IRC log for #koha, 2020-04-09

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:15 tosca joined #koha
00:30 JBoyer joined #koha
00:31 inlibro joined #koha
01:05 matts joined #koha
01:31 inlibro joined #koha
01:51 sameee joined #koha
02:20 JBoyer joined #koha
02:31 inlibro joined #koha
03:32 inlibro joined #koha
03:48 kathryn joined #koha
04:08 hayley joined #koha
04:21 tosca_ joined #koha
04:25 khall joined #koha
04:32 inlibro joined #koha
05:04 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
05:25 kohaputti joined #koha
05:32 inlibro joined #koha
06:15 kohaputti joined #koha
06:16 aroussos joined #koha
06:26 did joined #koha
06:26 cait joined #koha
06:32 inlibro joined #koha
06:36 reiveune joined #koha
06:37 reiveune hello
07:04 inlibro joined #koha
07:04 alex_a joined #koha
07:04 alex_a Bonjour
07:04 wahanui kia ora, alex_a
07:29 davidnind joined #koha
07:32 inlibro joined #koha
07:33 ashimema[m] Morning #koha
07:56 inlibro joined #koha
08:10 cait joined #koha
08:11 cait1 joined #koha
08:14 inlibro_ joined #koha
08:23 holly joined #koha
08:26 cait joined #koha
08:32 inlibro joined #koha
08:35 cait joined #koha
08:37 inlibro joined #koha
08:39 nugged ashimema[m]:
08:40 nugged morning! :) (very late morning here, Oulu/FI :) )
08:43 inlibro_ joined #koha
08:57 inlibro joined #koha
09:00 Joubu @later tell amoyano do you remember the bug number you wanted to point me out yesterday? There is no patch from me on 25086 and 23924
09:00 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
09:05 Joubu @later tell amoyano forget that, morning... got it know, will have a look
09:05 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
09:16 alex_a_ joined #koha
09:24 inlibro joined #koha
09:31 inlibro joined #koha
09:33 inlibro joined #koha
09:33 alex_a joined #koha
09:38 inlibro_ joined #koha
09:41 vfernandes joined #koha
09:58 enkidu joined #koha
10:20 davidnind left #koha
10:20 cait joined #koha
10:21 khall joined #koha
10:33 inlibro joined #koha
10:46 Joubu khall: on bug 22778 you wrote a couple of times "suggestor", is that expected?
10:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22778 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Suggestions with no "suggester" can cause errors
10:46 Joubu Do you think suggester should be suggestor?
10:46 Joubu We had the discussion at the time you push the method, and it seems that "suggester" is the correct English word
10:46 Joubu s/you/we
10:47 khall Joubu you are right
10:48 khall old habits die hard :)
10:49 Joubu ok, will amend your patch
10:50 khall thanks Joubu!
10:52 inlibro joined #koha
10:56 Joubu ashimema[m]: current_timestamp - what do we do?
10:59 enkidu Hi all, anyone tried Virtualbox 6 version in kohadevbox? I tried it didn't work.
11:00 Joubu most of the devs moved to koha-testing-docker
11:00 Joubu koha-testing-docker?
11:00 wahanui koha-testing-docker is even more awesome...
11:01 Joubu koha-testing-docker is[…]ha-testing-docker
11:03 enkidu Thanks, I'll try.
11:12 Dyrcona joined #koha
11:33 inlibro joined #koha
11:39 cait joined #koha
11:40 cait1 joined #koha
11:51 andrew__ joined #koha
12:18 oleonard joined #koha
12:18 oleonard Hi #koha
12:29 khall_ joined #koha
12:33 enkidu joined #koha
12:33 inlibro joined #koha
12:44 khall joined #koha
12:44 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:57 khall joined #koha
13:12 tcohen enkidu I've just started  a kohadevbox just because
13:12 tcohen try to get the latest vagrant
13:12 tcohen not the one from the distro
13:12 tcohen that's usually to blame
13:12 tcohen (macOS here, though)
13:22 tuxayo[m] joined #koha
13:24 andrew__ joined #koha
13:24 ashimema[m] joined #koha
13:33 inlibro joined #koha
13:53 lukeG joined #koha
14:00 deb-CSPL joined #koha
14:06 enkidu tcohen I had also updated vagrant maybe error is relevant with this.
14:08 enkidu hey devs, I'd like to ask something about patron images. Instead of putting patron images into database we prefer to save them in the directory in some cases.
14:09 enkidu Hence, we'd like to write a patch to make possibility of saving patron images in a directory. What do you think about this?
14:09 Joubu What is the use case? Why would it be better?
14:10 enkidu In huge libraries storage in a database will cause some db issues, like backup/restore performance etc.
14:12 enkidu also it gives oppurtunity for different backup strategy, different for db abd patron images.
14:12 enkidu s/abd/and
14:14 enkidu There is also possibility to put images in different disk, this will lead disk I/O performance.
14:19 AndrewFH joined #koha
14:22 khall_ joined #koha
14:22 Joubu Maybe you should ask the ML if someone else has the need for that?
14:23 aaru_swartz[m] joined #koha
14:23 mtj[m] joined #koha
14:23 tuxayo joined #koha
14:23 iGNUjee[m] joined #koha
14:23 ValterBarreira[m] joined #koha
14:23 urra[m] joined #koha
14:23 SlackIntegration[m] joined #koha
14:23 killer_bee[m] joined #koha
14:23 black23[m] joined #koha
14:24 cait1 it makes sense to me to move them out of the db - but it woudl probably require other changes like making sure the backup script take the directory into account etc?
14:32 inlibro joined #koha
14:34 inlibro joined #koha
14:37 tcohen images should be put on the filesystem,. generally
14:38 tcohen it allows to handle them more efficiently file access vs. DB connection and data transfer tp the controller
14:38 tcohen and also incremental backups
14:39 inlibro joined #koha
14:39 tcohen I would support that
14:45 enkidu 2 supporters at least, I've also asked to mail list. I think we'll start to write this patch.
14:53 margaret joined #koha
14:53 cait1 I think the only argument against might be 'ease of backup/restore' - but i think we already have an opton in the koha-dump-thing for the other files we store outside, so that might be reusable
14:54 inlibro_ joined #koha
15:01 inlibro joined #koha
15:01 reiveune bye
15:01 reiveune left #koha
15:15 ashimema[m] Joubu around?
15:15 ashimema[m] just submitted a new patch for bug 25040
15:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25040 blocker, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , Problematic current_timestamp syntax generated by DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader
15:15 ashimema[m] subclassing seems to have done the trick
15:24 Joubu ashimema[m]: ok thanks, will try tomorrow
15:26 oleonard-away enkidu: How do you think you'll handle the two options? Keep both available? Make it a configuration or a preference?
15:34 cait1 left #koha
15:34 inlibro joined #koha
15:37 cait joined #koha
15:56 enkidu hi oleonard, we'll try to keep both, but I am not sure how to do yet :) maybe our dev team know.
16:03 did joined #koha
16:10 oleonard enkidu: Understandable. It would probably be good to share a proposal with the koha-devel list before starting any development.
16:18 khall joined #koha
16:26 lisettelatah joined #koha
16:34 inlibro joined #koha
16:34 georgew joined #koha
16:40 cait joined #koha
17:24 ashimema[m] meeting?
17:24 wahanui meeting is over :)
17:24 ashimema[m] Oh really.. did I miss it
17:34 inlibro joined #koha
18:04 georgew joined #koha
18:16 AndrewFH joined #koha
18:19 caroline ah crap did I miss the docs meeting?
18:20 georgew I thought the docs meeting started in about 40 minutes
18:21 caroline ah, it was at 1pm in my calendar and it is now pas 2... I'll doblee check
18:21 georgew https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_9_April_2020
18:21 georgew says that it's at 1900 UTC
18:21 caroline you're right!
18:21 caroline phew! thanks george!
18:27 cait oh good
18:28 cait it thought i had missed it too!
18:28 cait hm stange, it might be not quite right in the koha calendar
18:30 khall_ joined #koha
18:34 inlibro joined #koha
18:41 caroline must be my fault
18:57 cait @excuse
18:57 huginn cait: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
18:57 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
18:57 cait hm
18:58 donna joined #koha
18:59 caroline meeting for real?
19:00 cait yep
19:00 bibliobabe joined #koha
19:00 caroline #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 9 April 2020
19:00 huginn Meeting started Thu Apr  9 19:00:23 2020 UTC.  The chair is caroline. Information about MeetBot at
19:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 9 April 2020)
19:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_9_april_2020'
19:00 caroline #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_9_April_2020
19:00 caroline #topic Introductions
19:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 9 April 2020)
19:00 caroline Introductions (please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes
19:01 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
19:01 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inlibro
19:01 bibliobabe #info Donna Bachowski, ByWater
19:01 georgew #info George Williams, Northeast Kansas Library System
19:02 Marie-Luce joined #koha
19:02 jzairo joined #koha
19:03 caroline #topic Review of action points
19:03 Topic for #koha is now Review of action points (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 9 April 2020)
19:03 caroline ok so action points from last meeting were
19:04 caroline 1) add release notes to taiga (done up to yesterday!)
19:04 cait caroline++
19:04 caroline 2) ask devs to write release note text in their bugs (that was david)
19:04 caroline I've seen a lot of them in the release notes, so he must have passed on the message
19:05 caroline 3) create a demo manual with a new theme and a landing page
19:05 caroline (david also) I don't think he had time to do this
19:06 caroline #topic Project updates
19:06 Topic for #koha is now Project updates (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 9 April 2020)
19:06 caroline #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ists_and_projects
19:07 caroline personaly, other than adding release notes to taiga I haven't done anything docs project-related
19:07 caroline but, we did have a hackfest meeting so that was cool!
19:07 caroline anyone have the link?
19:08 bibliobabe
19:08 caroline thanks bibliobabe!
19:08 cait bibliobabe++ :)
19:09 Marie-Luce #info Marie-Luce Laflamme, inLibro Montréal
19:10 caroline anyone else have updates?
19:11 cait I noticed some "Manual" bugs in bugzilla in a recent bug review
19:11 cait they are in documentation and I also marked them with the Manual keyword
19:12 caroline #link https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]=run&sharer_id=13
19:13 caroline some of those seem easy enough, like bug 24036
19:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24036 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , UpdateNotForLoanStatusOnCheckin preference requires space after colon (specify in manual)
19:13 caroline maybe a beginner could try it out
19:13 cait some might also be resolved by now and just need checking
19:14 Marie-Luce like me?
19:14 caroline #action check documentation bugs on bugzilla to make sure they are still relevant
19:15 Marie-Luce I'm happy to do it
19:15 caroline ok! thx Marie-Luce!
19:15 caroline #action Marie-Luce will check documentation bugs on bugzilla to make sure they are still relevant
19:16 cait Marie-Luce++ :)
19:16 caroline anything else?
19:16 caroline #action add the youtube link to the editing the koha manual wiki page
19:17 caroline (just thought of this)
19:17 caroline #topic What's been done so far
19:17 Topic for #koha is now What's been done so far (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 9 April 2020)
19:17 caroline We've gotten a couple of commits from kellym and lucyvh
19:18 caroline thank you!
19:18 caroline kellym++ lucyvh++
19:18 cait kellym++ lucyvh++
19:19 bibliobabe kelly wasn't sure if they went through correctly - did she need to do anything differently?
19:19 kellym joined #koha
19:19 caroline I don't think so
19:20 kellym #Kelly McElligott ByWater Solutions
19:20 caroline there was the labeling thing, you have to put the label before the heading
19:20 caroline like .._thing-label:
19:20 caroline and then
19:20 caroline Thing Heading
19:20 kellym #info Kelly McElligott ByWater Solutions
19:21 andreashm joined #koha
19:21 caroline and to get the name of the label where you want to link, you have to go and open that chapter and look for the label
19:21 caroline usually it's juste the name of the heading with -label at the end
19:22 caroline does that make sense?
19:24 cait yep
19:24 caroline ok moving on then
19:24 caroline #topic Content development guidelines
19:24 Topic for #koha is now Content development guidelines (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 9 April 2020)
19:24 caroline I don't think anything's been done for the guidelines
19:25 caroline #topic Next steps
19:25 Topic for #koha is now Next steps (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 9 April 2020)
19:25 caroline 20.05 is coming out next month (!!!)
19:26 caroline so I'd really like if we could at least have the new features in the manual before the release
19:26 caroline #info priority on 20.05 new features
19:27 caroline I may have a bit of time in the next weeks to work on this since work is a bit slow right now with all the libraries closed
19:28 cait we still got work, but it's changed - it seems everyone is looking for new projects
19:28 caroline if anyone else wants to pitch in, there is the documentation to-do on bugzilla and the to-do on Taiga
19:28 cait I can try and help too the next few days, but a bit out of practice
19:28 caroline #link https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]=run&sharer_id=13
19:28 cait ok :)
19:29 caroline #link[…]cs-1805/epic/1117
19:29 caroline thx cait! :) I know you must be very busy with qa stuff with the release upon us
19:31 cait too dark to see :)
19:32 jzairo andrew just wrote 2 blog posts on Elastic Search, Configuration and Searching ,we can add that to the manual for Elastic
19:32 kellym we just pushed the bulk edit due dates out- so I can write that one up. If anyone has time to meet with me on uploading images, please reach out!  I have tried to follow the wiki and have failed ;(
19:32 caroline cool!
19:33 caroline kellym: I'll write you an email to meet for the images
19:33 kellym thank you caroline
19:33 caroline if I forget, write me an email! :)
19:33 kellym will do!
19:34 caroline #topic Set time of next meeting
19:34 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 9 April 2020)
19:34 inlibro joined #koha
19:35 caroline does may 7 look good?
19:35 caroline I'd like to keep it later in the day to have a chance to catch david, is that ok?
19:35 cait ok for me
19:36 caroline #info Next meeting: 7 May 2020, 19 UTC
19:36 caroline #endmeeting
19:36 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
19:36 huginn Meeting ended Thu Apr  9 19:36:38 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
19:36 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-04-09-19.00.html
19:36 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]0-04-09-19.00.txt
19:36 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]09-19.00.log.html
19:36 caroline thanks everyone!
19:36 bibliobabe be well!
19:37 cait caroline++thx!
19:37 Marie-Luce thanks Caroline
19:39 jzairo caroline++
19:43 enkidu joined #koha
19:43 kellym left #koha
20:35 inlibro joined #koha
20:35 talljoy joined #koha
20:43 andreashm joined #koha
20:45 jzairo left #koha
20:45 talljoy @later tell oleonard Got the postcard!!!  thanks - very cool!!
20:45 huginn talljoy: The operation succeeded.
21:22 lukeG1 joined #koha
21:24 kellym joined #koha
21:35 inlibro joined #koha
22:19 khall joined #koha
22:21 matts joined #koha
22:24 AnnaBoten joined #koha
22:35 inlibro joined #koha
23:10 andreashm joined #koha
23:35 inlibro joined #koha
23:50 AndrewFH joined #koha
23:58 khall joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary