IRC log for #koha, 2021-02-10

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:57 inlibro joined #koha
01:58 inlibro joined #koha
02:02 oleonard-away Anyone know why public note and non-public note don't appear in the table of item information in  batch modification?
02:03 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
02:57 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D10 build #132: FAILURE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_D10/132/
02:57 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #368: FAILURE in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/368/
02:57 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U16 build #51: FAILURE in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_U16/51/
02:58 inlibro joined #koha
03:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #296: SUCCESS in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/296/
03:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U20 build #194: SUCCESS in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U20/194/
03:17 ere joined #koha
03:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #300: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/300/
03:58 inlibro joined #koha
04:58 inlibro joined #koha
05:03 Oak joined #koha
05:57 ere joined #koha
05:58 inlibro joined #koha
06:23 Oak joined #koha
06:25 did joined #koha
06:58 inlibro joined #koha
07:06 ere joined #koha
07:08 ere_ joined #koha
07:23 Oak joined #koha
07:32 reiveune joined #koha
07:33 reiveune hello
07:33 wahanui hola, reiveune
07:38 alex_a joined #koha
07:38 alex_a Bonjour
07:38 wahanui what's up, alex_a
07:56 paul_p joined #koha
07:58 cait joined #koha
07:59 inlibro joined #koha
08:01 cait1 joined #koha
08:07 ashimema Good Morning #koha
08:16 cait1 good morning ashimema and #koha
08:17 magnuse joined #koha
08:18 ashimema @later tell dcook the sandboxes do indeed use k-t-d behind the scenes
08:18 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
08:19 ashimema @later tell dcook they share a db container though from memory.. there are config tweaks to setup a smaller koha_net network of containers
08:19 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
08:22 fridolin joined #koha
08:37 Oak joined #koha
08:53 magnuse Oak
08:54 did joined #koha
08:55 Oak magnuse
08:55 Oak \o/
08:55 Oak Hi cait1
08:59 inlibro joined #koha
09:01 kohaputti joined #koha
09:15 cait1 hi Oak :)
09:18 Mazen joined #koha
09:19 Oak joined #koha
09:33 ere joined #koha
09:33 alex_a joined #koha
09:45 kohaputti ashimema, any idea if bug 13961 would be resolved by bug 24381 ?
09:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13961 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, emmi.takkinen, Needs Signoff , Option to include patron's total amount of fines in notices
09:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24381 major, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, BLOCKED , ACCOUNT_CREDIT and ACCOUNT_DEBIT slip not printing information about paid fines/fees
09:46 ashimema Yes.. well.. actually it'll be resolved by the bug two down that tree that was blocking
09:46 ashimema bug 26734
09:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26734 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Signed Off , Convert accounts (monetary) notices to use GetPreparedLetter
09:47 kohaputti ok, the one I just commented on
09:47 ashimema :)
09:47 ashimema meeting, brb
09:47 kohaputti I'm testing it right now but would be great to get your overview as the author on what things it most likely breaks
09:58 ere joined #koha
09:59 inlibro joined #koha
10:09 Joubu @later tell dcook did you contact Mason since you are in the packaging team? Are there any plans?
10:09 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
10:28 ashimema kohaputti, I'm sorry I'm so terrible at test plans...
10:28 * ashimema beats himself with a stick
10:28 ashimema I'll quickly look at adding a clearer one now
10:30 kohaputti ashimema, the backing up of the old CREDIT and DEBIT templates don't seem quite polished, I'm 99% many many libraries will need to get their old version after the upgrade in order to not have to spend hours on how the old template was. And currently if I go to /cgi-bin/koha/tools/ after applying the patches I cannot find the old templates unless selecting all modules and all actions
10:31 ashimema I agree.. wasn't expecting an SO from Kyle so quick.. it was meant as a proof of concept for some feedback
10:32 Joubu bug 27669, first catch from bug 25026! \o/
10:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27669 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , reverting and importing status never set when importing/reverting a batch
10:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25026 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to master , RaiseError must be set for the UI
10:33 * Joubu hands a RJ45 cable
10:33 Joubu It works better than a stick
10:33 ashimema nice one Joubu :)
10:34 ashimema kohaputti, do you think bug 14233 needs to come first?
10:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14233 enhancement, P4, ---, indradg, NEW , Add logging support to notices and slips management
10:34 ashimema why is everything so hard aye
10:36 kohaputti ashimema, not super sure, I hope we could still find some way to not make this a breaking change
10:37 ashimema do feel free to take on the DB update I tried first..
10:37 ashimema I tried pretty hard, but just couldn't seem to fixup the existing notices reliably enough :(
10:38 ashimema what I was really keen to do was draw a line and not have loads of extra randomly named variables still available forever..
10:38 ashimema especially with most of them not having tests
10:38 ashimema but I am open to suggestions
10:41 kohaputti I have no solutions right now but I will try to come up with some
10:44 kohaputti I also wonder if using template toolkit syntax is a good idea at all for notice templates with regards of security
10:46 kohaputti probably should report to koha security bugs, seems like a big problem now that I think of it
10:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26663 is not accessible.
10:48 ashimema I've been meaning to write a patch for that
10:48 kohaputti gotta be careful who to give edit_notices priveleges in koha
10:49 Joubu on this bug I am suggesting to move it to the admin area
10:50 ashimema test plans added to the patches
10:59 inlibro joined #koha
11:05 khall joined #koha
11:11 paul_p_ joined #koha
11:18 khall joined #koha
11:25 cait joined #koha
11:31 * ashimema is working on 14233 kohaputti
11:31 ashimema should at least make filtering the view log simpler
11:47 khall joined #koha
11:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U16 build #52: STILL FAILING in 4 min 56 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_U16/52/
11:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #369: STILL FAILING in 5 min 48 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/369/
11:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D10 build #133: STILL FAILING in 6 min 40 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_D10/133/
11:59 inlibro joined #koha
12:01 oleonard Hi all
12:08 oleonard It's funny, I was just wondering how the gig economy works
12:11 did1 joined #koha
12:16 magnuse oleonard: perfect timing, then!
12:26 ashimema ?
12:31 oleonard ashimema: Bugzilla spam
12:31 oleonard Anyone know why public note and non-public note don't appear in the table of item information in  batch modification?
12:33 fridolin joined #koha
12:40 ashimema pass
12:58 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:59 ashimema anyone know what the 'compare' tickbox next to some action logs is meant to do?
12:59 * ashimema thinks it's broken
13:00 inlibro joined #koha
13:01 ashimema hmm
13:01 ashimema aha.. I see
13:02 ashimema it filters all all actions tacken against that system preference
13:02 ashimema so you can see a history as it were
13:02 ashimema interesting
13:02 oleonard I made that
13:03 ashimema does it only work for sysprefs?
13:03 ashimema it's pretty cool actually
13:03 oleonard Currently, although I think there have been some suggestions for others
13:03 ashimema just not super obvious how it works
13:04 ashimema I'd love to see it do a 'diff' view for the more complex prefs..
13:04 ashimema like opacheader
13:04 ashimema oooh
13:04 ashimema it does for OPACUserJS
13:05 ashimema that is actually really cool
13:05 * ashimema would love to see that for bug 14233
13:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14233 enhancement, P4, ---, indradg, Needs Signoff , Add logging support to notices and slips management
13:06 ashimema would love some feedback for that one
13:06 ashimema it's a proof of concept at this point..
13:06 ashimema but it's perfectly workable already :)
13:11 Oak joined #koha
13:21 oleonard Can you concatenate a variable and a string in T:T to create a new variable? [% SET $variable  _ "string" = "value" %] ?
13:21 oleonard (I know I can't do it that way, that explodes)
13:22 ashimema er.. I think I've done that somewhere
13:24 ashimema oh..
13:24 ashimema you mean setting a variable name as a concatenated string
13:24 ashimema ooh..
13:24 ashimema not sure
13:24 ashimema perhaps over two lines?
13:25 ashimema [% SET variable_concat = $variable _ 'String' %]
13:25 ashimema then [% SET $variable_concat = "value" %]
13:25 ashimema humm..
13:26 ashimema not sure
13:26 kidclamp is it curlies maybe?
13:26 * oleonard sprinkles curlies around to see what sticks
13:26 kidclamp [% SET ${variable _ "string"} = "value" %]
13:28 Joubu that smells oleonard :D
13:28 Joubu what are you trying to do?
13:28 oleonard I knew you would say that Joubu
13:28 Joubu :D
13:28 Joubu the answer is in $
13:28 Joubu [% SET var_1 = var_name _ '_1' %]
13:28 Joubu [% $var_1 %]
13:29 Joubu but most of the time it's not a good idea
13:30 khall_ joined #koha
13:31 alex_a_ joined #koha
13:32 oleonard Joubu: If I can make it work I'll run it by you
13:33 ashimema :)
13:39 nlegrand joined #koha
13:39 nlegrand Salut #koha
13:41 nlegrand Is there work on an opac equivalent of plugins/ ?
13:41 Joubu nlegrand: Salut! What do you want to do?
13:43 Joubu oleonard: about your previous question. Which screen?
13:43 Joubu oleonard:
13:43 Joubu I am seeing them there
13:44 oleonard Why am I not??
13:44 Joubu
13:44 Joubu this one better
13:44 oleonard The fields show up in the item edit form
13:44 Joubu oleonard: if it's empty it's not there
13:44 nlegrand Joubu: for example, I wrote a plugin that do exactly what do when launch with format=rrs2 ([…]_dsc&format=rss2) the main idea is to custumize the XML without touching sources.
13:45 Joubu only attributes that are set at least once are displayed
13:45 oleonard Ah! Duh. Thank you Joubu
13:45 nlegrand I'd like it to be launch from opac without being identified.
13:46 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "Joubu: An idea for efficiently setting classes for form elements which are required" (12 lines) at
13:47 nlegrand I have other needs (like stack requests) where a plugins/ would be usefull on the opac side, this time with identification.
13:48 nlegrand *useful
13:48 Joubu oleonard: yes, that's the kind of examples where it is useful :)
13:48 oleonard I couldn't make it work
13:50 kidclamp oleonard: so if not required it is blank?
13:50 oleonard That was the idea
13:50 kidclamp what about a hash?
13:50 kidclamp [% SET required_hash.${field} = 'required' %]
13:51 oleonard Mmm... hash.
13:51 cait joined #koha
13:52 kidclamp maybejust required_hash.$field
13:52 oleonard I think that's going to work. Thanks!
13:53 Joubu yes, definitely
13:53 kidclamp nlegrand: you could add an API route
13:54 kidclamp or you add an apache alias to the script, like coverflow used to do
13:55 kidclamp ScriptAlias / "/path/to/plugins/Koha/Plugin/Com/ByW​aterSolutions/CoverFlow/"
13:55 cait2 joined #koha
13:56 marie-luce joined #koha
13:56 nlegrand kidclamp: Thanks! What's an API route ? I was thinking something like an apache alias. But I wanted to check if there were Dos and Don'ts on the subject or a WIP.
13:57 kidclamp[…]gin-simple-search
13:57 kidclamp[…]rch/
14:00 inlibro joined #koha
14:05 caroline joined #koha
14:05 Joubu khall_: I can write the /YAML/YAML::XS/ patch if you haven't started yet
14:06 khall_ Joubu I have not, thanks!
14:06 magnuse hm, on 20.05.06 there seems to be a mismatch between the settings on admin/ and what is displayed in the "holds to pull" table. i check the box to make call_numbers hidden by default. but the column that goes away is the barcodes column. anyone else seeing that?
14:07 oleonard I think there is a bug for that already...
14:08 oleonard Bug 27538?
14:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27538 trivial, P5 - low, ---, stalkernoid, Pushed to oldstable , Cells in the bottom filtering row of the "Holds to pull" table shifted
14:08 magnuse oh and the links like "Jump to: view_holdsqueue | returns | overdues | holds | holdsratios | holds_awaiting_pickup | circulation" are not always in the same order
14:09 magnuse oleonard: no, that sounds different
14:09 oleonard Bug 27655? :)
14:09 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27655 minor, P5 - low, ---, stalkernoid, Pushed to master , Barcode column is missing from "Holds to pull" table preferences yaml file
14:09 magnuse ah, maybe
14:10 magnuse yeah, that sounds likely. i saw it, but thought it wasn't relevant at first...
14:13 nlegrand kidclamp: thanks
14:15 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:18 khall joined #koha
14:23 Joubu kidclamp: can you SO bug 27671 please?
14:23 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27671 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Missing include in
14:26 cait2 as we already had soem YAML discussion going on, can someone help me with bug 27665?
14:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27665 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Clarify usage of matching dropdown on
14:26 cait2 not that one...
14:26 cait2 bug 27662
14:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27662 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, RESOLVED INVALID, Error 500 when mailing list
14:26 cait2 this one
14:26 wahanui somebody said this one was big enough as is
14:27 khall_ joined #koha
14:29 Oak joined #koha
14:30 magnuse wahanui: forget this one
14:30 wahanui magnuse: I forgot this one
14:32 Oak joined #koha
14:32 Joubu khall_: bug 27673
14:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27673 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Replace YAML with YAML::XS
14:33 oleonard dev meeting in 30 minutes? I will probably be late because I have a conflict.
14:33 Joubu tcohen: see bug 27662
14:33 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27662 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, RESOLVED INVALID, Error 500 when mailing list
14:37 Joubu hum I don't recreate on master
14:37 cait2 Joubu++ thx
14:38 cait2 oleonard: yep, 22 now :)
14:40 Joubu tcohen: forget that for now
14:41 cait2 caroline++
14:51 Oak joined #koha
14:54 thd joined #koha
14:59 ashimema oops
14:59 ashimema dev meeting
14:59 ashimema not sure I'll make it.. gotta do some homeschooling
14:59 Joubu yes, be ready, it's coming
15:00 inlibro joined #koha
15:00 Joubu Track suggestion for this dev meeting -
15:01 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021
15:01 huginn Meeting started Wed Feb 10 15:01:04 2021 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
15:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_10_february_2021'
15:01 Joubu #topic Introductions
15:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:01 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
15:01 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
15:01 Joubu qa_team?
15:01 wahanui rumour has it qa_team is cait, dcook, amoyano, ashimema, marcelr, kohaputti, jajm, tcohen, josef_moravec, kidclamp, khall and tuxayo
15:01 Joubu rmaints?
15:01 wahanui rmaints is fridolin, AndrewFH and tuxayo
15:01 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
15:01 kidclamp info Nick Clemens, ByWaterSolutions
15:02 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:02 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_10_February_2021
15:02 tuxayo #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
15:03 Joubu I have ton of things to tell you
15:03 Joubu #topic Announcements
15:03 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:03 Joubu Anyone have something?
15:03 khall_ #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions
15:04 tcohen nope
15:04 Joubu #topic Update from the Release Manager (21.05)
15:04 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (21.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:04 Joubu we push some interesting things lately
15:04 Joubu 1. Bug 20212 is adding all the DataTables features (we implement so far) on the parcel page
15:04 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20212 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to master , Slowness in receiving in acquisitions
15:04 Joubu 2. Bug 25026 is turning on RaiseError on the DB handler
15:04 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25026 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to master , RaiseError must be set for the UI
15:04 Joubu This is a quite big change, the SQL requests that are exploding will not longer explode silently. With bug 26048, a nice 500 will be displayed to the end user (only if not running a dev install).
15:04 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26048 normal, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Pushed to master , PSGI Koha does not use custom ErrorDocument pages
15:05 lukeG1 joined #koha
15:05 Joubu and I forgot the 3rd one
15:05 Joubu Then I'd like to highlight some patches I wrote in the last couple of weeks that need to be discussion/feedback/testing:
15:05 Joubu Bug 25078 - Rebuild the way our upgrade process is done. See comment 17 for screenshots.
15:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25078 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Gracefully stop updatedatabase/installer when a database change cannot be applied
15:06 Joubu There is still a lot of work to do but we need first to agree on *how* that must be implemented.
15:06 Joubu Bug 27526 - Start removing MARC from our items form.
15:06 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27526 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Remove Mod/AddItemFromMarc from
15:06 Joubu It's only a first step, it needs to be tested carefully to let us apply it to other places where items are created/modified. Please test!
15:06 Joubu Bug 27467 - To add the ability to share a "datatable view" with an URL.
15:06 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27467 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Provide a static URL for tables
15:07 Joubu Bug 27344 - Rely on RabbitMQ to schedule the record indexation (ES). That will speed up several workflows (see 27341). If we don't go with RabbitMQ we have to write an async solution anyway.
15:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27344 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Implement Elastic's update_index_background using Koha::BackgroundJob
15:07 Joubu #info be involved on 25078, 27526, 27467 and 27344 (please)
15:07 cait2 #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
15:07 ashimema all interesting work.. all things I have on my list to work through :)
15:07 Joubu that's all for me, any questions?
15:08 tcohen reading
15:08 ashimema I've commented on many, but it would be great to get more eyes on them.
15:08 Joubu There are also things from the roadmap btw
15:08 tuxayo
15:08 Joubu that's moving behind the scene, check the pad regularly to know what's happening
15:09 ashimema I'd like to see some improvements to the task queue system prior to bug 27344..
15:09 Joubu ha, and I am contacting "people" to get their go on removing the installer files for translated languages
15:09 Joubu it-IT answered yes, so far
15:09 ashimema I'm sold on 27344, but I feel strongly that we need to ensure that indexing doesn't get stuck behind long running batch jobs
15:10 cait2 some kind of prioritizing maybe?
15:10 ashimema indexing jobs need their own worker in my opinion
15:10 Joubu ashimema: then you need several workers
15:10 Joubu that's a sysop job
15:10 ashimema except.. currently there's no way to specify what jobs a worker can take on
15:10 ashimema ;)
15:10 Joubu ashimema: but you can have several workers
15:10 * ashimema also wants 'delays' in the job queue system.. but that's another track entirely.
15:11 Joubu if you have 3 workers and 3 big things are running, yes, it will be delayed
15:11 ashimema indeed
15:11 Joubu And I understand your point ;)
15:11 Joubu I had a hard time getting it pushed, it's always hard for me to get back to things I need to pull strongly
15:12 ashimema also.. can our ES implementation cope with running multiple indexing simultaneously ;)
15:12 Joubu ashimema: you volunteered and I will be happy to test :)
15:12 ashimema we pass a 'bulk' call to the indexer
15:12 ashimema if we pass two with overlapping record ids what happens?
15:12 Joubu it's processed twice
15:13 ashimema I feel like we need one worker dedicated to the task.. then it can get through the queue without interuption from other jobs.. and also make sure they index runs are done in order
15:13 tcohen we need some sort of precedence, right?
15:13 ashimema it's processed twice.. that's fine
15:13 ashimema but..
15:13 Joubu I am not saying that's the perfect way of doing it, but it's the easiest for now
15:13 ashimema do we send the record data changes with our call to ES.. or do we lookup the latest version from the DB with each run?
15:13 Joubu and we absolutely need to async this task
15:13 ashimema if we send it along in the job.. then you could have them run out of order
15:14 ashimema and thus have the second run replace the first with older data
15:14 ashimema exactly..
15:14 ashimema so those are the questions I'm asking and reasons I'm asking them ;)
15:14 ashimema anywho.. it's a great way to go.. just needs a little more ;)
15:15 Joubu I am joining you if you want to improve it :)
15:15 * ashimema has soooooo many projects on the go right now..
15:15 cait2 that's a general problem :)
15:15 ashimema but will certainly try to make some time for this one too
15:15 ashimema I did add a bug to clarify the warning on the about page for the message broker
15:16 ashimema that's my very first step at looking at the background jobs code more clearly
15:16 thd Is there a means to sequence separate worker index processes?
15:16 ashimema I don't like right now that we have to change lots of files to list the jobs
15:16 ashimema adding a job type should be as simple as adding a class file to me..
15:16 ashimema you shouldn't then have to list it in various places for it to actually ever get called
15:17 ashimema anywho.. I digress ;)
15:17 ashimema lets move on
15:17 Joubu ashimema: let's discuss this after the meeting
15:17 ashimema +1
15:17 Joubu yes, 1 file should ineherit, and overwrite things. But then it get more complex :)
15:17 Joubu other questions?
15:17 ashimema thd.. not yet ;)
15:18 Joubu #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
15:18 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:18 Joubu rmaints?
15:18 wahanui it has been said that rmaints is fridolin, AndrewFH and tuxayo
15:18 Joubu nothing special?
15:19 Joubu #topic Updates from the QA team
15:19 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:19 tuxayo 19.11: Not much, catching up with the flow of patches resulting from the Catalyst academy :D
15:19 cait2 Not much special for QA I think
15:20 cait2 Please do QA! :)
15:20 Joubu #info Please do QA!
15:20 cait2 Numbers are a little too high for my liking in the queue right now and we have some things from last year still waiting
15:20 ashimema as ever, cait2 has set us a challenging target to try and knock her off the top spot
15:20 ashimema someone help me kick her off ;)
15:20 cait2 you can band up on me, I really don't mind :)
15:20 Joubu cait2 added a new entry on the agenda, "Status of roadmap projects"
15:21 ashimema kohaputti++ # not shying away from the bigger scary QA's
15:21 cait2 yes, kohaputti++ definitely worth a shoutout
15:21 Joubu I will try to prepare it for the next dev meeting, asking the different groups where they are
15:21 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
15:21 ashimema he should get extra points..
15:21 cait2 i think maybe we could do some quick ones for the ones that have people present?
15:21 * fridolin nothing special
15:21 cait2 not going through all of them
15:22 Joubu can try
15:22 Joubu #topic Status of roadmap projects
15:22 Topic for #koha is now Status of roadmap projects (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:22 Joubu #link
15:22 Joubu #topic Improve the reliability of transfers
15:22 Topic for #koha is now Improve the reliability of transfers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:22 Joubu ashimema: ?
15:23 ashimema #info Joonas has QA'd the Phase One tree :)
15:23 Joubu There is a huge pile of things that is hitting my QA
15:23 Joubu queue*
15:23 ashimema #info Looking for someone to QA the final bug on that tree which adds a nice 'Transfers to send' report.
15:24 ashimema #info Phase one adds all the methods we need for transfers to the Koha:: namespace, with clear uses and workflows for each
15:24 Joubu I can try and review it next week
15:24 cait2 #info cait to check the old transfer bugs to give the new work some serious testing once pushed
15:24 Joubu will be mostly off the week after, so... you know what to do
15:24 ashimema #info Phase two will remove the last remaining cases where the C4 methods are used and drop those methods.
15:24 ashimema thanks Joubu :)
15:24 Joubu #toic
15:25 Joubu #topic Performance investigation
15:25 Topic for #koha is now Performance investigation (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:25 ashimema ?
15:25 Joubu It's related to using the task queue for ES reindex
15:25 ashimema :)
15:25 Joubu I need to redo some benchmarks and see if it lower the difference in exec time
15:25 ashimema #info First major identification lead to the backgrounding of the ES indexer bug.. work ongoing :)
15:26 cait2 thx for doing the stats, it's really interesting
15:26 ashimema Joubu++
15:26 Joubu it almost burn my laptop everytime I run the benchmark
15:26 Joubu I bought a new CPU fan, so can continue the benchmark, but I am a bit hesitant :D
15:26 ashimema stick it in a fridge
15:26 Joubu #topic Git repository shrinking
15:26 Topic for #koha is now Git repository shrinking (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:26 cait2 don't kill the laptop
15:27 tuxayo lol
15:27 Joubu I need to start this one! I am really excited about it
15:27 Joubu certainly in March
15:27 ashimema :)
15:27 Joubu #topic Release tools improvements
15:27 Topic for #koha is now Release tools improvements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:28 Joubu ashimema and me, we need to focus on that one, maybe closer from the release, like April
15:28 Joubu #topic Backup splitter on a separate server
15:28 Topic for #koha is now Backup splitter on a separate server (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:28 Joubu we have it!
15:28 ashimema brill
15:28 ashimema :)
15:28 cait2 awesome :)
15:28 Joubu
15:28 Joubu still need to sync the DB from the original server however
15:28 ashimema #info Splitter backup is now available at
15:28 ashimema ah yes
15:28 cait2 #link
15:28 tuxayo confetti!
15:28 wahanui o/`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
15:29 Joubu I've added few commits, like the "Latest patch from" date on
15:29 Joubu to tell us if it's up-to-date or not
15:29 ashimema nice
15:29 cait2 shoudl we add it to the wiki page yet?
15:29 Joubu I will and it will be done
15:29 cait2 ok
15:29 Joubu I haven't communicated on it yet as the DB is still not updated
15:30 Joubu (must be updated every night, I am in touch with rangi)
15:30 Joubu #topic Improve our "news" module
15:30 Topic for #koha is now Improve our "news" module (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:30 cait2 sec
15:30 Joubu There are some (private) discussions, we are in a FQA state for now
15:30 Joubu the idea is to start with what is submitted yet, then improve a bit more the UI
15:30 cait2 #info we discussed the different uses cases and probably a new naming scheme for the future, but moving forward with the move to the Koha namespace first
15:31 Joubu like we should rename this, from "news" to.. "additional contents"?
15:31 ashimema I'll try to get to look at the current submission again soon
15:31 Joubu more info coming in the next weeks certainly
15:31 ashimema +1
15:31 Joubu ashimema: I FQAed it last week
15:31 Joubu but you can fix if you don't want to wait for Josef :)
15:31 ashimema I Josef aware and looking at fixes..?
15:32 ashimema that's kinda what I meant.. take a look, see if he needs a hand
15:32 Joubu I sent him a ping
15:32 ashimema :)
15:32 cait2 i guess it would be appreciated
15:32 ashimema soooo many projects on the go
15:32 Joubu (I did CC you ashimema! :D)
15:32 cait2 but some are moving, that's nice :)
15:33 ashimema ah yes.. so you did
15:33 Joubu #topic Fix OPACHiddenItems [Bug 24403]
15:33 Topic for #koha is now Fix OPACHiddenItems [Bug 24403] (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:33 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24403 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , [OMNIBUS] OpacHiddenItems should hide items everywhere in the OPAC
15:33 Joubu tcohen: around?
15:33 cait2 there are curently no patches to test for this one I am aware of
15:33 Joubu it's ongoing, a bit slow right now but the first step has been pushed already
15:33 Joubu waiting for tcohen to write more things to test!
15:34 cait2 i think that sums it up
15:34 Joubu #topic Handling of errors 500
15:34 Topic for #koha is now Handling of errors 500 (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:34 Joubu that's done
15:34 Joubu (and that's awesome)
15:34 cait2 should we mark it in the reaodmap?
15:34 Joubu see bug 26048
15:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26048 normal, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Pushed to master , PSGI Koha does not use custom ErrorDocument pages
15:34 Joubu it's almost done :)
15:34 Joubu we need to make it pretty now
15:34 Joubu see bug 27555, bug 27556 and bug 27557
15:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27555 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Use psgi_env from errors/* controller scripts
15:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27556 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Improve error pages
15:35 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27557 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Add the ability to display the error that caused a 500
15:35 Joubu waiting for dcook
15:35 Joubu (At least I am waiting for him)
15:35 ashimema :)
15:35 Joubu #topic Developer handbook and documentation
15:35 Topic for #koha is now Developer handbook and documentation (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:35 Joubu this is.. stuck
15:35 Joubu devs don't want to write documentation
15:35 Joubu I think that's the conclusion
15:35 Joubu (we knew that already)
15:36 * ashimema just has too many projects on..
15:36 cait2 I think there was some discussion about how to use a different tool than the wiki maybe
15:36 Joubu yes, that's a big one, and we don't really know where to start
15:36 Joubu rm wiki; mkdir wiki
15:36 cait2 i proposed a fresh start a whlie ago
15:36 ashimema I liked the advent calendar.. but I feel we took on too much too late with that
15:37 cait2 once i get a bit more free time i could try to do some wiki weeding at least
15:37 cait2 it was still very worthwhile
15:37 ashimema perhaps we could do a series similar to it.. but with a clearer timetable that commits us to writing stuff.. but not all at once
15:37 cait2 it would be nice to see these kinds of things also linked to the website somehow
15:37 Joubu maybe we should ask the dev list?
15:37 cait2 it was on social media, but harder to find there
15:38 Joubu on which topics you need more tech info/examples?
15:38 cait2 need to get at least some links on the official pages
15:38 cait2 i tihnk Rest API
15:38 ashimema it was very much a first go.. I'd love to see us do it again next year.. but with more planning and more officially
15:38 Joubu if we get no answer, we can forget about it :D
15:38 cait2 but ithink the calendar covered that?
15:38 cait2 maybe
15:38 cait2 the information in the wiki is very scattered there
15:38 ashimema that was the focus area of the calendar..
15:38 cait2 lots of discussion things where the status is not clear
15:38 ashimema but I've learnt allot since
15:38 Joubu ashimema: it's in my calendar already :D
15:38 ashimema I could happily add a few more articles now I've learnt some more :)
15:38 ashimema awesome Joubu :)
15:39 cait2 it might also be time to review installation guides and such?
15:39 cait2 the more boring things
15:39 Joubu I think that's the only ones that are up-to-date
15:39 cait2 maybe :)
15:40 cait2 what about a series explaining more about the Koha objects?
15:40 ashimema I feel the wiki upgrade has got us stuck for a very long time.. as that's still a work in progress... and may continue to be for some time to come.. I agree.. lets move the dev book to another platform
15:40 cait2 i'd read it... if you start really low barrier
15:40 Joubu ashimema: it's yet another places
15:40 ashimema I sort of feel the guidelines could live in such a place too.. made clearer as an apendix to such a 'book'
15:40 ashimema mmm
15:41 Joubu I am not totally against the idea
15:41 cait2 i think the wik woruld work, but some features currently don't work quite right
15:41 cait2 and i believe we shoudl tidy up some stuff
15:41 ashimema indeed
15:41 Joubu but we will copy some info from the wiki, that might add confusion
15:41 ashimema anyways.. happy to help when we know a direction
15:41 cait2 there is tons of old rfcs that never got implemented as described or at all
15:41 cait2 for example
15:41 wahanui for example is not fixed
15:41 cait2 it can get really ocnfusing
15:41 ashimema the wiki is a mess..
15:41 Joubu we need to obsolete those pages
15:42 cait2 yes
15:42 Joubu ok
15:42 thd Yes, I am stuck with a death of a former employer leaving a mountain of books and other things to address for the past few months,
15:42 caroline I'm happy to help if I can
15:42 Joubu we will take over thd, we need it to be done. I will try to find some time during the next cycle
15:42 cait2 we could still start with a new installation and move stuff that is good maybe? I am not sure it's worth a big amount of effort really
15:43 ashimema +1
15:43 * ashimema like fresh
15:43 Joubu yes
15:43 Joubu that's for later :)
15:43 Joubu good to know we are 4 already
15:43 ashimema Slips: I've not had allot of time to focus on this one yet.. it's likely to get bits of movement soon, but will also carry on into the next cycle.  Migrating the accounts slips to GetPrepparedLetter marks the start of me looking at this again.
15:43 Joubu moving on
15:43 cait2 more than 4 even i think :)
15:43 ashimema ;)
15:44 Joubu #topic Automated updates for translated manuals
15:44 Topic for #koha is now Automated updates for translated manuals (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:44 Joubu ashimema, cait2 , caroline: did something happen?
15:44 caroline no, I'm not sure we decided anything
15:45 cait2 i think we still lack the technical "plan" for it
15:45 cait2 for the automation
15:45 ashimema I worked to get the pull request process working more cleanly
15:45 ashimema that now works.. i.e if caroline goes to the secret tools page, she can request a merge-request to get the latest translations and can merge them into the manual
15:46 cait2 and we might want to branch out 20.11 soon? currently no translations are built at all for 20.11
15:46 caroline I have to remember to do it, which I don't :(
15:46 ashimema as for automating.. I need to talk to rangi or wizzyrea.. so we can do regular rsyncs
15:46 ashimema or use bernardo's server
15:46 caroline I was trying to find how to branch earlier today
15:46 ashimema if the translate server has the space.. perhaps we just use that..
15:46 caroline but that's another matter
15:46 caroline there was the duplication between translate.k-c and manual.k-c that we needed to address
15:46 ashimema the community website server is struggling for space
15:47 caroline )I've had several failed pipes again today)
15:47 cait2 there is some visual ifference in styling, but otherweise i'd be happy if we pointed to the tanslation server for the translated ones
15:47 cait2 maybe need to ask bernardo, as the translation server is struggling a bit too currently
15:48 ashimema I'm happy to get it working.. just need to know what people want..
15:48 cait2 we shoudl still regularly push the po files to another repo... having copies is good
15:48 caroline I'll email bernardo and ask if we can point to his translated manuals or if he has an idea
15:49 ashimema okies
15:49 ashimema next?
15:49 wahanui next is Koha bibliography in Zotero
15:49 * ashimema wants to get out for his walk
15:49 Joubu moving out
15:49 Joubu you will discuss detail off meeting :)
15:50 Joubu #topic Koha Cookbook Project
15:50 Topic for #koha is now Koha Cookbook Project  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:50 Joubu We had a meeting, setup a git project
15:50 Joubu next date is March, for another meeting
15:50 cait2 :)
15:50 Joubu #topic Replace CGI scripts with Mojolicious controllers
15:50 Topic for #koha is now Replace CGI scripts with Mojolicious controllers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:51 Joubu I haven't heard anything about that
15:51 Joubu #topic Write Protecting fields in Koha from being overwritten through import
15:51 Topic for #koha is now Write Protecting fields in Koha from being overwritten through import (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:51 Joubu there are movements there
15:51 cait2 it just got a rebase
15:51 cait2 yes
15:51 Joubu but I haven't followed closely
15:51 Joubu bug 14957
15:51 wahanui i guess bug 14957 is rebased against master I see
15:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14957 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, glasklas, Failed QA , Write protecting MARC fields based on source of import
15:52 ashimema happy to help with QA there cait.. if you wanted to double team it.
15:52 cait2 i'll try to get in touchwith AndrewFH
15:52 cait2 that soudns good
15:52 Joubu ashimema: stop adding stuffs to you list!
15:52 ashimema hehe
15:52 cait2 yeah he is terrible at that
15:52 * ashimema helps with all the things
15:52 Joubu your*
15:52 ashimema "helps"
15:52 cait2 and i am enabling him...
15:53 cait2 lol
15:53 Joubu we will have to limit to 4 topics next cycle
15:53 Joubu or 5
15:53 Joubu or 6
15:53 cait2 and once done
15:53 Joubu ..
15:53 cait2 we can add more
15:53 cait2 no 4 is good
15:53 ashimema well.. I'm not the RM anymore.. so can throw myself into code a bit more again :)
15:53 cait2 and oly can add one from backlog, when one is done
15:53 cait2 finishing?
15:53 Joubu yes
15:53 ashimema 4 is good
15:53 Joubu #topic Actions from last meeting
15:53 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:54 Joubu #action amoyano advertise 15522 and ask the list for feedback [after 20.11 is released], setup a sandbox, etc.
15:54 Joubu will stop to postpone this one I think
15:54 ashimema We need a clear roadmap/backlog to pick of more strictly in general
15:54 ashimema good plan
15:54 Joubu haven't got reply
15:54 Joubu #topic  Review of coding guidelines
15:54 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:54 Joubu "     Terminology list - proposed addition for OPAC: use OPAC instead of opac or OPAC for online public access catalog, including in system preference names. (davidnind) "
15:54 Joubu I don't get it
15:55 cait2 maybe ... or catalog?
15:55 ashimema pass
15:55 cait2 or Opac
15:55 cait2 i had a discussion with him on a bug about this
15:55 * ashimema switches to mobile
15:55 cait2 the rename pref AllowOPACLists one
15:55 cait2 maybe we can ask to clarify
15:55 cait2 but i think it#s about the different spellings
15:55 cait2 int he prefs
15:56 Joubu ok, will ask him and postpone
15:56 cait2 use OPAC instead of Opac or opac
15:56 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
15:56 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 10 February 2021)
15:56 Joubu #info Next meeting: 24 February 2021, 20 UTC
15:56 Joubu is that correct?
15:57 Joubu #endmeeting
15:57 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
15:57 huginn Meeting ended Wed Feb 10 15:57:11 2021 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:57 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-02-10-15.01.html
15:57 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]1-02-10-15.01.txt
15:57 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]10-15.01.log.html
15:57 ashimema Nice one peeps
15:57 ashimema I'm running of for a walk round the block now.. bbiab
15:58 cait2 bye
15:59 cait2 left #koha
15:59 tuxayo Joubu++
16:00 inlibro joined #koha
16:03 cait joined #koha
16:13 Joubu @later tell davidnind Hi David, we postponed your terminology suggestion during today's dev meeting. I put it on the next one's agenda (Feb 24th). Can you have a look and double check it please? Do you mean OPAC vs opac vs Opac?
16:13 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
16:17 Joubu @later tell dcook Hey David, can I count on you to provide patch on 27555, 27556 and 27557?
16:17 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
16:24 Joubu bye #koha, see you tomorrow
17:00 inlibro joined #koha
17:01 fridolin left #koha
17:24 khall joined #koha
17:33 reiveune bye
17:33 reiveune left #koha
18:00 inlibro joined #koha
18:30 oleonard_ joined #koha
18:31 oleonar__ joined #koha
19:01 inlibro joined #koha
19:29 oleonard Anyone care to sign off on a trivial followup to Bug 27652?
19:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27652 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Offer selections for preferences which ask for patron categories
20:01 inlibro joined #koha
20:31 oleonard Bug 27668 is the fruit of my T:T inquiries this morning
20:31 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27668 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Improve validation of patron entry form in the OPAC
20:33 cait thank you :)
20:33 oleonard I hope the larger scope of my changes doesn't hold it up too much
20:33 cait hm i am just a little worried about backporting
20:35 cait usually love your bigger scope things :)
20:35 cait would adding the file have owrked? i could brew up a patch for 20.xx myself then :)
20:36 * oleonard looks at 20.xx
20:41 oleonard cait: 20.xx has the same problem the led me down the path I took today. It's broken. For me the validation errors are shown way down below the main part of the page.
20:41 cait i had tested in in 20.05 to be honest
20:41 cait and then checked hte file was also not present on master
20:41 cait orignal report is even from 18.11
20:45 oleonard cait: Simply adding the validation-strings include would fix 20.05.x I think
20:46 oleonard 20.11.x will require either a full backport or something in between.
20:50 oleonard I would guess that the problem in 20.11.x and above was caused by Bug 20168
20:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20168 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to master , Update of the OPAC bootstrap template to bootstrap v4
20:50 cait ah ok that makes sense
20:51 cait thx for checking!
20:51 cait oleonard++
20:52 oleonard See you later!
21:01 inlibro joined #koha
21:04 lukeG1 joined #koha
21:15 edveal joined #koha
21:58 dcook joined #koha
22:01 inlibro joined #koha
22:07 caroline joined #koha
22:40 khall joined #koha
23:01 inlibro joined #koha
23:26 khall joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary