IRC log for #koha, 2022-05-04

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:05 tuxayo pLuS_: la upgrade que falla fue hecha hace 10 anos, quiere decir que su Koha tenia una version de 10 anos or mas. Es el caso?
00:06 tuxayo *o mas
00:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_MDB_Latest build #891: STILL UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1_MDB_Latest/891/
00:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #627: STILL UNSTABLE in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/627/
00:43 matts_ joined #koha
00:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U22 build #40: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 3 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U22/40/
00:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #2004: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 8 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/2004/
01:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #628: STILL UNSTABLE in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/628/
03:52 pLuS_ [tuxayo] hi
03:52 pLuS_ debian 11, Koha version:
03:58 pLuS_ now i have Koha version:
03:59 pLuS_ Configurando koha-common (21.11.05-1) ...
03:59 pLuS_ Upgrading database schema for bibliotecamafalda
03:59 pLuS_ Upgrading database schema for library
03:59 pLuS_ DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'koha_library.systempreferences' doesn't exist at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/ line 152.
03:59 pLuS_ DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'koha_library.systempreferences' doesn't exist at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/ line 152.
03:59 pLuS_ Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/ins​taller/data/mysql/ line 78.
04:17 pLuS_ its better now...
04:17 pLuS_ DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'koha_library.systempreferences' doesn't exist at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/ line 152.
04:31 mtj hi pLuS_, your 'library' database is probably empty, from a failed koha-create command
04:33 mtj if so, just remove it, and run 'apt upgrade' again
04:35 mtj sudo cp -a  /etc/koha/sites /etc/koha/sites.tmp
04:35 mtj sudo rm -rf /etc/koha/sites/library
04:35 mtj sudo apt upgrade koha-common
04:39 mtj .. or you can attempt to install a database for the 'library' instance from a webbrowser
04:42 mtj ..then run 'apt upgrade koha-common' to complete the upgrade
04:43 pLuS_ thanks, i changed debian11 for ubunu20
04:43 pLuS_ and i now i trying to install
04:44 pLuS_ guide:[…]-focal-fossa.html
04:48 mtj pLuS_: this is probably the most updated install guide https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ki/Koha_on_Debian
04:56 pLuS_ tnx
06:04 cait joined #koha
06:08 reiveune joined #koha
06:09 reiveune hello
06:10 fridolin1 joined #koha
06:10 cait joined #koha
06:25 magnuse_ joined #koha
06:34 magnuse__ joined #koha
06:39 ashimema morning #koha
06:49 fridolin1 ashimema: yellow, could you have a look at Bug 22785
06:49 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=22785 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Pushed to master , Manage matches when importing through stage MARC record import
06:49 fridolin1 failing test suite
06:51 ashimema sure
06:52 cait joined #koha
06:56 alex_ joined #koha
06:56 alex_ Bonjour
07:02 lds joined #koha
07:24 magnuse__ \o/
07:31 cait good morning #koha
07:40 lmstrand joined #koha
07:41 lmstrand good day/evening/night/morning
07:41 lmstrand I need help with a weird issue.
07:41 lmstrand When using advanced search, right after I've pressed the search button all the input field get locked.
07:42 lmstrand after returning to the previous page the fields are still locked and refining the search is not possible, unless you refresf the page.
07:43 cait hm that soudns a little odd, yes
07:43 lmstrand Does any one have any idea why this would happen.
07:43 cait is your opac public?
07:43 lmstrand doesn't happen on a fresh install of 21.12 (tested in a sandbox)
07:43 Joubu Do you havec a JS error in the console?
07:43 cait there is a locking mechanism to prevent mismatches of search terms, but it shoudl only happen when you send the search and not remain
07:44 cait any custom OpacUserJs?
07:44 lmstrand we might have old sysprefs in the database but doesn't sound like a syspref thing, what would be the
07:44 ashimema joined #koha
07:44 lmstrand I cleared all intranetuserCSS ja JS
07:45 ashimema Hmm, just me or is oftc having issues today
07:45 lmstrand hmmm I should try restarting plack...haven't done so yet....
07:46 ashimema NickServe keeps booting me and ChanServev keeps resending the welcome blrrb
07:47 lmstrand Nope, still happening.
07:48 lmstrand Couldn't find anything in Bugzilla either.
07:48 lmstrand this happens in our koha version 21.11
07:51 lmstrand so this is the intranet advanced search page where the locks happen. The web browser show the input fields/elements are 'disabled'
07:51 lmstrand one solution would be to force them open with js but there are so many elements....
07:51 rangi[m] joined #koha
07:52 lmstrand and them getting the status 'disabled' is clearly linked to the button action somehow. I can see the elements get disabled before the browser moves to the search resluts display page.
07:53 lmstrand *results even
07:56 lmstrand is there a way to reset sysprefs to some default values?
08:00 cait it shoudl not happen in the first place, but sadly I cannot test right now
08:01 cait if you cleared Intranetuserjs... I am not sure about more ideas hm.
08:01 lmstrand well thanks anyways, I'll keep digging.
08:07 fridolin1 remember today meeting : https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eeting_4_May_2022
08:09 * fridolin1 is cooking the release, its steam hot ^^
09:07 severine_q joined #koha
09:07 severine_q Hello #Koha !
09:07 ashimema morning severine_q
09:07 ashimema you don't happen to know if nlegrand got any further with updating the eds plugin for newer koha versions do you?
09:08 ashimema we're still chasing ebsco from our end, but we're not in desperate need yet.. just soonish for us.
09:08 severine_q hi ashimema !
09:08 severine_q i've no idea at all...
09:09 severine_q he's in holydays until the end of the week :/
09:09 severine_q I hope he can give you so answers when he's back
09:11 fridolin1 ashimema: you have tested this plugin with 21.11 ?
09:11 fridolin1 looks like there is a compatibilité with 21.05
09:12 ashimema doesn't work with 21.11
09:13 ashimema no worries.. we have an open call with ebsco support for it so hopefully it'll get fixed soon
09:17 severine_q let's cross fingers then :)
09:32 domm[m] joined #koha
09:32 KodoKorkalo[m] joined #koha
09:32 mtj[m] joined #koha
09:32 paulderscheid[m] joined #koha
09:32 SlackIntegration[m] joined #koha
09:32 SushiJames[m] joined #koha
09:32 tuxayo joined #koha
10:28 khall joined #koha
10:28 mtj hi folks, is there a dev meeting soon?
10:32 oleonard My calendar says a general meeting in a few hours
10:33 ashimema ooh, exciting
10:34 mtj aah, i just saw frido's msg ^
11:08 dcook_ joined #koha
11:12 dcook__ joined #koha
11:17 tcohen hola #koha
11:30 mtj hi tcohen
11:33 mtj i think its possible that koha 22.05 will work on debian-sid with no extra packages
11:34 khall_ joined #koha
11:34 mtj ...if we decided to, we could attempt to get it submitted to the debian apt repo, etc
11:38 mtj something to think about 🐹❤️🐭
11:40 marcelr joined #koha
11:40 marcelr o/
11:47 cait mtj :)  weren't there some other requirements that kept us from? I remember something about copyright statements
11:48 ashimema hi cait
11:48 ashimema if your offer still stands for bug 23681 I'd love to walk you through QA..
11:48 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=23681 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Signed Off , Patron restrictions should be user definable
11:48 ashimema I think I wrapped my head around it all now and have a fully working patchset.. just needs a final QA run now
11:49 ashimema I have a feeling debian packaging needs a few other changes..
11:49 ashimema copyright is OK now I believe.. but I think we don't install to where the debian folks would expect and a few other little things..
11:49 ashimema there was a list..
11:49 ashimema I wonder if we still have our resident debian packaging lurker?
11:51 * ashimema forgets his nick and name and doesn't see a familiar name in the members list
11:51 ashimema eythian, can you remember what else we needed to do to submit koha upstream to debian proper?
11:52 mtj i do recall it being discussed on the list, some tyme ago
11:53 mtj we would also need to make a commitment to support the release for 5-ish? years
11:54 ashimema indeed
12:00 cait ashimema: right now is not the best timing, can we maybe move to tomorrow?
12:00 cait did my notes start to make sense?
12:00 ashimema sure
12:09 pastebot "mtj" at pasted "lintian -c ./main/k/koha/koha-common_21.11.05-1_all.deb" (39 lines) at
12:10 ashimema ooh, interesting
12:10 mtj its not tooo bad, hey? :)
12:10 magnuse__ looking at the "onsite checkout" feature properly for the first time. is there nothing special that happens when an onsite checkout is returned? like a question "should this be returned to the closed stacks or kept on the waiting shelf"?
12:22 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22785: (follow-up) no additionalProperties <[…]6d64a9ce67c5d8cc8>
12:34 lukeg joined #koha
12:44 liliputech joined #koha
12:45 cait bug 30676 :(
12:45 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30676 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , View all ... preferences links don't work for translations
13:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #385: STILL UNSTABLE in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/385/
13:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_My8 build #814: STILL UNSTABLE in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ster_D11_My8/814/
13:12 khall joined #koha
13:16 alohabot 🎁 🦄 Koha 'master' packages pushed to 'koha-staging' repo  ðŸ¥§ðŸ†ðŸ¥™
13:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_MDB_Latest build #892: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 2 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1_MDB_Latest/892/
13:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U22 build #41: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 3 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U22/41/
13:34 oleonard-away back
13:34 oleonard back.
13:36 oleonard cait still around?
13:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1947: STILL UNSTABLE in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1947/
13:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #629: STILL UNSTABLE in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/629/
14:00 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:08 cait oleonard: yes
14:08 cait waht did I break? :)
14:09 oleonard The question is about whether I broke something :)
14:09 oleonard I don't think I'm seeing what you're seeing in Bug 30676.
14:09 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30676 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , View all ... preferences links don't work for translations
14:09 cait I am seeing it with 20.11 - could we have changed something since then?
14:09 cait I forgot to change version, I realize
14:10 oleonard I don't think it has changed recently but I could be wrong.
14:10 cait that was what I thought too... but
14:10 cait I realized becasuse I wanted to share the link to the section and it woudl not work
14:10 cait I tested 2 different ones and they both show the issue with the translated id attribute
14:11 cait I actually see it on all the IDs
14:12 alexis joined #koha
14:12 cait <h3 id="[% LINE.title | $HtmlId %]"><i class="fa fa-caret-down"></i> [% LINE.title | html %]</h3>
14:12 cait this is to blame
14:12 cait we build the id from a transalted string
14:13 cait ooh you are right
14:13 cait <div class="pull-right"><a class="btn btn-link" href="/cgi-bin/koha/admin/[% TAB.tab_id | html %]#[% LINE.title | $HtmlId %]"><i class="fa fa-list-ul"></i> View all [% LINE.title | html %] preferences</a></div>
14:13 cait it will work
14:14 cait I think I must have copied the link from the English tempalte, switched to German and it would not work...
14:14 oleonard Oh that would explain it.
14:15 alexis Hello, I have some questions about how the virtualshelves work. I use the function Koha::Virtualshelves->get_public_shelves() to have a list of virtualshelf but instead it returns me a list of virtualshelves and when I loop through it I cannot access the owner and I get the error : The method Koha::Virtualshelves->owner is not covered by tests!
14:16 alexis What did I do wrong ?
14:17 cait oleonard: that means you can't shar the link, unless you are suere people are looking at the same language you are
14:17 marcelr you should use Virtualshelf->owner
14:17 marcelr not the plural one
14:17 cait I downgraded to minor... it could be nicer, but it's definitely not totally broken
14:18 alexis I know but why a loop through the response of Koha::Virtualshelves->get_public_shelves() gives me a list of virtualshelves instead of a list of virtualshelf ?
14:19 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_MDB_Latest build #893: STILL UNSTABLE in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1_MDB_Latest/893/
14:20 lukeg joined #koha
14:22 alexis My answer is not right. -> I know but why the function Koha::Virtualshelves->get_public_shelves() gives me a list of virtualshelves instead of virtualshelf ?
14:23 Joubu how do you loop?
14:24 Joubu perl, TT?
14:24 Joubu post the code somewhere
14:24 alexis foreach my $list (@lists) {
14:24 alexis In perl
14:24 alexis @lists = Koha::Virtualshelves->get_public_shelves();
14:24 huginn alexis: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
14:24 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
14:25 Joubu it will return an iterator
14:25 Joubu the code changed in 21.11, it's not returning an array if you are asking for it
14:26 Joubu so either: $lists = Koha::Virtualshelves->get_public_shelves();
14:26 Joubu then while ( my $list = $lists->next )
14:26 Joubu or @lists = Koha::Virtualshelves->get_public_shelves->as_list
14:26 Joubu (you are explicitely asking for an array)
14:27 Joubu read the technical release notes if you are a developer ;)
14:27 alexis Thanks ! I tried something like that but I did it wrong
14:28 alexis I will do it =)
14:39 Putti joined #koha
14:43 tuxayo Hi 🙂
14:43 tuxayo Meeting in 15 min!
14:46 fridolin joined #koha
14:48 fridolin yey meeting in 10 : https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eeting_4_May_2022
14:48 fridolin tuxayo: there ?
14:48 wahanui there is an icy hand resting on my shoulder
14:49 nugged tcohen - catch up this: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30677
14:49 huginn Bug 30677: major, P5 - low, ---, nugged, Needs Signoff , Unknown column 'biblioitem.title' in 'where clause' 500 error in API /api/v1/acquisitions/orders
14:49 fridolin hi nugged _o/
14:50 thd joined #koha
14:51 nugged ... joubu, fridolin: we ready to start since weekend with our production "prerelease testing" - that one volunteer library set up and ready and we did some experiments - ready to build, so I'll PM you both when/what/how. (that live prod master branch testing my team will do I promised)
14:52 nugged <fridolin> つ ◕_◕༽つ
14:54 fridolin nugged: great , chatting with me for this will be difficult so it will be with RM assistants Tomas, Martin and Jonathan
14:54 tuxayo fridolin: hi :)
14:54 fridolin yeyyy
14:55 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #2005: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 7 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/2005/
14:55 nugged fridolin: ACK
14:55 tuxayo meeting in 5 min!
14:55 tuxayo rmaints? qa_team?
14:56 tuxayo rmaints?
14:56 wahanui somebody said rmaints was khall, AndrewFH, wainui and tuxayo
14:56 tuxayo qa_team?
14:56 wahanui qa_team is cait, joubu, tuxayo, marcelr, kidclamp, khall, tcohen, ashimema, nugged, kohaputti, petrova
14:56 fridolin liliputech: there ?
14:56 wahanui there is a patorn mailer plugin using notices somewhow that bywater uses
14:56 ashimema oop
14:56 ashimema hello
14:56 oleonard wahanui: Forget there
14:56 wahanui oleonard: I forgot there
14:56 fridolin ;)
15:00 petro joined #koha
15:00 nugged o/
15:01 tuxayo #startmeeting General IRC meeting 4 May 2022
15:01 huginn Meeting started Wed May  4 15:01:42 2022 UTC.  The chair is tuxayo. Information about MeetBot at
15:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 May 2022)
15:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_4_may_2022'
15:02 tuxayo #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eeting_4_May_2022 Today's agenda
15:02 tuxayo #topic Introductions
15:02 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 May 2022)
15:02 ashtart joined #koha
15:02 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
15:02 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
15:03 tuxayo #info Victor Grousset, Tuxayo K.K., France
15:03 Putti #info Joonas Kylmälä
15:03 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:03 nugged #info Andrew Nugged, National Library of Finland, HELSINKI
15:04 petro #info Peter (Petro) Vashchuk, National Library of Finland, HELSINKI
15:04 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
15:05 davidnind #info David Nind, New Zealand
15:05 Joubu Did someone ping catalyst for the 19.11 rmaint role?
15:05 ashimema Not I
15:05 khall #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions
15:05 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWaterSolutions
15:06 lukeg #info Lucas Gass, ByWater Solutions
15:06 talljoy joined #koha
15:06 * nugged long time no see so much people! WOW!
15:07 AndrewFH joined #koha
15:07 NateC joined #koha
15:07 tuxayo #topic Announcements
15:07 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 May 2022)
15:07 tuxayo Anything to announce?
15:07 wizzyrea joined #koha
15:07 AndrewFH #info Andrew Fuerste-Henry, ByWater Solutions, USA
15:07 eevee joined #koha
15:08 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, BibLibre, France
15:08 NateC #info Nate Curulla, ByWater, USA
15:08 talljoy #info Joy Nelson ByWater Solutions
15:08 Putti tuxayo, I got a new grant to work on fixing Koha bugs:[…]hitys-saa-jatkoa/
15:08 tuxayo Putti++
15:09 oleonard That's great Putti !
15:09 talljoy putti++
15:10 wizzyrea #info Liz Rea
15:10 TGoat joined #koha
15:11 nugged putti++
15:12 TGoat Hi!
15:12 tuxayo Ah great, mtj and bernardo signed up for the next cycle
15:12 tuxayo #topic Vote roles for 22.11 cycle
15:12 Topic for #koha is now Vote roles for 22.11 cycle (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 May 2022)
15:12 nugged Sooo much people today! Wow!
15:12 tuxayo https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_22.05
15:13 ashimema votes date nugged 🙂
15:13 kellym joined #koha
15:13 ashimema ha.
15:13 ashimema wrong link
15:13 ashimema https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_22.11
15:13 ashimema caught me out for a moment there
15:14 fridolin use the force ashimema :D
15:14 tuxayo woop, thanks ashimema
15:14 nugged that was test for sleepy persons :P
15:14 liliputech hi!
15:15 liliputech (I was sleeping nugged ;))
15:15 liliputech #info Arthur Suzuki, BibLibre, France
15:15 ashimema just volunteered a couple of extras for the docs team from here
15:16 davidnind +1
15:16 davidnind Excellent!
15:16 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
15:16 tuxayo Any last minute change to do? This is the moment.
15:17 oleonard wizzyrea are you still up for the web site maintainer job?
15:17 wizzyrea that's fine by me
15:17 talljoy wizzyrea++
15:17 wizzyrea if someone reeeeallly wanted it I'd had it off :)
15:18 wizzyrea hand* even
15:20 ashimema we could add frido or/and myself as rmaint assistants for liliputech
15:20 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28998: (QA follow-up) Improve output on error <[…]10c3da4aaac7d3ab8>
15:20 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28998: (follow-up) Check missing encryption key in script and module <[…]b366288cc6680cd45>
15:20 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28998: (follow-up) Add warning on about for missing key <[…]cf1e0c5b36a0176ef>
15:20 ashimema we're both offered to assist..
15:20 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28998: (QA follow-up) POD Fix <[…]524240c0d2327295b>
15:20 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28998: (follow-up) Apply changes to TwoFactorAuth module and script <[…]39dcf770783ac88d4>
15:20 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28998: (follow-up) Add Patron->encode_secret and ->decoded_secret <[…]0ae2cdf9c17b94885>
15:20 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28998: Add Crypt::CBC dependency <[…]9988c4652eaa175b5>
15:20 tuxayo ok I added you like
15:20 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28998: Add encryption_key to the config file <[…]8bb6677280e39c47d>
15:20 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28998: Adjust Selenium test <[…]3910e6a323b7352dd>
15:20 ashimema but I'm not too worried about it getting listed 😉
15:20 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28998: Introduce Koha::Encryption <[…]c7199c44e50fa0e97>
15:20 tuxayo *I added you Liz
15:21 fridolin sorry for the noise
15:21 tuxayo fridolin: lol
15:21 ashimema no accessibility bods this time around?
15:21 liliputech we definitely need this Koha-bot channel we discussed in the hackfest ;)
15:21 liliputech (or was it last dev-meeting?)
15:21 tuxayo both
15:22 liliputech time flies...
15:23 tuxayo > no accessibility bods this time around?
15:23 tuxayo Wainui is still not back so maybe in the next day we will have news about 19.11 and accessibility advocacy.
15:23 tuxayo *next days
15:23 ashimema indeed
15:23 ashimema we can always add later on that front
15:24 liliputech about accessibility, people in my office use this service :
15:24 liliputech (if of any help)
15:24 ashimema great to see some new names in the QA team
15:25 ashimema tools are great.. but it's having someone to keep us all thinking about it that's nice 🙂
15:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U22 build #42: FAILURE in 3 min 4 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U22/42/
15:25 ashimema it tends to get forgotten
15:25 Putti are we ready to vote?
15:25 eevee joined #koha
15:25 liliputech ashimema++
15:25 tuxayo So, all good for the changes in the roles page?
15:26 ashimema lucasg, nice to see you volunteering on QA
15:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_MDB_Latest build #894: FAILURE in 5 min 23 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1_MDB_Latest/894/
15:26 lukeg :)
15:26 ashimema severine_q around?
15:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1948: FAILURE in 3 min 11 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1948/
15:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_My8 build #815: FAILURE in 4 min 21 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ster_D11_My8/815/
15:27 tuxayo Let's vote then
15:28 TGoat YEA!
15:28 liliputech I see many people filling several position! (impressive)
15:28 liliputech !seen severine_q
15:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #386: FAILURE in 2 min 58 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/386/
15:28 tuxayo #startvote Do you agree with the Release Team for 22.11 as stated on the wiki? (yes, no, abstain)
15:28 huginn Begin voting on: Do you agree with the Release Team for 22.11 as stated on the wiki? Valid vote options are , yes, no, abstain, .
15:28 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
15:28 tuxayo @seen severine_q
15:28 huginn tuxayo: severine_q was last seen in #koha 6 hours, 11 minutes, and 32 seconds ago: <severine_q> let's cross fingers then :)
15:28 oleonard #vote yes
15:28 tuxayo #vote yes
15:29 liliputech #vote yes
15:29 * ashimema thinks we should add severine as a bug wrangler to recognise the awesome testing she's been doing of late.
15:29 nugged #vote yes
15:29 ashimema #vote yes
15:29 wizzyrea #vote yes
15:29 thd #vote yes
15:29 davidnind #vote yes
15:29 fridolin #vote yes
15:29 TGoat #vote yes
15:29 talljoy #vote yes
15:29 Joubu #vote yes
15:29 AndrewFH #vote yes
15:29 lukeg #vote yes
15:29 petro joined #koha
15:29 Putti #vote yes
15:29 Joubu tcohen: ?
15:30 eevee #vote yes
15:30 kidclamp #vote yes
15:30 tuxayo > we should add severine as a bug wrangler to recognise the awesome testing she's been doing of late.
15:30 tuxayo Why not, any objection?
15:30 fridolin great idea
15:30 * liliputech thinks we should rather ask her (or other librarians) to apply for roles :) françois pichenot or sonia bouis would desserve to be in the team as well :)
15:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #630: FAILURE in 4 min 58 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/630/
15:31 liliputech no objection though
15:31 oleonard Yes the roles page is where people make commitments, not for us to recognize them.
15:31 tuxayo makes sense
15:32 wizzyrea ls
15:32 wizzyrea teehee oops
15:32 tuxayo ^^
15:32 tuxayo leaving one minute before closing the vote
15:32 petro #vote yes
15:32 ashimema we can add her later once I've got her blessing to be added if people are agreeable to that 🙂
15:33 davidnind +1
15:33 liliputech oleonard: same thoughts here. we have to ask people (i mean *convince* them ^^) to take roles :)
15:33 ashimema agreed lilputech.. severine just stood out as she's a regular on irc lately too 🙂
15:33 petro joined #koha
15:34 oleonard Is there a French equivalent to the English phrase "twist someone's arm" to refer to convincing them?
15:34 ashimema that is exactly my thinking oleonard 🙂
15:34 tuxayo "Forcer la main"
15:34 liliputech (can we buy people with drinks? :p ) +1 for having in the team which are regular IRC users :)
15:34 tuxayo #endvote
15:34 huginn Voted on "Do you agree with the Release Team for 22.11 as stated on the wiki?" Results are
15:34 huginn yes (18): TGoat, Joubu, davidnind, wizzyrea, lukeg, liliputech, oleonard, ashimema, tuxayo, petro, kidclamp, fridolin, AndrewFH, talljoy, eevee, nugged, thd, Putti
15:34 MfonUmana joined #koha
15:35 tuxayo #koha++
15:35 liliputech \o/
15:35 tuxayo koha++
15:35 liliputech long live koha :)
15:35 talljoy koha++
15:35 fridolin \o/wouuu
15:35 tcohen koha++
15:36 kidclamp koha++
15:36 liliputech may the fourth be with us ;)
15:36 NateC left #koha
15:36 nugged INDEED MayThe4th!!
15:36 liliputech 8D
15:36 tuxayo he he
15:36 tuxayo #topic General discussion
15:36 Topic for #koha is now General discussion (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 May 2022)
15:37 tuxayo Is there any general topic someone wants to bring up?
15:37 tcohen hi all, sorry I missed the vote. promise will find a nanny that doesn't fail us this often
15:37 MfonUmana Hello Everyone, I'm glad to be here, this is my first time here, Pleases In help from someone, I'm from Nigeria
15:38 oleonard tcohen: Either that or find a nanny who can code, and you can be the nanny instead
15:38 liliputech hi MfonUmana what can we help for? can you present yourself?
15:38 MfonUmana Hello Everyone, I'm glad to be here, this is my first time here, Pleases I need help from someone, I'm from Nigeria
15:39 liliputech oleonard: ^^
15:39 nugged MfonUmana: it's official meeting happening here so please wait at 30 minutes or so, if that's Koha related question. If not Koha-related, then oops.
15:39 fridolin soon the kids will be coding too
15:40 nugged *at = *at least / about 30 mins or so
15:41 tuxayo If there is not topic, let's set the time for next meeting I guess
15:41 ashimema I reckon so
15:41 nugged Coding nannies and coding kids is the topic now :)
15:42 liliputech fridolin: the last trend is "nocode"...
15:42 nugged (... "official meeting" he said :P)
15:42 fridolin ^^
15:42 MfonUmana Thank you Liliputech, I have a library to setup in a university, though i have not used Koha before but i have read much about koha, and I have applied to partner though no response till now, please I need help on how to successfully setup Koha in this Library
15:43 tuxayo #topic Set time of next meeting
15:43 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 May 2022)
15:43 tuxayo So, in 6 months?
15:44 fridolin yep octobre, just after KohaCon22
15:44 tuxayo or when should be the one to plan next KohaCon, I forgot how general meetings work
15:44 ashimema perhaps 3 months?
15:44 ashimema in case there's anything kohacon related needing
15:44 liliputech 3 months seems good for me.
15:44 ashimema I can't remember.. I think we did agree to once a quarter in the end?
15:44 fridolin good point
15:45 tuxayo «General IRC meetings to be held quarterly / 4 times a year»
15:45 tuxayo found back the vote, so yes, 3 months
15:46 liliputech *thumb*
15:46 nugged +1
15:46 tuxayo So the 3 august ?
15:47 tuxayo Maybe the 3 of September then? To have some attendance.
15:47 ashimema good idea
15:47 oleonard Makes sense to me
15:47 tuxayo (the 7th actually to be a wednesday)
15:47 nugged Sep 3 (around) is good idea
15:48 nugged (or 7th, ... around)
15:48 tuxayo it it would be Next meeting: 7 May September, 14 UTC
15:48 liliputech ok both work for me, had a preference for the 3/8 but... I'll follow the ship :)
15:48 liliputech tuxayo++
15:48 tuxayo #info Next meeting: 7 May September, 14 UTC
15:48 tuxayo #endmeeting
15:48 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
15:48 huginn Meeting ended Wed May  4 15:48:53 2022 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:48 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-05-04-15.01.html
15:48 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]2-05-04-15.01.txt
15:48 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]04-15.01.log.html
15:49 fridolin thanks a lot tuxayo for chairing
15:49 tuxayo thanks all for your attendance
15:49 liliputech koha++
15:49 oleonard tuxayo++
15:49 * fridolin backtobed
15:49 TGoat tuxayo++
15:49 talljoy tuxayo++
15:50 TGoat left #koha
15:50 davidnind tuxayo++
15:50 nugged phew! :)
15:50 nugged 🤗
15:51 ashimema Next meeting: 7 May September, 14 UTC
15:51 ashimema that might confuse the bot.. haha
15:51 tuxayo shoots!
15:51 ashimema hehe
15:52 oleonard It may be in September
15:53 tuxayo MfonUmana: What is your plan? To host Koha on a server at the university?
15:53 tuxayo We finished the meeting :)
15:55 nugged oleonard: or "May it be", sounds very declarative :)
15:56 * nugged went back to preproduction build. Rebasing his 21.11 things to 22.05
15:59 tcohen hi all
16:00 davidnind left #koha
16:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #2006: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 7 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/2006/
16:05 MfonUmana tuxayo: Yes, they have the on-premise  server already
16:05 tuxayo MfonUmana: great, do you have someone with experience in administrating a Linux (Debian or Ubuntu) server?
16:05 cait argh, sorry for missing the meeting
16:05 tuxayo To follow the install instructions
16:06 cait Putti++
16:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #2007: FAILURE in 5 min 51 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/2007/
16:10 cait left #koha
16:13 dcook joined #koha
16:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #2008: STILL FAILING in 4 min 35 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/2008/
16:15 alohabot 🎁 🦄 Koha 'master' packages pushed to 'koha-staging' repo  ðŸ¥ðŸ†ðŸ²
16:16 MfonUmana tuxayo: No i dont have pleas
16:18 tuxayo MfonUmana: you need to find someone in your university staff or contractor/company that can do the system administration part.
16:18 tuxayo Or a Koha provider that does all the hosting on their servers
16:19 liliputech tuxayo: I had a private chat with MfonUmana he has his own company and seems to be alone (is that it MfonUmana?)
16:22 MfonUmana tuxayo: We are an IT firm so a university contacted me to build their e-library for then, I recommended Koha for them because i read about koha but I have not setup koha before
16:22 liliputech I've found this video covering the use-case :
16:22 MfonUmana Yes liliputech, Im alone
16:25 oleonard @later tell Joubu I hope Bug 30673 makes sense!
16:25 huginn oleonard: The operation succeeded.
16:37 reiveune bye
16:37 reiveune left #koha
16:39 liliputech bonne soirée :)
16:54 Putti Maybe someone wanna take a look at bug 27259 – It's been ready for sign-off for two years soon, I just rebased it so it applies again. It's well covered with unit tests :)
16:54 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27259 normal, P5 - low, ---, joonas.kylmala, Needs Signoff , HomeOrHoldingBranch is not used in all places
16:54 AndrewFH joined #koha
16:55 Putti also note about, It's been broken for many years, if someone tests the patches you might just wanna skip it. We should probably remove it from koha.
17:16 khall_ joined #koha
17:20 cait joined #koha
17:46 bag joined #koha
18:59 AndrewFH joined #koha
19:20 fridolin joined #koha
19:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #631: STILL FAILING in 3 min 29 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/631/
19:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U22 build #43: STILL FAILING in 3 min 5 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U22/43/
20:13 fridolin I see jenkins is in good hands ;)
20:13 fridolin he will be cured very soon
20:21 tcohen fridolin: around?
20:22 m23 joined #koha
20:25 fridolin tcohen: yuup
20:26 m23 joined #koha
20:26 tcohen anything you need me to take a look?
20:27 tcohen so the Crypt::CBC dependency has been taken care of?
20:28 fridolin tcohen: yep i see Martin as run manually some jenkins jobs
20:28 fridolin it is in cpanfile so i dont know why it fails
20:29 fridolin tcohen: you said "Password expiration tree looks solid." which Bug is that please ?
20:29 AndrewFH joined #koha
20:33 tcohen https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]raph.cgi?id=29924
20:37 tcohen fridolin: so we need to wait for jenkins now
20:38 fridolin yep i prepare some new pushed but will wait for a green jenkins
20:39 fridolin tcohen: If there are API related features you want to see in release you may push them this week
20:39 tcohen ok, good
20:40 tcohen lets wait jenkins to be green
20:40 tcohen have you thought of a place to put technical notes for the release?
20:40 tcohen Joubu did last time
20:40 tcohen maybe ask the old man
20:40 fridolin Password expiration looks great but its a recent dev, i prefer skip for this release
20:41 fridolin yep I will look at previous notes
20:41 fridolin tcohen: do you know where to find the doc for building final release ?
20:41 fridolin release notes
20:41 wahanui release notes are being rebuilt regularly now.. so point out the errors and lets get cleaning those up too
20:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #632: NOW UNSTABLE in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/632/
20:44 tcohen fridolin: I don't remember
20:44 tcohen
20:45 tcohen I'm pretty sure I created a docker image for it
20:46 fridolin ok super
20:46 fridolin i use it already for push
20:48 davidnind1 joined #koha
20:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1949: NOW UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1949/
20:54 tcohen ok
20:54 tcohen Auth.t
20:54 fridolin tcohen: could you have a look on it
20:54 fridolin it comes from the 2FA i bet
20:54 tcohen I will in the morning
20:54 tcohen sure
20:55 tcohen we will probably need to mock things
20:56 tcohen or the tests are wrong
20:56 tcohen I cannot reproduce locally because I cannot start KTD until the images are downloaded LOL
20:56 tcohen and family
20:56 tcohen is pulling me
20:57 fridolin no pb ;)
20:57 m23 my KTD exited too
20:58 tcohen pull the latest image
20:58 tcohen there's a new dependency that needs to be there for it to load
20:58 fridolin m23:  docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml pull
20:59 tcohen fridolin: our aliases should be improved
20:59 tcohen we could remove the 'up' from them
21:00 tcohen so kl up to turn it up, and kl down
21:00 tcohen or pull
21:00 m23 I've tried 3 times in the last hour... and now it's ok :-)
21:01 tcohen m23++
21:01 tcohen # patience
21:01 mtj hiyaz
21:01 tcohen my download says it will take 30 minutes to download...
21:01 mtj last ktd build happened 1 hr ago
21:01 mtj[…]ocker/-/pipelines
21:01 tcohen mtj++
21:02 m23 Somebodyt Has anyone managed to run KTD on the M1 processor?
21:04 m23 I am still without success
21:04 mtj m23, no m1 for me to test :'(
21:05 m23 some containers aren't AMD compatabile
21:06 fridolin reaaly ? strange
21:08 fridolin maybe use VirtualBox with docker inside
21:09 m23 fridolin it's overkill :-)
21:11 m23 so ... good night to Koha community .. .sweat dream to everyone
21:14 mtj i wonder if M1 chip does not like amd64 containers
21:15 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #387: NOW UNSTABLE in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/387/
21:17 mtj i think M1 problem is similar to running amd64 conatiners on an rpi
21:19 mtj i think the rpi needs to run arm64 built ..docker containers
21:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #2009: NOW UNSTABLE in 1 hr 7 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/2009/
21:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U22 build #44: NOW UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U22/44/

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary