IRC log for #koha, 2021-06-16

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
01:44 Wainui joined #koha
01:45 RudyW joined #koha
01:48 RudyW Hi, I'm runing Koha 18 on Ubuntu 18.04 - Yesterday al of a sudden the Koha site did not come up and I realized it had to do with koha-plack. Site is ok it plack is disabled, but very slow. What could have happen? Has anyone had the same problem?
01:57 RudyW from the plack-error.log :  Error while loading /etc/koha/plack.psgi: Can't load application from file /usr/share/koha/api/v1/ [JSON::Validator] Get
02:04 RubKo joined #koha
03:36 carlos_ joined #koha
04:42 RudyW Any plack experts here?
05:11 chriss joined #koha
05:54 mtj hi RudyW
05:56 mtj RudyW: you probably have hit this problem... http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]06-td6092587.html
06:09 mtj https://bugs.koha-community.or[…].cgi?id=23653#c11
06:09 huginn Bug 23653: major, P5 - low, ---, dcook, RESOLVED FIXED, Plack fails when is unavailable and schema cache missing
06:23 paul_p joined #koha
06:34 reiveune joined #koha
06:35 reiveune hello
06:48 alex_a joined #koha
06:48 alex_a Bonjour
06:53 cait joined #koha
06:53 lds joined #koha
06:54 cait1 joined #koha
06:55 fridolin joined #koha
06:56 fridolin hi there
06:57 lds joined #koha
06:59 cait1 some zebra experts around?
07:00 cait1 fridolin: maybe?
07:00 fridolin i am
07:03 fridolin cait1: yep ?
07:03 cait1 oh thx
07:04 chriss2 joined #koha
07:04 cait1 we have an issue with one library where the /tmp directory is full
07:04 fridolin ohhhh whe had this
07:04 cait1 biblios/tmp
07:04 fridolin rebuilding uses /tmp indeed to export records
07:04 cait1 we didn't rebuild or touch that installation... so it's a bit strange
07:05 cait1 and they are not super busy usually
07:05 fridolin cait1: ah this can come from config "truncmax"
07:06 fridolin when set "truncmax: 10000" because higher value can generate lots of files in biblios/tmp
07:06 fridolin same for "sortmax: 1000"
07:06 fridolin higher value is dangerous
07:06 cait1 i don't think we have higher values there... but better to check
07:07 cait1 saying: pretty sure we didn't change the default
07:07 cait1 waht dues truncmax do?
07:07 cait1 and which file is that?
07:07 fridolin cait1: default is "truncmax: 1000000000"
07:07 fridolin etc/zebradb/zebra-biblios-dom.cfg
07:07 cait1 oh
07:08 cait1 for the immediate issue... can those files in .tmp be deleted? or how best to deal with it?
07:08 fridolin cait1: this config limits the number of truncations to check for search matches
07:08 lmstrandatdesk joined #koha
07:08 fridolin cait1: you can delete them indeed, var/lib/zebradb/biblios/tmp/ should only contain README
07:09 fridolin big files there may be a bug of zebra himseft
07:09 fridolin cait1: which zebra package do you use ?
07:09 fridolin debian ? or from indexdata ?
07:10 cait1 for this library we switched to newest zebra - indexdata i think
07:10 cait1 because we were trying to solve this issue
07:10 cait1 i can see inside the installation, right? checking
07:11 cait1 Zebra 2.2.2
07:11 cait1 ?
07:11 cait1 thy are using ICU
07:12 fridolin ok whe have the same config and version
07:12 fridolin maybe they have syspref QueryStemming making a lot of truncations
07:13 fridolin its a limit of Zebra, Elastic is in the air ;)
07:13 cait1 hm maybe
07:13 cait1 they have original script
07:13 cait1 could that confuse it?
07:14 ashimema morning
07:14 cait1 fridolin: stemming is off
07:14 cait1 weighting is off
07:14 cait1 fuzzy is on
07:18 cait1 fridolin++ btw, thx :)
07:19 fridolin your welcome
07:19 cait1 is there a consequence of deleting the files?
07:19 cait1 like should we do a full reindex some time or so?
07:25 fridolin the files are generated by search queries
07:25 fridolin not indexing
07:26 fridolin but you may full reindex sometimes for missed records
07:26 cait1 ok, i can check if the index is missing something first
07:27 fridolin indeed
07:27 fridolin sometimes deletes are missing so there are more in index than in database ^^
07:28 cait1 i'll check the numbers as a first step and see if they are different
07:30 mtj hi cait1, there is a patch about to get the zebra-rebuild to use another dir
07:30 mtj https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=12120
07:30 huginn Bug 12120: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mtj, Failed QA , Add --tempdir arg to
07:36 cait1 thx mtj :)
07:42 cait1 mtj++ fridolin++
07:45 mtj its an old patch, but has been running in production for years
07:48 cait1 hm any idea what mark's problem was and if we coudl get this back int he queues?
07:53 fridolin note that this tempdir is for indexing not for quering
07:53 fridolin for indexing ( whe use steps of 5000 records
07:54 fridolin to avoid /tmp full of Gigas
07:54 fridolin for this also Elasticsearch has no problem ^^
07:55 cait1 fridolin: hm didn't you say it was caused by searching?
07:57 cait1 sorry, getting a little confused :)
07:59 fridolin there are 2 tempdirs, /tmp is for indexing, searching will use var/lib/zebradb/biblios/tmp/
07:59 fridolin both are important
07:59 fridolin but usually searching tempdir is nearly empty
07:59 fridolin cait1: ^
08:16 Joubu fridolin: can you ask Arthur to have a look at bug 20985 please?
08:16 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=20985 normal, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to master , CanBookBeReserved and CanItemBeReserved should check 'On shelf holds allowed' policy
08:34 fridolin Joubu: yep ok
08:41 alexbuckley joined #koha
09:01 lds joined #koha
09:07 Joubu mtj:[…]/commits/21.05-ka I don't see 28519 there :-/
09:07 Joubu erk
09:07 Joubu it's there
09:08 Joubu lol
09:08 Joubu /clear
09:09 Joubu mtj: I don't see 28489 however
09:24 fridolin Bug 28569 for koha with loooooooots of libraries
09:24 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28569 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , In preselect user library
09:28 Joubu mtj: in the configuration for the job to test 28519+28489 (Koha_21.05_D10-ka) I see that you are wget[…]ocker-compose.yml
09:28 Joubu mtj: there you are using         image: kohaaloha/koha-testing:${KOHA_IMAGE}, with KOHA_IMAGE=21.05-buster
09:28 Joubu I tried and updatedb && locate yamlxs, there is no result
09:30 mtj hi Joubu, about for a bit...
09:31 fridolin left #koha
09:32 mtj hi cait re .. "hm any idea what mark's problem was and if we coudl get this back int he queues?"
09:33 Joubu mtj: can you confirm the "21.05-buster" there[…]pdated&name=21.05 is using origin/21.05.x+28489 ?
09:34 Joubu it's not what I am seeing when I  run it
09:34 mtj Joubu: oops, it does not have 28489 applied, just 28519
09:35 mtj ..i did not see the dependency
09:35 Joubu mtj: even with 28519 only I should see the file
09:35 Joubu in /usr/share...
09:37 Joubu well, or it means the patch does not work :)
09:38 mtj 1 tic..
09:48 cait1 fridolin++
09:49 mtj Joubu: hmm, i might have pushed the wrong pkg to my dev apt repo
09:52 Joubu mtj: yes, I was expecting to see a "21.05-ka" tag in your docker tag list. Is that correct?
09:52 Joubu or is that expected to use 21.05-buster?
09:52 Joubu nvm, I let you deal with that :)
09:53 Joubu tell me when it's ready to be tested
09:53 mtj ill rebuild again with 28489 added
10:10 lmstrandatdesk_ joined #koha
10:14 cait joined #koha
10:44 mtj hi Joubu, 21.05-buster image is up[…]koha-testing/tags
10:45 mtj it looks ok
10:46 mtj mason@xen1:~$  docker run  -ti kohaaloha/koha-testing:21.05-buster bash
10:46 mtj root@2d3e32cfe160:/usr/share/koha# tree -f | grep -i yaml
10:46 mtj └── ./lib/CGI/Session/Serialize/
10:50 mtj pkg built from[…]mmits/21.05.00-ka
11:12 josef_moravec joined #koha
11:31 khall joined #koha
12:04 khall joined #koha
12:17 tuxayo hi #koha o/
12:25 khall joined #koha
12:28 Joubu is ktd broken for someone else?
12:28 cait1 kohadevbox forever :P
12:29 Joubu hum, I had local changes, I am the one who is broken apparently
12:30 cait1 oh no
12:31 cait1 we need to kintsugi Joubu
12:34 Joubu kintsugi my laptop first ;)
12:35 fridolin joined #koha
12:36 cait1 Joubu: you have to admit, it would look quite cool...
12:36 cait1 but since I think gold works with electricity... i am not sure if it's the best move
12:37 Joubu worth a try, cannot be worst :D
12:45 huginn News from kohagit: Revert "Bug 20985: Unit tests" <[…]ca6f2d1b7f11c00cf>
12:45 huginn News from kohagit: Revert "Bug 20985: Add OnShelfHoldsAllowed checks to CanItemBeReserved" <[…]65e5d786f745ec78a>
12:56 marie-luce joined #koha
12:59 khall joined #koha
13:01 collum joined #koha
13:19 thd joined #koha
13:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #610: STILL UNSTABLE in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/610/
13:25 Joubu bug 28570 - hummm?
13:25 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28570 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, ASSIGNED , using a /tmp file to log debug
13:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #126: STILL UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/126/
13:33 Joubu dev meeting in ~30
13:34 tcohen damn
13:35 cait1 clock is ticking.. :)
13:35 tcohen next meetings?
13:35 ashimema our bots seem less and less reliable
13:36 * ashimema wonders about an irc bot host on partainer now.. hehe
13:36 ashimema https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings
13:36 Joubu next_meetings?
13:36 Joubu next meeting?
13:36 Joubu next meeting is https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ext_IRC_meetings?
13:36 Joubu ok, it's not here
13:37 Joubu ashimema: I wrote a bot last year, when we lost huginn for several days
13:37 Joubu will try to find the code
13:38 tcohen Joubu I will add the 'portainer' stuff to the agenda
13:38 tcohen the bot could be a fit there
13:41 ashimema :)
13:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U_Stable build #189: STILL UNSTABLE in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_U_Stable/189/
13:48 khall joined #koha
13:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #591: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 9 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/591/
13:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_CPAN build #354: STILL UNSTABLE in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_CPAN/354/
13:57 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #318: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 11 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/318/
13:59 tuxayo qa_team? rmaints?
13:59 tcohen hi
13:59 Joubu Martin is not around, I will chair
14:00 tuxayo qa_team is cait, dcook, amoyano, ashimema, marcelr, kohaputti, jajm, tcohen, josef_moravec, kidclamp, khall, tuxayo, petrova
14:00 tuxayo rmaints is probably fridolin, khall, kidclamp and tuxayo
14:00 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 16 June 2021
14:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Jun 16 14:00:32 2021 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
14:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 June 2021)
14:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_16_june_2021'
14:00 Joubu #link Development_IRC_meeting_16_June_2021
14:00 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_16_June_2021
14:00 tuxayo rmaint in also wainui
14:00 Joubu #topic Introductions
14:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 June 2021)
14:01 tuxayo *es
14:01 tuxayo *is
14:01 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:01 henryb joined #koha
14:01 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
14:01 Joubu The bot (wahanui) is not here, tuxayo
14:01 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:01 tuxayo Joubu: that's why I'm doing the job manually ^^"
14:01 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
14:01 tuxayo low-tech++
14:01 tuxayo #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
14:01 * ashimema is on the school run, but will try to join by phone
14:02 henryb #info Henry Bolshaw, House of Lords, UK
14:02 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:03 Joubu cait1, are you around?
14:03 Joubu #topic Announcements
14:03 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 June 2021)
14:03 Joubu (keep the info for roadmap's topics for later)
14:03 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
14:04 * fridolin waves
14:04 Joubu About the meeting facilitator role, I will join ashimema. We are going to prepare the meetings, like 2 days in advance
14:04 lukeG joined #koha
14:04 Joubu we will ping people with #actions and those who added topics to the agenda
14:04 Joubu the idea is to collect info ahead of the meeting
14:05 Joubu so please answer us if you get an email :)
14:05 Joubu something else?
14:05 ashimema +1
14:05 cait1 oh sorry
14:05 cait1 yes
14:05 cait1 #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:05 fridolin superbe
14:05 ashimema Thanks for the support Joubu.. apologies the meetings so far have caught me by surprise a bit
14:05 Joubu #topic Update from the Release manager (21.11)
14:05 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (21.11) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 June 2021)
14:06 Joubu Basically everything is (too) quiet, although we have tons of things planned :)
14:06 Joubu 1. Jenkins is red for a couple of days because of the "ugly patch" for the YAML::XS serializer for CGI::Session.
14:06 Joubu We moved it to a lib directory and bug 28519 that is waiting for QA.
14:06 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28519 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Signed Off , Add a 2nd directory for Perl modules
14:06 Joubu I will push it tomorrow if nobody PQA it (!)
14:06 Joubu We need it for the 21.05.0
14:06 khall joined #koha
14:07 cait1 I expect no strings with that, but plz keep string freeze in mind
14:07 tuxayo hi khall :)
14:07 cait1 for other patches
14:07 Joubu 2. I sent some emails for the roadmap topics (more info in the dedicate agenda topic) and I am starting to prioritize them (will depend on the reply I get)
14:07 Joubu 3. Also sent an email to koha-devel about the early-push candidates for 21.06
14:07 ashimema Sorry, my QA time has been zero so far this cycle.. vacation, audit at work and other things getting in the way.. I hope to return asap
14:07 Joubu Bug 17600, bug 27526, bug 17427 and bug 25078
14:08 cait1 similar, working through things, hope to have more time soon
14:08 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=17600 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Standardize the EXPORT
14:08 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27526 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Remove Mod/AddItemFromMarc from
14:08 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=17427 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Replace CGI::Session with Data::Session
14:08 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=25078 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Update DB process - wrap each DBRev inside a transaction and better error handling
14:08 Joubu I really would like some pair of eyes on them this week or next week, they are important moves and must be pushed ASAP.
14:08 cait1 ... but also little help with those apart from reminding devs
14:08 Joubu ASAP: in the next couple of weeks
14:08 Joubu any questions?
14:08 cait1 I'll make sure to include those in the next QA mail
14:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1679: STILL UNSTABLE in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1679/
14:09 tuxayo :o
14:10 Joubu 17427 won't be pushed in the next couple of week however, IMO we should wait a couple of months to not diverge too much too quickly with 21.05.x (CGI::Session vs Data::Session)
14:10 Joubu questions, actions, nothing?
14:11 tcohen I'm not sure
14:11 Joubu #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:11 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 June 2021)
14:11 Joubu not sure about?
14:11 tcohen what actions can we do, or how we split in teams to tackle things
14:11 fridolin I'm waiting on 21.05.x pushes
14:11 tuxayo 20.05: handover done on old branch, handover received on new branch, first backports done.
14:12 ashimema tuxayo++
14:12 khall joined #koha
14:12 tuxayo Do we have security repo access?
14:12 ashimema Are Wainui and Aliesha happy with things now
14:12 khall joined #koha
14:13 Joubu ashimema: yes
14:13 ashimema You should be able to tell that from the git UI tuxayo
14:13 ashimema Brill, thanks Joubu
14:13 tuxayo ashimema: thank, I'll check that out
14:13 khall joined #koha
14:13 kidclamp when Kyle is back we will coordinate on pushing for 21.05, he has been on vacation
14:13 Joubu tuxayo: did you use the security repo last cycle?
14:13 fridolin oki no pb
14:13 kidclamp tomorrow
14:13 tuxayo Joubu: thankfully, nope :D
14:14 fridolin (fingercrossed)
14:14 khall joined #koha
14:14 Joubu nobody has push access apparently
14:14 ashimema You will this cycle.. I'm working on a few
14:14 Joubu drop me an email please, I will have a look tomorrow
14:14 tuxayo ashimema: noooo
14:14 khall joined #koha
14:15 tuxayo ok thanks
14:15 Joubu kidclamp: there are few 21.05 candidates (see the bz kw), don't forget them
14:15 ashimema Interesting
14:15 Joubu #topic Updates from the QA team
14:15 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 June 2021)
14:16 Joubu I am running behind, and I would like to rely stronly on the QA team for the next couple of week (/one month?)
14:16 khall joined #koha
14:16 Joubu please QA in conservative mode
14:16 tuxayo No time for QA yet, still following up on ticket where I got answers, rebases, ect
14:17 tcohen ok
14:17 cait1 we'll try our best
14:17 Joubu nothing from QAers?
14:17 Joubu I mean, others?
14:18 cait1 I've been sending the welcome eamil and 2 more - we are already in week 3
14:18 ashimema So far this cycle is shaping up to be a busy one work wise for me.. just a warning there that I will try to QA but likely won't hit the flow I have been the last couple of cycles
14:18 cait1 shoutout to kidclamp who took quite a few bugs out of our list last week :)
14:18 cait1 I'll also remind more about "long sitting" bugs as i'd like to reduce the max time a bug sits in QA queue
14:18 Joubu yes, great QA run kidclamp, thanks! :)
14:19 cait1 priorites apply as usually of course - bugs before enh etc.
14:19 kidclamp will try to keep up:-)
14:19 cait1 a lot of bugs are a bit "out of reach" for me these days
14:19 cait1 in terms of complexity
14:19 ashimema kidclamp++
14:19 tuxayo The recall one is tough, bug 19532
14:19 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=19532 new feature, P1 - high, ---, aleisha, Signed Off , Recalls for Koha
14:20 cait1 but will try to remind and pick on the others whenever i can
14:20 cait1 if someone wants to team of up something - always happy to (like split GUI testing and technical)
14:20 ashimema I can't commit to the submitted recalls.. it would cause big issues here as it's not at all what we think of as recalls
14:20 cait1 i think the question is if it's just a name problem
14:21 cait1 if the featue is still useful, we shoudl consider it maybe
14:21 cait1 and talk about how to communicate the difference from a classical recall feature
14:21 tcohen bug 25260 could be a good team work for QA team members
14:21 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=25260 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , Merge 'reserves' and 'old_reserves' into a new 'holds' table
14:22 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:22 ashimema I'd like to see that one in tcohen.. I thought it was waiting for a rebasr or other work or something
14:22 henryb I hadn't noticed that it was recalls by patrons rather than the library
14:22 Joubu we need to sync and coordinate, or we won't finish anything (like the last cycle)
14:23 Joubu I am moving on
14:23 ashimema The logic is also somewhat weird/different henryb . Would love a librarians opinion for naming it
14:23 Joubu need to keep the meeting in its track
14:23 cait1 henryb: i think comments from a library might help get it moving
14:23 tcohen we could call them 'patron recalls' :-P
14:23 cait1 Joubu++
14:23 tuxayo to support companies: get customer feedback on it :)
14:23 cait1 patron driven recalls?
14:24 Joubu if we need a discussion, we should start it ASAP on the mailing list
14:24 Joubu action?
14:24 ashimema Moving on
14:24 Joubu #topic Status of roadmap projects
14:24 Topic for #koha is now Status of roadmap projects (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 June 2021)
14:24 Joubu I selected a few
14:25 Joubu I sent an email to the workgroups for:
14:25 Joubu * Get rid of non-XSLT views
14:25 Joubu => We are going to remove the non-XSLT views even if not all features have been moved, unless someone is opposed to that
14:25 Joubu * Fix item visibility at the OPAC
14:25 ashimema Nice
14:25 Joubu => Waiting for answers
14:26 Joubu * Koha Cookbook Project
14:26 Joubu => No answer yet
14:26 Joubu * Accessibility Improvements
14:26 Joubu Henry is going to work on the bug listed
14:26 Joubu henryb: do you want to say something about it?
14:26 fridolin ++
14:26 ashimema Excellent henryb,
14:27 henryb The bugs are mostly small things like adding labels
14:27 cait1 I saw a lot of accessibility bugs move past - are those on the list?
14:27 fridolin "a small step for men ...
14:27 Joubu a lot has been pushed into 21.05
14:27 henryb There's one to fix the colour contrast issues on the OPAC which again is probably lots of small tweaks
14:27 cait1 henryb++ small steps are good
14:27 fridolin they are not in 20.11.x to avoid to much backport job and translations
14:28 henryb Wainui is working on some others too like adding legends to tables
14:28 Joubu ( < we are talking about that, but you all know that)
14:28 cait1 we had a question about this at the german user group meeting actually - so  it seems there is definitely interest (contrast that is)
14:28 henryb I think they all have the 'accessibility' keyword but they're not all listed on the roadmap document
14:29 henryb That's it from me unless anyone has questions or ideas
14:30 Joubu https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]run&sharer_id=378
14:30 Joubu that's the list
14:30 Joubu thanks henryb, we will keep an eye on those bugs!
14:30 Joubu * Wiki migration
14:30 Joubu I sent en email and still waiting for more replies
14:30 Joubu We need to decide on the software (migrate to a newer version of mediawiki or switch to dokuwiki)
14:31 Joubu so either we restart the discussion on the general koha ML, or decide during a meeting?
14:31 cait1 Joubu: sitting on a draft repy for that
14:31 cait1 i think my main concern is moving from one wiki to another...
14:31 Joubu or we (the 4,5 members in the workgroup) decide?
14:31 thd I have been posting updates in the bug.
14:32 cait1 in terms of both requiring wiki snytax etc. so there won't be much innovation, it's more bug fixing
14:32 tuxayo > I sent en email
14:32 tuxayo Is it in the general list? There are thing in march
14:32 Joubu tuxayo: to the workgroup only
14:32 cait1 tuxayo: to everyone who signed up
14:32 cait1 for the topic
14:32 tuxayo ok
14:33 Joubu no opinion?
14:33 tuxayo mediawiki++
14:33 Joubu thd: what's your opinion about this question?
14:33 cait1 i think dokuwiki woudl work well, but requires some changes
14:33 fridolin 50% 50% for me
14:33 thd I have successfully tested excluding old content from simple search using the Vector skin.
14:34 ashimema I am open to either, but have basically no experience with doku
14:34 thd We have working code which I have posted for migrating the database and upgrading MediaWiki.
14:34 thd I am preparing another update.
14:34 thd ... to the code.
14:34 ashimema If we go the mediawiki route I do think we should add the editor
14:35 cait1 editor = more wysiqyg?
14:35 thd I favour MediaWiki over Dokuwiki for much better support for many issues.
14:35 ashimema Yup
14:35 ashimema Go play on Wikipedia.. it has the editor
14:35 cait1 i think they are really different "beasts" in some aspects
14:35 tuxayo ashimema: is that the thing that requires another service running? i've stumbled upon that when trying to setup my own mediawiki
14:35 ashimema Very much wysiwyg
14:35 ashimema Yup
14:35 cait1 got no acount, but will try to look it up then
14:35 khall joined #koha
14:35 thd MediaWiki has the new VisualEditor extension.
14:36 cait1 i think a part of our issue is that it's not easy to sue right now, i am in favor of trying an editor if there is one
14:36 cait1 so that's a point for mediawiki then
14:36 cait1 there are visual editors for dokuwiki, but i never found one that really worked well
14:36 ashimema I've not used either much recently but did have experience with mediawiki for a few years
14:36 fridolin bah we code so we are not afraid of wiki syntax
14:36 cait1 especially if you switch modes
14:36 tuxayo cait1: no need for an accoun to play with the sandbox to test things
14:36 cait1 thx tuxayo!
14:37 ashimema Yup
14:37 henryb As a complete beginner, mediawiki looks nicer and easier to use
14:37 thd There is a years old bug that search by tag is broken in MediaWiki.
14:37 cait1 ok, so if we are leaning mediawiki
14:37 thd ooops
14:37 cait1 1) Figure out the update
14:37 thd There is a years old bug that search by tag is broken in Dokuwiki.
14:37 cait1 2) figure out a concept to mark outdated content for review?
14:37 thd Search by tag has always worked in MediaWiki.
14:38 cait1 thd: i think tagging is actually a plugin fature in dokuwiki
14:38 tuxayo fridolin: «we code so we are not afraid of wiki syntax» a lot of stuff on the wiki is not only tech stuff
14:38 ashimema There are loads of templates available for mediawiki for maintainence making
14:38 fridolin indeed ;)
14:38 josef_moravec joined #koha
14:38 * cait1 waves at josef_moravec
14:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1673: STILL UNSTABLE in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1673/
14:38 cait1 so maybe we should call a wiki meeting to make more precise plans?
14:38 Joubu ok, perfect then. We will list/prepare the next steps and will report at the next meeting
14:38 ashimema Do it
14:39 Joubu cait1: between us it good enough
14:39 ashimema :)
14:39 thd cait1: Yes, but the tag which at one time allowed searching by tag has been long broken in MediaWiki.
14:39 Joubu small groups
14:39 cait1 another plus for updating... user registration
14:39 cait1 i am not sure if dokuwiki has the review options (at least witout plugins) and user migration might have been a bit bad
14:39 cait1 yep, meant a meeting for the work group
14:39 Joubu I am moving on, we have a decision, more than I expected :)
14:39 Joubu * Bug 27829 - [OMNIBUS] Remove specific LANG installer data
14:39 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27829 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , [OMNIBUS] Remove specific LANG installer data
14:40 cait1 thx Joubu
14:40 Joubu => Bernardo is working on creating a UNIMARC version for "en" that will be translatable via pootle.
14:40 Joubu We are certainly going to remove the specific fr-FR biblio frameworks.
14:40 cait1 bgkriegel++
14:40 Joubu I will start the discussion with French (already started a bit) on the fr ML
14:40 Joubu I will create a patch for fr-CA and rebase nb-NO
14:40 tcohen bgkriegel++
14:40 Joubu the goal is to have them all remove for 21.11
14:40 cait1 Joubu++ too
14:40 Joubu removed*
14:40 cait1 please have an eye on items - fr-FR has a lot less standard mappings
14:41 Joubu that's all for the topics I listed
14:41 ashimema That will be so great
14:41 cait1 might be nice to bring that up to date with MARC21 a bit more
14:41 Joubu cait1: Bernardo is doing a crazy work and is reviewing everything
14:41 cait1 wow
14:41 cait1 shoudl not have wondered about that :)
14:41 cait1 bgkriegel++
14:41 cait1 move on?
14:42 Joubu and we trying to provide a UNIMARC framework as closed as possible from the..
14:42 Joubu (cannot find the word)
14:42 Joubu standard/norm?
14:42 cait1 makes sense yes
14:42 cait1 UNIMARC standard
14:42 ashimema Excellent
14:42 tuxayo fridolin: any french libraries interested? Is actually the default framework much used?
14:43 Joubu something else you would like to add about the roadmap topics?
14:43 cait1 just a Joubu++
14:43 Joubu I will continue to send few more emails in the upcoming days
14:43 thd I disfavour a new wiki.
14:43 Joubu and... I will drop the topic if I don't get answers
14:43 cait1 thd: i think we have moved on from that
14:43 thd Ok.
14:43 cait1 but we still need to makr and review tons
14:44 Joubu thd: we can continue by email of a bit after the meeting
14:44 fridolin sorry i dont know
14:44 Joubu or*
14:44 cait1 Joubu: that's fair
14:44 Joubu #topic Actions from last meeting
14:44 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 June 2021)
14:44 Joubu postponing
14:44 Joubu (one more time)
14:44 Joubu #action ashimema Write a coding guideline to clarify our message types: 'alert' vs 'error' (context of bug 27695) - last postpone
14:44 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27695 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Fix style of messages on Elasticsearch configuration page
14:44 Joubu #action kidclamp Ask the ML for additional info about how to implement opt-out for notices. One idea would be to have "My message" at the OPAC (last postpone)
14:45 henryb We should add a standing agenda item: "Postpone actions" :P
14:45 tuxayo bgkriegel++ Joubu++ great work on cleanup getting thing closer
14:45 Joubu #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:45 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 June 2021)
14:45 henryb (sorry, that's unfair of me to say as I don't have any)
14:45 Joubu Sooo
14:45 Joubu #topic How to handle command line options vs system preferences in cron jobs?
14:45 Topic for #koha is now How to handle command line options vs system preferences in cron jobs? (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 June 2021)
14:45 Joubu this one, I haven't prepared, but we need to trigger actions
14:45 cait1 that one was from me, i think i added bugs to agenda, sec
14:45 Joubu cait1: would you like to resume that please?
14:46 fridolin good question
14:46 ashimema Good topic
14:46 Joubu See Bug 28457 and Bug 25499 for recent discussion. And Bug 24968.
14:46 tcohen I propose using the 'configurations' table, to build a UI for managing cronjob default parameters
14:46 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28457 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Needs Signoff , self-registration options are not configurable
14:46 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=25499 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, CLOSED FIXED, Fund code column is empty when closing a budget
14:46 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=24968 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Add Syspref controls for cronjobs
14:46 Joubu tcohen: short term solution, not never implemented solution
14:46 cait1 yes please, we have really needed feature stuck right now
14:46 tcohen -.-
14:46 cait1 and we can migratie
14:46 cait1 really open to that
14:47 cait1 ok, so the idea is to move more control from Command line into the preferences/configuration GUI side
14:47 cait1 this is especially helpful when you run multiple instances
14:47 cait1 gives power to the libraries etc
14:47 cait1 and you don't have to write complicated crontabs...
14:47 tcohen I volunteer to write some configuration page for cronjob parameters
14:47 ashimema Excellent
14:47 cait1 i think we can do that and still have a discussion
14:48 ashimema I can test/qa
14:48 cait1 the issue right now is 2 sided I think
14:48 cait1 a) a new parameter for a
14:48 tcohen - default params
14:48 tcohen - what to run
14:48 cait1 so something that hasn't existed before
14:48 cait1 at the moment we have instances where you enable the feature on CLI, but it's controlled by pref
14:48 cait1 do we want the CLI switch? do we need it?
14:49 tcohen CLI switches should be overrides
14:49 cait1 I thought we did.... because I am scared sometimes of things I can't control :) but i'd be open to not require
14:49 tuxayo > more control from Command line into the preferences/configuration GUI side
14:49 fridolin ++ for overide
14:49 * tuxayo will need to take a look if they can put evil stuff in that. Muhaha
14:49 fridolin for test instances with prod DB
14:49 ashimema Be nice if we could spot such overrides and now it in the GUI
14:49 cait1 so say... deleting old label batches
14:50 cait1 as an option toe cleanup_database
14:50 ashimema Like we do for the vhost syspref ones
14:50 cait1 at the moment we'd add the "flag" to the conjob call
14:50 ashimema Indeed
14:50 cait1 and then have a pref tell how long they shoudl be kept
14:50 ashimema So very hard to see
14:50 tcohen what is the stuck one?
14:50 cait1 so it#s not really an override, it's more like an on off...
14:51 Joubu bug 25429 (not 25499)
14:51 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=25429 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Cleanup Database - remove resolved claims returned from db after X days
14:51 cait1 there are 2 bug i am fraid i got the wrong bug number once mor eon the wiki :(
14:51 cait1 ep that's the one
14:51 cait1 thx Joubu
14:51 cait1 and the other was self regs
14:51 cait1 bug 28457
14:51 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28457 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Needs Signoff , self-registration options are not configurable
14:52 tcohen I think those bugs should move forward and add option switches
14:52 cait1 so the question si: CLI additionally to pref for new ones?
14:52 cait1 or just pref and that will be enough to turn the "feature"on
14:52 tcohen because it will then fit with a central config
14:52 cait1 if the pref is empty, the fature is expected to be off
14:52 ashimema I think we need a standard options iterator in the scripts base class that would update a flag of were passed an override so we can thing that the option is being overridden at the flag level
14:53 cait1 if we solved that... 2) is trickier: moving CLI optiosn into GUI - because then you already have crons scheduled that might need to be redone/rewritten
14:53 cait1 so.. how to make it smooth for existing installations
14:53 tcohen just make the current behavior the default
14:54 cait1 you can't
14:54 tuxayo cait1: warning in about page? Maybe something more visible
14:54 cait1 unless you can see what they scheduled for the instance
14:54 cait1 if they set dealy=10 for some option, you need the value
14:54 khall joined #koha
14:54 cait1 delay
14:54 cait1 that applies to this one instance... to rpefill the pref
14:54 cait1 not sure if that is possible
14:54 cait1 i saypref, but it could be a confguaration page of course
14:54 tcohen no
14:55 tcohen you will put some good default value for delay in the UI
14:55 tcohen and the configured cronjob will pass --dekay 10
14:55 tcohen and that option switch will have more precedence
14:55 ashimema Exactly
14:55 Joubu https://bugs.koha-community.or[…].cgi?id=25429#c35
14:55 huginn Bug 25429: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Cleanup Database - remove resolved claims returned from db after X days
14:55 tcohen I would totally avoid sysprefs for this
14:55 ashimema Let flags passed take precedence.
14:56 Joubu > It means that you need to have a sysadmin change a cronjob for ALL instances
14:56 Joubu > if there's just 1 instance that wants to be able to use the system
14:56 Joubu > preference "CleanUpDatabaseReturnClaims".
14:56 Joubu (from David)
14:56 ashimema Record that precidence with each run of the script to mark it as being used in the gui
14:56 ashimema That's my feeling
14:56 ashimema Then the librarian can see it's getting overriden... And can ask support to remove that if they want to change it
14:57 tuxayo > to mark it as being used in the gui
14:57 tuxayo nice
14:57 ashimema I like using your configuration table tcohen
14:58 khall joined #koha
14:58 Joubu I don't understand how the GUI will answer ALL the needs. IIUC we need to let the sysop turn off the feature even if the pref is ON
14:59 tcohen I like that idea as well, ashimema (noticing on the UI that is being overridden)
14:59 Joubu BUT David does not like the idea to have a separate cronjob, if one library wants a feature and others don't
14:59 Joubu (It's very warm here so just ignore me if what I am saying does not make sense)
15:00 tuxayo > we need to let the sysop turn off the feature even if the pref is ON
15:00 tuxayo if the cron args have precedence so can it be used to disable also?
15:00 cait1 i think a default for deletes is a bad idea
15:00 cait1 in other cases it works of ocurse
15:00 cait1 but for deletes i'd rather have off as a default
15:01 Joubu actions? what do we do?
15:02 Joubu there is still a topic on the agenda
15:02 tcohen I volunteered to write something we can work on top
15:02 cait1 maybe also comment on th bugs
15:02 Joubu you are suggesting a whole new feature
15:02 cait1 hope we can unlock them
15:02 Joubu when need to unstuck the other bugs
15:02 cait1 logic and implementation beign 2 different things her ei think
15:03 cait1 first we need the logic... that can be moved to somehting nice
15:03 cait1 and for the bugs awaiting using the pattern/logic would be ok already
15:03 tcohen ok,
15:03 tuxayo > default for deletes is a bad idea
15:03 tuxayo Would there be a way to visibly show somewhere a list of important crons with 'sane' exampl defaults. To have a hope that at least basic personal data cleanup would done?
15:04 tuxayo It's easy in the installer but what about existing installs?
15:05 Joubu I don't understand your questions
15:05 Joubu we need to move on anyway
15:05 Joubu please continue the discussion on the bug report
15:05 tuxayo-read-only joined #koha
15:06 Joubu bug 25429 is where we discussed it
15:06 tuxayo2 ok
15:06 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=25429 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Cleanup Database - remove resolved claims returned from db after X days
15:06 Joubu #topic Community infrastructure management. Docker swarm and Portainer (UI tool)
15:06 Topic for #koha is now Community infrastructure management. Docker swarm and Portainer (UI tool) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 June 2021)
15:06 Joubu tcohen?
15:07 tcohen Theke provided a new server for the community. It is running a 'Docker swarm' with some tools to help with some use cases
15:07 tcohen - We want to interact with it from external places (e.g. webhooks making a service to react/update)
15:08 tcohen - We want to have 'admins' access to services maintenance, even if running on nodes provided by other community members
15:08 tcohen I did it, as a start, to run
15:09 tcohen and is set so everytime the Docker image for the API docs is updated, the site refreshes
15:09 tcohen the tool I installed there, is Portainer
15:09 tcohen it provides a nice interface for docker swarm
15:09 tcohen and also (more important) an API and webhooks
15:09 tuxayo2 tcohen: so it's an easier way to host community tools for example API doc, schema spy and BZ splitter?
15:10 tcohen yes
15:10 tcohen it handles letsencrypt semi-automatically
15:10 tcohen so, it is really handy
15:10 tcohen my plan is to move jenkins there, once I figure the backup strategy
15:10 tcohen (the api site doesn't need such a thing)
15:10 tuxayo2 great, I don't know who are these Theke people but they have been doing great stuff :D
15:10 fridolin +++
15:11 tcohen rangi++ # DNS things
15:11 tcohen oh, important
15:11 tcohen we have set * wildcard domain pointing there
15:11 tuxayo like for hosting WIP and PoC stuff?
15:11 tcohen so, if we want to do things like testing some changes to (say) the dashboard or some other tool, we can
15:12 tcohen yes, exactly
15:12 tcohen anyone providing a VPS for the community
15:12 josef_moravec joined #koha
15:12 tuxayo ok
15:12 ashimema tcohen++
15:12 tcohen can run a command there, and make it part of the 'swarm'
15:12 ashimema theke++
15:13 tcohen so we can run things on any node, from this dashboard
15:13 ashimema tcohen == theke
15:13 tcohen it is all Docker
15:13 tcohen we are not all familiar with it
15:13 tuxayo I know :P
15:13 tuxayo tcohen ++
15:13 tcohen so feel free to ping me or amoyano
15:13 tcohen and we can help
15:14 ashimema if/when we manage to switch sandboxes to utilise this I'm sure I should be able to switch that ptfs-e server to donate the vps here instead which would give more control to community for the sandboxes
15:14 tcohen ashimema I'm working on tweaking the sandboxes to use swarm instead of the manual stuff we do today
15:14 ashimema awesome
15:15 tcohen I have a recipe, waiting for khall to be back
15:15 tcohen because I'm not familiar with the sandboxes
15:15 tcohen (yet)
15:15 tcohen that's all
15:15 tcohen thanks
15:15 Joubu nope :)
15:15 Joubu what's next?
15:16 tuxayo So this project would decouple more the server donation and it's service management?
15:16 Joubu we listed jenkins and jenkins's nodes
15:16 Joubu those are the easiest ones
15:16 Joubu but which ones do we target after?
15:16 tcohen I think the community site could be one
15:16 khall joined #koha
15:16 tcohen we could add HA to some services as well
15:16 Joubu we also talked about the ML server
15:16 tcohen yup
15:17 ashimema yes tuxaoy
15:17 ashimema that's exactly the idea
15:17 tuxayo nice
15:17 tcohen and we can have several managers
15:17 tcohen on different timezones
15:17 tcohen I picked this tech because it was the simplest
15:17 tcohen lower learning curve
15:17 * ashimema also wants to utilise it as his excuse to get a proper grip on containers ;)
15:18 Joubu all good?
15:18 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
15:18 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 June 2021)
15:18 Joubu #info Next meeting: 30 June 2021, 14 UTC
15:19 Joubu #endmeeting
15:19 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
15:19 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jun 16 15:19:20 2021 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:19 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-06-16-14.00.html
15:19 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]1-06-16-14.00.txt
15:19 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]16-14.00.log.html
15:19 tuxayo Joubu++
15:19 reiveune bye
15:19 reiveune left #koha
15:19 fridolin Could any one have a look at Bug 22801
15:19 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=22801 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , Advance search yr uses copydate instead of date-of-publication
15:19 fridolin kidclamp:  ?
15:20 fridolin its ugly Elacticsearch pb
15:21 reiveune joined #koha
15:21 reiveune left #koha
15:21 kidclamp will look when I can
15:23 fridolin thanks a lot
15:24 fridolin btw no need to be an Elastic expert
15:24 fridolin see u
15:24 fridolin left #koha
15:24 tuxayo For next meetings, would it be useful to ping specific people from far away timezones to ask them which topics they need to be discussed? And collect a maximum of info from them?
15:24 tuxayo It would be an intermediate between mailing lists discussions and chat discussion (when people are there simultaneously)
15:24 tuxayo I could do that.
15:26 alex_a joined #koha
15:31 thd fridolin: An issue that may be outside the scope of bug 22801.  Date indexing should really have various fall backs to ensure that some suitable date is captured because original material and thus also cataloguing may be ambiguous.
15:31 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=22801 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , Advance search yr uses copydate instead of date-of-publication
15:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1674: STILL UNSTABLE in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1674/
15:33 tuxayo thd: fridolin isn't there anymore. thankfully there is "@later tell"
15:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1680: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1680/
15:45 josef_moravec joined #koha
15:52 tuxayo Joubu: BTW my koha-testing-docker works. with up to date ktd repo and image. (Debian 11 and MariaDB 10.5)
16:01 thd @later tell fridolin An issue that may be outside the scope of bug 22801 for which copydate may not be the best variable is the following broader problem.  Date indexing should really have various fall backs to ensure that some suitable date is captured for date indexing, because original material and thus also cataloguing may be ambiguous or not have some particular types of dates such as date of publication.  Some types of older material and
16:01 thd some types of newer material have worse problems for dates or knowing what type of date is recorded.
16:01 huginn thd: The operation succeeded.
16:03 thd @later tell fridolin [too long to fit in previous later]  Some types of older material and some types of newer material have worse problems for dates or knowing what type of date is recorded.
16:03 huginn thd: The operation succeeded.
16:04 cait1 left #koha
16:48 cait joined #koha
16:58 cait joined #koha
17:22 cait joined #koha
17:33 lisettelatah joined #koha
17:33 cait joined #koha
17:38 cait joined #koha
18:44 josef_moravec joined #koha
18:46 * josef_moravec waves at cait
18:53 magnuse joined #koha
19:09 enkidu joined #koha
19:15 nikkom joined #koha
19:31 lukeG1 joined #koha
19:47 magnuse joined #koha
20:28 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:47 enkidu left #koha
21:18 AndrewFH joined #koha
22:11 cait joined #koha
22:12 AndrewFH joined #koha
22:15 cait joined #koha
22:16 AndrewFH joined #koha
22:21 cait joined #koha
22:44 tuxayo @later tell khall hi :) I sent you and Nick an email about RMaint but Gmail doesn't like me at the moment so it's likely in spam. If so, can you mark it as "non-spam" ? ^^"
22:44 huginn tuxayo: The operation succeeded.
22:44 tuxayo @later tell kidclamp hi :) I sent you and Kyle an email about RMaint but Gmail doesn't like me at the moment so it's likely in spam. If so, can you mark it as "non-spam" ? ^^"
22:44 huginn tuxayo: The operation succeeded.
22:51 tuxayo ashimema: same as above for another topic T_T I'm likely in the spam folder...
22:52 tuxayo (my domain/IP reputation for Gmail is getting better, so I have hope it will quickly work again)
23:27 AndrewFH joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary