IRC log for #koha, 2022-06-08

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:14 fridolin joined #koha
00:33 davidnind1 left #koha
02:39 alexbuckley joined #koha
02:48 dcook TIL that Docker's MySQL defaults to latin1 instead of utf8... yeesh
05:00 reiveune joined #koha
05:00 reiveune hello
05:30 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
05:57 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
06:09 fridolin joined #koha
06:09 magnuse joined #koha
06:46 cait joined #koha
06:48 cait1 joined #koha
06:49 philor joined #koha
06:49 felicia joined #koha
06:50 cait1 IRC meeting in a few?
06:52 lds joined #koha
06:57 Joubu cait1: nope, it's at 21:00 utc
06:57 alex_ joined #koha
06:58 alex_ Bonjour
06:58 wahanui salut, alex_
06:58 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
07:02 cait1 oh the other 9
07:03 cait1 this one showed up wrongly in my calendar
07:03 cait1 Joubu: webseite says 11
07:03 cait1 pm
07:10 Joubu cait1: the website?
07:10 wahanui somebody said the website was updated
07:16 cait1 Joubu: has 11pm for me
07:16 cait1 but you said UTC... I am just not awake yet I guess
07:19 Joubu 21UTC must be 23 for you
07:19 Joubu you lost me :D
07:19 liliputech joined #koha
07:21 cait1 it's alright :) sorry for beign confusing, I'll wait with more comments until the first coffee/tea kicks in next time
07:23 magnuse \o/
07:25 lds joined #koha
07:36 fridolin cait1: my fault i created at 11am UTC but it is 11am for Tahiti time, its
07:37 fridolin Victor notices that and altered the ML
07:37 fridolin i fixed it yesterday
07:39 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
07:39 cait1 fridolin: ok, not going crazy, that's good to know :)
07:43 fridolin ^^
07:44 * fridolin first QA whoooo
07:50 ashimema fridolin++
07:51 * ashimema is out today so won't be around much.
07:55 magnuse fridolin++
07:56 fridolin "a great power implies ..."
07:56 fridolin ... mmm to use it ^^
08:19 cait1 use it _wisely_ ;)
08:33 m23 joined #koha
08:49 m23 joined #koha
08:51 m23_ joined #koha
09:04 FlorianB joined #koha
09:16 liliputech hello, i didn't manage to backport bz30742 to 21.11.x, lots of conflicts and time is limited, i'm afraid that if i take a lot of time on some single bugs it makes it hard for me to keep up with lucas!
09:18 magnuse bug 30742
09:18 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30742 major, P5 - low, ---, nick, Pushed to stable , Confusion when placing hold on record with no items available because of not for loan
09:18 Joubu liliputech: you should not rebase yourself if it's not trivial
09:18 Joubu so asking the original author for a rebase is the way to go
09:18 liliputech thx Joubu, that's what I needed to hear :)
09:19 liliputech so, now going over to the next bz to backport :)
09:23 magnuse liliputech++
09:24 m23 joined #koha
09:28 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
09:35 m23_ joined #koha
10:26 oleonard o/
10:37 khall joined #koha
10:40 cait joined #koha
10:45 khall_ joined #koha
11:02 magnuse \o
11:11 jase joined #koha
11:11 jase Hello
11:12 jase I would like to know current stable version of koha?
11:12 oleonard jase: The latest stable version is always highlighted on the Koha home page:
11:12 jase Now using koha 3.15. I want to update new stable vesrion.
11:13 oleonard Upgrading from such an old version will be more difficult than usual.
11:13 jase I can see that 22.05
11:14 jase Do you have any other suggestion?
11:14 marcelr joined #koha
11:14 marcelr o/
11:22 magnuse "When you use the basic license, the Elasticsearch security features are disabled by default." hmmm...
11:22 marcelr hash- or arrayref expected (not a simple scalar, use allow_nonref to allow this) at /usr/share/koha/opac/ line 564
11:24 oleonard jase: Don't be too alarmed about the jump from 3 to 22, we changed Koha's numbering convention at one point to start following a year/month pattern. But your version is still quite old.
11:25 jase left #koha
11:26 marcelr Commit 71f54a75713c5d5a6acfbdd3fefe1166ea0efafd
11:26 marcelr -    $pasarParams .= '&query=' . uri_escape_utf8($query); +    $pasarParams .= '&query=' . uri_escape_utf8(encode_json($query));
11:26 marcelr a simple opac search already crashes on master
11:27 oleonard jase: I'm not an expert so I don't want to recommend any particular resource, but searching the web for "koha upgrade from 3" or something similar might help. In broad terms, you'll want to export your existing Koha database and import it into a new up-to-date Koha installation
11:46 magnuse tried to set up elasticsearch on ubuntu, and it pretty much just worked. now trying on debian, but can't get search to work, and seeing warnings about security not being configured in the logs. anyone got some pro tips?
11:53 oleonard magnuse: Maybe kidclamp owes you a favor for something?
11:53 magnuse hehe, i doubt it
11:54 oleonard magnuse: kidclamp may not remember it because he took quite a blow to the head, but you did save him from that wild boar attack in Marseille that one time.
11:54 marcelr bug 30925
11:54 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30925 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Cannot create public lists in OPAC or staff ?
11:55 magnuse oleonard: ah yes, that is true!
11:56 oleonard marcelr: Seems to work for me
11:56 marcelr current master
11:57 oleonard Yes
11:57 marcelr by adding items from detail
11:57 marcelr to a new list
11:57 oleonard Oh, sorry I checked without reading. I didn't test that.
11:59 magnuse huh, /cgi-bin/koha/admin/searcheng​ine/elasticsearch/ says Index 'koha_vaggeryd' needs to be recreated.
12:01 Joubu marcelr: seems to work for me
12:02 marcelr it occurs when adding items to a new list
12:02 Joubu > "save to your lists" > add to new list "foo" private > save
12:02 marcelr via addbybiblionumber
12:02 Joubu the new list is created
12:02 marcelr it is private
12:02 marcelr but i want a public one / check allowpubliclistcreation
12:03 Joubu ok, creating a public list will create a private list
12:03 marcelr yep
12:03 marcelr i will refine the title
12:03 Joubu your bug report was missing some info ;)
12:04 marcelr bug 30925
12:04 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30925 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Creating public list by adding items to new list creates a private list
12:05 Joubu var "category" is not retrieved from opac/
12:06 Joubu Bug 28959: (follow-up) Adjust all places in which 'category' was used
12:06 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28959 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, RESOLVED FIXED, virtualshelves.category is really a boolean
12:06 marcelr hmm another suspect found?
12:07 Joubu -my $category        = $query->param('category');
12:07 marcelr i was looking for a public= parameter
12:07 Joubu +my $public          = $query->param('public');
12:07 Joubu but it does not modify the template...
12:08 marcelr 21.11
12:13 kidclamp magnuse - I vaguely remember having to configure security out of the box - add the following in elasticsearch.yml: false
12:13 kidclamp[…]ng-message/274421
12:14 magnuse kidclamp: ok, thanks
12:14 magnuse i think maybe i was trying the wrong version, should it be 6?
12:14 * kidclamp nods
12:15 magnuse described here? https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ian#Elasticsearch
12:17 lds joined #koha
12:17 kidclamp that looks right, but wizzyrea does most of the installs now, I just ask her to make magic :-)
12:17 oleonard-away wizzyrea: Hidden wizard
12:18 Joubu marcelr: so the last patch on bug 30813 is not correct, do you agree with that?
12:18 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30813 normal, P5 - low, ---, nick, Passed QA , Refactor TransformMarcToKoha to remove TransformMarcToKohaOneField
12:19 FlorianB Hello koha people
12:19 magnuse kidclamp: thanks
12:20 marcelr Joubu whats wrong with the last patch? i just say do not import any names just require the module since i am calling it
12:20 FlorianB Joobu: Regarding the bug 3544, can you give me the field where you used the upload plugin?
12:20 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3544 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Value builder plug-ins don't work with repeatable subfields
12:20 Joubu marcelr: Sorry but... please explicitely list the subroutines you will be using in the scripts/modules
12:20 Joubu third time
12:20 Joubu not sure why you are telling me I don't understand what you meant
12:20 Joubu don't use Module qw();
12:21 Joubu the point of 17600 is to clean the imports and list the subroutines
12:21 Joubu for import cleaning purpose
12:21 Joubu and not have unecessary use statements
12:21 Joubu I am done now :)
12:21 marcelr ok ok
12:21 liliputech hi, for things i've decided not to backport (like big enhancement patch such as 30055) shall i update bugzilla status to resolved fixed?
12:22 marcelr Joubu in that case the previous patches needs adjustment; since they are calling a routine prefixed with C4:: etc
12:22 marcelr i just changed use Module; to use Module qw(); to state explicitly that we were not importing anything
12:22 marcelr so the problem is before that
12:23 marcelr iirc we still have some strange circular stuff where we 'solved' it with adding such prefixes too
12:24 Joubu Yes, you don't have to import, it will work if you are using the full namespace, but I suggested to have them anyway in the use statements for cleaning purpose
12:24 marcelr right i will adjust the report
12:24 Joubu cleaning and readability. You open the file and now directly what you will be doing with the file
12:24 Joubu no need to search for you package in the file
12:25 marcelr as you notice, we will have a hard time keeping it like that ;)
12:25 Joubu I am trying to keep it like that, and I thought I communicated enough about that change. Apparently not :)
12:26 marcelr communication is an art
12:39 marcelr Joubu: git grep -l -E 'use C4(::\w+)+;'  has still 948 occurrences ;)
12:39 marcelr hits
12:40 liliputech pushing 6 commits to 21.11 :)
12:43 Joubu marcelr: C4::Context at least is not relevant
12:43 marcelr thats a good start
12:45 marcelr maybe we should still add a coding guideline too (or adjust PERL14)
12:46 marcelr about minimizing exports
12:48 tcohen hi  all
12:48 tcohen I plan to migrate jenkins soon, anyone has objections?
12:49 tcohen there will be some downtime due to timezone stuffs with Chri
12:49 tcohen s
12:53 oleonard liliputech: Did someone answer you? I believe you're correct. If you don't backport, it's resolved fixed.
12:54 liliputech thx oleonard :)
12:54 marcelr tcohen++
12:55 marcelr tcohen: opac search is broken on master for zebra
12:55 tcohen is it?
12:55 marcelr cant search nothing now
12:55 marcelr nada
12:55 * tcohen faints
12:56 marcelr nada,nada
12:56 * tcohen tries to remember how to start KTD
12:56 marcelr migrate it?
12:57 simon_ joined #koha
12:57 tcohen Waiting for the kid at a cafe, the mac has old docker images and is not loading KTD
12:57 tcohen heh
12:58 simon_ joined #koha
12:58 simon_ hi everyone!
12:58 oleonard Works for me marcelr
12:59 marcelr zebra only setup oleonard?
12:59 oleonard yes
12:59 tcohen commit 2da14cf8c10c2d5165220e6657b279b37aa02f81
12:59 tcohen Author: Nick Clemens <>
12:59 tcohen Date:   Thu Apr 14 12:20:09 2022 +0000
12:59 tcohen Bug 30528: Process limits before handling CCL query
12:59 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30528 normal, P5 - low, ---, nick, Pushed to master , Limits are not correctly parsed when query contains CCL
12:59 tcohen that's the only recent change
13:00 tcohen and queries certainly worked for me
13:00 simon_ i may have found ab bug: do the acquisiton and the subscription intranet detail tab work for you in 21.11?
13:00 marcelr Bug 30844
13:00 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30844 minor, P5 - low, ---, kevin.carnes, Pushed to master , The OPAC detail page's browser is limited to the current page of results when using Elasticsearch
13:00 marcelr commit 71f54a75713c5d5a6acfbdd3fefe1166ea0efafd
13:01 oleonard simon_: Do they simply not appear or is there some other symptom?
13:01 simon_ the tab is there, but no content
13:01 tcohen anyone experiencing this?
13:01 tcohen koha-koha-1       | Running [sudo koha-shell kohadev -p -c 'PERL5LIB=/Users/tcohen/perl5​/lib/:/Users/tcohen/git/koha perl /kohadevbox/misc4dev/ -v --opac-base-url --intranet-base-url --marcflavour MARC21']...
13:01 tcohen koha-koha-1       | Can't locate C4/ in @INC (you may need to install the C4::Installer module) (@INC contains: /Users/tcohen/perl5/lib/ /Users/tcohen/git/koha /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.32.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.32.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.32 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.32 /usr/share/perl/5.32
13:01 tcohen /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at /kohadevbox/misc4dev/ line 25
13:02 simon_ it seems there is a closing </div> missing for <div id="components"> in the
13:02 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:03 oleonard simon_: That is a known bug. Bug 30721
13:03 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30721 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to master , Markup error in detail page's component parts tab
13:03 oleonard The fix has not been backported yet.
13:03 simon_ ah ok cool, thx
13:03 simon_ i am really bad at finding bugs in bugzilla it seems
13:04 oleonard simon_: It took me a couple tries even though I'm the one who filed it!
13:05 kidclamp marcelr: search working for me on master
13:05 simon_ ;)
13:06 marcelr ok kidclamp
13:06 wahanui i heard kidclamp was the guy with an amazing moustache
13:06 simon_ joined #koha
13:06 oleonard wahanui: And let it never not be true
13:06 wahanui oleonard: i'm not following you...
13:06 oleonard wahanui: You should follow me on Twitter
13:06 wahanui oleonard: sorry...
13:10 oleonard_ joined #koha
13:11 shohl joined #koha
13:11 oleonard_ Thanks power blip.
13:14 oleonard_ I wonder if one should not be able to have no cash register set when cash registers are enabled
13:15 oleonard_ If it shouldn't be possible to have no cash register set, we should require that a default cash register be defined for each branch
13:16 oleonard_ Either way it would be nice to be able to set a default cash register from the library edit interface as well.
13:17 alohabot 🎁 🐮 Koha '21.11.x' packages pushed to 'koha-staging' repo  ðŸ¬ðŸ˜ðŸ¥–
13:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_D10 build #103: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.11_D10/103/
13:18 oleonard ashimema around?
13:19 liliputech yay \o/
13:19 liliputech @seen ashimema
13:19 huginn liliputech: ashimema was last seen in #koha 5 hours, 28 minutes, and 16 seconds ago: * ashimema is out today so won't be around much.
13:19 tcohen marcelr, kidclamp with QueryAutoTruncate, searching for '*' returns no results
13:19 tcohen QueryAutoTruncate=off
13:20 khall joined #koha
13:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_U20 build #89: UNSTABLE in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.11_U20/89/
13:25 khall_ joined #koha
13:27 magnuse "elasticsearch.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'" yeah, that's really helpful
13:28 cait1 liliputech: coudl you have a look at backproting bug 30721? pushed in May, maybe it was missed earlier on
13:28 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30721 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to master , Markup error in detail page's component parts tab
13:33 cait1 ashimema said he was not around today
13:33 cait1 earlier :)
13:38 oleonard Yes but now *I'M* asking ;)
13:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_U22 build #23: SUCCESS in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.11_U22/23/
13:50 lukeg joined #koha
13:53 kidclamp tomas hasn't that always been the case?
13:53 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
13:53 wahanui Congratulations!
13:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_D11 build #115: FIXED in 1 hr 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.11_D11/115/
13:53 liliputech cait1: sure, I'll have a look!
13:53 tcohen kidclamp: is it correct?
13:54 tcohen the report mentioned that querying for '*' worked but browsing next results didn't
13:55 kidclamp in zebra * returns nothing, in ES it should return everything
13:55 tcohen you say we are not translating '*' to the right query in zebra
13:57 kidclamp on something else, will check that report again, I missed that link
13:57 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_D9 build #81: SUCCESS in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_21.11_D9/81/
13:58 cait joined #koha
14:01 cait1 tcohen: * never worked in Zebra
14:05 FlorianB Hi again, had to step away from the computer, I think my earlier question got drowned in other discussions
14:05 FlorianB Joobu: Regarding the bug 3544, can you give me the field where you used the upload plugin?
14:05 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3544 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Value builder plug-ins don't work with repeatable subfields
14:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_U18 build #93: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 22 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.11_U18/93/
14:09 Joubu FlorianB: 856$u
14:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_D12 build #76: SUCCESS in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.11_D12/76/
14:10 Joubu FlorianB:
14:16 FlorianB Thanks!
14:19 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
14:19 tcohen cait1: thats' a shame
14:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30850: DBRev <[…]f764bc32f98c4856e>
14:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30923: Remove EXPERIMENTAL mark on RESTOAuth2ClientCredentials <[…]47559dc2ee102ce05>
14:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30899: Correct dbrev 211200041 <[…]771924012d7890c6b>
14:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30850: (QA follow-up) Cosmetic changes to atomic update <[…]b7ed12f220fa92cd1>
14:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30850: dbrev to inform existing users of the mapping change <[…]52aec3e9b31501d02>
14:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30850: Add default mapping for to 110$a (MARC21) <[…]b1c01801d1334de84>
14:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30738: Log warnings for background MARC import <[…]9060b2800947982e8>
14:29 caroline @later tell davidnind do you mind if I merge a couple of requests in the manual?
14:29 huginn caroline: The operation succeeded.
14:30 Joubu oleonard: bug 8694 - did you test the patch?
14:30 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8694 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Failed QA , Show accurate subscription renewal warning for expired subscriptions
14:32 oleonard I don't remember, I just remember that I was seeing the bug happen. I can try your patch (again?) if that would help
14:34 liliputech cait1: just pushed 30721 to 21.11.x :)
14:34 oleonard liliputech++
14:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_D9 build #82: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_21.11_D9/82/
14:37 cait1 liliputech: thx!
14:38 cait1 tcohen: in Zebra you say: allrecords,AlwaysMatches=""
14:38 cait1 ... I guess that doesn't make things much better
14:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_D12 build #77: ABORTED in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.11_D12/77/
14:45 liliputech jenkins server move on it's way?
14:46 tcohen not yet
14:46 tcohen will do a test first
14:46 tcohen some workers won't be available due to the IP change
14:47 tcohen I'm moving it to a dockerized setup on
14:47 liliputech hum, them why did my last run got aborted? errors on the branch? hope not :(
14:47 liliputech tcohen: nice!
14:47 tcohen right now only is running on that portainer setup
14:48 tcohen any service we want to run can be set there
14:48 alohabot 🎁 🦄 Koha 'master' packages pushed to 'koha-staging' repo  ðŸ¥œðŸ¥ðŸ£
14:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30813: (QA follow-up) Adjust three use statements <[…]4f46268384b239144>
14:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30813: (follow-up) Correct C4::Breeding call <[…]a4e0d9ed29d29a42f>
14:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30813: (follow-up) ImportBatch updates <[…]099a2cd60a4299cf8>
14:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30813: Remove Koha::MetadataRecord::getKohaField <[…]2e46e71e136e11272>
14:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30813: Remove TransformMarcToKohaOneField <[…]25b77f5e9ae2684f5>
14:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30813: Adjust TransformMarcToKoha to take kohafields parameter <[…]ebbc4e44e8d8012e7>
14:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30813: Update TransformMarcToKoha to accept a hashref <[…]e487ca0ebd06b6911>
14:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30789: Improve performance of AddBiblio <[…]6ad001188aafd4350>
14:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30807: Migrate to patron-title in pay and paycollect <[…]b36f3fb62df54865d>
14:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30806: Migrate to patron-title in member-flags <[…]b3a101565eab302db>
14:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27519: Normalize Show/Don't show in system preferences <[…]0ac45003da1aab0b1>
14:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_D12 build #78: SUCCESS in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.11_D12/78/
14:54 koha-jenkins oleonard: Bug 30721: Markup error in detail page's component parts tab
14:54 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30721 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Markup error in detail page's component parts tab
14:57 AnneP joined #koha
14:58 cait1 bye #koha1
14:58 tcohen bye cait
15:00 bag joined #koha
15:00 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:00 wahanui Congratulations!
15:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_U20 build #90: FIXED in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.11_U20/90/
15:00 koha-jenkins oleonard: Bug 30721: Markup error in detail page's component parts tab
15:00 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30721 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Markup error in detail page's component parts tab
15:02 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30508: Do not display OPAC message about block from holds when OPACHoldRequests... <[…]c1860e47524430e95>
15:02 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29312: Remove unnecessary dot <[…]65d459d6b84126069>
15:02 AnneP Hello, I have just installed koha and I have a problem to change Koha to MARC mapping. Is this the place to ask that kind of question ?
15:03 oleonard Yes AnneP
15:03 alohabot 🎁 🐨 Koha '21.11.x' packages pushed to 'koha-staging' repo  ðŸ­ðŸ¥¨ðŸ¥–
15:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_D10 build #104: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.11_D10/104/
15:09 koha-jenkins oleonard: Bug 30721: Markup error in detail page's component parts tab
15:09 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30721 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Markup error in detail page's component parts tab
15:11 FlorianB left #koha
15:15 AnneP Thanks oleonard. (sorry for my english, I'm french). When  I import a new record, it doesn't work : the match is not made. So I went to this page : change Koha to marc mapping. It is surprising to me that so few of the fields are filled in! And for example, in the line biblio.abstract, I click "add" and put : 520,a but nothing happens
15:16 oleonard AnneP: No apologies necessary for your English, this is an international group. There are usually at least one or two French-speakers around actually.
15:17 oleonard AnneP: Did you do the step in the note on that page? "you must ask your administrator to run misc/"
15:18 caroline I was going to ask, when you say "nothing happens", does that mean that the page does not reflect the change?
15:18 cait joined #koha
15:20 AnneP Caroline : yes the page does not reflect the change.
15:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_D11 build #116: SUCCESS in 1 hr 12 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.11_D11/116/
15:20 koha-jenkins oleonard: Bug 30721: Markup error in detail page's component parts tab
15:20 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30721 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Markup error in detail page's component parts tab
15:21 AnneP Oleanard : when I run ./ I got some problems such as : unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 170. and DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::catch {...} (): DBI Connection failed: Can't call method "get" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/ line 61. at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/ line 139
15:23 caroline It's weird that there is nothing... usually there are default values and 520$a is already in biblio.abstract afaik
15:23 caroline I would check the logs the see if anything happens when you click 'Ok' to add the field
15:23 caroline Also, the fact that koha-conf.xml is not found is a problem in itself
15:24 alohabot 🎁 🦄 Koha 'master' packages pushed to 'koha-staging' repo  ðŸŒ®ðŸ¥ðŸ¥­
15:38 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_U18 build #94: FIXED in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.11_U18/94/
15:38 koha-jenkins oleonard: Bug 30721: Markup error in detail page's component parts tab
15:38 wahanui Congratulations!
15:38 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30721 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Markup error in detail page's component parts tab
15:40 AnneP Caroline : I don't understand either why I don't have default values... I looked at access.log and error.log (I'm not sure if it was the logs that should have been looked at) and nothing seems interesting.
15:41 caroline do you have an intranet-error.log?
15:41 oleonard AnneP: caroline is right that a koha-conf.xml error might be the root of many problems
15:43 liliputech evening koha
15:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_U22 build #24: SUCCESS in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.11_U22/24/
15:44 koha-jenkins oleonard: Bug 30721: Markup error in detail page's component parts tab
15:44 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30721 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Markup error in detail page's component parts tab
15:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_D12 build #79: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.11_D12/79/
15:45 AnneP Caroline : thanks, I have this in intranet-error.log (but does not correspond to now) :  [2022/06/08 08:24:39] [WARN] Error _processRow_DB C4::ImportExportFramework::_processRow_DB(): DBI Exception: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`koha_biblio`.`marc_subfield_structure`, CONSTRAINT `marc_subfield_structure_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`authorised_value`) REFERENCES `authorised_
15:46 oleonard AnneP: How did you install Koha?
15:46 caroline It might be related because the mappings are based on the framework. If the frameworks aren't correctly installed, the mappings might not be functional
15:48 AnneP this page : cgi-bin/koha/admin/ doesn't work (error 500). Perhaps the best thing to do is to reinstall koha ?
15:49 oleonard I think maybe so.
15:49 oleonard Watch carefully for any errors that show up during installation
15:49 AnneP Oleonard : i follow https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]e_a_Koha_instance (someone else has installed koha with the linux package)
15:53 AnneP How can I uninstall koha properly?
15:55 oleonard https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]kages#koha-remove
16:00 AnneP Thanks olenard and caroline. Bye
16:05 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_MDB_Latest build #948: FAILURE in 20 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1_MDB_Latest/948/
16:17 reiveune bye
16:17 reiveune left #koha
16:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #429: UNSTABLE in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/429/
16:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1996: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 24 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1996/
16:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #2051: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/2051/
16:42 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 30813: (follow-up) Fix tests import <[…]661935ecc253dae21>
16:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_My8 build #863: UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ster_D11_My8/863/
17:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U22 build #84: UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U22/84/
17:15 alohabot 🎁 🦄 Koha 'master' packages pushed to 'koha-staging' repo  ðŸ°ðŸœðŸ¢
17:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #158: UNSTABLE in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D12/158/
17:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #674: UNSTABLE in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/674/
17:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.11_D9 build #83: SUCCESS in 1 hr 19 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_21.11_D9/83/
17:53 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #430: FIXED in 1 hr 2 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/430/
17:53 wahanui Congratulations!
17:54 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:54 wahanui Congratulations!
17:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_MDB_Latest build #949: FIXED in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1_MDB_Latest/949/
17:59 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:59 wahanui Congratulations!
17:59 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_My8 build #864: FIXED in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ster_D11_My8/864/
18:30 tcohen marcelr: stop breaking the tests, please :-P
18:32 fridolin joined #koha
18:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #675: STILL UNSTABLE in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/675/
18:40 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
18:40 wahanui Congratulations!
18:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #2052: FIXED in 1 hr 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/2052/
18:47 tcohen c'mon green jenkins
18:48 tuxayo Hi #koha :)
18:48 tuxayo Reminder: meeting in 2h
18:55 m23 joined #koha
18:58 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
18:58 wahanui Congratulations!
18:58 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U22 build #85: FIXED in 1 hr 5 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U22/85/
19:06 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
19:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1997: FIXED in 1 hr 21 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1997/
19:06 wahanui Congratulations!
19:13 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
19:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #159: FIXED in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D12/159/
19:13 wahanui Congratulations!
19:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_MDB_Latest build #950: SUCCESS in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1_MDB_Latest/950/
19:36 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
19:36 wahanui Congratulations!
19:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #676: FIXED in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/676/
19:42 m23 joined #koha
19:48 caroline Bug 27212 affects the table in which page? the 'all available funds' here? https://staff-caroline.sandbox[…]qui/
19:48 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27212 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, lucas, RESOLVED FIXED, Add column configuration to the acquisitions home page
19:50 caroline I'm asking bc I don't see the 'Columns' button and the table settings don't affect 'all available funds', but it's the only table I see in acqui-home, so I'm a bit lost
19:56 tuxayo Reminder: meeting in 1h
19:58 MarkHofstetter1 joined #koha
20:32 liliputech joined #koha
20:33 liliputech hi koha (for 2nd time of the day)
20:40 davidnind joined #koha
20:46 davidnind1 joined #koha
20:50 davidnind2 joined #koha
20:50 tuxayo meeting in 10 min!
20:50 davidnind2 left #koha
20:51 davidnind2 joined #koha
20:51 tuxayo rmain- wait, the list is likely out of date
20:52 cait here :)
20:53 liliputech here :)
20:53 tcohen here-ish
20:55 thd joined #koha
20:56 tuxayo meeting in 4 min!
20:56 tuxayo rmaints?
20:56 wahanui rmaints are lukeg, liliputech and tuxayo
20:56 tuxayo qa_team?
20:56 wahanui qa_team is cait, marcelr, khall, kidclamp, kohaputti, lukeg, aleisha, fridolin, ashimema, tuxayo, nugged, petrova and Joubu
20:56 tuxayo botsnack wahanui
20:57 tuxayo wahanui botsnack cookie
20:57 wahanui :)
20:57 tuxayo :D
20:58 davidnind2 left #koha
20:59 tuxayo #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 8 June 2022
20:59 huginn Meeting started Wed Jun  8 20:59:53 2022 UTC.  The chair is tuxayo. Information about MeetBot at
20:59 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:59 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 June 2022)
20:59 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_8_june_2022'
21:00 tuxayo #topic Introductions
21:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 June 2022)
21:00 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
21:00 tuxayo #info Victor Grousset, Tuxayo VoG, France
21:00 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Cordoba, Argentina
21:01 liliputech #info Arthur Suzuki, BibLibre, France
21:01 cait hm if there are on more people we should decide something radical again :)
21:01 tuxayo rmaints?
21:01 wahanui rmaints are lukeg, liliputech and tuxayo
21:01 tuxayo qa_team?
21:01 wahanui qa_team is, like, cait, marcelr, khall, kidclamp, kohaputti, lukeg, aleisha, fridolin, ashimema, tuxayo, nugged, petrova and Joubu
21:01 mtj #info mason james, nz
21:02 mtj hi peeps
21:02 tuxayo hi ^^
21:02 tuxayo cait: what was the last radical decision? ^^
21:02 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
21:02 cait version numbering
21:03 tuxayo :o
21:03 liliputech any link to last meeting's minutes? :-'
21:04 tcohen rewrite the project in Rust
21:04 tuxayo RM said it, let's do it!
21:04 liliputech Whut?! ><'
21:04 tuxayo
21:04 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
21:05 tuxayo liliputech:​c_meeting_25_may_2022.2022-05-25-14.01.log.html
21:05 davidnind joined #koha
21:05 tuxayo https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-05-25-14.01.html
21:05 liliputech thx tuxayo!
21:06 liliputech oh, I was there :)
21:06 davidnind #info David Nind, New Zealand
21:06 tuxayo #topic Announcements
21:06 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 June 2022)
21:07 tuxayo Anything to announce that doesn't fit the other points in the agenda?
21:07 tuxayo #link Koha 22.05 released
21:07 tuxayo 🎉
21:08 liliputech BibLibre is having a internal camp last week of june, hopefully a good time to make a bugsquashing day with french librarians ?
21:08 liliputech from 27 of june up to 1st of july
21:09 cait no bad times for bug squashing
21:09 cait and early enough in the release for some big bugs too :)
21:09 liliputech tuxayo: if you're around, you should come over to Breteuil I guess :)
21:09 liliputech cait: any bugs you can think of?
21:09 tuxayo I wanted to do patch-testing sessions with french librarian like they do for translations. Great you had the same idea at BibLibre :D
21:10 cait #info Biblibre is having an internal camp from  27 of june up to 1st of july
21:10 tuxayo #info Need signoff queue is 250, help needed
21:10 davidnind #info Call for proposals for KohaCon22 closed on Friday 3rd June[…]s/kohacon22/#tab2 - approximately 21 submissions received
21:10 tuxayo liliputech: many ideas ↑
21:10 cait liliputech: if you ask me when the date is closer, i can probably give some hints
21:11 davidnind NSO queue at 243 at the moment...
21:11 cait thanks to you in large parts :)
21:11 tuxayo > 21 submissions
21:11 tuxayo cool
21:11 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, Tahiti
21:11 liliputech cait: I know we are interested in community work on grouped-holds and calendar holds at BibLibre, and other contributors also have solutions on this.
21:12 davidnind I had it down to 235, but it has no crept up (better than the over 300 it was a few months ago I think...)
21:12 tuxayo davidnind++
21:12 alexbuckley joined #koha
21:13 davidnind but everyone has been signing off on things, we keep adding things to it :-D
21:13 fridolin it is alive ! ^^
21:13 liliputech davidnind: that's a good thing!
21:13 tuxayo anything else to announce?
21:14 tuxayo #topic Update from the Release manager (22.05)
21:14 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (22.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 June 2022)
21:14 tuxayo tcohen: 🎙️
21:14 tuxayo *22.11
21:16 tuxayo It's after work hours in Argentina I guess, so tcohen might not be available continuously. Maybe they will come back latter in the meeting.
21:16 tuxayo #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
21:16 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 June 2022)
21:16 tuxayo rmaints?
21:16 wahanui rmaints are lukeg, liliputech and tuxayo
21:18 liliputech lukeg: you go first maybe since u'r the upest-stream?
21:18 tuxayo #info last release of 20.11 went well. I haven't touched 21.05, I will have some catch up on it.
21:19 tuxayo Likely lukeg isn't there so go liliputech
21:20 liliputech #info keeping up with 22.05.x branch, first time doing a release. hope all is going to be well.
21:20 fridolin We see a few backports on[…]ts/branch/22.05.x
21:21 liliputech #info I will be afk for the whole next week, 21.11.07 might be a little delayed.
21:21 * tuxayo sent a last minute meeting reminder to the folks at Catalyst, last time it worked (last time I forgot to tell them in the 1st place there was a meeting at a good time for Oceania ^^")
21:22 tuxayo liliputech: thanks for the info, no problem, the release can wait a few days.
21:22 tuxayo Did you check you have all the accesses though? Like on the website to post the release announcement.
21:23 liliputech tuxayo: verified my access to git repo (working) and manage the backports so far but may need some training on other tasks
21:23 tuxayo That + ssh for
21:24 liliputech is that in the wiki? didn't read all through maybe. seen that string freeze is on 15 and release on 22 (generally speaking).
21:24 liliputech (or forgot...)
21:25 tuxayo liliputech: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]nce#Initial_setup
21:25 rangi[m] sorry, sorta here
21:25 tuxayo hi :)
21:26 tuxayo liliputech: Follow this to be sure you have the right access. Because some can take a few days because only one person has the rights.
21:26 fridolin liliputech: we can meet to see how goes the backport and also for first release
21:26 tuxayo #action tuxayo add requesting access for ssh access for in Initial_setup of rmaint doc
21:26 liliputech focused on git, got to catchup my training on everything else. thx for the alert tuxayo! thx fridolin for the meeting proposal :)
21:27 tuxayo moving on?
21:27 tuxayo yw liliputech
21:28 tuxayo #topic Updates from the QA team
21:28 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 June 2022)
21:28 tuxayo qa_team?
21:28 wahanui i guess qa_team is cait, marcelr, khall, kidclamp, kohaputti, lukeg, aleisha, fridolin, ashimema, tuxayo, nugged, petrova and Joubu
21:28 cait QA queue is a little high right now, focusing on bugs right now
21:28 alexbuckley #info Alex Buckley, Catalyst IT
21:28 alexbuckley apologies for the late arrival!
21:28 cait 17 bugs waiting for QA atm
21:28 tuxayo hi :)
21:29 alexbuckley :)
21:29 * fridolin made its first passed QA and first failed QA
21:29 fridolin still warming up
21:29 cait we have a great team for this cycle and looking forward to see things moving smoothly
21:29 tuxayo Ah yes, focusing on bugs and not enhancements.
21:29 fridolin sure
21:29 cait yes, fridolin++ and aleisha++ too
21:29 tuxayo (17 bugs waiting)
21:30 cait for being 'new' on the team and QA'ing patches
21:30 fridolin focus on Recalls children bugs
21:31 tuxayo anything else?
21:31 wahanui anything else is necessarily going to be incremental.
21:32 tuxayo wise words about recalls indeed wahanui
21:32 cait hm nope
21:32 liliputech :)
21:33 davidnind #info Omnibus bug for recalls: Bug 29734 - [OMNIBUS] Recalls for Koha
21:33 tuxayo thanks
21:33 tuxayo #topic Status of roadmap projects
21:33 Topic for #koha is now Status of roadmap projects (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 June 2022)
21:34 tuxayo #link Roadmap
21:35 thd Finishing some scripts for wiki update testing.
21:35 fridolin cool
21:36 tuxayo #info Tomas in an email: «Feel free to comment there or add the things you plan to work on during this cycle. If there are already bugs filed, please add links to them as well.»
21:36 thd Difficult to catch two days of concentrated time with extra work.
21:37 mtj hi thd, shall we colab via irc to work on the wiki project?
21:39 aleisha joined #koha
21:39 aleisha sorry im so late!!
21:39 tuxayo no problem, hi :)
21:39 aleisha #info Aleisha Amohia, Catalyst IT Wellington New Zealand
21:39 fridolin great to see you ;)
21:40 * fridolin waves across ocean in direction to NZ
21:40 thd Sure mtj
21:40 aleisha :D
21:40 tuxayo #topic Actions from last meeting
21:40 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 June 2022)
21:40 tuxayo «fridolin audits major and critical bugs (new, assigned and need signoff) »
21:41 tuxayo I guess that was for the release ^^
21:41 tuxayo #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
21:41 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 June 2022)
21:41 cait mtj++
21:41 tuxayo #info «Status of the LTS release: It looks like we are no longer supporting 19.11, does this mean we have a new "LTS" version now or has the idea been dropped? (LTS workflow proposal)»
21:42 cait that one was from me
21:42 tuxayo 19.11 was never declared LTS last cycle, it's was like bonus ^^
21:42 cait we had it as lts on the docs page
21:42 mtj thd, we have an element/matrix gateway to koha-irc too (if prefered)
21:42 cait and maybe some othe rspots
21:42 tuxayo :o
21:42 cait i noticed when updating
21:42 aleisha catalyst isn't maintaining it anymore
21:42 cait yes, that's ok
21:42 liliputech #info BibLibre deploys 21.11 to it's clients lately.
21:42 davidnind #info LTS workflow proposal https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]workflow_proposal
21:43 cait I think we had discussed to do 3 years and it was now 2.5 which is still pretty good. I liked the idea of an LTS and maybe we could decide what the next LTS to be would be?
21:43 tuxayo I advanced quite a bit on that document but at some point my brain exploded trying to find all the posibilites.
21:43 cait same here
21:44 fridolin we may define 21.11 as LTS if someone stiks to it
21:44 cait I fail to see which would be hte logical next one for an LTS
21:44 cait I think the oldstable would make sense
21:45 liliputech cait: oldstable is now 21.11?
21:45 tuxayo I having an LTS with 3 RMaint and leaving the possibility to upgrade every year. From XX.11 to XX.11 or XX.05 to XX.05 isn't possible
21:45 cait because stable is 22.05
21:45 aleisha i agree 21.11 would be a good one
21:45 tuxayo There need to be some restriction in the posibilites for instances admins
21:45 cait i think bws is also updating to 21.11 or preparing for it?
21:46 liliputech fridolin: when you mean getting someone stix to it, you mean the Rmaint should be same for the 3 coming years?
21:46 davidnind so maintained for 2.5 years, then oldstable at that time becomes the next LTS? Should be a specific role for LTS version?
21:46 cait i think you'd be Rmaint LTS :)
21:47 fridolin liliputech: its a discussion to have on how/who indeed
21:47 cait i think 2.5 would be ok too if that is how it comes out now
21:47 liliputech cait: who's that "you" you're talking about?
21:47 * liliputech looking other his shoulder, seeing no one ^^
21:48 fridolin maybe  a specific role that takes action when version is older than oldoldstable
21:48 davidnind liliputech: I don't think it means it should be the same person for 3 years - just that someone fills the role each cycle
21:48 fridolin +1 ^
21:48 liliputech ok :)
21:48 cait ah :) we already have a 21.11 maint now
21:48 cait if no one signs up, I might be willing to put my hat in later on
21:48 davidnind over time, there should be fewer and fewer items to backport - apart from security bugs
21:49 tuxayo > specific role for LTS version
21:49 tuxayo Maybe that should be the way. Having a role because we struggle to find 3 Rmaints but actually LTS RMaint is much lighter than stable and oldstable
21:49 cait yes, I think in a year it's mostly watching for security bugs
21:49 liliputech i think it's good to have rolling roles for each individuals to get better overall knowledge and thoughts on the global process
21:49 cait I tihnk waht I meant to say is that it's an RMaint role like the others, but a little lighter as we gt more and more careful with the older versions
21:49 fridolin show 21.11 has more than 2000
21:50 tuxayo > it's mostly watching for security bugs
21:50 tuxayo That and big tickets about compatibility, like to still work with a sported ElasticSearch version for example.
21:50 tuxayo In a sense, it's security also.
21:50 cait 19.11 has some 'peek' in the data too
21:51 cait yes
21:51 tuxayo peak?
21:51 cait api stuff like that, breaking changes
21:51 cait maybe peak
21:51 liliputech cait
21:52 cait yes?
21:52 wahanui yes is something different :)
21:52 liliputech breaking changes? in an LTS?!
21:52 cait someone makes a change in an api we support
21:52 cait so it stops working in the version
21:52 rangi[m] ie amazon change their bookcovers
21:52 cait yes
21:52 tuxayo Could the LTS have an irregular release schedule? Otherwise, most of the work is making releases empty of commits but with just translation update.
21:52 rangi[m] then yeah we would have to backport it
21:52 liliputech cait: ok, that kind of breaking change (not on our side that means :))
21:53 cait i think if there is nothing, you don't release that month
21:53 cait maybe just put a note up in the wiki
21:53 liliputech rangi[m]: +1
21:53 rangi[m] 19.11 could still be lts if someone else wanted to take it over, there was nothign to release this month
21:53 cait and urgent security woudl trigger an out of schedule release as well
21:53 tuxayo Ah yes
21:54 tuxayo So LTS RMaint could be a very little commitment if one sticks only to security and big breaking issues and releases only when needed.
21:55 cait a watching role and maybe triggering devs to make patches fit the old version yes
21:56 fridolin like a wine-maker, looking at good millesimes ^^
21:56 cait heh
21:56 davidnind so, (1) LTS = 2.5 to 3 years (2) oldstable (which is now 21.11) or 19.11? (3) LTS role for each cycle (4) Mandate = security + things that are broken (APIs (external), dependencies (such as Elasticsearch), etc) (5) Irregular release - only when something is needed
21:56 cait so... do we agree on making 21.11 the next one labelled LTS?
21:56 tuxayo Yes, there is this more spread out commitment that for the few patches, it might be more effort to backport so far in time.
21:56 liliputech agreed
21:57 cait devs should help with that, but RMaint can alert
21:57 davidnind cait: +1
21:57 cait for onw 21.11 will still be a normally maintained release... and it will age like good wine :)
21:57 tuxayo Yes, spread out as in falling to other people, the devs of the most critical patches
21:58 tuxayo that looks a great summary  davidnind
21:58 liliputech davidnind: +1
21:58 cait mayve #info it?
21:58 liliputech #info Hello,
21:58 liliputech Les requêtes sont toujours de la forme :
21:58 liliputech[…]&api=2.0&action=7
21:59 liliputech Pour la table de correspondance entre la valeur du paramètre action et le type de donnée demandée au serveur de cache (vignette, bande-annonce, etc...):
21:59 liliputech[…]fine_services.php
21:59 liliputech Pour celle correspondant au types de doc (Document vidéo, livre, périodique), le README indique la correspondance :
21:59 tuxayo he he
21:59 liliputech[…]/master/
21:59 liliputech yups...
21:59 tuxayo no objections to the summary, then:
21:59 cait maybe just to remove the19.11
21:59 tuxayo Ah
21:59 cait i think moving up now would be good
22:00 tuxayo Maybe we could call on koha-devel if someone would like to continue 19.11 following the above guidelines?
22:00 tuxayo Or just moving up
22:00 fridolin and at the same time recrute for 21.11 LTS
22:01 davidnind and add to mandate: only essential backports after it reaches ololdstable?
22:01 fridolin or we could fill that role in 1 year
22:01 cait but... we already have a recruit for 21.1
22:01 cait 1
22:01 cait no need now :)
22:01 fridolin yep i mean for 21.11 LTS
22:01 liliputech fridolin: time to choose when it becomes LTS :)
22:01 cait i think in one year, we just need to make sure, we continually have an Rmaint for it
22:01 tuxayo > and at the same time recrute for 21.11 LTS
22:01 tuxayo I guess you mean to advertise that in 11 months, it will be a need?
22:01 liliputech (that means, in a yr)
22:02 fridolin people maybe want now to know if it will be an LTS
22:02 cait I said I'd do it if needed, but secretly I hope it won't be much of an issue
22:02 fridolin like we know it for Ubuntu LTS
22:02 cait yes, advertise now
22:02 cait but i think we don't need to worry about having the RMaint for the full cycle righ tnow
22:02 fridolin they may choose this version instead of 22.05
22:03 cait we have liliputech for the next 6 months and then we go from there
22:03 tuxayo No need for 19.11, good, there are some changes with updatedabase format that could be tedious anyway
22:04 cait it's just a feeling - announcing a newer version LTS now might also give this some momentum
22:04 tuxayo Should we already mark on the website that 21.11 is LTS with the expected support timeframe?
22:04 cait I'd like that
22:04 cait not sure wher eto put it on the website...
22:04 liliputech I'll do my best :) I'll see if I'm willing to continue RMaint on LTS or oldstable later. have to discuss also within BibLibre what's best for us
22:05 cait at the moment it shows up here:
22:05 davidnind so TS version summary so far, (1) LTS = 2.5 to 3 years (2) Start with oldstable (which is now 21.11)  (3) LTS role for each cycle (4) Mandate = security + things that are broken (APIs (external), dependencies (such as Elasticsearch), etc) + essential backports only once past oldoldstable (5) Irregular release - only when something is needed once past oldoldstable (6) Let everyone know what LTS is and what we mean for support (website, mail
22:05 davidnind ing list, manual section on supported versions, etc)
22:05 cait liliputech: sure! didn't meant ot tie you to it forever :)
22:06 davidnind so for such a long summary, hope haven't confiused things by adding oldoldstable
22:06 liliputech cait: maybe when i next release 21.11 i can advertise for this?
22:06 cait +1
22:06 * liliputech will try to keep that in mind
22:07 tuxayo So you will call it append LTS to 21.11 in the few relevant places?
22:07 liliputech tuxayo: +1
22:07 davidnind so for (3) to add LTS maintainer commitment is for the currently 6 monthly cycle
22:08 tuxayo I guess we can keep that
22:09 cait I think it doesn<'t need to be the same person all the tieme
22:09 davidnind shall I open a bug and include the summary and things we need to do, get feedback (for a short period) to refine, complete actions, and then update in the relevant places including sending to mailing list?
22:09 davidnind cait: that was what I was trying to reflect :)
22:09 cait sorry, late :)
22:10 cait it's late...
22:10 tuxayo davidnind: yes :D
22:10 davidnind cait++
22:10 cait a bug might be a starting poitn for changing the wiki and such
22:10 cait and the website
22:10 wahanui i heard the website was updated
22:10 cait so this is an agreed right?
22:10 davidnind wahanui: LOL
22:10 wahanui davidnind: sorry...
22:10 tuxayo +1 to ask if there are eventual objections/amendements in the list
22:10 davidnind +1
22:10 * fridolin has to leave in 10min
22:10 cait .... does that count as a radical decision being made? :)
22:11 cait probably not
22:11 tuxayo yes, I was thinking about that XD
22:11 davidnind #action davidnind to create bug to summarise discussions and next steps for LTS version of Koha
22:11 tuxayo So no changes in the website and wiki for now
22:11 cait if we want to ask for objections it needs to be via mailing list
22:11 cait bugs don't get seen
22:11 tuxayo #info LTS version summary
22:12 tuxayo #info (1) LTS = 2.5 to 3 years (2) Start with oldstable (which is now 21.11)  (3) LTS role for each cycle (4) Mandate = security + things that are broken (APIs (external), dependencies (such as Elasticsearch), etc) + essential backports only once past oldoldstable
22:12 tuxayo #info (5) Irregular release - only when something is needed once past oldoldstable (6) Let everyone know what LTS is and what we mean for support (website, mailing list, manual section on supported versions, etc)
22:12 liliputech shall i still advertise in next release?
22:12 cait so we should either ask on ML or make the changes
22:12 tuxayo davidnind: also advertise the ticket you open in the mailing list?
22:13 davidnind will do
22:13 liliputech we have to fix a deadline for NOGO response, otherwise you may get some late NOGO's (too bad for them?)
22:14 liliputech or mail is for advertisement, not for a vote?
22:14 tuxayo People are starting to get their annual leave so wait a few weeks if we want to be conservative?
22:14 cait deadlines always help to not have things get stuck
22:14 davidnind maybe for next 21.11 release indicate that it is proposed that 21.11 becomes the first(next?) LTS release - confirm or otherwise at next development meeting?
22:15 cait we can announce and deadline would be next dev meeting?
22:15 davidnind +1
22:15 liliputech ok for me
22:15 cait ook all mapped out:)
22:16 cait time to sleep :)
22:16 liliputech yup
22:16 tuxayo see ya
22:16 cait bye #koha :)
22:16 tuxayo #action davidnind request feedback for the above on the mailing list with next dev meeting (two weeks from now) as a deadline
22:16 tuxayo LTS topic wrapped up, right?
22:16 liliputech yep
22:16 davidnind yep
22:17 davidnind ...until the next time we discuss it
22:17 liliputech next time meeting?
22:18 tuxayo #topic Gitlab policy changes, register Koha as an Open Source project proper?
22:18 Topic for #koha is now Gitlab policy changes, register Koha as an Open Source project proper? (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 June 2022)
22:18 tuxayo no over yet ^^"
22:18 tuxayo #info see email discussion: https://lists.koha-community.o[…]2-May/047081.html
22:18 fridolin i bet we need Tomas for that
22:19 davidnind Defer to next meeting or go with consensus from mailing list discussion - which seemed to be apply
22:19 tuxayo #action tuxayo postpone topic Gitlab policy changes
22:19 tuxayo #topic bug Some highlights
22:19 Topic for #koha is now bug Some highlights (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 June 2022)
22:20 tuxayo #topic Some bug highlights
22:20 Topic for #koha is now Some bug highlights (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 June 2022)
22:20 tuxayo bug 28267
22:20 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28267 critical, P1 - high, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Koha-common package upgrade problem from 20.05.xx to 20.11.04-1
22:20 tuxayo Oh, I should looks at that
22:20 tuxayo bug 30907
22:20 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30907 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , List of checkouts won't load if item is recalled
22:20 fridolin the number of >= major is huge
22:20 liliputech from what i read : it can't be any of the koha service provider doing the action (non-profit). +do we actually use features advertised by gitlab in this program?
22:20 aleisha i can try and prioritise some
22:20 fridolin i've higlighted some critical ones
22:21 tuxayo bug 30899
22:21 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30899 critical, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to master , Upgrade sometimes fails at "Upgrade to"
22:21 fridolin if anyone can also walk to double check
22:21 liliputech that last one i will definitly have to backport
22:21 tuxayo liliputech: 30899 might be for interest for you
22:22 liliputech that's what he said :)
22:22 fridolin yep its a hot backport one ;)
22:22 tuxayo «it can't be any of the koha service provider doing the action (non-profit)»
22:22 tuxayo I feel we don't belong in the non-profit program, I'll say in the list.
22:22 davidnind liliputech: I think it is mainly the CD/CI minutes that we need, it would be the Koha Community applying
22:23 tuxayo thanks aleisha
22:23 liliputech davidnind: ok
22:23 tuxayo «do we actually use features advertised by gitlab in this program?»
22:23 tuxayo All our docker images are built by that IIUC
22:23 fridolin liliputech: looks like you may cherry-pick the commits from 22.05.x, they look identic to patches
22:23 tuxayo On every push on a stable branch, all the images for many OSes are built
22:23 liliputech davidnind: isnt the ci/cd handled by jenkins?
22:24 * fridolin has to go, have a nice day/night/between
22:24 tuxayo see ya
22:24 liliputech fridolin: waves
22:24 tuxayo liliputech: jenkins runs the tests but it uses the image built by GitLab CI
22:24 liliputech tuxayo: ok
22:25 davidnind liliputech: don't know, the manual needs the minutes (takes about 45 mins to 1 hour for each commit, unless we change to doing at set times)
22:25 liliputech 'kay
22:25 tuxayo Ah I forgot the manual
22:26 davidnind unless someone wants to setup and maintain a gitlab stack!
22:27 tuxayo Or find and instance that has CI and that could accept us for some money each month.
22:27 tuxayo *an instance
22:27 liliputech actually, some BibLibre's partner do host a gitlab instance :) and they use ci/cd. I don't know if they pay smthg for it though.
22:27 liliputech (AFI)
22:28 tuxayo that could be plan!
22:28 tuxayo Or hopefully hosting the CI isn't as hard as hosting a whole GitLab and we still have the repos on and the CI runs elsewhere.
22:28 davidnind should we set the time for the next meeting, and continue the discussion about GitLab on the mailing list until the next meeting?
22:28 tuxayo I think you can host your own running.
22:28 tuxayo ok
22:29 tuxayo #Set time of next meeting
22:29 liliputech hum. that must be discussed internally + that would make Koha depends on a single service provider...
22:29 liliputech I will discuss the matter with the team :)
22:29 liliputech (I mean the team hosting the gitlab instance)
22:30 davidnind I think the Koha Communities approach is to generally use free and open source software, or be able to "easily" run it ourselves if things "turn to custard"
22:30 davidnind ..Community's
22:30 tuxayo About the meeting in two week for Europe and Americas work hours, let's do the 22th then?
22:30 davidnind liliputech++
22:30 davidnind +1
22:30 liliputech Being part of gitlab opensource program may also bring some visibility and new fellow devs :)
22:31 liliputech er... can't be there on the 22th... will be in my afk week :(
22:31 tuxayo About the meeting in 4 weeks for Oceania and Americas work hours, the 6th of july and same hour? (21 UTC)
22:31 liliputech ok for the one on 6th july
22:32 thd Be careful that Gitlab service can bring in some features which are not free software when you do not self host Gitlab.
22:32 tuxayo +1
22:32 liliputech +1
22:32 tuxayo isn't the libre version
22:33 tuxayo #info Next meeting: 22 June 2022, 14 UTC
22:33 * liliputech keep in mind to discuss koha hosting on gitlab instance provided by BibLibre's partner AFI.
22:33 davidnind apart from the CD/CI minutes, I don't think we use any of the subscription only features
22:33 tuxayo #action liliputech discuss koha CI (docker image built + manuall build) hosting on gitlab instance provided by BibLibre's partner AFI.
22:34 tuxayo I've noted to set the same hour for meeting in 4 weeks.
22:34 tuxayo So we are done :)
22:34 tuxayo #endmeeting
22:34 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
22:34 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jun  8 22:34:43 2022 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
22:34 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-06-08-20.59.html
22:34 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]2-06-08-20.59.txt
22:34 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]08-20.59.log.html
22:34 tuxayo thanks all for attending :)
22:34 liliputech thk!
22:35 liliputech good night :)
22:35 tuxayo liliputech: «Being part of gitlab opensource program may also bring some visibility and new fellow devs :)» really?
22:35 davidnind tuxayo++
22:35 tuxayo Isn't it just about having paid feature for free?
22:35 aleisha tuxayo++
22:36 davidnind maybe we should still have the meeting in the next 2 weeks - but defer any items that need liliputech's input?
22:36 tuxayo «that would make Koha depends on a single service provider...»
22:36 tuxayo it's already a lot the case https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]te_Administration
22:37 tuxayo davidnind: yes, if liliputech hasn't followed up on the mailing list, I'll defer to the meeting after.
22:37 davidnind i the worst case scenario "we" could sit up a  GitLab instance using the open source version, as well as things needed for CD/CI
22:37 tuxayo > maybe we should still have the meeting in the next 2 weeks
22:37 tuxayo It's planned. 22 June 2022, 14 UTC
22:38 davidnind sorry, I misunderstood - having every 2 weeks keeps the momentum going...
22:39 tuxayo alternating between Oceania-Americas and Americas-Europe cause that people can only attend a meeting every 4 weeks.
22:39 tuxayo But they can still read the logs and leave stuff in the agenda for the meetings they can't attend.
22:39 davidnind the main things with the tools we use (as long as we have backups) is that we can move to a new service provider if things aren't working
22:41 davidnind we can all stay awake 24 hours :-D, but there is generally not a good sweet spot for meetings internationally  that accommodates all contributors - moving around is the compromise
22:41 tuxayo Having someone taking the time to solicit every hoster of out self hosted stuff to inspect the backup could be a good thing ^^
22:42 tuxayo *our self hosted stuff
22:42 davidnind probably a good community governance thing - ideally we should have no single point of failure...
22:44 tuxayo Indeed, I will raise the question of checking the backups.
22:45 tuxayo > there is generally not a good sweet spot for meetings internationally  that accommodates all contributors
22:45 tuxayo Damn round earth!
22:45 davidnind caroline: I'm going to do the merge requests today - if I haven't, feel free to fire away!
22:45 tuxayo I wish the problem would be harder because we don't have much contributions from Asia.
22:45 davidnind caroline: thanks for all your work!
22:46 tuxayo > moving around is the compromise
22:46 tuxayo yes, very happy that we started alternating again and that we have attendance from Oceania :)
22:47 davidnind there is certainly a lot of activity and adoption in Asia, just not too much direct contribution to the Koha Community in terms of the code
22:50 davidnind there was a KohaCon in Asia - KohaCon11 in Thane, India and KohaCon17 in the Phillipines
22:50 tuxayo > lot of activity and adoption in Asia
22:50 tuxayo Great :D What did you hear about it?
22:50 tuxayo And Pakistan
22:50 davidnind also, rangi has been the "Super Guest Star" at various conferences
22:50 tuxayo he he
22:51 davidnind Pakistan also, yes
22:52 davidnind the Koha Facebook group has a lot of contributions/questions from Asia
22:52 tuxayo :D
22:53 tuxayo > not too much direct contribution
22:53 tuxayo If we want to change that. How to do that? The only one I have is propose to Koha Pakistan session of patch testing with librarians. Any other ideas to outreach? Any other Asian communities besides Koha Pakistan?
22:53 davidnind nothing specific about Asia - just from the social media and other things I get the impression that it is "big" and used a lot
22:54 davidnind
22:55 davidnind I'm not sure, worthy of further discussion, particularly with those that have good contacts
22:56 davidnind also
22:59 tuxayo Ho, Malaysia :D
23:00 tuxayo Thanks for the leads :)
23:08 tuxayo Time to go, see ya :)
23:11 davidnind me too...
23:38 thd joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary