IRC log for #koha, 2020-09-22

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:04 AndrewFH joined #koha
00:06 inlibro joined #koha
00:06 hayleymapley__ joined #koha
01:06 inlibro joined #koha
02:06 inlibro joined #koha
03:06 inlibro joined #koha
04:07 inlibro joined #koha
04:10 lukeG joined #koha
05:05 chriss joined #koha
05:07 inlibro joined #koha
05:35 henryb joined #koha
06:00 lmstrand joined #koha
06:07 inlibro joined #koha
06:24 khall joined #koha
06:25 rojake joined #koha
06:26 sophie_m joined #koha
06:30 reiveune joined #koha
06:30 reiveune hello
06:35 ashimema[m] Mornin' #koha
06:36 ashimema[m] @later tell tcohen for a bulk processing endpoint I would probably go the route of returning an 'accepted' response with a reference to a websocket one can connect to monitoring progress
06:36 huginn ashimema[m]: The operation succeeded.
06:37 fridolin joined #koha
06:37 fridolin yolo
06:39 ashimema[m] @later tell tcohen it's not really a restful resource as much as a RPC action
06:39 huginn ashimema[m]: The operation succeeded.
06:42 did joined #koha
06:43 alex_a joined #koha
06:43 alex_a Bonjour
06:43 wahanui hi, alex_a
06:45 magnuse \o/
06:59 cait joined #koha
06:59 chriss joined #koha
07:01 cait1 joined #koha
07:02 lds joined #koha
07:04 cait1 good morning #koha!
07:07 inlibro joined #koha
07:31 lmstrand tcohen: You around?
07:34 lmstrand tcohen: I tried to update my koha plugins files with the ones in the git repo. Now when I try to install plugins I get "internal server error". The puligs show in the plugins page but they're not working like they should. What else would I need to update in order to get them to function properly?
07:34 lmstrand *plugins
07:35 lmstrand I wans hoping the koha/plugins folder with up-to-date files would be enough
07:35 lmstrand *was
07:37 lmstrand for example the kitchen sink demo produces "internal server error" when I run it.
07:37 lmstrand are there general logs for plugin errors somewhere?
07:38 magnuse lmstrand: too early for tcohen
07:38 magnuse i think the plack-error.log shoulod catch it, if you run under plack
07:38 magnuse otherwise the apache error log file
07:39 lmstrand k I'll take a look
07:40 cait1 lmstrand: i think there are other changes needed as your version is so ol
07:40 cait1 d
07:40 cait1 just copying in files will not work
07:40 cait1 from a newer version
07:41 lmstrand yeah...
07:41 cait1 the error will be visible in the normal logs
07:41 cait1 plack-error.log
07:41 cait1 but yep, tcohen is in Argentina, so a little too early for him
07:42 lmstrand [2020/09/22 09:43:19] [ERROR] Can't locate object method "InstallPlugins" via package "Koha::Plugins" at /home/koha/Koha/plugins/ line 101.
07:42 lmstrand [2020/09/22 09:43:46] [ERROR] Can't locate object method "output_html" via package "Koha::Plugin::Com::ByWaterSolutions::KitchenSink" at /home/koha/koha-dev/var/lib/plugins/Koha/P​lugin/Com/ByWaterSolutions/ line 322.
07:44 lmstrand[…]ster/Koha/Plugins
07:44 lmstrand I sould update these as well
07:44 lmstrand *should
07:52 fridolin1 joined #koha
08:07 inlibro joined #koha
08:18 davidnind joined #koha
08:27 lmstrand nah, I give up. Too much to mess with
08:27 khall joined #koha
08:41 kathryn joined #koha
09:01 khall joined #koha
09:08 inlibro joined #koha
09:11 henryb joined #koha
09:29 irma_ joined #koha
09:37 vfernandes joined #koha
09:52 matts kidclamp, khall, jessicazairo Hi! It's a very nice youtube video on koha-testing-docker you made, very helpful, thank you :)
10:08 inlibro joined #koha
10:21 oleonard Hi #koha
10:30 Nemo_bis Hi oleonard
10:30 wahanui hi oleopard
10:30 Nemo_bis feline power
10:31 khall joined #koha
11:08 inlibro joined #koha
11:20 alex_a joined #koha
11:41 rhamby morning #koha
11:42 oleonard Hi rhamby
11:43 ashimema[m] Got a link to that matts?  Sounds interesting
11:44 matts ashimema[m], sure:
11:45 ashimema[m] Ta. :)
11:53 lmstrand Is there a kohadevbox setup video tutorial :D
11:53 AndrewFH joined #koha
11:54 khall joined #koha
11:54 oleonard lmstrand does koha-testing-docker not work for you?
11:56 lmstrand haven't tried, I just need to be able to develop plugins and see how they  work
11:56 lmstrand ijn the ui
11:57 lmstrand *in
11:58 oleonard koha-testing-docker is the more "modern" choice for setting up a testing environment
12:00 khall matts thanks!
12:00 lds joined #koha
12:08 inlibro joined #koha
12:17 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:21 khall_ joined #koha
12:30 khall joined #koha
12:36 ashimema[m] anyone fancy signing off some translation bugs?
12:36 ashimema[m] bug 26398
12:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26398 normal, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , Credit and Debit types on creating a manual credits and manual invoices are not translatable
12:36 ashimema[m] bug 25596
12:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25596 normal, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , "Overpayment refund" is not translatable
12:36 ashimema[m] bug 26418
12:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26418 normal, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , The "description" for REFUND accountlines is not translatable
12:41 chris_n` joined #koha
12:42 ivandz joined #koha
12:50 marie-luce joined #koha
13:07 oleonard I guess it would beat fighting with Bug 26505 ashimema[m]...
13:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26505 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Suspend hold modal broken in the OPAC
13:07 ashimema[m] yikes
13:07 oleonard (Something is breaking the datepicker inside the modal and I'm stumped so far)
13:07 ashimema[m] ooh.. hope that wasn't me
13:08 oleonard I'm assuming it was me :D
13:08 inlibro joined #koha
13:11 tcohen morning
13:15 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "updatedatabase error from Bug 25596" (3 lines) at
13:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25596 normal, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , "Overpayment refund" is not translatable
13:15 oleonard ashimema[m] ^^
13:15 ashimema[m] oops
13:15 ashimema[m] thanks
13:18 ashimema[m] fixed..
13:18 ashimema[m] forgot the `_code`
13:22 davidnind left #koha
13:28 AndrewFH joined #koha
13:36 khall joined #koha
13:59 oleonard jajm around?
13:59 jajm oleonard, yes
14:00 oleonard Hi. I'm curious, if Bug 26392 succeeds is your plan to do the same for the staff interface?
14:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26392 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , Wrap all translatable strings in
14:02 alex_a joined #koha
14:02 jajm oleonard, yes, run-time translation everywhere :)
14:03 oleonard Cool. Every time I look at a .po file I wonder how we've put up with such a messy system for so long
14:07 tuxayo oleonard: how much hundred of thousand of translator hours were lost due to duplicates or mistakes due to the confusion
14:07 tuxayo *or thousand
14:08 tuxayo And how much translator didn't start translating due to these scary thing in the string ^^
14:08 tuxayo *strings
14:08 tuxayo jajm++
14:08 inlibro joined #koha
14:08 oleonard I remember GeekRuthie giving a talk at KohaCon 2013 about this issue. I'm glad it's finally happening.
14:09 * GeekRuthie perks
14:09 oleonard GeekRuthie++
14:10 GeekRuthie Hi, oleonard ! :)
14:10 tuxayo oleonard: great summoning powers you have there :)
14:10 tuxayo o/ GeekRuthie
14:11 GeekRuthie :)
14:13 * oleonard wonders if these summoning powers work on other things
14:13 oleonard I remember having a delicious BLUEBERRY SCONE one time!
14:14 * GeekRuthie would bake oleonard a blueberry scone, but hasn't any blueberries.
14:14 * oleonard wasn't ready for that much power anyway
14:15 * GeekRuthie offers toast with grape jelly instead.
14:15 khall joined #koha
14:19 talljoy joined #koha
14:21 ashimema[m] GeekRuthie++
14:22 * ashimema[m] remembers that presentation too
14:22 ashimema[m] and is sad we've not improved it before now... sooooo many things
14:23 * ashimema[m] is happy that accessability in general is finally becoming a priority though :)
14:26 cait1 tuxayo: the po files are not going away i think, but might get a bit more readable?
14:27 * cait1 waves at GeekRuthie :)
14:27 * GeekRuthie waves frantically at cait1
14:33 ashimema[m] did I imagine a bug where transfers to receive didn't work with sql strict modes?
14:34 cait1 there are so many transfers bugs...
14:35 cait1 but there is an omnibus for the strict ones, did you check that?
14:35 * cait1 just had an online workshop about mostly acq questions and feels a bit brain dead :)
14:35 ashimema[m] ah no.. it was holds to pull
14:35 cait1 in a good way... hard but interesting
14:36 tuxayo cait1: «the po files are not going away i think»
14:36 tuxayo Indeed
14:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #295: UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D9/295/
14:38 oleonard ashimema[m] I don't understand how to test Bug 25596
14:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25596 normal, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , "Overpayment refund" is not translatable
14:38 tuxayo More readable and less duplicated due to some noise the string that makes then treated like 2 different ones. Like conditionals
14:38 tuxayo Maybe there is less duplication than I think
14:39 ashimema[m] hmm.. that's fair.. I'm not sure I do either
14:39 ashimema[m] I'll try to come up with a test plan.. bad ashimema for not having a decent one to start with
14:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #298: UNSTABLE in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/298/
14:44 tuxayo Oh, it's that day where the CI on 19.05 always fails due to one test that 100% of the fails on these days. ><
14:44 ashimema[m] Hmm, hope that sort of helps.. that actual translation side of it always alludes me a bit.. I now recognise when things are translatable, but i'm not so good at working out how to actually prove it with a test.
14:45 ashimema[m] :(
14:45 ashimema[m] not good tuxayo
14:45 ashimema[m] I thought we'd nailed most of those
14:45 tuxayo indeed it seems
14:45 tuxayo This one is a trolly one.
14:47 tuxayo Tried to mock the date to reproduce without changing the system time but it didn't work. Hopefully I'll retry soon.
14:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9_MDB10.3 build #44: UNSTABLE in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]05_D9_MDB10.3/44/
14:50 tuxayo koha-jenkins: yes i know!
14:50 koha-jenkins tuxayo did you mean me? Unknown command 'yes'
14:50 koha-jenkins Use '!koha-jenkins help' to get help!
14:52 tuxayo koha-jenkins whatever you say I'll release anyway! :P
14:52 tuxayo The countless other reliable tests weight more than this petty one.
14:58 cait joined #koha
14:59 lisettelatah joined #koha
15:03 khall joined #koha
15:09 inlibro joined #koha
15:10 margaret joined #koha
15:19 cait left #koha
15:20 fridolin1 left #koha
16:09 inlibro joined #koha
16:35 reiveune bye
16:35 reiveune left #koha
17:06 tuxayo Anyone around who has been RMaint at some point?
17:09 inlibro joined #koha
17:12 ashimema[m] I'm on the mobile whilst out.. what's up tuxayo?
17:14 tuxayo ashimema: Do you have notes about your backporting policy you used at the time you did RMaintnance?
17:14 tuxayo I'm collecting the eventually existing ones.
17:15 tuxayo It's ok to not have, I'm hunting for existing doc to compile. Not aiming to create new from scrach.
17:45 ashimema[m] I may have put them in my rmaint proposal
17:45 ashimema[m] Should be linked from the wiki teams page
17:58 tuxayo great!
18:09 inlibro joined #koha
18:38 lukeG @later tell mtj 20.05.04 tarballs are ready in my folder on
18:38 huginn lukeG: The operation succeeded.
18:46 ashimema[m] oleonard++
18:46 ashimema[m] @karma
18:46 huginn ashimema[m]: Highest karma: "Joubu" (880), "cait" (816), and "ashimema" (559).  Lowest karma: "-" (-64), "failed" (-43), and "ie" (-40).  You (ashimema[m]) are ranked 63 out of 1061.
19:09 inlibro joined #koha
19:53 lukeG1 joined #koha
20:09 inlibro joined #koha
20:26 kathryn joined #koha
20:31 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:32 fraktik joined #koha
20:39 aleisha hello
20:40 oleonard Hi aleisha
20:40 lukeG1 Good morning Aleisha
20:40 aleisha morning both!
20:41 * oleonard has missed the entire first day of the koha-US online conf because of in-person work
20:49 hayley joined #koha
20:56 lisettelatah the full conference video should be up sometime later today. Jason is going to also put up individual videos for each presentation this week hopefully.
21:00 gmcharlt why yes, a MARC record with over 1500 866 fields can indeed cause a bit of display indigestion in the MARC editor
21:00 hayleymapley_ joined #koha
21:01 mtj hey peeps
21:02 mtj hi aleisha: can you push your v20.05.04 tag to the sec repo
21:02 aleisha im 19.11
21:02 aleisha you want lukeG1
21:02 mtj oops, need more coffefe
21:03 aleisha heh
21:03 mtj hi lukeG1 :0)
21:05 lukeG1 mtj oops, ill do that right now
21:10 inlibro joined #koha
21:19 lukeG1 mtj: i added my tags and generated new tarballs, it should all be in my folder now
21:21 mtj ta lukeG1, can you push your tag to the sec repo too
21:21 mtj ..i build the packages from that tag
21:22 aleisha sorry both i have to go to a meeting in 5 minutes so if we aren't ready in the next 5 minutes , it will need to wait until i get back in one hour
21:23 lukeG1 mtj: i did push the tags
21:23 lukeG1 new/security-release-20.05.04
21:24 aleisha you need to git push security v20.05.04 as well lukeG1
21:24 aleisha you've pushed the branch but not the tag
21:24 aleisha i assume
21:25 lukeG1 thanks aleisha
21:25 lukeG1 I did pushed it to security
21:26 lukeG1 mtj: it should be there now, no?
21:26 mtj aah yep, is there
21:26 lukeG1 sorry bout that
21:28 mtj np, it might have been my mistake
21:28 lukeG1 no, it was mine
21:28 lukeG1 aleisha++
21:30 aleisha sorry lukeG1 and mtj i have to go to this meeting but we can do the release in 1 hour when i return
21:32 lukeG1 aleisha: no problem!
21:34 tuxayo hi again #koha o/
21:34 hayley joined #koha
21:44 tuxayo For the 19.11 and 20.05 sec release, are they on lockstep only due to website post publication?
21:47 tuxayo lukeG1: Maybe I already asked you:
21:47 tuxayo Do you have notes about your backporting policy? I'm collecting the eventually existing ones.
21:47 tuxayo It's ok to not have, I'm hunting for existing doc to compile. Not aiming to create new from scrach.
21:47 tuxayo chris_n & talljoy around?
21:48 tuxayo oops I'm meant rangi instead of chris_n  ^^"
21:50 talljoy i'm here
21:51 tuxayo talljoy: I'll be asking the same questions about RMaint policy as above :)
21:51 tuxayo (doing my homework ^^)
21:51 talljoy i do not have a backporting policy.  it was very informal.  new features never.  enhancements maybe if they felt critical, but not if they were not mission critical.  bug fixes, always.
21:51 lukeG1 Hey tuxayo: I do not have any official policy on backporting. I usually determine it on a case by case basis. I avoid most enhancements unless they are simple OR they include accessibility enhancements
21:52 tuxayo talljoy: thanks a lot for taking the time to write it here :) You were on oldstable right?
21:52 talljoy i was on 19.11 when 20.05 was being worked on
21:53 talljoy regular stable?
21:53 tuxayo lukeG1: thanks also, I'll try to compile all that to list the various approaches.
21:54 tuxayo talljoy: Indeed you were on stable, as your upstream was master.
21:55 talljoy yup.  sounds right to me.  :)
21:55 mtj hi folks, im about 10 mins away...
21:56 kathryn hey mtj :) I think aleisha will be a little longer than that
22:00 lukeG1 if mtj has the packages ready aleisha and I should be able to handle the rest upon her return :)
22:04 davidnind joined #koha
22:04 mtj no hurry for me
22:10 inlibro joined #koha
22:19 aleisha hi lukeG1 and mtj im here now
22:21 lukeG1 im here too
22:22 aleisha ready to push?
22:22 aleisha if the packages are built, mtj ?
22:23 mtj hi aleisha: yep
22:23 mtj i'll update the apt repo now
22:31 lukeG1 aleisha: im making my blog post public now
22:31 aleisha cool! pushing
22:33 tuxayo 🥳
22:35 tuxayo mtj++
22:35 tuxayo aleisha ++
22:35 tuxayo lukeG1 ++
22:38 tuxayo IIUC the necessity to do everything in sync is because
22:38 tuxayo - package maint can't publish drafts of blog posts and can't push to the stable branches on the public repo
22:38 tuxayo - RMaints can't publish prepared packages on, can't publish blog posts from other RMaints and can't push to other RMaint's branches
22:39 mtj hokay, packages are up and happy
22:39 mtj ps: my upload speed is terrible :/
22:41 aleisha mtj++
22:41 lukeG1 mtj: should I see new tarballs here: ?
22:41 khall joined #koha
22:46 mtj lukeG1: i think the rmaints move the tarballs there ^
22:46 lukeG1 right
22:47 aleisha or is it rmaint1?
22:47 lukeG1 ill move them all aleisha
22:47 cait joined #koha
22:47 mtj you should have unix perms to do that
22:47 aleisha wonderful, thank you lukeG1 !
22:50 khall joined #koha
22:51 tuxayo yay
22:52 tuxayo lukeG1: your blog post is missing the "More entry"
22:59 lukeG1 aleisha: one thing I cannot do is publish your draft
22:59 aleisha no worries, will do that now myself
23:00 lukeG1 tuxayo: I don't understand what I'm missing, more entry?
23:00 khall joined #koha
23:01 tuxayo lukeG1: in the RMaint doc, the somewhat cryptic line «then add a More entry (that will split the announcement so it looks fine in the front page). »
23:02 tuxayo It's «<!--more-->»
23:02 tuxayo Looks at the source of the 19.05 of 19.11 announcements to see how we used it.
23:02 tuxayo gotta go o/
23:03 aleisha bye tuxayo !
23:03 aleisha tuxayo++
23:03 aleisha oh tuxayo not sure if you saw my email about kohacon :) let me know if it didnt come through
23:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D10 build #78: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D10/78/
23:10 inlibro joined #koha
23:15 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #282: SUCCESS in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/282/
23:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #246: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/246/
23:18 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
23:18 wahanui Congratulations!
23:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #252: FIXED in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/252/
23:26 lukeG1 not sure why i cant tag my branch now
23:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U20 build #77: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_U20/77/
23:44 khall joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary