IRC log for #koha, 2021-05-05

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:06 dpk_ joined #koha
05:13 chriss joined #koha
05:37 dcook tuxayo: I don't suppose you're still awake?
05:39 tuxayo dcook: unfortunately yes ^^"
05:39 dcook hehe
05:39 dcook I don't know how you do it O_O
05:40 dcook I was wondering if you could have a look at bug 15565 and bug 21249
05:40 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=15565 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleisha, Signed Off , Place multiple holds at once for the same record in OPAC
05:40 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=21249 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleisha, Needs Signoff , Syspref to choose whether to search homebranch, holding branch or both for library groups in advanced search
05:40 dcook Aleisha and I are trying to get those and bug 15516 through
05:40 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=15516 new feature, P5 - low, ---, aleisha, ASSIGNED , Allow to place a hold on first available item from a group of titles
05:41 tuxayo Wasting time on other things...
05:41 tuxayo Yay, Koha stuff, thats a good use of time 😃
05:43 dcook Nothing wrong with wasting time and don't feel obligated if you're busy!
05:44 dcook With 21249, I'm happy to do QA if someone wants to do a sign off in place of mine
05:47 tuxayo Noted, will try the 3 "tomorrow"
05:53 dcook That would be awesome :)
05:53 dcook Are you on France time?
06:04 tuxayo Officially yes. But right now as I'll soon go to bed, that means I'm on Easter Island or US Mountain time ^^
06:11 dcook hehe
06:11 dcook Fair enough. I hope you have a good sleep, tuxayo.
06:11 smon joined #koha
06:13 lds joined #koha
06:21 shohl joined #koha
06:21 fridolin joined #koha
06:23 shohl joined #koha
06:24 * magnuse waves
06:25 cait joined #koha
06:26 cait1 joined #koha
06:37 reiveune joined #koha
06:38 reiveune hello
06:39 sophie_m joined #koha
06:40 paul_p joined #koha
06:41 did joined #koha
06:49 alex_a joined #koha
06:50 alex_a Bonjour
07:19 fridolin joined #koha
07:51 a joined #koha
07:51 ambro hi
07:53 alex_a joined #koha
08:07 sophie_m joined #koha
08:10 ambro joined #koha
08:11 Ambro1 joined #koha
08:26 a joined #koha
09:00 reiveune left #koha
09:02 reiveune joined #koha
09:38 Joubu Opinions on bug 28220?
09:38 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28220 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, In Discussion , Exception not caught when importing patrons with invalid attribute type
09:39 Joubu from the last comment:
09:39 Joubu When a new patron is imported with an invalid patron attribute we explode. When the patron's attributes are overwritten during an import, we silently ignore them.
09:39 Joubu Should we, 1. explode (skip the whole patron) in both case or 2. do the job but ignore the invalid attributes?
09:54 * ashimema contemplates
09:54 ashimema with bulk import.. are we setting an 'acting library'..
09:56 ashimema i.e. is it 'invalid because it's not one that available at "this" library.. or is it completely invalid.. in that it doesn't exist at any library?
09:57 ashimema if it's entirely invalid I would say we should catch and skip the patron.. then list errors in the final response
09:58 ashimema it it's invalid at this branch it's a harder call... there are use cases for bulk manipulating patrons that should be library agnostic..
10:21 ambro joined #koha
10:23 ashimema cait around?
10:23 wahanui i heard cait around was cait cait1 cait2 cait3 cait4 cait5
10:23 ashimema rofl
10:23 ashimema who added that.. it's great!
10:27 cait joined #koha
10:38 ambro joined #koha
10:42 Joubu ashimema: it seems that the historical behavior has been to skip them, that's why I am a bit reluctant to change it
10:42 Joubu skip => silently ignore the attribute but process the other data
10:48 khall joined #koha
10:54 ambro joined #koha
10:59 tcohen morning
11:00 tcohen I think we could change that behavior Joubu
11:01 tcohen specially for mandatory attributes
11:02 khall joined #koha
11:06 ambro joined #koha
11:15 ambro joined #koha
11:19 Joubu tcohen: can you comment on the bug please?
11:47 ashimema silently skipping is actually seen as a bug by our customers ;)
11:47 ashimema they want feedback for missing mandatory fields and things
11:47 lds joined #koha
11:48 ashimema though.. many of them are also wanting to switch to using the API's directly, instead of the bulk import tools
11:49 * ashimema thinks bug 28261 should get the rel_20_11_candidate tag btw... it's the last missing piece, as far as I can tell, in that tree
11:49 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28261 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , Add visual feedback on overridden pickup locations on patron's page
11:49 Joubu ashimema: 21.05 you meant?
11:50 Joubu there is also bug 28273
11:50 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28273 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, NEW , Multi-holds allow invalid pickup locations
11:50 ashimema oop, yes
11:50 ashimema brain is fuzzy today
11:50 tcohen I uploaded my work on 28273 to a branch
11:50 tcohen when my brain got stuck yesterday
11:51 ashimema need a hand?
11:51 * ashimema feels guilty for all the distractions he threw your way yesterday.
11:51 tcohen I'm only missing the step of validating that some titles don't have a pickup location set, and the UI should tell the staff member to fill those, or uncheck
11:51 tcohen[…]28273_multi_holds
11:56 jsicot joined #koha
12:19 ambro joined #koha
12:22 khall_ joined #koha
12:23 magnuse ashimema: were you working on fines and how they are presented to the user, or am i confusing that with the cash register stuff?
12:23 ashimema I've had my fingers all over accounts
12:23 magnuse hehe
12:24 ashimema so yes if probably the short answer
12:24 ashimema what are you looking for?
12:24 magnuse someone in sweden was asking if anyone was doing anything about https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]/Account_view_RFC
12:27 ashimema ah, yes
12:27 ashimema well.. I'd love to work on it and have idea's of how it could be achieved..
12:27 ashimema but..
12:28 ashimema no-one here has funded it so it's kinda stuck..
12:28 ashimema I do tiny bits towards it in my free time occasionally.. but really haven't made much headway.
12:29 ashimema if they fancied sponsoring the work I might be able to get ptfs-e to take it on... though having lost Colin recently and with FOLIO taking time it's basically just me on Koha for a while.
12:30 magnuse oh noes, no more colin?
12:34 ashimema He's retired
12:34 ashimema couple of weeks back
12:35 ashimema hence why I've got my name against allot more SIP and EDI stuff now.. scary stuff those two
13:01 caroline joined #koha
13:07 khall joined #koha
13:08 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:21 magnuse ashimema: lucky you ;-)
13:22 ashimema :')
13:22 ashimema can you see any support for developing those accounts things coming out of Sweden?
13:22 ashimema it's an area close to my heart ;)
13:23 magnuse dunno, stockholm uni wanted to do something about it, but then andreas left and they had to "pause" it. but i think they were more interested in spending time than money on it...
13:24 magnuse i have mentioned your willingness to work on it :-)
13:24 ashimema thanks :)
13:24 magnuse it came up in the swedish slack channel today
13:24 ashimema oh, I hadn't realised Andreas had left, that's a shame
13:25 ashimema if they want to code on it, I'd be happy to help with testing/qa or guiding round the code a bit..
13:25 ashimema if it were me, I'd probably base at least some of it in the rowGrouping code I used in the cash management register pages
13:25 ashimema though I'd like to switch that to using the API's to drive it.
13:37 tuxayo1 joined #koha
13:37 tuxayo1 Hi #koha :)
13:37 ashimema hi tuxayo1 :)
13:45 oleonard Dev meeting in 15?
13:45 ashimema Yowsers, that's come around quick.
13:46 khall_ joined #koha
13:47 magnuse gotta love translation strings like %s %s %s %s %s %s %s %s "%s %sby %s%s" %s "%s" %s "%s" %s "%s" %s "%s" %s "%s" %s "%s" %s "%s" %s "%s" %s "%s" %s "%s" %s "%s" %s "%s" %s "%s" %s "%s"␠
13:47 ashimema yikes
13:47 caroline I bet it says that the number of %s doesn't match
13:47 caroline (at least in that case there is only one word to translate)
13:49 magnuse yup
13:56 thd joined #koha
14:03 marie-luce joined #koha
14:05 henryb joined #koha
14:05 tuxayo1 Shall I chair?
14:06 oleonard Did everyone disappear (I did momentarily)
14:06 cait1 hm no dev meeting?
14:06 cait1 i am too late... b
14:07 thd tuxayo1: Yes of course, but maybe you should also try summoning Joubu etc.
14:07 Joubu sorry, I was in a meeting
14:07 Joubu starting now
14:07 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 5 May 2021
14:07 huginn Meeting started Wed May  5 14:07:34 2021 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
14:07 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:07 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 May 2021)
14:07 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_5_may_2021'
14:07 Joubu #topic Introductions
14:07 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 May 2021)
14:07 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eeting_5_May_2021
14:08 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:08 tuxayo #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
14:08 tuxayo thanks :D
14:08 Joubu qa_team?
14:08 wahanui qa_team is cait, dcook, amoyano, ashimema, marcelr, kohaputti, jajm, tcohen, josef_moravec, kidclamp, khall and tuxayo
14:08 Joubu rmaints?
14:08 wahanui rmaints is probably fridolin, AndrewFH and tuxayo
14:08 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
14:08 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:08 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:08 tuxayo I need to make a bookmark folder with the meeting links useful to chair  ^^
14:08 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
14:09 Joubu #topic Announcements
14:09 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 May 2021)
14:09 cait1 #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:09 Joubu I was in a meeting with BibLibre's sysop to get a new server for sandboxes. I have full access and will start the install very soon
14:10 ashimema Joubu++
14:10 ashimema sandboxes++
14:10 Joubu The goal is to make some instances available to the community to test the incoming release
14:10 Joubu biblibre++
14:10 Joubu lds++
14:10 cait1 sounds great
14:10 tuxayo :D
14:10 ashimema :)
14:10 tuxayo biblibre++
14:10 tuxayo lds++
14:10 cait1 lds++ biblibre++ Joubu++
14:10 Joubu not a big server but scalable when needed for hackfest
14:11 cait1 will it be using the "newer" sandbox system?
14:11 Joubu anyone else?
14:11 thd I am about to post an update to Koha Wiki Database Migration and Upgrade scripts which will be more than an order of magnitude smaller for copying files for installation without redundancy in the archive.  Sorry for anyone who might have looked previously.
14:11 Joubu cait1: yes
14:11 Joubu I am planning to spend a bit of time on it to fix some bugs
14:12 Joubu thd: can you remind us where you put the code please?
14:12 ashimema very nice to be spreading the load sandboxes wise.. It'll be great having that extra set of eyes on bugs and improvements to make the sandboxes all the more usable
14:13 tuxayo > spreading the load sandboxes
14:13 tuxayo +1, so there isn't much pressure if on server is down
14:13 thd I will be updating the linked archive in the bug report.
14:13 tuxayo We have an almost complete 21.11 team :D The major thing missing is an RMaint for stable
14:13 tuxayo https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_21.11
14:14 Joubu yes, I wanted to highlight it in the next topic
14:14 ashimema ooh.. we're going for the full compliment I see..
14:14 ashimema stable, oldstable, oldoldstable and oldoldoldstable..
14:14 Joubu there are some "slot" still available
14:14 thd This file should be a more manageable archive in a few minutes,[…]_upgrade_test.tgz .
14:14 ashimema not seen that for a while
14:14 tuxayo yep that looks good :)
14:15 Joubu we need a RMaint for 21.05 (or... I don't release it :D)
14:15 oleonard Joubu thanks for staying on for another release
14:15 tuxayo lol
14:15 Joubu we have 2 newcomers for the QA team
14:15 Joubu nugged++
14:15 tuxayo yep, Joubu++
14:15 oleonard Could each release maintainer move up one release and we'll drop support for 19.11 if necessary?
14:15 Joubu and... anyone interested by the new "IRC meeting facilitator" role?
14:15 cait1 Joubu: sorry got called away - then we can maybe remove documentation for the older information from the wiki, let me know and i can do an update
14:15 ashimema That's great to see :)
14:16 Joubu thx thd
14:16 cait1 Joubu++ nugged++
14:16 tuxayo > Could each release maintainer move up one release
14:16 tuxayo I was thinking that we might have to do that. A bit scared by oldstable but I should survive ^^"
14:16 Joubu oleonard: I guess Catalyst want to stay on 19.11 and so maintain it a bit longer
14:17 * oleonard wonders what that's about
14:17 cait1 or maybe just starting out with the oldest?
14:17 cait1 it's a good "start out" one
14:17 tuxayo > Catalyst want to stay on 19.11
14:17 tuxayo could be
14:17 cait1 ah ok, so not sure
14:17 ashimema do biblibre utilise every release or are they a .11's only shop.. or similar
14:18 * ashimema is wondering if that's why Fridolin is sticking to the .11
14:18 tuxayo > maybe just starting out with the oldest
14:18 tuxayo could bit also, since I took oldoldstable ^^"
14:18 tuxayo > utilise every release
14:18 tuxayo only .11
14:18 Joubu Which "older information" are you talking about?
14:18 ashimema I could take on a .11, but the .05 aren't used by ptfs-e now so that would be a harder sell
14:18 cait1 we aim for .11 at the moment, but we arenot set at it
14:18 tuxayo > that's why Fridolin is sticking to the .11
14:18 tuxayo Yes
14:19 oleonard Everyone should alternate .11 or .05 XD
14:19 Joubu kidclamp: do you know if someone at bywater is willing to maintain 21.05? :)
14:20 tuxayo Not a secret, their upgrade to 20.11 should be in july in case that info helps
14:20 kidclamp We are discussing - Kyle or I might be able to
14:20 kidclamp will let you know ASAP
14:20 Joubu thanks kidclamp!
14:20 tuxayo Thanks for considering the thing :D
14:20 cait1 thx :)
14:20 cait1 also still need documentation and translation managers i see
14:20 cait1 caroline: maybe? *kitty eyes*
14:21 tuxayo > translation managers
14:21 tuxayo oh right 😱
14:21 ashimema perhaps we could share it kidclamp?
14:21 cait1 (thought that would work better than puppy eyes in this case)
14:21 Joubu (but it's QA time that will be spend on RMaint.. :-/)
14:21 caroline I can do docs if no one wants to,,, I feel like I slacked off big time this cycle
14:21 khall_ #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions
14:21 Joubu oleonard: not interested by the new "IRC meeting facilitator" role?
14:21 cait1 I didn't have the same feeling and still have tons to translate for 20.11 manual
14:22 Joubu or.. caroline?
14:22 oleonard Joubu: Sorry I can't take on anything new at the moment
14:22 tuxayo > we could share it
14:22 tuxayo The RMaint of stable?
14:22 ashimema tcohen.. is bernardo still OK doing translation management?
14:22 tuxayo > it's QA time that will be spend on RMaint
14:22 tuxayo Indeed
14:22 caroline what is irc facilitator?
14:22 Joubu https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eting_facilitator
14:22 Joubu The community has general and development IRC meetings respectively every 1 month and 2 weeks. The goal of this new role (from 21.11 development cycle) would be to:
14:22 ashimema caroline, I could pursuade lucy to help on docs ;)
14:22 Joubu Prepare in advance Chair Keep track of the actions for the next meeting and ping individual to know the progress Make a resume of the progress of the roadmap Anticipate with the next meeting date (watch out the timezones) Run the meeting script
14:22 caroline I don't think i'm orgnized enough to do that
14:23 caroline lucy is already a great help! she's my #1 <3
14:24 caroline if she wants to take a swing at being manager I'd be happy to let her, or we could co-manage
14:24 ashimema maybe co-manage.. I'll grab her later and see what she says :)
14:25 cait1 :)
14:25 ashimema Does Todd or anyone from KohaUS think the facilitator role might fit with their mantra?
14:25 cait1 bernardo might just need to be asked - not sure how close he follows mailing list/release schedule
14:25 cait1 Andrew maybe?
14:26 Joubu cait1: I will send him an email after the meeting
14:26 ashimema Andrew for what.. IRC Facilitator.. which Andrew?
14:26 Joubu AndrewFH
14:27 liliputech joined #koha
14:27 Joubu @later tell AndrewFH we all think you would be a great IRC meeting facilitator https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eting_facilitator Are you willing to try it for the next release cycle?
14:27 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:27 fridolin joined #koha
14:27 caroline you have been volunteered as tribute
14:27 Joubu ok, moving on?
14:27 ashimema lol
14:28 * fridolin sorry I had netwrok issues
14:28 Joubu #topic Update from the Release Manager (21.05)
14:28 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (21.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 May 2021)
14:28 Joubu not much to say, release is approaching, keep an eyes on the 21.05 tags.
14:28 Joubu hard feature freeze ends in a couple of days
14:28 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
14:29 Joubu #link # This is the list of things you must keep an eye on for the next couple of weeks
14:29 Joubu any questions about 21.05?
14:29 AndrewFH joined #koha
14:29 Joubu #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:29 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 May 2021)
14:29 fridolin We will release around 25/26 may, to be before 21.05 release
14:30 ashimema :)
14:30 fridolin 24/25 I mean
14:30 fridolin no big problems with 20.11.x I'd say /D
14:30 fridolin :D
14:30 * fridolin will continue RMaint on this branch for next cycle
14:30 cait1 fridolin++
14:31 Joubu #info May stable releases planned on 24/25th
14:31 tuxayo 19.11 is fine
14:31 tuxayo fridolin++
14:31 fridolin we search a Rmaint for 21.05.x right ?
14:31 fridolin https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_21.11
14:31 Joubu yes fridolin, maybe kidclamp or khall. Or it will be you
14:32 tuxayo fridolin: yep:[…]1-05-05#i_2350959
14:32 ashimema lol
14:32 Joubu #topic Updates from the QA team
14:32 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 May 2021)
14:32 cait1 oops, almost missd my topic
14:32 cait1 thanks to everyone doing QA the last few weeks!
14:32 lukeG1 joined #koha
14:33 cait1 still as always tons to do, please QA away with RM priorities in mind for release!
14:33 * ashimema cuaght back up the leaderboard by the end of the month
14:33 cait1 I'd also like to put a bit more focus on "oldest first" next release cycle
14:33 cait1 i have neglected the old bugs in favor of the bad bugs a bit... but it's really hard to choose, more hands should help
14:33 cait1 I hope
14:33 ashimema There's a fair few 'In discussion' on the rel_21_05 and RM priority list right now
14:34 ashimema I'm not sure how to get them moving again
14:34 cait1 maybe we could discuss some of them on irc (outside the meeting)
14:34 henryb joined #koha
14:34 ashimema regarding "oldest first".. I struggle at times doing that when it often takes a while for devs to get back to queries for older ones.. it's a hard thing to juggle
14:35 ashimema yeah. lets try to get some moving after this meeting
14:36 ashimema oldest first.. I'd suggest when pikcing a bug.. it's often worthwhile poking the dev to arrange a mutually agreeable slot..
14:36 Joubu it's quite easy for the next couple of weeks to choose, it's either bugfixes to write/test/QA
14:36 Joubu or find bugs
14:36 Joubu and you have 2 days for small enhancements
14:36 ashimema deffo the next few weeks is easy to choose
14:37 cait1 yes
14:37 Joubu moving on?
14:37 cait1 i just think out of fairness we need to avoid having stuff sittitng for too long waiting
14:37 cait1 so it's as always a matter of balance
14:37 ashimema totally
14:37 cait1 yep
14:37 cait1 moving on
14:37 Joubu #topic Status of roadmap projects
14:37 Topic for #koha is now Status of roadmap projects (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 May 2021)
14:37 Joubu (insert void here)
14:38 Joubu #topic Actions from last meeting
14:38 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 May 2021)
14:38 Joubu * ashimema Write a coding guideline to clarify our message types: 'alert' vs 'error' (context of bug 27695)
14:38 ashimema ES Tests - Assume that's not moved :(
14:38 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27695 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to stable , Fix style of messages on Elasticsearch configuration page
14:38 Joubu did you?
14:38 ashimema oh, ok
14:38 Joubu ashimema: nothing has moved
14:38 ashimema no, I think I need to regroup on writing that beggining of next cycle at this point
14:38 ashimema been trying to fit in as much QA as possible instead.
14:38 ashimema so please postpone it one last time :(!
14:38 Joubu do I postpone it?
14:39 Joubu #action ashimema Write a coding guideline to clarify our message types: 'alert' vs 'error' (context of bug 27695)
14:39 ashimema yes please
14:39 Joubu * kidclamp Ask the ML for additional info about how to implement opt-out for notices. One idea would be to have "My message" at the OPAC
14:39 Joubu I don't think I saw it on the list
14:39 ashimema roadmap wise.. the slips stuff has moved a little :).. the accounts slips all now run through GetPreparredLetter.. that was my starting point ;)
14:40 ashimema hmm.. I don't remember seeing such an email either
14:40 Joubu ashimema: I am abandoning the roadmap for 21.05 as it's too late. But will start a 21.11 one in the next 2,3 of weeks. Keep in mind your projects for 21.11 please
14:41 Joubu we will group them and form new action groups
14:41 ashimema ta
14:41 Joubu my goal for 21.11 is to work/help only things that are in the roadmap
14:41 Joubu #action kidclamp Ask the ML for additional info about how to implement opt-out for notices. One idea would be to have "My message" at the OPAC (postponed)
14:41 Joubu #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:41 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 May 2021)
14:42 Joubu something else?
14:42 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
14:42 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 May 2021)
14:42 Joubu #info Next meeting: 19 May 2021, 14 UTC
14:43 Joubu 3
14:43 Joubu 2
14:43 Joubu 1
14:43 cait1 :)
14:43 cait1 go
14:43 Joubu #endmeeting
14:43 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:43 huginn Meeting ended Wed May  5 14:43:22 2021 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:43 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-05-05-14.07.html
14:43 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]1-05-05-14.07.txt
14:43 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]05-14.07.log.html
14:43 cait1 Joubu++
14:43 fridolin Keep in mind ES7 https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=25439
14:43 huginn Bug 25439: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , [Omnibus] Prepare Koha to ElasticSearch 7 - ES7
14:43 tuxayo Joubu++ and thanks all :)
14:43 fridolin i'll try to work on that
14:43 oleonard Joubu++
14:43 fridolin to ES7 and behond ...
14:44 fridolin Joubu++
14:44 ashimema bug 25449
14:44 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=25449 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Make itemtype mandatory by default
14:44 ashimema did you have a response for Phil Joubu?
14:44 ashimema personally.. I think the code here is a good first step..
14:44 tuxayo Thanks fridolin if ES 8 comes out, ES will be unsuported
14:45 tuxayo *ES 6 will be unsuported
14:45 ashimema and we might want to followup with stricter restrictions around that code as subsequent bugs
14:45 Joubu ashimema: What's his question?
14:46 ashimema basically he says it's not good enough to just add the rule.
14:46 ashimema as those rules aren't enforced strictly enough.
14:46 tuxayo fridolin: still no sign of version 8 alpha.
14:46 tuxayo When that will begin. There should be around 6 months before the release. According to a dev on the ES forum.
14:47 Joubu is his suggestion to make 942 mandatory?
14:47 ashimema hmm.. I think it might be yes
14:47 tuxayo1 joined #koha
14:48 * ashimema is re-reading the comment
14:48 Joubu "which would be a huge behavior change"
14:48 Joubu sounds like it would not be a good idea
14:48 ashimema mmm
14:49 Joubu so basically I don't understand what Phil clearly suggests and I think the patch is correct, at least in a first step
14:50 ashimema I agree.. ok.. I'll suggest this is the first step and he should detail his requests as followup bugs
14:50 Joubu I think cait1's opinion is needed on that one
14:52 fridolin tuxayo i've mailled my boss, saying i want to be on that
14:52 ashimema grr.. why did bug 14957 not move this cycle.. I spent ages working through it :(..
14:52 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=14957 new feature, P5 - low, ---, glasklas, Failed QA , Write protecting MARC fields based on source of import
14:54 cait1 because it got stuck on followups
14:54 cait1 it makes me sad too
14:54 cait1 where do you need me?
14:54 cait1 i am against 942$c mandatory
14:54 ashimema cait1, Joubu wants your throughts on bug 25449
14:54 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=25449 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Make itemtype mandatory by default
14:55 cait1 because without bug 14957 ... we can't keep it on overwrites
14:55 cait1 it woudl be messy
14:55 cait1 i have reading Phil's commen ton my list, but didn't get to it yet :(
14:56 cait1 sorry, i have to leave - meeting in RL
14:56 ashimema okies
14:56 cait1 left #koha
15:09 khall joined #koha
15:23 fridolin left #koha
15:29 ashimema cait1..
15:29 ashimema I'm doing the follow-ups for 14757 myself.. just about to push them up
15:29 ashimema do you think you'll have time to do a final quick test this evening perhaps?
16:09 cait joined #koha
16:12 cait joined #koha
16:15 cait joined #koha
16:16 cait joined #koha
16:19 cait joined #koha
16:20 lukeG joined #koha
16:21 cait joined #koha
16:22 cait joined #koha
16:23 cait joined #koha
16:25 cait joined #koha
16:27 cait joined #koha
16:31 cait joined #koha
17:19 khall_ joined #koha
17:24 reiveune bye
17:24 reiveune left #koha
17:25 khall joined #koha
17:31 cait joined #koha
18:36 caroline Hi all! For RegEx splitting rules, does anyone know how to cut after 9 characters?
18:36 caroline Ex. 971.42805092 C669r Should become 971.42805\n092\nC669r
18:37 caroline I tried s/(\s|.{9})/\n/g (as per the regex cheatsheet here but it cuts at every 9
18:37 caroline (the character 9)
18:51 khall joined #koha
19:01 tcohen caroline have you tried 9 dots?
19:01 did joined #koha
19:01 caroline yes and it didn't like it lol!
19:02 caroline anyway, I realize it's doing a search and replace... I don't want to replace the 9 characters by a new line...
19:02 caroline maybe I can try telling it to add a space after 9 characters and then replacing the spaces by new lines...
19:02 tcohen what are you trying to do, and where?
19:02 tcohen he
19:03 caroline In Administration > Classification sources > Splitting rules
19:03 caroline[…]n-splitting-rules
19:03 caroline Joubu had provided examples in the bz which I copied in the manual
19:04 caroline s/\s/\n/g = split on spaces
19:12 tcohen right
19:13 tcohen if you wanted to add \n there, you need a capture group
19:13 tcohen a way to refer to what matched
19:13 tcohen like in
19:14 tcohen s/(^.{9})/$1\n/
19:16 tcohen that site is not that useful
19:19 caroline tcohen: it works! I have to add the space too, but yay!!
19:19 tcohen great
19:20 tcohen you can specify several regexps in a rule, right?
19:20 caroline and I can add two (I had forgotten)
19:20 caroline yes!! *cries*
19:20 tcohen
19:20 tcohen so each thing you surround with parenthesis
19:20 tcohen is a capture group
19:21 tcohen whatever has matched with the expression inside of it
19:21 tcohen can be referred to, using $#
19:21 tcohen on the right side
19:21 caroline
19:21 tcohen where # is the number of the capture buffer
19:21 caroline tcohen++ (++++)
19:21 tcohen the order in which they are written
19:22 tcohen caroline++ # this stuff aint easy
19:22 marie-luce tcohen++
19:22 caroline I will add this new one to the manual so we can refer to it later
19:22 tcohen ^ <- means starts with
19:23 caroline I knew about ^, and I thought $ meant end of line
19:23 tcohen that's correct
19:23 tcohen on the first part of the expression
19:23 tcohen where you are trying to match
19:24 caroline which was why I didn't understand this example s/^(J|K)\n/$1 /
19:24 caroline but now it makes more sense
19:24 tcohen you could have
19:25 tcohen s/^(.{9})\s(.{2})\s(.)$/$3 $2 $1/
19:25 tcohen and it would revert the terms
19:25 tcohen silly example
19:28 caroline this rule would result in <everything else><2 following characters><9 first characters>?
19:30 tcohen it is missing an asterisk, but yes
19:30 tcohen exactly
19:31 tcohen spaces between them
19:31 tcohen also
19:31 tcohen \s(.)$ should've been \s(.*)$
19:31 tcohen but I typoed
19:31 caroline +1
19:32 tcohen it was only to showcase you can arrange things at will
19:43 ashimema Regex is fun
19:43 ashimema is a great tool to play with bte
19:43 ashimema I test lots of regex's using it
19:44 tcohen +1
19:44 caroline cool! I usually use but I will give yours a try too
19:46 ashimema Probably similar.. regexr is me to me.. still try it tomorrow 🙂
19:46 ashimema Love the team here.. people at so friendly and willing to help
19:47 ashimema tcohen++
19:47 caroline thanks again tcohen++! I'm adding your contribution to the manual as we speak :)
19:47 tcohen hehe
19:47 ashimema caroline++ #documenting it for future
19:47 tcohen have a good one everyone, taking off
20:16 tuxayo 🛫
20:57 aleisha joined #koha
20:57 aleisha hello
20:57 wahanui hey, aleisha
21:02 oleonard joined #koha
21:02 oleonard o/
21:21 oleonard "[0:]: errno=Connection refused"
21:21 oleonard ?
21:43 khall joined #koha
21:57 khall joined #koha
22:01 khall joined #koha
22:09 tuxayo aleisha around?
22:13 tuxayo Oh, I see, dcook pinged me about bug 15516 it half a day ago but in the meantime it went back to needing work. I'll just spy on it for now ^^
22:13 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=15516 new feature, P5 - low, ---, aleisha, Needs Signoff , Allow to place a hold on first available item from a group of titles
22:14 tuxayo And the patch landed just now!
22:16 khall joined #koha
22:25 aleisha hi yes im here!
22:25 aleisha yep i think dcook was keen to get bug 15516 and bug 15565 tested
22:25 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=15516 new feature, P5 - low, ---, aleisha, Needs Signoff , Allow to place a hold on first available item from a group of titles
22:25 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=15565 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleisha, Signed Off , Place multiple holds at once for the same record in OPAC
22:29 khall joined #koha
22:33 khall joined #koha
22:37 khall joined #koha
22:48 khall joined #koha
22:52 khall joined #koha
22:58 khall joined #koha
23:01 khall joined #koha
23:10 dcook tuxayo++
23:10 dcook you're a champion
23:10 dcook aleisha++
23:10 khall joined #koha
23:25 khall joined #koha
23:29 khall joined #koha
23:33 khall joined #koha
23:40 AndrewFH joined #koha
23:40 khall joined #koha
23:42 khall joined #koha
23:49 khall joined #koha
23:57 AndrewFH joined #koha
23:58 khall joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary