcohen: You mentioned earlier that there was a need for new coding guideline additions
15:09 ashimema we already fail safe.. we just don't pass any fields so you wouldn't see anything in the response
15:09 ashimema coolios
15:09 cait1 is there any list or anything specific or could we move that to next meeting?
15:09 tcohen we are overtime
15:09 tcohen let's move it
15:09 ashimema indeed
15:10 tcohen I'll add anything relevant on next's agenda
15:10 cait1 woudl be great if you coudl give some pointers on ageda or on the bugs (and I'Ll move it to agenda)
15:10 cait1 yep
15:10 cait1 #action tcohen to add anything relevant to next meeting's agenda (or point out the bugs)
15:10 cait1 #topic Set time of next meeting
15:10 cait1 I thin ti would be Wednesday in 2 weeks at last meetings timeslot?
15:10 * tcohen has to go downstairs feed the little beasts
15:10 cait1 31 August 2022, 21 UTC
15:11 cait1 ok?
15:11 tuxayo Hi and I missed the meeting :o
15:11 tcohen ok
15:11 tuxayo let me check the last logs
15:11 cait1 waiting for you tuxayo
15:11 tuxayo Yes 31 August 2022, 21 UTC
15:11 khall joined #koha
15:12 cait1 thx
15:12 cait1 #info Next meeting: 31 August 2022, 21 UTC
15:12 cait1 #endmeeting
15:12 huginn Meeting ended Wed Aug 17 15:12:09 2022 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:12 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-08-17-14.14.html
15:12 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]2-08-17-14.14.txt
15:12 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]17-14.14.log.html
15:12 cait1 thx all for attending :)
15:12 tuxayo cait++
15:12 tuxayo Thanks for chairing
15:12 tuxayo And the next in the time slot? Same hour september the 14th?
15:13 tuxayo *the same time slot
15:16 tuxayo Let's say that for now unless we decide something else.
15:16 tuxayo #info Next next meeting: 14 September 2022, 14 UTC
15:16 cait1 makes sense
15:19 thd tcohen: Why is running a MySQL database as root not an uncertain potential future security issue for some code fault unless it is certainly the only database running on the MySQL server?
15:19 khall_ joined #koha
15:21 thd Maybe tcohen has left for a school run.
15:23 thd ashimema: Do you have a view about why running a MySQL database as root would not be an uncertain potential future security issue for some code fault unless it is certainly the only database running on the MySQL server?
15:24 ashimema i'm no expert
15:24 ashimema but..
15:24 ashimema it would only ever be the only database... because it's inside the container
15:24 ashimema is that not the idea of containers..
15:26 thd Yes, I was just thinking about my previous discussion with tcohen when he suggested that it would be good to connect the database to something which ran multiple databases for better efficiency.
15:28 thd Also, one would want the database store to be persistent such that the database would still be present even if you dropped and replaced the application container.
15:28 tcohen thd: if that was the case, you wouldn't care about it being root or anything else
15:28 tcohen data volumes or mounts are used for persistence all the itme
15:29 vfernandes joined #koha
15:29 vfernandes hi #koha
15:29 thd Sorry lost context, if what "that was case"?
15:29 tcohen external DB
15:30 tcohen
15:30 tcohen look at 'Where to store data'
15:30 oleonard Oh no I missed a meeting
15:30 tcohen you lost THE meeting
15:32 oleonard Everyone volunteered me for everything?
15:33 thd tcohen: Would not part of the point of running an external DB that you could have more efficient use of resources by running multiple databases on the external DB server even if running for docker.
15:33 thd oleonard: You were noted as already having volunteered yourself.
15:33 * ashimema steps asside.. my docker knowledge can be measured in grains of sugar
15:35 thd ashimema: Have you not adopted the fashion of running everything possible in a container?
15:39 tcohen ashimema: would you join us next week for deploying the wiki?
15:39 tcohen bbl
15:40 thd tcohen: I may be out for a long period today.
15:47 oleonard Here's a more polished version of something I demoed yesterday:
15:52 vfernandes it's possible to run plugins under Plack? we are developing a plugin but it's running slower than integrated in Koha code... checking the logs the request never arrives to Plack
15:54 oleonard Now with a second alternative where the form position changes with each option
15:55 vfernandes can we add an entry in plack.pgsi file for the plugins folder? anyone is doing this?
15:57 vfernandes oleonard: that interface looks clean ;)
16:52 ashimema Nice oleonard
17:01 paulderscheid[m] @later tell mtj The 22.05 branch works like a charm, both on M1 Macbooks and aws instances.
17:01 huginn paulderscheid[m]: The operation succeeded.
17:18 thd joined #koha
17:19 cait1 nice :)
17:22 cait1 oleonard: I am torn... it's nice but not sure how it woudl work with the extra options on catalog search and the input moves
17:23 cait1 i might have liked the other approach better where they were below, because i assumed it would leave more room for those extras
18:20 cait joined #koha
18:24 cait joined #koha
18:38 paulderscheid[m] <oleonard> "Now with a second alternative..." <- It would be good with this layout if the input field got automatically focussed on click
18:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 31382: Regression tests <[…]d3c0c7568995bb11d>
18:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 31382: Pass password_has_expired param to templte <[…]5173b4493d7e9e8fc>
18:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29782: Fix handling records without title or content <[…]6476a6d6f65511b67>
18:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 31222: Reduce query size for batchMod <[…]3f308e452f4f5da05>
19:40 fridolin joined #koha
21:16 cait joined #koha
21:35 alexbuckley joined #koha
23:40 aleisha joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary