IRC log for #koha, 2021-01-21

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:34 inlibro joined #koha
01:07 matts joined #koha
01:34 inlibro joined #koha
02:34 inlibro joined #koha
02:39 AndrewFH joined #koha
02:47 dcook bug 26048bug 26048
02:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26048 normal, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Needs Signoff , PSGI Koha does not use custom ErrorDocument pages
02:47 dcook Arg
02:48 dcook Well that works
02:49 dcook aleisha: I think that the academy could probably handle bug 26048
02:54 dcook That patch took so much out of me lol
02:54 dcook I'm going to go eat lunch and try to regain my senses
03:27 lukeG1 joined #koha
03:34 inlibro joined #koha
03:35 aleisha thanks for that dcook ! i'll ask one of them to test
03:36 dcook Great. Thanks aleisha :)
03:36 aleisha anyone else have patches they want tested urgently? ;)
03:36 dcook hehe
03:36 dcook I'm just excited about this one (and I think Joubu is too)
04:30 lavamind joined #koha
04:34 inlibro joined #koha
04:35 lavamind joined #koha
04:40 lavamind joined #koha
05:34 inlibro joined #koha
06:02 chriss joined #koha
06:08 davidnind joined #koha
06:35 inlibro joined #koha
07:05 fridolin joined #koha
07:06 fridolin hi there
07:06 wahanui bidet, fridolin
07:06 fridolin same for you wahanui
07:13 did joined #koha
07:21 reiveune joined #koha
07:21 reiveune hello
07:29 jsicot joined #koha
07:29 jsicot Hello #koha
07:35 inlibro joined #koha
07:37 ashimema Morning
07:47 magnuse \o/
08:00 alex_a joined #koha
08:00 alex_a Bonjour
08:01 cait joined #koha
08:03 paul_p joined #koha
08:07 lds joined #koha
08:09 cait1 joined #koha
08:25 fridolin joined #koha
08:27 fridolin1 joined #koha
08:35 inlibro joined #koha
08:54 Joubu bug 27503
08:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27503 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jamespfk, Needs Signoff , Rename system preference virtualshelves to AllowLists
08:54 Joubu allow lists?
09:13 ashimema I'm baffled by that one
09:14 ashimema how are virtualshelfs allowlists?
09:14 Joubu no idea but that sounds wrong to me :)
09:14 ashimema I'm now completely doubting my understanding of what the virtualshelves feature actually is
09:14 ashimema yeah, me too
09:14 ashimema sounds like they've got things confused
09:16 Joubu 1495     if ($marcflavour eq "MARC21" || $marcflavour eq "UNIMARC" || $marcflavour eq "NORMARC") {
09:16 Joubu lol...
09:16 ashimema lol
09:17 ashimema anyone here ever test Koha with a screenreader?
09:17 * ashimema is looking for screenreader recomendations
09:17 ashimema seems ChromeVox is a bit buggy but workable
09:17 ashimema orca (the linux wide screen reader) is appalling.
09:18 ashimema I may actually have to boot windows.. first time in a few years!
09:35 inlibro joined #koha
09:50 cait1 ashimema: Allow Lists
09:50 cait1 not allowlist as a replacement for blacklist
09:50 cait1 maybe EnableLists would be better
09:50 ashimema correct
09:50 ashimema but we're not talking about that at all
09:50 ashimema they've replaced 'virtualshelves' with 'allowlists'
09:50 ashimema which I don't think is at all right
09:51 cait1 I think the idea was to replace virtualshelves with lists as the first is not used in thegui
09:51 cait1 but the wording is not there yet
09:51 ashimema the bug is just wrong ;)
09:51 ashimema there should be no mention of 'Allow' at all.. that's not at all what the feature is about as far as I can tell
09:52 cait1 it activated the feature
09:52 cait1 OPACList woudl be better maybe?
09:52 cait1 in correspondence with the cart pref
09:52 ashimema that could work
09:52 ashimema 'Enable/Disable' the OPACLists feature
09:56 Joubu it's not for OPAC only
09:56 Joubu it must simply be "Lists" (and OPACLists if we need to create it)
09:56 ashimema ah yes, of course
09:56 cait1 are lists in staff realy turned off currently?
09:56 Joubu and I bet that's why we never replaced it, "Lists" is a bit generic
09:57 cait1 with the pref?
09:57 ashimema indeed
09:58 Joubu cait1: yes and no
09:58 Joubu :D
09:58 Joubu " Allow staff and patrons to create and view saved lists of books: "
09:58 Joubu but actually the More > Lists is still accessible (same as the "Lists" link on the mainpage)
09:58 Joubu but there are some conditions on this pref in some scripts, like
09:59 Joubu it's not consistent
09:59 cait1 i think it makes sense to still use the lists in staff when it's not offered to patrons
09:59 cait1 so i'd not change the behaviour
09:59 Joubu then we need a second pref
09:59 cait1 i am nto sure
09:59 cait1 we never had a request to turn it off
09:59 cait1 and you need it for merging records in some cases
09:59 Joubu I am just saying it's not consistent )
09:59 Joubu :)
09:59 cait1 no it isn't
10:00 cait1 but Opac would be correct then :)
10:00 Joubu and the pref's description is saying that if you turn it off, you turn it off globally
10:00 ashimema must admit. I find, cart, lists and course reserves mighty confusing..
10:00 ashimema they all seem to do nearly the same thing
10:00 cait1 hm disagree
10:00 cait1 strongly even :)
10:00 cait1 cart and lists may be a little bit similar, but course reserves is a different beast
10:00 ashimema with Joubu or Me?
10:01 ashimema maybe it's not course resverves I'm thinking of
10:02 ashimema rotating collections
10:02 ashimema that's the one I'm thinking of
10:02 cait1 also a very different beast
10:02 ashimema that's basically 'lists' again.. only with a button to say 'get them all here'
10:02 cait1 totating colelctions and rotas are very hard
10:02 ashimema they're all about making lists
10:02 cait1 a list is a patron focused tool in a lot of libraries
10:02 ashimema stockrotation is different
10:02 cait1 no consequence on sirculation
10:02 cait1 and record level, not item level
10:02 ashimema rotating collections isn't
10:02 cait1 so lots of diffrences
10:03 ashimema I could impliment rotating collections as a button on lists
10:03 ashimema 'transfer all'
10:03 ashimema that's literally all it does
10:03 cait1 but rotating are one item out of
10:03 cait1 a specific one
10:03 cait1 lists are record level
10:03 ashimema hum.. I'm not sure your right htere
10:03 cait1 i am pretty sure i am :)
10:03 ashimema but it is a few weeks since I looked at the code
10:14 Joubu @later tell khall Could you work on bug 26995?
10:14 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
10:35 inlibro joined #koha
10:47 * ashimema supposes he should probably leave some of these easy QA's for other QA Team Members
11:12 cait1 if yuhave time please do
11:13 cait1 we are running out of time there, but i will try to get some done in lunch break
11:26 ashimema :)
11:26 ashimema I'l chipping away still. but am in meetings for most of the rest of the day
11:36 inlibro joined #koha
11:36 cait1 kidclamp: reinforcements! :)
11:38 cait joined #koha
11:39 ashimema :)
11:42 kohaputti joined #koha
11:45 oleonard Hi all
11:46 kohaputti ashimema, is bug 22569 needed for the transfer patch set? I probably don't have the time enough to investigate that patch further which I didn't understand and would like to leave it for someone else to do or QA it later.
11:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22569 new feature, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Signed Off , Add a 'Transfers to send' report
11:46 ashimema it's not required.
11:47 ashimema It's the top of the tree and I thought would make testing easier.. as it displays everything
11:47 ashimema at the moment you'd have to look at the database to have a similar view
11:47 ashimema thanks for digging through it kohaputti
11:48 kohaputti Ok, good to know
11:48 kohaputti ashimema, and also if you could still give explanation for the "reason" column test or explain why I'm wrong
11:49 ashimema might just be easier to remove the test.. I've come around really.
11:50 ashimema I'll give that test the chop.. you made a good arguament
11:54 khall_ can do joubu!
11:55 ashimema bug 26995
11:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26995 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Drop column relationship from borrower tables
11:57 kohaputti ashimema, hmm "Bug 25755: (QA follow-up) Clarify POD and parameters" – I think the change done to the code actually makes it now LIFO
11:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25755 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, BLOCKED , Add a Koha::Item->request_transfer method
11:58 kohaputti ashimema, if you think I should comment on the gitlab page I can do it but it lags a lot on my computer so it is quite painful...
11:58 ashimema ah yes..
11:58 ashimema happy to receive comments here
12:00 kohaputti hmm, can there really be multiple pending transfers for item
12:00 kohaputti I mean the explanation besides the FIFO part makes sense
12:01 ashimema ok, I'll add further to the POD (it's for stock rotation and rotating collections)
12:02 ashimema in both cases they use transfers to record the 'need' for a transfer rather than the transfer actually taking place..
12:02 kohaputti ok
12:02 ashimema as such.. they can end up queued.  Prior to this.. they just got nuked with no record :(
12:05 oleonard I added a question to Bug 22150 if anyone is interested in opining.
12:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22150 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, amyking386, Needs Signoff , Make it easier to unselect one member permission after selecting all
12:07 oleonard I'm glad to see that some bugs which didn't make it through the last Academy are getting another chance
12:08 ashimema :)
12:19 kohaputti ashimema, hmm, not sure if this is something the patches here cause or was happening before but I noticed that if I create a new rota with the first stage to Centerville and add item to this rota which is already in Centerville it will still initiate a new transfer even though it is not needed
12:19 kohaputti and in the db the datesent column is null but datereceived has a real value
12:20 kohaputti so it is not very nice
12:20 ashimema that's actually by design and already happened
12:20 kohaputti
12:20 ashimema ah yes.. we could certainly set the datesent
12:20 kohaputti Ok
12:21 ashimema the reason it appears at all is due to how stockrotation uses transfers for it's general record of when an item started at it's stage
12:21 ashimema so that first transfer is suedo transfer that's really used to say "I've been here since date X"
12:22 ashimema must admit.. eventually I like the idea of stockrotation not relying solely on transfers for this logging
12:22 ashimema but this was already growing big and I didn't want to throw even more into it.
12:22 kohaputti Before "Bug 24446: Update StockRotationItem to use daterequested" I think the datesent was set correctly there to be the current time
12:22 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24446 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, BLOCKED , Stockrotation: Update to use daterequested in branchtransfers
12:22 ashimema aha.. okies
12:22 ashimema will take a look in a few mins.. in a call at the minute
12:26 kohaputti I think what needs to be done is initiate the transfer if the item is already at the destination branch
12:27 kohaputti there is already :
12:27 kohaputti +    $transfer->receive
12:27 kohaputti +      if $item->holdingbranch eq $new_stage->branchcode_id;  # Already at branch
12:27 kohaputti so before that line of code we need $->transfer->initiate (or whatver the syntax is)
12:27 kohaputti (in Koha/ sub advance)
12:28 ashimema that makes sense
12:34 kohaputti so calling $transfer->transit if $item->holdingbranch eq $new_stage->branchcode_id;
12:36 inlibro joined #koha
12:36 davidnind left #koha
12:38 bdonnahue2 joined #koha
12:39 paul_p_ joined #koha
12:41 kohaputti hmm, it was not in the advance subroutine.. Gotta dig deeper
12:41 chriss joined #koha
12:42 kohaputti but maybe it needs to be also there. In this case there was no need for advancement to the next stage
12:42 ashimema I can have a dig after my call
12:42 ashimema will need to make sure it's properly tested too as part of it.
12:42 kohaputti it seems to call sub repatriate here
12:43 ashimema aha, that's interesting
12:46 kohaputti hmm, or maybe it was now doing that because the stage had advanced... Gotta dig deeper :P
12:47 kohaputti error: Can't call method "rota" on an undefined value at /kohadevbox/koha/tools/ line 213
12:47 kohaputti I deleted the stages from the rota with items attached
12:50 kohaputti I had two stages there and I think it somehow kept the stage id of the stage I deleted first and then it tried to delete it the second time
12:55 kohaputti probably not cause by these patches I thin
12:57 ashimema those are certainly bugs for me to be aware of.. more than happy to work through fixing them
12:57 ashimema I think they're probably pre-existed as you say.. but bit nasty
12:59 AndrewFH joined #koha
13:13 fridolin joined #koha
13:14 mif joined #koha
13:15 mif Good day everyone! Is the UseKohaPlugins option removed in 20.11, i have lugins installed and i see them but i do not have an option in settings.
13:15 mif Thank you!
13:16 fridolin mif: yes it is
13:17 fridolin mif: they are managed in koha-conf.xml <enable_plugins>
13:17 fridolin Bug 20415
13:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20415 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, RESOLVED FIXED, Remove UseKohaPlugins system preference
13:21 mif perfect
13:21 mif thank you so much
13:28 kohaputti ashimema, the test t/db_dependent/Circulation/transferbook.t fails with error "The reason parameter is mandatory"
13:35 kohaputti maybe trigger => 'Manual' should be added
13:35 kohaputti but the db schema doesn't require the reason but the code seems to require
13:35 kohaputti I wonder if the schema should also be updated to require non-null values
13:36 ashimema Good catch and good call
13:36 inlibro joined #koha
13:36 ashimema Just out of my meeting.. grabbing a quick snack and then will jump on these
13:37 kohaputti transferbook() is only called in circ/ and there it uses the MANUAL reason
13:39 kohaputti I cannot find anyway to do transfer without reason
13:39 kohaputti so setting the value non-null in db seems like the right thing to do
13:39 ashimema i agree
13:39 ashimema only question is.. what about existing transfers at upgrade time
13:40 ashimema and.. as for removing transferbook, that is on my list
13:40 ashimema I wanted to do it in this first round but it turned out really involved..
13:40 ashimema so I moved it to phase 2
13:40 kohaputti yeah, I just checked and we have NULL values in the reason column in production
13:40 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26947: DBIC schema changes <[…]9121b47f65ef9c433>
13:40 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 17229: Fix perlcritic on ILSDI_Services.t <[…]e04d036e9530333cb>
13:40 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27192: Automatically set focus to the item type input box <[…]bd781136745f9a01f>
13:42 kohaputti ashimema, let's leave out setting the column non-null in schema for next bug
13:42 kohaputti just fix the test now?
13:42 ashimema :)
13:43 ashimema I'm going to go back over this chat and add each point as a comment on the gitlab merge request btw.. just so I have a publich tick list to work through..
13:43 kohaputti great
13:43 ashimema I'm happy to keep getting the feedback from here though :)
13:43 kohaputti I have 7 patches still that I have to go the test plan through
13:44 ashimema :)
13:44 kohaputti prove t/db_dependent/Circulation/transfers.t fails as well with the same "reason mandatory" error
13:45 oleonard Meeting in 15?
13:45 ashimema bet I missed those in the latest rebase.. I was sure I'd caught all such cases
13:45 ashimema but all good
13:49 Joubu oleonard: yes, just noticed that. I mistyped the date during the last meeting, modified the wiki page but the event on the agenda. And so we missed it yesterday :)
13:50 oleonard Okay then :D
13:50 oleonard Would love koha-testing-docker to automatically install the Freeform ILL backend because I NEVER remember how to do it properly...
13:50 * ashimema would really like that backend to just be packaged in koha
13:51 ashimema and.. for other backends to be plugins
13:51 ashimema but it seems people are against me on that
13:51 oleonard Oh really? I guess I didn't see that discussion.
13:52 Joubu cd Koha/Illbackends; git clone freeform.url FreeForm
13:52 Joubu I think that works like that after a restart_all
13:52 ashimema wasn't a community conversaton
13:53 Joubu hum, maybe you need to edit koha-conf then (in my case the FreeForm dir is git excluded and I just need to edit koha-conf when I need it)
13:54 marie-luce joined #koha
13:55 oleonard I'm following
13:55 oleonard I think I've got it...
13:59 Joubu ok, let's start it. Not much on the agenda.
14:00 Joubu Track suggestion to get ready -
14:00 Joubu #startmeeting General IRC meeting 21 January 2021
14:00 huginn Meeting started Thu Jan 21 14:00:24 2021 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
14:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 21 January 2021)
14:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_21_january_2021'
14:00 Joubu qa_team?
14:00 wahanui qa_team is probably cait, dcook, amoyano, ashimema, marcelr, kohaputti, jajm, tcohen, josef_moravec, kidclamp, khall and tuxayo
14:00 Joubu rmaints?
14:00 wahanui hmmm... rmaints is fridolin, AndrewFH and tuxayo
14:00 Joubu #topic Introductions
14:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 21 January 2021)
14:00 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:01 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
14:01 caroline joined #koha
14:01 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
14:02 Joubu ok
14:02 Joubu #topic Announcements
14:02 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 21 January 2021)
14:02 Joubu something?
14:02 wahanui somebody said something was broken
14:03 Joubu yes, meetings are broken
14:03 Joubu #topic Update from the Release Manager (21.05)
14:03 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (21.05) (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 21 January 2021)
14:03 Joubu I don't have much to say, nothing new at least and I don't want to repeat myself
14:03 Joubu See last dev meeting minutes for more information
14:03 Joubu #info See last dev meeting for RM updates
14:03 ashimema :)
14:03 Joubu #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:03 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 21 January 2021)
14:04 Joubu not around
14:04 Joubu #topic Updates from the QA team
14:04 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 21 January 2021)
14:04 Joubu ashimema: ?
14:05 ashimema #info QA has been continuing, concentrating on academy bugs this week.
14:05 Joubu I don't have much to push, it would be good to see big things moving a bit
14:05 ashimema agreed
14:05 Joubu it's the good slot to push big stuffs
14:06 ashimema kohaputti has been working through QAing my transfers code nicely
14:06 ashimema and there's been discussion on the news work behind the scenes
14:06 ashimema so hopefully those two will give you some bigger things to push soonish.
14:06 Joubu I am ready :)
14:06 oleonard kidclamp khall_ if either of you happened to be planning a QA day tomorrow... Maybe today instead?
14:07 * ashimema is struggling to keep up a bit at the minute.. customer work commitments taking priority
14:07 Joubu I ca
14:08 Joubu I can QA and push if nobody else is around
14:09 Joubu #topic Actions from last meeting
14:09 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 21 January 2021)
14:09 Joubu #topic caroline send an email to the ML about KohaCon21
14:09 Topic for #koha is now caroline send an email to the ML about KohaCon21 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 21 January 2021)
14:09 Joubu it ha been sent on Dec 2nd
14:09 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]haCon21_Proposals
14:10 Joubu There is one proposal
14:10 ashimema I cleaned up that page allot the other day.. the proposal that had been added was added s plain html which really didn't work well
14:10 ashimema I converted it to wikitext
14:11 Joubu and we announced the call for proposals ended on Jan 15th
14:11 Joubu so... they won? :)
14:12 ashimema ooh.
14:12 ashimema I totally missed that end date
14:12 oleonard There's no reason not to say they won unless there's a rule I don't know about regarding the number of entries required
14:12 Joubu The website says KohaCon2020 and that rangi is a speaker
14:14 Joubu ok, I will rely on rangi and cait for that part. I will send them an email
14:14 Joubu #topic Joubu form a workgroup for the Koha Cookbook Project
14:14 Topic for #koha is now Joubu form a workgroup for the Koha Cookbook Project (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 21 January 2021)
14:14 Joubu Done, we had a meeting last Friday, next meeting in March
14:15 Joubu #link https://meetings.koha-communit[…]15-14.33.log.html
14:15 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
14:15 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 21 January 2021)
14:16 Joubu #info Next meeting: 24 February 2021, 20 UTC
14:16 Joubu I think I didn't mess the date
14:16 Joubu last minute thing to add?
14:16 Joubu hum
14:17 Joubu 4 weeks is 17 actually
14:17 Joubu #info Next meeting: 17 February 2021, 20 UTC
14:17 Joubu #endmeeting
14:17 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:17 huginn Meeting ended Thu Jan 21 14:17:21 2021 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:17 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-01-21-14.00.html
14:17 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]1-01-21-14.00.txt
14:17 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]21-14.00.log.html
14:17 oleonard Joubu++
14:20 kidclamp i can qa some academy today
14:20 ashimema kidclmap++
14:21 oleonard Wow the test plan on Bug 27378 is something
14:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27378 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Needs Signoff , Enable compliance with EU Cookie Legislation via cookie consent
14:21 ashimema wow
14:21 oleonard But thorough is good!
14:22 oleonard Joubu: Is Bug 26048 not really ready for testing? Your last comment makes it seem so
14:22 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26048 normal, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Needs Signoff , PSGI Koha does not use custom ErrorDocument pages
14:22 AndrewFH joined #koha
14:23 kohaputti ashimema, I have finally tested all the patches except the two last ones which you said are optional! So when you have fixed the issues I noticed I'm ready to sign-off after one final run automated tests and checking the diff that comes from your fixes
14:23 ashimema excellent, thanks :)
14:23 Joubu oleonard: it's ready for testing. We will improve things on a separate bug report.
14:24 Joubu you can tell your opinion on the two questions I've asked :)
14:26 khall joined #koha
14:33 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:33 ashimema kohaputti; hmm "Bug 25755: (QA follow-up) Clarify POD and parameters" – I think the change done to the code actually makes it now LIFO
14:33 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25755 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, BLOCKED , Add a Koha::Item->request_transfer method
14:33 ashimema I'm not so sure..
14:33 ashimema we pick 'most recent sent' OR 'oldest requested'
14:34 ashimema so it's is FIFO for unsent requests
14:36 inlibro joined #koha
14:37 khall joined #koha
14:40 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
14:40 wahanui Congratulations!
14:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #189: FIXED in 59 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/189/
14:41 khall joined #koha
14:43 oleonard I've submitted follow-ups to Bug 27410 and Bug 27408 to get them moving along. If anyone is up for a quick signoff?
14:43 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27410 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mazen.i.khallaf, Needs Signoff , Update intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modu​les/members/ to reflect ACC2
14:43 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27408 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mazen.i.khallaf, Needs Signoff , Update intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/members/ for ACC2
14:43 khall joined #koha
14:44 oleonard Except we only seem to have QA here today :D
14:46 ashimema nothing stopping one of us QA's doing an SO
14:49 khall_ joined #koha
14:51 ashimema OK, I've pushed a rebased patchset up now kohaputti with the final followups as a set of QA followups right at the top of the tree
14:52 kohaputti ok, I'm working atm on another bug, will get back to this hopefully later tonight or tomorrow
14:52 ashimema I left that at the top to make it easy to see them, but will move them to sit alongside the relevant bug numbers in the flow once I have your goahead
14:52 ashimema no rush
14:52 ashimema thanks so much for spending time on it :)
14:52 kohaputti np, I need this to fix another bug
14:53 Joubu oleonard: bug 22752 comment 7 - what do you think?
14:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22752 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, vfaafia29, Passed QA , Show if a placed hold is record or item level in the patron account in the OPAC
14:55 lukeG joined #koha
14:56 oleonard I agree Joubu. I'm going to see if there is a good existing CSS class to suggest
14:56 Joubu thx
14:57 alex_a joined #koha
14:58 lukeG1 joined #koha
15:03 ashimema good call
15:03 ashimema seems by fluke the one I tested on line wrapped in the perfect spot
15:04 ashimema I did wonder about using an icon instead of text too.. but didn't want to hold back a new contributor :)
15:05 oleonard I don't think you can express the idea with just an icon
15:05 oleonard ...but I am wondering if we need to specify it's a biblio-level hold at all... Can't we add the text only when it's an item-level hold?
15:06 oleonard
15:06 ashimema that crossed my mind too
15:09 cait1 can we make it "item on hold" or "requested item" ?
15:09 cait1 thinking of translations
15:09 cait1 but i like it
15:09 cait1 going ot leave here... hopefully back a little later
15:09 cait1 left #koha
15:10 oleonard I like "item on hold" better than what I did
15:17 Dyrcona joined #koha
15:22 cait joined #koha
15:30 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22752: (follow-up) Add style; Only show message about item-level holds <[…]961b6cce2d45333c3>
15:30 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 7143: Update about page for new devs <[…]1f266dbf32e2d41a0>
15:30 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22752: (QA follow-up) Add missing filters <[…]85ab87b2cd96a5ee3>
15:30 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25808: (QA follow-up) Fix unit tests <[…]3c11fec70cd73b98c>
15:30 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27406: Update elasticsearch mapping to adhere to ACC2 <[…]f3d307a0dbe976245>
15:30 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27475: Improve link text to define a patron card printer profile if none are... <[…]29f18625141d95dc7>
15:30 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27409: Update members/ for ACC2 <[…]49af740080e1cb7cf>
15:30 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27411: Update tools/ to reflect ACC2 <[…]8ab3d5028d77e7c58>
15:30 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27412: Update tools/ to adhere to ACC2 <[…]e8d2f8ced15704c9b>
15:30 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27458: Set focus for cursor to Credit type code field <[…]b818d47119fee9a6b>
15:30 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22752: Show if a placed hold is a record or item level in the patron account... <[…]05dc55b288985be81>
15:30 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27011: Remove unused $name variable <[…]653acfa47f1ec7768>
15:30 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26982: Typo in system preference UsageStats: statisics <[…]fafd9c724dbcddc51>
15:30 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27457: Set focus for cursor to Debit type code field <[…]8d4cdae5db07c7a0f>
15:30 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25808: (QA follow-up) Add regression test <[…]838093391fe8a21f6>
15:30 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26630: Add OpacSuggestionInstructions options to News <[…]1aa1703950e5497de>
15:30 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25808: Renewal via the SIP 'checkout' message gives incorrect message <[…]44c279367a0c21ab0>
15:31 Joubu @later tell aleisha you got the first 5!
15:31 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
15:33 cait joined #koha
15:34 ashimema what are your thoughts on the pattern we need for monetary inputs oleonard
15:35 ashimema I could have swarn I'd done some testing on that for ACC2 but I can't find my notes :9
15:36 inlibro joined #koha
15:41 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:41 wahanui Congratulations!
15:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1540: FIXED in 1 hr 3 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1540/
15:43 ashimema https://hmcts-design-system.he[…]ts/currency-input
15:44 oleonard-away ashimema: did you see my follow-ups?
15:44 ashimema ooh.. no
15:44 oleonard I switched the inputmode to "decimal" and cribbed a new regex off admin/
15:45 ashimema I think at least some have already gone into master as numeric
15:45 ashimema which bug did you add your followup too.. I've lost track
15:46 oleonard Bug 27410 and Bug 27408
15:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27410 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mazen.i.khallaf, Needs Signoff , Update intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modu​les/members/ to reflect ACC2
15:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27408 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mazen.i.khallaf, Needs Signoff , Update intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/members/ for ACC2
15:47 ashimema bug 27409 will likely need it too
15:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27409 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jamespfk, Pushed to master , Update members/ for ACC2
15:47 ashimema what browser are you using.. I'm sure I tested it when QAing that above bug
15:48 ashimema but those are certainly also currencies
15:48 oleonard I'm using Firefox, so I'm not actually able to test that the "inputmode" attribute works, but I can test the regex
15:49 oleonard khall_++
15:49 khall joined #koha
15:52 ashimema ok.. interestingly the regex doesn't fail in chrome
15:52 ashimema the `[0-9]*` allows decimals for me
15:53 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:53 wahanui Congratulations!
15:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #456: FIXED in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/456/
15:53 oleonard that's weird ashimema
15:54 ashimema indeed
15:59 ashimema but at least I did test it..
15:59 ashimema so it would seem chrome is a bit lax.. I should test with firefox
15:59 ashimema too
16:00 ashimema interestingly.. I also tested on my phone.. again with android chrome
16:00 ashimema the inputmode braught up the right keyboard
16:00 ashimema and
16:01 ashimema let me enter decimals
16:02 caroline joined #koha
16:05 alex_a joined #koha
16:05 fridolin Bug 27511 néhé
16:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27511 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , Don't use NOW() in saved sql last run update
16:10 cait joined #koha
16:11 cait joined #koha
16:22 reiveune bye
16:22 fridolin left #koha
16:22 reiveune left #koha
16:26 liliputech_asu joined #koha
16:27 liliputech_asu hi koha
16:29 liliputech_asu anyone willing to test Bug 7374? freshly rebased!
16:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7374 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, david.roberts, Patch doesn't apply , can't upload icon for auth values
16:30 liliputech_asu uuuuups Bug 7376
16:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7376 major, P5 - low, ---, lari.taskula, Needs Signoff , Transfer limits should be checked at check-in
16:31 liliputech_asu also need qa on Bug 8137
16:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8137 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, Signed Off , Checkout limit by patron category for all libraries
16:34 Joubu what's the recompense?
16:35 liliputech_asu Joubu -> internet points?
16:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #190: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/190/
16:36 inlibro joined #koha
16:37 liliputech_asu Joubu: I wish I could grab you a beer but there is little chance we have a chance to meet any soon. if you can provide an address I could provide you with genepi from the french alps though :)
16:37 Joubu I have a ton already, cannot do anything with that
16:37 Joubu are you bribing the RM?
16:38 oleonard Joubu: liliputech_asu could promise to "like" all your Instagram posts?
16:38 liliputech_asu oleonard: couldn't do that, don't have instagram account
16:38 liliputech_asu nor facebook or what
16:38 Joubu me neither :D
16:38 oleonard liliputech_asu: It sounds like you're not really willing to make an effort for this bribe!
16:38 Joubu all my bugzilla comments?
16:40 oleonard Where's the like button for bugzilla comments?
16:41 oleonard Bug 27509 went from "Needs signoff" to "Passed QA" while I was testing it. :|
16:41 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27509 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , cn_sort value is lost when editing an item without changing cn_source or itemcallnumber
16:42 liliputech_asu well, I guess I should also do my part of testing and signing off patches
16:42 Joubu click [tag], "❤️" then submit
16:42 kidclamp you can sign off too oleonard, the more the merrier
16:43 kidclamp Joubu++
16:43 Joubu not proud of that patch, but cannot find something better :-/
16:44 oleonard I'm putting the signoff in my personal signoff stats even if it won't count on the dashboard.
16:44 kidclamp we could just calc it on every save, but that is overhead for circs
16:44 Joubu kidclamp: we should provide a script at least to resync cn_sort
16:44 * oleonard puts another gold star on his chart
16:44 kidclamp don't we have that?
16:44 Joubu ha, maybe
16:46 AndrewFH I'm ok with quick and dirty, this bug was gross :P
16:47 AndrewFH And we'll have a really happy librarian over here, getting a patch past QA less than 24 hours after she opened her ticker!
16:47 oleonard Don't open your ticker, it's very dangerous
16:47 AndrewFH it's cuter when my finger misses in the other direction and I start talking about tickeys. Not sure what they are, but they sound adorable
16:48 oleonard Petition to change the terminology of Bugzilla to replace "bug" with "tickey"
16:49 jsicot_ joined #koha
16:50 ashimema lol
16:52 kidclamp misc/
16:52 kidclamp I was thinking that, but not sure if it will fix cn_sort
16:56 Joubu it won't
16:57 Joubu it's calling that (stupid) subroutine
17:13 cait joined #koha
17:26 kohaputti ashimema, one instance of "trigger" parameter for transferbook was missed in t/db_dependent/Circulation/transferbook.t and thus it still fails
17:27 cait joined #koha
17:28 ashimema dang
17:28 cait joined #koha
17:28 ashimema I thought I caught both
17:28 kohaputti hmm t/db_dependent/Circulation/transfers.t fails also
17:28 kohaputti there was 3 apparently
17:29 ashimema confused
17:29 kohaputti maybe new one was introduced again when you rebased
17:29 kohaputti oh, there seems to be 11
17:30 ashimema baffled
17:30 ashimema will look right now
17:31 kohaputti at least line 122 of t/db_dependent/Circulation/transferbook.t
17:31 kohaputti line 144
17:31 kohaputti 179...
17:32 kohaputti (or I have wrong version of your patches)
17:32 ashimema checking my local branch
17:32 ashimema thinking I mis-pushed something
17:34 ashimema yup.. I did a second round on transferbook.t but didn't push
17:34 ashimema fixed now..
17:34 ashimema looking at transfers.t again now
17:35 kohaputti ok. I will try to do the final review tomorrow depending on how many prod issues there are, going now -->
17:36 ashimema thanks
17:37 inlibro joined #koha
17:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1541: SUCCESS in 1 hr 3 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1541/
17:46 cait hm great, broke my devbox somehow :(
17:46 cait Stderr: VBoxManage: error: The virtual machine 'kohadevbox_master_stretch_1587845596220_77961' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1)
17:46 cait VBoxManage: error: Details: code NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005), component MachineWrap, interface IMachine
17:48 ashimema did we just break k-t-d
17:48 cait that's kohadevbox
17:48 ashimema missing Email::MessageID
17:48 cait but a hurdle if you want ot qa :(
17:48 ashimema which results in a fail to install
17:48 cait hm that was already added a while ago
17:48 ashimema humm
17:48 ashimema yeah
17:57 cait joined #koha
17:58 cait up updating and restarting seems to have wokred, fingers crossed
18:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #457: SUCCESS in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/457/
18:19 cait oh
18:19 cait has gitea no search functionality?
18:20 cait for searching i the source code
18:20 cait Joubu: ?
18:37 inlibro joined #koha
18:37 justtesting joined #koha
18:39 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #199: NOW UNSTABLE in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/199/
18:40 justtesting left #koha
18:41 testing joined #koha
18:41 testing Anyone here?
18:41 oleonard Yes, people are here.
18:42 oleonard Did we pass the test?
18:42 testing Never used IRC before so please excuse me
18:42 oleonard Do you have a question about Koha?
18:43 testing haha how do I move my bibliographic data from Sirsi Symphony?
18:43 margaret joined #koha
18:44 caroline testing, is there anyway from ssymphony to extract your records in .mrc format?
18:44 testing Yes, I can do that
18:45 caroline then you can either use Koha's interface in Tools > Stange MARC records to import them, OR use the command-line utility bulkmarcimport
18:45 testing that's enough to get me started, THANKS
18:45 caroline You may need to map some things to Koha's specific fields
18:45 testing Oh that makes sense
18:45 caroline I'm pretty sure I read about this in the manual
18:46 caroline try this[…]on_checklist.html
18:47 testing That's great thanks again. I will be back, but probably with a different nickname!
18:49 caroline another satisfied customer :)
18:59 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #64: NOW UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_U18/64/
19:04 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #230: UNSTABLE in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/230/
19:06 cait caroline++ :)
19:07 cait oleonard: still around?
19:07 oleonard Yes
19:08 cait is bug 22150 ok?
19:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22150 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, amyking386, Signed Off , Make it easier to unselect one member permission after selecting all
19:08 cait hm no that one
19:09 cait bug 22152
19:09 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22152 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, eden.bacani, Needs Signoff , Hide printing the tools navigation when printing reports
19:09 oleonard I'll look
19:09 cait method wise
19:09 cait it works fine :)
19:10 cait thx!
19:14 oleonard cait: Looks good to me
19:15 cait thx!
19:15 cait do you want to sign-off? then i could qa
19:15 cait but happy to sign it off right now too
19:20 cait trying to catch up a little bit last minute...
19:21 cait i#ve got over 500 emails in my qa inbox fromthis week still
19:23 caroline yeeesh!
19:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #206: UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/206/
19:26 cait khall++ thx!
19:33 khall np!
19:33 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #202: UNSTABLE in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/202/
19:35 cait khall: there shoudl be quite a few easy ones i signed off the last hour or so
19:35 caroline ashimema: are you on the clock right now?
19:36 ashimema Nope
19:36 ashimema But... What's up?
19:36 caroline would you mind creating a project in gitlab for the cookbook?
19:36 aleisha joined #koha
19:36 caroline in the koha-community group
19:37 caroline (not sure of the terminology)
19:37 inlibro joined #koha
19:37 ashimema Did we sebtle on the format in the end.. same as the manual?
19:38 aleisha hi all
19:38 caroline that's what I remember
19:38 caroline I can't find it in the minutes though... :(
19:38 caroline https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-01-15-14.33.html
19:39 ashimema Haha, me either
19:39 ashimema But thats also what I vaguely remember
19:39 caroline I created the template in rst, same as the manual
19:39 aleisha yay Joubu !!
19:40 tuxayo Hi #koha :)
19:40 oleonard Hi aleisha and tuxayo
19:41 tuxayo cait: Our Gitea doesn't have code search feature enabled it seems
19:42 tuxayo o/ oleonard
19:42 cait ah too bad, i like that to uqickly look up methods and such
19:43 cait hi aleisha!
19:43 ashimema Just grabbing the laptop
19:44 ashimema I'm sure we can enable it
19:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U2010 build #99: NOW UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.05_U2010/99/
19:49 tuxayo cait: I feel you, for me it's the file finder (press T in Gitlab) that's I'm missing, unfortunately, the feature doesn't exist in Gitea.
19:52 ashimema Just working out how to add one for you Caroline
19:53 caroline thanks!
20:02 ashimema
20:04 ashimema let me add some scaffolding though.. right now it's very bare
20:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1542: SUCCESS in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1542/
20:14 caroline would someone be against normalizing Show/Don't show vs Display/Don't display in the sysprefs?
20:14 caroline by normalizing, I mean choose one and change the others?
20:15 oleonard Sounds good to me caroline
20:15 caroline any preference between the two?
20:16 oleonard I think I prefer Show
20:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #65: STILL UNSTABLE in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_U18/65/
20:33 ashimema there we are caroline
20:34 caroline wow thank you so much!
20:35 ashimema it auto-builds so you have a preview at
20:35 ashimema very much a starter file in the index.rst right now ;)
20:35 ashimema an unthemed ;)
20:36 ashimema just adding you as a member
20:37 inlibro joined #koha
20:39 ashimema right.. for now you and cait are the big bosses.. with the usual suspects as backup ;)
20:39 cait meee?
20:40 caroline ashimema++
20:40 * caroline will work on her recipe this weekend
20:41 caroline and because it countains flour, I will eat it all by myself *evil laugh*
20:41 ashimema @later tell Joubu do we think it's viable to enable code indexing in our gitea?
20:41 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
20:41 ashimema hahaha
20:41 ashimema fantastic
21:33 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #289: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/289/
21:37 inlibro joined #koha
21:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #360: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/360/
21:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #293: SUCCESS in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/293/
21:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U16 build #43: SUCCESS in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_U16/43/
21:48 aleisha hi oleonard and cait
21:48 aleisha thanks to the community for their speedy testing and passing! makes it so special for the students
21:49 cait wish i had been around a little omre this week
21:49 cait but glad it worked out overall :)
21:50 aleisha they've done lots of great work
21:50 aleisha spent ages this morning trying to list all of the bugs that have now passed qa or been pushed
21:55 cait :)
22:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U20 build #187: UNSTABLE in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U20/187/
22:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D10 build #123: UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_D10/123/
22:37 inlibro joined #koha
23:13 oleonard aleisha: I was very happy to have had lots of patches to test!
23:13 aleisha :D
23:15 aleisha cait, everyone wants to say thank you for staying up! and to everyone else toO!
23:15 cait oleonard: do we need to add the itemtype images to opac and staff still?
23:16 cait I think lots of hands involved here!
23:16 cait will there be pizza soon?
23:16 oleonard Oh yeah OPAC needs a patch too eh
23:17 cait yep, just confirmed it too
23:19 cait there goes them being happy about me staying awake!
23:26 aleisha yes pizza is not far away!
23:38 inlibro joined #koha
23:38 cait aleisha: can you maybe catch the ones working on new itemtype images?
23:38 cait we need the files always in both the tmpl for opac and intranet
23:40 aleisha they've all finished up now!
23:40 aleisha they might have time to fix it up after lunch
23:40 cait ok, just noticed a new one coming in, so assumed they hadn't seen the comments i left on the other bugs yet
23:40 cait enjoy pizza, slightly jealous :)
23:41 cait I've got good pizza memories of nz
23:50 cait good night and all the best to the students!
23:51 aleisha night! thanks again!

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary