IRC log for #koha, 2020-12-10

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:04 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U16 build #26: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_U16/26/
00:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #146: STILL UNSTABLE in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/146/
00:37 inlibro joined #koha
01:14 JBoyer joined #koha
01:37 inlibro joined #koha
02:37 inlibro joined #koha
02:43 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
02:43 wahanui Congratulations!
02:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U2010 build #65: FIXED in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]_Master_U2010/65/
03:37 inlibro joined #koha
04:37 inlibro joined #koha
05:38 inlibro joined #koha
06:01 did joined #koha
06:01 chriss joined #koha
06:38 inlibro joined #koha
07:02 davidnind joined #koha
07:18 magnuse \o/
07:28 alex_a joined #koha
07:28 alex_a Bonjour
07:28 wahanui salut, alex_a
07:29 reiveune joined #koha
07:29 reiveune hello
07:38 inlibro joined #koha
07:56 lds joined #koha
07:59 cait joined #koha
08:01 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:17 fridolin joined #koha
08:18 fridolin hi there
08:18 cait1 joined #koha
08:30 ashimema Mornin'
08:31 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
08:32 nlegrand joined #koha
08:32 nlegrand bonjour!
08:38 inlibro joined #koha
09:38 inlibro joined #koha
09:43 did joined #koha
09:50 liliputech_asu joined #koha
09:56 davidnind left #koha
09:57 fridolin Bug 27188
09:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27188 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , Show current class in plugins home
09:57 fridolin always better plugins ;)
10:11 domm hey, is there a standard way to distribute/version-control/manage changes to the DB-Config? We need to do a lot of adaptions to various settings and MARC21 mapptings etc. Currently this is done manually in the DB. But we need a way to get those changes to our dev machines etc...
10:18 Oak joined #koha
10:31 alex_a joined #koha
10:38 inlibro joined #koha
10:44 Joubu domm: I would create an idempotent "atomic update" entry
10:44 Joubu domm: cp installer/data/mysql/atomicupd​ate/{skeleton,your_file}.perl
10:45 Joubu then edit it and create the SQL queries you need (making sure it will be idempotent)
10:45 Joubu commit it
10:45 Joubu and you will run the script
10:46 Joubu hope I understood correctly what you were asking for :)
10:46 ashimema that's how I do it at ptfs-e
10:46 ashimema we have a couple of idempotent atomicupdate files for such things
10:59 domm ok, perfect
11:00 domm I was quite sure you had something like this in place already :-)
11:05 fridolin joined #koha
11:06 Oak joined #koha
11:21 khall joined #koha
11:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U20 build #8: SUCCESS in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.11_U20/8/
11:25 khall joined #koha
11:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D10 build #24: SUCCESS in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_D10/24/
11:29 koha-jenkins joubu: Bug 25583: Improve wording
11:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25583 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to stable , When ClaimReturnedLostValue is not set, the claim returned tab doesn't appear
11:33 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U18 build #8: SUCCESS in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.11_U18/8/
11:36 oleonard joined #koha
11:36 liliputech_asu joined #koha
11:37 oleonard Hi #koha
11:39 khall joined #koha
11:39 inlibro joined #koha
11:39 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D9 build #15: SUCCESS in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.11_D9/15/
11:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U2010 build #10: SUCCESS in 1 hr 2 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.11_U2010/10/
11:45 tuxayo hi #koha o/
11:50 lilipute1h_asu joined #koha
11:54 oleonard Hi tuxayo
11:57 Oak joined #koha
11:59 kohaputti joined #koha
11:59 kohaputti docker 5 jenkins instance should be available again, I just deleted the docker log file that had consumed all the space on the machine
11:59 kohaputti mtj, ^
12:02 Oak joined #koha
12:07 kidclamp ashimema++
12:08 mtj thanx kohaputti!
12:11 tuxayo hi kohaputti hi mtj Is there a way to know if a job can be run on all runners? I heard that it needed manual work in the runner, symlinking something.
12:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U16 build #9: SUCCESS in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.11_U16/9/
12:13 kohaputti tuxayo, hi, I don't know how the jenkins setup works, hopefully mtj or tcohen has better knowledge
12:15 mtj hi tuxayo, if the build has 'delete workspace when build is done' in the 'post-build actions' section
12:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D11 build #20: SUCCESS in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_D11/20/
12:16 koha-jenkins joubu: Bug 25583: Improve wording
12:16 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25583 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to stable , When ClaimReturnedLostValue is not set, the claim returned tab doesn't appear
12:17 mtj will delete temp files after it has finished, so can be run on all nodes
12:18 mtj tuxayo: builds can have 'delete workspace before build starts' too
12:19 mtj ^ if builds have these 2 options set, they can be used on all nodes and not accumulate disk space
12:19 tuxayo mtj: great :) should I add the post-build action if I find a 19.11 build that lacks it?
12:20 tuxayo Should all build have both?
12:20 mtj i think yes
12:22 mtj also, 'honor refspec on inital clone' and 'shallow clone' git options selected
12:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U16 build #10: SUCCESS in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_U16/10/
12:26 tuxayo thanks mtj , I'll check the 19.11 builds
12:39 inlibro joined #koha
12:46 tuxayo mtj: can I note the 4 recommendations as a draft section in this page? https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]nkins_maintenance
12:46 tcohen tuxayo if builds are using shallow clones copying fomr /srv/jenkins/workspace/Koha_Source, they need no symlink
12:46 tuxayo great!
12:48 mtj tuxayo: sounds good to me
12:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_CPAN build #146: FAILURE in 4 min 12 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_CPAN/146/
12:53 mtj Joubu has a nice idea to fetches from local git repos, for each nodes - to save some network traffic
12:55 fridolin joined #koha
12:57 tuxayo very nice
12:57 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_CPAN build #147: STILL FAILING in 2 min 37 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_CPAN/147/
12:58 tuxayo hmm, even without modification, when I save a job I get "A problem occurred while processing the request."
12:59 tuxayo Meanwhile, here are the notes with the recommendations:
12:59 tuxayo https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]n_recommendations
13:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U16 build #137: UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U16/137/
13:21 ashimema easy QA on bug 27178 ;)
13:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27178 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , OPAC results and lists pages contain invalid attributes (xmlns:str="")
13:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #957: SUCCESS in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/957/
13:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #158: SUCCESS in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/158/
13:33 Joubu kidclamp: following "Elasticsearch 6 on Koha 20.05 - Reindexing Failure" on the ML, did you also face this problem?
13:33 Joubu it's related to missing auth types, like CHRON_SUBD
13:34 Joubu it's commented in the installer file, with a comment:
13:34 Joubu[…]al_marc21.sql#L37
13:34 Joubu (it's fr-CA but it was commented in 'en' as well before we moved to yml where it has been completely removed)
13:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #453: SUCCESS in 1 hr 1 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/453/
13:37 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #477: SUCCESS in 1 hr 5 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/477/
13:39 inlibro joined #koha
13:42 Joubu mtj: this ^ is weird. I haven't pushed anything today but some Koha_Master jobs have been triggered (and not all)
13:42 Joubu mtj: like https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/158/
13:42 Joubu "Started by an SCM change"
13:44 Joubu ha
13:44 Joubu but previous run was on Nov 20th
13:44 Joubu so it hasn't been triggered yesterday when it should have been
13:45 alex_a joined #koha
13:47 liliputech_asu joined #koha
13:52 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D10 build #105: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_D10/105/
14:01 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #344: STILL UNSTABLE in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/344/
14:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #272: SUCCESS in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/272/
14:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #278: SUCCESS in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/278/
14:23 caroline Anyone around know how to rebuild the manual to have the latest translations applied?
14:24 caroline bernardo says "After that, the manual should be rebuilt, which I think is done automatically on each commit. If not, someone must rebuild it manually"
14:24 cait1 it is not
14:24 cait1 or not the ones on the website at least?
14:24 cait1 we had long discussions about that and never got anywhere with it :(
14:24 caroline it is not rebuilt on each commit you mean?
14:25 cait1 bernardos rebuilts nightly, i have no idea for those on the website
14:25 cait1 but the po files are never updated
14:25 cait1 so it might update the manual, but never with the new translations
14:25 cait1 if you want to see your translations, you need to go to
14:25 caroline just before that he said "to update the manual in k-c site you need first to update the po files in the main repository (20.05 branch) using the pull request"
14:25 cait1 the ones Bernardo does
14:26 caroline which i did
14:26 cait1 the ones on the website are separate
14:26 cait1 aah
14:26 cait1 ok
14:26 cait1 then it could work
14:26 caroline So the only thing left is rebuild
14:26 cait1 i really wish we'd automate that
14:26 caroline same
14:26 cait1 i believe that might happen automatically
14:26 cait1 did you do it for all languages?
14:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U20 build #167: SUCCESS in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U20/167/
14:27 caroline I did the pull request for 20.05 (there is no option for language)
14:27 cait1 hm
14:27 caroline
14:27 cait1 did the rmaint integrate it?
14:27 caroline aren't I the rmaint of the manual?
14:27 cait1 yes... i am confused
14:27 cait1 sorry, long days
14:27 caroline lol!
14:28 cait1 was thinkign koha po files
14:28 cait1 well... the other po files
14:28 cait1 when did you do it?
14:28 caroline Dec 4 (last week)
14:29 cait1 hm and they are not there?
14:29 cait1 © Copyright 2020, Koha Community                Last updated on 2020-12-09 22:45:10.        < from the bottom of the manuals
14:29 cait1 it looks like they do get updated/changed
14:29 caroline nope
14:29 cait1 Joubu: ping?
14:30 * ashimema reads up
14:30 cait1 oh ok
14:30 caroline I compare the OPAC chapter on https://translate.koha-communi[…]g/zh_TW/man20.05/ and[…]20.05/zh_TW/html/
14:30 cait1 the 20.11 one got updated
14:30 cait1 but the 20.05 not
14:30 Joubu I don't understand what you are trying to resolve
14:30 cait1 Joubu: we need the 20.05 manuals on the website updated and don't know who can do it
14:30 cait1 they don't seem to update automatically
14:30 caroline I'm trying to apply the lastest translations on 20.05 manual
14:30 cait1 last updated on de-DE from the website reads:  2020-05-14 22:37:24
14:31 Joubu hum ok, let me check
14:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U16 build #27: FAILURE in 1 hr 12 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_U16/27/
14:31 Joubu[…]er/.gitlab-ci.yml
14:31 Joubu we are only doing it for master
14:32 Joubu lines 34 and 35
14:32 caroline is it possible to do it manually?
14:33 caroline do I have to copy that line?
14:33 caroline rsync etc.
14:33 lukeG joined #koha
14:33 ashimema nope
14:33 ashimema you won't be able to rsync.. the key is private and stored securely on gitlab
14:33 Joubu only rangi can do it
14:33 ashimema but
14:34 ashimema that same line appears for each branch in the ci file so sohuld be working
14:34 caroline ok I'll @later him then
14:34 ashimema though.. it looks to me like the 'only' is setup incorrectly for some older branches
14:34 caroline I always forget to ask when NZ working hours come around
14:34 ashimema I'e fixed this at least once before
14:34 ashimema right..
14:34 ashimema so...
14:35 ashimema the 'only' needs to reflect the branch you are on
14:35 ashimema[…]gitlab-ci.yml#L34
14:35 Joubu cait1: point him to the .gitlab-ci.xml and tell him we need to update 20.05 "manually"
14:35 ashimema that's the 19.11 branch which works
14:35 Joubu well yes, ashimema is right. Or we can fix the things :D
14:35 ashimema[…]gitlab-ci.yml#L34
14:35 ashimema for the 20.05 one it's set to point to master..
14:36 caroline @later tell rangi can you rebuild the 20.05 manuals in order to have the latest translations applied?
14:36 huginn caroline: The operation succeeded.
14:36 ashimema so.. when we branched we didn't update the ci file properly
14:36 lukeG joined #koha
14:36 ashimema I can fix it now if you want caroline
14:36 caroline Will it work automatically in the future if you fix it like this?
14:36 Joubu no
14:37 Joubu that's something you/we should add to the "branch the last stable for the manual" workflow
14:38 caroline I meant if the line is changed properly, will the manuals rebuild regularly?
14:38 ashimema yes
14:38 caroline ok that's good
14:38 ashimema but translations is a different thing
14:38 ashimema can't believe we hadn't spotted that the 20.05 manuals were not getting built :(
14:39 ashimema you can see the pipeline is running now if you take a look at the page
14:39 caroline I think the fr-FR team mentioned it once, but we asked for examples and they never replied
14:39 ashimema[…]ree/manual20.05.x
14:39 inlibro joined #koha
14:39 ashimema see the blue progress meter next to the most recent commit
14:39 caroline ashimema++
14:39 ashimema if you hover over it, it says 'Pipeline running'
14:40 caroline what is a pipeline?
14:40 ashimema well.. actually that build will have not just een translations but anything you backported since may will not have been published
14:40 ashimema a 'pipeline' is just some code that runs
14:40 ashimema i.e the gitlab-ci.yml file describes the pipeline
14:40 ashimema[…].x/.gitlab-ci.yml
14:41 ashimema it's how gitlab does 'stuff' when you push
14:41 ashimema or emrge
14:41 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
14:41 wahanui Congratulations!
14:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_CPAN build #148: FIXED in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_CPAN/148/
14:41 caroline ok before we often had pipeline fails
14:41 caroline but not anymore
14:41 ashimema as for the translations side of things.. I thought we'd got those pulling from pootle regularly too.. seems not :(
14:42 caroline I think rangi did something to prevent the fails
14:42 ashimema if you have a pipeline fail.. you should poke myself, joubu, tcohen or rangi to come fix it ;)
14:42 caroline ok will do :)
14:43 caroline seems pulling translations is manual right now
14:43 ashimema actually.. that just gave me an idea... of how you could have your cake and eat it too with the whole not wanting to branch yet discussion
14:44 * caroline likes cake
14:44 cait1 ashimema: but it looks like caroline can handle that part manually now at least
14:45 cait1 that's a little progress... and i hsould really scroll down to the end first
14:45 ashimema hehe
14:45 ashimema I could have sworn we'd agreed to automate it..
14:45 cait1 lol yes
14:45 cait1 but then you guys never figured out how!
14:45 ashimema but then, I have vague recollections of bernardo, joubu and I all stepping on each others toes at the time
14:45 ashimema so I backed away
14:46 cait1 i think we didn't figure out the technical way
14:46 ashimema well.. it kinda already happens.. bernardo does it on the translations server..
14:46 cait1 yes
14:46 cait1 so we could either move the already done work
14:46 ashimema we just don't yet push that to the community server as well
14:46 ashimema I thought we did
14:46 cait1 like the files
14:46 cait1 but we also shoudl find a way to get the po files submitted to the main repo
14:46 Joubu it is automated
14:46 Joubu for master
14:47 cait1 caroline just updated the po files
14:47 Joubu that was how it was supposed to work when I set it up with rangi 3y ago
14:47 cait1 i don't think it is
14:47 cait1 the po files bernardo makes are not making their way into the manual repo
14:47 cait1 which is used for the website builds
14:48 cait1 you build the translated manuals, but without the latest translations
14:48 khall_ joined #koha
14:50 caroline what's your idea for the branching ashimema? (still waiting to have my cake and it eat)
14:50 ashimema a double rsync
14:50 caroline In French the saying is "having the butter and the money from the butter"
14:51 Joubu (that's the nice version)
14:51 ashimema i.e. push the master branch for both 20.11 and 21.05 directories
14:52 ashimema we'll see in a minute if it works
14:52 ashimema the pipeline is running ;)
14:53 ashimema when you do decide you're happy to branch.. let me know caroline and i'll try to help.. it will need a couple of commits on that ci file to get things right
14:54 caroline does the not nice version involve the milkmaid or something?
14:54 caroline ashimema: cool! thanks!
14:55 ashimema so.. translations wide
14:55 ashimema * so.. translations wise
14:55 ashimema did you say you'de just merged them or something?
14:55 ashimema I'm not seeing a commit anywhere for that?
14:56 caroline I asked Bernardo and he said I had to first pull using this tool and then rebuild
14:56 ashimema in fact.. that last thing I see on 20.05 is from 3 months ago
14:56 Joubu oui, la crémière
14:56 Joubu things are not backported, that's why only master was updated :)
14:57 caroline Yes like I said last time, I only backport if the writer specifies it's for a version
14:57 ashimema but I thought caroline was backporting some things
14:57 ashimema I'm confused again
14:57 ashimema right... so what have you done so far on the translations front
14:58 ashimema it sounded like you were trying to get them into the community facing manuals
14:58 caroline nothing expect pull 20.05 last week
14:58 caroline *except
14:58 ashimema pulled locally
14:58 ashimema so not pushed the change to gitlab?
14:59 caroline no I wasn't aware I had to push :(
14:59 ashimema ok
14:59 ashimema Joubu.. how did you say you had it setup with rangi?
14:59 ashimema it looks to me like bernardo has replicated how we do koha releases..
14:59 caroline Here's what Bernardo said "It's exactly that, we need someone to update the corresponding branches of the repository (I can't)
14:59 caroline For that you can use to get a pull request to merge updates from pootle into the main repo.
14:59 caroline You only need to fill in an email and select the manual branch."
14:59 caroline then "to update the manual in k-c site you need first to update the po files in the main repository (20.05 branch), using the pull request.
14:59 caroline After that the manual should be rebuilt, which I think is done automatically on each commit.
14:59 caroline If not, someone must rebuild it manually."
15:00 ashimema riiiiight
15:00 ashimema so.. you have a local git repo on your system right..
15:00 caroline yes I have my gitlab
15:00 ashimema and you checked out the branch bernardo points to in the email?
15:00 caroline (my version of the manual)
15:01 caroline no I only filled the online tool
15:01 ashimema have you got the email it sends?
15:02 caroline yes
15:02 caroline The following changes since commit 6b2330314ed09e771fc07b9aa7a7261d2dfae8fe:
15:02 caroline taiga830 (2020-09-17 21:42:54 +0000)
15:02 caroline are available in the git repository at:
15:02 caroline
15:02 caroline for you to fetch changes up to 6a8a7cde3827150498ffd6250df35aae9fab0726:
15:02 caroline Translation update - Koha manual 20.05 - 20201204 (2020-12-04 11:03:20 -0300)
15:03 caroline then a list of files
15:04 ashimema OK.. give me a few minutes.. I'm going to find the script on the translation server and see if I can update it to submit a merge request directly on gitlab for you.. then it should be a simple matter of clicking the merge button
15:04 caroline that would be great! <3
15:05 caroline I have to leave soon (partner has appt. at the hospital) hopefully I'll be back in time for the docs meeting later *crosses fingers*
15:07 ashimema blimey.. he wrote this in C
15:08 Joubu ashimema: no
15:08 Joubu there is a bash script
15:09 ashimema yeah.. I see it
15:09 ashimema a bash script.. that's called by a C program.. that's called by a php script..
15:09 ashimema hahahahaha
15:16 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:16 wahanui Congratulations!
15:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U16 build #28: FIXED in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_U16/28/
15:19 kidclamp Joubu: yes - we could add those types to avoid that issue, though we don't really support them
15:19 kidclamp i.e. Records of those types aren't going to be linked to authorities
15:39 inlibro joined #koha
15:41 lukeG1 joined #koha
15:47 marie-luce joined #koha
15:56 ashimema caroline.. if you spot a new merge request from me in the next few mins.. ignore it..
15:56 ashimema I'm testing some things locally
16:07 ashimema anyone got any idea's where i can find out what version of git introduced a feature?
16:07 ashimema I want to use `git push --push-option` but can't for the life of me work out what version of git I need
16:11 Joubu "With Git 2.10 a new option came [--push-option=]."
16:11 Joubu[…]ption-in-git-push
16:11 Joubu trust it or not :D
16:17 ashimema thanks :)
16:17 ashimema so, caroline.. I've asked permission to update the git version on the translate server.. then once that's done the process will create a nice merge-request you can just click to merge onces it's done.
16:18 ashimema you'll still need to ask for the translations to be built each time you want them.. for now.. but the merge request should be a bit more managable. :)
16:18 ashimema to get you started.. you should be able to see such a merge request for the 20.05 branch already..
16:18 ashimema that one is from my repo however.. it's just a clone of what bernardo creates so I could test the workflow locally :)
16:19 ashimema so.. hit the merge button and you should find the translations get merged and built
16:26 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
16:26 reiveune bye
16:26 reiveune left #koha
16:36 fridolin left #koha
16:37 oleonard If any QA folks are around can I suggest Bug 26392?
16:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26392 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , Wrap all translatable strings in
16:37 oleonard I'd love to see that move forward.
16:40 inlibro joined #koha
16:50 tuxayo Me too, I'm not sure to understand the current state of the bug.
16:50 tuxayo Discussion about whether or not we should use t() everywhere which is more work for devs?
16:51 ashimema I think the arguments were mostly around performance.. and I think jajm proved that was a non-issue?
16:52 ashimema personally, I'm generally for consistency.. if we can get consistent about it, it's no more work for devs because there's nice clear examples everywhere on how to do it.. so it just becomes a yellow brick road.. even if initially it may feel harder
16:53 ashimema it's like adding the filters.. it just happens most of the time now as second nature.
16:54 oleonard IMO the opposition the syntax is not strongly supported
16:54 ashimema ?
16:55 oleonard I don't think you can make a strong argument that the syntax is too complicated for developers to learn
16:55 ashimema agreed
16:56 ashimema interesting.. I hadn't spotted that it means adding filtering to all strings
16:57 ashimema also.. not entirely sure I understand the syntax around the title element
16:57 ashimema that's weird looking
16:58 ashimema hmm, he also introduced some actual string changes unless I'm mistaken
16:58 ashimema 'LibraryNameTItle' vs "{LibraryNameTitle} catalog" for example?
16:58 margaret joined #koha
17:08 ashimema nope.. I misread the original
17:08 ashimema it always had 'catalog'
17:08 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
17:09 TimothyAlexis Hello, is there anyone active at the moment who knows about Opac News?
17:09 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:09 wahanui Congratulations!
17:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #345: FIXED in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/345/
17:09 ashimema oleonard was around moments ago.. he know about news ;)
17:09 oleonard I mostly know about how to break it :D
17:10 TimothyAlexis :)
17:11 TimothyAlexis I want to insert a news item using code. Temporarily I did it with INSERT INTO opac_news
17:12 TimothyAlexis I have title, content and lang
17:12 TimothyAlexis I looked at Koha/ and Koha/ (We have 20.05.03) and these seem rather empty.
17:13 oleonard I can tell I won't know how to advise you TimothyAlexis, because what I know about news is mostly from the template side of things.
17:14 oleonard But please continue to explain in case someone else wants to jump in.
17:16 TimothyAlexis Well that was it. :) I'm thinking, what I've learned about Koha so far there could be something like a Koha::News::NewsItem object to use for inserting and deleting news items from the opac_news table.
17:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D10 build #106: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_D10/106/
17:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U16 build #29: UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_U16/29/
17:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #279: SUCCESS in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/279/
17:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #273: UNSTABLE in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/273/
17:37 oleonard jajm around?
17:40 inlibro joined #koha
17:40 thd joined #koha
17:48 TimothyAlexis Is there a Koha namespace replacement for C4::Context->preference(<syspref>) ?
17:51 oleonard Anyone know what "Actions (NIY)" means on the background jobs page? "NIY" ?
17:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U20 build #168: ABORTED in 1 hr 16 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U20/168/
17:54 caroline back!
17:54 caroline thanks ashimema for the manual translate thing
17:55 caroline I haven't checked gitlab yet, just sat down and read back
17:55 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U20 build #169: FAILURE in 2 min 54 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U20/169/
18:00 caroline anyone around for the docs meeting?
18:00 marie-luce Hi all
18:00 caroline I guess I'll start and they will come *crosses fingers*
18:00 lucyvh joined #koha
18:00 thd somewhat awake
18:01 caroline #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 10 December 2020
18:01 huginn Meeting started Thu Dec 10 18:01:02 2020 UTC.  The chair is caroline. Information about MeetBot at
18:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
18:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 10 December 2020)
18:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_10_december_2020'
18:01 caroline #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_10_December_2020
18:01 caroline #topic Introductions
18:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 10 December 2020)
18:01 caroline please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes
18:01 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro, Montréal Qc Canada
18:01 marie-luce #info Marie-Luce Laflamme, inlibro Montreal
18:02 lucyvh #info Lucy Vaux-Harvey, PTFS Europe
18:02 caroline hi lucyvh!
18:02 lucyvh Hi there
18:02 wahanui hello, lucyvh
18:03 marie-luce hi lucyvh
18:03 ashimema Evening
18:03 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
18:04 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City [sometime employer died, leaving tens of thousands of books mess to clean up.]
18:05 caroline #topic  Review of action points
18:05 Topic for #koha is now Review of action points (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 10 December 2020)
18:05 thd If anyone could use thousands of books and can collect them from just north of New York city please let me know.
18:05 caroline I will skip david's as he's not here
18:05 caroline davidnind will check how we can use gitlab to simplify the workflow
18:05 caroline #action davidnind will check how we can use gitlab to simplify the workflow
18:06 caroline next was me, I was supposed to check with ashimema on how to best insert the docs writing into the workflow
18:06 caroline I think we settled on the Manual keyword that will be added
18:06 caroline QA people can add it
18:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #280: SUCCESS in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/280/
18:07 caroline I will also look through what is pushed to master to add the keyword
18:07 caroline So writers, Taiga will not be used for the 21.05 cycle
18:07 caroline #info Taiga will not be used for the 21.05 cycle
18:08 caroline #info Use bugzilla and search for the Manual keyword
18:08 lucyvh No more epics :(
18:08 caroline The manual will be epic no need for Taiga ;)
18:08 caroline You can still use Taiga to look for older things to add
18:09 lucyvh True
18:09 caroline cait1 and ashimema were supposed to look into cleaning up the Manual keywords already in bugzilla to start anew
18:09 caroline this has been done
18:10 caroline #info all old Manual keywords were removed from bugzilla to start anew with the 21.05 cycle
18:11 caroline I was supposed to modify the "Documentation to-do" search on bz's main page to include Manual keywords
18:11 caroline not done, not sure if I can do it on my own or if cait1 needs to do it since she was the one who added it
18:12 caroline #action  change the Documentation to-do search on bz main page to include Documentation component OR manual keyword
18:12 caroline I was supposed to document the new workflow, which I didn't do either... :(
18:12 caroline #action  caroline will document workflow for 21.05
18:12 marie-luce I could give a hand
18:13 caroline But basically, it's what I said earlier, for writers, the only change is that ehnacements and new features will not be copied to Taiga, we will use the Manual keyword
18:13 caroline Once you've put in the merge request, you can remove the Manual keyword from the bug
18:13 caroline I hope that makes sense
18:14 caroline anyone, interrupt me if you have questions... I feel like i'm giving a speech rather than participating in a meeting lol!
18:14 lucyvh Workflow sounds fine
18:14 caroline last action point from last meeting was to divide the the syspref file because it is getting too big
18:15 caroline I started this, but haven't finished... I will try to work on ituntil next meeting
18:15 caroline #action  caroline (or anyone) to divide the syspref file as it is getting too big for updates through gitlab GUI
18:15 lucyvh Is there anything I can do to help with this?
18:16 caroline hm... I thought I had to do it in one go, but we can do it bit by bit
18:16 caroline if you add a new syspref maybe create the file for that section?
18:17 caroline I don't know if that would be too confusing for users
18:17 caroline probably...
18:17 wahanui i guess probably is too hard.
18:17 caroline wahanui agrees lol!
18:17 wahanui caroline: excuse me?
18:17 lucyvh If I know the steps I'm happy to give it a go
18:17 lucyvh As I'm the one who complained about it!
18:18 caroline I will try to do it in one go over the holidays, but if I can't I'll write how to do it bit by bit and we can all pitch in
18:18 caroline does that sound good?
18:18 lucyvh Sounds good, thanks caroline
18:18 caroline +1
18:18 marie-luce +1
18:19 caroline #topic  Project updates
18:19 Topic for #koha is now Project updates (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 10 December 2020)
18:19 caroline anyone have updates on ongoing projects?
18:19 thd I am still expecting some partially isolated time for wiki around January.
18:20 ashimema Minor translation workflow improvements as discussed earlier
18:20 thd Helping family with a mess after sometime employer's death is stealing all my time currently.
18:21 ashimema I.e. let you do merges via the gitlab UI for the translation pull request tool
18:22 caroline yes so the new workflow is pull request from the tool, then merge in gitlab, right?
18:22 ashimema Yup
18:22 caroline #info new workflow for translations: pull from then merge in gitlab
18:22 ashimema I'm just waiting on the OK from Bernardo for me to update his server.. sure he'll be happy for me to but it's polite to ask ;)
18:23 caroline thanks ashimema++ for helping on this :D
18:24 caroline #topic  What's been done so far
18:24 Topic for #koha is now What's been done so far (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 10 December 2020)
18:24 caroline anything else?
18:24 wahanui it has been said that anything else is necessarily going to be incremental.
18:25 caroline Project updates and what's been done so far are so similar... I never know the difference
18:25 thd I used the former designation.
18:25 caroline I guess what's been done so far is smaller things not related to major projects
18:26 caroline If there is nothing else, we'll move on
18:26 caroline #topic  Content development guidelines
18:26 Topic for #koha is now Content development guidelines (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 10 December 2020)
18:27 caroline I think we talked about adding alt text to images last time
18:27 caroline #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]and_Tricks#Images
18:27 caroline I've added it here
18:28 lucyvh +1
18:28 caroline From now on, if you update an image or add a new image, remember to add the alt text tot
18:28 caroline too
18:28 marie-luce +1
18:29 caroline I was thinking maybe it would be a good time to change the image naming/numbering convention?
18:29 caroline Incremental names are easy, but they cause problems when people work on the manual at the same time
18:29 caroline We talked about this some years ago, but no decision was taken
18:30 caroline I was wondering if anyone had suggestions/comments/ideas/objections?
18:30 lucyvh That sounds like a good idea
18:31 lucyvh I struggle with the images
18:31 lucyvh I was thinking it might be better to update images in sections, rather than piecemeal.  So do a couple of sections each release?
18:32 lucyvh Maybe not practical though
18:32 caroline Good idea
18:33 caroline I don't think it's even thinkable to update this all in one go... we have over 1500 images
18:33 caroline Like alt text, we can do it bit by bit as we update
18:33 lucyvh Yep
18:34 caroline what would be a good convention, instead of imageXXXX, do we add the chapter? Or simply give it a name?
18:34 caroline ACQXXXX or ACQ-budgetscreen ?
18:35 caroline or just budgetscreen
18:35 lucyvh Just the filename?
18:36 caroline yeah, I don't see any downsides to the filename
18:36 caroline I would like to have them organized... just so that it's not one loooooong list
18:36 caroline maybe we could separate them like they are in the directory?
18:37 marie-luce by koha module?
18:37 lucyvh Good idea
18:37 caroline module and then under each, filename, filename, etc
18:38 marie-luce sounds good, much easier to locate in a directory than the whole liste
18:38 lucyvh Split up as they are in source/ images?
18:38 caroline Ok so how about this, if you update or add a new image, use the filename instead of imageXXXX
18:38 caroline and add the module section if it's not already there
18:38 caroline makes sense?
18:39 thd Something like semantic_something-semantic_something_else-number would give a smaller more manageable scope to numbers.
18:39 marie-luce is there a character limit on file name?
18:39 lucyvh +1
18:40 caroline I don't think so
18:40 inlibro joined #koha
18:40 thd there is a character limit on URIs
18:40 caroline how many?
18:41 thd URI character limit is hundreds of characters and not easily reached except by automated extension of naming.
18:41 * oleonard whispers "Too many to worry about"
18:41 thd Filenames have an OS limit.
18:42 caroline ok, I don't think we need to worry about this... we already have 60 characters in our URL for images, then if a filename is too big, we'll have to worry about it on a case by case basis
18:43 caroline I like the idea of the filename
18:44 thd MS Windows has the biggest constraint on filenames where some low level systems could still be tied to old MS DOS pathname limits such as 255 characters for the full path.
18:44 caroline without the extension
18:44 caroline so filename rather than filename.png
18:44 lucyvh OKay
18:45 caroline #agreed use filename rather than imageXXXX for image aliases and separate like they are in the directory
18:46 marie-luce +1
18:46 caroline #info when updating or adding a new image, use the filename and if the section is not already created, create it
18:46 caroline yay! I'm so glad we're doing this! It's always bugged me
18:46 caroline We have some time left I wanted to talk about notes
18:47 lucyvh :)
18:47 caroline I noticed there is a command (or whatever it's called) to make notes look nice
18:47 caroline let me just find one
18:48 caroline[…]l#language-picker
18:48 caroline see the blue box?
18:48 caroline I think that looks really nice
18:49 caroline maybe we can change the color scheme, but even if we can't I think we should do notes like this
18:49 thd The URI character limit problem can be tripped over when using long and/or many GET strings after the question mark for a bookmarkable context.  Use POST requests but then bookmarkable context is more difficult.
18:49 caroline what do you think?
18:49 marie-luce it really does highlight the message
18:49 lucyvh Yes, looks good
18:50 caroline Ok I'll add the command on this page https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]-_Tips_and_Tricks
18:50 lucyvh And standardises the indenting which is good
18:50 caroline And I'll try to find out if there is a different one for "Important"
18:51 marie-luce warning, perhaps?
18:51 lukeG joined #koha
18:52 caroline #action caroline will add to the Rst tips and tricks page how to wirte notes
18:52 caroline #info going forward use the note command when adding notes to the manual
18:52 caroline ok cool! :D
18:53 caroline anything else?
18:53 wahanui anything else is, like, necessarily going to be incremental
18:54 caroline #topic  Next steps
18:54 Topic for #koha is now Next steps (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 10 December 2020)
18:54 caroline I don't think there are any major developments in 21.05 yet, so continue documenting 20.11
18:55 caroline #info Priorities : continue documenting 20.11 for the time being
18:55 ashimema You have at least a month ;)
18:55 caroline #info Check Taiga for things to write about :D
18:55 ashimema But also.. hopefully this time around Devs will be documenting as we go.. :)
18:56 caroline I like your optimism ashimema! :D
18:56 marie-luce :)
18:56 caroline #topic  Set time of next meeting
18:56 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 10 December 2020)
18:56 * ashimema will be trying to for his Devs anyways..
18:56 ashimema lucyvh, weay be calling on you for help there.. hebe
18:57 caroline 4 weeks from now is Jan 7, sound good?
18:57 marie-luce suits me
18:58 caroline today the meeting was at 18UTC, maybe we can do it earlier
18:58 lukeG1 joined #koha
18:58 lucyvh ashimena +1
18:58 lucyvh 7th Jan suits me
18:59 caroline #info Next meeting: 7 January 2021, 15 UTC
18:59 caroline #endmeeting
18:59 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
18:59 huginn Meeting ended Thu Dec 10 18:59:47 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
18:59 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-12-10-18.01.html
18:59 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]0-12-10-18.01.txt
18:59 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]10-18.01.log.html
18:59 caroline yay! thanks everyone! :D
19:00 lucyvh Thanks everyone!
19:00 akilsdonk_ joined #koha
19:00 rhamby_ joined #koha
19:00 marie-luce thanks everyone
19:00 felicia joined #koha
19:01 caroline ashimema: I just got a message saying the pipeline has failed :(
19:01 sallyf joined #koha
19:18 ashimema I'll take a look shortly
19:18 ashimema Just eating tea
19:22 ashimema Looks like the server ran out of space
19:22 ashimema That'll need looking at by rangi :(
19:23 ashimema @later tell rangi looks like we ran out of space for the last push, which included translations, for the manual 20.05 branch.
19:23 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
19:23 caroline thanks ashimema!
19:24 caroline Is tea like supper or it's another meal entirely?
19:24 ashimema Supper, dinner... Evening meal
19:25 caroline ok! I thought it was maybe like a light afternoon meal between lunch and supper
19:26 marie-luce do you mean high tea?
19:27 caroline maybe?
19:27 caroline or 'afternoon tea' maybe?
19:27 ashimema We use various terms interchangeably here
19:27 ashimema Tea can mean all of the above, haha
19:28 caroline and also a beverage
19:28 ashimema Strictly I suppose it does really mean, drink and cake..
19:28 marie-luce a good excuse to have a nice cup of tea with a scone
19:28 ashimema But I meant dinner
19:40 inlibro joined #koha
20:40 inlibro joined #koha
21:33 AndrewFH joined #koha
21:40 inlibro joined #koha
21:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9_My8 build #144: FAILURE in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]20.05_D9_My8/144/
21:55 Vero joined #koha
21:55 Vero hi
21:55 Vero I don't see the 'OpacHiddenItemsException
21:55 Vero 18.05
22:00 caroline ah, I was just about to answer
22:01 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #152: STILL UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/152/
22:01 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #147: STILL UNSTABLE in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/147/
22:02 caroline anyway, for logs and future reference, the OpacHiddenItemsExceptions syspref was added in 18.11
22:04 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D11 build #88: STILL UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D11/88/
22:05 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U2010 build #47: STILL UNSTABLE in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.05_U2010/47/
22:09 cait1 left #koha
22:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #177: STILL UNSTABLE in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/177/
22:41 inlibro joined #koha
22:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9_My8 build #145: NOW UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]20.05_D9_My8/145/
22:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #4: STILL UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.05_U18/4/
22:50 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
22:50 wahanui Congratulations!
22:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U20 build #170: FIXED in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U20/170/
22:58 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #153: STILL UNSTABLE in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/153/
23:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #148: STILL UNSTABLE in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/148/
23:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #139: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/139/
23:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #154: FAILURE in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/154/
23:25 lisettelatah joined #koha
23:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D11 build #89: STILL UNSTABLE in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D11/89/
23:33 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #140: FAILURE in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/140/
23:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U2010 build #48: STILL UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.05_U2010/48/
23:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #178: STILL UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/178/
23:41 inlibro joined #koha
23:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9_My8 build #146: STILL UNSTABLE in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]20.05_D9_My8/146/

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary