IRC log for #koha, 2021-01-28

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 inlibro joined #koha
00:29 AndrewFH joined #koha
01:00 AndrewFH joined #koha
01:03 inlibro joined #koha
01:23 AndrewFH joined #koha
01:28 khall joined #koha
01:34 SlackIntegration[m] joined #koha
01:58 AndrewFH joined #koha
02:03 inlibro joined #koha
02:05 AndrewFH joined #koha
02:13 khall joined #koha
02:14 sonOfRa joined #koha
02:33 wynn1212 joined #koha
02:49 AndrewFH joined #koha
02:58 AndrewFH joined #koha
03:03 inlibro joined #koha
03:10 khall joined #koha
03:13 khall_ joined #koha
03:20 alexbuckley joined #koha
04:04 inlibro joined #koha
04:10 khall joined #koha
04:22 mtj[m] joined #koha
04:59 khall joined #koha
05:00 khall_ joined #koha
05:04 inlibro joined #koha
05:09 black23[m] joined #koha
05:17 manjukaliany[m] joined #koha
05:40 aaru_swartz[m] joined #koha
06:04 inlibro joined #koha
06:09 chriss joined #koha
06:12 did joined #koha
06:14 lds joined #koha
06:21 khall joined #koha
06:27 khall_ joined #koha
07:04 inlibro joined #koha
07:06 fridolin joined #koha
07:07 reiveune joined #koha
07:08 fridolin hi tehre
07:08 reiveune hello
07:08 wahanui que tal, reiveune
07:14 liliputech_asu joined #koha
07:21 ashimema joined #koha
07:35 ashimema Morning
07:37 liliputech_asu morning ashimema
07:46 alex_a joined #koha
07:47 alex_a Bonjour
07:47 wahanui bidet, alex_a
07:47 paul_p_ joined #koha
07:51 Joubu postponing yesterday's dev meeting
07:51 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 27 January 2021
07:51 huginn Meeting started Thu Jan 28 07:51:52 2021 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
07:51 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
07:51 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 27 January 2021)
07:51 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_27_january_2021'
07:52 Joubu #info meeting postponed
07:52 Joubu #action amoyano advertise 15522 and ask the list for feedback [after 20.11 is released], setup a sandbox, etc.
07:53 Joubu #info Next meeting: 10 February 2021, 15 UTC
07:53 Joubu #endmeeting
07:53 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
07:53 huginn Meeting ended Thu Jan 28 07:53:09 2021 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
07:53 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-01-28-07.51.html
07:53 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]1-01-28-07.51.txt
07:53 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]28-07.51.log.html
08:04 inlibro joined #koha
08:05 cait joined #koha
08:05 hagud joined #koha
08:06 cait1 joined #koha
08:06 hagud morning, I have added a new facet at elasticsearch, but I am not able to add the labet at facets, anybody has an idea how to do it?
08:17 cait1 you can't do it with configuration I think, you'll have to change the templates
08:18 fridolin joined #koha
08:19 hagud I guess I should edit
08:26 hagud threre is huge differences between indexes in zebra and elasticsearch, should I open a bug explaining didferences? for example topic facets at zebra is just 650$a but ES are 6xx... what do you advice?
08:38 urra[m] joined #koha
08:38 cait1 i think opening a bug for improvements on elasticsearch would be good
08:38 cait1 6xx does not actually make sense
08:38 cait1 as a default as we have some other facets for other 6xx? (places?)
08:51 hagud yes su-geo is places,... subject should be 6xx, I will do all 'required changes' I have found that authority indexes are not defined (some of them)
08:52 hagud mistake subject should not be 6xx
08:55 davidnind joined #koha
08:56 did joined #koha
08:56 cait1 i think ther eis a bug already for improving the elasticsearch defaults
09:01 cait joined #koha
09:04 inlibro joined #koha
09:06 magnuse bug 15522
09:06 wahanui hmmm... bug 15522 is the right place
09:06 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15522 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Patch doesn't apply , New interface for revamped circulation rules
09:09 did joined #koha
09:10 Joubu cait, hagud: bug 27314
09:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27314 normal, P5 - low, ---, nick, NEW , Update default Elastic mapping
09:10 Joubu not much on it however
09:21 cait but a good idea in general :)
09:21 cait Joubu++ btw
09:21 cait thx for looking after translate in the mornings for me
09:26 Joubu Williamson, Catherine 12/18/1930 (90 years) Kid (C)
09:26 Joubu lol
09:31 hagud have you realize the select css is not working for firefox at koha 20.11
09:31 hagud font-family rules are not applied the select dropdown options at any dropdown with firefox
09:31 alex_a joined #koha
09:32 Joubu @later tell oleonard Hi Owen, waiting for your feedback on bug 27440 comment 7 and bug 27493 comment 10 :)
09:32 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
09:33 Joubu hagud: no, haven't realised that. Which rule isn't applied correctly?
09:33 Joubu do you have the line and path of the .scss file?
09:39 khall joined #koha
09:59 hagud In firefox select and option css rules are being not processing css rules from external fonts... I am going to open a bug at bugzilla...
10:02 cait1 joined #koha
10:05 inlibro joined #koha
10:12 davidnind left #koha
10:34 tcohen buen día
10:34 tcohen bon dia
10:41 liliputech_asu dobre bzien tcohen
10:42 liliputech_asu bz 17314
10:42 liliputech_asu bug 17314
10:42 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17314 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Routes to create, list and delete a purchase suggestion
10:42 liliputech_asu dobre dzien
10:54 khall joined #koha
10:57 alex_a joined #koha
11:00 tcohen liliputech_asu: I'll take on it today
11:00 tcohen thanks for the reminder!
11:05 inlibro joined #koha
11:06 khall joined #koha
11:11 fridolin joined #koha
11:28 oleonard Joubu I'll take a look
11:30 oleonard Joubu in return can I ask you a question about Hea installation? It's telling me it can't get a database connection but I've verified the db credentials
11:54 liliputech_asu tcohen: i've did a bit of rebase :)
12:05 inlibro joined #koha
12:07 AndrewFH joined #koha
12:37 chriss2 joined #koha
13:00 oleonard Joubu: I agree on Bug 27493, have attached a followup
13:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27493 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Passed QA , Improve structure and style of checkbox columns in tables
13:05 inlibro joined #koha
13:07 fridolin joined #koha
13:21 Joubu thx oleonard!
13:34 ashimema thanks oleonard
13:34 ashimema :)
13:50 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:55 marie-luce joined #koha
13:59 khall joined #koha
14:05 inlibro joined #koha
14:40 AndrewFH joined #koha
14:55 ashimema oleonard around?
14:55 ashimema or cait
14:57 lukeG joined #koha
15:00 lukeG1 joined #koha
15:05 inlibro joined #koha
15:13 oleonard I'm here now ashimema
15:14 ashimema Search filters on a datatable.. i.e the ones in a column header
15:14 ashimema with 20212 it appears they get reversed
15:15 ashimema i.e 'Search blah blah'
15:15 ashimema as apposed to 'Blah blah search'
15:15 ashimema do you think that's a negative change?
15:16 ashimema also.. any idea's why column widths might differ between an ajax datatable and a non-ajax one?
15:16 oleonard Can you give me an example of the search filter issue?
15:17 * ashimema sent a long message:  <[…]shzQM/message.txt >
15:17 oleonard Hm... Not like what I see on the item search table
15:18 ashimema item search table?
15:19 oleonard I just thought it was odd that neither of your screenshots resembled how it looks on the item search results view
15:20 * ashimema also isn't sure why 'Order cost' wraps on the updated version of the table
15:20 ashimema silly question.. how do I get to item search to see what you're talking about :PS
15:21 oleonard The catalog item search, either from the header menu or the advanced search page.
15:22 ashimema aha..
15:22 ashimema I would say my 'before' shot looks pretty similar?
15:23 ashimema except you have some that are dropdowns rather than pure string searches
15:24 oleonard I don't know what to tell you ashimema, 20212 doesn't apply for me.
15:24 oleonard[…]?p=15409892513019
15:24 ashimema oh really
15:24 ashimema it applied for me only minutes ago
15:24 ashimema it has a tonne of dependencies though
15:26 ashimema second question.. in your knowledge to librarians use the form type filter options at the top left on the acquisitions screen.. this patchset removes them
15:28 oleonard Don't know about that, but I'm assuming there is a way to make that form act as a DataTables filter. We did that on the news page.
15:28 ashimema as new bug perhaps.. if anyone misses them
15:34 oleonard (IMO we should offer a full-featured sidebar filter rather than table header filters... I don't like them)
15:35 Joubu we implemented the ajax based DTs to have column filters
15:35 Joubu It's complicated to have 2 group of filters to filter the same table
15:35 Joubu why don't you like them?
15:36 alex_a joined #koha
15:36 oleonard I think they're awkward, and they make my job harder :)
15:37 Joubu on 20212 for instance we are adding filters on almost all the columns
15:37 Joubu when before we add only a few on the left
15:37 Joubu how do they make your job harder?
15:38 oleonard I don't have direct experience with how librarians use it, but I suspect that a keyword filter would be sufficient for most searches
15:39 oleonard Why they make my job harder: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]g.cgi?id=23565#c2
15:39 huginn Bug 23565: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Add columns configuration and export options to item search results
15:39 cait1 i don't like the search filters muche either .)
15:39 cait1 on the columns
15:39 cait1 and i'd really leave off the "search" word
15:39 cait1 altogether
15:39 cait1 the translations never fit in there and you can't read the last bit anyway *shrugs*
15:40 cait1 I thin librarians tend to miss them
15:40 cait1 and we can't offer hints as easily as in a sidebar
15:40 cait1 or a clear link
15:40 cait1 it's all a bit more narrow
15:42 ashimema funny you should say 'leave the search off entirely' I was thinking the opposite approach.. and only putting 'search' or 'filter' in there.. as you have the column context directly above anyway.
15:44 tcohen I attempted to leave it clear, and add an icon
15:44 tcohen but embarrasingly failed to align it properly
15:44 tcohen fa-search
15:45 ashimema lol
15:46 khall_ joined #koha
15:47 Joubu oleonard: we are no longer using jquery.dataTables.columnFilter.js, it's obsolete. So maybe things have changed now
15:47 oleonard Since Bug 20212?
15:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20212 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Passed QA , Slowness in receiving in acquisitions
15:47 tcohen on that specific table
15:47 Joubu bug 27402
15:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27402 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , Add column filtering to the Datatables REST API wrapper
15:48 Joubu yes, where the REST API wrapper is used
15:48 Joubu so not impacting the existing tables
15:49 Joubu to be clear, I removed the filters in the sidebar because the code was not trivial (and ugly)
15:49 Joubu If there is an open question about it I prefer to not push it
15:49 Joubu because once pushed, nobody will re-add them for sure
15:50 oleonard I don't know why we need both, I think removing it is fine if the table header searches are there.
15:50 Joubu that's why I removed them
15:51 Joubu and keeping both in sync was a mess
15:51 tcohen I think we could re-add them if required, but let's give this a few weeks for people to get used to it
15:54 lukeG1 joined #koha
16:06 inlibro joined #koha
16:27 liliputech_asu left #koha
16:29 cait1 ashimema: leaving it empty would also work for me :) (teh column search header field thignies)
16:29 ashimema :)
16:30 ashimema accessability wise I think we'd need decent aria descriptions
16:30 cait1 i think the text doesn't look so nice there really doubled up, like you sid
16:30 ashimema but toherwise I'm good with that
16:30 cait1 agreed
16:30 ashimema 'Search' or 'Filter' would be my preference.. just to give the extra little hint at what the input does
16:30 cait1 this feeling of being happy that it#s friday tomorrow and slight panic when looking at your todo list that the week is almost over...
16:31 cait1 is it just me?
16:32 ashimema I have an all day training tomorrow so I'm not hugely looking forward to it.
16:32 ashimema but am looking forward to the weekend
16:32 cait1 can you share the topic? :)
16:32 caroline I just want the week to be over tbh... todo list is like the universe, always in expansion
16:32 cait1 lol
16:32 cait1 that's actually too true to be funny...
16:33 caroline lol! like I sometimes say, it's sad and funny at the same time
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20212: Restore price formatting for ecost and replacement_price <[…]3a1107fdbb618b996>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27493: (follow-up) Remove redundant class <[…]1b04d4b95c9deac57>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21851: Compiled CSS <[…]b3821f7760e1a57a1>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27440: Compiled CSS <[…]c058be3355ee8407d>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27493: Compiled CSS <[…]bae244d051f1291f3>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20212: Filter on publisher and notes <[…]14ddafaf81fd7b52a>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26755: Make the guarantor search popup taller <[…]569edef624fd6f452>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20238: Display description of ITEMTYPECAT in search category <[…]65270569aa6c5a40d>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27493: Add styling for hidden columns <[…]65c8ac0ce07b48526>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27493: Set column width for checkbox only columns <[…]8f41a403bf2a6053c>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27395: Add a warning to PatronSelfRegistrationDefaultCategory <[…]5ed918ba1400b5af9>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27440: Improve structure and style of result toolbars in the OPAC <[…]a89c16939c4d6c490>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20212: Remove fix_query and assume ugliness <[…]da22dbb4dc2ed8f18>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20212: Fix query for the global filter <[…]bd42cddb04c505264>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20212: Re-add EAN for UNIMARC <[…]74289b51c3cee531c>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20212: Remove fixedHeader <[…]cf02ea4d98e639a0a>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20212: Use the DT column filtering provided by the wrapper <[…]5b0af2e91876acf86>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20212: Search on fund's name instead of id <[…]48de86cf4f59e0158>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20212: (follow-up) Avoid pagination on full resultset test <[…]1b414451e7cb1f1ca>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21851: Improve style of sidebar forms <[…]b496640d3d552e960>
16:39 reiveune bye
16:39 reiveune left #koha
16:40 cait1 caroline: is there a date yet on branching 20.11? I wonder because of the link in koha
16:41 caroline I do it when I start to receive merge requests for 21.05... I guess we could do it now
16:41 cait1 especially the translation[…]e/html/index.html can't really be updated, because there is no 20.11 translation project yet
16:42 cait1 hm maybe to it next week?
16:42 caroline Hum, right
16:42 cait1 i might send in some more patches :)
16:42 cait1 do it... gr.
16:42 cait1 translating has side effects of seeing things
16:42 caroline lol!
16:43 oleonard Kind of like how writing test plans often shows you how your patch is lacking
16:43 cait1 but we are amost done with 20.05...but i worry that there will be lots of changes so would rather start on translating 20.11 now
16:43 cait1 true
16:44 cait1 a lot of the takss i had for the students came from notes i took while translating the manual, acually all of them
16:44 cait1 the only bad thing is now that they fixed those i will have to translte the parts again :)
16:44 cait1 caroline: no rush, but maybe think about a good time? I can try and work thorugh some more of my notes first maybe
16:44 caroline that's always what I think about when updating the manual... it's like double the work
16:44 cait1 or triple... translate,... fix ... translate
16:45 cait1 but i believe it's getting better overall
16:45 cait1 our manual
16:45 caroline I think so too... bit by bit
16:48 cait1 ok, time to go :) bye!
16:48 cait1 left #koha
17:06 inlibro joined #koha
17:12 khall joined #koha
17:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #194: UNSTABLE in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/194/
17:31 cait joined #koha
18:06 inlibro joined #koha
18:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1547: UNSTABLE in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1547/
19:06 inlibro joined #koha
19:26 oleonard joined #koha
19:28 koha-jenkins joined #koha
19:29 khall joined #koha
19:31 koha-jenkins joined #koha
20:02 paul_p_ joined #koha
20:06 inlibro joined #koha
20:19 khall joined #koha
20:21 khall joined #koha
21:06 khall joined #koha
21:07 inlibro joined #koha
21:12 khall joined #koha
21:33 dpk joined #koha
21:52 khall joined #koha
21:55 dpk joined #koha
21:58 dpk joined #koha
22:07 inlibro joined #koha
23:07 inlibro joined #koha
23:37 nugged_ joined #koha
23:42 khall joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary