IRC log for #koha, 2020-01-29

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:17 hayley joined #koha
00:34 inlibro joined #koha
00:35 wizzyrea joined #koha
00:45 hayleymapley_ joined #koha
01:02 hayley joined #koha
01:20 kathryn joined #koha
01:34 inlibro joined #koha
02:34 inlibro joined #koha
03:34 inlibro joined #koha
04:35 inlibro joined #koha
05:35 inlibro joined #koha
06:00 chriss joined #koha
06:35 inlibro joined #koha
06:48 chriss joined #koha
06:48 nlegrand joined #koha
06:48 magnuse joined #koha
06:55 chriss joined #koha
06:55 nlegrand joined #koha
06:55 magnuse joined #koha
07:01 nlegrand_ joined #koha
07:09 cait joined #koha
07:13 davidnind joined #koha
07:24 chriss2 joined #koha
07:26 ashimema Morning #koha
07:35 inlibro joined #koha
07:38 sophie_m joined #koha
07:43 ashimema @later tell mtj sorry dude, looks like the most recent packaging changes have had unexpected consequences.. we dont seem to be pulling in all our dependancies in koha-testing-docker anymore
07:43 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
07:43 did joined #koha
07:46 reiveune joined #koha
07:47 reiveune hello
07:47 magnuse joined #koha
07:58 kohaputti joined #koha
07:59 sophie_m joined #koha
08:01 alex_a joined #koha
08:01 alex_a Bonjour
08:02 did joined #koha
08:18 kohaputti Joubu, line 439:[…]73695b1d9_440_439
08:18 kohaputti Joubu, s/reservecount ne ''/allowedreserves ne ''/ ?
08:19 greenjimll joined #koha
08:19 Joubu let me check that
08:20 Joubu it is $allowedreserves, indeed
08:21 Joubu kohaputti: commit amended
08:22 kohaputti Joubu, did you check whether now adds the rule with value ''?
08:25 Joubu I created a rule and all the empty values were ""
08:25 Joubu so yes
08:27 theodoros joined #koha
08:31 fridolin joined #koha
08:31 andreashm joined #koha
08:32 fridolin hihi
08:35 inlibro joined #koha
08:44 andreashm joined #koha
08:45 chriss joined #koha
08:47 cait joined #koha
09:04 fridolin1 joined #koha
09:12 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20847: Add more fields to the Batch Patron Modification tool <[…]38fdf56b94ba15d52>
09:12 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 13121: Move search results "action" links ("Place hold," "Add tag," etc) into... <[…]081eafa6a96cfdce9>
09:12 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23947: Phase out jquery.cookie.js: Authority merge <[…]154b82d42051b9c4a>
09:12 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23944: (follow-up) Update circulation to use new library <[…]83fe605cd27cd40ac>
09:12 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23944: Phase out use of jquery.cookie.js in favor of js.cookie.js <[…]84693b5058ca5fdbd>
09:12 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23885: Move staff client search results JavaScript into separate file <[…]65d0b4f9a1fd70ad9>
09:12 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23856: Split author and ISBN/ISSN out of citation in staged MARC record management <[…]dba9ad44d00c53083>
09:28 fridolin joined #koha
09:29 andreashm joined #koha
09:35 inlibro joined #koha
09:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #645: STILL UNSTABLE in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/645/
09:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #95: STILL UNSTABLE in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]D9_MDB_Latest/95/
09:54 JesseM_ joined #koha
10:01 fridolin joined #koha
10:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #116: STILL UNSTABLE in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/116/
10:20 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24305: (follow-up) Remove previous declaration of batch_biblionumbers <[…]25876fcff752a5737>
10:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #91: STILL FAILING in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D10/91/
10:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #92: ABORTED in 1 min 38 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D10/92/
10:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #578: STILL UNSTABLE in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/578/
10:36 inlibro joined #koha
10:39 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1108: STILL UNSTABLE in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1108/
10:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D10 build #2: FAILURE in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_19.11_D10/2/
10:50 xoan joined #koha
11:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D10 build #3: ABORTED in 2 min 20 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_19.11_D10/3/
11:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D10 build #4: STILL FAILING in 36 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_19.11_D10/4/
11:11 reiveune left #koha
11:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #646: STILL UNSTABLE in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/646/
11:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #117: STILL UNSTABLE in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/117/
11:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D10 build #5: STILL FAILING in 33 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_19.11_D10/5/
11:27 xoan joined #koha
11:27 reiveune joined #koha
11:30 davidnind left #koha
11:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D10 build #6: STILL FAILING in 8 min 54 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_19.11_D10/6/
11:34 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23493: (follow-up) Disable rowGroup on due date sort <[…]00c2966a93e10628a>
11:34 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23493: (follow-up) Switch to aDataSort for multi-column sorting <[…]4986f3baaee72b4ad>
11:34 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23493: Replace rowGrouping with rowGroup <[…]e90701493fdbc71b6>
11:36 inlibro joined #koha
11:42 mtj hi ashimema, sorry about the error... i fiddled with the dev repos and broken the build
11:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1109: FAILURE in 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1109/
11:42 ashimema no worries
11:42 mtj ... i'll leave those repos as-is, for now
11:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #579: FAILURE in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/579/
11:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #96: FAILURE in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]D9_MDB_Latest/96/
11:42 ashimema I just wasn't sure how to fix it
11:42 cait @dnind
11:42 huginn cait: downloading the Perl source
11:42 cait @seen davidn
11:42 huginn cait: I have not seen davidn.
11:43 cait @seen dnind
11:43 huginn cait: I have not seen dnind.
11:43 cait hm i need to give him karma!
11:43 ashimema lol
11:43 mtj hi cait, nick is davidnind, i think :)
11:45 mtj ashimema: i havent anticipated a buster error would break the whole pipeline
11:45 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #647: FAILURE in 32 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/647/
11:45 fridolin left #koha
11:46 cait @seen davidnind
11:46 huginn cait: davidnind was last seen in #koha 1 day, 17 hours, 53 minutes, and 47 seconds ago: <davidnind> You're welcome - didn't quite get it down to under 10 needing sign-off :)
11:46 cait and you are so right :)
11:46 cait davidnind++ mtj++ ashimema++
11:46 ashimema ?
11:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1110: STILL FAILING in 1 min 10 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1110/
11:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #118: FAILURE in 31 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/118/
11:48 khall joined #koha
11:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #580: STILL FAILING in 1 min 30 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/580/
11:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #97: STILL FAILING in 31 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]D9_MDB_Latest/97/
11:51 koha-jenkins joined #koha
11:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #648: STILL FAILING in 4 min 19 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/648/
11:59 tcohen morning
12:00 ashimema mornin' tcohen
12:02 tcohen hi ashimema
12:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #581: STILL FAILING in 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/581/
12:04 khall joined #koha
12:07 andreashm joined #koha
12:16 tcohen @seen Joubu
12:16 huginn tcohen: Joubu was last seen in #koha 3 hours, 51 minutes, and 29 seconds ago: <Joubu> so yes
12:17 Joubu tcohen: que tal?
12:18 tcohen I'm done with the _count patch
12:18 tcohen submitting in a minute
12:23 ere ashimema: I added my proposal to bug 22522. As far as I can see we can support a wide range of Mojolicious::Plugin::OpenAPI versions with quite minor changes, but if I were to make the call I'd up the version requirement to at least 1.x where x is at least 28.
12:23 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22522 is not accessible.
12:24 ashimema thanks for investigating ere
12:24 ashimema :)
12:27 oleonard joined #koha
12:28 vfernandes the link "Limit to currently available items" limits the search to the items where onloan is false... shouldn't list the items where onloan and notforloan are false?
12:28 vfernandes the link appears on search results facets
12:28 ere ashimema: my pleasure really, since I've stumbled on this now at least twice and forgotten the solution in between :D
12:31 kohaputti ashimema, it feels like every other db_dependent test fails for me. Something wrong in my environment or is this the status of current master?
12:31 kohaputti using ubuntu 18.04 / devbox
12:32 ashimema jenkins isn't happy at the moment.. i believe mtj is working on that
12:32 ashimema as for testing locally.. I'm not seeing that.. but I am seeing the odd random failure
12:33 kohaputti ashimema, do you run "prove t/db_dependent" ?
12:33 ashimema indeed
12:33 oleonard Hi all
12:34 ashimema when was the last time you reset_all?
12:34 ashimema running inside koha-testing-docker on on your own environment
12:34 kohaputti ashimema, I'm actually running the tests still with the circ rule patches, but I don't think they can cause such a mess
12:34 kohaputti I will now try vanilla master
12:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #120: NOW UNSTABLE in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/120/
12:36 inlibro joined #koha
12:36 kohaputti well, during the past few days there has been bunch of fixes for the tests soo the Joubu's branch was rebased just before those
12:37 kohaputti Joubu, maybe do another rebase?
12:37 andreashm joined #koha
12:40 khall joined #koha
12:41 mtj hi tcohen, i added an extra docker4 node to jenkins.. i wonder if its caused jenkins master-node to run out of memory?
12:42 tcohen not sure?
12:42 * tcohen has been abducted by code this morning
12:44 ashimema i'm running a `prove -vv -r t/db_ependant/` now just to double check kohaputti
12:44 ashimema so far it's passing.. but obviously take a while to run
12:44 kohaputti ashimema, I had changed quite a lot circ rules and sysprefs in my run so that could make a difference
12:45 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1111: NOW UNSTABLE in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1111/
12:45 kohaputti but it should not make a difference, if it does the test should be fixed IMO
12:45 tcohen that means some test expects somethings from the data on the DB
12:52 ashimema yup
12:53 ashimema the db_dependant tests really do rely heavily upon the default test dataset ;)
12:53 ashimema yes.. we should fix that.. but it's been in the long list of things to do since I first started working on koha nearly a decade ago.. ;)
12:54 ashimema we get round it by using koha-testing-docker and reset_all and friends
12:54 ashimema misc4dev is the key peice.. it's what populates the database with a test database
12:55 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #98: ABORTED in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]D9_MDB_Latest/98/
12:57 khall joined #koha
12:57 kohaputti ashimema, do you see the endless amount of warnings during tests?
12:58 ashimema i see occasional warning.. not an enless list
12:58 kohaputti ok, maybe for me occasional = endless :D
13:00 ashimema https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Build/consoleText
13:01 kohaputti yup, that's what I see also
13:01 kohaputti soo I think my issues with the tests were either that the circ rule refactoring breaks everything or my changes to circ rules and sysprefs break everything
13:01 ashimema so there are warnings certainly.. and we should get round to fixing them all..
13:01 ashimema but I don't believe any of them are critical ones as such
13:02 ashimema Joubu and marcelr have fixed a fair few already that I've spotted
13:03 ashimema the ones in C4::Reserves are pretty noisy we should fix those
13:07 paul_p joined #koha
13:08 fridolin joined #koha
13:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #649: NOW UNSTABLE in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/649/
13:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #582: STILL FAILING in 5 min 48 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/582/
13:14 magnuse weird, i have a oai-pmh set mapping with three "rules", all based on a value in the same marc field and subfield (347$b). the first two take effect, but the last one seems to be ignored. tried adding a fourth rule, but it's not just a case of "the last rule being ignored"
13:18 mtj hmm, jenkins seems to be happy again.. no random java OOM errors now
13:20 magnuse jenkins++
13:23 mtj ere, many thanks for your mojo fixes... they look promising :0)
13:23 ere mtj: thanks
13:27 marcelr joined #koha
13:27 ashimema kohaputti bug 24529 :)
13:27 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24529 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , Uninitialised value warnings in C4::Reserves
13:27 marcelr o/
13:28 marcelr ashimema: i copied on a report that is about one line of code and was waiting for 3 months (frustration management here)
13:28 marcelr copied you
13:28 ashimema bug?
13:28 wahanui bug is, like, that perl code is not activ since its not in PER5LIB
13:28 marcelr 23896
13:28 ashimema my inbox is pretty perminently full at the minute ;)
13:29 marcelr and i spammed the list for another one
13:29 marcelr dont like waiting for more than 3 months on reports generally
13:29 marcelr it takes just too long
13:32 Joubu marcelr: I was not aware of 23896, also no occurrence in my inbox
13:33 marcelr No i copied ashimema
13:33 marcelr on the bug report
13:34 marcelr didnt want to distract you from solving all the other bugs :)
13:35 marcelr but this one is a nice example how we can scare anyone away from submitting a patch in the first place
13:36 marcelr Joubu: lol that was fast
13:36 inlibro joined #koha
13:36 marcelr did you see comment4 on the report btw? it justifies the absence of a test
13:37 marcelr i considered it as out of balance
13:37 ashimema I saw it and was going to let it through without a test..
13:37 ashimema thoughts Joubu.. ?
13:38 marcelr ^^
13:39 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #99: NOW UNSTABLE in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]D9_MDB_Latest/99/
13:44 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:47 Joubu ashimema: will have a loo
13:47 Joubu k
13:47 ashimema ta
13:49 Joubu I thought Log.t was doing it already, but it does not
13:55 ashimema indeed
13:55 khall joined #koha
13:56 tcohen hi marcelr!
13:56 marcelr hi tcohen
13:57 thd joined #koha
13:57 davidnind joined #koha
14:00 ashimema ooh.. nearly meeting time..
14:00 ashimema I forgots again
14:00 ashimema #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 29 January 2020
14:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Jan 29 14:00:50 2020 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at
14:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 January 2020)
14:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_29_january_2020'
14:00 ashimema #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_29_January_2020 Agenda
14:01 ashimema #topic Introductions
14:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 January 2020)
14:01 ashimema #info please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes
14:01 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
14:01 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy Rijksmuseum
14:01 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
14:02 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:02 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:02 Joubu qa_team?
14:02 wahanui i guess qa_team is cait Joubu marcelr kohaputti josef_moravec tcohen kidclamp khall
14:02 Joubu rmaints?
14:02 wahanui i guess rmaints is talljoy, lucas, hayley
14:02 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
14:02 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:02 kohaputti #info Joonas Kylmälä
14:03 cait oh
14:03 cait sorry
14:03 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:04 ashimema Moving along..
14:04 ashimema #topic Announcements
14:04 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 January 2020)
14:05 ashimema We need to reschedule the GBSD day as I ran out of time to organise it :(
14:06 cait don't beat yourself up, let's set a new date
14:06 ashimema any volunteers to throw a wiki page together and send out a mail to organise one?
14:06 cait marseille is coming up end of march, some time before that would be nice
14:06 ashimema how much warning do people actually need.. 1 week, 2 weeks enough?
14:07 ashimema thinking next thurs/fri or the following week if we want to give more notice
14:07 cait 2 weeks might be enough
14:07 kohaputti 2 weeks to maximise amount of participants
14:07 cait clear your schedule at work :)
14:08 fridolin good morning all
14:08 ashimema how about 13/14th Feb then?
14:08 fridolin just to say that I will be less on Koha for 3 month
14:08 fridolin good luck to you, long live the community
14:08 * fridolin is flying next week to Madagascar
14:08 kohaputti 14th sounds nice
14:09 fridolin see you on WattsApp
14:09 oleonard Send lots of photos fridolin!
14:09 ashimema +1
14:09 Joubu Enjoy fridolin :)
14:09 Joubu 13/14 ok for me as well
14:10 fridolin I will ;) and he will learn Perl programming with math and french ;)
14:10 cait fridolin: save travels and all the best
14:10 ashimema ok.. lets organise GBSD for the 14th
14:10 ashimema #info GBSD rescheduled for the 14th February
14:11 ashimema #info Fridolin will be taking a break from Koha for a few months. He wishes us all the best and will be back :)
14:11 ashimema #topic Update from the RM
14:11 Topic for #koha is now Update from the RM (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 January 2020)
14:12 xoan joined #koha
14:12 ashimema #info The master branch is moving along nicely at the moment with lots having been pushed over the past couple of weeks.  Thanks go out the QA team who are diligently working through bugs.
14:13 ashimema #info I am paying close attention to some of the refactoring bugs that are currently making their way through SO/QA and I look forward to pushing them soon.
14:13 ashimema #topic Updates from the RMaints
14:13 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the RMaints (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 January 2020)
14:13 ashimema rmaints?
14:13 wahanui it has been said that rmaints is talljoy, lucas, hayley
14:13 ashimema do we have any here today?
14:15 kidclamp i think early for most of them :-)
14:15 ashimema fair enough..
14:16 ashimema #info 19.11.02, 19.05.07 and 18.11.13 were all released since the last meeting
14:17 ashimema #topic Updates from the QA team
14:17 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 January 2020)
14:17 ashimema cait
14:17 cait not much more to say than ashimema did already
14:18 cait #info Queues are super full - please all balance your patch writing with sign-offs and QA a bit more!
14:18 cait we are almost touching 100 in Needs QA atm
14:18 cait and the hackfest is coming closer...
14:19 kohaputti cait, on the good side most of those 100 are features and not bugs
14:19 ashimema indeed
14:19 Joubu [or write bugfixes]
14:19 cait #info Stilll over 100 major and critical  - we need people working on those, retesting, confirming, fixing etc.
14:19 marcelr this number is not saying that much
14:19 marcelr includes failed qa etc
14:19 ashimema though there are 5 majors in the queue.. I'm sure we should be able to knock them off
14:20 cait yep, but maybe failed qa needs work too? :)
14:20 cait not only adressing the QA team here, i should say
14:20 marcelr in that list they make me ignore the number
14:20 cait testing/confirming can be done by anyone especially
14:20 ashimema indeed
14:20 kohaputti could we recruit more qa?
14:21 cait kohaputti: always keen to
14:21 cait i think adding someone would not require much... finding the volunteers is the hard bit :)
14:21 Joubu we are more lacking testers than QA I'd say
14:21 marcelr kohaputti: thats not always the answer
14:21 cait we need both i'd say
14:21 marcelr you need good people
14:22 cait i am just highlighting a development here - the numbers are much higher which usually indicates longer waiting times too
14:22 cait we had QA around 30 pretty constantly a while ago - but in general bug activity is quite high right now (which is good :) )
14:23 cait anyway, I think i shoudl stop here :)
14:23 marcelr 30 is pretty low btw
14:23 cait yeah, that was a good number, harder to get lower
14:24 ashimema It would be nice to add one or two more to the team for next cycle.. so keep a look out for people who you think may be capable and willing..
14:24 ashimema qa team tends to be 'by invite', though if someone wants to volunteer out of the blue it all goes to a vote anyways so we can assess
14:25 cait it's not formally by invite... it just happeens people seem to need a bit of a push
14:25 ashimema we have a few great people doing signoff lots at the moment.. David Nind, and Andrew Fuerste-Henry have been storming ahead on that front..
14:25 ashimema indeed
14:25 cait yeah davidnind++ again :)
14:25 cait andrew too, but not here i think
14:26 ashimema but existing members of the team shouldn't be backwards in coming forwards if you feel there's someone out there who would be a good addition
14:26 ashimema gamification.. remember the leader boards
14:26 marcelr if you remove active signoffers, you have a problem at the other queue
14:26 cait it's true
14:26 ashimema very true
14:26 cait but qa can still signoff
14:26 * oleonard agrees that signoffs have been more needed than QA lately
14:27 cait so we can balance that
14:27 ashimema ok.. moving on
14:27 ashimema #topic General development discussion
14:27 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 January 2020)
14:27 ashimema We didn't get through all the votes last meeting
14:28 cait it was a lot at once... and acq
14:28 ashimema #topic RFC /subscriptions endpoint
14:28 Topic for #koha is now RFC /subscriptions endpoint (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 January 2020)
14:29 ashimema #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ions_endpoint_RFC /subscriptions
14:29 marcelr noting that it wasnt on the agenda?
14:30 ashimema #info There are stll allot of blanks in the mappings table, so rather than vote this week I suggest we all try to find time to take a look at it before the next meeting and help fill in those fields.
14:30 fridolin left #koha
14:30 ashimema I cloned them accross from last meetings agenda just as the meeting started marcelr
14:31 thd unfinished business from the previous meeting
14:31 ashimema #topic RFC /suggestions endpoint
14:31 Topic for #koha is now RFC /suggestions endpoint (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 January 2020)
14:32 ashimema er..
14:32 ashimema whats the difference between suggestion_date and date_created?
14:35 ashimema all very quiet
14:35 marcelr suggestion_date is rather vague
14:35 marcelr especially if it gets updated or so
14:35 kohaputti date contains timestamp
14:36 kohaputti it is the last time the suggestion row was updated
14:36 Joubu 3041   `date` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,  -- date and time the suggestion was updated
14:36 kohaputti so date_created is a really bad name
14:36 Joubu 3028   `suggesteddate` date NOT NULL, -- date the suggestion was submitted
14:36 inlibro joined #koha
14:36 kohaputti date_updated would be better
14:36 ashimema so it's not 'date_created' at all
14:36 Joubu date => updated_on
14:37 ashimema agreed
14:37 thd date_created as opposed to creation_date is inconsistent with other dates as something_date .  We should either have date_something or something_date if it is easy enough to be consistent.
14:38 kohaputti Joubu, updated_on is used elsewhere?
14:38 kohaputti just checked
14:38 kohaputti it is used on other endpoints, so let's use updated_on here also
14:38 marcelr created_on and updated_on are used
14:39 Joubu it was not a suggestion, just saying what it does
14:39 ashimema we discussed the date vs date last meeting.. I think we came to the conclusion we should try to be consistently *_date
14:39 Joubu in the rest api we use *_date
14:39 did joined #koha
14:39 cait sorry had to step out for a sec
14:39 thd Yes.
14:39 marcelr updated_date is not so nice btw
14:40 cait ashimema: not against people checking - but I tried my best to fill blanks
14:40 kohaputti we have the patrons endpoint using updated_on
14:40 thd update_date may be nicer for that case.
14:40 Joubu it should be 'timestamp' I think
14:40 kohaputti Joubu, timestamp of what
14:40 kohaputti Joubu, not clear for me
14:40 cait for suggestions (sorry, slow reading back)
14:40 ashimema we have `updated_by` and `updated_on` in a few places elsewhere in the API.. so that seems sane enough to me
14:40 Joubu item already has "timestamp"
14:41 cait but it's not hte same is it?
14:41 cait date created and updated?
14:42 kohaputti cait, it is not the same
14:42 ashimema ack.. we do indeed also have 'timestamp' in a bunch of places
14:42 Joubu 883   `timestamp` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, -- date and time this item was last altered
14:42 Joubu it's exactly the same
14:42 thd The fact that it has been previously done in some way does not mean that we should be stuck with what we did previously.  We may want to revisit previous usage for consistency on a reasonable principle.
14:42 ashimema I don't like 'timestamp' on it's own as it's not clear whether it's an initial create or an update that's being recorded
14:43 cait if it#s both
14:43 cait timestamp seems not so bad
14:43 marcelr does _date also mean datetime ?
14:43 cait we have places where update/create are 2 things
14:43 marcelr or do we differentiate that?
14:44 cait good question
14:44 cait i think we have not been cehcking all the others so far
14:44 * ashimema thinks we should really always store timestamp and then reduce to date only if/when we want to..
14:45 ashimema we really need to add some guidlines for these rather than voting on them per endpoint
14:45 cait there was some discussion ont hat last time
14:46 cait date_ vs. _date
14:46 marcelr or trust one dedicated and consitent person to do that for us ;)
14:46 marcelr consistent
14:46 cait and also using _id - when we actually store an id
14:46 ashimema and we sebtled on *_date I believe.. but didn't record it
14:46 Joubu I think we should have the whole thing/view and vote in one go
14:47 cait i think the only place where we need a decision is date date_created creaton_date updated_on
14:47 cait then we coudl say the last column counts
14:47 thd Even if we have only a date and not a time for some source a hypothetical time might be attached as 12.00.00 .
14:47 cait thd: i don't think we do or should do that
14:47 marcelr i think we should store datetimes
14:48 cait +1
14:48 marcelr and show date in presentation perhaps
14:48 cait reducing is easy, but we shoudl stay 'true'
14:48 ashimema yup
14:48 ashimema that's what I suggested
14:49 cait but back to this one
14:49 cait we have verified that it's not creation only
14:49 cait so the first 2 are out
14:49 cait and we have established that we like using _date if it's a date.. but it's a datetime
14:49 thd If we do not always have dates as date times then we should distinguish between them.
14:50 marcelr what about created_date and modified_date ?
14:50 marcelr to prevent updated_date
14:50 cait heh
14:50 cait what did we do on items?
14:51 ashimema `ed` on `ion`
14:51 cait hm items has timestamp
14:51 ashimema creation_date, modification_date
14:51 marcelr sounds nicer
14:51 cait looks like bilbio doesn't have anything
14:51 marcelr no it should
14:52 cait holds has timestamp too
14:52 cait i think stay consistent for now
14:52 cait timestamp
14:52 marcelr biblio has a timestamp yes
14:52 ashimema there are updated_on littered around too cait
14:52 ashimema there is no 'stay consistent' yet because we are inconsistent
14:53 ashimema hense me feeling we need to write a guideline properly first..
14:53 cait yes
14:53 cait but sometimes that's just updated_on
14:53 ashimema then work on making them all consisntent
14:53 cait like borrowers
14:53 cait they have both
14:53 thd ashimema++ #guidelines
14:54 cait my feeling is we shoudl not hold this up forever for one small decision
14:54 cait we can still fix that
14:54 cait have tomas continue... and then go in and fix according to guidelines at hackfest
14:54 fridolin joined #koha
14:54 marcelr guidelines first, fixes later on
14:54 marcelr tomas can proceed
14:54 cait 1.5+ months is a lot in a cycle
14:54 cait and those have been held up already
14:55 ashimema right.. I think so we don't run out of time we should schedule a guideline for next meeting and not vote this week
14:55 kohaputti cait, but we cannot fix this without breaking backwards compatibility?
14:55 cait changing timestamp to something else in oen cylce is not hard
14:55 thd Certainly we do not come to understand what guidelines should be without struggling with the questions in a real world context.
14:55 cait i am saying fix according to guielines within this cycle
14:55 cait and maybe not backport before we have done that
14:55 ashimema well likewise.. but I don't feel it is being held up.. code is being written and we have time still in the cycle to correct the terms as per a guidline once the guidline it done
14:55 cait exactly
14:55 tcohen code is being written, that's correct
14:56 tcohen the sooner we sort things the better, but we passed the mappings on the development, we will remap if required
14:56 cait i am not sure if discussiong things biweekly here is so helpful too - because people don't do homework on this
14:57 cait the rfc are open for commenting
14:57 ashimema indeed
14:57 cait we have had no additional comments added in the last 2 weeks
14:57 tcohen maybe
14:57 cait i feel it's unfiar to hold things up now
14:57 ashimema lets move on
14:57 tcohen we could have things moving on, and have a period of time in which people can counter propose
14:57 tcohen during the cycle
14:58 cait vote to vote?
14:59 marcelr communicate important decisions or guidelines on the dev list ?
14:59 Joubu wording will not block development anyway, it's a matter of 5min to adjust the patches to a new word
14:59 cait Joubu: yeah, but stuff doesn't get pushed before vote
14:59 ashimema indeed, that's my point
14:59 marcelr Joubu we can rename 12 times an hour
14:59 Joubu stuff is not developped :)
15:00 Joubu marcelr: I am sure we can do more, it's 5 for the first one, but then we will automate that
15:00 thd I do not see much lack of homework but it may be difficult to elicit proper engaged interactive discussion of nomenclature in this context outside of something as real time as an IRC meeting.
15:01 marcelr i agree that doing this on a meeting is not very productive
15:01 tcohen lets skip this, and we will think of a better workflow for this guidelines
15:02 * oleonard leaves for another meeting, test 22880!
15:02 tcohen I will think about it
15:02 tcohen development is not held by this, the only problem is if things didn't get pushed/integrated because of this
15:02 davidnind joined #koha
15:02 tcohen but such is not the case
15:03 tcohen so, lets move on and I will propose something in the lines of what marcelr said about announcing things on the lise
15:03 tcohen list
15:03 ashimema #info votes are not holding up development and as such will be postponed untill we have written clear guidlines for the contentious field names (date vs date and timestamp vs date consistency)
15:03 Joubu we also need to be consistent, that's certainly the most important bit
15:03 ashimema #topic Moving on with Bug 22407
15:03 Topic for #koha is now Moving on with Bug 22407 (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 January 2020)
15:03 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22407 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , OMNIBUS: Use DBIC relations to fetch related object rather than searching for the object
15:04 andreashm joined #koha
15:04 ashimema was this tcohen or Joubu that raised it?
15:04 Joubu was not you?
15:04 tcohen it was all of us
15:04 marcelr my agenda didnt contain this point too?
15:04 Joubu marcelr: refresh
15:04 marcelr i would suggest to copy stuff from the previous meeting directly after that one
15:05 marcelr and not just before starting
15:06 Joubu ashimema: is there a "replace them all" plan, or it only applies for the new ones?
15:06 Joubu ie. are all the related an exhaustive list?
15:06 ashimema I think that's the question.. I feel like we should plan to replace them all
15:06 marcelr i would agree with the principle but it might be a major refactor ?
15:07 Joubu it's not
15:07 marcelr ok
15:07 Joubu should be quite easy
15:07 marcelr even better
15:07 marcelr at least dont allow new ones to come up again
15:07 marcelr qa tools?
15:08 Joubu I do not think it will be possible to write such rule
15:08 marcelr hoped you could
15:08 ashimema indeed.. I tried to work out if it was possible but failed
15:09 marcelr yeah it does not sound easy
15:09 Joubu but easy to eyeball :)
15:09 ashimema OK, I'm happy to work with someone on a bug to catch outstanding cases..
15:09 ashimema I do tend to catch them in new code as QA or Push time
15:09 Joubu I will too
15:09 marcelr add a guideline too
15:10 ashimema the guideline already exists I believe
15:10 ashimema PERL15
15:11 marcelr it is a bit hidden in the examples
15:11 ashimema feel free to reword it.. I think we voted on it months ago and didn't come up with better
15:12 Joubu moving on then?
15:12 ashimema yeah.
15:12 marcelr ok i will spend 5 mins on rewording ;)
15:13 ashimema #info We will clarify the wording of PERL15 (perhaps even splitting it out into it's own guidline) for Koha::Object relationships
15:13 ashimema #topic Review of coding guidelines
15:13 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 January 2020)
15:13 ashimema #topic PERL27: Return values consistency. If a method returns a list, and there are no items, it should return [] (empty list). If it is a scalar, undef.
15:13 Topic for #koha is now PERL27: Return values consistency. If a method returns a list, and there are no items, it should return [] (empty list). If it is a scalar, undef. (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 January 2020)
15:14 marcelr do we mean to write return undef; ?
15:14 marcelr this is not recommended
15:14 ashimema remind me where this came from
15:15 marcelr ProhibitExplicitReturnUndef in best practices
15:15 marcelr and obivously [] is not empty list but ()
15:15 marcelr but a return; in list context does the same ?
15:16 * ashimema reaches for the book
15:16 Joubu where does come from PERL27? what was the context?
15:16 marcelr who submitted it?
15:16 ashimema indeed.. that's what I want to know
15:16 ashimema where's the context..
15:16 ashimema in my opinion it should reply in caller context
15:16 marcelr as a reference[…]f-from-a-function
15:17 xoan joined #koha
15:17 tcohen PERL27
15:17 tcohen I think it was me
15:17 marcelr lol
15:17 marcelr never do that again tcohen ;)
15:18 paul_p joined #koha
15:18 tcohen the problem is I'm not on the meeting
15:18 tcohen haha
15:18 tcohen we are building a framework for simplifying retireval of data for rendering on the API
15:19 tcohen and we need conventions so we can nicely prefetch related stuffs, and there will be a need for consistency on function call results
15:19 tcohen that one, was a trivial one, so we don't need to check for defined on the result, and just pass the result to the rendering party
15:20 tcohen the OpenAPI plugin will reject things that are supposed to be lists and are undef instead
15:20 tcohen so, to avoid manual handling I proposed a guideline
15:21 Joubu for the next meeting, could you provide existing examples, good and wrong?
15:21 marcelr so it needs a bit more context
15:21 ashimema +1
15:21 tcohen to be honest, I planned to explain it on the previoius meeting
15:22 tcohen and didn't notice there was a meeting today
15:22 tcohen sorry for that
15:22 * Joubu vote yes for rule MEETING01 "Provide a new item with context and example, as well as a full guideline" :D
15:22 tcohen +1
15:22 marcelr +1
15:22 tcohen dont_do_things_too_fast++
15:23 ashimema haha
15:23 ashimema shall we move on again then
15:23 paul_p_ joined #koha
15:23 ashimema #topic Reinforce good commit messages guideline
15:23 Topic for #koha is now Reinforce good commit messages guideline (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 January 2020)
15:23 Joubu that was me
15:23 ashimema #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]messages#Examples Guidline
15:23 marcelr note the diff between bug and enhancement here
15:23 ashimema it was indeed
15:24 Joubu I tried to enforce this rule when I was RM. And we voted the guideline. The rule is no longer enforced
15:24 Joubu I'd like to know if we should get back to that or not
15:24 tcohen You don't always follow it :-P
15:24 Joubu like: do not c/p the bug title in the commit message, that's 2 different things
15:24 tcohen yeah, I hate that
15:24 Joubu I had to raise it because kohaputti FQA one of my patches for that reason :)
15:25 marcelr ah
15:25 marcelr selective reinforcement
15:25 Joubu it should be done at QA level and RM, not necessarily FQA
15:26 ashimema agreed I think
15:26 kohaputti I vote  to definitely enforce it
15:26 ashimema I do sometimes clean up commit messages on push.. though I'm inconsistent
15:26 marcelr it is always hard to fail a patch for title only
15:26 thd Have we recently passing patches which match examples of the worst commit messages?
15:26 Joubu and FQA if author stick to their bad habbits ;)
15:26 Joubu yes, a lot
15:26 tcohen I agree with Joubu
15:26 ashimema me too
15:26 kohaputti It is just one time to fail the patch, the author should learn for the next times
15:26 Joubu so email to koha-devel ?
15:27 marcelr exception for new authors perhaps
15:27 tcohen use social skills and don't be too hard on people, unless they keep their wrong habbit
15:27 thd Joubu++
15:27 marcelr new authors are allowed to do a lot
15:27 tcohen when I was RM, I fixed them on push too
15:27 Joubu but only the first time ;)
15:27 marcelr right
15:28 ashimema having a quick scan of the commitlog we're not straying too far from it all that often
15:28 kohaputti as a qa person I have no idea how many times this person has made non-descriptive patches, so quick fail or no fail is better in my opinion
15:28 ashimema so, enforcement at QA level isn't terrible.. but equally use a bit of judgement and generally opt on the side of 'be nice'..
15:28 marcelr so actually there is no problem?
15:28 Joubu #action Joubu will send an email to the list to remind devs about good/bad commit messages
15:29 ashimema I would never FQA a bug on just the title without having looked at the rest of the code first.. I would usually fix it for them and bring it up as a point that they should learn from my change
15:29 marcelr you always change my titles lol
15:29 ashimema a reminder is good now and then.. so that would be great Joubu
15:30 thd Without checking I presumed that the issue was more about excessive reference to bug report discussion in commit comments where irrespective of the simplicity of making a simple in comment description.
15:30 kohaputti for me the issue with non-descriptive commits is I have to use more time to understand the patch
15:30 kohaputti I don't want to reverse engineer the patch
15:31 marcelr that is also about more comment in the code
15:32 * ashimema is really struggling to find a bad one going through master
15:32 marcelr but leaving scope here
15:32 Joubu "Column Configuration for pay-fines-table does not hide Account Type properly"
15:32 Joubu it's the bug, not what does the patch
15:33 Joubu the following sequence of patch does not tell what the patchset does:
15:33 Joubu 24478: Add `EnablePointOfSale` system preference
15:33 Joubu 24478: Use `EnablePointOfSale` preference
15:33 Joubu 24478: Fix sequence in sysprefs.sql and add missing comma
15:34 ashimema to me.. the really bad ones are 'Address comment #42' and  'follow-up'
15:35 marcelr {QA follow-up) Some changes
15:36 Joubu I think we are done :)
15:36 marcelr yeah
15:36 ashimema I'm confused.. are you highlighting 24478 as bad or good..
15:36 Joubu bad
15:36 kohaputti for me those 24478 ones are really clear
15:36 marcelr Fix sequence in sysprefs.sql and add missing comma is not that bad
15:36 ashimema how would you have worded them?
15:36 marcelr it describe what you do
15:36 Joubu The main patch is "Use `EnablePointOfSale` preference"
15:36 inlibro joined #koha
15:37 kohaputti Joubu, read the body if you wanna know more details why it is used
15:37 Joubu Add a global switch to turn POS off
15:37 kohaputti body is for more explanation
15:37 ashimema what.. for all three patches you would use that single title?
15:37 ashimema or you would submit it as one bigger patch
15:37 marcelr Introduce pref X to allow enabling or disabling
15:38 marcelr Use pref X is a bit cryptic
15:38 * ashimema is looking at this as constructive criticism.. I like :)
15:38 paul_p__ joined #koha
15:38 ashimema fair
15:39 ashimema I tend to break down bugs into small commits to ease rebasing and backporting personally..
15:39 marcelr which is great
15:39 marcelr it is just about the title
15:39 Joubu I do not understand that one: "Dobbie is a free elf"
15:39 Joubu what did you mean?
15:39 Joubu ;)
15:39 Joubu next meeting?
15:39 wahanui next meeting is https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings
15:39 kohaputti ashimema, here it would have been better to make use of the syspref in the same patch it is introduced
15:39 marcelr your latest patch, Joubu ?
15:39 ashimema ok.. I think we can probably move on.
15:39 ashimema lol
15:39 ashimema 'Guess the RM'
15:39 marcelr ashimema++
15:40 ashimema #topic Set time of next meeting
15:40 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 January 2020)
15:40 ashimema same schedule as ever..
15:40 Joubu kohaputti: no, 1 patch for the new pref is good
15:40 ashimema so, 5th
15:40 Joubu you can spot omission easily
15:41 kohaputti Joubu, not for reading a story or reverting feature
15:41 Joubu it does not happen often
15:41 kohaputti Joubu, what omission you are talking about?
15:41 ashimema what time shall we make it..
15:41 Joubu add a pref is: atomicupdate, sysprefs.sql,
15:41 kohaputti anything fine for me
15:42 thd That is one week?
15:42 ashimema 2pm or 8pm UTC is the usual switch
15:42 marcelr no it should be two weeks
15:42 oleonard joined #koha
15:42 ashimema oops
15:42 ashimema you're right.. i read the wrong line
15:42 marcelr it always toggles, good for NZ bad for Europe
15:42 ashimema 12th.. but that's also a general meeting on the 12th
15:43 marcelr the general should be on the 5th ?
15:43 ashimema 8pm on the 12th is the general meeting..
15:43 Joubu 1 or 3 weeks then
15:43 ashimema how about 11th 8pm
15:44 thd We have been on a second week of month or so pattern for general meetings recently.
15:44 ashimema so same time as general meeting, but a day early
15:44 ashimema or..
15:44 Joubu we need to resync, otherwise you will have the same problem next month
15:45 marcelr do we want 1 or 2 dev meetings a month ?
15:45 Joubu every 2 weeks
15:45 marcelr ok 2
15:45 marcelr second tuesday fourth wednesday ?
15:46 Joubu I would pick Wed 19th
15:46 ashimema I'm thinking 5th.. to keep the ball rolling on getting those API guidelines done and bringing us back to the off week for general meeting.
15:46 ashimema it can be a nice short one with just a vote on that guidline I'll draft this afternoon
15:46 Joubu or 5 yes
15:46 marcelr 5th and 19th and sticking to first and third
15:47 ashimema also.. 5th gives us another week to remind GBSD on 14th :)
15:47 marcelr twice a month means every 2 or 3 weeks
15:47 thd Yes, months are not evenly divided by weeks.
15:47 Joubu that's why I answered you 1 every 2 weeks
15:48 marcelr Joubu that could be confusing too
15:48 Joubu endmeeeeeting
15:48 marcelr heh
15:48 ashimema #info Next meeting: 5 February 2020, 20 UTC
15:48 ashimema #endmeeting
15:48 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
15:48 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jan 29 15:48:41 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:48 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-01-29-14.00.html
15:48 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]0-01-29-14.00.txt
15:48 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]29-14.00.log.html
15:48 Joubu marcelr: that's what we are doing for years now :)
15:48 ashimema thanks guys.. apologies that was another long one.
15:49 marcelr no need to keep doing that :)
15:49 Joubu I think we should discuss tab vs spaces
15:49 marcelr i like that one do it on 20UTC please
15:49 Joubu not sure spaces was the correct choice
15:49 thd Joubu :)
15:49 marcelr take your time
15:49 marcelr maybe some Unicode space alternative?
15:49 ashimema did that come from my tweet about spaces vs tabs the other day Joubu?
15:50 Joubu ashimema: nope!
15:50 ashimema I was always a spaces man untill I read the accessability arguament
15:50 Joubu what was it about? apart of tabs and space...
15:50 xoan joined #koha
15:50 Joubu ashimema: so you have the coding guideline almost written I bet!
15:51 ashimema[…]10523928949887991
15:51 marcelr and it will be enforced
15:52 marcelr bye #koha
15:53 ashimema I tweeted it on Jan 5th
15:55 oleonard-away ashimema: I'm ready to switch only if we can convert all spaces to tabs in one giant update!
15:56 kohaputti oleonard, probably good to do perltidy at the same time
15:56 oleonard ashimema: I found that argument to be very compelling
16:04 Marie-Luce joined #koha
16:07 fridolin left #koha
16:08 ashimema indeed
16:09 ashimema me too.. but it would be a nightmare commit to do such a bulk change :(
16:13 reiveune bye
16:13 reiveune left #koha
16:13 oleonard ashimema: I would have assumed it would be a nightmare commit, but I don't actually know why it would be.
16:13 huginn News from kohagit: Revert "Bug 23493: (follow-up) Switch to aDataSort for multi-column sorting" <[…]967fbe6d6bdb573a7>
16:13 Joubu just saying but having a script that replace 4 spaces with tab when open a file, then reverse that on write, does not seem complicated. I am certainly missing something.
16:13 huginn News from kohagit: Revert "Bug 23493: (follow-up) Disable rowGroup on due date sort" <[…]109fb6212df6e11a0>
16:13 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23493: Remove commented lines <[…]e2968754ad655c9cf>
16:15 ashimema lol
16:21 * oleonard doesn't know who ashimema is lol'ing at and is afraid to ask
16:26 andreashm joined #koha
16:28 vfernandes any opinion about this: the link "Limit to currently available items" limits the search to the items where onloan is false... shouldn't list the items where onloan and notforloan are false?
16:30 ashimema erm
16:30 ashimema is bugzilla crazy slow for anyone else
16:33 oleonard Seems okay to me ashimema
16:33 cait available doesn't mean available for checkout
16:33 ashimema it's come back now.. very odd
16:33 cait vfernandes: it just means 'on the shelf'
16:34 cait in academic librareis you might find things in a reading room
16:34 cait or in a reference area maybe
16:37 inlibro joined #koha
16:40 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
16:42 vfernandes cait: i know but the term "available" can confuse the libraries (available on the shelf or available for checkout)?
16:43 vfernandes maybe the string needs to be changed
16:48 cait vfernandes:  we can't really determine available for checkout
16:48 cait because of circulation rules
16:48 cait it#s not in marc
16:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1112: STILL UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1112/
16:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #650: STILL UNSTABLE in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/650/
17:02 oleonard-away joined #koha
17:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #583: NOW UNSTABLE in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/583/
17:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #121: STILL UNSTABLE in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/121/
17:17 inlibro_ joined #koha
17:20 khall_ joined #koha
17:25 magnuse joined #koha
17:25 Nemo_bis joined #koha
17:25 Joubu joined #koha
17:25 janPasi joined #koha
17:25 zb joined #koha
17:25 matts joined #koha
17:25 tuxayo[m] joined #koha
17:25 ashimema joined #koha
17:25 tuxayo[m]1 joined #koha
17:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #100: STILL UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/100/
17:37 inlibro joined #koha
17:38 andreashm joined #koha
17:40 tcohen !start
17:40 AnnaBoten The hunt starts now!
17:43 AnnaBoten \_o< quack!
17:43 wahanui !bang
17:43 oleonard !bang
17:43 AnnaBoten \_x< oleonard: 1 (7.51 seconds)
17:51 AnnaBoten \_o< quack!
17:51 wahanui oops, slipped over
17:51 oleonard !bang
17:51 AnnaBoten \_x< oleonard: 2 (4.06 seconds)
18:00 AnnaBoten \_o< quack!
18:00 wahanui !bang
18:02 oleonard !bang
18:02 AnnaBoten \_x< oleonard: 3 (84.46 seconds)
18:02 AnnaBoten \o/ oleonard: 3 ducks out of 3: perfect!!! +5 \o/
18:02 AnnaBoten Best time: oleonard with 4.06 seconds
18:02 AnnaBoten oleonard took the lead for the week over corilynn with 8 points.
18:07 JesseM joined #koha
18:11 AnnaBoten \_o< quack!
18:11 wahanui *click*
18:11 oleonard !bang
18:11 AnnaBoten \_x< oleonard: 1 (9.07 seconds)
18:14 AnnaBoten \_o< quack!
18:14 wahanui oops, slipped over
18:14 oleonard !bang
18:14 AnnaBoten \_x< oleonard: 2 (7.34 seconds)
18:15 AnnaBoten \_o< quack!
18:15 wahanui *click*
18:16 oleonard !bang
18:16 AnnaBoten oleonard, you missed the duck!
18:16 oleonard !bang
18:16 AnnaBoten \_x< oleonard: 3 (47.50 seconds)
18:16 AnnaBoten \o/ oleonard: 3 ducks out of 3: perfect!!! +5 \o/
18:16 AnnaBoten Best time: oleonard with 7.34 seconds
18:26 AnnaBoten \_o< quack!
18:26 wahanui *click*
18:29 davidnind joined #koha
18:33 davidnind left #koha
18:37 inlibro joined #koha
18:44 tcohen !bang
18:44 AnnaBoten \_x< tcohen: 1 (1062.92 seconds)
18:54 AnnaBoten \_o< quack!
18:54 wahanui *click*
18:54 oleonard !bang
18:54 AnnaBoten \_x< oleonard: 1 (36.32 seconds)
18:57 AnnaBoten \_o< quack!
18:57 wahanui *click*
19:02 tcohen !bang
19:02 AnnaBoten tcohen, you missed the duck!
19:02 tcohen !bang
19:02 AnnaBoten tcohen, you are reloading... (Reloading takes 5 seconds)
19:02 tcohen !bang
19:02 AnnaBoten \_x< tcohen: 2 (300.41 seconds)
19:02 oleonard !bang
19:02 AnnaBoten [('tcohen', 2), ('oleonard', 1)]
19:02 AnnaBoten Best time: oleonard with 36.32 seconds
19:02 AnnaBoten There was no duck! oleonard: -1 (301.05 seconds)
19:05 kathryn joined #koha
19:09 cait joined #koha
19:10 AnnaBoten \_o< quack!
19:10 wahanui !bang
19:10 oleonard !bang
19:10 AnnaBoten \_x< oleonard: 0 (5.49 seconds)
19:17 AnnaBoten \_o< quack!
19:17 wahanui *click*
19:21 oleonard !bang
19:21 AnnaBoten \_x< oleonard: 1 (251.55 seconds)
19:25 tcohen !bang
19:25 AnnaBoten There was no duck! tcohen: -1 (469.76 seconds)
19:25 AnnaBoten \_o< quack!
19:25 wahanui !bang
19:28 oleonard !bang
19:28 AnnaBoten \_x< oleonard: 2 (149.98 seconds)
19:28 AnnaBoten [('oleonard', 2), ('tcohen', -1)]
19:28 AnnaBoten Best time: oleonard with 5.49 seconds
19:34 AnnaBoten \_o< quack!
19:34 wahanui !bang
19:36 oleonard !bang
19:36 AnnaBoten oleonard, you missed the duck!
19:37 inlibro joined #koha
19:45 xoan joined #koha
19:59 hayley joined #koha
20:01 cait happy birthday aleisha :)
20:01 aleisha thank you cait :)
20:01 kathryn thank you for my happy birthday the other day cait, I missed you! :)
20:02 cait all good, did you have a good day?
20:02 kathryn yup!
20:03 cait :)
20:03 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:14 rcmcdonald joined #koha
20:16 rcmcdonald Hello! I've got a quick question for the Koha community. Is there a way to set default permissions to a patron category? I want to define LDAP security groups that contain my librarians that trickles down to patron categories, that in turn sets access permissions automatically
20:26 cait sorry, not atm
20:27 cait there are bugs reported to do user roles and such, but no active development as far as I know
20:37 inlibro joined #koha
20:58 tosca joined #koha
21:37 inlibro joined #koha
21:45 aleisha joined #koha
22:29 xoan joined #koha
22:36 khall joined #koha
22:38 inlibro joined #koha
23:14 khall joined #koha
23:37 alexbuckley joined #koha
23:38 inlibro joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary