IRC log for #koha, 2021-10-26

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
01:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1791: FAILURE in 2 min 13 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1791/
02:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1792: NOW UNSTABLE in 1 hr 2 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1792/
04:54 Oak joined #koha
04:54 reiveune joined #koha
05:00 lds joined #koha
05:13 chriss joined #koha
06:02 lmstrand joined #koha
06:08 Oak joined #koha
06:14 fridolin joined #koha
06:15 fridolin hi there
06:15 wahanui salut, fridolin
06:15 fridolin salut mon poto
06:15 fridolin[…]ommunity/Koha.git has a pb ?
06:19 cait joined #koha
06:29 ashimema Mornin' #koha
06:31 reiveune hello
06:31 wahanui hi, reiveune
06:32 cait if someone has a moment sometime, the 'random bug' on dashboard picks "Pushed to oldoldoldstable" - possible it doesn't know about the newer status
06:33 cait and with that...g etting ready for work
06:37 Oak joined #koha
06:39 cait joined #koha
06:40 cait joined #koha
06:41 cait joined #koha
06:41 fridolin[…]ommunity/Koha.git is back
06:48 alex_a joined #koha
07:17 ashimema ack
07:17 ashimema 11175 needs yet another rebase
07:17 cait joined #koha
07:17 * ashimema is soooooo tired of rebasing that bug
07:18 ashimema Joubu around yet?
07:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U18 build #138: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.11_U18/138/
07:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U20 build #148: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.11_U20/148/
07:38 sophie_m joined #koha
07:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U21 build #4: SUCCESS in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.11_U21/4/
07:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U_Stable build #51: SUCCESS in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]0.11_U_Stable/51/
07:45 marcelr joined #koha
07:45 marcelr hi there
07:45 marcelr ashimema:  around?
07:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D10 build #155: SUCCESS in 1 hr 5 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.11_D10/155/
07:49 ashimema yup
07:49 marcelr hi i rebased it, attaching it right now
07:49 marcelr wasnt a hard one
07:49 marcelr just opac-detail and catalogue
07:49 ashimema mm
07:49 marcelr we just confused git a bit :)
07:50 marcelr as we did ourselves
07:50 ashimema mmm
07:50 marcelr all seems to work as before
07:50 ashimema i'm just so tired of that bug
07:50 marcelr but the fetching was really done twice
07:50 ashimema which must have been re-introduced by someone after I stopped working on the bug 😉
07:51 ashimema because I explicitly tested that
07:51 marcelr that might be the case
07:51 marcelr yes, i suspect that was the reason for the caching anyway
07:51 ashimema yup
07:51 marcelr but when i removed the caching, it didnt work already
07:51 ashimema the caching was already broken
07:51 ashimema as I pointed out somewhere
07:51 marcelr but now we fetch once, and all looks good
07:52 ashimema joonas broke that
07:52 ashimema but I'm pretty sure I had it down to one query by that point anyway
07:52 ashimema I'm dissapointed we're reducing test coverage again
07:52 ashimema but at least it's one call instead of a block
07:52 ashimema the block was different between the two controllers already
07:53 marcelr they are on the same page again
07:53 ashimema not sure what you mean ?
07:54 marcelr the two controllers are more or less doing the same again
07:54 marcelr as we should expect them to
07:54 ashimema mm
07:55 ashimema maintaining code twice now instead of once.. but that's fine.
07:55 marcelr profit is in the get_marc_components
07:55 ashimema yup
07:55 ashimema once I moved the query generation and actual search in there we already got most of the benefit
07:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U16 build #127: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.11_U16/127/
07:56 cait hope the basic idea si still there
07:56 ashimema we lose tests for 'when should the link display'
07:56 ashimema but you've also changed the expectation there
07:56 cait i had discussed with Joonas about the logic at some poitn
07:56 cait but trusting you guys (mostly :) )
07:56 marcelr ashimema: you're grumpy
07:56 ashimema tired
07:58 ashimema you're rebase effectively reverts bug 29284 btw
07:58 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29284 major, P5 - low, ---, nick, Pushed to master , Koha dies when an analytics search fails in Elasticsearch
07:59 marcelr hmm could well be since the patch removes the whole block and readds later
08:00 ashimema yup
08:00 marcelr we'd better do a follow-up, haha
08:00 marcelr there we go
08:00 ashimema indeed
08:00 marcelr i may do it this afternoon or you do it now ?
08:01 ashimema still.. you made that follow-up easier now you moved the code back to the controllers..
08:01 ashimema silver lining 🙂
08:01 ashimema I can take a look now.. get it over and done with
08:01 marcelr ok
08:02 marcelr you got your FQA score higher martin
08:02 ashimema lol
08:02 marcelr tell your boss :) no offense
08:02 ashimema that's one of the leaderboards I prefer not to top 😉
08:03 ashimema I don't mean to be grumpy
08:03 ashimema we're all in this together
08:03 ashimema just tired and reaching koha burn out
08:03 marcelr well it says more about the quality of the submiiteed code
08:05 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D9 build #151: SUCCESS in 1 hr 21 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_D9/151/
08:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U18 build #139: SUCCESS in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.11_U18/139/
08:10 ashimema now my brain asks...
08:11 ashimema how does perl evaluate boolean context for an arrayref return value
08:12 marcelr [] is true
08:12 ashimema I thought so
08:12 ashimema so..
08:12 marcelr so test @{ [] }
08:13 ashimema you will always display the link to components even if there are none now
08:13 ashimema I think
08:13 ashimema bug in both you code and mine I think.
08:13 marcelr no i added a @{ [] } somewhere
08:13 marcelr i tested it too
08:13 ashimema `if ( my $components = $biblio->get_marc_components(C4::Conte​xt->preference('MaxComponentRecords')) ) {`
08:14 ashimema yup
08:14 marcelr hmm yeah i added the test somewhere later
08:14 ashimema you indeed add it in the else
08:14 ashimema but not highter up
08:14 ashimema yup
08:14 marcelr you're still sharp
08:14 marcelr thats good
08:14 ashimema shame i missed it before now though 😉
08:15 marcelr have to go now for a while, ready to test your followup in a few hours
08:15 marcelr thx for your help
08:15 ashimema suppose before now it was caught in the template as we test size there
08:15 ashimema thank you
08:15 marcelr ashimema++
08:15 Joubu Behaviour for the "when to show analytics link" is changed, is that expected?
08:16 ashimema it's changed withing the scope of the bug
08:16 ashimema but not outside of that scope
08:16 ashimema i.e. the change depends on if you're using the new feature
08:16 ashimema if you've disabled the feature the results are as before
08:18 Joubu ok..
08:18 ashimema but there are no longer tests for that behaviour again now
08:18 ashimema I liked tests
08:19 ashimema but moving code back out of the module and into the controllers kinda makes tests harder
08:19 * ashimema has an important meeting in a few minutes
08:19 ashimema will have to come back to restoring the eval code
08:27 cait meeting here too (not seeing ashimema there tho) bbl
08:27 Joubu good catch for the eval, I would have missed it
08:33 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D11 build #174: SUCCESS in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.11_D11/174/
08:37 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U20 build #149: SUCCESS in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.11_U20/149/
09:03 fridolin left #koha
09:30 ashimema @later tell fridolin are you going to try and backport bug 28316 ?
09:30 huginn` ashimema: The operation succeeded.
09:35 cait bug 28316
09:35 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28316 normal, P5 - low, ---, stalkernoid, Pushed to stable , Fix ES crashes related to various punctuation characters
09:36 cait ah
09:36 ashimema indeed
09:36 cait Elasticsearch... can i test Elastic on sandboxes these days?
09:36 ashimema i believe so
09:36 * cait has a couple questions for an upcoming workshop to solve/research
09:36 ashimema we certainly run an ES container and have done for ages
09:37 ashimema I think you just switch the syspref and it works
09:37 cait hm going to try on yours right now :)
09:38 ashimema Joubu.. what do you think to removing the end user display that there's been an analytics search error in the staff client?
09:38 ashimema I'm torn.. I like highlighting issues to the end user..
09:38 ashimema but I also feel the logs should be enough here and adding the error at the template level again is a little more involved.
09:44 Joubu ashimema: I'd let the error, if it's too verbose we could adjust later
09:44 ashimema it's more passing the error down.. but I've worked out a nice way to do it now
09:44 ashimema so all good
10:12 oleonard o/
10:24 Joubu tcohen: Can you have a look at the last patch on 19185 please?
10:34 kellym joined #koha
10:38 oleonard ashimema: Did Bug 15812 obsolete
10:38 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=15812 normal, P3, ---, nick, Pushed to master , Checkout search with too many results (single character search)  causes poor performance or timeout
10:38 ashimema I don't believe it did
10:38 ashimema I think I hinted that I'd love to see a next step to remove the last remaining use case for that..
10:39 ashimema which I think is around reserves or something maybe?
10:40 ashimema hmm
10:41 ashimema seems I never wrote that on the bug.. just asked Nick about it.
10:42 oleonard I see, I forgot that the holds process had that too
10:42 ashimema 14:33
10:42 ashimema hint hint, wink wink
10:42 ashimema would love to see the same approach taken to the last place that uses that funny circ reults page :wink:
10:42 ashimema 14:33
10:42 ashimema hint hint, wink wink
10:42 ashimema that's what I sent Nick..
10:43 ashimema seems I totally forgot to add it to the bug
10:43 ashimema do you agree it would be nice to take the same approach if we can and deprecate the include?
10:44 oleonard They way it is right now you can still switch from Patrons to Clubs during that search process. I'm not sure how we'd handle that if we were redirecting to the patron search page.
10:44 ashimema ah, fair
10:45 ashimema I didn't dig very far
10:45 oleonard Maybe we need to generalize the patron search results so that the results can be embedded anywhere
10:45 ashimema perhaps
10:45 ashimema we should turn it into an API component really 😉
10:46 oleonard "we" ;)
10:47 ashimema hehe
10:56 kidclamp oleonard: around?
10:56 oleonard Yup
11:01 kidclamp oleonard++
11:03 marcelr joined #koha
11:04 marcelr back and ready for 11175 again
11:06 Joubu if you want a generalize patron search have a look at common/
11:06 marcelr ashimema: i will fix:                 Global symbol "$err" requires explicit package name (did you forget to declare "my $err"?)
11:06 marcelr np
11:07 marcelr where is my toolbox?
11:09 marcelr funny when there is an error with the name of $error !
11:18 Joubu ashimema: 28700 - are we trying to only fix the size log, or something else?
11:18 Joubu if size of the log, I don't think we should mess with unblessed
11:21 tcohen morning
11:22 marcelr hola tcohen
11:33 alex_a joined #koha
11:34 lds joined #koha
11:34 marcelr Joubu: 11175 is yours now again
11:38 marcelr Joubu: what is currently blocking 28700 ?
11:43 Joubu stuck
11:44 Joubu maybe we should more focus on bug 28692 actually
11:44 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28692 major, P5 - low, ---, stalkernoid, Needs Signoff , Reduce DB action_log table size
11:47 marcelr having a look there
11:47 marcelr remember to have been there?
11:48 sophie_m1 joined #koha
12:03 ashimema morning tcohen
12:04 ashimema I took bug 28700 for it's title:"Unblessed" method in has blessed values for keys in some cases
12:04 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28700 major, P5 - low, ---, stalkernoid, In Discussion , "Unblessed" method in has blessed values for keys in some cases
12:04 ashimema as in.. we're trying to actually fix 'unblessed'
12:04 ashimema yet, One of the symptoms is log related.. but it's not the only one.
12:05 ashimema I've hit this issue with API controllers too.. as I know tcohen also has.
12:05 ashimema as such I wanted to fix/warn about the issue at it's route.
12:05 ashimema as for the logs thing.. I prefer that being focused on as a whole in bug 28692 myself
12:05 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28692 major, P5 - low, ---, stalkernoid, Failed QA , Reduce DB action_log table size
12:06 Joubu ashimema: as said on the bug, I am against fixing ->unblessed. We are too close to the release and side-effects are possible
12:10 marcelr ashimema i am thinking about a great solution for the log bug, hahaha
12:10 ashimema I agree
12:10 ashimema it's one for next release
12:10 ashimema the unblessed thing
12:10 marcelr proably
12:11 ashimema but I do think it's worthwhile endeavour during next cycle
12:11 marcelr unblessed is the right word for it
12:11 tcohen Joubu: Can't locate Email/ in @INC on KTD startup, I thought it was fixed
12:11 marcelr $object->compactify->logaction
12:12 ashimema I think we either throw exceptions when unblessed is likely to return something that contains blessed stuff..
12:13 Joubu tcohen: coming from QA tools?
12:13 tcohen stringify?
12:13 ashimema or we fix unblessed to actually return unblessed everything.
12:13 tcohen Joubu: I cannot launch KTD right now
12:13 tcohen what are you using? master-bullseye?
12:13 khall_ joined #koha
12:13 Joubu yes
12:14 Joubu but it got rebuilt yesterday, not sure I pulled it since
12:14 Joubu trying now
12:16 Joubu well, jenkins is happy so it should be ok
12:20 Joubu tcohen: still working after a pull
12:20 Joubu tcohen: check you qa repo in .env
12:21 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:23 tcohen ok, pulling again
12:24 tcohen I was sure I did already
12:24 tcohen but there's a new one it seems...
12:24 Joubu ashimema, marcelr: I am sorry but..
12:24 Joubu +        $template->param( analytics_error => 1 ) if @{$biblio->messages};
12:25 Joubu this is not robust
12:25 Joubu we need to check if one of the messages is component_search
12:25 marcelr yeah i saw it
12:25 marcelr ashimema let me do it
12:25 marcelr just relax :)
12:26 Joubu marcelr: also, why is it done that way in staff but OPAC?
12:26 ashimema yup
12:26 ashimema I realised
12:26 marcelr opac seems not be interested in errors
12:26 ashimema but also my brain was mid meeting at the time and I wanted to put something down.. I had a feeling you guys would iterate whatever I did 😉
12:26 marcelr but actually that is the other bug that you already pushed Joubu
12:26 Joubu ok, make sense
12:27 marcelr i look now
12:27 ashimema yup.. opac wasn't interested in displaying the errors prior to this patch either.. I think it was a deliberate decision in the preceeding bug
12:27 marcelr right
12:27 Joubu yep
12:30 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:32 ashimema marcelr.. i've given a couple of extra things to think about regards that DB action_log reduction bug
12:33 ashimema we need to be careful here.. else we're going to introduce some pretty big functional regressions.
12:33 ashimema think 'diffs'
12:33 ashimema 😉
12:34 Joubu otoh diff is broken now because of the DT inflation
12:34 ashimema yup
12:35 Joubu my point is: we are adding JSON for the new ACQ logs in 21.11
12:35 Joubu so if we need to move everything to JSON it's good timing
12:35 * ashimema would like to see either a fairly consistent json form of diff stored (rather than whole objects at all).. or a minified json stored and a standard inflation before diff called in the viewer.
12:36 ashimema I didn't realise you'd already said to move to json Joubu 🙂
12:36 ashimema I'm totally onboard with that.
12:37 ashimema do you think the patron handling should also move back to whole objects jsonified instead of the custom diff format it currently takes too?
12:37 ashimema then we could have a more consistent diff display throughout...
12:37 ashimema but also would result in larger logs
12:37 ashimema but smaller than current.. as current is a exploded Dumper
12:37 * ashimema needs more tea
12:38 Pavlis joined #koha
12:38 Pavlis Hello, Can you help me with Koha Staff Interface?
12:38 cait Pavlis: you'll have to be a bit more specific :)
12:40 Pavlis I want a 12-digit patron number to be created automatically when creating patrons. In the settings, I set everything according to the instructions.
12:41 Joubu ashimema: If I modify a biblio it logs "biblio BEFORE", not the AFTER...
12:41 ashimema lol
12:41 Pavlis I use of Koha
12:42 Joubu ashimema: If I modify an item, it logs a Dumper representation with the new values
12:42 Joubu all consistent..
12:42 ashimema yup
12:42 ashimema we are really inconsistent
12:42 ashimema I want to move to consistency
12:42 ashimema we can go either way really..
12:42 cait Pavlis: the cardnumber will be counted up from the last number used
12:42 ashimema either we log the before and compare to now
12:43 ashimema or we log the after and compare to the previous log line
12:43 cait if you use Automembernum from the system preferences
12:43 Joubu we should sent pre/post to logaction and let it store the diff in JSON
12:43 ashimema I think I preferred the latter when i looked into it all for notices
12:43 cait so if yu set a starting number that is high enough, the next one should be added as you want
12:43 ashimema haha
12:43 ashimema yeah..
12:43 cait but it probably shoud not be starting with 0
12:43 ashimema that's what I did with borrowers/patrons
12:43 ashimema it stores a json diff
12:43 cait something like 1000 0000 0000 would work
12:43 Pavlis Yes, i Know ... tast number i used is 00000000003 and next auto generate is 7 :(
12:44 cait yeah, that's how it works
12:44 ashimema though not in a "standard" format.. there are a few different ways to represent diffs in json still.. there is no standard so I wasn't sure how to get koha to adopt any of them.
12:44 cait you probably have  a 6 in a record somewhere too
12:45 cait that's why it comes up with 7
12:45 Joubu ashimema: think also Koha::Biblio - we don't log the Koha::Object but the MARC
12:45 ashimema indeed
12:45 ashimema that's scary too
12:45 cait might be a deleted patron record too (not sure about that)
12:45 Joubu but that's needed
12:45 ashimema and what marc do we store.. mrc, iso, xml 😉
12:46 ashimema that's where storing whole objects works nicely..
12:46 ashimema the diff can just be standard text line diff
12:46 ashimema so long as we have the whole picture before and after to compare
12:46 ashimema I can't entirely remember how the output looks.. but i seem to remember it being pretty reasonable
12:46 * ashimema likes it for notices now
12:47 ashimema it's really nice to see the before and after with nice line highlighting of changes
12:47 ashimema I think the diff on it's own is less useful as you lose context
12:47 Joubu yes, but we will end up with a bigger table
12:48 ashimema yup
12:48 Joubu it's what we want to avoid :D
12:48 Joubu pros/cons..
12:48 Joubu I dont' know, hard call
12:48 ashimema all I'm trying to highlight is that we're inconsistent.. but also that there are pros and cons and there's more to consider than just the table size
12:48 ashimema indeed
12:48 ashimema hard call
12:48 ashimema but certainly needs all aspects considering
12:48 ashimema I totally liked the json diff option when I wrote the patron stuff
12:48 Pavlis joined #koha
12:49 Joubu kidclamp: around? ^
12:49 ashimema but at the time I hadn't actually seen the log viewer diff view
12:49 * kidclamp waves
12:49 marcelr hi kidclamp
12:49 Pavlis Ah.. i see.. it cant be 00000000001 .. it should be 1000000001 ... start with zero not working
12:49 ashimema my memory of the acq logging stuff was that kidclamp was pretty adamant about wanting the whole object stored every time rather than just the changed fields.
12:50 ashimema but I stay fairly clear on that bug
12:50 Pavlis with number for example 957800924028 works! :-)
12:50 kidclamp I did, but I relented
12:50 ashimema oh?
12:50 wahanui oh are there instructions?
12:50 ashimema I didn't realise you had
12:50 ashimema what was your reasoning for wanting it all
12:50 ashimema vs just changed
12:50 ashimema the logviewer diff view?
12:51 kidclamp just changed would be fine - the bug though only logged certain fields - i.e. you can make changes that are logged but show no difference
12:51 ashimema ah
12:51 ashimema I see
12:51 ashimema I didn't realise that was the case
12:51 kidclamp https://bugs.koha-community.or[…].cgi?id=24190#c48
12:51 huginn` Bug 24190: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, RESOLVED FIXED, Add additional Acquisition logging
12:52 ashimema I'm happy with just changes.. but all changes should be treated equally
12:52 ashimema unless of course there's a solid reason to obfiscate them.. like a password field change..
12:52 ashimema then only the change should be recorded.. without a before/after.
12:52 ashimema in my opinion
12:52 marcelr Joubu i ended up in adding one grep to 11175 and adding $error in the payload
12:52 ashimema thanks marcelr
12:53 Joubu kidclamp: does it mean you are in favor of logging pre and post JSON serialized object?
12:53 marcelr would that be enough for you?
12:53 kidclamp if it is easy to view a diff, yes
12:53 ashimema I considered using this:
12:54 ashimema but I don't think your average Joe would get it
12:54 Joubu marcelr: yes, looks good to me
12:55 Pavlis I have another problem :-D cards with ean not generate ean
12:55 Pavlis i have all modules installed
12:55 ashimema hence I switched to { fieldname => { before => value, after => value } } structure
12:55 ashimema it's not entirely pretty.. but it is clear to all
12:55 Pavlis *patron cards
12:56 Joubu Pavlis: the problem with barcode and zeros is reported there: bug 27426
12:56 marcelr wait Joubu i forgot one
12:56 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27426 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Failed QA , Plugin barcode must keep leading zeros
12:57 Pavlis i see
12:58 marcelr done'
13:00 Joubu ashimema, marcelr: Can I trust you for 11175 or should I retest the whole thing?
13:02 ashimema I'm testing it again right now
13:02 ashimema so far it's looking solid
13:02 marcelr i tested it
13:02 ashimema what I've realised I've missed is adding a test for the message we add to the object on get_marc_components failure
13:02 marcelr no big deal
13:03 ashimema not entirely sure how I'd write a test for that.. it needs simple_search_compat to explode to throw it
13:03 marcelr what would be nice is to extend the tests for get_marc_components a bit
13:03 ashimema but yes.. otherwise I think it's solid
13:03 ashimema that's what I meant marcelr
13:03 ashimema more tests for get_marc_components
13:04 marcelr thats the clou of the thing
13:04 * ashimema kinda would like to eventually have that routine handle unimarc properly too
13:04 marcelr push it Joubu
13:04 marcelr i know you can
13:13 ashimema yup, looks solid to me Joubu.. go for it
13:15 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U_Stable build #75: SUCCESS in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1.05_U_Stable/75/
13:16 Joubu marcelr, ashimema: I am writing the missing tests
13:16 ashimema thanks Joubu.
13:20 marcelr Joubu++
13:20 Joubu ashimema: can you add bug 24850 comment 104 to your list please?
13:20 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=24850 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Passed QA , Koha::DateUtils ignores offsets in RFC3339 datetimes
13:21 Joubu ashimema: it's for a separate bug I think
13:22 Joubu ashimema: also bug 24609 - at least Koha::Checkout->store is missing test coverage
13:22 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=24609 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Failed QA , Add routes for updating checkouts
13:22 ashimema certainly
13:22 ashimema thanks for all your work the last few days guys
13:22 ashimema I realise I've been a right grumpy git ☹️
13:23 ashimema seeing so much movement has helped.. just a bit scary it's all so last minute and when i have lots of other work on.
13:23 Joubu always last minutes...
13:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U21 build #6: SUCCESS in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_21.05_U21/6/
13:32 ashimema line 104.. I'm not entirely sure I understand your meaning Joubu?
13:33 Joubu ashimema: file?
13:33 wahanui i heard file was probably correct, but something in the process breaks it
13:33 ashimema sorry.. I meant comment 104
13:33 ashimema "due_date": "2021-10-27 23:59",... (full message at[…]LhwiJrJlHvmaxzuZ)
13:33 ashimema what's it referring to.. a line in a test somewhere?
13:34 Joubu ashimema: It's coming from tests I made. If you PUT with "2021-10-27 23:59" you get the expected "does not match date-time"
13:34 Joubu because it's missing the tz part
13:35 Joubu but if you pass the minute, you get "missing property". I am expecting the same "does not match date time" error
13:35 ashimema ah
13:35 ashimema thanks
13:35 ashimema I see
13:35 ashimema OK.. I'll copy the comment into a new bug and take a quick look
13:39 ashimema ohh.. that's in the JSON::Validator module I think
13:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U16 build #81: SUCCESS in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_U16/81/
13:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U20 build #85: SUCCESS in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_U20/85/
13:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D10 build #123: SUCCESS in 1 hr 6 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_D10/123/
13:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D9 build #78: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_21.05_D9/78/
13:56 oleonard-away kidclamp: Bug 28537
13:56 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28537 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Improve HTML generated by OverDrive integration
14:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U18 build #77: SUCCESS in 1 hr 17 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_U18/77/
14:04 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D12 build #13: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_D12/13/
14:26 khall joined #koha
14:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D9 build #79: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_21.05_D9/79/
14:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D11 build #98: SUCCESS in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_D11/98/
14:37 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D12 build #14: SUCCESS in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_D12/14/
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14957: DBRev <[…]dfb16388be77f44f1>
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14957: DBIC schema changes <[…]28ed7f51c52ecca1e>
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29318: Tidy the code <[…]5db7fbcad444c5fd0>
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29318: Remove permission check from overdrive search page <[…]dcf583f5ee01d0394>
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29286: Typo: Librarien will need the manage_auth_values subpermission. <[…]1fc41f56e28204f01>
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29158: (bug 22435 follow-up) Remove ref to account_offset_types.sql in intaller <[…]c1d343d94f2a79ce1>
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14957: Add tests for subfield order <[…]d735d0984cd218a56>
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14957: Fix field order issue <[…]1f3327f1601d3877f>
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14957: Fix record preview <[…]53493ab04a59179b5>
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14957: Exclude leader from saved/updated record comparison in tests <[…]f3d30651966f4c435>
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14957: Fix regression, rules must be refetched on add/edit/deletion <[…]fe376af2804ce3c3b>
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14957: Improve readbility of tests <[…]254c473cf0dbf69c8>
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14957: Clean controller <[…]37b69b7ba521009c9>
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14957: (QA follow-up) Fix for jQuery undefined <[…]5a69db4a3fd535ef7>
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14957: (QA follow-up) Fix script name <[…]d53df8ba94e3e6365>
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14957: (QA follow-up) Fix template indentation <[…]d50428ccb1efc6ed3>
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14957: (QA follow-up) Update for bug 27846 <[…]329f2fc570c44568c>
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14957: (QA follow-up) Update for bug 17858 <[…]e74d2e1d0aa1b82f5>
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14957: (QA follow-up) Update for bug 26703 <[…]91da1d28575d7af5d>
14:47 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14957: (QA follow-up) Add missing filters <[…]273fe065260950770>
14:49 marcelr ashimema: you must be so happy now
14:50 Joubu nobody is protected from a revert
14:50 Joubu :d
14:50 Joubu kidding!
14:50 ashimema I'll be happy when i see Jenkins come back green 😉
14:50 ashimema shan't count my chickens.. hehe
14:51 ashimema but yes.. very happy in preparation for that
14:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D11 build #99: SUCCESS in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_D11/99/
14:53 marcelr Koha never reverts ! always going forward !
14:55 marcelr Joubu: i added a sort of POC patch on bug 29321 for a very simplistic approach on logs
14:55 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29321 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, ASSIGNED , My new bug
14:55 marcelr in core: dump refs and truncate
14:56 marcelr you can log objects, unblessed stuff, everything
14:57 Joubu marcelr: I don't think we should truncate
14:57 Joubu how would it be useful if the change you want is at the end?
14:57 marcelr you dont unless you active the pref
14:58 oleonard Anyone familiar with the  UpdateItemLocationOnCheckin system preference? Is "PROC" an internal setting or does one have to have it defined somewhere?
14:58 marcelr if size is your issue, then truncate is your friend
14:58 Joubu marcelr: don't we actually want a pref to either log either the diff or the pre & post objects?
14:58 marcelr sure but we will not get that in anymore?
14:59 Joubu if you want a short log you chose only the diff, or the whole before/after objects
14:59 marcelr diffs only would be nice
15:00 ashimema I reckon lifting Jonathans 'detect if we have an object in $info' in logcation from one bug into the other is the right appraoch
15:00 cait confetti!
15:00 wahanui o/`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
15:00 cait what a day...
15:00 wahanui somebody said a day was a period of 24 hours, that sense
15:00 ashimema then I'd like to see us iterate on format
15:00 marcelr htg
15:00 ashimema ut that's only a feeling
15:00 marcelr see you
15:00 Joubu marcelr++
15:01 Joubu nice QA run today :)
15:01 ashimema beers to marcelr
15:01 cait can we do bug 20689 next?
15:01 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=20689 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Signed Off , Make it possible to add capital letter subfields to item search fields
15:01 cait *hides*
15:01 cait it's oldestnow...
15:03 Joubu oleonard: it's a location I think
15:03 Joubu so must be a LOC av?
15:03 * ashimema agree
15:04 oleonard Where is "permanent location" defined for an item?
15:05 Joubu items.permanent_location?
15:05 Joubu it's set to items.location when the item is created
15:06 reiveune left #koha
15:07 oleonard I'm confused... You can't define an item's current location as "PROC" and its permanent location as something different if you're using the item editor?
15:11 Joubu PROC and CART are supposed to be temporary location, permanent_location is keeping the original location value to be able to swap it back
15:11 Joubu it's my understanding, but kidclamp is the one to ask for that :)
15:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1793: FAILURE in 23 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1793/
15:13 Joubu mtj: Docker_6 failing to many times with: "koha_memcached_1 exited with code 0"!
15:13 kidclamp some libraries do add that to the edit form
15:15 oleonard kidclamp: I guess I don't understand how you could not add it to the edit form. How else are new items getting the PROC info *and* a correct permanent location?
15:15 kidclamp cataloguing preference
15:16 kidclamp looking
15:16 Joubu NewItemsDefaultLocation
15:16 kidclamp that ting
15:17 oleonard Ah, now it becomes clear. I suspect I knew this at one time.
15:17 Joubu oleonard: the logic is in Koha::Item->store (l.100)
15:18 Joubu for item creation. For item edition it's l.181
15:20 Joubu ok, leaving. I am letting you with Jenkins
15:20 Joubu good luck :D
15:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_CPAN build #458: UNSTABLE in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D11_CPAN/458/
15:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_My8 build #675: UNSTABLE in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ster_D11_My8/675/
15:31 cait left #koha
15:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U21 build #7: UNSTABLE in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_Master_U21/7/
15:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #221: UNSTABLE in 59 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/221/
15:57 oleonard If I set NewItemsDefaultLocation to some particular shelving location code and I add an item in cataloging, shouldn't it have that default location in items.location? In my test it doesn't.
15:59 * oleonard wonders if his library has never used this feature because it's broken...
16:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #427: UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/427/
16:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #51: UNSTABLE in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D12/51/
16:10 oleonard The preference isn't listed in Hea
16:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1800: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 21 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1800/
16:33 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U_Stable build #294: UNSTABLE in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_U_Stable/294/
16:40 cait joined #koha
16:45 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_MDB_Latest build #710: UNSTABLE in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1_MDB_Latest/710/
16:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1801: STILL UNSTABLE in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1801/
16:54 oleonard git bisect says that Bug 27545 broke NewItemsDefaultLocation
16:54 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27545 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Pushed to master , NewItemsDefaultLocation is only used from
16:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1794: NOW UNSTABLE in 1 hr 5 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1794/
17:01 oleonard cait: Did you see my comment on Bug 29036?
17:01 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29036 minor, P5 - low, ---, bolshawh, Failed QA , Accessibility: OPAC buttons don't have sufficient contrast
17:02 cait sorry not yet and gone for today
17:02 cait maybe later or tomorrow
17:02 cait wait, i remember - yes i saw, just make it signed off again please? I wil check
17:02 oleonard Okay thank you
17:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #52: STILL UNSTABLE in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D12/52/
17:05 cait was wondering: is contract for 'disabled' good enough?
17:05 cait if the pale version is inactive
17:07 oleonard I don't know... Sometimes we alert when an inactive button is clicked, sometimes we don't
18:12 khall_ joined #koha
18:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1795: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 2 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1795/
18:37 oleonard Is there something about the item modification background job that is different in KTD?
18:37 oleonard I ask because my batch item modifications aren't working
18:38 oleonard Oh, correction, it's just failing to set the LOST status
19:16 gooble_gobble joined #koha
21:40 kellym joined #koha
21:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #367: FAILURE in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/367/
21:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #331: FAILURE in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/331/
21:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #206: FAILURE in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U18/206/
21:55 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #328: FAILURE in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/328/
21:59 oleonard-away Where is it controlled whether you can batch mod the lost status?
21:59 cait i tihnk it has to be set to visible in the frameworks
22:00 oleonard-away Ah, you're right
22:01 oleonard-away I think Bug 28445 broke the ability to batch update lost status
22:01 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28445 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, RESOLVED FIXED, Use the task queue for the batch delete and update items tool
22:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D11 build #721: FAILURE in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D11/721/
22:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #368: STILL FAILING in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/368/
22:32 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U_Stable build #14: SUCCESS in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]0.05_U_Stable/14/
22:38 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
22:38 wahanui Congratulations!
22:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #207: FIXED in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U18/207/
22:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D11 build #722: STILL FAILING in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D11/722/
22:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U21 build #5: SUCCESS in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.05_U21/5/
22:44 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
22:44 wahanui Congratulations!
22:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #332: FIXED in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/332/
22:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D11 build #723: STILL FAILING in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D11/723/
22:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #321: SUCCESS in 1 hr 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/321/
22:55 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
22:55 wahanui Congratulations!
22:55 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #329: FIXED in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/329/
23:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #333: FAILURE in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/333/
23:12 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
23:12 wahanui Congratulations!
23:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #369: FIXED in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/369/
23:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #322: FAILURE in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/322/
23:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #370: FAILURE in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/370/
23:23 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
23:23 wahanui Congratulations!
23:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D11 build #724: FIXED in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D11/724/
23:39 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D11 build #725: SUCCESS in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D11/725/
23:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #208: SUCCESS in 59 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U18/208/
23:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #330: SUCCESS in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/330/

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary