IRC log for #koha, 2021-10-13

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 irma joined #koha
00:04 g-user joined #koha
00:05 g-user Hello guys, i just copied my koha installation from ubuntu 18.04 onto ubuntu 20.04
00:06 g-user installed koha from repo on the new server copied the database /etc/koha imported the database into mysql etc
00:07 g-user I'm hitting this error
00:07 g-user rror while loading /etc/koha/plack.psgi: Can't locate C4/ in @INC (you may need to install the C4::Boolean module) (@INC contains: /usr/share/koha/lib /usr/share/koha/installer /usr/share/koha/lib/installer /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.30.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.30.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.30 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.30 /usr/share/perl/5.30 /usr/local/lib/site_perl
00:10 g-user Error~rror~
00:10 g-user I already installed c4::boolean using cpan but that didnt change anything
00:40 NateC joined #koha
00:41 NateC joined #koha
01:27 tcohen @later tell g-user check the PERL5LIB setting
01:27 huginn` tcohen: The operation succeeded.
01:27 tcohen somewhere
01:27 tcohen he
01:30 g-user joined #koha
02:44 NateC joined #koha
03:14 g-user joined #koha
03:26 marie-luce joined #koha
04:37 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U16 build #73: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_U16/73/
04:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D11 build #90: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_D11/90/
04:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D12 build #4: SUCCESS in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_21.05_D12/4/
05:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D9 build #72: SUCCESS in 59 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_21.05_D9/72/
05:05 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U18 build #71: SUCCESS in 1 hr 4 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_U18/71/
05:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U20 build #77: SUCCESS in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_U20/77/
05:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U_Stable build #68: SUCCESS in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1.05_U_Stable/68/
05:56 lmstrand joined #koha
06:02 davidnind joined #koha
06:08 JBoyer_ joined #koha
06:38 lds joined #koha
06:41 reiveune joined #koha
06:42 reiveune hello
06:42 wahanui hi, reiveune
06:48 alex_a joined #koha
07:17 sophie_m joined #koha
07:38 alex_a joined #koha
07:38 reiveune left #koha
07:38 sophie_m joined #koha
07:39 reiveune joined #koha
07:46 alex_a joined #koha
08:01 cait joined #koha
08:20 jajm joined #koha
08:23 fredericd joined #koha
08:29 Joubu oleonard can you have a look at the new version of bug 28859 (with its 2 dependent bugs) please?
08:29 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28859 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Table Settings should control Checked out by field in Checkout history
08:33 sophie_m joined #koha
08:34 alex_a joined #koha
09:58 davidnind joined #koha
09:58 davidnind left #koha
09:59 tcohen hola #koha
10:03 oleonard Hi tcohen & Joubu
10:09 Joubu o/
10:09 kellym joined #koha
10:30 khall joined #koha
10:38 khall_ joined #koha
10:51 alex_ joined #koha
11:11 jeremy_b joined #koha
11:23 oleonard Joubu: Why can bug 28349 be reproduced in 20.11.09 but not master?
11:23 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28349 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Date sorting incorrect in some tables
11:25 Joubu oleonard: data-order vs title-string
11:25 Joubu bug 27934
11:25 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27934 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Table sorting using title-string option is obsolete
11:27 oleonard Are you aware of any way the bug can be seen in master?
11:34 oleonard Joubu ^^
11:35 Joubu yep, searching for one to recreate :)
11:35 oleonard Thanks
11:37 Joubu oleonard: On the suggestion tab of the detail of bib record.
11:37 Joubu Create a suggestion, create an order from the suggestion
11:37 Joubu then go to the detail page, "suggestion" tab
11:37 Joubu you will see a table with 1 line (the suggestion
11:37 Joubu )
11:37 Joubu the first column is the suggestion id
11:37 Joubu 835                     <th class="NoSort">&nbsp;</th>
11:38 Joubu so expect to not see the sort by arrows
11:38 Joubu no wait
11:38 Joubu it's working on master :D
11:39 Joubu oleonard: I am out for lunch, will be back in a bit. I will let you know
11:40 Joubu but basically you can test with a console.log in
11:40 Joubu console.log(new_parameters);
11:41 Joubu you will see that aoColumnDefs values are not merged together (the default ones and the 'specific' ones, those passed to the KohaTable constructor
11:45 tcohen o/
11:58 tcohen oleonard: do we need 'Coce image from'
11:59 tcohen can it be an alt or hint or smth
12:00 cait joined #koha
12:04 khall joined #koha
12:09 khall_ joined #koha
12:10 Joubu oleonard: I've attached a patch on the bug to recreate the problem easily
12:16 oleonard Thanks Joubu
12:17 oleonard tcohen: I guess it's not strictly necessary, but could be easily hidden with CSS if you don't like it.
12:19 * oleonard bbl
12:50 Joubu ashimema, tcohen: bug 28700, what about comment 17?
12:50 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28700 major, P5 - low, ---, stalkernoid, Needs Signoff , "Unblessed" method in has blessed values for keys in some cases
12:51 Joubu kidclamp: you as well? ^
12:53 NateC joined #koha
12:58 kidclamp should we just address this per case? do we need a global solution? i.e. we know if we touch an object variable we can introduce this problem, so we should know to fetch from storage if an unblessed is need
13:01 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:06 Joubu kidclamp: do you mean we should call ->get_from_storage->unblessed before we call actionlog?
13:07 Joubu basically what my patch does but explicitely
13:07 kidclamp yes, asking why we want to build it into logging rather than place responsibility on the caller
13:07 Joubu to not forget occurrences :)
13:08 Joubu we could create a new object instead of modifying the one passed
13:09 khall joined #koha
13:12 cait tcohen: ?
13:14 kidclamp I am not against it, just asking the question
13:14 tcohen I like kidclamp's idea, but we might need to change some signature, to make sure the passed object is an object that needs refetch
13:14 kidclamp your patch also has "ref($infos) !~ /HASH|ARRAY/" - isn't the log going to be bad if it is a hash or array?
13:15 tcohen ha, I thought it was explicit, Jonathan
13:16 * tcohen should look at patches
13:17 khall_ joined #koha
13:18 gooble_gobble_1 joined #koha
13:22 Joubu kidclamp: no, if it's hash or array (supposed a Koha::OBejc
13:22 Joubu kidclamp: no, if it's hash or array (supposed a Koha::Object), it will fetch
13:23 kidclamp ah, was reading backwards
13:23 Joubu I would like a solution that will prevent to modify all the log call
13:23 kidclamp more coffee needed :-)
13:23 Joubu kidclamp: and my answer is wrong
13:23 Joubu kidclamp: no, if it's hash or array (supposed a Koha::Object), it *won't* fetch
13:24 Joubu kidclamp: no, if it's hash or array (supposed *not* a Koha::Object), it *won't* fetch
13:24 kidclamp and then a hash or array will be logged?
13:24 Joubu ok... bye :D
13:24 Joubu yes
13:25 kidclamp is beyond the scope I think, but won't that be ugly? i.e. wont we log HASH(Cjkshsdfkwrelkfj)?
13:25 Joubu the patch is not ready, I was suggesting an idea
13:26 Joubu we are calling logaction with $object->unblessed
13:26 cait tcohen: pm :)
13:26 Joubu with this approach we would call logaction with $object
13:26 Joubu and logaction will check if it's an object. If so it will ->get_from_storage->unblessed
13:27 Joubu so 1. The patch is wrong (->unblessed and Dump calls are missing) and 2. All the calls need to be modified to remove the ->unblessed..
13:32 kidclamp for holds deletion log, we currently pass a Dumper of $self->unblessed - if we try to fetch from DB in the log routine, what wil happen?
13:34 Joubu for deletion you need to pass your own stuff
13:34 kidclamp so it's a global solution, except when it is not? :-P
13:35 Joubu it is for discussion :)
13:35 Joubu there are always exceptions
13:36 tcohen I'd like to add that ->unblessed is heavily used for the API. So refetching a fresh object you just fetched, doesn't make sense.
13:37 tcohen and serializing dates as strings to make them DateTime objects to serialize different, doesn't either.
13:40 cait hm someone good with oai sets?
13:40 Joubu I don't understand your comment, tcohen
13:41 cait wondering if a mapping on a repeatable subfield could be a problem if the value we are looking for is not in first position
13:41 tcohen I was looking at the other patch
13:41 Joubu my patch does not modify ->unblessed. Are you commenting the other patch?
13:41 Joubu k
13:41 tcohen yes
13:41 Joubu we don't have any good solutions
13:41 tcohen just wanted to mention this somewhere
13:46 thd joined #koha
13:47 oleonard I hope y'all had a chance to see my icon glitch yesterday:
13:49 tcohen it was great :-D
13:49 * tcohen approves
13:50 NateC_ joined #koha
13:52 ashimema lol
13:58 tuxayo meeting in 2 min!
13:58 tuxayo rmaints?
13:58 wahanui rmaints is fridolin, khall, kidclamp, wainui and tuxayo
13:59 nugged \o
13:59 tuxayo qa_team?
13:59 wahanui qa_team is probably cait, dcook, amoyano, ashimema, marcelr, kohaputti, jajm, tcohen, kidclamp, khall, tuxayo, petrova, nugged
13:59 tcohen hola tuxayo
13:59 tuxayo hi ^^
13:59 ashimema dang
14:00 ashimema dev or general
14:00 ashimema I've lsot track
14:00 tuxayo dev
14:00 ashimema dang
14:00 ashimema okies
14:00 tuxayo https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_13_October_2021
14:01 petrova joined #koha
14:01 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 13 October 2021
14:01 huginn` Meeting started Wed Oct 13 14:01:51 2021 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
14:01 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 October 2021)
14:01 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_13_october_2021'
14:02 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_13_October_2021
14:02 Joubu #topic Introductions
14:02 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 October 2021)
14:02 petrova #info Peter (Petro) Vashchuk, National Library of Finland, HELSINKI
14:02 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:02 nugged #info Andrew Nugged, National Library of Finland, HELSINKI
14:02 tuxayo #info Victor Grousset, Tuxayo Solutions, France
14:02 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
14:03 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:03 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
14:03 Joubu #topic Announcements
14:03 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 October 2021)
14:03 Joubu something?
14:03 wahanui hmmm... something is broken
14:03 Joubu everything is broken, wahanui
14:03 wahanui ...but everything is there...
14:03 Joubu as well
14:04 ashimema #info We're starting to think about the advent calendar.. volunteers for writing posts, editing etc welcome
14:05 Joubu #topic Update from the Release Manager (21.11)
14:05 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (21.11) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 October 2021)
14:05 ashimema I was going to propose a more mixed approach this year.. some Dev posts, some more general ones to try and attract more of an audience
14:05 Joubu sorry
14:05 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions, Argentina
14:05 Joubu could you start a pad with different ideas?
14:06 Joubu To show what you have in mind, and collect ideas from others?
14:06 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:06 Joubu maybe a mail to the list could be nice as well "if you want a tuto explaining how to do..."
14:06 ashimema Nice idea
14:07 ashimema Yeah.. will discus further out of meeting.. we onl usut thought about it (thanks for the reminder tcohen)
14:07 Joubu #action ashimema initiate the advent calendar - create a pad to collect ideas + send email to the list
14:08 Joubu anything else?
14:08 wahanui i guess anything else is necessarily going to be incremental.
14:08 Joubu We are less than 2 weeks from the 21.11 feature freeze. I will send the release dates soon.
14:09 Joubu I've flagged bugs and enhs as 21.11 candidate
14:09 Joubu there are quite a lot -[…]l_21_11_candidate
14:09 Joubu and some don't have patches. It would be good to see the team working on that list
14:09 Joubu especially for the bugfixes, I will need help.
14:10 Joubu SO+QA should focus on that list as well
14:10 Joubu well, nothing new
14:10 Joubu any questions?
14:10 nugged Joubu: I see 11175 in that list, great, will 20447 pass also some doors... or too complicated?
14:11 Joubu they are both candidates
14:11 Joubu the list is up-to-date
14:11 Joubu :)
14:11 oleonard I'm working on Bug 29212 now, should have a patch ready for testing today
14:11 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29212 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Use Flatpickr on OPAC pages
14:12 Joubu nugged: the problem with 20447 is that there are lot of other related bugs
14:12 Joubu and I asked for a discussion, you need to help each others
14:12 Joubu Next week is the General IRC meeting, should we vote for the 22.05 team?
14:13 nugged (I just did rebase of 20447 seconds ago because of 29135)
14:13 Joubu oleonard: is it the last one before the jqueryui removal?
14:13 oleonard I believe so
14:13 gooble_gobble_2 joined #koha
14:13 Joubu would be good to have for 21.11 :)
14:14 ashimema I'll happily test the flatpickr stuff
14:14 ashimema been beavering away at it on the staff side so it shouldn't be too hard to follow
14:14 ashimema yes.. lets vote at the next general meeting
14:14 ashimema (also voting on the reduction of number of meetings then too I think)
14:14 oleonard +1
14:15 Joubu #action fridolin write your RM proposal
14:15 Joubu @later tell fridolin write your RM proposal
14:15 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:15 Joubu Or I will submit mine
14:15 Joubu #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:15 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 October 2021)
14:15 tuxayo nothing to report
14:16 Joubu #topic Updates from the QA team
14:16 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 October 2021)
14:16 nugged I can say that we installed Sunday's master (Joubu knews the feedback and all things goes tightly) on one production (pilot friendly victim :) ), and we found few quick fixes and in the most it survived and "almost good" so we coming to more or less stable build with feature freeze :). I CAN focus librarians to test SPECIFIC things if you mates hint me what them explicitly ask to test
14:17 Joubu anything about the new date picker widget?
14:17 Joubu Did they notice the changes?
14:18 ashimema do they have any accessibility focused people nugged?
14:18 ashimema always good to get people who use screen readers and things in real life to feed back
14:20 nugged sadly, ... librarians only. But this good point to ask from all 15 customer libraries to get such feedback. I'll ask. And our mostly uses API for people, so staff only swmming in intranet.
14:20 thd Think of the low vision people with extra super large font magnification
14:20 Joubu #topic Status of roadmap projects
14:20 Topic for #koha is now Status of roadmap projects (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 October 2021)
14:20 thd ... also.  No screen reader use needed for testing magnification.
14:21 * ashimema has been terrible at poking people :(
14:21 Joubu Did I tell you I *really* wanted bug 28445 for 21.11?
14:21 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28445 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Failed QA , Use the task queue for the batch delete and update items tool
14:21 tcohen yes
14:21 tcohen do you need help with the QA raised issues?
14:21 Joubu sure?
14:21 Joubu :D
14:22 Joubu I fixed them already
14:22 tcohen ok
14:22 Joubu it was not QA, testing problems
14:22 tcohen will look at it with kidclamp ASAP
14:22 tcohen if he can heh
14:23 kidclamp I just failed QA again Joubu
14:23 Joubu Other topics to talk about?
14:23 tcohen Joubu: would you consider some new API routes that are being submitted?
14:23 Joubu ha, thanks kidclamp! I didn't see yet. Will get back to it soon
14:23 Joubu new API routes?
14:24 tcohen the work on the /public space has been locking other devs
14:25 tcohen I'm talking about bug 28948
14:25 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28948 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Passed QA , Add a /public counterpart for the libraries REST endpoints
14:25 Joubu PQA yesterday..
14:25 ashimema That dev is a great piece of foundation code
14:25 nugged > anything about the new date picker widget?
14:25 nugged I did. But librarians more concerned about other things. I will try kindly hint them to enjoy louder :)
14:25 Joubu let me a bit of time please
14:25 tcohen (y)
14:26 tcohen <3
14:26 Joubu I don't like pushing things that is not used. And the devs "locked" are not for 21.11
14:26 Joubu so it's not urgent to me
14:26 Joubu I have ton of things I'd like to deal with before
14:26 Joubu like all the 21.11 I've flagged
14:27 Joubu tcohen: we abandon bug 24403 for 21.11?
14:27 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=24403 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , [OMNIBUS] OpacHiddenItems should hide items everywhere in the OPAC
14:27 Joubu ha! I have a **** good news
14:27 Joubu bug 27829 is almost done
14:28 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27829 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , [OMNIBUS] Remove specific LANG installer data
14:28 Joubu only fr-FR left!
14:28 tcohen Joubu: the ones missing (24403) are shelves and those related to searching
14:30 Joubu and?
14:30 Joubu there is a bunch in the "depends on" list
14:30 Joubu anyway, moving on.
14:30 tcohen not many, yes, move on
14:31 Joubu #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:31 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 October 2021)
14:31 Joubu something?
14:31 wahanui something is broken
14:31 tuxayo #off[…]oken-81e5f33a24e1
14:31 oleonard FYI, when the Flatpickr conversion is done I will start working on jQueryUI tabs.
14:32 oleonard The jQueryUI project announced there will not be another feature release
14:34 Joubu oleonard: do you have the list of the jQueryUI features we are using?
14:34 Joubu datetime picker we are going to remove, then the tabs
14:34 Joubu what else?
14:35 oleonard Then the rest :)
14:35 oleonard Autocomplete, accordion... progressbar maybe?
14:36 tuxayo last jQueryUI release was a week ago, the previous one 5 years ago ^^"
14:36 Joubu it will help to have an omnibus report with the different dependencies
14:36 oleonard There's no rush i don't think, but especially with the components that can be replaced by Bootstrap we shouldn't wait.
14:36 Joubu we could even help you
14:37 oleonard We'll have to move to a whole new solution for autocomplete
14:37 oleonard You always help me Joubu! :)
14:38 Joubu at least trying
14:38 Joubu Do you think it's a good idea to have the bug tree?
14:38 oleonard Yes definitely.
14:38 oleonard I will work on it
14:38 Joubu thans
14:38 Joubu thanks
14:38 Joubu somethings else?
14:39 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
14:39 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 October 2021)
14:39 thd No one would have noticed because I had not posted an explanation to look with a link to a git archive which I am now testing for possible installation errors or omissions, but the binary and other wiki files which would only confuse seeing changes in version control  available from the old link have a slight directory nesting error which I am now fixing so that automated installation does not break.
14:40 sonOfRa joined #koha
14:41 thd Previous unreadable sentence was about wiki migration testing.
14:41 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
14:41 wahanui Congratulations!
14:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #426: FIXED in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/426/
14:41 Joubu #info Next meeting: 27 October 2021, 14 UTC
14:41 tcohen thanks thd
14:42 Joubu last one before the hour shift
14:42 Joubu #endmeeting
14:42 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:42 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Oct 13 14:42:26 2021 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:42 huginn` Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-10-13-14.01.html
14:42 huginn` Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]1-10-13-14.01.txt
14:42 huginn` Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]13-14.01.log.html
14:42 tuxayo thanks Joubu and all :)
14:43 ashimema thanks
14:43 tcohen Joubu++
14:46 nugged (Joubu) x 2
14:47 * thd has to run off to replace a soldered in laptop keyboard.  What was wrong with screws?!?
14:48 tcohen it's the pandemic thd
14:48 tcohen screws are screwed like us
14:48 tcohen haha
14:49 thd Not my soldered in keyboard but some quite common HP keyboard made long before the pandemic screw shortage.
15:23 reiveune bye
15:23 reiveune left #koha
16:09 cait left #koha
16:50 sophie_m joined #koha
16:50 cait joined #koha
17:21 Oak joined #koha
18:36 Nelson joined #koha
20:03 lidi joined #koha
20:32 khall joined #koha
22:07 NateC joined #koha
22:18 khall_ joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary