IRC log for #koha, 2020-06-08

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:11 hayleymapley_ joined #koha
00:42 inlibro joined #koha
01:42 inlibro joined #koha
02:02 alexbuckley joined #koha
02:43 inlibro joined #koha
03:00 khall joined #koha
03:13 khall joined #koha
03:43 inlibro joined #koha
03:44 wizzycray joined #koha
04:43 inlibro joined #koha
05:09 chris joined #koha
05:43 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
05:43 inlibro joined #koha
06:03 davidnind joined #koha
06:07 did joined #koha
06:07 davidnind @later tell Joubu Could you run the meeting script to update for the next documentation meeting? Thanks!
06:07 huginn davidnind: The operation succeeded.
06:07 Joubu will do!
06:10 cait joined #koha
06:10 davidnind Joubu++
06:21 enkidu joined #koha
06:32 did joined #koha
06:35 cait joined #koha
06:36 reiveune joined #koha
06:36 reiveune hello
06:39 kohaputti joined #koha
06:39 cait joined #koha
06:43 inlibro joined #koha
06:45 alex_a joined #koha
06:46 alex_a Bonjour
06:46 wahanui kia ora, alex_a
06:46 cait1 joined #koha
07:01 cait joined #koha
07:05 cait2 joined #koha
07:06 andreashm joined #koha
07:07 Joubu @later tell mtj I've added you to the "default CC" for the packaging bugs on bugzilla ;)
07:07 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
07:17 alexbuckley joined #koha
07:18 cait2 good morning #koha!
07:24 cait joined #koha
07:34 andreashm joined #koha
07:44 inlibro joined #koha
07:46 kohaputti cait, good morning! I'm probably going to try rescue bug 11175 in it's original form, meaning displaying the list of links to 001+003 with Zebra and ES.
07:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11175 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, Failed QA , Show the parent record's component parts in the detailed views
07:46 kohaputti we still get the UI stuff out of this even if someone would like to refactor it later to use DB linking
07:52 khall joined #koha
07:53 andreashm joined #koha
07:56 cait kohaputti: exciting
08:04 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1362: STILL UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1362/
08:11 cait hm i am working on changing some custom code using get_effective_issuing_rule for 20.05
08:11 cait it looks like we have still tests for it, but it's gone?
08:39 Joubu cait: how that?
08:40 Joubu ha, it's only the "descriptions" that have not been adjusted
08:40 Joubu get_effective_issuing_rule vs get_effective_rule
08:44 inlibro joined #koha
08:47 khall joined #koha
08:48 AnnaBoten joined #koha
08:49 AnnaBoten joined #koha
08:49 cait Joubu: that explains
08:49 cait i think i managed to rewrite my code, but still stuck on the rebase, have to testlater
08:51 AnnaBoten joined #koha
08:52 AnnaBoten joined #koha
08:54 AnnaBoten joined #koha
08:58 AnnaBoten joined #koha
09:00 AnnaBoten joined #koha
09:05 AnnaBoten joined #koha
09:07 AnnaBoten joined #koha
09:09 AnnaBoten joined #koha
09:34 Joubu So, everybody's upgrading to the newly released 20.05.00, what a good idea! :D
09:35 * kohaputti notices "Edit record" in koha is slow to load
09:36 cait Joubu: i am going to use a 20.05 in a presentation to students next week
09:36 cait it better not embarasses me! :)
09:41 ashimema I was surprised to see people upgrading to a .00..
09:41 ashimema it'll certainly help flush bugs
09:42 ashimema but yeah.. I usually suggest people wait for a .03 or .04 for safety
09:42 ashimema hopefully they're all people willing to live with a few bugs for a couple of months ;)
09:42 ashimema grr..
09:43 * ashimema decided he should try to catch up with jajm.. but instead of getting his first PQA of the month.. he added his first FQA instead :(
09:43 Joubu the problem is that .list file that contain "stable"
09:43 Joubu so they get upgraded once it's released..
09:43 ashimema yeah..
09:43 ashimema I have sort of felt for a while that we should change those listsing
09:43 ashimema listings.. even
09:43 Joubu they should track using version number instead
09:44 ashimema oldstable, stable, something
09:44 inlibro joined #koha
09:44 cait but won't that have the same effect?
09:44 cait if you track stableß
09:44 cait ?
09:44 ashimema it would.. except you'll be tracking upgrades from .06 -> .06
09:45 ashimema sorry..
09:45 ashimema .12 -> .06
09:45 ashimema as opposed to .06 -> .00
09:45 ashimema by .06 the current release really should actually be 'stable' in real terms
09:46 ashimema whereas our current model.. the stable isn't necessarily entirely stable (I suppose it's feature stable, but it's not bugfree stable) at initial release
09:47 Joubu I don't understant
09:47 ashimema `oldstable`, `stable`, `latest` might be a better terminology
09:48 ashimema then those really seeking "absolute latest at risk of bugs" can follow `latest` whilst the more causious can use `stable` to get.. "nearly latest code, but a bit more tested"
09:49 Joubu it's just naming, in that case people just needs to track oldstable instead of stable
09:49 kohaputti in debian terms latest would be testing
09:49 Joubu or I still don't understand :D
09:49 ashimema cait, what would you do on bug 25526.. just obsolete the first patch and mark as NSO again?
09:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25526 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Failed QA , Using Write Off Selected will not allow for a different amount to be written off
09:49 ashimema yeah.. `testing`.. that was the word I was looking for.. but my brain failed me
09:50 Joubu but 20.05 is not supposed to be "testing"
09:50 ashimema you understand my rationale then kohaputti.. do you think that would be sane too
09:50 ashimema ?
09:50 ashimema well.. we don't have a testing.. my suggestion is that we do
09:51 Joubu then they will get 20.05.06, when 20.11 will be out. And bugs will be reported 6 months later :)
09:52 ashimema well.. yes
09:52 ashimema but one would hope that some people actually deliberately use 'testing'
09:52 Joubu what they report is mainly upgrade issues so far (memcached or plack not restart, updateDB that fails)
09:52 Joubu things we don't test in dev env
09:52 ashimema whereas at the moment I think we catch lots of people who don't really mean to be on that branch at all
09:52 ashimema okies
09:53 ashimema it was just a suggestion ;)
09:53 kohaputti we have quite a lot of QA going on before the package is pushed so testing might not be necessary
09:54 ashimema fair
09:58 cait to be fair... i reported the file permission thing
10:00 cait quite a while before release actually
10:01 cait and yep, my new 20.05 is showing the issue too
10:01 ashimema I don't see a report for it at ugprade
10:01 ashimema only for at install time
10:02 cait i reported it on upgrade
10:02 cait then i  did a complete new installation
10:02 cait and it was still broken
10:02 cait it's all on the bug report
10:02 Null404 joined #koha
10:02 Null404 hello
10:02 wahanui hey, Null404
10:02 Null404 is there any way to get a list of deleted Messages on Patron in KOHA ?
10:03 kohaputti is using Rebased-by git-trailer ok? I see one other person using it, other people add a comment after sign-off about rebasing but I don't want to sign-off my rebase...
10:04 cait hm and this 20.05 also has the broken about page
10:05 cait tcohen: I have the broken about page in my kohadevbox
10:05 cait an't locate object method "phases" via package "CPAN::Meta::Prereqs" at /home/vagrant/kohaclone/C4​/Installer/ line 55
10:05 cait do we have a workaround for that yet?
10:06 ashimema Rebased-by seems a good trailer to me
10:06 ashimema I've also used 'Rescued-by'
10:06 ashimema if you've rebased something ancient and effectively adopted it from the original author
10:06 Joubu cait: apt install libcpan-meta-perl
10:07 cait Joubu: will that be auto-installed if you update from self-made packages? or should i add that for my sysadmi too?
10:07 Joubu see the ML
10:07 Joubu it is supposed to work, but someone just reported it
10:07 cait the subjects are not helpful, was just working through ml messages :)
10:07 cait ok, i better add it, easy to test at least
10:08 cait hm it doesn't appear to fix things
10:09 Joubu apt show libcpan-meta-perl must return 2.150010 (NOT 2.150005)
10:09 cait Setting up libcpan-meta-perl (2.150010-1) ...
10:09 Joubu restart all
10:09 cait i did
10:09 Joubu which OS?
10:09 wahanui which OS are you using?
10:09 cait ah ok, it took a second restart
10:09 cait not sure why, but now it's ok
10:09 cait now to fix the permission thing
10:10 Joubu chown -R kohadev-koha:kohadev-koha /var/log/koha/kohadev
10:12 cait thank you :)
10:12 cait do i just need towswitch out the user for a normal package installation?
10:16 khall joined #koha
10:18 alex_a_ joined #koha
10:18 matts joined #koha
10:19 Joubu the permissions are set with koha-create, so you should not need to do it
10:19 cait but you don't run koha-create on an update
10:20 cait we are updating our demo server - it serves as a first update test as well
10:21 matts joined #koha
10:26 cait Joubu: can you remind me of the bug number for the permission issue?
10:26 cait failing to find the email
10:26 Joubu cait: yes for an upgrade you may need to do it. I've asked a couple of hours ago on https://bugs.koha-community.or[…].cgi?id=25284#c24
10:26 huginn Bug 25284: blocker, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to master , Can't open /var/log/koha/kohadev/opac-error.log (Permission denied)
10:26 Joubu heh, that one
10:27 cait thx!
10:29 kohaputti oh, I got that error too
10:30 Joubu ashimema: could you follow-up on 22522 if it's clear for you what needs to be done?
10:30 kohaputti just chown'd stuff and didn't think it could be fixed somewhere :D
10:31 cait for non-dev users it can be quite a hurdle
10:31 cait if we can't automate, we need to make it clear in the notes
10:31 kohaputti well this one we can automate
10:33 Joubu yes definitely, I bet it's for the postinst script, but not 100% sure
10:37 kohaputti or just add the opac-error.log to debian/scripts/koha-plack list of files to fix
10:38 khall joined #koha
10:39 kohaputti I guess intranet-error.log should be there too
10:39 Joubu I was not aware of that
10:39 Joubu that should not be there I think
10:39 kohaputti I wonder if sru-apache-error.log is correct either
10:40 kohaputti it is defined here:
10:40 kohaputti templates/​.INTRANET.filename=__LOG_DIR__/intranet-error.log
10:40 kohaputti ... under $koha_root/debian
10:41 Joubu sru-apache-error.log?
10:41 kohaputti intranet-error.log
10:41 kohaputti sru-apacher-error.log is for z3950 daemon
10:41 ashimema will do Joubu
10:43 Joubu thanks
10:43 Joubu kohaputti: I don't understand what you mean. But yes intranet-error.log has the same problm as opac-error.log
10:44 kohaputti sru-apacher-error.log is also chowned as root
10:44 wahanui okay, kohaputti.
10:44 Joubu both are created by apache if the files don't not exist.
10:44 inlibro joined #koha
10:45 kohaputti apache creates intranet-error.log at least with the wrong user (root), it should be the koha-user since log4perl is used.
10:46 Joubu it's z3950-error.log :)
10:46 Joubu at least it's how it's named in master
10:46 kohaputti I upgraded from some older koha version this installation, maybe the log files were not renamed
10:47 Joubu yes, it creates them with wrong user, but now (20.05) we have koha-create that will fix the permissions
10:47 Joubu that only works for new instance creation ofc
10:47 kohaputti but the intranet-error.log issue with wrong user, as well as the opac-error.log issue with wrong user still exists
10:48 cait1 joined #koha
10:48 kohaputti Joubu, debian/scripts/koha-plack lists the log files that need chown'ing and chowns those
10:48 kohaputti so we could easily add the intranet and opac logs to that list
10:49 kohaputti now there is: /var/log/koha/${instance}/plack.log and /var/log/koha/${instance}/plack-error.log
10:50 kohaputti ^ this was the suggestions earlier I tried to explain...
10:52 Joubu yes, but it's not the right place imo
10:52 Joubu but that could work
10:58 enkidu joined #koha
11:24 oleonard joined #koha
11:25 oleonard Hi #koha
11:26 alex_a__ joined #koha
11:27 cait1 hi oleonard
11:27 wahanui hi oleopard
11:39 kidclamp joined #koha
11:41 enkidu joined #koha
11:42 Dyrcona joined #koha
11:44 inlibro joined #koha
11:50 khall joined #koha
11:58 ashimema am I missing something obvious..
11:58 ashimema how can an item be on order and issued at the same time>
12:00 cait1 i guess if you overwrite the rules
12:00 oleonard cait: I want to say Bug 20168 is ready for testing but if I do I have to write a test plan...
12:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20168 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Update of the OPAC bootstrap template to bootstrap v4
12:00 cait1 and forgot to change the item status
12:00 tcohen ashimema can't you just think in more than 4 dimensions?
12:01 ashimema back in my physics days i used to think in  fair few dimentions ;)
12:03 ashimema oh I see.. it's more of the method name issue than a logic problem
12:06 ashimema '/me is reluctantly on an FQA spree it seems
12:07 * ashimema was aiming for a PQA spree.. but alas..
12:09 khall_ joined #koha
12:10 * oleonard hides his filthy awful patches from ashimema
12:14 tcohen #koha we need more junkins nodes
12:15 oleonard Haha sick burn... junkins. Take that Jenkins!
12:17 ashimema hahaha
12:18 ashimema agreed tcohen
12:19 ashimema not entirely sure how to help there though :(.. we're already donating peoples and sandboxes at ptfs-e.. not sure I can work my magic to get any more donations at the minute
12:30 * Joubu gives his body to Jenkins
12:31 davidnind left #koha
12:40 wizzycray joined #koha
12:44 inlibro joined #koha
12:48 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
12:50 tcohen @later tell mtj your node/runner is down
12:50 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
12:50 ashimema how much grunt do Jenkins runners actually need tcohen
12:51 ashimema I could perhaps buy a couple of pi's to devote to it if they've got the guys?
13:00 kohaputti tcohen, I'm checking if we can do anything at our library to help. Is the need more for availability of nodes, or for compute power? What would be the required specs for this server?
13:01 tcohen dual core, 4GB RAM,
13:01 kohaputti and x86_64 I assume :)
13:01 tcohen 60/80GB storage
13:01 tcohen x86_64, that's right
13:02 morrism joined #koha
13:03 kohaputti so much space
13:03 kohaputti what does jenkins store?
13:03 ashimema blimey.. yeah..
13:03 ashimema that's storage requirement is huge?
13:03 ashimema why dat...
13:10 khall joined #koha
13:29 kohaputti tcohen, ^
13:29 tcohen docker images
13:30 chris_n joined #koha
13:30 tcohen the kohaclone has shrunk
13:30 tcohen but it is normal to have 8/10 GB of docker images
13:30 tcohen I'm checking
13:32 tcohen I'm running one of the normal tasks and see how much space is used
13:34 tcohen kohaputti it is not using more than 20GB
13:34 tcohen total
13:34 tcohen so I guess a 40GB one would be find
13:39 Null404 hi, is there any way to get a list of deleted Messages on Patron in KOHA ?
13:44 oleonard Null404: No, when they are deleted they are deleted from the database
13:44 oleonard It would be a good enhancement to make it possible to see past messages since they're quite easy to delete
13:45 inlibro joined #koha
13:45 oleonard ...provided the enhancement took GDPR in mind
13:49 kohaputti tcohen, ok, that's perfect, I will see if I can arrange such server.
13:59 talljoy joined #koha
14:00 ashimema cait.. I'm not sure I agree with your followup on bug 25545
14:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25545 normal, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Invoice page - Adjustments are not included in the Total + adjustments + shipment cost (Column tax. inc.)
14:07 Null404 oh okay
14:10 tcohen kohaputti ashimema Joubu I'm adding a cheap runner on behalf of Theke for the Gitlab tasks
14:11 tcohen now that mtj's is down we don't get KTD built
14:11 ashimema tcohen, you're a start
14:11 ashimema * tcohen, you're a star
14:13 kohaputti tcohen, so you manage jenkins? Just wondering who to contact if I manage to get the server for this (I will know earliest tomorrow).
14:13 tcohen that's me
14:13 kohaputti ok, great
14:13 tcohen or ashimema or Joubu
14:13 tcohen but try with me first
14:13 ashimema kohaputti++
14:13 tcohen kohaputti++
14:13 ashimema probably best to try tcohen first. although I have access I'm by no means as adept as tcohen yet
14:14 * ashimema is still learning
14:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D10 build #12: STILL FAILING in 4 min 41 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D10/12/
14:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #344: STILL UNSTABLE in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/344/
14:31 cait1 oleonard: do you have an opinion on bug 25545 follow-up?
14:31 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25545 normal, P5 - low, ---, nick, Passed QA , Invoice page - Adjustments are not included in the Total + adjustments + shipment cost (Column tax. inc.)
14:31 * oleonard looks
14:33 oleonard I think it's correct
14:35 cait1 before or after?
14:35 oleonard I think the follow-up is correct
14:36 ashimema feel free to comment as such.. I didn't want to hold up QA based on my opinion
14:37 ashimema I wouldn't write. "Dog + cat" for example.. I'd write "Dog + Cat"
14:37 ashimema anywho.. not worth arguing over
14:37 cait1 oleonard: I also looked up your question from last week abotu the typo - but didn't have time to fully test it out
14:37 cait1 ashimema: i think you'd do that, but we don't adhere to the title rules
14:38 cait1 we made it simply "first word"
14:38 cait1 at least that's my interpretation
14:38 cait1 capitalization is different in German (of course)
14:40 ashimema I have a feeling I may be patching that locally then..or in the British English translations at least.
14:40 ashimema oh well
14:40 cait1 and not sure if ti's more sane or not
14:40 cait1 hm
14:40 cait1 ashimema: do you change it in other places too?
14:41 ashimema can't say I've run into similar cases
14:41 ashimema no matter.. not worth spending much time on it to be honest
14:41 cait1 i don't want to make you unhappy
14:42 cait1 we also do "Notices and slips"
14:42 cait1 just to explin my logic
14:42 cait1 and... if you can#t tell by this discussion... I have to make slides again
14:42 cait1 (and try to avoid it)
14:42 ashimema lol
14:44 oleonard cait1 we could trade and you could write my test plan instead... but I don't think you'd like my slides
14:44 cait1 it sounds very tempting
14:45 cait1 what makes your test plan so bad?
14:45 cait1 btw.... slides for 90 minutes
14:45 inlibro joined #koha
14:46 khall joined #koha
14:47 oleonard cait1 I want to be more thorough with the test plan than "Test everything" but I'm not sure how specific I need to be.
14:48 cait1 so yours will also fill 90 minutes at least? :)
14:48 cait1 is it "all of Koha" or a specific area?
14:48 cait1 oh1
14:48 cait1 bootstrap 4?
14:49 oleonard In the OPAC
14:53 ashimema mm.. scary one that
14:53 ashimema I'd go so far as to request special treatment from the RM and just aim for an early push and accompany it with a promise to fix the bugs that fall out throughout the cycle
14:54 ashimema kinda feels like the sanest approach to me on that one.
14:55 oleonard Yeah that's what I think too.
14:57 * ashimema is just going to have to do his accessibility patches twice isn't he.. once for the customers branch and once for community at large..
15:00 cait1 we could also do this "hit it for one hour thing" i suggested in QA email
15:00 cait1 just a group of people ... 1 hour and try to test as much as possible
15:00 cait1 to see if any biggies turn up
15:01 oleonard I mean... If you're going to have to patch 18.11 too ashimema?
15:08 ashimema indeed
15:08 ashimema count me in one an hours trying to break the OPAC cait
15:09 ashimema in fact.. pretty sure I could get a team onboard with that.. I could setup one or two sandboxes and just point the support guys at it
15:13 oleonard An international simultaneous scrutiny of my patches? I'm going to take some heavy psychic damage from that :D
15:14 cait1 you need to be more confident
15:14 cait1 i am not going to tell ashimema, but usually i take your patches when i need to PQA on something
15:14 cait1 :P
15:14 cait1 ashimema: read what you said earlier about FQA a lot... it just happens
15:15 ashimema hehe
15:15 ashimema yeah... I've passed  a few since then and feel better now
15:15 tuxayo «early push and accompany it with a promise to fix the bugs that fall out throughout the cycle kinda feels like the sanest approach
15:16 tuxayo to me on that one.»
15:16 tuxayo For such big changes doing that early in the cycle seems a good approach.
15:16 cait1 ashimema: if you got a team.. want to set a time and date?
15:16 ashimema I tend to build pass 2 or more for any I fail.. it's sorta habit.. if I fail something I have to go hunt out at least one to pass to mentally fix my Karma ;)
15:16 margaret joined #koha
15:17 ashimema I'll raise it in tomorrows company meeting
15:17 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:17 wahanui Congratulations!
15:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #232: FIXED in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D8/232/
15:19 tuxayo ashimema: «I could setup one or two sandboxes and just point the support guys at it»
15:19 tuxayo I'm not sure you can use sandboxes for this bug. (patches aren't in bugzilla due to their size)
15:19 tuxayo koha-jenkins: 🥳
15:19 koha-jenkins tuxayo did you mean me? Unknown command '🥳'
15:19 koha-jenkins Use '!koha-jenkins help' to get help!
15:20 ashimema sandboxes can use a git branch from anywhere ;)
15:20 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:20 wahanui Congratulations!
15:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #227: FIXED in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/227/
15:20 ashimema and.. as I have the keys to/maintain one of the sandboxes servers.. I can kinda checkout whatever I like on them ;)
15:20 tuxayo This is great!
15:21 ashimema you should deffo try the branch checkout options.. they work very well :)
15:30 kohaputti I'm working on a patch that introduces new zebra search keyword ("cni") but in unit tests I get
15:30 kohaputti CCL parsing error (10014) Unknown qualifier ZOOM for query: (rcn='1234' and cni='FIRST') or rcn='FIRST 1234' at /kohadevbox/koha/C4/ line 250.
15:30 kohaputti with intranet and opac the searches work
15:31 kohaputti do I need to mock this new zebra keyword somehow?
15:32 kohaputti I did the following mocks:
15:32 kohaputti t::lib::Mocks::mock_preference( 'SearchEngine', 'Zebra' );
15:32 kohaputti my $search_mod = Test::MockModule->new( 'C4::Search' );
15:32 kohaputti $search_mod->mock( 'new_record_from_zebra', \&test_component_record_second );
15:37 kohaputti maybe I should try rebuilding zebra index...
15:37 kohaputti no help :(
15:45 inlibro joined #koha
15:45 tuxayo
15:45 tuxayo > Git remote & branch
15:45 tuxayo Nice, I had never noticed it
15:53 cait1 left #koha
15:54 lukeG joined #koha
15:56 tcohen where are you adding the keyword?
15:56 tcohen rememebr Search.t launches its own zebra server
16:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #226: SUCCESS in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D9/226/
16:06 kohaputti tcohen, ooh, I think that might be the issue then, not launching zebra server, let me see that first
16:06 kohaputti although, I mock the search thing but let me still try.
16:07 khall joined #koha
16:32 reiveune bye
16:32 reiveune left #koha
16:36 cait joined #koha
16:45 inlibro joined #koha
16:48 khall_ joined #koha
16:50 oleonard The good thing about writing a detailed test plan is finding the things you forgot to fix...
16:54 khall joined #koha
17:16 ashimema oleonard++
17:30 caroline ashimema are you on the koha-docs mailing list? your message was blocked, I don't know why
17:30 caroline It's the first time in 1 1#2 yrs I've seen an email from an actual koha-community member being blocked
17:33 ashimema I thinks it was because I did a reply-all and totally missed that  the list was in the original email trail
17:45 inlibro joined #koha
17:57 khall_ joined #koha
18:05 cait joined #koha
18:06 tcohen @seen mtj
18:06 huginn tcohen: mtj was last seen in #koha 6 days, 13 hours, 42 minutes, and 21 seconds ago: <mtj> oops, sorry the Koha_20.05_D8 noise ^
18:16 khall joined #koha
18:22 khall_ joined #koha
18:34 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
18:38 caroline are language-specific sql still what is used for translating frameworks?
18:38 caroline just noticed there is an error in the fr-CA authorities frameworks and I wondered if I should submit a patch with sql
18:45 inlibro joined #koha
18:47 cait caroline: are you using MARC21?
18:47 caroline yes
18:47 cait is it an sql error or a translation error?
18:47 caroline sql error
18:48 caroline but it's not present in enghlish
18:48 ashimema I'd fix the SQL error as a patch to the SQL..
18:49 cait hm, I've been asking because i use pootle for the framework
18:49 cait s
18:49 caroline yeah, I've seen MARC stuff on pootle, that's why I was asking
18:49 cait and in theory that shoudl give you perfect sql files
18:49 cait translate here: https://translate.koha-communi[…]org/fr_CA/marc21/
18:49 cait download here:
18:50 cait and then you can turn the downloaded files into a patch that will match the English ones
18:50 caroline If it's on Pootle, does that mean we get to be able to use frameworks in more that 1 language?
18:50 cait at themoment it's only a help to translate the sql files
18:50 cait and you have to submit them yourself as a patch
18:50 ashimema seen these too caroline: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]raph.cgi?id=24871
18:50 wahanui I haven't seen 'these', ashimema
18:50 cait it's not part of the releases
18:50 caroline ah ok. too bad...
18:50 oleonard wahanui: forget these
18:50 wahanui oleonard: I forgot these
18:50 cait but it sure does help to translate them
18:51 ashimema we might need a similar removal bug for fr-CA.. i'm not close enough to tell at this point
18:51 cait possibly
18:51 cait but i am not sure about all the steps yet myself - i think we need bernardo to create files on pootle with the translations from the existing files
18:54 cait when you want to make the move he'd probably be happy to help
18:55 caroline are *installer.po supposed to replace staff-prog and opac-bootstrap and all those files?
18:55 cait no
18:55 cait those are only for the installer
18:55 cait another file for another task
18:56 caroline so installer.po files will be for MARC and authorised_values and things like that?
18:56 cait for marc we already have files - not sure if they are converted
18:56 cait i think mostly for the other things like notices, and auth values
18:59 cait hm i think you get to use yml... for marc, but still use the po we have
19:31 khall joined #koha
19:41 AnnaBoten joined #koha
19:43 AnnaBoten joined #koha
19:46 inlibro joined #koha
19:46 andreashm joined #koha
20:02 cait1 joined #koha
20:05 morrism joined #koha
20:08 khall joined #koha
20:23 khall_ joined #koha
20:33 caroline cait how do you translate deleted fields in pootle? Example https://translate.koha-communi[…]filter=incomplete says Bib field 023 "STANDARD FILM NUMBER (VM) [DELETED]" it's not even in the historic section of[…]hic/bd01x09x.html
20:33 caroline it's not in my french version either
20:33 cait1 hm i think doing my best to have it make sense
20:33 caroline (wlol sorry!
20:33 cait1 the German translation is outdated... so i have to get a bit creative sometimes
20:34 caroline so you do translate them?
20:34 cait1 yes, becasue they show
20:34 cait1 i think
20:34 cait1 it's been a whlie
20:34 caroline Do you know of any reason we would still have them in the frameworks?
20:35 caroline I guess some ppl might have records with those fields, but even new installs?
20:37 cait1 i think old data
20:37 cait1 and people migrate from older systems... so the fields could be there
20:38 cait1 the main reason will be that Koha deletes data if the fields are not in the framework
20:40 hayley joined #koha
20:40 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:41 kathryn joined #koha
20:43 Dyrcona joined #koha
20:46 inlibro joined #koha
20:51 tuxayo tcohen around?
21:25 morrism joined #koha
21:46 inlibro joined #koha
21:58 calire joined #koha
22:23 andreashm joined #koha
22:37 cait joined #koha
22:46 inlibro joined #koha
23:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #228: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/228/
23:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #227: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D9/227/
23:20 Dyrcona joined #koha
23:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #233: SUCCESS in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D8/233/
23:37 hayley hey tuxayo you around? :)
23:38 tuxayo hayley: yup :)
23:40 hayley just a note about the rmaint, generally the patches that get backported cascade in a waterfall fashion, so stable decides what goes in from master, oldstable decides what goes in from stable, and then oldoldstable decides what goes in from oldstable, if that makes sense? obviously there are exceptions to that rule, like if the patch is for a specific version, or if you've chatted to someone about it, just thought I'd let you know in case someone hadn't :)
23:41 hayley generally oldoldstable tries to only backported critical or major, as the goal is to protect the version and not really for enhancements, but everyone does it differently really
23:43 tuxayo > oldoldstable decides what goes in from oldstable
23:43 tuxayo Unless I got mixed up, I'm only looking at patches from my upstream (19.11) to consider backporting to 19.05
23:44 hayley yes that's correct tuxayo
23:44 hayley ahh are you looking at the patches from before the most recent release?
23:44 hayley sorry I didn't consider that
23:44 hayley that's cool
23:45 hayley when I did oldoldstable I only considered patches from after the last release, but it's totally fine to look backwardds if you want to!
23:45 tuxayo > ahh are you looking at the patches from before the most recent release?
23:45 tuxayo yes, when 19.11 pushed a fair number of patches after 19.05 freezed.
23:46 inlibro joined #koha
23:47 tuxayo > when I did oldoldstable I only considered patches from after the last release, but it's totally fine to look backwardds if you want to!
23:47 tuxayo I would have missed some in my case. I just started from latest patch in 19.05.x, looked in the log of 19.11.x and I'm moving up to catch up
23:48 tuxayo > generally oldoldstable tries to only backported critical or major, as the goal is to protect the version and not really for enhancements, but everyone does it differently really
23:48 tuxayo I'm noting that. That will help when I hesitate for normal or minor bug.
23:48 hayley that's fine, I understand now! not a problem :)
23:52 tuxayo > when I did oldoldstable I only considered patches from after the last release, but it's totally fine to look backwardds if you want to!
23:52 tuxayo I wonder if that's not actually necessary to look before the latest release. To avoid having a gaps in the backporting.
23:55 hayley I'm not sure I totally understand
23:56 hayley what do you mean by a gap?
23:59 tuxayo If I would have started my maintenance only after the latest release v19.11.06.
23:59 tuxayo I would not have went through between 12 and 8 tickets compared to looking at the latest backport in 19.05.x, find it in 19.11.x, and begin from here.

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary