IRC log for #koha, 2020-05-20

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:04 talljoy @later tell joubu you mentioned needing 25510.  in order to get that i need 15253, 25172, 25032, 25068 and 24735.  And 24735 doesn't apply to 19.11.x.  Any suggestions for me?
00:04 huginn talljoy: The operation succeeded.
00:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #148: UNSTABLE in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/148/
00:15 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #148: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/148/
00:21 khall joined #koha
00:22 AndrewFH joined #koha
00:23 inlibro joined #koha
00:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #148: STILL UNSTABLE in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/148/
01:04 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
01:04 wahanui Congratulations!
01:04 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #149: FIXED in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/149/
01:07 khall joined #koha
01:15 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #149: SUCCESS in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/149/
01:22 wizzyrea joined #koha
01:23 inlibro joined #koha
01:45 AndrewFH joined #koha
01:51 khall joined #koha
02:08 AndrewFH joined #koha
02:23 inlibro joined #koha
02:29 khall joined #koha
03:23 inlibro joined #koha
03:43 oleonard-away joined #koha
04:06 jeff_ joined #koha
04:23 inlibro joined #koha
05:06 JBoyer joined #koha
05:19 jeff joined #koha
05:24 inlibro joined #koha
05:27 jeff_ joined #koha
05:30 khall joined #koha
05:49 JBoyer_ joined #koha
05:59 jeff joined #koha
05:59 did joined #koha
06:05 deb-CSPL joined #koha
06:06 cait joined #koha
06:24 inlibro joined #koha
06:53 reiveune joined #koha
06:53 alex_a joined #koha
06:53 reiveune hello
06:53 alex_a Bonjour
06:58 kohaputti joined #koha
07:03 cait1 joined #koha
07:05 jeff joined #koha
07:06 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
07:06 wahanui Congratulations!
07:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1341: FIXED in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1341/
07:07 cait joined #koha
07:13 cait good morning #koha
07:15 kohaputti joined #koha
07:24 inlibro joined #koha
07:27 sophie_m joined #koha
07:28 magnuse \O/
07:30 andreashm joined #koha
07:36 henryb joined #koha
07:45 andreashm joined #koha
07:52 ashimema Mornin'
07:52 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
07:52 wahanui Congratulations!
07:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #299: FIXED in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/299/
08:06 kohaputti joined #koha
08:09 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
08:09 wahanui Congratulations!
08:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #794: FIXED in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/794/
08:10 cait jajm: we are still ab it stuck on the right configuration for locales - do you happen to have a working one maybe?
08:11 jajm cait, what do you mean by "a working configuration" ?
08:13 jajm cait, did you try to run `locale -a` ?
08:19 cait my coworker is trying to find a combination that works
08:19 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25284: chown /var/log/koha log files on koha-create <[…]ff1529775f03ac969>
08:19 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25524: Remove --line-regexp option in log4perl_component() <[…]9eaf21858410f7edf>
08:19 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25485: Remove tiny_mce symlink during pre install of deb package <[…]10a53433310ca2c7f>
08:19 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25485: Remove all mention of tiny_mce in debian/rules <[…]6bbf749c7db533a5c>
08:19 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25485: TinyMCE broken in Debian package installs <[…]6aac700d79467786b>
08:20 cait jajm: something that doesn't break fines (the bug wth Plack) and has the tarnslations working :)
08:21 cait I've askeda bout locale -a
08:21 cait I don't have command line access to the servers
08:24 inlibro joined #koha
08:26 Null404 joined #koha
08:26 cait jajm: we got: C
08:26 cait C.UTF-8
08:26 cait en_US.utf8
08:26 cait POSIX
08:27 jajm cait, ok, you have en_US.utf8 installed, so the problem is not there
08:28 cait not sure if that is good or not
08:28 cait any other chance to debug?
08:29 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
08:29 wahanui Congratulations!
08:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #328: FIXED in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/328/
08:33 jajm cait, the bug with plack, how was it fixed ?
08:36 Slava joined #koha
08:38 Guest25662 left #koha
08:38 cait jajm: Bug 18186
08:42 jajm cait, so the fix was to change the default locale, nothing else ?
08:53 cait i think so
08:54 cait with one eye in a meeting atm
08:54 cait i am sorry
08:56 Null404 hello
08:56 wahanui niihau, Null404
08:56 Null404 wow, that was fast wahanui
09:02 Null404 I'm still triying to get translated version of system, on I searched word "available" (that is not translated in my system) and every of 126 phrases that have "available" are translated on that site, so I'm think a problem is that my version of system doesn't apply that files from translate.koha-community
09:03 Joubu @later tell kidclamp can you have a look at 24301 please?
09:03 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
09:04 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #243: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/243/
09:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1342: SUCCESS in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1342/
09:24 inlibro joined #koha
09:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #795: UNSTABLE in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/795/
09:51 Null404 finally I found  these words that I looking for few days and it seems that are translated, but in system is still in English, so what should I do to fix it ?
09:51 ashimema anyone knwo what aliesha's nick is?
09:52 davidnind ashimema: aleisha
09:52 ashimema oh.. cool
09:52 ashimema that's easy
09:53 davidnind :)
09:53 ashimema @later tell aleisha it looks like you might have mentored on bug 24301... would you like me to add a git trailer for that so you're recognised in the release notes for that? :)
09:53 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
09:54 andreashm joined #koha
09:55 ashimema @later tell aliesha that was meant to be bug 14647.. someone distracted me mid typing :(
09:55 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
09:59 kidclamp joined #koha
10:01 davidnind Null404: I don't know anything about translation files, but have you looked at https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ANET_staff_client
10:02 davidnind Null404: I think you can download the latest po files, replace and reinstall (may get replaced in the next package update...)
10:02 Null404 I updated few times
10:02 Null404 and nothing
10:04 davidnind Ah well, maybe send a message to the translation mailing list https://lists.koha-community.o[…]fo/koha-translate
10:04 cait Null404: the files on pootle are always for the latest bugfix verson - which is your current version exactly?
10:05 Null404 how to find that cait ?
10:05 cait go on about koha
10:05 cait and check the full version number listed there
10:05 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #300: SUCCESS in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/300/
10:05 Joubu Null404: it's marked as fuzzy, and the number of '%s' does not match. That's why it's not picked
10:08 Null404 oh, so its a bug in official files ?
10:09 cait looksl ike
10:09 cait fuzzy entries won't get translated
10:09 cait and that's good because the error would break things
10:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #877: SUCCESS in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/877/
10:13 Null404 cait: so how to unlock ?
10:17 Null404 delete "fuzzy" phrase  in this file ?
10:18 Joubu Null404: the only long-term solution is to contribute to the official pl-PL translation
10:19 Null404 I know that, I translated some phrases, but I want to fix these words as fast as possible
10:19 Null404 because some librarians don't know english language very well
10:20 cait Null404: can you paste what you see?
10:20 cait you also need to fix the error
10:20 cait but yes, deleting fuzzy is one step
10:21 ashimema if you fix them now in community then the release this week will include them ;)
10:21 ashimema I don't beleve the rmaints have built their release yet.. 22nd I think it the target
10:22 cait jow has been pushing
10:23 cait joy
10:23 cait gr.
10:23 cait are we on track for 20.05? there was such a flurry of emails i did not quite manage to keep up
10:23 ashimema just waiting to see what Jenkins thinks of the current state
10:23 ashimema and to check in on the packaging gang on how we're set for D10
10:24 ashimema We're close
10:24 cait cool :)
10:24 cait i am not much help with packaging, but keeping fingers crossed
10:24 inlibro joined #koha
10:27 khall joined #koha
10:33 Null404 I deleted "fuzzy" and nothing new happens
10:34 cait you need to retranslate
10:35 cait install/update the laqnauge again to update the files created from the po file
10:37 Null404 I cait you mean sudo koha-translate --update pl-PL ?
10:37 cait yes please try that
10:37 cait also need your instance name i thnk
10:38 Null404 " Warning: unconsistent %s count: (25/22):"
10:38 Null404 okay, so it need to be fixed before update
10:39 cait yes, you need to fix this
10:39 cait errors like this can reak the tanslation process
10:39 cait leaving some files behind
10:40 cait sudo apt-get install translate-toolkit
10:40 cait junitmsgfmt misc/translator/po/pl*
10:40 cait can help you find the problems
10:42 Null404 okay
10:50 davidnind left #koha
10:59 dcook joined #koha
11:00 dcook hola #koha
11:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #329: UNSTABLE in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/329/
11:00 dcook Going to try my hand at writing a Koha plugin this fine evening
11:00 * dcook debates whether to grab a beer from the fridge first...
11:01 ashimema :)
11:02 fraktik joined #koha
11:04 dcook They're from what is arguably Australia's most popular craft brewery at the moment so... pretty tempting heh
11:04 dcook But first work and then play..
11:05 dcook @later tell tcohen This is the line where the actual package build happens:[…]ipts/
11:05 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
11:05 cait keep it for last as a reward?
11:07 dcook Good plan :)
11:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #796: STILL UNSTABLE in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/796/
11:08 dcook Part of me still wonders if I should just try to refactor Bug 10662 and add total unit test coverage... but I just keep thinking that it might be better to do as a plugin so that people can use it and give feedback so that more iterative development could be done
11:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10662 new feature, P3, ---, dcook, Failed QA , Build OAI-PMH Harvesting Client
11:09 dcook Rather than putting all this effort to get it into Koha and then a lot of people deciding it doesn't actually work for their use case
11:09 dcook Plus thanks to advances in Koha over the past few years, it's easier to do as a plugin than ever
11:09 cait I think moving ot a plugin soudns like a good idea in general
11:10 dcook :D
11:10 dcook I'm glad to hear that
11:10 dcook I've been second guessing myself a lot on this one
11:11 dcook On that note, time for me to read the wiki heh
11:11 dcook Hope everyone is having a good day so far
11:12 dcook Hmm says there was a "Koha plugin development reference" but apparently it doesn't exist now?
11:13 dcook Maybe I'll just look at the kitchen sink plugin..
11:13 cait it's the kitchen sink plugin
11:15 dcook Ahh cool
11:15 dcook I wonder what naming convention to use if I'm doing this as an individual...
11:16 dcook I have thought maybe "Com/Github/Minusdavid"
11:16 cait hm why github?
11:16 dcook That's probably where it'll be hosted?
11:16 dcook I don't have a personal website heh
11:16 cait not sure about the naming, i was just wondering if you'd move
11:17 dcook Of course, since I work for a vendor, I could just use the company name, but I don't necessarily want to associate it with the company, since it's my personal work
11:17 cait maybe look at theke and bywater for examples
11:17 cait[…]rce-delete-record
11:17 dcook I think they'll all be using their vendor names though
11:18 cait you could use minusdavid in the last bit
11:18 dcook Koha::Plugin::Com::Theke or Koha::Plugin::Com::BywaterSolutions
11:18 dcook Like "Koha::Plugin::Minusdavid"?
11:18 dcook That's just my github user though
11:18 cait or dcook :)
11:18 dcook Maybe dcook would be best
11:18 dcook That's my most universal handle
11:18 cait it was just a thought- i haven't done one myself and would probably fail on this psot too
11:19 dcook Good to talk to someone about it :)
11:19 cait naming things is the hardest
11:19 dcook I think for now I'll do "Koha::Plugin::Dcook" and Tomas or Kyle can give me more guidance later
11:19 dcook Sooo the hardest
11:20 khall dcook that should be good! We started with the java style naming just to make sure nobody accidentally named two different plugins the same thing
11:21 dcook Cool! Thanks for that, khall :)
11:21 dcook I like the Java naming style for that reason
11:25 inlibro joined #koha
11:25 Null404 I deleted "fuzzy", fixed errors during koha-translate and I didn't solve a problem cait
11:25 cait yes, because the fuzzy was there for a reason
11:25 Null404 and of couse restarted services
11:25 cait you need to fix the translations
11:25 Null404 *course
11:25 cait the fuzzy is set when a problem is detected
11:26 cait does the comman di gave you give some ouput and can you share that with
11:29 * magnuse waves to khall
11:29 Null404 I entered sudo koha-translate --update pl-PL and system was thinking few seconds, and don't show any communicat
11:29 magnuse ...and dcook
11:29 dcook heya magnuse :D
11:30 AndrewFH joined #koha
11:31 dcook There's so much in this kitchen sink heh
11:33 magnuse i tried to create a "plugin starter" based on it, but i have not kept it updated
11:35 dcook It's all good. This is a good way to learn.
11:37 dcook Actually, maybe it would be good to have the Kitchen Sink for everything you can do, and a plugin for the least that you can do heh
11:37 andreashm joined #koha
11:38 dcook Although it is good reading through the Kitchen Sink so I get an idea for all the capabilities..
11:39 magnuse yup
11:39 magnuse this page is incomplete: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Koha_Plugin_Hooks
11:40 Dyrcona joined #koha
11:41 dcook Thanks magnuse. That actually does help, as I'm looking to inject a plugin route
11:41 dcook err API route
11:42 dcook Actually quite excited by this one
11:48 AndrewFH joined #koha
11:53 tcohen morning
11:54 tcohen back into coding dcook?
11:54 tcohen :-D
11:54 dcook Hehe
11:54 dcook Personal projects this time
11:55 tcohen the coverflow plugin got migrated into a route
11:55 dcook Going to leave Bug 10662 as it is, but create 2 plugins and a separate OAI-PMH harvester
11:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10662 new feature, P3, ---, dcook, Failed QA , Build OAI-PMH Harvesting Client
11:55 dcook tcohen: I had a feeling that might be the case
11:55 dcook I'm actually using some of your plugins for inspiration heh
11:55 dcook Just doing my openapi.json right now
11:55 dcook At the moment, I'm planning 1 plugin to inject an API route to accept OAI-PMH XML
11:55 tcohen awesome, that was the whole point
11:56 dcook Then another plugin to connect using an HTTP API to my Golang powered OAI-PMH harvester
11:56 dcook With embedded scheduler
11:56 tcohen On my TODO list
11:56 tcohen there's POST /biblios
11:56 tcohen accepting several content-types
11:56 dcook I was wondering if there was a POST /biblios
11:57 dcook In this case, I want Koha to keep track of the OAI-PMH identifiers
11:57 dcook So I can try to keep as much state out of the harvester as possible
11:58 tcohen right
11:58 tcohen you should make it a plugin and have the tables you need
11:58 dcook that's what I'm writing right now :D
11:58 dcook So your words are music to my ears
11:58 dcook ... so to speak
11:58 dcook I've been wondering if these ideas are fit for plugins, but it really seems like it
11:59 dcook Especially with their current abilities
11:59 dcook Is there a naming convention for adding tables via a plugin?
11:59 dcook I was thinking maybe "plugin_oaipmh_records"
11:59 dcook Just so a DB admin would know it's a plugin controlled table
11:59 dcook Although I guess if it were mainstreamed that wouldn't be very good
12:00 dcook And that API is the most likely part of my work to contribute to the mainstream..
12:00 andreash_ joined #koha
12:01 dcook Not seeing a POST for /biblios..
12:02 khall joined #koha
12:04 tcohen there's no POST yet
12:05 tcohen it is on my TODO
12:05 tcohen haha
12:05 tcohen on plugins you let the plugin system prefix the table
12:05 tcohen[…]/
12:07 dcook Oh right lol
12:07 dcook Oh beautiful
12:07 dcook Thanks for that!
12:13 khall hi magnuse!
12:25 inlibro joined #koha
12:28 dcook Ok... might have the skeleton of this plugin... time to give it its first try..
12:28 dcook Less than 1 hour and 20 minutes. Not bad...
12:31 dcook Annnd nothing heh
12:31 khall_ joined #koha
12:36 dcook Woo uploaded..
12:37 dcook Hmm but not injecting the API route and no errors..
12:41 dcook Are the injected routes supposed to show up at http://localhost:8081/api/v1/.html ?
12:41 dcook ping tcohen and khall_
12:43 tcohen did you restrt plack?
12:43 dcook Ah yeah after clearing cache and restart plack now I see errors
12:44 tcohen hahaha
12:44 tcohen restart_all
12:44 dcook heh best
12:45 dcook Had a missing dependency and now my spec is invalid
12:47 Null404 restart apache2 and memcached sometimes fix problems
12:49 dcook Well, since I'm writing this from scratch, I believe it's an issue with what I wrote heh
12:49 dcook The JSON looks valid so I must've done something wrong with the OpenAPI spec itself..
12:49 Marie-Luce joined #koha
12:55 dcook Wrote my own little validator heh
12:59 khall_ cait fixed up bug 15985 if you want to have another look!
12:59 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15985 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Passed QA , Include checkout library in fines
12:59 dcook Invalid schema:
13:00 dcook /: Properties not allowed: /biblios. at /usr/share/perl5/JSON/Validator/ line 28.
13:00 dcook :S
13:00 dcook
13:01 dcook I'm guessing I haven't defined my "added", "updated", "deleted" properties properly?
13:01 tcohen hm
13:02 dcook Hmm maybe not
13:02 Null404 okay I'm back
13:04 tcohen dcook at this stage it is failing because of the spec, it is not trying to resolve the controller
13:05 dcook Yeah that output was just from a little script I wrote that invokes JSON::Validator::OpenAPI::Mojolicious
13:05 tcohen ah, and you're validating your openapi.json file
13:05 tcohen which is not valid OpenAPI
13:06 tcohen it is just a path definition
13:06 tcohen In Koha, it gets merged
13:06 dcook Ah so it's a misleading error?
13:06 Null404 I'm fixed some critical errors in and now how to update translation files ? I'm tried sudo koha-translate --update pl-PL and nothing happens
13:06 tcohen into the main API spec
13:06 dcook This is what I see in Koha: "The resulting spec is invalid. Skipping OAI-PMH Import Plugin at /kohadevbox/koha/Koha/REST/Plugin/ line 90."
13:06 tcohen nothing more?
13:06 dcook That's it :(
13:06 dcook I actually see that twice
13:07 dcook I think spec_ok() is failing
13:07 dcook Oh but that's a point... merged..
13:08 andreashm joined #koha
13:09 dcook I'll add some debugging code
13:10 Joubu Null404: the translation you fixed on the website will be in the next stable releases (it was the long-term solution). Now if you want to apply them locally, edit the po file, translate the strings properly (make sure the number of %s match), remove the "fuzzy" line
13:10 wizzyrea joined #koha
13:11 Null404 thanks Joubu
13:11 Joubu then koha-translate --update pl-PL will update the template for pl-PL
13:12 Null404 so I need to update KOHA 18.11 and then koha-translate --update ?
13:13 Null404 or I only need koha-translate --update  ?
13:13 Joubu edit the file first, then koha-translate --update pl-PL
13:15 dcook Ok doing better debugging now..
13:15 oleonard-away joined #koha
13:15 dcook tion, type, required, in. at /usr/share/perl5/JSON/Validator/ line 28.
13:15 dcook Arg
13:15 dcook /paths/~1contrib~1oaipmhimpor​t~1biblios/post/parameters/0: oneOf failed: oneOf failed: Properties not allowed: type. oneOf failed: Not in enum list: header. Not in enum list: formData. Not in enum list: query. Not in enum list: path. Properties not allowed: name, descrip
13:15 dcook tion, type, required, in. at /usr/share/perl5/JSON/Validator/ line 28.
13:15 * dcook waves to oleonard
13:15 oleonard o/
13:15 * dcook just realizes he never got his beer
13:15 dcook 11:15pm on a wednesday just doesn't seem right
13:16 dcook Maybe I'll save it for when I get this plugin working heh
13:16 andreash_ joined #koha
13:17 dcook Makes sense that you wouldn't provide a type for a request body. Silly me
13:21 dcook Woohoo got there
13:21 dcook Thanks tcohen
13:22 khall joined #koha
13:22 dcook Thanks khall too :D
13:23 dcook Well it's listed at least..
13:23 dcook Managing to generate a 500 error now though heh
13:23 dcook Although same error I'd get for any misspelled route..
13:24 dcook Ah right authorization..
13:25 inlibro joined #koha
13:26 oleonard_ joined #koha
13:26 dcook Now 501..
13:29 dcook {"errors":[{"message":"Not implemented.","path":"\/"}],"status":501}
13:31 dcook According to[…]::Plugin::OpenAPI, 501 | Not Implemented       | Route exists, but the action is not implemented
13:34 dcook tcohen: Any clues about that one?
13:36 tcohen dcook we really need bug 25411 I think
13:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25411 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , Plugin routes cannot have anonymous access
13:36 tcohen that error is usually related to class name resoñlution
13:36 dcook I was wondering if that might be the case
13:36 dcook (I'll note down that bug although I'm using Basic auth atm)
13:36 tcohen is your class name Koha::Plugin::
13:37 dcook Yep
13:37 dcook Although x-mojo-to is DCook::OaipmhImport::Recor​dController#import_biblio
13:37 dcook And the class is Koha::Plugin::DCook::Oaipm​hImport::RecordController
13:37 dcook Following the pattern used by you and khall in your plugins
13:40 dcook I just changed it to "Libraries#list" and now I'm getting a data validation error which is good. Must be resolving the controller
13:41 dcook Oh bugger
13:41 dcook I think I see it
13:41 dcook A typo
13:41 dcook Damn that's not it..
13:42 dcook Oh wait that was it
13:42 dcook Typo in the package name
13:42 dcook That'll do it heh
13:46 Joubu meeting in 15!
13:46 dcook Oh man... nearly awake long enough for a meeting, but midnight might be a bit too late for me
13:46 tcohen can someone QA 25411 :-D
13:47 tcohen dcook: it is all about typos
13:47 tcohen hahaha
13:47 dcook haha
13:47 dcook Now to figure out how to get the body...
13:47 Joubu first typo, second cache :)
13:47 dcook my $body = $c->validation->param('body'); isn't doing the trick so I must be doing something wrong..
13:47 dcook Probably client side..
13:49 dcook Of course I'm trying to send XML and receive JSON >_>
13:50 nsk joined #koha
13:50 nsk hi
13:50 nsk i am trying to setup my own copy of koha on my server and i need some help
13:51 nsk is it possible to change the logos and colors?
13:51 * dcook is going to say goodnight to everyone and will keep trying another night ^_^
13:52 Joubu yes nsk, have a look at those 2 wiki pages:
13:52 Joubu https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]L_%26_CSS_Library
13:52 Joubu https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]le_themeing_guide
13:52 nsk Ok thanks Joubu...i will have a look
13:53 nsk and i am happy to see that the community is strong and thriving
13:53 nsk didnt expect it to be so full
13:53 Joubu :)
13:54 Joubu nsk: this page from the manual may be useful as well:[…]able-opac-regions
13:55 nsk it talks about a advanced themeing guide as well...but i am unable to find that link
13:56 oleonard_ https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ed_themeing_guide
13:56 Joubu https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ed_themeing_guide
13:56 Joubu ha!
13:58 kohaputti joined #koha
14:00 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 20 May 2020
14:00 huginn Meeting started Wed May 20 14:00:02 2020 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
14:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 20 May 2020)
14:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_20_may_2020'
14:00 Joubu #topic Introductions
14:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 20 May 2020)
14:00 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eting_20_May_2020
14:00 Joubu #chair cait
14:00 huginn Current chairs: Joubu cait
14:00 Joubu #chair ashimema
14:00 huginn Current chairs: Joubu ashimema cait
14:00 holly joined #koha
14:00 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:00 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS-Europe
14:00 oleonard_ #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
14:00 ashimema where does the time go!
14:00 Joubu qa_team.
14:00 wahanui qa_team is cait Joubu marcelr kohaputti josef_moravec tcohen kidclamp khall
14:01 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Geramny
14:01 Joubu rmaint?
14:01 Joubu rmaints?
14:01 wahanui hmmm... rmaints is talljoy, lukeG, hayley
14:01 wizzyrea #info liz rea
14:01 nsk thanks a lot
14:02 Joubu waiting few more minutes
14:02 thd joined #koha
14:02 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:02 davidnind joined #koha
14:03 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:03 Joubu #topic Announcements
14:03 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 20 May 2020)
14:03 Joubu Anyone?
14:03 wahanui i guess Anyone is free to give it a shot :-)
14:03 Joubu apart from bots I mean
14:04 * oleonard_ is working on a Bootstrap 4 update for the OPAC
14:04 wizzyrea ooh exciting
14:04 cait jajm: wrong path on pacakge based installations
14:04 ashimema Nearly release time
14:04 Joubu great, did you open a bug report already?
14:04 cait oh sorry meeting
14:04 oleonard_ Bug 20168
14:04 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20168 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Update of the OPAC bootstrap template to bootstrap v4
14:05 Joubu #info Owen is working a Bootstrap 4 update for the OPAC, see bug 20168. It will be ready for 20.11
14:05 Joubu I took some liberty in the info
14:05 ashimema oleonard++
14:05 oleonard_ I think I can work with that deadline
14:05 cait Joubu: i think you mentioned using taiga or another board again
14:06 cait i htink a place for bigger projects like this would be nice
14:06 Joubu Will talk about that with the team in a couple of weeks
14:06 cait ok
14:06 ashimema indeed.. do you have any plans you'd like to announce here as you're about to take over :)
14:06 Joubu no plan yet, push all the things
14:06 ashimema #info Joubu will announce plans for the next cycle at the next development meeting.. first of the next cycle :)
14:06 * oleonard_ hopes Joubu assigns us new uniforms
14:06 ashimema :)
14:07 Joubu #topic Update from the Release Manager (20.05)
14:07 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (20.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 20 May 2020)
14:07 * cait wants a pink superlibrarian cape.
14:07 wizzyrea ^ would be adorable
14:07 wizzyrea with sequins
14:07 cait oh yes :)
14:07 Joubu lol
14:08 Joubu ashimema: ?
14:08 Joubu something else to add?
14:08 ashimema #info 20.05 is nearly ready.. I'm still aiming for a release on the 22nd but withhold the right to postpone if Jenkins isn't looking happy or I don't get the OK from the packaging team.
14:09 Joubu I have added 2 bullet points for the "general discussion" topic
14:09 cait ashimema++
14:09 Joubu will talk about that
14:09 cait team++
14:09 ashimema #info Thanks must go out to all those devs who have been working day and night the last couple of weeks to polish and fix bugs.. they know who they are.. fantastic effort to get us over the line guys!
14:09 liliputech_asu joined #koha
14:09 Joubu #info community++
14:09 ashimema thinks that's it from mee
14:09 ashimema well done everyone
14:10 Joubu #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:10 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 20 May 2020)
14:10 Joubu I don't thing rmaints poped up for the meeting
14:10 Joubu I *think* 19.05.x is broken since March, because of a typo in
14:11 Joubu so the upgrade process might be broken
14:11 cait is that lukeg?
14:11 Joubu but nobody complained
14:11 Joubu yes, it's fixed now, and will be in the next that is released in a few days
14:11 Joubu #topic Updates from the QA team
14:11 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 20 May 2020)
14:12 Joubu #info QA queue is still high, but mostly enh (110 reports, 17 bugs)
14:12 cait thx Joubu
14:12 Joubu something to add cait?
14:13 cait I am late this week with my QA email, it's been hard to keep on top of things
14:13 cait turns out you can have tons of meetings while working from home too :)
14:13 cait fantastic work everyone and looking forward to start the next cycle with old and new QA team members
14:13 talljoy #info Joy Nelson Bywater
14:13 Joubu biggest QA team ever I think :)
14:14 cait yeah :) if they all manage a bit of time we should get very far
14:14 cait but we will be missing Joubu, so there is a lot t balance out
14:14 Joubu talljoy: something to tell us for 19.11?
14:14 Joubu talljoy: and hi :)
14:14 talljoy good morning
14:15 talljoy i am waiting on feedback for bug 25510
14:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25510 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to master , Typo in koha-common.postinst causing shell errors
14:15 ashimema agreed.. QA team is big next cycle.. but we need them all to contribute else we'll easily fall behind
14:15 talljoy i understand that is needed in 19.11.x branch, but won't apply currently
14:15 Joubu yes, there are rebased patch from dcook
14:15 Joubu I did not test them but they look correct to me
14:16 talljoy i will take a look today
14:16 Joubu ok, let me know if you need help
14:16 Joubu #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:16 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 20 May 2020)
14:16 Joubu We have 3 subtopics
14:16 Joubu #topic Catching errors caused by missing itemtype, homebranch, holdingbranch (see discussion on Bug 24331)
14:16 Topic for #koha is now Catching errors caused by missing itemtype, homebranch, holdingbranch (see discussion on Bug 24331) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 20 May 2020)
14:16 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24331 normal, P5 - low, ---, nick, Failed QA , Internal server error when placing hold on item if itemtype undefined
14:17 Joubu cait added it I think
14:17 Joubu on bug 24331 marcel would like a coding guideline about something that we (more or less) agreed on it already
14:17 cait ah yes, i noticed it was kind of stuck so we shoudl make a general decision
14:18 cait and document it to be able to refer to it
14:18 Joubu The idea is to assume that there is no "data inconsistency" in the DB
14:18 kidclamp I think maybe the API work on catching general exceptions would help?
14:18 kidclamp we want to avoid ISE
14:18 kidclamp I would prioritize that over minimal code
14:18 Joubu yes, but catching them all is impossible
14:19 Joubu I provided a script people must run before anything else. Those kind of inconsistencies only appear if you mess with your data
14:19 Joubu either on import, on doing something wrong in the admin area
14:19 kidclamp then I suppose on that bug we must address the fact the you can create items with no itemtype during acq
14:20 wizzyrea i've always thought there should be a default item type that the user can set at install time, that Koha will use if there isn't one
14:20 ashimema agreed
14:21 cait the worry i had was about catching the ones you want to change
14:21 wizzyrea they could still be null, just that Koha won't care about it anymore
14:21 cait ah
14:21 cait sorry, i think we discussed this before
14:21 wizzyrea cos it'll have a fallback
14:22 wizzyrea i write a lot of email about this issue, can you tell?
14:22 wizzyrea :D
14:22 ashimema ah.. so you're saying 'if null or bad itemtype, default to something'
14:22 wizzyrea yes
14:23 wizzyrea user picks what it is, but there's a fallback
14:23 ashimema as aposed to 'default to setting X if passed null or bad data'
14:23 Joubu The itype should be retrieved from biblio's itemtype
14:23 wizzyrea I don't think I have an opinion on which of those two implementations would be better
14:24 Joubu the "default" I mean
14:24 ashimema depends mainly on if you want to be able to see the original bad data the user input anywhere
14:24 ashimema or whether you just nuke any bad data that's inbound and replace it with 'good defalt'
14:25 ashimema the issue with doing the former it you would have to catch bad data in all sorts of places like the bug above
14:25 inlibro joined #koha
14:26 ashimema but I can see cait points of wanting to be able to see the bad data so you can go fix it properly rather than it getting nuked and becoming a default
14:26 Joubu bug 25449
14:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25449 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Make itemtype mandatory by default
14:27 wizzyrea on further thought I think I'm in cait's camp
14:27 cait I'd be ok with a fallback 'in code' too, i just wonder if that would actually be less work than trying to catch them all
14:27 cait hm maybe could be in effective_itemtype - then maybe not
14:27 wizzyrea well that's what I was thinking?
14:28 wizzyrea if you give nothing to effective, then use the default
14:28 cait yep, i was just against "assigning" a default in the item
14:28 cait changing the actual item data
14:28 cait because ithink they shoudl fix these
14:28 wizzyrea same
14:29 ashimema are we confident we're calling effective_itemtype everywhere correctly..
14:29 cait probably not...b ut we probably shoudl?
14:29 Joubu I am searching for the "remove item-level_itypes pref" bug report, but cannot find it. I was sure we had one. Isn't this problem hidding something more general we should deal with?
14:29 ashimema if so.. then fixing it inside that routine sounds optimal
14:30 cait Joubu: you could also not have an itemtype on record level... os not sure it woule help to kill it
14:30 * ashimema is confused as to why the customised effective_itemtype routine is inside dbic schema as aposed to in koha::object level
14:30 ashimema I feel you there Joubu.. feels like there might be something more behind this
14:31 ashimema as kidclamp said.. we should probably be dealing with the case at import time to prevent bad data in the first place..
14:31 ashimema if that's how bad data is getting in.
14:31 cait no
14:31 cait acq items
14:31 cait and default framework
14:31 ashimema we already fall back to biblio itemtype btw
14:31 cait is not mandatory
14:31 cait there is multiple ways
14:32 ashimema hang on
14:32 kidclamp if we say the data shouldn't be bad, we should not allow it :-) but thta won't be easy either
14:32 ashimema no we dont
14:32 ashimema the error being warned is non-sense
14:32 Joubu why?
14:32 cait sorry, I thnk i am ont following now
14:32 ashimema oh.. I mis-read
14:33 ashimema yes we do fallback
14:33 ashimema my brain is bad today
14:33 Joubu we fallback and warn, then we have the script to catch them.
14:33 Joubu fixing it everywhere a call to ->effective_itemtype is done seems wrong to me.
14:33 ashimema the 'effective_itemtype' routine looks at the pref and if the item level itype exists.. if it doesn it falls back and only warns if the pref is set too
14:34 Joubu but I am willing to work on a global fix if we agree on how it should work
14:34 ashimema now I'm lost too
14:35 kidclamp and I conceded that a global fix is better than fixing in every script
14:35 cait i think that's agreeable :)
14:35 cait i woudl be ok with: item level itype > record level itype > global default set in onboarding ?
14:35 Joubu your suggestion on bug 25449 makes sense to me
14:35 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25449 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Make itemtype mandatory by default
14:36 Joubu make it mandatory if the pref is set to "item level"
14:36 cait and also take measures to make it more mandatory (avoid mistakes in the first place)
14:36 ashimema ++
14:36 ashimema make it mandatory
14:36 Joubu wizzyrea, kidclamp?
14:37 kidclamp +1
14:37 Joubu to add to the discussion: https://lists.koha-community.o[…]ember/042114.html
14:37 wizzyrea yeah I'm ok with whatever you all decide there, I"ll be happy to not write emails about ISEs due to item types
14:38 Joubu [Koha-devel] Get rid of item-level_itype?
14:38 Joubu so we continue on bug 25449?
14:38 cait i think it won't help but is a separate issue
14:38 cait well help...but not for that problem
14:38 cait we need the itemtype on both levels
14:38 * kohaputti is afraid things are gonna break (although they probably were already)
14:39 cait we#d just remove the unlikely choice
14:39 kidclamp 25449 is good start, and come up with a global fix if the data sneaks by
14:39 Joubu ok, let's start with that. It's an easy fix.
14:39 Joubu #action Joubu add a fix for 25449
14:39 Joubu #action cait signoff on 25449
14:39 Joubu #action kidclamp QA 25449
14:40 Joubu and we are done
14:40 kidclamp :-D
14:40 ashimema ++
14:40 talljoy :)
14:40 kidclamp gotta run off
14:40 Joubu #info Package bugs for 20.05
14:40 Joubu tcohen: maybe?
14:40 tcohen hola
14:40 wahanui hey, tcohen
14:40 Joubu I added it to let people know that we fixed a bunch of criticals/blockers
14:41 cait we just found something new
14:41 Joubu it *should* work now
14:41 Joubu but it would be great to have a "alpha" version available somewhere, to test it
14:41 cait the (js translations etc.) don't work with packages, tested with 18.11 but i think files are the same. it loosk for it in the wrong path
14:41 Joubu should we ask mtj[m]?
14:42 ashimema good idea Joubu
14:42 cait yes and alpha would be good
14:42 ashimema I was indeed going to ask for a test run of the package build asap
14:42 cait and maybe someoen with a working pacakgein stallaton coudl help verify my new bug on a newer version
14:42 Joubu @later tel mtj could you provide us a "alpha" version of the Koha 20.05 package?
14:42 huginn Joubu: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
14:42 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
14:42 Joubu @later tell mtj could you provide us a "alpha" version of the Koha 20.05 package?
14:42 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:42 Joubu #action mtj provide a "alpha" version of the Koha 20.05 package
14:43 Joubu #topic Some tests are failing randomly (Bug 25551)
14:43 Topic for #koha is now Some tests are failing randomly (Bug 25551) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 20 May 2020)
14:43 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25551 normal, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , [OMNIBUS] Some tests are failing randomly
14:43 Joubu We "always" had them, so I grouped them under an umbrella bug report
14:43 Joubu there are several that should be fixed for 20.05 imo
14:44 Joubu and I am stuck with them, cannot fix. It would be great to get help
14:44 Joubu bug 24229
14:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24229 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, NEW , /items API tests fail on Ubuntu 18.04
14:44 Joubu bug 25513
14:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25513 normal, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , acquisitions_orders.t is failing randomly
14:45 Joubu bug 25514
14:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25514 normal, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , REST/Plugin/Objects.t is failing randomly
14:45 Joubu bug 25538 (this is a new one)
14:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25538 normal, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , www/search_utf8.t is failing randomly
14:45 Joubu bug 25540
14:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25540 normal, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , Biblio.t is failing randomly
14:45 Joubu there are few others, but those 5 need to be fixed. Or at least know why they are failing
14:46 ashimema thanks for grouping those Joubu
14:46 Joubu anyone volunteering?
14:47 ashimema I have been trying to get to them this week but would also appreciate more hands on them
14:47 kohaputti I'm having my eyes on them right now but no guarantees I will find the cause either
14:47 ashimema the items api one for example has exhausted my brain already
14:47 Joubu I have let ideas/tracks on some them
14:47 talljoy kidclamp and i looked as well at that one and couldn't make any headway this morning
14:48 Joubu there is something weird about it, it fails with a "Inactivity timeout" error
14:48 Joubu that I can recreate locally
14:49 Joubu also, I noticed that the GET route for items retrieve *all* the item
14:49 Joubu s
14:49 Joubu without pagination, and I am wondering if this is expected
14:49 Joubu the tests say it is, but it means that if you GET 6 times the route, then the server.... explode?
14:50 Joubu the CPU of my laptop almost burns and never end, had to hard reboot
14:50 kohaputti Joubu, the failure for bug 25540 says "# Looks like you planned 29 tests but ran 31." so something going on with that
14:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25540 normal, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , Biblio.t is failing randomly
14:50 ashimema yeah.. I did feel it should be paged by default
14:51 ashimema shall we drawer the meeting to a close and then work through these bugs as a group
14:51 Joubu kohaputti: because it stopped before all tests run
14:52 Joubu I am avaible if any of you want to work on them
14:52 Joubu alone I am stuck
14:52 kohaputti huh, it says "planned 29". And then it runs more than that
14:52 margaret joined #koha
14:53 Joubu kohaputti: ok, let's talk about it after the meeting.
14:53 kohaputti yes
14:53 Joubu #info  Review of coding guidelines
14:53 Joubu #topic  Review of coding guidelines
14:53 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 20 May 2020)
14:53 Joubu "FYI - Terminology addition (from 7 May 2020 documentation meeting): Spell & in full unless part of a proper noun or common abbreviation, for example: Notices and slips, not Notices & slips; Baker & Taylor. "
14:53 Joubu no idea what's that
14:53 khall_ joined #koha
14:54 oleonard_ When we're adding a label to something we should spell out "and" and avoid the use of "&"
14:54 ashimema sounds sensible enough to me..
14:54 cait docs team working towards more consistency - I like it
14:55 oleonard_ Unless it's the name of something like "Baker & Taylor"
14:55 cait also going to file a ton of bugs where I found inconsistencies when translating - beware!
14:55 cait but waiting for after release, can't fix them now anyway because of translations
14:55 davidnind thanks oleonard!
14:55 ashimema and 'Baker & Taylor.' is a noun as a whole so the & is OK there
14:55 Joubu #agreed Use "and" instead of "&" w
14:56 AndrewFH joined #koha
14:56 Joubu is the "agreed" enough?
14:57 ashimema should be :)
14:57 cait it's explained nicely on the wiki
14:58 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
14:58 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 20 May 2020)
14:58 Joubu #info Next meeting: 3 June 2020, 20 UTC
14:58 Joubu that?
14:58 wahanui it has been said that that is how it works now
14:58 ashimema works for me
14:58 ashimema oh fearless new RM
14:59 Joubu #endmeeting
14:59 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:59 huginn Meeting ended Wed May 20 14:59:09 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:59 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-05-20-14.00.html
14:59 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]0-05-20-14.00.txt
14:59 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]20-14.00.log.html
14:59 Joubu thanks
14:59 oleonard_ Joubu++
14:59 davidnind Joubu++
14:59 ashimema Joubu++
14:59 ashimema thanks for taking over Joubu
15:00 cait Joubu++
15:00 Joubu hum, feeling I am quite bad at chairing, so feel free to continue if you wish ashimema! :)
15:01 ashimema lol
15:01 ashimema I'm due a break from that mate ;)
15:01 ashimema Happy to help out as and when though in the future
15:01 cait me too if you need a break
15:01 ashimema it was really nice to see you'd stepped in just as I was remembering that I'd forgotten about the meeting
15:02 ashimema right..
15:02 ashimema I'm looking at bug 25513 now
15:02 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25513 normal, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , acquisitions_orders.t is failing randomly
15:02 Joubu you can ask google to mailbomb you when an event is coming... :D
15:03 ashimema it wouldn't reach me.. the amount of mail I've already got in my inbox was the reason I lost track of time in the first place ;)
15:03 Joubu kohaputti: about 25540 - do you get the error on master, or with the patches?
15:03 davidnind left #koha
15:04 Joubu kohaputti: ho right, got it now.
15:04 kohaputti Joubu, I'm checking the code on master now, have not run the test yet
15:04 Joubu kohaputti: the problem is that we are looping on something
15:04 kohaputti yes we are looping over two biblios and two patrons
15:04 Joubu and we get 7 instead of 6, so 1 more (times X) loop
15:05 Joubu kohaputti: with the patch applied you can run the test file in a bash loop, around 20-30 iterations will get it failed, with the diag statement I let
15:05 Joubu we retrieve 1 library that is NOT in the library list we created before
15:05 Joubu that's the issue, we are getting 1 library that is coming from.. somewhere else
15:06 cait ashimema: today has been quite a busy day here too
15:13 ashimema weird
15:13 reiveune bye
15:13 reiveune left #koha
15:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #149: STILL UNSTABLE in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/149/
15:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #150: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/150/
15:22 nsk what framework is used for the front end of koha?
15:25 kohaputti Joubu, do you happen to still have the branchcode around for the extra one?
15:25 kohaputti I don't have the devbox handy right now
15:25 inlibro joined #koha
15:30 ashimema bootstrap nsk
15:31 nsk thanks ashi
15:32 nsk i am able to see the files with the bootstrap code on github but once i install, i am unable to see it in any linux folder
15:40 lisettelatah joined #koha
15:41 ashimema ok.. baffled by bug 25513.. passes every time for me.. and frankly it looks like it's just getting data out of the database and turning it into json
15:42 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25513 normal, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , acquisitions_orders.t is failing randomly
15:51 khall joined #koha
15:53 cait left #koha
15:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #150: UNSTABLE in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/150/
15:57 lukeG joined #koha
15:59 DonnaB joined #koha
16:03 ashimema oleonard did anyone sponsor bug 24347 ?
16:03 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24347 new feature, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Add a 'search to order' function
16:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #150: STILL UNSTABLE in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/150/
16:18 kohaputti joined #koha
16:19 ashimema @later tell oleonard Was bug 24347 sponsored.. or would you perhaps like to have your ibrary listed as sponsors for it ?
16:19 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
16:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #151: UNSTABLE in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/151/
16:22 oleonard_ ashimema: Technically my library is "sponsoring" 95% of my work because I'm doing it on library time
16:24 oleonard_ However I've never felt it necessary to take the extra step of adding the sponsor info
16:25 inlibro joined #koha
16:35 bdonnahue2 joined #koha
16:40 ashimema I like to try and showcase how much of a community we are.. so I'm happy to add your library to at least one bug to get them mentioned overall.. they do allot by letting you do so much. 🙂
16:40 ashimema Credit where it's due and all that.
16:41 ashimema Thanks oleanard
16:42 kohaputti hmm, the koha-testing docker gives me: koha_1       | Can't locate Modern/   /kohadevbox/koha/Modern/ Permission denied at /kohadevbox/misc4dev/ line 16.
16:43 kohaputti I wonder if the issue is with the permission or can't locate modern perl
16:43 kohaputti anybody come across this?
16:44 ashimema Weird
16:44 ashimema Not seen that one
16:48 kohaputti I think I got the issue here... just have to now figure out a way to solve this
16:51 ashimema There's been a fair bit going on in k-t-d of late..
16:51 ashimema A simple pull and flush of the dockers might be the winner
16:51 kohaputti k-t-d?
16:51 kohaputti koha-testing-docker...
16:51 wahanui koha-testing-docker is even more awesome...
16:51 ashimema koha-testing-docker
16:51 wahanui rumour has it koha-testing-docker is[…]ha-testing-docker
16:53 kohaputti the permissions for my kohaclone are messed up, well running the k-t-d somehow messes it
16:53 kohaputti there is no info how the permissions should be
16:53 kohaputti probably some distro defaults, I will have to dig up how those are
16:59 kohaputti whee! Moving kohaclone to directory where other users can read it too worked
17:00 kidclamp kohaputti: if you touch the kohaclone from inside of testing docker you may change the files owner to root
17:00 kidclamp i just to 'sudo chown -R me:me ./' in kohaclone when I need to work outside of docker
17:01 kohaputti kidclamp, I think the issue was that the directories above kohaclone were in different group/user than what kohaclone was and those were also without read access for anybody else
17:02 kohaputti so I moved now the directory to a directory that everybode else can read but chowned it with "me"
17:03 kohaputti anyway.. now for reproducing the issue with the test Joubu brought up
17:04 tuxayo oleonard_: It totally makes sense to see your library as a huge sponsor of Koha. Since so many years and so much time constantly.
17:04 AndrewFH joined #koha
17:04 tuxayo Koha wouldn't look the same without you around making it nice ^o^
17:05 kohaputti kidclamp, my explanation was probably unclear, maybe this is simpler: kohaclone needs to be me:me, and directories above it need to be me:me OR readable by others group
17:06 oleonard_ Thanks tuxayo!
17:10 tuxayo oleonard_: BTW, how many librarians are there in ACPL? I have not idea of big of a network that is.
17:10 kidclamp ah, you weren't able to read from Koha in the docker, I misunderstood
17:10 kidclamp what I said is true though, just solves another problems
17:10 oleonard_ tuxayo: 7 branches, total staff about 50 people
17:12 kivilahtio joined #koha
17:13 kohaputti Joubu, hmm, run 50 times the Biblio.t without failure :/
17:13 AndrewFH joined #koha
17:13 lari joined #koha
17:14 kohaputti thinking if it could be some sort of caching
17:14 kohaputti but we probably don't do that with tests... or do we?
17:15 AndrewFH joined #koha
17:18 heatherh joined #koha
17:19 AndrewFH joined #koha
17:22 AndrewFH joined #koha
17:23 cait joined #koha
17:24 AndrewFH joined #koha
17:25 kohaputti for one these random things the error is "# Premature connection close"
17:26 inlibro joined #koha
17:26 kohaputti so could be maybe something to do with DB timeouts
17:27 AndrewFH joined #koha
17:29 AndrewFH joined #koha
17:30 kohaputti well, gotta keep debugging next week, see ya!
17:32 kivilahtio joined #koha
17:32 AndrewFH joined #koha
17:33 lari joined #koha
17:34 AndrewFH joined #koha
17:36 lari joined #koha
17:36 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
17:37 kivilahtio joined #koha
17:44 AndrewFH joined #koha
17:46 AndrewFH joined #koha
17:48 AndrewFH joined #koha
17:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #151: STILL UNSTABLE in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/151/
17:51 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:51 wahanui Congratulations!
17:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #152: FIXED in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/152/
18:01 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
18:10 did joined #koha
18:12 BobB joined #koha
18:24 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
18:24 wahanui Congratulations!
18:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #151: FIXED in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/151/
18:26 inlibro joined #koha
19:04 heatherh joined #koha
19:10 andreashm joined #koha
19:13 davidnind joined #koha
19:26 inlibro joined #koha
19:31 tuxayo Can someone confirm this? :
19:31 tuxayo https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eeded_parameters_.28PERL8.29
19:31 tuxayo > If you call a sub and don't use some arguments at the end of the sub, it's OK not to pass undef.
19:31 tuxayo Should be «it's not OK  to pass undef. »
19:32 tuxayo wait maybe it means that the 2nd syntax is okay.
19:33 tuxayo Canonical guideline:
19:33 tuxayo https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]of_function_calls
19:34 tuxayo I guess it also means that the 2nd is also accepted. Moving on.
20:26 inlibro joined #koha
20:44 hayley joined #koha
20:54 aleisha joined #koha
20:56 alexbuckley joined #koha
21:26 inlibro joined #koha
21:28 Joseph joined #koha
21:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #152: STILL UNSTABLE in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/152/
21:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #153: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/153/
21:32 Dyrcona joined #koha
21:35 cait joined #koha
21:37 bdonnahue2 joined #koha
21:38 bdonnahue3 joined #koha
22:04 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #152: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/152/
22:05 tosca joined #koha
22:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #153: STILL UNSTABLE in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/153/
22:27 inlibro joined #koha
22:32 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #154: SUCCESS in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/154/
22:40 khall joined #koha
22:44 cait joined #koha
22:56 AndrewFH joined #koha
23:16 hayley joined #koha
23:20 cait joined #koha
23:26 khall joined #koha
23:27 inlibro joined #koha
23:39 hayley joined #koha
23:44 Marie-Luce joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary