IRC log for #koha, 2021-09-29

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
02:06 hayley joined #koha
05:09 chriss joined #koha
05:59 reiveune joined #koha
05:59 reiveune hello
06:13 cait joined #koha
06:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #393: FAILURE in 5 min 5 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/393/
06:36 cait joined #koha
06:38 cait joined #koha
06:55 alex_a joined #koha
06:55 alex_a Bonjour
06:58 ashimema morning :)
07:08 ashimema bug 11175
07:08 lds joined #koha
07:08 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=11175 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, joonas.kylmala, Signed Off , Show the parent record's component parts in the detailed views
07:08 sophie_m joined #koha
07:09 cait joined #koha
07:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1756: SUCCESS in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1756/
07:19 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #16: SUCCESS in 1 hr 6 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D12/16/
07:21 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
07:21 wahanui Congratulations!
07:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #394: FIXED in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/394/
07:31 paul_p joined #koha
08:05 alex_a joined #koha
08:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29091: Compiled CSS <[…]3a72042df1343bf9c>
08:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28934: Compiled CSS <[…]f0dbce23d7ed506c7>
08:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29070: Compiled CSS <[…]1202d0eb7c611d53b>
08:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29070: Use a variable to store the #666666 color <[…]8c04409309cb5ca54>
08:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29091: Correct display of lists and tags on search results <[…]f73579d53740e6f69>
08:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29078: Resolve division by zero in touch_all scripts <[…]ada12a28087b6d5b8>
08:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28934: Make the OPAC registration form design consistent <[…]285dfaf6ad1fe4a21>
08:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29070: Accessibility OPAC Purchase suggestions box on search results page has... <[…]c4b3147bc2d04a231>
08:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29068: Accessibility OPAC search results summary text has insufficient contrast <[…]d97abd2747e115e1b>
08:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29067: Remove duplicate conditional statement from OPAC messaging settings title <[…]d49d041edf8eae155>
08:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29065: Accessibility OPAC clear search history link has insufficient contrast <[…]46a8d50c1c98f3030>
08:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29064: Remove duplicate term Most popular titles <[…]244484f3a7809191f>
08:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29038: Accessibility OPACUserSummary heading doesn't have sufficient contrast <[…]294cd6ec501549002>
08:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28438: (follow-up) Capitalization: Various corrections <[…]6301a30e3f67a42e9>
08:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29037: Accessibility: OPAC links don't have sufficient contrast <[…]572688c37b25d12a9>
08:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28940: In call IntranetUserJS only once <[…]ba0555403b7b4100b>
08:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28438: Capitalization: Various corrections <[…]4b07f33cd4bd96582>
08:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28510: Remove unnecessary conditional <[…]b9e7bf17259eaabaf>
08:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28510: Remove marking of closed branches as 'disable_transfer' <[…]f6e2907f6fc8093e6>
08:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28510: Skip processing holds queue items from closed libraries when HoldsQueueSki... <[…]062ef13c1096b2bae>
08:10 Joubu Pull the new koha-testing-docker's images! (will fix "Can't locate Email/ in @INC")
08:11 * ashimema was wondering about switching from cpanm to cpm in those instances yesterday when I saw all the merges
08:11 ashimema any select2 experts in the house?
08:11 ashimema can't for the life of me work out what's wrong with my implimentation
08:15 Joubu ashimema: where is it?
08:15 ashimema on an entirely new page
08:16 ashimema[…]1b5a112c716064eb0
08:17 ashimema[…]2c716064eb0_0_148 beong the code that instantiates it
08:17 ashimema the api call works fine, I get a list of options to select.. I select the one I want and it even updates the hidden <select> but it doesn't display the selected value
08:21 Joubu mtj: Thanks for your work on ktd, I didn't find the gitlab's issue about that yesterday.
08:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_CPAN build #434: UNSTABLE in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D11_CPAN/434/
08:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_MDB_Latest build #692: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]0_MDB_Latest/692/
08:57 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #191: UNSTABLE in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/191/
09:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1766: SUCCESS in 1 hr 3 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1766/
09:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #17: SUCCESS in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D12/17/
09:26 Joubu khall_: Can you have a look at bug 28510 please, it made some tests failing
09:26 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28510 minor, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to master , Skip processing holds queue items from closed libraries when HoldsQueueSkipClosed is enabled
09:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_My8 build #652: UNSTABLE in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ster_D10_My8/652/
09:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1757: SUCCESS in 1 hr 22 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1757/
09:51 tcohen good morning
09:51 ashimema morning tcohen
09:55 tcohen mtj++
09:55 tcohen Joubu++
09:55 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U_Stable build #256: SUCCESS in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_U_Stable/256/
10:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_CPAN build #435: STILL UNSTABLE in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D11_CPAN/435/
10:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #395: SUCCESS in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/395/
10:16 * kidclamp waves
10:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #18: UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D12/18/
10:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_MDB_Latest build #693: SUCCESS in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]0_MDB_Latest/693/
10:47 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28826: DBRev <[…]b8c282b0968e3956b>
10:47 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28937: Compiled CSS <[…]e4eed86cc776eabd6>
10:47 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29030: Compiled CSS <[…]795d638f51f8ad02f>
10:47 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28484: (QA follow-up) POD fix <[…]bfb844179c0467d1b>
10:47 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28484: (QA follow-up) Add fix on OPAC <[…]aedd0109a0cab2e13>
10:47 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27155: Include identifier test in Biblio_and_Items_plugin_hooks.t <[…]5c65e901d9a7289a6>
10:47 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28937: (QA follow-up) Accessability improvement <[…]9584dd5806e2033cb>
10:47 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 29030: Make authorized value and description fields required <[…]4c2dbdec9faf03c1c>
10:47 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28933: Add subscription class to each subscription in opac-detail <[…]fe90eeada55ab94f4>
10:48 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28937: Use Flatpickr on circulation and patron pages <[…]90755128fc0b5cf6a>
10:48 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28454: Add Koha version number to database schema link in reports <[…]6518886e03dfb27a4>
10:48 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28826: Add FacetOrder system preference <[…]6893112c5b33b45ce>
10:48 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28484: ES clean title in biblio detail <[…]411b510d96b2babf0>
11:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1767: SUCCESS in 59 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1767/
11:17 marcelr joined #koha
11:18 marcelr hi #koha
11:24 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
11:24 wahanui Congratulations!
11:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_CPAN build #436: FIXED in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D11_CPAN/436/
11:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_MDB_Latest build #694: SUCCESS in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]0_MDB_Latest/694/
11:38 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
11:38 wahanui Congratulations!
11:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #192: FIXED in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/192/
11:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1758: UNSTABLE in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1758/
11:53 Joubu marcelr: bug 28821 - nothing special really, /cgi-bin/koha/
11:53 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28821 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Failed QA , OPAC Advanced search: Improve operation of button plus/less
11:54 Joubu click minus sign 3 times and that's it
11:56 marcelr thats strange
11:56 marcelr i just tested and the minus disappears after 2x
12:00 marcelr new dep: Can't locate Email/ in @INC
12:02 Joubu docker pull or install it
12:02 marcelr yeah did it now
12:03 marcelr i cant click the minus 3 times?
12:03 marcelr firefox
12:03 marcelr is it a browser thing?
12:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_My8 build #653: STILL UNSTABLE in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ster_D10_My8/653/
12:10 marcelr Joubu: edge and chrome work as expected for me
12:10 marcelr too
12:10 Joubu I am using Firefox, I will have another look at it in 10
12:10 marcelr ok
12:13 tcohen joined #koha
12:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #19: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 5 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D12/19/
12:25 khall joined #koha
12:27 paul_p joined #koha
12:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #396: UNSTABLE in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/396/
12:28 Joubu marcelr: it works for me with:
12:28 Joubu -        if($(this).parent().parent().siblings().length < 2 ) {
12:28 Joubu +        if($(this).parent().parent().siblings().length <= 2 ) {
12:29 Joubu marcelr: ok, got it. I am using ES and I am seeing a " Apply field weights to search " checkox
12:29 Joubu it's a sibling
12:30 Joubu it indeed works correctly with searchengine=zebra
12:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U_Stable build #257: SUCCESS in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_U_Stable/257/
12:36 marcelr ok
12:37 marcelr so it needs a follow-up for ES ?
12:37 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_CPAN build #437: UNSTABLE in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D11_CPAN/437/
12:38 Joubu marcelr: yes, you need to pass a selector to siblings I think
12:38 marcelr ok i will check
12:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1768: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1768/
13:02 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_MDB_Latest build #695: UNSTABLE in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]0_MDB_Latest/695/
13:11 Joubu marcelr: I think we should limit the selector to the current element. If we have another .ButtonLess in the document it will introduce a regression.
13:12 marcelr hmm
13:13 marcelr will add a parent element to it
13:13 marcelr div class="search-term-input"
13:14 marcelr actually id not touch this code: $('.ButtonLess').hide();  So your argument is not completely valid for this change
13:15 marcelr i would prefer to keep it like it is; someone introducing new ButtonLess stuff should make that change ?
13:15 Joubu k
13:15 marcelr this was actually a qa follow-up that got moved on its own
13:17 marcelr any translators here? do i need specific permissions to download a PO file from pootle as flat text file ?
13:18 marcelr cant find that link anymore
13:28 Joubu dev meeting in ~30
13:28 caroline_catlady marcelr: maybe
13:28 caroline_catlady in a pich I can maybe dpwnload it for you?
13:29 Oak joined #koha
13:35 thd joined #koha
13:43 khall_ joined #koha
13:47 marcelr caroline_catlady: i got the file via an export link, but the download link is not visible to me
13:47 marcelr in the pootle interface
13:48 caroline_catlady I would write to bernardo to get administrato status for your language
13:48 marcelr kind of funny because I started nl-NL as a split from nl-BE
13:48 marcelr and now I dont have perms
13:49 marcelr 10 years ago or something
13:49 caroline_catlady things changed a couple of months ago and a lot of ppl lost permissions (some couldn't submit translations anymore, only "suggest", maybe you lost your permissions at the same time
13:51 marcelr caroline_catlady: probably, thx
13:56 tuxayo meeting in 5min!
13:56 tuxayo rmaints? qa_team?
13:57 tuxayo rmaints?
13:57 wahanui rmaints is fridolin, khall, kidclamp, wainui and tuxayo
13:57 tuxayo qa_team?
13:57 wahanui well, qa_team is cait, dcook, amoyano, ashimema, marcelr, kohaputti, jajm, tcohen, kidclamp, khall, tuxayo, petrova, nugged
13:58 marcelr do we have such a large qa team, tuxayo ? :)
13:59 ashimema blimeys
13:59 marcelr not all are as active as cait btw
13:59 marcelr or ashimema
13:59 wahanui well, ashimema is back on security bugs today.. sorry, it's been a bit of a crazy week
13:59 marcelr haha
13:59 tuxayo lol
14:00 kidclamp but we still care :-)
14:00 ashimema or marcelr for that matter ;)
14:00 * kidclamp sends hugs
14:00 ashimema hehe
14:00 marcelr bugs?
14:00 wahanui bugs are more urgent, but I'd also like us to revisit how to register - right now it asks for a person, i think it would be better if it asked for an institution
14:00 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 29 September 2021
14:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Sep 29 14:00:16 2021 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
14:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 September 2021)
14:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_29_september_2021'
14:00 Joubu #topic Introductions
14:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 September 2021)
14:00 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]29_September_2021
14:00 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:00 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy, Rijksmuseum, The Netherlands
14:00 henryb joined #koha
14:01 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:01 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
14:02 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:02 tuxayo #info Victor Grousset, Tuxayo Global Services Inc., France
14:02 henryb #info Henry Bolshaw, House of Lords Library, UK
14:03 khall_ #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
14:03 Joubu #topic Announcements
14:03 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 September 2021)
14:03 Joubu Anyone have something?
14:04 ashimema not i
14:04 Joubu #topic Update from the Release Manager (21.11)
14:04 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (21.11) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 September 2021)
14:04 Joubu Back from a break, I will be around full speed until the release.
14:04 Joubu First, you must upgrade your Koha instances in production. Last releases contain important security bug fixes.
14:05 Joubu Then, devs should `docker pull` to pull the latest koha-testing-docker images. A new dependency has been pushed this morning.
14:05 Joubu A workaround is to install it via apt (libemail-address-perl).
14:05 Joubu About 21.11:
14:05 Joubu There is only one month left before the feature freeze, there is still some time for big things to get in but we need to speed up.
14:06 Joubu I would like devs to list their priorities for 21.11. We need to help each others and focus on helping everyone's priorities.
14:06 Joubu If you have things from the roadmap that need test or review, let me know and I will put them on top of my list.
14:06 ashimema +1
14:06 Joubu My priorities are flagged with the RM_priorities bugzilla keyword, and are still the same since the beginning of the release cycle (as very few have been pushed).
14:07 Joubu
14:07 Joubu Here is my top 5:
14:07 Joubu bug 28445 (additional work is stuck because of that one)
14:07 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28445 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Use the task queue for the batch delete and update items tool
14:07 Joubu bug 27829
14:07 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27829 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , [OMNIBUS] Remove specific LANG installer data
14:07 Joubu bug 3142,
14:07 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3142 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Standardize how OPAC and staff determine requestability
14:07 Joubu bug 28413
14:07 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28413 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Signed Off , background job worker is running with all the modules in RAM
14:08 Joubu and the accessibility bugs (see bz kw 'accessibility', there are currently 6 waiting for SO).
14:08 Joubu I will send an email to koha-devel later this week about that.
14:08 Joubu Ha, and there is also the Flatpickr move. oleonard, do we have an omnibus for them?
14:09 Joubu https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]kr&list_id=385606
14:09 Joubu should be that list
14:09 thd oleonard: Left a note that he would not be available for this meeting.
14:09 Joubu we need the move completed for 21.11 or we will have to maintain 2 plugins
14:09 Joubu thd: indeed
14:09 Joubu that's all for me, any questions?
14:10 henryb Not a question but I will SO some of the accessibility bugs today or tomorrow
14:11 Joubu thanks!
14:11 Joubu #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:11 ashimema flatpickr is near the top of my list
14:11 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 September 2021)
14:11 ashimema I've unblocked the hard one now and intend to QA the rest this afternoon :)
14:12 marcelr magnuse should reply to the normarc deletion patches
14:12 Joubu marcelr: he agreed to remove NORMARC support for 21.11
14:12 tuxayo #info security release went out, thanks Joubu and mtj for the specific work there.
14:13 Joubu release_team++
14:13 Joubu it was a tricky one
14:13 Joubu we identified some flaws in our workflow
14:13 henryb Is flatpickr only on staff client?
14:13 ashimema for now
14:13 Joubu we should improve how we deal with security release to make things easier for everybody, it's on my list
14:14 marcelr it would be nice to see if a secu patch is on the move to being backported or just passed qa
14:14 Joubu marcelr: what would you suggest? A comment from the RM?
14:15 marcelr that might help already; now it is probably only a mail or so
14:16 Joubu the biggest of our problem is that we don't have CI for the security repo
14:16 tuxayo indeed ^^
14:16 Joubu we should also try and provide patches for older versions, but we also have troubles with the 4 we support
14:17 Joubu another idea would be to have a LTS version
14:17 Joubu I will be working on a proposal during the next month
14:17 Joubu moving on?
14:18 ashimema :)
14:18 Joubu #topic Updates from the QA team
14:18 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 September 2021)
14:18 marcelr 70 / 15 = 4,5 ?
14:19 Joubu 70/15
14:19 Joubu 70/15?
14:19 wahanui 4.66666666666667
14:19 Joubu almost
14:19 Joubu why 15?
14:20 marcelr o maybe 14 (qa team size)
14:20 Joubu 70/13?
14:20 wahanui 5.38461538461539
14:20 marcelr 70 is the SO queue now
14:20 Joubu so yes, 6 each and we are done
14:21 Joubu something else?
14:21 marcelr bug 28883
14:21 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28883 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, In Discussion , Koha::Objects->_new_from_dbic doesn't work correctly in list context
14:21 marcelr we touch this discussion in other reports too
14:23 Joubu to me we should remove wantarray, it will make sense easier
14:23 Joubu and we won't need the scalar trick in the template anymore
14:24 marcelr yes we need people to be more aware of the danger of chaining methods in templates
14:24 Joubu but it seems that others prefer the reverse
14:24 tuxayo > danger of chaining methods in templates
14:24 tuxayo what are these dangers?
14:25 Joubu the low number of occurrences of scalar in .tt shows that we don't chain much
14:25 marcelr the reverse means that you need to put scalar everywhere in the templates
14:25 tcohen I've just found a case in the wild...
14:25 Joubu everywhere you chain :)
14:26 tcohen well, a case in which a dev thought _new_from_dbic honoured list context
14:26 Joubu it's not even using scalar, it's using it in a weird way. You have to split the calls, like you discovered it in one of the comments of the bug
14:26 marcelr tuxayo: have a look at the report
14:26 marcelr object.method1.method2 is in TT somethings else than in perl
14:27 Joubu TT is calling in list context, it's in the doc, nothing wrong :)
14:27 marcelr hmm i think that was a bad choice in TT
14:27 Joubu My opinion is that, currently, we don't have people available to work on such big tasks.
14:27 tcohen we do
14:28 Joubu both solutions are time consuming
14:28 marcelr i agree that it is hard to go that road now but we are somewhere in the middle
14:28 marcelr or on 0.25 ?
14:28 Joubu we have been in the middle for years, nothing new
14:28 marcelr lol
14:29 tuxayo ok I see: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…].cgi?id=28883#c47
14:29 huginn Bug 28883: normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, In Discussion , Koha::Objects->_new_from_dbic doesn't work correctly in list context
14:29 Joubu we need to move on, several topics left. But let's continue after the meeting or on the bug
14:29 Joubu #topic Actions from last meeting.
14:29 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting. (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 September 2021)
14:29 Joubu nothing here
14:29 Joubu #topic Informal feedback & highlights from koha-US conference
14:29 Topic for #koha is now Informal feedback & highlights from koha-US conference (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 September 2021)
14:30 Joubu Who added that?
14:30 Joubu tuxayo: ?
14:30 marcelr was a bit dark there?
14:30 marcelr no highlights
14:31 tcohen LOL
14:31 tuxayo oh it was me, in case someone who was there wanted to mention stuff to get other to check it out
14:31 tuxayo (i didn't check if there was recordings)
14:31 Joubu kidclamp maybe?
14:32 Joubu
14:32 tuxayo :D
14:32 Joubu everything is there
14:32 marcelr give us the highlights tuxayo :)
14:33 Joubu action tuxayo what the koha-us conference and write a summary
14:33 Joubu watch
14:33 tuxayo I didn't attend sorry
14:33 tuxayo lol
14:33 thd For some portion of everything perhaps :)
14:33 tuxayo nope, if I want to get rid of some big stuff so I can get back to SO and QA
14:34 Joubu #topic Roles for 22.05
14:34 Topic for #koha is now Roles for 22.05 (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 September 2021)
14:34 Joubu I will create the page and send the link to the list, right after the meeting
14:34 Joubu #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:34 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 September 2021)
14:35 Joubu marcelr, tcohen: would like to continue the list/scalar context discussion now?
14:35 tcohen yes
14:35 marcelr not necessarily
14:35 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
14:35 tcohen trade offs
14:35 marcelr raising awareness
14:36 tcohen #info Tomás Cohen Arazi
14:36 tcohen I think it is one of those things that are worth, once sorted, things are clearer for devs
14:36 tcohen right now they will need to identify methods that rely on _new_from_dbic from those calling ->search
14:37 marcelr yeah but the templating side is no improvement
14:38 tcohen the scalar. builtin module didn't work, right?
14:38 marcelr lets build a wrapper around TT, haha
14:38 marcelr yes it needs stash
14:38 Joubu since we have a as_list method, I don't understand why we wouldn't help ourself having everything return an iterator, and let callers *explicitely* ask for a list when they need it
14:38 ashimema I'm not sure
14:38 ashimema I got condused between the options honestly
14:39 tcohen Joubu: that would mean changing the ->search behavior as well?
14:39 marcelr for consistency yes
14:39 Joubu yes, remove wantarray
14:39 ashimema that is a TT scalar plugin.. there is our own Scalar plugin and there is also TT::Stash::Context or something
14:39 Joubu from everywhere
14:39 marcelr maybe we should add sub hatearaay
14:39 marcelr hatearray
14:40 tcohen if we go that route, we should certainly think of raising an exception in list context
14:40 marcelr theoretically i would prefer the list context but the tt is a large drawback
14:40 tcohen ah no, that would break all templates, nm
14:41 Joubu you cannot return an array, because most of the time you want an iterator
14:42 Joubu you can get an array from an iterator (ofc not the reverse)
14:42 marcelr was there never any request for TT to use scalar context in chaining ?
14:42 marcelr it should not be that hard ??
14:42 tcohen marcelr: Joubu solved it, in a non-elegant way, but technically solved it
14:43 ashimema
14:44 thd One can always test for some data type and transform the data into whatever data type is expected when the data is returned in some unexpected type.
14:44 marcelr adding .scalar is not the solution i was thinking of ashimema
14:45 tcohen I like explicitly addinig .scalar
14:45 marcelr obejct.method1.method2 should mean method1 is scalar context
14:45 thd tcohen: Is there an elegant solution?
14:46 tcohen I would prefer a dotted chaining solution to Scalar( object, method )
14:46 ashimema me too
14:46 marcelr tcohen .scalar is ugly too
14:46 ashimema frankly I just find it confusing that TT always calls in list context
14:46 ashimema yup
14:46 Joubu it didn't work when I tried
14:46 marcelr no you need stash module
14:47 Joubu and I guess that's why I wrote our own TT plugin
14:47 tcohen which works like a charm
14:47 tcohen but we cannot do that everywhere
14:47 Joubu no
14:47 marcelr remember that problem in an AR patch about the Biblio plugin ?
14:48 Joubu where do you need it?
14:48 marcelr charm is not my word haha
14:48 Joubu what's the root of the problem?
14:48 Joubu so far we have Context.Scalar called in 2 files
14:48 marcelr i wont change scope further ..
14:48 Joubu and they are include files (that's why it was ugly to have the code duplicated in the controller and easier to pass the orders iterator)
14:49 ashimema dbic has 'force scalar' for all relation accessors built in btw
14:49 ashimema that's how they get around it
14:50 tuxayo Are there obtables the handle all the data preparation in the .pl files ? To not need logic in the .tt (other than loops and conditions on data immediately available, no dot calls)
14:50 ashimema there are _rs versions of every relation that dbic adds
14:50 Joubu tuxayo: yes, code duplication
14:50 ashimema but that would be a bit of a pain to add to koha objects
14:50 ashimema obtables ?
14:51 tuxayo *obstacles
14:51 marcelr or only disallow chaining them ?
14:51 tuxayo > code duplication
14:51 tuxayo indeed,it can be tricky
14:51 marcelr but hard to parse probably
14:51 * tcohen is not that worried about code duplication
14:51 Joubu lol
14:51 Joubu I am
14:52 Joubu when we need info for the toolbars, we have code duplicated in all the controllers of the module (say acquisition)
14:52 Joubu that's why I am fighting
14:52 tcohen I prefer to calculate more things in the controllers, and wait for TT 10 to handle scalar context
14:52 tcohen haha
14:52 marcelr Joubu use a module haha
14:53 Joubu can you remind me the problem with explicitely call ->as_list when we need an array?
14:53 tcohen inconsistent behavior
14:53 Joubu as it solves the different problems we are having, what's the real problem with that?
14:53 Joubu not if you implement it everywhere and remove wantarray, as I am suggesting
14:54 tcohen you still need to track all the uses in list context
14:54 marcelr do our templates now also expect lists from ->items e.g.
14:54 Joubu yes, but a change in whatever direction will be painful
14:55 marcelr i know the answer already :)
14:55 tcohen both paths are painful
14:56 marcelr what is the biggest one ?
14:56 tcohen and the one Joubu proposes implies not needing todo weird stuff in all templates
14:56 tcohen and the other one feels more consistent with what we currently do in the codebase
14:56 marcelr what requires the most changes ?
14:56 tcohen I don't think it is a matter of how many
14:56 Joubu the biggest (but not the hardest) is to remove wantarray. Not too hard as you can identify them with the @
14:57 tcohen tracking all templates is painful per-se
14:57 marcelr the templates are the problem
14:57 tcohen exactly, Joubu is right about that
14:57 thd Are there no occasions when we need an array or should need an array to properly represent the meaning of the data where multiple sub-elements are individually associated?
14:58 Joubu I maintain my position however, we don't have people available to work on that (at least now, 1 month before the ft freeze).
14:58 Joubu I don't see that as a high priority move
14:58 Joubu we leave with that for years, with 3 "problematic" occurrences in the codebase
14:58 thd s/sub-elements/data components/
14:59 marcelr it means that anyone is doing the things his own way
15:00 Joubu It means that we can think about it during the next month. Investigate the different options, come with proposal, and discuss again later :D
15:00 Joubu we are kind of stuck anyway
15:00 marcelr sure
15:01 Joubu I don't think we can come with a vote/solution now
15:01 tcohen I agree, but then those bugs shouldn't block devs into master
15:01 Joubu why not using Scalar?
15:02 Joubu you will be stuck if you are waiting for one of the solution to be implemented
15:02 marcelr the advantage of scalaring a scalar
15:03 Joubu tcohen: there are no bugs linked with this bug
15:04 tcohen oh, did we remove them already
15:04 marcelr all bugs have been solved tcohen
15:04 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
15:04 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 September 2021)
15:05 Joubu #info Next meeting: 13 October 2021, 14 UTC
15:05 Joubu #endmeeting
15:05 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
15:05 huginn Meeting ended Wed Sep 29 15:05:20 2021 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:05 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-09-29-14.00.html
15:05 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]1-09-29-14.00.txt
15:05 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]29-14.00.log.html
15:05 Joubu which does not mean we cannot continue chatting ;)
15:05 marcelr see you later #koha
15:05 marcelr htg
15:06 ashimema yikes
15:07 henryb bye!
15:33 marion joined #koha
15:41 thd We set the development meeting for the same date and time as the general meeting.  We skipped a week for a Koha US conference and loss of internet connectivity in my neighbourhood.
15:54 reiveune bye
15:54 reiveune left #koha
16:06 bag joined #koha
16:44 lds joined #koha
17:02 cait left #koha
17:26 AndrewFH joined #koha
17:36 cait joined #koha
20:22 huginn` joined #koha
20:24 gmcharlt_ joined #koha
20:26 rangi_ joined #koha
20:29 bag joined #koha
20:29 Dyrcona joined #koha
20:29 tcohen joined #koha
20:29 caroline_catlady joined #koha
20:29 oleonard-away joined #koha
20:29 dpk_ joined #koha
20:29 phasefx joined #koha
20:29 abneiman joined #koha
20:29 akilsdonk joined #koha
20:29 bshum joined #koha
20:29 paxed joined #koha
20:32 pastebot joined #koha
21:04 sophie_m joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary