IRC log for #koha, 2020-09-17

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:45 inlibro joined #koha
01:45 inlibro joined #koha
02:45 inlibro joined #koha
02:50 edveal joined #koha
02:58 kathryn joined #koha
03:15 tcohen hola
03:34 kathryn_ joined #koha
03:46 inlibro joined #koha
04:46 inlibro joined #koha
05:01 dcook_ joined #koha
05:07 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
05:11 TimothyAlexis We have the lastseen field in borrowers table, is there a way to delete borrowers who haven't been logged in for a specified number of days?
05:11 TimothyAlexis (Other than cleaning up the database manually)
05:12 lukeG1 joined #koha
05:12 tcohen
05:12 chriss joined #koha
05:14 tcohen ^^ TimothyAlexis
05:14 TimothyAlexis I see sometimes people writing something like this
05:14 TimothyAlexis tcohen++
05:14 TimothyAlexis When I thank someone
05:15 TimothyAlexis Is that logged somehow?
05:20 tcohen @karma TimothyAlexis
05:20 huginn tcohen: Karma for "TimothyAlexis" has been increased 1 time and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 1.
05:20 tcohen TimothyAlexis++
05:20 tcohen @karma TimothyAlexis
05:20 huginn tcohen: Karma for "TimothyAlexis" has been increased 2 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 2.
05:20 TimothyAlexis haha ok
05:20 TimothyAlexis Thank you
05:20 tcohen yes :-D
05:20 TimothyAlexis tcohen++
05:46 inlibro joined #koha
05:49 cait joined #koha
06:20 lmstrand joined #koha
06:28 magnuse @karma
06:28 huginn magnuse: Highest karma: "Joubu" (880), "cait" (815), and "ashimema" (558).  Lowest karma: "-" (-64), "failed" (-43), and "ie" (-39).  You (magnuse) are ranked 16 out of 1057.
06:28 tcohen ie--
06:46 did joined #koha
06:46 inlibro joined #koha
06:47 alex_a joined #koha
06:51 sophie_m joined #koha
06:54 cait joined #koha
06:56 cait1 joined #koha
06:58 fridolin joined #koha
06:59 cait1 good morning #koha!
07:03 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
07:03 TimothyAlexis bug 26454 is really simple, would be nice if someone could sign it off
07:03 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26454 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, timothy_alexis.vass, NEW , Add system preference to set meta description for the OPAC
07:03 lds joined #koha
07:08 magnuse TimothyAlexis: do good deeds and you can compete with these people for the lead ;-)
07:08 magnuse @karma
07:08 huginn magnuse: Highest karma: "Joubu" (880), "cait" (815), and "ashimema" (558).  Lowest karma: "-" (-64), "failed" (-43), and "ie" (-40).  You (magnuse) are ranked 16 out of 1057.
07:21 ashimema[m] Nice bug TimothyAlexis
07:22 ashimema[m] It's been on my radar having watching you quiz oleonard about it 😊
07:22 ashimema[m] If it's ready for testing, rememeber to set the status from "NEW" to "Needs signoff" to alert people it's ready to test
07:27 magnuse i can take a shot at signing off
07:29 magnuse is "syntax: text/html" right? shouldn't it be plain text?
07:29 liliputech_asu joined #koha
07:34 ashimema[m] good question
07:34 ashimema[m] plain text I reckon
07:34 ashimema[m] it's a simple string I believe
07:37 TimothyAlexis @magnuse: it's only a string
07:37 huginn TimothyAlexis: I suck
07:37 TimothyAlexis you are correct
07:39 * ashimema[m] just googled to check
07:39 ashimema[m] loads about it being great for SEO.. but bascially nothing about whether you can embed any form of markup
07:39 ashimema[m] as far as I can tell it's just a basic string :)
07:39 TimothyAlexis Markup will be stripped, it's nly a string.
07:40 magnuse got this error: "error: sha1 information is lacking or useless (installer/data/mysql/sysprefs.sql)." could it be because it's been a while since my last "git pull"?
07:41 cait1 magnuse: on git pullng on a clean master?
07:41 * ashimema[m] contemplates what he's going to do today
07:41 ashimema[m] ooh.. you were QA queen again last night I see cait1 :)
07:42 lds joined #koha
07:43 cait1 not really, I feel asleep
07:45 * ashimema[m] looks at the QA queue and works out if there's any he can pick off
07:45 cait1 hm i have one i signed off on sec
07:45 TimothyAlexis @magnuse: so, should the syntax: text/html be removed from the file opac.pref or should it be changed to something else?
07:45 huginn TimothyAlexis: I've exhausted my database of quotes
07:46 cait1 ashimema[m]: bug 25776 :P
07:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25776 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Signed Off , Add last updated date for notices and slips
07:46 inlibro joined #koha
07:47 cait1 bug 26049
07:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26049 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Signed Off , Replace li with span class results_summary in UNIMARC intranet XSLT
07:47 ashimema[m] aha.. cool
07:48 ashimema[m] I looked at the first one yesterday but held of on SO as it looked like David was already on the case :)
07:50 ashimema[m] I think just drop 'syntax' and 'class' parts of the pref declaration TimothyAlexis
07:50 TimothyAlexis yeah ok
07:50 magnuse yeah, that i what i think too, just plain text should be good
07:51 ashimema[m] they're used for syntax highlighting and things by the textarea editor.. in this case I don't think you want any so dropping them is right..
07:52 ashimema[m] interestingly, I can't think of any examples of such prefs already.. I'm sure there are some
07:52 magnuse git pull made the error go away
07:53 magnuse TimothyAlexis: do a new patch without those two lines and i'll test?
07:54 TimothyAlexis magnuse Bug 26454 has a new patch
07:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26454 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, timothy_alexis.vass, Needs Signoff , Add system preference to set meta description for the OPAC
07:54 jzairo joined #koha
07:57 magnuse ok!
07:59 davidnind joined #koha
08:07 magnuse and done
08:08 magnuse TimothyAlexis++ lub++
08:14 ashimema[m] :)
08:16 ashimema[m] bug 26454
08:16 wahanui bug 26454 is probably really simple, would be nice if someone could sign it off
08:16 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26454 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, timothy_alexis.vass, Passed QA , Add system preference to set meta description for the OPAC
08:16 ashimema[m] fast turn around ;)
08:19 ashimema[m] 9 more QA's and I've caught cait up again :)
08:25 TimothyAlexis Is wahanui a bot? :/
08:26 magnuse TimothyAlexis: yes
08:27 magnuse see "Channel Bots" here
08:27 magnuse ashimema[m]: you can do it!
08:27 magnuse wahanui: forget bug 26454
08:27 wahanui magnuse: I forgot bug 26454
08:27 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26454 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, timothy_alexis.vass, Passed QA , Add system preference to set meta description for the OPAC
08:28 magnuse bug 26454 is the first patch from TimothyAlexis - sooo cool!
08:28 magnuse bug 26454?
08:28 wahanui hmmm... bug 26454 is the first patch from TimothyAlexis - sooo cool!
08:28 TimothyAlexis I think it's the second
08:33 kohaputti joined #koha
08:44 ashimema[m] every patch is welcomed :)
08:47 inlibro joined #koha
09:47 inlibro joined #koha
09:47 lds joined #koha
09:50 magnuse oops, sorry TimothyAlexis
09:50 magnuse wahanui: forget bug 26454
09:50 wahanui magnuse: I forgot bug 26454
09:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26454 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, timothy_alexis.vass, Passed QA , Add system preference to set meta description for the OPAC
09:50 magnuse bug 26454 is the second patch from TimothyAlexis - sooo cool!
09:51 magnuse trying to do "my $patron = Koha::Patrons->find( $borrowernumber ); my $x = $patron->get_extended_attribute( 'x' );" i get this: "The method Koha::Patron->get_extended_attribute is not covered by tests!" what is the problem there again?
09:55 fridolin left #koha
10:01 magnuse same thing with $patron->extended_attributes
10:01 fridolin joined #koha
10:02 ashimema[m] that's strange
10:03 ashimema[m] are you sure you're on a version of Koha with those methods defined?
10:03 ashimema[m] they look like they've been around a little while
10:23 cait joined #koha
10:43 cait oleonard++ i hoped you'd pick up that one :)
10:43 * oleonard is to blame
10:44 cait bootstrap?
10:44 wahanui bootstrap is just CSS too. And sure it takes care of lots of browser quirks.
10:44 oleonard Yes
10:45 cait i had a suspicion, but didn't dare to blame you :)
10:46 oleonard Blaming me is usually a reasonable conclusion!
10:47 inlibro joined #koha
10:47 cait maybe next time )
10:51 jzairo joined #koha
10:54 magnuse ashimema[m]: it's uptodate master
10:55 ashimema[m] weird
10:59 magnuse i use both Koha::Patron and Koha::Patrons
10:59 magnuse "use"
11:28 TimothyAlexis How can I connect to the database which is created in the koha-testing-docker container?
11:31 reiveune joined #koha
11:33 ashimema[m] koha-mysql kohadev
11:33 TimothyAlexis OK
11:34 ashimema[m] :)
11:34 TimothyAlexis Can I connect to it from the host somehow?
11:35 ashimema[m] erm.. I think you can... but my knowledge doesn't stretch that far
11:35 ashimema[m] it's inside it's own docker container
11:36 ashimema[m] what are you wanting to achieve
11:36 ashimema[m] when tcohen comes online, he may be able to advise better
11:38 Dyrcona joined #koha
11:39 TimothyAlexis I want to SELECT * FROM borrower_password_recovery;
11:40 tcohen you need to tweak the docker-compose.yml to expose the ports
11:40 tcohen by mapping them to a local one
11:41 ashimema[m] tcohen++
11:41 TimothyAlexis ashimema++
11:42 TimothyAlexis When using the kp alias, will the database persist even if I've run kd after stopping it?
11:45 tcohen we need to fix the fact that KTD fails to reload
11:45 tcohen because the misc4dev commands fail
11:45 liliputech_asu TimothyAlexis: I dont think so, the vm are destroyed when using kd
11:46 * ashimema[m] can't remember how kp works at all :(
11:46 ashimema[m] I should know tat
11:46 liliputech_asu TimothyAlexis: if needed to reset the db you may also use the command "reset_all" from inside the koha container
11:47 oleonard IF you're using the sample data
11:47 inlibro joined #koha
11:47 liliputech_asu by the way, "reset_all_unimarc" seems to do the exact same thing as "reset_all" (meaning it doesn't handle unimarc really)
11:48 fridolin joined #koha
11:48 TimothyAlexis OK
11:49 tcohen the containers are destroyed, but not the volumes
11:49 TimothyAlexis Who knows how the new works? :)
11:49 tcohen the containers are supposed to be ephemeral
11:50 tcohen the idea is that you reload them, using the already generated volumes
11:50 tcohen if you call docker-compose down instead okf kd
11:50 tcohen and then call ku
11:50 tcohen you will see the koha container dies because 'the database is already populated'
11:51 TimothyAlexis tcohen yeah
11:51 TimothyAlexis But if I call kp, will it work?
11:52 tcohen that's what I was saying, it won't he
11:52 tcohen I might work on a patch for that today
11:52 TimothyAlexis When I'm done with it, I do Ctrl+C in the terminal
11:52 TimothyAlexis It then says something like "Stopping gracefully..."
11:54 TimothyAlexis Is that the same as calling docker-compose down?
11:56 TimothyAlexis tcohen I'm working on bug 26266 and I see you changed the
11:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26266 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, timothy_alexis.vass, Patch doesn't apply , Add jQuery validator to
11:57 TimothyAlexis This line:
11:57 TimothyAlexis [% PROCESS '' new_password => 'newPassword', minPasswordLength => logged_in_user.category.eff​ective_min_password_length, RequireStrongPassword => logged_in_user.category.effec​tive_require_strong_password %]
11:58 TimothyAlexis when doing password reset, what would I replace logged_in_user with ?
11:58 lds joined #koha
12:04 tcohen I start it with logged_in_user is a Koha::Patron object that is stashed by C4::Auth
12:05 TimothyAlexis When resetting password, the user isn't logged in.
12:06 tcohen right
12:06 tcohen what is the strategy you're thinking for this?
12:06 tcohen someohow you need to identify the patron category
12:06 TimothyAlexis Yeah
12:07 TimothyAlexis I mean, when I made the patch previously, there was one rule for all :)
12:07 tcohen looking
12:07 tcohen at the patch
12:08 TimothyAlexis the username is passed from and used here: <input type=    "hidden" name="username" value="[% username | html %    ]" />
12:12 tcohen yes
12:12 tcohen that's what I was just looking at
12:13 tcohen just fetch the Koha::Patron object on the .pl
12:13 tcohen in that case, and pass it to the template
12:13 tcohen then use it to set the values for your JS
12:13 tcohen like in
12:13 TimothyAlexis like in
12:14 TimothyAlexis my $patron         = Koha::Patrons->find( $borrowernumber );
12:14 tcohen password: { password_strong: [% IF patron.category.effective...%]true}
12:16 TimothyAlexis In opac/, why is use Koha::Patrons; declared twice?
12:20 fridolin left #koha
12:27 TimothyAlexis hmm, when I'm looking at the .pl file it seems that these are determined in there and passed to the template
12:28 TimothyAlexis This seems to work, but is it correct?
12:28 TimothyAlexis [% PROCESS '' new_password => 'newPassword', minPasswordLength => minPasswordLength, RequireStrongPassword => RequireStrongPassword %]
12:28 ashimema[m] bug 25261 back at you cait
12:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25261 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Signed Off , Multiple parts handling - confirmation alert
12:29 ashimema[m] man, that's a bug that just keeps giving
12:35 TimothyAlexis I'll have to look at this again tomorrow
12:35 TimothyAlexis bye guyes
12:47 inlibro joined #koha
12:48 marie-luce joined #koha
12:51 davidnind left #koha
12:51 marie-luce joined #koha
13:00 khall joined #koha
13:19 chris_n` joined #koha
13:47 inlibro joined #koha
14:07 chris_n` joined #koha
14:48 inlibro joined #koha
14:49 reiveune left #koha
15:48 inlibro joined #koha
16:03 cait joined #koha
16:06 cait1 joined #koha
16:43 lucyvh joined #koha
16:48 inlibro joined #koha
17:00 thd joined #koha
17:03 lucyvh joined #koha
17:09 marie-luce joined #koha
17:11 thd Is there a meeting now?
17:13 lucyvh I thought there was a doc meeting?
17:15 thd The time on this occasion is a little better for me as it is not when I am travelling to work.
17:15 marie-luce I'm trying to reach Caroline, but she's not around
17:15 thd However, perhaps the time and / or date has eluded others.
17:20 thd Trying to reduce my usual pattern of running myself down at all hours is killing my productivity and greatly complicating my preparations to obtain repairs in my one room place.
17:22 caroline agh, sorry!
17:22 caroline Ithought it was later
17:22 caroline who's around for the meeting?
17:23 marie-luce I'm here
17:23 thd It usually has been later, but this time happens to work for me at present.
17:23 thd present
17:23 lucyvh I'm around
17:23 caroline Ok I guess we can do a shortened version of the meeting
17:23 caroline I apologize again :(
17:24 khall_ joined #koha
17:24 marie-luce Hi everyone
17:24 caroline #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 17 September 2020
17:24 huginn Meeting started Thu Sep 17 17:24:52 2020 UTC.  The chair is caroline. Information about MeetBot at
17:24 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
17:24 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 17 September 2020)
17:24 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_17_september_2020'
17:24 caroline #topic Introductions
17:24 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 17 September 2020)
17:25 caroline please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes
17:25 lucyvh Don't worry!, Hope  it hasn't disturbed you from something nice
17:25 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro
17:25 marie-luce #info Marie-Luce Laflamme, inLibro
17:25 lucyvh #info Lucy Vaux-Harvey, PTFS Europe
17:25 caroline I was actually on lunch break and my cat was sleeping on my lap :D I couldn't get up of course
17:26 lucyvh Of course :)
17:26 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
17:27 caroline #topic  Review of action points
17:27 Topic for #koha is now Review of action points (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 17 September 2020)
17:27 caroline #link agenda https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]17_September_2020
17:27 caroline Action points from last meeting were both for me
17:27 caroline I invited henryb to the Taiga board - done
17:28 caroline I have been through 20.11 release notes, but not recently...
17:28 caroline There is already a lot to do, so if you're looking for anything to do, check Taiga or bugzilla
17:29 caroline #topic  Project updates
17:29 Topic for #koha is now Project updates (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 17 September 2020)
17:29 caroline thd, do you have any new information on the wiki upgrade?
17:30 thd Only, that I am slowly restarting concluding work.
17:31 thd I have been trying to obtain apartment repairs and having great difficulty with that.
17:32 thd COVID-19 has given me a much larger and exhausting work schedule.
17:33 ivandz joined #koha
17:33 caroline #info thd is slowly restarting work on wiki after hiatus
17:33 caroline #topic  What's been done so far
17:33 Topic for #koha is now What's been done so far (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 17 September 2020)
17:33 sophie_m joined #koha
17:34 thd My usual work pattern is to stay up all hours and work until I can no longer stay awake but running down my immune system in that manner.
17:34 caroline I forgot to ask, anybody else had updates on projects?
17:35 thd ... is dangerous so I have had to slow down to protect myself from being a COVID-19 victim.
17:35 caroline yes definitely
17:35 caroline especially if you're in NY city
17:36 lucyvh Yes, take care
17:36 henryb joined #koha
17:36 caroline getting back to what's been done so far, I've had quite a few merge requests for the manual, so that's great!
17:37 marie-luce unfortunately, no. I was away. So I should manage to spend some time on checking if Documentation bugs are still relevant
17:37 henryb Sorry, I'm late. I got the time confused
17:38 caroline same henryb!
17:38 henryb Thanks for adding me Caroline!
17:38 caroline glad you could make it!
17:38 henryb caroline++
17:38 marie-luce Hi henryb
17:38 marie-luce caroline++
17:38 henryb Hi!
17:39 caroline anything to add as for work that's been done since last meeting?
17:39 henryb No sorry, I haven't done any actual work yet
17:39 caroline no worries
17:39 caroline we all have busy work and personal lives :)
17:40 ivandz Hi all! Maybe somebody knows. After turn on ElasticSearch my operators (sn: ID, an:ID, ) don't work. But search works good....Why? Thanks.
17:40 caroline #topic  Content development guidelines
17:40 Topic for #koha is now Content development guidelines (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 17 September 2020)
17:41 caroline Since davidnind is not here, I think we should skip this topic
17:41 caroline unless someone wants to clarify something?
17:43 caroline ok then moving on!
17:43 caroline #topic  Next steps
17:43 Topic for #koha is now Next steps (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 17 September 2020)
17:43 caroline So 20.11 release is fast approaching
17:44 caroline If you have to choose on what to write, please give priority to new features and enhancements over anything else
17:45 caroline #info priorities are 20.11 new features and enhancements
17:46 lucyvh Will try to get to some
17:47 marie-luce I will try to
17:47 henryb I will also try
17:47 caroline I tend to get lost in updating whole sections... but I think we should concentrate on adding the new features
17:48 henryb Is there a cut off date for updating the 20.11 manual?
17:48 caroline no
17:48 inlibro joined #koha
17:49 caroline it is constantly updated
17:49 caroline it's just that when we will create the 21.05 manual, it will be harder to get new things in the 20.11 manual
17:50 caroline we're constantly behind the developers (obviously, we can't document before they make the features)
17:50 caroline #off brb, someone's at the door
17:52 caroline back!
17:52 thd In some impossible world with infinite capacities we could document all possible features and then hide what had not yet been implemented until implemented. :)
17:53 caroline we'd need a big docs team! hehe
17:53 marie-luce sounds like a good plan!
17:53 caroline we should document new features and then the devs make then lol
17:54 caroline #topic  Set time of next meeting
17:54 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 17 September 2020)
17:54 caroline is october 15 good for y'all?
17:54 thd +1
17:54 lucyvh Yep
17:55 marie-luce +1
17:55 henryb Yes
17:55 caroline it will be just before Kohacon
17:56 caroline is 18 UTC good?
17:56 caroline It's one hour later than now
17:56 caroline just to make sure I'm at least back from lunch hehe!
17:56 thd I can probably attend at 18.00 UTC
17:56 caroline 7am in NZ and 7pm in London
17:56 caroline i2pm in american Eastern
17:57 lucyvh Yes good for me
17:57 caroline ok then!
17:57 caroline #info Next meeting: 15 October 2020, 18 UTC
17:57 caroline #endmeeting
17:57 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
17:57 huginn Meeting ended Thu Sep 17 17:57:44 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
17:57 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-09-17-17.24.html
17:57 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]0-09-17-17.24.txt
17:57 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]17-17.24.log.html
17:57 caroline thank y'all!
17:57 caroline sorry for the late start :(
17:58 marie-luce thank you caroline
17:58 caroline I blame my cat, he can't respond hehe!
17:58 henryb thanks caroline! Bye everyone!
17:58 lucyvh Thanks Caroline, and everyone
18:05 davidnind joined #koha
18:16 khall joined #koha
18:21 cait1 oh no, i missed it :(
18:26 davidnind me too!
18:26 oleonard me too! (just kidding I was here but I didn't tell)
18:27 davidnind caroline: apologies, I looked at the date for the meeting, but didn't check the time properly :-/
18:27 cait1 oleonard: you are being bad
18:27 cait1 i set an alarm but was so entangled in acq migration data i forgot what it was for (and kept pushing snooze...)
18:28 cait1 which is the truth... bud sounds a little strange maybe
18:28 oleonard cait1 that sounds like the opposite of not wanting to wake up because you're having a good dream
18:28 cait1 this data is driving me crazy, but i had a few breakthroughs (i hope)
18:29 cait1 the problem might be that noone else is going to understand what I was doing there...
18:31 davidnind waiting for the movie: Nightmare on Migration Street - The Acquisition Tales
18:37 cait1 LOL
18:37 cait1 davidnind++ :)
18:38 cait1 brb
18:44 cait joined #koha
18:48 inlibro joined #koha
19:46 ashimema[m] Lol
19:48 inlibro joined #koha
20:06 cait ashimema[m]: i am sorryi am going ot fail multi part again
20:06 cait the renew works without your patches
20:06 cait i just retested
20:10 cait i think it's really the last bit we need to get right now
20:10 cait almost there...
20:10 ashimema[m] I thought your already had
20:10 ashimema[m] I'm saving reading the comment for tomorrow
20:11 ashimema[m] What's wrong with it now?
20:22 ivandz joined #koha
20:22 cait still the renew
20:22 cait it works without your patch, but not with it
20:44 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:49 inlibro joined #koha
21:18 kathryn joined #koha
21:49 inlibro joined #koha
22:49 inlibro joined #koha
23:49 inlibro joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary