IRC log for #koha, 2020-08-26

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:13 inlibro joined #koha
00:22 khall joined #koha
00:42 aleisha_ joined #koha
00:59 lukeG joined #koha
01:10 khall joined #koha
01:13 inlibro joined #koha
02:13 inlibro joined #koha
02:16 aleisha_ joined #koha
03:11 kathryn joined #koha
03:13 inlibro joined #koha
03:55 aleisha_ joined #koha
04:14 inlibro joined #koha
04:42 khall joined #koha
04:59 chriss joined #koha
05:13 dcook Wow checkauth() is 800+ lines of code...
05:14 inlibro joined #koha
05:15 khall joined #koha
05:58 wshealy joined #koha
06:14 inlibro joined #koha
06:19 did joined #koha
06:27 kohaputti joined #koha
06:40 cait joined #koha
06:59 alex_a joined #koha
06:59 alex_a Bonjour
07:01 cait1 joined #koha
07:02 Joubu dcook: git-bz crashes with a timeout if you wait too long before the confirmation (with -e). Otherwise it never crashes for me
07:02 cait2 joined #koha
07:02 reiveune joined #koha
07:02 dcook Joubu: I think in my case it's usually when attaching multiple patches
07:02 Joubu hum no, the confirmation is even without -e
07:02 reiveune hello
07:02 dcook allo alex_a, reiveune (and obviously Joubu)
07:03 Joubu I do that several times per day and no crashes
07:03 dcook Hmm weird
07:03 lds joined #koha
07:03 dcook I do have an odd networking setup
07:03 dcook A little 3G modem likes injecting a 2nd default route into my route table
07:03 dcook Very irritating
07:03 dcook Often ends up slowing down network traffic so maybe that's the culprit..
07:04 * dcook shrugs
07:04 dcook Trying to write a patch before finishing up for the day..
07:04 Joubu ha, that's somethign else then :)
07:04 Joubu about 26231 - only for 19.11?
07:05 fridolin joined #koha
07:10 dcook Joubu: Hmm not sure. I see that it says 19.11 but I'm not sure why. Not sure if me or someone else set that. I might've set it by accident, as I've seen it in 19.11 although I checked in master so it should be master too...
07:13 cait2 bug 26231
07:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26231 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , does not import authority if it already has a 001 field
07:14 cait2 the history mmight tell, but often people set the version they tested with
07:14 inlibro joined #koha
07:14 dcook I probably set it to 19.11 on my first prod test
07:14 dcook Then didn't think to unset it after writing and testing against master
07:15 cait2 https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]vity.cgi?id=26231 it was filed 19.11 - no changes since initial filing
07:17 alexbuckley joined #koha
07:20 dcook Makes sense
07:21 dcook Just changed it to master :p
07:23 tcohen joined #koha
07:25 Joubu kohaputti: on bug 16357, "To truly prevent any issues we probably would have to hard code the log4perl.conf". What do you mean?
07:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16357 normal, P3, ---, dcook, Failed QA , Plack error logs are not time stamped
07:25 kohaputti Joubu, the sysadmin could make thing log to /dev/null if they wanted
07:25 kohaputti we have no way to prevent that :D
07:26 dcook The sysadmin could just turn off Koha :p
07:27 Joubu yes, sysadmins can do whatever they want :)
07:28 * dcook almost has a fix for bug 26301
07:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26301 normal, P5 - low, ---, dcook, NEW , Self-checkout blocks renew for overdues even when OverduesBlockRenewing allows it in
07:29 kohaputti Joubu, dcook so the best we can do I think is that we check there is some kind of configuration for these log4perl logging categories, and then inform about those issues in page (which as I commented should be another bug report)
07:30 dcook I think so
07:30 dcook Basically, my patch checks to see if there is any log appenders
07:30 dcook If there isn't, don't use the middleware, so just output to stderr which daemon puts into plack-error.log
07:31 dcook If there are Log4perl appenders (whatever they are), then use the middleware to use those appenders for the output
07:31 dcook They could actually be appenders that output to STDERR which puts them in plack-error.log still
07:31 Joubu yes, that's exactly what we need
07:32 kohaputti dcook, reading appender seems the right place to check actually, it decides whether something is outputted from log4perl according to that documention
07:32 dcook But the problem with that is that the middleware uses categories
07:32 dcook So you could have PLACKOPAC defined as an appender, but if no category uses it, you're still screwed
07:33 dcook I think the patch I used in the end is probably the best a person can do, although I'm open to alternatives
07:34 kohaputti dcook, hmm, I thought this checked the appenders for the given category so I don't see the issue
07:34 kohaputti Log::Log4perl->get_logger('​plack-opac')->has_appenders
07:34 kohaputti it only returns true if plack-opac category has appenders
07:35 kohaputti dcook, is there some way to define a appender for category and not use it?
07:36 dcook "Log::Log4perl->get_logger('​plack-opac')->has_appenders " is what I used in the patch and that should be solid
07:37 kohaputti yes I think so too
07:37 dcook "dcook, is there some way to define a appender for category and not use it?" appenders are defined for categories. Appenders are defined independently and then attached to categories.
07:37 dcook ack
07:37 dcook "appenders are not defined for categories"*
07:37 magnuse joined #koha
07:40 kohaputti dcook, yeah, I see it now, thanks for the explanation
07:41 magnuse \o/
07:41 dcook No worries :D
07:41 dcook On that note, I should really go home heh
07:42 magnuse noooo, stay a little longer and fix all the things!
07:43 dcook But hopefully I already fixed all the things O_O
07:43 dcook No no one has time for that..
07:44 dcook I thought it was good timing talking about dropping support for IE 11 lately since Microsoft itself plans to drop support in 3 months heh
07:45 dcook Ok really going now
07:45 dcook Hope you all have a good day :D
07:45 magnuse have fun, dcook
07:46 khall joined #koha
07:56 Joubu is bugzilla super slow, or it's just me?
08:06 kohaputti Joubu, seems to work alright for me, browsing and searching
08:07 Joubu yes it's back to normal now
08:14 inlibro joined #koha
09:03 kathryn joined #koha
09:14 inlibro joined #koha
09:17 Joubu @later tell kidclamp please add bug 25758 on top of your list
09:17 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
09:31 Joubu cait2: bug 25630 depends on bug 24399, is that correct?
09:31 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25630 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Signed Off , More capitalization and terminology fixes for system preferences
09:31 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24399 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , New permission to edit "system-level" news items
09:31 hibbes joined #koha
09:39 hibbes Hello! We are trying to migrate our SchoolLibrary to koha. We imported all Books with MarcEdit and they appear in Koha. But we need to generate one item for every book (over fivethousend). But we dont't know how. :-/.
09:45 hibbes left #koha
09:53 cait2 Joubu: looks like one of my usual typos :(
09:53 cait2 i don't think there is a rela depedency
09:54 cait2 probably another interface one i linked that is already pushed, I will remove the link
09:54 cait2 gone for lunch, available a bit later
10:00 cait joined #koha
10:02 lmstrand joined #koha
10:15 inlibro joined #koha
10:27 khall joined #koha
10:37 cait joined #koha
10:38 fridolin joined #koha
10:41 alexbuckley joined #koha
10:46 khall joined #koha
10:46 Joubu kohaputti: 26015 - what's the value of $KOHA_INTRANET_URL env var?
10:46 kohaputti empty
10:46 kohaputti I used docker exec -it koha_koha_1 bash
10:46 kohaputti to get to the container
10:46 kohaputti and then I ran prove after that
10:48 kohaputti hmm, the kohadev user also has it empty
10:48 Joubu that's not expected
10:48 Joubu are you on ktd's master?
10:49 kohaputti it's probably few months since I downloaded ktd, I will fetch the latest version and let you know
10:49 khall_ joined #koha
10:49 Joubu export KOHA_INTRANET_URL=http://koha:8081
10:49 Joubu should do it
10:52 kohaputti Joubu, I understand why it is not set for me, I run it using the instruction in # Manually of README, instead of those fancy scripts/aliases :)
10:54 Joubu I don't use them either
11:04 tcohen why self punishment?
11:05 tcohen :P
11:05 tcohen good morning
11:05 cait2 back
11:09 Joubu tcohen: ctrl-R is my friend
11:09 tcohen kd is handy to start over
11:09 Joubu and it does not set the koha-image, so it's not super useful imo
11:09 tcohen ku + ku is a gret combo
11:10 tcohen I have it set in my .bashrc
11:10 Joubu I have a one line in my history with cd + down + up. It works great :
11:10 Joubu :)
11:13 tcohen Joubu about your bug 22343 question
11:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22343 new feature, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Add SMTP configuration options to Administration
11:14 tcohen I think it was because some exceptions propagated and raised more warnings that I needed to test
11:14 tcohen I'm not sure that still stands as there's no unique constraint on the smtp_servers.library_id column
11:15 inlibro joined #koha
11:15 Joubu we should not get more warnings
11:15 Joubu or you are cheating :D
11:17 tcohen I will check
11:17 tcohen thanks for the feedback
11:42 fridolin joined #koha
11:45 magnuse do we have an example of a koha with lots of arabic records? someone asked about it on facebook...
11:47 janncis__ hello I get this wierd error while importing patrons wia
11:47 janncis__ use of uninitialized values $borrowers{"cardnumber"} in string eq at Koha/Patrons/ line 137
11:48 oleonard joined #koha
11:49 oleonard o/
11:50 janncis__ that error is for all entries
11:59 magnuse janncis__: do you have a cardnumber in your data?
11:59 janncis__ yes, I double checked it
12:02 lds joined #koha
12:04 wizzyrea joined #koha
12:09 marcelr joined #koha
12:09 marcelr hi #koha
12:09 marcelr oleonard++ # signoff
12:10 oleonard You arrived just in time :)
12:11 marcelr you were not leaving ?
12:15 inlibro joined #koha
12:16 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:39 caroline joined #koha
12:50 Joubu wiki is down
12:51 Joubu so cannot see who is hosting it
12:51 Joubu gmcharlt maybe?
12:51 Joubu hum not "down" actually
12:51 Joubu but dying
12:52 jzairo joined #koha
12:52 Joubu back to normal now, sorry for the noise
13:03 tcohen @later tell oleonard is it ok to have bootstrap@4.5.2 on your patchset?
13:03 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
13:07 oleonard tcohen as far as I know it is
13:07 tcohen it actually is
13:07 tcohen I reset the package.json file to current master
13:07 tcohen and yarn add bootstrap
13:07 tcohen and things are going smooth so far
13:15 inlibro joined #koha
13:18 oleonard I have to leave for a while but I'll be back to look again tcohen
13:18 tcohen cool
13:22 lukeG1 joined #koha
13:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23653: Add license information in <[…]175d646b29558fe71>
13:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23653: Remove uneeded cond test <[…]28dfab2d7f7048375>
13:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26175: Remove warn if undefined barcode in misc/ <[…]983fdf839467bfdf4>
13:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26014: Add publication year and edition to Z39.50 results in acquisition <[…]96b08465defa59aff>
13:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26013: Fix formatting for dates on "Manage stage MARC records" page <[…]c435ac8bea6550c82>
13:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23653: use local copy of swagger v2 schema <[…]45d4f9647c2b3b428>
13:24 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25129: Update German (de-DE) web installer sample files for 20.05 <[…]08c0f676e93fd5566>
13:25 tcohen JOubu++
13:25 tcohen Joubu++
13:28 cait2 Joubu++
13:35 wizzyrea joined #koha
13:36 magnuse Joubu++
13:39 gmcharlt Joubu: I checked the wiki server, don't see any immediately reason for downtime; will chalk it up to a glitch for now
13:41 Joubu thanks gmcharlt for having a look!
13:49 Joubu dev meeting in 10min!
13:55 tcohen (y)
14:00 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 26 August 2020
14:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Aug 26 14:00:54 2020 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
14:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2020)
14:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_26_august_2020'
14:00 Joubu #topic Introductions
14:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2020)
14:01 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:01 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
14:01 Joubu qa_team
14:01 Joubu qa_team?
14:01 wahanui qa_team is cait Joubu marcelr kohaputti josef_moravec tcohen kidclamp khall ashimema alex_a jajm matts
14:02 Joubu rmaints?
14:02 wahanui lukeG, aleisha, and tuxayo, I SUMMON THEE!!
14:02 talljoy joined #koha
14:02 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:02 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy
14:02 kohaputti #info Joonas Kylmälä
14:04 Joubu #topic Announcements
14:04 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2020)
14:04 Joubu Anyone have something?
14:04 tcohen can we self promote our devs?
14:04 tcohen he
14:05 marcelr good idea
14:05 tcohen Bug 22343 is ready for testing
14:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22343 new feature, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Add SMTP configuration options to Administration
14:05 marcelr smtp again
14:05 tcohen kudos to khall, ashimema[m] and JOubu for QA feedback
14:06 Joubu #info the SMTP configuration admin page feature is ready for testing! bug 22343
14:06 Joubu marcelr, do you have one?
14:06 Joubu I have 3, but I have a dedicated section for that ;)
14:06 marcelr every bug that i submitted :)
14:07 tcohen I have another announcement
14:07 Joubu #info Marcel has patches waiting for signoff!
14:07 tcohen I'm working on merging the Koha2Koha ILL backend into core Koha
14:07 tcohen once I have it working I'll file a bug and submit the patches, the challenges are translatability
14:08 tcohen on the current layout
14:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #80: SUCCESS in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U20/80/
14:08 Joubu why translatibility?
14:09 tcohen there are some bad design decisions on the ILL stuff, that prevent it
14:09 Joubu #info Tomas is going to adjust the Koha2Koha ILL backend to have it into Koha core
14:09 Joubu k
14:09 Joubu something else?
14:09 tcohen shortcuts
14:09 amoyano joined #koha
14:09 Joubu #topic Update from the Release Manager 20.11
14:09 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager 20.11 (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2020)
14:09 Joubu I forgot:
14:09 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ng_26_August_2020
14:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1416: SUCCESS in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1416/
14:10 Joubu I am harassing the QA team to have them on the^Mmy 3 top priority bugs: task queue, merge deleted* table, and the move to bootstrap 4
14:10 kidclamp i am going over the merge
14:10 Joubu You must watch regularly and put your attention on
14:10 Joubu there are 2 major bugs that are waiting for too long already
14:10 tcohen I'm looking at the bootstrap one and communicating with oleonard about the things I find
14:10 Joubu yep, thanks kidclamp!
14:11 Joubu I don't have anything to say apart that it's now or... maybe never
14:11 Joubu at least not for 20.11 if not ready very soon
14:11 marcelr push the merge one now
14:12 Joubu and I will certainly drop some of them (tired of rebasing them)
14:12 tcohen yeah, push it
14:12 tcohen haha
14:12 Joubu I don't want to bypass QA for such big changes
14:12 tcohen Nick is on it
14:12 marcelr i try the task q friday?
14:12 Joubu you will like it marcelr!
14:12 tcohen Joubu about the holds table, does your message imply that you expect a regression test for that?
14:13 Joubu the task queue opens door for a lot of great feature, and will fix lot of the long standing issues we have with the background jobs
14:13 cait2 #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:13 Joubu tcohen: I was thinking about it, and had to drop the idea somehwere, nothing else
14:13 tcohen ok, that concern is covered
14:13 tcohen I can take a look at tests, just in case
14:13 cait2 sorry for being a little late
14:14 Joubu cait++
14:14 Joubu for being late
14:14 Joubu :D
14:14 cait2 that's a first - what did you sign me up for already?
14:14 Joubu #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:14 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2020)
14:14 Joubu I don't think we have any
14:14 Joubu #topic Updates from the QA team
14:14 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2020)
14:15 Joubu you are actually right in time for your topic :)
14:15 marcelr just in time cait2
14:15 cait2 oh oops
14:15 marcelr she cut the queue remarkably
14:15 Joubu #info Stable releases are coming soon!
14:15 cait2 #info QA queue is in pretty good shape right now, but needs work to stay that way, big patches waiting
14:15 Joubu FQA is pretty bad :D
14:15 inlibro joined #koha
14:15 khall joined #koha
14:15 cait2 yes, but some complicated things remain, i hope to get your help with that
14:16 marcelr and how about In discussion :)
14:16 cait2 and some will jump back into the queue when their devs return from holidays probably :)
14:16 cait2 i especially woudl be happy about help with SIP patches
14:16 cait2 and the aformentioned big 3
14:17 Joubu bug 21979
14:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21979 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Add option to SIP2 config to send arbitrary item field in CR instead of collection code
14:17 Joubu bug 25541
14:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25541 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Add ability to prevent checkin via SIP of items with holds
14:17 cait2 also someone else running the Elasticsearch.t  and see if they can reproduce my failure
14:17 Joubu Who around is familiar with SIP?
14:17 cait2 bug 26250
14:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26250 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Test suite does not pass if Elastic is used as search engine
14:17 kohaputti cait2, I can help with SIP
14:18 Joubu thanks kohaputti!
14:18 cait2 that would be great
14:18 cait2 note: bug 25261 also has a sip component
14:18 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25261 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Signed Off , Multiple parts handling - confirmation alert
14:18 cait2 so if someone could take care of that, i am happy to test in the GUI
14:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #335: SUCCESS in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/335/
14:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #879: ABORTED in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/879/
14:19 Joubu Also, I need some QA help on bug 25758, more brainstorming.
14:19 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25758 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Items scheduled for automatic renewal do not show that they will not renew due to a hold
14:19 cait2 i probably forgot something, but that's it from me basically :)
14:19 Joubu kidclamp is going to ask some Bywater educators, but additional feedback would be great
14:19 cait2 ah, it seemed to work well on staff side, more issues found? have to check on that later
14:20 Joubu cait2: I cheat, lot of changes from the patch were not advertised
14:20 Joubu so it's not only opac-user that needs to be tested
14:20 Joubu ok, moving on
14:20 Joubu #Actions from last meeting
14:20 Joubu #topic Actions from last meeting
14:20 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2020)
14:21 Joubu #topic ashimema is going to add his stamp on 20168
14:21 Topic for #koha is now ashimema is going to add his stamp on 20168 (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2020)
14:21 Joubu It's done!
14:21 cait2 bug 20168
14:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20168 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Update of the OPAC bootstrap template to bootstrap v4
14:21 Joubu #info ashimema signed off 20168, thanks!
14:21 Joubu #topic ashimema is collecting notes about bug 15522 and is going to review and dig a bit more into the code
14:21 Topic for #koha is now ashimema is collecting notes about bug 15522 and is going to review and dig a bit more into the code (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2020)
14:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15522 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , New interface for revamped circulation rules
14:21 Joubu still in progress
14:21 Joubu #action ashimema is collecting notes about bug 15522 and is going to review and dig a bit more into the code (postponed)
14:21 Joubu #topic ashimema to propose a guideline ragarding using direction object notation rather than indirect object notation (postponed)
14:21 Topic for #koha is now ashimema to propose a guideline ragarding using direction object notation rather than indirect object notation (postponed) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2020)
14:22 cait2 wrong tag?
14:22 Joubu #info A guideline for remove indirect object notation has been written and available at  https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]t_Object_Notation
14:22 Joubu I don't think we need to vote on it
14:23 Joubu #info there is a bug ready for testing: Bug 25898 - Prohibit indirect object notation
14:23 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25898 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Prohibit indirect object notation
14:23 marcelr We are not going to change all occurrences ?
14:23 Joubu yes we are
14:23 Joubu the patch is there already
14:23 marcelr rebase party?
14:23 Joubu easy conflicts :)
14:23 marcelr conflicts--
14:23 Joubu most of the occurrences are new CGI
14:24 Joubu better now than later IMO
14:24 Joubu we will certainly have to do it anyway
14:24 marcelr perl 7
14:24 cait2 is it just style or does/will have it an effect?
14:25 cait2 ah, deprecation?
14:26 marcelr but we vote for the guideline not for the bulk change
14:26 Joubu I did not plan to vote on that
14:26 Joubu should we?
14:26 marcelr well not for me, it is obvious better
14:26 Joubu :)
14:27 marcelr just making the difference
14:27 tcohen let's fix it
14:27 Joubu I opened a perl 7 omnibus, in case we have other things to deal with
14:27 Joubu bug 26303
14:27 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26303 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , [OMNIBUS] Preparing for Perl 7
14:27 tcohen we could make a rule: you touch a file with indirect calls, you're oblighed to fix it inline
14:27 Joubu I would prefer a fix all at once patch
14:28 cait2 maybe we could add a link to the perl 7 thing to the cuideline
14:28 Joubu let's continue the discussion on the bug report if you want to
14:28 cait2 as a reminder of why
14:28 Joubu there is a link to https://www.effectiveperlprogr[…]-object-notation/
14:29 cait2 oh sorry, i missed that
14:29 cait2 i was expecting it on top
14:29 cait2 can we have the QA tools look for it as well please?
14:29 Joubu #info tuxayo integrate the RMaint-handover-draft into the "release maintenance" wiki page (postponed)
14:29 Joubu I talked with him, he will get back to it soon
14:29 Joubu #action tuxayo integrate the RMaint-handover-draft into the "release maintenance" wiki page (postponed)
14:30 Joubu #info davidnind Find and update relevant places to record Perl version required, including release notes, manual and wiki (one source of the truth): update - still working on this (postponed)
14:30 Joubu and I don't have news from this
14:30 Joubu #action davidnind Find and update relevant places to record Perl version required, including release notes, manual and wiki (one source of the truth): update - still working on this (postponed)
14:30 Joubu #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:30 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2020)
14:31 Joubu ha cait2, got it now :)
14:31 Joubu I am slow you now
14:31 Joubu indeed, I mixed info and topic
14:31 Joubu subtopic is missing
14:31 Joubu #subtopic
14:31 Joubu anyone, an additional discussion?
14:31 Joubu ideas?
14:31 wahanui ideas are good!
14:32 cait2 not right now
14:32 cait2 maybe just a reminder: please write nice commit messages
14:32 cait2 the trend is to minimalistic
14:32 marcelr i have two patches underway dealing with availability on opac xslt results
14:33 marcelr always candidates for In Discussion
14:33 cait2 tricky area, haven't read yet
14:34 Joubu marcelr: bug numbers?
14:34 marcelr bug 21260
14:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21260 normal, P5 - low, ---,, Needs Signoff , Improve the Availability line of OPAC XSLT search results
14:34 marcelr bug 26302
14:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26302 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, ASSIGNED , OPAC XSLT Results: List variable number of itemcallnumbers
14:34 marcelr some nasty xslt there
14:34 marcelr with keys and generate etc
14:35 cait2 also quite a bit of configuration options at play whne i remember correctly
14:35 Joubu I wrote that few weeks ago and pushed yesterday, maybe related? bug 26139
14:35 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26139 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to master , 'Place hold' button isn't hidden in all detail views if there are no items available for loan
14:35 Joubu it's not about xslt, but availability
14:35 cait2 always have refused to try and customize that
14:36 Joubu not really
14:37 Joubu marcelr: how do you want to promote them?
14:37 marcelr good question; an old problem
14:37 Joubu maybe you could detail the gain it will bring, and ask the general ML for a signoff?
14:38 marcelr my impression is that mailing the regular ML does not trigger signoffs
14:38 Joubu it depends on how you sell it :)
14:38 marcelr good developers cannot sell
14:38 Joubu haha, true
14:38 marcelr and the opposite around
14:39 Joubu I think it could help to list the different situations
14:39 Joubu the bad old ones, and how your patch will fix them
14:39 Joubu even for us, developers
14:40 Joubu or maybe it's the test plan from comment 8
14:40 marcelr we'll see
14:40 Joubu ok
14:40 Joubu I think a before vs after could help
14:40 kidclamp I only looked quickly marcel, but it seems you remove some info from non-available items, I think that should be optional
14:41 kidclamp rather hide dsipaly than take it away entirely
14:41 marcelr good observation
14:41 Joubu #info
14:42 Joubu #info Please have a look at bug 21260 (Improve the Availability line of OPAC XSLT search results)
14:42 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21260 normal, P5 - low, ---,, Needs Signoff , Improve the Availability line of OPAC XSLT search results
14:42 Joubu ok moving on
14:42 Joubu #topic Review of coding guidelines
14:42 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2020)
14:42 Joubu we have something!
14:42 marcelr kidclamp: there is even an old report asking for callnumbers on all statuses
14:42 Joubu #info Don't use input type "number" in favor of using a pattern check instead
14:43 Joubu #link[…]type-for-numbers/
14:43 Joubu #link https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=17098
14:43 huginn Bug 17098: normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Validation problems with form field type "number" (decimal separator)
14:44 Joubu cait2: did you add that?
14:44 Joubu was the idea to vote or propose a guideline at the next meeting?
14:44 marcelr how often did we use that ?
14:44 Joubu it happens
14:44 Joubu twice last week ;)
14:45 marcelr 10-15 files
14:45 marcelr 20
14:45 Joubu #action Joubu open a bug report for the QA script to catch input type number
14:46 Joubu I read the link when ashimema[m] sent it and it made sense
14:46 marcelr yes, it makes sense
14:46 Joubu now I have to admit I cannot remember what was the arguments
14:47 Joubu ok, Martin is on vacation so...
14:47 marcelr could be coming from the accessiblity community
14:47 Joubu #action ashimema write a guideline to forbid usage for type "number"
14:48 Joubu and we are good I think
14:48 Joubu it said "review of the coding guideline" but there is no guideline
14:48 Joubu anything more, anyone?
14:48 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
14:48 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 26 August 2020)
14:49 Joubu #info Next meeting: 9 September 2020, 20 UTC
14:50 Joubu @later tell rangi the next dev meeting is scheduled for 9 September 2020, 20 UTC. Can you confirm 20 UTC is good for nz/au?
14:50 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:50 Joubu #endmeeting
14:50 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:50 huginn Meeting ended Wed Aug 26 14:50:13 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:50 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-08-26-14.00.html
14:50 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]0-08-26-14.00.txt
14:50 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]26-14.00.log.html
14:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_Deps build #60: SUCCESS in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ster_D10_Deps/60/
14:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #73: UNSTABLE in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D11/73/
14:56 cait2 ugh sorry, phone call
14:57 cait2 Joubu: i wrote "New" proposing a new guideline so can tell people to stop using number
14:57 cait2 see also the bug i linked, we had tons of troubel with it in context of I18N
14:58 cait2 also accessibility, which ashimema's report focuses on
14:58 cait2 so multiple reasons
14:58 kohaputti I just noticed Joubu's QA team email regarding those big bugs needing QA. I just wanted to remind you all what I said earlier about that I have not found the follow-up patch style of fixes good for doing QA quickly. It takes so much longer for me to get into knowing the true intention of the commits when I have to switch between multiple commits messages instead of reading one story at a time. I think doing revision of patches is
14:58 kohaputti better way and adding note on the commit about what was changed since previous revision so everybody remembers what is fixed already.
14:58 margaret joined #koha
14:59 cait2 hm the first commit shoudl have the full story
14:59 kohaputti just saying this aloud again in case some other people join my single person movement towards revision based patches :P
14:59 cait2 but not sure what revision based would mean
14:59 kohaputti cait2, no, the commit message should be about the patch content
14:59 cait2 i don't want to review all the code again when i just want to know how they fixed the bug i found
14:59 cait2 that's why i really like follow-up patches
15:00 cait2 but maybe i am misudnerstanding how it would work your way
15:01 cait2 i don't usually reveiw one after the other, but the patches altogether, just checking in the second, third... round the follow-ups for requested changes specifically
15:01 kohaputti cait2, you probably understood right, here you have to do the review again every time
15:02 kohaputti cait2, if you review all together you need to use something like git diff HEAD~X..HEAD for that and it misses the inteded story in the commit messages, you only get what is the story in the code which might be accidentally wrong
15:03 cait2 it depends on the patch
15:03 cait2 but yes, i use git diff HEAD~2.. or so
15:03 kohaputti the bug Joubu linked in QA team email,, would benefit of the revision, v1, v2, v3, etc. based patches
15:04 cait2 yes.... but one big patch?
15:04 kohaputti one patch per logical change
15:05 cait2 but even there... I find it worthwhile to see what was fixed how and where of the bugs found
15:05 cait2 it gives clues on where to look next
15:05 kohaputti like "Merge deleted_items to items table", second one "Merge deleted_biblioitems to biblioitems", etc.
15:06 cait2 i would have loved for this to be a bit more granular... like do one table after theother, but i was told it was not good to do that because it all touches the same code
15:06 kohaputti cait2, you have the discussion in bugzilla where you point out any mistakes found.
15:07 cait2 the commit messages n the follow up shoudl have some info too ideally
15:07 cait2 i guess there are pros and cons to both approaches
15:07 lisettelatah joined #koha
15:07 cait2 but that truly is the scariest bug we have right now
15:07 cait2 got to sign off work for now - bbl probably
15:10 kohaputti Other "pro" for the revision based approach was easy revertability of commits if needed, with follow-ups it seems really hard since you don't know which one of them you need to revert until you go trough all of them.
15:10 tcohen I love the approach we took for the holds table
15:11 tcohen because it focuses on preserving reports
15:11 tcohen and takes the opportunity to alter the column names following the currently agreed guidelines
15:13 tcohen I agree with moving forward with 20271, I'm just mentioning this because it is one of those things that worry us, service providers. All the work that will need to be done after this changes
15:16 inlibro joined #koha
15:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U16 build #52: SUCCESS in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U16/52/
15:24 reiveune bye
15:24 reiveune left #koha
15:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #373: SUCCESS in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/373/
15:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #397: STILL UNSTABLE in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/397/
15:46 wshealy joined #koha
15:57 wshealy Did anyone else loose hair and sleep the first time they installed Koha?
16:01 wshealy I have move on to challenges with library.conf in apache which koha create generated. It has no document root and I have no clue where it is finding the default apache page instead of koha intranet. I deleted apache default page from the default directory but it still finds it.
16:15 khall_ joined #koha
16:16 inlibro joined #koha
16:18 mtj hi wshealy, have you restarted apache after your apache changes?
16:18 mtj wshealy: this install guide is good -> https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ki/Koha_on_Debian
16:21 mtj $ sudo a2dissite 000-default
16:21 mtj $ apachectl restart
16:21 oleonard Hi again
16:24 mtj wshealy: ive been hacking on koha for a while... have no hair and its 4am
16:25 caroline_test joined #koha
16:32 wshealy yes
16:35 caroline joined #koha
16:43 wshealy Progress, now I'm down for maintenance. Just got to figure out how to get to koha install and onboard
16:49 khall joined #koha
17:04 cait joined #koha
17:16 inlibro joined #koha
17:17 wshealy Help, instead off the install login I'm getting offline for maintenance on both the itra and cat sides
17:21 wshealy mjt, thanks...I think I have come to the end of Koha on Debian and now have to figure out why I'm getting offline and not install login
17:51 oleonard wshealy I'm not sure what to suggest but it sounds like an Apache config problem. You're getting served the OPAC at both addresses.
17:52 wshealy Thanks
17:52 wshealy wish there was someone to talk too. doing this alone from home is no fun
18:16 inlibro joined #koha
18:26 wizzyrea wshealy, sudo koha-enable <whatever you called your instance>
18:26 wizzyrea no brackets
18:27 wizzyrea ^ it would be helpful to know if that's a "pretty" maintenance page, or a very texty looking maintenance page.
18:36 wshealy Pretty
18:45 wshealy Tired, taking a break
18:45 cait then it's probably the opac you are seeing
18:45 cait the staff side doesn't have a meintenance message
18:45 caroline anyone know what tax_rate_bak and tax_value_bak are for in aqorders?
18:45 wshealy yep don't know why...Debug apache not my strong suit
18:46 caroline in https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ders_endpoint_RFC it says they were removed, but I still see them
18:46 tcohen where do you see them?
18:46 tcohen we try to make the API expose what we belive is a good model for our data
18:47 caroline here and in my db http://schema.koha-community.o[…]les/aqorders.html
18:47 cait caroline: _bak = backup
18:47 tcohen but changing the underlying database structure requires much more efforts
18:47 cait new databases shouldn't have those
18:47 wshealy Thanks everybody, I'll be back --- far cry from loading wordpress  - need a break
18:47 caroline is it in update_database to remove them,?
18:47 cait they were used to backup values when the tax calculation was changed
18:47 cait i think we kept them for existing
18:48 cait that had the calculations remodel - safety measuere
18:48 caroline ah ok, then that's probably why
18:48 cait but when you look at a newish database/installatoin they should not be there
18:48 caroline I just update my database, I never create new ones
18:48 cait all ours have these i think ormost
18:48 caroline it's still in the schema though http://schema.koha-community.o[…]les/aqorders.html
18:48 cait hm ineresting
18:48 cait Joubu would know i think
18:48 cait hte was the tax rewriter
18:49 caroline acq are so complicated... (I'm trying to map existing data from another system to koha) just trying to figure out what all the different prices are and how they match, ugh
18:50 cait i feel you... i need to continue with that tomorrow
18:51 cait but i don't think you need to use them
18:51 cait if you look at new orders they shoudl not be filled
18:52 caroline yeah, I don't think they arefilled in my test db either. but I needed to know in case data from the old system should go in there
18:54 caroline old system has 19 fields for prices and taxes and things, Koha has 18... that's so many!
18:55 cait ugh1
18:55 cait !
18:55 cait can you share the system name?
18:55 caroline Portfolio
18:55 cait hm never heard around here
18:56 cait hope it works all out!
18:56 caroline yeah, they're mostly  here in Quebec and a little bit in france
18:56 caroline we have a lot of small ils companies whose market is only quebec
18:59 cait there are a few german ones, but not that many i think
19:13 caroline if you need help with your prices, you can look at bug 23981 to see what is used where
19:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23981 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Inconsistencies with the different prices
19:14 caroline I was looking at my things and going "grr" this doesn't make any sense!" then I go to bz and I see I reported the bug, hehe seems it's not the first time I've run into this
19:16 inlibro joined #koha
19:23 cait yeah
19:23 cait it#s not much better in the -german translation
19:29 cait hm i am trying to run selenium tests on kohadevbox and not sure what is wrong but hte selenium server doesn't seem to start?
19:29 cait start_selenium -v
19:29 cait [1] 11832
19:29 cait [1]+  Exit 1                  Xvfb :1 -screen 0 1024x768x24 > /dev/null 2>&1
19:30 cait tcohen: around maybe?
19:30 tcohen yes
19:30 cait can you help maybe?
19:30 cait in user.yml selenium is already set to true
19:31 cait when i run the test i get: Selenium server did not return proper status at /usr/local/share/perl/5.24.​1/Selenium/Remote/ line 543.
20:08 cait did a complete provision and still no selenium
20:12 tcohen sorry, I cannot take a look now
20:14 cait tcohen: i think i fixed it maybe
20:14 tcohen glad to hear
20:16 cait ... selenium server appears to be running now
20:16 cait kohadev-koha@kohadevbox:/home/vagrant/kohaclone$ perl t/db_dependent/selenium/authentication.t
20:16 cait 1..2
20:16 cait Could not create new session: Unable to connect to host on port 7055 after 45000 ms. Firefox console output:
20:16 cait but... no luck with the tests
20:16 inlibro joined #koha
20:41 rangi @later tell joubu yes that is a good time
20:41 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
20:46 * oleonard waves to rangi
20:46 * cait waves to rangi
20:47 rangi hi oleonard and cait
21:04 aleisha hello
21:10 kathryn joined #koha
21:10 aleisha @later tell Joubu sorry bout that, hopefully caught the branch up now!
21:10 huginn aleisha: The operation succeeded.
21:17 inlibro joined #koha
21:39 cait kidclamp: still around?
21:54 * kidclamp isn't far
21:54 kidclamp Cait still around?
21:55 cait here :)
21:55 cait i had a question about elastic but -r seemed to have the desired effect
21:55 cait youare probably ont going to be happy withme for bringing up cyrillic
21:58 kidclamp[…]acters-diacritics
21:59 kidclamp You aren't wrong cait, but I will say incremental improvements are better than nothing ;-)
22:00 cait yeah i coudl see that coming
22:00 cait but i thought it was worth asking
22:01 cait kidclamp: but i think we need to look for perl + regex in this case
22:02 cait better support there
22:02 cait "ou can match a single character belonging to the “letter” category with \p{L}."
22:03 cait it doesn't read too hard here - maybe worth trying out
22:03 cait
22:03 cait \p{Lu} or \p{Uppercase_Letter}: an uppercase letter that has a lowercase variant.
22:04 cait
22:05 cait For instance, \p{Uppercase} matches any single character with the Unicode "Uppercase" property, while \p{L} matches any character with a General_Category of "L" (letter) property
22:05 cait kidclamp: that looks quite promising?
22:05 kidclamp That looks reasonable! Will try tomorrow, thank you!
22:05 kidclamp Or you can offer a follow-up :-)
22:05 cait too late - almost midnight
22:05 cait i think better is tick with testing if that's ok
22:05 cait ?
22:06 cait actually i might have just turned into a pumpkin, 5 minutes past :)
22:07 cait commenting with the link on the bug
22:09 kidclamp Hehe
22:09 cait just finishing another go on the elastisearch tests fixes
22:17 inlibro joined #koha
22:34 alexbuckley joined #koha
22:38 cait alexbuckley: great presentatoin :) I also had expected a percentage value when looking at the discount feature the first time
22:39 alexbuckley hey cait , thank you!
22:40 alexbuckley good to hear others interpreted it the same way :)
22:40 alexbuckley *the discount feature
23:00 sophie_m left #koha
23:01 sophie_m joined #koha
23:05 dcook @later tell Joubu I think 9 September 2020, 20 UTC sounds good for AU. That would be 8am for us. Not bad at all.
23:05 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
23:07 oleonard_ joined #koha
23:08 oleonar__ joined #koha
23:17 inlibro joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary