IRC log for #koha, 2020-06-17

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #176: SUCCESS in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/176/
00:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #9: STILL UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]/Koha_20.05_D9/9/
00:11 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
00:11 wahanui Congratulations!
00:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #5: FIXED in 1 hr 16 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.05_U18/5/
00:20 inlibro joined #koha
00:37 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #4: SUCCESS in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.05_U20/4/
00:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #174: SUCCESS in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/174/
00:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #173: SUCCESS in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/173/
01:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #177: SUCCESS in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/177/
01:20 inlibro joined #koha
01:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #175: SUCCESS in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/175/
01:37 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #178: SUCCESS in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/178/
01:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #174: SUCCESS in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/174/
01:41 hayley joined #koha
02:20 inlibro joined #koha
02:22 mtj[m] joined #koha
02:44 cait1 joined #koha
03:13 ere joined #koha
03:20 inlibro joined #koha
04:21 inlibro joined #koha
04:42 dcook joined #koha
04:45 dcook Curious if anyone else has noticed a bug in the "Perl @INC" in /cgi-bin/koha/
04:45 dcook Seeing an increasing number of "/usr/share/koha/installer
04:45 dcook and /usr/share/koha/lib/installer" duplicate entries...
04:47 dcook Ah I bet it's koha-plack...
04:47 dcook Or somehow the PERL5LIB var..
04:48 dcook Ah there: PERL5LIB=$PERL5LIB:$KOHA_HOME/in​staller:$KOHA_HOME/lib/installer
04:55 dcook Bug 25778
04:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25778 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , koha-plack --restart causes PERL5LIB to grow with duplicate entries
04:55 dcook Happy for someone with more patience than me to work on it.. heh
05:21 inlibro joined #koha
05:22 chriss joined #koha
06:21 inlibro joined #koha
06:33 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
06:35 did joined #koha
06:35 andreashm joined #koha
06:37 TimothyAlexis inlibro, we have the carrousel plugin in our library on the main page, thank you for sharing. :) Where would be a proper place to suggest improvements or perhaps better, contribute?
06:40 ere joined #koha
06:45 alex_a joined #koha
06:45 alex_a Bonjour
06:49 reiveune joined #koha
06:50 reiveune hello
07:04 dcook TimothyAlexis: It's about 3am for InLibro I think ;)
07:05 dcook If you prefix that message with "@later tell", then when that user speaks later, they'll get your message then
07:05 Joubu dcook: 25778 - why not in dev env?
07:05 * dcook looks at bugzilla
07:05 dcook Oh, because in the dev env it overwrites the whole of PERL5LIB in that one function... I'll point to it in a sec
07:06 dcook adjust_paths_dev_install
07:06 dcook It doesn't use the current PERL5LIB. It just  replaces it with $KOHA_HOME
07:06 dcook I might be missing something still, but that was my best guess, Joubu
07:07 Joubu but l.395 is hit in both cases I'd say
07:08 Joubu ok, I got it
07:08 Joubu waking up :)
07:09 dcook That's OK. I'm glad that I wasn't 100% in this window.
07:09 dcook My boss almost locked me in the office using an external lock
07:09 dcook Heh
07:09 dcook Just ran out to stop from being locked in for the night
07:10 dcook There might still be one thing I'm missing for Bug 25778 though..
07:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25778 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , koha-plack --restart causes PERL5LIB to grow with duplicate entries
07:11 pastebot "dcook" at pasted "bug 25778" (44 lines) at
07:11 dcook Not sure where that first "/usr/share/koha/lib" is coming from...
07:13 dcook Oh wait..
07:14 dcook That'll be from Apache I guess.. but then why doesn't it get duplicated..
07:17 dcook I guess Starman must not know about it, and it must be added only at Request time..
07:18 dcook Plack::Middleware::ReverseProxy would probably pass the environmental variable from Apache to the Plack app... and maybe it has some special handling for PERL5LIB..
07:18 eythian joined #koha
07:21 inlibro joined #koha
07:22 dcook Or I guess it doesn't need it because it might just be baked into the Perl anyway..
07:23 dcook Anyway, back to guessing why DBD::mysql isn't finding the right unix socket on OpenSuse..
07:23 fridolin joined #koha
07:31 dcook Oh man... lol
07:31 dcook I just spent ages... looked at the source code for MySQL/MariaDB
07:31 dcook And the problem was Memcached had cached the koha-conf.xml settings
07:32 * dcook laughs and cries simultaneously
07:34 dcook Peace oot, #koha
07:35 dcook Might be back later while messing around with writing and compiling C# apps on Linux... because why not...
07:35 fridolin hello world
07:36 fridolin C# ooooh reminds me when I was young and foolish ;)
07:36 magnuse \o/
07:59 cait joined #koha
07:59 ashimema hahaha.. I was thinking the same there fridolin
08:01 fridolin ^^
08:20 cait joined #koha
08:21 inlibro joined #koha
08:22 cait1 joined #koha
08:39 TimothyAlexis Thank you dcook for letting me know this. I will send a /msg
08:40 vfernandes joined #koha
08:40 vfernandes hi #koha
08:43 vfernandes how we can speed up bulkmarcimport? yesterday importing 350k (large) records took around 5 hours (+ ES indexing after)
08:45 ere joined #koha
08:51 Joubu gmcharlt_: Hi Galen, do you remember how is triggered the huginn notifications after a push to the Koha repo?
08:56 andreashm joined #koha
09:07 magnuse vfernandes: that is a lot of records ;-)
09:10 vfernandes magnuse: yes, i know but still far from the record 1M import :)
09:10 ere joined #koha
09:12 vfernandes the ES reindex using 4 process is quick... the import not so much
09:17 alex_a_ joined #koha
09:21 inlibro joined #koha
09:23 andreash_ joined #koha
09:24 andreash_ joined #koha
09:25 andreash_ joined #koha
09:26 andreash_ joined #koha
09:26 davidnind joined #koha
09:27 andreash_ joined #koha
09:27 andreash_ joined #koha
09:28 alex_a joined #koha
09:28 andreash_ joined #koha
09:29 andreash_ joined #koha
09:30 andreash_ joined #koha
09:30 andreash_ joined #koha
09:31 andreashm joined #koha
09:32 andreashm joined #koha
09:33 andreashm joined #koha
09:37 ashimema do you also find it eats a huge amount of memory vfernandes?
09:37 ashimema we're regularly loading those sorts of numbers and are finding it increasingly difficult
09:37 ashimema servers OOMing before completion and yeah.. it taking hours
09:46 cait1 left #koha
10:10 andreashm joined #koha
10:22 inlibro joined #koha
10:30 cait joined #koha
10:36 andreashm joined #koha
10:38 Dyrcona joined #koha
10:38 andreashm joined #koha
10:51 tcohen morning
11:12 cait1 joined #koha
11:15 oleonard Hi #koha
11:22 inlibro joined #koha
11:22 alex2 joined #koha
11:22 cait1 please welcome my new'ish coworker alex2 :)
11:23 alex2 hello
11:23 oleonard Hi alex2, welcome!
11:23 cait1 bug 20555
11:23 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20555 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , usage() function in needs refactoring
11:24 cait1 :)
11:24 cait1 irc regulars?
11:24 wahanui irc regulars is
11:24 cait1 QA team?
11:24 wahanui QA team are the real gatekeepers, send cookies their way
11:25 ashimema alex2, nice to have you aboard :)
11:25 khall joined #koha
11:25 ashimema next meeting?
11:25 wahanui rumour has it next meeting is https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings
11:26 ashimema ooh.. soon
11:26 cait1 yep, that's why are are configuring IRC :)
11:26 ashimema hehe
11:26 ashimema I see
11:27 ashimema damn.. I didn't finish the actions improvements on the meeting script yet
11:38 tuxayo o/ alex2
12:03 khall joined #koha
12:17 HenryB joined #koha
12:22 inlibro joined #koha
12:24 ashimema erm
12:24 ashimema meeting?
12:24 wahanui rumour has it meeting is over :)
12:24 ashimema Joubu
12:24 ashimema cait
12:24 ashimema tcohen
12:24 ashimema rmaints
12:25 cait1 i had 3pm
12:25 tcohen hi
12:25 cait1 so half an hour?
12:25 cait1[…]iso=20200617T1300
12:26 ashimema the calendar is wrong then
12:26 cait1 says it#s in half an hour to me :)
12:26 ashimema it says 1pm or me
12:26 cait1 i have the same on the website and in the wiki
12:26 ashimema 1pm Dev Meeting, 3pm General meeting
12:26 cait1 5pm for general
12:26 Joubu 13UTC is in 30min
12:27 ashimema google is doing strange conversions thatn
12:27 cait1 see you in half an hour
12:27 ashimema okies
12:27 Joubu the event in the calendar is ok for me
12:28 khall joined #koha
12:34 Joubu nugged: Hi, could you open an "omnibus" bug report to group the warnings removal bugs?
12:41 nugged okay
12:42 khall joined #koha
12:43 khall joined #koha
12:48 Joubu tcohen: about bug 24909 - do you mean 19.11 should embed bug 25045 and bug 25327 as well?
12:48 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24909 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to oldstable , Add unprivileged route to get a bibliographic record
12:48 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25045 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to master , Add a way to restrict anonymous access to public routes (OpacPublic behaviour)
12:48 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25327 minor, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to master , Cannot access API spec
12:49 tcohen yes, your required me to write 25045 on QA, and so I think they go together
12:50 Joubu tcohen: can you let a note for aleisha on 24909 please?
12:51 tcohen yes boss
12:53 marcelr joined #koha
12:53 marcelr hi #koha
12:53 marcelr meetings today ?
12:54 tcohen in 6 minutes or so
12:54 tuxayo o/ marcelr
12:54 tuxayo After 5 min
12:54 tuxayo dev meeting
12:54 marcelr ok thx
12:55 marcelr oleonard: any objection to let my signoff count as a pass qa for 18911 ?
12:55 khall_ joined #koha
12:56 mtj hi folks, i am about...
12:57 oleonard marcelr: Sounds like a good plan since we overlapped
12:57 marcelr ok
12:58 talljoy joined #koha
13:00 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 17 June 2020
13:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Jun 17 13:00:27 2020 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
13:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
13:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_17_june_2020'
13:00 Joubu #topic Introductions
13:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
13:00 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_17_June_2020
13:00 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
13:00 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
13:01 Joubu #chair cait1
13:01 huginn Current chairs: Joubu cait1
13:01 khall_ #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
13:01 Joubu #chair ashimema
13:01 huginn Current chairs: Joubu ashimema cait1
13:01 tuxayo #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
13:01 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
13:01 talljoy #info Joy Nelson, ByWater Solutions
13:01 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
13:02 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy, Rijksmuseum, Netherlands
13:02 Joubu rmaints?
13:02 wahanui lukeG, aleisha, and tuxayo, I SUMMON THEE!!
13:02 Joubu qa_team?
13:02 wahanui qa_team is cait Joubu marcelr kohaputti josef_moravec tcohen kidclamp khall
13:02 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe.
13:02 HenryB #info Henry Bolshaw, House of Lords Library, UK
13:02 cait1 #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
13:02 Joubu no wahanui, qa_team is cait Joubu marcelr kohaputti josef_moravec tcohen kidclamp khall ashimema alex_a jajm matts
13:02 wahanui okay, Joubu.
13:03 tuxayo qa_team is also matts alex_a jajm
13:03 wahanui okay, tuxayo.
13:03 Joubu #topic Announcements
13:03 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
13:03 tuxayo oops
13:03 Joubu Anyone have something?
13:03 tuxayo Sorry Joubu
13:04 tuxayo-read-only joined #koha
13:05 tuxayo qa_team is cait Joubu marcelr kohaputti josef_moravec tcohen kidclamp khall ashimema alex_a jajm matts
13:05 Joubu #info I am planning to upgrade and move our git server. The plan is to have a new server and suggest gitea as a replacement of the couple gitweb/gitolite
13:05 Joubu I will send an email to the list in the next couple of weeks
13:05 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
13:05 tuxayo Joubu++
13:05 tcohen Joubu++
13:05 Joubu something else?
13:05 ashimema Joubu++
13:05 tuxayo wahanui: why do you ignore me when I'm trying to fix my mistake!
13:05 wahanui tuxayo: huh?
13:05 ashimema loving this move and modernisation
13:06 ashimema see Joubu's.. it's subtly different tuxayo ;)
13:06 Joubu #topic Update from the Release manager (20.11)
13:06 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (20.11) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
13:06 ashimema nothing from me
13:06 cait1 what happens to the git statistics?
13:07 cait1 does gitea have a similar feature or the ability that we can add that to the new server as well?
13:07 Joubu Nothing much to tell, I am starting slowly to push things. Jenkins is back to green for master, and stable branches should get back to an happy state soon
13:08 Joubu cait1: it's gitstats, something different. That will be kept (either keep gitstats or replace with something a bit more fresh)
13:08 tcohen gitea must have something like that
13:08 ashimema the current gitstats are a bit weird ;)
13:08 tuxayo ashimema: thanks, I fixed it via PM to wahanui to stop spaming here
13:08 cait1 i like them :)
13:08 ashimema but I do like how they breakdown in theory.. I'm sure gittea has similar
13:08 Joubu There is not much alternatives however
13:09 ashimema under the activity tab no doubt
13:09 cait1 can you please add it to the list? (if there is one?
13:09 davidnind
13:09 Joubu they are nicer, but lack info
13:10 Joubu I can share an admin account to a test install I have if somebody wants to play with it
13:10 mtj #info Mason James, NZ
13:10 * ashimema has been thinking of learning Go.. perhaps I could add some gitstats inspired extras ;)
13:10 marcelr looks like you have a contributors tab ?
13:10 tuxayo marcelr: yes
13:10 marcelr with github like stats ?
13:10 oleonard Just what you need ashimema, new projects :D
13:11 ashimema hehe
13:11 * cait1 vetoes
13:11 cait1 i think yo have other stuff to finish :P
13:11 * ashimema doesn't see a contributors tab
13:11 Joubu moving on?
13:11 tuxayo marcelr: wait, I mixed up, it seems not!
13:11 cait1 i see incomplete german transaltion and cannot switch it
13:11 ashimema yeah.. lets move on
13:11 Joubu no, gitea does not provide the same views as we have now with gitstats
13:11 cait1 found it, it's at the bottom
13:12 Joubu that's why we will certainly keep gitstats, unless we found something else. gitstats is super old and not maintained
13:12 khall joined #koha
13:12 Joubu #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
13:12 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
13:12 Joubu lukeG1 maybe?
13:13 Joubu I will take over lukeG1 for 20.05.01 as he won't be around
13:13 tuxayo I'm getting used to the workflow :) Let's see how the release goes.
13:13 tcohen He's on vacation
13:13 Joubu We are actively discuting with Rmaints to backport some important patches (related with the Mojo version issues)
13:14 Joubu And mtj is doing a great job to refresh the debian package repo to make it easier to maintain
13:14 tuxayo vacation of lukeG1: only after the 18th IIRC, so two days to get them before the return on the 28th.
13:15 Joubu tuxayo: anything to add about 19.05?
13:15 khall_ joined #koha
13:16 Joubu #topic Updates from the QA team
13:16 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
13:16 tuxayo Joubu: Not much in addition to the above message. The CI is a great help. And Mojo version issue don't impact oldoldstable :P
13:16 ashimema doing a great job rmaints
13:17 tuxayo Koha testing docker also is a great help
13:17 Joubu cait1 maybe? Are you happy with your new team? :)
13:17 ashimema lots of QA to do
13:17 marcelr "new"
13:17 Joubu not your marcelr :D
13:17 Joubu you*
13:18 marcelr ahh
13:18 cait1 oh sorry
13:18 cait1 work distracted
13:18 ashimema nice to see a slightly more even spread of QA between the team.. be nice to have a little more competition at the top of the leaderboard though ;)
13:18 cait1 I am very happy with the team
13:18 cait1 the Friday squad has grown :)
13:18 ashimema :)
13:19 Joubu yes it's nice to see activities on Friday
13:19 cait1 i hope activity will increase a bit more
13:19 marcelr there should be more fridays
13:19 Joubu But keep in mind that we are going to enter the "push all the big things" window
13:19 tuxayo yay :D
13:19 Joubu it's time to focus on the big moves :)
13:19 ashimema :)
13:19 Joubu I won't list them, you know what they are
13:19 * oleonard 's favorite window
13:20 cait1 I was hoping to get some dates and tiems set for testing some of the bigger things in the community
13:20 Joubu and most of see could get 2 pair of eyes from QA, don't wait for them to arrivein the QA queue
13:20 Joubu them*
13:20 cait1 the idea is... give it lots of exes for an hour or so
13:20 cait1 eyes,... not exes
13:20 marcelr ok
13:20 Joubu ha yes, we have something on the agenda about that!
13:21 cait1 that shoudl not keep anyone from looking at them anytime
13:21 Joubu #topic     Community testing events for 'big stuff' bugs (example: Bug 20271, Bug 20168)
13:21 Topic for #koha is now Community testing events for 'big stuff' bugs (example: Bug 20271, Bug 20168) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
13:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20271 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Merge deleted biblio, biblioitems, biblio_metadata, and items tables
13:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20168 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Update of the OPAC bootstrap template to bootstrap v4
13:21 tuxayo > I won't list them, you know what they are
13:21 tuxayo For anyone out of the loop, I guess the bugzilla keywords RM_priority and rel_20_11_target are where they are.
13:21 tuxayo (among other things)
13:21 Joubu cait1: what did you have in mind?
13:22 Joubu like we focus on 1 or 2 a given day?
13:22 inlibro joined #koha
13:23 tcohen there's a couple really game changing ones like
13:23 ashimema If you suggest a particular bug for a team effort each week in your newsletter cait, I would jump on board with joining the effort
13:23 tcohen the task queue
13:23 Joubu we could setup a branch with them applied, and test the branch?
13:23 cait1 sorry, demanded from all sites right now :)
13:23 cait1 i thught i'd start a free doodle with some suggestions, but we can also just agree on times
13:24 cait1 would fridays be generally suitable?
13:24 cait1 ashimema: that's a good suggestion
13:24 cait1 merge one first?
13:24 ashimema sounds good
13:25 cait1 i will suggest as "bug of the week" and also suggest a time for gathering to test or 2
13:25 Joubu #action cait Organise a testing day for "big stuffs"
13:25 cait1 but we can also advertise outside of the qa team, doesn't hurt
13:25 cait1 Joubu: can you make sure it's rebased for next week?
13:26 Joubu yes sure, I rebased it last week so it will be easy
13:26 fraktik joined #koha
13:26 Joubu #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
13:26 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
13:26 ashimema merge one sound like a good place to start :)
13:26 Joubu the move to bootstrap 4 could be tested at the same time
13:27 Joubu it's a bit boring (imo) to test the UI, so better to test something else and notice UI changes/regressions :)
13:27 cait1 i can advertise both together on the mailing list
13:27 cait1 i will think about something until the end of the week
13:27 Joubu #topic Generic example template for new pages in the OPAC
13:27 Topic for #koha is now Generic example template for new pages in the OPAC (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
13:27 Joubu the agenda says "We should add a generic example template for new pages in the OPAC (and perhaps staff client) that follows all the best current best practices to aid develops adding new pages. "
13:28 Joubu ashimema: you added that
13:28 ashimema ah yes
13:28 Joubu did you open a bug report already?
13:28 oleonard My hope is that my Bootstrap 4 work will be approved soon enough that we should wait until after that
13:29 * oleonard crosses his fingers
13:29 cait1 :)
13:29 talljoy yay!
13:29 ashimema well.. whilst going through templates for accessibility fixing reasons i noted how much disparity there is
13:30 cait1 sorry, have to run - will read back later
13:30 Joubu ashimema: we use to have the "city" code as an example
13:30 ashimema I wanted to suggest we ship a 'template' template.. at least for the opac, which can be used as a starting point when developers want to add new pages..
13:30 ashimema best practices
13:30 ashimema indeed.. but city is only staff side.. I'm thinking opac side
13:30 Joubu (we don't have city at the OPAC)
13:30 Joubu yes, that
13:31 tcohen we could have  an extra project, that allows us to scaffold things
13:31 mtj congrats on the opac bootstrap-4 stuff, oleonard++
13:31 ashimema it was mostly thinking aloud
13:31 oleonard mtj: Don't congratulate me until after testing :)
13:31 Joubu a koha-lite with simple stuffs and examples to follow
13:31 tcohen like yeoman, but targetting Koha uses: templates, Koha::Object classes
13:31 ashimema we're very inconsistent with heading nesting levels and things
13:32 ashimema be good to have a template and use it in the guidelines
13:32 oleonard There is some documentation on page structure here, but specific to the staff interface: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]erns#Page_layouts
13:32 ashimema sounds great to me tcohen
13:32 oleonard ...but having a complete example would be good
13:32 ashimema ooh..
13:32 ashimema that's exactly the sort of thing I was thinking oleonard.. but perhaps at the koha repo level as a file
13:32 Joubu Don't we have different structures? Only one template won't be enough in that case
13:33 ashimema and of course.. with some OPAC examples as well as staff
13:33 oleonard Correct
13:33 ashimema I'm not sure how many different structures we have.. and if we should have lots of different structures to be honest ;)
13:34 marcelr with includes and block processing fun ?
13:34 tcohen koha-template --name somepage --include holds, datatable --target opac --dest-dir .
13:34 Joubu #action open a bug report to introduce the idea of having a "skeleton" template we could copy for new pages
13:35 ashimema as dcook mentioned.. using the WRAPPER tt directive could help a bit
13:35 Joubu we don't create many new pages :)
13:35 ashimema tcohen I love that idea.. but don't have a clue where to start on that front ;)
13:35 ashimema okies..
13:36 ashimema you are indeed correct..
13:36 ashimema but it would be nice to get our existing pages more consistent
13:36 ashimema move on Joubu
13:36 ashimema ;)
13:36 marcelr [on]
13:36 Joubu oleonard: does the move to bootstrap 4 modifies/unifies the structures?
13:37 oleonard The grid markup is completely changed, the page structure overall is basically the same. I did some work on improving consistency but it wasn't my primary goal
13:38 Joubu ok
13:38 Joubu #topic Routes for authorised values (RFC)
13:38 Topic for #koha is now Routes for authorised values (RFC) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
13:38 Joubu tcohen?
13:38 wahanui somebody said tcohen was the man you want to thank
13:38 oleonard Thanks tcohen
13:38 Joubu thanks tcohen
13:38 tcohen LOL
13:38 ashimema I think we need guidelines as to what the consistency is before we can clearly work towards it.. that's kinda my point here
13:39 tcohen I noticed a pattern on the authorised values logic that would complicate implementing the original RFC: library limits
13:40 tcohen the RFC needs some love in terms of attribute names
13:40 tcohen and the guidelines
13:40 Joubu bug 17390
13:40 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17390 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Add REST API endpoint for Authorised Values
13:40 tcohen but overall, the problem here is that having a general /authorised_values route
13:40 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]lues_endpoint_RFC
13:41 tcohen will be complicated to implement
13:41 tcohen if it needs to acknowledge permissions, library limits and will probably not be used
13:41 tcohen you can only query all auth values in a simple way if you are a superlibrarian
13:42 tcohen so I proposed a simpler implementation, changing the routes design
13:42 tcohen and I also suggested on the bug
13:42 tcohen that if the only thing that is going to be used
13:42 tcohen is a POST to add a new value to a category
13:42 tcohen then just implement that
13:43 tcohen one of the errors we made at the beginning of the API development was to
13:43 Joubu Do we need to review the other (if exist) endpoint RFCs?
13:43 tcohen forget about how it was going to be used, so when we needed to used to routes, they lacked many things
13:43 * ashimema supports implementing things piecemeal if it means things actually end up in.. all too often we see 'all or nothing'.. and then you end up with nothing.
13:44 tcohen Joubu I'm not sure about that, auth values is specially tricky IMHO
13:45 ashimema I'm only quickly looked at the av bug.. but I agree it needs a level of routing which I think the current implimentation doesn't have.. but I need to test it before really commenting deeply.
13:45 tcohen and design should consider translations which is something that is waiting on the queue
13:45 ashimema av is a very hard area
13:45 Joubu there is no current implementation
13:45 Joubu or, the patches on the bug report you mean?
13:46 Joubu tcohen: translations is another endpoing IMO
13:46 tcohen bug 20307
13:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20307 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, BLOCKED , Language overlay for authorized values
13:46 * ashimema is hopeing jajm will pick up the translations bug again.. it felt like he was making some foor progress on that alternative implimentation
13:46 Joubu ok, moving on?
13:47 tcohen Joubu now we can embed things, how a translated description will be fetched needs to be thought at the root of this
13:47 Joubu indeed
13:47 Joubu I was thinking "post/put"
13:47 tcohen ah, you're correct
13:47 ashimema happy to move on
13:47 Joubu #topic Review of coding guidelines
13:47 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
13:48 Joubu #topic We should require all OPAC pages always contain a single 'maincontent' class to denote the main content of the page Bug 22807
13:48 Topic for #koha is now We should require all OPAC pages always contain a single 'maincontent' class to denote the main content of the page Bug 22807 (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
13:48 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22807 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Signed Off , Accessibility: Add 'Skip to Main Content' link
13:48 Joubu ashimema: did you add this one?
13:48 ashimema another case of the accessibility work highlighting some area's we've been missing in QA
13:49 ashimema it looks like we started add 'maincontent' classes to pages a while back to aid in displaying the main part of the page when collapsed for small screens
13:49 ashimema but.. we haven't consistently ensured each page has one such class
13:50 ashimema it become additional important with my work on bug 22807, which adds 'Skip to main content' links for added accessability which utilise these classes
13:50 ashimema so.. I wanted to propose adding a guideline as such
13:50 ashimema and then enforcing at at the QA level.. if we can
13:51 oleonard +1
13:51 Joubu at first glance I think we can have a test in the QA script easily
13:51 ashimema perhaps we could even do with an 'Accessibility' section of the guidelines.. it's becoming more and more internationally important as far as I'm aware
13:52 tuxayo > 'Accessibility' section of the guidelines
13:52 tuxayo +1
13:52 ashimema this would just be the first of a few such guidelines I'm likely to suggest whilst I go through my massive report
13:52 Joubu you are close to get another action ashimema
13:52 ashimema lol
13:52 ashimema sounds like people are generally onboard then..
13:52 AndrewFH joined #koha
13:52 ashimema I'll draft up a guideline for us to vote next meeting.. sound fair?
13:53 marcelr +1
13:54 ashimema #action ashimema to draft the first 'Accessibility' guideline; All OPAC pages require a single 'maincontent' classed block.
13:54 ashimema ok.. brill
13:54 Joubu #action ashimema write a guideline about mandatory 'maincontent' class (OPAC)
13:54 ashimema next :)
13:54 tuxayo ashimema++
13:54 ashimema hehe
13:54 Joubu #topic We should add a coding guideline for language involving allow/deny lists Bug 25708 and using inclusive language
13:54 Topic for #koha is now We should add a coding guideline for language involving allow/deny lists Bug 25708 and using inclusive language (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
13:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25708 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , [OMNIBUS] Use allow/disallow terminology in code
13:54 oleonard kidclamp?
13:54 wahanui kidclamp is reply i guess kidclamp is the first RM not to be bribed
13:55 talljoy he's on vacation
13:55 talljoy i worked with him on that bug
13:55 Joubu wahanui: that's wrong
13:55 wahanui Joubu: huh?
13:56 oleonard talljoy did you and kidclamp talk about specific wording for a coding guideline?
13:56 talljoy just briefly.  i was going to talk to tcohen about some ideas today.
13:57 talljoy if you want to action item that i can work on it and submit a proposed change to vote on at the next meeting
13:57 tcohen +1
13:57 marcelr git grep -l black|wc -l 165
13:57 Joubu what's the idea?
13:57 wahanui i guess the idea is of Koha::Cron is nice, I just do not like creating some "system" user in patrons database...
13:57 marcelr git grep -l white|wc -l 675
13:58 marcelr is whitespace no longer allowed ? ;)
13:58 oleonard Terms like "blacklist" can either have racist origins or racist overtones, and we should avoid them
13:58 talljoy the terms blacklist and whitelist are problematic for us
13:58 tuxayo marcelr: tabs I guess aren't :P
13:59 talljoy oleonard++
13:59 talljoy for clarity :)
13:59 ashimema it follows the same logic that 'master' is bad in git..
13:59 oleonard Yes absolutely ashimema
13:59 ashimema and 'master', 'slave' is bad in db's
13:59 ashimema etc
13:59 talljoy i noticed github changed from master to main.
13:59 Joubu yes, master in git does not make sense.
14:00 ashimema I'm happy for us to do it to save future arguaments.. even though personally I find it somewhat absurd
14:00 talljoy whitelist/blacklist?
14:00 marcelr gradual improvements ?
14:00 Joubu same
14:00 ashimema allowlist/denylist works for me
14:00 marcelr +1
14:00 talljoy it's more clear to function also
14:01 oleonard I don't find the idea of eliminating problematic terminology absurd. I find it essential.
14:01 Joubu blacklist is used in different languages
14:01 ashimema even though blacklist etimology has absolutely nothing to do with skin colour in the first place..
14:01 oleonard We strive to be as open and inclusive as we can and we should set an example in our use of language
14:01 talljoy communication is not about the words used, but what is heard.
14:01 ashimema I can certainly see how some people might take offence
14:02 tuxayo > even though blacklist etimology has absolutely nothing to do with skin colour in the first place..
14:02 tuxayo +1, after double checked that in wikipedia before the meeting
14:02 tuxayo > I can certainly see how some people might take offence
14:02 tuxayo +1
14:02 Joubu so, action?
14:03 talljoy i'm happy to work on a proposal for the coding guidelines.
14:03 marcelr a general one ?
14:03 ashimema what I find absurd is that people are taking offence at things that long predate the argument.. I do think we should do something about it so people have no excuse to take offence
14:03 oleonard Is anyone willing to investigate what would be involved with doing away with the term "master" in our projects?
14:03 ashimema that's the point I was trying to get at..
14:03 ashimema not that it's absurd we do it..
14:04 tuxayo ashimema++
14:04 oleonard <thumbsup.png>
14:04 Joubu #action talljoy Propose a guideline for "inclusive langage" (whitelist/blacklist vs allowlist/denylist)
14:04 talljoy will do!
14:04 marcelr we dont need a guideline for each term ?
14:04 tuxayo oleonard: is depend if we accept slavery for our machines. But someday they might raise against us!
14:04 tuxayo talljoy++
14:04 ashimema to be honest.. we probably do
14:04 Joubu are there other problematic terms?
14:04 Joubu or just blacklist?
14:05 talljoy that's a bigger discussion for the group.
14:05 khall_ that's all I've noticed so far Joubu
14:05 Joubu ok, moving on then
14:05 talljoy i can speak from my perspective (from the US), but their may be other perspectives worth considering
14:05 ashimema we're an international community.. unless someone specifically brings my attention to a word like blacklist being offensive I really wouldn't have guessed it ;)
14:05 Joubu something else to add before the last (and best) topic?
14:05 ashimema hence I feel it needs to be written down
14:05 oleonard It will be an ongoing process as we learn
14:05 talljoy agreed.
14:05 ashimema indeed..
14:06 ashimema each time we come up with one we need to add it to a list somewhere
14:06 ashimema one a QA person can refer to and point at
14:06 gmcharlt_ Joubu: it's currently done via an RSS feed from gitweb
14:06 oleonard If you're going to chime in you'll have to #info gmcharlt ;)
14:07 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
14:07 tuxayo > each time we come up with one we need to add it to a list somewhere
14:07 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
14:07 tuxayo A denylist list of course.
14:07 ashimema :'(
14:08 ashimema we have a terminology page.. we should just add it to that I recon
14:08 tuxayo > something else to add before the last (and best) topic?
14:08 tuxayo I got something aboyt RMaint handover on each cycle
14:08 ashimema someone fancy adding 'blacklist' and 'whitelist' to
14:08 Joubu go tuxayo
14:10 tuxayo The time frame between the last point release (22th) and the release of the 20.05
14:10 tuxayo was unclear about which team should RMaint (backport) during that time/
14:10 tuxayo Various assumptions can make sence
14:10 tuxayo But if not everyone make the same, then we can miss patch to review
14:11 tuxayo *patches
14:11 * ashimema adds terms to wiki
14:11 talljoy I agree that some coordination on handoffs would be helpful
14:11 Joubu ashimema: I'd wait for the guideline
14:12 talljoy For 19.11 I spoke (in IRC) with aleisha letting her know the moment i was stepping away and she was now owner of that branch
14:12 Joubu tuxayo: I guess it happened because the release went out with delay
14:12 talljoy do you have a suggestion tuxayo?
14:13 Joubu the 20.05.00 release I mean
14:14 tuxayo Could we have that formally in the process of team switching? And about which team should process the gap,
14:14 tuxayo I think the previous team should.
14:14 tuxayo I'm sure I'm will find easier to continue one week more of backporting
14:14 tuxayo than having to catch up one week during the first month when the branch isn't known yet well.
14:14 talljoy good point
14:15 tuxayo But the actual this is to have the [holy] "RMaint cursor" explicitly transmitted
14:15 tuxayo (wherever it is)
14:16 tuxayo *But the important thing
14:16 Joubu #action tuxayo write a proposal for handing over stable branches
14:16 Joubu ok? :)
14:16 tuxayo And also transmit the bugs that touch strings that have been put on hold during the string freeze
14:16 talljoy this is a great idea!
14:16 tuxayo Ok
14:17 ashimema :)
14:17 Joubu maybe send an email to the other RMaints to collect ideas, then write something down together
14:17 tuxayo Like a draft for a new section of the Release_maintenance wiki pages?
14:17 tuxayo *page
14:17 Joubu yes
14:17 tuxayo ok!
14:18 Joubu Next meeting: 1 July 2020, 20 UTC?
14:18 tuxayo We can move on
14:18 Joubu #info Next meeting: 1 July 2020, 20 UTC?
14:18 Joubu #endmeeting
14:18 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:18 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jun 17 14:18:45 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:18 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-06-17-13.00.html
14:18 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]0-06-17-13.00.txt
14:18 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]17-13.00.log.html
14:19 oleonard I hereby cast my vote in approval of the next meeting date and time.
14:20 ashimema +1
14:22 * ashimema goes for a walk
14:22 inlibro joined #koha
14:24 Joubu talljoy: Can you link the "Inclusive language" guideline proposal to some relevant links please? It's not obvious to everybody why "black" is a word that should be avoided.
14:24 talljoy yes i can do that.
14:24 Joubu thanks
14:29 Joubu ashimema: do you want to try your patch for the #action with this last meeting? The merge request reads good to me
14:35 alex2 left #koha
14:35 tuxayo talljoy: Joubu This is a great name for the proposal because it matches this:
14:41 Joubu yes, I am aware of that, just not why blacklist :)
14:41 Joubu I don't get it, but it's fine
14:41 Joubu I can live with allowlist
14:42 Joubu blacklist is used in dozens of other languages according to wikipedia
14:50 HenryB joined #koha
14:51 DonnaB joined #koha
14:54 tuxayo I didn't meant to push for a high level of these changes.
14:55 tuxayo I'm actually worried because if we take many countries and cultures.
14:55 tuxayo We should find a lot of potentially offensive terms. And it would be contradictory to center the denylist of terms on the US or Europeans POVs.
14:55 tuxayo Hopeful there will not be much concrete stuff in this issue and peace is reachable in this general topic. (not thinking about just Koha)
14:57 tuxayo note: this issue = a lot of potentially offensive terms that won't be considered enough due to not being in a dominating culture.
14:58 PDowling joined #koha
14:59 thd joined #koha
15:00 Joubu We have the privilege to have 2 meetings in a row today
15:00 Joubu anyone willing to chair?
15:00 Joubu #startmeeting General IRC meeting 17 June 2020
15:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Jun 17 15:00:44 2020 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
15:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
15:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_17_june_2020'
15:00 Joubu #topic Introductions
15:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
15:00 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_17_June_2020
15:01 tuxayo #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
15:01 talljoy #info Joy Nelson, ByWater Solutions
15:01 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inlibro
15:01 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
15:01 khall_ #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
15:02 DonnaB #info Donna Bachowski, ByWater Solutions
15:02 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:02 Joubu #chair tuxayo
15:02 huginn Current chairs: Joubu tuxayo
15:02 Joubu #chair talljoy
15:02 huginn Current chairs: Joubu talljoy tuxayo
15:02 Joubu first two, just in case ;)
15:02 Joubu #topic Announcements
15:02 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
15:02 Joubu Anyone have something?
15:03 Joubu seems not
15:03 Joubu #topic Update on releases
15:03 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
15:04 tuxayo It was a trap. Got tricked again
15:04 tuxayo >_<
15:04 Joubu #info See minutes from the dev meeting earlier today
15:04 tuxayo "endmeeting"
15:04 Joubu #topic KohaCon
15:04 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
15:04 tuxayo :P
15:04 Joubu I think we will get more info at the next general meeting
15:05 Joubu rangi asked for the next meeting to be south hemisphere friendly
15:05 Joubu #topic Kohacon21 - When should we start the bidding process?
15:05 Topic for #koha is now Kohacon21 - When should we start the bidding process? (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
15:05 Joubu don't let me alone please
15:05 oleonard Wow... Imagine there being a 2021...
15:06 Joubu where would you like?
15:06 thd exactly
15:06 tuxayo Any reason not to start the process?
15:07 thd Could you imagine preparing for an in person meeting at this time?
15:07 oleonard Where are we in the geographical rotation?
15:07 caroline not Europe nor NZ?
15:07 Joubu it depends if you count 2020
15:07 thd s/meeting/conference/
15:07 tuxayo thd: We can try anyway.
15:08 Joubu I think we should wait for the KohaCon20 updates next month
15:09 caroline 2019 was Dublin (Europe), 2018 was Portland (North America), 2017 was Philippines (Asia)
15:09 Joubu then see if we decide to open the bidding for 2021
15:09 lukeG joined #koha
15:09 Joubu would you agree with that?
15:09 tuxayo > it depends if you count 2020
15:09 tuxayo There are definitely reasons to not count it since many persons won't be able to visit KohaCon20
15:09 tuxayo > I think we should wait for the KohaCon20 updates next month
15:09 tuxayo +1
15:09 thd I have no objection to trying but the three days I had to spend preparing a COVID-19 safety plan where I work on my own to ensure my job would continue would be as nothing compared to conference planning at this time.
15:10 thd s/on my own/on my own time/
15:10 oleonard KohaCon 2020 doesn't fit in the geographical rotation because it's the 20th anniversary and would have been held in New Zealand no matter what.
15:10 oleonard So regardless we don't count it when looking at the rotation
15:10 tuxayo We are enough soon to afford one month to get to have more info right? I don't know the usual schedule.
15:11 Joubu we announce in May I think
15:11 oleonard +1 to waiting to discuss until at least next month
15:11 thd Good prospects are New Zealand, the Isle of Man, and some Pacific Atolls.
15:12 Joubu #info Open the bidding process for KohaCon21 will be decided at the next general meeting
15:12 Joubu Another topic we could talk about?
15:12 ashimema next meeting
15:12 wahanui next meeting is probably https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings
15:13 Joubu #info Avoid 2 meetings the same day :)
15:13 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
15:13 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 17 June 2020)
15:13 oleonard Anyone who wasn't at the dev meeting want to talk about anything? :D
15:13 talljoy documentation?
15:13 talljoy favorite bugs?
15:14 tuxayo Any news?
15:14 caroline I would say spiders bc they eat other bugs
15:14 oleonard +1
15:15 tuxayo «Should I install Koha 20.05.00? Or wait for 20.05.01?»
15:15 * oleonard votes mantis, because they eat other bugs and are like bug dinosaurs
15:15 Joubu #info next approved bug: spider
15:15 talljoy lol
15:15 caroline XD
15:15 tuxayo he he
15:16 caroline twig insects are pretty cool too
15:16 tuxayo > mantis, because they eat other bugs
15:16 tuxayo I get the Mantis bug tracker name know! :o
15:16 tuxayo *now
15:16 HenryB joined #koha
15:16 Joubu #info Next meeting: 17 July 2020, 20 UTC
15:17 Joubu #endmeeting
15:17 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
15:17 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jun 17 15:17:00 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:17 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-06-17-15.00.html
15:17 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]0-06-17-15.00.txt
15:17 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]17-15.00.log.html
15:17 caroline Joubu++ short meeting :)
15:17 caroline or extra long dev meeting
15:17 tuxayo Joubu++
15:17 Joubu I keep it as long as I could!
15:17 ashimema lol
15:18 tuxayo About 20.05.00: did any scary bug popped up after the release? (I haven't followed well)
15:18 thd I failed to note that both meetings fell on the same day.
15:19 PDowling left #koha
15:19 oleonard caroline I veto twig insects because they are too scary[…]lula_P%C3%A4rchen.jpg
15:20 caroline I was thinking more of this one[…]omorpha_chronus02.jpg
15:20 thd My brain has not recovered from being under curfew to control looting and then being at work late during curfew with someone trying to break in.
15:21 oleonard caroline that bug cannot be trusted
15:21 oleonard thd it sounds like your brain deserves some recovery time for that
15:23 inlibro joined #koha
15:23 oleonard Oh bummer, Interleaf took down the KohaCon2019 page?
15:23 thd Yes, at least the police came when called that night and scared away the person.  Unlike three nights before when it seemed as if groups of criminals were using the riots as cover for smashing and looting using power tools and had the police far outnumbered.
15:24 thd s/riots/proper protests/
15:25 thd The only real rioting was police induced with excess and otherwise poorly considered crowd management.
15:27 tuxayo thd: that's though :(
15:28 tuxayo oleonard: Wayback Machine to the rescue:[…]acon2019proposal/
15:28 * oleonard is there
15:28 fridolin left #koha
15:31 arghya joined #koha
15:33 reiveune left #koha
15:34 * oleonard belatedly adds Dublin to this list https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]n_History#History
15:34 ashimema https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eting_1_July_2020 spot the new feature of the koha-meetings script
15:34 arghya I am facing problem when migration 16.05 to 19.11. I have resotre database, rebulid zebra index, without error. But in the opac search I am not getting any data, No result found.
15:35 caroline ashimema++ thanks for that!
15:35 arghya I got error in opac-error.log oAuth connection problem database error
15:35 arghya any help
15:35 wahanui i think any help is welcomed
15:35 oleonard arghya do you get search results in the staff interface?
15:36 arghya no
15:36 caroline I would try rebuild_zebra with -r
15:36 caroline -r solves all my index problems :)
15:36 arghya but I have check database data are same like older system. yes I have tried
15:37 reiveune joined #koha
15:38 arghya is there any database user creation or user/password needed to be set?
15:39 oleonard arghya if everything else seems to be working then the database user can't be the problem.
15:40 caroline arghya: maybe a system preference is set that shouldn't be
15:40 caroline I searched for oAuth and there are a couple of sysprefs related to that
15:41 arghya system preference means?where & how to check
15:41 oleonard ...but oAuth wouldn't have anything to do with the zebra index would it?
15:41 caroline Administration > System preferences
15:41 caroline no, ut they said they had an error in opac-error log relating to oAuth
15:42 arghya for migration only db miration is sufficient or any other files/folders I need to migrate?
15:43 arghya caroline that's the only error in the log file no other errors are there
15:43 oleonard Importing your database into the new Koha installation is the standard procedure as far as I know. You ran the database update process?
15:45 arghya yes I run the db schema update then koha-rebilud zebra
15:47 ere joined #koha
15:48 oleonard Sorry arghya I am not an expert in this area. I don't know what to suggest next.
15:48 arghya ok thanks any one can give me some suggestion...thanks in advance
15:49 AndrewFH joined #koha
15:50 tuxayo-read-only left #koha
15:53 Joubu arghya: do you have GoogleOpenIDConnect enabled?
15:55 Joubu gmcharlt: ok thanks. I have not found a RSS feed in gitea, but I guess it could be done with webhooks
15:56 gmcharlt ok
15:59 arghya Joubu I don't know exeactly, can you tell me how to check
15:59 Joubu search in the system preferences
16:01 arghya ok.thanks
16:03 tcohen @seen kohaputti
16:03 huginn tcohen: kohaputti was last seen in #koha 5 days, 4 hours, 25 minutes, and 8 seconds ago: <kohaputti> if the library has the books in transfer state but in a room accessible for patrons then some of the patrons might go pick up those books and checkout them even though they were supposed to be transferred to another branch
16:06 caroline Joubu: any particular reason you didn't want the put 24001 in NSO? I just tested it and it works
16:07 caroline bug 24001
16:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24001 major, P5 - low, ---, cnighswonger, NEW , Cannot edit card template
16:08 Joubu it feels wrong, I don't think it's the way to fix it
16:11 Joubu caroline: you can still test it and confirm it works :)
16:11 caroline Yeah I was going to retest it and put my comments in the bug
16:22 khall joined #koha
16:23 vfernandes in Koha 20.05 it's possible to define the OPAC and intranet languages order but can we define the default language (looks like it's opening the browser language)?
16:23 inlibro joined #koha
16:24 lukeG1 joined #koha
16:35 oleonard vfernandes if the user's OPAC interface language is being selected based on their browser's default language isn't that good?
16:38 vfernandes yes, but some libraries asks if is possible to force the OPAC language
16:39 vfernandes besides that the language cookie isn't defined for the default language
16:40 cait1 left #koha
17:00 khall_ joined #koha
17:16 cait joined #koha
17:17 Dyrcona joined #koha
17:17 DonnaB left #koha
17:18 khall joined #koha
17:22 khall_ joined #koha
17:23 inlibro joined #koha
17:59 AndrewFH joined #koha
18:20 oleonard joined #koha
18:22 oleonard-away_ joined #koha
18:23 inlibro joined #koha
18:54 davidnind joined #koha
19:23 inlibro joined #koha
19:43 khall joined #koha
19:58 kathryn joined #koha
20:00 zjmarlow joined #koha
20:05 AndrewFH joined #koha
20:17 davidnind left #koha
20:21 oleonard oh hey thanks for not talking while I was away. I might have missed something otherwise.
20:23 inlibro joined #koha
20:30 reiveune bye
20:30 reiveune left #koha
20:33 hayley joined #koha
20:35 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
20:35 wahanui Congratulations!
20:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #237: FIXED in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/237/
20:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #241: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D8/241/
20:36 andreashm joined #koha
20:39 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #235: UNSTABLE in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D9/235/
20:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #5: STILL FAILING in 2 min 13 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.05_U16/5/
20:44 lisettelatah joined #koha
20:46 cait oleonard: we are all too tired for talking
20:47 hayley time for bed cait? :)
20:48 cait soon'ish :)
20:49 oleonard time for work hayley?
20:49 nugged > <tcohen> seen kohaputti
20:49 nugged tcohen: Joonas on vacation for 3 weeks from this monday
20:49 hayley that's right oleonard@
20:49 hayley !
20:49 MarkFergusonCSL joined #koha
20:51 oleonard Are you back in the office hayley?
20:53 hayley oleonard some days of the week for me oleonard, people are being chill about coming into the office
20:53 * oleonard 's library is open again but still working from home
20:53 hayley I've enjoyed working from home, how has it been for you?
20:54 aleisha hi
20:54 oleonard Pretty good. My wife and 3 kids are all home for the summer so it's not exactly quiet
20:55 hayley I bet!
20:55 GeekRuthie joined #koha
21:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9_My8 build #8: STILL FAILING in 23 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.05_D9_My8/8/
21:05 oleonard-away joined #koha
21:18 alexbuckley joined #koha
21:19 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #9: SUCCESS in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.05_D10/9/
21:24 inlibro joined #koha
21:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D11 build #16: UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D11/16/
21:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #6: STILL FAILING in 1 min 22 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.05_U16/6/
21:36 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
21:36 wahanui Congratulations!
21:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #10: FIXED in 59 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.05_D9/10/
21:41 GeekRuthie joined #koha
21:42 nugged joined #koha
21:43 dcook @later tell ashimema Yes join me with the Golang fun. One of these days I'll share my Golang task scheduler for Koha...
21:43 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
21:47 AndrewFH joined #koha
21:51 oleonard dcook: from one person with too many projects to another :D
21:51 dcook Hehe
21:51 dcook I know right. I'm ridiculous.
21:51 dcook Did some C# last night. That was fun.
21:55 * oleonard has plenty of half-formed Koha patches to keep him busy
21:55 dcook Mmm same here. And many half-formed ideas of Koha patches..
21:56 dcook There are not enough hours in the day..
21:58 tosca joined #koha
22:04 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #5: SUCCESS in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.05_U20/5/
22:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #6: SUCCESS in 1 hr 20 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.05_U18/6/
22:24 inlibro joined #koha
22:25 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
22:25 wahanui Congratulations!
22:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9_My8 build #9: FIXED in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.05_D9_My8/9/
22:33 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #10: SUCCESS in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D10/10/
22:49 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
22:49 wahanui Congratulations!
22:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D11 build #17: FIXED in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D11/17/
23:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #175: SUCCESS in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/175/
23:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #179: FAILURE in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/179/
23:24 inlibro joined #koha
23:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #176: SUCCESS in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/176/
23:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #11: SUCCESS in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.05_D9/11/
23:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #242: SUCCESS in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D8/242/
23:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #7: STILL FAILING in 2 min 36 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.05_U16/7/
23:45 aleisha hey tcohen are you around?
23:54 mtj hiya aleisha, we should get 19.11/deb10 passing on jenkins this arvo
23:54 aleisha awesome thanks mtj
23:55 mtj np, will keep you posted :0)
23:56 aleisha cheers!
23:57 lukeG joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary