IRC log for #koha, 2021-04-21

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:22 cait1 joined #koha
00:38 * dcook waves
01:26 sam_s_ joined #koha
01:26 gmcharlt_ joined #koha
01:26 z-b joined #koha
01:26 jeff__ joined #koha
01:26 bag_ joined #koha
01:26 tcohen- joined #koha
01:26 domm1 joined #koha
01:26 rhamby_ joined #koha
01:26 kidclamp_ joined #koha
01:26 inlibro_ joined #koha
01:27 abneiman_ joined #koha
01:28 slef` joined #koha
01:28 caroline_catlady joined #koha
01:29 amoyano- joined #koha
05:28 enkidu joined #koha
06:09 did joined #koha
06:28 paul_p joined #koha
06:30 magnuse \o/
06:34 mia joined #koha
06:38 reiveune joined #koha
06:38 reiveune hello
06:38 wahanui salut, reiveune
06:41 cait joined #koha
06:47 alex_a joined #koha
06:48 alex_a Bonjour
06:48 lds joined #koha
07:07 alex_a_ joined #koha
07:09 sophie_m joined #koha
07:33 magnuse got an opinion about BIBFRAME? please add it to bug 14239 :-)
07:33 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=14239 new feature, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Bibframe support in Koha
07:40 ashimema morning
07:43 petrus952 joined #koha
07:45 ashimema is bibframe a thing now magnuse?
07:45 ashimema I've still not really seen any evidence of anything supporting it.. other than the odd little vanity project to demo it being a fun idea
07:50 magnuse i am not up to scratch on it
08:01 bag joined #koha
08:09 ashimema me neither really
08:10 ashimema jajm around?
08:13 jajm ashimema, i'm here but not really available atm
08:13 ashimema okies, will chat later then
08:14 * ashimema is trying to get to grips with all the linked record options we now have.
08:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27830: Compiled CSS <[…]09a56c0f7278c7976>
08:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20854: DBRev <[…]62c7b81e6ea5bd5d4>
08:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26940: DBRev <[…]4e85a2fd37bf7f53e>
08:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20854: (QA follow-up) Rephrase of the new casServerVersion pref description <[…]400199a2f3152abf1>
08:52 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28162: fix doubled scalar sigil <[…]29b53111303b60f11>
08:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27830: (follow-up) Merge DE and FR address formats <[…]41912eda657cde705>
08:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28028: Remove misc/migration_tools/ <[…]26665ccd53355b820>
08:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28096: Fix table settings for API datatables wrapper <[…]a4dc2046c202ee671>
08:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20854: (QA follow-up) Improve readability <[…]1e3a9a6b7db0c4815>
08:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20854: Add more CAS tests <[…]ea3132447eeb28b45>
08:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26533: Fix 'is exactly' search for authorities <[…]2ae65de4f36d33316>
08:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27861: Warning in C4/ - use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) <[…]d140a7bbb45c8546c>
08:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27830: OPAC library list does not use AddressFormat <[…]df2109c275be8da06>
08:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27282: fix all occurrences <[…]d1f89fd79f62af400>
08:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27282: Add window.onafterprint function <[…]2c95f3a9ee6f659ab>
08:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27232: Add missing space between : and </label> in <[…]bfefd547749eaae1d>
08:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26940: Take empty strings into account <[…]27ad545e3dce82422>
08:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26940: Put in sync borrowers.debarredcomment with comments from borrower_debarment <[…]d6e381c2d5858dc68>
08:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26940: don't reset debarredcomment on patron update <[…]d09d048b2ee38689e>
08:53 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20854: Allow correct redirect on logout for Cas servers 3.0 and superior. <[…]5658a286019204e54>
09:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #567: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/567/
09:39 magnuse ashimema: linked record options?
09:51 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
09:51 wahanui Congratulations!
09:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U2010 build #155: FIXED in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Master_U2010/155/
09:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1619: SUCCESS in 59 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1619/
10:01 cait ashimema: maybe i can help?
10:04 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #549: SUCCESS in 1 hr 12 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/549/
10:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #266: STILL UNSTABLE in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/266/
10:30 oleonard Hi all
10:43 cait1 joined #koha
10:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #267: STILL UNSTABLE in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/267/
10:47 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
10:47 wahanui Congratulations!
10:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1623: FIXED in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1623/
11:23 oleonard ashimema still around?
11:35 alex_a joined #koha
11:35 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
11:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_CPAN build #294: SUCCESS in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_CPAN/294/
12:31 ashimema Hi oleonard
12:31 wahanui hi oleopard
12:32 oleonard Hi ashimema I was looking at Bug 28187, but before I get to that I have a question about cash registers...
12:32 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28187 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , rowGroup headings are getting their styles overriden
12:32 ashimema Fire away
12:33 oleonard If I change my cash register from the one I'm logged in with by default, shouldn't the "Register details" link take me to details for that cash register?
12:33 oleonard Right now it shows me the default
12:35 ashimema Hmm.. fair question
12:35 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:36 oleonard It also raises the question: Should I be able to see other register details without switching my "logged in register"
12:36 ashimema I can't remember.. when using point of sale to seek stuff.. if you have defaults or have selected a till for you it session ... Doesn't it revert the till selection with each transaction
12:37 ashimema Well..that's why there's library details and register details
12:37 ashimema So you can quickly get to see your 'current' register details page if you have one for your session but can also see other tills in the library if you need to
12:38 * ashimema needs to quickly drive home.. will be about 10 mins offline
12:40 magnuse there aren't any plugins for organizing "events" in koha, right? like registering participants for a book talk or a games evening?
12:42 caroline_catlady magnuse: maybe the clubs function?
12:44 oleonard magnuse: We pay annually for a standalone system for that, so if you want to write one for Koha feel free :D
12:44 caroline_catlady oleonard: i'm curious which one you use?
12:45 oleonard LibraryCalendar from LibraryMarket
12:46 caroline_catlady We have a "partnership" with Amilia and integrated Koha with their software for one library
12:49 oleonard We used an event calendar system from Demco for a while and it was hot garbage.
12:50 caroline_catlady not room temperature garbage or even warm garbage, but hot!
12:50 oleonard caroline_catlady: I don't know why the garbage is hot, it's just the way the idiom is! :D
12:51 caroline_catlady it must be because it smells more ;)
12:51 * oleonard biab
12:52 ashimema Back
12:55 marie-luce joined #koha
13:05 lukeG1 joined #koha
13:26 alex_a joined #koha
13:31 Joubu dev meeting in 30min
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27644: Compiled CSS <[…]0da0df87f5316652b>
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23271: Prevent crash if called without parameters <[…]90c5037145cb935f7>
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27644: (QA follow-up) Remove size=1 from template <[…]720d6acb37e174288>
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14300: Add %P to SIP LogPattern <[…]2e7b6dbb3e839c9c2>
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23271: Remove 'selecteds' from Branches <[…]cdc10e86c5ff32e9e>
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23271: (QA follow-up) Minor POD fix <[…]de04eb01f7196ab62>
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28127: add transaction timestamp to register details tables <[…]8060ca79f0e642016>
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28119: Use full description in layout type selection <[…]1ace97ec7fbcb4884>
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27644: (follow-up) Wrap strings in translation function <[…]cfc0eb2c098977835>
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23583: Handle OpacHiddenItems with yaml_preference <[…]f31e4054cd92f5a1f>
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28086: OpacMaintenance page should use ReplytoDefault if set <[…]f8901ef1be088181e>
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21883: Show authorized value description for withdrawn in check-in <[…]3083f2bac606cd3bb>
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27644: Add button to SQL report editor for inserting runtime parameters <[…]eca8efbee94958af5>
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27465: Add column visibility to admin/ <[…]72f2448d92aeac32b>
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21883: Pass the item to the template <[…]39fcf8a8087c18dbd>
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23243: (follow-up) Update wording as requested <[…]404429d7446d768c8>
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23243: Adjust previous patch <[…]afa691ca9c42b0a7c>
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23271: Replace search_limited with search_with_library_limits <[…]8152646257d9accba>
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23271: Use Koha::Object::Limit::Library for Koha::Patron::Categories <[…]966dbf762f9524419>
13:31 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23243: Restore filtering out historic expired subscriptions <[…]7ecdc120ff4072fe8>
13:47 magnuse caroline_catlady, oleonard-away thanks!
13:51 thd joined #koha
13:57 henryb joined #koha
13:57 oleonard dev meeting in 3min
13:57 talljoy joined #koha
13:58 talljoy good morning!
13:58 oleonard Hi talljoy
13:59 oleonard talljoy: Are you still on a tropical island??
13:59 talljoy ha no!
13:59 thd It would be good if my second jab headache would go away in three minutes.
14:00 Joubu qa_team?
14:00 wahanui qa_team is, like, cait, dcook, amoyano, ashimema, marcelr, kohaputti, jajm, tcohen, josef_moravec, kidclamp, khall and tuxayo
14:00 Joubu rmaints?
14:00 wahanui i think rmaints is fridolin, AndrewFH and tuxayo
14:00 oleonard talljoy: Can I at least assume it's not snowing where you are?
14:00 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 21 April 2021
14:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Apr 21 14:00:20 2021 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
14:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 April 2021)
14:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_21_april_2021'
14:00 talljoy no snow in the desert!!
14:00 talljoy right no
14:00 talljoy now
14:00 Joubu #topic Introductions
14:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 April 2021)
14:00 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:00 Joubu sorry for interupting you! :)
14:00 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
14:00 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:01 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:01 henryb #info Henry Bolshaw, House of Lords Library, UK
14:01 talljoy #info Joy Nelson, ByWater Solutions
14:01 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
14:01 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ing_21_April_2021
14:02 khall_ joined #koha
14:02 Joubu hi all :)
14:02 Joubu #topic Announcements
14:02 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 April 2021)
14:02 Joubu Anyone have something?
14:02 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS-Europe
14:03 Joubu #topic Update from the Release Manager (21.05)
14:03 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (21.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 April 2021)
14:03 Joubu Release dates have been announced on the general mailing list earlier today:
14:03 Joubu * May 1st - "Soft" feature freeze, nothing big or with high risk of side-effects will be included into the final release if not marked as Passed QA
14:03 Joubu * May 4-7 - "Hard" feature freeze, nothing considered as an improvement will be pushed if not marked as Passed QA
14:03 Joubu * May 12th - String freeze, draft of release notes published
14:03 Joubu * May 19th - Only bug fixes considered as major, critical or blocker will be pushed
14:03 Joubu * May 28th - Final release
14:03 tcohen Joubu++
14:03 Joubu how does it sound?
14:04 tcohen Great, releasing a friday means beer party
14:04 oleonard +1
14:04 Joubu I will start using the rel_21_05_candidate bz keyword more and more, keep an eye on it -
14:04 thd +1
14:04 cait souns good but scares me the same time
14:04 cait does that count?
14:04 henryb It sounds great but everything is happening so fast!
14:04 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:04 cait henryb foudn the better words :)
14:05 ashimema +1
14:05 Joubu cannot be later than on 28th :)
14:05 ashimema indeed
14:05 Joubu You should also watch the bug reports with missing release notes
14:05 ashimema it's the usual flow
14:05 Joubu There is a shared search
14:05 Joubu https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]run&sharer_id=378
14:05 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
14:05 Joubu #info keep an eye on the 21.05 candidate list
14:06 Joubu #info Watchout the missing release notes! https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]run&sharer_id=378
14:06 henryb To clarify, I wasn't suggesting the timetable should change I'm just surprised how quickly time passes :)
14:07 Joubu heh yes, only 1 month left!
14:07 cait I understood it like that
14:07 Joubu 5 weeks!
14:07 ashimema is there a new roadmap doc for planning the next cycle yet?
14:07 khall__ joined #koha
14:07 Joubu ashimema: we could start thinking about it indeed, like in 2 weeks?
14:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #568: UNSTABLE in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/568/
14:08 * ashimema likes to have a place to put things early.. that way he can put them there then they're out of his brain so he can concentrate on the more immediate tasks
14:08 Joubu ~2 weeks before the release. But we should focus on 21.05 first :)
14:09 ashimema haha.. I'll just note mine locally for now then .. and try to get them out of my brain
14:09 Joubu yes, I have mine already as well ;)
14:09 Joubu will be fun to merge them
14:09 Joubu #topic Updates from the QA team
14:09 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 April 2021)
14:10 thd Writing things tends to reduce brain consumption.
14:10 Joubu NQA queue is back under 100
14:11 Joubu but still too many, and we have 2 criticals + 2 majors
14:11 ashimema I've struggled to focus on QA much this month.. only really had a couple of days
14:11 cait same here
14:11 kidclamp trying to do what I can when I can
14:11 cait we need more hands on deck
14:11 ashimema little dissapointing I'm still number 3 in the list.. even with that being the case
14:11 * oleonard has been trying to focus on non-enh signoffs
14:11 ashimema nice one oleonard
14:12 cait yep
14:12 Joubu that's the way oleonard, thanks :)
14:12 cait but we also have some long istting stuff
14:12 ashimema istting?
14:12 cait personally... I'd be really really happy to see bug 14237 movign
14:12 maya-das joined #koha
14:12 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=14237 enhancement, P2, ---, aleisha, Signed Off , Allow bibs to be added to course without items
14:12 cait sitting sorry
14:12 maya-das hi
14:12 oleonard Hi maya-das we are in the middle of a developers meeting at the moment, stick around until after if you have a question
14:13 tcohen cait: will take a look today
14:13 cait hi maya-das - we are just in ameeting, you are welcome to stay, but questions might be a bit hard to answer right now
14:13 cait oleonard: jinx? :)
14:13 oleonard :)
14:14 maya-das oleonard  >> ok
14:14 cait nothing more to add for QA i think
14:14 Joubu something else for/from QA?
14:14 cait please look at the bad and the old as pointed out in my mails :) (and beyond those of course)
14:14 Joubu #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:14 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 April 2021)
14:14 Joubu (yes I did swap the 2 topics!)
14:15 cait trying to keep us on our toes
14:15 Joubu April releases are expected for Monday 26th
14:15 Joubu #info April releases are expected for Monday 26th
14:15 cait i noticed the strings haven't been updated for 20.11
14:16 cait they had been already updated before, but not since fridolin announced and there were some strings pushed
14:16 Joubu do we need to ping Bernardo?
14:16 cait i am not sure, i was hoping to catch fridolin today, but haven't spotted him yet
14:16 cait i am nto sure how this works at the moment
14:16 Joubu Were you saying pootle is not up-to-date?
14:16 cait it looks like the scheduled string update around 15th happened
14:17 cait but none after
14:17 cait yes
14:17 ashimema also.. manual builds for 20.11 are broken again
14:17 cait after 15th new strings were pushed and 20.11 string frezeed announced
14:17 Joubu ok, we will catch Frido when he will be around then
14:17 cait but i am waiting for some navigation links to show up and they haven't yet
14:18 cait bug 28006
14:18 Joubu ashimema: because of disk space issues again?
14:18 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28006 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to stable , Restore "Additional fields" link on serials navigation menu
14:18 ashimema I don't think so
14:18 ashimema it was the merges of translations that hit it.. those builds are taking longer than the 1h timeout on gitlab build servers I think
14:18 ashimema I've not investigated deeply yet
14:19 Joubu @later tell fridolin looks like the string for 20.11 are not up-to-date on pootle, something missing in your workflow for April?
14:19 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:19 Joubu string*s*
14:20 Joubu ashimema: erk, did you raise an alert flag? Can we extend the timeout?
14:20 ashimema I literally got told about it 20 mins before this meeting
14:20 ashimema ;)
14:20 ashimema so haven't done anything yet ;)
14:20 Joubu ok, will see after the meeting then :)
14:20 ashimema looking at the builds it's been dead for a month
14:20 Joubu #topic Status of roadmap projects
14:20 Topic for #koha is now Status of roadmap projects (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 April 2021)
14:21 Joubu things are stuck for most of the topics
14:21 Joubu I am still hoping a QA stamp on bug 22544
14:21 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=22544 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Patch doesn't apply , Move C4:NewsChannels to Koha namespace
14:21 Joubu ha, does not apply! I missed that one :D
14:21 ashimema Katrin was on that.. but it's failing to apply
14:21 ashimema aha :)
14:22 Joubu and some QA issues need to be fixed on bug 14957
14:22 cait yeah i tried, but didn't get far sorry
14:22 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=14957 new feature, P5 - low, ---, glasklas, Failed QA , Write protecting MARC fields based on source of import
14:22 cait same
14:22 Joubu I will rebased the news stuff right after the meeting!
14:22 mtj #info Mason James, NZ
14:22 Joubu #topic  Actions from last meeting
14:22 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 April 2021)
14:22 mtj hi people, sorry i'm late :)
14:23 Joubu #topic Joubu create the "roles for 21.11" wiki page and send an email to the list
14:23 Topic for #koha is now Joubu create the "roles for 21.11" wiki page and send an email to the list (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 April 2021)
14:23 Joubu done, see https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_21.11
14:23 Joubu (lot of people missing there!)
14:23 cait hi mtj - difficult time for you!
14:23 cait maybe weshoudl put election date on the page
14:24 cait that's been set already, right?
14:24 Joubu yes, next general meeting
14:24 wahanui somebody said next general meeting was 13 November, so does 14 November 13:00 ITC work okay?
14:24 Joubu https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eting_12_May_2021
14:24 Joubu 12 May 2021, 14:00 UTC
14:24 cait and add elections there?
14:24 cait i am on it
14:24 Joubu thanks
14:25 Joubu #topic mtj write something about the new packages for the 21.05 release notes
14:25 Topic for #koha is now mtj write something about the new packages for the 21.05 release notes (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 April 2021)
14:25 Joubu done - https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]iki/Package_types
14:25 Joubu thanks mtj for that one!
14:25 Joubu #info New wiki page to explain the different debian packages has been written - https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]iki/Package_types
14:25 Joubu #topic ashimema Write a coding guideline to clarify our message types: 'alert' vs 'error' (context of bug 27695)
14:25 Topic for #koha is now ashimema Write a coding guideline to clarify our message types: 'alert' vs 'error' (context of bug 27695) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 April 2021)
14:25 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27695 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to master , Fix style of messages on Elasticsearch configuration page
14:26 ashimema I need to postpone that one once again
14:26 ashimema sorry.. just haven't had a moment
14:26 Joubu #action ashimema Write a coding guideline to clarify our message types: 'alert' vs 'error' (context of bug 27695)
14:26 ashimema thanks
14:26 Joubu #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:26 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 April 2021)
14:26 Joubu #topic Email unsubscribe - CAN-SPAM / GDPR - how to implement opt-out for Koha
14:26 Topic for #koha is now Email unsubscribe - CAN-SPAM / GDPR - how to implement opt-out for Koha (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 April 2021)
14:26 Joubu kidclamp: ?
14:26 cait wiki updates done
14:27 kidclamp This is something we are working on as we face some issues in sending out emails
14:27 kidclamp Patrons will mark messages as SPAM, this eventually can put our servers on block lists
14:27 cait interesting
14:27 kidclamp one of the features that is needed is an 'Unsubscribe' link in the messages
14:28 kidclamp or alternately, a way to show that patrons have agreed to receive transactional message
14:28 cait sounds like a good idea in general
14:28 Joubu yes, definitely
14:28 kidclamp really we are interested in whether there are any GDPR related issues around this, or if anyone else int he community faces this problem?
14:28 ashimema yup..
14:28 Joubu it's mandatory
14:28 ashimema we've never had such a problem
14:29 Joubu you have to include an unsubscribe link
14:29 Joubu (I...think)
14:29 cait not sure if that applies to overdues
14:29 kidclamp how have libraries implemented it?
14:29 kidclamp in theory overdues are excluded for us too, but in practice they still count against us
14:30 cait I know that there is discussion about informational emails
14:30 cait if it's not related to their actions witht he library
14:30 cait you can't just emai them things
14:30 cait but stuff related to their circulation directly (renewal, overdue) should be ok i think
14:31 cait if we get questions about other types of email we help get a list, but we tell them to check with their appointed data privacy person
14:32 cait if that makes sense? we haven' t had requests so far as you can opt them out of most messages and we are not using all of them anyway
14:32 cait via messaging preferences you can turn off a lot of the emails... are there some more problematic than others?
14:32 kidclamp the patron_emailer script doesn't have an opt-out currently
14:33 cait yeah we don't use that at all at the moment
14:33 kidclamp and I think ooffering an unsubscribe on the overdues would be an eventual goal for us
14:33 cait if it's a marker you put in the templates, it's would be easy to control when it shows
14:34 kidclamp Kyle and I discussed this morning the possibility of adding 'my messages' to patron opac view, and adding a transport of way for patrons to get notices in the opac, but not necessarily have them 'sent'
14:34 cait i think there is an open bug to have the message view i staff in opac too alreay
14:34 cait that goes the same direction
14:34 ashimema for unsubscribe I really wonder about just linking to the patron messaging preferences
14:34 kidclamp largely though, it sounds like no one is finding they need additional option to meet GDPR requirements or others?
14:34 cait and then we culd have a message transport type "opac" to
14:34 ashimema and trying to follow through and add more of the notices to that set
14:35 cait but i'd still show them all if we are on that already
14:35 Joubu that's a nice idea, kidclamp. Even we could enqueue things even if a patron does not have the mtt (like no email), and it would be visible in their OPAC account
14:35 ashimema I do like that idea too
14:35 Joubu kidclamp: ask the list? :)
14:35 tuxayo #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
14:36 * tuxayo scrolls back
14:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1620: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 2 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1620/
14:36 kidclamp can do, we are working on deciding waht we need and how we should implement, so just collecting info for now
14:37 cait kidclamp: i think having privacy features like that is never wrong, even if it's not a must have maybe
14:37 cait or not a must have evrywhere
14:38 kidclamp talljoy: any more questions you have?
14:39 kidclamp I think we can move on, and we will email the list if we have more questions
14:40 Joubu #action kidclamp Ask the ML for additional info about how to implement opt-out for notices. One idea would be to have "My message" at the OPAC
14:40 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
14:40 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 April 2021)
14:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1624: UNSTABLE in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1624/
14:41 wizzyrea joined #koha
14:41 Joubu #info Next meeting: 5 May 2021 14 UTC
14:41 Joubu no objections?
14:41 Joubu 5sec
14:41 Joubu #endmeeting
14:41 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:41 huginn Meeting ended Wed Apr 21 14:41:31 2021 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:41 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-04-21-14.00.html
14:41 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]1-04-21-14.00.txt
14:41 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]21-14.00.log.html
14:41 thd +1
14:41 kidclamp Joubu++
14:43 tuxayo Caught up!!
14:43 tuxayo > #endmeeting
14:43 tuxayo lol
14:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #550: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 12 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/550/
14:44 cait Joubu++
14:45 * tuxayo will finally use the calendar feature of phones.
14:46 paul_p joined #koha
14:47 * thd goes to rest his post jab headache for a chance of productivity again in a few hours.
14:47 cait left #koha
14:53 paul_p_ joined #koha
14:53 talljoy left #koha
14:53 cait joined #koha
14:59 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23271: Fix Template/Plugin/Branches.t <[…]b3cc9ff5344213905>
14:59 ashimema aha.. I've found a gitlab setting.. I can up from a 1h timeout up to 3hr
15:00 ashimema I've done that and re-triggered the build
15:09 petrus952 left #koha
15:11 paul_p__ joined #koha
15:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1625: STILL UNSTABLE in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1625/
15:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23271: Fix random failure from Categories.t <[…]8464821845f40dc4a>
15:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U2010 build #156: UNSTABLE in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Master_U2010/156/
15:33 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #268: STILL UNSTABLE in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/268/
15:40 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:40 wahanui Congratulations!
15:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1621: FIXED in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1621/
15:44 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
15:45 reiveune bye
15:45 reiveune left #koha
15:52 oleonard henryb++
15:52 oleonard Bug 28188
15:52 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28188 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Accessibility: OPAC - the contrast ratio for text is insufficient [OMNIBUS]
16:30 maya-das joined #koha
16:31 oleonard my $theme = $input->param('theme');    # only used if allowthemeoverride is set
16:31 oleonard ^^ a real ancient relic
16:31 davewood I imported some records using ... now I have updated the import file and want to update the existing records but I get lots of these messages:"Item not added (bib 54439, item tag #1, barcode 74002): duplicate barcode 74002"
16:32 maya-das joined #koha
16:32 maya-das hi
16:32 davewood ` -m MARCXML -file foo.xml -d`
16:33 davewood I tried with `-update -isbn` and also with `-update` but the script complains about a missing -match param and I dont know which field to pick.
16:35 davewood if i do `-update -isbn` the script complains: "WARNING: Updating record  failed at /usr/share/koha/bin/migrati​on_tools/ live 470 <GEN24> ... use of uninitialized value $originalid in concatenation ..."
16:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #269: STILL UNSTABLE in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/269/
17:00 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:00 wahanui Congratulations!
17:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #551: FIXED in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/551/
17:07 cait joined #koha
17:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_CPAN build #295: FAILURE in 3 hr 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_CPAN/295/
17:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_CPAN build #296: STILL FAILING in 2 hr 9 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_CPAN/296/
17:27 davewood and if i use the web interface to import marcxml the pulldown menu "Record matching rule" only offers one option: 'do not look for matching records'
17:28 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:28 wahanui Congratulations!
17:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #569: FIXED in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/569/
17:31 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:31 wahanui Congratulations!
17:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_CPAN build #297: FIXED in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_CPAN/297/
17:32 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:32 wahanui Congratulations!
17:32 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1626: FIXED in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1626/
17:34 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:34 wahanui Congratulations!
17:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U2010 build #157: FIXED in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Master_U2010/157/
17:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1622: SUCCESS in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1622/
17:45 lari joined #koha
17:46 kivilahtio joined #koha
17:51 cait hello
17:51 cait someone still around?
17:51 * oleonard me
17:52 cait oh :)
18:02 oleonard cait++
18:09 cait oleonard++
18:33 tcohen oleonard have you recently added columns settings
18:33 oleonard Yes
18:33 cait :)
18:34 cait the cities just got added to the ist i think (not by oleonard tho)
18:34 tcohen I'm finding it impossible to make a column hidden by default
18:34 cait i qa'd something that might be the cause i hink? sorry to interrupt
18:34 * oleonard working on Bug 28177
18:34 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28177 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Add date column and column configuration to uploads
18:35 cait bug 28096
18:35 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28096 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to master , API datatables wrapper does not deal correctly with hidden columns
18:35 cait hm, already in master now
18:36 oleonard tcohen: Are you using the wrapper?
18:36 tcohen no
18:36 tcohen I'm adding a column to the itemtypes table
18:36 cait sorry for the red hering
18:37 tcohen cait might be it, though
18:37 oleonard Using "is_hidden: 1" in columns_settings.yml isn't working?
18:37 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted "oleonard cait" (29 lines) at
18:38 oleonard tcohen: You restarted all the things?
18:38 cait +1
18:39 * tcohen does it again, just in case
18:39 * tcohen will delete all the cookies and all
18:39 tcohen just doing a reset_all
18:39 tcohen he
18:42 tcohen it is there
18:42 tcohen damn
18:42 cait aren't disappearing bugs good?
18:43 tcohen the table config has the 'hidden by default' checkbox set
18:43 tcohen but
18:44 tcohen this is interesting
18:44 cait have you checked he number of columsn matches?
18:44 cait maybe it's off by one?
18:44 tcohen it seems to be
18:44 tcohen but
18:44 tcohen what should I check? where?
18:44 cait check the yaml definitions first i'd say
18:45 tcohen ha
18:45 tcohen yaml has 15, table has 16
18:45 tcohen it was not me, for sure
18:45 tcohen he
18:46 cait hm maybe could be a separat ebug then for backport?
18:47 oleonard parent code wasn't added to the yml
18:49 tcohen how do things match, oleonard?
18:49 tcohen it is not by position, as code and description are swapped on the UI
18:50 cait hm always thought it was position to be honest
18:50 tcohen me too, but just noticed code and description are swapped
18:51 oleonard It is by position, so the columns settings are wrong
18:51 tcohen ok
18:51 oleonard If you hide code by default, description will be hidden instead
18:51 oleonard All kinds of bugs shaking loose :D
18:53 cait mean Koha... sabotaging my course reserves bug
18:54 oleonard I don't know why it didn't occur to me sooner... There's no reason for us to use labels like "parent_code" in table settings when we could use "Parent code."
18:54 cait next you will suggest to make these files translatable! :D
18:55 oleonard Oh right :(
18:55 cait that was not that kind of comment
18:55 cait i am ok with using non-codes
18:55 cait and we COULD aim to add htem to yaml translations
18:55 cait if the sequence matters, nothing woudl speak against that, wouldn't it?
18:55 tcohen ok, will file the bug and CC you both he
18:56 oleonard yaml translations?
18:56 tcohen yup
18:56 cait yeah like the installer files
18:56 tcohen want it done for tomorrow morning
18:57 cait or the syspref files
18:58 cait odd idea?
18:58 cait all separate bugs of curse
18:58 cait course
19:05 oleonard Oh, so the new translation stuff in gulpfile.js really just targets specific files or kinds of files for translation... I guess I'd never really looked at it
19:06 oleonard ...but passes the files to different translation scripts based on the type...
19:06 oleonard Hm.
19:06 cait hm i think it might only work in tt and js?
19:06 cait .... and inc?
19:06 cait not sure
19:06 cait or some directories
19:06 * oleonard Don't hate oleonard just because he's looking at this for the first time
19:06 cait i guess that for parsing the yaml code some other code is used
19:07 cait i could never
19:08 oleonard Well, it's definitely worth pursuing, but I'd have to get jajm's help for sure
19:08 tcohen what new translation stuff?
19:08 tcohen hahaha
19:08 cait we could start with filing a bug for making them human readabe
19:08 cait an dmaybe another for making them translatable?
19:10 tcohen I find the way it is done (column indexes) too fragile
19:10 tcohen we should start by adding some real names to columns to avoid issues like this one
19:10 tcohen we could add data-column-name='parent_code'
19:11 tcohen and make the library just match that, instead of doing arithmetics
19:11 tcohen and let's make the column names translatable, and match those on the template, hehe
19:11 oleonard That sounds good to me tcohen, but the table settings js always makes my head hurt when I try to understand it
19:12 tcohen that's exactly what I mean :-D
19:12 tcohen bug 28190
19:12 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28190 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Library limitation column not toggable on itemtypes table
19:18 tcohen cait, oleonard: I think the column should be named 'Automatic return' instead, BTW
19:20 oleonard What is automatic return??
19:20 cait checkin
19:21 cait not reutrn
19:21 cait please
19:21 tcohen I'm not changing anything
19:21 tcohen just saying
19:21 tcohen it sounds better
19:21 tcohen :-D
19:21 cait we got a terminology list for reasons :)
19:22 oleonard But...what is it?
19:23 cait the feature?
19:25 tcohen oleonard is resurrecting the discussion about terminology
19:25 tcohen hehe
19:26 cait i fele like you are trying to start a fight here more than oleonard :)
19:26 oleonard Automatic return is when my books walk home by themselves?
19:26 cait lol
19:26 cait yes
19:26 cait actually i am thinking about using it with our ill backend
19:26 cait when you check out the articles to them, but they don't ever need to return them...
19:34 tcohen cait I'm not sure about that workflow
19:35 cait open to better ideas
19:35 tcohen feels more like an article request to me :-D
19:35 cait yes and no
19:35 cait article requests don't 'do' much at the moment
19:35 tcohen how so?
19:35 cait it is an article request
19:35 tcohen ah, but that could change soon :-D
19:35 cait it's just harder to tie it into statistics and such
19:35 cait than a circ action
19:35 cait something to discuss for sure
19:36 tcohen I like it
19:36 cait course reserves bug?
19:36 cait heh
19:37 tcohen oleonard++
19:37 tcohen that was fast
19:45 cait oleonard is like the flash
19:45 cait oleonard?
19:45 wahanui somebody said oleonard was seeing some buggy stuff though
19:45 cait oleonard is also like the Flash
19:45 wahanui okay, cait.
20:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D11 build #631: STILL UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D11/631/
20:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #272: UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/272/
20:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #301: STILL UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/301/
20:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U2010 build #165: UNSTABLE in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]_20.05_U2010/165/
20:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #268: SUCCESS in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/268/
20:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #267: SUCCESS in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/267/
20:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #136: SUCCESS in 1 hr 4 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U18/136/
20:56 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
20:56 wahanui Congratulations!
20:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #273: FIXED in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/273/

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary